[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

Star Wars Rebels

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 744
Thread images: 71

File: 1420608025740.png (552KB, 525x623px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1420608025740.png
552KB, 525x623px
Invasion edition

>Upcoming Releases:
http://www.swbooks.co.uk/updates/release.htm

>Newest Rebels Episode: "Legacy":
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B--x3TcdnpPjSGZEWnF0RkU2T2c/view?usp=sharing
https://mega.nz/#F!w5w3QQzS!kEXw8EpWWhF9izE5K2JpvQ

>Newest Rebels Recon Episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JrVry8kgyw

>Star Wars: Rebels MEGA (Season 1):
https://mega.co.nz/#F!UYQCwTwa!s-n8--buJPbauv6ylUo-DA

>The Clone Wars Legacy Content:
http://www.starwars.com/tv-shows/the-clone-wars-legacy

>Star Wars: Uprising: (/co/ Cartel: Loth-Cats)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpW6fOEvuSg
http://community.kabam.com/forums/showthread.php?568108-Newx-s-New-Player-Guide

>Star Wars: Commander (/co/ Squad: Empire - SheevSquad)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUD2JkBxIJo

>All Canon Novels and Comics: (Including the Rebels UK Comics)
https://mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

>Star Wars Audiobooks (Canon and Legends) and Motion Comics:
https://mega.nz/#F!w9tFCZxK!7zthk3nLz-0ATC9zxxEPuw

>Star Wars Legends Novels & Comics (Incomplete):
https://mega.nz/#F!AgVghZhQ!0SL9AVJvCbzUsRICuAoguQ
https://mega.nz/#F!j99HEbrC!GP5TSEEbrBYZIZ73xod4fg

>Canon Guide & Timeline:
http://imgur.com/a/wnoIs

>Star Wars /co/ Booru:
starwars.booru.org

>Star Wars Soundtracks MEGA (Work-in-Progress):
https://mega.nz/#F!xocwwSiT!M8RpDwmmI37P24_TRzBKug
>>
w h e r e w a s s a r c o
>>
>>78280380
I'm surprised they didn't kill him off in TCW for shits n giggles.
>>
File: Rey.jpg (221KB, 640x958px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Rey.jpg
221KB, 640x958px
>>78280380
>Invasion edition

Fuck that, Rey edition.
>>
I've never been more conflicted on a movie.
I was so happy when I found out that Coruscant still exists.
>>
multiverse
ul
t
i
v
e
r
s
e
>>
>>78280436
I wanna tickle Rey until she pisses her pants
>>
>>78280380
Why didn't you use the new, shortened OP?

http://pastebin.com/Pp5QHHfX
>>
>>78280380
A COMMUNICATION DISRUPTION CAN ONLY M
>>
>>78280380

Clearly, Adviser Bubble was the real villain the entire time. He's got a goatee after all and Advisers are always evil.
>>
File: 1449297769864.jpg (66KB, 600x810px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1449297769864.jpg
66KB, 600x810px
>>78280442

>Including The Force Unleashed
>>
>>78280409
Off being the key to some other story
>>
>>78280487
>>78280494
Next thread then, and if the First Order mod deletes this, then I hope you fucks better be quick about it, before the mod puts up a giantess/feet edition OP.
>>
>>78280436
Fuck off, shill. Your movie is shit. Accept it.
>>
>>78280380
I can't see this face and not laugh
It's equal to CIA's face for me
>>
>>78280550
OT Manchildren literally cannot fathom a film being worse than the prequels. So they'll pretend forever that TFA was good, based upon that milestone alone.
>>
>>78280601
it's possible for both to be bad prequel goober
>>
>>78280550
>>78280601
>people like it, so it must be bad!
>I can't think of any negatives about the movie! It's still bad!
>I won't even watch it!
>>
>>78280651
Don't take their weak bait man. Show some dignity.
>>
>>78280651
I watched it and have negatives to say about it.

Are you actually interested in a discussion or do you just want to green text your way out of this?
>>
>>78280666
no satan.
>>
>>78280409
Too much of a key. Was OP and needed to be cut.
>>
>>78280380
Is this stuff canon?
>>
File: Queenamidala.jpg (111KB, 850x600px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Queenamidala.jpg
111KB, 850x600px
>get the urge to rewatch Phantom Menace, thinking it might be good if I give it another chance
>watch it again
>it's complete garbage
>time passes
>get the urge to rewatch Phantom Menace, thinking it might be good if I give it another chance
>watch it again
>it's complete garbage
>time passes
>etc. etc.

Why do I always fall for it?
>>
>>78280720
watch the Hal 9000 edits
>>
>>78280720
watch a fanedit then you can break out of the cycle.
>>
>>78280720
Cognitive dissonance
>>
>>78280732
Did the Topher Grace re cut ever get leaked online?
>>
>>78280732
How do they compare to the Anti-Cheese edits? I'm marathoning tomorrow so I wanna get everything ready tonight

>>78280783
No but this guy did his best to recreate it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9LEhOZZbuk
>>
>>78280649}
>Snoke isn't lame because you don't have enough information to make that call
Wrong. Snoke is lame and has no presence or authority BECAUSE he has nothing pertaining to him. The Emperor was a representation of the Empire we've been fighting for three movies. Snoke was just some guy who came out of nowhere and is now the DARKNESS.

>saying we know Kylo Ren's entire backstory is dead wrong.

you seriously think i meant that the problem was that now we know kylo ren's backstory already

instead of the story as presented being insufficient to lend proper weight to his actions in the flick itself

that is in fact why i said we missed an entire movie
>>
>>78280651
For the record, I'm not calling everyone a manchild. That's just a fact. There's been 15 years of critical analysis and anti-hype over the prequels because some OTfags are just that ass ravaged. TFA will get theirs.
>>
>ending felt nothing like a Star Wars ending

That was a major problem with it for me

What was the point of rehashing everything else if you can't do a Star Wars ending?
>>
>>78280601

Force Awakens is fine and far better than the prequels.

If I'm just a shill then you're just a contrarian and we're both worthless.
>>
>>78280880
To make more money off of a big name franchise?
>>
>>78280825
>How do they compare to the Anti-Cheese edits? I'm marathoning tomorrow so I wanna get everything ready tonight

they're much more professional than the anti-cheese edits and the cuts are more extensive

a little more difficult to get your hands on, though

try fanedit.info
>>
>>78280880
It felt like the 2nd Hobbit ending.
>>
>>78280720
That's how I felt about episode 2!
>>
>>78280880
What should a Star Wars ending feel like?
>>
>>78280912
Hmmm, might give em a shot then. Just need to figure out how to actually download it
>>
>>78280947
Bunch of dudes standing around on a vista.
>>
>>78280880
>What was the point of rehashing everything

Money dear boy, and the fact that Hollywood has no creative backbone anymore and relies on nostalgia to get the big bucks. And China.
>>
>>78280853

>he thinks it takes critical analysis to realize the PTs are bad

You have to not be paying attention if you think those movies were ever good. even as a kid I disliked those movies hard and didn't like star wars for the longest time because of it.
I had to be coaxed into watching the OT.
>>
>>78280949
you can find torrents for episode II and III on fanedit.info, though i've had difficulty finding episode I again.
>>
File: Roger Ebert.jpg (56KB, 640x360px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Roger Ebert.jpg
56KB, 640x360px
>Star Wars: 4/4 stars
>The Empire Strikes Back: 4/4 stars
>Return of the Jedi: 4/4 stars
>The Phantom Menace: 3.5/4 stars
>Attack of the Clones: 2/4 stars
>Revenge of the Sith: 3.5/4 stars

What would Ebert have thought of The Force Awakens?
>>
>>78280985
Based on that 4/4
>>
>>78280959
Sounds a bit like The Big Lebowski
>>
>>78280964
>I had to be coaxed into watching the OT.
So you're just a follower that has to be led like a sheep to water because you're too scared to do something yourself, ok.
>>
>>78280985
Star Wars isn't art.
>>
>>78280947
It has to a grand moment, like looking off at a galaxy in a med ship. or at a ceremony.

this one felt bland and awkward. and that panoramic view did not fit the normal cinematography at all.
>>
>>78281003
Man where do you people come from
>>
>>78280825
>No but this guy did his best to recreate it

I tried to watch a few minutes of it and even the final TPM fight still has the prequel problems. All the weird weightless CGI voids. When they move to a physical set it's a little better but the choreography for Maul's death is absurd.

Obi-Wan doing a flip over maul's head from below while Maul has him completely prone is ridiculous.
>>
>>78280985
Derivative, but entertaining.
>>
File: Rebel pilots2.webm (3MB, 854x362px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Rebel pilots2.webm
3MB, 854x362px
>>
>>78280979
Seems like I is fine as long as you don't want 1080p
>>
>>78280985
I don't understand why people thought so highly of his opinion on movies. Where did society go so wrong that people can get paid so much for telling strangers on the internet what to think?
>>
>>78281024
>that panoramic view did not fit the normal cinematography at all.

It did feel a little intrusive, like they spent the money on the drone and wanted to put it in.
>>
>>78281003
it's like you didn't even read.
>>
>>78281044
Always thought the first guy was the same one who crashed into the Executor.
>>
>>78281076
>Where did society go so wrong that people can get paid so much for telling strangers on the internet what to think?

Ebert was a tv personality who had a great combative report with his co-host Gene Siskel. He was mostly willing to play ball with "fun" movies like Star Wars.
>>
>>78281076
When people decided they needed something to prove their opinions. Some people aren't ok with subjective discussions.
>>
>>78281093
Oh I read it, he had to be coaxed into watching the OT because he had a bad time watching the prequels. I find that pathetic.
>>
>>78281154
I forgot. Did he like 'Benji the Hunted' or 'Carnosaur'?
>>
>>78281173
the irony here is pure. I want to keep you in this state forever in a bottle to enjoy.
>>
>waaaaah its just anh rehash
>ahbloobloobloo the ending isn't like the other star wars movies!
I need a new place to talk about star wars
>>
>>78281335
Try your pillow in your room?

At least it won't troll or flame you.
>>
>>78281335
Try reddit. A hugbox seems right up your alley.
>>
>>78281399
I don't know anon I was almost destroyed at an atomic level by my pillow once.
>>
>>78281154
>report
You mean rapport.
>>
>>78281335
>waaaahhhh my hugbox isn't a safe space anymore stop triggering me waaahhhh
You're pathetic
>>
>>78281435
This. I liked the movie but complaining about people who didn't like it is just as bad as the people who keep calling those who did like it shills
>>
>tfw like all the movies
>tfw can never be accepted anywhere because there will always be one person who has to insist that I have shit taste for liking TFA or the Prequels
>>
>>78280979
>>78281048
You know the password?
>>
File: 1411711947513.png (78KB, 249x250px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1411711947513.png
78KB, 249x250px
>>78280380
>communications are down
>this MUST be a sign of an invasion
Or, the wi-fi is fucked. Or maybe someone forgot to pay the damn phone bill.

>he's right though, the planet IS being invaded because the script say so
I hate Star Wars.
>>
>>78281473
No, report. I want it typed double spaced, times new roman, and 3000 words by Tuesday. That should be easy, with a whole weekend ahead of you.
>>
>>78280380
Someone wanna repost the Rey "nudes" from the show she did before?
>>
>>78280928
Are you saying Rey is a dragon they completely failed to kill that ran off like a pussy?
>>
>>78281335
>I need a new place to talk about star wars

Go to tumblr then, if you need a hugbox so badly. If you can't handle dissenting opinions on 4chan then you really need to leave and go somewhere so you can't be triggered.
>>
>>78281555
Everyone either has shit tastes for liking/hating different things, or is a copycat for liking/hating the same shit as you. It doesn't matter in the end; they'll find a way to shit on everything.

Best thing to do is to take those trips and be proud about being above nitpicking simple movies.
>>
>>78281602
just look in the old thread >>78274518
>>
>>78281573
You do realize that in Star Wars, they're past the time where wifi just "goes down" or where there's a bill even existing for the HoloNet/them not paying

Communications being down like they were when they were previously functioning is a sign of outside tampering, since we know it can be jammed.
>>
So, can we all agree that Kylo Ren is the best character in TFA and the best film villain since Darth Vader?
>>
>>78281795
Woah bud, lets chill out there. Wait until the trilogy's done first.
>>
File: bb8 approved.gif (2MB, 720x344px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
bb8 approved.gif
2MB, 720x344px
I want one.

>>78281795
Well Rey is the best character, but Kylo Ren is actually a character I really enjoyed. I can see him doing an anti-Vader arc, where he starts conflicted and ends completely ruthlessly evil
>>
>>78281795
Of course.
>>
>>78281795
>best character

You misspelled Poe
>>
>>78281846
>Rey is the best character
Hardly. Weakest character by far. Literally only tumblr would be so blinded by MUH FEMINISM to say this.
>>
>>78281795
What's up with him? Why is he so mad all the time? Anakin was better
>>
>>78281902
The Dark Side feeds off of emotions like anger. It also makes you act irrationally if you haven't been properly taught to control the dark side, like Sheev.
>>
>>78281795
>Kylo Ren is the best character in TFA
That would be Finn, not Kylo. I'll wait to see Ren in the second movie before making judgments on his character. As of right now, he's just a whiney EdgeLord, and no he's no Vader, just an edgy kid.
>>
>>78281846
Rey was practically not a character though.

Finn was best character.
>>
Did anyone else feel like Adam Driver should have played Anakin? Because I sure did, he nailed the tone and feel of what George was clearly trying to do with Anakin and had so much more intensity than Hayden Christensen.
>>
I feel like at least part of next film is going to be cutting between Luke training Rey and Snoke training Kylo.
>>
>>78281942
Finn was just entertaining because he got the best quips, Rey was about as developed
>>
>>78281985
Exactly
0 character development+quips+better actor>0 character development
>>
>>78281970
The real question is will Rey and Kylo bang
>>
File: sunny_d_2.jpg (510KB, 1428x1070px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
sunny_d_2.jpg
510KB, 1428x1070px
>>78282031
>>
>>78281970
I think that will be most of next film.
>>
>>78282031
Hey, this ain't Alabama
>>
>>78280720

I do this but opposite.

> like TM
> Everyone says it's the worst maybe it's been a whIle let's watch it again
> nope still like it
> etc
>>
>>78281859
You mean that guy that was barely in it for more than 10 minutes?
>>
>>78281687
Plus they were sort of expecting the Trade Federation to do something. If you're in a situation where a bunch of assholes bring their giant ships to blockade your planet and suddenly your communications are being jammed, you can't blame someone for thinking that things are about to escalate.

Plus it's not like everyone immediately agreed. Both Amidala and Panaka were going "nah, they're not that stupid, the senate would bitchslap them"
>>
>>78281985
We got to see Finn go from nameless faceless Storm Trooper to making friends and getting revenge on the First Order. With Rey she was just perfect smart girl all the way through
>>
>>78281968
Too ugly.
>>
>>78281134

Nigga that was a girl
>>
>>78282031
>they fall in love, it brings out the light side in him and the dark side in her
>they end up essentially switching sides and ends with them forced to kill each other
Sounds kind of cheesy or maybe too Shakespeare, but I think it would be interesting
>>
>>78280985

A glib facsimile.
>>
>>78280441
I'm still not sure if I liked it or not. It's very rare for me to feel this way about the movie.

I guess I liked parts of it, but by the end of the movie a part of me was going "wait, that's it?"
>>
Outside of Rey's Theme, TFA's OST is pretty bland so far. Most of it is just generic actioney pieces.
>>
This is tough for me TFA was a competently made film but leaves a bad taste because of how by the numbers in is to the point of just being a repackaged ANH.

Meanwhile the prequels tried to do so much and be completely creative and unique and stumbled along the way. But I still can't help but appreciate them for what they are.

It's like good corporate Hollywood movie vs. bad movie with complete creative freedom
>>
>>78282059
But it is the Outer Rim, it's the Galactic South.
>>
>>78282055
Maybe Poe will be the POV character for advancing the war plot
>>
>>78280880
The awkward helicopter shot took me out of the moment.
>>
>>78282150
March of the Resistance, Snoke, and Torn Apart are the best tracks in my opinion. Especially Torn Apart because it contains the closest thing to an Imperial March style theme for the main villain and really captures the emotion of the best scene in the film.
>>
>>78280825
>No but this guy did his best to recreate it
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9LEhOZZbuk

>took out all of TPM, even the semi-good scenes
>took out the whole Obi-Wan Kenobi: private eye investigator scenes in favor of the whole Anakin love story
well that was a waste of an hour
>>
>>78282091
And did more in those ten minutes than just mindlessly slash everything in a temper tantrum.
>>
>>78282152
At the end of the day, I'll usually go with the movie that at least tried, rather than the one that went By-the-numbers approach. I'm just worried Disney is going to go too far and Star Wars turns out like the Marvel Cinematic Universe is. I really don't want this franchise run into the ground by a bunch of Hollywood Execs.
>>
>>78282150
Watching it again makes it a lot better, I didn't really like it at first, but after seeing it again I like the soundtrack better

>>78282152
I think JJ had to play it safe to get the general public back on board with Star Wars, and now that hes done that Rian Johnson will make a riskier, more superior film in episode 8 hopefully
>>
>>78282274
Did he? I feel like Han and Chewie were the only characters that actually did anything at all.

Maybe Finn too. Couldn't care less about whatever is going on with Rey.
>>
>>78282152
The prequels and TFA seem to be polar opposites of each other.

The prequels give you a better story and more imaginative visuals, but the tradeoff is you get bad acting and awkward dialogue that does a disservice to the story.

Meanwhile TFA has great performances and dialogue and well-executed moments of humor, but the story is unoriginal and visually, almost everything is a retread.
>>
I still can't believe three guys managed to take down Starkiller Base.
>>
>>78282261
All Prequel fan edits are a waste IMO. I've seen all of the popular ones and even a few others, but none of them work because the editors don't understand how films work. They just want to cut out what they feel is bad.
>>
>>78282330
I can't believe Captain Phasma's asshole took a wookiee dick.
>>
Anyone else kinda bothered that TFA had literally zero world building? Was my favorite parts of all six movies and clone wars. That you felt like the galaxy was this living breathing thing.

TFA had such a breakneck pace and didn't tell you ANYTHING about anything that it made the movie feel small.

The way they blew up a whole solar system and even the good guys didn't react and were quipping right after made it worse. Like nothing is important except the Resistance and the First Order.
>>
>>78282330
I can't believe they keep building giant planetoids related to suns and killing.
You think they'd get the message by now.
>>
>>78281942
>>78281894
I agree that she wasn't the best written character, but I feel like a lot of that was left to explore in the future. I just felt that she had the best performance out of the newcomers, followed really closely by Oscar Isaac and Boyega
>>
>>78282279

That's kinda where I'm at. Like the prequels are cheesey B movie Sci fi flicks that expanded Star Wars lore and I love them for it.
>>
>>78282298
Well, he was the one that flew into the thing... ...Then again, you could be onto something.

>>78282330
In comparison to the four that took down the Death Star?
>>
>>78282279
The Force Awakens is a really funny movie, but I really don't want them to double down on the comedy stuff just because it worked here. Star Wars has always had humor, but it needs to be serious and I'd hate to see them yet to turn it into a quipfest like Avengers or Guardians of the Galaxy. If worked for those films and the tone of the comic source material, but shit like Star-Lord's "dance off" would be horrendously out of place in Star Wars. That said, The Force Awakens is multiple orders of magnitude better than the prequels, it's not even a contest. Abrams did right by Star Wars. I'm curious to know what Lucas had wanted to do instead, but I'm skeptical that it would be as good as what we got.
>>
>>78282330
Starkiller Base felt like such an afterthought
>blows up an entire system at once
>"wow that sucks guess we should stop it"
>meet to discuss how to deal with it
>"okay let's trust this guy's word and base our entire attack on it, we good? okay get to your ships"
>Chewie lights the place up
>"shield's down, okay, let's hit it and go home"
>place starts falling apart
>"SNOKE THE BASE IS BLOWING UP AND I'M STILL ON IT WHAT SHOULD I DO"
>"get off it you moron, bring Kylo too"
>>
File: 1684.png (384KB, 544x661px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1684.png
384KB, 544x661px
What if this is all a set up for Rey to go dark side

>already skilled in the force with no prior training
>could snap at the reason why she was left on Jakku or if Luke refuses to train her
>only villains have accents in Star Wars

What if this is just Snoke's plan to get his true protege
>>
>>78282413
They didn't even explain what the Hosnian system was
>>
File: map.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
map.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
A map of the galaxy from the Visual Dictionary.
>>
>>78282233
Agreed. My favorite tracks so far(after listening a few more times since yesterday)

Rey's Theme
The Falcon
Maz's Counsel
The Starkiller
Han and Leia
March of the Resistance
Snoke
Torn Apart
The Ways of the Force
The Jedi Steps and Finale

>>78282365
I was a little annoyed, yeah. They needed to establish Snoke and the New Republic better. Just offing the New Republic like that was fucking retarded. One of my few complaints about the film.
>>
>>78282408

See but J.J. did right by Star Wars by doing Star Wars safely. If I wrote down the plot skeleton of ANH it would match up almost exactly to TFA. J.J. was dealing with an audience that worships the OT and considers the PT the worst movies ever made. And so he just remade one of the OT movies.

It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth that everyone is like J J DID IT HE SAVED STAR WARS. When all he did was remake ANH and throw tons of references to the OT every couple minutes. It wasn't BAD but it didn't do anything new or exciting either.
>>
File: 1449790659611.jpg (15KB, 310x283px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1449790659611.jpg
15KB, 310x283px
>>78282413
>>"SNOKE THE BASE IS BLOWING UP AND I'M STILL ON IT WHAT SHOULD I DO"
>>"get off it you moron, bring Kylo too"

Also, I hated Hux. He just seemed like such a geek. Kylo too. Phasma literally went into the trash. And what was the point of the assholes who showed up on Han's ship?

The antagonists were pathetic.
>>
>>78282413
Yeah, the movie puts a huge emphasis on the quest for finding Luke, then kind of takes a detour to deal with Death Star 3, and by the time that's they finally find look WHOOPS TIME'S UP ROLL CREDITS
>>
>>78282463
did you take this? can you dump some pages?
>>
>>78282385
I disagree, I thought Adam Driver had the best performance by far. He has really strong presence and was able to emote a lot by doing very little so it was subtle. He really conveyed a deeply broken and conflicted person in a way that I feel like was both incredibly effective and also perhaps completely missable by some not paying close enough attention.
>>
>>78282452
It didn't matter. Seemed like nothing really mattered.

No one really reacted to anything in any sort of meaningful way. Everything was moving too fast for any one scene to matter more than others. Shit tier pacing, JJ.
>>
>>78282452
Hell, they did a poor job of explaining anything about the Republic and the First Order.
>>
>>78282463
>Rakata Prime is canon according to this
does this mean KotOR is canon too?
>>
>>78282463
>New Republic is slow, inept, and unaware of the threat of the First Order

Bravo Mothma
>>
>>78282521

This was my biggest complaint. It feels like we missed a whole movie between VI and VII. Like go between III and IV and despite a huge time leap everything makes sense. There are no lingering questions or confusion at the end of the movie.
>>
>>78282556
No.
>>
>>78282556
The canonfags are about to jump down your throat, bro.
>>
Think I'm gonna shut off my brain and just enjoy TFA for what it was. I love the prequels so there's no reason I can't love TFA. I just gotta stop dissecting it.
>>
>>78282507
honestly, one of the best parts about the film is that there was no performance that you could point out and say "wow they really weren't good in this role". Today, I think Ridley was the best, but I can't come up with anything to say why Driver wasn't any better because he was spectacular as well
>>
>>78282499
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/3x9857/just_bought_the_visual_dictionary_and_incredible/

Here's more. Very interesting stuff. Most of the politics and worldbuilding was cut off from the movie, a bad move in my opinion.
>>
>>78282485
>hating Hux after that fucking A+ speech prior to the firing of Starkiller Base
>>
>>78282365
Loredumping cancer. Leave the world to be told in visuals.
>>
>>78282309
This is the description I've been looking for. Thanks anon.
>>
>>78282559
That's politics for ya.

>>78282601
That's what I ended up doing. Your nerves will thank you.
>>
>>78282617
There were no visuals
>>
>>78282617

But nothing was told is the problem.
>>
>>78281795
Honestly no, there's been far more interesting and developed villains. Like Maul and Ventress in TCW.

And Sheev is just fun.

THAT BEING SAID, I'm glad we have Kylo, he's batshit insane and I kinda' like that. Nice change of pace.
>>
>>78282606
I was just about to say, I really wish they explained more about the difference between the Resistance and the New Republic. That one page you posted was really interesting. I hope they explain more in the films rather than relying on other canon books

although I guess normies dont care about the world building which is why they didnt explain shit in TFA
>>
>>78282152
I feel the exact same way, and im choosing to like both TFA and the prequels for what they are and what they did right.

Life is too short to be angry and upset at my own favorite franchise.
>>
>>78282330
>making something that contains a fucking star, redirects the energy into several blasts, all shot through sub-Hyperspace and precisely aimed at targets lightyears away
>it being relatively easy to destabilize is surprising.
The power of a modern super-laser on earth can vaporize hardened steel, but whack it with a hammer in the right spot and it'll break. Do it well enough it might mid-direct the laser and hit its own internal components, and therefore explode when you try to fire it.
Nothing out of place there, that shit's delicate, and precise.
>>
Only thing i dind't understand about the Star Killer is how the hell was it that no one except for the bad guys knew about about it, everyone was surprised to know they have created a planet destroyer twice bigger than the last one.
>>
File: Obi-smug.png (656KB, 1280x544px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Obi-smug.png
656KB, 1280x544px
>>78282441
>Only Villains have accents in Star Wars.
Explain this motherfucker.
>>
>>78280964
>he thinks it takes critical analysis to realize the PTs are bad

Nothing to do with "thinking". It's an observable fact. The first reviews of TPM played the exact same tune now played for TFA.

Then butthurt fanboys started bitching so loudly all over Internet that reviewers were forced to play to the tune.
>>
>>78282652

Maul and Ventress in TCW are some of my favorite characters but it's kinda unfair they had an entire series. Kylo had one movie and the performance that was put on easily stole the show for me and made him one of my favorite villains.

With TCW saving Dooku and Maul's character we really don't have a bad villain in the series though.
>>
>>78282485
Hux was pretty bland. He felt like a Tarkin stand-in, but didn't have any moments where he demonstrated his authority, or where he demonstrated cruelty the way Tarkin did. Yes, he blow up a system, but what made Tarkin's act of mass destruction memorable was the way he dangled it in front of Leia, only to laugh in her face and tell her destroying Alderaan suited his goals so he was going to do it anyway.

Hux bitches at Kylo a few times, makes a big speech about how the Republic sucks (and the audience isn't given much context for what their beef is beyond "First Order Bad, Republic Good" which basically drains his speech of any real weight) and that's it. He's such a forgettable character.
>>
>>78282652
I laugh when the stormtroppers didn't go to him and simply and casually go away from fear of getting killed
>>
>>78282696
I agree, its too early to judge Kylo, but as it stands, he is a fantastic character and brilliantly acted, but simply not as interesting or developed as some of the other villains YET.

He has time to grow.
>>
So is the NR actually dead forever or did they just have their Washington hit by a nuke nobody expected Space Nazis to have?

Because the latter is how I read it (coupled with their demilitarization) but everyone in here keeps ragging on it being dead dead.
>>
>>78282679
If three guys manage to take down your entire shield system by ambushing ONE SUBSTATION, you have problems.
>>
>>78282680
Same reason no one knew about the Death Star: they didn't fucking advertise it.
And look where it is on the map >>78282463
No one would've ever known it was there.
>>
>>78282680
It was out in uncharted territory, so it's not like ships regularly went past it to get a view of it. They had to send Wexley over just to confirm that it was even there before launching the attack.
>>
>>78282686
He helped create Vader, he was he true villain of the prequels
>>
>>78282686
I stand by what I said.
>>
>>78282606
Yeah, I can sort of see why they would because they know that politics in Star Wars has gotten a bad reputation, but ANH- the movie that TFA is most trying to emulate- was able to do it without breaking the flow of the story. It gave enough exposition for you to understand why things are happening and then moved on. TFA is apparently so afraid to get into politics it completely forgets to give the audience any context, so it's just good guys and bad guys fighting for reasons that aren't explained.
>>
>>78282712
Yeah me and my cousin cracked up at that.

We also laughed when Kylo is shattering the computer and the Imperial Officer is pissing his pants.

And Kylo asks "anything else" and before the Officer can finish his sentence, he starts getting dragged.

That guy had a REALLY rough day.
>>
>>78282652
>Maul
>developed

Nigga had like two lines and then got cut in half.
>>
>>78282732
The main governing rule of the NR (Senate) is dead, so that pretty much cripples what's left of it.
>>
>>78282732
What was BTFO on Hosnian?

All/most of the senate?
All/most of the NR fleet?

I think they got rekt pretty bad
>>
>>78282732
Well base don the fact that the NR's capital is moved around, I'm sure it's "fine." They'll probably do emergency elections and have some reflection on the events.

Pablo said they had a UN-style defense fleet as well, so I think that wouldn't be hard to build again.
>>
>>78282742
The Death Star was a project supported by a galactic scale

The First Order seem to be schlubs who barely control a few thousand systems, how did they make a bigger one
>>
>>78282606

I'm not surprised desu. The movie was good but it felt like it was a vehicle for OT references and everything else was thrown to the side. We need a middle between the PT's exposition dumps and heavy focus on politics and lore and TFA's complete lack and total focus on the characters and nothing else.

It's clear that J.J. tried to remake ANH without knowing what exactly made it so good. He put none of the subtlety into it. The little things that made it feel like a living breathing galaxy. He just used set pieces really. Desert planet. Maz's Cantina. Not Death Star.
>>
>>78282785
Anon is talking about in TCW. Maul has several arcs to himself in that.
>>
>>78282740
Well phasma disabled it legitimately, but under illegitimate circumstances.
They didn't expect someone to fly a ship at light-speed into their fucking shield, and then hold up a high ranked officer at blaster-point, all on a base on a tiny planet in the ass-end of the unknown regions.
They had every reason not to be all that concerned about it.
>>
>>78282606
The general normie audience doesnt care about the politics, its one of the biggest complaints of the prequels.

They'll still have it all, it'll just be explained in the books, whereas the movies will focus entirely on the action/adventure and character drama.

>>78282785
He is in TCW too anon. He gets revenge on Obi-Wan, and then decides to create his own Empire with the intention of becoming a third faction in the war. Guy was sadistic and yet ambitious as fuck.
>>
>>78281846
Was this a thumbs up or a middle finger?
>>
>>78282463
It really bothers me that Coruscant is no longer the capital, like to an irrational degree. It just doesn't make any sort of sense and seems to only be the case of them distancing themselves from the prequels and perhaps to avoid having to make more CG renders of it with modern visuals. Not that I want more Senate shit or any significant amount of time to be set there in these films, but acknowledging it would be nice or maybe getting a few scenes showing the Republic leadership based there. Moving the Senate around between planets is just dumb, but maybe now that they got annihilated they'll move back there for safety.
>>
>>78282785
>in TCW
>>
>>78282804
Snoke must have something outside of the FO
>>
>>78282732
Hosnian Prime was the current capital(since it switches around) but basically the leaders were all taken out as well as the Senate and the Republics fleet.

Member systems/planets of the Republic can just vote a new capital and elect new Senators/ask former senators to temporarily fill in during this crisis.

They'd also need to rebuild the fleet, but that shouldn't be hard because it's only said that the NR had the largest defense force. Planets probably have their own forces which they'll pool together into a fleet to take on the First Order
>>
>>78282787
Majority if not all of the Senate (senators could have been off world doing other things) and an unknown amount of the NR fleet.
>>
File: 1449123224869.png (117KB, 500x500px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1449123224869.png
117KB, 500x500px
>>78282680
They made sure the side with the giant death laser never orbited in sight
>>
>>78282680
Well didn't they convert a remote planet
And on top of that isn't it able to fire across systems?
>>
>>78282785
Clone Wars
>>
>>78282804
Feverish political devotion to a fascist dictatorship. That built the autobahn in the 30's, you know?
>>
>>78282732
They're pretty damn crippled right now, and it feels like the FO get's the edge, for at least having it's leaders still alive. As for the NR, they lost their Senate and a good people and resources in that region.
>>
>>78282813
>one officer can turn off YOUR ENTIRE PLANETARY SHIELD

possibly even worse

>>78282838
I seriously doubt that the entire NR defense fleet was stationed at Hosnian Prime.
>>
>>78282804
Because this time they only converted a pre-existing planet instead of making a new one
>>
>>78282872
Yeah it's still really stupid, I just want the right stupid thing to be called out, is all.
>>
I wish Starkiller Base was something more original than just a very big laser.
>>
>>78282805
It was still a good and enjoyable movie. The Star Wars franchise has truly now revived.
>>
>dresses like his favorite character all the time while practicing with his homemade lightsaber that he can barely use

So basically Kylo is a teenage star wars fanboy
>>
>>78282905

But then it wouldn't literally be A New New Hope.
>>
Were those Star Destroyers orbiting the New Republic worlds?
>>
Does the Visual Dictionary have anything about Starkiller Base in it? Namely, what planet it was before turning into a weapon, to prove/debunk once and for all if it was Ilum?

>>78282905
But anon, it sucks up the sun as a power source!
>>
>>78282872
Certainly didn't look like it when it was getting blown up. There were a handful of large ships that I noticed, but certainly not the size fleet seen fielded by the Old Republic or Empire in previous films.
>>
>>78282872
I think it was, but it wasn't that large. Remember planets in the Republic probably have their own small fleets as well now. I think Mon Mothma's plans in the end are going to work. FO just kicked a hornet's nest and lost their spray can doing it.
>>
>>78282898
they wouldnt be able to move that though right? so the Death Star makes more since in some ways
>>
>>78282905
I don't know, the premise that it takes an entire sun and then fires it back out at lightspeed is cool
>>
File: senate.jpg (973KB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
senate.jpg
973KB, 3024x4032px
>He is not worried about the First Order, as long as the former Imperials are contained within their borders and are following the dictates of the Galactic Concordance

This is the guy that fucked up
>>
>>78282905
I wish the movie just didn't have a superweapon plot. It adds nothing to the movie and we're not even given much reason to care about it. The story should've focused on the search for Luke and leave the superweapon for another movie instead of trying to squeeze both plots into the same movie and ultimately weakening them both.
>>
>>78282919
He's literally an edgelord who praises a mass murderer for cleansing the Galaxy.

Kylo is literally /pol/
>>
>>78282919
He could use his saber fine.
You people act like he wasn't just shot, by the thing that was throwing fuckers meters away throughout the whole movie, in the gut.
He was winning until Rey went Force trust on him, and even then he was still defending himself well.
>>
>>78282927

>But anon, it sucks up the sun as a power source!

Hell, that's worse than the laser
>>
>>78282950
i want to see the old Empire fighting the FO at some point old galatic alliance style.
>>
>>78282941
Does it matter?
I mean it's clearly able to hit across star systems, which is probably the advantage. It's in first order space somewhere that nobody knows about and nobody could normally get to because it's guarded by their forces, instead of running around blowing planets up like the death star
>>
>>78282827
They had no problem rendering Hosnian Prime briefly, so it's not that. The film had plenty of other prequel references or callbacks, so it's not that either.

It's just part of the new canon. It makes sense too, since planets would be wary after 23 years of Imperial rule.

>>78282872
It was. The New Republic was mostly demilitarized and had a small fleet compared to the Galactic Republic and the Empire. The Hosnian System had all of the NR fleet and was destroyed by Starkiller Base.
>>
>>78282950
I don't even remember seeing him. I'm guessing he was among the crowd that was watching the big red flash that was coming to fuck them up.
>>
>>78282950
Look at Thanlis Depallo over there
>>
>>78282944
I like how it powers itself

But big laser? Not very interesting aesthetic
>>
>>78282905
I'm fine with it, it was cool looking and way more destructive. But they really better not do it again. 3 times is an absurd number of times to try the same exact plan, albeit the third time was vastly more successful than the previous 2. And that excuses it because the Death Star II was useless and only destroyed a single ship.
>>
>>78282611
Not surprised you enjoyed it. You're not very intelligent.

Hux was a bland little geek and his 'speech' reminded me of Sinestro's speech in the Green Lantern movie, in that it seemingly served NO purpose other than padding to make the trailer look cool.
>>
File: image.jpg (82KB, 639x611px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
82KB, 639x611px
reminder


Also, even besides the pic- I went in really wanting to like this movie, and I did until Han showed up. Then it just nosedived into oblivion.
2/10
The worst film i've ever watched in theaters.
The score was dogshit too. Rey's theme was good and that's it. Jedi Steps was shit.

I really don't understand how anyone could enjoy this disastrous miscalulation of a movie.
>>
>>78282974
>He could use his saber fine.
He really couldn't. It's not like Luke ever was taught that much, and on top of that it seems the Knights of Ren don't use them. He had basic training at best.
>>
I think I loved the entire movie until Rey suddenly became a badass lightsaber user.

Have Kylo about to kill her only for a green lightsaber to block the killing blow and the movie becomes 10x better. Or at least do a 2 on 1 against Kylo. It just made no sense.

Take out Starkiller too. Then you got a great movie.
>>
File: senate2.jpg (838KB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
senate2.jpg
838KB, 3024x4032px
>>78282950
Part 2. I gotta pick this book up myself
>>
>>78282958
I love it. He's like, what, 30 in character but Kylo's entire character is someone who hasn't had to evolve since he was 15. The tantrums, the affectations of control and gravitas, all of it. I love Kylo but he really is, as noted in interviews before, an unfinished villain. Which I only finally got when seeing him just spastically wreck a room in the movie.
>>
Why did they never make an animated series about the cast of the original trilogy?

Especially in the 80's you'd think they'd have been all over that.
>>
Anyone else kinda laugh at how Finn was wielding the lightsaber against Kylo like a competent Jedi and it was a legitimately impressive fight. And then Rey, force prodigy, comes in with the lightsaber and just kinda awkwardly pokes at Kylo while running backwards? It immediately took me out of the movie. It felt like their choreography guy played a joke on her.
>>
>>78283024
>it just made no sense
>but luke coming out of nowhere for no reason does make sense
>>
>>78283020
>posts EU fanboy image
>claims to have given TFA a fair chance
>>
>>78282672
> I really wish they explained more about the difference between the Resistance and the New Republic.

They do in the opening crawl.
>>
>>78281846
>Well Rey is the best character,
Only when compared to a literal piece of wood.
>>
>>78282814
>The general normie audience doesnt care about the politics, its one of the biggest complaints of the prequels
while I agree, I wish they explained things a simple as the difference between the Resistance and New Republic, but I'm autistic when it comes to what's going on in universe and world building
>>
>>78282950
>>78283029

i'm upset at just how inefficient the republic is. Get your shit together space politics
>>
>>78282074
this
The hate has not ruined the PT for me.
>>
>>78283029
>Traditional Ubardiani headress
>Sash of agreement
>SASH OF AGREEMENT
>That face

Oh God, my sides
>>
>>78283029

What's the book so I can pick it up too
>>
>>78283096
TFA Visual Dictionary
>>
>>78283029

>Taris

I love it
>>
>>78282487
>"Luke Skywalker? My name is Rey, I've come to find you, and I have a lot of questions to ask."
>"Okay."
>"First of all, why did-"
>DIRECTED BY J.J. ABRAMS
>>
>>78283067

How would it be out of nowhere? He's the strongest force sensitive in the galaxy and an entire solar system just got wiped out and then his best friend was murdered by another force sensitive. Luke definitely felt all of that he's just a little bitch now and stayed in his hermit cave.
>>
>>78283088
Do you think his sash helped him agree with death?
>>
>>78283088
That guy looks like he lost a bet
>>
>>78282805
>I'm not surprised desu. The movie was good but it felt like it was a vehicle for OT references and everything else was thrown to the side. We need a middle between the PT's exposition dumps and heavy focus on politics and lore and TFA's complete lack and total focus on the characters and nothing else.

That's where the live-action TV series is going to end up, obviously.
>>
>>78283088
I swear, half the things pointed out in those blurbs in this book are outright intentional comedy, so many of them are stupidly funny. Like the one pointing out Han's new jacket and how Leia didn't notice it was new. Like who the fuck is writing that with a straight face?
>>
>>78283024
>I think I loved the entire movie until Rey suddenly became a badass lightsaber user.

She didn't though. She was only able to hold her own because Kylo was fucked up majorly from Chewbacca's bowcaster shot(which was powerful enough to send FO Stormtroopers flying earlier in the film) to the side. Coupled with Snoke saying that Kylo's not completely trained, it's not hard to believe a force sensitive, staff-wielding woman could hold her own against him.
>>
>>78282742
But they DID know about the Death Star.

That's why they fucking stole plans to it so they could blow it up, you bitch.
>>
>>78283076
I didn't make the image
>>
>>78283147
It burned up, which symbolized that he did not agree with death and thus was no longer worthy of the sash
>>
>>78283147
His sash symbolizes his agreement to put on the fucking sash of agreement and stand in the background for a paycheck. His blank stare confirms that he's already accepted death.
>>
>>78282950
So, he's the Neville Chamberlain of the Star Wars universe?
>>
File: UNQUESTIONED.png (47KB, 311x176px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
UNQUESTIONED.png
47KB, 311x176px
>>78283175
These books were always like this. It's a tradition I love it. Also Pablo wrote this VD.
>>
File: winning smile.jpg (316KB, 1024x1816px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
winning smile.jpg
316KB, 1024x1816px
>>78283175
I see you're new to the Visual Dictionaries, they've always been full of this kind of stuff
>>
>>78280380
>>78283076
>someone criticizes TFA
>'y-you just didn't give it a fair chance you hater! ;_;'
>>
>>78282953
And miss out on the nostalgiabux?

For shame, anon. How would you have gotten all of those normie reviewers to jerk off to it if you didn't beat them over the head with the fact that it's a blatant ANH rehash?
>>
>>78283212
How long until Andi stops Pablo from drinking his coffee to ask about a one-off blurb from the book?
>>
>>78283180
Yeah. Rey has a bit of combat experience, Kylo's not fully trained and fairly heavily injured, it's not far-fetched
>>
>>78283064
Because they weren't sure what the plan for the franchise was gonna be post-Jedi, whether George would decide to keep going or not and they felt like a TV show based on the main crew would limit creative options for new films.

That's why Droids and Ewoks existed: 3PO and R2's past before the movies was fairer game and Ewoks were lucrative and off on Endor doing their own thing. They were popular characters, but not supremely important ones in the overall Star Wars story.
>>
>>78283203
You mean a forward thinking man who staved off war for a few years when his country couldn't take it but secretly set up the infrastructure for one afterwards?
>>
>>78283180
SoundtrackAnon, just because you provide us content doesn't mean you get a free pass for your terrible opinions.
>>
File: 145014536667.jpg (98KB, 600x800px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
145014536667.jpg
98KB, 600x800px
>>78283175
>Like who the fuck is writing that with a straight face?
>>
>>78283212
>>78283226

Please post more.

>>78283175

>(though Leia didn't notice.)
>Han Solo with a sad face

I laughed more than I should have.
>>
>>78283247
Unfortunately they'll never pick questions not directly related to Rebels to ask on Rebels Recon because asdfghkl
>>
>>78283262
How is a fact terrible opinion?
>>
File: poehithardtimes.jpg (75KB, 1400x933px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
poehithardtimes.jpg
75KB, 1400x933px
Does anyone know where Poe's adventure between the crash and showing up to save the day will be told? Is it gonna be a comic or what?
>>
>>78283233
Ignore them.
They are in denial. That's the only explanation.

The movie was outstandingly awful after the 20-30 minute mark, and it just kept getting worse until the end when the shot lingers on Rey holding out the lightsaber wayyyyy too fucking long THE END

Just garbage. Comparing the prequels to this is an insult to the Prequels.
>>
>>78283298
Quick, find blurbs that could be somewhat related to Rebels!
>>
I'm not sure who was most wasted, Max von Sydow or Gwendoline Christie.
>>
>>78283247
Andi has locked Pablo in her dungeon who will rescue him
>>
>>78283314
Apparently its in the tie-in
>>
>>78282820
Thumbs up, But I was thinking it could totally be edited to be a middle finger.

>>78282680
That's ridiculous.

The Star Killer was clearly more than ten times the size of the Deathstars.

I also think they might have been surprised the Empire would try this kind of thing... For a third time.

>>78282441
Dunno about that, but I could totally see Snoke wanting to break Rey's Darkside Virginity and ditch Ren.
>>
Can we just talk about this?
BEN TOOK THAT OP AS FUCK BOWCASTER SHOT
TO THE RIBS
AND WAS PRETTY MUCH OK
>>
>>78283320
>being cynical
>>
>>78283250
Just watch Rey be a trained Jedi that got mindwiped as to explain how she's just innately proficient in everything she does.
>>
>>78283320

How does it feel to be this deprived of joy.
>>
>>78283326
Tough one. Max's role could've been played by any old guy, it didn't really require much talent, but at least his role has SOME purpose. Every scene with Phasma could be replaced by different nameless stormtroopers and it wouldn't make any difference.
>>
File: R2.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
R2.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>R2 is "dreaming"

Woah
>>
>>78283076
Literally not an exaggeration.
>>
>>78283359
Did you not see him bleeding all over the place in his fight with Finn and Rey? I don't think that counts as "pretty much okay"
>>
>>78283359
>Gets stronger by hurting himself
>Able to take lots of Damage
>Has fairly defensive forxe abilities like stopping the blaster bolt

Kylo ren confirmed for party tank.
>>
>>78283314
Poe was found by Hondo Ohnaka's grandson, Pro'Fit Ohnaka. After mentioning Skywalker accidentally after a long drinking session, Pro'Fit recognizes the name from old Clone Wars stories Hondo told him and takes Poe to the Resistance base immediately to help.
>>
>>78283326
Max Von Sydow had 3 minutes of screen time and should have been either a villain or an old Jedi that Luke helped train. He's a legendary actor at this point, could have and should have been literally anything more. Gwendoline Christie isn't really wasted since her character's armor is the only thing outstanding about her anyway.
>>
>>78283359
I may have heard some metallic noises when he was punching his ribs like a retard, maybe he'll be revealed to have cybernetic enhancements.
>>
>>78282048
i want that purple stuff
>>
>>78283371
>>78283360
>did not enjoy the film
>'y-you guys just hate fun!'

Maybe we have fucking brains in our heads. Just because you giggle and clap at every nostalgia shot in the film doesn't mean everyone has to. I, personally want GOOD storytelling with my nostalgia bait. This film did not deliver.
>>
>>78283384
Does R2 dream of electric sheep?
>>
>>78283360
>being honest
Seriously though, I know 4chan is overly cynical a lot, so I thought the movie would be pretty good.
I seriously think it's one of the worst movies i've ever seen. It was so bad I was just waiting to lesve by the end.
So, so disgustingly, pathetically awful.

The strange part is that it's so objectively terrible that I don't see why anyone would want to pretend otherwise.
>>
>>78283410
Well theres the possibility that Von Sydow didn't want to be in the movie for long.
>>
>>78283257
I'm thinking more of the Appeasement Act/Munich Agreement thing, really. Letting something fester until it's too late.
>>
>>78283425
What if he's dreaming of his times with Anakin and Obi-Wan during TCW? Do you think he has overwhelming "waking up from a good dream to a worse reality" depression until he started up the map?
>>
Vader killing Ahsoka and the Clones when?
>>
>>78283371
>stock response
Why is it so hard to admit that it's awful?
You have no stake in it. Do you
>>
>>78282330
I still cant believe two guys took down the twin towers
>>
>>78283384
>C-3PO even finds ways to argue with him

Why is this so funny?

Also, nice that it's confirmed that R2 has not ever had his memory wiped.
>>
>>78283384
>R2 has never had his memory wiped
>literally has his memory wiped at the end of RotS
Way to go Pablo
>>
>>78283479
good goy
>>
>>78283492
That was 3PO that got wiped, m90
>>
>>78282365
The world is already huge as it is
>>
File: r2-d2 dagobah.jpg (25KB, 450x271px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
r2-d2 dagobah.jpg
25KB, 450x271px
>>78283425
>"Oh dear... Artoo says he has seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.. he watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. Oh, I can't bear to watch."
>>
>>78283479
Yeah, the fabled military base of the twin towers.
>>
>>78283492
Only Threepio has his memory wiped.
Way to go anon
>>
>>78283492
C-3PO had his memory wiped you imbecile.
>>
>>78283066
Finn is a soldier, he's more than willing to smash into a guy with a laser sword, and we know Stormtoopers use melee weapons.

Finn's only user her stupid staff, and isn't as confident in fighting - even still, her poking is more reminiscent of fighting with a staff.
>>
>>78283492
>didn't actually watch the movie
Bail specifically says the protocol droid
>>
>>78283421
>>78283438
>>78283472
>wonderful character interaction
>great humor
>great acting
>fantastic set design
>very well done action segments

>bad
>>
>>78283472

Because I recognize it has storytelling failures, but it was a good film nevertheless?

I mean, I went out of the theater wanting more Star Wars than ever. If it was an awful, horrible, no-good film, I wouldn't be here commenting on it.
>>
>>78283384
So... What's the deal with the shutdown? Did Luke tell him to do that before leaving? If R2 wasn't being a sperg everything would've been resolved much faster, what changed at the end that made him spontaneously come back?
>>
>>78280651
>I can't think of any negatives about the movie! It's still bad!

No need to think of something glaringly apparent.

-Rips off IV so much that a few minor changes would be enough to turn it into an outright remake.

-Absolute lack of visual imagination, whether we talk about landscapes or designs. Everything good is ripped from OT. Everything remotely original is not good. Things that had potential to be good, like the Starkiller base are completely vasted.

-Shitty cinematography that does not resemble Star Wars. Camera that cannot stand still. Lack of panoramic shots.

-Complete inability to give a character more than one dimension without shitting all over him/her. Rey and Poe have no characterization beyond skillz and generic heroism. Finn is a comedic stereotype of a nigger, despite being supposedly raised in a strict military environment, whose only motivation to do anything heroic is pussy. Darth Tryhard's quest for edgemastery is happening for absolutely no established reason. Han suddenly forgot everything he has learned in the OT and also got weak-willed enough to be badgered into attempting a task which he correctly believed to be futile. Leia grew into a bitchy wife who can only nag her husband into doing stuff. Luke fucked off to sulk while the First Order was preparing to murder billions. Hux proved to be a poor substitute for Tarkin when he ran to Snoke asking what to do the second something went wrong. Even Phasma managed to reveal herself as a gutless coward in the short time she had. Both sides are pigmies and twerps compared to heroes and villains of previous episodes.
>>
I hope no one minds if I post my own short review:
It wasn't as bad as I feared, it was enjoyable, and better than the prequels. They did hit some good balances in a lot of things, like Kylo being intimidating but also you could see he was clearly no Vader, a nice balance in the lightsaber fighting, etc. But I feel JJ played things 'too safe' and decided to just recycle a Lucas script than try to do too much of anything original. Also, too many held gaze shots between characters, after the second one I wondered how long it would be before 'staring movie' became a meme. Held gazes can be meaningful, but they should never break past the fifteen second mark without something happening. Also felt during the interrogation, Ren should have actually grabbed Rey's head to better fit the 'physicality' aspect of Darkside users.

tl;dr: 6/10, would watch again and am holding hope for the next installments.
>>
>>78283551
(cont.)


-The search for Luke made no fucking sense. Sure, there might be an explanation why Luke both wanted and not wanted to be found at the same time, but it was not presented in the film. (Inb4 you complain about unclear reasons for events in PT - the off-screen tax disputes were a McGuffin, a nominally plot-starting device that can be replaced with something else without impacting the plot at all, while motives for stuff that actually happened on the screen were perhaps even overexplained).

-Absolutely retarded, SoD-breaking shit happening SOLELY for plot convenience. The heroes on the Generic Forest Planet somehow seeing the destruction wrought by the Starkiller. Total absense of security on the First Order base (on DS I the villains wanted the heroes to escape). Falcon hyperspeeding right under the shield - sure doing that instead of going on a near-suicide mission with an infantry squad would have been handy on Endor! Shields on the Starkiller that can be turned off by a random infantry officer and cannot be turned back on from the main bridge. No fleet protecting the Starkiller (DS I was expected to be on a little more than a shakedown cruise with live fire exercises, the only problem with the Rebels was supposed to be finding them). No fleet attacking the Starkiller, just because they wanted to replicate ep IV point-by-point. I'm sure more can be found, but those are just the most glaring.
>>
>>78283544
>what changed at the end that made him spontaneously come back?

Rey being on the base is my guess
>>
>>78283535
>>wonderful character interaction
no
>>great humor
no
>>great acting
hell no, Leia was Days of our Lives tier
>>fantastic set design
sure
>>very well done action segments
*very stolen from ANH

>>bad
yes

>shit score
yes
>>
>>78283535
These are all true. But in the interest of fairness I'd like to add

>Mary Sue protagonist
>Autistic villain
>>
>>78283535
I agree with everything except set design. The only sets that didn't look plain were the Star Destroyer and Starkiller Base ones, but they were basically just copies of the old Star Destroyer and Death Star hallways and control rooms.
>>
File: thomas-pynchon.jpg (85KB, 620x410px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
thomas-pynchon.jpg
85KB, 620x410px
>>78283551
>Finn is a comedic stereotype of a nigger
Ah, I see what your deal is now.
>>
>>78283384
So that means that the only reason R2 woke up is because he finished defragmenting and has sorted all of his memories.

Also, I like how Luke had his fake skin removed from his robot hand. It makes him look cooler.

>>78283544
R2 was depressed because Luke left.

>what changed at the end that made him spontaneously come back?
He must've finished de-fragmenting and sorting.
>>
>>78283539
whatever
This is just insane
This movie is BAD
it's okay to admit it
>>
>>78283539
In comparison to everyone else who hated the film and is wasting no time in making their voices heard like this was Tumblr or something.
>>
>>78283251
That didn't stop them from making Rambo or Robocop cartoons.

And if you wanted to, you could just set it between 4 and 5.
>>
>>78283598
Well, when Rey saw Finn the first thing she did was chase him down and call him a thief... I was actually REALLY afraid there was gonna be a "Is it a race thing?" joke from him.
>>
>>78283607
Defragmenting, disk cleanup, virus scanning, malware scanning. Shit, R2 never should have been introduced to the holonet.
>>
>>78283556
Nice review, i think the same. This movie has actually made me a fan of this franchise now. hope they dont get to fuvk up
>>
>>78283582
Rey isnt a mary sue and theres nothing wrong with an autistic villain.
>>
>>78283551
>>78283568
fucking spot on
>>
>>78280441
wait what? it got blown the fuck up with 3 other planets/moons. the seat of the republic has always been Coruscant for thousands of years
>>
>>78283698
Nope. That was Hosnia prime.
>>
>>78283698
That was Hosnian Prime and the Hosnian System. Coruscant doesn't have any moons I think
>>
>>78283698
Have you not been following this thread?
>>
>>78283650
Yeah, she's just super good at fighting, flying, fixing, is super pretty, misses only her first ever blaster shot and then has dead-eye accuracy, everyone who meets her instantly likes her and has immense Force powers.

Totally not a Mary Sue.
>>
File: 5NTIYm9.jpg (929KB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
5NTIYm9.jpg
929KB, 3024x4032px
>>
>>78283647
Don't kill yourself.
Sorry i said that.
>>
>>78283718
It did in the old EU at least. Didn't Palpatine have cloning facilities on it?
>>
>>78283698

>>78282463
The capital of the New Republic is now the Random System. It took all emotional impact from me too when I learned about it. At first I was like YOU ABSOLUTE MADMAN, YOU DESTROYED CORUSCANT and then it was like... eh...

Weak point.
>>
So who's gonna win the Reybowl?

Poe or Finn?

Finn already has the lead, and Poe's only interaction with Rey is in the novelization.
>>
>>78283598
>Ah, I see what your deal is now.

Stating the obvious? I'm not the one who made him only doing heroic things because of pussy or inserted humor based on the nigger stereotypes, from the moment he meets Rey to the moment they catch Phasma.
>>
>>78283762
BB-8
>>
>>78283698
Hosnian Prime got BTFO because the New Republic thinks changing the capital to a new planet would be brave and bold and letting the enemy do their thing and not step in when they should is a good idea.

Besides, Coruscant is a core world that still belongs to the Empire and I don't think the First Order and the Empire are at war with each other
>>
>>78283726
Nope. I saw that and I was all "The fuck, the establishing shot was a city, and they said they were attacking the Republic", so I put 2 and 2 together. It comes up as 6 apparently
>>
>>78283743
Wats the suppose to mean
>>
>>78283762
Finn seems like a comedic brother

Did you see their antics
>>
>>78283762
Didn't she already call him his friend? He's done. Friendzoned in the first movie.
>>
>>78283738
Just from reading that I want to see more of Phasma. She seems, out of all the Star Wars characters, to be the most dedicated to her forces.
>>
>>78283738
Just makes how she was portrayed in TFA more insulting. If she really is coming back in 8, they better make up for it.
>>
>>78283727
Considering shes gifted with the force and gew up having to survive in horrible conditions most of those are justified.

Itd be like calling my nigva Paul Atreides a mary sue
>>
>>78283777
Isn't the FO the last Imperial remnant left?
>>
>"There's been an awakening. Have you felt it?"
>>
Did anyone else get super happy about that one Stormtrooper with the eletrotonfa that fought Finn? Just a legit good-at-his-job Stormtrooper, don't see that every day.
>>
File: 45689.png (138KB, 350x350px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
45689.png
138KB, 350x350px
>>78283762
To be honest I think Rey is gonna fly Solo.
>>
It's a shame that there are a ton of normies out there that will forever think Coruscant was blown up.
>>
>>78283777

>Besides, Coruscant is a core world that still belongs to the Empire and I don't think the First Order and the Empire are at war with each other

That isn't confirmed anywhere.
>>
>>78283762
Poe is clearly going after Finn though
>>
>>78283791
Oh i deleted my post saying kill yourself, and in case you saw it, i was apologising.
>>
>>78283777
The Empire doesn't exist anymore. It withered away after the Battle of Jakku. The First Order is the successor to (and a remnant of), it.
>>
>>78283834
>implying normies even know the name Coruscant
>>
>>78283807
Justified or not, some other negative trait other than "Ran away for a bit that one time" to balance out the character would be appreciated.
>>
>>78283836
>Besides, Coruscant is a core world that still belongs to the Empire
This is confirmed, the rest isn't.

>>78283859
They watched the prequels, of course they know it.
>>
>>78283738
wtf her armor is made of padmes ship
>>
Guy what's the name of that Asian X-wing pilot? is this a new trend where there's always a token cutey asian pilot? I just recently found out that Angelababy plays as pilot too in Independence Day 2
>>
>>78283834
To be fair, those are the same people who saw Hellboy at the end of The Avengers.
>>
>>78283859
They do. It's why Korriban was renamed Moraband, because they sound too similar for normies. Lucas didn't want them confusing the two.
>>
>>78283881
Jess Pava, I believe
>>
>>78282468

Yeah, I thought it was pretty lame how the opening credits didn't talk AT ALL about the new republic. I wasn't actually that wowed by the opening credits but I think the movie was alright over all. Maybe it'll grow on me a little but it'll probably never have the same effect as the original trilogy since I watched those when I was a kid. It looked pretty great though.
>>
>>78283881
shut up
>>
>>78283892
SoundrackAnon, you've officially made it to shitposter status.
>>
>>78283881
Her name is Token Chink ;^)
>>
>>78283933
Because I stated a fact? That's literally the reason why the name was changed.
>>
>>78283950
Just embrace it anon, it comes with using a tripcode.
>>
>>78283950
>fact
What is it with you and this word?
Just kill yourself and livestream it please fæm
>>
>>78283384
C-3PO is Varys
>>
File: 61.jpg (96KB, 900x1165px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
61.jpg
96KB, 900x1165px
Reaven when?
>>
>>78283967
Eh, alright. It's all in good fun.

>>78283969
It's a fact that you should we repeatedly beaten with a dictionary filled with the word "fact" in every language.

>>78283982
>mispelling Revan
>implying that Revan will even become canon
>>
>>78283850
Poe is after that Asian girl in his squadron actually.
>>
File: 62.jpg (83KB, 800x793px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
62.jpg
83KB, 800x793px
>>78284007
forgive me senpai
>>
>>78284007
Dont kill yourself it was just a joke
>>
>>78283950
What an indignant piece of shit you are.
>>
>>78283738
I don't care what anyone says I'm still a Phasmafag
>>
File: Big Boss 3P0.png (376KB, 354x537px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Big Boss 3P0.png
376KB, 354x537px
>>78283384
>3P0 created a droid spy army that he commands
>>
>>78284007
Whats the ETA on the soundtrack mega being completed?
>>
>tfw fighting the urge to find and play KOTOR now

>>78284044

maybe now it'll be possible to find some black series action figures
>>
>>78284058
never
>>
>>78284044
into the garbage with you just like phasma
>>
>>78284044
Badass armor, useless person inside. Fitting for the leader of Stormtroopers really. You are more than welcome to go live with her in the trash bin though, I'm sure she'd enjoy the company
>>
>>78284053

How did I miss that, that's actually badass.
>>
>finn went from trying to run from the first order to going all the way back to their super weapons
>hurr no character development

stop
>>
>>78284078
fuck you
>>
File: starwarsII_8078.jpg (247KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
starwarsII_8078.jpg
247KB, 1920x1080px
And I just realized I've been posting as SountrackAnon instead of SoundtrackAnon...

>>78284025
Surrender now, and your life shall be spared.

>>78284030
Too late

>>78284033
<3 you too

>>78284058
Hopefully soon. I'm waiting on this dude to finish up his set of custom covers for the saga so I can have the thread vote on whether or not to use them. He just needs to release his RotJ and TFA ones, though I can probably hold the vote after RotJ and then just choose the matching cover for TFA when he releases them

>>78284078
Nice try.
>>
>>78284053
JJ confirmed for MGS fanboy?
>>
File: pBR5bw1.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
pBR5bw1.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>
>>78284150
never
>>
>>78284191
unf
>>
>>78282606
>Most of the politics and worldbuilding was cut off from the movie, a bad move in my opinion.

THERE WERE LITERALLY NO POLITICS IN THE OT. NONE. WHY DO YOU WANT A STORY ABOUT AN ESSENTIALLY SMALL GROUP OF CHARACTER MIRED BY POLITICS 101!?!
>>
>>78284065
I still need to finish KOTOR2. Got as far as the part where Visas joins the party, but I got distracted by real life issues.
>>
>>78284053
I wonder if that's part of why Luke didn't keep Artoo with him. Obviously Artoo could be tracked somehow, since they always stayed together.
>>
>>78284179
He does own a Big Boss figurine
>>
>>78284205
Because it's interesting.
>>
>>78284191
The Finalizer was sexy-af in TFA. Hope we see more of it and other ships from the Resurgent-class in the future.
>>
>>78284191
>Resurgent-class Star Destroyer
Subtle.
>>
>>78284191
That scene at the beginning with Poe and Finn's TIE flying through the front section were great.
>>
>>78284191
They're using kyber crystals in their turbolasers now? Neat
>>
>>78284221

No, basic politics is not interesting. Especially in the space opera about adventure. There are plenty of good political thrillers you can watch.
>>
>>78282686
He became more powerful than you can possibly imagine
>supremeleadersnoke.png
>>
>>78284221
I think it's interesting too, but probably better suited for books in most cases.
>>
>>78284267
>my opinions are facts
not so gud 1 2 b h
>>
>>78284205
>THERE WERE LITERALLY NO POLITICS IN THE OT.

But what if the Rebel Alliance continues to gain support in the Imperial Senate? What about the bureaucracy? How will the Senate react to the Empire seizing a diplomatic ship?

You're an idiot.
>>
>>78284205
>Empire existing is a thing
>no Politics
There was always implied politics in Star Wars, it was just never the focus, dont be silly.

Politics in Star Wars isn't a bad thing. Look at how fun Sheev was. And I love the stuff on Mandalore in TCW.
>>
>>78282485

>the antagonists should never face challenges especially inexperienced ones like kylo and hux

loving this meme

also, you totally missed the point of that scene.
>>
>>78284283
B T F O
T
F
O
>>
>>78284267
>STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE

When will you faggots go back to /tv/?
>>
>>78284283

A single fucking line, the same amount as in TFA.

>>78284298

Most of /co/ likes the movie.
>>
>>78284294
>putting words in his mouth
not loving this meme
>>
>>78284191
>>78284250
>"Harvested from a source deep within the unknown regions"
Could this be the real Ilum, or another planet similar to it?
>>
>>78284315
>a single fucking line
'no'
>>
>>78284315
>A single fucking line, the same amount as in TFA.
So you've never watched ANH
>>
>>78284325
We know that, while rare, some planets do have kyber crystals(ex: Utapau and Lothal). It's probably not Ilum, but rather a planet similar to it or the previously mentioned ones.

It's also probably worth saying that it's confirmed that Starkiller Base wasn't Ilum, because it didn't have the kyber crystal explosion color and effect.
>>
>>78284347
>>78284339

>mfw I'm not eternally butt-ravaged because the political stuff was in the novelization.
>>
>>78284205
>THERE WERE LITERALLY NO POLITICS IN THE OT. NONE
IV-dealing with Leia was going to be an issue until the dissolution of the senate
V-Lando only did what he did because he was in charge of cloud city. Even then he had to set things up for Lobot to take over before he could bail everyone out
VI-Luke used Huttese politics to his advantage to plant R2 and 3PO in Jabba's palace for his plan to work.
>>
>>78284387
>needing read a book to understand a popcorn flick
nah
>>
File: GenCassioTagge-ANH.png (627KB, 600x800px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
GenCassioTagge-ANH.png
627KB, 600x800px
>>78284283
>What about the bureaucracy?

How?! How does the Emperor plan to maintain control without the bureaucracy?! He can't be thinking of giving the regional governors DIRECT control over their territories! Could he?
>>
>>78284233
>A whole class of SD
>One single ship
What.
>>
>>78284411

I didn't need to read the book, I did it for enjoyment. It just confirmed what was already implied in the film.
>>
>>78284315
>A single fucking line

Do you not pay attention to movies when you watch them?

>Most of /co/ likes the movie.

Do you also not pay attention to /co/ when you post here?
>>
>>78284426
It's a whole class, but only one has been produced.
>>
>>78284411
That logic works for basically everything but Star Wars, where the books are actually necessary for movies.

>>78284426
It makes sense in a way. First and only of it's kind would require it's own class distinction. We don't know if there are others, or if they are built the same, yet.
>>
>>78284432
>needing a book to give info that should have been a big focus if the film
>>
>>78284413

>4 sentences
>all dem politics
>>
>>78284455

>the senate being weary of going to war is a BIG FOCUS in a story about Rey and Finn and han and leia's family
>>
File: Dainejir.png (395KB, 480x640px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Dainejir.png
395KB, 480x640px
>>78284413
But what if word gets out that we've attacked a consular ship? And that we're holding Leia Organa prisoner? It could generate sympathy for the Rebellion in the Senate.
>>
>>78282814
>They'll still have it all, it'll just be explained in the books, whereas the movies will focus entirely on the action/adventure and character drama.

I can live with that. Still get the action of Star Wars with MUH WORLDBUILDING. And in the books, they can go into greater detail.
>>
>>78284449
>>78284451
It just seems a little early.
>>
>>78284459
Don't forget Tarkin's lines about the emperor disolving the senate as well as Leia's stuff- the imperial senate will not sit still for this/im a member of the imperial senate on a diplomatic mission

way more than TFA
>>
>>78284511
oh and this
>>78284488
>>
>>78284504
Why? How is it "early" to create a class designation? Just because a car only gets a single prototype or a very limited production doesn't mean they don't name it.
>>
>>78284488
>>78284511
Also that the Moffs will take direct control of their systems, something that obviously had ramifications in bringing about the First Order
>>
Wow holy shit people weren't kidding about Ren being a sperglord. Least intimidating "sith" ever.
>>
>>78284511
>way more than TFA

I like how literally all six movies provided you with more information about the state of the galaxy than TFA did.

Yes, there's background in the opening crawl, but none of the other movies relied entirely on it to give the set up for the whole fucking movie.
>>
>>78284488

Still less than a minute of dialogue.

all dem politics.
>>
>>78283504
Underrated post
>>
>>78284538
True enough.
>>
>>78284542
He isn't a Sith. Not sure if that's what you meant with the quotations, but yeah.
>>
>>78284552
this

>>78284553
(You)
>>
>>78284542

he's not a sith, and his intimidation factor comes in with in instability.
>>
>>78282298

Finn as a character makes zero sense though. He's too quirky and comic relief for a character that somehow managed to break away from a lifetime of conditioning. All he knows is the first order but everything he does after leaving them doesn't fit that.

He was upset about all the death in his intro scene but once he decides to leave be is a OK with slaughtering troopers he himself acknowledged were victims taken from their families and conditioned to serve.

Also he was taken as a baby yet being conditioned didn't take? How? It's all he knows and I feel like there were tons of holes. He was also way to emotional and loud. Screaming "now that's what I'm talking about!" As loud as he can just makes me cringe and things like lying to Rey about who he is feel pointless. He feels like two characters shoved into one.

Rey knowing how to pilot was really the only thing close to sueish that doesn't apply to almist all SW movie characters. It makes sense she's good with tech because she's a junker who works with the stuff nonstop. The problem is Han should have known her longer. Force sensitive are essentially Newtypes in this movie right down to the autism.

The flat editing didn't help this movie honestly. It amazes me that Kylo Ren being Han's son was just casually dropped with no ceremony. It was a big question heading in. Poe not being dead was similarly just thrown away. They just show him in the X-Wing and namedrop him. Like why fake his death at all if it amounts to zero drama or suspense? Phasma is the biggest waste though and exists solely for having a named trooper to make toys of.
>>
>>78284584

yeah i couldn't really think of what to call him, maybe sith apprentice would have been more appropriate.

>>78284599
but he wasn't intimidating, him sperging out on death star planet was made out to be a joke. The audience is just laughing at him at that point.
>>
>>78283396
I mean, he didn't die immediately. So that's pretty good
>>
>>78284604
>managed to break away from a lifetime of conditioning.

This literally happens in real life. Some people simply aren't as malleable as others, and Finn has a natural strong moral code.
>>
>>78284604
don't forget
>train a guy
>assign him to sanitation
>reassign him to front lines for reasons
>>
>>78284655
>yeah i couldn't really think of what to call him, maybe sith apprentice would have been more appropriate.
He's a dark side acolyte/user.

The Sith are dead. Extinct. They died out with Sidious and Vader in RotJ.
>>
>>78284655
He's just a "Knight of Ren". That's what the new darksiders are being called.
>>
Guys, what if LSG brings back that whole "IG-88 in the second Death Star thing", but with Chopper instead?
>>
>>78284604

Are you literally asking why Finn is willing to attack Stormtroopers that are trying to kill him, kidnapping his new friend, and part of an organization he realizes is evil and states so in the film.
>>
>>78284665

Which is fine but the movie makes zero effort to explore this. And those that exist in real life are not as well adjusted as Finn. It doesn't factor into his character nearly as much as it should if you take it away you still have mostly the same person and that's a problem.
>>
http://sendvid.com/i0q9ybuc

lightsaber vision scene

Some are speculating that it was Kylo that left kid Rey on Jakku and supposedly the novel states that Kylo knows who Rey is. If Rey is Luke's kid, Kylo would have felt compassion towards his cousin to spare her, and maybe save her from another KOR that was about to kill her, and leave her on Jakku with MVS's character who knows Leia and who Kylo really is.
>>
>>78284665
Yeah, all of that really came through in his characterization. NAHT
>>
>>78284681

All the stormtroopers do saniation as part of rotation... like a regular military.
>>
>>78284665
Not that guy, but supposing Finn's moral code was developed through nurture rather than nature, having spent his entire life under the care and training of the Order, it wouldn't make sense.
However, it could also be a matter of him having developed that code through his interpretation of the Order's training. But that's never explained, which is also a problem.
>>
>>78284707
Chopper was Starkiller Base.

Before it blew up, he transmitted his programming into the dead shell that was once R2-D2. That's why he suddenly "wakes up."
>>
>>78284707
Y'know what, I wouldn't mind. Chopper is fun, him being a menace is his shtick.

Whereas IG-88 was just being pushed as "omg badass killer hax0r robutt"
>>
I'm not even joking when I say that I thought Finn/Poe was going to be a thing in the movie.

>Dat jacket scene.
>>
>>78284604
>He's too quirky and comic relief for a character that somehow managed to break away from a lifetime of conditioning.

If only he had a more discernible arc that provided more character and we got to see more that lead up his decision to walk away from everything he ever knew.

If only there was another movie with a character like that...
>>
>>78284723
>shoot these civilians
>doesn't do it

You're not good at watching movies.
He's a morally upright guy, and this is shown by his actions when he tries to help Rey when he sees her being assaulted by the gangsters.
>>
>>78284770
Well they do go running to embrace each other...
>>
>>78284709

No I'm pointing out that a victim just ignores the fact that he's killing fellow victims after stating they were all stolen from their families and brainwashed. He had issues with violence in his intro and than we see him impaling footsoldiers and shrugging it off without a care.

That's shitty character writing.
>>
>>78284789
>watching movies
>taking skill
ok bud
>>
>>78284604

finn was the best character. rey was a straight up mary sue. she shouldn't have been able to do a something as complex as a jedi mindtrick with out guidance.

let me remind you, luke was only able to use the force with guidance from obi-wan in ANH.
>>
File: 1438059591269.jpg (65KB, 672x434px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1438059591269.jpg
65KB, 672x434px
>>78283359
>>78283399
>MFW he stopped that fucking blaster bolt
And that was when I knew I liked him. I'm hoping whatever Snoke does to him between this film and the next turns him into even more of a fucking beast.
>>
>>78284787
>there's actually a Mad Max shitposter in these generals

I mean holy shit. I'd understand if you shitposted these threads as a Trekkie.
>>
>>78284751

He's simply a very good-natured, dude. He didn't totally buy-in to the First Order's propaganda

This is very fucking clear when Kylo senses his unwillingness to follow FO orders and immediately knows he's going to defect.

How do you miss these cues?
>>
Good news. The guy released his RotJ covers. Now, I can either

A. Hold a vote regarding the covers now, and choose the matching TFA cover when he releases them, and begin uploading the soundtracks 1-2 days from now.
B. wait a few more days to see if he releases the TFA covers
>>
>>78284891
>not liking Mad Max

Witness this faggot.
>>
>>78284818
I'm also wondering why, despite apparently knowing exactly what he's been trained for and even being aware that the First Order has a giant superweapon designed to kill billions, being part of a squad that kills innocent civilians is apparently the first time he's questioned this.

Maybe they could had him say that he'd been questioning this for a while and actually experiencing it first-hand was what made him commit to leaving, but we're not given much information and the movie's pace moves him pretty quickly through his story without much time to explain.
>>
>>78284891
What's wrong with Mad Max?
>>
It was a good movie. I'm glad most of /co/ enjoyed it as well.
>>
>>78284912
Or
C. You could leave.
>>
>>78284912
Uploading the soundtracks sooner rather than later might be a better idea with holidays coming up.
>>
We know we can tell you're from /tv/, right?
>>
>>78284935
good meme
>>
File: 13508974504441.jpg (19KB, 306x427px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
13508974504441.jpg
19KB, 306x427px
>>78284842
What if she had training as a young kid but was made to forget one way or another? What if she had this power inside but being unaware of it meant she could never use it intentionally? And when she touched the lightsaber and remembered her past, her ability to use the force awakened?

>The Force Awakens

Poetry
>>
>>78284805
And he gave him his jacket like a football gives his letterman jacket to his cheerleader girlfriend.

>>78284891
>Not liking Mad Max.
Who hurt you anon?
>>
File: 1435679195897.png (366KB, 600x759px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1435679195897.png
366KB, 600x759px
>>78284891
Mad Max is never shitposting. Stay butthurt, bitch.
>>
>>78284818

He had trouble with killing innocents, not killing people who were trying to kill him that he KNOWS are brainwashed since he saw them mow down innocent civilians.

And consider the fact, that he doesn't want to fight until they kidnap Rey.

There's nothing he can do.
>>
>>78284959
Jim_Carrey_talkin_to.exe
>>
>>78284891
Been happening for quite a bit, actually.
>>
>>78284989
>Who hurt you anon?
shit meme for females t b h
>>
>>78284859

The telling point is that he does it effortlessly and without having to concentrate on it.
>>
>>78284789

But why? How? He isn't some kid who joined willingly. He was taken as a baby and raised to be a solider. He was nurtured to be loyal to the order but for some reason it doesn't take. Why? It's not really touched on its just glosses over like its no big deal much like his modal code after the intro his moral code disappears. He lies to impress he only helped Rey because she didn't view him as a weapon. He only didn't run because she was taken. And he put millions at risk for her by lying about being able to turn the weapon off. He probably would have ignored it if Han wasn't there. In what world is this a good character his arc is nothing but plot hole after plot hole.
>>
>>78284918
>>78284932
>>78284989
glad i'm not the only one who did notice the mad max gimmick poster

dude we get it it's an okay movie, but you don't have to shill it in a star wars general
>>
>>78283738
I wished she shot down a few x wings or she would put up a good brawl fight against Fin, Chewie and Han and almost winning. the whole infiltration thing was cake for them.
>>
>>78284989
I'm not saying they're my OTP.

But they're my OTP.
>>
>>78285065
>not liking /tv/
Who hurt you anon?
>>
>>78285061
I think you missed what people are saying.
>>
>>78285061
>it's an okay movie

It's a better movie.
>>
>>78284927

It's obvious he never bought into it in the first place. He just obeyed because he had no other choice. He knows about the weapon, and that's why he wants to run to the unknown regions.

Seriously, watch less anime. I can tell you're an /m/ poster by your lack of understanding.
>>
>>78285095
/tv/
>>
File: 1435679229440.jpg (1MB, 800x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1435679229440.jpg
1MB, 800x1080px
>>78285061
>it's an okay movie

It's a great movie.
>>
>>78284927

They write him as if he signed up himself without realizing what he was doing.

And why is there a resistance? The First Order should be the new Rebellion and Leia and co should be the actual military or something. They are resisting a terrorist organization that holds no political power. Why is it not just the alliance? Because they were rebels in the ot? Because that's all I got. World Building was shit in this movie it was all throwaway lines.
>>
File: 142363245409278.gif (2MB, 259x202px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
142363245409278.gif
2MB, 259x202px
>>78285119
>complaining about anime on 4chan
>>
>>78285044

natural inborn goodness.

It isn't any complicated than that. Do you want me to give you real examples of soldiers raise from birth in heinous regimes that refused to follow terrible orders and defected?
>>
>>78285176

I'm complaining about an shitty /m/ poster who has trouble understanding a simple Star Wars movie.
>>
>>78285163
Because they're resisting an invading force. The Galaxy is France, the First Order is Germany.
>>
Rey is:

A professional scavenger
Mechanic
Pilot
Staff weapon combat user
Climber and rapeller
Fluent in more than one language
Blaster user and perfect shot
Force user
Lightsaber weapon duelist
>>
File: 1450304461712.png (296KB, 649x649px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1450304461712.png
296KB, 649x649px
>>78285198
>this guy again.
>>
>>78285267

the biggest flaw with the film.

how the fuck does she speak droid and wookie?
>>
>>78285206

I could accept that I guess I would rather an army being a touchy subject in a post clone/Trooper society and the resistance having to protect people in secret but they treat details like that as pretty much unnecessary. It just feels weird to have a movie that says the Rebels win and the Empire is weak and rebelling themselves now but contradict it by making the First Order feel like the bigger army.
>>
>>78285061
>dude we get it it's an okay movie
Best fucking action movie of the millennium so far.
>>
>>78285267
To be fair, most people in Star Wars tend to be several of those at once.

The only ones I thought were just too much were her expert piloting through difficult obstacles, her perfect aim (after apparently not even being familiar enough with a blaster to get it to work at first) and her sudden ability to use the mind trick. Even the duel is helped by the fact that Kylo's in bad shape by the time he fights her.
>>