/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

al/ck/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 37

File: alc.jpg (1MB, 5126x3716px) Image search: [Google]
alc.jpg
1MB, 5126x3716px
Just kill me already edition

>tfw all my friends drink and constantly invite me to bars
>>
Pray for smirnoffbro edition lads
>>
on 3 of 6 standard pale ales after a long nights work… feels good. sleep will be good.
Sharing the good feels people!!!
>>
>>9125490
Legitimately brought a tear to my eye. Haven't cried for years.
>>
>>9125490
>>9125526

What happened to him?
>>
File: 1fb.png (273KB, 600x583px) Image search: [Google]
1fb.png
273KB, 600x583px
>>9125486
>all my friends
You don't belong in this thread, let alone the fact that you had the nerve to start one
>>
>>9125530
>>9124863
>>
>>9125536
I'm an autist in normie's clothing. I prefer the autist lifestyle by far.
>>
File: kill the demons.png (636KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
kill the demons.png
636KB, 500x500px
Just made it to a full week sober, lads!

Almost relapsed after talking to a shrink though.
>>
I have never felt so awful in my life. I can stand the wd and dts but emotionally I'm a wreck. I had a job I loved. I was the lead hand on a cousins roofing crew. Alcohol would help me put up with the stress of the job. My boss hired 2 more alcoholics this year and our combined spotty punctuation caused our boss to lose work from the general contractor. A company with the best reputation in town. My boss was the nicest and most understanding person to work for. A total bro. He didn't deserve that. He didn't care if I smelled like a brewery every morning. As long as I was there work got done and lots of it. He didnt care if i fucked up as long as i would learn from and fix my mistakes. He said he might keep me around but it would be in my best interest to look for a more full time solution.
>>
File: soco.jpg (387KB, 1494x2656px) Image search: [Google]
soco.jpg
387KB, 1494x2656px
>>9125486
on my fifth double shot of SoCo 100 proof. feels numb man. refilled the 90% empty old gramps with it. not looking forward to the blend, but maybe it'll be alright.

i'm supposed to be losing weight for an occupational fitness test this month but that booze though. :|
>>
>>9125560
good job m8, i'm proud of ya. fuck them demons right in their asshole. you are in control motherfucker.
>>
>>9125569
Cont'd
I know it's not the end of the world and I can find work elsewhere but it's important to me to have a job I enjoy if I'm going to be spending so much of my time at it. The way the weathers been this year with retarded amounts of rain I could barely make my bills. Would have helped if I tapered my habits drinking and smoking.
>>
How did you guys(american) get alcohol when you were underage and weren't social enough to get upperclassmen freidsn to buy it for you? J-just wondering.
>>
>>9125582
Thanks senpai. I mostly feel good though, although I often feel like I have no idea what to do with myself now.

I need a hobby that isn't moonshining.
>>
>>9125591

I played D&D until I was 21. I did not play it after.
>>
>>9125569
>>9125586
Isn't it a bad sign if you need booze to cope with a job you're supposed to love?
>>
>>9125591
kinda hard if you don't have friends with connections or an older sibling willing to buy for you
theres always the option of paying a nearby hobo $10 to go buy you a 30 rack
but it seems like you REALLY don't belong in this thread. go to the fucking advice board
>>
>>9125586
Cont'd here I an after vomiting up blood 3 days ago and tapering off with a 6 pack considering what to do. Way too much rain this year. A change of pace would be nice. Making less money might be a good thing
>>
>>9125591
My older brother was drinking a lot of good beer when I was a teenager ,this was before the craft beer fad and beer was way cheaper in the 90s. There would be enough belgium/german beer and cider in the fridge I never had to buy it.
>>
>>9125612
Good point to be made and I've thought about it before and I feel like it's not the stress of the job but it's stress in general.
I should seek therapy of some sort but it's stressful to think I'm going to end up homeless if I continue on the way I am.
>>
>>9125647
Quitting the sauce gets you a lot of rice and beans money.
>>
>2am
>ran out just now
>8 hours until alcohol sale starts
>>
>>9125486
Just finished cracking cold ones with a friend, just talking about personal stuff. Depressing af, but it's nice knowing someone cares.

Going to wrap up the day with whiskey, vodka and pastis, pure or in a strong blend.
>>
What's some good <$20 vodka?
>>
>>9125537
>smirnoffbro going cold turkey
>after repeated advice across months to not do so

welp
>>
>>9125768
russky standart
>>
>>9125698
You're right. Everyone's right. Some ads hole Nicaraguan I worked for told me booze takes the lead out of your pencil and my dad told me it makes you more willing yet less able. I guess I should just look for a less stressful job even though it's less pay. It's clear that I'm either gonna need therapy and a prescription or end up dying from liver failure.
>>
>>9125599
High dubs checked you silly mofo.

Try browsing other boards and finding something you like? Maybe play some groundbreaking vidya like ES3 Morrowind? Get mad about politics? Read /lit/. I believe in you anon.
>>
I wish I could be an alcoholic. I love the buzz. But even the smallest amount of alcohol seems to give me gnarly hangovers.
>>
File: IMG_0453.jpg (130KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0453.jpg
130KB, 600x800px
>>9125486
If they do this yet won't help you deal with the aftermath, they're not real friends or they're clueless.

>>9125734
You niggas need to start homebrewing cider for when you're hard up like that. Like, gallons and gallons at a time. If you're in the US and broke, you can get the juice, sugar, and yeast with EBT. I was making nine bucks an hour at the height of my drinking and never in a dry bind. You couldn't even walk in my laundry room for all the jugs.
>>
>>9125768
Not sure if you can get this where you are but green mark isn't too bad for under 20 here
>>
Just moved in with a friend, probably he knows im quite a drinker. Third day living here and i bought booze. Havent touched it yet. But i dont want him to know im such a fucking alcoholic loser. Hiding my drinking, im a fucking mess mentally

cheers everyone
>>
>>9125863
No you don't. Most people who enjoy drinking would love to be able to do it all the time without consequence. But sadly most of us al/ck/s have to quit eventually due to financial ruin, health taking a dive, etc. I'm no AAfag, I do acknowledge that there are some alcoholics who can go on drinking and live full lives, maybe even eventually control their intake, but they're a lucky few. I'm sure as fuck not one of them.
>>
>>9125486

>invited to bars
>have friends

normie get the fug out
>>
>>9126104
fu
>>
>>9126122

love you too babe
>>
>>9126134
:*
>>
>>9125768
UV is my go to. Distilled 4 or 5 times, and about 21 dollars for a half gallon jug.
Never a hangover or craziness. Just clean liquor

Also, I'm in Utah so it's probably like $12 dollars for the same amount anywhere else
>>
File: ADInCountryClub.jpg (278KB, 563x653px) Image search: [Google]
ADInCountryClub.jpg
278KB, 563x653px
>Go through a terrible 36 hour withdrawal
>Try nursing beers just to feel right again
>Wake up this morning, feel just fine
>Drink 8 pounders in 5 hours

Why do I never learn from my mistakes? I'm just gonna get sick again
>>
I can only afford to get pissed once a week now. Poverty is preventing me from destroying my organs.
>>
>>9126191
there's always sköl
>>
>>9126168
Read about kindling and scare yourself straight.
>>
>>9126225
Don't have that in my country. I already buy the cheapest abv.
>>
File: IMG_2054.jpg (1005KB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2054.jpg
1005KB, 2592x1936px
Current poison of choice. Only the second time I've drank Jim Beam. Better than white label, at least. That tasted like total shit.
>>
had a half jeltzin now, feeling human and sweating as shite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_r0n9Dv6XnY
>>
File: IMG_0496.png (369KB, 583x584px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0496.png
369KB, 583x584px
>>9126242
I didn't believe it was real until it actually happened to me since it's technically not proven.

Let me tell you, there's nothing quite like obsessing over trying to find a way to reverse it all the while making it worse. Now, I can literally be legally drunk but already withdrawing. Drinking card officially revoked.
>>
>>9125591
Homeless guys
>>
>>9126242
>kindling
>>9126326

Holy fuck, i'm only 25 and this is happening to me. Time to quit I Guess
>>
>>9126242
>>9126326
>>9126376
I need to hear these stories cause I'm in the tipping point...... my boss just told me I'm able to come back but this is the last chance. I've done nothing but try to get back in better shape but I know that if I don't stop trying to supress my depression I'll end up making the same mistakes.... these stories help me feel. I want to get better.
>>
>>9125855
Yeah, getting back into reading now I can remember what I've read again is a good idea.

Clearheadedness feels pretty luxurious now desu
>>
Never mind. Just read the whole article twice. Everything makes sense now. Put everything in perspective. I will be doing everything I can to stay away from alcohol. Thank you everyone. I will will never forget this
>>
>>9126168
Look into alcoholism medication. There's no lesson to be learned. Its brain chemistry.
>>
>>9126843
Good luck m8. Don't forget to taper gently though.
>>
Oh my god schizophrenia. Fuck it's too late. I know it is. I just want this wild ride to end.
>>
File: 1497026127694.png (36KB, 489x423px) Image search: [Google]
1497026127694.png
36KB, 489x423px
>>9126698
You're never getting better.... Just like us.
>>
22 days sober for me. If I fail another alcohol test, my probation officer said I'll go to jail, yet, there have still been several time when I have become incredibly tempted. My work is right next to a liquor store, and my breaks and lunches are pretty brutal as far as cravings go. If the threat of jail can hardly scare me into abstaining, I'm not really sure if I'm in the right mindset for long term sobriety. I hate being an alcohol.
>>
File: 1473830189710.jpg (379KB, 1088x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1473830189710.jpg
379KB, 1088x1600px
>>9127359
Jail isn't so bad you know.... It's like high school really. I don't know.
>>
The shit we sometimes have to drink to get drunk...
>>
>>9127470
vanilla extract...
>>
>>9127480
Drunk the peppermint essence once. 97% alcohol.
>>
>>9126909
It's never too late.

>>9127359
Death itself fails to scare us, and we've seen the grim reaper from pretty close. Jail threat is a joke.
Don't rely on these kind of threats for your sobriety.
>>
its bad guys
uit real bad
>>
Listening to the sound of music musical right now.
Very good tunes when doing sudokus.
>>
File: C9aLgu9XcAEkd80.jpg (64KB, 1080x781px) Image search: [Google]
C9aLgu9XcAEkd80.jpg
64KB, 1080x781px
>>9127503
how was it?
>>
>>9125772
I'm pretty sure he wants to die, even if he went to the hospital he's fucked himself up so badly I doubt he'd have that much time left even with proper treatment.
>>
After sleeping for 3 hours and having a vivid dream about having a pet alpaca viciously clawing at me I have woken up to the shakes and I've throwing up. Any tips to help me make It through work today?
>>
File: trump.jpg (45KB, 546x528px) Image search: [Google]
trump.jpg
45KB, 546x528px
>trying to do july sober
>keep getting jerked around by uni administration
>only hobbies are getting fucked up and homemade cider
>27 days left
f-feels great ...
>>
File: 1329493593172.jpg (22KB, 272x245px) Image search: [Google]
1329493593172.jpg
22KB, 272x245px
Broke 6 months of sobriety and currently on day 3 of my bender. Feels like shit man
>>
I'm a functioning alcoholic, or at least I used to until I lost my job. Drank so hard, couldn't even get drunk anymore, I started to have massive body pain, confusion, couldn't swallow anything including booze, so quickly came withdrawals, then they turned into delirium tremens, so I stayed at a hospital, for the first 3 days I was a wreck, spent most of the time in bed.

I went back to the hospital 2 times, relapsed and I simply couldn't stop drinking because whenever I did, terrible anxiety came and heartbeat off the charts.

I am after my third time from the hospital, and I am on my 3rd month sober. It's pretty easy, and i take meds to help me sleep, and to my surprise, unlike the last 2 times, I feel good. I will at some point attempt to slowly get back to drinking, and if it ends like the last time, then I'll never drink again ever, I hope.
>>
>>9127783
First 3 or 4 months are the easiest. Depression starts to hit around 5 or 6. Good luck bro, it aint easy but is worth it
>>
I don't wan't to get drunk I only wan't to drink beer!
>>
>>9127783
>I will at some point attempt to slowly get back to drinking, and if it ends like the last time, then I'll never drink again ever, I hope.
Third time's the charm, anon, not fourth.

Also, withdrawals will be worse each time you quit.
>>
Alcoholics are a fucking scourge of the land. I put you fucks in the same basket with tweakers and junkies, and secretly hope another Hitler would come along to rid us of your degenerate ways. Throwing away not only your life but destroying your family and friends along the way!
>>
>>9127692
>Any tips to help me make It through work today?
Yep.
Kill yourself.
>>
>>9127783
>I will at some point attempt to slowly get back to drinking,
HAHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHHAAHHA. Good fucking luck, retard. In case you haven't figured it out yet, you can't drink like a normal person, so just don't. Stay sober while you're ahead. But hey, no one listens to anyone else and you'll have to figure it out when you end up in the hospital however many more times, losing jobs, relationships, your own sanity, etc...
>>
>>9127797
I don't think i'm at risk of depression, I'm doing really fine lately. Positive, energetic etc.
>>9127815
In my case, the first withdrawals were the worst, by a huge margin, the 2 other times weren't as severe.
>>9127895
I'm naively hoping that my tolerance, as some people claim, will lower itself a bit. If that happens, I am willing to drink even once a month. Before landing in the hospital, second and third time, I took breaks between drinking, for 2-4 days.
>>
>>9127828
>
You see, in my case I didn't know there were such consequences to drinking, and that there were withdrawals, I was oblivious to such facts, general view here was (I'm Polish) drugs are bad, duh, and since here so many people drink alco, then so can I, I supposed.
>>
File: 6lYp6mwX.jpg (28KB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
6lYp6mwX.jpg
28KB, 350x197px
>going out in clubs and bars with friends
>always get drunk from just two beers, feel woozy and fall asleep as soon as I hit home
>decide to get one of those lemon beers with half the alcohol
>"is this a joke?"
>"lol dude if you had that when we came in you would've gotten inside for free"
>"cmon man don't you have balls or something?

What are some manly peer-approved drinks that don't get you drunk fast?
>>
>>9127968
Don't conform to the damaging manly stereotype.

Just drink whatever you like in moderation and be confident.
>>
>only drank one bottle of wine last night
gonna make it bros
>>
>>9127968
Water.
>>
Why the fuck does my chest hirt
It didnt hurt before i started drinking today
I cant even breathe in deeply without it hurting
>>
File: roid.png (30KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
roid.png
30KB, 650x650px
>>9125486
>all my friends
stop posting
>>
>>9127968
Irish and British stouts. American ones tend to the HURR MANLY ROCKET FUEL end of things, but a good pint of Guinness is the same ABV as a Coors Light.

Speaking of ~manly rocket fuel~, just bought my first bottle of Graves. What do I do with it other than using smaller bottles for my homemade schnapps and fortifying my vodka when it isn't quite enough?
>>
>>9127968
You dun goofed, switching beverages to cave to their demands will show them how weak you are. Drink that lemon piss and tell them to go gargle walrus balls.
>>
>>9125574
drink vodka and soda with lime dipshit
>>
>>9125591
i used to buy it myself.
put on a hoodie and hat then walk right up to
the counter like it was any other purchase.

did that starting around 13yrs old.
sometimes you'd get questioned but most of the time it'd
work.
>>
>>9127541
Obviously it's bad.
Be strong Anon. You can make it.

>>9127968
>Be an alcoholic
>Don't want to face truth, so claim I drink as much as everybody
>Someone drinks lighter beers and makes me look bad
>Better call him a faggot.
>I'M A MANLY MAN, NOT A DRUNK.
Tell your friends real men suck cocks #nohomo.
Real men drink whatever they want without conforming to whatever idiots tell them to do.
>>
>>9125486
hello friends
im feelingso very empty today. a hollow shell of darkness.
how is everyone else?
>>
>>9128361
lonely senpai
>>
No friends 330ml of hard liquor every night for the last 4 years.
Can't wait to die.
>>
>be me
>be an al/ck/ too poor and too respectful of my gf's wishes to drink as much as i'd like
>worry about my weekly day of drinking
>read about kindling in fear of what i might have done to myself over the years
>realise i've never truly had withdrawal, just a few strong hangovers
>never truly met the criteria for "binge drinking" more than 2-3 times in my life either

sweet
>>
How much on average do you drink per day?
>>
>>9128637

A fifth of liqour
>>
>>9128621
never more? it seems at 4 years your tolerance would make 330ml a lot less than it used to be.
>>
>>9128659
It kinda has ill occasionally get some beer to top it off or just chug it right before bed.
Doesn't really fuck me up as much as it used to.

Can't buy a full bottle though because I would end up drinking the entire thing in one night even if I didn't want to.
>>
File: images.jpg (9KB, 276x183px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 276x183px
My dad does not enjoy cold beer, instead of leaving it outside he will keep it in fridge then proceed to let beer bottle sit on open flame to warm it up. What are the chances it explodes with glass shards flying everywhere fucking him up?
>>
The kindling is real, fellow anons. I have been through withdrawal about 20 times, the last time suddenly slipping into delirium tremens. I'll greentext a bit.
>be me 21
>can buy alcohol whenever I want, yay (was already an alcoholic before this, but not as bad as I became)
>begin drinking all day every day
>nearing a fifth a day for about 6 months
>decide to stop, never even heard about withdrawal at the time
>sitting in room just playing some games, without drinking for first time in 6 months
>heart beating very fast, paranoia
>blurry vision, hands shaky and begin to cramp
>suddenly realize this is because I need a drink
>drink and immediately feel better, but realize I am at the point where it is no longer fun
>continue to drink and attempt to stop, go through withdrawal quite like the one I just explained, except increasingly worse (throwing up, panic attacks, mild hallucinations, face twitches, etc..)

I'll continue with the story of my latest withdrawal and dts when I get on my next break from work if anyone cares to hear.
>>
>>9128769
Drink less and smoke weed
>>
>>9128776
I'm actually nearing 8 months sober of everything now, but thanks for the advice!
>>
File: 20170704_145051.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170704_145051.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>get 9 days PTO
>tfw been in a vodka and liquid alprazolam binge for a solid week
>blacked out 3 nights
>woke up today thinking it was the 1st
>have to work tomorrow but already starting to shake and sweat from not drinking yet today or taking any xanax

At least I've been mixing water with the vodka
>>
covered in puke drinking olde English watching documentaries

I hate life.
>>
>>9128832
Watch 'high on alcohol'
>>
>just quit smoking weed a few days ago
>trying to replace it to a degree with alcohol, especially since its the 4th
>get 2 6-packs of pic related
>get enough vodka and red bull to make a 5 gallon vodka red bull
>everyone is bailing on our plans
What the fuck. I never drink alone but I think I'm going to start.
>>
>>9127828
Hitler was a tweaker.
>>
>>9128848
>high on alcohol

That guy who was drinking a handle a day of vodka died after 3 days in the rehab place

I thought they'd give him benzos or something for the withdrawal, or at least some clinical vodka or something

That was sad
>>
File: Hitler tweaking.webm (2MB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Hitler tweaking.webm
2MB, 500x375px
>>9128859
he would also get the shakes from time to time
>>
>>9128873
>a handle a day
I thought he was drinking 'only' two pints a day. Anyway he was far gone, going to that clinic was probably the worst thing he could have done.
>>
realistically, am i doing any long term damage to myself by doing the following

>work out daily
>eat right through the day
>drink lots of coffee, water
>5 pm hits
>start light drinking, a beer or two with dinner
>10 pm hits
>drink more heavily, 2-3 strong mixed drinks
>Go to bed

I feel this is sustainable and doesn't lead me to drink more excessively. My family has zero history of abuse. What sort of damage am I doing to my liver? My family has always been drinkers.
>>
File: ClRVPZ-UkAQ3WBe.jpg (120KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
ClRVPZ-UkAQ3WBe.jpg
120KB, 1024x1024px
5 months sober

finally past the post acute withdrawal symptoms

5 months ago I was yellow and in the ICU with a 25% chance of dying at the age of 23. I am still partially disabled from nutrient deficiency induced neuropathy

help yourself please, I used to browse these threads daily and I know you don't want to hear it but a medical detox and rehab will really help you. Your work can't fire you for medical leave and insurance pays for a free month vacation that will help save your life.
>>
>>9128883
Louis Theroux tier drinking m8, you'll be fine
>>
>>9128883
You honestly should be fine if you just keep at the same level.
I think it would be some kind of freak health accident if that ended up hurting you badly. Just remember that tolerance is real and if you see your patterns starting to ramp up, try to stop as soon as possible.
>>
>>9128877
My bad, he was drinking 3 pints a day on average, or 1.5L

In the video though, you can see him swigging on a handle (1.75L)
>>
>>9127919
Binging and quitting over and over again likely leads to more brain damage than consistent alcoholism.
>>
>>9128894
I see, well your estimate is closer to the truth than mine.

I still want to punch his stupid smug brother in the face every time I think of him.
>>
>>9128902
His brother seemed like one of those straight edge, religious types that think you can cure a disease through prayer and gumption.

Theres no reason to let a guy that far into the bottle suffer withdrawal

The people I really wanna punch are whoever was running that rehab, because even though his life was a shitshow, at least with the bottle he was ALIVE
>>
I'm not gonna say I've been 5 years sober because I've had my benders and I drink daily, but lets say I'm 5 years not addicted.
Why do I still get the shooting pains in my joints when I drink?
>>
>>9128997
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcoholic_polyneuropathy
>>
I work in a supermarket and I've been 23 days sober. No cravings. Today I was tidying up the store a bit and found a bottle of cactus jacks and I had the biggest urge I've ever had to drink alcohol. It was fucking horrible.
>>
Hello, /ck/.
I'm writing a story about a very rich character who smokes extremely expensive cigars and drinks appropriately expensive and fine alcohol. What would be the most fitting (fictional) alcohol to pair with a cigar like this, in value and palate?

>A blend of 10th century Mayan, 1907 Dominican, 1903 Cameroonian and 1834 Cuban tobacco, rolled into a cigar one inch in diameter and six in length, and infused with 1715 French cognac, aged Ecuadorian dark chocolate and Vietnamese coffee before aging for another 90 years and sold in a featureless, all-wooden Spanish Cedar box of 12 cigars for $6420000.
>>
>>9128873
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2015/05/ryan-rogers-rehab-alcoholic-drugged/

He died from malpractice.
>>
>>9129053
>$6420000
nice meme amount
>>
>>9129053
>infused tobacco
>expensive
>>
>>9129053
>infused cigars
Those do exist, and they are the cigar equivalent of hazelnut-flavored coffee. Pig disgusting and nobody who actually gives a shit about cigars would even think about smoking one.

So to answer your question, probably Hpnotiq or Sailor Jerry, or something along those lines. You can make up an arbitrarily high price for your story. This combined with the cigar description will signal to the reader that the author doesn't know anything about smoking or drinking and is probably underaged.
>>
>>9125486
quit being a bitch and have some willpower dam it
>>
>>9127669
You are correct anon. I need to end all of this. It's too much. Can't go on.
>>
Hm. Ladies and gentlemen I fucking adore these threads, but for the first time ever I find myself in a position where my eyes sting and I vomit so much if I attempt to read, that I will now have to leave. I love all of you, butt it's time for me to go.
Not scared. Even a little excited.
Goodbye.
Please get better xxx
>>
>>9129206
Give us an update boyim
>>
>>9129265
may you find your peace, m8.
>>
>>9129265
Smirnoffbro?
>>
>>9128623
So, you're not an alkie? Congratulations I guess.

>>9128851
Good. You'll go back to weed to stop boozing. Or opiates.
Or you could find a way to deal with your life without products that build up tolerance.

>>9128873
The doc killed him with opiates on top benzos. The clinic closed.

>>9128997
Because you're an alcoholic who drink daily?

>>9128883
It's a lot compared to normies, it still increase risks of health problems. And you can easily slip. But it won't kill you as hard as some of us.
>>
>>9129265
Goodbye bro. It's been an pleasure to lurk these threads with you.
>>
>>9128997
iktf, i'm not gonna say i've been 5 years clean because I've had bouts of shooting up heroin multiple times a day for weeks and i shoot up heroin daily, but lets say I'm 5 years not addicted.
>>
>>9128769
tell me more when you're on break anon. also how'd you become an alcoholic before you were 21?
>>
>>9128731
>people like this actually spread their genes

at least tell him to go au bain marie or something
>>
I can't get drunk anymore on beer. I can't drink it fast enough for my tolerance
>>
>>9129414
That's what's great about beer, it has a speed limit built in.

Now taper while you can.
>>
>>9128731
if a glass bottle, high.

a can probably wont send shards
>>
I'm 8 days sober and I generally feel fine but sometimes I feel like I'm suddenly getting mild withdrawals again (a bit jittery, shaky, tingling forearms and a bit of soreness).

Are these just aftershocks or something?
>>
If anyone is from Minnesota I can sell unopen legit bottles of liquor too you for cheaper than what you'd but from the store. Usually it's the mid tier Liqour like Jose and Johnnie Walker black.
>>
>>9125486
Be thankful someone invites you somewhere. Some people never get invited anywhere.
>>
>>9129463
Depending on how much/how long you were drinking it can take months, or in some cases years, for your brain to re-wire itself. I got withdrawal-like anxiety on and off for 4 or 5 months after stopping
>>
>>9129265
love you too anon
>>
What's y'all favourite drink? Gin and OJ for me. gonna pick up some baileys and try with coffee. Any experience? an alcohols back to withdrawals
>>
why doesn't drinking make me feel as good anymore? i've only been drinking for a month.
>>
>>9127782
Stop that, anon
>>
>>9129754
Brains love stability so when you keep drugging it it will try to counter the sedation and normalise itself.

Your body wants to be sober.
>>
>>9129549
Thanks for responding, I guess I'll have to adjust my timeframe expectations.
>>
>>9129463
You're barely out of withdrawals. Count a month before feeling kinda good, a year before being normie.

Good luck.
>>
>>9125612

i found that the progression was i did a job i loved
then i loved the job and drinking with work collegues after it
then just the drinking after with collegues
then just drinking
>>
>>9129985
Thanks senpai.
>>
>>9129331
I didn't stop smoking weed because it was bad for me, I stopped to get an actual full-time job. I'm done fucking around with kid shit, I have to get my life together. I'm 23 (24 in 10 days) and I have nothing to show for my life. My brother, my only sibling took his own life about a year ago and I've been on hold since then. I have to do something.
>>
>>9129414

Beer is so weird. It's become undrinkable for me. Now when I have 1 or 2, it gives my bad headaches and anxiety. I can still drink rum/liquor fine though. It's like I've almost become allergic to beer.
>>
>>9129163
Kill yourself
>>
>>9129472
Where in mn?
>>
>>9130162
Yeah, I also sometimes get weird heart burn now when I drink beer, and they don't taste the same anymore as they used to. Shit's fucked since I really liked beer
>>
Why do I keep doing this to myself
>>
File: 1499219873197.jpg (35KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1499219873197.jpg
35KB, 640x480px
>>9125823
get a less paying job or get a hobby that would use up the money you use for liquor... hopefully it is kind of good advice
>>
It's almost 11:00 here in Southern California and I'm at a party that's just gone dry. I'm gonna go on a booze run and I'm looking to expand my beer palate. Always been a hard liquor drinker and nobody fucking sells Coors Banquet out here.

What do my fellow degenerates recommend?
>>
>>9130765
Amber ale, stouts, real ciders,
>>
File: 1499224565206.jpg (48KB, 664x749px) Image search: [Google]
1499224565206.jpg
48KB, 664x749px
>>9130765
be that one pussy and bring wine coolers
>>
>>9130786

Newcastle Brown ale, bass ale, dos equis Amber ale. Apple or pear cider. Pick a variety of stout.
>>
>>9129053
A Swisher Sweet, wine flavoured of course. Complete with a fine wood tip often bitten during contemplation in front of a crackling fireplace. A glass of Hennessy, aged 24 years, the same age as the young woman who has recently caught his fancy.
>>
How the fuck do people taper? Every time I feel any hint of a buzz, I'm straight out the door to get trashed
>>
>>9131335

they don't, tapering is horrible advice and most alcoholics will never be able to do it

if you want to 'taper' you need to switch to benzos and taper from those instead
>>
>>9131335
In order for change to happen fear of the status quo must be greater than fear of change.

For me the racing heart (and I mean full on, sprinting up hills tier racing while laying completely still in bed) whenever I was a few hours after the last drink was what really scared me into cleaning my shit up.

It's one thing to be 'conceptually' suicidal but when you feel your body going to hell all sorts of healthy instincts kick in. At least for me.
>>
>>9131482
I should add that I was only on a fifth a day though, so not as seriously deep into it as some/a lot of the people here.
>>
>>9131486

'only' a fifth a day? o_o
>>
>>9131498
People can get a lot worse than that.

My taper trick was use a little 200ml bottle for rationing. I don't know why but that really helped keeping the pace. That and switching to beer at some point.
>>
File: 20170701_214906.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170701_214906.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>>9131503
I broke a long a period of sobriety and woke up in the the hospital 11 days later. I nearly died.

I'm still in the fucking hospital and i feel like a complete idiot. If anyone here is thinkinking about returning to drinking after stopping please please do not do it
>>
File: 5372.jpg (143KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
5372.jpg
143KB, 1000x667px
>>9131554
I will presumably be in hospital soon. Things are bad here.
Feel better, dude. Once we're out of WD I hope you and I both can stay the hell away from the vile poison.
>>
>Go to sleep hoping the chest pain will go away
>It didn't
>Now my arm hurts when I move it in some way

Fucks sake
>>
>>9131562
Acute physical withdrawal normally lasts about 7 to 10 days. I'm well past that now. Now I have to to re-learn how to walk, bathe myself, use the toilet, eat, shave, etc....

My skin is Homer Simpson yellow ,my kidneys are fucked
>>
>>9131635
Oh bro I know, I've more than a little experience with withdrawal. It's proper hell, but I assume you had benzos if you're in hosp. Hope they helped you a bit.
They don't help me because I'm addicted to Valium as well as alcohol. Been on them for... I don't know, 15 years or something. I'm so fucking scared of what awaits me. Trying to get a Doc to arrange for care in the community; a nurse visiting daily for 2 weeks to make sure I'm alive and fill me with meds. If not, I'm going to the fucking hospital I suppose. Noise, bright lights, people fucking dying in the night like 5 feet away from me, absolutely zero chance of sleep for the duration, terrible food, no pc/phone allowed, not even tv or radio. god I loathe being there, but it's that or I will not live to see 2018.
Fucking hell my liver hurts so fucking much. Fuck.
>>
>>9125486
Can you live a full life and expect an average life expectancy if you get a liver transplant and the transplant is a success.
>>
>>9126168
How much do you have to be drinking daily to get withdrawl? I drink about two pints of liquor a day and cans top and I don't feel bad at all. I must just be a psychological alcoholic and not a physical one.
>>
>>9131669
Seems a bit unlikely. Being chopped apart that extensively is non trivial, plus the rest of your body is gonna be rekt if you got to the point of needing a transplant, and you'll need immunosuppressant mess for life iirc. Plus docs are reluctant to give transplants to alchies, typically you'll be low priority even if you've maintained sobriety for years. It's all a little bleak I think.
>>
>>9131681
Some people are just lucky I guess. Early stage alchies don't always get severe WD, but once you start getting them they rapidly get massively worse.
>>
>>9125486
I wish marijuana was fucking legal in my state. The reason I drink is because I have bad OCD and anxiety, my brain is just wired fucking wrong. I've tried xanax and such and they help but I'm still in a constant state of worry. alcohol is the only thing that seems to truly help. If pot was legal I could just switch over to that and not be playing russian roulette with my health. I know some people can drink themselves illy and live long lives and others end up in the ground, it's a risky game.

I just want my mental illness to go the fuck away.
>>
>>9131687
How much are people drinking here on a day who are getting Withdrawl? I come from a long line of alchies so maybe my genetics help to keep me going?
>>
>>9131695
Id never drink again if weed was legal here. I'm basically paying alcohol lobbyists to kill me.
>>
>>9125486
Why is it that some people can drink like fishes but live to be 90, and others get cirrhosis in their 50's and end up dying because they can't stop drinking or they can't find a liver replacement?

Are most of you alchies drinking from morning to night, like constantly having a buzz?
>>
If I'm awake, I make a constant moaning sound without realising I'm doing it. Everything hurts. If I'm asleep, neighbors bang on the walls because I'm screaming. Great fun.
>>
>>9131717
If I'm conscious I'm drinking, literally always.
>>
>>9131717
Oh and can the liver heal after being damaged and whats a good age to drastically slow down or stop drinking. I'm thirty and have been drinking daily since about 20 or so. I want to have all the fun I can without doing too much damage, or at least damage that cannot be fixed.
>>
>>9125537
jesus, hope he comes out of this alright. That pic of 17 empty bottles is pretty scary shit. How much does he drink a day?
>>
>>9131719
I'm sorry I laughed, I was just picturing what your neighbors would be thinking without knowing whats going on. Random screaming in the night. I would be so confused, like is their some domestic dispute going on over there?

You could always tell your neighbors it's not you and that your place is haunted and it's some unknown ghost screaming, and that it disturbs you too and that you've been trying to get a priest to exercise the place.
>>
>>9131727
5 bottles of smirnoff a day
>>
>>9131735
smirnoff the liquor or smirnoff the beer?
>>
>>9131746
vodka
>>
>>9131746

Yeah he drinks 5 smirnoff ices a day, the absolute maniac, no clue how he's still alive.
>>
>>9131735
Fucking hell, how can anyone actually survive drinking that much? At my very worst I was a 70cl of whisky / gin / whatever a day and was feeling genuinely unwell all the time. Can't imagine 5.
>>
File: 1497228493644.jpg (552KB, 1858x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1497228493644.jpg
552KB, 1858x1200px
I'm on day 4 on about a 7 day bender things are looking up anons sending love to all you faggots
>>
Stupid mystery bruises and cuts, where the hell do they all come from?
>>
>>9131799
I always get mystery bruises on my legs, I must walk in to things when I black out
>>
>>9131780
I don't know either, I think I recall him saying he was at it for over 25 years too.

Hope you're alright Smirnoffbro ;_;7
>>
>>9131700
Dude if you keep drinking you will one day get them, every devoted alchie does.
Jesus, I wish I was in your position. WDs are truly from Satan
>>
>>9131771
top kek
>>
i've become obsessed with the idea of my drinking causing cancer. is this a meme risk? i drink a good amount and blackout every other night. am i gonna get cancer and die
>>
>>9131883
everybody's gonna die, sonny jim
Think about all the 2 year old children that die everyday from shitty illness and enjoy life while yo can.
Saying that, ease up on the booze because it will kill you before your time.
>>
>>9131883
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19444911

Even just putting liquor in your mouth and spitting it out increases cancer risk.
>>
>>9131886
>everybody's gonna die, sonny jim
This is true, but some people live a healthy life well into their 90s and die in their sleep without any complications beforehand and some people get into decades of pain and sickness and chemo and oxygen masks and weelchairs from middle age on out before they finally get put under.

Unhealthy lifestyles don't just chip off a few years without any other consequences. The worst thing is what they do to quality of life.
>>
File: 1497713223899.gif (875KB, 178x195px) Image search: [Google]
1497713223899.gif
875KB, 178x195px
>>9131791
You plan how long your benders are going to be? You even plan having one in the first place?
>>
>>9131892

this is bullshit, what about mouthwash?
>>
>>9131918
>Salivary acetaldehyde increase due to alcohol-containing mouthwash use: a risk factor for oral cancer.
>>
>>9131928

people have been using mouthwash with alcohol for over 100 years yet oral cancers cause has always been primarily smoking
>>
>>9131940
ur mom gave me oral cancer lol
>>
>>9131918

That does indeed raise your cancer risk too. But here's the deal: people read "such and such raises cancer risk", which sounds scary, but it's meaningless without discussing the magnitude of that risk.

If the chance of getting cancer goes from 0.0001% to 0.0002%, who cares? You might make it sound extra scary by saying "doubles the risk", but if the base risk is low enough then it doesn't mean squat.
>>
>>9131946
damn...
>>
>>9131719
I get the random moaning. I only scream at night occasionally though.
>>
>>9131940
Smoking and dipping and chewing tobacco are the worst but alcohol also contributes.

Mouthwash is bullshit anyway, just clean your teeth properly.
>>
>>9131951
That's a good point. Regardless of the mouth wash question though, swilling liquor has been linked to mouth, throat and esophageal cancer for a long time, especially if combined with tobacco.

Ethanol being carcinogenic is beyond debate.

If anon blacks out every other night he should be worrying about his brain and liver and kidneys and such well before cancer though.
>>
>>9131965
Stop bullying ethanol. She always treats me right and only hurts me when I deserve it.
>>
>>9131978
>only hurts me when I deserve it.
Me as well, which is pretty much always.

Trying to break up with her desu.
>>
File: 1497810978179.png (178KB, 500x689px) Image search: [Google]
1497810978179.png
178KB, 500x689px
>have two pints of pure vanilla extract

>>9131951

Also, there's the whole correlation and causation thing, not to mention literally going outside, using a cellphone, having flourescent lights, breathing pollution, eating meat off a grill, can all cause cancer. Simply existing can cause cancer because it can be a molecular diceroll.
>>
>>9131997
Simply existing causes death but that doesn't necessarily mean that you might as well take no precautions to delay it.
>>
File: ANGLO SAXONS.jpg (91KB, 770x551px) Image search: [Google]
ANGLO SAXONS.jpg
91KB, 770x551px
>>9131903
No just by feeling, im on my 4th day so my stomach has not yet turned on me but I bet by thee 6th day it will and I'll get sick and carry on to the 7'th then drink sips to lessen the effects for a few weeks then go sober for a few weeks. Been through this a number of times.

Problem?
>>
File: yjt.jpg (37KB, 600x468px) Image search: [Google]
yjt.jpg
37KB, 600x468px
>tfw trying to trim a beard when shaking like mad
I'm gonna fucking lose a lip, but I have to get rid of some of the damn thing, been putting it off for weeks
>>
>>9125486
i've been 3 weeks sober now and i am still having a hard time disassociating cooking and drinking. every evening i'd pound 3 or 4 high ABV beers while making dinner and drink a few more before going to bed. now that i've been cooking without a beer in hand, it just feels strange, even after three weeks. i do not keep any beer in the house, so i haven't cracked yet, but the temptation has been very strong some days. how long will it take for this association to go away so that i can fully enjoy sober cooking? or did i only enjoy cooking before because i was getting hammered?
>>
>>9132171

replace it with something. i used club soda. the feeling of cracking a can plus the carbonation helped ease myself out of it
>>
>>9125486
Need it for anxiety. It's either booze or Xanax, and I know I can quit booze. Done it before plenty of times.
>>
>>9132171
get used to it. being sober is boring as fuck.
>>
I'm drunk as fuck at 2pm and im going to write an unsent letter. Fuck you.

Dear you,
I love you, I really do. All our plans, I hope to God they come to fruition. We talk of your feelings, but never mine. Everything hurts. I don't live for myself anymore. I live for our plans. If it doesn't pan out, I'm ending this shit. I'm so fucking done. I'm so fucking lonley. Im done being alone. It all hurts, im so sorry if you attribute any of this to you.

I love you.
>>
>>9132236
Never do stuff like this when drunk, anon. Don't send it until you're sober
>>
>>9132236
I translated:
>me me me me waaaaah me
>>
>>9132236
>don't live for myself anymore.

But this whole thing you wrote is all about you. I don't (x) I (y) (I'm) z etc etc.

It's all about you.
>>
>>9132251
I'm never sending this shit. Just needed to write it out
>>
>>9132264
>>>9132236
Well yeah. What's wrong about writing about yourself? If you need to be self centred for a bit to get shit off your chest, who cares?
>>
>>9132177
This actually helps, strangely enough.

I do sparkly water with lemon flavour.
>>
>>9132277
>who cares?
The target of your note.
>>
I've been a heavy drinker for years and about three years ago I started pissing myself when I sleep when I get really drunk.

I just did it again last Thursday and literally last night, and I didnt even think I drank that much.

Do any anons have any tips besides just go before you pass out?

also inb4 stop drinking so much.
>>
>>9132329
That's just the warmup to when you start pissing blood. Then the real fun starts.
>>
>>9132337
W-w-what.
>>
>>9132338
He's right. I piss, shit and puke blood, I've recently started bleeding from my nose and eyes too.
I think it's lack of food which does it. I loathe eating so much that sometimes its uncomfortable just seeing images of food.
>>
>>9132348
Thats pretty fucked anon.
>>
>>9132351
Guess drinking poison every day isn't good for you
>>
I'm more concerned about Nephritis that anything else. I think I've murdered my kidneys. I need to drink 3 liters of water to keep my back from aching.
>>
>>9132363
At least you can survive with just one kidney. You'll never be able to drink again, but if one develops a tumour (which may well happen to me, there's been trace amounts of blood detected in every piss test I've had for like a decade and a half) it isn't necessarily a death sentence.
>>
>>9127692
Drink a beer every couple hours.
>>
>>9127782
If You did 6 months you can put together another stretch of clean time. Don't beat yourself up.
>>
>>9127692
Your name appears to contradict your needing to worry about work...

But yeah it's horrible waking to that shit. The anxiety comes next in my experience, then the fever and... no. I'll hit the character limit.
Smuggle spirits into work. Sip when it becomes unbearable
>>
>>9127692
I had vicious night terrors to the point that one time I took a half sleeping header down a flight of stairs next to my bedroom trying to get away from the nightmare. Broke my wrist in 2 places and 3 fingers.
I don't drink like I used to anymore.
>>
Wish we could all meet up like, uh, Alcoholics Anonymous Anonymous. AA is shit compared with AAA. I'd feel a lot better with people around who understand this fucking nightmare. Nobody in my family gets it, pretty sure they hate me, and friends simply hang up if I try to call. Became so unhappy about it all last year that I began hanging out with legit hobos. The only people who could relate to this level of addiction. Only stopped associating with them because I got so sick of heroin, crack and being fucking stabbed by them. Three fucking times I got knifed. Plus alll manner of other insane shit. Even that world was in some ways comforting.
>>
Anyone ever get the sweats, pass out, and shit your pants?
That's when I stopped drinking.
>>
>>9132520
I'd probably end up just stabbing you 2bh
>>
>>9132520
What is AAA in regards to recovery? I can only find Roadside Assistance googling it.

I tried AA for about 9 months and worked the steps to the best of my abilities, so I can say pretty objectively that it just isn't for me. The members are just too sold out on the founders' ideas for me to trust them fully. That said, if you're doing AA or any kind of support group, and it's your thing, keep on keeping on.
>>
>>9132554
Sorry dude I just meant these threads; Alcoholics Anonymous by Anonymous
>>
>>9132554
>I can only find Roadside Assistance googling it.

You missed the joke, apparently.
>>
People still living with parents, how are you finding it? I'm 23, drank every moment I wasn't asleep/at work and basically avoided human contact. I live in the same house as my dad and I haven't seen/spoke to him in 2 weeks. He sleeps super early and I stay awake super late, and I spend most my time in my room.

Thinking about it, I'm fucking pathetic...But at least I'm 3 weeks sober now. I just wonder if any other anons have similar living situations?
>>
>>9132578
Another question I've been meaning to ask is, is it normal when you get older to not want to spend ANY time around family? I could quite happily cut all ties with my parents and sibling right now and I wouldn't be affected.

The reason I don't is because I know that is an awful thing to do, but I'm confused as to why I feel this way about them (or lack of feeling anything). I don't have anything in common with them but I don't have any reason to not love them... They raised me well and have always been supportive. I hope I'm not the only one...
>>
>>9132520
The fact that you went back to them after the first knifing is baffling. The fact that you went back to them after the SECOND knifing is kinda funny.
>>
>>9131771
5 Smirnoff beers a day can be that devastating?
>>
>>9132593
Extreme violence was just the norm. Pretty much every day someone would be seriously assaulted. The next day, the attacker wouldn't even remember. We're talking 50-something alcoholic hard drug users. I couldn't stand the loneliness since my gril fucked off. Anything was preferable to being at home alone all the damn time.
>>
>>9132612
Vodka, anon.
>>
>>9132619
Was meant for >>9132599
>>
>>9132578
I'm a NEET living with my family. I used to keep a steady glow until they went to bed and then upped the pace and silently get drunk in my room and passed out before they got up for school and work.

I actually have a harder time being pleasant now that I'm sober since I don't enjoy dumb shit anymore. I find it hard to watch movies sober and not be filled with disgust.
>>
>>9132578
I stayed with my mom and stepdad for four miserable months at 24. Dunno about your situation, but if was anything like mine, get out there and HUSTLE. In case you start drinking again, try your damnedest to get a job where you can get away with being a little tipsy.
>>
>>9132619
Other anon said it was smirnoff ice.

>>9132626
OMG marry me you and I were made for eachother.
>>
>>9132703
Other anon was being sarcastic.
>>
Don't want to die but don't want to live. Don't want to drink but don't want to be sober. Don't want to kill myself because it would upset my family. Don't want to go on living, because i upset my family. I wish I was never born.
>>
>>9132703
Are you a qt low maintenance grill?
>>
File: IMG_0334.jpg (37KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0334.jpg
37KB, 350x350px
>>9132929
>low maintenance
>alcoholic
>>
>>9132965
Not him, but a cheap handle costs 12 bucks where I live. What could be easier?
>>
>>9132974
Than dealing with a girl who's drunk 1.75L? I dunno, lion taming, astrophysics, getting every hot celeb on earth to rim you, lots of things t b q h phamalama
>>
>>9132590
You sound like you might be depressed. Could that be it? I've had depression and I'd self-medicated with alcohol and withdrawn from most people who cared about me.

If you're depressed, you should go to a doctor. Get help, get some pills that'll make you right again.
>>
hey folks, 3 or 4 weeks sober here but who gives a crapola huh. Hit that point to where sobriety is starting to feel normal somewhat again, and the almost euphoric high of not being el drunkyo most of the time is waning. I'm pretty much back to my normal self of hating my job and fantisizing about moving into a crappy little run down shack in buttfuck alabama and building my own still and quitting my shitty job and getting a part time job at little caesers so i can suck down free deep dish and get just enough money to buy booze making supplies and keep the lights and internet working without having to stress out over pointless bullshit all week. augh yeah folks the thought of getting off work on a hot summer day and coming home to your little dark comfy cool shantey and cranking up the AC and taking your pants off and letting your big old fat old belly flop around whle you suck down some wine or vodka and cranberry and prop your feet up on the ol deskarooni and crank up the ol comp to view youtube and 4chan AUGH YEAH FOLKS THATS THE LIFE FOLKS oh well take care guys
>>
File: 1436746200470.jpg (46KB, 437x501px) Image search: [Google]
1436746200470.jpg
46KB, 437x501px
>tfw two months sober now
>all my mates drinking
>don't get invited anywhere anymore because "I got boring" not even cinema etc
>>
File: IMG_0395.jpg (62KB, 1048x576px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0395.jpg
62KB, 1048x576px
>>9132994
My ex and I got along just fine and we were drunk 24/7. The only reason I left her was I wanted to quit but she still had some fight left in her. Was too afraid of eventually picking up a drink since we always had it in the house. Even with me sober and her drunk it there weren't any unusual relationship issues, shit went on as normal except my quality of/outlook on life was improving and she was still spinning tires.
>>
okay I am now about 5 days sober.

The fucking dreams are getting rough

I keep dreaming about my ex gf
>>
>>9133013
I dunno, maybe? I am happier now I've stopped drinking but I don't feel much more sociable. I have a friend who takes meds for depression and he seems fucked up so I'm scared to go to the doctors. I have a gf who makes me very happy so I just use her to pick my mood up
>>
>>9133034
Happened to me a couple of weeks ago. I was nearly in tears by the time the dream became so vivid that it woke me up. Only girl I've ever loved. 11 (and counting) years of oneitis, now she's married and hates me.
>>
>>9133016
>tfw on welfare and make top shelf vodka for 50 cents a pint
>>
I'm a failure, and I fucking hated myself for it. 18 years of cigarettes, 16 years of heavy drinking, and I finally got away from it. I didn't smoke a single cigarette, or drink one single drop for 13 days. Then three days ago I don't know what happened. I got pissed off that the forth was coming up, bought some beer, then went back to the store for cigarettes after a few. Now here I am, called in to work sick from being drunk, drinking whiskey, thinking I'll be okay tomorrow.
>>
>>9131695
Look into CBD, apparently it helps with OCD. Legal worldwide.

>>9131730
Or say that the screaming comes from their place. Or the wall

>>9131722
>can the liver heal after being damaged
No. Well, it can slowly if you don't damage it too much, but it takes decades after you stop drinking to go back to some kind of normality.
>whats a good age to drastically slow down or stop drinking
After you finish education, when you get (or are supposed to) get a job.
>I'm thirty and have been drinking daily since about 20 or so
>I want to have all the fun I can
Is it still fun? Or is it now more about not feeling miserable, remembering your younger years when it was fun to drink?
Because you should definitively stop before the miserable part if you haven't reached it.

>>9131815
>>9129265

>>9131883
There are so many ways alcohol can kill you, cancer shouldn't be your worst concern. You can almost cure cancer, it's barely dangerous.

>>9131918
Doctors don't recommand mouthwash with alcohol anymore. At least the ones who gave a shit about their jobs in the last decade or two.

>>9132177
I tried that. Well, not while cooking, but I tried having a soda when I was craving alcohol.
It only made it worse. I had most of the thing, the enjoyment of opening a can, the carbonation, the freshness in the throat, but not the taste of ethanol. It made me crave booze even more.
I drink water.

>>9132520
Last rehab I went to had alkies, pill junkies, medical morphine addicts, an old chronic pot smoker. It was a good place, we talked and laughed and comforted each others.
An /alc/ meetup would be weird, half drunks half sobers, withdrawing Anons are staying home. And DUUUUUDE, the cops are here.

>>9133035
Going to the doc doesn't mean you'll take pills. He can't force you to take shit.
Talk about him about what's going on, tell him you don't want to be like your friend, there are AD that don't make you into a zombie. And maybe he'll won't even give you AD, idk, I'm not a doc.
>>
>>9133146
Why do you get angry at the 4th?
>>
>>9133146
Walk into a vapeshop with 80 bucks, that'll solve one problem.
13 days is both a lot, you got out of most withdrawals, and not a lot, you didn't reach any kind of stability in sobriety yet.
Stop again. A 3 days binge isn't long enough to give much withdrawals.

I increased my cigarette consumption a lot each time I stopped drinking, and couldn't have done it without smokes, so I would recommand stopping one addiction at a time. Switching to vaping is relatively easy, so maybe doing both is manageable.
>>
>>9132929
No, high maintenance qt gay man, who likes his booze and can drink most people under the table.
>>
>>9133219
How are you high maintenance when you seem to spend most of your time as a recluse?
>>
>>9133208
>A 3 days binge isn't long enough to give much withdrawals.
You poor naive soul.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kindling_(sedative–hypnotic_withdrawal)
>>
>>9133176
It's been a long list of bad shit (to me) that happened on or around that day. Compiled with the fact that I used to LOVE that day. Growing up it was the best day ever. As an adult, my car literally exploded one year, my gf dumped me the next year, my best friend died the next year, I got married the next year (that wasn't good), I got divorced that day a few years later, things finally started to level out and I was doing good, then last year my brother came over and told me what a worthless piece of shit I am, not because I'm worthless, but because he was hurt by a girl that dumped him, but it hurt because I just wanted to cook out and hang out, because I was hurting from the aforementioned shit. Then this year came, and I just wanted to be normal. I didn't even tell anyone I was not drinking because I didn't want to get their hopes up. Maybe they gave up on me.
>>
>>9133208
That's a big reason why I feel failed. I bought a vape, used it, and actually liked it a lot. When I started drinking again I even really loved the vape, but after a few hours I caved. But I'm not looking for a pity party, I was just bitching. I'm going back on the vape tomorrow, and going back to work.
>>
File: friend.jpg (56KB, 1306x523px) Image search: [Google]
friend.jpg
56KB, 1306x523px
>>9133034
Stay at this imnage for several hours before bed and you won't dream of your ex.
>>
>>9132520
I don't believe in AA, it was brought about before psychology and psychiatry it's based on religion and its original premise was to get people to go to church. In europe it is perfectly acceptable goal to moderate drinking rather than quitting all together. In the U.S. we have this puritan all or nothing attitude.

Don't waste your time with AA, seek an actual therapist.
>>
>>9133289
I'd like to agree with you, but I've seen way too many people go from worthless slops of shit to wonderful people just from going to AA. And they don't but into the religious aspect.
>>
>>9133242
I'd tell you to go camp out in the woods by yourself for a day but with your luck you'd probably get eaten by a bear.

Solitude on shitty holidays can be nice though. Just wait that shit out.
>>
>>9131722
Its highly likely that you already have liver disease. At least fatty liver if not cirrhosis. You can't drink every day for ten years and not do any damage
>>
7 hours.
Whoever imposed licensing hours needs to be fucking shot.
>>
>>9133422
>not having a squirrel tier booze stash
>>
>>9133435
If I have booze I drink it, doesn't seem to matter how much I buy, the alcohol is always gone when I regain consciousness.
going to be shaking and puking uncontrollably by the time the damned store begins serving. I swear if there's a queue today and it's filled with retards who insist on babbling inanely to the shopkeeper, pay with coins or generally dither, I will by tonight be in handcuffs.
This is never going to end, is it. I will die having never again known peace.
>>
>>9132578
I'm 24 and living with my parents since I graduated college a year and a half ago. They know my booze problems, and I've had multiple "interventions". They now keep zero alcohol around the house, and I'm sober for the most part, but get drunk once every few weekends when I manage to have the place to myself. I'm nervous to move out and be on my own again because I know how easy it will be to slip back into full on alcoholism
>>
File: hurts just a little bit.jpg (26KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
hurts just a little bit.jpg
26KB, 600x600px
How you guys doing tonight?

I'm feeling really good.
>>
>>9133822

>Told myself I was gonna drink 3 beers and stopped
>Drank 3 beers
>Drove to liqour store
>Bought handle of vodka
>Drunk

oh well
im feeling damn good too
>>
>>9133827
I just came back from my bro's after having around 3 beers too.

I had rum here waiting for me. I never get beer drunk without the parachute of liquor drunk waiting for me
>>
>>9133822
I was doing pretty well. Sober for a month an a half. Then the facts that I haven't seen my gf for two weeks, my work is transitioning to a new software suite, and I have a lot of other shit to deal with caught up with me and tonight I drank a quarter of a bottle of scotch and a third of a bottle of absinthe. So, all-in-all, not that well
>>
>>9134048
Must have felt great after that first drink.

Did you Euro up that Absinthe? Or just doing it American?
>>
>>9125486
Got blackout drunk and hooked up with a married, 45 year old homeless woman.

How was your forth?
>>
>>9134056
Oh, so amazing. And for the absinthe, it's a Virginia distillery (Mt. Defiance), but I have an honest-to-god absinthe fountain, so I set it up with the sugar cube, water, etc.
>>
>>9132906
Welcome to the club
>>
>>9134070
Never had absinthe myself, to be honest

Does it really give you visual shit?
>>
>>9134077
Hell no. Fuck, thujone is a GABA inhibitor. It couldn't make you hallucinate if you drank a lethal amount of the stuff. What it does do is help clear your head when you're drunk so that you can stay focused and lucid whilst continuing to become more and more shit-faced. I absolutely love the stuff
>>
>>9134092
All the old poets say that absinthe makes you see shit

Though if what you say is true, then absinthe drunk is like the most productive a person can be.

Sounds like it extends the "Spot". The place where you feel optimal drunk and can do anything
>>
>>9134097
Exactly. I've written whole papers when absinthe-drunk on which I've gotten high-90s. Absinthe is *the* shit
>>
>>9134097
>>9134107

Can I get absinthe in the US?

>Had a chance to try at a high class bar in Tokyo but didn't

JUST
>>
>>9134108
You can, at least in Virginia. I don't know about other places. There is a site, absinthes.com, that ships them to you, but depending on your state's laws, it may or may not be legal. You should look into it, though, because absinthe is seriously awesome
>>
>>9134107
Shiiiiit
That sounds amazing.
I have to try that shit.

>>9134108
In my limited knowledge, it's illegal in the united states, at least in the legitimate version that has psychotropic effects.
>>
Is absinthe comparable in taste to any other liqour?
>>
>>9134061
Those nights are the absolute worst. Its like reality shifts into a schizophrenic dream version where anything goes
>>
>down drink
>instantly feel red hot, sweat begins pouring
>oh no, I can't afford to lose this
>3 seconds later, vomit so hard it reaches from one side of the room to the other
Why
>>
I think it's time to quit drinking. I just puked a bunch of blood. My beard was covered in thick dark red blood, like in the movies. I wiped it off onto a cloth and it turned brown. So I know it wasn't just a red beverage. I asked my mom to take me to the hospital but she said to sleep on it. I don't drive and don't want to pay for an ambulance.

Will I die if I go to sleep?
>>
File: 1437881654957.jpg (56KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1437881654957.jpg
56KB, 1024x768px
So i've managed to reduce my drinking from every day, to every other day, to every 3rd day, and now to every 4th day, by taking low-dose benzos with agmatine on my 'off' days.

At this point i might as well just stop completely. The magic of drinking is gone. Every drunk night is the same; the same music, the same conversations, the same failed relationships. It's dysphoric and i can't remember the last time i wasn't filled with regret the morning after. At the same time a part of me enjoys the chaos it brings, and the dull monotony of sobriety always brings me back.

I don't know. There's nothing i really hope to gain out of a sober life, nor is there anything left for me in the bottle. So then what?
>>
>>9134876
Switch to a different drug. I'm thinking of trying to convince my psychiatrist to put me on adderall.
>>
>Tfw beer and salted peanuts
>>
File: IMG_0309.jpg (32KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0309.jpg
32KB, 500x374px
>>9135052
>Not vodka and cashews
>>
>>9135135
Just woke up, gonna take it on a slow ride
>>
How much money does it cost to go to a bar and buy enough alcohol to pass out?
>>
>>9135182
Too much
>>
File: 1476706311207.png (442KB, 528x516px) Image search: [Google]
1476706311207.png
442KB, 528x516px
>>9135135
>Not white wine and almonds
>>
Limit reached.

>>9135519
>>9135519
>>9135519
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.