[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/gfg/ - Gravity Falls General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 537
Thread images: 141

File: GoodbyeGravityFalls6.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
GoodbyeGravityFalls6.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>>/co/gfg
Speedy Beaver's Sad Interior Edition

Previous Thread:
>>77928838

>Next episode: Early 2016, "Weirdmageddon III" 1 HOUR SERIES FINALE

BRAND NEW PROMO 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CegyM58_-ZE

ALEX CONFIRMS THE SHOW IS COMING TO AN END:
http://shmalexsmirsch.tumblr.com/post/133619326491/goodbye-gravity-falls

SHOP AT HOME WITH MR. MYSTERY
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqu1KOkjaPsbmNw-5gVV8msSUkyonwTwK
'POCALYPSE PREPPIN'
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqu1KOkjaPsb0Te44XQcTHalj5PlmWFP8

>"Weirdmageddon Part II: Escape From Reality" 1080p WEBrip Download:
https://mega.nz/#!75JQAJqa!1nIIJUFgRj14qPXUqGR9CeluU9VQTbT4-34JBDjUZ3I

Buy "Gravity Falls: Legend of the Gnome Gemulets"!
games.disney.com/gravity-falls-legend-of-the-gnome-gemulets

Brad Breeck's soundcloud, includes the show's soundtrack:
https://soundcloud.com/bradbreeck

More Downloads:
http://pastebin.com/w0rkRNfy

Fanart:
Archive (NSFW): http://gravityfalls.booru.org
Draw Room (gfg): http://skycow.us/whiteboard.swf (Come jerk with us!)

Mysteries/Lore:
Decoding: http://themysteryofgravityfalls.com
More decoding: http://rumkin.com/tools/cipher/
Cryptograms: http://gravityfalls.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_cryptograms

Don't screw up the OP.
>>
It looks like I was too late
>>77952979
>>
First for The Sqoou did nothing wrong .
>>
>>77953000

Trips tell truths.
>>
>>77952996
see
>>77953031
>>
File: goodbye_by_Dominica666.png (350KB, 867x768px) Image search: [Google]
goodbye_by_Dominica666.png
350KB, 867x768px
Reposting Dominica's art
>>
File: 1442906323647.png (363KB, 638x654px) Image search: [Google]
1442906323647.png
363KB, 638x654px
>>77953000
>>77953058

Anons, please. We have a fresh new thread. Let's try to make it slightly less terrible than the last one.
>>
>>77953000
Literally who
>>
File: boxinglesson.png (288KB, 862x800px) Image search: [Google]
boxinglesson.png
288KB, 862x800px
>>77953097
Dominica's other art from last thread.
>>
Can we get back to talking about wanting to fuck prepubescent white boys
>>
File: IMG_0192.jpg (166KB, 1198x696px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0192.jpg
166KB, 1198x696px
Have we've been getting fucked with by an interdimensional leprechaun this whole time?
>>
>>77953311
>just the white boys

I don't know, man, probably not. That lone Nate poster is pretty vocal.

Dqg wkhq wkhuh'v wkh jrdw jxb.
>>
File: 180.png (31KB, 180x164px) Image search: [Google]
180.png
31KB, 180x164px
>>77953311

whoa. Nice double dubs bro. Awesome !
>>
>>77953311
I'd rather talk about turning into prepubescent white boys and being hit on by older dominant girls who are still technically underage too so it's okay if something happens.
>>
>>77953097
Man, this shit is beyond adorable.
>>
File: Alex Hirsch.jpg (75KB, 396x594px) Image search: [Google]
Alex Hirsch.jpg
75KB, 396x594px
>>77953362

Yes.
>>
>>77953000
>>77953400
These are sqoou.
>>
>>77953405
Id rather turn into Pacifica, buy Dipper, then make him my pool boy slave who sneaks into my room every night and kekolds my father
>>
>>77953462

So what ? Oh noez, he's lurking like we said.

The fuck is even wrong with you?
>>
File: imready.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
imready.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>77953416
I have a strong feeling that's what going to happen in the end.
>>
>>77953493
This is sqoou as well.
>>
File: Damage Control.png (71KB, 1354x467px) Image search: [Google]
Damage Control.png
71KB, 1354x467px
>>77953462
Seems like it.

In any case. If you're still around and reading this Sqoou, the easiest way to make everyone not hate you, is to just stop ever using the name.

You are on an anonymous image board.
Use that fact to your advantage. If you never write Sqoou again, and just post like a normal person, then everyone will forget you exist and you can be a part of /gfg/ just like every other anon here.

>>77953526
Dude, you know it's just gonna be Shipless Dip.
Pacifica will get three lines, and then stop being relevant.
>>
>>77953472
This, desu
>>
>>77953557

Please don't derail another thread just because you have issues with me.

I tried to share theories with /co/ and they requested I stop.

I did. You should too.
>>
>>77953617

I picked that up a few threads back. Thanks for the advice.

If I have something specific to share from that internet persona, then I'll use the name.
>>
>>77953294
>>77953097
I'll continue tomorrow guys, sorry... You really cheered me up, and I'm thankful for your support to no end.

Thank you Nontoxic <3

>>77951191
I really enjoyed reading this... Even though I use a trip, I still engage in discussion as an anon... I wouldn't want Dominica to constantly shine when I want to reply something simple to somebody (sometimes I accidently do though). I guess I can understand why people dislike trip names... I'm not sad to admit I lurk here everyday (Y) [I don't want gf to enddd...]
>>
File: image.jpg (261KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
261KB, 1280x1280px
so, what do the lorefriends think of this?
>>
>>77953655
Best just not to respond to it. Or if you must, limit it to a reaction image.
>>
File: 9er.jpg (52KB, 510x435px) Image search: [Google]
9er.jpg
52KB, 510x435px
>>
>>
File: pacificaelisenorthwest.png (165KB, 245x422px) Image search: [Google]
pacificaelisenorthwest.png
165KB, 245x422px
>>77953617
>Pacifica will get three lines, and then stop being relevant.
She'll get the llama sweater from Mabel, that's a "thank you" right off the bat, I can imagine her being badass against Bill and throwing some cliche lines here and there. In the end, you're probably right. Shame, because I'd like to see much more of her post-NMM character.
>>
>>77953759
Creative if somewhat autistic? Also, using the term BLAM will trigger the anti-tvtropes anons.
>>
>>77953707
I think in general, even if you have something to share from it, don't. At least not here.

The way you showed up caused a lot of damage to the name. Anything you say as Sqoou at this point is probably going to be met with derision. If you want to bring anything up, just share it from anon. It's the better way to do it anyways.
>>
>>77953493
>he's lurking

Just so you know, when people tell you to lurk here, they mean "stop posting and read the threads passively" not "take off your name post anonymously". Talk less, listen more, etc. The hope is that you'll get a good feel for what other anons like and don't like, and you'll make fewer missteps as a result.

Not an attack; just an explanation.

>>77953712

Hey, we're all in this together. Thanks for doing what you do and making these threads a brighter place.
>>
File: 1448230150966.gif (281KB, 643x450px) Image search: [Google]
1448230150966.gif
281KB, 643x450px
>>77953712
It's great to have you here, so hang in there.
>>
>>77953759
>Big Lipped Alligator Moment
Fucking kek, every time. I just imagined it popping up during the scene
>>
>>77953834
>She'll get the llama sweater from Mabel
What makes you think that?
>>
>>77954527
She's in rags and it'd make sense if she really is on the wheel
>>
who /sqoou/ here
>>
I want to destroy mabel!
>>
>>77954593
Yeah, there were a lot of things that made sense and didn't happen
But if you say so
>>
File: Llama Hair Sweater Polaroid 552.png (665KB, 552x659px) Image search: [Google]
Llama Hair Sweater Polaroid 552.png
665KB, 552x659px
>>77954593

I have to watch not to derail the thread by being here as myself.
If you'd like to discuss the llama symbol in detail, I have quite a lot to say about it.
I'm not allowed to talk about it here though.

It always incites a riot.
>>
File: I bet Stan gives good hugs.png (2MB, 1916x1076px) Image search: [Google]
I bet Stan gives good hugs.png
2MB, 1916x1076px
>>77953759

The problem with theories like this one is that character designs in Gravity Falls are limited in range and variety. If you get caught up in analysing hairstyles and face shapes, you can find "evidence" to support all kinds of farfetched theories.

For example, maybe you remember when there a large contingent of people who believed Stan was the twins' real grandfather.

At the time, one of the more popular arguments used the shape of Carla McCorkle's face and hair as supporting evidence, going off the notion that she was the best candidate for Stan's ex-wife. And she does bear a slight resemblance to Mabel. But so do a lot of other characters. Mostly background ones with no significance to the plot. And sure enough, that one got debunked hard.

Recycling elements from main characters' designs is one of the easiest ways to ensure a cartoon's characters have a cohesive feel to them--without forcing your lead designers to vet every single one, anyway. I'm not saying people should never look for a Chekhov's gun among background characters, just that those arguments need to be taken with a fuckton of salt.
>>
>>77954879
I think a lot of people believed Stan was the twin's real grandfather because it made more sense than what actually happened.
>>
>>77954811
Just go ahead, don't ask. I don't have any quarrel with you. Everything is fine until you start linking your own tumblr and saying you're the only person on this planet who discovered it.
>>
>>77954879

I find, when theorizing, to find multiple pieces of corroborating evidences.

In the real world, things aren't scripted. In the scripted world, things are more easily quantifiable.

The act of brainstorming and coming up with outlines often leads to walls filled with rainbow colored post it notes and an outline draft.

It seems, in Gravity Falls the clues come in twos. It's as if their clues are numbered, as if to have come from an outline.

The theories you've cited drew conclusions based on little evidence, where as they should have had much.

Perhaps red herrings are numerically quantifiable in a similar way to the clues.

I wonder if those people were wrong, or duped.
>>
>>77954879
Yeah, there are a few background characters who look like they could be Mabel's mom/older sister but obviously are not related to her. Bearing visual similarity to another character does not mean they're supposed to be related.
>>
>>77954879
So do you guys think the story about the hippie was actually true or do you think it's a lie Stan told to cover the fact he separated from Carla due to becoming a traveling criminal?
>>
>>77954989
>it made more sense than what actually happened

Well, that was before AToTS, so it's not like they had anything in canon that said otherwise to object to. But I get what you're saying.

Honestly, though, I never liked the grunkle4grandpa theory because it seemed too complicated. How do you become a secret grandfather, exactly? Mr. Pines would know his own father unless Stan had abandoned him at birth (something that would be wildly out of character for Stan as we know him). Sure, there was also the body swapping theory, but it still would have been strange for Stan to cut all ties with his own son and masquerade as his uncle instead. You'd expect him to maintain way closer ties even if he had a good reason to hide who he was.

Of course, what we got in canon was even more ridiculous. But hey.
>>
>you'll never sniff the pits of Ford's sweater
Why even live?
>>
>>77955095

Gideon had Ford's journal and Ford invents stuff.

Maybe ford invented cloning.

Bill said in the AMA he's multiversal. Maybe he knows other versions of the team as well.

If cloning and multiversal doppelgangers are possible, maybe the multi symbol characters have reasonable explanations, including Mabel's backwards symbol.

They've claimed to have done multiple versions of the show, so maybe it was a scrapped story line, but each episode has added more evidences of backwards characters. Especially how Mabeland connects to the old PixelWizard poster.
>>
>>77954879

I'm glad you posted this because after the twin reveal I'm pretty much susceptible to any theory there is but grunkle4grandpa

in fact, I once found a similar theory that a background character found in the future with his back turned was Dipper because of the hair floof (instead of being Ford, who has 6 fingers)
>>
>>77955264

Neither, I'd say. The end cipher for RA strongly implied he never dated Carla at all:
>CARLA MCCORKLE RETURNED ALL HIS FLOWERS
>MARILYN DIVORCED HIM AFTER ONLY SIX HOURS
>BEATRICE SLAPPED HIM FOR BEING A CAD
>OLD GOLDIE’S THE BEST GIRLFRIEND STAN EVER HAD
So there might have been a hippy she ran off with, but Stan didn't get c ucked by him.

My take is he was exaggerating his relationship with her, probably because it was mostly one-sided. Maybe she just wanted to be friends after he helped her, and he fooled himself into thinking he had a shot with her. Puts an interesting spin on Stan's reaction (Yeah, "chances") to Dipper's crush on Wendy. I wish that had been addressed in the episode.
>>
>>77955310
Between the implications that Grunkle Stan had an ex-wife and his confirmed criminal history at that point, the theory I had put together in the gap between NWHS and AToTS was that Grunkle Stan had an ongoing criminal, but at some point met a woman he really loved, but from whom he hid his past and fake identities from in an effort to win her over, lying about himself as a normal member of society. His wife found out about his past life and lies, and is both outraged at Stan and now actively afraid of him, and so she breaks off with him and does her best to hide from him, taking with her Stan's unborn child and knowledge of his brother, Stanford. I had no guesses as to what happened to the Author or how Stanford came to Gravity Falls, but I figured sometime after taking over Stanford's identity he got a call or letter from his now older child, who had kept in occasional touch with his uncle. From there, I imagined he just tried to reconnect with his family through the identity of Stanford, never revealing the truth because all they known about Stanley is that he's a deceptive criminal dirtbag.
>>
>>77955766

They gave us a massive red herring in Dipper and Mabel's Guide to Mystery and Nonstop Fun.

It had some of us believing Ford was future grownup Dipper. They appeased it by having Ford say "You remind me of myself"

Or when Dipper connected the strings all to McGucket and hoards of kids felt less bad for reaching that conclusion.
>>
>>77955839

Now, that's an explanation I don't mind. It's a little melodramatic, maybe, but not in a way that's unbelievable for the show. And it does fill in the plotholes. If I'd seen it at the time, I might have warmed up more to the theory.
>>
File: gompers712.png (243KB, 433x423px) Image search: [Google]
gompers712.png
243KB, 433x423px
gotta love JUMBO Gompers
>>
>>77956140
What if I don't?
>>
>>77956140
Gotta love Gompersfag
>>
>>77956484
It would be extremely painful.
>>
>>77956487
This
(ANGRY Gompers is best)
>>
>>77956566
He's a big guy
>>
File: jojoimpersonatesalex.jpg (37KB, 604x402px) Image search: [Google]
jojoimpersonatesalex.jpg
37KB, 604x402px
so yeah I dreamt about Alex's old ex Jojo dying last night
>>
>>77953774
Wendy could snap a man's neck with those things.
>>
>>77953429
Its like this guy has a masters degree in being sexually unappealing.
>>
File: gompers461.png (247KB, 561x463px) Image search: [Google]
gompers461.png
247KB, 561x463px
>>77956719
Here, have the ANGRY Gompers
>>
File: jojo.jpg (43KB, 453x604px) Image search: [Google]
jojo.jpg
43KB, 453x604px
>>77957110
Jojo >>> Manzi t.b.h.
>>
>>77957494

It looks like she'd smell.
>>
>>77957285
Thing is, there is no such thing as universal sexual appeal. Standards vary greatly from culture to culture, and individual to individual.

[That's probably a moot point, since you are very likely a straight man. Of course he wouldn't be sexy to you.
>>
>>77953774
>>77953786
Meh
>>
>>77957110
She looks like a man
>>
Anyone else in love with Dominica?
>>
>>77958026

I Am. She can do better though.
>>
>>77958026
Her art is top-notch and flawless, but i prefer on-model sketch from the other drawanon though
>>
File: cute_mabel.png (960KB, 1280x1554px) Image search: [Google]
cute_mabel.png
960KB, 1280x1554px
>>77954640

Shut up MRA.
>>
>>77958026

Better question is: anyone NOT in love with Dominica, m8.
>>
>>77958026
I mean, I adore the way she draws Mabel, and hair in general, but I'm not sure that's a sound basis for a stable relationship
>>
>>77957110
>so in love with yourself you date a r63 version of yourself
so much unresolved sexual tension with his twin smfh
>>
>>77957110

I've had exactly two /gfg/-related dreams.

In one, I was a museum curator dealing with a haunting. It escalated into summoning Bill to make a deal to get rid of the ghost. I woke up before anything was resolved, I think. But it was pretty good otherwise. Very cinematic.

In the other, some anon dug up irrefutable proof Alex really is a FTM transsexual and spammed it all over /co/. Shoutout to the one alexposter who kept bringing up that possibility in these threads..

>>77958026

Don't make things weird, guy. inb4 "where do you think you are"
>>
File: dancing.gif (816KB, 450x252px) Image search: [Google]
dancing.gif
816KB, 450x252px
Is anyone else...kind of...worried about Gideon?

We've never seen someone break a helldeal with Bill before, have we? Well, it seems like Gideon just did. What happens to you? Is there any chance the show might kill him? His "tell Mabel what I did" sounded kind of...final.

On the other hand, the way the finale's been going, it seems most likely that they won't even mention anything about the deal. Gideon will just show up in the background with the rest of the crowd at some point, no explanation, and have maybe two or three lines. Also, I don't know if anything bad would happen to a kid. If there even are any consequences to breaking his deal, it'll be something silly, like his hair turns into a duck or something.

So on the one hand I'm disappointed that there will likely be zero fallout or mention of Gideon's whole face heel turn, but on the other, I don't think he deserves a horrific death or anything, he is just a ten year old kid.
>>
>>77958545
Bill failed Gideon first. That might grant him some kind of immunity that will come into play.
>>
File: Mabel Secret Box Push.gif (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Mabel Secret Box Push.gif
4MB, 1920x1080px
Will we ever get to see inside Mabel's box?
>>
>>77958771
Maybe Dipper will bring it along before they go on a roadtrip and spill it in front of everyone.
>>
>>77957319
Appreciate it. Best Gompers.
>>
>>77958669

Well, Bill didn't get a favor from Gideon since he failed to deliver; the deal wasn't broken so much as called off.

In this case, it seems like Bill delivered on freeing Gideon. Of course, we don't know what Bill asked for in this case.

Also, I'm not sure if Bill has to follow through on his deals. Not sure if there are consequences for the other person but not him or what, really.
>>
>>77958545
I'm thinking Bill might make an example out of Gideon to try and freak out Ford.
>>
>>77958545

If I claimed to be emotionally invested in Gideon's fate, I'd be lying. Ten years old or not, he's been exceptionally terrible. But Alex seems determined to at least start him on the path toward a redemption of sorts, so I have no doubt he'll get a hopeful ending. Maybe not entirely happy, but with room for improvement.

That said, I really do want to know if there are formal consequences to breaking a deal with Bill. It seems like Bill's deals aren't governed by any power higher than himself, so perhaps his retaliation would be limited to things he could accomplish on his own. Prior to Bill entering reality, maybe it was as simple as Bill giving the person sanity-destroying nightmares for the rest of his life. But who knows what he'll do now. Hopefully, it'll be something more interesting than just turning Gideon into gold or stone.

But even if there's nothing more to the deals, I also want to see Bill and Gideon interact on screen. Alex has talked a lot about Gideon's tense dynamic with Bill, but we've seen next to nothing of it in the show. I'd like to that to happen in the finale, ideally sometime before the final confrontation. But it's more likely Gideon will just be (temporarily) turned to stone, waiting for the twins and their party to find him.
>>
File: tumblr_nyt2j1ZPq81rogx6xo1_1280.png (1MB, 1254x1920px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nyt2j1ZPq81rogx6xo1_1280.png
1MB, 1254x1920px
Part of me is expecting one of his tween fangirls to stab somebody someday and tell the cops that Bill Cipher made them do it. I hope not, obviously.
>>
>>77959844
You mean like those crazy girls who stabbed another and blamed it on being manipulated by Slenderman?
>>
Honestly Stan's life is just depressing as fuck. The only time he's had something close to a functional life is impersonating his brother while trying to rescue that brother from an accident he caused.

it kind of bums me out
>>
>>77960032

Yeah. I was saddest for the girl who got stabbed and their families and everyone involved, obviously. But I was kinda sad for the guy who invented Slenderman on SomethingAwful, too. You just invent something silly for fun, and you can never tell which creative thing might get used as an excuse by someone with problems. Catcher in the Rye being another obvious example, although that author had some problems himself, obviously he's not at fault for the crimes connected to the book.
>>
>>77960032
I'm pretty sure Bill made a reference to that in the AMA
>>
>>77958545
>We've never seen someone break a helldeal with Bill before, have we?

Who is Ford?
>>
>>77960345
A miserable pile of secrets?

Also a chunk of solid gold right now apparently.
>>
>>77960345
Ford's making up for it by doing time as his trophy wife.
>>
>>77960345

To be fair, we don't know what happened to Ford when he did, either. There may have been repercussions. Guess that's another thing to look out for in the journal replica.
>>
>>77960042
I think the show actually does an incredibly job selling just how much the events in Stan's life have worn on him just through regular behavior that looks normal on the surface. Stan bases his whole business on deceiving people and in general has a borderline predatory attitude towards people outside his family, played for laughs most of the time, but very clearly the result of having to struggle to survive in a world where seemingly no one loved him. And while it's not really remarked upon, his treatment of Dipper and the lessons he learned from his father are obviously him to trying to rationalize the fact that his parents just didn't love into something positive and projecting his issues onto the children.
>>
>>77960345

I thought of that, but all Bill said was, "Just let me into your mind, Stanford," Ford was the one who threw in the, "Until the end of time" (what a fucking dumbass, by the way), so was that even part of the deal?

Ford obviously did let Bill into his mind for a pretty long time, that alone might count as fulfilling it.

Another thing we might never know for sure.
>>
>>77959642

Thurop Orman did just recently say he recorded the last episode of Gravity Falls.

No one else said that, so maybe it's relevant as he was the last one recording.
>>
>>77960253
>But I was kinda sad for the guy who invented Slenderman on SomethingAwful

Oh, you weren't the only one. I don't know whether or not he felt any kind of responsibility, but it's not hard to imagine that he would. My heart really went out to him. At least the girl survived...she and her family were certainly traumatized, but it's far from the worst that could have happened.
>>
>>77956484
You gotta
>>
File: 1444756875381.jpg (284KB, 1280x718px) Image search: [Google]
1444756875381.jpg
284KB, 1280x718px
>tfw no background character episode
>>
>>77960042
>>77960520
In addition, it's clear Stan sees himself as having little in the way of self-worth. That he so readily "killed" himself off, though for practical reasons, almost seemed to punctuate how disposable considered himself to be.
>>
>>77960721
Do we really need them?

No, of course not.
>>
File: 1449197462045.jpg (357KB, 1280x774px) Image search: [Google]
1449197462045.jpg
357KB, 1280x774px
Who Pineswest here?
>>
File: vlcsnap-error037.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-error037.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
Finally got around to re-watching the last episode. I'm sorry but I can't feel any sort of emotion from either of the twins, everything feels so rushed and unlike them somehow.

Pic related was the only time I can remember the show actually making me feel for a character. I really hope with the double-length finale we'll have another one of these moments, but with how they treated the scene in OP I'm not optimistic. That just felt way too forced.

Anyone else feel like this?
>>
>>77960764

All that is exactly why I hate the expectation Stan will die in a blaze of self-sacrificial glory. He's already thrown his life away for the sake of his family once.

I want him to earn a happier ending this time around, where he not only gets to prove his worth to Ford, but actually sticks around to enjoy the benefits of reconnecting with his family. Something a little more life-affirming than a hero's death, no matter how impressive one might be for a Y7 show to pull off.
>>
>>77961022
The show has more or less put all its eggs in one basket and assembled the narrative in such a way that it's ability to generate viewer investment is at this point almost totally dependent on how much that viewer cares for or agrees with Mabel.

Unfortunately, I no longer care for Mabel.
>>
File: cuties.jpg (27KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
cuties.jpg
27KB, 480x360px
>>77960972

Always.

>>77961022

I actually did get a bit teary eyes at the flashbacks and a bit of what followed, but the rest of the episode felt remarkably flat compared to what I expected.

The end of DaMvtF was so emotional for me twins wise and then a lot of last ep was so...meh.
>>
File: Rich Kid Guy.png (783KB, 1280x718px) Image search: [Google]
Rich Kid Guy.png
783KB, 1280x718px
>>77960721

Depending on how you look at it, that scene is one of the most tragic of the series.

His family can afford to send him to private school, yet there he is, with the commoners.
>>
>>77961246
That's a cute one. I wish there was more art for this ship.

I actually do have a really nice sketch drawn by a pretty good artist, but they never posted it on their own blog so I would feel like a piece of shit if I shared it without their permission.
>>
>>77961246
The flashbacks seemed really cliched to me, I agree with >>77961244 in that they're trying to push the whole Mabel thing.

I hate that the show is ending like this. Back when season one ended I never would have expected to hate Mabel by the time the series finale rolled around.
>>
File: 1424397861124.gif (656KB, 420x236px) Image search: [Google]
1424397861124.gif
656KB, 420x236px
Reminder that Mabel was an accessory to rape and forced two people who don't love each other into a life together.
>>
I've never really been able to hate Mabel. I see tons of reasons why people have grown to dislike her get posted in the threads but none of them really seem to click in my mind.

She's a bit brash and a little obnoxious, but good at heart.

The argument that never made much sense to me at all was the idea that Mabel was forcing Dipper to abandon his dreams when he declined Ford's apprenticeship. He'd never met Ford until a few weeks ago, so this wasn't him putting an end to a lifelong ambition. It was a whim, and one that he saw as childish after spending time in Mabel's fantasy bubble.

She'd even told him that he could go with Ford, but he chose not to of his own free will. No compulsion, magic or anything like that forced his hand.

I can't understand all the fury that caused.
>>
>>77961247
Clearly, you haven't watched the show

Rich people are the scum of society

I bet Bill is rich as fuck
>>
File: 1445027237375.jpg (80KB, 489x609px) Image search: [Google]
1445027237375.jpg
80KB, 489x609px
>>77961022
>Pic related was the only time I can remember the show actually making me feel for a character.

Huh. That was a good scene in a great episode.

But. Stan resigning himself to sending the the kids home in Gideon Rises didn't do anything for you? Or the scene where they board the bus? What about the confrontation in front of the portal in Not What He Seems? Or when Ford rejected Stan in AToTS? Dipper and Mabel's "don't get stupid" talk, maybe?

I mean, I can't tell you how to enjoy the show, and I hope I'm not coming off like I want to. I'm just curious why NMM had the only emotional moment that worked for you. Do you see something of yourself in Pacifica, or just generally find her more sympathetic than the others?
>>
>>77953834
>Pacifica isn't barefoot

You had one job Alex.
>>
>>77961715
Well, the position the show has unintentionally or not solidified its support of is that family is the most important thing, and that anything is worth giving up to maintain it. While a reasonable moral, the actual execution is lacking and the show doesn't seem to acknowledge that it's perfectly normal for family members to remain emotionally close even if they have to go down different roads in life.

Stan's heartbreak over his brother departing him was treated sympathetically even though Ford being able to travel far away from his low income Jersey neighborhood and their abusive parents for free would have been the best thing for Ford, and would not have in any way reduced his ability to love his brother, who in addition has obviously made no realistic plans for his own future.

In the present time, the show is so dedicated to its "family is the most important" ideal that pushes the implication that family members should be glued at the hip to each other, even though that's obviously unhealthy and is actively stifling both twin's ability to develop their own identity.
>>
File: 1443387198956.jpg (152KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1443387198956.jpg
152KB, 1280x720px
>>77955670
You talk about the multiversal doppelgangers; HOW on Earth could Mabel's supposedly-from-another-universe horizontally-flipped (that's what I understand you're talking about) llama symbol be possible to exist (be knitted in on a sweater) in the current canon Gravity Falls universe?
>>
>>77961946
I think there's a bit of difference between being glued to the hip with someone and leaving home and abandoning school at the age of 13 to chase monsters with your autistic great uncle.

Ford willingly cut his family ties in favor of pursuing his dream and he wanted Dipper to take the same path, but the whole summer has been reinforcing that family should have each others back. Almost every problem has been resolved either by Dipper and Mabel joining forces instead of working alone, or by having Stan come in and rescue them.

Anyway I know its normal for people to drift apart as they grow older, but that comes from normal growing up and not a sudden sharp separation at a young age.
>>
>>77961150
I could accept Stan sacrificing himself for the twins sake (because it is something he'd do), but I likewise would prefer a happy ending for him. He can be a terrible person at times, and he's certainly made plenty of bad mistakes, but he's also paid dearly for them. He's suffered enough. I want the poor guy to live out his last years in genuine happiness and self-acceptance.
>>
http://coniferoussiblings.tumblr.com/post/134613264955/this-was-a-mistake

Coniferous continues to be a spectacular in every way.
>>
File: tumblr_nx7jn4948l1tbaoppo2_1280.png (2MB, 1219x1920px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nx7jn4948l1tbaoppo2_1280.png
2MB, 1219x1920px
>>77960866

We need more jailbait negress
>>
>>77962118
Fuck off pedo
>>
File: yKABts.gif (1MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
yKABts.gif
1MB, 320x180px
>>77961244
>I no longer care for Mabel.

Mabel's more or less my favorite but man was I let down but how emotionally un-invested she was last episode, when we got a great scene like this on in Dipper and Mabel vs. the Future.

Mabel's scenes were much more emotional and human over a few friends not being able to come to her party over the end of the world. Some people said she was hypnotized, but that was, first off, really shittily established if true, and second, at the end when they got out of the bubble you didn't see anything from her either. Her parents, her friends, Stan could be dead for all she knows, and there's no real reaction. I feel like you saw how run down and upset Dipper was by everything last episode, but with Mabel nada.
>>
>>77962110
>spectacular in every way

Thats definitely taking things a bit too far anon, but I do appreciate the compliment!
>>
File: gf13590180329.jpg (229KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
gf13590180329.jpg
229KB, 600x800px
>>77962118

I want for Pyronica too, but there's no need for those stereotypes.

Also Pyronica is pretty much the only waifu in the show who ISN'T jailbait. Just let me have this.
>>
>>77962145
>over the end of the world
at no point in the episode had anyone told her the world was ending though. she had no clue how bad it was outside the bubble and was knocked unconscious before seeing bill take shape and start messing stuff up.

also no one in the episode told her what was happening, so she'd have no way of knowing how bad it was either. soos and wendy both got distracted by their fantasies and dipper was just arguing with her about fantasy vs reality instead of pointing out that the end times were on their doorstep and ford was a statue.
>>
File: tumblr_nxxh8gi4o01uptlf6o1_1280.jpg (174KB, 815x825px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxxh8gi4o01uptlf6o1_1280.jpg
174KB, 815x825px
>>77962203

I was talking about the pigtailed girl in the pic I was replying too, but I didn't have any SFW pictures of her, so I just posted a random Pyronica picture.

I went though the whole Pyronica tag on tumblr and got a bunch of new art and porn of her, so fans of her can look out for her on the booru later.
>>
>>77962118
>>77962137

Clockwork.
>>
>>77962228
>dipper was just arguing with her about fantasy vs reality instead of pointing out that the end times were on their doorstep and ford was a statue.

This was a shitty bit of writing in and of itself (so why the fuck wouldn't Dipper mention that?!?), but there was also the part where a portal to Gravity Falls was opened right in front of her and EVERYTHING WAS ON FIRE. No worries there, really?

Either the writing was crap, or Dipper is acting retarded and Mabel is being an apathetic cunt and/or also retarded.
>>
>>77961762
>I bet Bill is rich as fuck

I can't see Bill having a use for money.
>>
>>77962317

Well he did tell everyone to buy gold that one time. Maybe he just loves gold?
>>
>>77962095
The way Dipper disparaged Ford's offer was obviously the show presenting things in the most Mabel sympathetic view. From an objective standpoint even within the show's universe, the offer is not that bad.

For one, Ford is not a crackpot. The mysterious phenomenon of Gravity Falls objectively exist so what Dipper would be doing would be not be any less "real" that the work and science done by astronomers who lived in times when it was believed the sun went around the earth. Modern technology would allow Dipper and Mabel to stay in contact, greatly dulling the impact of physical separation. Dipper is already an incredibly lonely child. He's been living in the real world for his whole life until now and already has no friends besides his sister, who he shares no actual interests with, and indeed she frequently ridiculous him for them. He's still pining for a clone of himself he only knew for a day because he felt like somebody finally understood him. Finally, I'd argue that at this point Dipper wouldn't be able to go back to a normal life. Could you imagine having gone through such eye opening, fantastical and even scarring adventures, and then one day have to go back to a mundane world where no one would ever believe you? If Dipper returns to a normal life after Gravity Falls, his only options would be to bottle it all up inside or quickly be regarded as a lunatic and disregarded by the normal world.
>>
File: drinking.png (58KB, 500x498px) Image search: [Google]
drinking.png
58KB, 500x498px
>>77962317

Booze mostly. And gay male prostitutes.
>>
File: pyr1.jpg (436KB, 1065x1920px) Image search: [Google]
pyr1.jpg
436KB, 1065x1920px
>>77962266
>I went though the whole Pyronica tag on tumblr and got a bunch of new art and porn of her, so fans of her can look out for her on the booru later.

You are doing the Lord's work there. Many thanks.
>>
>>77962345
He seems to be able turn things into gold so he probably has a limitless supply.

On a side not I remember an old theory about Bill having some sort of connection to gold and that he was the result of an alchemy experiment.
>>
>>77962306
>Either the writing was crap, or Dipper is acting retarded and Mabel is being an apathetic cunt and/or also retarded.
or the writers just wanted to tell a story about the twins coming to terms with adulthood, putting aside the main plot for a while to have a little bit of character interaction.

for all the emphasis the thread puts on lore and plot and stuff, the show is primarily a comedy that leans heavily on the relationships between the different characters. its usually tries to be more funny or schmaltzy than dramatic.
>>
File: Gideon and Mabel Magazine.png (260KB, 410x498px) Image search: [Google]
Gideon and Mabel Magazine.png
260KB, 410x498px
>>77961966

The Cipher wheel symbol went blank on Tyrone.

A blank sweater backwards Mabel was shown with Lil Gideon, a day after Mabel snuck out with him. He did her hair and nails while she was wearing a hair sweater.

Gideon's foreshadow was on a magazine. The same magazine showed beard hair growing into a man. That same scene Mabel produced a lock of beard hair and denied having pictures of gnomes.

Later, in Mabel's scrapbook, a mirror reversed setting across the two episodes, Mabel revealed gnome pictures do exist.

The sweater reflection itself is likely the clue, not an actual backwards sweater.

Maybe they opted to have Pacifica be the llama. The evidences for that, are something Hirsch said and a painting. It would have to be a late decision, because their breadcrumbs seem to lead to multiverse and/or clone doppelgangers.

So far we've had many doppelgangers in the form of shape shifting and demon caterpillars.

Is it really that much of a stretch to have copies that don't dissolve? Weirdness in Gravity Falls always goes into hiding. If it's a plot twist, they wouldn't tell us outright.

I think Grunkle Stan has one too, and has been using him to run a two places at once scam for years.

Backwards messages, backwards audio, backwards characters.

It seems perfectly logical to come to this conclusion from my pov.
>>
>>77962345

The real reason was of course just a jab at the whole "civilization/the economy's going to collapse so you'd better invest in gold" conspiritard idiocity, but this does remind me that I wish there'd been a few more of those jokes on the show. At least a few Bill lines about false flags in the media.
>>
>>77962366
>From an objective standpoint even within the show's universe, the offer is not that bad.
That depends on your priorities though. If I had to choose between a mundane life but having my best friend with me or working my dream job, I'd take my friend every time.

Plenty of people would make the second choice, but not everyone would.
>>
>>77962457
>its usually tries to be more funny or schmaltzy than dramatic.

As people have said, everything would have been accepted just fine if this wasn't the penultimate episode.

I don't mind it being 100% about Dipper and Mabel's relationship, either. That's exactly what I expected. It just:

1. Had so little weight and skirted around the actual issues either their relationship, which was never Fantasy vs. Reality. Mabel was worried about them growing up and growing apart ("getting stupid"). That was reduced to a single line. No, "Here Dipper, we never have to grow apart like our dumb Grunkles," and Dipper countering with, "We may not live under the same roof someday, but we'll always be best friends," that's what I wanted.

2. The twins' relationship was only addressed in the flashbacks and right after, which was the part of the episode I really liked. The rest of the episode was mostly kind of an 80s/90s parody (which seems a bit off anyway for a girl born in 2000, but that's fine).

I was looking for a big Mabel character episode/twin relationship character episode and don't feel I got it, it's not that big a deal, but a bit of a letdown, that's all.
>>
>>77962457
>leans heavily on the relationships between the different characters
Hello, Alex. How does it feel creating the biggest disappointment since L O S T?
>>
>>77962373
I want to see Bill eat/drink something.
>>
>>77962464
Interesting theories.

However, from a strictly storytelling point of view, having doubles from both the copy machine and clones or multiverses is kind of weak, especially consider the show is only two seasons long. As for Stan having his own double, I think it's unlikely since he has explicitly expressed a distrust and disdain for the supernatural. He wants nothing to do with that stuff. If he ever indeed had a clone, it's probably long since buried somewhere behind the Shack.
>>
>>77960414
Underrated post
>>
>>77962228
>so she'd have no way of knowing how bad it was either

She got a pretty good look at downtown Gravity Falls through this portal, and Wendy was very sincere when she told her the town was in trouble. But I agree Dipper should have been more direct. I blame that on plot convenience, mostly. And, although it wasn't very satisfying, I can accept the excuse that Dipper was caught up in the moment too.

But I do agree with >>77962145 that Mabel's blase attitude when they first found her in the bubble was a big disappointment. It's true Mabel had no idea exactly what Bill intended or what the Rift was. But she did know Bill was a major threat to them all thanks to the family meeting with Ford in TLM. And she certainly seemed to recognize Bill before she collapsed. So why is she so calm after four days with no sign of any of her family or friends?

She's pleasantly surprised when Dipper arrives, but I didn't get the sense she was worried for their safety so much as happy they had joined her. And she seemingly has no interest in what might be happening outside the bubble. Not even to Stan. If she wasn't hypnotized, her desire for escapism should have only gone so far, you know?

It's just weak writing, where they've allowed the needs of the plot to drive characters' emotional reactions instead of the other way around.
>>
>>77961463
It doesn't help there are people who are just downright incapable of accepting Mabel is Alex's pet character
>>
>>77961657
And people still wonder why other people dislike Mabel and/or hate Love God
>>
>>77962662
By comparing Gravity Falls to LOST, you are admitting that while the end fizzled out in a disappointing way, it was still considerably good to a point and thus Alex has some degree of talent.
>>
File: toothbill04.png (301KB, 880x950px) Image search: [Google]
toothbill04.png
301KB, 880x950px
>>77962680

Do you, though?
>>
>>77962763
Exactly my problems, anon.
>>
>>77962816
Yes. With all three mouths.
>>
>>77962763
>If she wasn't hypnotized, her desire for escapism should have only gone so far, you know?
well, she did kind of have a 'snap out of it' moment at the end of the episode where she realized how bright and obnoxious the colors were and how annoying the same song looping over and over again was.

it could be viewed as her being influenced by the magic, if not exactly outright hypnotized.
>>
>>77961381
Ask permission then. We would love fresh pineswest content.
>>
>>77962888

I'll check with her later - hopefully she'd be cool with it.
>>
>>77962816

Soda is bad for your teeth.
>>
>>77961022
What i really like about this episode is the lesson wasn't learned by just one-sided, both has learned something. Dipper actually learned that the reason she's acting horrible is because of her parents made her to, so there's no reason to hate her anymore. pacifica learned that she could stand by herself to face her awful parents and doesn't have to follow them.
This is the kind of character exploration that failed to achieve at The Golf War. Mabel didn't learn anything about pacifica, but at least we've got a little glimpse of issue with her parents. Both development only resolved around rivalry and didn't get any depth like the banter between dipper and pacifica on NMM.
It kinda saddens me because even though their rivalry ends, we still don't know if she's already in a good term with mabel or not, because she still doesn't look care about mabel and her friends when they come to her party. But she's already in good term with dipper, so we can say she'll warming up to her too.
>>
>>77962855
>it could be viewed as her being influenced by the magic, if not exactly outright hypnotized.

The fact that viewers often didn't come away with that impression or even disagree that this is true indicates the show failed to make that clear.

She also didn't get upset after they'd left the bubble, really. I don't agree that Mabel's actually at fault with what happened at all but I think a moment of concern or guilt would have helped.
>>
>>77958258
>MRA
>an insult
>>
>>77963014
i guess, though i feel focusing on the negative right after they'd beaten the episodes challenge (escaping the bubble) would have been a bit out of place tone-wise.

plus the whole sequence once they got out of the bubble was compressed so they could get to the shack and find stan and the resistance army anyway.
>>
>>77962855

As uncharitable as I feel saying this, I get the impression that when it comes to how Mabeland works, the writers wanted to have their cake and eat it too.

On the one hand, Mabel's reactions are most consistent with the idea that Mabeland has some kind of mind altering component to it. Like you described, maybe it was just subtle magic, or even Mabel running off the psychic equivalent of a sugar high due to all the pure, instant gratification it provided. But it had to be doing something to keep her some complacent.

But at the same time, they also wanted Mabel to be lucid: capable of making and understanding decisions. Otherwise, Dipper's heroic act of persuasion would be meaningless. For the court scene to work the way they wanted it to, Mabel had to be tuned in mentally and emotionally.

Obviously, those two goals aren't very compatible. So they compromised, and consequently we got something that doesn't quite check out.
>>
>>77962961

So is bread.

And fluoride without a shit ton of additional chemicals added to it.

And, ironically, calcium when directly applied.

And anything acidic.
>>
>>77963108

Perhaps, but a lot of people were expecting some sort of emotional payoff to the events of Vs. the Future and feeling that wasn't given might be one reason for a lot os dissapointment, narratively speaking. I agree with what others have said in that it felt like any episode where the twins disagree (and honestly less emotional than a lot of them). Part of it is too high expectations, but I also feel that the show is capable of doing better than this.
>>
>>77963164
>But at the same time, they also wanted Mabel to be lucid: capable of making and understanding decisions.
thats the thing though, when you are high you don't always know your judgment is impaired so you make poor decisions based on your altered perceptions. those decisions seem perfectly logical to you at the time and then when you come down you realize that you were being an idiot.

in this case i'd say that if there was any kind of subtle mind-magic going on (not impossible to picture since bill is some kind of mind demon or something) it wasn't putting any ideas into mabels head, it was just emphasizing things she was feeling and amplifying those feelings to a higher level. making her more paranoid about the future, making her more disappointed with reality, making her more resentful of dipper. once he'd talked her through it and she'd broken its hold she saw she was being dumb.

even at the start of the episode dipper had been saying he knew that mabel was smarter than she was acting. mabel isn't a dumb person, just one who was in an emotionally vulnerable place mentally and found herself in an area that provided instant gratification to sooth any fears or discomforts she had.

god damn that is a lot of words i just typed about a cartoon.
>>
File: vlcsnap-error620.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-error620.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>77961805
The portal confrontation was a close second, that's a good point. I really wanted more with the whole "trust no one" thing, like some conflict between the twins (what was the whole frame shattering thing even about then?)

The scenes from Gideon Rises were some of the biggest I had issues with. They didn't give us any time to take in what had happened, instead they just rush through the scene up until Gideon shows up. Everyone was just suddenly standing in the street with a sad face, there was no conversation or anything, it all felt way too forced and shallow to me.

I still can't come around to liking Ford as a character, for someone who lost 30 years of their life he kind of let Stan down easy (and was even quicker to forgive him). AToTS gave us some really good background on the brothers, but I dunno, I guess seeing Stan grow up the way he chose himself kind of lessens any sympathy I could feel for him.

Pacifica has had the most character development in that we get to see both sides of her, and I think that's what made NMM such a strong episode to me. Sure it's a bit cliched to have the snotty rich kid have a troubled home life, but you don't get to see that kind of moment of realization she had often.

The last episode really screwed up any genuine twin relationship feelings I'd seen between them. Even after Mabel saw that she was living a daydream in Bill's trap, we didn't get any type of remorse for what she'd (mistakenly) done earlier. Not to give off the impression that I'd want something as overly-dramatic as SU, but I've been wanting a character to have a breakdown since AToTS. Mabel came close with her scrapbook scene in D&MvTF, but like the other scenes it just felt like we didn't have the time to let them expand upon it. The actual time restraints of the show, paired with the fact that they have to wrap everything up in 44 minutes (maybe a solid hour if we're lucky), really makes me feel like the finale is going to be more of the same.
>>
I still think Weirdmageddon Part 2 would have been better if Mabel was convinced that her bubble world WAS reality and Dipper was some kind of Bill Cipher trick. Kind of like that Superman story 'For the man who has everything' where superman is trapped in his near-idyllic fantasyland and eventually has to come to terms with it I don't think you're real ;_;

You could still have cutesy Dip and Mabel memories and have Mabel come to terms with the reality of adulthood and Dipper realizing that the apprenticeship would be his version of Mabel's fantasy life, but still give the show stakes and have an actual conflict to overcome. The courtroom scene wasn't enough to give the trial of convincing Mabel to free herself enough bite.
>>
>tfw no corrupted Mabel

why is this show not catering to my incredibly specific fetish?
>>
>>77963164
>some complacent

Whoops, should read *so complacent.

>>77963014
>She also didn't get upset after they'd left the bubble, really.

That's one thing I didn't mind, actually. Between spending days wallowing in the surrealism of Mabeland, and the way everything turned into nightmare fuel as they escaped, I figure she'd be more or less numb by that point. So I didn't mind her taking the physical destruction more or less in stride.

As for concern or guilt, it's worth pointing out she still doesn't understand her role in all this properly. I was glad she at least acknowledged how badly she behaved inside the bubble.
>>
>>77963407
When in doubt, stroke it out anon aka sometimes you gotta make the material for your specific fetish yourself, whether by commission, requests, or any talent you can muster up through art, writing or voice
>>
Think we should make Hirsch a thank-you card to send before the finale? A nice one. With no Alex-hate.

Even if the show is ending and may end badly, I still appreciate that it exists.
>>
File: Revcest.jpg (189KB, 742x538px) Image search: [Google]
Revcest.jpg
189KB, 742x538px
>>77963407
That's what Rev Pines is for
>>
>>77963459

I'd recommend writing. It can be very fun when everything is going just right.

It can also be frustrating as hell when its not though, but ignore that for now.
>>
>>77963342

Again for me it's not that big of a deal but I don't feel they touched upon that at all. For all we know, she just liked the Happy Fun World and didn't want to leave. Many were left with the impression that she is actually dumb, which sucks.

>>77963375

This is what I was hoping for.

It would really give Mabel a chance to be heroic to have to save herself to some degree and having to choose to destroy a more perfect, subtle world because it would help others.

This would also tie up her character arc from TLM very nicely, show that she is a genuinely good person, even as it hurts her.

Mostly this is an issue of wasted opportunities, and kind of a backhanded compliment to the show. There's show much that could have been done. This episode would be great for many kids' cartoons but for this show, we know it can aim a little higher than they did in this case.
>>
>>77963546
>This is what I was hoping for.
>It would really give Mabel a chance to be heroic to have to save herself to some degree and having to choose to destroy a more perfect, subtle world because it would help others.
look, i like the alan moore comic too but i think its better that they did their own thing instead of just straight up ripping off a plot from a similar story. yeah, its not as subtle and stuff but it was a visually fun episode and it had some good comedy and character moments in it. that's pretty much all i ask of cartoons.
>>
>>77963479
The show's really brought joy to me. I'm on board for this.
>>
File: 1448818406064.png (36KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1448818406064.png
36KB, 300x300px
>>77963486
Stupid sexy AU.
>>
>>77963641
Well it doesn't have to be a shot for shot remake, but just give Mabel a little more agency I guess? Everything felt like it should have been stopped as soon as Dipper told Mabel what was going on, and they only dragged it on in order to show their memories and have a trial.
>>
>>77963737
the memories were some of the best parts of that episode though. also dippy fresh.
>>
File: tumblr_nyl17a4wvW1unbppzo1_1280.jpg (183KB, 1249x1920px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nyl17a4wvW1unbppzo1_1280.jpg
183KB, 1249x1920px
Do you think it would have been better if Gravity Falls was three seasons, with the Ford reveal being the season two finale, and Weirdmageddon being Season 3B?

>>77962366
>Could you imagine having gone through such eye opening, fantastical and even scarring adventures, and then one day have to go back to a mundane world where no one would ever believe you? If Dipper returns to a normal life after Gravity Falls, his only options would be to bottle it all up inside or quickly be regarded as a lunatic and disregarded by the normal world.

Depending on how the ending turns out, it could be possible that the world becomes more aware of the supernatural, since there is no more Society of the Blind Eye to constantly mindwipe witnesses.

>>77963046

tip

>>77963357

>Even after Mabel saw that she was living a daydream in Bill's trap, we didn't get any type of remorse for what she'd (mistakenly) done earlier.

Mabel didn't remember that. She said her recollection of the events was running into the woods, falling asleep, and waking up in Mabelland.

>>77963375
>I still think Weirdmageddon Part 2 would have been better if Mabel was convinced that her bubble world WAS reality and Dipper was some kind of Bill Cipher trick.

That's what I thought would happen. It'd be cool to have the FakeDipper Mabel thinks she known her entire life insist the new Dipper who shows up out of the blue to be a trick by Dipper and help toss him back to "Bill's Dimension" which would actually be the real world.
>>
File: Reverse Pines.jpg (65KB, 500x806px) Image search: [Google]
Reverse Pines.jpg
65KB, 500x806px
>>77963733
Oh you know it.
Rev Mabel is way too hot

She is also very definitively not a 12 year old girl
>>
>>77963819
>Do you think it would have been better if Gravity Falls was three seasons, with the Ford reveal being the season two finale, and Weirdmageddon being Season 3B?

Yes, I wish we had more episodes with Ford in it.
>>
>>77963819
>Mabel didn't remember that. She said her recollection of the events was running into the woods, falling asleep, and waking up in Mabelland.

Wasn't that before she realized what was going on? Did Bill have the ability to modify memories instead of just being able to access them?
>>
>>77963819
Heaps better, as a fan I'd like more content and I feel the pacing would've been planned out much better
>>
>>77963819
No question. Even 4 more episodes would have sufficed. All you'd need to wrap the story up for good is:

1) An episode with Ford interacting with the Mystery Shack staff other than that thrown together D&D parody. Maybe a good old fashioned Bigfoot hunt or something?

2) An actual Wendy-centric episode where her whole deal is explored a little more beyond badass who Dipper pines for. Maybe that Stan teached Wendy to be a master thief idea Hirsch was kicking around.

3) A Stan/Dip and Ford/Mabel bonding episode, maybe showing us that Dipper and Mabel aren't carbon copies of Ford and Stan respectively

4) a Lil Gideon busts outta jail episode or at least give him a little more time to come around to betraying Bill. Maybe have him chafe at some orders or realize that his previous approach to Mabel obviously wasn't working.

But alas, that is relegated to our darkest dreamscapes and fantasies.
>>
File: 1415486531441.png (209KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1415486531441.png
209KB, 500x375px
>>77963856
>She is also very definitively not a 12 year old girl
Most definitely.

Its a good AU for cranking up the weird sexual stuff. Sometimes I really think I should try to do something with it.
>>
>>77963981
>who Dipper pines for

Heh

I agree, regardless of how the finale turns out it's going to leave a lot of stuff poorly resolved or unexplored.
>>
>>77963981

Reading makes me sad to think about what this show could have been with more episodes.

>) a Lil Gideon busts outta jail episode or at least give him a little more time to come around to betraying Bill.

I especially agree with this. I'm ok with gideon betraying Bill but I wish we had some more time before he switched sides. He went from trying to capture Dipper and Wendy to being a good guy in like 2 seconds.
>>
>>77964056
I would appreciate that.
I'm always interested in how different authors approach RevPines.

Tat-Buns Parallels was one of the few ones that I really enjoyed, but I feel like theres a lot of potential in there.
>>
File: b-day.png (2MB, 1460x1460px) Image search: [Google]
b-day.png
2MB, 1460x1460px
>>77963479
he enjoyed our birthday card... ah hell why not?
>>
>>77964322
If we do do this again, remember people, just doing a lazy edit of a panel isn't enough. No matter how crappy it is, redraw the panel in full. It's the only way it really works
>>
>>77964297
>Tat-Buns Parallels was one of the few ones that I really enjoyed, but I feel like theres a lot of potential in there.

Oh no doubt, I really like her RevPines stuff. She cranked up the dark and creepy factors really well and they were fun to read.

I've only done a little bit with that AU. My longest one wasn't even pinecest though, it was Reverse Mabifica.
>>
File: 1445652925345.jpg (137KB, 649x683px) Image search: [Google]
1445652925345.jpg
137KB, 649x683px
>>77963479
>>77964322
Using this as the base pic.
>>
>>77963357
>I really wanted more with the whole "trust no one" thing, like some conflict between the twins (what was the whole frame shattering thing even about then?)

A slow-rising tension built between Dipper and Mabel throughout 2B. I'd call it a conflict based on a lessening of trust. Trust was a big theme in 2B, period.

At the end of AToTS, Mabel worries about her future with Dipper. She's losing faith in their seemingly unshakable bond. Stan and Ford have lost all faith in each other: there's a complete absence of trust.

In DD&MD, Mabel tries to bring up her concerns about the time Dipper's spending with Ford. In spite of brushing off his offer to play earlier, her newfound insecurity prompts her to try to reconnect with him. But in the process, she makes a tactless joke at his expense and hurts his feelings. She recognizes that, and withdraws. In Dipper's eyes, Ford is reaffirmed as the family member who "gets" him best. And when Ford asks him to keep Mabel out of the loop, he accepts Ford's assessment she can't be trusted with the truth.

TSC pitted the twins against Stan. They didn't trust him to succeed on his own, and Stan lets his pride get the better of him instead of putting his faith in their advice.

In TLM, neither Dipper nor Ford bring their siblings in on their secrets, even though it would logically add an extra layer of defense against Bill. Ford sends Mabel on what he thinks is a wild goose chase. Meanwhile, he and Dipper enact the real plan of encoding their minds. Dipper struggles with his curiosity about Ford's past, which quickly morphs into suspicion, and then fear. Ford tries to talk him down, but Dipper can't bring himself to trust him and shoots Ford. Ford, in turn, praises Dipper's fearfulness. Mabel returns with the unicorn hair, but that doesn't earn her any trust from her great uncle.

And all this comes to a head in D&MvtF, when Dipper's slow drift into Ford's orbit reaches its logical conclusion and Mabel's insecurity erupts.
>>
>>77964969
thats a damn fine summary anon. nice work!
>>
>>77964845
hmm.

question for /gfg/:: if Alex was aware of the hack memes, would he think it would be funny or would he be scared? srs qeuestion
>>
>>77965162
I feel like he's mentioned before feeling threatened by the internet presence and not finding it funny.

I don't have the sauce on it, it was an old tweet.
>>
>>77964969
>And all this comes to a head in D&MvtF, when Dipper's slow drift into Ford's orbit reaches its logical conclusion and Mabel's insecurity erupts.
...and they then resolve it in the most lackluster and predictable way that scoffs at any attempt to give Mabel an arc
>>
>>77965162
>Scared
>of some edits on 4chan
I'd think his reaction would fall between mild annoyance to mild enjoyment depending on how well done/ how many jew jokes we force onto it. It's not like he's afraid of anonymous or spoopy /co/ nerds
>>
>>77964845
Nah, it should be something from the actual show.

I'd say lets wait till after the finale and if there's any particularly nice frames from that we can use one of them.

If not, then a moment from NWHS. Let's commemorate the show being good.
>>
>>77965283
This 100%
>>
File: shrugbel.png (358KB, 609x609px) Image search: [Google]
shrugbel.png
358KB, 609x609px
>>77965283

Pretty much.
>>
In the unlikely event that I'm ever involved with the creation of a successful animated series, I promise I will come to /co/ to troll myself. I give my word.
>>
>>77965336
At least Mabel admitted that Dipper might've been lying to get her ass in gear.

Honestly the obvious answer is, "Go up to work with Ford in the summers." but you need something for the finale.
>>
>>77965295
D&MvtF was pretty decent, it just didn't have a satisfying outcome so far. I think people wrap it together with the weirdmageddon stuff but it was a pretty tight narrative and had good character moments. Honestly we just needed more time to expand on characters like Ford, Wendy and Gideon to make Weirdmageddon feel more final. I think half the problems we have with it is that we feel like it's ending too soon, before getting us that sweet sweet catharsis. Like a murakami novel, only less surreal.
>>
>>77965391
>Go up to work with Ford in the summers
I really fucking hope that's the resolution and Ford doesn't die, because Dip is in dire need of a friend who shares his interests and we already lost Tyrone ;_;
>>
>>77965162
>>77965227

He got into a tiff on twitter semi-recently with fans who were jokingly (and not so jokingly) threatening him over the upcoming events in the show post-D&MvtF. Basically, saying things like "if you hurt waddles i will hunt u down and murder u in ur sleep" and crap like that.

But he was offended by their rudeness rather than frightened by the threats themselves. I don't think he cares much about average shit talk online, and he seems to be able to spot empty threats well enough.

Whether he'd find it funny is another matter, though.
>>
>>77965162
>>77965627
>>77965227
Alex is sort of a puss
>>
>>77965592
It might be fine for a while, but spending most of your time with a socially awkward 60 year-old whose only friend is his 12-13 year-old nephew would probably become tiring eventually, no matter how much they shared interests.
>>
File: 1424755506585.jpg (52KB, 544x517px) Image search: [Google]
1424755506585.jpg
52KB, 544x517px
>no more shorts
>no spinoff
>>
>>77965738
Dat's why it's only during the summers, silly.
>>
>>77965997
You know, that might not be so bad, especially if Stan somehow managed to still be around. Dipper could study under Ford and go on adventures with him, and then throw a disguise on the old man and drag him into town for a bit for some much needed socialization.
>>
A joke I would love to see in the show that I'll never see:

>Mabel says something and emphasizes the word "five"
>she holds up all fingers in one hand, and one finger on the other hand
>>
>guise alex hates his dad so all the show's dads are bad lol

>Manly Dan is a single father, works hard, somehow makes time for his kids, and cared enough about his childrens' survival that he had them trained for the most extreme emergencies
>Old Man McGucket tries his hardest to be there for his son, but fails due to the portal and the memory erasing fucking his brain
>Bud has a shit child he is legitimately afraid of
>Robbie's dad is an honest man, just has a kid going through a phase
>>
>>77967965
Yeah, it doesn't make sense and is pretty forced. All hackposting is stale as fuck.

Wasn't there a thing in the last thread where most posters had said that pinecest was less of a cancer to /gfg/ than all the hackposting memes?
>>
File: you had one job.png (2MB, 960x1620px) Image search: [Google]
you had one job.png
2MB, 960x1620px
How did I not noticed this before. Bill blowing up the church tower was a major scene, too.
>>
>>77968089
In the thread before the last one, yeah. It was nearly unanimous that Pinecest offered more than hackposting. That said, it's not going anywhere anytime soon...though fewer do seem to be paying attention to it.
>>
File: 1408068227860.png (147KB, 500x458px) Image search: [Google]
1408068227860.png
147KB, 500x458px
>>77968381
well, it is adorable
>>
File: 1437025089529.jpg (207KB, 1024x1448px) Image search: [Google]
1437025089529.jpg
207KB, 1024x1448px
>>77968758
Indeed anon
>>
>>77968967
I still find it hilarious that if you remove the incest then this would be the most absolutely vanilla ship on /gfg/. People come up with some crazy fetish ideas for the others, but Pinecest is like, cuddling and holding hands and stuff.
>>
>>77968758
Three years ago I never thought I'd say this, but...it really IS adorable.
>>
>>77969083

Yeah, I'd heard of it before coming to /gfg/ and had thought the very idea was gross. Then I saw all the art posted here and the fics that got linked and now I'm shipper trash. No regrets though, its too cute.
>>
>>77963357

Are you even SUPPOSED to like Ford?
>>
>>77968758
>>77968967

>Mabel will never give Dipper a platonic kiss and tell him how lucky she is to have a brother like him
>>
>>77969555
I think we're supposed to acknowledge that he's a flawed character who made mistakes and cheer on his redemption.
>>
File: 1413065761593.png (269KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1413065761593.png
269KB, 700x700px
>>77970092
I'm fine with that. The show is great as is, and there's a wealth of cute romantic stuff in the fandom. No need to worry about trying to force it where it doesn't fit.
>>
File: 1439935727307.jpg (66KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
1439935727307.jpg
66KB, 500x374px
>>77967965
>>Old Man McGucket tries his hardest to be there for his son, but fails due to the portal and the memory erasing fucking his brain
>tfw we will never see a reconciliation between the two
>>
>>77970092
Don't worry anon, it can still happen like a little kiss on the cheek
>>
>>77970307

Not onscreen, anyway. The best we can hope for is probably a shot of them standing side-by-side as the twins leave the town, or something like that.
>>
This show has the best representation of cute and innocent sibling relationship. Don't ruin it with your sick fantasy, you incest faggot
>>
File: HER FINAL FORM.png (292KB, 700x900px) Image search: [Google]
HER FINAL FORM.png
292KB, 700x900px
>>77971755
Nah man.

It's too cute
>>
File: AngryBert.png (74KB, 244x273px) Image search: [Google]
AngryBert.png
74KB, 244x273px
>>77971813

>tfw they will never invent a button that makes all pinecestfags drop dead
>>
File: anna crying.gif (359KB, 500x622px) Image search: [Google]
anna crying.gif
359KB, 500x622px
>>77971933
>tfw they will never invent a button that makes all anti-incestfags understand the pure love between a brother and sister
>>
File: AngryFrog.jpg (24KB, 396x385px) Image search: [Google]
AngryFrog.jpg
24KB, 396x385px
>>77971981

>tfw you will never surgically remove anon's shit taste

Pinecest is a meme ship. Everyone knows Padippica is best.
>>
File: Kicked out.png (205KB, 500x359px) Image search: [Google]
Kicked out.png
205KB, 500x359px
>>77972009
Man, you just got even more wrong.

Padippica is the plebiest ship in all of GF.

Candip is less pleb-tier than Padippica
>>
>>77972009
>two characters who have barely interacted
>not a meme ship
>>
>>77972009
>Hetero pairings
>Ever
Oh the laughs. Dipper has got nothing but sorrow and disappointment from bitches and whores.
>>
>>77972055
That's Misha for you

A stupid faggot
>>
>>77967965
mcgucket having a son is weird as fuck
>>
>>77971755
If God didn't want us to ship pinecest, then how come he made it so damn adorable?
>>
>>
A reminder that Bill has legs but we've never seen him walking/running on his two legs
>>
>>77972550
A reminder that Bill has his bodymeats up through his hat- where he was shot which did nothing, so shooting him through the heart would also have done nothing. So Ford's plan to shoot Bill with the Cobra gun was never going to work.
>>
>>77972550
>>77972624
A reminder that Bill has a dick and is probably shoved Golden Ford up his asshole
>>
>>77972049
>>Padippica is the plebiest ship in all of GF.

I thought that was wendip.

>>77972624

Maybe he had some sort of vital organ in the triangle part of his body that Ford was aiming for.
>>
>>77972896
>Maybe he had some sort of vital organ in the triangle part of his body

Bill's eye seems like an obvious target. Given his association with sight, it would make sense if blinding him affected his powers.
>>
File: 15.png (84KB, 500x272px) Image search: [Google]
15.png
84KB, 500x272px
>>
File: 1445252451546.jpg (15KB, 540x634px) Image search: [Google]
1445252451546.jpg
15KB, 540x634px
>>77953097
Posting the most logical ship.

>I still don't like her though.
>>
File: 1449011591842.png (193KB, 500x411px) Image search: [Google]
1449011591842.png
193KB, 500x411px
>>77970364
Yeah, the kiss..
>>
File: 32.png (158KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
32.png
158KB, 500x281px
>>77973032
>>
File: 1449292822192.jpg (65KB, 553x525px) Image search: [Google]
1449292822192.jpg
65KB, 553x525px
>tfw we'll never see this many sexy chubs in one single show ever again
>>
File: bestship.png (86KB, 500x267px) Image search: [Google]
bestship.png
86KB, 500x267px
>>77973032
>>77973111
>>
File: 123.gif (934KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
123.gif
934KB, 500x281px
Strong feels.
>>
File: tumblr_nlda5jHyDe1qjtzkco2_500.gif (2MB, 500x284px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nlda5jHyDe1qjtzkco2_500.gif
2MB, 500x284px
>>77972550
>>
>>77973430
I want to bdsm bondage bill
>>
File: tallbill.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tallbill.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>77973430

It doesn't normally bother me, but Bill's S1 design looks awful after seeing his S2 design nonstop in the last couple of episodes.

I could take or leave the black outline and the bendier movement, but I'm glad they've kept his proportions more consistent since then.
>>
So, the show is over? I missed most of the last season.
>>
>>77971933

Please do not bully the Pinecest.

If it makes the moral crusaders unhappy, it makes me happy.

Besides, it's so cute.
>>
>>77973616
Finale airing sometime in early 2016
>>
File: 1449171465855.png (162KB, 859x477px) Image search: [Google]
1449171465855.png
162KB, 859x477px
>>77973547

But do you want to lovingly penetrate his tight, wet top hat? Would you like to tenderly massage your fingers against the slick velvet of its interior until the grip of Bill's tiny fingers trembles on the brim and he's begging you for more?
>>
>>77973762
Would you tease your tongue on the hat's edges and carefully moisturize it with warmth as you keep your eyes on his tiny hands trying to hide his embarrassment? How would you move your tongue inside him? Tantalise him? Devour him whole?
>>
File: why live.png (210KB, 585x508px) Image search: [Google]
why live.png
210KB, 585x508px
>>77974016

>you will never get to taste Bill's hot little top hat
>>
>>77952924
My only problem with the show ending here is that nothing ever really happened with Pacifica. They had one really good episode, then dropped her in the trash, it sucks.
>>
>>77974194
>They had one really good episode, then dropped her in the trash

She was never going to join the main cast, though. Even after NMM, you couldn't really call her and Dipper friends yet. There was no good reason for her to hang around the Shack or with the twins.

She's in the group of survivors there now, though. That's something. I'm confident she'll at least get a few lines and something to do in the finale.
>>
/gfg/ was everything I was warned and more.

It's terrible.

I was going to read here for a bit, get hyped, and try starting the series (last time I didn't really get on well with it).

I read elsewhere on /co/ that the fandom was why the creator was opting out of a full third season as originally planned, and I can believe it.
>>
>>77974313
>I read elsewhere on /co/ that the fandom was why the creator was opting out of a full third season as originally planned, and I can believe it.
nah, season 3 has been off the table for years - it was mentioned in some interview he did. i imagine the fact that it took 3 and a half years to get 2 seasons out was a big factor in deciding to shorten it. if you have a plan to tell a story that takes place over the course of a single summer but network scheduling would make it take 4-5 years to tell that it might be annoying.
>>
File: Water Towers Photo Loop.gif (893KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Water Towers Photo Loop.gif
893KB, 1920x1080px
>>77968150

Bill's AMA may have an explanation. He claimed to be mutiversal, seeing infinite variations.

What if Gravity Falls itself has a Doppelganger ¿

It would explain why Manly Dan was shown seated on a bench, turned to stone, but was also shown as part of the throne.

There could be more than one of him, and more than one Earth Bill is manipulating.

The water tower in Summerween changes in one frame. We've theorized on the forum the likelihood of it being error.

Considering the AMA multiverse reveal, I suspect it's a clue.
>>
File: best ship.gif (771KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
best ship.gif
771KB, 500x281px
>>77973400
>Not posting the fixed version
>>
>>77974512
What are you gonna do when Gravity Falls ends and no more of your theories can be confirmed?
>>
>>77974512
no
>>
>>77974512
Yeah, no.
>>
>>77974512
You're trying so hard to contribute but every single time you do the opposite. You damage the quality of every conversation you insert yourself into. And every time you are told this, and every time you sulk about it, and then every time you continue to do it.

This is why people hate you. Not because you're a fucking autist. Because you don't fucking learn. Retards can learn. Dogs can learn. Goldfish can learn. But you demonstrate time and time again that you are incapable of recognizing that the problem that you are having is that you are a shit person that people don't like.

You need to either completely change the person you are or completely stop interacting with people. Either way, step one is to leave this thread the fuck alone before you ruin it any more than you already have.
>>
>>77974587

Continue making theories about Gravity Falls among other things.

There are a ton of quips and references to wade through. People still look for hidden Bills, like hidden Mickeys.

Callbacks are only visible after the fact.

We've got books and probably movies to look forward to.

Hell, I'd wouldn't be surprised if they picked up a new season eventually. Hirsch looked exhausted. With some time to rest and think, maybe he'll want to do the voices again.

If not, there's plenty there already. Is /gfg/ expected to stop, along with the series?
>>
>>77974749
>Is /gfg/ expected to stop, along with the series?

/gfg/ creates content and has new discussions. All you do is constantly chew over the same shit and try desperately to come up with some original theory you can claim for your own because you are desperate for purpose and to be liked but you lack any sort of ability or charisma to achieve those goals. But you never will, because there's nothing left to be found. You're wasting your life, but it's okay, because you never would have achieved anything with it anyway. It's just a shame that instead of wasting your life quietly in a way that doesn't bother anyone else, you're doing it by being this walking avatar of anti-fun that sucks the joy out of every fandom he visits.
>>
>>77974740

I'm talking about Gravity Falls.
You're talking about a person.
You're off topic, not me.
You need to change. Not me.
Stop derailing OPs thread because you have beef dood...

I have no choice but to have a fucking name.
Get over it.
>>
>>77974749
>If not, there's plenty there already. Is /gfg/ expected to stop, along with the series?
yeah we'll likely be banned once the series is done, like other generals for dead shows. even if we aren't outright banned the threads would shrink and fizzle until there was nothing left that you could truly call /gfg/.

the fandom may limp along for a few years, producing less art and fics over time until eventually it stops and its followers jump to whatever new show catches their eye.

all human endeavor is fleeting, all art subject to the march of time.
>>
>>77974829
You'd only be talking about Gravity Falls is if your theory had any chance of being correct, which it doesn't, because your theory is so blatantly stupid that I wonder if you have some sort of mild retardation to go with your wildly obvious autism.
>>
File: 1442682659737.jpg (97KB, 659x597px) Image search: [Google]
1442682659737.jpg
97KB, 659x597px
>>77974817
Yikes, I'm not him or whatever but no need to be that harsh. Show some mercy.
>>
>>77974749
Noone treats you seriously. For example, Hirsch confirmed "Lebam" is just an animation error (and I saw your tweet under his tweet too) and two days ago you told me with a straight face it's a plausible theory. The quality of your stuff is terrible. Definitely not enough to convince /gfg/ to not shit on you for namefagging and self promotion.
>>
>>77974870
People have been showing mercy in the past ten threads he's posted in by gently suggesting that he either drop his name, make an effort to learn board culture and fit in, or go somewhere else where his brand of namefaggotry would fit in better. Every time he's sulked aggressively at the people that called him out and done absolutely nothing to better fit in to board culture. So the gloves are off.
>>
>>77974898

I've been anon since then. NonToxic and I were having a conversation. I must have responded to someone else by mistake.

I aint hurting nobody.
>>
>>77974996
I must be seeing things, I could have sworn I saw you start namefagging yet again
>>
>>77974996
Let me into your psyche. What made you come to /gfg/ instead staying on Reddit? Genuine question.
>>
>>77975023

I did. I thought I was talking to another namefag at the time.

Back to anon again. If I have to discuss something specific, I have to namefag, usually though, it's just general anon conversation.
>>
>>77975055
He couldn't face all the downvotes he was getting.
>>
>>77975063
Seriously, just drop the name. Completely. Never use it. You'll not get good responses because you don't have a good reason to have a name.

Jesus look at Misha.
Guy is singlehandedly responsible for a huge amount of content ever getting onto the Booru, and people still shit on him from time to time because he identifies himself out of anon. It's just not what you do around here.

Abandon the Sqoou identity completely. It's the smart, and considerate thing to do.
>>
>>77975111
B-but anon, he HAS to have a name (>>77975063 >>77974829) just in case we see Lebam in the final episode so we know whom to praise.
>>
Dipper and Mabel really just need to hurry up and fuck. I'm getting bored waiting for it.
>>
>>77975055

It's overrun by kids spamming Joaje.

It's a decent medium, but has it's flaws. Tbh I didn't want to sign up there or Tumblr in the first place. This project required it.

I'm an oldfag in disguise, believe it or not. I'm sorry I trolled you with my newfaggotry act. I've actually been here all summer.

There are adult conversations here. Reddit is for kids. I've been waiting for the finale to have discussions with you guys.

It's just, sometimes I have to speak as myself. We have that option and some of us use it from time to time.

I mean, all of us are here on Saturday and Sunday. My psyche isn't that different from any other faggot who wastes his life in this shit hole every day.

No one cared who I was until I put on the name.
>>
>>77975153

Mabel looks so worried there.
The only other time I saw that look was in Boy Crazy.
>>
>>77975170
>I'm sorry I trolled you with my newfaggotry act. I've actually been here all summer.

I have no words.
>>
File: 1444694977120.jpg (12KB, 239x211px) Image search: [Google]
1444694977120.jpg
12KB, 239x211px
>>77975170
>I'm an oldfag in disguise, believe it or not. I'm sorry I trolled you with my newfaggotry act. I've actually been here all summer.
Good god
>>
>>77975190
he's too close to the absolute platonic ideal of a newfag to be real. he has to be trolling.

just really badly.
>>
I can't wait for twincest.
>>
>>77975170
>Been here all summer
Oh lord this has to be a joke
>>
>>77975153
Have fun waiting for something that only exists on headcanon
>>
>>77975225
I'm an oldfag in disguise, believe it or not. I'm sorry I trolled you with my newfaggotry act. I've actually been here all summer. There are adult conversations here. Reddit is for kids. I've been waiting for the finale to have discussions with you guys. It's just, sometimes I have to speak as myself. We have that option and some of us use it from time to time. I mean, all of us are here on Saturday and Sunday. My psyche isn't that different from any other faggot who wastes his life in this shit hole every day. No one cared who I was until I put on the name.
>>
>>77975170
>I'm an oldfag in disguise, believe it or not.
>I've actually been here all summer.
Holy shit.
>I mean, all of us are here on Saturday and Sunday. My psyche isn't that different from any other faggot who wastes his life in this shit hole every day.
This is a joke, right?
>>
>>77975230

Copy Pasta.

Nailed it ...
>>
>>77975170
I this pasta?

This feels like pasta.

This is just a joke right guys?
>>
>>77975205
I want to believe this but this faggot's Reddit account has been active for a year with hundreds of submissions and thousands of posts. Would someone do so much groundwork for so little payoff?
>>
File: avatar.jpg (8KB, 224x224px) Image search: [Google]
8KB, 224x224px
>>77975170
>I'm an oldfag in disguise, believe it or not. I'm sorry I trolled you with my newfaggotry act. I've actually been here all summer.
>>
>>77975260
>Would someone do so much groundwork for so little payoff?
yes? that's what being a dedicated troll usually boils down to.
>>
>>77975245

That's how we talk. Isn't it?
4chan is a toilet. etc
A golden toilet imo.

Look. I'm sorry if my being here cause anger. It won't be for very long, for obvious reasons.

Can't you just ignore me until I eventually move on? We're getting OPs thread way off topic, for no real reason at all.
>>
>>77975289
There is no 'we'. You are not one of us.
>>
>>77975260
You have no real way of knowing if they guy posting here is the same guy though or just someone who saw all the reddit posts and decided to take on an autistic persona to fuck around on here for a while.

Some people do strange things for entertainment.
>>
File: TriangleBait.jpg (20KB, 267x124px) Image search: [Google]
TriangleBait.jpg
20KB, 267x124px
>>77975170
>I trolled you with my newfaggotry act. I've actually been here all summer.
>No one cared who I was until I put on the name.

Trolling so golden
Stan would buy it and bury it for the apocalypse.
>>
>>77975326
This seem increasingly likely.

Like, more and more, it feels as though each post is designed and curated to invoke ire. He hit every single newfag button just too fast, too hard, and too precisely to be anything but a troll.
>>
>>77975316

Gooble Gobble. One of us.
yes I am.

You talk to me all the time and loose your shit whenever I use my name.

I chimed in way to fast though and it caused a bit of a backlash.

The goal of the fandom since day one was to theorize what the show had in mind. Having a name is just a requirement in this instance.

My schtick happens to be "crazy conspiracy theorist"

I aint hurtin nobody by saying "Maybe there's a multiverse."

I said "Maybe there's a flying saucer under the town" and people said that was stupid too.
>>
>>77975364
alright now that we've figured that out we can safely ignore it and get back to talking about the real purpose of these threads: incest.
>>
File: result.png (39KB, 599x378px) Image search: [Google]
result.png
39KB, 599x378px
What was the point of this? Was it just a Disney Infinity poll?
>>
>>77975402

I bet I know what was behind Mabel's double doors for Dipper in Mabeland.

I bet it was her vagina.
>>
>>77975417

Maybe they were voting on who would die, without telling the audience.
>>
>>77975364

I've had a few impersonators since coming here.
I just wanna talk about Gravity Falls.

I guess I'll go.
>>
>>77975419
It was the six other Mabels. Since Dipper didn't take the bait Mabel used them as the jury instead.
>>
File: 1444959716560.jpg (257KB, 498x758px) Image search: [Google]
1444959716560.jpg
257KB, 498x758px
>>77975458
>I guess I'll go.
>>
>>77974857

Stargate SG-1, a major influence for Gravity Falls, went on for ten years.
Your post is so accurate and intelligent, it brings a tear to my eye.
>>
>>77975458
I can list all of your anon posts in this thread with 100% accuracy, for example this one: >>77975419
>her vagina
Do your parents know you are browsing 4chan?
>>
>>77975480

I felt that way when Will left Tested.
No hard feelings.
>>
>>77975483
>Stargate SG-1, a major influence for Gravity Falls, went on for ten years.
>Your post is so accurate and intelligent, it brings a tear to my eye.
i really can't tell if this is sarcasm or not.
>>
>>77975458
Better to leave for friendlier shores I think.
You clearly struggle with being here, and are making no great strides (at least not in the right direction) to fit in better.

Good luck wherever you end up I guess.
>>
>>77975491

See? I do have anon posts.

It's a metaphor for opening or spreading.

I was only half joking immaturely.

They probably put that in there for us.
>>
>>77975528
He's not going anywhere, he said he's going many times and he pops right back up, with his name and everything.
>>
>>77975471
I'd want to see something with the jury of Mabels vs Dipper Classic, Dippy Fresh, Tyrone the Copy Clone, Paper Jam Dipper and Bipper.
>>
>>77975528

Hey. I tried.

I have social issues.
Making friends anywhere is tough.

Off to Reddit with me.
Later dorks !!!
>>
File: Booper.jpg (293KB, 862x1796px) Image search: [Google]
Booper.jpg
293KB, 862x1796px
>>
File: wubba lubba dub dub.jpg (118KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
wubba lubba dub dub.jpg
118KB, 1280x720px
Do you think Ford would be too straight-edge to hang with Rick?
>>
File: tumblr_nwejo8q0Cn1rjlj06o1_1280.jpg (158KB, 500x580px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwejo8q0Cn1rjlj06o1_1280.jpg
158KB, 500x580px
>>77976516
Not after a few drinks.
>>
File: stopford pines.png (264KB, 610x584px) Image search: [Google]
stopford pines.png
264KB, 610x584px
>>77976516

I'd like to say no. Hanging out with Bill (even Bill on his best behaviour) should have loosened him up a little. But recalling the "focus on your intellect" scene in D&MvtF, Ford's probably too uptight to use any mind altering substances himself.

He'd sit there, just watching Rick drink, making huffy little comments about how alcohol abuse decreases brain volume and does Rick know that his judgement is irreparably impaired by his dependency.
>>
>>77976245
What is this a reference to?
>>
>>77976819

Twin Peaks. It fits perfectly, and it's also a massive spoiler for the show.
>>
>>77963375
Nah, that sounds like it would take actual effort to write. In all seriousness though, I'm a fan of Weirdmagedon Part 2 but I like your idea better; in fact, your idea sounds like it could have the potential to be even more feelsy than what we got. Just imagine Mabel slowly realizing that what Dipper is saying is true, but still trying to lie to herself. I'm seein' tears, I'm seein' Dipper having to raise his voice at Mabel to get her to accept harsh reality. Could have been something...
>>
File: Stan's Lodge.jpg (889KB, 1164x3165px) Image search: [Google]
Stan's Lodge.jpg
889KB, 1164x3165px
>>77976819
Twin Peaks. Gravity Falls is essentially Twin Peaks for children in a LOT of ways.
>>
>>77976873
I dunno man, it's unpredictable enough that even with seeing the Booper image, the turn will probably still surprise you.
>>
>>77976786
Bill would probably slip something in his drink.
>>
>>77975213
>Still no "Dipper struggling against the Mabel Jury" art/fics
I guess it's a sign of restraint.
>>
File: Bootlegger Pines.png (936KB, 893x726px) Image search: [Google]
Bootlegger Pines.png
936KB, 893x726px
So what was behind the Door for Dipper in Mabel's bubble?
>>
TROPERFAGS GET OUT
GET OUT NOW
>>
>>77977999
>restraint
>fanartists and fanfic writers
good one
>>
>>77978327
In this AU is Soos a Cubano like the real Soos?
>>
>>77977395
They both have no season three. Both series tanked in parts of season two due to lack of creator interest. Best girl lost due to pressures of IRL relationships.
>>
>>77978429
>Best girl lost due to pressures of IRL relationships
But Grenda is doing just fine though anon?
>>
File: 1446683503381.png (176KB, 374x528px) Image search: [Google]
1446683503381.png
176KB, 374x528px
>>77977713

Bill would cut out the middleman by possessing Ford's body and drinking himself stupid. He'd wait until the hangover started to kick in and then leave Ford to deal with the aftermath.

>>77978429

They both rushed the resolution of their most interesting mystery components and struggled with pacing immediately after.
>>
>>77978446
Just like qt was going to end up with Coop, Grenders was going to win the Dipbowl. They both got off pretty good with a rich ass gary stu bf, but all the work to introduce these new characters and throwing out episodes of buildup to the canceled ship was detrimental to both series.
>>
>>77978387
I feel like in the North West he'd make more sense as the child of a Chinese Migrant worker. His father came out west a a child with his parents during the gold rush, but always heard great stories of the cities back East and eventually went back after siring Soos (Which should probably be short for something other than Jesus).
>>
>>77978502
>shipping Grenda with Dipper
Anon please.

She deserves better.
>>
File: best girl.png (297KB, 942x566px) Image search: [Google]
best girl.png
297KB, 942x566px
>>77978429
>>77978446
the only good development and chemistry that happened with any ship happened in a fucking video game anyway.
>>
File: 1448689359423.png (212KB, 692x841px) Image search: [Google]
1448689359423.png
212KB, 692x841px
>>77978611
Pacifica>Wendy>Grenda>Mabel>Candy

Dipper would've probably gone out with Candy if she had just asked him, and didn't find a need for him to apologize to her.

That little bitch had her chance.
>>
File: oh boy here we go.png (482KB, 2440x3276px) Image search: [Google]
oh boy here we go.png
482KB, 2440x3276px
>>77978864
i like when autists try to define their opinion as some meaningless math equation.

its especially helpful when they have tired, generic, ironic meme opinions like "pacifica is the best girl"
>>
So when is that little faggot Hirsch going to release the air date of the series finale?

Secondly anyone think anybody else out there will be stupid enough to give the dwarf a chance on another network?
>>
>>77979043
No clue about the release but i'm fairly sure he's going to try to latch on to R&M until he is politely told to go away.
>>
File: Angry little shit.jpg (289KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
Angry little shit.jpg
289KB, 540x960px
>>77979043
>>
>>77979109
i see someone is trying real hard to take the fun out of alexposting
>>
>>77979043
I was going to respond with what I think might happen, but then I realized that you're just hackposting under the guise of a legitimate question.

But I guess I can't blame you for that, since no one actually cares about hackfaggots.
>>
Is it really so hard for anyone to believe people may have soured on Alex a little?
>>
File: pedoman.jpg (308KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
pedoman.jpg
308KB, 540x960px
>>77979194
>>
>>77979709
There are plenty of conversations, even within this thread, about how Alex may have brought about a disappointing end the the series, and still more criticizing individual episodes. There are comments on Alex's behavior, past and present, that while may be somewhat subjective are perfectly fine.

That is not hackposting, however. Hackposting utilizes buzz words and petty insults, and exists largely because some anons are attention whores, and others enjoy stale meme jokes that may have been amusing at one time but now just elicit a tiresome eye rolling.

One has the right here to say what they wish, just as others have the right to call it shit.
>>
File: just fuck my hiatus up.png (119KB, 400x281px) Image search: [Google]
just fuck my hiatus up.png
119KB, 400x281px
>>77979915
like all memes people ran alexposting into the ground, it was pretty funny and even manzi (and probably alex by proxy) got in it at times. when the manzi break up happened, i think that disillusioned a lot of fans here with alex and the hate became a little more real.

however you are right about us reserving the right to criticize alex, S2b has been mediocre at best and the finale episodes had near non-existent build up.
>>
File: 1444776827662.png (183KB, 445x652px) Image search: [Google]
1444776827662.png
183KB, 445x652px
>>77963856
>>77964056
But isn't all of DP's Mabels just tweens?

>Going to miss DP's Mabel.
>>
File: 1447723449974.jpg (36KB, 630x914px) Image search: [Google]
1447723449974.jpg
36KB, 630x914px
>>77972009
It is a logical ship..
>>
>>77967810
I think Phineas and Ferb did that joke already.
>>
File: 1434394941854.png (248KB, 384x609px) Image search: [Google]
1434394941854.png
248KB, 384x609px
Rule34 on big-nosed brown woman please.
>>
File: loss.jpg (1MB, 1541x1142px) Image search: [Google]
loss.jpg
1MB, 1541x1142px
So where do we go from here once the show is over?
>>
>>77980802
We wait for the new season of Samurai Jack and the Hey Arnold movie, while hoping that Disney might decide to revive the show in some form.
>>
File: 1448546430597.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1448546430597.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>77980802
Another general I guess.
>>
>>77980343
DPs drawings are all very definitively teens, not tweens.

Tweens is what the twins are now, 11 or 12 year olds just on the cusp of puberty.

DPs are aged up.
>>
File: 1371693738938.png (47KB, 500x275px) Image search: [Google]
1371693738938.png
47KB, 500x275px
>>77980802
New Venture Bros season
>>
>>77980925
>cusp of puberty
We had an entire episode dedicated to Dipper acquiring his first pubic hair. He's canonically under the effects of puberty.
>>
>>77980802
Channel /frz/ and spam /gfg/ all the time?
>>
>>77953362
2 pentagrams. 5 points of good and 5 points of evil. They have to make amends and work together to seel Bill
Dipper- Robbie
Mabel- Pacifica
Stan- Gideon
Ford- Filbrick
Soos- Ice Bag?
>>
>>77980979
>chest hair
>pubic hair

Either you are confused, or you should never, ever take off your shirt in public.
>>
>>77981002
No way. /gfg/ may be a cancer, but we have more class than that.

We'll still have an occasional general thread, I expect. Maybe make it a monthly thing.
>>
>>77981093
Forgive my poor grammar. Still, you don't get proper chest hair until you hit puberty, so my point stands.
>>
File: 1447101564857.png (440KB, 650x980px) Image search: [Google]
1447101564857.png
440KB, 650x980px
>>77980925
I've always thought that was 14-15?
>>
File: Tween Redirects here.jpg (82KB, 1106x387px) Image search: [Google]
Tween Redirects here.jpg
82KB, 1106x387px
>>77981260
Nope
>>
>>77981207
Don't mind me, I knew what you meant. I was just making a silly joke.
>>
>>77981260

Nah. "Tween" is short for "between", as in "between a child and a teenager". So yeah, 11-12.
>>
File: 1447640988621.jpg (319KB, 1234x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1447640988621.jpg
319KB, 1234x1080px
Probably going to write a fanfic about Dipper succumbing to the temptations of Mabel's bubble tbph. No incest/Wendip shit, just things as simple as his parents showing up, apologising for neglecting him, and promising to never leave him again, as well as being the popular kid in school.
>>
>>77981370
Sounds like base-level wish fulfillment schlock to be honest.

I'm interested.
>>
>>77981260
You've been using that word incorrectly for quite a while now. We've been dropping some subtle hints.
>>
>>77952924
>Next episode: Early 2016, "Weirdmageddon III" 1 HOUR SERIES FINALE
Someone end this suffering. Why is Disney so fucking awful?
>>
>>77981370

Nice to see these threads encouraging people to pursue creative hobbies. Usually that creativity is used for complete degeneracy, but that's still better than nothing.
>>
>>77981370

You'll be doing the fandom a service if you do, anon. There's so much squandered potential in how the bubble was executed. I hope a lot of alternate takes get written for both Dipper and Mabel. Lewd or not.

>>77981427

It's perfect. That's exactly what the bubble ought to have been: a gateway to become a Mary Sue in your own life.
>>
>>77980951
In 2018
>>
>>77981370
Man I wish the episode had this kind of shit in it. Instead of even really being about fantasy vs.reality, it was about "would you like to live in a 1980s world/Lisa Frank drawing." The only part that got into some meaningful shit was Soos' dad. I feel they kinda pussied out with no Wendy's mom, too.
>>
>>77981477
A little degeneracy isn't so bad. Treat it like spice and use it sparingly, and it can pep a work up.
>>
>>77981672
>"would you like to live in a 1980s world/Lisa Frank drawing"
that kind of sounds like a fantasy to me though? its not like escapism and dreaming about going to fantastical worlds isn't a thing that people do.
>>
File: 1435198440910.jpg (5KB, 281x179px) Image search: [Google]
1435198440910.jpg
5KB, 281x179px
>>77952924
I'm so excited to see GFG at its last limb, once the final episode rolls around and we'll actually have one of the last threads for this general. It's going to be such a shit show. I can't wait.
>>
>>77981710

Oh I'm not against a little harmless degeneracy. If someone can turn their inner weirdness into entertainment then they should go for it.
>>
>>77981466
yeah I don't get it, what's with these crazy hiatuses (hiatii?)
is the show unfinished or something?
>>
I will be very disappointed if Dipper & Pacifica don't kiss on the lis on screen, and in continuity, before the series ends.
Also, he should hug Candy and Wendy goodbye.
>>
>>77981867
Disney have some scheduling method that maximizes the number of people that watch an episode. Hirsch thought it was bullshit and pulled some strings to get two episodes shown back-to-back a while ago and there were apparently significantly less viewers so maybe there's something to it.
>>
>>77981672

There was no time for it, but what I really would have liked is a scenario where they're all separated as soon as they entered the bubble. Each character would get their own personalized dreamworld based on their deepest wishes.

Dipper would be cool, with a popular blog/internet ghost hunting show and a bunch of fans who hang on to his every word. He'd simultaneously live in Gravity Falls, working with Ford, as well as keeping everything he loved back in Piedmont. He'd be dating someone like Wendy, and he'd have a best friend who was basically Tyrone. He'd have a Mabel he never fought with and whom he was always able to protect.

Wendy would find herself in a Gravity Falls transformed into a big city. She'd leave behind all the boredom of small town life and start fresh in a school where everyone looks up to her the way Dipper and Mabel do. She wouldn't have to work during the summer. Her family would be more normal instead of hyper aggressive macho nuts, and her mother would be back in her life.

Soos would be Stan's acknowledged successor, yet somehow his father would also be there and not a tremendous asshole. Melody would live close by (but not too close). He'd always say and do the right thing, and he'd never mess up and get yelled at by Stan or his friends. And, uh. That's pretty much it for Soos, I guess. He's a simple guy.
>>
>>77981943
Out of the millions of things that could be put into a 22/44 minute episode that is all ages and is designed to have something for everyone, it would be incorrect for them to not include the thing that I personally want them to put in.
>>
>>77981742
>its not like escapism and dreaming about going to fantastical worlds isn't a thing that people do.

There was a good post relevant to this a few threads ago I wish I'd thought to cap. The gist of it was that Mabel isn't the sort of character who habitually withdraws into an internal fantasy world. Instead, she projects her fantasies outward onto the world around her. She's all about living her dreams out in real life: pursuing the perfect summer romance, throwing amazing parties, making a bunch of friends, and exercising her creativity to surround herself with things she loves. She's a classic extrovert.

If you look at it that way, it doesn't make sense that her supposed fantasy had so little realness to it. Most of what she was afraid of losing when she went into the bubble was firmly grounded in reality: her brother's love and support, her new best friends, and her pet. Waddles and an alternate Dipper were inside the bubble, but they seemed like bit players rather than the main feature. Dippy Fresh was played wholly for laughs.

Mabeland was fantastical, all right, but it was also superficial. All flash and callbacks and '90s references, and very little heart.
>>
>>77983045
>There was a good post relevant to this a few threads ago I wish I'd thought to cap. The gist of it was that Mabel isn't the sort of character who habitually withdraws into an internal fantasy world. Instead, she projects her fantasies outward onto the world around her. She's all about living her dreams out in real life: pursuing the perfect summer romance, throwing amazing parties, making a bunch of friends, and exercising her creativity to surround herself with things she loves. She's a classic extrovert.

This is a really good point.
>>
>>77983028
Take heart, Anon, we're not alone in this!
>>
>>77982114

I was really hoping we'd get something along these lines and was actually glad we got a little bit of it. I'd happily sacrifice Roadside Attraction to have turned this episode's concept into a two parter, much more carefully executed.
>>
>>77983436
That was the real tragedy of RA. Not that it was debatably the worst episode of the series (most shows do have at least one like that), but that so many better ideas that could have added to the end game were set aside for the sake of it.
>>
File: glitch-face-swarenstien.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
glitch-face-swarenstien.png
2MB, 1366x768px
do you even HAVE a good laptop to watch HD cartoons on.
>>
>>77983961
Nope. All I have is four year old low end mini netbook, and this stuff is the norm for me.

Amusing screencap, though.
>>
File: reasons.png (765KB, 2030x600px) Image search: [Google]
reasons.png
765KB, 2030x600px
>>77984110
VLC kills me with this, I use KMPlayer but occasionally resort back to VLC when KMP only plays audio from MKV files (usually South Park episodes?)

Glad you were amused though. I've got more that are more ironic and amusing, but I'd rather wait on posting them.
>>
>>77984110
Have you tried Linux?
>>
>>77984110
>four year old laptop
beat 8 years with the hd crashing about every year now.
>>
File: Costanza.jpg (85KB, 500x628px) Image search: [Google]
Costanza.jpg
85KB, 500x628px
>>77984264
Get outta here /g/
>>
>>77984172
I always hear about vlc doing that sort of stuff but I've been using it for years and only ran into it a couple of times. Must be one of the lucky ones.
>>
File: waffles with a side of reality.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
waffles with a side of reality.png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>77984329
1080p is a nightmare when I used to watch other cartoons on it, I couldn't imagine live action. Speaking of which, I'm going to go see how the Live Action Madness Bubbles scene goes.

Have a ironic glitched image with the Reality portal on top of the waffle guy perfectly
>>
File: tumblr_n2t4n1bLgf1qjo6cpo1_500.png (163KB, 500x310px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n2t4n1bLgf1qjo6cpo1_500.png
163KB, 500x310px
Sauce on this artist please?
>>
>>77984612

Limey.

http://limey404.com/
>>
File: 3737357730.jpg (113KB, 408x408px) Image search: [Google]
3737357730.jpg
113KB, 408x408px
God dammit why am I looking at shota Will Cipher pictures all of a sudden. Fuck this shit.
>>
>>77984612
If you want her Pinecest stuff, she's Doublepines

doublepines.tumblr.com
>>
>>77981943

It's a cute ship, but would that really make sense? Dipper and Pacifica really only had part of an episode where they were on decent terms and it's never been brought up since.
>>
>>77984887
given this tweet and dipper's personality, it's never gon' happen
>>
>>77984975

Looks like she feels something, only Dipper has to give it a chance
>>
>>77984997
the implication is that because she's insecure she won't make a first move since she won't believe that someone could actually like her for her

however if the big dipp openly went for her it would make the ship canon

but we know there's noway he's gonna go for it so it's never gonna happen
>>
>>77980802
LOL
>>
>>77980802

Loss Mabel
>>
>>77984264
No, but I might give it a try when I get a new proper computer.

>>77984295
Been there too. I feel for you, man.
>>
>>77980802
This doesn't work as well as it could.
>>
>>77981969
I liken Disney's approach to airing the episodes to giving out rations

They give fleeting amounts of content, make people hungry for more, and then force us to wait for more.

And each time this cycle repeats, they make us wait a little longer.
>>
>i could really use a new computer of some kind
>>
>>77980802
We get together and with /gfg/'s combined resources we make a fan episode where everything we want to happen happens
>>
File: working on a new world.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
working on a new world.png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>77985824
>liking disney torturing us
your one of them, aren't you?
>>
>>77985895
"liken" means "to compare"
>>
>>77985895
Liken

lik·en
ˈlīkən/
verb
verb: liken; 3rd person present: likens; past tense: likened; past participle: likened; gerund or present participle: likening

point out the resemblance of someone or something to.
"they likened the reigning emperor to a god"
>>
>>77985969
>>77986042

My bad, thought it was like with an accidental n at the end.

I thought it was a typo
>>
>>77986092
It's no problem. I wouldn't have bothered pointing it out, but English is not the first language of everyone in this general and I mistakenly thought that might be the case here. I figured pointing things out discreetly can help someone in the future.
>>
File: texting_by_fallenjrblue-d5rspeg.png (184KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
texting_by_fallenjrblue-d5rspeg.png
184KB, 500x600px
Post your season 3 episode plots lads.

Dipper falls in love with Tambry.

Unable to confess, he is gifted with by a deus ex machina with her phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls her, and is overjoyed to find out that she has a crush on him as well.

But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day's confessions to Tambers, she only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the Tambry he called is not the same Tambry he fell in love with. In fact, she doesn't exist in this universe at all. She is Tambry's alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with Dipper's own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of her crush.

Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of LOVE.
>>
>>77986408
Sounds awful
>>
So will we get the Gravity Falls winter special where for whatever reason twins go to Gravity Falls in the winter with snow and shit and fight an evil Snowman or something?
>>
>>77986408
Well copypaste'd my friend.
>>
File: S1e20_grunkle_stan_crying_oh_no.png (717KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
S1e20_grunkle_stan_crying_oh_no.png
717KB, 800x450px
>>77986551
too soon
>>
File: 1343008753352.jpg (14KB, 413x216px) Image search: [Google]
1343008753352.jpg
14KB, 413x216px
Gravity Falls? More like Gravity Fails!
>>
>>77986551
Who knows what will happen once the series proper ends?

Or, maybe that's something the fans can write, organize and put together. See >>77985869
>>
>>77981370
Wasn't it fairly obvious that Wendy was behind Dipper's door, given how the story progressed afterward?
>>
>>77986551
Well, Phineas & Ferb got the OWCA special post series. Who knows?
>>
File: tmp_24227-images(2)284076352.jpg (4KB, 303x167px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_24227-images(2)284076352.jpg
4KB, 303x167px
I'm 70% sure that the part 3 is going to be disney's End of Evangelion.
>>
>>77987383
So shit?
>>
File: 2642642642.png (624KB, 705x762px) Image search: [Google]
2642642642.png
624KB, 705x762px
>>77987383
>really trippy shit where one of the female characters becomes huge and destroys the world
>ends with Dipper strangling Mabel on a featureless beach hellscape

I sincerely wish.

EoE was pretentious and overrrated as fuck but it was definitely interesting, memorable, and yes, daring.

I'm expecting a very paint by numbers ending with a bit of Power of Love and Friendship and a lot of unfunny, repetitive jokes.

Really surreal, mindfuck, reality warping shit is what I've wanted for this whole arc, and what we should have gotten, but it's not delivering so far, instead we mostly get lolrandumb.

Hell, I'd even have preferred a first Evangelion tv series end with some weird AUs and everyone clapping and saying "Congratulations!" while Dipper spills his spaghetti than what we got.
>>
Hey guys, quick question. I have some fresh Pinecest OC for you. What's the best way to get it into your horny little hands without getting b&? again
>>
File: image.jpg (382KB, 1536x1964px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
382KB, 1536x1964px
>>
>>77986408
I'd like to think that Season 3 is like 2B with more steady build-up until the finale. Here's what i propose:
1&2. Tale Of Two Stans
3. Dipper's first confrontation with ford episode
4. DDmD
5. Some monster of the week episode
6. Wendy and stan bonding episode
7. The teenager episode
8. Roadside attraction without the romance hijinks, mabel and ford asked to stay to handle the shack, dipper, stan and soos goes on revenge trip.
9. Pacifica episode, involving the gnome. They kidnapped here, so dipper and mabel have to save her.
10. The stanchurian candidate
11. Some comfy episode focusing on dipper and mabel trying to fix their grunkle's relationship maybe with fishing trip or else
12. Gideon breakout episode to take revenge of the pines
13. The last mabelcorn, without bill cipher reveal, focusing on mabel's questionable morality
14. Another bunker episode with ford's confrontation with mcgucket
15. Bill Cipher reveal episode
16. Dipper and mabel vs the future
17, 18, 19, 20. Weirdmageddon arc
>>
>>77988663
Dishonest hack. Lying manlet. Greedy Jew.
>>
File: tumblr_nueybbLW2P1uwmpkao1_500.png (160KB, 470x479px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nueybbLW2P1uwmpkao1_500.png
160KB, 470x479px
>>77988663

Bullshit it couldn't support three seasons. This ending arc could and should have been spread out to be done well and we didn't get cool shit like Wendy and Stan stealing crap together. It think Alex wanted out, and I understand why, working on these kinds of series is supposed to be utter hell, I've heard lots from creators about exhaustion and breakdowns, but that's an excuse.

Maybe if the companies producing these shows weren't such other dicks to their creators and other employees these things wouldn't happen.
>>
>>77988777
>777
I want that Stan/Wendy episode so badly
>>
>>77988777
>This ending arc could and should have been spread out

You mean like SU where it took forever to get anywhere plotwise?
>>
>>77988355
linking to it should be fine I guess
>>
File: 1361154449766.png (8KB, 493x402px) Image search: [Google]
1361154449766.png
8KB, 493x402px
>>77988663
My heart...it hurts.
>>
>>77978611
The game pushed Padippica more
>>
>>77988663
Alex's incompetence and ultimate disservice to the fans
>>
>>77988828
No one even mentioned SU before you faggot.
>>
>>77986408
I like it
>>
>>77986763
Where's Half Life 3, you fat fuck
>>
>>77989133
I mentioned it as a parallel to another series that spent forever building up for a lackluster payoff.
>>
>>77988663
>cartoon brew

Also, why was Alex so afraid of filler?
Not like he spent a lot of time on the mystery
>>
>>77988777

I wonder if the full truth will come out soon.

Twinstitute and burglar Wendy would've been great
>>
>>77989264
What arc are you mentioning?
>>
>>77989296
the fuck is twinstitute?
>>
>>77989296
>I wonder if the full truth will come out soon.
It won't

Animators rarely speak ill of former employers
That's how you get ostracized
>>
>>77989270
It's weird. Now he's saying it was always about the characters first and foremost, "filler" would only flesh them out more. Much needed in the case of Wendy and Ford. Not to mention the possibilities of a redeemed Pacifica
>>
Hopefully the last episode will have some amazing gravity feels and good continuity.
>>
>>77989364
I understand lots of these companies are hell to work for and what they ask of their employees just isn't sustainable for many humans. I know in the U.S. we have this "suck it up even if your bosses are unrealistic, abusive dickwads" attitude but that's not conducive to quality in a lot of cases.
>>
>>77989403
Filler also requires coming up with unique plots and dialogue to fill a whole season worth of extra episodes without getting stale or repeating yourself.

Maybe he was running out of things to do with the characters and just didn't have enough ideas to keep going. That's normal really, and not unexpected. If you run stuff too long you end up getting all shitty and worn out like the SImpsons.
>>
>>77989605
>Maybe he was running out of things to do with the characters and just didn't have enough ideas to keep going.
Then he should have let others make up new material
>>
>>77988707
This feels like it could have been something worth waiting for instead of, well, you know

Oh well, I guess we'll always have fanfics and comics or something
>>
>>77989692

Considering Love God and RA already resulted in character butchery, this might be even worse the more the show drags on.
>>
>>77989605
>Maybe he was running out of things to do with the characters and just didn't have enough ideas to keep going.

We only saw a fraction of the journals; Monster of the Week shenanigans could have been interesting.
>>
>>77989692
If I created a set of characters and had a specific story to tell the last thing I would want to do is hand it over to someone else. You feel a sense of ownership for your ideas - yes Gravity Falls is a show produced for a company, but the creator is the origin of the idea. All they provide is the financing.

>>77989811
We got plenty of those though, its not like we were short on fun episodes just involving the gang finding some goofy monster to deal with.

Why force more? That would lead to a decrease in quality over time as they just throw more material out to fill time.
>>
>>77989605
I don't think it's fair to compare the possibility of going one extra season as planned is fair to compare the Simpsons, which has been running for coming up on 30 years.

It sounds like they scrapped a lot of promising ideas.

Really the simplest explnantion is that they didn't know if they'd be renewed for a season 3 and just wanted to actually finish the story.

We'll probably never know what went on behind closed doors. It makes no sense to be pissed at Alex. We'll probably never know what happened. Making a show is a very complicated and stressful process.
>>
>>77988707
>>77989715

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqBIzw6z_Kk&feature=youtu.be

so close
>>
File: suicidal Wendy.png (111KB, 398x238px) Image search: [Google]
suicidal Wendy.png
111KB, 398x238px
(WAKE ME UP)
WAKE ME UP INSIDE
(I CAN'T WAKE UP)
WAKE ME UP INSIDE
SAVE ME

CALL MY NAME
AND SAVE ME FROM THE FALLS
>>
Reading these threads, I sometimes wonder if everyone would have been better off if Gravity Falls had never been greenlit and Disney had instead just made a followup series to Fish Hooks.
>>
>>77988663
>HIDF will defend this
>>
>>77989918
>I don't think it's fair to compare the possibility of going one extra season as planned is fair to compare the Simpsons, which has been running for coming up on 30 years.

The simpsons is an extreme example yeah, but that doesn't mean that it still wasn't a possibility. Lots of shows that get recognized for their quality have seasons that last 10 or 12 episodes, or sometimes have shorter runtimes - Gravity Falls did 20+ episode seasons and a bunch of extra shorts.

Lots of full season shows have a few memorable episodes spread out among some drab forgettable ones, meanwhile here at /gfg/ we complain about the quality of a handful of episodes tops and most people agree that the 'average' episode of Gravity Falls is pretty high quality. Especially for a Disney Channel cartoon that probably had a lot of good shit censored out of it thanks to S&P.
>>
>>77990097
It's 4chan, people will complain no matter what.
>>
>>77990160
You could hand out free gold bricks and oral sex to the average poster and most of them would be online in minutes whining that the bricks could be bigger and the blowjobs wetter.
>>
>>77990160
Very true. However, this show has clearly caused so much rage and disappointment that it has completely offset any good that may have initially come from it. If something brings more misery than it has joy, then it's not a stretch to say that the world would have been better off if it had never existed. It's an indisputable fact that things that do not exist cannot directly cause pain.
>>
>>77990387
Why has it caused rage and disappointment?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ULn9d_JfXI

>Jews literally took over Gravity Falls
>>
>>77990481
Because we are autistic
>>
>>77990387
there's also the option to not get supremely butthurt about a childrens cartoon.
>>
>>77990481
I don't know that it has. The rhetoric would suggest it, but rhetoric here doesn't necessarily reflect genuine feelings.

Honestly, though, I was just bored and being kind of an asshole. But it is an interesting question: Even if the show ends in utter disappointment, was it still worth existing/watching? Are we better off having had Gravity Falls as a part of our life, even if the last stretch sucked?
>>
>>77990706

Of course. Life isn't a math equation where negative experiences cancel out positive experiences.

To put it another pretty nerdy way, would it be a good idea to destroy the original three star wars movies to prevent the prequel trilogy from being made?
>>
>>77990706
>Are we better off having had Gravity Falls as a part of our life, even if the last stretch sucked?
Gravity Falls got me writing semi-regularly as a hobby and made me really happy. The last episode could literally be an hour of a baby crying into a microphone with a still photo of a Disney executive giving the viewers the finger and it wouldn't have changed my past experiences one bit.
>>
>>77988831
Alright here goes. Not safe for life. Enjoy.

http://i.4cdn.org/aco/1449457731138.png
>>
>>77990387

The endings of most shows are a disappointment, it doesn't mean we'd be better off if classic TV shows had never existed. It's far more difficult to name series that end well than poorly, but I don't wish that lots of television and other art had never existed.

Also, not everyone feels the end of GF is even disappointing; many people have been loving it so far. I was only disappointed by the last episode, and we have an hour long finale to go.

I wouldn't give up the first ten years of The Simpsons for anything despite what ended up happening. Same with a lot of other things.
>>
>>77991063
you never disappoint DrGF, keep up the good work!
>>
>>77991179
I'm glad you like it.
>>
>>77991063
Neat
>>
>>77958771
Are you stupid? They showed what was in there that same episode. It's the Honest Teeth.
>>
>>77991353
I don't think that's the "Mabel's box" that he was talking about.
>>
>>77990840
Certainly I wouldn't think so. I have heard a few claim that the prequels killed any previous love they had for the SW franchise, but that's likely melodramatic nonsense, and right now they're probably drooling over the new trailers.

>>77990908
>>77991131
I admit that I wanted to know if and how others may have looked at the situation differently by posing a somewhat absurd question. Probably not the most practical means to do so, and I'm guilty of my own melodrama. While I do have my share of criticism, I feel much as you do...regardless what the last episode leaves us, I feel that GF has been an overwhelmingly positive experience. And that also goes for quite a bit of /gfg/, as well.
>>
File: Yes.png (299KB, 592x515px) Image search: [Google]
Yes.png
299KB, 592x515px
>>77973370
and now I want porn of them
>>
>>77991353

Little known fact: Dentures are heavy as fuck.
That's why old people take them out at night.
I know. My grandma told me.
>>
>>77991063
Well done!
>>
>>77991507
Yeah, for all its weirdness I do love visiting this general and am going to be a little sad to see it go.

Does anyone have a link to the old /gfg/ simulator video by any chance? I want to remember simpler times.
>>
File: mfw awe.jpg (42KB, 297x300px) Image search: [Google]
mfw awe.jpg
42KB, 297x300px
>>77991063
Sweet mother of god.

I'll be in my bunk
>>
>>77991063
OH MY GOD!

I want more
>>
File: 1448327409151.png (129KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1448327409151.png
129KB, 300x300px
>>77991063
gross
>>
>>77992493
>hates pinecest
>comes to /gfg/
Shouldn't you be in /r/gravityfalls?
>>
>>77992697
Not everyone in the threads is into incest.
>>
>>77992824
Most people here are and yet you're complaining about it
>>
>>77992824
Well yeah, but you don't have to state your disgust at every turn m8
>>
>>77991244
>>77991652
>>77991655
>>77991745
Thanks, friends. I only wish my production time was lower so I could contribute more frequently.
>>
>>77992864
>>77992889
Most is a bold claim you need some kind of evidence for unless you admit you're just making shit up. And i'm not even the same anon, way to go assuming literally only one person in a thread with 98 unique posters is against it.
>>
>>77992864

Let's be fair anon. Not everyone on /gfg/ has to like the same ships and that's okay.

Anyway just saying they think its gross isn't as annoying as Misha coming in posting how they hope all pinecest shippers will die in a fire or something like that. It's pretty mild.
>>
>>77991063
>>>/aco/gravity
>>
>>77992921
I only wish that you could contain your cancer to Tumblr/Deviantart
>>
>>77992493
>>77992824
what part of 'fresh pinecest oc' and 'not safe for life' made you believe that, as someone who dislikes pinecest, that clicking on that link would be beneficial to you?
>>
>>77993023
I didnt, was just pointing out the earlier claim was retarded.
>>
>>77992938

That's business as usual for Misha though. Nobody takes him seriously anymore.
>>
>>77993146

Yeah, I know. Just gets kind of stale reading it after two years. Though he hasn't really posted much here anymore.
>>
>>77992936
>>77992938
I think he assumes this from other threads asking for their OTP ship and pinecest was number one
>>77992980
hey anon, its ok not to like pinecest, but there's no need to be rude
>>
>>77993197
>I think he assumes this from other threads asking for their OTP ship and pinecest was number one
well, it is objectively the second best ship. just after pineswest
>>
>>77992980
It was a link. It's your own stupid fault for clicking on it.
>>
>>77988663
>>77988707
I guess we'll just have to wait for Alex's answer.

>>77989326
Every arc the show ever had.
>>
>>77993269
I honestly think pineswest exists to create peace/middle ground between pinecest and padippica shippers
>>
>>77991507
I hope Alex answers this question. Ideally before the final episode airs.
>>
pineshit is shit
>>
>>77993360
not true, some people just enjoy the idea of a polyamorous ship and think that the three of them together would have better/more fun chemistry than any combination of the two by themselves.

plus for all the people that hate incest i dont' think throwing a little pacifica in there would make them overlook it.
>>
>>77988777
This. That Gideon "redemption" was the dumber shit.
>>77988828
Better than rushedmageddon.
>>
File: this stuff is alright.jpg (229KB, 1345x1075px) Image search: [Google]
this stuff is alright.jpg
229KB, 1345x1075px
The True Temptation of Dipper Pines

It was being able to instantly grow up. Being able to be with Wendy was one of the main draws of that, but the real temptation was Dipper finally being able to grow up--which has always been important to him. We saw his frustration at being a kid in The Inconveniencing, Little Dipper, Dipper and Mabel vs the Future, and generally all throughout the series. We also know from Alex's AMA that one of the main tenants of Dipper and Mabel's characters' was that "Dipper wants to grow up too fast. Mabel doesn't."
In the fake!Wendy's words: "in this place you can be any age you want! If we were the same age maybe you and me could, I don't know, actually be together."
That was the real temptation. It was dressed up in red hair and a plaid shirt, but what Mabelland was really, truly tempting Dipper with was that, even as Mabel would be able to prolong her childhood forever, Dipper would be able to skip the rest of his.
>>
>>77991653
>Does anyone have a link to the old /gfg/ simulator video by any chance?
I gotchu m8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-3-aKjLxpM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmclufGQcjg
>>
>>77993593

Thanks, you're a prince among anons!
>>
>>77992889
why shouldn't i disgust with pic of sibling making out and shit?
>>
>>77993641
Because you're on fucking /gfg/ you dumb fuck, this stuff is to be expected.
If you can't take the heat, get out of the oven.
>>
>>77993593
someone should make a new one that reflects current /gfg/
>inb4 dipper's feet
>>
>>77993799
I mean, you can't deny that feetposting is a common enough thing to make it into a simulator
>>
>>77993799
So much prime material has been lost since the archives are (slightly) dead.
So many "who Robbel here?"s lost to the sands of time...
>>
>>77993641
This is how it works: Anon sees something that disgusts him, anon expresses disgust, other anon responds with annoyance at said expression. So you're not in the wrong, but neither is >>77992889
>>
>>77993857
like tears in the rain anon, like tears in the rain.

actually its kind of weird to imagine that kind of stuff. fandom stuff is so temporary. draw a piece of fanart or write some fanfiction and in a few years it'll just be another piece of orphaned data drifting through the internet, if it's even still there at all.
>>
>>77993857
so are like all /gfg/ archives before October gone? I would've love to see /gfg/ when NWHS and ATOTS aired
>>
>>77993857
The impact of the death of Moe is still kind of hitting me.

So much was lost.
>>
>>77993850
I'm pretty proud of that.
>>
>>77994155
I've always wondered how much of modern feetposting was you and how much of it was just inspired by your tenacity.
>>
File: wenDipsTrueForm.gif (664KB, 751x720px) Image search: [Google]
wenDipsTrueForm.gif
664KB, 751x720px
>>77993548
>"in this place you can be any age you want!
>That was the real temptation.

This guy gets it.
>>
File: mabelgnetic.gif (563KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
mabelgnetic.gif
563KB, 480x270px
baked a new thread

>>77994802
>>77994802
>>77994802

thanks for the idea >>77993548
Thread posts: 537
Thread images: 141

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.