[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

al/ck/ - Alcoholism General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 310
Thread images: 33

File: sip.png (535KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sip.png
535KB, 1920x1080px
Trying to get sober edition.

How are you doing, lads and ladettes?
>>
File: IMG_0864.jpg (45KB, 400x348px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0864.jpg
45KB, 400x348px
In 57 mins I'll be 24hrs sober. Day 1 almost achieved. Don't need to tell you how horrific I feel, and how depressed I am that even if I manage like a week, I'll still relapse and I'll be straight back in the dire depths of hell.
>>
>>9286274
How's the withdrawal? Did you taper?
>>
>>9286274
Good man. Stay strong
If I was religious I'd pray for you bro.
>>
>>9286274
Once it's done with you'll be okay.

But be careful. Down the line you'll be near a liquor store and decide to pick something up. You'll get drunk, it will suck and you'll regret it but you might decide to continue on.
>>
>>9286279
Withdrawal is worse than ever. Every time is worse than the last. I didn't taper, I have £1.11p to my name.
>>9286280
Thanks man. I SO desperately want to leave all of this nightmarish shit behind me forever. I need to be free once and for all.
>>9286283
Yeah know I'm going to relapse. I just fucking know it.
Does NOT help that an immediate family member might be seriously ill.
Fuck me. Life is horrible.
>>
>>9286294
I recommend getting fat. When I relapse I realize what I used to drink isn't enough because I'm so fat. Then I give up and go to sleep and don't try again for a month.
>>
How the fuck do I fall asleep sober?
Im dead tired but cannot relax.
>>
>>9286294
Remember to eat some meat and take your supplements please.
>>
Alcohol is objektivly the most useless and degenerate drug. The only "high" it gives you is poor judgment and the ability to be extra retarded. Why does society allow such degeneracy? Stop making yourselvs retarded.
>>
File: 1391014141608.jpg (163KB, 857x536px) Image search: [Google]
1391014141608.jpg
163KB, 857x536px
>>9286331
>just stop!
>>
>>9286327
Mirtazapine.
>>
>>9286331
I stoppped mid drinking to play pokemon.

Pokemon cures drinking.
>>
>>9286331
The people ITT are aware of the ills of alcohol, anon. We just got tricked.
>>
>>9286343
Are you pokemonbro from last thread playing fire red? Just started a new game picking charmander but haven't quit drinking
>>
>>9286327

Depending on how long you've been drinking consistently, a few weeks. I kept drinking because of this.. I couldn't handle the shakes, pukes, sore asshole, up for days. Got a walk in clinic somewhere? I've gone there countless times for pills to deal with withdrawals (its probably what you're experiencing.) Comes under a lot of names, but Valium is what you're looking for m8.
>>
>>9286327
An alcohol counsellor once told me to drink strong coffee when in this position, because it wakes you up, gets you a bit more hyper, then you crash back down and the added exhaustion makes it easier to drift off.
Insomnia is indeed though a FUCKING nightmare when you're withdrawing. It'd be so much less painful if I was better rested.
>>
>>9286361
Well you're not alone there, if that is any help.
I just try to listen to some rain on Youtube to relax.
>>
File: 1500546770242.png (409KB, 487x594px) Image search: [Google]
1500546770242.png
409KB, 487x594px
>>9286313

Man, bought a 3DS with Pokemon Omega Ruby and Ocarina of Time a few years ago. I should really get to playing them, but it's just too much effort and I quit out of frustration. A literal fucking Zelda game is too hard and too much a job for me. This is why I became a disgrace.
>>
>>9286355
>>9286343

I almost miss being unemployed, hammering vodka, and playing vidya all day. Almost
>>
>>9286355
Yep. I caught a level 30 dugtrio even though my highest level pokemon is 26.
>>
>>9286367
I ended up listening to purple rain and dancing around the living room.
>>
>>9286331
Alcohol is based you stupid faggot

>no paranoia unlike weed
>you can sleep straight afterwards unlike speed/coke/E's
>you're guaranteed a good buzz no matter the situation or mood unlike shrooms/acid
>you get a nice warm body buzz unlike benzos plus it's harder to black out and go full retard mode

Opi's are the closest competition but they're easier to kill yourself with plus you spew too much on them
>>
File: 1491489979389.png (156KB, 362x259px) Image search: [Google]
1491489979389.png
156KB, 362x259px
>>9286391
>Alcohol is based
>>
>>9286391
As an addendum I'll add that 2CB is almost as good an all around drug as alcohol but it takes too long to kick in and has an uncomfortable come up
>>
>>9286369
Hack it put a 128gb card in it. Fill it with games and sell it for double price. Or ya know just get drunk and play the fucking thing.

>>9286373
Yup I can only play vidya when I'm drunk as fuck now. I hate when someone comes over if I'm just tipsy getting there then they wanna play fkn multi-player. It's not the best life trust.

>>9286383
Noice
>>
>>9286274
If you can't stop, then drinking isn't your thing. Likely nothing is. Stay sober and enjoy life. Some people can drink and be fine. Some over do it and pay the price. Look if you're depressed, get off it sooner than later. It fucking exacerbates depression.
>>
>>9286391

Most of us in these threads have left casual drinking behind a long time ago. There is no warm buzz. There is only a love hate relationship with booze.
>>
>>9286413
>Or ya know just get drunk and play the fucking thing.

Easier to just get drunk and fish for (You)'s on /a/ all day erryday. I can't even force myself to play my guitar I was passionate about for 8 years straight.
>>
>>9286413
>Yup I can only play vidya when I'm drunk as fuck now. I hate when someone comes over if I'm just tipsy getting there then they wanna play fkn multi-player. It's not the best life trust.

Back in my CoD days my roommate would beg to play when I was sober. I'd be shaking like a leaf but start drinking immediately and go sub 1:1 for my first 2-3 games. As I got tipsy into drunk I'd peak at 4 or 5:1 then slowly decay back until I passed out. Fun times.
>>
>>9286441
Damn same I broke a string on my acoustic like 2 year ago and never even picked it up since. EADGBE.
"Every acid dealer gets busted eventually"

Some drugged up busker told me that when I stumbled past him. Made me want to play but now I've got no motivation
>>
>>9286457
That's all people want to play these days I actually enjoy it but only once I'm pretty much blacked out. I'm with pokemonbro it calms me down haha. I'll probably be dead in a few year anyway most of that's gonna be playing fire red getting shit faced. I'm 24 doctors already said liver is done in.
>>
>>9286468
>EADGBE
>"Every acid dealer gets busted eventually"

Lol mind blown. I had some assorted nutso messing around my bicycle infront of the supermarket today going on about being a street musician or some shit. Can't wait for the winter when everyone just fucks off from the streets and stays inside rummaging on their inner businesses.
>>
>>9286310
I'm pretty sure being fat doesn't increase how much it takes to get drunk, it's increasing muscle volume which probably happens as a side effect. It's basically increasing the volume of blood in your body which thereby decreases your blood alcohol content for a given amount of alcohol. Which is why chicks get drunk so easily, low muscle volume.
>>
>>9286327
Perhaps diphenhydramine and a couple marijuanas? I use diphenhydramine as a sleep aid when I fuck up my sleep schedule and need to sleep early to get back on track. Couple that with the right amount of the pot and you'll be knocked the fuck out.

Might want to check if diphenhydramine is fine when you're going through withdrawal since I'm not entirely sure what's going on with your brain chemistry. I'd guess it's fine though based on the neurotransmitters they fuck with.
>>
>>9286294
look into naltrexone. takes away the physical cravings for a lot of people. it has given me the ability to go weeks at a time without drinking. earlier this year i did a month. currently on 21 days sober. before the meds.. no fucking i could go 5 days without drinking.
>>
Bought a pax 2 to switch over to weed from alcohol
About to go pick it up from the post office and can feel an urge to stop to buy alcohol on the way rising in me, fuck.
>>
File: images.jpg (18KB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
18KB, 299x168px
Anyone use Kratom from a gas station? Local one just started stocking some.
>>
Finances are so ruined that I literally vomit if I even think about it, let alone check my balances and bounced payments.
I'm going to end up homeless.
>>
>>9286253
>Trying to get sober edition.

Fuck off with this AA bullshit.
>>
>>9286604
Don't get that brand. It is ratpoison, my friend died
>>
>>9286680
>doesn't want to stop drinking

Honeymoon phase teenager detected.
>>
File: 1500334177381.jpg (88KB, 678x678px) Image search: [Google]
1500334177381.jpg
88KB, 678x678px
>>9286696
Stfu little retarded cocksucker u know shit about me
>>
>>9286700
Looks like he was right on the money
>>
File: 1419475296580.jpg (79KB, 500x423px) Image search: [Google]
1419475296580.jpg
79KB, 500x423px
>>9286680
>>9286700
>>
good evening alcoholic friends
>>
>>9286712
Good evening.
>>
>>9286604
Gas station and pipe shop kratom is usually shit. Do some research on YouTube reviews.
>>
>>9286712
Meh. I'm out of beer and having a really wierd withdraw sequence right now. I dunno if I should just drink some Vodka to stave it off or try to cold turkey. The last few cold turkeys have actually gotten pretty scary.
>>
>>9286732
>The last few cold turkeys have actually gotten pretty scary.
Tell us more?
>>
>>9286774
Have you ever pissed your bed, covered in blankets even though it's hot out, sweating/freezing cold every thirty seconds, paranoid, itchy because it feels like bugs are in your skin, heart rate is through the roof, hard to walk - have to hold on to things. Hands/feet clamp up. THE THIRST - water isn't cold enough to quench the thirst. Ice water isn't. Run your tounge under water, it won't work. A few seconds
Later And it's back. The rotting stench coming off you. Pawn your shit for a bottle of vodka. Ever have nightmares while awake? You will swear you hear your name on the breeze because ghosts are coming to get you.

Booze is the cure and the curse.
>>
>>9286592
>About to go pick it up from the post office and can feel an urge to stop to buy alcohol on the way rising in me, fuck.

IT FUCKING HAPPENED NOW I HAVE 2 SIX PACKS OF SAM ADAMS AND WORK IN 12 HOURS FUCK ME
>>
File: 1431711990728.jpg (10KB, 208x314px) Image search: [Google]
1431711990728.jpg
10KB, 208x314px
>>9286832
>mfw people ask why I quit drinking and I tell them this

So many times hallucinating and stumbling down to the liquor store, body cramping up, dizzy, about to pass out, can barely lift the bottle onto the counter, struggling to get the change out of my pockets to pay for it, etc

Fuck. That.
>>
You don't drink thAt before/during work?
>>
>>9286832
The thirst is annoying as hell. No matter how much water I drink, it makes zero difference. Just a few pints of strong cider though and even though it's a diuretic, the thirst has fucked off.
>>
Man so much of this shit is very relatable but then you guys add stuff like pissing in your bed and I wonder just how close/far I am from it.
>>
>>9286872
I think that depends on the person. Even at my worst, drinking a handle of vodka and a 12 pack of beer a day, I never pissed or shit myself. Hell, I never really puked, either.
>>
Normally it's when I switch to beer that makes me piss. Vodka makes me seizure. Anyone else switch to drugs? Ive been snorting meth every couple weeks. Did 3pills and 4 MDMA last Saturday night. Was up for two days. Saw a bat crawl up my wall, jaw is still sore.

It was ok. I miss booze to be honest.
>>
File: IMG_1841.jpg (51KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1841.jpg
51KB, 600x600px
>tfw too tired to drink
>>
>>9286892
If you're going to switch drugs choose safer ones please
>>
>>9286892

Cutting carbs, so I mostly stick to weed which is a real bitch too because nothing makes fasting more fun than having mad munchies.
>>
>>9286732
Fuck never mind. I can literally feel the brain damage happening. The pressure is intense mostly in the frontal lobe and behind my left eye. The sides tingle. Almost pleasantly.

The problem is my kidneys and liver are starting to hurt pretty bad. That's always been a thing that gets me to stop drinking. I'm just sitting here starting at my drink and cursing existence.
>>
>>9286922
what's that like?

somehow I always find the energy
>>
>>9286572
This is apparently dependent on whether or not you have a particular genetic mutation. This mutation is most common in whites and asians and pretty much nonexistent in blacks. Seems pretty effective though if you have the mutation. I suppose if you have a drinking problem then you probably do have the mutation.
>>
>>9286253
i made a thread a week ago saying im trying spiced rum for the first time, im absolutely hooked on it now, i refuse to have soda that doesn't have atleast 2 oz of captain morgain in it.
>>
>>9286572
On the topic of medication, I recently got diagnosed with ADD and am taking methylphenidate (concerta along with instant release as needed) and it's eliminated my cravings for alcohol while in my system. I just take an instant after the extended release wears off if I don't intend to drink that evening. I assume that due to my ADD I tend to instinctually want to consume dopaminergic substances (alcohol, nicotine, opioids, benzodiazipines, amphetamines, c-c-c-c-c-cocaine, etc...) to sort of treat my low dopamine levels. As soon as I started the medication my cravings for pretty much all of these things just up and left. I don't feel the need to start drinking a few hours after I wake up. I can actually manage to wait until the late evening to have 1-2 beers after my medication wears off, without binging heavily to compensate for waiting that long between drinks.

That or perhaps my new dopaminergic substance just stimulates the reward pathways consistently at the level I was accustomed to after years of moderate to heavy substance use, meaning I don't need to consume anything to get myself back to that level.

I'm pretty sure heavy drinking is quite common among people with ADD so it's worth considering if you desire to quit and stay having quit. You can't drink on it though since alcohol potentiates methylphenidate. Also, the symptoms of ADD are probably not what you think, since people tend to confuse it with the hyperactivity bit that some people have.
>>
File: kilo.jpg (16KB, 400x560px) Image search: [Google]
kilo.jpg
16KB, 400x560px
>>9286991
>cpt morgan
Get on the Kilo Kai bus, you scrub. It only costs a shade more than CM, but it's so much better.
>>
>>9286253
ALL OPS: Post the link to the old thread.
Old thread: >>9279323
>>
So, I've been wanting to try meme drinks for awhile and I thought back on Four Loko which I guess was the craze in 2009/2010. These drinks actual caused blackouts among people? Fucking weak. It tastes just like any other energy drink.
>>
>>9287155
that's because back in 2009/2010 it was packed full of caffeine as well. Pretty sure it had the equivalent of a redbull inside each one. Which was mainly the cause of dumbass teens drinking them, and not feeling as drunk due to the caffeine so they would keep drinking more.

Now since the company got sued to hell and back they can no longer add any caffeine to the drinks.
>>
>>9287155
Two of them back when they had caffeine after getting home from the bars was pretty gnarly. I managed to vomit in my sleep after having ahi tuna for dinner and a night of rum and cokes which was topped off with 2 watermelon 4 lokos...by far the worst smelling vomit of my career.
>>
>>9287155
Several years ago the govt cracked down on them and they were forced to remove the "energy blend". So now it's just flavored 12% malt liquor--no caffeine, no bull semen or whateverthefuckelse was in the good shit. I still miss Sparks Black.
>>
>>9287186
>>9287187
>>9287196

Damn, wish I could have tried it back when it had caffeine. ah well, it still pretty tasty from time to time. makes for a good buzz.
>>
>>9287207
>it still pretty tasty from time to time
clearly we're talking about a different Four Loko
>>
>>9287207
You could prolly find the original amount caffeine and just sub it and get the same effect.
>>
>>9287207
Sparks might still exist. Haven't seen it in years, but in my early 20s the Sunday afternoon ritual before a multi-hour drive home from a weekend outdoor EDM festival was to grab a Sparks Black, pound them before we hit the freeway, and toss the empties on the freeway entrance ramp.
>>
>>9286516
You must not live in New York. Summer brings out the criminals, winter brings out the crackheads and crazies.
>>
>>9287224
But then it wouldn't have the taurine, ginseng and other misc herbal shit in it.
>>
>>9287238
Dont remember that being in there but its been a while. Just throwing out ideas.
>>
>>9287238
Just mix any energy drink with vodka for the same effect
>>
File: 1396979347159.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1396979347159.webm
3MB, 800x450px
over 4 months sober now. everything is better on this side. any anons struggling out there, you can do this!
>>
>>9287249
You're not wrong. It's not as if any of that herbal energy blend shit really matters when you're pounding 24oz of malt liquor. Caffeine was the only effective component of the energy blend.
>>
>>9286253
Is Smirnoff dead?
>>
>be sober for a short while
>once WD gtfo, hyper boredom sets in
>search high and low for any kind of hobby to keep me occupied, no real booze cravings, desperate to never drink again, desperate for something to do to keep me occupied and sober
>can't find shit
>eventually settle on a shitload of home brewing kit
I think I'm literally retarded.
>>
>>9287231
This made me chuckle out loud. :)

Sparks was the early point of my boozing career. Haven't thought about that stuff in ages, can taste the sprightly flavor rn lol.
>>
>>9287237
God I fucking hate living in a city. Only 3 more years.
>>
>>9287276
What did you do for fun before you started drinking?
>>
Curious for alcoholic anons. My dad quit drinking lately from what my mom told me, (I don't live with them anymore). He's been a drinker since before I was even born. Supposedly he feels like shit now that he's quit. Is it true if you quit booze you feel like shit? Thanks.
>>
>>9287302
Played with lego, went to school and watched cartoons.
>>
>>9287313
YES.
You feel like a huge part of your life is lost. Nothing is fun. Also, look into PAWS.
>>
>>9287322
PAWS?
>>
>>9287324
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-acute-withdrawal_syndrome
>>
>>9287329
Huh. I just know he stopped drinking because my younger brother who still lives with em lashed out at my dad and they supposedly fought. From what my mom's told me, this is what made him realize to put the bottle down.
>>
>thought I was out of booze, at barely a buzz at a 11pm
>found two Old Chub beers from my craft brew phase, buried way back in my fridge, from 2015

I cracked one and tested it.

It tastes the same as it did 2 years ago. I'm thoroughly impressed by their sanitation quality standards. Sipping an 8% beer to cap my night off, after 4 beers at the bar, and quite a few gin and tonics at home playing CS:GO.
>>
>>9286327
Melatonin and Magnesium two hours before sleep.
>>
So serious question

I graduated college a year ago. I did my fair share of chugging beers, retarded amounts of shots, chugging beers at home alone every night, downing liquor at home alone, everything.

Is Alcohol poisoning and death a meme? I've been really fucked up before, but my body was completely capable of cutting me off and puking up what it wanted to. Seriously, what the fuck do these frat kids do to make themselves DIE of alcohol poisoning? Jesus Christ. I tallied up 30 shots worth of booze one night drinking alone, years ago, when I was barely drinking alone.
>>
>>9287460
It's inexperienced kids downing shot after shot before their body can catch up and they pass out so hard that they choke on their vomit. Al/ck/s don't get alcohol poisoning.
>>
>>9287501
As an al/ck/oholic, I actually did get fucked up enough to throw up in bed, probably like 4 years ago.

I puked, rolled onto my side in my delirium, and went back to sleep. Fucking normies.
>>
I've drunk all 10 of my cans, 500ml 5%, and I barely feel anything besides slightly slower reflexes. Feels shit. Sometimes I feel a buzz after one or two drinks.
>>
>parents home today
>need to chug a few beers on the way home from the store
>parents are really pissy about my drinking
can't wait to get out of here already
>>
>>9287501
I drank over a 5th and a half of kraken on an empty stomach(it was free, didn't buy it) last week i'm i'm pretty sure I poisoned myself because I woke up on the floor puking, my lungs were hurting bad because i inhaled some bile, I coughed it all up over a week.
>>
File: 1498630059370.jpg (52KB, 479x540px) Image search: [Google]
1498630059370.jpg
52KB, 479x540px
>liver hurting after drinking 16 beers a night for a week
Am I gonna die?
>>
>>9287749
There's no way that would cause actual pain in the liver.
More likely it's stress related pain. I get that myself and have undergone a shitload of diagnostic procedures because we all figured it was gall stones or something. Nope, just stress.
Which is lovely because the more it hurts the more your worry.
>>
>>9287523
You sound like a real winner.
Hopefully you'll leave home and drink yourself to death fairly quickly.
>>
>>9287753
What's your problem?
>>
>>9287287
I propose you're in school?

If you're in NY, life gets better, as long as you can cooly go with the grind.

If you aren't moving upwards here, take a look at the company you keep.
>>
>>9287753
Troll cunt. Ignore.
>>
>>9287276
Sorry anon but this made me laugh a bit. Looking for a hobby sober then eventually decided to homebrew alcohol as a "hobby"
>>
>>9287760
>>9287789
I hate it when mommy and daddy stop me drinking!
I'm going to move away and drink as much as I like!
That'll show them how mature I am!
>>
>>9287886
you sound real mature yourself, mate
>>
Morning lads. Any drinking based plans for this friday? Going the pub (probably spoons) later which is alright because at least it looks better than drinking alone at home. Last time I got suitably bevved and bought a load of drinks for people I haven't seen in a while including a couple for a close friends gf who I hadn't met before who broke up with him a couple weeks after so now I feel scammed.
>>
>>9287895
yeah staying inside and only leaving to go to the local spot in my town to get a few bottles of whiskey dreading seeing the same fuckin clerk night after night drinking it and going through hell my pc is dying and I dont have enough cash to fix it just another weekend man
>>
File: 1501101630033.jpg (64KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
1501101630033.jpg
64KB, 500x300px
you ever get those drunk realizations, like it makes you so inhibited that you are just like are just too honest. im drunk rn.
>>
>>9286327
I'm highly dependent on unisom. Seems to help. Make sure it has doxylamine and not diphenhydramine.
>>
>>9287950
I had the same woman twice in a row even though I wasn't buying much last week when I was off. On the third day I walked up the hill to a different one just to be safe. Does run the risk of having to go nearer family houses then which would have hard to explain why I was buying a crate of beer when I should have been at work.
>>
File: hot-black-coffee-1680x1050.jpg (497KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
hot-black-coffee-1680x1050.jpg
497KB, 1680x1050px
Whats the best alcohol to have with your coffee?
>>
>>9287965
Whiskey and some whipped cream on top.
Voila, Irish coffee.
>>
>>9287956
Just let us drink man let us melt to yellow fuck everyone having eyes and shit on us man we pay our dues
>>
fucking shit, i pissed myself again
>>
>>9288060

and passed out to this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcEc8zeNYxI
>>
>>9288060
pissed myself on a grey hound before when i got one state close to home my family came and picked me up and took me back to thier place before we got there i picked up a 30 rack and pissed on their coffee table in the middle of the night that 6 hour drive was wierd but I was broke ans felt free the next day.

never pay the ransom bro
>>
>>9288075
>on a grey hound
What?
>>
>>9288098
greyhound cross country buss travel
>>
anyone thereabout?
>>
>>9287890
He's not wrong though and I have the same parent issue with drinking
>>
>>9288075
I pissed all down my leg at a party the other week because I got distracted by a copy of The Economist that was in the bathroom. Think I got away with it by hanging outside in the smoking area for the rest of the night.
>>
anyone hear from simpsonsbro lately?
>>
>>9288200
>Eww does it smell like Economist reader out here to you?
>>
>>9288299
Never read it before, wasn't really even interesting but in my drunken stupor I was no handing my dick to read about some boring politics shit with both hands
>>
>>9288275
Nope, despite several asking if he's alive
>>
>>9288299
Oh yeah and I thought about the smell and attempted to cover it by pouring beer and holding cigs on the same spot which I'm not sure even worked
>>
What's a good whiskey

Glenmorangie was OK but I'm a scrub
>>
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/08/170811085036.htm
So...
I can put a goldfish in a tank into the freezer, and take out vodka?
>>
>>9288357
I highly doubt it, not real science
>>
>>9288346
>What's a good whiskey
Bottom shelf vodka and apple juice in a fancy whiskey glass.
>>
>>9288346
Higland park used to be a good beginner single malt, in that its a bit sherried, a bit smokey, a bit peaty, a bit coastal/oily, starts off sweet and finishes dry, affordable.

But I haven't been able to afford to drink single malts for years and I think the quality of lower level single malts has deteriorated
>>
>>9288346
I had that "Jura Origin" one. Seemed alright but I don't really know what I'm on about.
>>
>>9287786
Law school yea
>>
>>9286253
Want to stop. Can't stop. Wife is leaving me so the odds of quitting now decreasing further still.
>>
>>9288358
I can't see anything indicating the article to be false science. Anaerobic respiration is well understood, it's just usually not sufficient to support complex life (at least in the long run). I think the article is farily well written and not dumbed down as much as most journalistic attempts to explain science.
Of course you wouldn't be able to produce enough ethanol to feel anything from.
>>
>>9288411
Is she leaving you because of the drink?
>>
Any wine-o's here?

All I drink is cask wine, like when I was a teenager.
>>
>>9288548
Love wine, currently drinking a castillian tempranillo, Spanish wine is GOAT
>>
File: alton's unitasker.jpg (252KB, 762x1022px) Image search: [Google]
alton's unitasker.jpg
252KB, 762x1022px
>>9286391
Why not all of the above?

My friends and I have something we call BHP, which stands for Browning High Powder (we like guns). Opiate, amphetamine, benzo, muscle relaxant, maybe a little blow/X/whathaveyou. Crush it all up and parachute while drinking beer and smoking weed.

If one of us died, the toxocologist doing the autopsy would have a field day!
>>
I'm dying. I drink to excess, 1 day of hangover followed by 2 days of intense withdraw, repeat infinitely. I can't stop. I do it to cope with mental illness bit the drinking brings me so much additional regret and self loathing that it's obviously not worth it and I hate it and I don't wanna do it but I can't stop. It doesn't help that I live with an enabler. I'm 23 yrs old, this needs to end before I die or I kill someone else.
>>
>>9288548
My supermarket sells name brand wine that's surprisingly decent for the price, €3.99 a bottle (one liter). Been drinking at least one of those (South-African white) almost every day lately.
>>
>>9288592
>name brand
I mean their own house brand, €3.99 obviously won't get you anything remotely fancy or recognizable
>>
>>9288603
I think that depends on where you live. I live in a major wine growing region, can often get a bottle of decent regional for 4-5€
>>
>>9288633
Of course I also mean 1L bottles, when I lived in a different part of the country to study, nobody wanted to drink the wine I brought (eventhough it was great), because they all thought 1L bottles are always cheap shit.
>>
>>9287455
Thats like 400 calories per beer.
>>
>>9288582
Get help man.
Sucks if you live in the US because of le supreme leader Trump, but still worth it. Sounds like your life is in the shitter. Can only get better
>>
>>9288633
I live in the Netherlands. Not much wine growing going on here.
>>
Anyone else /beergut/? Why can't some go to the arms, they're still super lanky.
>>
ah yes, the weekend
when i look at the ol drinking days with rose tinted glasses, wishing i could go back to the way things was, instead of seizures and piss and losing multiple days at a time
>>
Who else is staying drunk just incase of nuclear war?

I don't want to die sober, That's my biggest fear
>>
>>9286696
>He wants to be sober like some cuck
>not drinking until sweet death takes you
>>
>>9288823
There's nothing sweet about years of extreme suffering.
>>
>>9288844
That's why I said sweet death you dumb sober fuck.
>>
>>9288823
If you actually wanted to die, you would have offed yourself already
>>
>>9288819
Jack shits gonna happen but if it does at least I'll die how I lived.
>>
File: 1493254834830.jpg (362KB, 1106x1012px) Image search: [Google]
1493254834830.jpg
362KB, 1106x1012px
>>9288848
>If you actually wanted to die, you would have offed yourself already
>>
>>9288848
Are you that Stacy who got her cuck boyfriend to kill himself?
>>
>>9288691
Yeah i fucking hate it
Gonna really step up the weight loss starting in september
>>
>>9288845
You'd rather go through the hell than avoid it?
These threads aren't for you. Not just because you clearly have no experience of the reality of hardcore alcoholism, but because you sound young and annoying. This isn't /b/.
>>
>>9288859
No, I'm telling you that you probably don't actually want alcohol to kill you.
>>
was just feeling after being sober for 2 days. Went to buy 0.2L of vodka and 0.33l of coca cola. Chugged it in my commieblock neighboruhood in like 10 minutes. Feel so fucking good now, will probably go get 0.4l of vodka more and 1L of 7.5% beer even though I shouldn't, but I will have to. Trying to quit nowadays I don't drink as much anymore.
>>
>>9288814
I wish I could go back to when drinking was fun too. But that's not possible.
The chemistry in my brain has changed, it doesn't make me sociable any more, it doesn't even feel as good as it used to.

>>9288819
What are booze laws like in Guam?
>>
>>9286310
If you can just "give up and go to sleep and not try again for a month", well, I fucking envy you.
>>
>>9286253
>Trying to get sober edition.
Fucking quitters
>>
>>9287258
I dunno, the original formula of 4 Loko got me fucked up wayyy more than just mixing red bull and alcohol. Not in a good way.
>>
>>9288928
You're not deep enough to understand.
>>
>>9288949
No I just stick to beer. 1.5 gallons a day.
>>
I've slept in my own vomit for the last 3 nights in a row. Ended up going to a wedding last night, drinking a litre of vodka and making a complete fucking fool of myself. I remember grabbing some young girl's ass.
>>
>>9289143
Sleeping in your own piss, shit and vomit is fine because it only hurts yourself. But grabbing some young girl's ass isn't very good, especially if we are actually talking about young.
>>
I'm drinking vodka and nos but only cause I don't get paid till next Friday and I have no money to waste on blow
I'm addicted to feeling good.
>>
>>9288671
Drink Trappist beer instead.
>>
>>9289216
I also ended up ranting about how muslims are invading Europe, even though there were 320 guests at the wedding and literally every single one of them except me was a muslim. I'm lucky I got out alive after squeezing that girl's ass, she was about 15.
>>
>>9289234
Yeah the whole Muslim thing wasn't very bright but it only hurts you, grabbing 15 year old is different.

But yeah, maybe a sign that things should change. Who knows, our lowest points are all different.
>>
If I drink anything other than spirits all night there's a 100% chance I'll piss myself.

Just did it twice in the last week. I feel much more shame for pissing my bed in my 20's than the drinking.
>>
>>9289288
Why are you being such a white knight? I highly doubt having a tall, handsome white man touch her ass traumatised her for life. She probably went home and touched herself thinking about it.
>>
Retarded question:
Will I go through withdrawal if I stop drinking after consuming 5-12 beers every night for a few months?
>>
>>9289342
Every person is different so there's no way to be certain, but I would think that yes, you would suffer withdrawals if you were to suddenly quit.

Taper off.
>>
>>9289336
Haha, I live in Northern Europe and I have meet plenty of 15 year old sluts that certainly wouldn't mind.

But I recently meet a few girls from eastern Europe and it was such a extremely different experience from the life I have lived until now that I actually have taken the time to re-evaluate some things. Not everybody live the same way and have the same attitude.
>>
>>9289342
Drank a bottle of vodka a day for weeks, didn't do anything. Got older and had a few withdrawals and now they come after only a few days.

Point is that biology is hard, you will see when you try.
>>
>>9286253
Was doing great with tapering for a few weeks, then it all went to shit. Went from 3 units per day for a whole week to 24 in one night, as well as the following day. Been sick all week with horrible nausea, I was puking a lot on Sunday and Monday. I've only been able to eat a handful of food per day since Sunday and my skin is very dry.

Been drinking over a gallon of water per day and cut back to 1 unit every 2 hours to get back to where I was. I hate giving in to cravings when I've made it so far, ffs. Need to keep my life goals in mind more often, I think this was partly caused by being distracted with less important things. Things that don't matter at all compared with what I'm trying to do.

What a horrible week. I have the pungent alcoholic body odor thing going on too, that's not helping with the nausea either.
>>
>>9289216
Ugh, this. I've grabbed asses, tits and even shoved my hand straight up the skirts of former friends' and dealers' gf's. I also hit on E V E R Y fit gril I see in public, unless I'm withdrawing. Even those who are with guys. Shit you not, I pretty much tell them, complete strangers in the street, that they're coming home with me. Most giggle, look embarrassed and hurry off, but every now and again it works. One time I said to a gril "oohhhh shit, look at that!!" (Staring her bid up and down) then said "coming or not love?" And she started following me home before she even knew my name or had said a single word in response.
One day I'll ask the wrong girl, and end up murdered or in prison. I can't help myself when I'm rekt.
>>
>>9289465
Not saying that it doesn't work, just had some different experience in life lately that got me thinking. >>9289411
>>
>>9289452
Get some source of electrolytes. Gatorade or something. Just water won't help. It may worsen the nausea actually.

Even mineral water would be better.
>>
Finally got some alcohol in me after 45 hours with none. (Had no money until an hour ago) Holy shit. Really reminds me just how addicted I am. That was nasty.
Bought some goose fat, potatoes, duck breast, (real, non freeze-dried) gravy, stuffing ingredients, carrots and Yorkshire pudding ingredients and sausages with which to celebrate tomorrow. Then realised that when I've drunk this lot I'll be 0% hungry. Wew
>>
>>9289498
The little amount of food I've been eating has been good sources of electrolytes. Right now, it's just about waiting for my liver and kidneys to remove the poison.
>>
Lonely engineer here

Talked to my family. Every cousin has lost everything, I'm the one who is still successful. Being alone isn't so bad I guess. At least I am successful
>>
File: crying_seal.jpg (26KB, 500x335px) Image search: [Google]
crying_seal.jpg
26KB, 500x335px
I went two entire months straight without drinking.
I just bought two big bottles of vodka and picked it back up.
Even after I been working out and losing weight.
Fuck my life.
>>
>>9289226
Yeah that's some good stuff, but not a very summery drink for me, barring the odd chilled one here and there.
>>
Bout to head off to my whithdrawl weekend retreat hiding the length of my sickness away in a hotel. Went to the doctor yesterday and she thinks I might have an irritaed stomach lining. Woo. Wish me luck people.
>>
>>9289515
I highly recommend getting a bunch of Gatorade for when you're drinking. It's pretty easy to put down and keep down, unlike food. If you drink it alongside the booze then you stave off a lot of the unpleasant effects of alcohol. Gotta have salt to rehydrate properly.

My ritual was about 15 +- 5 drinks per night along with 1-2 32 fl oz Gatorade and then a heavy fatty meal before bed that probably involved cheese. Had almost no hangover, even when I would go out with friends and would have more drinks than usual.

I also can't really afford to maintain that for more than a few months at a time though, because of my tolerance increasing. I can't even afford enough bottom shelf vodka to keep drinking after three months.
>>
>>9289465
Do they ask you to pay them?

>>9289567
Your withdrawals last just a weekend?
>>
>>9289513
>Had no money until an hour ago
How many dicks did you play with
>>
>>9289609
>pay?
Nah, I think they're just bored
>>
>>9289643
Just my own, while waiting for money to clear
>>
>>9286431

Wow, just "stay sober and enjoy life"? Who knew it was so easy!
>>
Is a cheap, screw cap rose wine going to be negatively affected by sitting in the fridge for two weeks rather than being stored properly?
>>
>>9289743
I've never seen a bottle of anything last more than 36 hours
>>
>>9286983
ive read that. probably true. some people say it doesnt help them.
>>
>>9286998
glad you found a medication thats helping control your drinking.
>>
>>9289754
It's not open and I've got other things to drink.
>>
>>9289793
>not open
It'll be fine.
Let it teach room temp then breathe, it you're fussy,
You're posting on a board on which people accidentally piss into a half-full, plastic vodka bottle instead of the empty old one, and out of sheer desperation, still drink it.
>>
>>9286922
I'm in this boat right now. I'm on my 7th consecutive day of work and got 4 hours left, even on 10 hours of sleep I had last night I don't think I can stay up and drink...and it's my only day off. Sucks honestly but my future self will probably thank me for it.
>>
>>9288952
You must look like a bloated body found in the ocean
>>
>>9289808
I've done this countless times with cheap cider in the past. Been so desperate/not knowing if it's piss I'd swill it around my mouth just to make sure I'm not about to throw away half a bottle of frosty jacks.

Spoiler, it was almost always piss.
>>
>>9289808
Meh, it's not like it's someone else's piss
>>
File: 1445905181216.jpg (50KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1445905181216.jpg
50KB, 500x500px
So I think I had an episode yesterday and I'd like some info from the, well, experts. Tuesday and Thursday I went way way too hard, drinking straight vodka and getting totally trashed two days in a row on an empty stomach both days. The next day I go to the bathroom (among standard lower back aching) and poop, and it was a pure black rock. Allegedly responsible is Melena caused from my excessive drinking. But I felt totally normal all day up unitl 7:00 when I was just lying on my bed, and I immediately space out, like straight up eyes blur, float to one spot, stare and my body begins fluctuating between hot and cold. Then i spend the day vomiting back up the large amount of water I had been drinking all day (and too my credit there wasn't any blood in it). But I looked up and it said that liver problems can occur with stuff like spacing out or getting Melena in your poop. And so I'm sober today, I've only been hard drinking a year and a half and I've had bad nights before, but this just has me too worried. Also, there's blood in my urine all day, but I actually have a different history with that and it could be due to the last couple days. So what's the verdict? I feel like this is a lot at once, but I've only been drinking a year. There are people who drink hard everyday and go on for years (though we all know getting them to stop is where the bad news comes in).
>>
>>9289986
It's time to get your shit together before you post this same stupid shit in ten years wondering what the fuck has happened to your life.
>>
File: IMG_0046.jpg (43KB, 530x444px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0046.jpg
43KB, 530x444px
Thanks to whom ever posted some cranford mix tunes a few threads back. Loving his stuff. For those who missed the post, here are a few.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=tpaSENzmLgQ

https://youtube.com/watch?v=62wgqdCbQp8

https://youtube.com/watch?v=VsbQ23KZ7x0

Only a true al/ck/ has that level of insight.
>>
>someone just left an almost full pint of lager on the bar
Free pint lads.
>>
Do the more /r9k/ amongst you lot ever go out drinking to a pub or something on your own?
>>
Ok guys I need your help. I'm going to a huge electronic music festival tomorrow and getting something to drink there will be a extremely annoying and going to the bathroom will be even worse.

I missed the time frame to get my hands on some clean pills, so this option isn't going to work either.

So I decided to go completely sober. My only problem is I don't really feel the music when sober. It's not that I'm shy or anything, I just can't get into this "trance" state, where you can really sink into the music and I can't really enjoy dancing at all.

Do you AA guys have any tips on how to enjoy dancing sober?
>>
>>9290260
Aren't many AA's in al/ck/, too much religious stuff and insistence that without them you'll die. What they do openly stress though is that being drunk is a lot more fun (for a few,fleeting hours a day) than sobriety. AA cant help you and I, as someone who knows them but rejected them, cant help you either other than to suggest you use mdma if you're gonna be with girls who are also taking it, or coke if not. Imo there's pretty much nothing else, except weed or risking a booze relapse.
>>
>>9290309
>be with girls
we're on 4chan friend.

Yeah like I said, I missed my time frame to get anything else and I won't buy diarrhea powder from some street pushers.

I just wonder if I dance long enough I get some kind of runners high or something. Usually I just don't dig the music unless I'm already pretty shit headed. I'm not sure if that says something about the music or about myself.
>>
>>9290223
once in a while to splurge with some food. its too expensive to go more than that and pretty awkward just sitting at the bar
>>
>>9289234
muslims are all about the young girls, i doubt anyone cared
>>
all you faggots who don't eat and drink water and shit deserve everything that happens to you
>>
>>9290320
Perhaps you could get some mdma at the concert. You could either get weed before or try to get something there. There aren't really any workarounds for you since you've already conditioned yourself to require substances to enjoy yourself in that environment. You might be able to recondition yourself but not in the time frame you've got.

Just ask people that look like they're rolling. I assume they'll be pretty friendly.
>>
>>9290642
Why?
>>
>tfw i can't even remember the last time i have gone a day without drinking.
>>
>>9290721
fuck it
>>
>>9289554
Just keep working out senpai. Don't give up on your fitness.
>>
>>9288065
Patrician. I play that to give me enough confidence to go out
>>
>>9290693
It is the most basic of basics to eat and drink properly to stave off the worst effects of excessive drinking, so that you can continue drinking, as well as drink a greater quantity.

Not eating and drinking is just sheer stupidity for an alcoholic because it prevents you from drinking more. Hair of the dog won't help with electrolyte depletion. You'll end up too sick to keep the booze down.
>>
>>9291097
An alcoholic should have it in his best interest to at least have decent nutrition. The most damage you can do is on an empty stomach. Increases liver damage by 40% I read somewhere. Also alcohol depletes vitamins a fair bit. Never had hangovers myself but I take a fair bit of liver supplements like milk thistle, taurine, NAC, Curcumin, 4 cups of strong coffee everyday.
>>
>>9291131
No B or Magnesium?
>>
I got pulled over tonight
Got traffic school for speeding
No d.u.i
Great news as I was driving wife's car.
>>
>>9291176
what do they do
>>
>>9291097
>stupidity
If I eat I vomit blood. You have an abrasive and adolescent way of phrasing things. "Deserve whatever they get"? Were ruined, in pain.
If your mother dies from cancer, she deserves it for not exercising like an athlete after her hip operation.
>>
>>9291256
B complex prevents that whatever disease that major alchies get, magnesium also restores a heavily depleted vitamin (gotta get the right source because some aren't soluble. I use taurate, but other people may have a better one).

I mainly take a multi, fish oil, milk thistle, b complex, and then a magnesium every other day. Of course, in addition to my allopurinol because my boozing gave me gout at age 24 like some late Bobby Hill wannabe.
>>
File: firefox_2017-08-11_22-26-39.png (2KB, 100x43px) Image search: [Google]
firefox_2017-08-11_22-26-39.png
2KB, 100x43px
who here /over30days/
>>
>>9291283
nigga I'm barely over 30 minutes
>>
>>9290642
>galloping in and screaming like an ignorant child from /b/.
>>
>>9291287
I can still taste my last gulp. Maybe 3 minutes.
Brb, fancy another.
>>
>>9291272
I didn't write the first post. I'd have approached with a bit more tact but I agree that people are responsible for the repercussions of their actions, especially things caused by a lack of knowledge and foresight.

Is it a stomach ulcer or damaged lining from your alcohol consumption? What about liquid sources of sustenance? Will a protein shake or Pedialyte cause the same issue? Even if sipped slowly over long period of time?
>>
>>9291397
The thought of chewing a grain of rice makes me nauseous, not exaggerating. Aggravating, blatantly ignorant little shits like >>9290642 inferring that I deserve to die in agony because I'm not physically capable of keeping food down are an insufferable, miserably ignorant group of oblivious fools whose infuriating advice to 'just pull yourself together', makes me want to pull them apart, limb from limb.
People in al/ck/ are ill and are dying.
>>
>>9291278
>B complex prevents that whatever disease that major alchies get
Alckies often have a vitamin B1(thiamine) deficiency, depending on cause it gets called Beri-Beri, Wernicke-, or Wernicke-Kosakow-Syndrom. If you have trouble eating properly, while drinking, YOU NEED TO TAKE SUPPLEMENTS!!!! Otherwise Vit B1 (Thiamine) is mainly in grains and also in meat, it's not hard to find foods that contain Vit Thiamine, but alcoholism disturbs the uptake, be sure to intake lots of food containing B1, or buy supplements!
>>
>>9286253
six months sober from weed and alcohol

debating if I should smoke pot

AA frowns on it and that program really helps keep me sober

just hope I don't relapse if I enjoy a toke every once in a while
>>
>>9291509
Whatever you can manage. Be honest with yourself. Be honest.
>>
>>9291283
26, Almost there.
>>
File: 1482906208758.jpg (55KB, 670x503px) Image search: [Google]
1482906208758.jpg
55KB, 670x503px
I gave up two months to be sober.
The moment I start it back up the whole family knows.
Fuck.
Why can't I just seclude myself into drinking?
Now I got all kinds of shit to deal with.
I just wanted a few shots and watch a movie, fuck.
>>
File: ji.jpg (75KB, 394x592px) Image search: [Google]
ji.jpg
75KB, 394x592px
>>9289334
>when you enjoy a great relaxing piss
>when you wake up
>>
File: tumblr_oi79py8Qaw1u2kfqfo1_500.jpg (31KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oi79py8Qaw1u2kfqfo1_500.jpg
31KB, 500x500px
Hi.

Tonight, at 3am, I'm going to walk down the hill from my place, all the way to my highway overpass, and throw myself off when I see a truck coming close.

I'm only 22. I just wanted to say thanks to 4chan. I've been a lurker for fucking years. I lurk /b/, /ck/, a few other boards. Only this year did I start lurking al/ck/ threads. I never wanted to admit it, but yeah - I'm an alcoholic. I don't need it to function every day but damn if I don't depend on it for when I'm down.

You guys really made my teen years, and some of my young adult years, a wild fucking hoot.

I'm just drinking now, waiting until the time comes where I leave my house and start walking. Anyone want to chat?
>>
>>9291741
it would be easier just to take a cab
>>
>>9291749
Hell, true! There are a lot of businesses by that overpass, including a Tim Hortons that's open 24 hours. Hell, not like I have to worry about money wasted, either.

Thanks anon, holy shit.
>>
>>9291741
Post results.
>>
>>9291781
If I somehow fucking live and end up in the hospital in a coma

even if it's like, a fucking month from now, I'll gladly post an update and selfie with love, from canadian anon

Maybe I'll have some sick battle scars and disabilities
>>
>>9291717
It's so awful you can't even meme it properly
>>
I just want to know, has anyone here committed to alcoholism in the long run NOT pissed themselves at least once? I'm curious since >that's my problem and I've never puked once
>>
>>9291881
How drunk are you to greentext that badly?

And I used to piss in the beginning of my career, but now I autopilot to the bathroom and not remember it.
>>
>>9291741
Do a flip.
>>
File: 7e3mnjF.png (491KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
7e3mnjF.png
491KB, 1000x563px
>>9290642
>eat and drink water
>eat water
>mfw
>>
File: Hola-Skull.png (23KB, 600x413px) Image search: [Google]
Hola-Skull.png
23KB, 600x413px
every day i get better and better at drunk driving
>>
Get help folks, it's never too late
>>
File: IMG_20170604_221513784~2.jpg (1MB, 2340x3571px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170604_221513784~2.jpg
1MB, 2340x3571px
If I could only go back just 2 years, everything would be so different.
I just fucked a fat disgusting beaner from Tinder tonight, so now I'm finishing off some rum.
I also took some Xanax and I'm hoping not to wake up. Or at least won't remember fucking that fat onion smelling spic.
I'm only 22, but mcfucking fuck my shit up. I feel like a 57 year old degenerate alcoholic.
>>
>>9290204
I stole cheese off someones cheese platter at a bar in Portland when they went to the bathroom a few months ago.
I thought it was hard cheese when I grabbed it, but it ended up being brie and I have have cheese all over my hands
>>
>>9292218
I'd take fat pussy over no pussy.
t. 29 year old virgin
>>
>>9289513
Pls cook for me.
I gave foie gras and curry, idk fuck
>>
>>9292229
It was disgusting.
Pussy is not worth it, I wish I was a wizard instead of a self-hating manwhore.
I keep having sex, but I can't maintain an erection because too drunk
>>
>>9292229
>>9292238
I went in raw too.
I guarantee I'm gonna have another disease, at least I gave here genital warts though. She probably already had it though
Fuck that fat beaner
>>
6 hours until I'm able to get to a store
Jesus
>>
File: 20170812_051403.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170812_051403.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>>9291804
HEY GUYS IT ME HI
>>
File: 20170812_051851.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170812_051851.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>9292300
CANADIAN ANON
gonna kill emself
>>
>>9292309
You're only 22 though. Practically a baby. What's eating at you anon?
>>
>>9292309
lol are you running?
>>
>>9292309
also, how much money have you got?
>>
>>9292309
do some depressed walter white shit
go to a really far grocery and take off your clothes
>>
>>9292309
What happened to taking a damn cab?
>>
>>9286253
I'm just trying to cut down, I don't think I ever want to truly quit. Last time getting drunk was 2 nights ago, hoping to go all of today and tomorrow without drinking. Perhaps on Monday I'll get drunk again. I'm a happy drunk so it's not like it brings out some inherent 'evil' in me. My goal is to ultimately drink only weekly, but I think once I get enough income I'll go back to daily drinking or at least every 2 days. From about Spring 2013-Spring 2016 I was basically drinking every damn day. Likely a minimum of 340 days a year, but by 2015-16 it was definitely more like 350-360 days a year. Honestly, even though I experienced a little bit of the shakes on occasion, as well as 'delirium tremens' on several occasions, it was mostly pretty great. I enjoyed it a lot. I still enjoy the Hell out of drinking. I'm still only in my 20s however and already after a trip to the clinic a doctor is worried that it might be already affecting my health. I do realise that if I continue drinking 2-3 times a week, I probably shouldn't expect to reach 60 years old.

For now, I'm still young, and actively working on a career that I will wholeheartedly love and will give me a great life, anticipating things to come together in less than 2 years, and each successive year after that should provide continual improvement. I don't think it's beyond the realm of possibility for me to be making 6 figures a year in my 30s, and maybe even reaching millionaire status by the time I'm in my 40s. I know, sounds crazy, and maybe I'm vastly overstepping my own capabilities, but I truly believe it to be possible. I'm more optimistic for the future now than I have ever been in my life.
>>
>>9286981
I find that after 5 or 6PM, unless there's people that I can drink with whom I know I'll enjoy the company of, I consider it too late to properly enjoy drinking. Usually I start at 3 or 4. Drink fast, which gets me drunk quickly and saves money, loaded by about 6PM or so, and then ride out and enjoy the inebriation until around 9:30-10:30PM at which point I pass out. If I stay up past 11PM I'll start to sober up a little bit which leads to more drinking thus wasting money since I'll be going to bed soon at that point anyways.
>>
>>9292309
You... you're still here?
>>
>>9292309
Fucking hell lad you are only 22, you can literally change anything about your life if you really want to at this age. Might as well try before throwing yourself in front of a truck?
>>
>>9292460
I remember being suicidal in my teens, but by my 20s I was more-or-less over it. I'm very, very glad that I never managed to successfully kill myself. Would have missed out on so damn much. Permanent solution to a temporary problem, no good.
>>
>sober
>start thinking about thinking
>PANIC
>>
Going nobooze for a while just to mix things up

Last night was the first. It was a really slow, boring evening and I barely slept

How long does this effect last?
>>
>>9292524
vipassana time
>>
>>9292539
Depends on how hard you were going. For me I barely sleep for the first two to three days. I try to combat it with exhausting myself walking or biking.

Some dude lmao can also hit the spot if that's your thing.
>>
>>9292561
Not terribly hard, half a bottle to a bottle per night (wine), most of you guys probably think that's not even alcoholism but it's the thing I look forward to most every day which is kind of bad when you think about it

I already exercise to the point of near-overtraining, if I didn't I'd probably have offed myself by now. Exercise is the only thing keeping me afloat, the alcohol is just to pass the time at night
>>
File: 5BiunLD.jpg (137KB, 1080x1016px) Image search: [Google]
5BiunLD.jpg
137KB, 1080x1016px
it's my birthday in a few hours al/ck/ anons. didn't want to do anything for it because i'd rather drink by myself and sit at the computer. basically like most evenings. turning 22

cheers to...life
>>
>Temporary sobriety due to train
Cant wait to get off this thing
>>
>>9292559

Not the other anon but have you ever done the 10 days?
>>
>>9292577
Treat yourself to a nice drink that tastes good
Cheers
>>
>>9292581
already drinking beer and cheap wine so i can't drive. might get a bottle of single malt for tomorrow night. cheers
>>
>>9292580
A retreat you mean?

I have not, I'm a filthy amateur that rarely manages to get a streak going of even 10 minutes a day.

I had a time where I did an hour a day or so though and I felt pretty untouchable.
>>
>>9292569
That's relatively moderate by al/ck/ standards but would still be enough to cause some restlessness if you quit I think.

You might look into meditation as well desu.
>>
>>9292577
birthdays are meaningless. but happy birthday anyway i guess
>>
>>9292646
This.
My own father asked me if I was turning a certain age this year.
I decided to pick the same age from last year.
>>
>>9292712
Hah thats funny
I can barely even remember my age without doing some arithmetics with birth year
Sometimes theres a problem with remembering what year it is right now though
>>
>>9292719
Becoming older, I agree.
Sometimes I forget what year it is.
I get caught up running errands and having to sign dates.
I'd ask, "what year is it?"
One time someone told me, "I'd heard days or even months, but never the year lol).
>>
>>9292712
my dad forgot mine too. doesnt even matter.
>>
File: 9000_percent_lewd.gif (67KB, 230x230px) Image search: [Google]
9000_percent_lewd.gif
67KB, 230x230px
>tfw drank a bunch of booze and trying to stay awake with coffee since I have a job interview
My heart rate is through the roof
>>
>>9292646
I know... my family/friends care way more about my birthday than i do. for years i've been saying im too old for gifts
>>
>>9292745
Yea I just have a family dinner now with some of the closest relatives invited, but that's bout it.
>>
>>9292712
>>9292712
Lol, I'm 26 and my father genuinely thought I was thirty. It's cool though, he's got stage 3 colon cancer. I'll make sure to be there when he dies and laugh in his smug fucking face
>>
I love you guys i wish i could hug you im a comùplete loser but knowing some people can understand me feels so geat i know you're all good people
>>
>>9292741
LOL
>>
holy FUCK i cant believe i made it home last night
>>
>>9292387
He's getting some healthy exercise instead
>>
NEW

>>9292936
>>9292936
>>9292936
>>9292936
>>9292936
>>
>>9292892
Ah, that's probably for the best. Gotta consider your future health!
>>
File: 20161112_185715.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20161112_185715.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
So fucking sad, take a drink, get a couple drinks down, not sad anymore. Am I alchie yet guys?
>>
>>9289465
Would this work for a 5'5" drunk manlet
>>
>>9294337
Dunno. 6ft3. Try it and see I guess. Prob not a good idea to touch, but confidence, eye contact, confidence, compliments, confidence, confidence and a smile go a looooong way.
>>
>>9287458
this
>>
>>9286369
I understand this feel. I stopped playing video games for a long time because I couldn't get the energy to start them. Try playing Pokemon. They make me feel better -- like simulated friendship.
>>
>>9286253
>General
Thread posts: 310
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.