[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yet again a larp thread which is for discussing everything related

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 377
Thread images: 98

File: you_went_full_peasant.jpg (2MB, 3024x3024px) Image search: [Google]
you_went_full_peasant.jpg
2MB, 3024x3024px
Yet again a larp thread which is for discussing everything related to Live Action Role Playing and the likes.
>"Ask and ye shalt receive!"

"sword autism and related hobbies" edition.

Previous thread
>>9394688
>>
File: Barbaric.png (179KB, 275x325px) Image search: [Google]
Barbaric.png
179KB, 275x325px
>>9404834
But we just had a sword autism edition.
>>
New thread, new question.

Does anyone have experience with the Eysenwall weapons manufacturer?

Those things are fucking beauties and seem reasonably priced, so I'm just wondering how durable they are.

They also have lovely [spoiler]falchions[/spoiler]
>>
>>9404859
fun fact: we are all sword autists, so every thread is about sword autism
>>
>>9404864
Speak for yourself Hungarian, I for one only like LARPing because it allows me to wear medieval skinny jeans and show of my crotch without getting a law-suit.
>>
File: serveimage[1].png (67KB, 200x239px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage[1].png
67KB, 200x239px
>>9404867
>joined hosen
>cote so tight you can see the bulge through it

Aw yisss
>>
>>9404871
>seperate hosen
>bound on your doublet
>no brailles
OhMaterMary.Paintedwindow
>>
File: DSC03892.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
DSC03892.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>9404867
wait. You get a lawsuit for it outside of larps?
>>
>>9404824
its only a problem when im not fencing, and its really bad when im using a shield or a large two handed weapon
>>
>>9404928
for shield related things search for "dimicator" on youtube.
Actually look at all of his videos, most of the things he says you can use one way or another
>>
>>9404877
>For prosperity's sake

Someone's been spending to much time studying the in character religion for Empire
>>
File: IMG_20170323_171435720.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170323_171435720.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
Oh boy something came in the mail today
>>
>>9405173
Coool!
Put it on
>>
>>9405141
Or, you know, he's used a phrase intended to show something kept for the future, similar to "for posterity sake"

Shit, Empire is one of my two main larps and I didn't see it as Hungarian using a Virtue.
>>
>>9405176
>>9405141

plus "in preparation for future-trolling" doesnt sound as good.

even if it is more honest.
>>
>>9405176
Tell us more about Empire, Scotty boy. I should be going next month and I'm real excited.
>>
>>9405173
put a didlo on the forehead and pretend you are a unicorn knight
>>
File: 1489768282803.jpg (28KB, 400x562px) Image search: [Google]
1489768282803.jpg
28KB, 400x562px
>>9404881
Having a boner in public where I live falls under sexual harassment, which can give you a prison sentence. The implication of one does as well.

Somewhere in a liberal EU country...
>>
File: extreme tapestry.jpg (46KB, 699x699px) Image search: [Google]
extreme tapestry.jpg
46KB, 699x699px
>>9405221
dude what
is the place you live super religious or super 'feminist?'
>>
File: agemaki-knots.jpg (406KB, 720x1080px) Image search: [Google]
agemaki-knots.jpg
406KB, 720x1080px
Anyone has experience with orient oriented kits?
Friends convinced me to play his second in command as an honorable warrior of the eastward empire.
Thnking about commissioning some armor for it and adding cool asian knots to everything like in pic related.

Tips?
>>
File: i told you about ghosts man.png (40KB, 122x127px) Image search: [Google]
i told you about ghosts man.png
40KB, 122x127px
>>9404859
Don't you know? When sword autism ends, that's when sword autism begins.
>>
>>9405231
Don't be white.

.t Epic armoury
>>
>>9405173
That looks like absolute trash.
>>
>>9405176
>Shit, Empire is one of my two main larps and I didn't see it as Hungarian using a Virtue.
the fuck is Virtue?
>>9405141
The fuck is this?
>>9405186
the fuck are you?

Joking aside, "for future trolling" actually sounds better.

>>9405221
Sweden?
>>
>>9404862
bumping this question, they look amazing for their prices.

Wonder if they ship to America. Their messar is very appealing
>>
File: czech.jpg (181KB, 1104x948px) Image search: [Google]
czech.jpg
181KB, 1104x948px
Anyone have any experience with czech m60 water bottles?

Was thinking about ordering a swedish m39 bottle for the aluminum construction and the wool cover but I hear the surplus ones are generally in bad shape.
>>
>>9405208
What do you want to know? Knowing what Nation you plan to be will help.

>>9405465
The religion of Empire is based upon seven Virtues, one of which is Prosperity.
>>
>>9405488
some of us used it without problems

>>9405492
and that means... ?
>>
>>9405492
I'm going to be Dawn: you were helpful and told me a bit two threads ago. I've been asking on the event forums and learnt a bit. The questions I've got for you would probably be:
>Any good stories you'd like to share?
>How bad a costume is too bad?
All the photos on the wiki and website and stuff look really good, but I'm hoping that's the top end of costumes and that I'm not going to get laughed out of the event for having some slightly shittier stuff.
>>
>>9404261
>they are not "fictional". I have more than a dozen confirmed sources depicting them you little shit! From the city gate of Milan, through the sketchbook of villiard de honnencourt, morgan bible, and about a dozen depictions in marginalia, from northern italy, southern france, and into .
>there is absolutely *zero* evidence that they are a "fictional version", which just happens to be depicted again and again in multiple sources.
Cool, I guess dragons are real then.
>you are slightly right, they are italian - or more accurately, lombardian, and that umbrella-hook hilt is a style which can be seen on traditional tools - cleavers, knives, and the farming cutters known as Beidana which appear in the 17th century. Its a local tradition which has very deep roots indeed. In fact, one of the surviving examples, the "falcastro" of St Peter Martyr (Peter of Vienna) is hilted with a pommel hook of the exact same sort, and is depicted with that in art regularly into the 15th century.
>however, there is not one single piece of evidence that the farming tools are the same items.
Except you literally just said there is a link. Not the same item of course, but a deep rooted tradition.
>You might think you're a genius
Nah, I just live and work them them on a weekly basis since age of 12.
>I did the research into those back in 2009-2010, including researching the lombardian cleaver forms of those knives in the 12-13th centuries. They were one of my first possible sources, which I later found to be highly unlikely to be the origin, although they are closely related in some detail similarities.
So again, closely related...
>you're claiming to have won by making daft comments and not knowing what you're doing?
Nope. Just offered a personal opinion.
>today I learned the only way to put people off-side as an academic in an argument is to go full autism on my irrelevant irl snowflake subject and not moderate myself the slightest thing
Get a real job punta.
>>
File: 1489073617257.jpg (88KB, 500x721px) Image search: [Google]
1489073617257.jpg
88KB, 500x721px
>>9405231
i have tons of pictures of japanese armour if you want some inspiration
normally im on /tg/ posting in arms and armour threads but i have often lurked /cgl/ larp threads
i have my own set of japanese armour i have made if anyone wants pictures
>>
>>9405405
Please do not make fun of my helmet. Also yeah it's not the best ever but it's proper decent for only £50.
>>
File: serveimage[1].jpg (86KB, 579x866px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage[1].jpg
86KB, 579x866px
>>9405231

Chinky brigandine is the shit.

http://www.steel-mastery.com/en/brigandine-armour/brigandines/khatangu-degel-of-the-golden-horde-warrior-xiv-xv-century
>>
>>9405910
You could have gotten better. That thing doesn't even look like its shaped for human heads.

You wasted your money.
>>
>>9406161
>http://www.steel-mastery.com/en/brigandine-armour/brigandines/khatangu-degel-of-the-golden-horde-warrior-xiv-xv-century

that's cool but its not as iconic as the segmented samurai armor.
>>
>>9406201

True, but be warned, it's a lot easier to fuck up looking like an iconic samurai
>>
File: ORaightu.jpg (110KB, 752x908px) Image search: [Google]
ORaightu.jpg
110KB, 752x908px
>>9406209
If I must undertake such endeavors to honor my masters then I shall!
>>
File: ArmourDoneRight.jpg (21KB, 200x344px) Image search: [Google]
ArmourDoneRight.jpg
21KB, 200x344px
So LARPfags, what's the biggest pet peeve in costuming or LARPing for you?
So far for me it's been;
>people trying to win LARPing
>good costume with army boots or shitty shoes under it
>"... what do you mean assassin or thief is a bad idea for a first game? I'm like super stealthy, and I already have an all black costume!"

>>9406201
>chinky brigandine
>not normal brigandine
>not corazzinas

Pffft, now I know I should discard your opinion.
>>
>>9406231
>>good costume with army boots or shitty shoes under it

Peoples feet today are different from the feet of the middle ages. Not everyone can wear period shoes without getting problems, especially when loaded with armor that makes you need more dampening material than usual.

Leather army boots are at least discrete enough to not stand out and are way more practical than anything else. Shitty sneakers needs to gtfo of larping entirely though..
>>
>>9406231
>>chinky brigandine
we were talking about an oriental character
>>
>>9405834
please, all the pictures you can spare.
>>
>>9405514
Know any good shops that sells it for cheap?

Is the plastic stopper noticeable in game?
>>
File: OxbloodBrogues.jpg (475KB, 1600x1062px) Image search: [Google]
OxbloodBrogues.jpg
475KB, 1600x1062px
>>9406262
But muh cultural appropriation meme.

>>9406259
You can still take the middle-ground man, big black army boots everybody wears around here look like shit. Atleast try to go for a more natural look and take a pair of old doc-look-a-likes in oxblood or even better; just wear modern pointy shoes.

It's not like they've ever gone out of fashion.
>>
>>9406276
not him but I just wear blundstones with gaiters
>>
File: WW1LeatherPuttees.jpg (71KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
WW1LeatherPuttees.jpg
71KB, 1000x750px
>>9406278
Which is one of the better middleground solutions. I pick up several of these leather shin guards at French brocantes for a tenner. There's lots of ways that you can make it work if you have weak feet that aren't those ugly-ass combat boots.
>>
>>9405173
I've got that one! Mines way more rounded and an ex museum display piece though.
>>
>>9405560
The costuming for Empire is aspirational, you should look to get better over time, however as long as your stuff isn't a fucking atrocious no one will care, part of the OC social contract is not to diss on folks kit, as not everyone has huge amounts of time or cash to spend making the best shit possible.
Post a pic of your kit if you want a bit of critique before you hit the field.

As for stories, a few events ago, for the coronation for the Empress, many of the foreign nations sent a gift, one of which was a magical construct in the shape of a Drake. Someone from a distance saw it, but didn't realise it was a placid gift, so came running into Dawn
"There's a Drake in Anvil!"

Cue a bunch of Knights hastily pulling on armour and charging off into the middle of Anvil. A member of the Empress Guard spotted them and managed to intercept and explain the situation before they caused a diplomatic incident.

For me, the coolest bits are the small things, the incidental things that aren't planned.
>>
File: serveimage[1].jpg (52KB, 434x651px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage[1].jpg
52KB, 434x651px
>>9406276
>But muh cultural appropriation meme.

>Shave head
>Long wide trousers
>leg wraps
>Put on two layers of robes
>Arm wraps
>Wrap cloak like a sari
>Prayer beads
>Hang a gourd canteen from my waist
>Be white
>>
>>9406336
Yeah, if I really enjoy it then I'll sink more money into it amd try to improve my look. Most of my costume is from LARP stores so it should be acceptable, but I'm kind of worried that a shirt I bought will be too obviously 'modern' (the prices of some actual tunics and medieval shirts seemed pretty high so I got a sort of baggy hippy shirt with toggles, thinking it'd probably do, but when it arrived the modern stitching was more obvious than I'd hoped). I know about the 'no trainers' thing, but should construction boots be okay? I'm also a little worried that my helmet (closed helm in the box a little way up) will look out of place because it'd probably look best worn with a set of plate, but the only other armour I'll have is a hauberk.

Also that thing with the Drske is great.
>>
>>9406412
No one will care or notice, and if they do just say it was made in Urizen by one of their magical clay worker statues
>>
>>9406412
from what i gather, you're in a good but not great shape.
you'll be fine if you would also have a tabard or something over your hauberk. a poncho-like article of clothing might add you a nice look unless you are aiming for more accuracy.
>>
>>9406493
Alrighty, thank you.

>>9406530
I've got a surcoat on the way! My chainmail just arrived too and it doesn't actually look too bad with the helmet, and will look better when I've got the surcoat.

What's the best way of wearing a belt with a hauberk? Should I sort of 'lift' the mail a bit then secure my belt and try and let some of the chainmail rest on top of the belt, or just left the hauberk hang and tighten the belt as much as I can?
>>
File: 1467312730600.jpg (701KB, 1612x2316px) Image search: [Google]
1467312730600.jpg
701KB, 1612x2316px
>>9406264
i am going to work shortly but i will dump pictures when i get home in the meantime read up on japanese armor here: http://www.sengokudaimyo.com/katchu/katchu.html
>>
>>9406560
Have the mail form a little bit of "beer gut" if you want, either way is fine and with cloth over it wont matter much.

>>9406570
Much appreciated
>>
>>9406560
Show us how it looks on you
>>
>>9406560
The easiest thing is to just lift your arms up and have a mate buckle the belt but as the other chap said you should be fine and work out what's most comfortable for you after a few goes.
>>
>>9406412
No one will notice the stitching, don't worry.
I used to wear work boots with leg wraps covering the top and ankle when I was in Wintermark. In Dawn I switched to wearing riding boots.

The only plate bits of armour I have are graves, gorget and pauldrons. The rest of my armour is a chain hauberk with a surcote ontop.

If suggest going to the new player meeting that happens at the Hub before time in, it'll help massively. And go speak to the Egregore as they are there to also help new players.
>>
>>9406259
quit your excuses faggot.
>>
>>9406657
If you've been larping for over a year you should have period shoes.
>>
>>9406687
>>9406692
Kit ends at the ankle, the warm dry feet and unbroken ankles of suitable modern footwear add a thousand times more to the event than the immersion damage removes.
>>
>>9406706
Period footwear =/= uncomfortable.

You can get period style footwear with all the modern amenities. Quit making excuses.
>>
>>9406706
This

>>9406692
Also, it's a fucking fantasy setting that draws inspiration from varying periods and places (depending on IC nation) so there's no correct period shoes.
Also given how churned up the main field gets in bad weather, I'm glad for my modern, yet totally IC appropriate boots.
>>
>>9406715
I dispute this claim and request you provide proof in the form of links to a place where such a shoe can be bought.
>hard mode: it can't cost more than the fucking event ticket does
>>
>>9406717
>wanting good quality boots
>OH BUT IT HAS TO BE LESS THAN 50 EUROS.

your kit is shit and you should feel bad.

But you know ill bite if it lets me list it

https://sonofsandlar.com/

http://www.soulpathshoes.com/

I ordered my period shoes from an Artisan in Italy and she happily added arch support and padding, and made the shoes to my exact measurements. Waterproofing leather is easy as shit with simple mink oil.

And if you just want period boots, for wearing arround camp just get some standard armstreet shoes. they have about the same support as a pair of vans or sperrys.
>>
>>9406730
had posted a few etsy links aswell, just search medieval boots or shoes in etsy and i beleive the shop "wulfund" or something similar has a few really nice pairs.
>>
File: boots.jpg (96KB, 999x1000px) Image search: [Google]
boots.jpg
96KB, 999x1000px
>>9406716
How muddy is Anvil/IC Camp? I've got some blue suede shoes I was planning on wearing when unarmed and just dicking around (outfit is mostly blue and black, so they won't stick out too badly hopefully), and something like pic related for battles (as hopefully all the gear and the action going on will mean my feet aren't being scrutinised too much), but if it's muddy as fuck everywhere then maybe I'll just wear them all the time.
>>
>>9406734
You guys are bitching about period shoes not having enough support and being bad for your feet yet you want to wear 30 dollar dickies.

thefuckoutahere 30 dollar dickies aren't good boots and they are probably just as bad as cheap period shoes for your feet.
>>
File: weary frog.jpg (12KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
weary frog.jpg
12KB, 251x242px
>>9406737
I'm not even one of the people arguing with you about shoes senpai. I'm literally going to a LARP for the first time and just want to know about shoes. I'm not buying a pair of fucking construction boots instead of period shoes, I just happen to have some lying about and don't want to spend more cash if they'll do.
>>
>>9406734
Depends on the weather, if it's been raining pretty solidly on the days before, Anvil can become a sea of mud and water by Saturday afternoon.
But if it's been dry, then completely fine. Make sure you have decent padding, as hard mud can take it's toll on your soles after a days wandering.
>>
>>9406734
Depnds a lot on what the weather is like but it is generally boots all day every day.
>>9406730
Both of those makers look like they use modern rubber soles making them about as period as whatever I'll be wearing. and they

I'll admit hardmode was a tad OTT though in my head it was the £250 I spent on tickets for all 4 empire events (Which is also about what the walking boots I'll be wearing cost) rather than the $50 of a single smaller event. Doesn't really come over in my posting though which is my bad for trying to be overly pithy.
>>
>>9406742
Those shoes will do you fine then. its more important that you have good socks and that those are tied tight. Events can get pretty muddy. I'm overly hygenic when it comes to that stuff and i find keeping a towell in your tent, and a large amount of wetwipes helps alot. Bring two pairs of shoes aswell incase one gets wet.
>>
>>9406748
I don't think you should have 100% period shoes with leather soles and hobnails. But shoes that have a period/fantasy look is really all that im gunning for people to have. I want soles on my own period footwear(even though mine doesn't have a rubber sole) But when people are saying doc martins or some other blatantly modern shoe looks good enough for an event its got to be cut short.
>>
>>9406752
I just think that there are a lot of places where the cost of boots could have a much bigger visible impact on kit quality, especially since even "IC" boots will probably have some level of modern concession to comfort and safety.
>>
File: shoes.jpg (37KB, 564x423px) Image search: [Google]
shoes.jpg
37KB, 564x423px
>>9406766
Fly kicks make the kit.
>>
>>9406774
See those look lovely, but they also don't look like they have enough ankle heel or arch support to run around the woods in armour safely.
>>
>>9406748
£250 will get you a great pair of medieval boots that will last forever while those around you replace their leaky £50 turnshoes every couple of years. Made to measure footware is a wonderous thing to wear.

The other option is to buy said £50 turnshoes and then wear sealskin or similar waterproof socks underneath. Laugh at rain, mud and the inevitable holes while your toes stay warm and dry.
>>
File: AutismusMaximus.jpg (9KB, 191x263px) Image search: [Google]
AutismusMaximus.jpg
9KB, 191x263px
>>9406706
Are you one of those 'LARPing is for everybody?" people?
>>9406716
>so there's no correct period shoes
Let me tell you what, sonny Jim, your modern boots aren't period appropriate. No matter how wide your early to late medieval spread is.

>>9406742
For your first LARP you got nothing to worry about man. Seriously, as long as it doesn't break the immersion in an instant when somebody looks at you you're already golden.

This is just angry LARPers, whining to other angry LARPers, who've spent far too much time on this hobby.
>>
>>9406914
I'm one of those "My ankle joint is slightly hyper-mobile and I don't want to slip and twist it in a muddy ditch and have to sit out the entire event" people.
>>
>>9406945
I mean, it's not like you can't super your ankle though? But yeah, you do kinda get a pass. Not too big one though, you better still wear something that doesn't catch lest you wish to befall the scorn of an angry anon you'll never meet.
>>
>>9406948
support*
big a one*
doesn't catch the eye*
Kurwa, this sentence was a trainwreck. Even translated back to Dutch.
>>
>>9405834
Careful, don't tell SJWs that you SAVED A PICTURE ON THE INTERNET, they might get triggered by your digital appropriation...
>>
>>9406282
Those are cavalry gaiters btw.
Just... Just in case anyone is interested ;_;
>>
>>9406388
I feel like I need to do a Mask themed LARP kit now...
>appropriating the Norse
>>
>>9406570
>skull on a stick as personal banner

Basically a big "Do not fuck with this guy" sign.
>>
>>9406782
>but they also don't look like they have enough ankle heel or arch support to run around the woods in armour safely.
Then, I don't know, EXERCISE YOUR LEGS.

Jesus.

There is literally nothing wrong with period footwear UNLESS you have shit feet/ankle (and subsequently knee) problems.

>Source: Has "flat feet/pronated/suppinated ankles", went to /fit/, exercised and minimised wearing modern footwear outside of work or special occasions, problems went away, up to 1/1/2/3 on my 1/2/3/4
>>
>authentic footware
I'm a huge costuming autist, and this is something I don't reasonably expect people to do, especially for larger events.
Just get some older surplus combats (I have a cold war czech pair that work really well in the mud) and just throw some gaiters over them.
Also get some really nice backpacking socks, and then get more. You will need them.

>>9406231
Cargo pants. If you're too fucking insecure to be seen wearing hose, go smear yourself in charcoal and play post-apoc.

People wearing baggy, unbloused pants and a t-shirt tunic, then calling themselves "vikings."

People who can somehow go for an entire year without managing to improve their kit at all.

>helmet (closed helm in the box a little way up) will look out of place
worry.jpg
Are you planning on getting a full harness later on? If not, you may want to reconsider your choice of helmet. Close helms really don't look that good unless you have a breastplate and gorget to go with them.
>>
>>9406950
>support*
>big a one*
>doesn't catch the eye*
I support a big one, but it doesn't catch anyone's eye
>tfw no gf ;_;

Why don't people just use cosplay overshoes over their modern shoes?
>>
>>9406717
>>9406730
Im the fag who started this "modern leather boots justification" discussion.

I think its justifieable to buy a pair of mass produced leather boots for 100-300€ if it keeps your feet dry and working despite running around in the woods with xx kg worth of armor on you. Even if you dont have any issues with your feet or legs it should still be acceptable to choose this option. You can drag your trousers down or use gaiters over the ankle part which will hide the most visible and immersion breaking part of a pair of modern boots.

But saying no to period shoes because they are expensive as an excuse is just dumb, their price range is about the same as modern boots, and since your feet are the most important bodyparts to outfit right then you should properly invest in them, not only for functional quality but also costume wise.

But then again, if I stopped roleplaying as characters that run around on big larps and got more passive at smaller sized larps, I would switch to period shoes since it wouldnt make any practical difference anymore.

>>9407074
>Why don't people just use cosplay overshoes over their modern shoes?
Dirt, mud and wear and tear.
>>
>>9407074
well-made shoe covers can barely hold up to an entire day worth of wear and tear at a convention. Venturing off a paved path would shred them pretty quick
>>
>>9406782
You're ancestors did it. They're looking down on you calling you a pussy.
>>
File: Autisticfaggot.jpg (92KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
Autisticfaggot.jpg
92KB, 960x960px
>>9406817
Yup this

>>9406945
Or correctly wear Winningas and have period boots which you can tighten. Not that hard, The only downside to true "period" footwear is the lack of a rubber sole. Which can easily be amended.

>>9407071
You aren't enough of a costume Autist then if you think the kit ends at the calf.

though i agree on the rest

My biggest pet peeve is people who spend hundreds of dollars on a beautifully built custom T-tunic only to waste the artisans time by designing it as modern as possible. Making them look like a hockey jersey.

For your viewing pleasure I've included a picture of what i mean.
(and yes, this is his ENTIRE kit, hat and all. and Yes, it's passing in Amtgard. The worst of all larps. and the tunic was probably about 300)
>>
>>9406231
Is that a 14th century kit?
>>
>>9407279
Does his kit involve the baseball cap, too? Or is that just to show off the lengths he's capable of going to look mediocre?

I thought that tabbard was same shitty off-brand activewear at first.
>>
File: IMG_20170325_244032196.jpg (964KB, 1368x2430px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170325_244032196.jpg
964KB, 1368x2430px
>>9406592
im back from work
ill start by posting my armour and then just dumping yoroi
i also have a few pdfs to read if anyones interested
its a few chapters from sasama yoshihiko's nihon no katchu bugu jiten (illustrated armour book) its quite informational!
>>
File: IMG_20170301_220945676.jpg (1008KB, 1368x2430px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170301_220945676.jpg
1008KB, 1368x2430px
>>
File: IMG_20170301_221245154.jpg (1018KB, 1368x2430px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170301_221245154.jpg
1018KB, 1368x2430px
>>
File: IMG_20170301_214934962.jpg (1MB, 2430x1368px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170301_214934962.jpg
1MB, 2430x1368px
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (282KB, 1600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
282KB, 1600x1066px
this and the next is stuff i bought
>>
File: s-l1600 (2).jpg (175KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600 (2).jpg
175KB, 1200x1600px
>>
now just posting yoroi
>>
File: 1457432812088.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1457432812088.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>
>>
>>9407050
Those look cool man. And a great cover up
Any idea where I could get a pair? I doubt the local sally anne has one
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
File: 1457628731647.jpg (108KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
1457628731647.jpg
108KB, 533x800px
>>
File: 62ea8e4fc440065198b0df255746440f.jpg (104KB, 564x1002px) Image search: [Google]
62ea8e4fc440065198b0df255746440f.jpg
104KB, 564x1002px
>>
>>
>>
>>
File: 1469250443731.jpg (466KB, 1800x1205px) Image search: [Google]
1469250443731.jpg
466KB, 1800x1205px
>>
File: C001K_11_l.jpg (1MB, 2910x2830px) Image search: [Google]
C001K_11_l.jpg
1MB, 2910x2830px
>>
>>
File: 11b27879368510a2401dff2c7867e33e.jpg (138KB, 564x1251px) Image search: [Google]
11b27879368510a2401dff2c7867e33e.jpg
138KB, 564x1251px
>>
>>
>>
>>
File: 2015020914510002.jpg (90KB, 480x854px) Image search: [Google]
2015020914510002.jpg
90KB, 480x854px
>>
>>
>>
>>
well thats all i feel like posting for now
if anyone wants more i can continue later
its too bad nobody seems interested in japanese armour i never see pictures of people larping in yoroi or even talking about it for that matter
>>
>>9407459
>those plain cotton trousers

[screams in Japanese]
>>
>>9407515
>its too bad nobody seems interested in japanese armour i never see pictures of people larping in yoroi or even talking about it for that matter
You know how more expensive and complicated it is to make right?
Plus how much of it is tied together?
A rivited plate harness is, by far and large, easier to make and maintain.
PLUS ever since the upsurge in "Muh Appropriation/das racis" the chances of the biggest LARP communities (so, mostly White Anglos) are sadly slimmer by the day.

t. 16th c. Japanese replica armour owner who got kicked out of one even because he triggered a female [assumedly] blasian.
>>
File: 1465385703968.jpg (1MB, 1223x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1465385703968.jpg
1MB, 1223x1280px
>>9407548
i have found it is significantly easier to make than my attempts at making euro (nanban) pieces
the lacing is very time consuming ill give it that and there is plenty of riveting too
its too bad about the muh appropriation
i hope that i do not encounter any of that any time soon
>>
>>9407471
If your French and live in the countryside every fucking farmer seems to have a pair lying around.

Don't ask me why though, but when I run around on garage sales there there's fucking boxes of them for 2-8 euros a pair.

If you were near the Netherlands I wouldn't mind popping a pair your way. (I have like 6-7 at this point.)
>>
>>9407515
Tips for getting a passable armor if 12k $ is too much?
>>
File: ArmyOfDoubt.jpg (247KB, 1205x800px) Image search: [Google]
ArmyOfDoubt.jpg
247KB, 1205x800px
>>9407515
I don't know what Yoroi is... but didn't have ConQuest of Mythodea (in Deutschland) have a fully oriental NPC army?
>>
>>9407548
>t. 16th c. Japanese replica armour owner who got kicked out of one even because he triggered a female [assumedly] blasian.
Please tell us the name of this larp so we can avoid it like the plague.
>>
>>9407693
>avoid it like the plague

I'd rather see it as a challenge, maybe play white colonists who returned from the great not!Nippon lands wealthy men or something. And be as IC-racially insensitive as possible. I mean if people show they can't use the IC/OC divide right I'm sure they'll be ridiculed for it.
>>
>>9407608
>If you were near the Netherlands I wouldn't mind popping a pair your way
Not that anon, but I'm from the Netherlands and quite interested in a pair.

Also, in which region of France did you find those? I must've been to some three dozen brocantes in my life, but I've never seen those things before (as far as I'm aware, anyway).
>>
>>9407541
[YAMERO on the inside]
>>
>>9407733
Berry, border of the Indre and the Cher to be precise.

What events you going to man, or I could just take a pair along on my way to the EFF?
>>
>>9404834
I need to vent guys, because I'm fucking pissed. I play a very combat oriented larp, which scores points from actual hits. I often get mistaken for a noob (singlesword and not much armour, as per my character) and I often die fast and not do much damage in battles, but utterly sweep up during duels. I couldn't figure out why for the longest time, but I think I finally have, and it's annoying the shit out of me.

I always thought I was just shit at fighting larger battles. But a friend recently pointed out something. She was watching me fight for a session, and noticed that a lot of the time I score several hits but the other person doesn't count them. At one point she was "dead" and I was fighting two guys. Usually you don't count other people's hits, but she was since she was dead. According to ehr I scored some pretty solid hits on them, and slightly more than they should have been able to survive, but they kept fighting.

So in other words, since I don't peacock people think I'm a noob and disregard my hits. Fuck I'm pissed now.

After that, I started watching a lot of the "good" fighters. The majority of them who are well known for being good fighters...well, they absolutely suck. They just cheat. Half of them don't even realize.

It's really broken immersion for me. A lot of the newer players and mid tier players are totally fine and honest. But all the ones who have become "top" players are so far up their own assholes they can't see how terrible they actually are at the game. Plus a lot of them are now trying to give advice to new players. And since I look like a new player I often get super shitty advice on how to fight.

I'm seriously considering getting a spear or something, and breaking rules on hard hits, and just jamming it into people. I'd like to see them ignore a hit that staggers them.
>>
>>9407800
>group combat
>single short sword

If they're even anything worth their mettle as a line you're dead before you get into range. Or atleast legless. People not taking their hits is a common problem, try just taking up contact with a DM/ST/GM/Orga or whatever they're called and ask them to pay some extra attention to the players doing it.

Getting a spear and winning on the sole grounds of having a larger dick than your opponent is how you win LARP line-fights anyway, that or towershields and magic spam.
>>
>>9407806
Yeah, I get a lot of flak for my weapon choices. But I'm absurdly good at getting through battle lines. In the middle of a fight, nobody notices me slip through, or if they do I just headlong sprint onto their side, lose them, then go launch sneak attacks on small groups of people. Most of my fights end up being hit and runs or duels because of it. Only times I get pushed into line combat seem to be when a retarded officer demands I do it because "muh tactics".

Anyway, the refs at this particular LARP are a part of the problem. Some of them have friendships with the top players, so they let stuff slide. It doesn't help that I'm pretty sure a few of them see my gear (or lack of) and assume I'm a new player, and that they can get away with it. There was an incident a while ago where I struck another player very cleanly on the torso, then again on the arm. He looked at it, registered it, then looked at my gear and kept on walking. Luckily one of my mates (who is one of the few top players who isn't a cunt) walked up and basically told him "you got hit. I saw it. Follow the rules. You lost".

Anyway, I'm actually doing that now. Just finished a bunch of fireballs plus a holster as we speak, as well as working on a shield that's big, but nowhere near rule breaking.

I figure instead of bitching about it, I might as well just start gitting gud and make myself better in a fight.
>>
File: 2s.jpg (801KB, 2304x2668px) Image search: [Google]
2s.jpg
801KB, 2304x2668px
>>
>>9407621
http://shop.japanese-armor.com/main.sc
iron mountain is probably the cheapest and most reliable modern production source of samurai armour
they sell by part if you just want just the dou (breastplate and skirt pieces) or helmet or whatever
>>
>>9407481
Thats Batou Matsudeira, the new general of Kafe.
Very honorable in combat and a pleasure to watch figth.
>>
>>9408043
>tip
>>
>>9407352
no no, the baseball cap is part of his kit. I'm almost positive he has sunglasses too.

Its disgusting right.
>>
>>9407800
you sound like you're playing Amtgard and you have that mentality. Please fuck off. Go join a larp which actualy pushed the populus to act like its a larp.

Not only that, Amtgard breeds a stigma of a lack of sportsmanship and its filled with beta-male losers who never ammounted to anything. which gives them a mentality "well im better than you in this even though it doesnt matter and were here for fun so ima shit on u even tho i actualy suk"
>>
File: fuckingasshole.jpg (152KB, 960x959px) Image search: [Google]
fuckingasshole.jpg
152KB, 960x959px
>>9407813
No stop. y You're going to realize how cancerous the community is soon enough. You've already realised the entire culture is based arround being as arogant and unsportsmanlike as possible. and the "git-gud" mentality is literally killing the game. "well instead of actually playing by the rules and doing things the way they were meant, ill just wear a superb lack of garb and meta/cheese the fuck out of everything so i can be a top tier fighter too!"

Whats going to make you better is to develop your kit, and your fighting style so you can match people without stooping to their level, and then to realise that Larping/whatever is alot deeper than just dueling. There are so many other aspects such as camping, In-character roleplay(or even no character rollplay.) arts and sciences, parties. etc etc. Don't let yourself get caught up in their bullshit so you end up being like this guy.
>>
>>9407481
how do I get 1,500 dollars for an armor like that? (taxes+customs+shipping)

im a damn student
>>
Question for the sword autismos ITT: for countries where carrying blades in public is illegal, would it be a good idea to get a HEMA blunt smallsword as a costume sword? If so, who makes good ones?
>>
>>9407071
>Are you planning on getting a full harness later on? If not, you may want to reconsider your choice of helmet
God I fucking know. I should have got a bascinet from the same guys for the same price (I know a bascinet should really go with some brigandine but it'd still have been better than the close helm), but the closed helm was the last one and I was like 'oh shit that'd be rad I better get it before it gets sold.'

If it looks awful (though it doesn't clash with the chainmail as badly as I'd worried, and hopefully surcoat will improve the look a bit) then I'll try and sell it off, or maybe even swap it, or save up some cash for some poly armour.
>>
>>9408108
Don't go for a bascinet unless it's an open one. Kettle helmets should be your bae, trust me. It's the superior helmet around, and by starting out with one you'll impress all the old fags with your superior taste.
>>
>>9408116
It would have been a pig faced bascinet. I love those beaky boys. I did also consider being a peasanty character with a gambeson and a kettle helm but in the end I was too much of a knightfag and went for what I did [nospoilers]being a peasant would have cost me way less too probably[/nospoilers]
>>
File: KettleHelmetsBreedJealousy.jpg (146KB, 961x693px) Image search: [Google]
KettleHelmetsBreedJealousy.jpg
146KB, 961x693px
>>9408119
They're far more practical though; pig-face bascinets, esp. the LARP ones are a bitch to see through.

Also trust me; even for your knight, the kettle-helmet will somehow look far superior.
>>
File: cool hat helmet.png (654KB, 611x806px) Image search: [Google]
cool hat helmet.png
654KB, 611x806px
>>9408125
Well it's too late now I'm afraid. Like I said, if I really don't like my closed helm then I'll sell or swap it, or get some armour to go with it.

Also a pig face has large eye slits, which seem like they should be easier to see out of then my closed helm: I've got surprisingly good vision through the small holes on the visor (I'm a fucking retard and when I bought it I thought the ventilation slit above the visor was an eye slit).
>>
I have a question, why is LARP so much more heavily represented in this general than SCA? I feel like there are only a couple of namefags who have any information on it.
>>
>>9408194
I always wondered that myself. Why is larp more popular in the larp thread? Strange
>>
>>9407763
Only Drachenfest and Ravenskeep anytime soon, I'm afraid. I'm dropping other events to save some money for the former.
>>
>>9408223
I'm hitting up Drachenfest as well, so could take 'em along to there. What camp you at, or if you wanna share, what city? What with Ravenskeep being pretty close to my hometown.
>>
>>9408225
Drachenfest sounds like a fun idea. My group and I are still debating between gold and grey camp, so I don't know where I'll be yet.
>>
>>9408232
Knight of the Kitchen Table?
>>
>>9408234
Yep, the new village idiot.
>>
>>9408282
Ay lmao, if you're who I think this is I just sent you a facebook message.

Otherwise just poke Arnaud from your group and tell him "tweede strop is gratis" he'll know who to contact.
>>
>>9408290
Either you guessed wrong or facebook is being slow. Both are about equally likely. Anyway, check your skype.

Also, "welke stoel?"
>>
File: tips kettle.jpg (101KB, 591x717px) Image search: [Google]
tips kettle.jpg
101KB, 591x717px
>>9408119
>>9408125
>Also trust me; even for your knight, the kettle-helmet will somehow look far superior.

Depends on the design of the kettle hat and what kit you combine it with if you want to display knightly class. Key features is painting it to match your kit colors but also having a design that is not to simple or is identical to what the plebs use.

But overall, kettle hat is the superior helmet. It shields you face and neck from sun and rain, and it favors the use of a proper and rigid bevor to protect your throat. It can be accessorized with a face guard and a mail coif goes well with it.
>>
File: 1463170185793.jpg (563KB, 1000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
1463170185793.jpg
563KB, 1000x1333px
>>9408307
And its also the ultimate anti-show-off helmet.
>>
>>9408318
>anti show-off helmet

This is why it's the best helmet.
>>
>>9407548
>expensive and complicated
While you're kind of right, your average segmented do is going to require fewer specialized tools than just banging out a cuirass.

>>9408056
Isn't Amtgard supposed to be be nominally medieval? I get that American battlegames are costume-optional, but jesus fucking christ.
Also
>$300
He should get a refund. As a cosplayer, that tunic is worth maybe half that if you overcharge hilariously for labor.

>>9408194
SCA combat has a higher barrier to entry. Heavy fighting needs a helmet and decent body preotection, C&T (and rapier) need what boils down to HEMA gear. You either have to save for a while to build your kit, or have the cash to commit.
LARP requires less investment.

>>9408108
Hundsgugel and Klappvsior a best. Closely followed by the sallet.
>>
>>9408116
>>9408396
>>9408307
>GOD TIER
Kettle
Visored Bascinet
Visored Sallet

>GREAT TIER
Close
Armet
Visored Burgonet
Unvisored Bascinet
Unvisored Sallet
Decorated great

>GOOD TIER
Frog mouth
Undecorated great

>MEH TIER
Spangen
Enclosed
Lobster
Nasal

>BAD TIER
Morion
Barbute
Cervelliere

>SHIT TIER
Roman
>>
>>9408415
Ah yes, the Roman helmet. The sole style worn from 753BC until 476AD.
>>
File: armour_8c.jpg (56KB, 400x533px) Image search: [Google]
armour_8c.jpg
56KB, 400x533px
>>9408415
>Barbute

Well, I suppose your average Conan bad guy needs a helmet too.

Shame that the current helmet that I am drooling of is a visored barbute. Looks perfect when the visor is down, but instantly drops a lot of style point when it goes up.
>http://www.bestarmour.com/barbute_1.html
>Barbute BB 1.2 A
>>
>>9408442
Barbute's not actually too bad and gains a lot of points when it has a visor. I've just gotten sick of almost every helmet in media being some barbute-esque shit with a T shaped visor.
>>
I want to get into this shit but there's only fucking Amtgard around here in my shit location. If I'm going to rock up, I'm going to rock up looking good. Any advice on where I can get good roman looking shit, or at least some solid period pieces I won't feel like a piece of shit wearing?
>>
File: 1445645351841.jpg (188KB, 900x761px) Image search: [Google]
1445645351841.jpg
188KB, 900x761px
>>9408450
>If I'm going to rock up, I'm going to rock up looking good

Aim for the late roman kit. Don't be a bestbuy romano fag like the rest.
>>
>>9407681
>I don't know what Yoroi is
Equivalent to a European Harness.
>have a fully oriental NPC army?
If by Orient you mean "Central" or Eastern Europe...
>>
>>9407827
Poor lobster, they cut of its claws :(
>>
>>9408062
Is that Dobson on his surcoat?
>>
>>9408492
But where would I start making/purchasing it?
>>
Thinking about getting a metric fuck tonne of cord and make a soft armor out of that, anyone knows a good knotting metheod for knotting squares?
>>
>>9408746
You better be part of a group or some magical string drifter.
>>
File: 1468008290482.png (284KB, 532x916px) Image search: [Google]
1468008290482.png
284KB, 532x916px
>>9408746
Extra wide solomon bars?

For what purpose?
>>
>>9408620
I have no knowledge about north american shops, except armstreet.

I suggest you copy that guys kit in the pic I posted earlier, to make it easy for yourself. The tunic can be made at home and so does the scarf, just go to the biggest sewing shop in your area and search for single colored wool fabrics.
>>
>>9408924
Yeah trying to decipher the various bits of garb into what goes where it's s nightmare for me grin these pictures. It looks like he's wearing chain with leather straps attached? How wound you even do that?
>>
>>9409079
I think it might be some kind of arming vest to give extra support to the mail and also provide extended protection with the leather strips.

I would probably buy something like this and attach the leather strips myself.
http://www.mytholon.com/en/costumes/mens-costumes/doubletsjacketsvests/11546/penda-leatherjerkin-suede?c=1361
Cheaper option that also provides a collar (good to have with mail)
http://www.mytholon.com/en/costumes/mens-costumes/doubletsjacketsvests/6061/orthello-suede-vest?c=1361

I think the feet and lower ankle are covered in a single piece cloth wrap, probably wool but it could be linen as well.

Im not an antique expert but if you hang around the in the thread for a while I think you might bump in to one who can give more details and share some expertise.
>>
File: IMG_20170326_213126.jpg (213KB, 1233x925px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170326_213126.jpg
213KB, 1233x925px
Made an attempt to get rid of the old lady smell out of the shoulder bag I bought recently. Gonna grease it up tomorrow and hopefully it will be fit for the upcoming season.

By the way, anyone know of a way to make the leather go a few shades darker?
I think it would look a bit better with the rest of my kit that way.
>>
>>9409228
Olive oil rubbed in will do the trick. It may take several coats to go the shade you want but that is better than drowning it in oil and having it soaked through.
>>
>>9409257
That simple? And I guess I need to leave it be for a few days after each coating to dry in?

Thanks!
>>
>>9409269
One coat a day will be fine, but on a smaller item like a belt you would only need to wait a few hours before the next coat depending on how much you apply in one go.

So, what are you going to put in the bag?
>>
File: IMG_20170326_230222.jpg (298KB, 1233x925px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170326_230222.jpg
298KB, 1233x925px
>>9409293
Its gonna replace my crappy old belt bag, and since it larger and have shoulder straps its gonna fulfill the function as my soldiers utility bag.

From left to right:
>200ml bottle for special drinks or extra water (have a czech water bottle in shipping)
>dice poker set to kill time with other grunts or rip off villagers
>pocket watch to synchronize raids or cheat watch duty
>coin pouch for them coinz
>bandage in case we intend to take survivors as hostages
>matches in case we need to burn down villages
>gloves to keep sword hand warm at night
Situational:
>archery glove in case I need to stealth archer some faggot

I will also have room for my wallet and phone, or a sandwich/snacks in case I go on a long mission. Also feels good to remove weight from my belt, pure bliss now that both my sword and bag is shoulder fixed.

Thanks for asking, and what do you (and other guys) keep in your bags?
Post bag loadout
>>
>>9409321
Wooden bowl,horn spoon, bone dice (not all honest), gloves, any food that can be scrounged, bone needle and linen thread for field repairs of clothing.

Seperate leather waterbottle and coin pouch.

A wax tablet and stylus are on my wishlist.
>>
>>9409336
You playing a scribe I suppose?
>>
>>9408057
I don't play amtgard anon. My larp actually has some heavy role playing in it. But because of the more realistic combat rules It's more "what you see is what you get". I honestly enjoy it a lot more; it means that if somebody wants to play, say, a master swordsman, they actually have to be decent at sword fighting/larp sword fighting ooc. There's no "I've been playing this longer so I have a higher level than you". Special snowflake characters are a lot fewer too; being a sneaky rogue who can't get caught for instance actually requires you to be good at sneaking or bluffing people, or it just won't work. Obviously if you RP well people give you leeway, but you get my point.

That's kinda where my annoyance is coming from. Assholes thinking they can ignore the rules when dealing with new players really puts a dent in the whole concept of "if you can't RP it it didn't happen".

Plus it's really annoying.
>>
Hey guys, I'm interested in cold hammering my own pieces of armour. I have a few tools, and I've got myself a hammer I don't mind murdering, and found a place that sells offcuts and sheet metal near me for a reasonable price. Ultimate goal is to use stuff I make in LARPing, assuming it's not going to damage people's weapons.

Anybody know a forum or even a 4chan general I could ask my retarded questions in? Armour archive looks good, but I'm sure there is more out there.

Also, any of you guys done this before? How'd it turn out?
>>
>>9409534
Never done anything with metal armor personally, but as always with general metal working: Its metal, its the easiest craftmanship to dick around with and learn on your own. People think its harder because the tools cost more and are heavy and dangerous.

I suggest you read up on the basics with materials, gauges, methods etc and try to follow a guide on the internet for your first few pieces. You will get some things right from the start, and fail some others. Its better to see what you need to improve on since it gives you a better bearing on what you need to learn.

The good thing about metal is that if you make a mistake, its often easy to reverse the damage. Tailoring or wood working have lower entry levels, but if you make a mistake it is not always possible to salvage the situation or it will affect the end result considerably.

Just don't loose an eye or an arm or something in the process. Always remove gloves when dealing with rotary machinery and have your eye protection on at all time.
>>
>>9409534
Check this out if you haven't done so already. Some of the history is a little dodgy but the practicals are sound enough from what I understand.

https://www.arador.com/armour/downloads/Basic-Armouring.pdf
>>
>>9409522
Ah i see where you're coming from. my bad.

The only way i can see you getting around that is to get a great kit desu.
>>
>>9409631
Yeah, that's basically all I can think of. I've got a few projects nearing completion (buckler, chainmaille and fireballs) and could likely make a shitty tabard quite fast, but those will all take me a few days. Guess I'm gonna pull an all nighter or two to get 'em ready.
>>
>>9408126
>dat smug on number 1
>>
File: DSC02783.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
DSC02783.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>9406782
>See those look lovely, but they also don't look like they have enough ankle heel or arch support to run around the woods in armour safely.
And here am I with these shoes spent 3 years running around the woods in armour safely, sometimes ankle deep in mud too...

>>9407568
This is true. It's much easier to make japanese larp tier armour (may or may not from alternative materials not from steel) then european breastplates and such.
It's a little more time consuming but not as much as making a chainmail, plus the fact that most of the japanese armours were... varnished? lacquered? whatever it is it makes way more room in making it look believable
>>
>>9407800
>I'm seriously considering getting a spear or something, and breaking rules on hard hits, and just jamming it into people. I'd like to see them ignore a hit that staggers them.
you would be surprised how much people can ignore hits.
I mean there was a guy who was shoved backwards at least a meter by his throat with a halberd and he still thought it wasn't a hit.
Back in ye olden days in Hungary when we weren't that nice the solution for people who were too creative on taking hits were hitting harder or throwing them into the Danube

>>9408101
>for countries where carrying blades in public is illegal, would it be a good idea to get a HEMA blunt smallsword as a costume sword? If so, who makes good ones?
well, in most countries it is illegal to carry blades in public. That doesn't stop most of us though...
Anyway I know from experience that Landsknecht Emporium makes pretty good blunt costume swords and on a good price. It's just takes forever to get one as other realized this too and he is swimming in orders...
By the way, why is it important if it's illegal or not carrying swords in public?

>>9408194
>why is LARP so much more heavily represented in this general than SCA?
because it is a LARP thread, not an SCA thread. And as surprising as it comes, those two are entirely different things.
>>
>>9409967
>and he still thought it wasn't a hit.

Well, depending on the rules, since the face/head/neck often isn't a zone you're allowed to hit, people tend ignore hits there.

>throwing them into the Danube
To the appropriate background music, I hope?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CTYymbbEL4
>>
>>9409967
>>9409984
god damn if Hungarian was in charge of throwing people into the Danube it would be skin colored not blue
>>
>>9409988
might be red too as I'm personally in favor of shooting people into the Danube.

But there WERE people who ended up in rivers because of the constant asshattery they did. But not enough.
>>
>>9409829
Osprey guys are often smug.
>>
>>9410167
>don't use his shield
>>
File: 663_009.jpg (279KB, 953x730px) Image search: [Google]
663_009.jpg
279KB, 953x730px
>>9406282
Not all army boots are ugly ass. But I'm partial, as those brodequins are keeping my ankle safe from the shin guard. Also, heavy military boots make the noise people expect from something in heavy armor.

What I feel cancerous is all those dumbass using those black combats boots, being too dumb to maintain them properly, and end up destroying them and complain about their durability.
Mines seem to have more than 60 years....

Of course, using the black on a medieval kit without camouflage is dumb.

The club I'm in ( wargame, Tabletop RPG, ect. ) is preparing a convention. I proposed to make a arena and get people to play (1c1, mind you) with larp sword.
But I'm shit at calculating area.
I need to choose an area to know how many mobile fences I will need.
How many m2 would be safe for absolute newbies ?
>>
>>9410278
>How many m2 would be safe for absolute newbies ?
At least 4x4, but I'd go for 5x5 if not more. Remember that the area to fence off grows exponentially if you go beyond that, though.
>>
File: ANGER.png (129KB, 270x403px) Image search: [Google]
ANGER.png
129KB, 270x403px
>>9408415
>Frogmouth
>Anything but shit tier
You fucked up
>>
>>9410278
>How many m2 would be safe for absolute newbies ?
depends on the size of the weapons. on cons my experience is that if it's a very short weapon (like the calimacil prince), then 2x2 meter is more than enough (plus 1 meter buffer zone between other fighters), it will be a ctafight.
Longer weapons needs more obviously
>>
>>9405173
[spoiler] Mine is better [/spoiler]
>>
>>9410507
f-fug
>>
>>9410507
[pretendspoiler]It is desu but mine was cheap, free delivery and from within the country so I can't complain: still really pleased with it and it lets me play knight dress up.[/pretendspoiler]
>>
>>9410517
>tfw i paid 130 bucks for this helmet
>tfw im only now getting more pieces of armor so i become knightman

Almost there lads.
>>
File: DSC_0182.jpg (954KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0182.jpg
954KB, 2592x1944px
>>9410539
This gauntlet is familiar.
where did you get it ? Mine was second hand.
>>
>>9410539
do you guys actually wear full armor for larping or are these more like showroom pieces? wouldn't that be cumbersome/hot?
i'm intrigued now
>>
>>9410571
I got mine at a huge discount because they had only the left gauntlet left, bought it at a fair.
>>
>>9410586
>wouldn't that be cumbersome/hot?
nah, it's not hot at all. Actually we sometimes get slight hypotermia when we march and fight in armour under the sun in 40 celsius.

Joking aside, yes it's hot but nothing you can't manage. And not everyone wears full armour. Although obviously depends on your definition of full armour.

>>9410517
>but mine was cheap, free delivery and from within the country so I can't complain
mine was cheaper and made for me specifically, if we are taking a piss contest
>>
>>9410278
>What I feel cancerous is all those dumbass using those black combats boots, being too dumb to maintain them properly, and end up destroying them and complain about their durability.
From someone who was issued black military boots under instructed maintenance supervision and personally owns a pair of Le tactical black combat boots, you are wrong.

Those walmart boots suck, their leather is usually very thin and of low quality. They break easily to wear no matter how good your maintenance is.

>Mines seem to have more than 60 years....
The term "they dont make it like they used to" isnt just old people bantering...
>>
>>9410686
You tell.
Made to last. http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Mens-Vintage-WWII-WW2-Brown-Leather-Military-Combat-Buckle-Boots-7-5-/192135113867?hash=item2cbc252c8b%3Ag%3ADB4AAOSwImRYCTvx

The black model are more like your vietnam rangers. should be durable as well. maybe not as much, but well ennought for larpers.
>>
How do I, as a polearm-user, defeat a shieldman who uses one of those tower-shield sized shields?
>>
>>9410817
hit the head when it pop up, he can't see shit with that. barring that, force him to cover his head, then aim somewhere else while he isn't seeing shit.

Can't because Larp don't allow that ?

Take the shield break feat. there should be one, and it should be for 2hander.
>>
>>9410817
>>9410837
Depends on the game. If grappling is allowed, then take advantage of the fact that the dude's strapped a gigantic handle to his forearm.

If you're working with traditional battlegame rules (ie: hit location, no grappling, no abilities), then you're kinda fucked one-on-one. Buddy up with a couple other polearm dudes and form a pike block. In this kind of ruleset you should should be working as a supporting fighter anyways.

If it's your standard LARP magic+special abilites tapfight, load up on things that let you disarm or break shields.

Also, wear as much armor as humanely possible. Thanks to how LARP combat works, you'll need all the help you can get.
>>
What's a good place to get SCA grade gauntlets that don't look like shit?
>>
>>9411202
*note I'm looking for full finger protection, not demis as I intend to get into two handed weapons over board.
>>
>>9410507

The Ikea deathstar is unforgivable, though.

>>9410651
>mine was cheaper and made for me specifically

But yours is a weird bastard son of a morion and a visored sallet
>>
>>9405173
Woudnt buy that, but if youre happy with it
>>
File: Screenshot_20170327-002713.jpg (739KB, 937x1940px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170327-002713.jpg
739KB, 937x1940px
Saw some pictures of a dutch event called the dwaler from last weekend, i liked this teutonic dude
>>
>>9410586
>do you guys actually wear full armor for larping

Depends on the occasion. Most days I just put on the breastplate, greaves and vambraces, since combat is always to be expected, but it doesn't always call for full gear.

There are those days that you just know shit's gonna go down, though, so then it's pauldrons, vambraces, faulds and helmet.

As for heat, admittedly there are a lot of gaps in the armour still. Could realistically be abused, but eh.
>>
>>9411301
>medieval duckface

That helmet is one of those things that stops being original because everyone buys them to be original.
>>
>>9411301
That's not fucking right at all. That's a lower Mediterranean helm, not fucking German.
>>
>>9411288
Anon, first of all, it's a kettle hat, secondly, every sallet has a visor by default.

>>9410817
hit the top part of the shield hard then quickly the legs. Or just hook and pull down the top part or the side and stab if your polearm capable of that.
If you have room BIG telegraphed swings from the side can frighten him to pull up the shield and then quickly change directon to be a lower sweep.
>>
>>9411310
W-what should I take then ? It's the only one that fits my outfit.
>>
>>9411377
Literally all of the early medieval full-face helmets? Sugarloaf, great helm, norman/conical with a full aventail?
>>
File: 1479614159724.jpg (87KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1479614159724.jpg
87KB, 720x1280px
I want pour money into armors (both samurai's and knight's) but i lack the capital.
What are cheap alternatives that look good to full armor sets?
>>
>>9411395
How much capital you have anon? Knight armor will only run you up around $2,000 total for an SCA grade kit, including shield and weapons. And this depends on whether or not if you want steel full armor. If you opt for something like pic related with some modern armor underneath, you can knock off 500 USD or more off the total.
>>
>>9411403
Lets say 500$ which is all of my spending money atm
>>
>>9411301
It strives be to pretty historically inspired for a LARP, the setting being the Dutch countryside and it's myths. So it's low/high fantasy mix where all the fantasy is based on the folklore from the 12th century.

>>9411323
Welp, and here I heard all those good things about the LARP! In all honesty though; it's a bit nitpicky, although I do agree that he should've researched more. To most LARPers (me included) it will look period-correct enough.

>>9411395
Mytholon if you want LARP quality rather than SCA. You can get 0.8-1.2 thickness pretty cheap, just don't try to get hit with the thick dildos they use at SCA.
>>
File: Balthasar-set-blank.jpg (653KB, 900x1125px) Image search: [Google]
Balthasar-set-blank.jpg
653KB, 900x1125px
>>9411411
For 500 Euros you can easily get near to full plate.
This set, sans helmet, is 500 euros. And there's even cheaper (elias was about 350-400 I thought.)
>>
File: 300m8.jpg (482KB, 900x1125px) Image search: [Google]
300m8.jpg
482KB, 900x1125px
>>9411411
Even cheaper than that you got this set for 300, so you can still pitch in a helmet. Once again, this is Mytholon quality armour which means it's great for LARP and shit for anything else.
>>
>>9411411
In all honesty anon, you should wait. Get into LARP or Reenactment when you've got a lot of cash to blow and aren't working on such a tight budget.
>>
>>9411438
What kinda weird remark is this? LARP can easily be done on a budget, just learn how to sew (it's really fucking easy mate, esp for the medieval patterns which are mainly kept simple because that's all they could do.)
>>
>>9411288
>The Ikea deathstar is unforgivable, though.

fite me
>>
>>9411395

If you're comfortable with DIY, you could make a samurai's armour out of discarded plastic barrels/drums. Since you can paint the entire thing, its easy to cover up the plastic.

You could do the same with a brigandine since it will be covered in cloth (while worn).

Naturally, this is good only for LARPs. And you must absolutely be sure of what was stored in those barrels before you consider heating/wearing the plastic.
>>
Aight, Dutchbros!

What do you know about a larp called Legendfalls?

Good? Bad? Ugly?
>>
>>9411411
I'd buy a good gambeson set and a helmet to start off with, or a quality chain mail to train with.
>>
>>9411522
I didn't know this existed, might try it someday.
>>
>>9411438
that's retarded. it's not a sane thing to dump a lot of cash into a hobby that you doesn't even know if you would like on the long run.

First try it out, and after a few months or a year if you are sure about it then start dumping serious money into it
>>
>>9411522
Checked the starting page, saw a loose link on it called "Slavernij???" (Slavery???). Fucking died laughing just because it was listed like;

-You can pay with Ideal now!
-Setting information!
-Map of the setting
-Slavery!??
>>
>>9411522
Checking the pictures it seems pretty "meh" both on the numbers and the costumes. Or well, not to my taste atleast. You can see a lot of the costumes are original and self-made/scavenged, but it all feels a little too old-school LARPish for me. Though there's a few really good looking ones in there just the amount of modern-fabric/velours stuff.
Also the beast-kin races, which are almost alway slaves feels weirdly fetish-y to me. But that might just be remnants from spending too much time on /tg/ and seeing where people can take that stuff.

Can't see the size of the event, so not sure, but I think it's about 50 people? Also the modern location in a forest does kinda hurt.

Besides all that it looks like a good LARP, just not one I'd go to. It's definitely not a bad one, but it doesn't jump out of the LARP in the Netherlands that's sick and insta-want. It looks more like a 6.5/10.
>>
>>9411301
>>9411323
>That's not fucking right at all. That's a lower Mediterranean helm, not fucking German.

It's also a flawed reconstruction, the eye slits are way too small and should expose most of the cheekbones. I've never seen a version of that helm done right.

>>9411415
>Welp, and here I heard all those good things about the LARP! In all honesty though; it's a bit nitpicky, although I do agree that he should've researched more. To most LARPers (me included) it will look period-correct enough.

If that is typical for your LARP then you are doing very well compared to most. The effort to ground itself in the 12thC is admirable and some errors are natural.

Duckbills are a particularly insidious problem even for 12thC reenactment (my primary interest these days). The errors in the reproductions, the limited geographic spread (one image from Italy and another from Spain that I know of), the fact that they are misattributed as Italo-Norman helms and the extreme rarity compared to other period helms.

It looks period-correct despite these issues because most people get their information from other reenactors/larpers, the vendors of replica armour or Osprey rather than examining the primary sources themselves. And since these people encourage the use of a visually distinctive helmet then why question things? It becomes entrenched as accepted practice and it can be difficult for pesky things like facts or research make a dent.

>>9411377
>W-what should I take then ? It's the only one that fits my outfit.

The 12thC is pretty slim in terms of helmet selection. The main option are nasal helms of varying styles; conical, smurf-hat (no, these are not Italo-Norman specific either) or domed depending on culture/decade.

A very, very distant second are early enclosed helms (proto-great helms) but they only come in during the 1180/90s. You could also wear a secret under your maille coif in the same period.
>>
>>9405465
>Public Masturbation is legal in Sweden
>>
>>9411823
>It's also a flawed reconstruction, the eye slits are way too small and should expose most of the cheekbones. I've never seen a version of that helm done right.
No, it's a realistic version of it. The gigantic exposure in the statue you're speaking of is obviously crude artwork that is not up to any standards given it's a miniature carving.
>>
Alright lads, Post your favorite helmet, be it from looks or practicality.
>>
File: dscn3487.jpg (48KB, 381x600px) Image search: [Google]
dscn3487.jpg
48KB, 381x600px
>>9411823
>The 12thC is pretty slim in terms of helmet selection. The main option are nasal helms of varying styles; conical, smurf-hat (no, these are not Italo-Norman specific either) or domed depending on culture/decade.
This is BS, there's a shitload of variation in early helm design.
>>
>>9411987
I assume you are talking about the Santa Maria de lo Real church carving from Sanguesa, Spain (pictured).

This entirely ignores the fact that the archetypal version of the helmet originates in a fresco from Spoleto, Italy.

http://www.akg-images.com/Docs/AKG/Media/TR3_WATERMARKED/d/0/f/e/AKG570608.jpg

I think you'll agree that the Becket fresco is not crude artwork and faithfully depicts late 12thC military equipment. In both cases it is quite apparent that the helmet is not a clumsy attempt to show a faceplate with small eyeslits but there is a deliberate choice to expose the cheeks. This is consistent with the usual view that these helmets are a further development of the "expanded nasal" type where side bars have been added to connect the T-nasal to the brim of the helmet and forming an open mask.

Frankly on the Sanguesa helmet it would have been easier to carve a complete mask and add small eyes, than go to the trouble of exposing the cheeks and depict the slender nasal and sides of the mask. There is not much point looking at artistic evidence for helmets in a period with almost no extant originals if you are going to selectively discount elements of those depictions because you know better than the artists. When the two primary sources for this style depict the same thing, and this is consistent with our understanding on the evolution of helmet designs in the 12thC it does not seem reasonable to claim the "real" helmet had different characteristics based on no real evidence whatsoever. "The art is bad, so my fantasy version is correct" is not a convincing argument.

The Hortus Deliciarurm manuscript does depict a faceplate with small eyeholes so clearly if that was what an artist wanted to draw then they were capable of doing so. Wearing a helm in that style is fine, but trying to justify a bad reproduction of a seperate helmet is not.
>>
>>9412007
It's true that there were variants in the 12thC. The expanded nasal I mentioned above is possibly the most common of these. However A) I was running out of characters in the original post, B) most of these variants are difficult if not impossible to source which makes them of lesser concern when suggesting suitable helmets to a LARPer and C) nasal helms were overwhelmingly the most common throughout the 12thC.

I never claimed that nasal helms were universal or that there were not a variety of variants and related designs. I said that the main type of helmet worn was a nasal helm of one shape or another and looking at the evidence from the period will reveal that the exceptions are a small minority.
>>
File: 20170328_150758.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20170328_150758.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
Hey hey larpfags.

Just finally taking stock of my kit from a tournament this weekend, and thought I'd give a little PSA on the value of armour quality.

For all you hopeful SCA and ACL/HMB fighters, this is a 12 gauge, heat treated, spring stainless helmet after a polearm came up behind me while I was on his buddy. I didn't drop in four blows, but if my team mate didnt take him out, I might have been in real shit.

DON'T BE CHEAP ON PRACTICAL KIT.
>>
File: 20170328_150805.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20170328_150805.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
>>9412066
>>
File: 20170328_150817.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20170328_150817.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
>>9412068
>>
>>9412066
So, do you find yourself corrected on the falchion subject or still insist on your version?
>>
>>9412086
I'll accept that the falchions I use may not be 100% accurate, but having practical expierence with a design vs. Pure academic speculation leaves a big gap in our opinions.
>>
>>9412094
not everyone use unathentic falchions or buhurt shit, so it's not purely academical.
>>
>>9412066
>>9412068
>>9412070
What the fuck did that?
>>
>>9412099
With our minimum edge/point diameters, I will still argue

>>9412101
Steel polearm.
>>
>>9412119
well, I'm not prancing around that larpsafe weapons are authetnic, you shouldn't do that with sport equipment either.
>>
>>9412128
Im not, but I am saying I understand why it would be classed with mass weapons. The Albion Vassal falchion is pretty fucking close to an original piece, and it is a choppy mother fucker when I got to do some cuts with it.
>>
File: 2014-09-04 14.03.02.jpg (687KB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
2014-09-04 14.03.02.jpg
687KB, 1920x1440px
>>9412094
>Pure academic speculation

So, lets get this straight....

The *world authority* on a subject talks about dimensions, comparing those of archaeological examples from half a dozen nations to those of the ACL bohurt style repros, demonstrating exactly where those ones you use are completely wrong. For their professional career, they publish peer-reviewed research, they make exact re-creations of those originals, testing the cutting performance of each type, and recording the handling characteristics

And you call this "speculation"....

Because your use of an incorrectly made, over-thick, overweight poorly handling copy of one of these weapons at sporting events competing in (fairly) friendly contests where you are not attempting to use them for their original purpose - killing people - somehow gives you more experience on the subject in a discussion about what the real ones are like - not what the repros are like, but what the real ones were?

do you honestly think that what you have is in any way comparable for study of this subject?
>>
>>9412179
most messers are choppy too but I don't call them axes or maces either. Or mass weapons
>>
>>9412194
But messer geometry is vastly different.

I promise you, being hit with a messer is vastly different from a falchion.
>>
>>9412211
well, no shit? they are different weapons. Do you know what vastly different to be hit with? axes. They are vastly different from falchions.
>>
>>9412190
lmfao fatclown BTFO
>>
guys plz not the falchion autism again
>>
>>9412211
>But messer geometry is vastly different.

Really?

please, show me these examples of "vastly" different messers and falchions.

because of the extant messers I've handled, and the extant falchions, there are far more similarities than differences in the blade geometry. Particularly those of type 5, for instance. or the type 3c/d/e groups.

In fact, as a matter of interest, I'm going to make a little stab in the dark, the most likely messer you've held in your hands will be the ex-higgins Accession Number 2036.3. There arent many in the US, after all.
and as for falchions, well, which ones? Castlerock, or the Met? I doubt you've got access to the Met, given how busy LaRocca and co are.
if it is the castlerock one, yes, it is different. 2036.3 is quarter of a millennium younger, you might as well compare an type XII, and an XV, and say that they have different geometry, and one is choppier. In fact, you would find just as much difference there.

More importantly, how many _others_ have you also studied, to make this conclusion?

What is the sum total of your number of points of reference to make this claim?
>>
>>9412225
have you got a better subject to get autistic about? There is still time to squeeze in a different flaming row before we need a new thread.
>>
>>9412225
They gotta feel like they have meaning in life.

>>9412227
>please, show me these examples of "vastly" different messers and falchions.

...Take five seconds to look at a picture of extant falchions and extant messers retard. Please try to claim that The shorter spatulate blades are anywhere close to a much thinner messer.

How many reconstructions of both various messers and falchions have you physically swung in test cuts?
>>
>>9412225
I really wish I didn't have to. I'm sure you have many more interesting things to discuss after all.

But I sincerely hope you can also appreciate, I got pointed towards the last thread and asked to make some comments because it is, well, if not my life's work then certainly the product of nearly 10 years of research. I've had quite a lot invested in the subject.

And as such, it is absurdly tiresome for me to be faced with the sort of wilful ignorance and refusal to learn that has been said, again and again. If it were some random anonymous person or ten, saying the same old outdated myths. But the person saying this has something of a following, people who perceive his ideas as being correct. And that's problematic, because while I've spent those last 10 years, slowly working toward the publication of the book that will kill these myths stone cold dead, I've also worked hard to educate people about the reality which he's so doggedly refusing to acknowledge. I'd rather not see his daft notions be repeated by another ten anonymous people who think "oh, I remember them, Gropey told me..."

So, I sincerely hope you will pardon the fact that I'm having to drag the subject kicking and screaming back up, thanks to his refusal to admit he's wrong. However much I drag the stubborn mule to water, I cant make him drink, but I would like to hope that eventually either he might realise that he doesn't know what he's talking about here, or those others reading here will pause and realise he's is, as we say here, being a gobshite.
>>
>>9412228
Shoes and hats are always good. Dickswords vs boffers too.
>>
>>9412190
>>9412225
>>9412227
Fucking falchion fetishists. If you want to prove your point fight irl and let god chose whos right. At this rate you are just being a twat and driving anons to Gropey out of hate for you.

>>9412228
We havent hated furfags in a while
>>
>>9412228
Hey, we were starting to get into helmet autism before we started back up on swords but with one edge

>>9412179
Having a far POB =/= mass weapon. Just because ACL/HMB builds its weapons as single-flanged maces doesn't mean that they're a reflection of what these weapons were built to do.

>>9412066
Got a pic of your full kit? That helmet looks amazing.
>>
>>9412247
>They gotta feel like they have meaning in life.
you really want to play that card after saying "prove me wrong"?
Either do arguments properly or don't pretend that you know shit if you aren't ready to defend your point
>>
>>9412253
Piss off and take your cancer with you.
>>
>>9412256
>We havent hated furfags in a while
Because there is nothing to argue about when it comes to them.

>>9412258
>Having a far POB =/= mass weapon. Just because ACL/HMB builds its weapons as single-flanged maces doesn't mean that they're a reflection of what these weapons were built to do.

I own up to that here >>9412094, but also take both an Albion and a BKS period reconstruction used in cuttings as part of my practical use opinion.

>Got a pic of your full kit? That helmet looks amazing.

Nothing recent, and I post my bucket all the time.

>>9412261
But I stand by again, measurements and assumptions vs. actually taking a reproduced sharp and swinging it.
>>
>>9412253
Please just go away already.
>>
>>9412254
What about boffer falchions?
>>
>>9412266
I respect your opinion, but I also wanna dick measure about practical cutting experience now.
Angus Trim tends to hang around my local tournament scene and brings a fat bundle of swords when he drops into cutting demonstrations. I've put one of his OG Thorpe falchions into a double roll before and good god was that smooth.
>>
>>9412266
>But I stand by again, measurements and assumptions vs. actually taking a reproduced sharp and swinging it.
what you produced so far is anecdotal evidence so far. You said that you feel a falchion is this or that way when you swung some kind of repo. You didn't produced any kind of data just your word.

Your word was questioned with hard data.

So you can either question that data with a proper argument and not like a fucking 5 year old or provide your data and not just gossips and rumors.

I mean you allegedly worked in a museum you should know this, don't you?
>>
>>9412268
>>9412264
There's so much fucking sperg about historical authenticity on these threads, and when someone comes in with actual academic knowledge you want them to bugger off? His enthusiasm for the subject is no different for the Landsknecht wanking that happens with regularity.
>>
>>9412276
But like clownfag said, its still only math on paper with no irl use. And landsknecht are fags
>>
>>9412271
Quiet you.

>>9412272
>Angus Trim tends to hang around my local tournament scene and brings a fat bundle of swords when he drops into cutting demonstrations. I've put one of his OG Thorpe falchions into a double roll before and good god was that smooth.

Your sword e-peen is greater than mine, and I accept this with jealousy. What kind of rolls, tatami? Dry or soaked?

>>9412273
I will agree, but how do you best present data of practical application when the second party has not actually physically used a functional representation? Math and assumed data is great, but much like rocket design or anything else, paper data is only half the equation, but practical testing is the other half.

Now, if you want to fund me to buy several high end repros (lets say, 5, for the sake of and good spread), i'd happily take measurements of comparative balance, strike and handling characteristics compared to my repro messer or my arming sword.

>I mean you allegedly worked in a museum you should know this, don't you?

Still do. Right now im up to my armpits in bayonets.
>>
>>9412280
>no irl use
are you for real?
>>
>>9412288
Has he cut or fought with one?
>>
File: solingen-falchion-nowatermark.jpg (239KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
solingen-falchion-nowatermark.jpg
239KB, 1600x1200px
>>9412280
> its still only math on paper with no irl use.

So this is "math on paper" is it?

because this was made from the research into the handling characteristics of the surviving two originals of this type, taking that "math" and recreating one that was half corroded away.
>>
>>9412276
I think the disconnect is that flachionfag does have knowledge and credentials, but since he's never used one and presents his argument in an autistic fashion, it hurts his position.
>>
>>9412286
>when the second party has not actually physically used a functional representation
first of all why do you think cutleranon doesn't used any? Are you trying to pull off a "buth muh manlyness" argument here like a standard SCA retard? I hope not.
Secondly, why do care if the other used it or not? PRESENT FUCKING DATA! Make an argument for fuck sake, except of "well I waved a slab of metal" Make a video, draw stuff, try to build up an explanation why would it behave like an axe or mace when it is according to current data isn't built up like one. Or why do you think that the presented data is wrong. Anything just don't be a fucking retard for fuck sake.

>but practical testing is the other half.
then do it in a presentable form or find someone who already did

>Now, if you want to fund me to buy several high end repros (lets say, 5, for the sake of and good spread), i'd happily take measurements of comparative balance, strike and handling characteristics compared to my repro messer or my arming sword.
Did you fund the other side to do his research? Probably no.

>>9412292
>Has he cut or fought with one?
That's the only options for irl use? Nothing more?
>>
>>9412297
But have you actually used it?
>>
>>9412286
Soaked tatami. Barely took any effort to make it sail right through. 10/10 would use with a buckler.

>>9412280
>math on paper with no real use
Aside from the period originals that math is based on, right? I'm not gonna pretend that purely academic study of weapons is at all superior to practical experience, but there has to be a degree of intersect between the two.
>>
>>9412301
better question, did gropey used it? I mean if we go retard we might as well go full retard
>>
>>9412300
>then do it in a presentable form or find someone who already did
>Did you fund the other side to do his research? Probably no.

Ah, but you want me to present /my/ data. We're going to start fresh here. I'll await my funding.

>That's the only options for irl use? Nothing more?
Well, we could always grab a pig and go full COLDSTEEL.

>>9412304
>Soaked tatami. Barely took any effort to make it sail right through. 10/10 would use with a buckler.

Unf

>>9412305
Live sharp cutting with an Albion Vassal based on the Thorpe Falchion, and a BKS piece based on the Cluny.
>>
Can we stop with the falchions already? You're all faggots.
>>
>>9412310
>Ah, but you want me to present /my/ data. We're going to start fresh here. I'll await my funding.
but then you have to agree that you don't know enough yet until you can prove HIM wrong.
>>
>>9412316
I have the practical, he has the academic. We're both half of the equation. You wish for me to turn my practical experience into quantifiable data. I am giving you the ability to make it so.

Hell, I'll even be willing to allow someone a go with a sharp against my harness.
>>
>>9412321
>Hell, I'll even be willing to allow someone a go with a sharp against my harness

You got balls, even if thats retarded.
>>
>>9412321
>I have the practical
which you can't present so it's just as good as your word

> You wish for me to turn my practical experience into quantifiable data. I am giving you the ability to make it so.
You should have this ability not me.

>Hell, I'll even be willing to allow someone a go with a sharp against my harness.
And what would that prove? I was in the impression that we all agree falchions aren't against armours, or am I wrong on this?
>>
>>9412327
Not really. Wouldn't be the first time. Good harness can take a lot of abuse.

>>9412330
>which you can't present so it's just as good as your word
>You should have this ability not me.
But I am giving you the option. I am giving you the ability.

>And what would that prove? I was in the impression that we all agree falchions aren't against armours, or am I wrong on this?

Simply another level of comparative data. I have access to an accelerometer and impact measurement pads. Followup from a static measurement to a dynamic measurement as one would get in the form of hitting a moving body.

Just an offer, Slavfriend.
>>
>>9412347
>But I am giving you the option. I am giving you the ability.
You give me the option to prove you right?

>Simply another level of comparative data. I have access to an accelerometer and impact measurement pads. Followup from a static measurement to a dynamic measurement as one would get in the form of hitting a moving body.
So you want some data on something that nobody argues over yet instead of some data that would be a basis of your argument?
>>
>>9412276
Shit, Landsknecht wanking when? I'd love a Landsknecht circlejerk.

>>9412280
Delete this
>>
File: glasgow reserves.jpg (265KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
glasgow reserves.jpg
265KB, 1600x1200px
>>9412292
I've done cutting tests with sharp versions of
>Cluny CL.3542 ,
>Delft Legersmuseum Inv.no 011098,
>Norwich Castle Museum (Thorpe)
>and Royal Armouries IX.5409 (Castillon) falchions.

I've done test-cutting with sharp versions of
>Glasgow reserves' e.1939.69.hl,
>Galerie Fischer's 2011 auction messer,
>Slovácké muzeum Uherské Hradište, inventory no c. R 1 52; 04611 2.
>plus two further messers in private collections.

I've also done test-cutting with
>Royal Armouries IX.2639 (wakefield hangar)

- 5 of those made by my own hand, having studied the originals in person. Pic related, original, and a replica (with slight faults in the cross) from 2013.

I have studied HEMA for just short of 15 years, during which time I have studied

>Johannes Lecküchner's Kunst des messerfechten,
>Gregor Erhart Fechtbuch (MS E.1939.65.354)
>and Glasgow Fechtbuch (MS E.1939.65.341)

I've paid for that training with gallons of sweat, a bit of shed blood, two broken molars, and broken metacarpals in my right hand.

I have sparred with messer, as well as i.33 with falchion plenty of times. I am also in regular discussion with a large proportion of the senior figures in modern HEMA who compete at a higher level than I could, as they quite often discuss details of the weapons types with me.

I do not compete in BOTN or bohurt tournaments, as I have no interest in a modern sport with rules that do not encourage accurate use of techniques.

Like gropey (I hope), I have never killed anyone with a falchion or messer.
>>
>>9412327
Not really; an edged weapon isn't going to do shit in harnissefechten. Unless he lets someone stab him in the armpit, he should be completely safe.
>>
>>9412347
>Simply another level of comparative data. I have access to an accelerometer and impact measurement pads. Followup from a static measurement to a dynamic measurement as one would get in the form of hitting a moving body.

The falchion argument is stupid, but this sounds like a fucking awesome idea. I'd love to see youtube vids of various weapons measured like this.

>>9412354
>Like gropey (I hope), I have never killed anyone with a falchion or messer.

With clownfag, its debatable.
>>
Maybe clownfag and falchion fag will meet and accidentally impale each other, thus freeing this thread of autism forever.
>>
>>9412398
joke is on you, I will remain here as a source of autism
>>
>>9412401
You will die of a blood clot in your brain from slavsquatting too much.
>>
>>9412403
>Magyars
>Slavs
What.
>>
>>9412398
>freeing this thread of autism forever
Anon, the real autism was in you the whole time
>>
File: 1490035592732.jpg (45KB, 500x514px) Image search: [Google]
1490035592732.jpg
45KB, 500x514px
>>9412403
>hungarians slavsquatting

what are americans doing in our larp thread?
>>
>>9412421
waving a cloth-covered dicksword, throwing a beanbag, while wearing a polyester t-shirt and cheap cape, probably.

(ok, that was cruel. sorry, American LARPers)
>>
>>9412327
Not at all. Armour works.

>>9412352
>You give me the option to prove you right?
As a friend, i'll even give you a discount!

>>9412354
Respectable, which leads me to question how you could at all compare the blow physics between a falchion and a messer..

>Like gropey (I hope), I have never killed anyone with a falchion or messer.
You're not Santa Claus! You're not allowed to judge me!

>>9412379
>The falchion argument is stupid, but this sounds like a fucking awesome idea. I'd love to see youtube vids of various weapons measured like this.

I've given it thought before.

>>9412398
>Impale
I mean, you can thrust with some falchions, but its not what they are good at.

>>9412412
>>9412421
Hungarian has long been an honorary slav, and we have pictorial documentation of him slavsquatting.

>>9412430
...You're not wrong though.
>>
>>9412436
>I mean, you can thrust with some falchions, but its not what they are good at.
I didn't mean those swords. It's obvious you two love each other from how you squabble.
>>
>>9412436
>>You give me the option to prove you right?
>As a friend, i'll even give you a discount!
then I use this to prove you wrong. Done.
>>
>>9412467
SLAAAAAAAV!
>>
>>9412227
Gropey cant handle intellectuals man.

>>9412256
Yeah you're a flaming faggot. No one likes gropey.

>>9412268
faggot. Don't you get tired of sucking cock? quit samefagging.

>>9412276
exactly.
>>9412280
Math on paper got the greatest country to the moon, even though they'd never been to the moon. Gropey is an autistic fat fuck who has an absurd amount of cognitive dissonance.

>>9412300
Hungarian shining like the true knight he is. respect.
>>
>>9412321
You don't have the practical though, thats the issue. You have only used shitty cheap repos in "larp physics" situations, might I add, you have no actual combat experience either, and your entire LARP is based off of non-fatal tourneys in which you cannot grapple, strike below the knee, or strike from behind. You aren't a medieval knight. You're a neckbearded NEET.
>>
>>9412521
gr8 b8 m8.

>>9412524
>shitty cheap repos in "larp physics" situations
Albion and Baltimore knife works are not shitty by any stretch anon.
>>
>>9412524
>shitty
>cheap
>Albion
Lol, no.

>your entire LARP is based off of non-fatal tourneys in which you cannot grapple, strike below the knee, or strike from behind.
You have never seen bohurt fighting before. Its nothing but grapling, knee shots and cheap shots from behind.
>>
>>9412436
>question how you could at all compare the blow physics between a falchion and a messer.

Well, I'd probably have a chat with Daniel Jaquet, who did his doctorate on the subject of biomechanics in armour, and I'd use a couple of my old games industry contacts for local equivalents to what he did - arrange to get Motion Capture sessions, where I'll use a couple of XVs or XIIas with a couple of marker points on them, to do a series of cuts to tatami. That mocap can then be used to get an average motion arc for a single cut, and the tip velocity, which will carry through the cut. I'd then build either a spring-loaded test rig, or if I have the funding to do it right, pneumatic, which will mimic that arc as accurately as possible, with the same velocity consistently, with the same XV mounted in place. That would perform as a control to ensure a consistent process.

prior to that point I'd manufacture reproductions of each of the chosen test weapons, with exact data recorded from cataloguing of them. Full data of tht would also be recorded using Vincent Le Chavalier's data research of percussion points, dynamic properties, and vibratory nodes, for record of all variation between original, and the reproductions, especially in instances where corrosion loss has altered the original's data. Those would be mounted up, for cutting into ballistic gel with footage recorded on high-speed cameras. That way we're assured of exactly the same depth of cut, swing speed, force, and impact angle, each time. regardless of weapon held.

that process would enable accurate measurement of the same energy input each time. Use of ballistic gel ensures the performance characteristics are consistent, unlike cuts on organics, and depth shows practical effect.
use of the XV ensures a control with is neutral to both. with accurate reproduction of forces, we have an accurate set of data to calculate the full physics dataset of energy velocities and kinetic energy from the info gathered.
>>
>>9412521
>Math on paper got the greatest country to the moon
And practical experience got them home when all their shit failed, which was a regular occurrence... Point is, its a two part system.

>Hungarian shining like the true knight
HA.

>>9412524
>You have only used shitty cheap repos in "larp physics" situations
Albion is one of the best in the business.

> "larp physics" situations
Define this.

>might I add, you have no actual combat experience either
I wasn't always in the circus, anon. There is a reason I work in the specific field of history I do.

>your entire LARP is based off of non-fatal tourneys in which you cannot grapple, strike below the knee, or strike from behind.
As >>9412533 points out ACL/HMB is all about grappling, low blows and attacks from behind. I also study HEMA. I don't just do larp and SCA.

>You aren't a medieval knight.
Never claimed I was.

>You're a neckbearded NEET.
Do you even know what NEET means?

>>9412537
I meant how do you rationalize the comparison, not the actual physical process. I am sure the actual recorded data would prove the difference between the two just fine.
>>
>>9412524
If you're gonna obsess over him, you need to get to know him more. Its worth knowing your crush better.
>>
Can we PLEASE move on to some fresh autism?
>>
>>9412521
>>9412533
>>9412532

Albions' falchion is an excellent sword, as you'd expect from the design work of Peter Johnsson. there are a number of details that I'm sure Peter would be the first to point out if he were asked to design it again today, but it is an absolutely first-class example of the type.
I honestly cannot identify a single fault in it that would invalidate it as an excellent example of the type.

Much as I hate to say it, while both Matt and Kerry from BKS are two people I speak with quite regularly (the smithing community is small enough that we all know each other to some extent.) and I respect thir work greatly, the falchions they have made leave a lot to be desired, not just in fine details but in larger concepts of proportion and form. As such - and I say this with the disclaimer that I've not handled one in person, nor know exactly which model gropey has used - I am very cautious about using the BKS model as an example of medieval falchions. I would need to get hold of one to really make a more thorough examination and cross-reference to originals, but I would be absolutely amazed if their work handled like the real thing, it would literally be a shot in the dark that just happened to hit the bullseye.
>>
>>9412567
There is still some horse left to beat.

>>9412591
Assuming your falchionfag, I will completely accept your informed opinion on the BKS, as to be completely frank, it felt too light to me. This should come with the disclaimer, in that it was presented as a comparative piece to one of their rebated steel combat pieces of a similar design, demonstrative of house close they could get the their steel combat pieces to an actual weapon.
>>
>>9412595
You're* goddamn predictive text.
>>
>>9412225
>guys plz not the falchion autism again
It's too late... It was always too late...
>>
File: 14-DKM1953.W.148schöne.png (46KB, 1102x690px) Image search: [Google]
14-DKM1953.W.148schöne.png
46KB, 1102x690px
>>9412549
>I meant how do you rationalize the comparison, not the actual physical process. I am sure the actual recorded data would prove the difference between the two just fine.

you don't.
you record the cutting ability at identical force outputs. that identifies the performance characteristics of each one.

any other measurement is subjective - to state its "lighter" or heavier" or the likes if entirely down to the individual user's preferences, and as such is an unreliable method of recording data.

as such I would, as I mentioned, use Vincent le Chevalier's work on handling dynamics as the primary form of graphing the characteristics irrespective of user.

http://blog.subcaelo.net/ensis/visual-representation-mass-distribution/

I'd likely work with Peter to re-assess that work by Vincent in a similar fashion to his work for the Solingen 2015 exhibition, as its a better graphic design layout for ease of understanding.

http://blog.subcaelo.net/ensis/sword-form-thought/

At least, that's certainly my intention to be the method used to quantify the data for when the book on all the single-edged arms is finally published, because at this stage, I do not believe there is a more reliable method to catalogue the data..
>>
>>9412266
>but also take both an Albion and a BKS period reconstruction used in cuttings as part of my practical use opinion.
Dude, just stop. Your FEELINGS don't mean squat, your PERSONAL SUBJECTIVE EXPERIENCE doesn't mean much either. The other Anon has provided data that you CANNOT REFUTE because, surprise, you're not actually a specilist. Are you even an academic? Jesus, you claim to work at a MUSEUM and yet don't FEEL like you're wrong?

I've used those as well (let's stick with Albion for a second), and even with the same machine precision made manufacturer the difference between the four I've handled (One display model, two personally owned, one at a cutting event) can be significant.
Ergo should I FEEL that they're this way or that? Sure I can, but when faced with COPIOUS EVIDENCE I concede that my PERSONAL FEELINGS are just that.

My god, the information I've gained from this autism only nourishes my knowledge. I now know two things:
>1
Falcions, et al. are great.
>2
You can't argue with the wilfully ignorant, they'll just drag you down to their level or go full Trump mode trying to AMOG the other person.

If you actually considered yourself someone who was knowledgeable in this, perhaps even a leader of sorts, surely it behoves you to admit when you have something to learn, and that by learning it doesn't invalidate your personal subjective onions.

>t. Drama Teacher.
>>
>>9412627
>subjective onions
Go away Shrek. Its all ogre.
>>
>>9412297
Ah but, but how do you best present data of theoretical application when the second party has not actually studiously used a wall-hanger representation? Physical and proven data is great, but much like autism or anything else, physical reproduction data is only half the equation, but physics testing is the other half.

>then when that falls apart

Ah, but I'll call your bluff (at least I think I do) by saying YOU should pay ME so I can prove YOU corr-wrong, because I know that no one in their right mind would pay someone that amount without evidence that they know what they're doing.

Can someone make a Gropey Logical Fallacy Tree please? This is just too good.

>I still work in a museum

Your employment should be terminated and qualifications revoked, this is 1st year History Academics 101. At least you still have your Opions tho :^)
>>
>albion
>wallhanger
You're not even sad-funny. Just sad.

You and gropey need to just fuck already.
>>
>>9412354
>Yeah, but like, have you-um... Have you like ever travelled back in time to like, I dunno, kill someone in a duel?
>Because if you haven't, like-um, how can you say you're right and stuff?
>I basically have. Srs. Prove me wrong. Yeah, that's what I thought.
>If I don't listen you can't haha! I win. I feel that way is right, psh nothing personal Elmsie.
>Now please give me money so I can stop wearing out my knee-cops (they're called polyens, I know, I invented them, I work in a public learning institution y'know).

CHECK FUCKING MATE

t. Groopy_the_Assclown
>>
>>9412436
>I've given it thought before.
Cool, do it.
>>
>>9412537
but ur wrong tho
>>
>>9412652
You're an amazingly sad individual.
>>
>>9412652
Give it up mate. You are just broadcasting your prolapsed butthurt.
>>
>>9412625
This is an excellent and well thought out reply.

>>9412627
>>9412637
>>9412652
This is kinda heartbreakingly pathetic.

>>9412655
Any other weapon suggestions? Obviously avoiding things such as bec de corbins and other armour defeating weapons.
>>
>>9412652
Hows that strawman comming?
>>
>>9412625
This is all excellent.

>>9412633
If he's like me, he's on a phone with auto correct. He may be having issues typing while trembling with rage.

>>9412655
>>9412664
I have some old vids of the chirt/flint arrow vs. textile test we did back when I was at Jamestown/Yorktown foundation. I would totally be down for redoing that.
>>
>>9412657
>but ur wrong tho

then please be kind enough to suggest how *you* would go about consistently testing the performance characteristics of multiple weapons in the cut, without adding in human error through misalignment, different energy outputs, etc.

You may well have a better suggestion than I've come up with, and in all honesty, I would love to hear constructive suggestions of processes that you - or anyone else - would think of.

>>9412659
I'm inclined to agree. Gropey may be utterly wrong in the research of the arms which I've studied for so many years, but the puerile name-calling of those mocking at gropey's inability to grasp basic research principles, or those throwing insults at me in support of gropey alike.

That sort of behaviour does not contribute to actual learning about the subject.
>>
>>9412671

>>9412625
>This is all excellent.

Vincent's work is superb, the physics of some of it makes my brain ache at times, but when combined with Peter's graphic design ability to convey the data-set of the handling characteristics (and Vincent's other research work on that, there's a few papers on his site) I feel it is the most effective method of demonstrating the mass and handling data in print or online.

details like the relative mass percentage at the blade's percussion points can be used to clearly demonstrate the relative mass of falchions are not nearly as close to being mass-impact arms as you think they are.
>>
>>9412652
>Anon's heart skips a beat, as the thread refreshes.
>There, as he was silently hoping, was a post from the one man he hoped would be online.
>Joviality and gypsy charm flit about the thread, as discussion ramps up with the arrival of a long beloved fixture...
>Gropey_The_Clown was online!
>Quickly typing a heartfelt welcome to his idol, anon pauses, stuck with a thought.
>How would he notice me in a sea of adoration on this Botswanan Hieroglyph forum?
>Panic sets in, as Anon's Monster(tm) Energy drink and Doritos(tm) Loco Taco (r) stained form ripples with indecision.
>Suddenly, a light bulb appears over his Rainbowdash(r) fedora!
>Maybe if he acted like the underage girls in his Taiwanese Funnybooks, he could garner Gropey's attention!
>He would do it.
>He would be Gropey-senpai's tsun-tsun best girl.
>Deleting his reply, he starts anew, heart thumping in his chest.
>Gropey would notice him.
>Gropey will hold Anon is his strong, armored arms.
>Anon would feel Gropey's long, dark hair graze against his cheeks
>Anon will be whisked away to bliss, serenaded by dulcet tones of gypsy songs~

True story.
>>
File: ed5.png (34KB, 201x160px) Image search: [Google]
ed5.png
34KB, 201x160px
>>9412708
>>
>>9412708
It's perfect.
>>
>>9412708
Gropey is too fat to be loved, and gypsies are disgusting degenerates.

try again anon.
>>
>>9412705
And I fully accept this data.

>>9412708
Indeed.

>>9412743
Don't fight it anon. I will be your senpai.
>>
>>9412748
Sorry. I'm more of a Katana kind of guy. I don't dig dirty bellybutton feeding spoons.
>>
>>9412753
> I don't dig dirty bellybutton feeding spoons.
Ok, real talk: Explain this. Its seems like a total non sequitur.
>>
>>9412760
You're fat toad like and out of all medieval instruments i see you most related to a spoon used to clean out bellybuttons infected with dysentery and sepsis.
>>
>>9412768
A specific navel spoon? Do tell me more! What period? Any documentation of examples? I collect historic medical repros and have honestly never heard of a navel spoon, or navels getting dysentery for that matter. I can see sepsis only possibly if there was a in infected wound to the navel. Or are you just string words together to insult me?

Im more hurt if you just made up a specialized medieval medical tool that I never heard of, and got my hopes up.
>>
>>9412788

It's not a medical spoon. You use it for eating. You're familiar with spoons no? Of course you are with cholesterol like that.
>>
File: arrow spoon.jpg (7KB, 344x216px) Image search: [Google]
arrow spoon.jpg
7KB, 344x216px
>>9412823
Man, you're lame. There are so many cool spoon like instruments in medieval medicine that you could have used. Like this: The arrow spoon. The thin, rounded edges and the enveloping bowl were for removing various arrowheads without further distressing the wound.

Anyone building a cool historic or larp medical chest would be glad to have one. But instead, you would rather be off topic and try to be edgy.

Whats wrong, anon?
>>
Jesus fuck what is with the clownfag hate?

You disagree with him about swords, that's cute, but ya'll are trying really hard.
>>
>>9412833
When in history is that from?

>>9412863
Its really only one fag. Hungarian and one academic anon are just arguing their points, but that one fag it totally tsun-tsun for hot clown dicking.
>>
>>9412863
Just let it go. Its only 4chan.
>>
>>9412874
Earliest example I know of is Roman, but they were around all the way into the late 17thC, especially in the Americas.
>>
On an unrelated note, as a European, what are my chances of getting into a HEMA group that isn't just unfit historics circlejerking? Dutch guy here with a back ground in several contact sports (boxing, rugby, etc.) and really want to get into the battle of nations stuff, but so far all I've heard about the sword practice groups is that they're filled with slightly sportsy nerds.

>>9412863
As other anon stated; it's just 4Chan being 4Chan. One dedicated faggot can post like an army of angry kids, and we'll never know if the LARP thread is full of Gropey hate, or just one angry guy shitting it up.
>>
>>9409967
Damn. That guy sounds like a tool. I like to think that they'd be less eager to fake that shit if all their buddies see it though. Or at least it'd be easier to point out to refs. Spear walls seem fun though, regardless of if my hits get counted or not. A little further down the track I think I'll get one for the enjoyment if nothing else.

>>9408062
Sage advice anon. I think I'll go this road instead. Finished a (shitty) buckler a few minutes ago, and all I need to do is make it larp safe. Chainmaille is nearing completion too. I think using a buckler will mean I can out fight these guys whether they cheat or not, or at least enjoy dying more.

And yeah the RP is something I'm slowly easing into. Told a few friends I frequent with that I want to start RPing more and they said they'd help me start getting into real RP.
>>
>>9411597

Alright, thanks anon. I might end up going because a friend is excited, but I'll mentally prepare.
>>
>>9412950
>As other anon stated; it's just 4Chan being 4Chan. One dedicated faggot can post like an army of angry kids, and we'll never know if the LARP thread is full of Gropey hate, or just one angry guy shitting it up.

The one who was trying to specifically rile up gropes had a very specific writing style: 5 years old. He was a poor, lonesome troll.
>>
>>9412256
>Driving anons to Gropey

Quite the opposite. I'm thinking resident Gropey Hater from yesteryear might not be quite as full of shit as he was.
>>
>>9413012
Welcome back samefag. Did you want more fanfiction?
>>
>>9412353
>I'd love a Landsknecht circlejerk.
>yfw they all just stand around honking their stuffed woollen horn and throw felt ribbons at passersby as an abstraction
>>
File: this is the end.jpg (98KB, 1202x695px) Image search: [Google]
this is the end.jpg
98KB, 1202x695px
THERE IS A LARP IN 2 WEEKS AND I CANT WAIT I JUST WANNA RP THE SHIT OUT OF EVERYONE AND POST LARP PICS ALREADY
>>
>On an unrelated note, as a European, what are my chances of getting into a HEMA group that isn't just unfit historics circlejerking? Dutch guy here with a back ground in several contact sports (boxing, rugby, etc.) and really want to get into the battle of nations stuff, but so far all I've heard about the sword practice groups is that they're filled with slightly sportsy nerds.

50/50 chance. Hopefully, you should have at least 2-3 local groups. Find the one that meshes right for you.

>>9412950
>>9412986
Just let it go. Its only 4chan.

>>9413041
>Not standing in a circle and throwing felt ribbons at each other.

>>9413043
Tell us about your larp? What group? Where? Who/What are you playing? Pics of your kit?
>>
>>9413043
its a mini drachenfest basically.
"Iron camp" Guardians of the Dragons (armor wearing power rangers basically)
Israel
The white knight of Peace, Ice, and Vigilance, basically shield and mace man. honoburu and all.

half of my kit im being loaned by a friend.
>>
>>9413057
meant for>>9413045

also aged in the 700s because muh ancient magical order.
>>
>>9412833
So much for the idea that the best people could think of was pushing it out the other end and hoping it didn't kill you.
>>
meanwhile as we are heavily into the autosage again here is the new thread

>>9413193

>>9413193

Also I like to address all faggots who are bring nothing to the arguments apart from shit throwing: at least TRY to be funny if you can't contribute.
>>
>>9411394
>sugarloaf

LMAOOOOOO
>>
>>9411310
He was the only one at that event that had one, and there were 200-250 people there
>>
File: 76666.jpg (252KB, 1224x1176px) Image search: [Google]
76666.jpg
252KB, 1224x1176px
>>9411415
It's a 13th century larp, 1234 it was i thought..
but doesnt really matter, i quite like the helmet, maybe it isnt super correct but it still is larp, and it looks pretty badass.found an other picture of him btw
>>
>>9412753
>>9412768
I just want you to know that this is the most bizarre thing I've seen on /cgl/ for months, and I really respect that.

I mean, you're still an insane motherfucker, but you really went above and beyond in your spergout here, so kudos for being all the insane motherfucker you can be.
Thread posts: 377
Thread images: 98

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.