[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do you make chicken breast not shit and tasteless?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: yuzuwut.png (238KB, 650x539px) Image search: [Google]
yuzuwut.png
238KB, 650x539px
how do you make chicken breast not shit and tasteless?
>>
>>8672043
Brining.
>>
Try doing what CFA does and put it pickle juice overnight.
>>
You buy a cut with some more fat in it or fuck off to >>>/fit/
>>
>>8672043

1) buy good chicken, not supermarket bullshit.
2) make sure you brown it when it cooks. Browning = malliard reaction = flavor. Pale colorless chicken is also going to be flavorless.
>>
>>8672194
>make sure you brown it when it cooks. Browning = malliard reaction = flavor.
This guy knows what's up. Do this if nothing else.

Also, you can try sitting your chicken bits in some soy sauce for 1/2 hour before you cook them.

Or, collect breadcrumbs for a while. Then dip your chicken in a beaten egg, cover it in crumbs, and fry in some oil.
Mixing pepper and/or spices into the crumbs makes things tasty.
>>
>>8672043
By keeping the pieces as thick as possible and not overcooking it. Seriously.

Just be fucking patient.
>>
>>8672043
A good marinade will do it.

Hell, lemon juice and pepper will do it.
>>
>>8672194
Something I had a lot of trouble with when I was starting out as a cook is browning chicken. I didn't understand that dumping all the chicken into the pan at once will lower the temperature to the point where browning become nigh impossible. Do it in batches.
>>
[spoiler]asd[/spoiler]
>>
>>8672043
>butterfly them open
>stuff with random cheese you've got in the drawer
>maybe some parsley or something too, who gives a shit any spice works
>fry in butter for a couple minutes on each side
>bake for 20 minutes @350
if your chicken is still shit and tasteless after this, you don't know SHIT
>>
>>8672194
>/ck/ : level one
>>
>>8672043
when you use it in sandwiches, I'd recommend horseradish-mayo on the one side, and honey-mustard on the other, and you can put some lettuce or cucumber slices on the horseradish-mayo side if you like.
>>
File: IMG_1453.jpg (920KB, 3264x1144px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1453.jpg
920KB, 3264x1144px
>>8672043

Seasoning. Seriously, I eat either fish or chicken every single night and without seasoning, I wouldn't be able to do it.

I typically stove-top cook it instead of baking it (extra-virgin olive oil for my unsaturated fats).

Begin trying out different seasons you think you'll like every time you cook. You're bound to find a handful of them you'll like and can switch between while trying out more. If you have to eat it, you might as well like it.
>>
>>8672043
bread them and fry them, duh
>>
>>8672816
>when you want to give advice but still want to seem antagonistic and cool in front of the other 4channers
>>
>>8672973
lmao, I've tried what he describing before. If done right, it's actually not bad and kind of like a chicken fillet, cheese stuffed, with some tomatoes, etc. When done right, it's actually not that bad.

I prefer to slightly char mine on the oven-top before sticking in the oven though (and season it) for extra flavor.
>>
>>8672043
Use thigh meat. Its better in 99% of American recipes that call for chicken breast
>>
>>8672201
>collect bread crumbs for a while
Or just buy bread crumbs?
>>
CHIKIN P A R M I G I A N A
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.