[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

returning food at restaurants

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1440719751203.png (344KB, 527x603px) Image search: [Google]
1440719751203.png
344KB, 527x603px
>go to sushi place with gf
>order some sushi, including sort of expensive sushimi plate
>sushimi tastes kinda bad, not terrible. sure as fuck not great/restaurant grade. looks like it just came out of a freezer. still edible.
>eat 1/3 of it
>lady doesnt want anything else from there
>pay them with 10% tip, and take the rest in a box.
>mention to hostess everything was fine but the sushimi and took it home, still edible.

I never worked in a restaurant, and never have had to return food. should I have done something else instead? ask for full refund on the sushimi? i spent 55 on a meal that was sub-standard.
>>
Beuller?
>>
I dunno, if you had never been there I just wouldn't go back. There's no saying it would be better a second time. If they served you food that was edible and not necessarily "wrong" that's probably just how they make their food.
>>
>>8817068
>I just wouldn't go back
I shall not return there.
>>
I'm a pig so I'll eat just about anything, but yeah, if it was bad just don't go back.

Of course there are always extremes. If I went somewhere and spent $100+ on a several course meal and it was garbage, I wouldn't pay (I would also stop eating).
>>
>>8816756
>meal was substandard
>still gives tip

????
>>
>>8817147
Well tip is more about the service anyway. It's not the waitress' fault that the food is bad.
>>
>>8817151
this, i think.

>>8817141
desu more of the issue was with the gf not liking it.
>>
Maybe they knew you were only going to tip 10%.
>>
>>8816756
>food was bad
>still tip
>actually took the food back home with you

what is wrong with you people?
>>
>>8816756
>eat 1/3rd of it

You could return it but you'd be a massive cunt.

Never return food you've had more than a few bites of. If you haven't figured out you don't like it in 3 or so bites, tough shit. Also nothing says "don't fuck me" on a date like returning anything.
>>
>>8817205
it was edible, wasting food is a pet peeve of mine.
>>
>>8817234
why the fuck would you tip for bad quality food though
fucking americans I swear
>>
>>8817242
You're tipping the waiter/ess, not the cook.
If they do a good job of waiting on me then they'll be judged independently of the food quality. They don't control the quality, they just bring it out. You shouldn't punish them for the cook's fuckup (which is why you tell the manager that the food was bad and imply you won't return, that'll get them flayed alive).
>>
>>8817251
everything from the moment you enter the restaurant should be factored into the tip
>>
>>8817272
Wrong.
>>8817242
Non-Americans talking about American tipping etiquette need to leave.
>>
>>8817296
>>8817251
That is the dumbest reasoning I have ever heard
>>
>>8817310
>>>/out/
>>
>>8817310
Why should the waiter be responsible for the cook's fuck up? Or the hostess's wait time?
>>
>>8817319
Don't keep talking to him, you'll only encourage his faggotry.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.