[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I didn't think that Civil War could look that bad but holy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 401
Thread images: 40

File: file.png (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 2560x1440px
I didn't think that Civil War could look that bad but holy shit. It's looks so safe and boring.
>>
>>77721486
This. At best we'll get an entertaining movie. This just looks like the standard Marvel assembly line stuff we've seen time and time again.

Oh and let me guess the trailers for the movie will be dark but the really movie will be a disjointed mess that has difficulty balancing humour and seriousness.
>>
>>77721486
>the amount of /tv/ crossboarders is the highest its ever been
please... just go back
>>
>>77721486
It looks fucking amazing
>>
>>77721728
The only cool stuff was the Tony/Steve stuff. The rest seemed mediocre. Also there was something about the trailer that made it seem very TV. Not the CG or anything, just felt like sub-standard direction, lighting, etc…
>>
>>77721814
I'm sure that's what you thought about Winter Soldier, too. I trust the Russos with Cap. They're good people.
>>
It's a Marvel movie. What did you think this would end up being like? Even Winter Soldier despite being the best movie they've made is still rather generic.
>>
>>77721486
Why does Snyder always have to use his shitty filters? Look at this shit, where's the fucking color? It's like they are ashamed of making superhero movies.
>>
>>77721486
>Tony thinks being a government puppet is being a hero
>Cap thinks being on your own is being a hero
A hero does what's right whenever he can. He is incorruptible because he works for nothing but the good and justice as a concept, not a system. All governments are fundamentally flawed and filled with vile individuals, hence the need for an educated and armed populace. Tony's idea of a government-owned hero is wrong because if you have others pulling the strings, you're fighting their battles when they see fit. That's not heroism, that's just a super-powered cop. Cap has the right idea. By working on his own, he assures his decisions are his own. As long as he has the well being of the community at heart, he can perform the actions a hero must take, even those at the disinterest of the government and the justice system. The fact that Cap is also the vision of a perfect America helps too by cementing his incorruptible spirit.
>>
>all those dull colors and not a single complain
it's okay when Marvel does it
>>
>>77722017
Remember anon, marvel can do no wrong.
>>
File: 8YG5ghd - Imgur.jpg (318KB, 1366x568px) Image search: [Google]
8YG5ghd - Imgur.jpg
318KB, 1366x568px
>>77722017
>>77722282

Look at how dark and muted everything is!
>>
>>77721486
>>77721486
>It's looks so safe and boring.

Oh God this. I just know that they're all going to b friends again at the end and nothing will really matter. Who the fuck cares
>>
>>77722973

That is in no way colorful. Caps colors are clearly muted compared to his comic look
>>
>>>/tv/
>>
>>77723090
>moving goal posts already
that was record time
>>
They're doing this way too early, there are fuck all heroes to fight each other
>>
>>77722017
There's a difference between filming dark things and putting an actual filter on literally everything to make it darker than it is.
>>
>>77721486
From the trailer it seems like it's either going to be much smaller in scale than the event or bleed into the next movie. Spider-man maybe?
>>
>>77723111

I'm not moving shit. That still looks dull as fuck. The fact that you think it's colorful is laughable
>>
>>77723118
It can be a solid 5v5 or so.
The real question is "Will Spiderman acknowledge the other New York heroes like Daredevil, Punisher, and Jessica Jones?"
>>
>>77723053
>>77721486
Seriously? Cap 2 was the most influential movie last Phase. SHIELD gone, Hydra back. SHIELD only got rebuilt through the show and is going top secret again. How does this look "safe?" It's the first footage we've seen from the movie. You have no clue what's going to happen or if anyone will die to stop the fighting. You don't know if Cap will end up arrested in the end or what. How in the fuck can you make a claim like this?
>>
>>77723162
>>77723162
>"Will Spiderman acknowledge the other New York heroes like Daredevil, Punisher, and Jessica Jones?"

lol no
>>
>>77723053
Nah this will shake things up for sure. They wont all come together again as buddies until IW Part 2 most likely
>>
>>77723182
>You don't know if Cap will end up arrested in the end or what. How in the fuck can you make a claim like this?

>Shield gone

yeah, nah. Came back in AoU as if nothing had happened

It looks "safe" because we know Marvel isn't going to kill any of it's big stars before Infinisty War
>>
Yeah I'd hyped for Civil War if Marvel didn't already use the Heroes fighting Heroes crutch in every Avenger movie already. Fuck this creatively bankrupt company and fuck you all or eating this shit up
>>
>>77723310
>SHIELD came back in AoU as if nothing had happened
Apparently you missed the part where I said it was rebuilt through THE SHOW. It wasn't as if nothing had happened if you actually explore the expanded universe.

>Marvel isn't going to kill any of it's big stars

Well obviously from a writer's standpoint most of the characters won't be killed off. By process of elimination, though, Black Widow COULD end up dead.

>>77723384
To be fair, the impact was different those times. Avengers 1 had a "first meeting" fight. Avengers 2 had a "hulk gone crazy" fight and was building up TO Civil War with the interactions between Cap and Tony. Ant-Man had a "misunderstanding" fight. Civil War isn't a first meeting or someone under control or a misunderstanding. It is straight up two sides in disagreement going at it.

>fuck you all for eating this shit up

Fuck you for being a jaded asshole who can't have fun.
>>
File: 1448494153462.jpg (33KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1448494153462.jpg
33KB, 640x480px
>>77721486
>even drones admit MCU is cookie cutter
>>
>>77723496
>Fuck you for being a jaded asshole who can't have fun.

Whats fun about it? Captain facist and his murdering buddy kicking the shit out of a broken man? Yeah so fun
>>
>safe and boring
Isn't that every Marvel movie, though?
>>
>>77722973
Why is Hawkeye running to the fight? Shouldn't he be staying back for ranged attacks. Can't into strategy
>>
>>77722973
I love how they added some color to Falcon
>>
>>77721486
The only reason to see this is to see the debut of Spidey to the MCU
>>
>>77721486
>Gee I wonder if /co/ is still full of hipster faggot dickweeds that don't thing it is cool to like things?

yup
yeah /co/ you suck
>>
>>77721646
It'll just get worse.
>>
>>77723701
Feeling excitement for watching heroes and friends fracture and fall apart. It's not a good thing for them, but it's entertaining for us as the audience. So yes, FUN. Just like how people go see scary or gory movies. They get some kind of enjoyment from those and they aren't necessarily good or fun things.
>>
>>77722973
When did Scarlet Witch turn into the Human Torch?
>>
>>77723795

>Everybody should like what I like
>>
>>77723838
You mean CWs Firestorm, right anon?
>>
>>77723860
Firestorms fire effects while flying actually look better than that, sadly.
>>
>>77721632
Yes because that's totally what happened with the last CA film the Russos made.
>>
>>77723090
It's not like the American flag is baby blue. The colors are dark.
>>
>>77721486
As opposed to Civil War in the comics?
>>
>>77721486
>It's looks so safe and boring.
What does this even mean?
>>
>>77723871
I don't ever remember SW being able to fly, is this something they added for the films, or has she flown in comics before?
>>
>>77723871
No they don't.
>>
>>77723908
That is not taking risks and putting itself out there like Catwoman did
>>
>>77723496
>By process of elimination, though, Black Widow COULD end up dead.

Marvel killing off the fan favorite female hero? Not fucking likely
>>
>>77723908
It's crybaby for "Nobody is going to die so it sucks".
>>
>>77723909
>has she flown in comics before?
Yes.
>>
>>77723886
You only think it's flawless because the rest of the MCU is fucking garbage. It was nothing special either, quit clinging onto it.
>>
File: yeshrug.png (6KB, 75x80px) Image search: [Google]
yeshrug.png
6KB, 75x80px
Yeah. I'm personally more excited for this than BvS, but comparing this to the BvS and SS trailers in terms of visuals makes CW look plain and boring. The editing of Suicide Squad was also a lot better.
>>
File: fly.jpg (1MB, 1280x1979px) Image search: [Google]
fly.jpg
1MB, 1280x1979px
>>77723909
You serious? She flies ALL THE TIME in the comics.
>>
Are they even gonna put in the reality show supes blowing up the school? It seems like the whole basis behind their fight is Cap's hard on for Bucky, who wasn't even featured primarily in the comic.
>>
>>77723958
Well that's kinda cool, I don't really give a shit about Wanda so I just assumed Vision flew her around, nice to k ow she can do that herself.
>>
>>77723943
They'll do it and have Mockingbird replace her.
>>
>>77723844
>shitting on everything makes me cool
>>
>>77723871
The effects are clearly not done, bro.
>>
>>77723979
No. It's replaced by Crossbones fucking around in Africa and New Avengers somehow messing up.
>>
>>77724010
>i-it's a beta!
>>
>>77724005

>Eating up all the shit no questions asked makes me cool
>>
File: newxmen136.jpg (108KB, 565x852px) Image search: [Google]
newxmen136.jpg
108KB, 565x852px
>>77723158
>I'm not moving shit.

Yes you are.

>That still looks dull as fuck.

Cap's costume is basically perfect. Falcon could be more vivid but it's better than his prototype look.

Scarlet Witch is red.

Hawkeye is finally in a Plum purple. They could probably go even lighter than what they at are now.

Winter Soldier wears black, makes his arm look cooler.

>The fact that you think it's colorful is laughable

They could all be wearing black-on-black Matrix trenchcoats.
>>
>>77724021
Go look at the GotG trailers and the shot of Star Lord jumping with the camera in front of him. Shit got better as more trailers came out. There's even a comparison pic floating around.
>>
>>77722973
why does she have to be propelling herself like that
can't they just give her a red aura?
>>
>>77724012
That's kind of disappointing, I hope CB atleast does something really atrocious, something the level of the
School explosion, something that would really create a divide between the Avengers, not just "hurr they locked up my friend ;-;"
>>
>>77724059
I've seen it. People didn't complain about that shot because it looked unfinished, but because it just looked stupid.
>>
File: go home mjolnir youre drunk.gif (503KB, 245x150px) Image search: [Google]
go home mjolnir youre drunk.gif
503KB, 245x150px
>>77723384
>Fuck this creatively bankrupt company and fuck you all or eating this shit up

Yeah, I can't wait for Batman vs Superman and Suicide Squad!

Obviously no heroes will fight each other in that! Everyone is gonna get along and hold hands and sings songs and dance a merry jig!
>>
File: image.jpg (24KB, 232x426px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 232x426px
>>77722973
>>
>>77724097

>I have to fall back to attacking DC

Sorry coward. That won't fly. The avengers have fought in every appearance. It's boring
>>
>>77724095
>People didn't complain about that shot because it looked unfinished, but because it just looked stupid.

They were wrong then, and they're wrong now.
>>
>>77724095
Yes it looks stupid (I like it still), but it shows to never take pre-release CG as the final version since it's not done by the time they cut the first public trailer. Comic Con trailers usually look even worse which is why most of the time they aren't released to the public.
>>
>>77724097
>Obviously no heroes will fight each other in that!
Not in Suicide Squad and at least the plot surrounding Batman and Superman's scuffle is interesting and makes sense.
>>
>>77724124
The absolute madman
>>
>>77723182
>You have no clue what's going to happen or if anyone will die to stop the fighting.

Oh, yeah. ANYONE can die in Civil War, guys. Marvel Studios is raising the stakes higher than ever before this time around.
>>
>>77724097
>Suicide Squad
you mean Joker & Harley Quinn featuring Batman?
>>
>>77724048
>Hawkeye is finally in a Plum purple.

Too bad it's so dark you can't even tell it's purple. He might as well be an X-Man from one of the Singer movies.
>>
>>77721632
To date Winter Soldier has been the only movie that lived up to the tone of its trailer. I still don't trust it but if there's any upcoming Marvel movie that will manage to be serious, it's this one.
>>
>>77723756
Clearly he's taking the age old approach of waiting until he can see the whites of their eyes to fire.
>>
File: no let me help you tony.gif (264KB, 245x149px) Image search: [Google]
no let me help you tony.gif
264KB, 245x149px
>>77724125
>Sorry coward. That won't fly. The avengers have fought in every appearance. It's boring

The twist to Civil War is that they'll make love instead.
>>
>>77723909
She's got fuckin telekinesis, dude. Watch Chronicle or Akira
>>
>>77724154
A hero death was the big turning point in the comic. So there's a possibility of that happening in the movie. Obviously not "ANYONE" can die in this movie. If you think about it from a writer's standpoint, most of them are off-limits except for maybe 2. I'm not being naiive and saying "Iron Man might die." Don't exaggerate shit.
>>
>>77724207
Not really, she has Chaos Magic, not exactly the same thing, I don't remember a telekinetic being able to turn a giant bird made out of fire into stone.

Also, again, I don't really care about Wanda so I never really paid attention to her in the comics, she was just the hot chick who uses magic to me.
>>
>>77724209
>A hero death was the big turning point in the comic

Yeah, this is nothing like the comic. It's a bit closer than Age of Ultron was to it's namesake but the comic is a non entity
>>
>>77724209

I hope Rhodes died just so the first black guy Marvel added to the Avengers is the first to die
>>
considering that sebastian stan's contract extends for another four or five movies and that chris evan's contract is ending one movie after this, i bet cap dies and this is what causes everybody to stop fighting. marvel could easily have evans!cap be in a later movie as a flashback/ series of flashbacks that stan!cap remembers.
>>
>>77724342
OBVIOUSLY it's not like the comic. But it's clearly taking influence from it. So, as I said before, "there's a POSSIBILITY of that happening in the movie." If it isn't a hero, then maybe more civillian casualties from their fighting. Something will have to happen to snap them out of the fighting.
>>
>>77724446

>Something will have to happen to snap them out of the fighting.

Yeah, his names Zemo.
>>
>>77724479
>Yeah, his names Zemo.
So... Marvel is already out of villians, is a shame most of the decent ones belong to fox
>>
>>77723960
All MCU garbage, you should bless us with your superior film taste and recommend a few.
>>
>>77724549
Zemo is great. Marvel just chooses to do nothing with their villains because they don't want to take away from their heroes. Fiege admitted this. Having Doom wouldn't change anything.
>>
>>77724097
>suicide squad
>heroes
>>
>>77724549
>think Zemo is a shit villain
I bet you like Way's Thuderbolts
>>
>>77721814
Is "it looks like a tv show" the newest, dankest /tv/ meme to cross over to /co/?
>>
>>77724580
You want a good political thriller? Go watch All the President's Men. Winter Soldier is a joke.
>>
>>77724653
It's not a meme if it's true. There's nothing visually appealing about any movie in the MCU and Avengers literally looks like a made for TV movie from a technical standpoint.
>>
>>77724653

>Everything I disagree with is a meme

As much as /co/ hates Man of Steel you're fucking lying to yourselves if you think any MCU movies looks better
>>
>>77724198
Also the first Iron Man. And Avengers. And Hulk. And Cap 1. And Thor 1. And Ant-Man. And Guardians.

But yeah, other than those, it's ONLY Winter Soldier.
>>
>>77724712
>It's not a meme if it's true
I hate this meme.
>>
>>77721646
It's like a wave of illegal immigrants hammering at our borders since /pol/ ethnically cleansed them from /tv/ itself.

Shall we build a wall, /co/?

>All alone, or in twos,
>The ones who really love you
>Walk up and down outside the wall.
>Some hand in hand
>And some gathered together in bands.
>The bleeding hearts and artists
>Make their stand.
>>
>>77724901
>Thor
Fuck off.
>>
>>77724712
Please find me a TV show that looks half as good as any MCU movie.

That's not a company wars thing. I'd also love to see a TV show that looks as good as a DC film.
>>
>>77724928
I didn't love the movie either, but the trailer fit the film pretty well.

And way to cherry pick my post, btw.
>>
>>77724670
Was i supposed to expect something serious from a film with a guy called "Captain America" in it?
>>
>>77723760
What's totally amazing is all those who were ranting about him being in tacticool black during WS haven't mentioned it once since the red & white debuted in Ant-Man.
>>
>>77724936

Fargo

Gotham, if you like pretty shows with shit writing.

The Americans

Banshee
>>
>>77724936
You wanna see a show that looks as good as any DC film? Watch The Flash, looks better than ANY DC film made so far.
>>
>>77724961
His spin kick made my knug Fu cock so hard.
>>
>>77721486
>it's looks bad/safe/boring
>no reasons why
Great OP, but maybe next time remember you aren't on twitter
>>
>>77725016
Works great for him too - looks like he's using his repulsor?-wings tech to give him a little boost here and there.
>>
>>77723760
He's already colored.
>>
>>77721486
>safe and boring
That describes the MCU perfectly.
>>
>>77721971

Tony owns a gigantic corporation that use to make money selling weapons on government contracts. He isn't a puppet. He is the government.
>>
>>77724985
You're joking right?
>>
>>77725072
Carlos!! he's too dark
>>77725057
That's what I like, seeing these people like Cap and Sam actually fighting and not just throwing haymakers
>>
>>77724958
>hurr comics are supposed to be stupid because of funny names

Kill yourself.
>>
>AGE of Ultron
>is just a weekend

>Civil WAR
>is just a petty fight

BRAVO MARVEL
>>
>>77725140
I'm not, name one DC movie that looks better than Flash.

Catwoman? Any Batman movie? Any Superman movie? Green Lantern? Johan Hex? Sorry they were ALL bad looking. Watchmen I Guess you can count if you're desperate, and yeah, that looked as food as Flash.
>>
File: dark-knight-bleaches.jpg (615KB, 944x1177px) Image search: [Google]
dark-knight-bleaches.jpg
615KB, 944x1177px
>>77722017
Are you describing the right studio?
>>
>>77725220
What exactly look about the Flash? It looks like a TV show. Gotham is a better shot show, even if its content is crap. Nolan's Batman movies actually look like feature length films made by competent people, something absent from the entirety of the MCU.
>>
>>77722973
Was Hawkeye dead during Civil War? It's been a while, but I found myself trying to picture if he's believable as anti-registration, and then realized I couldn't recall him from Civil War at all.
>>
>>77723142
The comic was too big in scale. Smaller scale is better. Marvel have gone too big on some of their movies.
>>
>>77721486
Millitary tossing a shit-ton of missiles at Scarlet Witch and Hawkeye seems pretty serious to me.
>>
>>77725225
The funny thing being Superman's costume is brighter than Captain America's now in the movies.
>>
>>77725167
Sure bro, whatever you say.
>>
>>77725288
Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, and Antman were all in the Bendis Limbo Prison.
>>
>>77721632
It looks fuck all like literally any other Marvel movie except Winter Soldier which it is a fucking sequel to
>>
>>77725374
Do you work for Kevin Fiege? No wonder you think it's all a joke that can't have a serious story told.
>>
>>77725225
>he has to manually photoshop the costumes to B&W
fuck off
>>
>>77721486
So is there any reason for you to think this, or...
>>
>>77721486
I'm wagering it will be Winter Soldier 1.5 featuring Iron Man.

Which others may love, but Winter Soldier bored the shit out of me, so, meh.
>>
>>77724651
>implying anyone likes anything Way writes
Anon, could you please not joke like that? It's very triggering for me.
>>
>>77723977
>the comics
How to spot a retard
>>
>>77725423
... OP's just forcing a meme in the most boring way possible.
>>
Man the DC fans are trying harder and harder to get the damage control wagon moving these days. Compare the trailer for Winter Soldier to the movie then come back here to FUDD on this.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-05-21-12-47-30.png (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-05-21-12-47-30.png
2MB, 1080x1920px
>>77725437
I'm sorry anon, that wasn't my intent, why don't we sit down and talk about the times when Thunderbolts were awesome? Like when Zemo ran the gang, or this little moment here.
>>
>>77722973

How is this in any way colorful?
>>
>>77725536
The Winter Soldier trailer was way more interesting.
>>
>>77724097
Speaking as a bi-partisan, but mostly a DCfag, here is what I hope:

BvS is starting the entire franchise out with the conflict. They're getting it out of the way. They're going to forge the friendship of their three biggest heroes together, at once, in a major event. Hopefully, that means they get it out of the way, and the rest of the movies can focus on their dynamic while working together, and playing up their relationship, their strengths and their weaknesses. This is especially important for Batman and Superman, who are two sides of the same coin, and are supposed to share a deep friendship despite having such different views, although similar ideals. This is why their meeting taking place as a conflict is important, as it gives them a place to start, and a direction to grow in. Hopefully, we see their bond strengthen.

As opposed to the Avengers, who started being friends because, hey why not, we're all heroes, but never really showed their friendships based on any sort of mutual respect (for the most part). And now they're throwing non-existent relationships into turmoil, and Tony's line about being Steve's friend is almost laughable because any friendship between them was mostly implied, or merely a friendship of convenience.
>>
>>77725398
Are you retarded enough to think that every person that can enjoy an MCU film works for Kevin Feige? Wait, dont answer that, here's your reply Anon, enjoy it.
>>
>>77725536

This trailer was literally just explosions and people running. It's like their entire selling point is, "Hey if you like to see things explode come watch this movie!" It's a Fast and Furious knock-off, but if that's what Marvel fans like to see then sure it was a great trailer!
>>
>>77721814
Black Panther's costume looked like something from CW Flash. I'm not sure whether that's an insult to Civil War or a compliment to Flash.
>>
>>77724313
Her true power is hidden. From what Olsen has said, her powers transform in Civil War. Perfect set up for Strange sensing her and meeting her.

The mind gem just unlocked the latent power she had.
>>
Man, I can't wait for the DCEU to get popular so that the shitposting can be in equal amounts.

Right now, all the hate is directed at the MCU because they are the most popular.
>>
>>77725444
>question: does she fly in the comics
>answer: yes, she flies in the comics
>you are a retard for answering a question
I don't even understand you elitist assholes.
>>
>>77725444
You do understand that I asked "Is that something that they added to the films, or can she fly in the comics?" Right? How's that reading comprehension working out for you anon?
>>77725615
I really hope we get to see more with chaos magic, fuck whoever said magic can't be part of the mcu.
>>
Man this thread is full of Warner Bros Shills.

Trailer looks great (It's the first one, sorry it doesn't show the whole movie guys)

Black Panther looks fine (for all 2.5 seconds hes actually in the trailer you crying pansies)

The Russos have delivered before and will deliver again. I have seen the reasons and justifications for the disinterest and skepticism in past MCU, but this time you guys are seriously just grabbing at straws trying to find something petty to bitch about.
>>
>>77725604
Degrading the source material that you in all likelihood don't read isn't a valid excuse for why Marvel produces a bunch of mediocre garbage.
>>
>>77723977
Scarlet Witch being able to fly is a no-brainer.

I like how she flies in that scene, its weird and wonderful, that's SW to a tee.
>>
>>77725717
Trailer looks fine, the only thing that bugs me is black panthers motorcycle helmet. It looks great in concept art and in stills, but in motion it really doesn't look good. It looks as if someone entered in big head mode.
>>
>>77724059
Same with Iron Man and the tank scene.
>>
>>77725639

The most popular and the only actual established setting. The DCEU is only one movie in since Green Lantern completely shit the bed.
>>
>>77724075
Because it looks cool.
>>
>>77721486
This is the best it could have looked. If you don't think it looks good that's fine, but it could not look any better
>>
>>77725717
>Man this thread is full of Marvel Studios Shills.
Fixed that for you.
>>
>>77725225

>having to make WW's and Superman's costumes black to prove your point.

Marvelkeks, everyone.
>>
>>77725717
I loved Winter Soldier. This movie looks like a convoluted mess and there's about a dozen more characters that weren't even shown in the trailer still to come. I'm mad that Fiege has no faith in Cap, so he had to bring in RDJ to make them more money.
>>
I like the simple trailer in the age of overwrought slowed down covers of old songs fade to opea singing and super serious drama and stuff

But honestly, simple trailer works against this movie because it made the premise look simpler (and stupider) than Im sure it is not.

Also why show unfinished cgi? They did the same for Ultron. Stop
>>
File: 1415685378.png (1MB, 1918x806px) Image search: [Google]
1415685378.png
1MB, 1918x806px
>>77721916
Fug, I hadn't noticed that

Meanwhile Snyder's next film has actually got some color to it. Are we on bizarro Earth?
>>
>>77724124
>I have to go now. My planet needs me.
>>
File: bats-supes-threesome.gif (551KB, 612x766px) Image search: [Google]
bats-supes-threesome.gif
551KB, 612x766px
>>77725400
>>77725838
Fine fine, here you go.
>>
>>77725639
The hate is directed at Marvel because they're the only one releasing films. And that they suck.
>>
>>77724911
You're a faggot, anon.
>>
>MCU has distinct visual personalities for each of is movies
>Act like the desaturation in Cap 2 and 3 is present in everything else when it's just part of the Political Thriller/Bourne tone of the movies
>Act like Guardians of the Galaxy wasn't chock-full of neon colors everywhere
>Implying DC's new cinematic universe isn't more uniform in its desaturated look across Man of Steel, BvS, and Suicide Squad.

You people are a fucking trip.
>>
File: groot.gif (3MB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
groot.gif
3MB, 500x667px
>>77726137
I don't think they can hear you over all the money they're making.
>>
>>77726103
What exactly are you trying to prove?
>>
>>77726157
>It's popular, so it's good!
Now wonder you're called drones.
>>
>>77725967
but snyder is all about glorious soundtrack and visuals the rest is akways shit which is a shame
>>
>>77726147
Man of Steel, BvS and Suicide Squad all look vastly different visually. Are you fucking blind?
>>
>>77725967
He looks like Ted Cruz in this shot
>>
>>77726198
He's actually got a good writer this time.
>>
>>77726198
At least they're not letting Snyder write anymore so that's an improvement
>>
File: 1447034763194.gif (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1447034763194.gif
2MB, 400x300px
>>77726168
Is this a no fun allowed zone?
>>
>>77726145
>Hey you
>Out there in the cold
>Getting lonely, getting old
>Can you feel me?
>>
File: all dat desat.png (3MB, 1920x2409px) Image search: [Google]
all dat desat.png
3MB, 1920x2409px
>>77726200
Are you?
>>
File: abort-erection.gif (3MB, 325x349px) Image search: [Google]
abort-erection.gif
3MB, 325x349px
>>77726186
What's this rating at?
>>
>>77726200

In what sense? They all look a bit desaturated to me.
>>
File: nre06rsIbY1qdie0jo2_500.gif (2MB, 500x311px) Image search: [Google]
nre06rsIbY1qdie0jo2_500.gif
2MB, 500x311px
>>77721486
>safe and boring

Needs more neck breaking, amirite?
>>
>>77724392
cap dies, tony cries
bucky assumes the position
>>
>>77725372
fuck, this is actually true...
>>
>literally company wars: the thread

Good job, /co/
>>
>>77726381
No it's not you dumb ass. Compare the blue on Cap's shield to the blue on Supe's costume.
>>
>>77726390
/co/mblr always delivers
>>
>>77725444
>how to spot a retard
Retard spotted. Learn to read dipshit
>>
>>77724366

Rhodes can't die. If he does Tony will never ever forgive any of the Anti Heroes ever again. They'd be done.
>>
>>77726319
Do you even know what desaturated means?
>>
>>77726297
The only movie he's ever written was Sucker Punch.
>>
>>77726514

And then the studios never let him have major creative control on that level ever again

And all was right with the world
>>
>>77726404
Cap's shield is not his costume. His costume is dark blue now, it's got progressively darker every movie. Superman's is now pretty vibrant blue from what we've seen.
>>
File: example.gif (2MB, 636x528px) Image search: [Google]
example.gif
2MB, 636x528px
>>77726503
Do you? Desaturation doesn't automatically mean "grayscale." Color can still be present, but muted.
>>
>>77726544
They let him do whatever he wanted on that movie to keep him around, they're called pet projects. It's the same reason why they're letting Affleck do whatever he wants with his new movie(s) he's directing so that they can get him to direct a Batman movie for them.
>>
>>77725444
Everyone look. Look at this man's comment. He is embarrassed and a fool. Learn from his mistake. Read nigga. Read.
>>
>>77726575

I meant AFTER Sucker Punch.
>>
I actually like that it just looks like Winter Soldier 2. I don't give a shit about Civil War, I want to see a continuation of Captain America's world and story. This movie looks like that. It feels like Steve leading the Secret Avengers. He always works best with a team. I don't really like Iron Man and Spider-Man being in it, as I've seen five movies from each where they are the main character, and I'd rather see more Captain America based characters, but I do like Black Panther being in it. Black Panther and Captain America work well together because they both deal with geopolitical conflicts in their worlds.

Black Panther vs Captain America has the potential to be one of the best superhero fight scenes yet, if the Russo's have kept up with their fight filming skills.
>>
>>77726219
Jesus, don't even joke about that. Can you imagine if that hook-nosed retard had Superman's power?
>>
>>77725444
Fuck off
>>
>>77725717

I'm not a Warner Bros Chill. The trailer was really underwhelming. Compare this to The Winter Soldier trailer for an example. See the difference between them. The Winter Soldier one was better edited and managed to generate a lot of hype.

I'm also disappointed in the set up. Serpent Society would have been better.
>>
>>77726564
>posting green savannahs

lol
>>
>>77726198
He's got a proven writer and director overseeing the story. Snyder is great when he's paired with competent storytellers, allowing him to focus on visuals.
>>
>>77726347
Honestly, neck breaking is cool as fuck. I had my problems with Man of Steel, but Superman killing Zod was not one of them.
>>
>>77726564
That's not restored color as the costume was never that color to begin with, they just over saturated it because they didn't like the dark blue of his costume, which they actually brightened up for BvS. That scene where he's flying is also a very colorful sequence.

Also, washing out the destruction scene and over saturating it is just dumb. All the smoke/dust/rubble would cause it to be dark in that area. The person who did this 'recoloring' doesn't know shit about colors.
>>
>>77726564
>>77726629
This "restoration" triggers me like nothing else.
>>
>>77726347
Those few seconds of him fighting in the trailer were seriously of a higher quality than any of the fight scenes in the Nolan movies. I'm fucking psyched to see more of Batfleck in action, solely because they've said that they're finally going to showcase the full extent of Batman's martial arts abilities.
>>
>>77726658
>>77726677
The point of that gif was to show a difference between "desaturation" and "saturation." They OVER-saturated the other footage, but you can understand the difference between the two.
>>
>>77726629
What a fucking dumbass. And people actually praised this shit.
>>
>>77726678

>Those few seconds of him fighting in the trailer were seriously of a higher quality than any of the fight scenes in the Nolan movies.

Wait, there were fighting scenes in the Nolan movies? All i did see was a bunch of blurs and cut-always and ugly faces.
>>
>>77726564
>posting confirmed ruse
the "original footage" was further muted in the shitty video for contrast
>>
>>77726678

Snyder's fight scenes are visually exciting but often emotionally empty.

Batman vs Big Guy had the fight choreography of two drunken hobos but I had actual emotional investment in it. We'll see if Snyder can actually make me care, MoS was at least a step in the right direction.
>>
>>77721486
It's just a trailer senpai. First Ant-Man trailer sucked. First Winter Soldier trailer sucked.
>>
>>77726629
>green savannahs
>green deer
deer lord, such cringe
>>
>>77726739
see
>>77726701
>>
>>77726741
>Snyder's fight scenes are visually exciting but often emotionally empty.
pffft

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVeg78Yfp7g
>>
>>77726219
Yeah you wish Ted
>>
File: Invincible 12 (19) - Copy.jpg (1010KB, 768x2972px) Image search: [Google]
Invincible 12 (19) - Copy.jpg
1010KB, 768x2972px
>>77726741
>Snyder's fight scenes are visually exciting but often emotionally empty.

I still say they should have done some kind of Uncle Zod thing

It would have made zero sense but the feelsfags would've ate that shit up
>>
>>77726755
>First Winter Soldier trailer sucked
No it didn't. It was actually engaging and interesting.
>>
>>77726708
Meanwhile, Snyder will be giving us our first fully realized live action Batman.

When I saw the opening scene of The Winter Soldier, I thought to myself, "this is similar to how Batman should have been fighting in the movies all this time".

A few months after that, I come to find that they're going to deliver exactly fucking that. I can't wait.

http://batman-news.com/2015/01/19/batman-v-superman-fight-choreographer-teases-epic-battle/
>>
File: ohhh nooooo.jpg (78KB, 434x437px) Image search: [Google]
ohhh nooooo.jpg
78KB, 434x437px
You know what i fear? That Civil War has been under heavy control of the execs. I mean, it isn't just a Cap movie anymore. You've RDJ in it hogging the spotlight and a bunch of characters, not to say the debut of Spider-Man. This is setting a bunch of stuffs up.

No way the excs would let the Russos work alone on their own like in the Winter Soldier. I fear this might damage the movie.
>>
>>77726678
Nolan mostly substituted extensive Batmobile scenes and gadgetry for martial arts fights with his Batman.

People give Nolan's movies a hard time now, but in and of itself his Batman is pretty cool. At least on a thematic level, no other superhero movie has been able to beat out the Dark Knight. That's the only one that has done what the true ideal of writing superhero stories is about, creating symbolic mythology that expresses a portrait of some aspect of the human experience. It had some weight and actual meaning to it.
>>
Why is everyone overwhelmingly going after Bucky in Civil War besides "MUH PLOT."

Dude was legitimately brainwashed and had his memories wiped on end after end and there are multiple people around to attest to that having happened as well as people around that saw it I'm pretty sure. He was literally a puppet of hydra and had no part in doing any of the shit he did, and even moreso someone like Tony has to understand something like that so I don't get where Tony in anyway disagrees with Cap wanting Bucky not to deal with crimes he was forced to do.

The whole plot doesn't make sense so far from what I see.
>>
>>77726764

>but often

That was good, the fight in the beginning with The Comedian was okay, MoS fights varied between epty but cool and actually making me care.

300 and Sucker Punch were 100% empty. Never saw the owls movie.
>>
>>77726791
This. people say executive medling doesn't exist at Marvel. But how many people run away from MCU because of it? Too many burned bridges.
No wonder they hire tv directors for movies (easy to control, "you'll get exposure") and can't get one black director to even touch BP.
>>
>>77721486
>>77721486
>I can make assumptions of a movie based of a trailer.
>>
>>77726828
>The whole plot doesn't make sense so far from what I see.
Exactly like muh CW comic. kek
>>
>>77726859
Yes we can. That's exactly what the trailers are for, you faggot.
>>
>>77726764
You know, Snyder still catches shit for how Watchmen turned out, but I remember him saying way back when that he agreed with people who felt that Watchmen shouldn't be filmed. That it was tied to the comic medium, perhaps inextricably. Makes sense, given how big of a fan of comics he is.

I don't rule out the possibility that he only took on Watchmen to keep it from being completely butchered by another director who may not have cared about the source material. After all, if a studio wants a movie made, they'll just keep looking for directors until somebody agrees to do it. Better for it to be in the hands of somebody who will bite the bullet and at least try to remain faithful to the source while still attempting to produce a decent movie.
>>
>>77726828
He's killed some extremely significant figures in the history of the world. He wasn't just some assassin. He specifically targeted influential geopolitical leaders at key moments to alter the course of the grand scheme of history. He even specifically killed Tony's dad, and possibly T'Challas, if that spoiler I saw was right
>>
>>77726830
Comedian vs Veidt was great, especially with Unforgettable playing in the background.
>>
>>77726817
Oh, no doubt. I love his Batman. I enjoyed the realistic take on it, and honestly, the fight scenes only really went full retard in TDKR. Before that, they were certainly solid, though nothing spectacular.

I'm just excited to finally see a live action Batman who actually matches up with his comics counterpart in terms of technology and ability, not to mention aesthetics.
>>
>>77726898
That scene and Rorschach's intro sold me on the rest of the movie the first time around.
>>
>>77726898
there were too many great fight scenes to count, goo anon
Look at this.
https://youtu.be/ELSGwz7xTmM?t=2m0s
No fast cuts. No shaky cam.
>>
>>77726893
Yeah, but that'd be like blaming Dethklok for doing all that he did to survive when he was literally being held prisoner with fear of being blown up if he didn't comply and his family getting killed.

Only difference is Bucky had no reason not to comply to Hydra because he couldn't know better because any part of his brain that could was being completely and utterly scrambled by them whereas Dethklok could have just taken death over doing the shit he did, as far as he knew they were the good guys right? His memory was in an utterstate of disarray and blaming him for the atrocities he did and not putting the blame on Hydra and all the scientists who made Bucky into what he was and kept Bucky the way he was and rather blaming the victim here is just pants on head level of retardation.

Which I get that level of retardation is basically any form of government in the MCU but still. It just seems dumb that Tony of all people supergenius wouldn't get that even with the emotional attachment to it.
>>
>>77726898

I still like Watchmen. It's the best possible adaptation we could have gotten as a movie that was at least somewhat close to the comics, whether that means it actually works as a film or not I'm not sure. It takes a huge pair of brass balls to adapt the unfilmable comic, but he did his best and I think he did a pretty good job trying to wrangle everything into an actual movie.

I don't hate Snyder. I probably wouldn't want to hang out with him considering how repugnant Sucker Punch was, but whatever, beyond that he's still a solid director.
>>
>>77726931
I just hope they stay true to the Dark Knight Returns style bone snapping style that's almost sadistic on Batman's part. I want Batman to pretty much cripple criminals for life when he catches them. He doesn't kill, but he makes sure that a criminal won't be able to even shit right for a long time I'm his life, and probably seriously reconsider what he's doing. He doesn't just tie them up and leave them for the cops like some Spider-Man bullshit. He takes them into a dark alley and snaps their elbows and knees and let's them crawl for help
>>
>>77727005
I ready know I'm going to fully side with Steve in this movie. I love that they're continuing to do the best kind of Captain America story, where he has to make himself set apart from the established authority and fight for higher ideals that put him at odds with the order of law.
>>
>>77727029
Just from those few seconds, it looks like his fighting style is going to be fast and brutal, as it should be. And I'm sure you saw the poor bastard who got chained to the wall with a bat branded into his chest.

Safe to say they've got Batman covered. He's not going to be very nice this time around.
>>
>>77727019
Dude, Snyder as a person seems like a total bro. I'd probably enjoy hanging out with him.
>>
File: 1404314142270.jpg (135KB, 700x650px) Image search: [Google]
1404314142270.jpg
135KB, 700x650px
>>77727029
>pic related
>>
>>77727071
Batman needs to be feared as a figure. True authority strikes fear into people. He doesn't kill, so he has to maim severely to impose that fear. That's why his most consistent enemies are psychopaths who lack the very rational fear of having your bones smashed to pieces
>>
File: bswcc.jpg (1MB, 1920x2000px) Image search: [Google]
bswcc.jpg
1MB, 1920x2000px
Just to see how it looks... are they all skin bleached like Joker and Harley?
>>
>>77727117
>wonder woman is a stick-thin kike

thanks hollywood
>>
File: social-justice-woman.jpg (254KB, 592x727px) Image search: [Google]
social-justice-woman.jpg
254KB, 592x727px
>>77727138
>>
>>77727019
I've avoided watching Sucker Punch just from what I've heard about it. I like Watchmen - the Manhattan flashbacks were fucking amazing. 300 was an entertaining 2 hours when I saw it in theaters and MoS wasn't even remotely as terrible as /co/ would like you to believe.
>>
File: such colour.png (926KB, 1366x568px) Image search: [Google]
such colour.png
926KB, 1366x568px
>>77723090
This better?
>>
>>77727147

>I've avoided watching Sucker Punch

Smart anon.
>>
>>77727138

>>>/pol/
>>
>>77727115
Well spoken anon

Also, his stealth abilities serve to create a certain aura around him. People who have had the misfortune to encounter him rarely ever see him coming. As his legend grows, criminals on the street will constantly wonder where he is. They'll wonder if he's watching them at that very moment, and they'll always be wondering when he'll strike. That sort of all-pervasive psychological influence serves as a very effective deterrent. Unless, as you mentioned, the criminals in question are insane.
>>
>>77727138

They probably touched up that poster because they missed the point. But I don't think WW will look like that in the film proper. The actress did a whole training regime to buff up for the role.
>>
>>77727150
I predict:
>increase the saturation on "Man of Steel"
>Oh, the movie looks MUCH much better, and in fact the film should have been released in this coloration entirely!

>increase the saturation on "Captain America: Civil War"
>How dare you tarnish the intent of the filmmakers by performing such a heinous action on this picture?
>>
>>77726817
>At least on a thematic level, no other superhero movie has been able to beat out the Dark Knight. That's the only one that has done what the true ideal of writing superhero stories is about, creating symbolic mythology that expresses a portrait of some aspect of the human experience.

I wish all that poetic hyperbole were true. Looking back, the last two installments of the trilogy were self-indulgent navel-gazing that cared more about the overarching themes than the actual characters involved in the story. And I say that as someone who wanted to like the trilogy, but they just aren't enjoyable beyond the shallow appearance of depth everyone seems to praise Nolan for.
>>
>>77727138
Yeah man, she's never been thin before ever. Hollywood invented that.
>>
>>77727179
Especially if he just leaves their bodies around the city, looking like they just got mauled by a wild animal. Then they wake up a month later telling stories about getting attacked by a giant bat monster that came out of the dark.
>>
>>77726828

I think Bucky will still have some episodes where his WS programming kicks in and he goes for the mission with unrelenting lethal force.

The Airport fight seems to to end with Rhodes getting brutally savaged and I think Bucky does that with him switching to "Anti Reg are allies Pro Reg are enemies. Terminate enemies." and he tackles Rhodes out of the sky, smashes up his suit and rips the rector out.

Despite that Cap will still insist on keeping Bucky safe from the law and that's when Tony becomes completely determined to take Bucky down.

It looks like Bucky snaps against Iron Man in the later fight too which might be when Steve finally has to give in and get Bucky mental help.
>>
>>77727245

thank goodness he was considerate enough to label that bomb
>>
>>77727209
>buff up

She went from stick thin to slightly toned stick thin. You're dreaming if you ever think they wanted her looking like anything else than what she does currently. The studio wanted a Linda Carter lookalike because they know the general public's main perception of Wondy comes from that old 70s TV series and they'll not do anything to change that.
>>
>>77725740
This.
>>
>>77726828

because MCW won't use the original start plot for the civil war because of what caused the registration plot to happen in the first place
>>
>>77727221
Nah man, the Dark Knight has real depth that's not a shallow perception. It encapsulated the existential fear and disillusionment of post 9/11 America, with the Joker being the force embodying the harsh truth that our systems of security we rely on are a facade that can be easily turned on its head, and Batman being the embodiment of order that goes above and beyond the laws of society, with Bruce's sonar device mirroring the use of various surveillance techniques used by our government and other figures to combat these elements of chaos in the world, but can also easily be abused and turned on its own people or used to consolidate power for oneself. Nolan was expressing some poignant stuff in his story
>>
>>77727262
Keep this in mind. Everything we've been discussing? So far, it looks like that is exactly what Snyder and company will be putting up on the screen.

God, I can't wait for March. It's so close, but it's taking so long to arrive.
>>
File: JJonahJameson.jpg (172KB, 400x418px) Image search: [Google]
JJonahJameson.jpg
172KB, 400x418px
>mfw I only watched the trailer to see Spider-Man
>>
>>77727296
She's been lookin good lately. The fact that she went from borderline anorexic to how she looks now is pretty impressive.
>>
>>77727371
>Spider-Manfags

You people are the worst. The last 3 Spider-Man movies were awful and the general public completely lost interest in him. How can you still be hopeful when Sony still has a say in the character?
>>
>>77727345

Well they can't use the comic book because 1. They don't have enough characters. 2. Almost every hero has a public identity. 3. Shield is secret now.

Instead it seems to be work for government or you can't be a hero (and I think Steve and Sam simply quit at first and everyone is fine with that) but moves into "Also we don't have to treat powered people humanely" and they lock up Wanda and want to take no prisoners on Bucky.
>>
>>77727367
I know, this is one of the few times they're doing an interpretation of a comic book character that I would have done myself.
>>
>>77721486
>I didn't think that Civil War could look that bad

I did.
>>
>>77724155

Nope. I think he meant Batman v Joker & Harley ft. Other Guys.
>>
>>77727417

but isn't it also because of a school getting absolutely wrecked because some heroes were being hot heads?
>>
>>77727403
>Sony still has a say in the character
PUH-LEZE. You know they're going to keep their mouths shut and let Marvel take the wheel. They ATTEMPTED to argue over the actor with Marvel, but MARVEL won in the end because they told Sony to shut the fuck up.

I exaggerated that for comedic effect, but let's be real. Sony's involvement will be so small and inconsequential now. After 3 fuck ups, they'll be happy to just get money from Marvel's success.
>>
>>77727455

Just wait until his first solo movie comes around and Sony and Fiege are butting heads behind the scenes causing it to turn into another pile of shit.
>>
>>77725717

Generally the first trailer is the one that causes the biggest impression. This was underwhelming. Ultron 1st trailer was waaaay better, it really felt epic, disregarding the fact that the movie sucked.
>>
>>77727452

Yeah, but they don't have enough young heroes to pull that off. In the comics younger heroes have a reality show, and they try to show off for the cameras and get a school (and themselves except for one guy) blown up. As a result government decides heroes need some jurisdiction and young heroes need to be trained.

Here its just the Avengers fucking up and causing a ton of collateral damage, and the government insisting they work for them to stop that. Which honestly makes more sense in the world's reaction because in comics everyone overreacted to a stupid call made by a bunch of kids, but the Avengers are supposed to know better.
>>
File: 1412424602655.jpg (18KB, 259x253px) Image search: [Google]
1412424602655.jpg
18KB, 259x253px
I can't wait for the Spoderman reveal
>>
>>77727536

Where is the fucking outcry on the ruling government's compromised status due to the extensive HYDRA infiltration that almost had a significant portion of the world's population wiped out with Project Oversight?
>>
>>77724124

>running towards sluts

>swiggity swooty he's after the booty

>complete whores ahead
>>
File: 1448504744038.png (811KB, 1366x568px) Image search: [Google]
1448504744038.png
811KB, 1366x568px
>>77727150
>>
>>77727417
but moves into "Also we don't have to treat powered people humanely" and they lock up Wanda

And that's when Vision changes sides.
>>
>>77727536
No one has ever explained why government contrk of superheros would prevent collateral damage when governments are the biggest source of collateral damage in the real world.
>>
>>77726137
>le MCU formula meme
Please, tell me more about how Cap 2, The Incredible Hulk, and Guardians of the Galaxy are all the same film.
>>
>>77727940
People like them.
>>
>>77727966

Don't forget shitposting about MacGuffins despite 95% of the detractors use the word wrong and never actually explain why they're a bad thing beyond BOO HOO TROPES.
>>
>>77727866
> B-but governments and politicians never start wars for BS reasons or abuse people's rights at every opportunity.
>>
>>77727866
same reason government regulation will help the environment when governments are the biggest source of environmental damage in the world

i.e. it won't but people think it will because they're idiots
>>
>>77728007
>never actually explain why they're a bad thing beyond BOO HOO TROPES.

It's bad because it's lazy writing.
>we have to get this thing before the bad guy does!
Get's a little dull after a dozen or so movies.
>>
>>77728041

Plenty of good movies have used MacGuffins.

You can use them poorly. But it's not inherently bad.
>>
>>77723908
"Not muh DC; not muh Snyder."
>>
>>77721486
Yeah, what this movie really needs is Heath Ledger pretending he's going to cut people.

Oh wait...
>>
>>77724139
It is? It does?

Okay DKek, you've sold me.
>>
>>77728077
Those movies aren't apart of a larger universe with connected movies. When every movie in your franchise uses the exact same trope for a conflict, it just shows a lack of creativity.
>>
>>77728041
The Codex is a macguffin.
What's sad is that it's not even a necessary one.
>>
>>77728158
Was it though? Only Zod was after it, and even then he was more concerned with killing the son of Jor-El. Superman and the humans didn't even give a shit about the Codex.
>>
>>77728137
Only about half the movies at most have had things that could arguably be called macguffins, and those are parts of the infinity gauntlet, so it makes sense they be connected.

Creativity isn't inherently a good thing. In five hours I have to start cooking thanksgiving dinner. I can follow the recipes and play it "safe" or get creative and give my family food poisoning and waste a lot of money. But hey, no one has ever tried seasoning their turkey with bleach before right? That means it's unique and daring!
>>
File: steve help.png (706KB, 1283x534px) Image search: [Google]
steve help.png
706KB, 1283x534px
AUUGH STEVE HELP HES GONNA KILL ME
>>
>>77728220
Nice false equivalency. I don't think you went into extreme hyperbole enough with it.
>>
>>77728137

>exact same trope

>Iron Man
Nope. The Arc Reactor matters bit it's not the axis of the plot, its about Tony's journey.

>Infraggable Krunk
Nope.

>Cap 1
Yes.

>Thor 1
Nope.

>Iron Man 2
Nope.

>Avengers
Kind of?

>Thor 2
Yes.

>Iron Man 3
Nope.

>Winter Soldier
Nope.

>GOTG
Yes.

>AoU
Nope.

>Celery Man
Maybe? People want the Yellowjacket suit but it really doesn't fulfil the rules of a MacGuffin.
>>
>>77728267
Please stop using evidence. /co/ wants to believe that all 12 movies are exactly the same, beat-for-beat. How else would it fit their narrative?
>>
>>77728041
Macguffins are only good if they're symnolic metaphors mirroring the inner development of the hero. For example, in Lord of the Rings, the ring is the manifestation of the corruption that tempts the inner virtue of all people, and with its journey we see key figures all have their virtue tested by this force with vary thing results.

Things like the macguffin in Thor 2 are absolutely meaningless. There was no deeper thought put into what the object means symbolically in the grander context of the story
>>
>>77728184
The fact that Zod ends up more concerned about revenge and Superman and the humans don't use it or give a shit about it makes it MORE of a macguffin, not less of one. That's the thing. The shitposters throwing around the term don't seem to understand what it actually means. It just sounds good to them. A macguffin is distinctly a *throw away* plot device. To qualify, the object or goal or whatever has to be interchangable and serve no purpose; a macguffin is such because it *isn't used to impact the plot*. It's a hanging thread.

Like Unobtanium in Avatar. If you replace that with "we want their land" the movie doesn't change at all. Or if you change what object the band of thieves in a heist movie steals, you can still have a heist movie.

The Codex is the same way. If you remove that from the movie, it doesn't impact the movie at all. If anything the movie gets better.

By contrast, most of the MCU plot devices don't qualify if only because they're all parts of the infinity gauntlet, so we know they come into play and matter then.

Now, keep in mind that THE COMPLAINT IS STILL VALID. A lot of the MCU movies do seem preoccupied with "here's this plot device. We have to find it or protect it form the bad guys or get it to this place". That is true. But they're not macguffins, because that's a different thing.
>>
All MacGuffins are plot devices but not all plot devices are MacGuffins. Can we please stop using the words interchangeably?

No? That'd require effort and rain power? ...Okay.
>>
>>77728349
>Things like the macguffin in Thor 2 are absolutely meaningless
Yes, that's true. But it's one movie. And there are a few others that use it similarly.

But to say that ALL (or even most) MCU movies use it? Fucking retarded.
>>
>>77728374
How would rain powers be helpful here? We're probably all inside of places
>>
>>77728374
>rain power
Anon, you fugged up.
>>
>>77728379
Most of them do use it, even if just small ones to move the story along. Marvel actually is kind of bad at always using this style of writing.
>>
File: smiley.jpg (143KB, 398x452px) Image search: [Google]
smiley.jpg
143KB, 398x452px
>within the first 24 hours

>SW:TFA
>38.1 million views

>BvS
>30 million views

>CA:CW
>4.6 million views

Kek. That is embarrassingly low. Even Ant-Man had 5.6 million views in this time.
>>
>>77728416
You really are a special kind of faggot.
>>
>>77728416
What was Suicide Squad at?
>>
>>77728435
probably a bit higher than BvS
>>
>>77728406
See
>>77728267

>Most of them use it

At most, 5/12 use it.

>this style of writing

A macguffin is not a "style." It's a common trope.
>>
File: snappy comeback.jpg (119KB, 843x695px) Image search: [Google]
snappy comeback.jpg
119KB, 843x695px
>>77728431
no need for name-calling, defensive marvelfriend.
>>
>>77728457
beat it nigger
>>
What the fuck do you guys expect from superhero movies? I'd seriously like to know. They are cape films. They're meant to be fun action movies. Maybe they try to have a little social commentary. At the end of the day they are blockbusters that are adapted from comics. As long as it entertains you, why the fuck does it matter?
>>
>>77728449
No, I read that, and you missed a bunch. Thor 1 had the cube with ice powers, winter soldier had the flash drive in the beginning, and then he himself became the macguffin, aou had a few, with the infinity stone being involved with most, Avengers 1 was the biggest perpetrator of this with the cube, and Ant-Man and a couple throughout, like whatever device he had to steal when he fought Falcon

The ones that did it the least were Iron Man 2 and 3, and most people disliked those
>>
>>77728478
>>
File: born-again-sleeping-pages.png (1MB, 1237x606px) Image search: [Google]
born-again-sleeping-pages.png
1MB, 1237x606px
>>77728494
Symbolic and meaningful visuals like Born Again that convey thematic depth
>>
>>77728457
I'm not saying it because Marvel. I'm calling you a faggot because you actually have the numbers saved of how many views a trailer got in 24 hours.

That's top-tier faggotry.
>>
>>77728509
You legitimately don't know what a macguffin is.
>>
>>77728537
I legitimately do.
>>
>>77728509
>, and then he himself became the macguffin,
You actually don't know what the term means. Antagonists cannot be macguffins, because they impact the plot.
>>
>>77728509

>Thor 1 had the cube

That barely mattered. The story of the movie was not about the cube, it was about Thor. He was the main axis of the story.

>Winter Soldier had the flash drive

Sure, but that was only for a section of the story

>WS became the MacGuffin

He was literally the exact opposite of a MacGuffin. His existence changed the character emotionally, and he could not be replaced in the narrative with something like him.

>>77728549

An object is not inherently a MacGuffin.

Hot tip, the moment something affects the characters emotionally, it's no longer a MacGuffin.
>>
>>77728523

I'd be down for that too. But I'm not expecting it at all in the Marvel movies. The netflix shows I could definitely see it happening though.
>>
>>77728559
Captain America is the protagonist not the antagonist
>>
>>77724792

Cool. So don't fucking watch it.
>>
>>77728583
Same thing applies.
>>
>>77728525
>saved
google, grandpa
>>
This board is so cynical and depressing. Can you guys enjoy anything in life?
>>
>>77728575
Macguffins still keep their macguffin status regardless of their emotional impact. John Connor was the macguffin of Terminator 2 and was also the emotional catalyst
>>
>>77724670
>All the President's Men
Yes, you're right, that is a superior adaptation of a comic book. Thank you for bringing it up on /co/.
>>
>>77728494
Marvel's movies just further the stigma that comics are shallow crap for kids. There's a reason TDK is the only comic book movie with any praise within the film community. It actually tried to be a good movie first and foremost - with a good story, characters and dedication from its cast.
>>
>>77728583
I thought the "He" you were referring to was the Winter Soldier. Point still stands though. McGuffins cannot impact the plot. The second they do, they stop being McGuffins and start being plot devices.
>>
>>77728606
>There's a reason TDK is the only comic book movie with any praise within the film community.
The film community is shit, just in different ways. Crying to them for validation is pointless. You should've figured that out when The Artist won best picture self-indulgent navel gazing is synonymous with quality in film circles.
>>
>>77728494
>comics are for nerds and kids
fuck off
>>
>>77728603
Where are you getting your definition of the term?
Because that's very wrong.
>>
>>77728608
Splitting hairs dog. You guys get so caught up in your post modern language dissection and obsessive labeling that you forget what you're actually talking about. Which is Marvel movies constantly moving their plots forward by people finding, chasing or protecting poorly conceived objects of power or importance. It's video game tier writing, and you can tell that's what these writers are thinking of a lot of the time.

Look at Thor 2. That was a total video game plot. They even based the dark elf attack on Asgard off of that cinematic for the Old Republic where the Sith attack the Jedi Temple
>>
>>77728627

Do adults not enjoy superheroes beating the shit out of each other all of a sudden?
>>
>>77724366
I thought Bird Guy was the first black avenger (moviewise)
>>
>>77726898
>>77726952
>faggots who never read Watchmen
Rorschach is also not the Goddamn Batman and that grappling hook scene where he flies up that building instead of climbing up it shows that Synder doesn't understand how these characters are portrayed in the original work.
>>
>>77728606

TDK is overrated as fuck. It tried to be a "good movie" at the expense of everything that makes a good Batman adaptation.
>>
>>77728647
but that is not the entirety of the genre
>>
>>77723182
>>77721856
>>77724198
>>77725389
>>77725840
>>77726606
>>77726613

Where the fuck is all this Winter Soldier love coming from?
Samuel L Jackson was the only redeeming quality of that boringass movie.
>>
>>77728657
I don't know. It's both a good movie outside of just superhero movies, and not really a bad Batman adaption either
>>
>>77721486
marvel fucking blows now, so does DC and movies are for little kids
>>
>>77728623
The Artist was a great film though, whether or not you agree it should have won Best Picture. Plenty of great films don't win Best Picture, that doesn't make the one that did any less of a great film though. The Dark Knight was a great comic book movie and a pretty good movie all around.
>>
>>77728664

But that is exactly what Civil War was. The government registration is just an excuse for that. A poorly executed one that made tons of people act of character. If anything I think the movie will improve on that aspect of it.
>>
>>77727940
I didn't mention a formula in that post.

>ell me more about how Cap 2, The Incredible Hulk, and Guardians of the Galaxy are all the same film.
They all involve the protagonists escaping an extensive military force as they find or hide the MacGuffin of the film
>>
>>77728602

Nope, everything we read or watch has to be a deep introspective experience that leaves us overthinking shit that doesn't deserve such labor.
>>
File: Storm's_wet..jpg (119KB, 600x850px) Image search: [Google]
Storm's_wet..jpg
119KB, 600x850px
>>77728379

you rang?
>>
>>77728667
Because it wasn't boring for a lot of people? And it's a FACT that it was the most influential film on the MCU in Phase 2. It doesn't matter if you liked the film or not.
>>
>>77728702
Influential to what?
>>
>>77728698
Thinking about movies has never been a laborious experience for me. Ever think that maybe it's just you would finds depth in movies challenging and mentally tiring?
>>
>>77728688
>exactly what Civil War was
not a good excuse
>>
File: SaltyFuck.jpg (28KB, 394x391px) Image search: [Google]
SaltyFuck.jpg
28KB, 394x391px
>>77728525
>Having the actual numbers and or information to back up outlandish claims is faggotry
Not even that anon, but what? I realize that it's for a completely useless topic of debate and all, but that fucking anon actually took the five minutes to do research before posting bullshit in a company wars thread. I'm just saying that I doubt you are that prepared you post.
>>
>>77728652
I have read it. Many times.

Faggot.
>>
>>77725444
>>77726588
>>77726611
Nice numbers
>>
>>77728644
>Which is Marvel movies constantly moving their plots forward by people finding, chasing or protecting poorly conceived objects of power or importance.

>>77728352
>Now, keep in mind that THE COMPLAINT IS STILL VALID. A lot of the MCU movies do seem preoccupied with "here's this plot device. We have to find it or protect it form the bad guys or get it to this place". That is true. But they're not macguffins, because that's a different thing.

Already addressed your point, man. Although "poorly conceived" doesn't really fit given that we know their greater purpose as they're building up to Infinity Gauntlet. It's the long game, and that's not necessarily good or bad yet. We don't know. It's a total Schrodinger's Box until the credits roll on Infinity Gauntlet Part 2 as to whether to not this was a worthwhile endeavor.
Yes, trying to define the actual term is a little pedantic, but people on this board are retarded and are so willing to prove their points that unless we draw a line in the sand we'll get a "The Batmobile is a macguffin! TDK is shit!" in ten posts.

And I don't think even the biggest MCU fag is going to try and claim Thor 2 wasn't a hot mess.
>>
>>77726330

Fuck. That looks so stupid.
>>
>>77728734
>And I don't think even the biggest MCU fag is going to try and claim Thor 2 wasn't a hot mess.

People on /co/ regularly defend that pile of shit.
>>
File: 1443344714124.gif (3MB, 325x349px) Image search: [Google]
1443344714124.gif
3MB, 325x349px
>>77728738
Not much better in the actual direction.
>>
File: Civil_War_Vol_1_1_Variant.jpg (116KB, 650x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Civil_War_Vol_1_1_Variant.jpg
116KB, 650x1000px
>>77726791
>I'm scared Civil War is going to turn into a ensemble movie
>
>
>
>>
>>77728734
I'll tell you right now, they haven't planned out a single thing with the Infinity Stones, and are st this point still improvising as they go along. The Infinity Gauntlet will have no real meaning or impact in the end and will be the biggest Macguffin of all.

Thanos will also be done in an exceedingly poor way, and will be a massive disappointment
>>
>>77728744
I have never seen that.
>>
>>77728746
Still looks like some weird alien sex thing no matter which direction it occurs in.
>>
>>77728762
>alien sex thing
It's a rocket dong, well many rocket dongs.
>>
>>77728758
Just wait until the newest movie comes out(so I guess Civil War) when some faggot makes a thread ranking the MCU movies and various people talk about how much they liked Thor 2.
>>
>>77726330
I know I've seen this before. But when?
>>
>>77721971

In other words, a hero's position is "I'm right and everyone else is wrong if they disagree with me".

I'm sure nothing could do wrong with it.
>>
>>77728717

How about I don't go to these types of movies looking for some "deep" or "thought provoking" dreck from a bunch of cosplayers playing hero for nearly two hours of my day? I read a fucking book to get engrossed in something deeper than what two hours can provide, quit acting like these movies need to act as a vehicle for pushing a new frontier of writing for this genre or some shit, and learn to actually fucking enjoy something for what it is, you unhappy twat.
>>
>>77728770
but I already talk about liking Thor 2
>>
>>77728776
https://youtu.be/N3xvr_ojJWE
>>
>>77728744
I won't deny that Thor 2 was ill-concieved, but at least Asgard was aesthetically pleasing.
>>
>>77728787
Never saw Man of Steel. Guess they just reminded me of dongs afterall.
>>
>>77728702
>And it's a FACT that it was the most influential film on the MCU in Phase 2.
AoU and Ant-Man ignored it continuity speaking (yes there's a CW stinger at the end of the film but it has nothing to do with Ant-man at all)
Iron Man, Thor, Guardians...I don't see how a generic on-the-run film influenced those movies.
>>
>>77728781
Depth and provoking thoughts aren't new frontiers in story telling. Why do you act like watching a movie with meaning takes extra effort for you to understand? Is it really that straining on your mind to see something that has thematic depth?

Every story, even stories for children, should attempt to have some kind of meaningful vision. Otherwise the whole thing is frivolous
>>
>>77728815
>reminded me of dongs
admit it, they are always on your mind, faggot
>>
>>77728832
Destroying Shield was a pretty big move in the MCU
>>
>>77728724
No you haven't.

>inb4 "i-it's a scene by scene adaptation of the story!"
>>
>>77728815
They remind everyone of dongs.
https://youtu.be/P1Cl5FzEIjY?t=1m
>>
>>77728844
I literally have it sitting right next to me.

>oh no Rorschach did something people might deem 'cool' that's so out of character

Fuck off.
>>
>>77728841
...that ended up meaning jackshit when they showed up fine in AoU.

I don't watch that shitty AoS show but they were also able to organize an infiltration to a Hydra base for the Avengers too, right? So nothing really changed.
>>
>>77728875
Yeah, Whedon literally reversed all of the development that happened in the other movies that came before Avengers for no reason.
>>
>>77728863
No you don't.

>badly adapting characters is fine

Yeah I bet you liked out-of-shape Dan pointlessly fighting Adrian like in an WWE match too, right
Hack Snyder knew what dumb moviefags want
>>
>>77728907
The only character that could be considered 'badly adapted' is Adrian and it's mostly they didn't focus on him much throughout the movie.
>>
>>77728833

Describe "meaningful vision", for that matter, describe "depth" and what examples from the genre can be pulled to provide as a contrast to what you consider banal.
>>
>>77726828
It was the screenwriters trying to make the best out of a bad situation.

They'd set up Bucky in Winter Soldier, but then had Civil War dumped on them, and they said "Fukkit, we can't just drop Bucky altogether. Fit him in there somehow"

I think it's way better than the alternative. I'm praying the decision works out.
>>
>>77728954

That was more of an issue with casting.

Matthew Goode is a fantastic actor, but he's an evil-looking motherfucker. Everyone who has never read Watchmen could see that movie and instantly know he's the villain, because he looks and is dressed like a James Bond villain.

You needed someone friendly and white-bread, like Brad Pitt or Chris Evans.
>>
>>77728711
The MCU. The Marvel Cinematic Universe. Which includes Agents of SHIELD. Hydra returns, SHIELD is dissolved, leads to Hydra involvement in Age of Ultron (and Ant-Man to a lesser extent), leads to government paranoia, which is leading to Civil War's registration act since SHIELD (as it was) is no more.

It's impactful the way Avengers was to the MCU. It introduced the world to alien threats and these huge heroes that were only heresay up to that point. Age of Ultron wasn't nearly as impactful on the overall world. They mention Sokovia and it is playing a role in Civil War, but the impact isn't as strong as everything else.
>>
>>77728754
>years of buildup
>GUYS THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOING. NONE OF THIS IS PLANNED AND THEY'RE IMPROVISING
You shittin' me?
>>
>>77729093
Also Russo's are now set to direct Infinity War, so that's a nice bit of real-world influence too.
>>
>>77724936
cinematography wise a bunch of recent shit beats marvel movies
>>
The comic was like half the MU vs the other half. This is like, what, five vs two?
>>
>>77725400
>>77725838
>What is a joke
You guys are pathetic.
>>
>>77730344
five v five, plus another five that are trying to be neutral, plus another five that are secretly their own evil side, plus five minutes of Spider-Man
>>
>>77724653

Yes. Followed by "this looks like a PS2 game".
>>
>>77728689
Way to be super cage about that formula.

Also, no. There's no macguffin in Hulk. Stop using words of you don't know what they mean.
>>
>>77731473
Super vague*

That said, I just realized I reread your post wrong:

> they're the only one releasing films
I thought it said
> they're only releasing one film

False alarm.

Although you did now try to decipher the formula
>>
>>77730293
>a bunch of shit
Nice examples

Also there's more to "looking like a TV show" than cinematography.
>>
File: lewd stuff.gif (1000KB, 500x207px) Image search: [Google]
lewd stuff.gif
1000KB, 500x207px
>>77725220
>>
>>77721728
If its half as good as ca2 itll srill be better than gaurdians of xandar.
>>
>>77728777
Cap is always right tho. Tony can't do it.
>>
The one and only thing that pisses me off about MCU is the exclusion of mutants and that's all because of those faggots Sony. I wish Marvel would get the rights for X-Men movies.
>>
>>77722973
WHERE IS ANTS?
>>
>>77734929
>Complaining about rights bullshit
>Doesn't even know that Fox owns the rights
>Le Sony boogeyman
>>
>>77724366
I just want enraged Thor
>>
>>77721486
It's a marvel movie, what do you expect?
It's not x-men
>>
>>77734929
>The one and only thing that pisses me off about MCU is the exclusion of mutants

because crossing over mutants with the avengers and the rest of the 616 world has gone so well in the comics
Thread posts: 401
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.