[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Sweet bowl of chinese rice.jpg (35KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
Sweet bowl of chinese rice.jpg
35KB, 540x540px
>be me
>alone for one week at home
>mom did not do the groceries, we only have chicken in house
>I eat chicken wraps for like 3 days
>chicken starts to run out
>going to the grocery store
>buying some vegetables I like
>eventually doing nothing with the veggies I bought
>Looking around in the kitchen
>find some dried fruit
>living off of dried fruit for 3 days
>I run out of dried food
>found some rice
>I am looking up on how to prpare rice
I seriously do not know how to prepare rice, I came from >>>/r9k/
>preparing rice
I am making this thread while preparing rice, wish me luck guys
>>
>>9356074
depends what kind of rice it is. what does it say on the bag? just follow the instructions or Google how to prepare X kind of rice.

for future reference this is one of the slowest boards going so if you need help in a pinch, it's not really the place to come.

as for the rice, here's some things I'll suggest. Cook it in huge batches and refrigerate it in portions. then the day after you can dump the rice in a skillet with some oil/butter and soy sauce and make fried rice. can you cook an egg? place a cooked egg on top of your rice and consume, it's delicious
>>
>>9356105
I managed to cook it, it is Pandan rice.
I can make some basic stuff like a nice steak, a good salad and broccoli and so forth but we lack it at home right now.

I like slow boards, they tend to make me come less often to this shitty website.

Thanks for the advice on how to preserve rice. What do you mean with cooking an egg? hardboiled or on those pancake pans?
>>
>>9356113
a fried or poached egg is nice on top of steaming hot rice. poached is probably easiest. fill a pan with water and bring it to a low simmer. Crack an egg straight into the water and wait roughly three minutes (this will be longer if the eggs are refrigerated). take the egg out with a slotted spoon to drain the water, placing a bunched up paper towel under the spoon to catch the last of the water and so you don't get water on your food.

sorry if that's obvious I have no idea what your knowledge is

also with rice you can crack the egg straight into the rice in the pan when it's nearly done frying to make egg fried rice which is nice.
>>
>you must be 18 to post here
Read the fucking rules faggot
>>
>>9357990
My brother is 31 and has been in the same situation as OP.
>>
>>9358078
Your brother and OP are fucking retards.
>>
Honestly you don't even need to cook the egg. One of the common things people eat in Japan as a quick lumuch is egg and rice, they just crack an egg into a really hot bowl of rice and stir it around, seasoned with some salt of course. If you want to go the extra mile sprinkle on some chopped up seaweed and seasame seeds. In Italy they do the same thing but with pasta and bacon, which gives you spaghetti carbonara. Just scramble some eggs in a bowl, add parmesan, then dump your really hot pssta in and stir it around until the eggs are cooked slightly into a creamy sauce.
>>
>>9358110
I know. When my parents go away for the weekend they make him a huge pot of goulash or stew so he can feed himself for the weekend. Fwiw my mom's goulash is pretty good.
>>
File: rice cooker.jpg (151KB, 2057x1555px) Image search: [Google]
rice cooker.jpg
151KB, 2057x1555px
>>9356074
Just put it in the rice cooker, put in water, and turn it on. It's easy if you aren't retarded.
>>
>>9358198
>spending extra money on a machine that can only do what a pot and lid already can
Cooking rice the regular way is easy when you're not retarded, why would you waste money like that?
>>
>>9358225
It's way quicker and comes out better and keeps it warm and doesn't stick and doesn't burn and it's set and forget

They're really useful
>>
>>9356074
Awwww....poor little guy. Mommy left you all alone with no food.

Such a shame.
>>
>>9358225
So you can throw rice in and forget about it. Also theyre fast and the rice is great.
>>
>>9358225
A simple rice cooker (like the one pictured) costs about as much as a nice steel pot. As a bonus, most rice cookers are non stick.
>>
>>9358231
>>9358238
>>9358239
I guess growing up with an Asian friend was really helpful then cause ive never had any problems cooking perfect rice every time.
>>
>>9358231
Honest question- I've got a rice cooker and I rinse my rice before using it. One cup dry rice to two cups water. I set the cooker to White and let it go. I always end up with some stuck to the bottom. It's non stick. What am I doing wrong?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.