[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Indie Lolita/Jfash Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 6

File: 438435414.jpg (382KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
438435414.jpg
382KB, 750x1000px
Old thread
>>9339891
Post your favorite indie clothing or accessory makers. Self posts encouraged.

If you make stuff, what kinds of stuff do you make? Do you sell it online or at cons? What kinds of challenges do you face? What things you wish your consumers knew about your products? Any WIPs you want critique on?

If you buy stuff, what's the last indie product you bought? What did you think? What part of the experience you liked? Any part you didn't like? Would you recommend the seller to someone else? What items are you lusting over but can't buy for whatever reason?
>>
>>9355356
OP is MeLikesTea, Brazillian petticoat maker.
>>
File: battyblack1_original.jpg (631KB, 1000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
battyblack1_original.jpg
631KB, 1000x1333px
>>9355358
The Black Ribbon on Storenvy. I really like this cutsew.
>>
>>9355360
Highly considering these hairclips from Restyle (on Lolita Collective). They'd match a pair of tights I have nicely.
>>
File: ravenhairclips.jpg (35KB, 380x554px) Image search: [Google]
ravenhairclips.jpg
35KB, 380x554px
>>9355363
Dropped the picture like a derp.
>>
File: Red_chiffon_cutsew1_400w.jpg (53KB, 400x584px) Image search: [Google]
Red_chiffon_cutsew1_400w.jpg
53KB, 400x584px
>>9355379
Also just saw someone posted about this brand on CoF? Anyone have any experience with them? What's the quality like?
>>
>>9355400
I have the blouse in your picture. It's a very comfortable blouse, no complaints about the quality. They took a bit longer than I expected to ship though.
>>
>>9355429
Did you get in red? I'm curious how true to life the picture is.
>>
>>9355454
I got it in cream unfortunately.
>>
anyone want to recommend some indie cutsews? i want to collect a bunch to wear with salopettes
>>
>>9355400
My eyes are mad at me. What's the shop name?
>>
>>9355584
cherie cherie i think
>>
>>9355363
I buy something restyle from Lolita collective everytime I see them. Restyle quality is amazing!!
>>
>>9355360
I have one of these! Comfy and I wear it to work a lot. Little harder to put in a coord though
>>
>>9355584
>>9355597
So sorry, its Cherie Cerise.
http://www.cheriecerise.com/
>>
>>9355502
What style/color are you looking for specifically?
>>
>>9355356
Your pic, melikestea, is a petticoat from a Brazilian maker but - she also takes replica commissions and many Brazilian lolitas and even owners of indie lolita brands there wear and support replicas.

Be informed about who you purchase from if this matters to you.
>>
>>9356576
Why is this the first time we are hearing about this? Do you have any proof? These threads always turn into shitting on some indie brand because everyone gets in an autistic rage anytime someone tries to make money outside of selling nudes.
>>
>>9356600
A Brazilian lolita spilled the tea on melikestea and Unicorn Dreams when someone posted a photo there of Unicorn Dreams wearing a replica.

"Be informed about the people you buy from" shits on no on end is good advice.
>>
>>9356617
So Unicorn Dreams is wearing a replica. How does that mean that Melikestea makes replicas? Just because one anon on cgl said something?
>>
>>9356617
>shits on no on end

Are you okay
>>
>>9356617
Unicorn Holic, Anon. Are you ok?
>>
>>9356617
I don't know about MelikesTea but her pettis are just the best. I own three of them and they're way better than my Classical Puppet's. I've never seen her wearing replicas and she hasn't worn Lolita for a long time already. So... I don't know.

Now, Unicorn Holic's shoes are all handmade (meaning, they don't send the shoes to be made on a factory) and that gives us shoes without good finishing.

A lot of people love her shoes, but I absolutely despise them. They're just far below my standards.
>>
>>9356567
baby pink, sax, light yellow, perhaps white. I'm really into the older ott sweet vibes

>i shouldve thought to add that in my original post, my apologies
>>
>>9356576
Is no one going to fact check this or are u just going to ruin a good indie brands rep on some "someone on cgl said ..." (which they havent shown proof to back up that claim)
>>
>>9356664
One heads up post doesn't ruin the thread, I did not shit up the thread with multiple posts or argue. I'm tracking down some evidence for the statement on melikestea before I post anything further. Unicorn holic wearing a replica in a photo is enough to make me boycott her business though.
>>
>>9356664
I don't even know how to fact check this? Melikestea has been around for years and it looks like one anon on cgl has a grudge. Like >>9356600 said, these threads just turn into memes and salty rumors because it's just easier to believe drama.
>>
>>9356576
Don't give a shit, even if it is true.

She makes fantastic pettis and blouses and that's all I care about.
>>
>>9356660
Hmm, I feel like I only really see gothic/classic cutsews. I'll see what I can dig up.
>>
>>9356671
Is unicornholic the same person as melikestea? I don't understand why one person being shitty and wearing a replica means that a completely different person *makes* replicas when we have never seen replicas come from them before?
>>
regarding melikestea:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jkoTrdb-Z0&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>9356690

If you google melikestea replica you can also trace her old and deleted posts about her having replicas( dream sky, for example). There are some on her tumblr too.
>>
>>9356690
Does melikestea make replicas or did she apparently just own one in 2012? I am confused about why I'm supposed to be angry and I think you're confused too.
>>
>>9356694
That's enough proof for me. Damn.
>>
>>9356664
No one will believe rumors without proof to back it up, that's silly but looks like in this case there's some truth behind rumor, at least that the owner buys and wears replicas. More will be revealed if we also find she has made some but it takes a bit of time to look things up.
>>
>>9356676
No, they're not the same.
>>
>>9356746
So why should I care? Look, I have some friends that do shitty things but that doesn't mean I do everything that they do. I don't really get why you're pushing this with such a thin argument.
>>
>>9356754
I don't know why you should care, that's up to you. I just answered that they're not the same person, I'm not the same anon that's making the accusations.
>>
>>9356695

Aside of those videos and tumblr posts, that's all I have to show for now. I can do some digging if you want.

She uses and make them. I can't reveal more because everything will be on easily traceable Brazilian communities and I want to still have access to those pages.

If you are willing to search, just google some keywords, her name or blogs.

Same applies to any other brazilian indie store owner. Just check before buy.
>>
>>9356751
>she had some replicas 2012 and before

Alright that sucks but that's about 5 years ago, it sounds like she realized they were bad?

>she makes design replicas but no print replicas

This is the reason for your witch hunt? People do design replicas/brand inspired designs all the time jfc
>>
>>9356751
So she's not even in the hobby anymore but still wants to sell us things, and when she ~was~ in the hobby she bought and wore print replica, even promoting them in videos - but she wants to be respected as a creator herself.

Nope.
>>
>>9356758
Ffs please post some actual proof or go. You're in this deep, might as well go all in. What you've posted already is thin at best and seems like more vendetta than anything.
>>
>>9356758
Check before you buy is always the best advice. But for new lolitas, it's good to have a list of these indie creators who support replicas too. I won't buy from them.
>>
>>9356765
Jeez, a video of melikestea actually showing her replica purchase is not enough?
>>
I wasn't into lolita back in the livejournal days, but does anyone remember this list?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OxEPf0lbGUmhPJhUq68qrPq-0ngp9t6lrEEcGKd0I8I/

It looks a little suspect to me (it has Bodyline and F+F, which at this point I don't really consider indie) but anyone have any insight into any of the brands on here that are still active?
>>
>>9356690
Maybe she makes replicas, maybe she doesn't. Either way buying her pettis isn't buying replicas. If she makes good products, just buy them.
>>
A 5 year old video of her buying one replica is damning evidence that she makes replicas currently and promotes them still? Wow that is reaching.
>>
http://melikestea.tumblr.com/post/79330773147/outfit-for-my-1st-day-back-to-uni-in-2013-im

You can see her Bodyline AP replica
>>
>>9356787
Gosh, this is so old. Things were pretty different back then.
>>
>>9356784
this, so much
>>
>>9356775
Nah, an indie designer who has supported art theft from others isn't my idea of a good person to buy from, no thanks.
>>
>>9356795
Leading accusations and a video from 5 years ago of a gift she received from a friend, better boycott!

More pettis for me.
>>
>>9356803
Several links to several posts with several replicas. That's not one 'oops because it was a gift', that's a pattern.
And yes, you can have all her pettis. I won't buy from people who have supported art theft then expect any respect as an indie maker themselves.
>>
>>9356795
This reminds me of a girl I knew who was vocal about artists pirating photoshop but still sold fanart.

Not saying that replicas are as grey area as fanart claims to be (there is no grey area there, honestly) but by your logic about 80-90% of existing artists and designers right now should not be working or promoting their work because I promise you that they've more than likely done either fanart or piracy.
>>
>>9356813
So give me those links lmao, the burden of proof is on the people making accusations. I'm wondering why everyone seems to suddenly care so much today if apparently she's being doing this for years?
>>
>>9356787
This is print-less? That's fine by me in my book. Not to mention

>2013
>>
>>9356818
The video link is above as is a link to her tumblr post about AP replica, then this turns up more, are you even reading the thread?

>If you google melikestea replica you can also trace her old and deleted posts about her having replicas( dream sky, for example). There are some on her tumblr too.
>>
>>9356719
just google it
[Review] AP Dream Sky Replica - MeLikesTea
comes up so do a few others
>>
>>9356828
>>9356839
Ok? So she bought some replicas years ago? Googling that leads to a deleted page and mostly cgl posts from this very thread. Where is the proof that she makes them though?
>>
>>9356839
She is deleting things, (I suspected she would) but people have screen caps and the posts are still accessible via way back machine and web search history so she can't just erase them.
>>
>>9356863
No proof yet that she made any. But many people won't support an indie maker who is/was a replica-chan.
>>
>>9355358
Speaking of melikestea she is available on lacemarket now too it seems!
>>
>>9356775
>Either way buying her pettis isn't buying replicas
Yes it is, anon. Buying her petticoat means you are directly supporting her living and purchasing descisions. If she still buys replicas, you giving her money enables her to do so.
>>
>>9356962
Even if she doesn't buy them still (someone said she doesn't even wear lolita anymore), her past disregard and lack of respect for other lolita brands makes me not want to ever support hers.
>>
>>9356674
Thank you in advance anon!
>>
>>9356769
Wasn't a gift she got from a friend?
>>
>>9357140
She said that one was but she had several others that she also bought. She's deleting her posts about her replicas, but if you search 'replica melikestea' the titles and a bit of text from each post still pop up clearly. Or use the way back machine for the full post if you want to read them. She can't cover her tracks so easily.
>>
>>9355360
This is super cute ! Wish they added a bit of black lace to the sleeves and maybe the collar though.
>>
Has anybody here ever bought something from "Fashion Monster House"? It's a Spanish lolita indie brand apparently, and they have a new print for preorder that looks really nice in the design pictures, but I'm unsure about how good the final product will be.
>>
>>9357160
Here's a link to a replica she bought off AliExpress

https://web.archive.org/web/20141008112530/http://www.melikestea.com/2014_05_01_archive.html
>>
>>9357187
i havent bought anything but i kinda want the japan print. it doesnt look very good quality and for those prices not worth buying imo
>>
>>9357188
the link says "no posts" unfortunately
>>
>>9357232
Did you grab the whole archive URL? It's showing fine for me.
>>
>>9357236
It also says no posts for me too
>>
File: IMG_2252.jpg (575KB, 1536x1779px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2252.jpg
575KB, 1536x1779px
I can see it. What bugs me it's the fact that she was already fairly active in the business at this time, so she has any excuses for this behavior.
>>
>>9357236
I tried again and it's still not showing. Wonder why it works for some but doesn't for others.
>>
>>9357517
Try taking out the s after the first http
>>
>>9357534
thanks, based anon, it works now!
>>
>>9357397
Yep. Has active business, making money off selling her petticoats to other lolitas so no 'too poor' excuse, isn't fat so no 'doesn't fit brand' excuse...
It's just a case of not giving a shit and greedy disrespect.
>>
>>9356690
So she bought a replica 5 years ago? Who gives a fuck?
>>
>>9357755
She bought several replicas and reviewed one less than 2 years ago and but the point is that she expects people to support her as a lolita designer when she has disrespected other company copyrights.
You can but I won't.
>>
This is a stupid thing to get hung up on. When I was dumb and new I bought a replica, should I be punished for the rest of my life?

Though I guess it doesn't really matter, less people on the wait list the faster I can get my shit
>>
>>9356674
Not that anon, but an I see recommendations of gothic/classic ones?
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.