[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do Americans like Haggis?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: haggis.jpg (40KB, 660x371px) Image search: [Google]
haggis.jpg
40KB, 660x371px
Do Americans like Haggis?
>>
You can't actually sell lungs in America so they don't unless they try it in another country.
>>
>>7877746
How sad.

Someone should start a petition.
>>
>>7877746
Really?
I ordered lung at a peruvian restaurant the other day. It was pretty good.
>>
>>7877741
They don't sell it here, so most never get the opportunity to try it.
>>
I had some in Scotland in a pub. It was bad. Not my favorite either.
>>
>>7877741
Unfortunately I've never had the chance to try it
>>
>>7877741

It's hard to get real haggis here because it's illegal to sell lungs per federal law.

Some people get hardcore and buy a live sheep, then slaughter it. That's legal. But it's also pretty damn rare.

We do get some "haggis like products" which are lung-free, but they're a rare specialty item, and I imagine they taste like crap because it's canned.
>>
>>7877741
Not that popular around here. Not even as a hip food
>>
Texas bro here. I don't even know what haggis is.
>>
>>7878121
>Haggis is a savoury pudding containing sheep's pluck (heart, liver and lungs); minced with onion, oatmeal, suet, spices, and salt, mixed with stock, traditionally encased in the animal's stomach

Basically deliciously spiced mince.
>>
>>7877741
>Implying anyone likes haggis
>>
>>7877741
Not sold here
>>
Soon...

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/nov/13/haggis-scotch-lamb-beef-ban-us-imports
>>
>>7877777
no one in the thread going apeshit about quints
>>
>>7877741
I'm American but lived in Scotland for a couple years. Haggis was good, depending on where it was from, but I really loved black pudding. I've always liked corn beef hash and stuff like that, so I never found haggis particularly strange.
>>
I note that people who turn their noses up at haggis seem to be fine with sausages, even though they're the same thing, just in a different shapes.

All the shit parts of the animal that's still edible but needs grinding up and spicing before anyone actually eats it.
>>
>>7877741
Haggis is fucking good. We found some farm that makes it. Somwhere in northern Jersey. Don't remember the name doe. It's slammin my G. If you come across it get it,
>>
>>7877741
It's not bad. There's always one guy at the local scotch/irish festival every year who slaughters 3 lambs and makes a mess of haggis for everyone

It's nothing special though
>>
what the fuck is that
>>
>>7878820
>>>/b/
>>
Scotfag here.

Haggis is okay. The biggest problem with it is that it can be a bit dry, so it's best to eat it with some kind of sauce i.e Peppercorn.
>>
>>7877741
I've never had it. Sounds like it would be pretty good though.

I've seen it made two ways, one in some sort of pastry and then the more traditional way in the sheep's stomach. Is it made in pastry often? I feel like I'd want to try that first since I don't care for tripe too much.
>>
>>7877741
Is this the original meme food? I've known about haggis since I was a child simply because cartoons and such like to make jokes about it.
>>
>>7877781
well hearing that it was bad I was hoping it would by your favorite.
>>
>>7878868
>It's slammin

I don't need to hear this bradberry meme bullshit in this haggis thread boy. log off son
>>
File: haggis2.jpg (100KB, 709x538px) Image search: [Google]
haggis2.jpg
100KB, 709x538px
>>7879841
I remember pic related pretty well, that's probably the first time I heard of haggis as well.
>>
I'm American and I liked it the few times I've had it.
>>
File: haggis-tins-x3.png (116KB, 276x235px) Image search: [Google]
haggis-tins-x3.png
116KB, 276x235px
I've only ever had it canned, because where the fuck are you gonna get an entire sheep's stomach, and it was really delicious.
>>
>>7879029
bitch, rolling is a tradition deeply rooted into all of 4chan
>>
>>7877777
nice digits, may the holy KEK be mercyful on you
>>
>>7879705
It mostly comes in a plastic casing these days.

I've never actually seen anyone eat the stomach, was only used as a way to boil the haggis.
>>
>>7878824
Same here. Haggis is god-tier, but only if you eat it with something that stops it from sticking to the roof of your mouth
>>
File: wargames.jpg (14KB, 388x268px) Image search: [Google]
wargames.jpg
14KB, 388x268px
>>7877777

I know, I was just looking at them when you called
>>
File: check_em_by_boyboy99100-d57xp3y.png (204KB, 480x448px) Image search: [Google]
check_em_by_boyboy99100-d57xp3y.png
204KB, 480x448px
>>7877777
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.