[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 99

File: 200_s.gif (28KB, 356x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
28KB, 356x200px
Post all your questions here.

For specific queries, check out:
Dumb questions thread
>>9399140
Make-up General
>>9405769
Skincare General
>>9410256
Contact General
>>9389572
Coord Help Thread
>>9369924
>>
Best way to finish a neckline in a very sheer fabric? My googling hasn't given me a very definite answer.
>>
What kind of ribbon do you get that doesn't fray? I made this costume years ago with acetate ribbon and it frayed on not only the cut edge but the sides too. I'm assuming it was just shitty ribbon? It'll be used to tie on a capelet.
>>
>>9411647
I just melt the ends of my ribbon or use fabric glue to stop them.
But if it's something thick do a double seam.
>>
I'm cosplaying as ryu and I need a bag.

however to fit his hobo karate warrior theme I need one of those old school "brown sacks" you just carry behind your shoulder with one arm (think : those 50s-80s cartoons where the kid runs away with that generic brown sack tied with a rope, sometimes it's attached to a stick).

can't find the name, can't find on amazon.
>>
>>9411797
You mean a burlap sack?
>>
>>9411892
Hit post too soon. The bag on a stick is called a bindle.
>>
>>9411892

the burlap sacks I found were kinda shabby and too light brown, looks like it's barely decent enough to carry your groceries.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cotton-Drawstring-selection-modern-colours/dp/B00LRE2Y6Q/ref=sr_1_60?ie=UTF8&qid=1490713514&sr=8-60&keywords=drawstring%2Bbag&th=1

seemed kinda alright if it's pitch black.

and it doesnt look like I just stole one from the grocery store.

>drawstring bag

who the fuck uses a term like that?
>>
File: IMG_1718.jpg (48KB, 668x591px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1718.jpg
48KB, 668x591px
replyin' from last thread

>>>9408887
i don't think it's silk paper, although it does seem to have white/grey fibers imbedded

>>>9408851
i agree it might be some sort of leather, but looking at better screenshots it seems kind of built up? reminds me of foam.

any other materials suggestions from anons for this mask would be appreciated.
>>
File: Mute_turn-around_(colour).jpg (284KB, 1920x1324px) Image search: [Google]
Mute_turn-around_(colour).jpg
284KB, 1920x1324px
Hi nerds. I need help. More of a /k/ person, but I hope you all can help. My sister wants me to go to some comicon thing with her. I agreed, and I'm going as Mute from Rainbow Six Siege. Can anyone help identify this gear, and suggest low-cost alternatives? I already own the mask, which is why I chose to go as Mute. Any help appreciated.
>>
Has anyone ever used that temporary tattoo paper for cosplay? I want to make ellie's sleeve tattoo from the last of us 2, but it's hard to free hand it with my left hand.
If I use setting spray and powder will it stay all day or will it start to flake like temporary tattoos usually do?
>>
>>9411922
i did some research, it seems like its just some base fabric covered in loose fibers of some kind
>>
>>9412054
Well, I think the SAS all wear a sort of blueish-grey jumpsuit under their uniform so that's a starting point to build on. They aren't super gear heavy and Mute only seems to have the vest+pouches, and the leg pouches. Things like the green harness on the legs can be made pretty simply, and black gloves too aren't that hard.

I can't give any gear identifications, but I'd start with looking for similiar vests if you can't make many things yourself. You say you have the mask already so that's good cause it's the most recognizable part of the character.

Maybe make a Mute jammer as a neat prop if you're crafty at all. Good luck, man.
>>
>>9412214
Thanks dude! I'll see if my artsy sister can rig up the harness. What could I make the jammer prop out of?
>>
>>9412057
If you can wait until this weekend I'll report back. Planning on using it for a cosplay soon!
>>
>>9412309
I don't need it until August. I just tend to play way ahead of time with shit like this so I can have plan B
>>
>>9412296
I don't have any ideas myself (prop construction isn't my strong suit) but i'm sure some anons around here can help!

good luck with your Mute, man! I'm putting together Glaz for next year's Ohayocon and it's always nice to see more r6s cosplayers.
>>
File: IMG_5715.jpg (211KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5715.jpg
211KB, 640x640px
I ordered something similar to pic related and the top is all fucky. It came with a clumsily padded top. However, if I were to remove the pads would it effect the structure of the top?
>>
Anyone know a good glue for pla 3d prints?
>>
Any advice for packing down there? I'll be cosplaying Venom soon, and part of the costume is a skin-tight lycra suit. I'm decently /fit/, but my member is sort of small. I don't want any foremans to laugh at me or anything. Should I just pack some socks in there or is there a better way to do it?
>>
>>9412538
Just wear a dancebelt.
>>
>>9412442
Can you post a picture of the top with the padding? it depends on how it looks
>>
>>9412541
I considered it, but that doesn't really give the type of bulge I'm looking for. It gives more of a smooth appearance. I was hoping for something that would really wow the women.
>>
>>9412563
People won't care as much about your penis as you seem to think they do or will.
>>
Anyone got recs for pattern drafting books? Mostly just looking for something that covers the basics for custom measurements (not anything like grading). I've dug up tutorials online here and there but I'd kinda like to get something a little more comprehensive but there are so many books out there it's hard to know what to go for.
>>
File: IMG_5711.jpg (238KB, 1246x1473px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5711.jpg
238KB, 1246x1473px
>>9412557
Terribly cropped picture alert, sorry. I'll take another picture if needed.
>>
File: Skitariiranger1.jpg (87KB, 785x925px) Image search: [Google]
Skitariiranger1.jpg
87KB, 785x925px
Hey I'm trying to go to Anime Blues Con as a Skitarii ranger, and I'm not sure what lore specifics I need to be aware of when trying to make this thing. I actually am rather new to the whole 40k game and I have fallen in love with the Skitarii

Also as material tips and tricks will help out as well
>>
>>9412669
Oh, I'm pretty sure I ordered this exact same cosplay from Taobao (should be coming in soon!). You could try to make an incision from the inside to remove the pads and just sew it back up. I don't think it should change the structure of the top too much.
>>
File: lovestruck_staff_collage.png (490KB, 802x445px) Image search: [Google]
lovestruck_staff_collage.png
490KB, 802x445px
Hi. I'm trying to figure out how to do those spiraly things on the Lovestruck staff from Guild Wars 2.
Metal wire covered with foam? 3d printing? Adding an additional transparent structure to make this thing more sturdy? Other idea?
I don't know what method to use to make sure this thing is not gonna break the first time I go outside.
>>
>>9412806
That's what I'm thinking, along with sewing clear straps on just in the case it does cause some frumpiness.

Also, watch out girl. It came to me reeking of a factory, the fabric is a bit itchy and it's not true to size.
>>
>>9411699
the thing is that the ribbon didn't even fray at the ends but the edges on the sides. i want something that looks nice, doesn't fray, and holds a bow pretty nicely. to save this ribbon i'd have to burn the edges on the entire perimeter of the ribbon, which i guess i could do but i don't know if it's worth it.
>>
>>9412916
3D Printing would give you something super light and sturdy, but it'd be more expensive.
>>
>>9412985
That's... strange. Isn't ribbon meant to be sealed on the edges?
Regardless of what you do, you're gonna need to go the entire perimeter, burning might be quicker than using fabric glue or fray check or something like that
>>
File: Screenshot at Mar 29 02-21-16.png (57KB, 1147x192px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot at Mar 29 02-21-16.png
57KB, 1147x192px
>>9410276
Okay, so this is admittedly a spoon-feeding tier, but I'm going to ask anyway: how the FUCK do I access a deleted thread via archive like the anon says they did in the pic?

I've googled and looked through forums to find my answer as well as looked through the archive linked at the top of the board, but I CANNOT fucking find it and it's driving me up the wall. Where are you people conjuring up deleted posts for your viewing pleasure?
>>
>>9412985
It's fraying width wise? First time hearing something like that DESU. I guess the ribbon is dying and you have to replace it.
I personally always use polyester grosgrain ribbon.

Talking of ribbons, I watched a tutorial a few days ago about kanzashi flowers and she had an amazing tool to seal the petals. Don't know what the name of it but it looks like it's a metal wire with electricity passing through so it becomes hot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y82Df5NxiiY
>>
>>9413078
archived.moe/cgl/
>>
File: giphy.gif (1MB, 480x236px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
1MB, 480x236px
>>9413094
>>
File: bunnywatch_1wKSt9W.jpg (216KB, 1080x874px) Image search: [Google]
bunnywatch_1wKSt9W.jpg
216KB, 1080x874px
Are there any good bunnysuit patterns or tutorials anyone has used before? I've made corsets before and understand the boning aspect of it yet I've still to find a good pattern, and cant drape my own as I don't own a mannequin
>>
Is there going to be a draw thread anytime soon?
Haven't seen one in weeks...
>>
>>9410279
small rolled hem? like we're talking tiny, or use thin-ish binding in the same/similar colour?
>>
Made my EVA foam sword. Should I just paint over it, or should I buy some Worbla?
>>
File: 14e.jpg (239KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
14e.jpg
239KB, 1000x1000px
Hey all! So I'm doing a (cross)play of Mina (pic related) but I'm having a lot of trouble with 2 things.

I don't do cosplays a lot, so I'm not really sure where I could get a wig for the best bang for my buck. I don't have a ton of money to spend on it, but at the same time, I don't want a super cheap wig. Any advice on where to look?

Second, her backpack is a nightmare. I know it's not a great pic to show it, but it's like a duffel bag, but the strap goes across it lengthwise. I was thinking my best bet might be buying a cheap duffel bag and cutting the straps, then manually tying them to make it look right but I'm not sure.

Thanks for any help!
>>
It looks like i need to paint a pair of geta since i've found nothing in the way of red geta in my size. What paint would work best for footwear?
>>
>>9412989
Can a reprap printer be good enough for this kind of job?
>>
My dad wants to cosplay as one punch man. Is there anywhere that sells a decent cosplay and could come in two weeks?
>>
>>9414322
There are many places that sell that costume, but first you have to decide pic related.
>>
>>9412916
Sintra
>>
Anything they can help with how exactly I'll measure this armor out. I have my body dimensions but can't figure out how to do it in a simple way. Thanks for any help
>>
>>9414447
Character model that shows where it all sits
>>
Hey guys, it's not cosplay related, but I want to dye some canvas for a bag because I can't find any in the particular red-orange color I want. I've never dyed fabric before and looked up guides and recs, but I still want your input on some things.
1. Would it be easier for me to find an orange canvas and try to get it to the color I want with a weaker red dye, or would it be better to just get white canvas and mix my own dye to get the color I want?
2. What are some dye brands you'd recommend/not recommend? RIT seems to be the standard, and they've got a very nice mixing guide on their site. I've already checked reviews and such elsewhere, but I wanted to get your guys' input
>>
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I was wondering if it was plausible to dye a wig this color entirely black? I've never dyed a wig before.

I own this wig in the same color and the style is perfect for a character I want to cosplay except the character has jet black hair. Thank you!
>>
>>9413472
You could buy a guitar strap for the dufflebag and replace that. They're that length for back-strapping.
For the wig, it's a little pricey but see how you feel about this one:
https://www.arda-wigs.com/products/imladris-classic?variant=27836738694
You'd need to dip dye and paint ofc.
>>
File: 632766084.jpg (576KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
632766084.jpg
576KB, 683x1024px
I'm cosplaying shia labeouf but I'm having a tonne of trouble finding the jacket under his denim one. What the fuck, searching wool button jacket results in nothing like it, I can't seem to find a cream/white button, thick jacket. It's driving me mad.
I'll be creating the pattern on it so I just need a light coloured thick jacket.
>>
>>9410276

What would be a great character to cosplay for me?

*Not extremely obscure source
*Short Male (Around 5'5")
*Im on my perfect healthy weight
*Working on getting fit lately
*Im White, Dark Straight Hair (I could switch color i guess)
*Can grow good full beard (cant go extreme lumberjack because work.).
>>
File: 1393710436916.png (291KB, 500x486px) Image search: [Google]
1393710436916.png
291KB, 500x486px
So I want to cosplay Gwyndolin from Dark Souls, I plan on making the whole thing from scratch with white silk and gold filigree, expensive I know but it's going to be a long term project.
I have a few concerns/questions.
The crown, what material should I make it out of? I was considering some kind of hard ceramic and painting it gold, being extra careful with it, is there a better way to handle this?
Obviously I don't have snakes for legs, my options are to go for some kind of faux snakes strapped to my legs but I worry those will drag around, I feel like snakeskin high heel boots would look better despite not actually being what he wears, thoughts?
The catalyst, I considered the Gold Ritual Spear from Dark Souls 3 but it's too long and, honestly, way too shiny, plus it would be way too expensive to have a golden spear in made in that shape, even if it's just gold leaf. So I considered the Tin Darkmoon Catalyst from Dark Souls 1, Gwyndolin wields it, it's not as shiny, but it's easier to move it around and it's a more reasonable commission, as I can't actually work the metal myself. I can sew silk and embroider gold filigree but actual metal work would be beyond me. Do you think it would be worth the money and effort to have the Gold Ritual Spear over the Tin Catalyst? I'm not worrying about the longbow it's far too intricate and big to carry around and I'm making the silk talisman anyway.
Also for anyone who knows sewing and the outfit I'm attempting to make, any tips for the hem of the outfit? Sleeves, gloves, skirt, etc,
>>
File: Diego.Brando.full.1555544.jpg (331KB, 605x750px) Image search: [Google]
Diego.Brando.full.1555544.jpg
331KB, 605x750px
What's a beginner-friendly way to make Diego's cap in a way that it fits over a wig? I have very basic sewing skills and never used foam.
>>
>>9414347
>>9412916
Sintra is good, but you'll need more than that. Sintra doesn't hold organic curves well, you'd need to supplant it with bondo and apoxie sculpt.

Basically, build it in three parts
The shaft
The glowing heart
and the wire details.

The shaft can be whatever, glowing heart will most likely be some sort of fancy electrical setup, you can 3d print it. The wires will be thin sintra, but not bent. Rather, cut out their profiles and just go with that, sintra doesn't take bending well.

>>9412527
Just epoxy bro

>>9412669
Christ woman where is your navel
This outfit just seems terribly ill fitting.

>>9414450
>>9414447
Blender has a ruler feature. Measure your body and apply it over. Then do some basic math.

>>9415149
Are you a boy, or a girl?
And honestly I think the Aldrich version is much more interesting to cosplay. And Easier.
>>
>>9415373
I'm a boy.
I don't like Aldritch because I like Gwyndolin.
>>
>>9414447
These look pretty thin, dyou know what material you're printing in?

>>9415043
>>9354342
>>
>>9415373
Thanks a lot anon for all the details.
So with Sintra the spiral details don't need a metal wire skeleton to hold itself? Sounds cool.
ngl, I'm kind of scare to not be able to do both side symmetrical. Those parts are quite thin.
>>
>>9413083
I thought about grosgrain, I'm just concerned about the texture looking weird. I don't think the ribbon I had was old because it was fraying the day I started using it, but it was probably clearance or something for a reason haha.
>>
File: Scholar_FFXIV_Art_2.jpg (388KB, 1237x668px) Image search: [Google]
Scholar_FFXIV_Art_2.jpg
388KB, 1237x668px
Does anyone have any suggestions for base patterns for the FFXIV Scholar? I know I won't find any exact patterns, but something to start from would be sooo helpful
>>
>>9415032
>https://www.arda-wigs.com/products/imladris-classic?variant=27836738694
That looks really good for a wig, but im Canadian so 65 USD is brutal with exchange rate. If i cant find another it might be my best bet though

And the guitar strap thing is a super good idea, thanks!
>>
>>9413100
Yaya's one is pretty good. Her body dooesn't do it much justice.
>>
File: s-l1000.jpg (45KB, 455x604px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1000.jpg
45KB, 455x604px
I feel so stupid. I want to do a cosplay of a white mage from Final Fantasy, but i cannot find just a plain white cloak. I was planning on either sewing or fabric painting on the triangles myself, I'm just having trouble finding a good cloak to use as a base
>>
>>9415743
Cloaks aren't very hard to make. Look for historical patterns to find one with a hood.

If you really don't want to sew, you might also look at renaissance faire garb sites, they'll have stuff that looks like this.
>>
>>9415451
Sintra isn't very good for small details either. Personally if it was up to me, I'd prefer to use things like styrene sheet, but that's VERY difficult to work with so it's probably not good for a beginner. Lots of heat forming and such. Maybe try worbla or something? Though I doubt it'd be as smooth.

>>9415376
Aldrich is just a cooler guy. Some fatass who decides to eat a ladyboy and turns into a god. That's DEEP, man.
>>
>>9415392
I've got my hands on EVA foam. So I'm just trying to cut out basic shapes then shape it to the desired design
>>
Do waterslide decals work on glass? If not, what's the best way to put a decal on a glass bottle (I'm not drinking out of it and its a tiny little vial)
Should I try to stick it to the inner wall?
>>
How do i get alerts about new releases and pre orders? Do brands have a mailing list or something that I am just not finding?
>>
>>9416140
Follow them on social media, everything is posted there.
>>
>>9415373
Only issue with Blender Is that I found that picture on Google. So I'm trying to figure out the square size from the picture. Or is there another way
>>
>>9415838
I don't like him specifically because he ate the ladyboy
>>
>>9415872
Oh you're not printing? My mistake.
There's something like a cosplay scale tool, so it proportions the things on the character to your measurements. That'll help.
>>
>>9415582
Go to Joanns if you live in the states and go through their pattern sample books to find what you need.
>>
>>9415153
All you can really do is make a mockup of the hat and try it on with the wig. Or use a hat pattern with elastic in the back.
>>
>>9415149
I don't really have a gauge on your skill level and the only approach I can think of that doesn't involve a lost of sculpting and casting is AK Wirru's worbla tutorials

http://amenokitarou.tumblr.com/post/92540513125/the-ultimate-double-tutorial-foam-worbla-sword
>>
>>9415734
I'll check it out, thanks
>>
>>9414345
fast and good, ideally
>>
>costume has no pockets

would you recommend a neck strap wallet? or a body wallet which I attach on my calves (cause what retard will want a tumour-like bulge on their mid section when wearing form fitting clothing?)

I mean, I will carry a small bag, but no one could possibly be retarded enough to put their money, credit card and identification in that, right?
>>
>>9417233
It really depends on the costume and a ref would have been helpful. If you have long sleeves there's wrist wallets that are literally just spandex pockets with a zipper that slip under sleeves without a problem. Sometimes I can work a pocket into the top of my boots if there's enough clearance. When in ball gowns a fanny pack fits fine under all the petti it just takes awhile to get stuff out.
>>
File: help pls.png (981KB, 868x886px) Image search: [Google]
help pls.png
981KB, 868x886px
So I'm a guy looking into lolita (would probably wear a cough mask or something) and have some questions about sizing. My measurements are 37/34/40 (I used to be heavier so I have some chub on the stomach though and I plan on lowering my bf% so that would reduce). I was looking at pic related.

Should I go with the XL or the XXL?
Friend said I should go with the XXL and have it taken in.
>>
File: uhmmm.jpg (111KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
uhmmm.jpg
111KB, 600x800px
Hey guys, I'll have a con in 3 weeks, but I don't want to menstruate. I'm planning to delay it a week with pills. How stupid am I or what considerations should I have?
>>
>>9417449

As a girl, I'd go for the smaller size myself, waists are squishy and body shapewear will help trim that one inch.

If you're worried the measurements might be off, or your rib cage can't be squished, or worried the cut doesn't quite fit, it makes sense to get the bigger skirt and tailor it smaller.
>>
>>9416457
I can sculpt and cast, I was asking what kind of material for the crown mostly. I don't want to make it out of foam as I feel that won't look or feel as nice as a metal crown, so I was wondering a good lightweight metal that looks vaguely gold or if I should just get tin and paint it?
>>
>>9417666
People do this for functions all the time. Just try not to make a habit of it and let yourself go naturally after the con
>>
>>9417666
My friend says she would eat lemon to stop her period. Mind you were mexican so eatinga raw ass lemon like an orange is just something we do. I've never tried it myself but she says it's super effective.
>>
>>9417666
I've done it multiple times, you'll be fine
>>
>>9417736
tailoring makes me nervous cause im a dude and would have to go o a shop.
Also sometimes my weight fluctuates (but not enough to change my size)
>>
>>9417790
Omg no that's how you jack up your enamel something fierce :(
>>
>>9417790
Couldn't you just get the same effect by drinking pure lemon juice?
>>
>>9417790
>>9417830
Honestly I don't see how consuming lemon could delay your menstruation. Unless a spike of acidity in your body somehow messes with your hormone balance. But I can't imagine a single lemon could achieve that

>>9417666
Don't worry about 1 extra week of taking your pills, you'll be fine. My doctor actually advised me to take 3 strips and only then stop for a week to avoid migraines.
>>
>>9417810

Well how squishy are your waist and ribcage area? If some shapewear can reduce it by an inch or so then you're fine with the smaller size. Use a waist cincher.

Otherwise you either have to suck it up and face the tailor, or else pick a different skirt.
>>
how am i supposed to make tight fitting armor gauntlets (using worbla) to fit over my hand and still be tight?
>>
>>9417890
*nods* I could lose weight to...
>>
Just received Sugar Bouquet shirring OP. The color is supposed to be off-white, but it's more a color in between that and ivory (yet not quite either). I know it's from 2004, but is that normal for older pieces or did the last owner just do a shit care job?
>>
File: serval-kemono.jpg (327KB, 1580x772px) Image search: [Google]
serval-kemono.jpg
327KB, 1580x772px
I browsed Closet Child Yokohama's twitter page and found my dream dress. Can I message them directly to get the dress or should I use some kind of shopping service? Thanks for helping a noob
>>
>>9418073
You should use an in-store shopping service for that. I'm pretty sure Tenshi Shop does it though I don't know which branches she can buy from, and you can also try Accio Tokyo.
>>
I want to make a Hollow Knight cosplay What should I use to make his head. What would be a better way to make it than chicken wire and paper mache?
>>
>>9418545
EVA foam and worbla, or skip the worbla and just use plastidip.
>>
File: received_10155387607944162.jpg (70KB, 477x649px) Image search: [Google]
received_10155387607944162.jpg
70KB, 477x649px
Some basic questions and opinions for a costume I'm starting early.
Boots: should they be shiny/wet look? Or spandex/Lycra like the rest of the suit? And what is the best way to go about the yellow "V" stripes?
Feet: would plushie material be weird for the toes? I saw it in a cosplay and it looked okay. Stuffed latex/pleather with wet look? Not sure what would look best.
Wrist, Belt, & chest harness: they are fairly thick. What might be the best material? A think, leather looking foam? I'd have to make it match the gloves, so maybe fitting a pleather material over foam pieces for the bulk?

And most important question that is really the only one I'm looking for a solid answer to. Best way to approach the body suit? I've never dealt with stripes on Lycra/spandex and don't know if it would be best to sow green to black to green again, for the four stripes, or add stripes onto an existing green suit. I'm thinking bias tape would be good for the thin yellow stripes. Anyone who's had experience with stripes on a body suit, I'd appreciate your input.
>>
File: tumblr_ojpqo1IiQy1sb52hlo1_1280.jpg (272KB, 1280x745px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ojpqo1IiQy1sb52hlo1_1280.jpg
272KB, 1280x745px
>>9418577
A wet look could be cool since your character is a frog. I'd approach them like boot covers, sewing the v design right in there.

For the toes, I would avoid something fuzzy since it's a frog. Pic is stuffed vinyl feet from Shagpoke Studios. Notice how she top stitched the seams on the tops of the toes. That helps keep the seam from puckering when it's stuffed. Don't use spandex for the toes, it will pill and show dirt very easily and be difficult to clean.
>>
>>9418614
Thanks a bunch! I definitely agree the wetlook makes sense. I can make a V cutout for the boot cover and sow the yellow v right in. Sounds easiest as well as would hold up best.

And thanks again for your advice for the feet. I'll look for something similar to what shagpoke used and see if I can work a topstich into the toes shape.
>>
>>9418084
tenshi doesn't buy from CC in person unless she's travelling
>>
Where is the nerd anime capital of America?
>>
File: Tamatoa.png (2MB, 1842x1608px) Image search: [Google]
Tamatoa.png
2MB, 1842x1608px
I'm pale as fuck. Can I still cosplay Tamatoa without cries of racism? I mean, he's a crab, but he's Polynesian inspired.
>>
>>9418790
unfortunately not. you cant cosplay anything "outside of your race" unless you're black.
>>
>>9418790
You can cosplay anything, just don't try to make yourself look like a different race with makeup.
>>
>>9418803
Not planning to do that, just a bit of purple and a lot of gold makeup.
>>
not sure if this really belongs here but I didnt want to make a new thread just for such a question but I plan on cosplaying some characters that requires you to completely cover up your entire head (i.e. kamen rider/power ranger helmets and masks that covers everything up)

how do you guys deal with not really being able to see or hear things around you? do you guys just try to avoid walking around a lot or something?
I would hate to just constantly have to take off whatever im wearing all the time but I guess that might be the only option.
>>
File: Cosplay Photographers.jpg (111KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
Cosplay Photographers.jpg
111KB, 800x533px
How does a cosplayer get in touch with "cosplay photographers"? Today my friend and I were at a con and there was a whole section of photographers with lights, reflectors etc. Though we have both been cosplaying for a while we are starting to take our hobby more seriously and our designs and skills to more professional level, so we also eventually want to get more professional pictures of costumes taken. This is just the part we aren't sure about. Is it as easy as walk up and ask for pictures? Do we book a time before hand? Pay?

I have also seen people talk about a difference between east coast and west coast photographers. I'm also interested in the difference there.
>>
>>9418999
Facebook con groups is usually the place to look first. Occasionally you can find photographers on Tumblr/twitter/instagram but Facebook is the best place to find one. And yes, you typically book a time and pay beforehand.
>>
File: MaeBorowski.png (19KB, 284x344px) Image search: [Google]
MaeBorowski.png
19KB, 284x344px
Hey guys, I need some ideas on wigs for the character Mae Brorowski from NITW since I don't wanna go the fursuit route (since ehhh not keen on doin that in summer)

And also I'm not totally sure how I'd go about making her shirt when I have nearly 0 sewing skills. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>9418945
Make vision holes where they would not be visible else. Also making space/holes that are on the bottom of the mask/helm are very useful, as you can see your feet still and they are not visible at all to the outside.
And make sure it is easy to take off and on, you will want to take it off for heat/looking anyway and be able to put it on quick for a picture

Some heads/helms/masks are very useful to put on top of your head instead of covering your head, so you are more wearing it like a headdress and you use a black mask to hide your face. Mostly only suitable for big cosplays and big shoulders
>>
>>9413389
Have a you sanded it? I would take some fine sandpaper and go over it to smooth it all out before applying paint.
>>
File: il_570xN.746130278_cim2.jpg (62KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.746130278_cim2.jpg
62KB, 480x640px
Planning on making a mask. However, I want to make one that isn't your shitty run of the mill paper mache mask. I would like to make the mask similar to pic related, except I would rather not have all 4 carved out, and only 2 for my eyes. The mask also wouldn't have the LEDs, I would just paint it, along with no discs in the center.

How would I go about making it? What would I use to shape it while I form it, and what material would I use?
>>
>>9419678
SINTRA
I
N
T
R
A
>>
File: chrome_2017-04-02_19-02-56.png (776KB, 695x547px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2017-04-02_19-02-56.png
776KB, 695x547px
i found this liz lisa dress at goodwill for $6.49 and was wondering if anyone could help me ID it (or tell me if it's even real) thanks! and sorry if this isnt the best place to ask.
>>
So I basically used the wrong type of modge podge on my prop. I used the regular sheen type instead of matte. If I were to go over it with the matte, would that actually work? Or am I fucked?
>>
>>9419678
you can try a pepakura base and then go over it with fiberglass resin and bondo.
>>
>>9419678
>>9419837
Fuck, no, come on. It's such a simple shape, pepakura is for helmets and shit. Sintra is a good option, It's also sold as foamed pvc. Please don't heat it in your oven like some tutorials will tell you!! Heat it outside with a heat gun so you don't get cancer. L200 is also an option, but you better be good at gluing seams.
>>
>>9419820
Yeah it will probably work. Why don't you just test it out on a piece of scrap material?
>>9419021
I interpreted the shirt as a t-shirt over a long sleeved shirt, so I don't think you need to do any sewing, just buying. The design would look best if you silk screen it on, but that's a real money sink. You can make a quick and dirty stencil with freezer paper, shelf liner or contact paper. Then just sponge some fabric paint on there. Practice on scraps, though if it looks kinda shitty that will help it look more punk.
>>
I'm cosplaying a character with fangs and would like to use fake fangs to put on my canines. The problem is I don't have one of mine. My adult tooth is impacted and never came down. Is there a type of fangs I can buy that don't have to attach to a tooth? Any suggestions are helpful.
>>
>>9419852
hey buddy it was just a suggestion. i know it's world autism awareness day but chill.
there's already pep files for that specific mask and shit, so it's a viable and effective method to do it.
>>
>>9419860
Because I'm an idiot, man. Thank you, though.
>>
File: tumblr_nyebqpHrMN1u0mlewo1_1280.jpg (277KB, 1280x829px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nyebqpHrMN1u0mlewo1_1280.jpg
277KB, 1280x829px
Hey sword-making anons! I'm trying to make the sword on the left, but I don't have much experience with props. Considering how thin and long the blade is, what should I use to make it so that it doesn't snap? MDF board? Or would I be able to sandwich a wooden dowel inside foam sides?

Suggestions for the swirly hand guard parts would be appreciated too. Will worbla that thin break or crack if I try to sand it? Is there anything less expensive that I can use?
>>
>>9420239
I think the blade would be amazing using this method : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcDCZ2TmTck
>>
Is Worbla the best kind of thermoplastic? I need to make pic related's shield.
>>
>>9420005
You get an extra set of the fangs and McGuyver up a fake "tooth" for the fang to stick to, and use the same glue to stick the fake "tooth" to the two on either side of it.

>>9420317
Comes down to personal preference.
>>
File: CtY95z4XEAAnAmR.jpg (23KB, 217x751px) Image search: [Google]
CtY95z4XEAAnAmR.jpg
23KB, 217x751px
I'm a complete fabric noob and I'm trying to find some kind of fabric that would look good for You's sweatpants.

I've found plain cotton in the exact same colour I need, would that do? What about jersey stretch polyester?
>>
>>9412057
>>9412311
Reporting back! I used temporary tattoo paper to do a large colorful design on my face. I used the "Silhouete Temporary Tattoo Paper" from Amazon. I buy two sheets and printed two copies. The directions were pretty clear and I got pretty good prints of both copies. I applied the adhesive paper, although I got some bubbles. When I applied it to my face, I had a spot on each side that didn't pull away from the transfer paper cleanly and left me with a big hole in my design. On my designs, I was able to disguise the hole with paint. I'm not sure how I could have prevent to the holes.

The edges of the tattoo, especially around places like the sides of my nose and eye brows , pull away a little bit initially, but I was able to stick them down with a little water. The paper was a little shiny, but I applied setting powder and it photographed beautifully.
>>
File: page 2025.jpg (516KB, 841x1190px) Image search: [Google]
page 2025.jpg
516KB, 841x1190px
Going to try my hand at cosplaying Dark Fina, I'm pretty sure I know what to do for most of this but I'm not sure how I'm going to get the silver pieces on her armbands done. My thoughts are some detailed craft foam work + a resin gem but does anyone else have thoughts on how I could make them?
>>
File: Wrestler_main_img03_off.jpg (130KB, 460x616px) Image search: [Google]
Wrestler_main_img03_off.jpg
130KB, 460x616px
I'm gonna go meet my favorite wrestlers a few months from now and I want to cosplay as pic related, any ideas and what materials you think his cape is made out of?
>>
>>9420555
Try searching for "sweatshirt fleece" or "French terry." But you could also just tailor purchased sweat pants and use material cut from the bottom to make the cuffs. By "plain cotton" do you mean something woven? You risk making pants that look more like scrubs than sweatpants.
>>
File: tumblr_ohs3g5HFZ91taw260o1_500.png (255KB, 500x638px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ohs3g5HFZ91taw260o1_500.png
255KB, 500x638px
what is the best way to paint plastic?

i have a pair of old plastic roller blades.

i've read multiple places saying sanding the plastic and spraypaint is the best route, but i tried this, and i can still scratch it off with my fingernail.

the spraypaint im using is rustoleum 2X
>>
File: NEDQCOeN8RTRID_1_1.jpg (157KB, 900x1012px) Image search: [Google]
NEDQCOeN8RTRID_1_1.jpg
157KB, 900x1012px
This is a long-shot, but I have a convention in about 3 months and want to do a cosplay of Pennywise from the new IT film but I have no idea where to even start? ANY help, AT all would be appreciated
>>
>>9420861
Thanks! Luckily the design I'm trying to do is just black, so if anything gets messed up I can definitely use some eyeliner to fix ti.
I'll give it a shot, then.
>>
>>9421089
Sand the finish right off. You want them to have no remaining paint on them at all. This will take a long time and lots of sandpaper. Once that is done, you will need to use a good primer. After that, your paint of choice, and when that is all done, use a sealant spray.
>>
>>9421157
For the bulk of the costume, go to your local fabric store and look through the pattern books. You may have to mix and match some pieces, but you should find most of the parts in the historical costume sections.
For the boots, I would suggest a pair of wrestling boots and some leather dye to get the right color.
Wig work is not an area I excel in, so you'll have to get help from someone else with that part.
>>
I just got a cosplay in the mail and the seller sent me an XL instead of the L I ordered. I can bring in the rest of it ok, but I am stuck with how to bring in the shoulders since they droop off my real shoulders about 1 1/2". Does anyone know how to fix this? I have about two months before the con
>>
>>9421320
if you have two months, why not just contact the seller and have them replace it with the correct size?
>>
>>9420953
Craft foam and resin is a good idea, light weight and inexpensive.

You could get them cast and use glass for that real look but I'd recommend against it
>>
>>9420248
Thanks! I don't have access to some of those tools but I'll try it out.
>>
>>9421326
I would, but unfortunately I've already made alterations to the sleeves and waist. I just can't seem to figure out the shoulders without cutting them off completly and re attaching them
>>
Fuck it, I give up on my half assed gluing attempts and non-sewing skills. (I'm not mad, just annoyed I even tried and wasted the time and money). Can someone point me to some trust worthy commissioners? Looking for people who can work with leather, need a fancy wig, aaaand foam of some sorts to make light armor.

P&T.
>>
File: qxEFgn9GiVA.jpg (125KB, 810x1080px) Image search: [Google]
qxEFgn9GiVA.jpg
125KB, 810x1080px
What type of lightning materials should I use? At first I thought about LED wire, but it's makes a dumb effect of a bunch of single LED and basically glowing dots, then I thought about EL wire, but not sure it'll glow strong enough to make a clear lighting cover without showing a pattern of wire used. Didn't have any expirience with such a big area needing for lightning, so will be glad to hear any comments.
>>
For Tohru's tail what would be a better idea? I have three options I was thinking of taking. 1) Sew thick scales (fabric around foam) and create a cartoony tail, 2) sew a tail as the two pieces (top and bottom) but paint accordingly or 3) buy scale fabric and just work with that.

Which is best?
>>
File: squam1.jpg (52KB, 725x458px) Image search: [Google]
squam1.jpg
52KB, 725x458px
>>9421810
Scale fabric sound best. Also you could sew in some metal scales, but it'd make it heavy.
>>
>>9421645
Unfortunately when you use LED it'll always have dots. You can either cram in more and add some sort of thick plastic to diffuse it so the light "blends" to the naked eye... or line them on the inside at 45º-90º with reflective material to bounce and dilute the beams outward.

>will be glad to hear any comments.

I want you so bad pls be single. ;_;
>>
File: Untitled.png (5KB, 634x290px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
5KB, 634x290px
>>9421810
i would make felt (2-3mm) scales and sew them on fabric, then make a tail out of that.

>>9421838
i line it on the inside on an angle too then put reflective material behind it and behind the hole, and plastic layer over the hole
>>
Does Closetchild mark down items for customs if you ask? I don't want to spend £300 and get stuck with a massive customs fee. I've done it before but was wondering if any gulls have tried it with closetchild
>>
what petticoat length would be best for most of AP's dresses? 40 cm, 45 cm, 50 cm?
>>
I want to do a cosplay that has lights throughout, in the shirt, hat, gloves, shoes etc.

How do I hide a batterty pack in a glove though? The gloves don't really go past the wrists.

Also, where to find cheap 12V battery packs? Since I need to split the groups (hat, shoes, gloves, body) I'll need 6 at least right? (I'd be happy to hear better ideas)
>>
>>9422311
Look for 23A batteries and battery slots on amazon. The batteries are very small and can more easily be hidden.
>>
File: stonersenseiref.jpg (242KB, 700x980px) Image search: [Google]
stonersenseiref.jpg
242KB, 700x980px
Not related to the other BnHA costume, but how would CGL recommend make this guys scarves/bands so it looks like A Mass Of Heavy Ribbons and not "i cut some strips of fabric and draped it around my neck, voila." I was thinking sandwiching strips of heavy vinyl inbetween the fabric to keep them smooth? Is there something else? Like plastic paneling or wide boning?
I don't want it to look like limp shapeless fabric.
>>
>>9422330
You want interfacing. It comes in different weights so you can get the shape you want.
>>
>>9422344
Interfacing I'm afraid is still going to give me that crusty sort of wrinkly you sometimes see with the heavy stuff on curves. But Thanks!! yeah, it's not out of the picture. Do you reckon I should go with iron-on or nonfusible?
>>
>>9422368
I think you can avoid that sort of texture if you get a lighter weight of interfacing. You're essentially talking about doing the same thing with vinyl anyway, you might as well use the product intended for that purpose.
I personally prefer iron on, but non-fusible may give you the look you're going for.
>>
Is there something I can attach to my sewing machine to cut things with? I noticed the up down motion of the needle was similar to a wood cutter so I was wondering if I can replace the needle with an exacto knife blade to cut sintra easier.
>>
>>9422368
You only get that if you iron it to the wrong side. You can iron it so only the back parts facing you adhere to the ironing bits. Pretty much any kind of light stiff material can work though like foam sheets or poster board padded with felt.
>>
File: 05910c72d39c7eb.jpg (566KB, 1206x736px) Image search: [Google]
05910c72d39c7eb.jpg
566KB, 1206x736px
>>9422439
>>9422381

I do appreciate the feedback and now I know something more about interfacing. But I really am just scratching my head on how some cosplayers (attached) get this wicked smooth finish, because it doesn't look like interfacing or photoshop witchcraft to me. HeatnBond on to the posterboard like second seagull said?
>>
>>9422445
Judgin by the very right edge of the right photo there's a seam going through the middle back of the strips. This means the fabric was sewn in a tube shape, turned inside out and had something flat and flexible shoved in there.
>>
>>9422455
>something flat and flexible shoved in there.

Yeh, that's what I was polling the crowd to try and suss out what that might be in my first question. When I said I was thinking vinyl, I don't mean flimsy fashion vinyl, I meant more like the 80- clear industrial stuff.
>>
>>9415153
you can get cheap equitation-like hats on aliexpress, and remove the inside structure thing so it fits over your wig
>>
>>9422311
i recommend using jacks so you can disconnect gloves from the rest of your top but you still use the powersupply from the top.

>>9422435
that's some mad shit, get a hot knife instead or good exacto knives

>>9422593
i would use thick felt instead and cover it in fabric
>>
>>9422445
Fabric choice would be key to getting that really smooth finish. Generally scuba knit and similar fabrics have that kind of look to them, but they're generally pretty heavy and I can't imagine it would be comfortable having meters of heavy stretch knit wrapped around your neck.
I'd say research fabric choices, and when making it, try cut along the bias so it'll prevent ripples etc. when it's sewn. A decent weight interfacing should be enough to hold it's shape- Craft foam/vinyl would be thicker and more awkward than you'd expect. You'll wind up with something similar to the right pic, which honestly, doesn't look that good. It's too stiff and won't allow for the slight drape the left pic has.
Also, remember that left pic is a photo shoot, and there was probably touch-up to remove any creases in the fabric. Good luck anon!
>>
>>9422329
Thanks, will look into it.

>>9422953
The problem is that the arms are bare (basically tanktop + gloves), so I'd have nowhere to hide a wire.
>>
>>9423015
in that case i would use cr2032 batteries and battery casing in the gloves (hopefully you have room in the cuffs, you can press the switch right through the fabric and add some velcro to access the batteries later), theyre 3v and should power most common leds without even needing resistors. Not 12v led strips though
>>
>>9422953
Exacto knives are so tiring, I just wanted to cut things faster.
>>
Can someone help me pick out a wig for this character? I've always had trouble matching colors. I was thinking the sandy brown but I want a second opinion first.
https://www.arda-wigs.com/collections/short-wigs/products/jett-classic?variant=27836326918
https://www.arda-wigs.com/collections/short-wigs/products/jett-classic?variant=27836326918
>>
>>9423280
Get a utility knife then or a hobby saw.
>>
does anybody here know what character/source this cosplay is?
>>
>>9419852
>>9419678
Don't use sintra. Sintra isn't good for curves like this.

Just 3D print that shit. That way you know for sure it's symmetrical.

>>9420248
>>9420239
THIS is what you use sintra for. The guard can be made from worbla/sytrene, build a dome out of clay and heat mold strips over it.

>>9420317
Don't use worbla then. Use sintra or some other foam, or just wood.

>>9420953
Apoxie sculpt is your best bet for that level of detail. But honestly you can just half-ass it, people won't notice something that small.

>>9421089
Are you planning to actually ride on them? If so, then nothing will work, the paint will just scrape off.

Otherwise, sand the paint off, soak it in some light solvent for a few hours, like rubbing alcohol, let it dry, then prime it and paint it, leaving 24 hours in between for the paint/primer to cure. After that, you can dip it in future floor polish for a glassy, protective coat that prevents scratches.

>>9421645
>>9421838
>>9421848
Depends on the project, really. If pic related is what you're trying to do, the best bet is just to use LED's with a lot of softening. reflectors aren't great due to their tendency to create patches, a much better option is to use a filter to soften the light. Get some plexiglass, sand it with fine grit sandpaper and then spraypaint one side of it white. Cover the lights with that.

>>9421810
Your pic looks good enough. Cartoony is probably the best way to go.

Otherwise, if you wanna go all out, some vinyl or rubber scales covering a scaffold could give it a nice 3D look.
>>
File: image.jpg (194KB, 1152x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
194KB, 1152x2048px
What would you call this type of jacket?
>>
>>9423760
Cheongsam
>>
File: f40651f1e9d6ac.png (168KB, 600x543px) Image search: [Google]
f40651f1e9d6ac.png
168KB, 600x543px
>>9422953
>>9422979

Thank you very much for the advice and feedback! I feel so much better bouncing ideas off seagulls than just staring at piles of fabric. I'm not sure what the exact solution is yet, but I've got a few good plans to experiment with and we'll see what works.
>>
What is a good material to use to imitated metal that is lightweight but still feels solid. I've considered foam but im not sure if it would feel "hard" enough.

I have this plastic crystal like thing i made out of bits of clear plastic glued together. The inside is hollow. What material should i use to fill it up? The crystal is not that strong so i need to fill it with something lightweight but hard and sticks to plastic
>>
>>9421344
Glass probably would get the beautiful shine right but seems a little too expensive. Thanks though, anon.
>>9423421
I've never even heard of apoxie before now, I'll take a look at it. Thank you, anon!
>>
File: screenlg1_zpsb2aedf99.jpg (355KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
screenlg1_zpsb2aedf99.jpg
355KB, 1000x562px
>>9423421
i am >>9421089

no, im not planning on riding them, because skates are not allowed at the con im going to. i decided im going to fix the wheels in place and shave off the bottom of them so that they are easier to walk around on. i'll be walking in them for as long as i can bear before my feet begin to ache so bad that i cant take it anymore.

what if i want a matte finish? i feel like a glassy finish would pop out too much. the bright yellow will already pop, and a glossy/glassy finish will amplify this more than i feel like i want. his skates in the game aren't any more shiny than his pants/shirt.
>>
File: snake.png (694KB, 865x638px) Image search: [Google]
snake.png
694KB, 865x638px
Hey guys, i dont have much experience with armor so sorry for the dumb question. im trying to make snake man from megaman 3 and i dont know how to reinforce the helmet, i was thinking of first putting on a thin layer of plaster strips and then continuing with paper mache, or maybe just use the paper mache from the beginning. (fiber glass or any other material like that is off question, thats really expensive here) what would you suggest?
>>
>>9423421
To clarify, you're saying I should use sintra for the blade of the sword with the method in >>9420248? Thanks for the advice! I will try out worbla for the hand guard.
>>
Making a faun outfit for an upcoming larp event and I was wondering if anyone knows a) what kind of foam is most suitable to make padding for digi legs that gives you the most movement (running) and b) any trustworthy taobao fake fur distributers - thanks
>>
can you use/ is it recommended to use a hot knife/heat knife on sintra?
>>
>>9424071
Do you like to breath in deadly fumes? :^)
>>
I just have a general question about wearing a foam helmet after doing all the little work to it. Do I have to worry about any resulting fumes or residue from all the sprays and concrete cement I used? I'm letting it air out for a good 48 hours, but want to make sure what the safety is of wearing it while breathing in the smell of it.
>>
File: Magnum-AR023-FRONT.jpg (66KB, 532x800px) Image search: [Google]
Magnum-AR023-FRONT.jpg
66KB, 532x800px
Decided to make a last minute Rin (love live) cosplay, and Arda is sold out of pretty much every wig option I was going for.
Do you guys think a Magnum in Fire orange would work for her? I have yet to try this style and color. Or, alternately, a wig that would work that could ship within the US in under a week
>>
>>9424123
How long do you usually have to wait on back order items from Arda?
>>
>>9424139
i dunno, but my cons next weekend, not gonna risk it
>>
>>9424106
No shit, that doesn't answer my question. I got a respirator mask & I do my work outside.
So, is it recommended or not?
>>
>>9424123
was also thinking of salmon. not sure which colors better
>>
>>9424188
It's not really necessary and you might fuck up your edges. It cuts fine with an xacto (or utility knife for larger simple pieces). Just take a few passes, you'll never cut through it all in one go.

If you have access to a scrollsaw or bandsaw it goes through it like butter, but I can say from experience that a bandsaw leaves a rough edge. Good thing sintra is super easy to sand.
>>
>>9423898
No problem. It's cheap, plentiful, but toxic as hell. Use gloves and wear a mask.

>>9423924
If you're gonna walk on them, try thinking about it in another light. Don't subject your feet to torture for no reason. Build the wheels up so that they're flat and wide on the bottom, that way you have some form of stability. Basically, think of it as walking on trapezoids. You're gonna paint them anyways, might as well.

If you want a matte finish, just spraypaint some matte coat instead of the future polish. Not as good protection, but that's generally what you get from a matte coat. Alternatively, you can but some REALLY fine sandpaper, like 500-1000 grit, and just buff the future polish.

>>9424022
Yes. The blade is always the easiest part, the hilt and shit is harder. Gonna take some heat forming.

>>9423971
Ugh, cardboard.
Best advice is to throw that away and start over using EVA foam or something. Barring that, paper mache.

>>9423895
Sintra. Find a nice chrome paint.

And as for the gem, fill it with crumpled wax paper. It will diffuse the light in an interesting way. You can also try tissues and foil for different effects.

>>9424071
>>9424106
>>9424188
>>9424210
Don't. Sintra is PVC foam. It will burn.

Use a small hand saw to make big cuts, a x-acto knife or another sharp knife to cut bevels and seams. Sintra is ultimately a foam, but it's very stiff. You can use sandpaper to get perfect edges.

If you want to apply heat, use hot water or a heat gun to bend it. Don't use a heated blade.

>>9424107
Give it around 3-4 days in a dry place to rest and let the paint and chemicals cure. You'll be fine then. If not, you fucked up somewhere and didn't mix the epoxy well or something.
>>
File: pic.jpg (186KB, 600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
pic.jpg
186KB, 600x1000px
I'm working on a N.E.E.T. D.F. cosplay for a con in a couple weeks, and while I'm generally satisfied with it, I feel like its still a little bare.
I have a P90 and riot shield to go with it, and I've since added a thigh holster, but I still feel like it could use something else. Any thoughts?
>>
>>9424257
Can will the wax paper make it more solid? Because with the epoxy i used it is strong but without nothing to protect it from the inside it can break really easily
>>
File: P5_Futaba_Sakura.png (252KB, 320x816px) Image search: [Google]
P5_Futaba_Sakura.png
252KB, 320x816px
Looking for a file/close up pic of the design on her shirt or the shirt itself, the one I wanted doesnt sell anymore.
>>
File: choices.jpg (194KB, 970x702px) Image search: [Google]
choices.jpg
194KB, 970x702px
I wanted some help with my Blizzcon cosplays.

I'm an adept seamstress, and decent propmaker but don't have time this year for "nice" costume.

I wanted to do a carbot costume for my boyfriend and I, and after looking at someone esle's attempt at a carbot costume (yellow guy, i'm not a fan of the inflated suit). I wanted to know which couple would be better executed IRL.
If I went with tyrande and malfurion (top image box) I could make kigus for their "bodies" and carboard masks covered in fabric for the heads (similar to the example but without the black box)
Or I could make the bottom costumes with a similar construction style but with maybe a foam helmet for Arthas (bottom left)

Basically I need help with fabric choices, help with deciding wat couple would look best, and if kigu style bodies are a good idea.

Thanks all
>>
>>9423283
Sandy Brown looks as close as you can get through arda (its a little more red but I don't think anyone will notice / care)
>>
>>9424257
Thanks a bunch. Now I just need to find sintra that's long enough for my needs.
>>
>>9424862
Sign shops. Sintra is what they use to make signs for the most part, just walk on in and ask to buy some scrap pvc foam.

>>9424616
No. If you glued it right it should be stiff to begin with. If not that's a construction oversight. Post a picture.
>>
File: 1-1278-01.jpg (124KB, 327x600px) Image search: [Google]
1-1278-01.jpg
124KB, 327x600px
Im looking for a dress similar to this, or a dress pattern that could be made into this!

Also any recommendations on a wig would be nice!
>>
>>9424123
if you need fast shipping id highly recommend epiccosplay
>>
File: 20170406_193001_HDR.jpg (4MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
20170406_193001_HDR.jpg
4MB, 4160x3120px
>>9424884

Im currently remaking it but here was a previous attempt. Like its solid enough because i used abs cement to fuse the plastic but i think the plastic is thin so like if there is nothing supporting it it just snaps
>>
>>9425109
I put clay inside it to support it but the clay was really shit and the thing kind of just broke
>>
>>9425109
Walls are too thin. Fill it with resin or something, or just cast a resin crystal.
>>
I'm going to a thing later this month and i'd like to go as a DnD character i had. A drunken orthodox monk. I'd combine orthodox crosses, rosaries and the standard "DnD monk outfit". That'd mean bandages and lots of 'em. Anyone here have experience with wearing them? Tips for fastening them if you're going to bodywrap yourself in the damn things? I don't want to end up stumbling around on the bandages (even though that would fit in with the character).
>>
>>9425785
not exactly sure how the bandages are going to look since you posted a picture that shows no bandages on the character; but i suppose you can hotglue overlapping bandage layers together as youre wrapping them around something, that way they dont unravel.
>>
File: 400044_press02-001.jpg (60KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
400044_press02-001.jpg
60KB, 400x600px
>>9410276
How do i make the jawbone?
>>
Anyone have arda wigs discount codes?
>>
>>9423306
Hana from Gate 7 by CLAMP
>>
One day I would love to do an Inkling cosplay, and I found some spats which are perfect for this. But is there a way to add a stripe like this to them but only temporarily, but not resorting to doing a choppy job like hastily pinning a piece of colored fabric to them? I'd like to use these for everyday wear under my skirts/whatever else too.
>>
>>9426356
I would say some sort of masking tape?
>>
>>9426399
That's a good idea. Peeling it off won't damage the fabric at all, will it?
>>
Any advice on building a Reinhardt helmet?

I've tried helmets with horns/spikes before, but they never worked out, and all the tutorials I can find on the internet involve 3D printers.
>>
>>9426356
>>9426399
>>9426403
Orange painter's tape. Personally I would get some good strong double-sided tape and use that between the painter's tape and the fabric. Painter's tape isn't super sticky and probably won't stick to fabric worth squat by itself, but it's exactly the right width/color.

It's kinda expensive but you can always use the rest for actually painting things later?
>>
>>9426356

What about a strip of stretch fabric with water soluble temporary adhesive?
>>
File: ZeroLancer.png (1MB, 1800x1750px) Image search: [Google]
ZeroLancer.png
1MB, 1800x1750px
Want to add fake muscle definition and airbrushing with Jacquard airbrush fabric paint seems to be the way to go but how necessary is the airbrush part? Has anyone had decent luck just sponging paint?
>>
File: steroids.jpg (10KB, 300x221px) Image search: [Google]
steroids.jpg
10KB, 300x221px
>>9426555
>fake muscle
Just use these, courtesy from /fit/.
>>
>>9426562
Except even if you are ripped spandex doesn't work in real life the same way it does in games and comics. And yes I know this guy isn't shredded but you can see how plain un painted spandex just doesn't work
>>
>>9426502
>>9426525
Thanks a bunch guys. I'll have to do some experimenting soon.
>>
File: image.png (779KB, 441x2665px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
779KB, 441x2665px
So I've been using a combination of foam board and Eva foam for my swords, but this time I wanted to try pink insulation foam. The sword I'm trying to make is longer than the foamboard itself, so how should I go about gluing pieces to make them longer? I was think of putting a dowel through the middle but there is a hole in the sword, so would it still be stable if I had the dowel after the hole?
>>
>>9415373
Navelless anon here. The waistband hits a little below my navel, but I cropped out a lot of the picture, and now it just looks awkward. The costume is pretty but yeah, an awkward fit.
>>
Any suggestions on how to do the design on the shirt?
I'm debating between 3 methods, heat press, paint, and white tape. White tape seems to be the most appealing for me right now because it's not permanent but now I need to figure out what tape to use.
Similar question for black outline on the sleeve and cloak. Should I just tape it or sew in the black outline.
>>
>>9426303
cheapo way: sculpt with paper mache on a cardboard basis (i do this a lot)
expenso way: sculpt with sculpting material then cast it in a mould
lucky way: check toy stores and carnaval stores for a nice quality skull mask and rip off the jaw bone

>>9426411
pepakura build

>>9426678
i would use insulation tube and a bender for that tube, or a piece of wood as core and cut out the shape and the hole in the middle

>>9426721
would definitely sew the black lining on the red, for shirt i don't really know desu, not an expert in fabric patterns like that
>>
>>9426721
Tape looks like shit anon. It looks like you put tape on clothes. Man up and learn to use twill tape and bias tape.
>>
>>9412057
>>9420861

Following up on the temporary tattoo paper questions!

I need to make Zarya's tattoos and I'm having a hard time conceptualizing them into a curvable, printable design. Usually when I do tattoo sleeves I do the nylon + copics method and I tend to stencil or freehand since it works best for me. It's a LOT of black to print off and fuck up a hundred times, so uh, any advice?
>>
>>9426981
Make a duct tape form of your arm. Draw the tattoo on the form. Cut it so it lays flat. There is your pattern. Now when you copy that pattern, and print it out,you just need to line up the edges of the gaps, and it should all curve nicely together.
>>
File: P5_Haru_Okumura.png (231KB, 215x884px) Image search: [Google]
P5_Haru_Okumura.png
231KB, 215x884px
I want to cosplay Haru from P5 but I was wondering about how to do that sweater.. I'm having trouble envisioning it in real life materials.

Also, wig recommendations would be appreciated. Right now I'm looking at cocowigs anne in cinammon brown and trying to curl and fluff it a bit more on my own but I'd ideally like something a little softer in color.

Thank you.
>>
>>9427059
It's a knit sweater with a really wide rib knit but I'm sure a seasoned knitter could come up with a better term. Alternatively you can sew pin tucks into a thick knit fabric with the tucks facing the inside but no idea how good that will look.
>>
>>9426981
Is there a way to do you rough sketch nad then lay down some liquid latex or something else that can "mask" off parts so you can just lay the paint down then peel off the negative space when it dries?
>>
>>9427073
It would probably be very hard to do and wouldn't look very good. I would either try to find a knit fabric with roughly the same rib width or find a knitting pattern and modify it.
>>
>>9427100
Go to Ravelry's website. There's ton of free knit patterns. Find the ones with the right elements and combine them.
>>
File: ZennyAscendy.jpg (95KB, 1000x580px) Image search: [Google]
ZennyAscendy.jpg
95KB, 1000x580px
Good afternoon, /cgl/.

I'm planning on making a Zen cosplay and it looks like I will be using craft foam for the first time. One of my friends mentions using a 'Sintra' styled material for sturdier hold, while the craft foam is more malleable. In your opinion, is there a difference? Are they one in the same?

Also, any tips for this skin would be appreciated. Thank you.
>>
>>9426303
Depends on how good you are at sculpting. If you're good, go with apoxie sculpt. If not, 3D print it.

>>9426356
Tape.

>>9426411
Probably pink foam, or Pepakura, but either way it'll look like shit. If it was me I'd do a mix of 3D-printed parts and heat-molded sintra, but if you're asking this question that's too advanced for you.

>>9426555
Airbrush
Tighter spandex.

Airbrush isn't 100% necessary but that assumes you have god tier shading skills.

Could try building it up with flexible foam plates, or simply pad it with EVA foam on the inside to simulate muscles.

Or just hit the gym.

>>9426678
>>9426732
Don't.

Insulation foam swords are shit.

Use Sintra.

Generally speaking

>flat objects/ angular objects - sintra
>organic shapes in 3D - pink foam

>>9426686
Tailor it a bit then.

>>9427163
No, sintra and craft foam are different. Sintra has a grain, comes in flat sheets, and is very sturdy. It's great for flat things, like swords, guns, and some armor, but terrible for curves.

Here I'd say just buy some plastic balls and paint them. Or go super budget ironic zen and make your shit from tennis balls.
>>
>>9427173
Thank you so much for explaining for the Zen cosplay! In your opinion, even though the character has straight lines in the designs, would sintra be an ideal material? If not, can I use sintra and craft foam throughout the cosplay without it looking like two separate materials in the final form?
>>
What methods have people used to make a fabric with a custom print? I know freezer paper stencils are pretty common but I'm really bad at cutting things and I need enough fabric for a suit and I don't want spend that much time on something that looks bad. Does anyone know a method that's either faster or more precise?
>>
>>9427173
Are you the sintra anon who's been saying Sintra for three threads now?
Nothing wrong or anything, I bought some thanks to you, but I'm just wondering.
>>
>>9427193
>design your print
>go to spoonflower
>order your fabric
>cry over your empty wallet
>>
A slightly different question for the help thread:

I recently bought a cosplay from someone and am pretty upset with the quality. The pictures she sent seemed fine but when I got it today some of the armor fell apart and need to be re-glued. She hot-glued gold trim onto the dress and there's hot glue "string" everywhere. Should I ask for a partial refund? Is there anyway to save the dress from this hot glue mess?
>>
>>9427229
why ask some random, anonymous people about a dress problem that you didnt even show pictures of?
just contact the person that made it for you, dumbass.
>>
File: MariaHolic.gif (2MB, 500x336px) Image search: [Google]
MariaHolic.gif
2MB, 500x336px
So this question isnt about cosplay construction but I recently watched MariaHolic and I really love Kanako and want to cosplay her with my friend as Maria. We're worried though given the high percent of special snowflakes that go to conventions. Should we just go for it and risk getting called transphobic and homophobic by a ham beast in a "misogyny isn't cute" shirt or is this show just 2 edgy by today's standards?

Thank you for any advice in advance!
>>
>>9427201
It's gotta be suiting fabric
>>
>>9427285
There are other fabric printers that are cheaper with better and more fabric choice.
>>
>>9427257
Cus I'm not home? And it's an easily describable problem? It's secondhand cosplay that was misrepresented in pictures.
>>
>>9427195
Nah, but I was the one who started the sintra craze ages ago. Ever since then people seem to have tried it, and repeated the mantra even without me.
>>
>>9427318
>Cus I'm not home?
then wait until youre home, dumbass.
>>
What are some good japanese "off brands" to incorporate into my wardrobe? Looking for more brands like liz lisa, amavel, axes femme, etc.
>>
>>9427280
Anyone who is using those terms is too young and spergy to know about MariaHolic. Most of those people are too busy wiping their Steven Universe body paint on things.
>>
Dumb questions thread is ded so sorry for asking here, but I was wondering if anyone knew the name of this skirt/jsk? I believe it's jetj?
>>
>>9427534
Found this on Lolibrary. The photos are bad quality but I guess it's matching.
https://lolibrary.org/items/j-et-j-letoile-du-matin-cape-skirt-set
>>
File: 259f3127ed09ccf88b9489415fef3ae3.jpg (113KB, 564x1351px) Image search: [Google]
259f3127ed09ccf88b9489415fef3ae3.jpg
113KB, 564x1351px
I'm making a cloak with a mantle similar to pic, but I have a problem.

At the collar, where the mantle connects to the hood/body, the connection looks terrible. I want to put on trim (term?) (cloth thingy along the edges) which should cover that bit nicely, but how is that supposed to work? I just can't picture in my mind how I can get a strip of something up the chest, over the mantle, and up to the hood without a bunch of edges piled and tucked over each other and making the whole thing look worse.
>>
>>9427642
it's called bias tape, and you should have hemmed the edges before sewing it together

>>9427193
try finding someone or a store with a vinyl plotter? also bigger print stores also have fabric printing that are hopefully not as disgustingly expensive as spoonflower
>>
>>9427280
If you're cosplaying a character then that's that.
Girls cosplaying guys aren't called trans/homo=phobes.
So a girl cosplaying a guy who dresses as girls?
Who gives a shit. Go, go.
>>
>>9427670
it turns out there is somewhere in the area I can use a vinyl cutter if i take a quick class on it! im gonna look into that, thanks anon! if not ill cut out the vinyl by hand
>>
I am making a paper piranha plant mask for a costume. What should I use for the lips? I want to make them 3d so I can't just paint it on.
Can post pics for reference if needed
>>
>>9428181
Pool noodle with the hollow centers, you can cut and shape them easily and just wrap them with spandex for quick smooth coloring because paint on bare foam looks like ass.
>>
Taking advantage of the end of this thread to ask for a cosplay suggestion since the help thread is usually where the crafty people are.

I need an idea for a cosplay that involves:
>a half/full mask, or covered head (I prefer to cosplay anonymously)
>something more dominated by props than costuming, as that's what I'm better at

Basically I need to be able to modify existing pieces of clothing with my rudimentary sewing skills and have at least half my face hidden, pls halp.
>>
>>9428302
Bane.
>>
>>9428371
not /fit/ enough but I appreciate your (you) very much
>>
>>9426341
thank you so much!
>>
>>9428374
Hmm. I think if you can really pull off the accessories for Samurai Flamenco, you could probably do that. Assuming "not /fit/" means "non-muscular" and not "overweight."
>>
>>9428302
Are you fine with armor? Depending on what materials you're using, armor and props often share similar skillsets. There's a huge variety of armored+masked characters out there, so if you're comfortable with making armor (or willing to learn), a lot of options open up.
>>
>>9428388
I'm fairly muscular (6'0, 190lb) but I'm like ~18% bf so I don't have good definition, I'm big but wouldn't play muscular characters well.

>>9428391
yeah that sounds fun, always wanted to do a gundam (probably too hard) or an Unreal tournament character (maybe doable)
>>
So I'm planning on cosplaying Taki from Kimi no Na Wa for this upcoming Otakon. I have access to an embroidery machine, so I'm going to actually make patches for his school crest and sew those onto my shirt pocket for better realism. The only problem is, I'm having trouble finding a picture of the crest that's not stylized to make it easier to animate.

As far as I can tell, there are three designs the movie uses. One, which appears in Taki's picture on the wiki, is the most simplified; just a geometric design. There's a second design that's visible in some cases in the movie that's a bit more detailed, where you can see that it's actually a central spire with a laurel wreath underneath it. However, there's also a third design in some of the promo art that actually shows some letters at the top - I think a "J" and "N" - but it's never in a good enough angle to actually see the design. Any suggestions on where I could find that most-detailed design? There's got to be someone who's already puzzled it out.
>>
File: alphonse cardboard.jpg (149KB, 400x533px) Image search: [Google]
alphonse cardboard.jpg
149KB, 400x533px
>>9424257
>Ugh, cardboard. Best advice is to throw that away and start over using EVA foam or something. Barring that, paper mache.
Cardboard can actually be made to look really nice. That being said, I think the ayrt should do some more research on cardboard armor shaping, to make sure those curves look good. It looks like he's trying to keep costs as low as possible, so I wouldn't necessarily discourage him from using cardboard.
>pic relate is Alphonse Elric made from cardboard, full build can be found on therpf
>>
>>9428444
1) Just post a fucking picture

2) No one will be looking close enough to care
>>
>>9428444
It's not that deep. Embroider a triangle and call it a day.
>>
How much modification can you do to a morph suit/zentai suit without rendering it useless?

I basically need something to cover my chest to my jawline but without covering my arms. Is there a better alternative than a zentai suit? I imagine you can remove the arms without affecting the skin tightness of the suit too much.
>>
i have a general idea of how to put the red fur on, but no idea how to put the gold stuff on with it looking at least somewhat good. any tips?
>>
>>9428921
Contact cement and stretch gold spandex around it. Cover edges in gold trim
>>
>>9428811
sounds like youre just better off making your own.
>>
>>9428921

Cover the toe in some masking tape to make a pattern, pull it off, flatten it and cut the shape out of some vinyl. Attach with contact cement and trim any excess. I'd just paint the edge of the sole and heel if I were you.
>>
>>9428927
Possible but I'd still need to work out what works. Is it possible to wear a wig over one of these suits? I can't imagine a problem with it but then again I've never worn a wig.
>>
File: IMG_0258.jpg (72KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0258.jpg
72KB, 720x480px
How hard would it be for a complete babby to pull of a decent Chirico, assuming he is both muscular and naturally stoic?
>>
File: 9Wkkf6s.png (211KB, 480x610px) Image search: [Google]
9Wkkf6s.png
211KB, 480x610px
Got a con coming up in just under 2 weeks. Think I can make an Uzu Sanageyama cosplay in that time?

My plan is to get just the jacket, belt, and spikes so I can get the other parts myself (white pants, white dress shoes, dark green wife-beater, dark green hair dye, etc.).

I found the jacket and belt (and presumably the spikes) here (not sure how long it'll take to arrive, though):
http://m.ezcosplay.com/kill-la-kill-cosplay-uzu-sanageyama-uniform-costume-only-the-jacket-and-belt.html

I'm also not sure what to do about the sword. I could just get a kendo stick from Amazon, but his sword I believe is black and silver and recreations of it are like $100+. Maybe I can make it out of PVC pipe and spray paint it for cheaper.

I posted this in its own thread earlier because I'm retarded and didn't look for a help thread earlier.

Thanks!
>>
>>9429391
Shit, just looked on the desktop site. The jacket likely won't get to me in time.

I could probably forget about the jacket, belt, and sword and do the red of the costume. Problem is I won't be very recognizable when wearing my volunteer shirt. Oh well.
>>
>>9429725
would just forget about it and create it for another con. Setting a deadline is annoying anyway, especially if its not even for a contest
>>
File: 83174981.png (1MB, 2275x741px) Image search: [Google]
83174981.png
1MB, 2275x741px
How do I make my skirts curved and poofed up like pic related and stay that way? Is there a technique for it or is it reliant on the fabric I use? What is this even called?
>>
>>9430196
pic is what I'm trying to achieve, forgot to add it in. I've only started sewing about a few months ago so I'm still very new to this I'm so sorry
>>
>>9430196
Stiffish fabric, half or quarter circle skirt patterns for 2 and 3, maybe horsehair braid in the hem.
>>
>>9430200
Oh well the problem with this one is the slit in the side takes away a lot of the skirts power to hold itself up. All you can do is an interfaced layer and horsehair braid and maybe a wire in the hem but you need the horsehair braid first because wire on its own looks weird
>>
File: 1477954816264.jpg (42KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
1477954816264.jpg
42KB, 704x396px
>>9430228
>>9430230
Thanks anons, this has been bothering me for quite some time now. Really excited to try this out
>>
First actual project. I'm trying to make these boots I figured it would be easy enough for me to start but I don't know where. How would I attach the fabric to the shoe? Anyone know a good pattern for it?
>>
>>9430200
The gaping at the side of this makes me wish they put a mesh panel in the back.
>>
Does anyone know a good jacket base for Soldier 76?

I want to stay away from buying a premade one because most ive seen makes the colors look way too shiny and I want to be able to modify the jacket myself since it seems most jackets forget the shoulder details.
>>
>>9430762
Basic idea is to sew a boot cover and glue it to a base shoe. Process is something along these lines:
http://crashcult.blogspot.com/2010/12/costuming-bootcover-tutorial.html
or this (non-stretch):
http://firelilycosplay.deviantart.com/art/No-Stretch-Boot-Cover-Tutorial-161626176
>>
>>9430762
>>9430952 This, and if it's a non-stretch material, I'd like to add that you can try cutting the pieces out on the bias to give it enough stretch to round out around the shoe instead of wrinkling/warping weirdly.
>>
Dont quite know if its a dumb question or not but after lurking for awhile ive come to the conclusion that id like to try the aristocrat style out and was wondering how does one get started
>>
>>9428986
You can wear a wig, but you might want to sew some snaps into the inside of the wig net and to the top of the zentai suit head to make sure the wig stays on (or velcro, but wig fibers tend to get tangled in the velcro hooks).
A wig stays on a human head in a few ways - the band of the wig net is elastic and "cinches" to the head; you pin along the edge of the wig band (ie, slide bobby pins to connect the wig to a wig cap worn underneath), and some people sew in extra wig clips for grippy-ness. The pinning is the most important element, in my opinion, and you won't have that with a zentai suit, so you'll want an extra avenue of security.
>>
File: pACE1-1126309dt[1].jpg (40KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
pACE1-1126309dt[1].jpg
40KB, 500x500px
Relatively new to propbuilding and its terms - is "painter's putty" the same thing as "gypsum"? Are either of those also "spackle"? I'm looking for a spreadable and sandable compound (ideally lightweight) that can be used for smoothing over surfaces. I've worked with a few different spackles before, with varying levels of satisfaction -- dried spackle sometimes chips off in chunks when I'm sanding it.
>>
File: halp.jpg (88KB, 437x1024px) Image search: [Google]
halp.jpg
88KB, 437x1024px
How do I into structuring fabric?

Pic related. I'm sure there's a really obvious answer I'm missing.

Do people just use really stiff fabric for this sort of thing or is there a technique that allows even light fabric to hold a structure? I'd rather avoid interfacing in case it affects the translucency, but if that's the way it's done that's the way it's done.
>>
File: junya17.jpg (1MB, 1000x1503px) Image search: [Google]
junya17.jpg
1MB, 1000x1503px
>>9431530
Better example.
>>
>>9430804
A motorcycle jacket might work? You'll have trouble finding one in the right colours though.

If I were you I'd just buy a premade and add the details yourself.
>>
>>9431530

Starch?
>>
>>9431363
any gypsum based spackle or putty will break in chunks like you said, or atleast produce tears with any type of pressure, you should try bondo instead because its plastic based and doesnt crack like gypsum

>>9431530
there's fabric stiffener compounds in jars that you can use to achieve these shapes and actually maintain this shape, ofcourse you have to sew it in this shape first and make sure it doesnt flop around in the first place before adding stiffeners
>>
>>9410276
Has anybody here ever had their costumes / dresses altered? I ended up buying from e-bay since I don't have enough time to make it for my upcoming con and I bought the largest size since it was the last one available. It's just a dress, and only a few inches off from my own size, but it has to be a tight fit. What's a rough estimate of the cost for alterations?

Pic related is what I bought, and it's backless. Would it be difficult to alter?
>>
>>9431531
This is sewn this way out of tons of triangles you can tell because you can see bound seams near the edges.

>>9431530
This is literally paper
>>
>>9431531
>>9431531
thats organza, it is naturally that stiff
>>
>>9431363
Depends on what you're working with. Bondo is the standard, though, but doesn't work so well on most foam based things without some sort of protection first.

Except sintra, which is part of what makes sintra so great.

So what material are you working with? That's the most important question.
>>
File: boots.png (245KB, 439x441px) Image search: [Google]
boots.png
245KB, 439x441px
How would I go about coloring the bottom part of these boots black?
I'm getting them to replace the other boots in my Sherry Birkin cosplay, but the bottom of Sherry's boots are black, not tan.
Should I just get a black shoe polish and a brush and do it? Or would a sharpie be a smarter option?
I'm worried because sharpie is always purpleish and can actually come off.
>>
>>9428936
what kind of paint though? i'm guessing not spray paint
>>
>>9432118
Shoe polish or a matte paint should be fine

Definitely not sharpie. It works ok for small fixes but looks like shit
>>
Does anyone have a suggestion for a base pattern for this outfit? I realize it's a bodysuit, but I want to separate it into a top and pants. It seems really simple, but I haven't been able to find anything similar. Any starting point would be incredibly helpful and appreciated.
>>
Tips or patterns for making Elma's robes? I've never made one and I'm not sure where to start. Would there be a good pattern to alter?
>>
>>9432159

You could mask it and use spray paint. Those areas don't have a huge amount of movement so it'd probably be fine for a con or two. You could probably use modeling paint or something like that too. I just wouldn't use anything waterbased on that area.

You could try gluing trim on, but in my experience, anything that thin on an edge like that is probably just going to get torn off.
>>
File: manletindisguise.jpg (322KB, 1005x746px) Image search: [Google]
manletindisguise.jpg
322KB, 1005x746px
I'm a small girl who likes to cosplay guy characters as accurately as I can, but a big problem is, at home I can get a few shots where it's not obvious I'm 5.2 and skinny as fuck, but in con photos I just can't replicate it.

How can I make my appearance look 'bigger'? What poses are good? Especially since most people who take my photo take it from above since they're taller.
;; doushio i hate being a shortass sometimes. thanks
>>
>>9432218
lelouch vi britannia suit is pretty similar, try finding patterns for that
>>
>>9432525
its just a yukata with the sleeves pulled down. a lot of pattern companies make yukata patterns
>>
File: s-l300.jpg (8KB, 300x254px) Image search: [Google]
s-l300.jpg
8KB, 300x254px
>>9432750
Not a ton you can do about that in-person short of getting the ridiculous platform boots asian cosplayers like to use
>>
File: 01P-X_xp_walker_3qrt_hires_0.jpg (71KB, 515x515px) Image search: [Google]
01P-X_xp_walker_3qrt_hires_0.jpg
71KB, 515x515px
I'm going into surgery for my left foot sometime in August. I'll be in a boot by September, the month I'm going to my local Comic Con. What character can I cosplay as whom I can use my boot as part of my cosplay? I'm a guy by the way.
>>
just saying noplaycosplay.com is 20 percent off right now with the code cosplay
>>
File: Shoe_Inserts.jpg (131KB, 1026x1026px) Image search: [Google]
Shoe_Inserts.jpg
131KB, 1026x1026px
>>9432750
Height Raising Inserts paired with boots or shoes that already bump up your height by at least an inch. They're not insanely comfortable, but they work in my experience. Just learn how to walk in them and make sure your foot is secured on the sides ( It's likely to be raised completely outside of most standard shoes, so go with some form of lace-up boot ) and you can easily get your height increased by like 5 inches. They're like $22 on Amazon.
>>
File: linkcos..jpg (122KB, 731x802px) Image search: [Google]
linkcos..jpg
122KB, 731x802px
Do men usually wear makeup for cosplay?
I have shadows under my eyes that'd be really unsightly for a character like Link.
>>
>>9432750
Aside from plats/soles you can pose kneeling or something, it'd hide your height.
>>
>>9433525
Yes. Put on some foundation, for the love of fuck. The reason you look all greasy and sweaty in photos is because you're not wearing makeup. It doesn't have to look like you're wearing any, if you do it right, and it will make your cosplay look 1000 times better.
>>
>>9433586
I'll probably still look like shit. Thanks anyway.
>>
>>9433428
Thanks so much! Great tip.
>>9433528
Also a good tip, I haven't tried this before. Thanks!
>>
Fenris from da2 has these raised embossings? on his pants and I have no idea how to even start planning on making these. Any ideas?
>>
>>9419021
Agreeing with what >>9419860 said, but I want to suggest using fabric spray paint with a stencil instead. This is a very classic punk look for putting designs on things, and feels very Mae.

>>9420005
You can buy entire strips of teeth. Try looking at Dental Distortions. (They may not be suitable for you depending on what your teeth are like.)
>>
File: 1491597673838.jpg (116KB, 947x800px) Image search: [Google]
1491597673838.jpg
116KB, 947x800px
How would I make the armored gloves on this?
Seems like I should cut out each individual finger piece (28 in total) from sintra and mold them around my finger which seems like a pain in the ass.
Also should I bother hemming the edges if I'm going to be using bias tape on it anyways?
>>
>>9434391
Try looking up FMA automail tutorials, this is the same concept. You will have to make each piece individually
>>
>>9432818
Thank you very much for the suggestion, but sadly I wasn't able to find much. I appreciate the attempt.
>>
>>9434391
Probably just glue EVA foam to the top of your fingers. Don't need to make individual loops for most photos, and it looks fine.

That axe is a bigger concern, really. Something like that isn't TOO hard to make, but it's hard to make well.

>>9433788
Seems like some sort of leather etching/imprinting. Just use a pen, or pad the insides with foam.
>>
File: 06bb1eb03974d1cec61d3e9a6b170775.png (652KB, 500x1163px) Image search: [Google]
06bb1eb03974d1cec61d3e9a6b170775.png
652KB, 500x1163px
Being a lazy and interested in buying a Shinji plugsuit online. I can do the armor pieces from EVA, but I'm shit at sewing. Any anon know a place to buy one that looks good under $200? As of know I'm thinking of buying a design from this guy who does commissions and then going to a zentai site for printing.

If not I'm just going to get a mono color zentai and fabric painting it up.
>>
>>9410276
>>9435252
New Thread.
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 99

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.