[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jewelery

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: lnwz1392403933.jpg (229KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
lnwz1392403933.jpg
229KB, 500x500px
I want to make the sparkling magical necklace Shana wears in 灼眼のシャナbut with real gold trim, gold flakes, and a nice stone.

What kind of stone should I use? Is there something prettier, shinier, and more transclucent than ruby?
>>
>>9410276
>>
>>9415962
Jesus a ruby how much do you want to spend
>>
>>9415962
>writing the name out in actual characters

Jfc how autistic are you? Sage for this being a fucking useless thread, post in the help thread if you want help. You need to go to an actual jeweler who does custom orders foe something like this. They will answer all of your questions.
>>
File: Ruby_real.jpg (90KB, 1145x1145px) Image search: [Google]
Ruby_real.jpg
90KB, 1145x1145px
Real rubies have too much of a pink undertone to match your ref picture.
I would maybe suggest a garnet or another red gem
>>
You will need an actual lapidarist and jeweller to make it for you. It's not an easy project, and the equipment required alone would cost more than the cost of commissioning it, not to mention the training involved.
>>
Cad jeweler here. If you have the stones measurements and additional reference images like side/back, looking at this right now is rather a simple design.

I'd recommend doing a simple line sketch with front and side views- bring it to a jewelry shop (avoid wholesale stores). Do a hand simple hand sketch copy/trace whatever - some shops frown when a customer brings an image of a finished piece done by someone else. From there, the shops gemologist will recommend or show you what stones they have or can bring.

I wouldn't know about cost - but go through the routine and shop around at different shops, imho if the owner (who doesn't touch the cad/bench work) basically spits out some b$ amount. If you get helped by the actual designer/bench person/owner the price might be more realistic.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.