[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I the only person who thinks Marco is overrated? Can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1

File: shill.jpg (160KB, 1024x605px) Image search: [Google]
shill.jpg
160KB, 1024x605px
Am I the only person who thinks Marco is overrated? Can't even pronounce paella.

>PIE ELLA

Fuck him. Knorr sellout and outclassed by his student. Douche.
>>
>>7546905
Forgot link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUUf2zWJ4UM&nohtml5=False
>>
English people pronounce foreign-words the English way. It's just how they are. Not even the colonies do that.
>>
Remember: a white person cooking rice and peas is imperialist cultural appropriation. STOP COOKING IN SUCH A RACIST MANNER.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/oct/30/marco-pierre-white-jamaican-dish-knorr-advert
>>
>>7546905
>Can't even pronounce
no, dont let the english fool you.....they know how to pronounce foreign stuff.....they chose not to, its deliberate
>>
The most brilliant professor I ever took classes from had a thick NYC Yiddish accent, and butchered the pronunciation of every German name he ever mentioned, after years of hearing his peers pronounce it correctly, and 90% of everyone he mentioned was German due to the subject. The guy knew the material better than most of the Krauts who'd studied directly under them, so at the end of the day who cares.
>>
>>7546964
appropriation of food is the best appropriation
>>
>>7546905
He looks like he just killed a nigger and he knows somebody's aware of it. Look at that fucking face. No soul
>>
>>7546964
Please leave the /pol/, /int/, and /news/ memes in /pol/, /int/, and /news/.
Here are some links to help you out:
>>>/pol/
>>>/int/
>>>/news/
Thank you!
>>
>>7547044
It's an article calling him a Knorr sell-out. His Knorr adverts have been branded as racist, it's not exactly something I've had to shoehorn in.
>>
>>7546964
>>7547059
i think its not racist, it's just stupidity, greed and marketing failure, like usual...

every time somebody cook a dish from an other nationality than his own, he must be racist... lol
>>
Does it seem like he lost all of his cooking abilities? He's like tiger woods trying to play golf now.
Before knorr he has judging a dog food competition. So I guess that's a step up
>>
>>7546991
>racism on a blue board
>>
>>7547380
Hes just doing the same as the rest. Gaining shitons of cash in royalties from advertising others products.
Theyre all as bad.
>>
>>7547406
Get before you're got. That is life.
>>
>>7547380

no, he can still obviously cook. the recipes he does with knorr are just packaged for the average shitmuncher.

>>7547199

i think it's at least somewhat disrespectful to do that to rice and peas.
>>
>>7546905
>>PIE ELLA
If you read that in Spanish, it's correct.
>>
>>7547433
Pyay ay-a?

Sounds Korean.
>>
>>7547435
If you look like a tourist, they'll be able to assume what you mean if you say that.
>>
>world's greatest chef
>WAH HE DOESNT PRONOUNCE IT PROPERLY! WAAAAH! HE SUCKS!
>>
>>7546905
Is Michelin a racquet like THX?
>>
>>7546905
WTF, that is not a Paella, that is a seafood risoto...
>>
PIE AY AR
CHOR IT SO
GRA TH E ASS
>>
>>7547790
yeah what the fuck? a paella is easy to make, why are all the celebrity chefs doing rissotos?
>>
>>7547431
and if he do it to jambalaya, Paella, Risotto Milanese, bami goreng??

maybe every nation must forbidden international companies/restaurants in other countries to cook traditional regional cuisine without certification?
>>
>>7546918

Saw a talk by a black from England a while back. He pronounced Houston "How-ston", and stuttered over it each time.

You could tell he knew damn well how to say it but felt pressured to fuck it up to remind everyone of how colonial he was. Trouble is he is black, thick tongue and all, so kept fucking it up.

But yeah they definitely overdo it as a meme, just like libshits here overdo the opposite and pronounced things in too fawning a manner. Triggered the fuck out of me.
>>
>>7547989
Even in the US, it can be pronounced How-stun.

For example, there's Houston Street in Manhattan. It's pronounced How-stun. All the same, the city in Texas is always _oo-stun, even in New York. I leave that first letter blank, because it can vary regionally.

Where I live, as well as I most of the US, it's Hugh-stun. Like 'Hugh Grant' or the last syllable in the surname 'Donahue.'
In other parts of the country, I've actually heard other pronunciations. Who-stun seems the second most popular and You-stun seems to be relegated exclusively to really, really old black people in Detroit and Chicago. I don't know if there are other regional pronunciations because it's not like I go around asking people to say Houston for me or anything.
>>
>>7547936

not the point i was making.
>>
Friendly reminder too all plebs that think they are god-tier foodies because they knock Knorr, Marco used (at least) Knorr granules AT HARVEY'S. you know, a Michelin star restaurant.
>>
>>7548030

he was referring to Texas, and definitely meme spamming.
>>
>>7546964
>Remember: a white person cooking rice and peas is imperialist cultural appropriation. STOP COOKING IN SUCH A RACIST MANNER.
nope, it explicitly says:
>The issue here is not the attempt at making such a distinctly Jamaican dish, it is the lack of care and consideration taken by Knorr/MPW to find out how that meal is ordinarily made. In the name of foregrounding their product they failed to see how their attempt at this cornerstone dish was a minimising insult.
That was the least controversial "commentisfree" I've ever seen.
>>
>>7546976
literally if you cannot pronounce something correctly it is proof positive of ignorance
>>
>>7548179
I think it's important to make a distinction as to how they are used.

I think that the instant granules definately have a use as a seasoning. E.g. use them like a dry spice.

However it's complete shit to use them as a replacement for actual stock, demi-glace, etc.

I don't know what's up with him shilling for "knorr stock pots", but every time I saw him cook and use instant bullion it was always as a seasoning, not as a replacement for stock.
>>
>>7549084

explain your distinction regarding how they're used. why is one a more major compromise than the other.
>>
>>7546905
I would much rather spend time with Marco than Gordon

>you'll never spend a summer's weekend fishing and deer stalking with Marco before settling down to enjoy a fine feast cooked by him
>>
>>7547433
no its not
>>
>>7549359

>Spending a summer weekend with marco
>fishing and deer stalking
>implying you wouldnt be on the kitchen with marco yelling and making you feel miserable
>>
>>7549375
I really don't think Marco gives a shit anymore about hard kitchen work. He seems to prefer the lifestyle of smoking in the garden with a glass of cider as he's fucking rich
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.