[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

al/ck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 170
Thread images: 18

Continued from >>9286253

Post you're alcohol
>>
File: IDShot_540x540.jpg (60KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
IDShot_540x540.jpg
60KB, 540x540px
I just bought this in a tesco shop. Please don't be disgusting.
>>
>>9293907
HOW THE FUCC DO I OPEN THIS
>>
>>9293907
im really trying not to vomit.
>>
>>9293907
still cider sounds disgusting
>>
File: 1498468397665.gif (3MB, 280x220px) Image search: [Google]
1498468397665.gif
3MB, 280x220px
>>9294069
>>9294084
I expected there to be a spout, too. What do I do lads? Do I just pour it down the toilet? Do I try to freeze it? Give me something fun I can do with it. Drowning is not fun.
>>
>>9294093
honestly? if you have a bit of spare change left?

just admit defeat and pour it down the sink, and then go get something you know and like. we all buy shit from time to time.
>>
>>9294084
from my experience the USA is fucked up backwards and cheap ciders are good ciders that are appropriately dry and expensive ciders are all tacky sticky sweet garbage.

There's a 50/50 chance that cider will be alright.

>>9294093
Best of luck to you, blessed Scully poster
>>
>>9294115
TESCO IS A U.K. SHOP
>>
A man walked into a bar because he is an alcohol and it's destroying his family.
>>
>>9294120
oh then he's fucked.

rest in pepperoni blessed scully poster
>>
File: beer_389078[1].jpg (22KB, 250x811px) Image search: [Google]
beer_389078[1].jpg
22KB, 250x811px
>>9293907
the bottles of wyld wood organic SPARKLING were GOAT ony slightly surpassed byorchard pig truffler.

anyhoo. Every night I buy a 2 litre bottle of asda dry cider (the best supermarket own brand cider) and a bottle of westons vintage (8.9%). I drink the first pint out of the asda bottle then mix the vintage in so that the rest tastes slightly better and is stronger than usual. costs like £4 and gets me good and buzzed.

for me its the best cheap dinking solution in terms of strength, price and taste.
>>
Any tips with minor tremors? I'm not trying to go clean but I think I went on too big of a bender last night and for the last two hours I've been feeling really weak and shaking a little. I suspect if I drink some more it'll go away but it's too early for that right now.
>>
>>9294152
water. lots and lots and lots of water.
>>
>>9294155
Been guzzling ice water like mad since this morning but I'll keep it up, thanks
>>
>>9294163
electrolytes. aka potassium, magnesium, calcium, sodium.

also some fat. and protein.
>>
>>9293907
Whats the hangover like with this one?

sometimes cider really fucks me up bad for days
>>
File: 1498763453767.jpg (22KB, 346x450px) Image search: [Google]
1498763453767.jpg
22KB, 346x450px
>>9294188
Never tried it. I don't even know how to drink it.
>>
>>9293892
going for some Aberlour after some cans of stella and Carling. Have a hobo downstairs sleeping in the street, went twice to give him some water and help him get to some protected area but he refused, feeling bad even though its literally not my fault. Any anons have any experience helping out non-responsive hobos? Just want to help him through his night
>>
File: 1502445064298.jpg (64KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
1502445064298.jpg
64KB, 500x300px
I'm a functional alcoholic. I normally wouldn't admit that, and in a sense my condition is sustainable at this point. Both of my parents have some issues with alcohol, my mom moreso than my dad. They make it work though and have made it thus far.

Although my mom fucked up and cheated on my dad when I was attending college, they got divorced and now my mom lives in her hometown, working retail.

I wasn't able to finish my first semester at college because I am retarded (autism) and now after much trial and tribulation I am a car salesman.

I teeter between indifferent apathy and extreme depression, I have arbitrary goals that I don't care about or think I can acheive just to convince the normies to leave me alone.

I really wish I were dead but I am too much of a pussy to kill myself. I know I don't want to die from alcohol related health issues as they are too long and painful, so I can't just drink drink drink.

I was thinking about getting a motorcycle, how much do you guys think that would increase my daily probability of death? Versus the probability I end up a vegetable? That's probably the only thing that could be worse than this.
>>
>>9294225
He sounds insane. You cant fix it. With bums who speak you can help them.
>>
>>9294093
did you figure out how to open it? Maybe cut the top of the box off and pull out the bag, there has to be some way to get the cider out.
>>
>>9294241
he's just like lying on the street, seems just pretty drunk I'd say, thus the feel to help a fellow drunkard. Gonna try again in an hour to bring him water and food, move him to a bench see how it goes
>>
File: 1498997559015.gif (4MB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
1498997559015.gif
4MB, 500x600px
>>9294252
I could open it like that, but then how the hell am I gonna contain all that cider?
>>
>>9294235
get past the whining stage of alcoholism already. whining and self-pity get you nowhere.
>>
>>9294263
just check if there is a spout on the bag, fool. Open the box and look at the dang bag. And if not, you should get a pitcher or clean out a bucket or something, or fill all your jars
>>
>>9294277
What do you think will get me somewhere? And how do I define "somewhere?" Alcohol isn't holding me back from anything (although I may be delusional) as far as I know. I consider myself an alcoholic because try as I might I cannot stop drinking. I drink like 20 5% beers a week, carefully drunk depending on circumstances. Usually 3 nights getting a buzz and finishing off the other 2 beers whenever. Something in that area. I stopped drinking liquor because I always (piss myself/crash my car/say something unredeemablely offensive) but those problems only affect me in a compartmentalized sense.

The main problem I have is that I am wholly unable to support myself. I can't have romantic relationships, I have no self esteem, and, I have a shit job. My self-esteem is so bad that I am even thankful I have this garbage-can job.

I will admit I am a whiny bastard but I don't know what to tell you. I would rather isolate myself than exude fake positivity. Every time I try and relate to somebody or a group of people it feels like I am shot down over open water.

Maybe this thread isn't the best place to ramble about my self-loathing but where else? Sorry to bother you man, thanks for responding.
>>
>>9294262
fuck the police are here questioning him, hope he doesn't get into too much trouble, RIP homeless nº 201283127 of London
>>
>>9294330
it seems like your self esteem is tied to your alcohol use as well. Can't tell which one caused the other but they do make one another worse.

Honestly, it sounds like you are not taking responsibility for your own perceptions of yourself. It can be comforting to wallow in self pity like you are doing (obv. drunks love to do this, a weepy melancholic drunk is a common sight!), and it will give you a million more opportunities to keep wallowing in self pity and never change.

Never change, /ck/.
>>
>have about 500ml of rum that I'm planning on finishing and then taking a day or two break from drinking
>go out shopping
>impulse buy a 1.5L magnum of wine

Why do I do this to myself
>>
>>9294330
we as individual people have to look at society as a whole and try to fit in. for money and for social status.

thats the single and only bottom line.

grow up in a hurry if you can, and get a good job.
>>
File: vodka - Copy.jpg (150KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
vodka - Copy.jpg
150KB, 1600x1200px
>>9293892

homemade.
>>
>>9294409
hangover? side effects?
>>
>>9294409

When you put it through a reflux column it's actually cleaner than commercial alcohol. Commercial vodka goes through a 'continuous still' and doesn't prune off the heads and tails like you can when you generate azeotropic ethanol. My booze tastes like vanilla and fire if you drink it at 93%

So, no side effects at all. Just dangerous to drink when it isn't watered down. You can drink too much very quickly.
>>
>>9294413

Hangovers are light. The methanol doesn't exist(like it does in wine) ethyl acetate is removed at 77 degrees C. Ethanol is collected at 78.5.
>>
>>9294355
How did you come to that conclusion?

My self-esteem is as low as it is because I have experienced too much rejection for me to cope with. This happened before my drug/alcohol use escalated to this level. No need to get into the specifics but I cannot trust people, I have no (marketable) skills to build a career, women don't find me attractive (I am not obese or dirty).

I have a few hobbies but I choose not to pursue them seriously because I tend to dissapoint myself. For example I like cooking and I actually consider myself a decent cook. I haven't really cooked anything in a couple weeks because last time I tried to make a nice dinner (shrimp kebabs) I fucked up and they came out raw. I may blame the grill but a good cook should be able to compensate for uneven heat, right? Or if I were smart I would have used the stove and a pan because I am familiar with its heating profile.

Regardless, the point is I am never dissapointed in the $10 I spend on a six-pack. It consistently gives me the same feeling.

Sometimes when I try to do other things I waste money fucking up. One of the reasons I dropped out is because I improperly accounted for my living expenses when drawing a student loan. I incorrectly assumed my parents (per our conversation) would help me out a bit during my first semester as I wanted to acclimate myself to a new enviroment and be used to the level of coursework before I sought employment.

Now I work 65 hours a week to make enough so that I can afford my libations without being bothered.

If I quit drugs and alcohol I would go back to being an autistic videogame/masturbation addict or read books all day.
>>
>>9294409
NICE.

Can you post your process?
>>
>>9294382
My job is pretty good in the sense that I am well-respected and well-liked. I get what you are saying. You are right. I make a lot more money than I did working as an overnight gas-station attendent. I fixed my credit, bought a cheap reliable car and saved an emergency fund. I have nice clothes and good hygiene (I didn't 5 years ago).

Despite all of that I am entirely unfulfilled and expect to be alone forever and don't really see the point except to afford my drugs/alcohol. If I didn't allow myself inebriation the entire system I designed that allows me to expend the effort reqiured to maintain all this bullshit would fall apart.

Everything in moderation, including moderation.
>>
File: still1.jpg (199KB, 1600x1985px) Image search: [Google]
still1.jpg
199KB, 1600x1985px
>>9294444

Ummmmmm.

I'll try.

You'll need massive Brute food safe garbage containers. I make 2 x this..

115L of water
30Kg Sugar
1326ml tomato paste (8.5cans)
5tsp Citric Acid
380g Yeast
1 tsp Epsom salt
2 campden tablets in water

I think they were 44 Gallon vats? Yes. Then you need a 3 inch 5ft long piece of drain waste vent copper pipe. Then you need to build a condenser for that column still. The condenser I use is a Jackson Crossflow condenser I made by hand. A 36qt boiler with a 2.6kW heater I run from my stove.
>>
>>9294460
just try to never forget how bad it always gets when you throw up your hands and say fuck it, and start drinking.
>>
>>9294467
Very interesting.

I would love to try this if I had my own house, I live in a condo and don't want to blow the place up though. Plus I don't have homeowners insurance like I'm supposed to

Any more pics?

How much did it cost you to build?
>>
File: crossflow1.jpg (145KB, 1400x1050px) Image search: [Google]
crossflow1.jpg
145KB, 1400x1050px
>>9294467

The crossflow condenser is the most meticulous work. It looks like this.. stuffed with copper mesh they use to deter rodents. That is soldered into a larger tube that you pump coolant through.
>>
>>9294475
What (if any) safety measures does this have?
>>
File: sugar wash 2.jpg (117KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
sugar wash 2.jpg
117KB, 1600x1200px
>>9294472

I tread my still like it's a big coffee maker. I've probably run 40 distillations through it to date. It's not a pressurized system so vapour doesn't try to escape from your boiler. It rises up your column slowly to be "knocked down" by your condenser. You put PTFE tape on your giant pot, or even a keg, most people use a keg for better containment. The slow moving vapour moves up the column, gets condensed on the condenser and collects in the down spout that has a liebig cooler on it. It's all done at 1 atmosphere of pressure.
>>
>>9294479

I have a single chemical fire extinguisher in the house, but I will never need to use it. I don't use open flame, I don't run it unattended. My stripping runs take 2.6 hours and I use wireless digital thermometers and timers to make sure I'm always on top of an essentially non dangerous process. It's literally like brewing coffee.
>>
>>9294483
What do you do with all the alcohol?

You can't possibly drink that much...
>>
File: 2014-03-26 21.36.18.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
2014-03-26 21.36.18.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>9294475

Tons of pics. Probably cost me maybe 600 dollars all in maybe 7.

That's a Parrot, a Liebig and a failed 3 coil cold finger. I ended up using the Jackson.
>>
>>9294495

I'm Oliver Reed, bro.
>>
The most imporant thing I can give you if you're really going to make your own booze is..

Homedistiller.org

The forums are full of amateurs and professionals offering all sorts of ideas. The single best reference on the net.
>>
>>9294471
I won't. My reptile-brain kicks in whenver I try and sabotage myself too much. This may seem weird but I feel strong because of how badly I would like to blow my brains out, knowing I never will. Nothing will stop me. I will probably die of bladder cancer at 62.
>>
>too poor to buy good booze
>too risky to make my own
>all I want to do is drink
what do.
>>
>>9294529

What country? Most places it's not risky anymore as long as you don't sell it. They treat it like a non issue.
>>
>>9294536
aus, and it's risky because I live in a shared apartment for uni and they do random inspections, and we're not allowed to brew alcohol.
>>
>>9294549

What? I thought NZ and Aus were fine with home distillation? Is this a uni thing?
>>
wine sucks
everything but liquor + soda and beer sucks to me now, feels like it's not properly sippable
>>
File: IMG_20170812_171228005.jpg (1MB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170812_171228005.jpg
1MB, 2592x1456px
this is the shit thatll fuck ya up
>>
>>9294555
you need to be approved by the ATO, but yeah its the T&C of where i'm staying that prevents me from homebrewing.
>>
>>9294573

rog.
>>
>>9294567
for a solid year when i was underage that was all i drank besides stolen shots of liquor from my parents, because the dude at one convenience store sold them to me and all the beer and shit was overpriced as hell. at first its decent and you say hey it tastes like red bull, then you start to hate it and get nasty headaches after halfway through one.
>>
I've felt nauseous since yesterday and as of this morning have had nonstop pitch-black diarrhea. Is this an ulcer?
>>
>>9294263
Open boxed cider like boxed wine maybe?

>>9294427
>It consistently gives me the same feeling.
It'll change after some time.

>>9294467
Why tomato paste? I thought it was a jail booze thing?
>>
New thread was already posted... >>9292936
>>
>>9294679

Nope, It's yeast nutrient.

http://shuggo.com/birdwatchers/calculator.htm
>>
>>9294504
My idol.
I'd have loved to drink with Olly, and Andre the giant.
Nm. We'll one day be together, downing gallons in hell.

Hello everyone btw. I'm home. Phone is charged. And I'm sober.
...I will soon inevitably relapse. I'm hopeless.

Anyway, hope you lovely people are all well. I look forward to feeling healthy enough to start posting frequently. For now, sleep, sleep and more sleep is what I need. I'll check in from time to time to see who's still alive. Thanks to those who sent supportive texts and left nice messages while I was in hospital. I'm largely ok now. Using a trip because some people have been pretending to be me.
Tc all.
>>
>>9294757
Sorry, captcha trolled my trip, and I'm on a lot of painkillers and sedatives. Hopefully this'll work.
If not, I'll try when the morphine and lorazepam wear off.
Peace
>>
>>9294769
Be well Smirnoffbro...there is a tough struggle ahead, and we must be well prepared...
>>
>>9294654
Probably. You get stomach pains?
>>
>>9294948
A pang here and there, but any pain has mostly been around my lower back.
>>
>>9294957
Upper right back is liver.
>>
>>9294980
Well it's more of a soreness around my back, which I'm willing to attribute to something I might have done at the gym unrelated to this shit.
>>
>>9294769
I thought you were dead ;_;
>>
I've never had Perry but it sounds fucking amazing. Good pears are god tier fruit.
Anyone have any opinions? is it really similar to apple cider?
>>
Anyone here watch Dota?
Big tournament ended with a good ending
Been drinking since the finale began
Feeling good
>>
>>9295034
Is that a cognac?
When I went to the liquor store today they tried to offer me a pear something or other
>>
File: IMG_0808.jpg (74KB, 393x455px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0808.jpg
74KB, 393x455px
Shit, you al/ck/s got me all confused with two different threads. Posted in the other one about kava. If you're quitting drinking and want a buzz with no risk of physical dependency, try kava in the powder form. Look up the directions on how to prepare it. Three hours in, I'm not super fucked up but still pretty comfy. High has remained the same ever since I came up.
>>
>>9294985
>at the gym unrelated to this shit
What are your lifts mate?
>>
>>9295126
I don't want a high
I just don't want to feel sad anymore
>>
Just got out of the hospital, diagnosed with mild pancreatitis. The pain it caused me has become the ultimate motivation to not drink anymore. I got a shot of morphine, some nausea shot, a CT scan, and a stern lecture from the doctor. If this is mild, I sure as fucking hell don't want to find out how worse it could get.

Gonna try to sleep now, take care guys.
>>
>>9295147
I hope you get well, bro
You don't fuck with the pancreas.

Did you get that from drinking? A bit of a selfish worry here
>>
>>9295154
Yeah, and it only took 5 years of drinking to get this bad.
>>
>>9295138
The sense of well-being is stellar, man. I hope Big Brother doesn't outlaw this shit, its only downsides so far are that it tastes like shit and makes my stomach a bit queasy.
>>
>>9295172
Oh man that's shitty.
I keep telling myself I'm not REALLY an alcoholic but that sounds quick.

I hope you get well.
>>
>>9295178
I can't stand queasy. It does sound really nice, though.
Keep drinking(?) it.
>>
>Last night was supposed to be last night drinking for a couple months
>Didn't finish the whole litre of Turkey so now feel like I need to finish it
>There's only about 2-3 drinks left
>Will probably get a taste for it and go buy another bottle if I do

REEEEEEEE
>>
>>9295213
Buy a 6 pack of beer instead
That way you can finish off the bottle and the case
>>
>>9295222
Not a bad idea.
>>
>>9294567
Wow, that's a lot of alcohol for the your buck. Makes me sad to be a Canadian
>>
>>9295268
Canadian here too
It's fucking hard to be an alchie here
>>
>>9295280
I miss living in Alberta. It wasn't on the whole that much cheaper, but since the government doesn't have its greedy hands on the entire distribution process you can buy pretty much anything consumers will pay for.
>>
>>9295308
I live in Quebec
We got some good parts with regards to booze, but a lot of bad parts too.

Pretty much the cheapest you can buy is a 1.14 L for 29 bucks
Shit compared to the Americans and even to most Euros
>>
>have to decide between taking my meds or drinking most days
This blows.
>why not both
I black out way too fast and sudden.
>>
>>9295320
$29 for 1.14 was the minimum price you could buy one for before the Alberta oil crash. Now here in BC, think $45 minimum and shit selection for cold beer (if you're lucky to find a cooler at all) at any of the government stores

Quebec sounds nice. I heard you can buy the strong Everclear too.
>>
>>9295343
I personally haven't seen Everclear in the SAQ and I've been looking for cheap booze.

Also
>45 for 1.14
Holy fucking shit
I'm glad I didn't drink when I lived there
>>
>>9295356
>SAQ
I didn't know Quebec had its own crown corp for alcohol.

You moved to Quebec? How's it living there as an Anglophone?
>>
>>9295379
>Quebec had its own crown corp for alcohol.
Half and half
It has a state controlled alcohol store, but other stores are free to sell beer and wine
Riots would go out if you couldn't buy wine at deps and groceries

>You moved to Quebec? How's it living there as an Anglophone?
My particular lifestory is fucked up. I grew up in an anglophone part of Quebec and then moved to Montreal, the most anglo major city.
It's an absolutely great city, even for anglos like me. The major happening parts of the city are almost entirely anglo. Like the artist/musician parts are all anglo.
If you like art of any kind, music, painting, poetry, this is the city to be in now.

But for me personally, my identity is fucked up. My dad is Quebecois born and raised, and my mum is Atlantic anglo. I've lived in Quebec nearly all my life and I have an extreme anglo accent. Shit sucks man.
It doesn't help that my name is very very francophone
>>
File: 1495337941285.jpg (42KB, 544x499px) Image search: [Google]
1495337941285.jpg
42KB, 544x499px
>>9294444
>>
>>9295401
I feel you on the francophone name man. I have a very french surname and I don't speak a lick of french. Here on the 'background doesn't real' west coast I rarely get asked about it, but the odd time it comes up I feel some shame for not speaking French

Yeah I would like to move there actually, luckily the degree I'm working on would offer some work over there

sorry for the slow response, i'm playing vidya while drinking barley wine and stalling for time while I turn 24
>>
>>9295487
Trust me bud, it's even more awkward over here
If I tell my name to anyone, they immediately start speaking French, and I have to either respond in my own shit French or tell them I'm actually anglo
Half the time they look at me in disgust. The other half they laugh.
I'm not sure which is worst.

Happy birthday though. I hope you make more of your 25th year than I did.
What game btw
>>
>>9295494
Heh, sorry bro. That would be my worst nightmare. The people who care the most are consistently French speaking women over 60 whose opinion I could easily do without

Minecraft, survival mode. It's something I've come back to every couple years since I first came across it in the early dev period.

What're you drinking tonight buddy?
>>
passed out drunk at 6, woke up at midnight. Guess its an all nighter for me again
>>
>>9295510
Never got into Minecraft
Never saw the point. Like what's the goal?
I can see people really liking it, but it's not for me.
Do you know Dota? The biggest tournament ended today. 20 million dollars was the prize pool.
I got hyped hyped for that. I can really dig some video games.

I'm currently quite drunk on rum and coke. I want another but I really shouldn't
>>
>>9295517
Well, I play it mostly for that odd sensation you get when you're in hostile territory and you may or may not be able to get the required resources to survive the night by nightfall. Survival is a fun risk. Beyond that, you keep building up your shit and its a eventually it becomes a bit like buying a house in some hollyhood area code

I don't get watching video games, honestly. If you don't directly get something out of it that helps your game you're just watching someone better than you get better. Then
again I'm playing a casual game right now so who am I to judge
>>
>>9295528
It's like watching football
you know the game, and you could play it
But there's a level of proficiency that elevates it beyond what you and your mates could play
>>
>>9295512
Passed out at midnight and woke at 6!
Gettin some solid sleep after liquor just to wake up to more liquor is 1 of them feels that never fades for me.
>>
25 days sober

Just did an all nighter. So Over 72 hours I've slept maybe 8 hours. No desire to sleep. No important tasks planned after a few hours of work. Waiting for the crash.

When I think of alcohol, I am more frequently associating it with nasty hangerovers, although I never actually really got one. It would be cool if that trend continues, for I don't want to drink for a few years.

>Thanks for reading my blog

Stay strong friends.
>>
>>9294814
Thank you anon. I know it's going to take some Herculean effort to build a sober, functional life from this annohilated pile of shit and ashes. Just got to get on with it I suppose.
Good luck with your struggle too, bruh.
>>9294990
Welp, thanks for giving a shit, anon my man. A lot of people had thought I'd died, apparently. But nah, I just needed, NEEDED to escape, so I went cold turkey. Tapering has never worked for me. CT From years of 60-90 units a day. It was bad, ended up in ICU in a coma.
Still, I'm alive for now. Don't know that I'll last much longer though; I'm not at all convinced that I won't relapse, and if I start again, I cannot fathom the hell I'll face.

Gonna drop the trip after this post. Feels too obnoxious. I might still use it from time-to-time if needs be.

Good to be back. Tc al/ck/
>>
my dad got hospitalised and his kidneys aren't functioning apparently but that's all the information the doctors have got atm. He drinks a bottle of wine a day and more on weekends, I'm guessing this is down to alcohol? Anyone have the slightest clue on what the fuck is going on?
>>
And tonight it's another episode of Twin Peaks, a bottle of cheap Chilean white wine and 10 cheap cans of Estonian lager for me. It's going to be good.
>>
Cracked open a beer instead of lunch.
Good stuff. "Stone Americano Stout" 9%ABV, store had em on clearance for $12/24pk (bottled Feb. 2016).
Gonna swing by there today to get some more discounted liquor before I head back to school for the year. $5 750mL Bacardi Oakheart so good...
>>
>>9296660
your dad's an idiot who couldn't control his drinking, not hard to figure out bud
>>
>>9297249
This is not how adults talk to eachother. Go do your homework, you're embarrassing yourself here.
>>
>>9296446
I had 23 days sober until yesterday. had to take a shit while i was downtown and stopped in a bar. next thing i know i had 3 pints of beer.
>>
>>9296660
bottle of wine a day is basically the same as 4 beers or 4 shots of liquor. lots of people drink a bottle a day.

could be other stuff. maybe hes obese. maybe he eats too much salt. who knows.
>>
File: CIMG3232.1.jpg (123KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
CIMG3232.1.jpg
123KB, 480x640px
>>9293892
Best bottom shelf vodka there is.
>>
>>9295126
Kava is decent stuff!
>>
>>9295147
Try your best to remember, it will never be manageable. You can try and arrange your drinking an infinite number of ways but it will never be under control.

Good luck.
>>
>>9296503
Genuinely glad to see you again - you seem a decent bloke and i hope you manage to keep yourself out of trouble. Amazing what the human body can deal with really.

Managed to get down to a bottle every 2 days instead of a bottle a day, 2 a day at worst, and feel all the better for it. Can't see me kicking it any time soon but it's nice not to be back there
>>
You guys all need to go get some help.
>>
>>9297481
no shit jackass. what do you think the point of this thread is.
>>
>>9297438
Can't stand retards like you who always have the worse view on balance. I myself only drink on my days off now after drinking 1-2 fifths and day, sometimes don't even drink. It's perfectly possible to moderate it. I understand for some it is not a possibility, but for many it is.
>>
File: IMG_0894.jpg (73KB, 736x981px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0894.jpg
73KB, 736x981px
How much do I need to throw away before the methanol has gtfo muh ethanol?
>>
drinking hand sanitizer for the first time

fuck
>>
>>9297549
yeah its all good until it isnt.
>>
Where is the brew thread?

I'm making rice wine. Jar of water + rice & yeast. Hopefully it works.
>>
>dad caught me coming home with a full backpack again
>that disappointed look and tone
i gotta quit
>>
>>9297595
Guess the old "I gotta lottta homework" trick doesnt work anymore.
>>
>>9297568
What the fuck man
>>
Made a fool out of myself past night. Was just aimlessly wondering the city after the bars all closed sitting around drinking with literal hobos. Fucking hate the shame I feel right now
>>
>>9297581
your gonna die of food poisoning
>>
>>9297640
What were the hobos like? Been tempted to do the same but I always prefer the peace and quiet of my own home.

No shame if no one you know saw you
>>
>>9293907
coop 2l cider is good and is just apples and yeast so no nasty hangover from added sulphates
>>
>>9297640
>drinking with hobos
Used to do this all the time. It's amazing how intelligent and interesting some of them are. (Try watching 'Brian's story' on YouTube. Cambridge educated journalist turned homeless alchie)
Very dangerous people to be around, but you'll have access to every drug, weapon, girl, anything illegal you care to mention, and they won't care how much of a drunken idiot you are.
>>
Back from the store, got the $5 bacardi 750, $6 kahlua "cinnamon" and a $4 riesling. have high hopes for the rielsing

>>9297668
>>
>>9297668

Whoops forgot to reply.
Got some McDonalds with a local hobo a couple weeks ago. He was pretty cool and recited poetry in "exchange" for his burgers. Also an alcoholic; his backpack was philosophy printouts from the library, water, and vodka bottles.
>>
Just woke up after drinking most of a bottle of vodka. I remembered why I tend to avoid drinking spirits.
>>
>>9297694
Man I wish I had some Riesling, all I have is Gutedel, of course better yet, some decent red...
>>
>>9297718

Not a big wine guy cause I get killer hangovers from it. Will try a couple glasses with baked sardines for dinner
>>
>>9297717
Stay away from liquor. That's the fastest track to physical dependency.
>>
>>9294093
Use it to braise pork or something
>>
>>9297653
>>9297668

Pretty heartbreaking story 2bh. He was from Scotland and somehow made his way down to near London (where I am) to see his son who had cancer or something. We were near a hospital too. Just asking him about what he does to get by, where he sleeps and shit like that. I found it interesting.
>>
>>9297739
Normally I just stick to beer as the volume acts as a limitation.
>>
>>9297757
This.

I've braised pork shoulder with onions, carrots and apples in some hard cider someone left at my house after a party before. It came out really well.
>>
Anyone read the biography 'The Diceman' by Luke Rhinehart? He rarely made decisions for himself. He'd present a set of options, each linked to a number from 1-6. He'd then roll the dice and whichever number was revealed, absolutely dictated the path his life would take.

Every decision I make turns to shit. I'm hereby using post numbers to determine the path my life takes from now on.

If this post ends in an even number, I'm going to start drinking again. Odd, I get back into heroin. Doubles, I sober up and try not to kill myself.
>>
>>9297932
The post number has spoken.
Here we go. Brb 24hr garage.
>>
What do you guys do for a living?

>tfw CAD/CAM
>all the drunk jeweler stereotypes are true

Out of the 5 people I work with 4 including me are hardcore alcoholics and sneak drinks at work to fight off the shakes when we were working.
>>
This shame is too much to bear I hate being such a drunk fuck up
>>
>>9298042
Alcohol will ruin your life if you're a morn-to-night spirit-chugger. Everything goes to hell.
I can handle jail, I can handle being stabbed, I can handle physical pain. What I can't handle, is what it does to my family.
I k t f b.
>>
>>9297961
Currently in college to get an associate's degree in network admin. 37 years old. Wasted so much time.
>>
>>9298055
My recent bender was really shameful. It seems I'm starting to give less of a fuck about my drinking just publicly being a wreck these days

The worst feel is when you talk to a girl in a bar and it goes really well then she bumps into you in the morning and all she says to you is 'you haven't slept have you?' And you can see the disgust on her face before she leaves you. Just sums it up.
>>
>>9297718

Review: "Fisheye" $4 wine is pretty tasty. Basically "dry" grape juice. A shitty wine but a smooth drink that's for sure.
>>
Room temp PBR in cans.

Yep.

Just had a bad breakup.
>>
>>9298084
Oh nice. My Gutedel tasted like water with a hint of diluted wine in it (still has 12%, though). Honestly my beer tastes more like alc.
>>
>>9298084
shit, >>9298219
was meant for >>9298152

Anyway while on the subject of public benders, I rarely feel much shame when just going through town or whatever, when it's in front of friends or family it's much worse. Although I think my 'tism might play a role in there, I always beat my self up for social situations (even when sober) regarding family/friends so idk.
>>
>>9294084
Still cider can be really really good
>>
Anyone get like a sore/stiff neck when hungover?
>>
>>9296660
man i can see it. probably drank a bottle's worth of wine by now easy and not even 7pm
>>
>>9298247
Just means you slept weird.
>>
>Can't afford to buy alcohol
>Make kilju instead
>Oldest batch is still sweeter than a southerner's tea
Fuck, why does everything have to take so fucking long.
>>
>>9298300

did that stuff under the sink 6 months before i turned 21. went straight from "sugar water" to "plastic-leeched poison".
>>
>>9298350
You did it wrong. This isn't my first batch, I just forget to set up a new one till I'd drunk through most of my old one.

You do it right, and it'll turn from sugar water into a very mellow yeasty alcoholy water. Add about a tablespoon of concentrated juice to a pint and it tastes like juice. I like to add a splash of grapefruit juice as well. I don't care if it isn't manly, it tastes better this way.
>>
>>9298365
Actually, closer to half a tablespoon, now I think about it. I find it's better to make sugar wine and add a bit of juice than try to ferment juice straight, anyway.
>>
Shot in the dark but how would you legit alkies recommend someone to handle/reach out to one of you.

Family member became an alcoholic and ive already lost a lot of money and sanity, how would one best approach you?
Is it "cant help unless they want to be helped/wait for you to hit rock bottom and then swoop you up"?
>>
>>9298365

by the time i could try again i could just go to the liquor store and buy some. was an issue of being too autismo to get people to buy me alc than not being able to afford it
Though these days it's been spending more money on alc than food...
>>
>>9298426
>did that stuff under the sing 6 months before i [sic] turned 21
>by the time i [sic] could try again i [sic] could just go to the liquor store and buy some
I can't follow what you're saying at all. Did you leave it under the sink for 6 months or something? What the fuck? It only needs 2-4 weeks.
>>
>>9294409
is that 90% abv?
sweet jesus
>>
>>9298450

Yeah, real sorry about the typos [sic].
Anyway, yes, left in a crap environment for a while, tried it every so often, tasted like crap and got a crap result. Nowadays I buy my own alcohol, blog post over.
>>
>>9298422
Your chances of being able to help are slim to none.
Sorry.
Making them feel as good as possible is the best advice I can fathom. Giving them new hope, something new to enjoy, something fresh to which they can dedicate themselves.
Find him/her a 10/10 to screw 24/7 and a lottery jackpot maybe.
Yeah.
You're powerless.
Just remember that making them feel bad will make them drink more.

I'm sorry that you're dealt the shit hand which is that of having to deal with one of us al/ck/s. Don't feel guilty about being powerless. Alcoholism is not a trivial affair.
>>
>>9298422
Really hard to say. If there was anyone who cared about me that much, I probably wouldn't drink. I only started drinking out of loneliness.
>>
>>9293892
There was already a new thread you drunken cunt

>>9292936
>>9292936
>>9292936
>>9292936
>>9292936
>>
>>9298496
Fuck it, we're double fisting now.
Thread posts: 170
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.