[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yet again a larp thread which is for discussing everything related

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 305
Thread images: 58

File: golden ratio2.jpg (836KB, 1646x1016px) Image search: [Google]
golden ratio2.jpg
836KB, 1646x1016px
Yet again a larp thread which is for discussing everything related to Live Action Role Playing and the likes.
>"Ask and ye shalt receive!"

"feelings against evidence over a dead horse" edition.

previous thread
>>9404834
>>
>>9413193
So do any of you guys work out? Cardio? Lifting?

I love being able to run further than some of the walking stereotypes at my larp, or carry heavier armour without practicing like some of the others have to. Its also nice when I'm playing a warrior character, because I actually somewhat look the part.
>>
File: WhenImmersionGoesTooFar.jpg (48KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
WhenImmersionGoesTooFar.jpg
48KB, 640x360px
>>9413283
Cardio by jogging (and now practicing gymnastics and swimming too because I'm studying to be a P.E. teacher) lift 4 times a week, play rugby for which I train twice a week and play a match once.

And the occassional bit of doing sports with friends or whatever as a pasttime like going on a bike trip or hiking.

Nothing beats being able to go plate and mail without hating your life too much. And hey, body goals are the longbowman deformation.
>>
Are there anons here into Sci-fi LARP?
I had an event last weekend so now I'm all excited again!
>>
>>9413329
a sci-fi larp recently started around here and it wasn't the first one where I played
>>
>>9413283
Lifting 4 times weekly and kickboxing twice weekly.

The first time I ran down some leather wearing twink in a set of plate was glorious. The expression on his face when he looked to see if I was still on his tail was priceless.
>>
>>9413310
I've gotta agree with you. One of the best feelings was when another dude in my faction leant me a gambeson, plus a shitload of plate armour. He was telling me "now I know you're a skirmisher, and you're used to running around, but take it easy this time. This stuff is too heavy for that"

It was nice when I could do my normal running around thing. Took me longer to recover between fights, but barely.

If you ever get to the longbowman deformation, I'll be thouroughly impressed.

>>9413419
Hah, nice. Mine was the absolute opposite. A dude in heavy plate carring a bigass shield (who keeps insisting he's one of the best fighters on field) who is really, really fat tried to chase me. Gave up in about 10 seconds. Three of his guys tried to chase me...still couldn't keep up. Glorious indeed.
>>
>>9413329
share your experiences anon, larp stories are usually pretty gud.

ill start with my one from last drachenfest.
>walk past fellow gold campers trying to get into the landschneckt camp
>ask why they cant get in
>Dem landschneckt wont let us enter because we cant into german
>proceed to chew the scenery in goldrunes
>they start joining in
>guard says in english after feigning not knowing english for 5 minutes
>"3 silver entrance fee"
>they all pay, i make a friend pay for me tell him ill pay him back at camp
>we get into landschneckt so called party tent
>friends want to stay while a landschneckt tells us if you didnt bring booze you cant stay
>one of friends pulls out booze from under the robes
>"ok did you also bring ladies?"
>we remove the hood from one of us, she's a fair looking girl
>"ok now if you want to stay remove your pants"
>i stand up
>look him in the fucking eye
>and i remove my pants to reveal my long black
>pair of extra pants that i wore underneath
>he says "Oh kurwa"
>we leave outta courtesy
>ask my friends why did they want to get in the first place?
>for this
>they pull out 6 gold coins they pick pocketed apparently

this is the 5th time wearing another pair of pants under my pants helped me achieve my goals in a larp.
>>
>>9413503
>he didn't leave his codpiece on his brailles and wore that

You were almost there laddie.
>>
>>9413509
had i known about cod pieces before i met the landschneckts at drachen i would totally wear one underneath my second pair of pants.
just to fuck with them.
that would've been in character too.

wearing as many pairs of pants and underwear as possible at the same time to a larp never failed me.
>>
File: SAM_1975.jpg (1MB, 3240x4320px) Image search: [Google]
SAM_1975.jpg
1MB, 3240x4320px
>>9413503
>wearing pants in the Schillerpitz
pig disgusting
>>
>>9413539
I was going to remove my other pairs but he got too frustrated.
>>
>>9413567
well you brought TWO pants into the schillerpitz, I can understand him.
>>
>>9413573
i usually duel with a cloak and a dagger too, seemed thematic.
>>
>>9413539
Angry viking mob here; just looked up the Schillerpitz (incluis the great song from Die Pitzers, https://soundcloud.com/moe-pic/heute-kotz-ich-in-den-pitz )

Is the Schillerpitz public access? And if so; is it worth it to prep some party attributes?
>>
>>9413594
nobody cares about that. But pants in the schillerpitz is serious business.

There are two saying in the LKL one is no pants no problems and he second is war is not a reason for pants (then again the provost might have a different idea...)

>>9413635
>Is the Schillerpitz public access? And if so; is it worth it to prep some party attributes?
it's not public access but if you bring booze and women then you can probably enter but heavily depends on who is at gate duty.
>>
>>9413645
Sounds like I need to bribe an inside man for this....
>>
File: SAM_4404.jpg (2MB, 3648x5472px) Image search: [Google]
SAM_4404.jpg
2MB, 3648x5472px
>>9413648
if only you would know someone on the inside who can be bribed...
>>
>>9413666
if only...
>>
>>9413684
Anyway, joking aside. Which camp are you from? Red?
Because I might be able to think out a non-money related price
>>
>>9413701
im not him im goldfag
due to monetary concerns i wont be able to attend drachenfest this year.
>>
>>9413706
>due to monetary concerns i wont be able to attend drachenfest this year.
I know that way too well. At least two guys skipping Drachenfest this year when I can finally bring my own group there and a third one might also skip it if we can't help him.

But if everything goes right I will still have a whole rotte at my command.
>>
>>9413666
>>9413701
Even worse... Gold. It's more of a Germanic kinda vikings. So we fit the antique theme a slight bit.

Still beats 3/4th of the camp being medieval knights.
>>
>>9413067
>Pushing arrows through
Every fucking episode of Hercules and Xena...

But for real, our ancestors were not stupid. They had less collective knowledge, but they still knew what they were doing for the most part.

>>9413283
Dynamic rowing machine and stationary bike for cardio. Once it gets warm enough, swimming will be back on the list. Daily time at the pell, and yeah, lifting (mostly free weights, some bench).

With the season back in, I will be getting back to my three practices a week: 2 in harness, and a hema meet. Getting as much time in harness as possible is the key.

The best thing you can do is get a partner. I know that since my GF has joined me (wants to fight ACL ladies division), my efforts have kicked into overtime.

If you haven't already, cut out processed foods and soda and shit, and be mindful of portions. My problem for example, wasn't eating bad food, but that I was still eating like "early 20's, tournament every weekend" me.

>>9413329
I've done a few cyberpunk larps and a 40k larp. Its just not as popular.
>>
>>9413713
if i had a fitting kit i woulda join your.
I only know english tho and some other language no one uses.
im eyeing the shit out of the calimacil extended doppesoldner.

>>9413714
were you part of the morning star?
>>
>>9413720
I only just joined this group after being invited by somebody who played my sworn enemy on another event, so I'm not sure.

But I thought he mentioned something about it. I sent him a quick PM just to be sure.
>>
>>9413720
>I only know english tho and some other language no one uses.
we are the same in that regard. Nobody speaks hungarian there but the guys I bring and one guy I happened to met back in 2012 who was a town npc.

>im eyeing the shit out of the calimacil extended doppesoldner.
We were thinking about it too but I wouldn't recommend it. After we saw the video it looked wobbly as fuck.

Also if you (or anyone else for that matter) has a fitting kit then you are welcome to join.

>>9413714
Well, that's also good enough. I don't have any friends in the gold camp since the (back then) second in command of the grand expedition went back to the US
>>
>>9413725
i dont mind wobble i like its feel.
where/how can i get a kit that fits?

>>9413723
small world, i was a duelist and had an orange/gold hat.
>>
>>9413717
>If you haven't already, cut out processed foods and soda and shit, and be mindful of portions. My problem for example, wasn't eating bad food, but that I was still eating like "early 20's, tournament every weekend" me.

This is the real killer for any /fit/ plan.
>>
File: JORH.jpg (73KB, 900x1125px) Image search: [Google]
JORH.jpg
73KB, 900x1125px
>>9413732
Sewing skill and a lot of spare time. If you want to be a plebe and die among the masses Mytholon /did/ come out with a new landsknecht kit which doesn't look like complete shit.

The fabrics are still wrong, and as somebody aspiring to make one in a year or so I'm very triggered by it.
>>
>>9413734
got a pattern you can post?
which fabrics should i look for?
>>
>>9413732
>where/how can i get a kit that fits?
well, I will use my reenactor kit that was sewn by I guy I know. Then one girl will sew her own stuff, another guy will pay a seamstress, another guy will use a borrowed cloth from our reenactor group if it fits him, and the last guy also has a few leftover reenactor stuff and also ordered some mytholon stuff that he didn't had.

But keep in mind that the LKL is a closed camp so it's not me who decide if you can join the camp or not, others will decide it depending on your kit (and also help with it)

>i dont mind wobble i like its feel.
the problem is that it's so wobbly that you can't parry properly with it.

>>9413734
well, the pants are salvage-able so it's not as bad as some other stuff I've seen

>>9413736
look this up
http://www.landsknechtlager.info/w/index.php/Hauptseite

This is the LKL wiki
>>
>>9413743
i dont understand a word.
ill start deciphering.
>>
>>9413785
You can use Google Translate by right clicking which helps you along a little bit.

Don't throw it into actual Google Translate, just use your Chrome extension thingy.
These are the big two you're looking for though. And they're nice pic by pic so you can do part of it by good thinking

http://liverollenspiel.ch/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/wams01.pdf
http://liverollenspiel.ch/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/hose01.pdf
>>
>>9412066
>>9412068
>>9412070
More pics? Where did you get your helmet?
>>
>>9413796
keep in mind that's just one of the many possibilities
>>
>>9413859
>>9413785
Yeah, you can also go for a Waffenrock, or some other things. I'm currently looking into starting on a wamse and hoping nobody will murder me if I combine it with straight coloured skin tight felt hosen.
>>
>>9413892
waffenrock is a separate layer. I'm talking about different versions or styles of the hose and doublet. Because there are a fcukton which while generally count as the same stuff but still needs different amount of material and different kind of sewing, etc
>>
>>9413900
I'm not knowledgeable on the subject to really add anything to that. Heck, I still I'm not sure what you mean with style differences? Like we talking the amount of "ploofs" (for lack of better word, I'm tired) your sleeves has, or completely different designs?
>>
>>9413906
different designs. The hose can be separated at the knee or even to three parts at knee and at upper tight. This could differ on the two sides.
Then of course you can use a plundenhose or however it is written.
For doublet the different kind of sleeves depending on how baggy it is and which decade it is from are different but mostly the toros thing what really changes stuff, if the front piace is tied to it or part of the doublet, maybe it's overlapping maybe not, maybe you have an U cutout under the front piece maybe it's left completely empty, etc.
Lot's of options
>>
>>9413283
Used to do some weights and aerobics twice a week, but I've been out of practice for a few months. Now that the weather's warming up and I've got more free time, I can finally start doing my cardio and sword drills again, so that'll help a lot. Thankfully I'm already in better shape than most people at my larp, so I can coast by for a while.
>>
File: 1481318379958.jpg (375KB, 1066x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1481318379958.jpg
375KB, 1066x1600px
>>9413329
I would love to try a sci-fi game sometime, but all the ones around here have your standard array of terrible Amerilarp rules, and no way am I touching those. Feels bad man.
>>
>>9413717
>The best thing you can do is get a partner.
THIS. 1000X THIS.
>>
>>9413994
I've been secretly working on a dystopian doom trooper kit for ages waiting for a fitting larp to wear it and be the oppressive police force for ages!
not a single larp i've heard of allows me to play that role
>>
>>9413994
>gun-pocket
thats so dumb i love it.
>>
>>9413916
Hey Hungarian, how deal-breaking would 2 different coloured hosen pipes be under a Landsknecht wamse?

Is that like a massive dealbreaker if you just go for kinda basic historical pants on that costume?
>>
>>9414016
depends on how does it look. It's a larp not a reenactment, so it heavily depends on how it actually looks
>>
File: Kit1.jpg (376KB, 1365x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Kit1.jpg
376KB, 1365x2048px
>Landsknecht circlejerk?
>My time has come.

Got some cool pictures of my SCA Heavy Landsknecht kit recently.

From an SCA "war" event in An Tir.
>>
File: Kit2.jpg (387KB, 1365x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Kit2.jpg
387KB, 1365x2048px
>>9414090

It's a bit disheveled, as the pictures were taken after all the fighting was over.
>>
File: Kit3.jpg (132KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
Kit3.jpg
132KB, 1080x720px
>>9414092

It has more of a Landsknecht flavor than any actual accuracy, but by SCA standards I'm pretty happy with it.
>>
>>9414090
>>9414092
Stilll using modern belts as straps.

Its been how long since you first posted it?
>>
File: Kit4.jpg (165KB, 1371x1364px) Image search: [Google]
Kit4.jpg
165KB, 1371x1364px
>>9414099

Several months, just under a year maybe? The strapping isn't going to get replaced until I get a new breastplate.

The fact the belts are modern is far from the worst thing about this kit.
>>
>>9414123
Dude, he owns the fact that he's fat and works on it. Don't make us write more fan fiction about you.
>>
>>9414133
His advice here is completely solid, you cuck.
>>
>>9414092
>>9414090
>>9414097

okay kit. 5/10

missing a cod-piece
Leatherbag arround neck looks out of place
Not enough color deviation
random armor pieces take away from flamboyant richness of what the kit should be
>butted chainmaille
sash is out of place and is too long.
why so many belts
pants torn, need repairing
footwear does not appear period enough, but definitely not a bad choice.
Good hat tho.
>>
>>9413329
Do "everything and the kitchen sink" settings count? Because that's what the majority around here consist of.
>>
>>9414123
>>9414133
Do you honestly think you're helping anyting by being an annoying faggot? Nine times out of ten, clownfag gives good advice and info. You're just shitting up the thread with half assed trolling against someone who has shown for years that he really doesn't care.

Contribute or leave. You're fucking cancer. Hopefully enough people will report younfor off topic that you get a time out.
>>
>>9414155
Nigga, gropey is chubby but built. There are way fatter on here. Why don't you show us how ripped you are with a timestamp?
>>
>>9414123
>>9414155
>>9414133
Kindly fuck off please.
>>
>>9414155
My man, you are right, but you are also an insufferable faggot.
>>
File: f7FdEdG.jpg (10KB, 260x194px) Image search: [Google]
f7FdEdG.jpg
10KB, 260x194px
>>9414163
We have to have at least one antitrip crusader a year. Usually Gropey, and Hungarian that one time.
>>
File: Gun-Blue-Creme-Blister-181x300.png (91KB, 181x300px) Image search: [Google]
Gun-Blue-Creme-Blister-181x300.png
91KB, 181x300px
Blackening plate armour with gunblue, good idea or bad idea?
>>
>>9414217
That would blue the armor, not blacken it.

That said, chem bluing armour looks good.
>>
>>9414146
there are other problems as well but because he doesn't try to say that his kit is actually accurate I let it slide.

Also more color deviation isn't really needed. That's not a must have

>>9414217
why not just paint it with coal and oil? or burn oil on it
>>
>>9414217
>>9414223
>>9414217

if you can disassemble, or get a big tank, I can strongly reccommend Caswell's Cold-ox blacking solution.

not cheap, but gives a fantastic jet black on carbon steels.
>>
>>9414355

Never heard of using coal and oil, is that done cold?

I'm trying to avoid methods that need a blowtorch since I don't have ready access to a quiet outdoor workspace.
>>
>>9413283
>So do any of you guys work out? Cardio? Lifting?

Did a lot of cardio when I started out larping. Either went for a run for 40 minutes or did like 20 min on the bike, 3-4 times a week. It fit very well with my role since I played as a skirmisher, 99% of the larping community here could not catch me or escape from me. Its funny how so many don't expect you to give chase and catch up so soon, gave me a lot of free kills just by surprising people and stabbing them in the back when they thought I was like 50-100 meters behind them. One group even got so offended by my actions that they started to meta play and cheat against us (pro tip, if you kidnap villagers and start sacrificing them to satan, don't do it outside a guarded city gate, and if you do, be prepared to run). Highly recommended fighting class.

I fucked up my toenails and my right leg when in army boot though, so I had to stop doing that shit. Now I just wait for my toes to get unfucked, until then I just lazily do physical labor in a factory and call it a day. Its enough to keep my helmet, chainmail and shield on without troubles, but I want to move up to full plate one day.

And this one time though
>first larp post army
>switch to longbowman role in my group since I had trouble moving around with bleeding toes
>mostly just guarding camp and keeping a fire going and being comfy
>hear that cultists are gathering in nearby field
>decide to move out with rest of group since it was the last day and it would just be a short walk
>yup, its cultists and they just summoned a demon
>demon is a fat manlet with face paint (note: only face paint) and an obviously crayon dyed shirt, and a dildo length sword
>we kill the cultists and the demon got shield slammed to the ground
>suddenly vikings and vampires and shit show up
>epic fight ensues
>I get cut off from main body
>head back to starting point of the fight to gather other cut off auxiliaries and villagers who are late to the fight
cont
>>
>>9413804
Alan Bauldree of AB Hammer/Creation Time Armoury. He's retired though.

>>9413996
Its a hell of a motivator.

>>9414090
>>9414092
>>9414097
Invest in some decent soft kit, and ditch or wear the bazzubands under sleeves. Trim the belts down. The shoes are damn good for modern. Don't settle. Work towards a harness that makes others embarrassed to look like shit.

>>9414134
Its slow going, but its coming along.

>>9414217
Like >>9414223 said, you're blueing, not blackening, but if you commit to the look and take your time, its really striking.

Adding on to >>9414381, be sure to polish everything uniform and clean it thoroughly with alcohol. With chemical blueing, a uniform surface will give you the best results. I have fucked around with it myself. Lots of trial and error. Pic related.

>>9414440
Nope, its hotwork. Painting is also an option, and a very popular historic means of surfacing armour.
>>
File: 1473256484676.png (622KB, 475x823px) Image search: [Google]
1473256484676.png
622KB, 475x823px
>>9414446
>nope, everyone are dead back there
>demon from before had conveniently risen up while we were busy fighting
>he starts to charge me
>I give him a few cuts with no effect
>nope the fuck out of there and start to jog off, hoping that other stragglers can escape while he finishes me off
>kept a low tempo because my toes are hurting like fuck at this point and I kinda want him to finish me so I can stop moving
>notice that the demon cant keep up with my tempo
>jog around all the bodies on the ground for a few laps
>demon is breathing heavily and slowing down
>leisurley walk out of the field back to camp with other survivors once he stops to catch his breath
>never knew that completing a summoning ritual at dinner time would summon Gluttony, lord of the steaks and fries.
>>
>>9414092
How much did the kit cost?
>>
File: 20170329_200716.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20170329_200716.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
>>9414462
Dropped pic
>>
>>9414475
>Gluttony, lord of the steaks and fries
kek
Basic fitness is the most hilarious thing in this community
I will never understand how someone can let themselves get that fat. Im no skinny minny but still, I can run a 6 minute mile and 5k in under 25m
Which isn't great times, but just my point.

Gym class needs to come back to high schools
>>
>>9414512

>Gym class needs to come back to high schools
>Come back

What shithole country do you live in where they got rid of gym class?
>>
>>9414475
The lesson is that if you are trying to summon demons, make sure you pick one that a cripple cannot run rings around.

So hit those books kids and don't let your cult succumb to rookie errors.
>>
>>9414624
Not him but more and more high schools in the western world are making pt classes optional. Its still mandatory in elementary school but fativists are working on those to.

You need an active body when you are a kid, but once you start getting out of your teens you need to build it up and maintain a relatively healthy diet, which you need the knowledge about since most people are in fact lazy and ignorant.
>>
>>9413193
As an Australian, I need you to tell me how those divine looking halberds are made please.
>>
>>9414651
Buy one of these (they only have the fancy ones at this time it seems)
http://www.calimacil.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=halberd

Watch this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbOgftS8M6M
>>
>>9414646
>Not him but more and more high schools in the western world are making pt classes optional.
This. And it pisses me off.

We know FOR A FACT (as much as HAES tries to deny it) that a healthier, fitter body (everyone should be healthy, being fitter is a choice) has a DIRECT effect on learning/cognitive function/emotion/intelligence/et al.

Grated most of the PE we did was "Muh AFL, muh cricket" crap, so most kids did table tennis or badmitton.

A friend went to a Private (not UK private) where they taught fencing, Jodo, gymnastics, and weightlifting.
The only "Optional" part of their PE was what sport you wanted.

Plus so many PE teachers are just shit. We only had one good one and that's because he was gay and a drama/dance teacher. Holy shit his classes were brutal. Ever seen the biggest kid/bully fall flat on their face, get yelled at, and start crying? Yeah. Don't fuck with homosexual dance teachers by saying ballet or contemporary dance is "for faggots", they will make you pliae until you collapse.
>>
>>9414668
thx bb ;)
>>
>>9414646
As if standing around for 40 minutes, just watching and waiting for the lunch bell, would help fat kids anyway. Current (as of two years ago) gym classes are just glorified playtime. Gym should go away, but be replaced by some sort of fitness education. Better for them to learn how they can improve themselves instead of just reminding them of what they can't do.
>>
>>9414710
>be replaced by some sort of fitness education. Better for them to learn how they can improve themselves instead of just reminding them of what they can't do.
This.

However I would like to note that "Glorified Playtime" is incredible important to childhood development (i.e. Primary School).
>>
>>9414512
The hilarious thing is how common this is in the tryhard communities like Amtgard and Dagorhir. I have friends that play Amtgard, and every time I drop in I have to listen to someone built like Danny Devito explain that he's in ideal fighting shape and the only reason he lost was that I made him move a whole lot.

>>9414646
In the US it's because education is the budget bitch, on both state and federal levels.
Public works project? Cut funding to schools.
John K. Fuckwit in the rust belt doesn't want his tax money going to those dirty librulls? Cut funding to schools.
Military needs even more money because the Pentagon handles cash like a college freshman? Cut funding to schools.
Of course the schools can't cut out Math or Science, so the first things to go are the programs for art and physical fitness.
The funny thing is that I went to a pretty damn affluent high school in a rich suburb, and everything outside the core curriculum still got shafted. Didn't stop them from re-turfing the football field three times in four years, though.
>>
>>9414710
Glorified playtime is fine though

Playing sports is a great way to exercise
Just being active is the important element. Doesn't really matter what you are doing. Teaching kids to be active is stupidly important.
>>
How would u attach insignias/badge of ranks at your garb?
>>
>>9414742
Good:
- besagew/rondel
- painted/etched onto breastplate
- Stitched/sewn into tabbard/surcoat
Bad:
- belt flag
>>
>>9414727
My issue is in games where Danny Devito beats me because he can yell dodge and walk in
>>
>>9414732
>>9414716
Sorry, I should clarify. Most of my gym classes had little to no expectations. By playtime I really did mean children's playtime. The teacher was only there to make sure everyone followed the rules. There was no encouragement to be active. As long as you wore shoes that didn't scuff up the floor and did what the almighty teacher told you to, that was fine. The only thing that could have encourage someone to play was the fun itself (and jocks do a pretty good job of ruining that).
>>
>>9413539
>No furries

kek
>>
>>9413419
Awwwwww shieeet, my main man. I ktf (know that feel).

>Skinny DYEL manlet in "leather" garb
>I say "leather", because it was more like coth painted to look like leather, but whatevs
>Absolutely murdering people left and right with big, ole' longsword
>Just cleaving people left and right
>He wtf's and nopes out of there
>See this and decide today is not going to be his day
>Autistic cry of wrath
>He looks back to see what's making that noise
>Mfw t-rex quads from doing so many squats allows me to run 40mph in short bursts
>Does that thing in the movies where he looks back once, double-takes, and starts double-timing it with wide, terrified eyes
>Chase him down
>Cut him into triangle halves like I'm making a peanut butter and medieval sandwich
>Get to sit around the picnic table later that day and bask in all the mires from the 5/10 qts going after the /fit/ new guy
>Feelsgoodman.jaypeg
>>
>>9413734
>triggered

Well feast yer eyes on this!
>>
>>9414492

Huh. I'd have thought maces had longer hafts.
>>
>>9415148
Looks about right. The gauntlet is about half way up the shaft. 2
>>
>>9415151

Oh shit, totally missed that. My bad.
>>
File: DSC03054.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
DSC03054.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>9414440
don't listen to the gypsy, the coal and oil is done cold. You get some kind of oil (linseed oil is the default, I used that) and mix it with coal powder and paint your armour with it. It takes a lot of time to dry so preferably do it in hot weather. Also you will need several layers.
I done my armour like that and why I won't win a beauty contest it definitely gives the right texture for a munitions grade stuff.

>>9414651
Again, disregard gropalope.
My halberd while uses the old (now discontinued) version of the calimacil halbeard head it wasn't put together like their video as I don't like bamboo in polearm shafts. Too wobbly and light.
I used 32 mm thick ashwood, cut out the end for the core of the head, then put it back together with wood glue and two component epoxy. Then an outher layer of polifaom and some wood looking plastic window sticker (or whatever it is)
The rest of the halberds though are from the shops. Mostly mytholon as I see.

But I want to buy one from goldhammer this year

>>9415080
thanks, I have eye cancer now
>>
>>9415062
T-thanks /fit/
>>
>>9413193
Hey guys, I play in a game with heavy combat, and I've just finished making a rectangular shield. It's currently spray painted black, but I'd like a design on it in white. Any ideas? Maybe a cool insignia or something?

Right now I'm thinking a letter from the Viking furthak, just because.
>>
>>9415396
Silhouette of a horse's head, a la Knight from a chess board. Viking rune sounds pretty based too. Thinking 'bout the one that looks somewhat like an H. Don't actually know my furthak though. Just what I know from normie History channel stuff.
>>
>>9415396
does lore matter? what's your fighting style? what will you wear? whats the theme of the group you are part of? what's the theme of the larp?
>>
>>9415205
To his credit, I have never heard of oil black done cold before either. Its always baked on.
>>
>>9415481
well, that's only an option for pure oil which I said, but the coal plus oil can be done only cold. It's a different method with the advantage of you don't have to disassemble your whole armour and that you don't need an oven for it.
>>
>>9415494
So what you're doing is just making oil paint?
>>
>>9415494
I get the misunderstanding. First I heard of oil without baking or burning.
>>
>>9415499
yep.
Although I also read in some sources when they added egg whites and yellows in the mixture so I have to try that too in the near future, but the simple fine coal powder and oil works too although it takes time to dry so it's usually more than a week to get enough layers on it
>>
>>9415205
>ash pole
Slavnigga senpai, thats full retard. How is that safe?
>>
>>9415184
Real maces were rarely over 2 feet long.
>>
>>9415511
the only unsafe thing about it is the thickness, but there was already a guy who run into it head first and survived to tell the tale without any real problems.
So I would say it's safe if you don't want to brush your teeth with it
>>
>>9415403
Yeah, the H looking rune looks cool. Also the F and T are both on the menue. I would like the horse head, but I ended up cutting the shield down to a buckler because of autism (original plan actually was a buckler) so there isn't enough space to do it justice.

>>9415405
>Lore doesn't matter too much here; loosely based on warhammer fantasy, but very, very loosely
>My fighting style is singleswording with a shortsword; I'm adding in a shield (buckler now) because they seem like fun and I'm sick of not having a shield
>Right now I wear arm and leg armour. Working on chainmaille, and will have a surcoat soon.
>Theme of the larp is pre 1600's medieval fantasy
>Theme of my group is an army of fighters and rogues. My particular faction is known for killing people and stealing their shit; my particular character is known for killing people and stealing their shit and using it
>>
>>9415525
maybe a a beak? a vulture? a bird of sorts sounds like a nice fit.
>>
>>9415525
>>9415526
Vultures, ravens, other carrion birds and rats are great. For a bit of a rougher style you could also pick animal's like boars, or rams. (I got a ram on my own coat-of-arms, it looks sick.)

Otherwise go for imagery depicting intelligence rather than brawn, as you might look at your 'honourless' way like it is the more practical smarter way of life. So owls, dogs, etc. could also be a good pick.
>>
Hey Gropes: flintlock fantasy type game, need those short pants that button up at the knee. Got a source? Budget is like $50 burgerbucks.
>>
>>9415538
>flintlock fantasy type game, need those short pants that button up at the knee
Medieval Rhodies?
because thats a good idea for a group.
>>
>>9415547
Friendly reminder that Rhodesia did nothing wrong.

>>9415538
Do you mean pumpkin pants or those things that I forgot the name of but remind me a bit of lederhosen?
>>
>>9415555
Trunk hose?
>>
>>9415572
Where I said pumpkin pants I meant trunk hose, and where I said not!lederhosen I meant answer b, stop the time! (Pic related.)
>>
>>9415396
A griffin rampant will never look bad.
If you want a historical one, the Hapsburg eagle or Bremen's key are both symbols I like.
>>
Anyone have something about using your scabbard as a shield or something along the lines?
>>
>>9415655
like as in to block and parry like a blunt weapon or something?
i have a friend who had a scabbard made so it would be safe to hit people with.
he cought some people off guard with it.
>>
>>9415663
Exactly, yeah.
>>
>>9415666
works great if its larp safe, otherwise you are just being the asshole waving a hard stick where the rest are waving foam.

so he was dueling this one guy and at a split second he pulls the scabbard (he played a samurai monk character) to block and steps into his opponent's face and slash his gut

just make sure you can use it offensively too just for safety sake.
>>
>>9415555
>>9415572
>>9415581
No. Less shakespear, more george washington.
>>
File: AnswerB.jpg (134KB, 600x1070px) Image search: [Google]
AnswerB.jpg
134KB, 600x1070px
>>9415724
?
>>
File: i can never stop screaming.gif (2MB, 235x180px) Image search: [Google]
i can never stop screaming.gif
2MB, 235x180px
>>9414512
>mfw listening to someone in my combat-heavy game talk about how he's gained 60 lbs. since he started LARPing.

I don't get it tbqh. How do you end up LESS fit after years of playing an active game?
>>
File: 1489009079820-pol.png (718KB, 1139x866px) Image search: [Google]
1489009079820-pol.png
718KB, 1139x866px
>>9413193
Hun, you look kind of like Sam Hyde
>>
>>9415663
Any idea what exactly he did to make it safe? Sounds like a cool idea, I might give that a try too.
>>
>>9415917
He cant keep getting away with it
>>
File: phalanx.jpg (71KB, 770x419px) Image search: [Google]
phalanx.jpg
71KB, 770x419px
How do I make linothorax?
>>
>>9415929
he made a special scabbard and covered its hollow fiber base with foam.
>>
>>9415913
maybe its muscle mass?
>>
>>9414682
NP sxy ;*

>>9414746
Don't forget
>Good:
- Mantle and torse
- proper baldric
-long favour tied around the arm

>>9415050
As god intended

>>9415062
Jesus christ.

>>9415080
That looks like a bad zwart pieter costume without the blackface

>>9415148
>>9415151
>>9415184
>>9415517
Mine is a short thumper, 18 inches long from rondel to tip.

>>9415205
> the coal and oil is done cold
Without heat, is doesn't plasticize. How bad is the chipping/flaking?

>My halberd while uses the old (now discontinued) version of the calimacil halbeard head it wasn't put together like their video as I don't like bamboo in polearm shafts.

Is it still a rod tang or what? Is it basically the same thing except with an ash pole rather than bamboo?

>>9415396
I would ask for a role of arms or something to make sure you don't conflict with anyone.

>>9415538
>>9415555
>>9415572
>>9415581
>>9415724
I assume you mean 18thC drop front breeches like >>9415884? Close fitting Venetian breeches work too.

I can't attest to the quality but:
http://www.militaryclothing.com/Revolutionary-War-Era-Short-Style-Trousers-WHITE.aspx

http://stores.renstore.com/vgm020a-0/codpiece-pants#.WN1sG7iZfj0
>>
File: Spolas reconstruction.jpg (261KB, 526x380px) Image search: [Google]
Spolas reconstruction.jpg
261KB, 526x380px
>>9415944
The picture shows the basic structure when it's laid flat. It's a fairly complex design so it will take practice.

The current thinking is that the Greeks actually used leather in the spolas (period term for this style of armour). If you do go for linen then you are going to be doing a hell of a lot of sewing to turn a mountain of fabric into properly quilted armour.

While the example featured is probably thicker than you want to make your linothroax, the tunic-style design is much simpler than the spolas in terms of assembly and the authenticity of viking gambesons is a seperate thorny issue, this article cover the practicalities of making quilted armour.

https://costumegirl.wordpress.com/2010/04/01/the-making-of-a-medieval-gambeson/

All in all a challenging project with a good chance that hoplites never used so-called linothoraxes in the first place.
>>
>>9415960
Only if muscle mass causes your waistline to expand to the size of a large dog.
>>
File: call the provost.jpg (342KB, 960x642px) Image search: [Google]
call the provost.jpg
342KB, 960x642px
>>9415943
I'm getting away with it because I really don't look like him

>>9415980
>Without heat, is doesn't plasticize. How bad is the chipping/flaking?
if you use really fine powder it's not a big problem, although you have to get a correct mixture through trial and error. Obviously stronger hits scrap it off but those scrapped off the original burned layers too, so no real difference there.
Although after it is done you have to clean it with a rag to get off the leftover coal powder from it.

>Is it still a rod tang or what? Is it basically the same thing except with an ash pole rather than bamboo?
you have to do the attaching differently for wood, it's not as easy as with bamboo. That and on the pic only my halberd was calimacil and it wasn't even the best looking.
Although it was the heaviest because of the ashwood shaft. Technically speaking my larp halberd is heavier than a lot of original halberd because I used thicker shaft.
>>
>>9416044
that fucking narutofag in the background.
everytime....
>>
File: cons in one pic.jpg (311KB, 1200x898px) Image search: [Google]
cons in one pic.jpg
311KB, 1200x898px
>>9416085
>everytime....

Wouldn't be the same without them.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1490915097988.jpg (74KB, 1060x596px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1490915097988.jpg
74KB, 1060x596px
>>9414484

A rough breakdown on cost.

SOFT KIT

Shoes - women's summer shoes from Walmart. 10 dollars

Kneelength socks - ~10 dollars?

Pants - 3 different pairs of women's capris from Walmart, layered and slashed. 30 dollars.

Sash - goodwill find. 10 dollars.

Shirt - a gift. It's not very good, no actual slashing. Actual cost 0, retail ?

Leather bag - local vendor. 10 dollars.

Gloves - handmade leather gloves from local vendor. 50 dollars.

Coif - handmade by local vendor. 10 dollars.

Hat - handmade by friend. Actual cost 0. Retails on Etsy for 70 dollars.

Total cost? ~200 dollars

HARD KIT

Knee protection (hidden) - Asgard plastic knee cops, with construction knee pads. 40 dollars.

Leg, hip, and kidney protection (hidden) - street hockey pads. 20 dollars.

Breastplate - a gift from a local smith friend. Not very good, but does the trick. Actual cost 0. Retail, ~100 dollars?

Shoulders - 2nd hand pauldrens. 70 dollars.

Arm protection - leather bazubands from Havoc Hides on Etsy. (These go to my "viking" kit, my landsknecht arms were stolen at a practice). 120 dollars.

Gauntlets - Milanise style fingered gauntlets with clamshell "finger shield", in stainless, by FireDryk Steel. 500 dollars.

Bishops mantle - handmade by father. Cost 0 (After initial investment).

Helmet - late period Burgonet, 12 gauge skull and brim, 14 gauge falling, detachable buff, by Maxim Suprovich. 800 dollars.

Total cost? ~1650 dollars. Almost all of it in the Helmet and gauntlets.

Overall total cost? Under 2000 dollars, spread out over the last several (5?) years, with some gear being used by other kits.
>>
File: ursgraf031.jpg (315KB, 721x1054px) Image search: [Google]
ursgraf031.jpg
315KB, 721x1054px
>>9414146

Here's a woodcut of a Landsknecht with a neck bag. It's Urs Graf, so take it for what you will.
>>
>>9416170
Dude, they only come in black, but do yourself a favor and get some new fighting pants.

The baggy pants are the shit They only come in black, but worn with stockings and cinched at the knee, they make awesome faux plunderhosen. Only $30.

http://www.tgertoggs.com/pages/pants_tights.shtml
>>
>>9416174
also note the civilian context, not on armour.
And also diffeerent kind of "neck bag".
>>
File: com339j.jpg (45KB, 475x284px) Image search: [Google]
com339j.jpg
45KB, 475x284px
>>9416174
>>9416189
The idea of wearing a coinpurse hanging from your neck during combat seems foolish at the least. I have never seen art featuring men in combat bearing it, but it is a trope I see in a lot of reenactors and larpers.
>>
>>9416197
that's an excuse not a reason
>>
>>9416204
Wasn't making an excuse. I was pointing out its a trope that people do that I can find no documentable basis in. Like "buttflag" belt favors.
>>
>>9416210
it's an excuse for wearing it. Too many people do this "I've seen it on other XY guys" like that's a guarantee for anything
>>
>>9416222
I am not condoning or justifying it dude. I am just saying its exists as a modern trope, without any historic proof.
>>
File: received_10212935188320795.jpg (330KB, 1365x2048px) Image search: [Google]
received_10212935188320795.jpg
330KB, 1365x2048px
>>9416186

Thanks for the link. I'd prefer to avoid Pluderhosen, however, and stick to less baggy ones while still having the slashing.

Any idea how their leggings are, though? I might have a use for those.
>>
>>9416229
didn't said you were condoning it
>>
>>9416238
I have a friend that swears by them as cheap, sturdy fighting hose, and unless you're nose is a foot away looking for points and wool-grain, they hold up way past the 10 foot rule. I want to drop at least one more pant size before I order some for myself.

>>9416239
Then why are you calling it an excuse, as though I am condoning it?
>>
>>9416248
because that trope and similar ones are the excuse most people use when you ask them why they have something,
"Ohh I've seen it at Wolin" is a great example for this for Viking dudes.
>>
File: Landshnekt-drawings.jpg (40KB, 400x618px) Image search: [Google]
Landshnekt-drawings.jpg
40KB, 400x618px
>>9416251
I also said, literally right before it, there is no documentation of men in combat with them.
>>
>>9416152
Why do European anime cons look so depressing?

>>9416197
I don't know I think hanging a giant grappling handle around one of your most vital areas is a good thing to do in armed combat.

>>9416238
>Landsknecht
>Not baggy
get the fuck out you imposter
>>
>>9416255
>Why do European anime cons look so depressing

How do you know thats not an American con?

But for real, I am in love with the idea of forcing weebs to be surrounded by pictures of starving orphans while they thumb through lolicon porn mangas. They only thing that could be better is a nun ringing a bell shouting "SHAME!"
>>
>>9416254
yes, and?
>>
>>9416174
>"Wench, wtf is this shitzen?"
>>
>>9416186
This is going to sound dumb, but what would I use to cinch them? A strip of fabric or what?
>>
>>9416388
They have heavy duty drawstrings at the cuffs and waist.
>>
>>9416391
Remove them from the cuffs or waist to use on the knees...? Again, sorry, bad with this sort of thing.
>>
>>9416396
No, what? You just wear the cuffs tied at the knees. Hang on. I'll take a pic
>>
>>9416400
Oh jeez that was dumb, I see what you mean. Worth slashing to reveal my bright tights?
>>
File: 20170330_223845.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20170330_223845.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
>>9416410
Its cotton, so you'd have to hem the slashes, but for $30 fighting pants, they are great. You can hide any leg armour under them, or do what what I do, and wear the legs over the pants for more blousing.
>>
>>9416413
Thanks boss! Definitely going to pick a pair up in the future, still learning baby - tier sewing so I've got a ways to go before I move on to the full kit.
>>
>>9415525
Shield art is usually for one of three reasons, as tribute to someone/thing, to intimidate, or to ask for the blessing/protection of.

For the last, you have stuff like a lion head (courage), Phoenix (coming back after defeat), lightning (quick and loud), ...
For the middle, I'd go with eyes. You could also do some disorienting geometric patterns.
The first, would be entirely dependent on stuff in game/back story.
>>
>>9416170
Woof, that helm is steep. How good does it stand up to blows for the dosh?
>>
>>9416531
Thats actually about average for a hig-middle end SCA helm.
>>
>>9416535
Huh. I got mine for $400.
>>
>>9416531
>>9416543
You can snag quality Norman/conical helmets for 400-500 USD if you know where to look, but anything more complex is easily going to push into 700-1000. A burgonet or a close helm is a surprisingly complex piece of work, and making one that actually hold up costs dosh.

>>9416413
l-lewd
>>
File: P1000005.jpg (2MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
P1000005.jpg
2MB, 2560x1920px
>>9416543
$400-$500 is a good sturdy middle-of-the-road helm. My old Viking was about $500 or so.

My first spun-dome bucket when I was 15 was an even $100. My current helm is about $2000 (mostly due to the material). There are men on the field with helms three times as much as that. People wearing pieces from Ugo or the like are pushing even more.

Pic related. My first helmet. Ugly as sin, but tough as nails. 12 goddamn years ago.
>>
>>9416548
>>9416549
Mine's a visored bascinet (really more of a great helm given how bulky it is). Shit vision when not using the grill visor I also got for it, but incredibly tanky and made out of 12/14 stainless. Currently ordering liners online though, because for some reason the maker gave me a sallet liner.
>>
File: 20161227_021839.jpg (1MB, 2064x1161px) Image search: [Google]
20161227_021839.jpg
1MB, 2064x1161px
>>9416551
I just can't bring myself to trust padding made without my head and helmet being there. My mother made my last three, and taught me how to make my own. Its really not hard, just time consuming to stuff the tubes.
>>
>>9416549
I WANNA SEE MORE BABY GROPEY!
>>
>>9416552
It's hard for me I've learned, and I guess going to be a PIA in the future as my skull is abnormally large. My grandmother is norwegian and my head could be used by SWAT to batter down a door.
>>
File: 027_XA.jpg (206KB, 1037x1125px) Image search: [Google]
027_XA.jpg
206KB, 1037x1125px
>>9416555
Trips have spoken! Look at the Smarmy little shit I was... Im 16 in this i think, and that is a shirt of stainless flat riveted my mother made for me.

>>9416558
All the more reason to keep trying or find someone. Custom fit is safest. Mine is three pieces, two pieces (side and center) from a simple coif pattern. Zip the tubes up in the sewing machine, baste it together, and stuff the batting in from the bottom with a drumstick. Sew on an edge and its done.
>>
File: can.jpg (1MB, 1818x1228px) Image search: [Google]
can.jpg
1MB, 1818x1228px
>>9416560
Last one im sharing. A bit of levity.
>>
>>9416560
More pics of the gril smoozing on you?
>>
So I was hoping my brother could bring me some nice winingas from the Ribe Vikingecenter when he went there, but they didn't sell any, it would seem.

What fabric would you recommend and how long would it have to be if I made some legwraps myself?
>>
>>9416552

Hey gropes, I made my own stuffed gambeson, but I'm not too sure of the quality. How do you know if you've stuffed it enough?

It looks bloated as shit, but still feels incredibly flexible. Mind, I used modern teddy bear stuffing, since it's just for a larp, but I'd still like to know what it's supposed to be like.
>>
>>9416612
>I used teddybear stuffing

I think I speak for Gropey when say "you're an idiot".
>>
File: Bronn-Jerome_Flynn.jpg (28KB, 300x457px) Image search: [Google]
Bronn-Jerome_Flynn.jpg
28KB, 300x457px
How do I make a costume going for the "grubby mercenary look" on the cheap? Pic related.
>>
>>9416581
Hmmmm... Nope.

>>9416608
Wool. Woven is best, but you can cut strips and hem the edges. You can find all sorts on Etsy for around $25.

>>9416612
I wouldn't go as far as >>9416623, but yeah, you dun goofed. Polyfill stuffing is not going to work. Aside from the fact that its going to be hot as hell, its simply not dense enough and has an extreme compression ratio compared to cotton or wool. Its soft, springy, expanding nature is always going to look like a marshmallow.

>>9416650
Take whatever armour you're going to wear, and roll around in dirt and gravel. Drag it behind your car maybe, but god damn I always hated that costume. There is no way that actually offers any appreciable protection form anything.
>>
>>9416612
http://grimfrost.com/en/clothing-viking/viking-leg-wraps.html
>>
>>9416623
>>9416653

Eh, I had tons available for free, and it was more to see if I could get the technique, size and looks right. Better to use wool or cotton batting then?

I'll admit I am a bit miffed about the manhours, but meh. I'll just put it in the organisation's armory and let the NPCs wear it.

>>9416656
Also thanks.
>>
>>9416612
>polyfill
Holy shit anon

>>9416650
For that particular one? It looks like that's just a thermal jumper with a ''''''viking'''''' vest.
Arguably the archetypal 'mercenary' look comes from having well-used or weathered equipment. Buy a breastplate and thwack it around a bunch with a hickory stave to give it some convincing dents. Or do as Hungarian did and coat your armor in a coal paint to give it a 'munition' feel. The general idea is that you're trying to make your kit look like something that has to be maintained with minimal time and material.
>>
>>9416665
Sorry, meant the winnigas for legwrap dude.

Im crashing. Night ya'll
>>
>>9416667
>Holy shit anon

Will everyone stop giving me shit for the polyfill?

RHEEEEEEEEEE

Whatevs, at least I can sleep in my comfy, comfy wearable cushions
>>
>>9416671
well you will be comfortable when you have to lay down because of overheating
>>
Ebay seller fucked me over,
anyone knows where i can buy a nice sugarloaf helmet?
>>
>>9416671
Because you'll look like an over stuffed couch, over heat, and have a useless gamby. How many times have we had this exact convonon larpthread?

>>9416933
Let me guess: shitty Indian/Pakistani crap that used a picture stolen from a real armourer?

Don't buy shit off ebay without consulting us.
>>
>>9417053
Worked for me plenty of times in the past.
Fuck i got larp worthy gear for prices so cheap...
>>
>>9417059
So whats wrong with it? Pics?
>>
File: Burg1.jpg (13KB, 266x432px) Image search: [Google]
Burg1.jpg
13KB, 266x432px
>>9416531

This helmet is valued above what I paid for it. Its original owner had it custom made for him, as part of a kit that he never finished putting together. So he decdied to sell it. However, he has a very small head, so nobody was buying it. It just so happens that I have the same size head he does.

The skull and brim are 12 gauge. The buff is 14. Even for being a "small" size helmet, it is very heavy, which is important for providing protection. The only deformation of any kind has occurred on the buff. I was slightly worried about the combs, but they have stood up very well.

Most "heavy" combat legal helms of the Burgonet style end up being rather simple in design, with a single shallow comb, a short stubby visor, and a bargrill rather than a full buff. The full buff also allows me to fight with steel in it.

I do intend to get a bargrill as well, because my buff is detachable.

I love this helmet.
>>
>>9417082
it didnt arrive.
>>
>>9417131
Contest payment with paypal.
>>
>>9417163
already did, imma jew him down till i get both my helmet and my money.
>>
File: bascinet.jpg (79KB, 694x800px) Image search: [Google]
bascinet.jpg
79KB, 694x800px
>>9417100
And here's mine. I love it, but the full visor feels more like it's meant for cavalry than anything else, I might want to cut some bigger slots using those breathes under the eye slits. Great build though even if it's so big to fit my noggin (and even then just barely, i can't put the helmet on with the visor locked into the position) that it looks like a great bascinet with a missing bevor.
>>
>>9417234
Get a flatter faceplate with less dish to it, and it will solve your vision issues. It does indeed look like a mounted tournament visor.
>>
>>9417234

That's a sweet hat.

>>9416413

The pants look good, they're just not the style I'm going for.

>>9416255

Less baggy isn't the same as not baggy. I prefer the style with more defined poofy areas, contrasted by tighter sections. And considering some of these based Germans were apparently wearing fucking onesies, I think I'm plenty baggy, thank you.
>>
>>9417376
rule of thumb is earlier Landsknechte had tight fitting stuff everywhere (late 15) then the arms and doublet started to get more puffy/baggy/whatever (early to mid 16) then it changed and the upper parts got more tight fitting and the pants becamse puffy/baggy (mid to late 16th)
Of course there are a fuckton of exception for these but that was the general trend
>>
Question, if I get a neckplate separate from my breastplate, is it supposed to layer over or under the breastplate?
>>
File: 20170401_173914.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20170401_173914.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
Got a new Sallet today! (Which 4chan only lets me upload vertically, it seems.)

I just love it. Still gotta fix some padding to it, though.
>>
>>9418132
did you get the Bevor too?
I was planning buying it myself as a last resort

also i went for a clothed but armored look, it really doesnt work with a battle skirt, unless i go for the ww1 soldier look.
>>
>>9418095
Don't quote me on that but I'd say that it's over.
>>
>>9418095
over, except for super specific cases, post what you got.
>>
>>9418095
Gorgets usually go over your chestplate, yeah.

Upload pics for a better judgement though.
>>
>>9418095
under it most of the time, except if you want to look like a retard
>>
>>9418230
>>9418095
>>9418182
>>9418195
>>9418166
Depends on the age of the armour according to the Glossary of the Construction, Decoration and use of arms and armour. Pre 1500 it would usually go above the chestplate, and from later periods it would be worn under it.

So show the damn picture.
>>
>>9418132
Nice, I really like the neck protection and the rugged finnish.

Where did you get it?
>>
File: 20170401_173727.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20170401_173727.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
>>9418159
No my dude, I don't believe he sells the Bevour.

Looking good, but some decent-looking gloves would really step up your outfit IMO.

>>9418300
Thanks anon!
I bought it from a friend who originally bought it in Drachenfest, in a Sallet+Bevour deal.
>>
>>9418309
I had a 10/10 pair of gloves i got at drachen, brought them to practice once and never saw them again.
>>
Anyone know a shop that sells a gambeson in this design, with light padding and decent delivery time?
And if possible, in the right materials.

>>9418309
>>9418319
Better to just buy a decent pair of leather gloves from a regular clothing shop and larp them up.

Looks just as good, five times the comfort and potentially cheaper.
>>
>>9418336
I live in a temperate country.
Finding gloves to buy that arent for work/gardening/hiking is nearly impossible.
Much less historical looking/leather ones.
>>
>>9418356
Kinda surreal since we have big baskets of them in every sports and clothing store here.

Although they all have lining in them because the weather is so bad, its pretty good for larping even in the summer since it gives protective padding. More so than those terrible suede gloves I got from Mytholon. They look great but they are shit for your hands.
>>
I want to learn more about the Eastern Roman Empire.

What are good sources on it? Is Osprey trustworthy?
>>
File: 1467759291669.png (656KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1467759291669.png
656KB, 1200x1600px
Say i have 1500 usd
Where is the best place to order fullplate armor for larping purposes?
Im from near the EU.
>>
>>9418246
if it's solely neck protection, which means a gorget then it's nearly always under the breastplate. If it's a bevor or buffe which is primary face/lower face protection and partially neck then the over it is acceptable
>>
File: stahlgilde.jpg (221KB, 1002x888px) Image search: [Google]
stahlgilde.jpg
221KB, 1002x888px
>>9419049
>http://www.stahlgilde.com/larp-armor

You can get a complete set for like up to 800€, and according to your approximate size. I just picked some random shit plus full body padding and it only reached 600€

I would suggest you piece together a set by yourself instead of buying their pre-made sets, otherwise people will easily recognize it. I recommend getting a full leg guard and not just the typical single shin plate that 99% of people get, same with the arm guard.

Helmet can be bought from pretty much anywhere else, but I would recommend that you use the remainder of your budget to order a custom helmet to your liking and in proper metal grades in case you want to go full on SCA one day.
>http://www.bestarmour.com/helmets.html
>http://www.steel-mastery.com/en/plate-armour/helmets

Your helmet is the most personal part of an armor kit so its worth investing in to it.
>>
>>9419049
zeughaus for fake stuff but cheap and efficient.

Forge of svan, cheap and real armor.
>>
Hey guys,
Amtgard larper here.
I have been using this past week to work on my own set of plate (not ready for pictures yet) and I read a lot of these threads. I have used a ton of pictures from here, /tg/, and a lot of other searching to pattern my armor, but I had a moment of clarity/questioning. If I were to bring my armor to an event outside of fantasy-style larps, how harsh would other groups be on anything such as mixing of incorrect time-period, modern working methods (like oxy acetylene cutting), or general work quality?

I have a good amount of metalworking experience, but I don't have many people around me that I can learn from or receive relevant feedback from.
>>
>>9419424
If you're bringing it to a reenactment or SCA or something along those lines, prepare to get shit for it.
>>
>>9419424
It depends entirely on what event you are going to, and just what is wrong with the armour.

It could run the entire gamut from lavish praise because they are too stupid to notice inaccuracies or poor workmanship, acceptance because no one really cares about any standards, gentle mockery and/or tips on how to improve to "get off my field, your harness makes me want to vomit".

Without details it's impossible to judge what the reactions might be. Obviously minor anachronisms or a generally good quality harness with a few blips in workmanship will be more acceptable to more people than wearing a horned hemet over a breatplate held together with spit and prayers but what constitutes acceptable quality/accuracy is very subjective.
>>
File: Progress Pic.jpg (306KB, 1224x1632px) Image search: [Google]
Progress Pic.jpg
306KB, 1224x1632px
>>9419424
Working from a steel barrel that I received for free, I have cut out the front and back cuirass, removed paint and rust, and have begun real shaping. Those ugly lines across the front and back come from a large ridge that circled the barrel, which I am still fixing. I realized that I made a small patterning error on the shoulder and neckline, but that's what working on it today should alleviate. The end goal is in a 1450's Italian form, but please understand that this is a work very much in progress. The plan moving forward is to work on cleaning up wiggles and dents, rolling my edges, set about working the straps, and to begin work from pattern on the fauld section.

>>9419461
Obviously, at this point, there is nothing screamingly wrong with the armor, but I was wondering about future things as missing an important detail or my modern working.
>>
>>9419609
Still very much depends on what events or groups you plan on joining I'm afraid. Some are very strict in terms of accuracy, other have no standards or enforcement in any real way at all.

If you have an idea of what kind of events or organisations you might be interested in, then people familar with each could give an overview but the sheer variety of opinions mean that it's impossible to make generalisations beyond almost all groups being tolerant of some level of inaccuracy (though where the line is drawn, is of course specific to each group).

Sorry I can't be of more use.
>>
File: 1433793128739_100_53451024x895.jpg (877KB, 1024x895px) Image search: [Google]
1433793128739_100_53451024x895.jpg
877KB, 1024x895px
Should I cover these up at a high-fantasy larp or not?

Its the model 60 Czech army boots, need a new pair and found these for cheap at a surplus store here.

And if anyone just happen to have any experience with them, are they really smaller than what the sizing states or will I be fine with a pair of thin wool socks in them?
>>
>>9419657
I don't know if it's your intent, but you make it sound as though larps that don't bother about historical accuracy have insufficient costuming standards.
>>
>>9419609
I expected a lot less than that, but I think it looks pretty good for an extreme diy barrel arrmor.

Some more shaping, and then I would try to darken the finish like this helmet >>9418132
It could play off as a cheap mercenary armor thing.
>>
>>9419721
It's wasn't, as the question was about the suitability of less than 100% accurate armour outside of fantasy larps.

I'll admit I have a strong preference for historical accuracy in costumes but for an explictly fantasy larp that is a nice little extra as what really matters is immersion and what looks good when talking about "costuming standards". No accuracy is claimed and none is expected so everything is fine.

I was talking about groups (explicitly hisotrical larps, reenactments etc) which do make claims to authenticity and who might be expected to care about the accuracy or quality of some home-made armour but in practice make no effort to promote these standards. This is important as it makes a difference as to whether armour-anon could wear his breastplate if he joined a group like that.

Once I have the time and money after I've done all the historical projects, I'd love to make a full-on fantasy kit for the novelty of it.
>>
>>9419609
That'll fly at most fantasy games.
SCA might give you shit for it, but they also let dudes walk around in fantasy leather and fucking kydex, so fuck'em.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1491005683750.jpg (39KB, 800x536px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1491005683750.jpg
39KB, 800x536px
Can someone elaborate on SCA Rapier Combat?
Looks cool AF and there isn't one where I live so I think of starting one.

>What do I need?
>Where get that?
>What're the rules?
>>
>>9419761
Fair enough! Just wanted to make sure there was no misunderstanding there.
>>
>>9419792
No worries, no harm done.
>>
>>9419683
looks just fine to me
>>
>>9418159
>Rate my WW1 kit

Dice/10
>>
>>9418336
http://www.steel-mastery.com/en/padded-armour/gambesons/historical-gambeson-HG-06
>>
File: Screenshot_20170402-145759.png (2MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170402-145759.png
2MB, 1440x2560px
Hey larpers, i need a tent that is larp acceptable, "medieval" tents are fucking expensive, its for me and my gf, so a small tent, just for sleeping in our IC camp. Can someone help?
>>
File: Sahara-400-500-inner_1[1].jpg (487KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
Sahara-400-500-inner_1[1].jpg
487KB, 1200x900px
>>9420258

Google the Sahara 400 (pic related, 4 people if you make it tight), you can have that one starting at 300 euros, I think.
The larger Sahara 500 (6 people if you make it tight) is around 440 euros.
For around 770 you can get the balls to the wall Emperor tent by the same manufacturer (10 people if you make it tight), to which you can attach the Saharas on the side if you really want to make it look like your band is a bunch of posh motherfuckers.
They get more expensive if you want the ground sheet attached, but in all they've served me and a lot of other larpers well.

The downside is, everybody and their dog has them.
>>
File: Emperor-8[1].jpg (166KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Emperor-8[1].jpg
166KB, 800x600px
>>9420279
>>9420258

Emperor with Sahara 500 attached
>>
>>9413193
I want to make a baldric. It's going to need to hold a pouch containing a bigass book, my sword (which is actually pretty light), a smaller pouch full of "spells" and probably other items, including a smaller book, and a bunch of other random shit. My garb is pretty meh to nonexistant, and I wanna basically have a shitload of tatt hanging from a gnarly baldric to make me look slightly more in character.

Anybody done this before? Any good guides or advice?
>>
File: 32989682633_9fdfcd63e7_k.jpg (2MB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
32989682633_9fdfcd63e7_k.jpg
2MB, 2048x1365px
Regency Larp was had, spent entire weekend drinking port and fighting. No regrets.
>>
So, Larp for most seems to be a nice hobby to play. Although, I'm not convinced to join the action yet. Therefore, why would Larp be a better choice over Dag?
>>
>>9420507
>Therefore, why would Larp be a better choice over Dag?
it's only better if you enjoy it more. I mean it's a hobby, it will be subjective
>>
Other than magic Larp has to offer, What makes this sport different from each other?
>>
>>9420539
well, larp is not a sport for example
>>
What would one call Larp then? Fellow team mates of mine call Dag a sport. Like are there still rules on how foam swords are made? And how may hits till one is dead in the game? Thanks for answering my questions.
>>
File: LaughingKnight.glassinlead.jpg (29KB, 188x326px) Image search: [Google]
LaughingKnight.glassinlead.jpg
29KB, 188x326px
>>9420551
>sport
LaughingLandsknechts.codpiece

Really? It's far from any real sport, and I'd never call either LARP or Dagorhir something like that.

Anyways, LARPing is mainly about the roleplay aspect. It's more storytelling, immersion, and roleplay than just bashing each other's head in with foam dicks. So it has more focus on costuming, world-building, camp-life, etc. etc.
>>
>>9420551
LARP is LARP. It's just playing pretend that costs a lot.

Rules on weapon material and combat vary from LARP to LARP. Some only allow big dumb foam weapons, others allow more realistic hard foam and latex stuff.
>>
>>9420551
well dag could be a sport. I mean it's not a larp so it is possible.

The definition I prefer for larps is comes from J. Tuomas Harviainen. It has three criteria and all of them must be true for something to be considered a larp:

1. Role-playing in which a character, not just a social role, is played.
2. The activity takes place in a fictional reality shared with others. Breaking that fictional reality is seen as a breach in the play itself.
3. The physical presence of at least some of the players as their characters.

While TECHNICALLY this could mean that there are larps out there that are also sports too but I never encountered one.
>>
he he ya sorry you are right maybe the word sport wasn't right. It sounds like a real life DnD game. Which for a lady is a perfect hobby choice.
>>
>>9420563
>not sure if bad bait
>>
>>9420563
>It sounds like a real life DnD game.
well... In the US that's the case sadly most of the time.
>>
Do you have big events during the summer? Like in June Dag has a huge camp site for a week with fights, people poisoning other guilds, and drinking.
>>
How does it work where you live?
>>
>>9420571
depends on the specific game. Some has just one game per year and it's relatively small some has a very huge game once per year or maybe more.

>>9420573
bunch of different games here, I would say all of them are unlike to US larps but in different ways
>>
>>9420571
Most LARPs only go in events. Some are run monthly, but most are once maybe twice a year. Espescially the bigger ones.

Anyways, I don't know if Dag has a running plot etc as well? Because LARP is far more plot-centered, and as such a steady team of NPCs, game managers, crew managers, etc. is a must for any large scaled event.
>>
Oh.......How long have you played? Is there a fee to play? How do you find guilds? Is there a website?
>>
>>9420596
could you link your post to who you are replying to? it gets really confusing. Just click on the post number
>>
Wow I didn't think it was that well known. So what is your personality in game?
>>
>>9420596
Who are you talking to? You can press the No. of a post to link to it.

Anyway, I've been playing for about 2 years now, so I'm a rookie compared to most in here.

I haven't heard of any free LARPs so far, and guilds? Depends on the setting I presume? I'd advice you to take a step away from Dag stuff.

To find local LARPs you have to look around online, haha. It's not one big running story, it's thousands upon thousands of loose organizations.

>>9420608
Depends on the setting. :^)
>>
>>9420607
sorry both question are to you.
>>
>>9420610
Ya I'm not much into just fights. That's why I'm interested in Larp.
>>
>>9420615
As you played at Dag I guess you're an American, so you'll have to ask some of the burgers on here on how to find groups in Freedomland. Most likely a quick look on Facebook could help you out, there's usually something like a massive group called "LARP *region, country, province, etc*"

And yeah, LARP is far more focussed on the narrative aspect so I'm sure you'll be able to find your spot at a local event. LARPs can vary greatly though, so try and do a bit of research into the event itself, and try to get some insiders to help you out.

If you don't know anybody I'd advice you to start off NPC'ing, so you can see the different aspects of the organization.

Besides all that there's one rule I want to tell you I tell every beginning LARPer: "don't try to win at LARPing, you're LARPing, you've already lost."
>>
>>9420613
Well, I've been larping for 12 years now. Mostly in Hungary but went to a few games in croatia and to drachenfest a couple of times in germany. Technically tried out a few larps in poland at a larp convention too but that doesn't really count.

The fees really depends on the game. Big games like Drachenfest have an entry fee of 90-150 euro, depending on when you buy the ticket.
Other games here usually have 500-3000 HuF (1,7- 10,3 usd) fee if it's out in the middle of the woods or just a simple chamber larp. If it's a bigger game with more logistics or it's on a rented site, you get food etc then it can be in the 7000-12000 HuF (24,1 - 41,4 usd) range

I don't know what you mean by guilds, if you mean groups of people to play with... well you just get in contact with the larpers here and you find people you like playing with, the community isn't that big. But in the game it's always different which people go to which in game group. Mostly because the in game groups aren't constant either.

There are a few websites but mostly facebook pages and groups. Mostly in hungarian as there aren't many international games here. We tried it for a few years but not enough foreign people came to continue it. But Chronicles of Demgard still has it's old rules up in english
>>
>>9420621
Where are you from? Thanks for the info.
>>
>>9420633
Netherlands, LARPs here cost between the 20-70 euros a week(end).
>>
>>9420626
That would be fun to play some day in Germany. Ich mag Duetschland!
>>
>>9420639
well, Drachenfest is the second biggest larp in the wrod, lots of people go there, even from the US. So it's not a lost cause.
They also had ConQuest which is the biggest one and you can buy joined tickets for them as they are right after each other (although on different spots)
>>
>>9420636
Nice to meet you from the U.S to Netherlands.
>>
>>9420642
What time of the year does ConQuest start? I would have to research the total cost for the trip.
>>
>>9420652
Well drachenfest is the last week of july, and I think conquest of mythodea is the week after that... or before that.
but you can read more here
http://www.live-adventure.de/ConQuest_english/start.php
>>
>>9420566
https://youtu.be/8oWAb5NVALw
>>
>>9420725
I can't thank you enough for reminding me the existence of that video...
How's Brexit going for you?
>>
>>9420754
In a nutshell - https://imgflip.com/gif/16o00e

Also Everythingisfine.jpeg
>>
>>9420400
Looking good, although the Katana the guy on the left ruins it somewhat. Any other pics from the event?
>>
>>9420814
Pretty fucking much actually.
>>
>>9420819
Few on the way, the event doesn't have a proper photographer though so I doubt they will be great.
>>
>>9420380
Never made one, but my experience with wearing baldrics has always had them tending to slide such that the heaviest item is at the bottom, regardless of how they're meant to sit. Depending on your other items, that'll probably be your spellbook, so keep that in mind when placing the items.
>>
>>9420561
I know you've mentioned these rules before, I really like them. Could you maybe explain each piece of criteria a little more and what it means? Like, I know the first point basically means that SCA is not a larp, because the purpose is to play as non-specific "knights" or "men-at-arms" or "nobles" in the setting, rather than specific characters. What about the others?
>>
>>9420961
well I can tell you my interpretation of those criterias, but keep in mind even these three criterias are flexible and may be not perfect, but still these are the best I've found so far.

1. is as you said you have a character that is more than just "I'm Bob the fighter who deals 5 point of damage"
It also means that this is a must have. Everyone who is playing must have a character. Obviusly if you are an organizator or _non-player_ character aka just a monster or someone who's sole purpose is to be there to add entertainment for the others you can get away with it to some degree but still it's better if those have a character too.
As you said this is one of the reasons SCA is not considered a larp. Also Dagorhir and a lot of other fight only battle games. And reenactment even as contrary to popular beliefe reenactment isn't about roleplaying but about historical research and study. and then representing that to other people. And not your fanfic viking characters backstory, no matter how cool he is.

2. is kind of straightforward. There is a shared world, an In game word. If call of duty is not part of the world because let's say you are playing in the witcher world then if you start talking with your friend about how CoD is super duper fun then it's a break of the game and the roleplaying. You are talking out of character and that isn't part of the "in game" no matter how much giggles you and your friend has. Similarly anything out of character stuff is considered breach of the game.
You can argue that this is one of reasons why bringing out of game knowledge into the game is shuned upon. It's a breach of the game too but the other way around, you aren't skipping out from the "in" world to the "out" word, but bring the "out" word to the "in" world and then there is that breach of immersion that must be handled, there goes all the magic of the moment out of the window.

Cont.
>>
>>9420985
There is another very two important implication of #2 criteria:
First. there MUST BE a fictional reality that the players use. That doesn't mean there should be pages long backstory and whatever. That fictional reality might be even an exact copy of our world, but the keeping in mind the game rules you can willingly suspend your disbelief when those rules kick in.
When you slash your opponent with a foam sword you obviously does not except him to start bleeding for real but he will have to pretend that he is injured. You also pretend that he is injured and indeed bleeding. because you totally slashed him with a real sword. In that fictional reality.
The second important implication that it is a SHARED reality. It all goes to shit if you play in reality X and the other guy plays in reality Y. Easy example if you and another player knows entirely different rules. Like one of you doesn't even know that there are rules for magic or it is even possibly to have it in the game. This is out of character knowledge we are talking about. If Bob thinks he is playing in Middle Earth while Bobnovich thinks plays his super special Harry Potter fanfic universe then it's not shared and there won't be a joint game, rather just lots of separate pretend games all for itself.

The #2 critria is the prime reason why cosplaying while also roleplaying your character isn't really a larp on it's own. Technically it could be but you can see that when everyone is roleplaying as his or her cosplay character then everyone has a different world in his mind.
It's also true for SCA and reenactment to some degree although this criteria might be fulfilled by them sometimes

cont
>>
>>9421006
#3 Is pretty much straightforward again.
Some of the players must be actually present as their characters.
That doesn't just mean you should resemble your character to some degree but also actually being there and acting it. If everyone would do it over the net it would be some kind of MMORPG or FRPg or some shit instead of larping.
Then again it doesn't say all of the players. This could mean that some of the players are present not as their characters but as something else OR that they are their characters but isn't really present, like if it's a spy game or something then they are contact the other players by phone or by similar means.

So as I said these three criterias are very vauge, it was designed like that because after you see how many things can be a larp and how many different playstyles out there you really start to wonder where to draw the actual line.

There are a fuckton of grey areas, some nordic guys actually enjoy pushing the limits and some activites, sports or games try to use larp elements for one reason or another s you can also look at the intent too but I would say if one of the three main criteria is missing you have to draw the line and say it isn't a larp.
That's my opinion
>>
>>9420615
>>9420621
Burger here. When I'm looking for larps, I usually start by googling "[area] larp," with [area] being the general region I'm in (typically encompassing a driving distance of no more than 2-3 hours). If the first couple pages of results don't give me anything more than the local chapters of Dag, Amtgard, DR, or Mind's Eye Theater, then I pull up http://www.larping.org/larps/ and scroll to my area.

Usually when looking at that map, I have to sort through a lot of games that are dead. When you find a larp on the map, check out its website or Facebook page, or if it doesn't provide a link, google it. Webpages of games that don't meet any more will usually take you to a "domain for sale" page or will just stop having any updates after a certain date. If you're not sure whether a game is still alive or not, email their staff or get in touch with them via Faceboo (if you can't find any way to contact them, their larp is probably crazy disorganized and shitty, so it's no loss).

Once I've looked through google and the larp map to find the ones that are nearby and still going on, I give a quick glance through each one's description and rules. For you, since you don't care about combat and mainly want roleplay, you'll want to especially keep an eye out for "parlor larps" or "salon larps." They're the same thing, but different people use different terms. Those are games with (usually) no combat or strenuous physical activity allowed (most of them have you play rock-paper-scissors or something to decide what happens in the rare case of a fight). They almost always have a huge focus on costuming and roleplaying as a result.

If there's a game you find that you want more details about, you can share it here, somebody may have heard of it before and can tell you about it. Hope that helps!
>>
>>9420985
>>9421006
>>9421017
Much appreciated! I always like to have solid answers like this so that I don't stumble around a lot when people ask me what larp is like. It's fun to give the "cross country pantomime" answer, but it also doesn't actually tell them what it's like.
>>
>>9421084
well as I said that is just one definity, one that I happen to like and also very vague. It doesn't tell jackshit for a beginner about what he can find in a larp. Because honestly every larp is different. Larp is just a category, an umbrella term so you have to bring up a few specifics but always remind people that there is more to it. than those examples.
>>
>>9420648

Guys, can I just say?
It is very strange, but extremely welcome to have such a polite, non (or at least, not terribly) autistic person in this thread.

Nice to meet you too, newfriend, greetings from Belgium
>>
>>9421541
Och, it's obviously she hasn't lurked a lot yet, or atleast isn't too keen on picking up the rude etiquette that is the leading language here. I've reached the point where I don't even see it as a casual insults anymore. It's just another kind of polite dinner time manners, just now for an Indonesian Woollen fishnetstocking repair pictureboard.

And Hell, you might even say there's more unwritten rules here than at any royal evening.
>>
>>9421589
4chan is the sole reason I don't even associate the word faggot with homosexuals anymore. But yeah, the sheer amount of unspoken rules and codes here is baffling.
>>
>>9421615
or niggers with melanin enriched gentlemen
>>
>>9421639
Or cucks with culturally enriched gentlemen.
>>
>>9421641
or autists with mentally challan... wait no. That one is pretty much accurate
>>
>>9420951
Thanks for the heads up. I was planning to have it sitting in front of my chest; I think I'll have it at the hip instead.
>>
What do you guys recommend for a secondary weapon? According to the rules of the local larp I might get into, once an arm loses all its hp, you can't use it anymore, and all I have right now is a claymore.
Another rule says you have to use both hands for weapons over a certain size, so I can't pull a dark souls and 1-hand this shit.
I need something I can use 1-handed, but preferably something that can also be useful outside of when I'm being restricted to 1 hand.
>>
File: DatAss.jpg (97KB, 736x690px) Image search: [Google]
DatAss.jpg
97KB, 736x690px
So guys, how would I go about getting period-appropriate fabric like this? Since it's hosen I'm assuming it's either wool or felt or whatever the likes.
>>
>>9421827
pistol

>>9421828
yep, that's wool
>>
>>9421827
Buckler. Punch weapons out of your way until you can find a healer and regain use of your big sword
>>
>>9421844
Yeah but where do I get wool like this, or is this made by being a self-loathing bastard and sewing together strokes?
>>
>>9421874
either sew together strips of wool or make it out of either white or red and then add a few stripes of wool. Both can work, although this version was made out of the first version as far as I know (and it's not easy if you want it really tight fitting)
>>
>>9421844
Rules explicitly state that gunpowder isn't invented yet, so the most I could do is a crossbow in this case.
>>
>>9421879
or throwing daggers. Anyway if you already lost one arm you won't be any shape to start a serious fight so rather think about retreating
>>
>>9421827
motherfucking rapier.
riposte them on the counter-tempo all day
>>
File: FB_IMG_1490344178707.jpg (61KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1490344178707.jpg
61KB, 960x720px
>>9421827
So, you're basically asking 'which 1h sword should I go for?"
Depends on the character, I suppose.
Rapier is considered the most OP one handed because muh length, especially if your games allows thrusting.
If no, just pick what you enjoy fighting with. Personally I enjoy sabres. Perhaps go for a Scottish Broadsword if you're a Claymorefag
>>
>>9422044
>Rapier is considered the most OP one handed because muh length
George Silver fans are on suicide watch
>>
>>9422071
Please explain for a non-Hemafag?
>>
File: listen here swine.png (430KB, 395x395px) Image search: [Google]
listen here swine.png
430KB, 395x395px
>>9422044
>Rapier is considered the most OP one handed because muh length

>huh stop using a style that looks good and larp effective
>huh stop having fun by having a shit eating grin whenever you duel someone

>mfw barbarian/wild type character snarls at me when i got a rapier

>>9422105
Geroge was known for fencing
>>
>>9421891
>>9422044
>>9422113
Aren't all rapiers flimsy as fuck?
I can't imagine a larp rapier not snapping in 2 on the first attack.
>>
File: random.jpg (106KB, 564x849px) Image search: [Google]
random.jpg
106KB, 564x849px
Getting into Autosage.

New thread here;
>>9422267
>>
>>9422105
George Silver wrote the book paradox of defense or whatever it was called. He was dissing italians every second page about they are being gay with their long ass rapiers and anyone who knows his shit can do way more with any sword that is shorter than those long rapiers. Also italians suck dick and he can fuck every italian "masters" any time of the day
>>
>>9422270
also, actually 310 replies when autosage starts, so we still have at least 8 more posts
>>
>>9421827
I use a warhammer
>>
>>9422144
>Aren't all rapiers flimsy as fuck?

quite the opposite - the real ones are often very thick, so they're strong and really stiff.

as a general rule, (not always, but usually), the broader the blade is, the thinner it is, and the narrower it is, the thicker it gets.
so a really wide blade will often have about the same amount of material as a really thin one, just distributed in a different way.
Thread posts: 305
Thread images: 58

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.