[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I buy fish oil omega-3?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 8

File: SOL-01699-14.jpg (257KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
SOL-01699-14.jpg
257KB, 1600x1600px
Should I buy fish oil omega-3?
>>
As long as it's cheaper than snake's
>>
File: HAHA.jpg (9KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
HAHA.jpg
9KB, 284x177px
>>8610139
HA HA!

That's funny
>>
>>8610133
>>>/fit/
>>
>>8611673
Fish oil has nothing to do with fit.
It's just an addition to your daily food for better health. It doesn't mean that you have to lift or anything like that at all.
Do you eat vitamins only if you lift?
>>
>>8610133
I take one every morning but what the fuck do I know lol
>>
>>8610133
your oil is expired
>>
>>8611691
>It's just an addition to your daily food for better health
>an addition to daily food

so it's not food
and you don't cook it.

Why is it on this board?
>>
>>8611829
Are you retarded?
>>
>>8611850
>I don't know what supplement means
I'll give you a lil hint, sweetie.
It means it supplements food and thus it's not food. Or did you want to know how to cook it, darling?
>>
>>8610133
Go for it. Good for triglycerides, muscles, skin, hair, etc. Kirkland's is pretty good quality for the cheaps. I take 2 a day for no reason. I very rarely get the fish taste people complain of.
>>
>>8611865
Food is a number of components, fish oil is just polyunsaturated fat that you can get from natural sources of food or if you can't you get vitamins and food additions such as omega-3 pills. if you are so illiterate retard who has no idea about basic course of chemistry then why do you even bother?

>>8611871
Thanks, I rarely eat fish at all, it's mostly god damn chicken and I need to replenish it to stay healthy.
>>
>>8611865
Not him but this is the only board you can have a good topic about this in.

/fit/ would only approach the thread from a "gains" perspective
/b/ would probably ignore it
everywhere else is off-topic

>>8610133
Eh. Take one every few days for health reasons. I wouldn't call it a supplement since it is essential but don't expect miracles.
>>
>>8611882
Dietary supplements are not food, sweetie. They are not presented as food and the us FDA doesn't recognize them as food. I hope this helps you understand, cutiepie.

dietary supplements are a topic better suited to the health and fitness board.
>>
>>8611829
omega 3 is an essential fat. if you don't get enough of it you will die.
>>
>>8611891
Get it from food, sweetie.

How about a nice pan seared salmon!
>>
>>8611894
I'm allergic to fish.
>>
File: 1473084035954.png (72KB, 283x268px) Image search: [Google]
1473084035954.png
72KB, 283x268px
>>8611890
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omega-3_fatty_acid
>Types of fats in food
>Polyunsaturated fat
>ω−3

No fuck off and kill yourself, retard.
>>
>>8611896
then how about two pieces, darling!
>>
>>8611890
>Dietary supplements are not food, sweetie. They are not presented as food and the us FDA doesn't recognize them as food.
The FDA would disagree with you sweetie. Good job making shit up though.

https://www.fda.gov/Food/DietarySupplements/
>>
>>8611897
But this is about supplements sweetie, not food.

Now if he posted some walnuts and how to eat them, we'd be more than happy to provide some help. But alas, this isn't a board for dietary supplements.
>>
File: fda.png (55KB, 1060x333px) Image search: [Google]
fda.png
55KB, 1060x333px
>>8611906
oh sweetie, your wrong.
Nice try.
>>
>>8611915
Please point out where that proves me wrong sweetie.
>>
>>8611919
Honey, I'm not your mommy, but:
dietary supplements are products which are not pharmaceutical drugs, food additives like spices or preservatives, or conventional food

Not pharmaceutical drugs
not food additives like spices
or conventional food.

>not conventional food.
>not food
>>
This thread makes me mad... All these people with no knowledge... Not trying to be mean just saying... Too many stupid people...
>>
>>8611915
>>8611923
>Dietary supplements are eaten or taken by mouth, and are regulated in United States law as a type of food rather than a type of drug
Calling grown men sweetie over and over is pretty autistic but posting an image that completely BTFO your argument is just plain retarded.
>>
>>8611927
>not conventional food
sweetie, please have your mommy read this to you.
>>
>>8611915
>posting an image that refutes your own argument
How many layers of irony are you on?
>>
>>8611929
Is this board /ck/ Conventional Food & Cooking?
>>
>>8611930
>dietary supplements are products which are not pharmaceutical drugs, food additives like spices or preservatives, or conventional food
>Not pharmaceutical drugs
>not food additives like spices
>or conventional food.
>>not conventional food.
>>not food

Regulated as food doesn't imply that it IS food.
>>
>>8611934
well it's certainly not dietary supplements and healthful lifestyles, sweetie.
>>
File: 1476891620272.png (66KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1476891620272.png
66KB, 300x300px
>>8611927
>Calling grown men sweetie over and over is pretty autistic but posting an image that completely BTFO your argument is just plain retarded.

Maybe he's some transgender feminist negro-freak, it's pretty common those days.

Anyway he should kill himself asap.
>>
>>8611940
Next thing you'd say that whey protein is not food because it doesn't look like chicken and your retarded brain cannot comprehend school grade chemistry.
>>
>>8611944
>>8611940
Obviously thoroughly BTFO to the point of pretending to be retarded but one final post to hit it home you gigantic autist.

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/food
>Any nutritious substance that people or animals eat or drink or that plants absorb in order to maintain life and growth.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dietary_supplement
>Dietary supplements are eaten or taken by mouth, and are regulated in United States law as a type of food rather than a type of drug

https://www.fda.gov/Food/DietarySupplements/
>FDA regulates dietary supplements under a different set of regulations than those covering "conventional" foods and drug products

And for the grand finale!
https://www.fda.gov/AboutFDA/Transparency/Basics/ucm194355.htm
Is a dietary supplement a food or a drug?
>The Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act defines dietary supplements as a category of food. However, there is one exception: if a dietary supplement meets the definition of a drug, it is regulated as a drug.

>dictionary says it is food
>FDA says it is food
>literally the only person who says it isn't so far is you
>everyone is wrong and I'm right! (You)
>>
>>8611951
>Maybe he's some transgender feminist negro-freak, it's pretty common those days.
As a transgender feminist negro-freak, I suggest OP to use fish oil capsules as a suppository.
>>
>>8611957
Is this better for absorption?
>>
>>8611959
It would NOT be a food.

Foods are oral only.
>>
File: fda.png (48KB, 778x418px) Image search: [Google]
fda.png
48KB, 778x418px
>>8611956
But sweetie, the FDA regulates food in a different set of regulations. Why wouldn't they just regulate it as a food? Rhetorical question honney, it's because it's not food.
>>
File: 1481707749003.png (216KB, 568x1023px) Image search: [Google]
1481707749003.png
216KB, 568x1023px
>>8611974
>>
>>8611885
>/b/ would ignore

OM MY FUCKING GOD THE HORROR

IMAGINE YOUR LONELY ASS GETTING MINIMAL REPLIES

Shut your fat mouth.
>>
>>8611890
>Dietary supplements are not food, sweetie. They are not presented as food and the us FDA doesn't recognize them as food

https://www.fda.gov/AboutFDA/Transparency/Basics/ucm194355.htm
>The Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act defines dietary supplements as a category of food

lmao

>>8611986
I'm not OP you retard.
>>
>>8611980
Thoroughly buttblasted from being BTFO.
Ever wonder why dietary supplements are called supplements? Could it be that they supplement food!
If they didn't supplement food then they would be just called food wouldn't they?

Have your mommy explain this to you, sweetie. It would be better use of your time than posting "memes"
>>
>>8611956
Face it. He blew you the fuck out.
>>
>>8611992
Did I say you were the op? You're a retard.
>>
>>8611995
He conveniently left out the word "conventional" which is all over the FDA website. Just because it's regulated as food doesn't make it food. Plus this isn't a diet and health board.
>>
>>8611993
>Ever wonder why dietary supplements are called supplements? Could it be that they supplement food!
No. It's because they supplement your diet you retard. Your diet isn't pills you unimaginably stupid dolt.

>>8612004
>Just because it's regulated as food doesn't make it food
The fucking dictionary says it's food as well you complete and utter fool. The ONLY person saying it isn't food is you. US Law and the Oxford fucking dictionary both consider it food. Conventionality is irrelevant.
>>
>>8612008
>they supplement your diet
Are you eating table legs and dirt?
diet consists of food for most people.
>>
>>8612012
You eat whole foods not pills. Dietary supplements are foods that supplement your diet of whole foods.

You. Lost.
>>
>>8612014
>You eat whole foods not pills
I eat pills. Do you shove pills up your bhole?
How about the table legs, do they go there too?
>>
>>8612014
>dietary supplements are food that supplement your food.

smart. genius. I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter.
>>
>>8612016
>Do you shove pills up your bhole
w-wait... a-are they not s-suppose to?
>>
>>8612017
Welcome to American bureaucracy you samefagging fuck.
>>
File: Common_lipids_lmaps.png (39KB, 1755x1749px) Image search: [Google]
Common_lipids_lmaps.png
39KB, 1755x1749px
>>8612014
>You eat whole foods not pills

Pills is not food because it doesn't look like """food""" to you, retard?

You realize that it doesn't matter what food looks like to your organism and vital ingredients have their chemical names?

Food science could potentially kill your underdeveloped brain you caveman mongoloid.
>>
>>8612025
never said they aren't foods

lrn2read I said they are foods
>>
>>8612032
We just really want to know where you put them if you don't eat them.
>>
>>8612034
In your mother's ass while I'm fucking her doggy style. Compliments her fishy twat.
>>
>>8611915
You are retarded
>>
>tfw when nobody calls me sweetie
>>
snake oil
>>
eat cod liver
same but better
>>
>>8612997
Aww sweety, does this make you feel better?
>>
>>8614143
he said sweetie not "sweety" you fucking retard
>>
>>8614152
Aww sweety, there's no reason to be mad honey. Does Anon need his milky wilky?
>>
>>8614173
only if it's chocolate milky...
>>
>>8611885
as a /fit/izen you're right, but within every thread is a serious discussion. we have our share of shitposter, memespouters, and generic assholes. but there's always quality discussion about overall health, nutrition, supplements, etc
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.