[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best brand of oats?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

File: download.jpg (7KB, 273x185px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7KB, 273x185px
Best brand of oats?
>>
File: 826505.jpg (17KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
826505.jpg
17KB, 400x400px
>>
>>7403453

/thread (fuck organic though)
>>
File: 1385c244_steelcutoats_f_1800.jpg (203KB, 1200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1385c244_steelcutoats_f_1800.jpg
203KB, 1200x1800px
>>7403431
>>
Do you think there is much difference between all the different brands?
I get the Storebrand packs of oats as its the cheapest but I would like more coarse oats
>>
I buy store brand instant oats, and put them in a coffee grinder for a second or two. It gives the oats different consistencies with half of it being ground almost into flour with some chunks still there. Pour boiling water over them and let it sit until it's thickened.

I'm not a fan of steel-cut, I don't like the texture. And I don't like anything sweet in it. I really like the taste and texture of oats cooked this way. I'm gonna try a splash of cream and a little salt next time I eat it. I read that this is a traditional Irish way of preparing them, and it sounds good.
>>
Go rolled or go home
>>
File: surfing.gif (77KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
surfing.gif
77KB, 500x375px
>eating horse feed
>the current year

Go to bed, Mr. Ed.
>>
what do you guys add to your steel cut oats to make them not taste like glue? i add brown sugar and then they just taste like sugary glue.
>>
>>7404751
milk helps a bit with the texture, but I don't really care about that. For flavor it's just maple syrup or cinnamon/sugar. Fruits good too.

Actually, for a different texture, you could toast the oats, then mix with fruit and yogurt or milk.
>>
>>7404751
You can also adjust the texture via the cooking time.
>>
>>7404656
>Do you think there is much difference between all the different brands?
You raise an interesting question because this product is as unrefined as one can get yet I found different nutritional properties in different brands, which makes me wonder how these values are determined.
Or maybe one brand simply uses better fertilizers or something.
>>
>>7405815
Different serving sizes.
>>
>>7405815
Soil from different regions can change the taste of end products. I don't know if it's the same with grain but I know sweet onions can only be grown in certain soil with low sulfur content.
>>
File: bart smithson.gif (21KB, 451x533px) Image search: [Google]
bart smithson.gif
21KB, 451x533px
>>7405932
>>
>>7405815
>gluten
>allergen
m8
>>
>>7405939
That probably explains it. Thanx.

>>7405948
Still falls under the category of adverse reactions.

Still, I don't see how anybody can see that and automatically think that avoiding gluten would be an easy way to lose weight, as some 'tards are suggesting in this thread >>7389177.
>>
>>7403431

Bob's Red Mill seems to have the best of everything.
>>
>>7405932
>>7405941
Oh holy shit I can't read nevermind
>>
>>7404751

I have a 1.5 quart slow cooker and I'll put in 3 cups of H2O and 1 cup of whole milk along w one cup of steel cut oats, set the time (Christmas tree light timer) to kick off on LOW at 10, then cook until 9, so when I get up between 6 and 9, the oatmeal is cooked and delicious. Stir it up.

I like to serve it with a little half and half, some decent local honey and some cinnamon.

Cheap, healthy, tasty... it's really good.
>>
File: Steel Cut Oats (dummy edit 2.0).jpg (684KB, 1186x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Steel Cut Oats (dummy edit 2.0).jpg
684KB, 1186x2000px
>>7405976
kek.
>>
Winco.

Steel cut.

$0.84 a pound
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.