[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Star Wars Rebels

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 813
Thread images: 110

Obi-Wan edition

>Upcoming Releases:
http://www.swbooks.co.uk/updates/release.htm

>Newest Rebels Recon Episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JrVry8kgyw

>The Clone Wars Legacy Content:
http://www.starwars.com/tv-shows/the-clone-wars-legacy

>Star Wars: Uprising: (/swr/ Cartel: Loth-Cats)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpW6fOEvuSg
http://community.kabam.com/forums/showthread.php?568108-Newx-s-New-Player-Guide

>Star Wars: Commander (/swr/ Squad: Empire - SheevSquad)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUD2JkBxIJo

>Canon Guide & Timeline:
http://imgur.com/a/wnoIs

>Star Wars /co/ Booru:
starwars.booru.org

Download links (Books, Comics, Rebels, Films, etc): http://pastebin.com/nWsKtSya
>>
File: 1450482841580.jpg (726KB, 2032x1350px) Image search: [Google]
1450482841580.jpg
726KB, 2032x1350px
first for best ship
>>
>>78297309
Why does he look like he's posing for a Carl's Jr./Hardees ad?
>>
>the Rey flashback scene
>touches Anakin's saber
>doesn't show Mustafar
Knowing JJ, it was probably cut since muh OT.
>>
Will Rey get an Obi-Wan vision at some point?
>>
>>78297347
Why would it show Mustafar it didn't show anything from the OT
>>
>>78297354
That's why they're bringing back Hayden.
>>
>>78297347
Because Rey's connection is with Luke. Ren's is with Vader.

Pottery
>>
>>78297372
Bespin.
>>
Does 'Before the Awakening' have an audiobook?
I can't find any info about one.
>>
My two biggest complaints with the movie

-The two guys from The Raid weren't in a proper fight scene
-The Knights of Ren weren't introduced properly and were just a vision
>>
>>78297354
I swear, if Han comes back as a Force Ghost..

...then again, it's got to be better than Force Ghost Jar Jar.
>>
>>78295984
There's just too much vader in him :^)
>>78297337
Is that Finn or just some random trooper?
>>
So, just saw the movie. Liked it, pretty good. A little too straight foreward, thin on the details. But it WAS made for a younger audience, and hey - still better than Lucas' attempt to do the same.

Hearing the force talked about so matter of factly is a bit disjointing. I think the biggest obstacle fans face is disconnecting all the EU material in their heads and everything from decades of star wars prior, since it's all been declared Ex-Canonicus Extremis in Perditious.

I'm really glad they killed that person who you know they killed, that persons performance was the weakest over all. New cast is pretty good. Old cast is old and... stale and bad. Fite me if you must, but they really delivered the weakest performance here.

Also the tradition of Cantina owners somehow being all fucking knowing has come back from the Prequels to haunt us. Madame No-Capes pls, get out of movie.

Over all a pretty good film, just two scenes made me balk. The scene where they get THAT SHIP to get off the desert planet - as soon as they showed it I said "are you fucking kidding me?"

That and Kylo Ren unmasking. I laughed out fucking loud at his stupid face.
>>
>>78297337
I'm sad she was underused. Hopefully episode VIII rectifies that.
>>
>>78297347
You could hear the echoing cries of younglings and likely other Jedi that Anakin killed with it though, but the vision only showed Rey pertinent details to her destiny/identity.
>>
>>78297415
>that persons performance was the weakest over all.

What. He fell immediately back into the role. Leia was the one acting like she had a stroke. Even talked out the side of her mouth.
>>
>>78297406
That's the real hero of the movie, Warboy Trooper
>>
>>78297418
She needs a jetpack
>>
>>78297418
I wouldn't mind if her final scene wasn't so dumb. Couldn't they take some random officer or even Hux hostage instead?

>>78297467
She needs that riot stick, Gwen did take fencing lessons iirc so it could be fun to watch Phasma with a hand weapon.
>>
>>78297449
Maybe it was just the script he was handed in some places then, because at certain points it was baaaadd

"Hey...I like this guy..!"
>>
>>78297401
That's only for those that have followed all the info about the new cannon before seeing the movie though.

Mine are recycling parts of episode 4's plot, underused Phasma, and Kylo Ren's angry outbursts being dumb and taking away from him as a menacing antagonist.
>>
>>78297387
The first place she went to was Bespin? I think I heard Luke screaming after Vader told him he was his father, fits because then they show Luke's robo hand
>>
>>78297387
That's the last time the blade ever saw it's first owner.
>>
File: 1450520484881.gif (107KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1450520484881.gif
107KB, 300x300px
>>78297406
>not recognizing based TR-8R
>>
>>78297507
>Kylo Ren's angry outbursts being dumb and taking away from him as a menacing antagonist.

That was the best part though and part of what made him menacing.

Really getting tired of people whining that Kylo wasn't just the same sith character we've gotten for six movies already.
>>
>>78297502
I think it was more likely a result of Harrison Ford's injuries during filming that left J.J. with little time to spend on some of Han's scenes to perfect the delivery.
>>
>>78297507
I liked Kylo Ren's outbursts, they showed what he really was - an angry teenager. This is what the darkside is about, being ruled by your passions. That's what makes them strong. You even see Ren psyching himself up during the final duel, pounding his chest wound, getting pumped.
>>
>>78297485
>She needs that riot stick, Gwen did take fencing lessons iirc so it could be fun to watch Phasma with a hand weapon.

Darksaber
>>
>>78297415
>That and Kylo Ren unmasking. I laughed out fucking loud at his stupid face.

Yeah, seriously. Kylo is a good character concept, but the actor looks like a Harry Potter character. Someone in the previous said he'd prefer Gwendoline to be Kylo and honestly I agree. She looks young enough to make it work.
>>
Honestly?

I miss the ninja-Jedi lightsaber battles.

Sure it wouldn't make sense to have one in TFA since there's nobody who could do it, but still.
>>
>>78297403
Unless he himself is connected to the Force, that's not how it works.
>>
>>78297562
>You even see Ren psyching himself up during the final duel, pounding his chest wound, getting pumped.

That's not exactly what it was. He was punching his wound so he could tap into the pain to increase his connection to the dark side.
>>
>>78297535
What do you expect, they all look the same to me
>>
>>78297572
He looks like Tom Hiddleston after a severe beating to the face with treatment by an amateur doctor.
>>
>>78297572
>Harry Potter character
Yes, his name is Snape.
>>
>>78297539
This. His character is outstanding because he's different, he's a villain and powerful, but far from perfect and unstoppable. It's that approach that makes him more than just another Star Wars villain.
>>
File: cloud city gantry.jpg (199KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
cloud city gantry.jpg
199KB, 1024x1024px
>>78297517
Yeah, that's the hallway from Cloud City, where Luke is wandering and Vader ambushes him
>>
>>78297415
>But it WAS made for a younger audience
It was made for a newer generation but it had a PG-13 rating and had all the nostalgia pandering

>I'm really glad they killed that person who you know they killed, that persons performance was the weakest over all.
No way. He completely sold it. That other role he played as a certain explorer in his fourth movie, that one he was trying too hard in.
>>
>>78297539
Well I might be just we, but I kept thinking about how he was destroying equipment that would have to be replaced, and choking out people for giving him bad news would encourage them to tell Hux instead, undermining his authority. Vader usually dealt these out for failure.
>>
>>78297572
Now to be fair, it grew on me. Eventually I came to like it because he looked like exactly what he was - an awkward fucking teenager.
>>
>>78297562
>ou even see Ren psyching himself up during the final duel, pounding his chest wound, getting pumped.
He wasn't getting pumped, he was using the pain of the wound to stay conscious
>>
>>78297539
We saw him already in Episode 2 and 3 in Anakin and at least we had context on why he was acting like that.

With Kylo so far we have that he likes granddad and hates dad which are not really good reasons.
>>
>>78297415
Dead Guy just seemed like his heart wasn't in it.
Which it wasn't, obviously, he's hated the role since Jedi.
>>
File: covers.jpg (1MB, 2016x1728px) Image search: [Google]
covers.jpg
1MB, 2016x1728px
Here's the soundtrack covers vote:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1CnA5F4p5GfKY_7AhaOsFRksRurG5aB-j76qUMGJ5Gpk/viewform

He uploaded his TFA covers so i replaced the separate images with one.

In order from top to bottom are the 6 different ones he's made.
>>
>>78297562
Well still, it wouldn't be that good if he stayed like this in the next film. I hope they show some changes in his attitude from the events of The Force Awakens and from 'completing his training'.
>>
>>78297573
>I miss the ninja-Jedi lightsaber battles.
I don't.

At least not in the movies anyway. Only Episode 1 got it right
>>
>>78297642
>Only Episode 1 got it right

I need another Maul duel.
>>
>>78297636
He never even wanted to come back for Empire. He strongly felt that Han Solo's story arc was complete in that movie since you see him go from disinterested criminal to a hero trying to make a difference and didn't feel there was anything more to get out of the character.
>>
>>78297611
>choking out people for giving him bad news
Exactly like Vader did constantly?

>>78297639
Yeah i'd like to see him develop and become more menacing. or at least more outright psychotic, like an ugly male Azula.

>>78297659
>>78297642
I really liked the sword fighting in this. Good mix of realism and flashy. I'm sure it'll get more hype the more movies come. The Jedi characters need time to develop.

Speaking of which, do you think it's possible Finn is latent? It would explain him freaking out around all the death, it would explain his ability to use a lightsaber even though it's never given any indication he can use anything but a blaster.
>>
Just got back from it, fucking 10/10, this is the Star Wars movie we've been waiting for for 30 years, amazing action, great characters, a fantastic script unlike the SHITTY FUCKING PREQUELS, I wish Abrams was staying for the rest of the movies because he fucking GETS Star Wars
>>
>>78297637

Man all the good ones have at least one that ruins it.

>Top row is fucking great except the first one has the Maul duel with Obi & Qui-Gon...with a Tatooine background?..

>Second and third rows TFA covers don't follow the style at all and so they don't work.

>Fourth one the first two covers look WAY too similar. No idea why they didn't use a day shot of Naboo.

The vehicle ones aren't great but they're probably the most consisten at least.
>>
>>78297699
IDK if i'd go that far, Abrahms has a poison touch when it comes to sequels. I'm glad he's not on the directors chair for the other films. The last thing we need is two more HEY NUDGE NUDGE WINK WINK retreads.
>>
>>78297680
He at least felt like Empire was true to his character. He's always been open about the fact that Jedi was a mess and he thought Han should've died.
>>
File: Byph[1].jpg~original.jpg (13KB, 618x434px) Image search: [Google]
Byph[1].jpg~original.jpg
13KB, 618x434px
Why are Ithorians so loveable, bros?
>>
>>78297699
>this is the Star Wars movie we've been waiting for for 30 years

More like this is the same Star Wars movie we've had for 30 years already.
>>
>>78297696
>Exactly like Vader did constantly?
He didn't choke people for bad news, just for serious fuckups (or in Motti's case, to prove a point). Kylo's got temper issues, but that's part of his character- he's not as controlled as Vader was, and he's clearly still got some issues to work out that even he admits (both to Vader's helmet and to Han) that he's struggling with.
>>
>>78297696
>Speaking of which, do you think it's possible Finn is latent? It would explain him freaking out around all the death, it would explain his ability to use a lightsaber even though it's never given any indication he can use anything but a blaster.

When he was freaking out at first, i thought the same.

using a light-saber requires reflexes that either force sensitives have or life long mandos.
>>
>>78297696
Mostly for failing him. I don't remember him killing a messenger. Usually he issued orders or went to deal with the bad news instead, didn't he?
>>
>>78297699
I feel the same way. I really don't know that Rian Johnson and Colin Trevorrow can meet, let alone, exceed this film with 8 and 9. I'm a bit worried without JJ to be honest, he was already one of my favorite directors before this film so I had faith in him to begin with.
>>
>>78297699
Are we able to talk about the force awakens yet?
>>
File: Fixed.jpg (81KB, 640x634px) Image search: [Google]
Fixed.jpg
81KB, 640x634px
>>
>>78297752
We're talking a whole lot about it. Not even using spoilers anymore.
>>
>>78297699
It's kind of easy to "get" Star Wars when all you're doing is copying what's already there.
>>
>>78297741

Oh please. Vader chokes people out simply for insulting the force.
>>
>>78297755
>loses to someone who has never used to force before and never picked up a light saber

Fucking kek
>>
>>78297752
We've been talking about it all week
>>
>>78297751
I feel the exact opposite, JJ Abrahms turns everything I love into LENSE FLARE and shit, so I was really worried.

>>78297741
Well of course he's not as controlled as Vader was - Vader had a legit Jedi masters training (we still dunno who big spooky prune face is) and Vader was also basically dead inside at the time since his waifu and everything he had fought for was destroyed.
>>
>>78297637
>1
Bretty good
>2
Episode VII's doesn't fit
>3
Okay I guess, VII's only kinda works
>4
Like it, but V's is so bland, isn't there anything else that would work?
>5
VI is just... yikes.
>6
Fucking why
>>
>>78297796
>Implying she wasn't trained by Luke and had her memory wiped before being sent to Jakku for her protection
>>
>>78297778
I thought that was more to prove that the force was a thing to the non-believer.
>>
>>78297796
He had a chest wound that was pouring blood and it was shown that Rey is just ludicrously powerful in the force, being able to use Jedi level abilities with no idea what she's doing. She's basically Starkiller, IMO
>>
>>78297731
Ithorian babies are qt
>>
>>78297778
He did that once, and like I said, he was just proving a point. He didn't flip out on Motti and wasn't even trying to kill him, just trying to shut him up.
>>
>>78297796
it took 3 people to simply knock ren on his ass
>>
>>78297778
Oh right.
Though I guess he also did it to prove a point? He was also stopped by someone higher ranked then the guy he was choking.

With Kylo, subordinates will just start informing high ranked officers like Hux that Kylo can't choke and let him find out through them.
>>
You know what I'm really excited for Episode VIII? It's gonna have Rey and Finn separated for a while. Not that they weren't great together, they were, but it's going to be two separate things, Rey figuring shit out with Luke but more importantly,

FINN AND POE'S EXCELLENT ADVENTURES
>>
>>78297778
That's just because Vader looks for any reason to correct authority figures trying to lecture him. Or just kill people that Palpatine wants around out of spite. Vader genuinely has no love for the Empire deep down, so by killing the various high ranking officers around him, it's already a subconscious rebellion against Palpatine, the dark side, and the shitty path he chose.
>>
>>78297847
>FINN AND POE'S EXCELLENT ADVENTURES

GOD GAVE ROCK AND ROLL TO YOU
GAVE ROCK AND ROLL TO YOU
>>
http://strawpoll.me/6301960

Reposting this from several threads ago.
>>
>>78297827
>She's basically Starkiller, IMO
Eh I wouldn't go that far. Her being able to use the mind trick out of nowhere was dumb, but that was pretty much the only time when.

Okay, and Force-pulling the lightsaber. But that's far from Starkiller level.
>>
>>78297796
Pretty lame when you think about it, yes. but at the same time, the duel felt well paced and appropriate so I let it slide.
>>
>>78297827
>She's basically Starkiller
Hahahahahaha
>>
File: olepe13ahfwmginwq5ve.png (334KB, 636x358px) Image search: [Google]
olepe13ahfwmginwq5ve.png
334KB, 636x358px
I'm surprised to see that Captain Phasma is just the new Boba Fett.

>Cool armor, got a cape and shit
>Hype over her role in the movie
>Doesn't do anything, easily overtaken and thrown down a garbage chute
>Not even the most threatening Stormtrooper
>>
glib facsimile
>>
>>78297869
When she pulls a Star Destroyer down, we'll talk.
>>
>>78297870
>Pretty lame when you think about it, yes
It's pretty lame if you don't think about it.

If you do think about it, you realize he had a chest wound the size of a fucking slug in his chest and was clearly going through his own mental issues.

It's not like Rey picked up the saber and started beating him either
>>
What trailer got the best reaction at your showing of the force awakens?

People seemed to really respond positively to the zoo topiary sloth trailer at my showing.
>>
>>78297867
>no vote for Sarco Plank
Excuse me, but Sarco Plank was one of the most important characters in the movie, and his character arc was one of the most profound and emotional. You could even say he was the key to The Force Awakens, and I think you're out of line for not including him in this poll.
>>
>>78297796
>Just fought some other shmuck
>Had giant hole in his gut, just killed his fatherjust killed his father and was more focused on awkwardly turning someone to the darkside.
>She was already trained in melee combat and took out 2 guys by herself before she was force sensitive.
>>
>>78297917
EASILY the pet one
>>
>>78297888
I wasn't, seemed pretty obvious she wasn't going to be in it much and existed just to look cool and sell toys.
>>
>>78297917
Civil War but yeah, Zootopia got laughs out of everyone. Even my friend and he's not even into Disney movies
>>
>>78297918
That's not how you spell Unkar
>>
>>78297847
Fuck yeah. That sounds awesome.

Also
>Hey Chewie, you want to see Luke too while you're here?
>ROOOAAAARRR!
>Ah. Some time later, I guess.
>>
>>78297897
Keep that trash in /tv/

>>78297917
Everyone in the damn theater laughed stupidly loud at the Zootopia one and the Kung-fu Panda 3 one.
>>
Honestly curious what J.J. was thinking with Rey. Luke trained with Obi-Wan and YODA and still struggled to lift rocks and didn't pull off the mind trick until Jedi.

Rey shouldn't even know about the Jedi mind trick and pulls it off without even knowing she's force sensitive. Then she manages to pull off a stronger force pull on the lightsaber than Kylo and then beat him in a lightsaber duel.

There's literally no explanation they could give for why she's so proficient immediately. Even Anakin who was the byproduct of the force shooting its midichlorian juice into Schmi, required training.
>>
>>78297796
Luke got all the force powers. Of course Leia's kid is weak in it.
>>
>>78297888
They advertised her as this movie's Boba. They say she's gonna have a larger role in VIII
>>
>>78297917
Zootopia, without a doubt. I didn't notice any reaction to the other trailers, but that one got laughs from everyone.
>>
>>78297917
I only remember 2 trailers and they were both trash that no one wanted, Angry Birds movie and yet another YA book adaptation about aliens invading or some shit that looked embarrassing.
>>
>>78297917
Our theatre didn't show any trailers, just went straight to the movie.
>>
>>78297917
Nothing really my audience was quiet through out the movie
>>
>>78297847
But the real question is will distance make the heart grow fonder or will poe steal finn right from under rey?
>>
>>78297918
>>78297940
>leaving out based Zuvio
Constable Zuvio stole the show, fuck everyone else he needs his own spinoff movie
>>
>>78297951
>Then she manages to pull off a stronger force pull on the lightsaber than Kylo and then beat him in a lightsaber duel.
Him beating her had nothing to do with her being stronger then him in the force. The saber just refused to move for Kylo, it did not move once when he tried to pull it. Also she beat him because the dude had a hole in his chest and Finn messed him up a bit more too.
>>
>>78297917

They whooped and hollered and clapped for every trailer Kung Fu Panda, Jungle Book, that Laika studios one and the Fifth Wave. And then when the Finest Hour trailer showed, which was legitimately the best trailer and the only movie that actually looked good, it was dead silent and one person gave it a pity clap and then the theater laughed.
>>
>>78297978
Fuck you, I had to sit through 20 minutes of garbage before I saw the movie a second time.
>>
>No Han being an adoptive father to Rey, teaching her the ins and out of the Falcon.
fuck
>>
>>78297917
The sloth trailer had everyone laughing. I don't remember any of the other trailers getting much of a reaction, but I did hear one guy in the row in front of me go "but they just told us the entire story" at the Miracles from Heaven trailer
>>
>>78298008
>Finest Hours
>looks good
>>
>>78297917
My theater was mostly college aged male nerds who were too hip and ironic to enjoy anything. There were a lot of smug laughs after the BvS trailer, I turned to my friend sitting next to me and said "They're all gonna see it anyway."

The Jungle Book trailer seemed to go over the best, oddly enough,
>>
>>78298029
>but I did hear one guy in the row in front of me go "but they just told us the entire story" at the Miracles from Heaven trailer
He's right. I don't even pay attention to the various religious movies that have been coming out, but they trailer tells you the entire story, including the ending. It's baffling that someone thought this was a good idea.
>>
>>78298013
I'm sorry anon.
>>
Ray is basically force Jesus, I guess.
>>
>>78298017
Chewie can still take this role.

>>78297917
I only got Civil War, some shitty slav comedies and a Belgian comedy where some dude was apparently god and some lady slept with a gorilla. CW was the only one to get some sort of reaction, mostly from kids.
>>
>>78298065

Jungle book had a whistle refrain of Bear Necessities at the end.

Of COURSE it went over well.
>>
>>78298007
Why would Kylo give up on trying to pull the light saber after one failed attempt. And still she was able to mind trick the guard right away
>>
>>78298029
>>78298069
>everyone getting Jungle Book and Kung Fu Panda and Laika trailers
>get Miracles from Heaven and Gods of Egypt
Fuck
>>
Kylo Ren was Anakin Skywalker done right
>>
>>78297796
Ren had been shot, and not just with a blaster, they made a point of showing multiple times that Chewie's bowcaster packed more destructive power than your average blaster. At one point it blew a stormtrooper's armor to bits. Ren was basically hobbled after having a big ass hole blown in him and he still managed to hold his own against Rey, after defeating Finn no less, both of whom were in perfect physical condition and in Rey's case was already excellent at CQC before she got force powers and a lightsaber.

And that's not even taking into account how focus plays a role in force user duels, Rey was on the 'trust in the force' hike and was completely focused on Ren after what happened with Solo and Finn. Ren on the other hand had just killed his dad and was taking it pretty fucking badly, and had just fought and defeated Finn who had (because of his extensive injuries) scored a decent hit on his one remaining good arm/shoulder.

Of course the poor bastard lost the fight, he needed a fucking sit down and a nice warm glass of milk from papa Snoke before he was ready to deal with those bullies. Poor guy had a fucking rough day.
>>
>>78298180
He's certainly not annoying and insufferable, that's for sure.
>>
>>78298180
I agree with your assertion
>>
>>78297917
The Zootopia sloth trailer by far. Everyone was cracking up. Even the coolio high school basketball dudes in front of me were losing it.

Jungle Book and Civil War got some oohs and aahs, and I think there was another trailer that I don't remember, so it was probably mediocre.
>>
>>78298180
Yeah, Adam Driver's performance is exactly what George Lucas seemed to have been trying to pull off but couldn't quite reach because of writing and the actor he cast. He really nailed it.
>>
>>78298180
He's done better than Anakin, but I wouldn't call him "Anakin done right" since they're very different characters.
>>
>>78298180
>can't beat a girl who's never fought a fight
>can't beat an ex storm troopers who's job was being a janitor

Kek.
>>
>>78298138
>Why would Kylo give up on trying to pull the light saber after one failed attempt.
He didn't you see him try it more then once and it refuses to move.
>>
>>78298069

Speaking of that they showed the Batman vs. Superman trailer.

Holy shit does that movie look terrible. They literally called the movie Batman VERSUS Superman and then spoil in the trailer that they get over their problem and team up to take on the real bad guy. AND SPOILED WHO THE REAL BAD GUY WAS.
>>
Is it more or are a lot of the aliens in this movie lumpy orange frog people?
>>
Rey was a boring non-character, she would literaly be a Mary Sue if this was fanfiction

Finn and Poe were highlights of the movie. Their bromance was by far the most endearing part of the movie, and Finn's character growth was really compelling to watch.

Kylo was great until he had extended temper tantrums. I don't mind the occasional destroyed piece of equipment or whatever, but slashing at a wall for almost a minute really took a lot of the threat out of him for me.

Han was good, but his quips didn't feel like Han. I was glad when he diedBecause that means Poe and Finn have more chance to shine.

The plot was a fucking garbage super lazy rehash of A New Hope. Only the names and places were changed.

The destruction of The Republic was stupid. No emotional impact of buildup, no actual importance other than "Rebel V Empire" status quo. it was genocide porn, short and simple, and it really fucking draggged the movie down for me.

7/10 still better than AOTC.
>>
>>78298319
>They literally called the movie Batman VERSUS Superman and then spoil in the trailer that they get over their problem and team up to take on the real bad guy. AND SPOILED WHO THE REAL BAD GUY WAS.
To be fair, that was kind of expected. But yeah, the movie looks awful.
>>
>>78298333
>The destruction of The Republic was stupid. No emotional impact of buildup, no actual importance other than "Rebel V Empire" status quo. it was genocide porn, short and simple, and it really fucking draggged the movie down for me.

The Resistance doesn't even fucking react. Like five minutes later they're literally joking about lol another Death Star.
>>
>>78298319
>>78298342
Keep it in your own goddamn threads don't bring that shit here.
>>
>>78298357
Yeah it's pretty obvious to me the film was rushing at this point.
>>
Anyone play Galaxy of Heroes? They were giving out a free Phasma.
>>
>>78298357
It literally had a "AND THIS IS SO MUCH BIGGER AND BADDER THAN THE DEATH STAR CAUSE WE RAISED THE STAKES AREN'T YOU HYPE RIGHT NOW SCENE"

I was groaning so fucking hard.
>>
>>78298180
One of the highlights of the movie. His elongated face just added to the weirdness.
>>
>>78298274
My mistake I read that as he tried to pull it but failed and stopped
>>
>>78298397
I changed my mind. THAT was the movie's biggest fault.
>>
>>78297957
Leia got them too, but unlike the EU, it doesn't look like she trained them in the movie canon
>>
File: death star 3.png (14KB, 693x259px) Image search: [Google]
death star 3.png
14KB, 693x259px
>>78298357
Everything about the Starkiller weapon was stupid
>>
>>78298397
Yeah that was pretty cringe.

Parts of the movie weren't assembled well, it's a definite 7/10 held up by good actions scenes and some stand out acting. The plot is pretty dildo's.
>>
>>78297591
That's racist.
>>
>>78298397
>General Hux, the Death Star failed in both of its prior forms. Wouldn't it make sense to build a larger fleet?
>Then we shall make an entire plane into a superweapon! And we shall destroy all who stand in our way! And the only ones who will know our base's secrets will be the Janitors!
>.... fucking Gingers
>>
>>78298180
His acting is certainly better.

Ren is going for a different thing than Anakin though
>>
>>78297951
She is a Skywalker and learned how to use the force when Luke trained her in his academy. Rey's mind got wiped and Kylo left her on Jakku to die without him getting his hands dirty. She didn't learn to use the force in this movie, the force just awakened in her again.

Maybe I'm wrong, but this would be a good explanation for her being so strong already.
>>
>>78298477
Honestly I prefer it that way. Following the Jedi way is Luke's thing, I always thought it was unnecessary for Leia to train as a Jedi. Maybe just hone some of her Force connection, but not pick up a lightsaber and start flipping around and Force-pushing things.

I like that they kept her as a military leader who maintains a connection to the Force but isn't trying to follow in her brother's footsteps.
>>
>>78298390
>They were giving out a free Phasma.
bullshit. I got Poe and FO trooper.

I like the FO trooper though. dat counter attack ability, yo.
>>
I feel like TFA was like an opposite prequel. All the acting was way better than the characters given.
>>
>>78298527
It's either that or he really wants to bury his lightsaber in her force conduit. I kinda pinged him for the obsessed autist who wants his Waifu to love him.
>>
>>78298527
It would be an explanation. It wouldn't be a good one. That said, no matter what explanation they offer it's still a lazy way of offering Jedi Stuff in The New Star Wars Movie. It's still cheap and unearned. The damage is done. It won't make TFA a better movie, though the sequels might provide a better overall story.
>>
>>78298180
Yes and Driver is one of the best actors Star Wars ever had. Completely stole the movie for me.
>>
>>78298533
The Force connection thing shows when she senses Han's death.
>>
>>78298538

I've had the FO Trooper for a while now. But I signed in yesterday and it was like here's your free Phasma. My friend got Poe too though so maybe it varied. Phasma is pretty good support. Now I have three First Order characters too and they all get buffs together.
>>
>>78298549
>YFW Ben fell to the darkside because he wanted to pork his half sister but couldn't
>>
>>78298486
Hux going to consult Snoke about what to do was pretty stupid, yeah. I know they had to set up the next one, but Hux could've been talking to him on his ship while he was evacuating.

"Where is Kylo?"
"We have him onboard sir, we're treating his wounds"
"Bring him to me, I'll complete his training"

And there, that's it. Instead the guy goes all the way to the big audience chamber to talk to the giant hologram while the place is falling apart and seriously asks him what he should do. What kind of idiot does that?
>>
>>78298533
>yfw she trains in it and she gets battle mediation to turn the tide of battles
>>
>>78298566

It didn't really bother me because abandoning such a vital and expensive part of the First Order isn't an easy decision to make.
>>
>>78298533
Same. I loved that Leia didn't become a Jedi but at least trained a bit in understanding the force.
>>
>>78298570
I hope she's not in the next movie, with Han dead there's no reason for that dried out coke head to appear and ruin the film with her lack of acting.
>>
>>78297309

STAR WARS ON MY /CO/

Ah fuck off with this anime crap, star wars is fucking everywhereeee
>>
>>78298618
Besides, Hux is clearly a yes man weenie with the way he sucks SUPREME LEADER's dick.
>>
>>78298618
It's blowing up. It's fucked.
>>
What are the odds of old Lando showing up?
>>
>>78298533
>>78298650

I think it's pretty stupid desu. She's literally intentionally gimping herself, the resistance and the future of the Jedi because???

Oh and look how it turned out. She has a son and because she never bothered with the force she sends her son away and he resents her for it and ends up trying to be like his grandfather.

GOOD JOB LEIA
>>
>>78298564
I've used Phasma a few times as an ally character, and have to agree. Her and my genosian soldier helps with bonus attacks, and the Troopers counter attacks all lead to some quick build up in damage.
>>
>>78298697
SW has been on "your" /co/ for months you mong
>>
>>78298678
Well she is Poe's boss.
>>
>>78298707
Billy D Williams will do just about fucking anything for money so if they offer...

>>78298710
Leia was always too headstrong and stubborn. Her learning too much force would be a recipe for disaster. She probably recognized this
>>
>>78298718

Oh no wonder it smells like BO here
>>
So what do you think the TWEEEST on the Rey/Finn romance will be? obviously with them pushing it so fucking hard, something has to make it not happen in the next movie or two. They can't pull the 'secretly related' thing this time either, cause...well, you know.
>>
>>78298697
>>
>>78298618
It is when it's literally the only thing you can do. The place was blowing apart, what did Hux think Snoke was going to do, tell him "oh go find the explosion-prevention override switch in corridor 2, that'll fix everything"
>>
>>78298761
I honestly thought that scene was going to end with Snoke saying "You have failed me... Perish for your trespass" or some shit and leave him to die.

Snoke so far seems pretty fucking reasonable for an evil overlord. Even when his minions are being shit, he doesn't berate them too badly.
>>
>>78298716

What's your teams right now?

My hero team is

Chewie Lead
Jedi Consular
Jawa
Ewok
Stormtrooper Han

Just got Ahsoka today though so I'm gonna try to replace Ewok or Jawa probably.

Dark Side is
Sidious Lead
Cad Bane
Phasma
Asajj
Talia

Training up my First Order Trooper and First Order TIE Pilot right now so I can use them with Phasma.

Sheev is fucking amazing. Just had a battle where everyone else died on 3/3 but him and he was against three Jedi. He dodged or reflected nearly everything they tried to do and gained health back every time he hit them and solo'd the wave.
>>
>>78298080
Rey was definitely a Mary Sue in this movie.
>>
>>78298397
i really wish that the hole on the planet was thruster of some sort and the planet was one gigantic mobile base
>>
>>78298749
They are not pushing it at all. They were more like friends than lovers.
>>
>>78298718

Try years. It's just worse at the moment due to all the movie stuff.
>>
If the Death Planet consumes a sun every time it fires.... how did they charge it twice? Did that planet have two suns?

How could they ever fire it again? How many suns could possibly be close by?
>>
File: owen-beru.jpg (88KB, 900x766px) Image search: [Google]
owen-beru.jpg
88KB, 900x766px
How did they age so badly in only 19 years?
>>
>>78298854
They live in a fucking dehydrated desert surrounded by angry tuskens and fat slug mafioso's
>>
>>78298852
Doesn't the map confirm they've moved it from one system to another?

I honestly think destroying suns to fire a laser beam was bit of an overkill. Destroying stars in inhabited systems alone would be scary enough.
>>
>>78298854
Marriage will do that to you.

My Grandma and Granddad died at 43.
>>
>>78298854
Some space disease
>>
>>78298390
I got a free Phasma and Resistance Trooper. Trying to grind for Poe and Rey now. Kinda want Ren, but I don't have enough for another crystal pull.

>>78298816
Light Side:
Chewie
Consolar
Jawa
Eeath Koth (newest addition)

Dark side:
Talia
Ventress
IG-88
IG-86
Snowtrooper.

Five shards away from Dooku and about ten away from Snips. Still on the fence as to who to go for next.
>>
File: Clone_trooper.jpg (37KB, 500x311px) Image search: [Google]
Clone_trooper.jpg
37KB, 500x311px
Clone Trooper > First Order Stormtrooper > Empire Stormtrooper

This cannot be denied
>>
>>78298854
They live on Fucking Tatooine.
>>
>>78298881
You have to wonder how they escaped notice when their operation involves sucking up suns. I can see the Death Stars escaping detection because they're moon-sized, but if suns start disappearing someone is going to notice.

Though I'm assuming the Hosnian massacre is the first time it was ever actually used.
>>
>>78298716
>>78298390
I may not be playing this game right
What's the fastest way to get new characters?
>>
>>78298922

I didn't even notice Rey was available.

Another weird thing, is there no lightsaber Luke?..

I know there's ANH rifle Luke but there's no Jedi Luke at all...
>>
>>78298971
Opening your wallet.
>>
>>78298933
FO troopers are clearly just bad marksmen, they should've given them all riot gear to make them truly effective.
>>
>>78298933
I'm kind of meh on the FO Stormtroopers

Unless you're referring to their skill/competency level, in which case yeah, that sounds about right given what we know about their training and recruitment (or lack of in the case of clones and the FOS)
>>
>>78298363
See
>>78297917
>>
>>78298971

I've gotten really lucky with draws. And after a couple days you can usually afford to buy a character from the Squad Arena Shipment and Squad Cantina Shipment. Ahsoka for example was only 25 crystals and each Squad Cantina shipment of her got you 5. So I got her real quick.
>>
>>78298985
Her drop points are Light 2-A and Dark 5-D. And Lightsaber Luke only shows up as a boss for now.
>>
>>78298995
>FO troopers are clearly just bad marksmen
So just like the other two
>>
>>78298933

Of course

The Clone Army actually won a war and slaughtered the Jedi.
>>
Apparently it was Ewan McGregor who shouted "Rey" during the flashback sequence on Takodana.
>>
>>78297917
Pretty much all of the trailers got some sort of reaction but the biggest ones were Kung Fu Panda and BvS. When Wonder Woman actually appeared during BvS, people actually started to clap.
>>
>>78299097
https://twitter.com/jatactor/status/678299784621350912
>>
File: hondo.jpg (44KB, 630x473px) Image search: [Google]
hondo.jpg
44KB, 630x473px
Imagine what your favorite Star Wars character is like drunk. Mine is pic related, so I don't have to imagine.
>>
>>78298816
>>78298985

Hero team is
Ahsoka lead
Jedi consular
Poe
Chewie
Clone Sergeant

Dark side is
Talia lead
FO trooper
Royal guard
Geonosian Soldier
and Snow trooper.

To be fair, i just started playing less than a week ago, so i'm still working on building my roster.

And yeah, Rey became avaliable same day as Finn and Kylo.

You get her shards on 2-A hard light side or the data packs, but you need 80 shards.

Not sure about luke. I mean you can fight him in his cloud city outfit with his lightsaber, and he's called Rebel Luke Skywalker, so it looks like he's only an enemy for now
>>
>>78299158

Drunk Ahsoka would be pretty damn adorkable.
>>
File: Stupid Boy.jpg (43KB, 300x305px) Image search: [Google]
Stupid Boy.jpg
43KB, 300x305px
>>78297917
We got the Dad's Army remake

It looks alright.
>>
Forgot our theater got Independence Day 2.

Holy shit that looked bad.
>>
>>78299185
>>78298922
>>78298816
What are your ally codes?
>>
>>78299158
>Trench

probably jusy screaming about his military achievements
>>
>>78299185
>>78298922
>>78298816
Is the game any good? Picked up a tablet recently and looking for something to do on it
>>
>>78299274

Oh yeah forgot that was a thing.

754-479-836
>>
So according to the guidebook, Phasma's armor is made out of parts of Sheev's old spaceship from his Naboo days. Do you think it's meant to signify anything? Separatist heritage maybe?
>>
>>78299257
Only things I got were Fifth Wave, Gods of Egypt, Zootopia, and Civil War.

>>78299185
Yeah, the 17th saw them add Finn, Kylo, Rey, Poe, and Phasma.

>>78299274
566-417-183
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-19-18-01-13.png (633KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-19-18-01-13.png
633KB, 854x480px
Hey guys, this game is actually pretty good, and it just got updated qith the characters of TFW, anyone else playing it?
>>
>>78299097
>>78299115
So Obi-wan force ghost trying to connect with Rey?
>>
I thought that Kylo Ren was kind of qt in a weird way.
>>
>>78299304

It's addicting as shit and it doesn't feel like the microtransactions bend you over TOO hard. I've got a decent amount of characters and always feel like I'm making progress. And there's a bunch of different arenas that all go off their own energy so it feels like there's never a point where I can't battle when I want to and energy stacks over max as well. And every character has like three unique skills. There are time you can just auto-battle through but there's been a lot of times where I needed to manually map out the battles myself and put some strategy into it.

Galaxy of Heroes >>> Uprising >>>>>>>>>> Commander
>>
>>78299375
>playing mobile games in Spanish
Why
It's even worse than Spanish in console games. Translators don't give two shits about what things are supposed to mean
>>
>>78299322
A diehard devotion to Palpatine that likely runs in her family. The First Order, aside from brainwashed Stormtroopers, is made up of fanatical zealots who thought the post-Endor Empire was full of retarded Moffs and Governors not worth following because it devolved into petty squabling over scraps, so the soldiers followed their military leaders, and what's implied to be Snoke, off to hide and rebuild.
>>
>>78299322
>"dies" in an embarassing way

She's Trench's adopted daughter or granddaughter, it's obvious.
>>
My trailers (IMAX 3D) were all nerd-shit:

>Star Trek
>Warcraft
>Independence Day 2
>BvS
>Civil War
>X-Men Apocalypse
>Jungle Book (the only non-nerd trailer)

I feel like there was one more, but I forgot. No Zootopia.

None of them got huge reactions, since they've mostly been out for a while. But it was clear that everyone in the theater had OPINIONS about BvS, especially once Wonder Woman showed up, because the chatter went up a lot at that point.

For me, though? Warcraft got me fucking hype. I hadn't seen that trailer yet, and it looks great. Even if it's not a good movie, the aesthetic is perfect.
>>
>>78299375
We've got a couple apparently.
>>
>>78299506
>Independence Day 2
What the fuck
>>
>>78299296
More likely he would 'die' of alcohol poisoning then show up for a meeting the next day.
>>
>>78299274
185-388-392
>>
>>78299576
It's pretty much X-COM the movie
>>
Here's the real question.

Who's spent money on Galaxy of Heroes? I've been so tempted.
>>
>>78297637
Question. What format are the later Soundtracks going to be in?

Because FLAC rips would be great.
>>
>>78299728
Haven't and don't intend to. Cause i'm broke as fuck
>>
File: Malani.gif (1009KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Malani.gif
1009KB, 320x240px
Am I alone in wanting to see an Ewok in Rebels?

If TCW could help fix the Gungans (though to be fair there wasn't anything wrong with them save Jar Jar) then I don't see why Filoni can't redeem the little buggers somehow.
>>
>>78299792
>fix the ewoks
>fix what isn't broken
>fix what is perfect
Get out of here, anon.
>>
>>78299792

Doubt it will happen because nobody even knew the Ewoks existed until Jedi.

Plus what would they even do? The Ewoks were fine.
>>
>>78299792
I'd prefer some Jawas instead.
>>
>>78299792
I'm not sure I want to see members of the rebellion meeting ewoks before episode 6. I do want to see Mara Jade as Second Sister though.
>>
>>78299811
Well, I do like them, but I mean fix them for the unenlightened.

>>78299825
I dunno, smuggle one on a ship? It's a big galaxy.
>>
>>78299792
THEY EAT

PEOPL-AAAAAAAA

AHHHHHH-
>>
>yfw Syrio was in the cantina
>>
>>78299903
What, don't you want to eat Sabine?
>>
Anyone else kinda disappointed with the new aliens?

Not because their designs are bad or anything but because it felt like J.J. didn't even WANT us to see them. The pacing for the entire movie was too fast but man it seemed like the camera just did NOT want to look at any background characters. It moved through Maz's cantina like a fucking bullet.
>>
>>78299925
I'm not a Hutt
>>
I just finished Heir to the Jedi, which ones do you recommend to read next /co/:

Twilight Company
Moving Target
Smuggler's Run
Before the Awakening
Dark Disciple
>>
File: 1410441047547.jpg (26KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1410441047547.jpg
26KB, 300x300px
>>78299925
>mfw she dyes the carpet to match the drapes
>>
>>78299981
Like eating Tutti Fruitti
>>
>>78299971
Read all of them in the order you posted.
>>
>>78299937
It felt as if there were only two kinds of them, nondescript rodent-ish creature and nondescript ugly wrinkly dude, with maybe 3 or 4 exceptions. Nothing quite as remarkable as Rosidans, Mon Calamari, Jawas, let alone many of the Clone Wars races, like whatever the fuck Trench was.
>>
https://twitter.com/jatactor/status/678299784621350912

Ayyy
>>
Just got back from seeing it a second time. Was able to appreciate it more since this screening must have been full with people that are seeing it again. No loud obnoxious clapping that lasts so long that it inturrupts the next lines, but people still laughing at the fun moments.

Bretty good
>>
>>78300029
oh fug
>>
>>78299792
Ewoks are fucking scary natives that crush people's skulls with rocks.

They don't need fixing, they need to be shown in their glory.
>>
>>78299924
So he's alive.
>>
>>78300020

Yeah I don't know if it's because they're new and I'm not used to them but everything in the PT felt like Star Wars.

Despite the practical effects none of the background characters in TFA felt like Star Wars. It's kinda peculiar. Dunno if George was behind creature design but maybe that was it?

The stand out aliens in TFA were Nien Nunb and Akbar so...
>>
File: gc6.jpg (359KB, 1280x1768px) Image search: [Google]
gc6.jpg
359KB, 1280x1768px
>tfw no tall space facist waifu to gently dominate you
>>
>>78300020
There was a weird trend towards orange toad/lizard-looking aliens, too. There were a few designs that were alright but none that really stand out, and there wasn't a lot of diversity in the designs. The whole "wow look at this bar full of weird aliens" thing doesn't work as well when very few of them stand out.
>>
>>78300139
I'd slide into her garbage chute, if you know what I mean
>>
>>78300139

She looks like such an ape.
>>
>>78300160
D-do you mean sex?
>>
File: poe and kylo.jpg (57KB, 501x573px) Image search: [Google]
poe and kylo.jpg
57KB, 501x573px
First deleted scene revealed
>>
>>78300142
Yeah, exactly. The only ones I found remarkable were that guy on Jakku with those clunky prosthetic arms that looked like front of a digger and maybe the Crimson Corsair but he doesn't even really count.
>>
What's the point of allies on Galaxy of heroes? You choose from random allies anyways when you fight.

Do your allies get priority on being listed or something?
>>
I'm fucking jealous. I got Gods of Egypt and something else I can't remember.
>>
>>78299937
To me, it felt too much like the alien races he added to the Star Trek reboot films which were out of place there already. I liked the insect guys playing a game in Maz's place though. And the Rathtars. Should have at least thrown some Twi'leks and Rodians in though so it felt a little bit more familiar. I also would have loved to see more Kel'Dor or those shark guys personally.
>>
File: supreme leader snoke.png (163KB, 245x360px) Image search: [Google]
supreme leader snoke.png
163KB, 245x360px
>>78300177
technically all humans are apes anon
>>
>>78300205
Meant for >>78299506
>>
>>78299971
Twilight Company, and then Lost Stars of you haven't already.
>>
File: zck4wkfx17lqpge9c8ia[1].jpg (386KB, 1440x593px) Image search: [Google]
zck4wkfx17lqpge9c8ia[1].jpg
386KB, 1440x593px
>>78300142
>>78300185
>>78300208

Majority of them are big ugly and wrinkly. I think he just went overboard desu. The Mos Eisley aliens were clearly just humanoids in masks but that's why they all worked. They weren't overdone.
>>
File: Han_Solo_in_The_Star_Wars.png (3MB, 1130x822px) Image search: [Google]
Han_Solo_in_The_Star_Wars.png
3MB, 1130x822px
>>78300105
You know, it's funny how some people here brought up they were disappointed we didn't get an alien lead for TFA. When George originally wanted Han Solo to be an alien before changing it, kinda makes me wonder how the film would have turned out
>>
>>78300205
>>78300226
Also I remembered the other trailer, it was The Fifth Wave.

Those two were all we got.
>>
>>78300208
The Rathtars didn't really feel too much like SW aliens, they were pretty generic retro sci-fi designs. Not out of place but hardly what I'd consider the hallmark of Sw alien designs.
>>
>>78300029
I fucking knew it was Obi Wan
>>
>>78300239
Han is Swamp Thing?
>>
>>78300238
Same with Jawas, Tuskens, the bounty hunters from ep V and most of the aliens from Jabba's palace - or hell, even Ewoks. Sometimes less is more.
>>
>>78300238
A lot of them remind me of Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy for some reason.
>>
>>78300238
The droid and space pirate are the only decent ones here.

Was the TIE pilot helmet guy even in the movie?
>>
File: Spaceballs.png (842KB, 600x594px) Image search: [Google]
Spaceballs.png
842KB, 600x594px
>>78300238
>>
>>78300238
>Ithorian with a mouth
Dafuq
>>
File: 1331707113801.jpg (59KB, 919x720px) Image search: [Google]
1331707113801.jpg
59KB, 919x720px
>>78300139
>ywn be a FO Storm Trooper under Phasma
>ywn try your hardest to get better in order to catch her attention
>she will never admire your tenacity and take you under her wing personally
>ywn grow closer to her with private training
>>
>>78300442
It's an Ottegan
>>
>>78300029
wait what? when was that?
>>
>>78300139
>all the porn will be generic shit bearing no resemblance to how Christie looks like and with Phasma never being the dominant side

You know that's how it's going to end
>>
>>78297917
Sloth trailer, Warcraft and TMNT all three got good response
>>
>>78300455
During the vision, you hear "Rey!" before Kylo comes out. It was Ewan.
>>
>>78300442
guidebook says it's a similar species with one normal mouth
>>
>>78300479
Oh right, I remember that now. Neat.
>>
File: 1450551937268.jpg (82KB, 868x888px) Image search: [Google]
1450551937268.jpg
82KB, 868x888px
>>78300139
>>
File: 1447698104112.jpg (189KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1447698104112.jpg
189KB, 600x800px
I'm watching Star Wars The Clone Wars, and I just got to the first episode all about Jar Jar.
This is supposed to be funny, right? Cause Jar Jar comes across as genuinely learning disabled. Like, actually retarded. So it's just sad.
>>
>>78297507
>Kylo Ren's angry outbursts being dumb and taking away from him as a menacing antagonist.

That was the entire point. He's struggling. He wants to be menacing, but he isn't quite there. He fucking hates himself for being a weak pussy
>>
>>78300029
This gonna be good. Ewan as force ghost Obi-wan could be cool.
>>
>>78300238
Why is that old man's hand so fucking close to that large alien's crotch?
>>
>>78300479
Sheeeet
>>
File: CantinaPoster[1].jpg (704KB, 1517x1065px) Image search: [Google]
CantinaPoster[1].jpg
704KB, 1517x1065px
>>78300238
>>78300340
>>78300359
>>78300366
>>78300378
>>78300442

By comparison look at these guys.

You've got Devaronian, Bith, Duros, Talz, Trandoshan, Jawa, Ithorian, Aqualish and Rodian all there. All amazing designs despite their simple humanoid with a mask concept.
>>
>>78297917
>Sloth trailer
laughs
>Independence Day
One guy whooped
>Civil War
Handful of claps and cheers
>Pets
A few chuckles
>>
>>78300496
What, they needed to make ithorians more humanoid for some reason? And "one normal mouth" as in "one normal mouth in addition to the usual Ithorian holes?" Bull honkey.

And a beard? Naw man. Naw.
>>
File: 1450483086738.png (202KB, 582x233px) Image search: [Google]
1450483086738.png
202KB, 582x233px
>>78298390
>i'm having more fun playing Galaxy of Heroes then I am Battlefront.
>>
Korkie is Obi Wan's son.

Korkie is Rey's father.

You heard it here first.
>>
>>78297337
Is there more of this?
>>
>>78300595
Didn't even knew Cathar were introduced in the cantina. Not exactly its best though...
>>
>>78297888
They shouldn't have even had Kylo Ren be the main baddie. I would have loved it if Phasna was the big bad or the dragon with Kylo as a more mature character and playing the supreme leader.
>>
>>78300638
He always calls Satine "auntie". But come to think of it, who are his parents when Satine's seemingly only sister is Bo-Katan?
>>
>>78297951

I'm pretty sure she instinctively tapped into the Force when she was being interrogated by Kylo Ren. She accidentally got into his head. Additionally, Ren was basically using the Jedi mind trick to try to coerce into showing him the map. She's not retarded, if somebody is using the force to manipulate her mind I think she would realize that she could potentially do the same.
>>
>>78300638
There's a lot of things I hear here first and most of it's retarded, like this one.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (28KB, 450x341px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
28KB, 450x341px
>>78300595

This motherfucker was always terrifying to me.
>>
>>78300696
Exactly.

We know your tricks Filoni
>>
>>78300715
Why has the werewolf planet never been explored? They need to get on this
>>
File: Wilson.jpg (49KB, 300x326px) Image search: [Google]
Wilson.jpg
49KB, 300x326px
>>78300696
>>78300738
Great

Now all I can think of is him calling Obi-Wan 'Uncle Obi'
>>
>>78300181
Well now we know how Kylo got Poe to talk.

>Next movie has Finn fighting Kylo again because he touched his husbando.
>>
>>78300715
I wanna hug him
>>
>>78298180

yeah Anakin should have had a father that he betrays and turns to the dark side, to mirror Luke turning him to the light
>>
File: 1448536362937.jpg (42KB, 448x449px) Image search: [Google]
1448536362937.jpg
42KB, 448x449px
If you've seen it more than once, what are some things you noticed on your followup viewings?

>Yoda can be heard talking during the vision scene
>Spider walkers on Starkiller
>Star Destroyer shadows in the distance when it transitions to Starkiller establishing shots
>Nien Nunb didn't die
>>
>>78300595
Some of those were in the holiday special or also barely seen. The VD doesn't even have all the aliens from TFA.
>>
>>78300879
>Spider walkers on Starkiller
>Nien Nunb didn't die
I noticed these first time. I didn't notice Yoda and Obi-wan's voices in the flashback though.
>>
>>78300595
Momaw and the smiling lizard things always stood out to me the most. And I had a card of BoSheck from that old card game. My first pilot.

>>78300715
Scary or not, I miss him.
>>
>>78300715
He gets cut out in later editions
>>
>>78300879
When Luke puts his hand on R2, there's a soundbite of him shouting "NO" taken from Empire.
>>
>>78300879
The spider walkers were pretty easy to notice. I hope we'll see them in action next time.
>>
So I was watching TPM again in the marathon and what the fuck were those skeleton aliens in the crowd. I literally never noticed them before. Looked like someone stuck Grim Fandango characters in the game
>>
>>78298549
>>78298565
What if they aren't related at all, and she actually led him to the dark side just like Revan led Malak? Then she got captured and mindwiped and he thought she was dead or something. His hesitation to kill her is his love for her coming back, the only good left in him despite her turning him to darkness. Over the course of the trilogy he progressively starts to go back to the light and she falls back to the dark, culminating in a very Shakespearean final duel.
>>
How often do Chromium Cards in Galaxy Of Hereos drop actual characters? I've bought 2 so far and both were shards.
>>
File: 1450483810153.gif (1006KB, 500x233px) Image search: [Google]
1450483810153.gif
1006KB, 500x233px
>>78297535
Truly the hero every mook in every movie deserved.
>>
>>78301136
He doesn't seem very familiar with her
>>
Anyone have scans of the art book?
>>
File: image.jpg (37KB, 300x295px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 300x295px
>>78297917
Civil war.
The jungle book trailer with Kaarlett johansen got a solid reaction from my dick.
>>
>>78301180
Not in the movie, but in the book more so. He says "It is you" when she gets the lightsaber before their duel.

Also some hints that it may have been Kylo that left Rey on Jakku.
>>
>>78300879
Han, Leia and Kylo all act like they know something Rey doesn't whenever she's around.
Particularly Han in Maz's planet
>>
>>78301170
If his EU name isn't gonna be Trey Tor, this will all be a waste.
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 1334x750px
>>78298511
>we shall make an entire plane into a superweapon!
>>
>>78301170
I really should buy his figure soon before prices are jacked up
>>
File: 1443157291781.jpg (53KB, 741x533px) Image search: [Google]
1443157291781.jpg
53KB, 741x533px
>>78297309

I approve of this edition.
>>
>>78301164

I've bought five and only one didn't give me a character. Oddly it always gave me a character I was already working on getting with shards.
>>
>>78301164
So far i've only bought one. Got Ahoka from it.
>>
Will Kylo be redeemed?

Should he be redeemed?
>>
>the traitor trooper is the new epic maymay

i don't understand
>>
>>78301269
>>78301277
Ah, I've got shit luck then
>>
>>78301164
I've been saving for the multi pulls. Out of everything it gave, I only got one full unlock (Ventress). Trying to horde more so I can try for Kylo.
>>
>>78301288
Fuck no. He killed his own dad because a taller version of the emperor told him too.

Though I wonder if Snoke is actually that huge, or if it was just a very big projection of him
>>
>>78301288
I'll be really upset if he does, because then he's just Vader 2.0.

But I don't think so, because when faced with a Vader-esqe decision with Han, he chooses the dark side
>>
>>78301288
Nah, Hux and Phasma should though.
>>
If The Supreme Leader was a drink he'd be Snoke-a Cola
>>
>>78301288
I think so and eh
>>
>>78300471
It hurts because its true
>>
File: too silly.jpg (40KB, 300x207px) Image search: [Google]
too silly.jpg
40KB, 300x207px
>>78301322
>he's actually larger
>>
>>78301291
Are you shitting me?
That guy went to town on Finn's ass.
>>
>>78301322
Pretty sure its just a big projection senpai.

Tbh I wouldn't be surprised if he's Yoda sized.
>>
File: image.png (25KB, 210x267px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
25KB, 210x267px
>>78298565
>half sister
>not cousin
Do you even cinematography? Far more focus was put on a connection to Luke and then his friends and family. Han and Leia didn't mention her, and in context, that's either damning of Kylo/Rey sibling-hood or JJ going full Lucas in terms of dialogue, which he avoided fine for the rest of the movie. It's more /poetic/ if they're cousins too, think about it.
>Luke's daughter fights against Leia's son
>siblings kids are on opposite sides, just like how Luke and Leia were in opposite worlds when they were separated
>they aren't so close though that there's a feeling of guilt over being rivals
>and the best part: No low-end EU material getting into a movie. As if Pablo would allow it.
Search your feelings. You know it to be true.
>>
>>78300664
It's a retcon. The Cathar were created later, someone saw this cat dude from the Holiday Special and decided "may as well make him Cathar"
>>
>>78301368
you can always write/draw something that suits your needs yourself

but yeah it's dumb if it'll be the case, Christie's appeal largely comes from the fact that she's flat and a head taller than most people
>>
File: take the knot.jpg (16KB, 404x385px) Image search: [Google]
take the knot.jpg
16KB, 404x385px
>>78300715
Would you?
Just kidding, you don't have a choice.
>>
>>78300696
Presumably they have a brother who is the father of Korkie, since his last name is also Kryze.
>>
File: 5C.jpg (270KB, 1600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
5C.jpg
270KB, 1600x1066px
>The Resistance almost had a weapon that could smash into a planet through its shields and deploy ships from within
>>
REY IS PALPATINE'S DAUGHTER.
>>
>>78301474
>It's called a Warhammer

I know it's a common item, but given the massive escalation we've seen so far with the superweapons it is quite fitting.
>>
>>78301410
According to the production crew he's supposed to be seven feet tall
>>
>>78301288
Now see the thing about Kylo is that from what we can gather from the info we have on him, he is a sympathetic antagonist, he did a horrific thing, but I honestly do believe that it could've been avoided if Leia and Han had just helped him more instead of shipping him off.
>>
Is Ultimate Star Wars the Visual Dictionary equivalent for the rest of the series?
>>
glib facsimile
>>
>>78301475
She'd have to be 30, dude.
>>
>>78301475
Tbh that'd be better than the super obvious she's Luke's daughter.

But let's be real, she's Luke's daughter and he's gonna have a "I'am your father" scene.

Search your pottery, you know it to be true.
>>
>>78301216
How's the novelization? Anything good that was left out of the film?
>>
>>78301474
That made it to the call sheets. Sad it didn't happen.
>>
>>78301546
More or less. It goes right up to the start of Rebels season 1, so not much info on stuff that's been in books or comics since then.
>>
>>78301550
/tv/ pls go

>>78301528
Source?
>>
>>78301546
No, there are other visual dictionaries out there. The OT got one, and each of the prequels had one.

They're just full of stuff that isn't canon anymore since they reference a lot of EU stuff. So in a way, Ultimate Star Wars is the closest the other movies have to a visual dictionary that's in line with the new canon.
>>
>>78301560
>Implying sheev's force ghost can't impregnate someone
>>
>>78301475
>palpatine's daughter
>30 years since RotJ
>barely in her twenties AT MOST

k then
>>
>>78301598
http://www.people.com/article/star-wars-force-awakens-adam-driver-gwendoline-christie-domhnall-gleeson
>But Neal Scanlan, chief of creature and droid effects, told PEOPLE, "This character is much better executed as a CGI character. That's just a practical reality when he's 7-foot-something tall; he's very, very thin."
>>
File: 1446884491522.gif (3MB, 350x262px) Image search: [Google]
1446884491522.gif
3MB, 350x262px
>>78300526
Toppest kek.
>>
>>78301576
I don't have it myself. Just been reading forum posts of people who do have it.

>Most important parts: Kylo Ren definitely knows who Rey is. And it was implied that he didn't want to kill her, even surprised that she attacked him first.

>When he first heard of the girl, he snapped like in the movie, but it was is implied there was more to the story. When he found she was "just" a scavenger, he seemed dissapointed but still interested since she has a strong affinity to the Force.

>However, in their duel, when she snags the lightsaber from him, he says: "It is you".

>Their encounter also ended when Hux came and dragged him onboard a shuttle.

>Snoke also knows who Rey is. He even told Kylo he sensed that he had compassion for her.

>During Reys interrogation it was kind of implied that Kylo hit a wall in her mind, before she managed to turn it around and enter his.

>During a Leia/Han-scene, Leia said that Snoke had followed Kylo since he was a small boy, whispering in his ear and Leia had tried to shield him from Snokes influence.

>She heard mechanical breathing (Anakin) and it was implied she saw Luke and Anakins duel on Bespin, 7 people on a battlefield, more lightsaber-battles before she saw the future again (encounter with Kylo Ren). This also stood out:

>"Then behind her, another voice. That voice. "Stay here, I'll come back for you.""
>>
Did Zuckuss and 4-LOM show up in CW? I recall seeing all the other hunters from ep V, even Dengar, but not those two.
>>
>>78297796
You must have got memory problems because taking a blast from a bowcaster fighting an ex stormtrooper and finally having a fight with a scavenger who had to live alone in a waste land.

If anything it took a lot to finally get him to stay down. At full strength I'm sure he would have cut her head clean off.
>>
>>78301782
IG-88 didn't show up either, just a bunch of prototypes.
>>
>>78300879
Rey's attacks with the lightsaber are more stabs than swings as if it were her staff.
>>
>>78301861
>At full strength I'm sure he would have cut her head clean off
Exactly. It was very clear that he was fighting in a weakened state.
>>
Are people forgetting that Snoke told Ren to bring Rey to him?
>>
You know what I would love to see?
A video where Freddie Prinz Jr. and Mark Hamill just hang out and maybe talk Star Wars. Of the old cast Mark seems to enjoy it the most.
>>
>>78301904
Because Star Wars is right up Hamil's nerdy alley anyway, even if he wasn't a big part of it himself. He grew up reading comics and sci-fi in the 50s and 60s.
>>
>>78301253
>crashing this planet with no survivors
>>
>>78301904

It always hurts my soul a little bit how everyone involved in Star Wars seems to not be so fond of it

It's why I love Daniels, Baker and Mayhew so much. So if those three don't like Star Wars nobody tell me.
>>
File: galaxy of heroes.jpg (416KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
galaxy of heroes.jpg
416KB, 1920x1080px
So what are your Squad Arena ranks in Galaxy of Heroes?

3275 here.
>>
>>78302011
>It's why I love Daniels, Baker and Mayhew so much.
Well, actually-
>So if those three don't like Star Wars nobody tell me.
Oh. Shutting up then.
>>
>>78302046

anon pls they've been in all 7 they can't not like it ;__; (at least the droids have)
>>
>>78302020

I broke 1600 at my highest but I got a promotion at work and have been working more and by the time I get off I'm always knocked way down.
>>
>>78302011
Mayhew is a fan. Daniels and Baker are just in it for the money.

Daniels is actually kind of a dick, too.
>>
>>78302020
454 here
>>
Hang on, does the "there has been an awakening" happen before or after Rey touches the lightsaber?
>>
>>78302076
They don't still shove a (now elderly) dwarf into R2-D2 just for nostalgia's sake, do they?
>>
>>78302076
Baker's actually only been in five. He wasn't in ROTS but they gave him credit anyway.

In TFA he was a "consultant" for Artoo but didn't play him there, either.
>>
>>78302020
> Han face
> "I guess those two guys are fighting. Not really concerned though."
> Leia face
> "I'm already dead inside."
>>
>>78297379
Five bucks says Rey is Luke's daughter.
>>
>>78302141
Before. The Force itself is stirring. It doesn't specifically relate to Rey.
>>
>>78302111
Daniels might be a bit of a dick but he does love the character of C-3PO and that's why he always plays him in whatever media there is. Unlike some actors, he DOESN'T charge too much and that's why they don't get someone else to do it.
>>
>>78302141
It's said in Snoke's first scene well before that.
>>
File: snek.jpg (122KB, 845x608px) Image search: [Google]
snek.jpg
122KB, 845x608px
>>
So what's that Galaxy of Heroes game?

I can buy and play KOTOR on my phone. what a world.

i shouldn't though right? cause yeah it was a long time ago I played it but i don't think it's a mobile experience
>>
>>78302320
Galaxy of Heroes is a free to play turn based game where you collect star wars characters and rank them up.

it's fun, but don't buy anything because you get a bunch of shit to start off with
>>
>>78302020

I'm not all that big on it. Just play for tokens to buy stuff.
>>
>>78302311

Damn I wish Snoke was my master. If Obi-Wan talked to Anakin like that he probably never would have fallen.
>>
File: ithorian_softy.jpg (46KB, 350x480px) Image search: [Google]
ithorian_softy.jpg
46KB, 350x480px
>>78297731
>>
>>78302155
>Stormtrooper
>Shit, should I help Lord Vader? No, he'd probably choke me for getting in the way.
>Then again, he might expect me to help him, the he'll get angry that I just stood there and did nothing here, and choke me anyway. Man, he's a puzzle that guy.
>>
>>78302141
> Snoke somehow manages to make the force sort of dormant for a while, expanding on how Palpatine weakened the jedi and trouble their visions in his time.
> Hence why the jedi academy get slaughtered that easily.
> Hence why Luke go in exile.
> The force can only be awaken as a new jedi appeared.
Time for purposely making shit up and pretending it's speculation again!
>>
So I was never actually keeping up with the MSW "leaks" -- how much of it was actually right?
>>
File: Poe and Finn.jpg (75KB, 790x615px) Image search: [Google]
Poe and Finn.jpg
75KB, 790x615px
Finn confirmed Kyle Katarn
>Starts out as a stormtrooper
>Defects to the good guys
>Oh shit I actually had force powers the whole time.

Rey is a force baby
>Snoke is somehow Plagueis
>He succeeded in creating a force child
>He wants to brainwash his creation.

Watch Poe be force sensitive somehow.

>tfw no Finn Poe space adventures across the galaxy.
>>
Thinking about getting TFA Visual Dictionary and Ultimate Star Wars. They're both on sale right now. Anybody have them? Opinions? Also curious about the art book
>>
>>78302531
Depends. In the last 7-8 months they ended up getting a fairly complete layout of the movie, but people saying "MSW was 100% right!" forget that MSW also reported a lot of shit that was flat-out wrong before then (and up through that time). Not just his speculations, but stuff he said came from insiders.

For example, a year ago he reported that Hutts would be in the movie, based on having seen concept art of Leia talking to them, and also his insider within the production confirmed it because he had seen the Hutt puppets being built.
>>
glib facsimile
>>
File: Shara_Bey_Profile.png (244KB, 294x444px) Image search: [Google]
Shara_Bey_Profile.png
244KB, 294x444px
>>
File: star wars the morning after.jpg (29KB, 311x308px) Image search: [Google]
star wars the morning after.jpg
29KB, 311x308px
>>78302649
>>
>>78302539
Poe was born next to a force tree, so yeah, him too.
>>
>>78302539
Poe would be Corran Horn
>>
>>78302539
Finn doesn't have force powers though
>>
>>78298205
not to mention the era of classical lightsaber combat is over, the last person having decent knowledge about it being vader. so he may be powerful in the force, but as far as CQC he probably has as much training as rey. further shown by the fact that his lightsaber is a piece of shit. i'm sure the only reason he even has one is because of "muh tradition"
>>
>>78302702
Not yet.
>>
>>78302671
HNNNNNNNNNNG
>>
>>78302671
This was when Poe was conceived right?
>>
>>78302712
Luke found a bunch of Holocron's in the comics.
>>
>>78302712
Depends on what all is in Obi Wan's journal. Maybe there's a few chapters on light saber techniques
>>
>>78302742
No, Poe was already alive. She mentions him in issue 2, which is set like 17 days later.
>>
People look way too much into force awakens, it's just a superficial movie about generals, princesses and so on made for young people. It's how star wars always has been, what is the point in trying to add so much depth to everything? Wiki pages on every single character and object etc.
>>
File: The Star Wars.jpg (558KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
The Star Wars.jpg
558KB, 1920x1200px
>>78302749
In that case, Luke is the only person in the galaxy who has knowledge of the 7 lightsaber styles.

Prequel combat makes sense - entire cultures of force sensitives who've developed centuries of fighting styles.

Original Trilogy - Only Ben, Vader and Palpatine understand lightsaber combat.

Sequel Trilogy - slow resurgence of knowledge. The combat was a fusion of the prior styles, the fighting combat is still tense, but it has fast fluid motion.

It's like poetry, the Sequels will be between the Prequels and the Originals in terms of everything - it rhymes.
>>
>>78302531
>hand gripping lightsaber tumbling through space and lands on Jakku
>the lightsaber is the mcguffin
>Hux is Luke's son undercover on Starkiller
>Resistance has a superweapon
>Yavin IV

Some parts may have been true at at some point in production, but obviously weren't in the final version.
>>
File: 1391731714159.jpg (6KB, 194x212px) Image search: [Google]
1391731714159.jpg
6KB, 194x212px
>>78302839

Rey using form VII
>>
File: stormie.jpg (294KB, 990x1484px) Image search: [Google]
stormie.jpg
294KB, 990x1484px
Is this the Warboy Trooper?
>>
>>78302954
Gwen is
CUTE
U
T
E
>>
>>78297415
>Hearing the force talked about so matter of factly is a bit disjointing.

Why wouldn't Han talk about it that way... one of his best friends is a Jedi, his wife is force-sensitive, and so is his son.
>>
>>78302954
Fun fact, that's actually a life-sized trooper model she's holding
>>
File: tumblr_nypynx7CZ51uhzlz8o1_500.png (210KB, 500x394px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nypynx7CZ51uhzlz8o1_500.png
210KB, 500x394px
Why are Ahsoka's lips so great? They're literally created for blowjobs.
>>
>>78301288
I feel like he needs to be redeemed to not make Han's death meaningless. Han believed in his son and he sacrificed himself because he thought there was still good in him. He knew there was a chance he would die, but he did it anyway because he truly loved his son.
If Kylo just stays evil and dies as a villain, Han would have been wrong and his decision would look foolish to us. But if Kylo turns to the light and actually becomes a hero, it's a huge win for Han because he was right, just like Luke was right about Vader.

And the people who think redeeming Kylo would be too much like redeeming Vader clearly haven't seen a well executed heel-face turn yet. There are many ways to turn a bad guy good without him having to sacrifice himself in the final scenes of the third movie. Kylo could for example become an anti hero who hates himself and Snoke for killing his father and redeem himself by taking down the people who manipulated him the whole time. We've never seen a real anti hero in Star Wars before. Someone like Driver could easily pull that off.
>>
>>78301288
He's obviously Zuko 2.0. He'll be part of the Good guy gaang by Episode 9.
>>
>>78303041
>>78303061

I think this is how it'll go as well.

But his rematch with Rey will have to come.
>>
>>78301338
It was a remix of Vader killing Obi-Wan in ANH....
>>
>>78303015
Would you still think that if you saw her in live action?
>>
>>78303094
Almost certainly.
>>
>>78302954

Goddamn she's so ugly
>>
>>78303015
It's really a shame that there aren't more images of her sucking dick.
>>
>>78303125
at least she's not Driver
>>
File: Shaak_Ti.jpg (48KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
Shaak_Ti.jpg
48KB, 500x700px
>>78303094
Sure
>>
Is Rey a Skywalker, or a creation of Darth Plagueis aka Snoke? He can create life and cheat death, and that would explain why she's so powerful?
>>
>>78303015
Negro lips, she looks like one of those African people.
>>
>>78303041
>he sacrificed himself

No, Obi-Wan sacrificed himself. Han got punked like a fool.

Nothing left for Ren but his head on a pike.
>>
>>78303212
Neither, she's the daughter of Count Dooku, who had his sperm frozen, decades later Mara Jade found the container for it in the Emperor's old archives and mistaking it for a dildo, warmed it up and used it on herself.

9 months later, Rey.
>>
>>78297309
So is it true TFA is just IV with better effects and names changed?
>>
Just finished watching the OT with my friend and his dad who saw the OT in theaters in the 80s. Yub Nub is the most awkward fucking scene to watch with someone else. I also tried to not get kind of emotional seeing Vader dying and then seeing Luke burning his body knowing what happens in TFA.

Tomorrow we're going to all go see TFA. I can't wait to see his reactions to Kylo being Han's son, Luke fucking up and not making the new Jedi, and Vader's redemption being misinterpreted.

Also I just thought of something. What do you guys think Kylo's thoughts on Anakin during the Clone Wars are? Do you think he pities him since he wasn't yet willing to give into his anger and kill Dooku (therefore ending the war) the many times he encountered him in TCW? I bet he sees the Clone Wars as the Jedi just prolonging the war more and more because of their weird morality and further making the galaxy more and more chaotic while holding Anakin back. Then the final nail in the coffin for him is probably when Obi Wan cut Anakin's limbs off and burned him in Episode 3. You could easily misinterpret that as the Jedi being complete fuck ups who hold people back, turn on their own, and were so incompetent that they let the Clone Wars go on and on and on.
>>
>>78303270
More or less. There's a few elements that don't align perfectly and some stuff taken from ESB and ROTJ, but for the most part it's the same story as ANH.
>>
Watching the movie, i felt that Ray ended up taking Finns place as main protag jedi. The movie starts off as finns story but immediately dumps him after they meet Han. Really jarring.
>>
>>78303270

No. It's got plot similarities but the characters and details are very different.

Also it's fun, go see it.
>>
>>78303041
>>78303251
>>78303081
Kylo/Ben and Rey will swap roles in part two.

Ben struggles with being evil and it was more or less outright stated that he is trying to be evil not for lack of caring but because he cares too much, if he's evil he doesn't have to feel the pain of weakness or guilt or fear.

Rey is too headstrong, and the way she fought after "feeling the force" was mostly reminiscent of Luke in Jedi when he goes apeshit and just smashes through Vader's defense like a wild animal.
>>
File: Finn.jpg (25KB, 938x528px) Image search: [Google]
Finn.jpg
25KB, 938x528px
>>78303312
Rey was always going to be the main character.

Finn is mainly the secondary character. Still a toss up about him being a Jedi or not, but it's still possible.
>>
>>78303270
Similar beats, but not 1:1

Ep IV was about destroying the Death Star. Ep VII is not about destroying Starkiller.
>>
Anyone else feel like Han and Leia's emotions over Kylo fell extremely flat because we missed 30 years an Kylo's entire life.

We hear them talk about shit but never actually had the chance to become invested. So when Han is whining about wanting his son back I don't FEEL it because I've only known his son as a prick and never known Han as a father.
>>
>>78303343
>Rey is too headstrong, and the way she fought after "feeling the force" was mostly reminiscent of Luke in Jedi when he goes apeshit and just smashes through Vader's defense like a wild animal.

Better not teach her Form VII then.
>>
>>78298511
>>78298397
>Sir, instead of hollowing out our home base planet and putting in a death ray that sucks up nearby suns, maybe we could invest in some better armour for the troopers?

>Like, you know these helmets don't even protect use from poisonous gas
>>
>>78303270
I'll be honest, this is one of the things that disappoints me about this film. It does feel very strongly like a reimagining rather than trying to advance the plot of the Star Wars universe. Too much playing safe by executives.
>>
>>78303275
Kylo wants to be strong, strong has Vader. Regardless of how much of Anakin's history he knows, I think he views Anakin's 'rise' to the dark side as when he was his strongest.

Kylo is obviously going through some inner turmoil, and he probably sees Vader's experience has his solution.
>>
>>78303312
Funny, I expected it to be Ray's movie and was surprise to find it was almost Finn's movie.
>>
The more I hear about the Star Wars EU with lightsaber forms and shit the more I think its retarded.
>>
>>78303359
Show don't tell. I don't buy Ren being conflicted at all because of this.

Why the fuck would he still be, after cosplaying as a Sith and doing all sorts of bad shit for many years?
>>
>Poe's X-Wing is either sold out or being sold for a premium on Amazon

Damn
>>
>>78303270

>Droid is given vital info to the resistance by rebel figure
>Droid ends up in hands of desert planet native
>Both end up with an old mentor
>Taken to a cantina
>Bad guys have a planet destroying weapon
>Insider info shows the good guys that they can use their X-Wings to manipulate a small weakness in the weapon
>Han, Chewie and main character infiltrate weapon to rescue girl lead
>Villains kills old mentor in front of main characters

AM I DESCRIBING A NEW HOPE OR THE FORCE AWAKENS?
>>
>>78303251
Han sacrificed himself by confronting his son, knowing that Ren could kill him. Han could've easily avoided this situation by not going after him, but he did it anyway, because he loved Ben. This scene made Han Solo arguably the biggest hero in the saga. Obi Wan, Luke, Rey... they could always live through the force and Obi Wan knew that when he confronted Vader in ANH, but Han can't use the force. He can never come back again, but he still made the brave decision to try to get his son back. I think any loving father would've done the same, which is why this scene is so powerful. It was the perfect end to Han's character arc and it will be remembered as one of the greatest scenes in the saga.
>>
>>78303433

Lego?
>>
>>78303449

>Implying Han really is dead.

Didn't see a body. Nope. Not dead.

(I'm kidding, if they brought him back it would be an even bigger cop out than Maul.
>>
>>78303459
Yeah
>>
>>
Why didn't any of the ledges in Starkiller base have any kind of guardrails?

The Empire has no OSSHA compliance
>>
>>78303354
>Ep VII is not about destroying Starkiller.
Which is why even including it was bizarre. Even the characters don't seem all that concerned about it, it apparently destroyed the Republic capital and several other inhabited worlds and killed billions but the response from everyone is just "wow, that's bad, I guess we should stop it." All the Starkiller plot does is detract from the search for Luke, which until then had been the main plot. The movie tries to then have both plots running at the same time and it just weakens them both: we get a Super Death Star plot that's not well introduced and feels completely secondary, and we get a Search for Luke plot that goes by the wayside in the third act only to get suddenly picked up again at the end and very quickly wrapped up.
>>
>>78303432

That's exactly my problem. We had this 30 year skip and we're just expected to take everything at face value. But the pacing is so ridiculously fast I don't feel like I ever got a chance to get acclimated to everything going on.

There feels like there's an entire movie missing inbetween.

I think once VIII comes out and we get more backstory it will improve VII by proxy by a ton.
>>
>>78303487

Gonna have to wait until after Christmas probably. Lego gets really scarce around this time. But everything comes back in stock fairly quickly after the new year.
>>
File: Anakin.jpg (83KB, 450x247px) Image search: [Google]
Anakin.jpg
83KB, 450x247px
>>78303366
That itself is reminiscent of Anakin's fighting style.

Anakin is canonically the most aggressive duelist in the Prequel Era.

His Form V - Djem So, is aggressive as shit. The fucker is relentless.
>>
>>78303449
Love makes you blind and foolish.

It was pitiful. The dad in Independence Day had a better sendoff.
>>
i know i SHOULDN'T spend the money on a lego Kylo's ship but.....
>>
>>78297696
>Azula
>psychotic

Please, this guy was being a dick over his daddy issues when Han was trying to reach out to him.
>>
>>78303565
Oh for fuck's sake, keep your shit out of this thread
>>
>>78303485
>JJ: Hey, Harrison, I want you to come back as Han Solo for Episode VII
>Ford: Only if you kill my character off.
>JJ: Sure.
>Ford: And don't just imply it, I want the audience to accept his death immediately
>JJ: Alright, we'll not just stab him in the chest, but also let him fall to his doom.
>Ford: I want you to destroy the entire planet too, just to be sure
>JJ: Okay...
>>
>>78303510
Fucking Sith ideology of culling the weak: if you can't be vigilant enough to avoid falling to your death, you aren't worthy of serving them.
>>
>>78303433
Seems to still be easy to get here, but then I live in yurop and not even in a particularly prosperous country.
>>
>>78303449

Honestly I feel like it made him the biggest chump because it was so obvious what was coming. It did more for Kylo than it did for Han.

Really Han looks pathetic throughout the whole thing. He doesn't go out on top as the great hero and general he was in the OT. He has a son who they pawn off on Luke because they don't know how to be parents and then he runs away from his problems for decades acting like a child again until his son finally kills him for being a shitty father.
>>
File: Abandon the Fucking Thread Boys.gif (1006KB, 240x182px) Image search: [Google]
Abandon the Fucking Thread Boys.gif
1006KB, 240x182px
>>78303565
>reads comment
Huh, I wonder who would mention Azu-
>Sees THAT trip

NOPE.
>>
>>78303543
Get the FO transporter instead, it's more fun to build and play with.
>>
>>78303565
Fuck off Scrapper, we don't need your autism in this thread, we already have enough as it is from our own anons, we don't need your special brand as well.
>>
>>78303565
Azula was a boring character
>>
>>78303543
>>78303433

I have both. They're both fucking awesome too. Outside of the Falcon they're definitely the standouts from TFA LEGO sets.
>>
File: 1449688108690.gif (1MB, 268x274px) Image search: [Google]
1449688108690.gif
1MB, 268x274px
>Lego Takodana is a fucking wall with Kylo and troopers
>not a dope castle bar full of mobsters

boo
>>
>>78303512

That is the biggest issue with the movie with me, that apparently the foundation of the galactic government (the Senate) has been destroyed and nobody seems to really care all that much. In a movie that otherwise does a good job of ramping up tension when it needs to, destroying Hosnian was a huge flatline, which makes me wonder why it was even in the movie other than as a ANH reference.
>>
>>78303656
But it has the riot guy!
>>
>>78303512
Yeah, attacking a FO base to get an additional third part of the map and getting Ray back (because she could give the FO the last part they need) could have been enough.
Now the New Republic HAVE to react in the next movie, or dare I say Strikes Back.
>>
>>78303623

She was far more interesting than Zuko because we all knew Zuko was eventually going to become good, like I predict this chap in Star Wars will turn good by the end of the series.
>>
>>78303656
>Lego Takodana

Holy shit why is it $60 it comes with nothing
>>
>>78303675
You mean T8-8R
>>
>>78303656
>If you want Kylo it's either buy that or spend another 30-40 bucks for his shuttle
>>
>guy claiming to be a Lucasfilm canon consultant starts an Ask Me Anything thread
>starts getting called on his answers
>breaks down and goes full "I-I WAS JUST TROLLING YOU" as he gets laughed at
What a thread that was
>>
>>78303686
Kylo seems to jack the price of any set by 30
>>
>>78303686
Because Lego knows it can get thousands of idiots to buy it, especially with Christmas right fucking there.
>>
File: tater.jpg (50KB, 625x469px) Image search: [Google]
tater.jpg
50KB, 625x469px
>>78303697
>tater
>>
File: Starkiller.png (556KB, 520x731px) Image search: [Google]
Starkiller.png
556KB, 520x731px
>>78303668
That's true. It's been 30 years after the Empire collapsed.

Where the FUCK was the provisional government? The fucking New Republic?

You think there would be an entire official fleet fighting back against the First Order

Not a fucking ragtag "Resistance" movement.
>>
>>78303683
Iroh, let alone Sokka, were better characters than both of them so who cares. Go back to your waifu thread or something.

>>78303697
You mean Warboy
>>
>>78303392
It's certainly very safe, but it was more about setting up the new status quo. VIII and IX should be a lot more interesting.
>>
File: 1448662535721.jpg (33KB, 415x387px) Image search: [Google]
1448662535721.jpg
33KB, 415x387px
>>78303700
>Lucasfilm canon consultant
>>
File: 1421776921554-0.jpg (85KB, 488x750px) Image search: [Google]
1421776921554-0.jpg
85KB, 488x750px
>>78300549
>Ewan as force ghost Obi-wan
>implying it will be Ewan
>implying it won't be Alec
>http://www.gizmag.com/disney-facedirector/40904/
POST YOUR FUCKING FACE WHEN AT SOME POINT IN EPISODE 8 REY HEARS OBI WAN (voiced by Ewan's dad or something) THEN TURNS AROUND TO SEE A FORCE GHOST OF SIR ALEC GUINNESS
>>
>>78303686
lots of dark tan and nougat pieces which are pretty useful
>>
>>78303698
>>78303721

It also actually has Kylo's ugly mug. I have Kylo's shuttle and it comes with a masked head that allows him to wear the hood and then an actual mask piece that's a helmet.
>>
>>78303700
One guy asked him about something Pablo said, the "consultant" gave a vague "oh yeah I know about it but no specifics" answer and then the guy revealed Pablo never said that at all. I think that's when he broke down.
>>
>>78303518
>We learn that there used to be people called Jedi and we're just expected to take everything at face value.
>4chan in 1977
>>
File: 20151219_211621.jpg (887KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20151219_211621.jpg
887KB, 2048x1152px
>star wars legos

now we're talking
>>
>>78303735
It's explained in Aftermath, plus Hux's speech before the Starkiller is used.

Mon Mothma didn't want another army. She felt armies only led to violence eventually. So when the First Order rises, the New Republic must support the Resistance in secret, pretending they are not there. And yet, they were society's only defense. Kind of a dark message; "violence is needed".
>>
>>78303735
>Where the FUCK was the provisional government? The fucking New Republic?

The chancellor didn't care about the FO as long as they stayed in their borders and didn't violate the treaty. He fucked up

>You think there would be an entire official fleet fighting back against the First Order

There was a fleet, but nowhere near as large as the Republic fleet during the Clone Wars, and again they did nothing because they didn't see the FO as a threat. Leia did and went off to create the Resistance. She asked the NR for help but they didn't want to get into another war.

Now they ded.
>>
>>78303700
That was a GOAT thread. So glad I happened to be around for the whole ride.

And I'm not ashamed to admit I believed him at first. It started as a solid ruse, but he didn't have enough of a long-term plan and it fell apart FAST.
>>
>>78303795
I really REALLY want this

>It's £200
>>
>>78303735
Apparently, Leia's organized the Resistance because the New Republic isn't doing enough themselves. The NR backs the Resistance to a degree but the Resistance is mostly on their own.

It would've been nice if this had been mentioned anywhere in the movie instead of needing to look at the visual dictionary.
>>
File: 2015-12-17 12.39.01.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-17 12.39.01.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>78303795

Here's mine. Not pictured us Kylo's shuttle and the final duel with Vader, Palps and Luke
>>
>>78303589
It was obvious, but it was still perfect for Han as a character. He was introduced to us as a selfish scoundrel and Leia literally said that he doesn't care about anything... or anyone. Now he finally cared about someone, even more than he cared about himself. Becoming a loving father and sacrificing himself like that "old fool" did was amazing and showed us Han's character development better than any other scene before.
>>
>>78303854
jealous of your FO Tie
>>
>>78303782
It was a combination of that, people pointing out that some of his answers completely contradicted shit we had known for years (like Lucas neither coming up with the tier system nor ever using it himself) and people going "so if you don't know anything just what DO you do Mr Bigshot Canon Guy" and his increasing attempts to downplay his "job" at Lucasfilm.

Then he just snaps and starts acting like a /b/tard and pretending he got us all good.
>>
>>78303795
I was really disappointed that Lego Phasma has no face while generic stormies do
>>
File: Maz_Kanata.png (2MB, 1121x1533px) Image search: [Google]
Maz_Kanata.png
2MB, 1121x1533px
So what the fuck is her deal? Is she gonna be the new Yoda or something?
>>
>>78303763
I'd honestly be hyped to see ghost Hayden. Give the man a chance to redeem himself with a better script and direction.

Also clone Hayden because why not. Better than a wannabe Anakin. Say he was cloned from the arm Dooku chopped off which was refrigerated for decades.
>>
File: New Republic Defense.jpg (352KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
New Republic Defense.jpg
352KB, 1600x900px
>>78303833
>>78303818
>>78303810
Ah, so the New Republic are a bunch of jobbers.

Great, I don't know what to feel about that.
>>
>>78303833
This

Again, I like this movie, but I just wish they didn't play it so safe and just had a moment where they're discussing the politics or whatever of the new universe.
>>
File: 6101047621861[1].jpg (33KB, 470x470px) Image search: [Google]
6101047621861[1].jpg
33KB, 470x470px
Unmasked Kylo Elite looks like Louis from Even Stevens
>>
>>78303892
He also claimed to have not read one of the books that he's a canon consultant for. What a shame, with just a little bit of planning, he could've had us going a lot longer.
>>
>>78303906
May as well call her Plotte De-Vice
>>
>>78303739
>Iroh
>Anything more than the wise Mary Stu

Also Sokka had little to no development and was kept around for comedic relief and to show normals could be just as good as benders which is bullshit.
>>
>>78301288
I want Kylo to kill Snoke and become the big bad. The only time apprentice has become master has happened off screen so far and I want to see it happen in this trilogy.
>>
>>78303912
why would they discuss the politics when they didnt mean anything to the movie?

8 is going to be the politics one, based on Del Toros character
>>
>>78303907
As contrived as it may seem, it also keeps Vader in the picture other than muh grandpa's legacy. Seeing as all six previous movies had him in it in person.
>>
File: tumblr_nxobahaz961sn6lh9o3_1280.png (326KB, 846x471px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxobahaz961sn6lh9o3_1280.png
326KB, 846x471px
>>78303922
UPDATE THE WOOK
>>
>>78303963
did an Iroh cosplayer hurt you or your waifu
>>
>>78303907
Speaking of Anakin, when are we to believe he learned how to Force Ghost?
>>
>>78303972
>wanting MORE vader

fuck off pleb
>>
>>78303996

Qui-Gon that motherfucker was playing the field.
>>
>>78303996
Between death and the ending.
>>
>>78303983

No I just think it's bullshit he played favorites when Azula needed just as much help as Zuko did. Similar to how Kylo needs his family more than ever.
>>
File: WhiteVader.jpg (100KB, 437x1133px) Image search: [Google]
WhiteVader.jpg
100KB, 437x1133px
>>78303907
>>78303972
Do this but keep him good
>>
Please don't respond to Scrapper. The thread doesn't need this.
>>
>>78303965
I dunno, I just wish the whole thing wasn't playing to the beat of A New Hope. Really I feel it should have been about Kylo Ren's fall from grace or, something. Just something new and fresh. It's Star Wars, it's directed by someone who knows what he's doing, it's not too much of a risk.

Even the prequels tried new stuff, podracing, acrobatic lightsaber duels, even with all the 'poetry' it was new. Not good, but it tried to tell a new story. Here I just felt like they were doing a soft reboot.

It's nitpicking, true, but I can't help feeling a little let down.
>>
>>78302749
The holocrons from Grakkus?
Pretty sure they were destroyed/confiscated when the Empire raided Grakkus arena
>>
>>78304046
I have no clue who you are but you seem to be even more obsessed with your waifu than those weird Ahsoka anons here. Seek help.
>>
File: 1450200863671.jpg (42KB, 375x592px) Image search: [Google]
1450200863671.jpg
42KB, 375x592px
>>78303907
>>78303972
>>78304059
NO MORE VADER YOU CUNTS

NO
>>
>>78303906
She was oddly similar to Snoke. If she wasn't so damn tiny I'd think there was a connection.
>>
>>78303312
It's jarring that it turns out Finn isn't that important but Rey is established pretty early on as the Luke expy.
>>
>>78304073

Not a nitpick at all. Its the film's biggest weakness. It does nothing new and ends underwhelming because of it.
>>
>>78303906
That's obviously what she already was.

My mum liked her. She thinks Maz is the girl version of Yoda's species.
>>
>>78304073
who cares if its new if its bad
>>
File: Anakin - 1.jpg (22KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Anakin - 1.jpg
22KB, 400x400px
>>78303907
You actually want AAnikin Skywalker, to go along with Luuke Skywalker?

C'Mon pham, that would be disastrous.
>>
>>78304120
>Never try anything new just keep remaking the OT so I can live in my safe space
>>
>>78304110
>underwhelming because there wasnt an "epik new concept" or "hella cool worldbuilding"
>>
>>78304148
>the planet biomes were the same so its a ANH rehash
>>
>>78304059
>there's another guy with Luke
>pulls back hood
>it's Anakin

Theaters would erupt
>>
>>78304120
At least it *tries*

I mean, isn't that what filmmaking and art and shit is all about? Trying to push boundaries?

What I'm saying is that I'm very, very certain that if JJ did a whole new plot he could have done it well, and it would have given us new things to talk about. Make his own mark, make it stand out.

Hopefully we'll get that with VIII and IX.
>>
>>78304137
>>78304059
Say Luke rescued him from the Empire in between movies.
>>
>>78304201

Tell me you're not that delusional >>78303437

Like it's fine if you liked the movie but EVERYONE has realized that it's literally aping ANH. You can't just pretend it's not.
>>
>>78304225
>I mean, isn't that what filmmaking and art and shit is all about? Trying to push boundaries?

are you 10?
>>
>>78304120

I respect mediocre movies that are creative and ambitious over well made movies that are safe corporate blockbuster constructs
>>
>>78304225

Filmmaking is about trying to make a good movie. Which TFA was, unlike the prequels, regardless of how much "new" they did.
>>
>>78304244
its aping AMH's basic plot details as an homage while being its own story entirely, its a love letter mot laziness

so many people are hung up on the synopsis its insane, there are many more elements to a movie
>>
>>78304207
TFA is sort of like Z and ZZ Gundam

So clone Anakin would be like the Quattro
>>
File: 1444677756709.png (17KB, 210x215px) Image search: [Google]
1444677756709.png
17KB, 210x215px
>that "fite me 1v1 IRL tker" Stormtrooper
>>
File: Anakin_Skywalker_RotS.png (1MB, 819x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Anakin_Skywalker_RotS.png
1MB, 819x1024px
>>78304237
>>78304207
>>78304309

>Anakin either cloned/reincarnated through the Force
>Comes back to aid Luke and the others against Snoke/Not-Plagueis

People would either riot, commit suicide, or die of sheer shock.

This is approaching Darth Jar Jar levels of sheer "HOW THE FUCK"ery.
>>
>>78304308

The PT's pottery was an homage.

Carrying over the entire plot outline and then spending the entire movie referencing the OT for nostalgia points is weak.

When your "homages" literally hurt the movie and bring it down like Starkiller it's a problem.
>>
>>78304280
Then you're a moron.

The prequels were dogshit with some good ideas that were fleshed out well by shows and extra stories. Seperate concepts from The films that spawned them. You can like Maul and The Jedi Order while still hating The trashy films.
>>
>>78304309
Except for being shit.
>>
>>78299375

¿Qué juego es?
>>
>>78304280
Only one of the prequels was mediocre and the other two were far below that
>>
>>78304358
>The prequels were dogshit

Fuck off. The prequels were mediocre movies. Children who are used to watching capeshit and Star Wars are the only ones who think the prequels are legitimately bad movies.
>>
>>78304368
Estrella Guerras.
>>
>>78304342

You're an idiot if you think TFA follows the plot outline of ANH. Even >>78303437 had to be purposefully vague and put things out of order for it to work.
>>
>>78299759
mp3. If you want FLAC rips, ffshrine has them.
>>
>>78303527
I imagine the council used sparring sessions with Anakin as some sort of punishment for the other Padawans.
>>
>>78304337
But if this sort of thing happens in comic books we wouldn't bat an eye.
>>
>>78304342
Except they didnt detract from The film, it only made some morons grumpy.

Its the most enjoyable SW flick since Empire, and people are shitting on it because it starts with sand and ends with a superweapon.
>>
>>78304421
What do you think a plot outline is?
>>
>>78304284
So really, you just want to see the same film but with a fresh coat of paint?

I don't care if the prequels were bad, frankly it's beside the point, the point is we had an opportunity to make a new Star Wars film. One set after the Original Trilogy, to advance the story, to create a new saga, and all we ended up doing was slightly rehashing the first film. Even if it's a good film, it's something of a letdown.
>>
File: Duel on Mustafar.jpg (28KB, 700x297px) Image search: [Google]
Duel on Mustafar.jpg
28KB, 700x297px
>>78304358
Eh, the concept of the prequels was perfect.

George's execution and bad dialogue killed it though.

The lightsaber and space combat was exciting to look at though.

Episode III was starting to change the prequels for the better, but it was too little, too late.
>>
>>78304393
as a fellow enthusiast of nothing but Czech stop motion flicks I appreciate this opinoion. it resonates with me
>>
>>78304441
Theres a reason so many prefer the MCU...
>>
>>78304442

The Starkiller absolutely detracts from the film. It had no reason to even exist and completely takes the wind out of the sails after it's fire and destroys the Republic and nobody reacts.
>>
>>78304455
Except it started a new saga and continued the adventure with fresh new characters that everyone liked.

Whats the problem?
>>
File: kzXzURO.jpg (779KB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
kzXzURO.jpg
779KB, 2592x1936px
Today was a good day.
But not for my wallet.
>>
>>78304479
remember the reaction to alderaan blowing up

me neither

han, luke and leia shouldve cried every 5 minutes
>>
You know I've been a Star Wars fan for a loooong time but I don't think I've ever seen a legitimate argument from someone against the prequels. It's always just mindless hate without reasons.

At best you'll get HURR JAR JAR or dialogue/writing. Neither of which are enough to ruin an entire trilogy of movies on their own.

And don't even bring up RLM. It's literally hours of tiny nitpicks. You could do the same for the OT if you were autistic enough.
>>
File: Jedi With Sabers.jpg (49KB, 620x415px) Image search: [Google]
Jedi With Sabers.jpg
49KB, 620x415px
>>78304441
Eh, it wouldn't work with Casuals.

They're only there for the Original cast and the flashy effects.

This is why you can't make a story they're too elaborate.

It's not that their stupid - rather they go to see a movie they enjoy, not for overly-intricate plot elements and twists.
>>
>>78304337
The first six films are the Vader saga according to George. It didn't start that way but it is now.

So if he's absent the ST can't be part of that scheme any more.
>>
File: Ayy Lucas.jpg (75KB, 624x351px) Image search: [Google]
Ayy Lucas.jpg
75KB, 624x351px
>>78304435
Too bad he killed them :'(
>>
>>78304280
TFA was creative and ambitious too in some ways (making stormtroopers scarier and more realistic than they ever were, introducing new force powers, the character of Kylo Ren, etc...) and lazy in other ways (starkiller base, leaving too many things unexplained), like the prequels. They too were lazy in many ways but unlike TFA, they are actually bad movies with unlikable main characters, awfully stilted dialogue and a setting that doesn't feel real.

I think TFA gets way too much shit although it was a great movie and so much better than it actually needed to be. Some people almost seem like they are trying to hate this movie as much as possible, ignoring that every other Star Wars movie has flaws too.
>>
File: 50877.jpg (838KB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
50877.jpg
838KB, 3024x4032px
Would Leia really care that the people who speak lies about her and refuse to help her fight the FO got BTFO due to their own incompetence?
>>
It's kinda funny seeing hardcore Star Wars fanboys upset at TFA being an OT pandering rehash.

J.J. is one of THE safe Hollywood blockbuster directors. He was never going to take a chance on anything whatsoever.

Ironically you know the one who would have added to the lore and had all the autistic little world building nooks and crannies we all love? George.
>>
>>78304442
DOn't bother, these threads are filled with nothing but prequel scum that are upset that the movie didn't have Jar Jar or midichlorians or ninja Jedi, TFA is the first good Star Wars movie since 1983, in fact I consider it the ONLY Star Wars movie since 1983
>>
>>78303823
Anyone got screens or an archive link to this thread?
>>
>>78304337
Make clone Anakin not nearly as powerful as the real deal since he's just a clone.
>>
>>78304511
He is an autist who can't appreciate good movies. That's the only problem here.
>>
>>78304600
>too many things unexplained

TRILOGY
>>
>>78304207
It would make up for Han

And people would have two big things to talk about
>>
>>78304558
Are you implying the prequels were more than just flashy effects? They were incredibly shallow movies with unrelatable, boring characters.
>>
I have to say, I was very against Kylo's ship from the moment it was shown because of it's enormous wing span. After seeing it in the movie I'm liking it a bit more. Hopefully we get to see it in a small dogfight at some point.
>>
>>78304606
Yes, seeing that they were killed just like her people were, that would make her feel sympathy for them on some level. Plus there were probably some good people there in the NR Senate.
>>
>>78304710
>make up for Han
>Han spending the whole movie being great and going out like a good guy is disappointing

yeah mang, he shouldve been the star for all 3 movies! fuxkn epic idea
>>
>>78304207
>Here, I brought your saber
>Actually, that's mine
>>
>>78304730

Pretty sure it's just a shuttle. Looks more ceremonial than battle ready.
>>
>>78304742
>going out like a good guy

No, that would be like blowing up the planet himself. Ford didn't give a fuck anymore.
>>
>>78304511
It just needed to make more of it's own mark. Rather than have *another* Death Star plot.

I do like this film, I just wish it had more to it's own name.
>>
Just watched the movie. really liked it, wish that they used some more original ideas though. Felt like I'd see it before, and I think that it would have been cool that try different new and unique ideas. Also felt like there weren't any real memorable cool scenes, but it was good overall.
>>
>>78304730
I still don't like it. Really, none of the new ships we saw did it for me. Then again, there weren't that many that were honestly new.
>>
>>78304445

Yes, and the plot outline of ANH is pretty iconic. The introduction to Tatooine to the cantina to the Death Star rescue to Yavin to the trench run. And if you think TFA follows that "entire plot outline", in that order, you're a moron.
>>
>>78304787
there is more to a movie than its plot
>>
>>78304781
yeah you are 12 arent you
>>
>>78304811
It's not beat for beat, but a majority of the plot is the same, reshuffled. Just because it doesn't follow scenes in the exact same order doesn't mean it's a completely different plot.
>>
>TFA had shit sound/music, characters and plot
>Prequels had shit dialogue, acting and writing

It's a wash long live the OT
>>
Come on there is absolutely no way Kylo shouldn't have been able to defeat Rey at the end there. The guy has to be a monstrously powerful force user given that he killed all the other Jedi trainees and fucked Luke's shit up.

They are making Rey literally be the most powerful Jedi ever seen in all of Star Wars with this bs. How can she do all of this shit with literally ZERO training? Someone earlier called her Starkiller and they are correct imo, her somehow not being one of the most powerful if not the most powerful force user of all time simply would not make any sense given how naturally gifted she is with the force.
>>
Anyone who didn't like The Force Awakens can't call themselves a Star Wars fan. That's all there is to say.
>>
>>78304811

It's literally the same except the Death Star Recue and the trench run happen simultaneously in TFA.
>>
File: 1448650566824.jpg (56KB, 619x619px) Image search: [Google]
1448650566824.jpg
56KB, 619x619px
>>78304851
>implying the prequels had good plot or characters

obi, sheev annnnd???
>>
>>78304868
Thanks for your opinion. Are all of them has shallow has that one?
>>
>>78304854
>given that he killed all the other Jedi trainees

Why do people keep hanging onto this idea that Kylo wiped Luke's academy. Isn't the only thing we know that Kylo was training under Luke. We never heard about anyone else.
>>
>>78304854
Kylo was pretty fucked up. He'd tanked a hit from a bowcaster blaster and had taken an injury from his fight with Finn.

I didn't like it much either, but it wasn't complete horse shit.
>>
>>78304818
I'm not denying that the rest of the movie was good, it was good. The acting, the dialogue, the action, the camerawork. All good, but the plot was lacking I felt.

It's more than possible to like something, to even have something as your favourite movie of the year, and still be able to point out and acknowledge it's flaws and shortcomings.
>>
>>78304844
The plot is the search for Luke Skywalker. The starkiller was just there to up the stakes and to weaken the New Republic. It wasn't the main plot like the heroes trying to destroy the Death Star was in ANH.
>>
>>78304885

Qui-Gon was pretty great.

PT had great concepts in characters with poor writing/delivery.

TFA had weak characters with good acting that carried it.
>>
>>78304851
>TFA had weak characters

The fuck? The new characters are already more interesting than the old ones.
>>
>>78304918
this desu senpai
>>78304919
starkiller seemed uneccsary to me. They could have upped the stakes in a new, original way.
>>
>>78304854
Well, keep in mind that he was seriously injured and bleeding out from a shot to the stomach that would've sent anyone else flying back. It's also entirely possible she DID receive some degree of training in the past, and that she's a Skywalker. They're probably going for the mindwipe idea as others have said
>>
>>78304854
Kylo had been shot in the side with a bowcaster and stabbed at least once. He wasn't exactly in prime condition there.
>>
>>78304939
>Poe, Phasma and Hux might as well be literally WHOs
>Finn's character largely doesn't even make sense and he was just turned into a comical trope
>Rey is borderline Mary Sue
>Every returning actor phoned it in

Kylo is the only one that stands out and even then the opinion on him is heavily mixed.
>>
>>78304919
Well then find a new way to weaken the Republic, don't give your plans to a droid so they're picked up by a force-sensitive person who's related to the person they're looking for. I just feel that the movie could have been a lot better if it didn't have continual nods and homages to ANH.
>>
>>78304773
True, but it doesn't stop other ships from trying to take it out, forcing it to go into battle mode.
>>
>>78304544
I do. Obi-Wan felt it happen through the Force and literally had to sit down because of how many people died. Leia cried out "No!" in vain.

In TFA, they just look up at the exploding planets like "Oh no, the Republic is gone. Welp." and don't even really react otherwise.

I'm not saying I don't like the film(I did, a lot) but he's not wrong when he points out that they didn't rally react.

>>78304854

1. Kylo took a bowcaster shot to the side(which was shown to be able to literally throw stormtroopers earlier) and was bleeding heavily. He also was briefly hit by Finn. He wasn't in fight

2. Rey had to have some training, we know she was in the order briefly when young. Plus, she knows her way around a staff, implying she has had some combat training. It's not far fetched for her to be able to hold her own, since she's also strong in the Force.

>>78304910
They literally show Kylo and the Knights of Ren standing around a bunch of bodies and stabbing another dude while Rey watches in horror
>>
>>78304960
and also when he fights he does it in a fucking batshit insane way, just flails his lightsaber everywhere in anger.
>>
>>78304958
I hadn't thought of the mind wipe thing, that's the only thing that could make her character make sense without being overpowered.
>>
>>78305016
>(I did, a lot)

just realized that looks like I'm saying I didn't I liked the film a lot.
>>
>>78304868
>if you dislike something in this franchise you aren't a TRUFAN
And these are the same people who shit on EU fags for accepting tons of retarded shit in the EU simply because it has 'Star Wars' tacked on it.
>>
>>78304962
>Han
>phoned it in

not even gonna respond to the rest, (You)
>>
>>78304910
Han said it himself. It was also mentioned in the visual dictionary and shown in the flashback sequence. Apparently, people even call Kylo "Jedi killer".
>>
The Starkiller was lazy as fuck, but honestly the rest of the movie was good, since this was the first time a Star Wars movie has has enjoyable character interaction since Episode 6. Not to mention the action didn't feel sterile like the prequels.

Based Rian will make 8 something to remember.
>>
I hope there is no romance between Finn and Rey. I like them as just friends.
>>
>>78305115
She already friendzone'd him at the end

>Thank you, my friend

Or something like that.
>>
>>78305115
PoeXFinn for life
>>
>>78304638
Agreed. If their was one thing we can all appreciate about George, it was his desire to show us something new.

I think one of the biggest problems the Prequels/Episode 2 had was that it was clear Lucas was being pressured like hell after Episode 1 was considered "too different". There was more OT callbacks in AotC than the rest of the Prequels combined, and I think George could have made a better film if he just let his imagination run wild again.
>>
>>78305115
Don't worry, Kylo/Rey is OTP.
>>
>>78305169
yeah, gladiator ripoffs and black minstrel characters sure are new
>>
>>78305096
Uhh, what about TCW? And what about Obi-Wan and Anakin's interaction in 3 (especially the beginning scenes)

And everything with Sheev?

The prequels did have plenty of enjoyable character interactions anon.

And im not even going to humor you on the action thing. The Podrace scene, along with the final battles of Ep1 and 3 are undeniably great with incredible performances and choreography
>>
>>78305141
haha I like this one. So glad poe didn't die, was happy to see him back.
>>78305137
that gave me hope.
>>
>>78305207
So are The Dambusters and Laurence of Arabia ; )
>>
>>78305034
Yeah, that's how I feel about it. If this is all out if the blue without training then her beating Kylo is kinda bullshit.

On that note, I'm also wondering what her relation to Kylo might've been. He did seem to know her, and her vision seemed to imply he might've been the one to leave her on Jakku after his attack on Luke's Jedi.
>>
>>78305207
>Lucas is never allowed to do a gladiator scene because its been done before
>even though he was calling back to the Rancor fight in episode 6
o-ok
>>
Did anyone else find Rey's acting really strange? It was like she had to make sure everyone knew she was acting at was in 100% giving it everything mode all the time. I found it really grating, she was so shrill.
>>
>>78305169
Episode 1 was considered "too bad", not just "too different".
>>
>>78305240
Cousins is the most talked about thoery
>>
File: star-wars-episode-3.jpg (264KB, 856x482px) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-episode-3.jpg
264KB, 856x482px
>>78305223
The Episode III Final fight is fucking phenomenal.

Best fight of the 7 movies.

Come at me.
>>
>>78305247
only when she said NO it felt kind of strange, other than that I thought daisy was great
>>
>>78305245
>>Lucas is never allowed to do a gladiator scene because its been done before

I guess so, if Abrams isn't allowed to either without being "safe".
>>
>>78305267
You're not wrong.
>>
>>78301474
There almost was a superweapon plot
>>
File: WoXuUjD.jpg (191KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
WoXuUjD.jpg
191KB, 450x600px
I sure can't wait to buy this film on
>>
>>78305245
i was talking about the chariot race you fucking pleb
>>
>>78305249

Nobody hated Ep. 1 when it first came out.
>>
>>78305223
No, they didn't. The "humor" in the prequels felt forced and the dialogue felt stilted and awkward all the time. The characters in TFA speak and act like actual human beings and the humor is natural and better than in any other SW movie so far.
>>
>>78305240
Well, gramma killed kids and he wants to live up to that legacy in every way possible. Granted Anakin didn't kill his own parents, but still.

I kind of wonder if Ford just wanted out after the first movie but was willing to give Kylo some heat so fans would take him seriously? At least he'll always be the guy who killed Han, even if he jobbed to a scavenger.
>>
>>78305267
Way too long and the dialogue was fucking awful.
>>
>>78305267
Are you fucking kidding?
>>
>>78305267
can't come at you when you have the high ground
>>
>>78305302

Eh idk about natural. They turned it into a quippy Marvel flick that doesn't take anything seriously.

>Mid firefight and Han is quipping about Chewie's bowcaster
>Entire Republic was just destroyed and they're quipping about LOL ANOTHER DEATH STAR
>>
>>78305288
>literally stealing a joke from reddit

Actually hang yourself
>>
>>78305280
But, to put it in perspective;

>Starkiller base is literally just Death Star but bigger
>Gladiator scene is taking the monster fight in 6, but cranking it up, adding the twists of the Jedi reveals, the droids, Clones, turning it into a full scale battle that has the monsters rampaging around.

>Abrahms makes not-tatooine
>Lucas's new desert world is a completely different type of world, with different rocks and sand, a unique indigenous species, and its own lore explored in TCW with the queen and hive.

Difference between callbacks and pottery, and just straight up copying.
>>
>>78305335
The OT was filled with quips.
>>
>>78303094
That's the best I can do
>>
>>78305335
Just like in the OT. This is how Star Wars is supposed to be and Abrams finally brought the wit and the banter back.
>>
>>78305348
Except Jakku was entirely based around scavenging and junkyard atmosphere.
>>
>>78305302
The dialogue gets a bit stilted at times with Rey. But Poe and Finn did seem to actually like each other. I wouldn't mind watching a half hour of the two of them in a tie fighter shooting at first order ships.
>>
>>78305377
>what are the Jawas
>>
>>78303589
>He doesn't go out on top as the great hero and general he was in the OT.
There are very few actual happy endings to most fairy tales, anon. You know this. Things don't always turn out as we want
>>
>>78305302
I cant wait for the hype of this movie to die down so that people can look at it in perspective. We literally have people calling it the best movie, which shouldn't really be a thing on principle that it was entirely copied from a previous movie. You can't just copy a previous entry in the franchise, make it "bigger", and be praised as the best one.

It was a great movie, but damn, people are in a weird state of "BEST MOVIE EVER" right now.

I'm guessing people were the same after TPM.
>>
>>78305392
A brief part of a world not based around that?
>>
>>78305326
>Way too long
Im sick to death of this complaint, it was the same length as Luke vs Vader in episode 5.

It's "longer" because there was more action for obvious reasons, and it was intertwined with another battle (Yoda/Sheev)
>>
>>78305399
People were not really that intelligent before 9/11
>>
>>78305307
I guess. I think we'll have more reasons to take him seriously next movie though. Both he and Rey are gonna train and power up between then and now, so they'll be on more even footing for another fight.
>>
>>78305340
You first.
>>
>>78305377
Jakku was so empty, the only things breaking p the scenery were destroyed empire ships and ATATs. That really felt like a REMEMBER THIS THING YOU LIKED!? Moment, Rey just living in a destroyed one for no reason other than a nostalgia placement.
>>
File: 1447775067872.png (267KB, 448x477px) Image search: [Google]
1447775067872.png
267KB, 448x477px
>>78305288
>>
>>78305383

I'm hoping that the next films mimics Empire, with Rey training on the sidelines while Poe and Finn do some adventuring.
>>
>>78305348

Satisfies me that someone else feels this way. I won't try to act like the PT were AMAZING films nor that TFA was awful.

But Georgie had a way of making Star Wars feel so big. Like something you could get lost in. TFA feels like it goes in the complete opposite direction. It's fast paced and cares nothing about anything that isn't directly relevant to moving the plot forward. The movie never takes time to slow down and just soak it in. The times it tries, like Maz's Cantina, it just fumbles it. The Cantina was zipped through way too fast and not given time to establish itself.
>>
>>78305399
I'm more terrified that people are praising movies that are generally regarded by fans as garbage simply because they didn't feature a superweapon.
>>
>>78305472
Probably, except there's also gonna be Kylo finishing his Dark Side training.

I predict the Episode 8 duel will be the most intense of the entire series, as you'll get to see Rey and Kylo grow as characters before hand, and get to see their past and struggles.

So hyped.
>>
>>78305475
yeah, george really made star wars feel big by making everyone upset and disappointed
>>
>>78305477
Prequel filth should all be killed
>>
>>78305399
I'm not saying it is the best movie, but it's so much better than the prequels that your attempts at comparing it to TPM are laughable and make you look like a moron. It actually seems to be the complete opposite situation: People were going in expecting another Phantom Menace but it turned out to be the funniest movie in the saga and a great addition.
>>
>>78305477

Fans are retarded anyway. The Prequels aren't garbage. They're not great but they're not awful unwatchable films.

Star Wars nerds rank things on a scale that looks like

PT --------------- Empire Strikes Back

When the reality is more like

The Room ---- Direct to DVD Movies ---------------------PT--OT-------------Cinematic Greats
>>
>>78305477
People here are in denial about Lucas's hackery.

They care more about worldbuilding than storytelling and characterization.

They're the cancer killing fantasy.
>>
>>78305475
Cantina felt like it was shot with the director having been told that there was a cantina scene in the old movie that people really loved, do it again.
>>
>>78305477
This, the prequels were literally the worst movies ever made and it just baffles me that these so-called fans can not only like them but say that "they weren't so bad"

THEY FUCKING DESTROYED THE REPUTATION OF STAR WARS HOW THE FUCKING DICKSHIT WERE THEY NOT SO BAD?

It's not until today that Star Wars is finally good again. All of you so-called fans who worship the prequels should lay low. The next few years will not be good for your kind. Don't talk about your prequel love in public because I guarantee you will be hurt badly if you do.
>>
>>78305524
Which moments were remarkably funny that put this movie over the others?
>>
>>78305541
>storytelling and characterization
That'd be fine if TFA did either of these well. The only one that seemed to handled well was Kylo.
>>
>>78305536
I agree with you

>tfw like all star wars movies
>if i talk about the cons of the OT/TFA, or the Pros of the PT, I get called a prequel fanboy
>But vice versa is perfectly ok and accepted and makes me a "true fan"
Sick of it to be honest, I love all the movies, but have to carefully select what I say incase I get someone attacking me for having an opinion.
>>
>>78305541
>They care more about worldbuilding than storytelling and characterization.

Considering Star Wars is so much bigger than three or even six movies now I'd say it's not really a bad opinion to have.

And considering the storytelling in TFA was literally ANH and the characterization ranged from weak to underutilized...
>>
File: It'sATrick.SendNoReply.jpg (289KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
It'sATrick.SendNoReply.jpg
289KB, 1920x1080px
>>78305575
>>
>>78305575
Are you that one anon that got banned after he posted pony porn after he tried to start this shit, you sound just like that faggot.
>>
File: [Fassing Intensifies].jpg (21KB, 294x408px) Image search: [Google]
[Fassing Intensifies].jpg
21KB, 294x408px
>>78305575
>>78305541
>>78305518

Are you actually complaining about 3 movies which explain how dull and boring life was in the stagnating Old Republic?

That's pathetic Anons. I bet the thought of the prequels is causing you all visible pain - you children.
>>
>>78305607
You won't be attacked if you don't say objectively false things like "the prequels were good."
>>
>>78305575
Cheer up buttercup. Some people will like the prequels more than the originals and this new trilogy no matter what, there's nothing you can do to change that. But surely it doesn't affect your ability to enjoy the series.
>>
>>78305541
That may be, but there's a point where homage and callbacks feel like rehashing. Again, I don't dislike the movie but I feel that the rehashing hurts it and stops it from being really great and unique.
>>
>>78305575
Eat shit, Revenge of the Sith is better than TFA.
>>
File: Thanks Cooper.gif (499KB, 498x286px) Image search: [Google]
Thanks Cooper.gif
499KB, 498x286px
>>78305536
>>78305607
Wow, people with common sense.

Just when I thought that was a rarity these days.
>>
I'd like to remind people that there was a bunch of senate stuff in the original cut of the film before it was edited. They had to cut it for the sake of time.... But it all was actually written in the script as well as filmed and it is in the novelization.
>>
>>78305541
>They're the cancer killing fantasy
No the cancer killing fantasy is Hollywood and their mediocre attempts at making movies.
>>
>>78305575
>Calls himself a true fan
>claims star wars is "finally good again"
>even ignoring the prequels, what is TCW?
>He will deny being a /tv/ migrant
>>
>>78305695

But TFA is an obvious Hollywood blockbuster film. Does that make TFA the cancer killing fantasy?

And the PT were George telling everyone to go fuck themselves he's gonna make his vision come true. So George is the rebellious indie man standing up to Hollywood.
>>
>>78305693
A lot of people have common sense, they just say nothing and watch those without it make fools of themselves.
>>
File: Seriously, You Took The Bait.jpg (17KB, 403x312px) Image search: [Google]
Seriously, You Took The Bait.jpg
17KB, 403x312px
>>78305536
You do realize stating that the OT had it's own faults and problems is heresy right?

People will literally skin you alive.
>>
File: 1400020078045.png (1MB, 1115x1215px) Image search: [Google]
1400020078045.png
1MB, 1115x1215px
Too easy
>>
>>78305592
What a stupid question. Did you even watch the movie? The humor was incredibly good. Few examples:

>Rey calling a ship garbage before we were shown the falcon
>The banter between Finn and Poe/Rey. Felt natural and very funny
>BB-8 and his thumbs up scene
>Kylo being a total nutjob and the stormtroopers outside walking away
>Kylo: A droid stole a ship?
>Almost ever single scene with Han, especially "That's not how the force works!" and his banter with Leia

And more. You have to be autistic to not find TFA funny as hell.
>>
>>78305727
>im gonna make a bad movie lol!!
>BUT HES ORIGINAL, A TRUE HERO!!
>>
>>78302020
1561 for the moment
>>
>>78305607
No one cares if you like the prequels or criticise TFA or the OT. But pretending the prequels are objectively good or even better than the other four movies is just plain retarded.
>>
>>78305822

Star Wars fans trying to be objective movie critics is plain retarded. Especially when the Star Wars movies are mindless sci-fi schlock anyway.
>>
>>78305822
Liking the prequels is a sign of mental deficiency.
>>
>>78305822
I agree with the other anon who says that 3 is more enjoyable than 7. Its called having an opinion, and believe it or not, no matter how strongly you feel about what you believe, it doesnt make it a fact.
>>
>>78305822
Acknowledging good points about movies does not mean the person thinks they are good overall.

I suppose this is 4chan, but still, I just wish people could be more relativist.
>>
>>78305794
I'll give you the troopers backing away when they see Kylo going nuts, but the rest wasn't anything really special. I think you're letting your desire for this trilogy to return the series to its former glory cloud your judgement.
>>
>>78305822
I don't think anyone is saying the prequels are the best. They have much more obvious and apparent flaws, but they're still fucking Star Wars.

Hell, they gave context to the original trilogy, showing us just how insidious Palpatine was, and how fucking reclusive, stagnant, and inefficient the Jedi truly were.

Plus, emotionless, unresponsive Jedi actually allowed for blank and stale acting. It's really hard to sell a character - if the character is intentionally designed to be a boring motherfucker.

Most of the hatred towards the prequels is the fact that they don't carry the exact same tone as the original trilogy. There's no person you can point to and say "Oh, that's the Han Solo, that's the Lando Calrissian," etc.
>>
>>78305822
>>78305873

I enjoy 1 almost as much as the OT.

It's the most innocent fun. Has the most striking locations. The Pod Racing scene is a series highlight. Some of the best background aliens/characters in the series are born there. Qui-Gon was great. Young Obi was great. Costume design was on point. The Maul duel was one of the best in the series with a Top 5 theme.

I honestly fucking love The Phantom Menace.
>>
>>78305913
>showing us just how insidious Palpatine was
DOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO
>>
>>78305919
Kill yourself
>>
>>78305913
The three main problems with the prequels were; massively over explaining rather than showing in a visual medium, Lucas' dialogue and Jar Jar. Fix those aspects and you've got something decent.
>>
>>78305694
>tfw we probably won't get a version of the movie with those scenes in it because JJ doesn't want to make a 'special edition' of Episode 7 and get shit on
>>
>>78305873
You realize that movies aren't just art but also products that can be objectively good or bad, right? There is good writing and bad writing, good cinematography and lazy cinematography, good editing and bad editing, etc... TFA is objectively a good movie even though it has some flaws and ROTS for example really isn't a well made movie.
>>
File: Sidious.jpg (69KB, 500x265px) Image search: [Google]
Sidious.jpg
69KB, 500x265px
>>78305951
Wow, I didn't even get that until I saw your reply.

BRAVO LUCAS.
>>
>>78305976

Love how fags on a Star Wars message board are talking about objective film cinematography.

You don't know shit. The fact that all you can say is OBJECTIVELY GOOD and OBJECTIVELY BAD with nothing else back either of those points up tells us as much,
>>
>>78305965
I would add making actors interact with cgi characters/items. There are times where actors look weird because you can tell they're not actually interacting with a real thing. That (and the fact that they never updated the cgi for TPM) are really the only problems I have as far as cgi goes in the prequels. Also Episode 1 was completely pointless and could have easily been summed up in the opening crawl of Attack of the Clones.
>>
File: Black Men Laughing.gif (2MB, 390x277px) Image search: [Google]
Black Men Laughing.gif
2MB, 390x277px
>>78305959
Note, he didn't like the dialogue, acting and pacing which were the worst parts of the movie.

Oh and Jar Jar.

It's almost as if people have opinions. I know that's a new concept for you though.
>>
Honestly, going by the films... I think Finn or Poe or both could have latent force sensitivity.

Kylo staring a Finn is really reminiscent of Kanan noticing Ezra in the first episode of Rebels. And then you have Poe's extreme piloting skills and growing up near that force-sensitive tree.

Not saying that it's going to happen, but I think that if it did, it wouldn't be a stretch.
>>
>>78305967
Didn't Phasma have a bigger role before being cut too?
>>
>>78305822
Lucas brainfart > literal propaganda
>>
Been curious for a while where this RotJ is bad meme started. In the last couple years it seems like the contrarian opinion is to say that RotS is better than RotJ.

What made RotJ ANY different from the rest of the OT? The fucking Ewoks?

Nobody ever brings up the flaws in Empire either like the fucking abysmally slow opening.
>>
File: 2 Guys and a Girl.jpg (138KB, 970x582px) Image search: [Google]
2 Guys and a Girl.jpg
138KB, 970x582px
>>78306020
This tbqh.

No one here is a genuine critic, and I'm sure most people on the Internet don't have enough experience actually creating scripts, directing movies, and casting actors to actually warrant a legitimate claim.

Opinions are fine, but don't pretend you actually know what the fuck you're talking about.
>>
>>78305967

deleted scenes are canon non, they're referenced in the everything you need to know about star wars book. and they'll probably be on the home release.

>>78306063

No. She never had a big role. The senate stuff is actually in the novel.
>>
>>78306051
What Serkis and Kylo said about an awakening was pretty vague; a relatively large portion of the galaxy's population old have latent fore powers. They need to take control before more people realize this.
>>
>>78306085
most people hate it because of the cool bear motherfuckers
>>
File: The Force Awakens.webm (2MB, 400x226px) Image search: [Google]
The Force Awakens.webm
2MB, 400x226px
That was the worst piece of fanfiction.net tier self-insert Mary Sue garbage I have ever seen in my life.

The plot operated entirely on sheer contrivance with little to no explanation why anything was happening, the characters' motivations made absolutely no sense and magically transmuted from scene to scene, every scene played out like a parody of both itself and the OT scene it was copying, and for no reason at all the entire galaxy constantly bends itself around Rey in order to make her magically amazing at everything she ever tries to do with perfect ease.

The entire thing feels like Abrams wrote it when he was in middle school as a story where HE was in the Star Wars universe and every character loved him and he got to fly the Millennium Falcon and be a Jedi and fight Darth Vader and blow up the Death Star, and then he just changed some of the names to move it up in the timeline and made himself a girl and hoped nobody would notice.

I feel like I had an old friend I still love despite him making some questionable decisions in the past, and then one day he texted me out of the blue asking to hang out, and then when I got there I discovered someone had killed and flayed my old friend, stitched the skin together into a suit and mask, and was now parading around in a sarcastic and mocking impersonation of my old friend, dripping blood everywhere from the still-fresh parts of the suit.

Thank god Abrams isn't directing another one. I only wish someone would put a bullet in his head to make sure.
>>
>>78306051

>Rey's dumb mary sue ass falls to the darkside
>our boys finn and rey pick up the slack
>>
>>78306125
nice meme
>>
>>78306125
>Who shit
>>
>>78306130

Finn and poe*
>>
>>78306121

Ewoks are such a cool part though. They perfectly complement the Rebels as an underestimated force using wit and creativity to take down an overwhelming force.

And they serve as a stark fuck you to the Empire's xenophobia and anti-alien policies.
>>
>>78306085

One half of the movie is devoted to a side story that doesn't matter in the grand scheme of the narrative.
>>
>>78306032
I'm with you on ep 1 being reduced to summary for all it did; A Sith Lord is operating outside the Jedi's knowledge, there's a separatist movement growing within the Galaxy, Obi Wan has taken on an exceptionally skilled young apprentice. Pod racing was a lot of fun, but doesn't add anything.
>>
>>78306175

Which half is that? Because rescuing Han was pretty fucking important. And destroying the Empire and Death Star 2.0 was also PRETTY FUCKING IMPORTANT.
>>
File: The Sheev Spin.webm (528KB, 1268x534px) Image search: [Google]
The Sheev Spin.webm
528KB, 1268x534px
>>78306108
The Force "Awakening" could literally just mean a shitton of people across the galaxy are manifesting their Force Powers.

A resurgence of Force-Sensitives - each with the potential to become a Jedi or Sith.

Balance is restored to the Force by the "birth" of a new generation of Jedi and Sith.

P O T T E R Y
>>
>>78306167
They should have kept them being wookies.
>>
>>78306223

The whole Jabba thing was not that important. Not enough to devote half of the movie to it at least. It could easily have been a 5 to 10 minute vignette ala the Indiana Jones openings and still have gotten the point across (Han is rescued and Luke is a badass now) without taking time away from the main plot.
>>
>>78306223
To be fair, I do think as a fan of that film (it's my fav) that the rescue could have been done in the opening crawl.
>>
>>78306234
There can't be a new generation of Sith if no Sith are left.

Besides, balance =/= Equal Jedi and Sith.

>>78306251
They didn't have the budget
>>
>>78306251

I used to think that but it would defeat the pottery of the Ewoks and the Rebels if you got a hundred OP as fuck wookies
>>
>>78306251
I dunno, I like the idea of innocent and unthreatening creatures actually being rather deadly. Wookies don't have that same effect. Still, could have had more blood in that battle, like spike traps and junk.
>>
>>78306259
>>78306266

You guys suck the opening up until they kill Jabba is literally my favorite part of the entire trilogy.

If there's anything we could do without it's literally everything before Bespin in Empire.

Hoth is so boring and my god the asteroid shit why.
>>
File: Luke and Kylo.jpg (43KB, 567x450px) Image search: [Google]
Luke and Kylo.jpg
43KB, 567x450px
>>78306288
>Implying Snoke isn't a Sith.

How the fuck is he gonna train Kylo Ren if he's not? He's stated to be a powerful Dark Side user.

Snoke is the last Sith in the Galaxy
Luke is the last Jedi in the Galaxy

The Awakening means the Force has exerted itself and awakened the potential of countless people across the Galaxy.

Episodes 8 and 9 is Luke and Snoke desperately trying to find these new, powerful Force-Sensitives.

Balance is inevitable restored to the galaxy, as the Dark and Light sides of the Force are now being channeled by both sides.

Again - this shit writes itself.
>>
I haven't watched any of the SW in a long ass time,but when Rey touches Luke's lightsaber and she has those visions, isn't that like that test Jedis have to overcome to become masters? She might have gained a big insight on the force from that experience, which would explain her abilities. If I remember right something like that happens with the main guy on the Jedi Oustcast games.

But in any case that's all speculation. For the story of this movie's sake I do agree Rey was a bit too perfect, but I wouldn't call her a Mary Sue, the only thing that maybe felt out of place was her being able to use mind control. I mean, if the fight at the had been terrible as well as the chase sequence in Jakku, then yeah, but it was all good and exciting and made sense for the story so I don't have much of a problem with it.
>>
>>78306317
Sorry, I didn't explain it well, I do like that part. I love that whole sequence, I'm just saying that it would have been possible to have skipped it without affecting the movie too adversely. Hypothetically allowing them to do other things.

Really it's all a matter of opinion, personally I love the asteroid chase but get bored with all the Bespin and Dagobah stuff in Empire.
>>
>>78306354
It was JJ's way of putting an important flashback into a movie series that doesn't do that. It was to (way too quickly) show Luke's order getting fucked up by Kylo.
>>
>>78306344
Snoke is ANCIENT, >1000 years old.

He's something bigger than a sith.
>>
>>78306344
>>How the fuck is he gonna train Kylo Ren if he's not? He's stated to be a powerful Dark Side user.

Dark Side =/= Sith. Nightsisters useed the dark side too.

Snoke is just strong in the Dark Side and can teach Kylo. But he's not a Sith.

>Snoke is the last Sith in the Galaxy
No, Sidious and Vader were. They died in RotJ.

Also, that idea is shit.
>>
>>78306344
It's possible to be a dark side user without being a Sith.
>>
>>78306434
So what? The Grey Side?

>yfw balancing the force means creating the Rainbow Side.
>>
File: Cersei Smug.jpg (27KB, 398x348px) Image search: [Google]
Cersei Smug.jpg
27KB, 398x348px
>>78306425
Alright then, master writer.

How are episodes 8 and 9 going to play out?
>>
>>78306354
Pretty far fetched that she could fly the millennium falcon through a crashed destroyer having never flown a ship before. If it was Poe I'd totally buy it, but Rey went from crashing it into the ground to hang it do a 180 lip so Finn could get a clear shot. At least Finn has the excuse of training behind him.
>>
>>78306459
Dark Side does not fucking mean Sith and Sith only.
>>
>>78306479
I-I was just having a little joke.

Like, the not quite so dark side, so to speak. I dunno, I'm tired.
>>
>>78306459

No you retard. He said t's possible to be a DARK side user without being a sith. Sith is an order of dark side users not the ONLY dark side users.

The fact that Kylo exists at all should explain this to you.
>>
File: Angry Silvermane.gif (995KB, 370x209px) Image search: [Google]
Angry Silvermane.gif
995KB, 370x209px
>>78306479
>>78306425
>>78306416

Do you think people give a shit?

The Sith are the only Darksiders shown in the Films, so Snoke's probably going to be one.

Also, the Sith themselves are ancient as shit, or have you forgotten niggas like Marka Ragnos and Naga Sadow.

Darth Bane alone was 1,000 years BEFORE Episode IV, just as old as Snoke is apparently.
>>
File: plagueissmug.png (254KB, 400x516px) Image search: [Google]
plagueissmug.png
254KB, 400x516px
I've been avoiding these threads since I had to wait for my buddies until today to see the movie.

What's the concencus on Snoke? Is he Plagueis or not?

I assume he's not as large as he was shown in the throne room since he was just a hologram, yet he seemed to be quite large nonetheless. He was also fucked up in the face and all that, the only thing missing was being part of the Muun race, which he really didnt seem to be.

So what do you guys think?
>>
>>78306512
I'm tired and make a bad joke, sorry.
>>
>>78306469
First Order's Death Star planet getting blown up puts a real dent in things, how do you move up from a planet sized weapon that drain energy from the sun? Luke will grapple with inner turmoil, Leia will hopefully be killed up because Fischer looks awful, Poe may take things over while Finn rests and heals. And Finn really needs to cut down on the buffoonery for a former soldier.
>>
File: 1 Guy.jpg (11KB, 328x340px) Image search: [Google]
1 Guy.jpg
11KB, 328x340px
>>78306479
>>78306512
Christ, you two are cunts of the highest order. Sperging over fucking Dark Side factions.

Kill yourselves you nerds.
>>
>>78306534
Remember that he was only a Munn in the EU.

I don't think Snoke is Plagueis, but Williams did use the same theme from the Plagueis scene ROTS, so who knows.
>>
File: [Disgusted Sigh].jpg (441KB, 1754x1320px) Image search: [Google]
[Disgusted Sigh].jpg
441KB, 1754x1320px
>>78306569
>how do you move up from a planet sized weapon that drain energy from the sun?

You don't.

Why not focus on Snoke and Kylo. We don't need ANOTHER fucking Planet destroying device.
>>
>>78305575
>tfw I'm watching Revenge of the Sith RIGHT NOW

>And it feels good
>>
>>78306569
You know, another reason why I feel the Starkiller plot was a bad one besides retreading ANH. What are they going to do for the finale? It would have been quite interesting to see the Resistance try and stop them building the weapon or trying to convince the Republic of it's existence throughout the trilogy.
>>
>>78306569
>And Finn really needs to cut down on the buffoonery for a former soldier.

This really bothered me. He was a brainwashed child soldier raised knowing nothing but his brothers and sisters in the First Order who couldn't find it in himself to kill.

And then he's suddenly HOOPIN' 'N' HOLLERIN' WHO'S IN CHARGE NOW OOGA BOOGA

It just didn't seem like the kind of behavior he should have had. I expected his past to cause him more of a problem. But the way he then went on a murdering spree of his former Stormtrooper mates shows the writers clearly didn't give a fuck.
>>
>>78306597
>Remember that he was only a Munn in the EU.
this is absolutely true and this is what my hope hinges on

>I don't think Snoke is Plagueis, but Williams did use the same theme from the Plagueis scene ROTS

wew I didn't notice probably gonna go see it again tomorrow and I'll have to pay extra attention.
>>
File: mfw Anger.gif (3MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
mfw Anger.gif
3MB, 720x404px
>>78306664
Oh my god.

Why the fuck does Snoke have to be Plageuis?
>>
>>78306533
>The Sith are the only Darksiders shown in the Films, so Snoke's probably going to be one.
But not the only ones in the canon, which the movies have to take into account. :^)
>>
>>78306693
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjjMH_PdCvI
>>
>>78306469
Episode 8 is going to primarily be Luke training Rey and Snoke training Kylo. It will also probably show the Republic member planets piecing themselves together again after the Senate and at least some of the fleet was wiped out(does the novelization say anything more about this? Was it the whole fleet and was it several planets, or what?) and preparing to seek out the First Order to get rid of them alongside the Resistance.

Rey will probably end up leaving Luke after training a lot to go battle Kylo again, and Luke will return with her.

Episode 9 will be the final conflict between the Republic/Resistance coalition taking on the First Order and a Luke vs Snoke confrontation.

>>78306533
1. Star Wars isn't just the films anymore, and the LSG is helping manage the story of the new films. They care.
2. The Sith aren't the only dark side faction in canon
3. Marka Ragnos and Naga Sadow aren't even canon, nor are the from the films like you just blabbed about the Sith being.
>>
>>78306632

A half built planet weapon that is secretly already capable of firing of course
>>
Can we include the vote in the next OP for more visibility? That way I can get the soundtracks uploaded sooner

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1CnA5F4p5GfKY_7AhaOsFRksRurG5aB-j76qUMGJ5Gpk/viewform
>>
>>78305575

Fuck you.

I just saw TFA in IMAX 3D, and I'm about to watch Attack of the Clones to wash the taste of out of my mouth.

It was that fucking terrible that Attack of the Clones is my bleach. Even the worst of the saga is better than this shit.
>>
>>78306732
With a cute species that lives on the surface!
>>
>>78306693
because it's literally the best thing they can do. It will make the prequels better retroactivelly and it will prove palp-fags they've been worshipping a cuck all this time
>>
File: Captain Hurricane ref.jpg (74KB, 232x299px) Image search: [Google]
Captain Hurricane ref.jpg
74KB, 232x299px
>>78306732
Why

Why did I laugh at this?

Why am I just imagining the Resistance going in all like 'hey, maybe this time it won't be operational...'
>>
Alright, so I just got back from seeing it a second time. Still so fucking good. I noticed a lot of subtle darkness in Rey's character this time around. Her theme even has some of the Imperial March tucked away inside it (the quieter background violins). During her fight with Kylo Ren, she is consumed with rage and aside from the obvious fact that she fights very similarly to Palpatine in Revenge of the Sith, in the part where he tells her he can guide her to the force, there is more darkness in her than in him. The eyes give it away. It also seemed like she was having a realization or remembering something in that moment. Some definitely interesting little undertones and implications at play.
>>
With as kind and supportive as Snoke is being with Kylo I actually kinda want him to be Plagueis.

It would be interesting if Palpatine was just a little cunt and had been teaching his own Sith style this entire time that wasn't necessarily the way it was done.

Didn't Sheev cheat when killing Plagueis too? As in it wasn't a real battle but some kind of underhanded poisoning shit.
>>
>>78306694
>>78306710
>Marka Ragnos and Naga Sadow aren't even canon, nor are the from the films like you just blabbed about the Sith being.

Fucking hell, my point was that the Sith are easily old enough to match Snoke's description.

Snoke's probably going to be a Sith, because anything otherwise will confuse the hell out of people.

Unless you think most people care about the lore enough to read up like you do?
>>
>>78306774
>Making the prequels good by making Sheev look bad

No, noooo YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE
>>
>>78306805
>Sheev
>Underhanded

No, really?
>>
>>78306649
The way their characters behaved in general I feel like Rey and Finn should have swapped places.
>>
File: Palpatine and Plagueis.jpg (321KB, 1000x1291px) Image search: [Google]
Palpatine and Plagueis.jpg
321KB, 1000x1291px
>>78306805
Why do you think Palpatine was so dangerous?

He was as much a master manipulation as a fighter.
>>
>>78306809

Didn't we already get it confirmed that there's some physical manifestation of DARK SIDE somewhere in the universe.
>>
File: James Franco Wut.jpg (37KB, 379x503px) Image search: [Google]
James Franco Wut.jpg
37KB, 379x503px
>>78306879
What are you talking about?
>>
>>78306879

Yes, courtesy of Aftermath. They said it's somewhere in the Unknown Regions.
>>
>>78306693
Because there's this nagging feeling in Palpatine's speech about Plageuis that Plageuis never died. You don't tell a story about an extremely important and mysterious character who could cheat death, then they just died because they actually sucked dick at cheating death in a movie without hinting that the character may have actually lived. It's either 1: Plageuis actually did suck dick at cheating death and died, 2: Plageuis cheated death and dicked around doing nothing even though he's one of the most important characters in the series or 3: Plageuis cheated death and will be coming back to fuck shit up.
>>
>>78306879
Only that Sheev thought the power came from somewhere outside the galaxy

The same Sheev that foresaw Luke turning to the dark side and the Rebels getting wiped out at Endor
>>
>>78306879
No, that's just a meme. In Aftermath, one of Palpatine's advisors who studies force and Sith lore says that Palpatine believed there was a place in the galaxy that could be considered a source or font of dark side energy and he wanted to find and consume it. Stupid people misinterpreted it as an actual dark side being or some shit.
>>
>>78306934

Not only that but Snoke just being a random super powerful dark sider seems weird if he's not related to Sheev and the Sith. The fuck was he doing before these last thirty years.
>>
>>78306879
>>78306902
No. That was all vague nonsense foreshadowing the First Order and Knights of Ren.
>>
>>78306934
What about a Plagueis force ghost?
>>
>>78306992
Actually, if Plagueis was just a really corporeal Force Ghost that would be pretty cool.
>>
>>78306809
>Fucking hell, my point was that the Sith are easily old enough to match Snoke's description.
They're quite a lot older than Snoke, and all but Bane were wiped out 1000 years before the saga. Bane was killed after he passed on the Sith teachings to an unnamed (male?) apprentice, who continued his Rule of Two and eventually led to Plagueis and Sidious. Sidious then taught several successors(Maul, Tyrannus) who were killed. Then he taught a crippled Vader and Vader taught the very basics to Inquisitors. By the time of RotJ, however, it was just Vader and Sidious, who both died.

There's no way he's a Sith, because there was no one to continue the teachings. The line was broken when Anakin was redeemed.

>Snoke's probably going to be a Sith, because anything otherwise will confuse the hell out of people.
Not really. It will just reveal that there's more than just two Force user factions(if they haven't already seen TCW or anything).

>>78306992
The Sith can't become Force ghosts because they're obsessed with prolonging life, not living beyond it.
>>
File: Plagueis.jpg (25KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Plagueis.jpg
25KB, 1280x720px
>>78306934
How hard is it to accept that Plagueis bit the bullet like a bitch.

The man was so scared of death, that he created an elaborate plot to become immortal including the training of a sadistic rich boy from Naboo.

The whole point of Plagueis's story, is that he spent so much time worrying about his eventual death/attempt at immortality - that he had foregone the actual threat right in front of his fucking face.
>>
File: Kun_vs_Wall_of_Light.jpg (178KB, 1158x631px) Image search: [Google]
Kun_vs_Wall_of_Light.jpg
178KB, 1158x631px
>>78307035
Sith can become force ghosts and apparitions.

Naga Sadow did - he possessed some people and wrecked havoc before he was cast out into the aether.

Fucking Exar Kun's spirit was on Yavin IV. It took a practical army of Jedi channeling the Light to put his ass down.

The Sith can become ghosts - but you're half right. It's not that they can't, they just don't WANT to.
>>
New thread
>>78307173
>>78307173
>>78307173
>>
>>78307119
>Sith can become force ghosts and apparitions
Not in the new canon.
>>78307119
>Naga Sadow did
Tales of the Jedi isn't canon.
>>
>>78307119
You can't use legends when talking about the potential future canon.
>>
File: q3NUqMZ.jpg (471KB, 1500x1402px) Image search: [Google]
q3NUqMZ.jpg
471KB, 1500x1402px
>>78307054
>>
>>78306317

I also think the Jabba part was immensely fun to watch, one of the most enjoyable parts of the trilogy as a stand alone thing. The problem being that it's not stand alone, it's a part of a larger narrative, and as a part of that narrative in does so little in proportion to the amount of time spent on it. There could have been more scenes with Sheev, more scenes with Vader and Luke interacting, had a whole chunk of the movie not been devoted to Jabba's palace.
>>
>"Forgive me. I feel it again... the call from light. Supreme Leader senses it. Show me again, the power of the darkness, and I'll let nothing stand in our way. Show me, grandfather, and I will finish what you started."

This guy is pretty much a perfect fit for Kingdom Hearts III
>>
>>78307119
Naga Sadow isn't canon. Nor is Exar Kun.

Canonically, the Sith cannont become Force Ghosts. They're focused on becoming immortal by prolonging their mortal life. They don't see the other way, which was discovered by Qui-Gon, who lead Yoda to be tested if he was worthy of learning it. He taught Yoda, who taught Obi-Wan.

How Anakin became one is known to Filoni, but he hasn't revealed it yet.
>>
>>78307290
>How Anakin became one is known to Filoni, but he hasn't revealed it yet.
Maybe it comes from him being the strongest force user in this era.
>>
>>78307290
So what about the ghost that Yoda met in TCW S6?
Thread posts: 813
Thread images: 110

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.