[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone have any experience with this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

File: 27412604063_6d251fd9d2_b.jpg (100KB, 550x842px) Image search: [Google]
27412604063_6d251fd9d2_b.jpg
100KB, 550x842px
Anyone have any experience with this?
>>
>>9414967
I've bought alfredo from that brand before, it was alright. I keep confusing it with a different brand that uses those glass jars about the same size. I haven't tried that basil version though
>>
>>9414967
We have plain alfredo and it's really good.
>>
>>9414967
The basil is overpowering. Tried it once for dinner and bought Chinese instead. The other bertolli ones are decent though.
>>
I got the tomato sauce one and I found it not good. My favorite I guess is ragu. I had some Whole Foods tomato sauce last week and I can't tell if it was good because I mixed it with a bunch of fatty beef and gave myself a stomach ache
>>
File: 1433856044979.jpg (19KB, 384x395px) Image search: [Google]
1433856044979.jpg
19KB, 384x395px
I love italian food!
>>
I thought this was a bait thread.

Jarred alfredo isn't the worst thing in the world, but come on just make your own. It's way simpler and easier than even tomato sauce, and it doesn't take hours either. As long as you get some decent cheese, you won't regret it.
>>
I bought ragu alfredo and my stomach is making noise, I think I'm about to destroy my toilet and asshole :(
>>
>>9414967
It's hard to drink an entire jar at once. I wish they sold them in a smaller size.
>>
It's so salty skull/10
>>
>>9415647
Yeah they should also put a reclosable sippy cup lid so you can safely drink it in the car on the way home from the store.
>>
>>9415647
Jej
>>
>>9414967
kinda thin, decent flavor, but very thin.
>>
>>9414967
Tastes fine
>>
Classico Riserva makes a basil pesto in a smaller jar that is actually pretty good for store bought pre made. I don't see it on their website but I have a left over jar here I can take a photo of later. It actually shocked me because I expected glue paste and it was good instead.
>>
>>9416431
I meant basil alfredo not basil pesto
>>
File: IMG_0051.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0051.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>9416431
>>9416433
This is it and I can't find it any where online to show the photo so I took this one of it. It's pretty dang good for store bought.
>>
>>9414967
I never understood why anyone would buy jar alfredo sauce. It's literally just butter, cream, and Romano cheese. Maybe fancy it up with some nutmeg or something.
>>
>>9414992
Classico maybe? I like OP brand better but I usually just make sauce myself
>>
>>9415636
>ragu alfredo
I bought it once and something about the smell was really off putting. So I just stick to making it.
>>
>>9416439
Classico™ has the best sauces. I really love their regular pesto as well as their Reserva™ branded pesto which has pine nuts in it. Haven't tried their cream sauces because I have never had a good jarred cream sauce and just make my own, but I'll have to look for this next time I'm out.
>>
>>9414967
No because I make my own cream sauce because it's easy as fuck all and I get to season how I like.
>>
>>9417129
cause if you don't have a double boiler, it's a bitch that you gotta constantly baby if you don't want it to break?
>>
>>9417914
I've made it hundreds of times over the years and never used a double boiler.

"Constantly baby"? It takes maybe 5 min to cook total from start to finish. Just don't be a retard and set the heat too high and it will never break on you.
>>
>>9417914
Dude you suck at cooking. making a pan cream sauce is like 101. I can whip one up in 15 minutes with my eyes closed, velvety and no breaking.
>>
>>9414967
yeah, my dick didn't fit the jar.
long story short, my family enjoyed it.
>>
>>9414967
i've only tried their marinara. it's decent. maybe 6.5/10
>>
>>9415626
But they are $2 a jar
>>
>>9418793
Yes and a bit of butter, flour, and milk you already own is like 60¢
>>
>>9417914
You must not know how to cook, it literally takes a minute or two to whip up a cream based cheese sauce.

One of the easier versions not involving a roux:
>melt 1 part butter over medium heat
>add 2 parts grated cheese (something sharp like parm, asiago, cheddar, etc.) into butter, stir until /just/ starting to bubble
>add cream (NOT half and half, NOT milk) while stirring until desired consistency is reached
>add salt to taste
>wa la

It's the easiest sauce in the world and tastes better than anything store-bought. Try it, anon. You'll never buy cheese sauce from the store again because this is just too damn delicious and too damn easy
>>
>>9417926
>>9417930
how do I make it so it won't break when I reheat it later?
>>
>>9419573
Add in a bit more milk. If you accidentally make too thin just reduce. Don't add more flour it will lump. Taste you may need a bit more salt because of the extra milk
>>
>>9419580
I don't normally use flour though. usually I can get it back together if I add some more cream and some pasta water, but it still doesn't taste the same.
>>
My girlfriend hates any tomato sauce and it's the most annoying shit in the world making pasta or pizza. Alfredo is expensive to make and all of the jar ones taste like shit.
>>
>>9417129
>>9417892
>>9417930
Sick of hearing this stupidity, always followed up with "use the best possible ingredients!"
>>9418793
Correct. Much cheaper, and time investment is zero. Why buy a very expensive hard cheese, need to dirty up a grater, saucepan, cutting board, other dishes, and purchase perishable cream and fresh basil, then waste all that time when you could simply pop open a jar after a long day and do something fun with your precious time and energy. I agree it is not going to be quite as good, but then cheap and easy is never as good as time consuming and expensive is it? Special occasion, date night, or simply love to cook? Fine, make it from scratch. For every other occasion, its in the jar over there. And that what this thread is about, which jar should you choose. Now continue with fifteen more replies saying HURR DURR YOU COULD MAKE THIS YOURSELF AND DON'T FORGET TO GET THE REAL EXPENSIVE ARTISAN SHIT FROM PARMA ITALY
>>
>>9419741
>being this autistic and lazy
>>
>>9417129
>cream
what the actual fuck
>romano cheese
ok bye
>>
>>9419340
this does sound p dank
>>
>>9419741
Dude, you're on a cooking board, not a shopping board.

>>>/b/
>>>/adv/
>>>/hm/
>>
>>9419340
no italian would ever use cream in any pasta sauce

you just make a white sauce base, with a butter, flour, and milk roux, like every other white sauce starts out as, and melt parm into it. that's all alfredo is.
>>
>>9419741
>first ingredient:water
>third ingredient: soybean oil
you get what you pay for
>>
>>9419829
Why do Italians always pretend they're some monolith? There is literally nothing in any sector, least of all cooking, that you are all agreed on. It can not be that hard to find an Italian who uses cream in a pasta sauce.
>>
>>9419872
Water and vegetable oil are terrible things, you should stop consuming both immediately.
>>
>>9417151
Yeah that was the one. I don't remember which of the two brands I liked better
>>
>>9419885
>Why do Italians always pretend they're some monolith? There is literally nothing in any sector, least of all cooking, that you are all agreed on
Actual italian here. You are very correct and we are autists about food. However when italians complain about foreigners or even italo-americans "culturally appropriating" food, we usually are referencing what is claimed to be italian vs home cooked meals we often eat.

To answer your question very rarely in restaurants you have some kind of cream sauce based recepie.

E.g. pasta with cream, salmon and zucchine
or cream and cooked ham
or cream and lemon rind
or 'white ragu' which is cream with little bits of stewed beef I think? or maybe it's some form of bechamel.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.