[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lolita General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 327
Thread images: 21

File: seperates.jpg (283KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
seperates.jpg
283KB, 500x600px
Last one hit autosage!
>>9274657
trigger warning, I'm gonna post risa in the comments.
>>
File: weird.jpg (186KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
weird.jpg
186KB, 500x600px
>>9283765
>>
File: my apologies.jpg (41KB, 372x490px) Image search: [Google]
my apologies.jpg
41KB, 372x490px
>>9283767
>>
>>9283768
I kinda like the bustier top as some sort of cute burlesque piece.
>>
>>9283768

so we're we're petticoats as skirts now?
>>
>>9283892

shit *wearing
>>
>>9283892
was always a thing in fairy kei.
>>
>>9283897

...yeah, but lolita aint fairy kei lol

it was a thing with decora back in the day too
>>
>>9283899
They can cross over.
>>
>>9283914
Yeah if you're tacky like that
>>
File: IMG_0099.jpg (33KB, 960x494px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0099.jpg
33KB, 960x494px
>>9283914
>waiting for a proper response to this being Lolita considering Japanese fashion styles have certain criteria to meet to make them distinguishable enough to be called something besides "jfashion"

Ok that makes sense wear it to your next comm meet and I hope you have a decent life insurance policy beforehand
>>
>>9283914

are you retarded
>>
File: CzCw0ZNUkAEr3Hl.jpg (309KB, 817x1142px) Image search: [Google]
CzCw0ZNUkAEr3Hl.jpg
309KB, 817x1142px
did I read Mana's tweet right, that Moitie appeared in the November GLB? are things looking up for Moitie?

>pic unrelated
>>
File: IMG_1704.jpg (41KB, 944x531px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1704.jpg
41KB, 944x531px
>>9283914
>>
>>9283767
How would this ever be fairy kei?
Is anything in fairy kei ever black?
>>
>>9283946
haven't you ever heard of nixie kei, fairy kei's darker more mischevious cousin?
>>
File: 12091458_584a47f79c5fc.jpg (300KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
12091458_584a47f79c5fc.jpg
300KB, 500x600px
>>9283948
Is everyone here tripping? Seriously, what is going on? Is this what straya posting is like on cgl?
>>
>>9283952
>>9283948
what the fuck is going on here on this day
>>
File: IMG_0754.jpg (379KB, 1319x1722px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0754.jpg
379KB, 1319x1722px
GOOD god I wouldn't be caught dead in anything like this, I feel like I'm walking into a cage match for the two most awful things from a Lolita brand that I can say I've ever seen

"In one corner Angelic Pretty trying really hard to keep with the times, in the other corner the competition is...the latest Lolita Butler costume!--*announcer gets pulled aside, inaudible whispers* wait folks I have just received word that the Butler Outfit is ANOTHER ANGELIC PRETTY DRESS"

That's it. There goes what little understanding we all had left of agreeing what was Lolita.
>>
>>9283976
I like the classic party dress. It looks like a nice combination of the current OTT classic trend and old school. Would buy it if it weren't so goddamn expensive,
>>
>>9283980
>OTT Classic
you mean Rococo?
>>
>>9283976
I dunno man, I can see the bustier/petticoat skirt set working for a lingerie photoshoot or something if worn without a blouse.

>AP trying to pander to the larme crowd with those garters ??
>>
>>9283976
That bottom dress looks like AP tried to do Atelier Boz.
>>
>>9283765
Ugh, I really hate strapless jsks. I just don't think strapless anything is flattering on anyone
>>
>>9283767
>>9283768
>>9283976
So we're not doing the new releases thread anymore or does only AP get posted in the general?
>>
>>9283914
>>9283948
>>9284001
what the fuck is going on with this thread
who are these people

>>9283952
this
>>
>>9284047
AP is always OP of the gen
>>
>>9283768
This looks pretty cute; it's not like bustiers are a new thing, and neither are velvet x chiffon pairing.
>>
>>9284047
I liked the new release threads.
>>
>>9284063
The new releases thread is still around, but AP is above that
>>
>>9283914
Lol at people getting mad at you. AP makes lots of lolita stuff that works for fairy kei.
>>
>>9283980
I don't think you know what classic or old school is.
>>
>>9284063
With them it seems really easy to just shit up lolita gen tho. Last one was pretty harsh. There's no set topic so they just go all over the place. At least talking about a new release keeps people talking about lolita.

New release threads take a huge subject away from the gen. So what, we're just banned from talking about then here?
Not only that but new release thread was basically just an image dump with occasional comments.

Plus all the facebook groups that serve the same purpose. There aren't too many comments here that couldn't also be there.
>>
>>9284109
Pinkly Ever After never happened I guess.
>>
>>9283942
There was a small section, part of one page iirc. No Mana photoshoot
>>
>>9284130
pinkly ever after was a trashy af indie brand who made sissy-tier dresses
>>
>>9284136
I used to see lots of comments here from anons saying they missed the brand.
But whatever. It's all shit.
Lolita is shit.
Let's all talk about how much we hate this fashion. Wearing poofy dresses is dumb.
>>
Other than Misako which lolita models have insta's?
>>
>>9284140
then what's the point of being on lolita general
>>
>>9283976
I love the classic party OP, finally something more simple detail wise with a nice design.
The fairy Princess 2 piece dress is a nice idea, I wish there would be more bustiers in Lolita fashion. It would make skirts more versatile.
>>
>>9284129
I agree I sucks the life from gen, but I wish people would post more non-AP to comment on, regardless of thread.
>>
Today, I had to go into work earlier than usual and tried my hardest to take less than an hour to get my outfit on, but to no avail.
I'd say that make-up takes me the longest, but then there's the last 20 or so minutes in the mirror switching out accessories and perfecting my poof level.
Ugh, I'm slow leaving the house as it is.

how does everyone cope with how long it takes to get ready? how much time do you allow yourself when you have scheduled meets/events?
>>
>>9284219
I start getting ready as early as possible, sometimes up to three hours in advance, depending on where I'm going and what I want to wear. If I have to leave on a moment's notice I'll choose a simple OP with minimal accessories, plain OTKs and boots, do my most basic makeup routine (nothing fancy but enough to make me look presentable and cute), and it takes me about half an hour, maybe less if I hurry.
I've been wearing the fashion daily for years so I'm used to doing this and have no qualms about having "boring" coords.
>>
>>9284219
If I want to wear a full coord for like a meet or an event, usually I've already worked out all the details so it takes me maybe 45 minutes, hair and makeup included. If I have to actually figure out an outfit from scratch it takes forever though.
>>
>>9284219
I wear mostly oldschool, so I think I have it slightly easier as my wardrobe is filled with non print dresses. I have some coords that I repeat when I need to get ready quickly. Usually they are coords that are comfy and easy to wear such as jsks with generous shirring so I don't need to fiddle with zippers and just pull over my head, put on a blouse/bolero and some frilly socks. Depending on where I'm going, makeup will be eyeliner, brows and tinted lipbalm for the basics, add in bb cream if I'm going to be photographed in the next few hours. I'll pack powder for touchups if I'm going to be photographed hours later.

If its for a big meetup/con then I'll get ready at least two hours before I have to leave if I have my coord planned out. If I don't, then make it at least 3 hours. Meetup makeup consists of the basics plus light contouring, blush, lipstick, false eyelashes, contacts, and a setting spray after everything's on my face. Sometimes I wear a wig for big meetups.
>>
>>9284219
It sounds like you just need some more experience, after a while you'll know which of your petti's and accessories go with which main piece so you don't need to try anymore in the morning. I usually take 1hr to get ready incl shower and breakfast.
>>
>>9284219
I wear makeup about 2 times a month, which is almost always for jfash. If i'm doing full makeup (full makeup for me is foundation/powder, eyeliner/mascara/shadow, blush, lips, top and bottom false lashes, and lenses) it can take me 30-40 minutes to do that alone because i struggle with putting lenses in. Usually I fuss around with my coord before leaving so I allot 1-2 hours to get ready before going out in lolita
>>
Anyone score the AP USA lucky packs? They were gone in under 1 minute. I decided to go for the heavenly cross special set since I wasn't quick enough for the LPs.
>>
>>9284366
It was literally under a minute. I was clicking the final checkout button after putting in my card info when it was stolen from my cart.
>>
>>9284366
Not me. That $30 shipping though? Inside the US too? Hot damn, that is too high.
>>
>>9284366
I got one. I'm shocked because I'm rarely a winner at AP click wars. Hope something interesting is inside, but at least I shouldn't have too much trouble getting my money back if I hate both dresses.
>>
>>9284366
i think they had very limited stock online, i also lost out at the last second as i checked out.

>>9284372
congrats anon! please do a post with what you get. i was mostly interested in one out of curiosity over the contents
>>
>>9284372
Please share your contents, we are curious minds as well.
>>
File: angery.jpg (23KB, 480x477px) Image search: [Google]
angery.jpg
23KB, 480x477px
>>9284366
I had my payment and address pre-filled and was ready to finalise everything. I think I spent a total of maybe 30 seconds doing everything.

I'm upset because I was going to get one as a birthday gift to myself.
>>
>>9284376
>>9284377
Will do!

>>9284369
I'm in a neighboring state so luckily my shipping cost was under $15.
>>
>>9284379
My shipping was $22.81 plus a $2 insurance fee....
>>
>>9284384
Postage costs are more expensive the farther away you get from the origin. Since I'm not too far away I'm sure I get a cheaper shipping rate than most.
>>
Welp, apparently ap doesn't want my money because I've tried to pay for the stuff in my cart about 20 times now and it keeps saying "This transaction has been declined", but not telling me why.
>>
>>9284398
It did that to me too. I had to use a different card to check out.
>>
>>9284398
Is your shipping address different from your billing address? That could be why. If I recall correctly, your shipping and billing address have to be the same.
>>
>>9284400
yeah, I tried another card an it went through. Just sucks it would take my bank card since I had the money set aside for it.
>>
>>9284366
Some girls from the SF comm were able to get them in-store and were selling the contents. So far there was a bunch of Aquarium Carnival, Harlequinade, and I think there might have been a Dolly Dot.
>>
>>9284372
>>9284376
>>9284377
It's harlequinade and aquarium carnival
>>
>>9284194
I often wonder that myself.
>>
>>9284407
>So far there was a bunch of Aquarium Carnival, Harlequinade
Aww bummer. That's it? No non print dresses?
>>
>>9284412
Based on everyone I've spoken to, yeah
>>
>>9283768
Risa usually looks so much cuter, AP dropped the ball with the photography/editing, jfc
>>
>>9284420
I was having a flashback to j-fash pictures for ants days.
>>
>>9284219
Plan your outfit in advance! It can take me a good 90 minutes to plan and generally only half an hour to get ready once I've decided.
If I have a scheduled meet I give myself an hour to get ready (assuming I've worked out my outfit in advance) and an extra half hour for my hair if I need to do curls or a lot of heat styling.
>>
Am I the only person that likes to get ready super early before a meet or con and then get good pictures before going out?

I do this cause most people in my comm can't take photos for shit and we're all using phones to do it so they don't come out any good. I take pictures with people but I never ask for them cause I know they're gonna be shit and everyone else's are kind of awful. Like seriously, these girls have great coords but no photographic evidence of it.
>>
>>9284446
I do it because wind is so easy to fuck up a really nicely put together outfit and hairstyle.
>>
>>9284450
Right? I feel like by the time I get to a meet I look like shit.
>>
>>9284219
I pick out my outfits in advance and usually do a dry run a few days before to refine stuff like blouse options without having to do make-up and hair. I pack my bag the night before as well, so getting dressed takes me maybe 15 minutes, and if my hair's being so uncooperative that I can't style it in ten minutes or so I'll just wear a wig. I usually do my hair before make-up because what looks good with my natural hair will look terrible on me in a wig in a different colour and vice versa.

Like >>9284270 I don't wear make-up everyday so I'm pretty slow at applying it, plus my bathroom has no natural light so I keep having to go back and forth between rooms to wash my hands. It can take me 40 minutes even if I'm doing a "simple" look, since I have bad skin and need to apply a heavy base layer even if I'm keeping eyes and lips simple. The only time I'd consider not wearing full-face make-up to a meet is if it's dark and there probably won't be photos. Full-face for me is (moisturiser an hour before), (primer), salmon and green colour corrector, foundation, concealer, (eye primer), 2-4 shades of eyeshadow, 1-2 shades of pencil liner, (liquid liner), (false lashes if it's an OTT occasion), mascara, fill in brows, translucent powder, (maybe cheekbone contour for gothic), 1-2 shades of blusher, (highlighter), lipstick and/or lipgloss.

That's just over an hour in total, but I like to leave myself two hours on the morning of a meet so I can eat, drink and check the event page as well, since if I rush and get stressed my hands shake and I end up really fucking my make-up up.
>>
Sorry if this is an over-asked question, but I'm wondering what is the most you would pay for a dress? (just the dress not a set)

I always thought mine was 300, but my dream dress popped up recently and it doubled
>>
>>9284446
I always want to be this person but I always end up waking up late or losing an accessory or something on the morning of the meet so I rush out without pictures. My comm has a bad habit of taking pictures right at the end of a meet, at 5pm or something, so everything's deflated and make-up's started to wear. I wish they'd start taking them earlier, since my apartment is really ugly and dark with no plain walls so even if I do get pictures in the morning they're usually not worth posting online.
>>
>>9284457
well like this conversation always goes, what dress? Some cost more than others.
>>
>>9284369
APUSA purposely overcharges on shipping to line their own pockets
This is common knowledge
>>
>>9284457
What's your DD? Maybe it's just being scalped currently? I'm trying to collect all color ways of the End of the Immortal Eden jsk, not sure if I even have a roof on my spending.
>>
>>9284459
That sucks.

I treat it like work though. Like I'll set my alarm for 6am if I have to. That usually means I have to go into another room in my home to do my make up after I get dressed in the bathroom as to not wake my bf. Then dragging camera plus tripod and taking pictures in front my bf's star wars toys because he collects them lol. At least it makes for an interesting backdrop?

But yeah, your comm must not care about photos that much. I feel like mine doesn't either. Every now and then I run into a girl that gives a damn, but they are so rare. Aside from our elite group. But no one really gets to take photos with them and they only do big meets anyways, so all the small meets I go to, have no good photos.

I always see gulls complain about photo shoots at meets recently too?

How many of you guys don't care for taking photos and why do you not like it?
>>
File: sweetmonstercastle.jpg (477KB, 920x550px) Image search: [Google]
sweetmonstercastle.jpg
477KB, 920x550px
What is the general consensus on Royal Princess Alice quality so far, especially in comparison to AP? Is it worth brand prices?
>>
>>9284468
I am kind of shocked at how much they charge. They should at least knock it down a couple thousand yen.

That being said.. I think they get away with it because people like me love the prints. I bought Dark Night Hospital because I fucking love the print. $300 some dollars later and it's kind of taobao tier. I have a Diamond Honey dress and it's made the same way.

Now, are either of the dresses shit? no. Are they made with amazing fabric? no. They are mediocre and if you're worried about spending money, just ask yourself how badly you want to wear one.

For me, I really wanted to wear one.
>>
>>9284463
I am really uncomfortable with other people taking my picture.
I feel so awkward and ugly, with someone taking my photo in a photo shot setting. It makes me really aware and makes me feel gross.
idk maybe i'm just wierd
>>
>>9284463
Both of the girls who organize most meets have nice apartments and have usually already posted their coords online before the meet's even started. They probably don't care about non-group photos because they already have nice individual ones.

I wish there were more photoshoots at meets desu. I've tried steering the group towards taking photos earlier, but like >>9284446 my comm are shitty at taking photos anyway. There's one girl who defaults to being the photographer a lot because she has a DSLR, but she's not very good at taking flattering shots and makes girls who looked fine IRL look hideous due to bad angles.
>>
>>9284459
I feel all of this so hard lol. I am a chronically late person and something always goes wrong when I'm getting ready. Or i come up with a great new idea for my coord the morning of, try it out, hate it, and have to get changed without ruining my hair or makeup.

>>9284473
I feel this way kind of, but after practicing taking photos of myself a lot it's gotten a little better. It also has improved once I've started to feel more comfortable with my comm; I can put on a real smile instead of a fake one, or I can make a serious model face without feeling like they think I'm pretentious. I actually get more nervous taking pictures of other girls these days. I think I'll be like the photog >>9284477 mentioned and make my friends look shitty
>>
>>9284477
>There's one girl who defaults to being the photographer a lot because she has a DSLR, but she's not very good at taking flattering shots and makes girls who looked fine IRL look hideous due to bad angles.
We've got one of those too. I let her take my pictures one time. At the time I didn't know any better..

I would step up to the plate but I feel like they all really like the girl who does their photos. Plus, like you said, the really big brand whores in my comm have really nice apartments and they take nice photos of themselves and don't care about getting other people to take good pictures. Living the dream, haha.

>>9284473
You're definitely not the only one. There are lots of gulls who feel the same way from what I have seen. So you're not weird. But I always wonder about this because I always thought part of the hobby was taking pictures of yourself? Seems to be so common, but maybe that's just what I see online? There are definitely girls in my comm who don't care to take pictures and don't even participate in group shots.

At least you really love the dresses?
>>
>>9284406
>>9284407
I had been debating between the lucky pack and the rose museum special set. After hearing this, I'm glad I went with the special set.
>>
>>9284484
>We've got one of those too. I let her take my pictures one time. At the time I didn't know any better..
Haha, same. When I first moved to this area I stopped taking coord shots at home, since I figured there was a girl with a quality camera at the meet who could do it better. Took me three meets to realise that the awful pics I'd been getting back weren't just a fluke, she was just terrible at photos. I'm still salty about it because I sold two of the dresses without ever getting any decent photos. It's such an awkward situation to deal with without stepping on any toes, especially when it looks like an obvious snub to ask someone to take a cameraphone picture of you when there's a girl with a proper camera. I usually try to be tactful by saying I want a pic on my own phone to send to relatives or edit on kawaii apps and passing mine over.
>>
>>9284392
That's not how it normally works though with USPS. It's because APUSA uses priority shipping when it isn't necessary.
>>
>>9284472
Another anon here, I feel the same way. I bought Dark Night Hospital set as well and the price doesn't match with the quality. So basically we were buying for the love of the print and the brand name. But for other RPA prints, I'd wait till they are on sale in secondhand markets.
>>
>>9284482
The biggest bit of advice I have for not making people look shitty is just checking the photos after you take them. You don't need to be an amazing photographer to be able to see that someone's got their eyes closed in the first photo and looks like they've got no legs in the second, so if you take a few, then check and ask the girl "Oh, can you move your face up a bit? Your hair accessory's casting a shadow on your face." or "Oh, you've got your eyes closed in that one, I'll take another." The situations where photos have turned out most hit-and-miss has been where the comm's standard method for taking outfit shots is just lining everyone up, taking 2-3 shots of each person, then moving on to the next one. This is understandable in a meet of 20 but I've been in meets of 4-6 with DSLR girl where she's taken a few snaps of everyone without checking the pics or letting other people look at them until they're uploaded, and I think it's the main reason why hers turn out so badly. It's understandable that you might not want to keep going back and forth asking a girl if she likes the pic, since it's boring for everyone else, but it's worth checking once or twice.

Not stating the obvious about lighting or anything because I've never seen anyone try to take group shots in horrible indoor lighting at a meet.
>>
>>9284512
photography tips cont.

I'd say the most important thing for making sure you're getting flattering pics is just to make sure you've got all of their coord in. If they've got an accessory on one side of their head/body, make sure it's visible. Don't take photos from a high angle thinking it'll make their eyes bigger and chin smaller when it's actually going to just make the girl look like she has no legs, or cut off the top of her socks. Likewise, don't squat to take photos and be careful taking pics in settings where you'd end up being at a low angle, like arranging the group on stairs for a pic and taking it from the bottom. I don't think I've seen many lolita photographers crouch, but so many con photographers do it because they think it makes people look tall when actually it just results in petti peek and man jaw. Be aware of how your height relative to the girls you're photographing will affect the angle, and adjust accordingly (I know I said don't squat, but if you're 5'7" and wearing platform heels and the girl your taking pics of is 5'0", you're going to need to bend at the knees a bit to make her look nice).

Angles to get the face at it's best are hard, because people are used to seeing their face reversed in the mirror and they all have their own insecurities, so even if you think a girl looks adorable and perfect for her sweet coord in a pic, she might hate the way you've emphasised her round face (or whatever). YMMV on this but you should worry about the way the coord looks first, since if it's an awesome coord shot but a girl has a complex you didn't know about, she can always put a sticker on her face and post a selfie that's more to her tastes on the side.
>>
>>9284509
pfft. I got a ClosetChild email and saw one was listed and it was already gone. They are quite the bloodbath. I'm glad I got one brand new. Otherwise I'd be waiting forever.

>>9284513
My biggest peeve with my comm's photog is that she doesn't have a tripod. She's fairly short too. If she had a tripod, she might actually be able to take good photos.
>>
>>9284507
They use flat rate boxes, yet charge $20 to ship socks in a $6 flat rate envelope
>>
>>9284459
>My comm has a bad habit of taking pictures right at the end of a meet, at 5pm or something
My comm's done this a couple of times recently too, so stupid when we're in the northern hemisphere and it's dark by the end of a meet.
>>
I used to love so much clothes and have a huge wishlist. Now I check out brand websites, I look at secondhand sales, and I don't seem to like much at all. Even lolita and coord photos, I'm just like "meh", especially with the way the fashion is going. I mean, it's still cute but it's not like "omg my dream dress my dream dress somebody wearing my dream dress" anymore. My heart used to literally skip a beat if I saw lolitas walking around outside of a meet up. Now I don't even give a crap and I don't even acknowledge them.

Alongside this I also used to be quite active on egl and in the facebook groups (and even on cgl) but now I'm often told to keep lurking here and I have nothing to contribute on other sites.
Someone mentioned that this may be because of the market oversaturation, but I dont generally pay attention to taobao releases and such.

I'm starting to be more attracted to otome brands and a variety of 2012 AP-style clothes, but I don't know if I could ever bring myself to wear them.

Anyone else feel this way? How to get out of the slump?
>>
>>9284597
There's market oversaturation even without the Taobao deluge IMHO, since AP are releasing items a lot more frequently than they used to, and releasing stuff in larger runs so there's always huge amounts of stuff on the second-hand market.
>>
>>9284463
I don't see the point of taking pictures of all of your coords/at every meet-up. And it's so awkward and boring when half of the meet is like a photoshoot.
>>
>>9284519
If it bugs you so much then take your own damn pictures jfc.
>>
>>9284615
I mean, it looks fucking awkward for someone to get out a tripod at a cute meetup location, set it up, photograph themselves alone. You basically have to accept being the photog for the whole comm or you look rude.
>>
File: 1438197594466.jpg (222KB, 588x783px) Image search: [Google]
1438197594466.jpg
222KB, 588x783px
>>9284607
>I don't see the point of taking pictures of all of your coords/at every meet-up
why?

Not to pry but I take pics of my coords even when I don't go to meets...

so, do you really just like the dresses?
>>
>>9284615
Don't know if you've been reading the thread, but I do. I get ready early and take them before I go to the meets.
>>
>>9284607
Speak for yourself. Meetups are literally once a month, and the only time I have an opportunity to get nice photos of myself in lolita. Taking photos of yourself isn't just vain - I'm in a small comm and I wear a substyle nobody else here wears. Without an online presence, I can't connect with other lolitas with similar interests, which means I need to post photos of myself online or there's no proof I'm even a lolita.
>>
>>9284629
>there's no proof I'm even a lolita.
This is how I feel.

Chill though, I was asking people why they don't like their pictures taken. Telling them to speak for themselves doesn't help them open up at all.
>>
>>9284634
You're right, sorry for sperging.
>>
>>9284620
different anon, but I just don't care about having pictures of myself? I take a pic of most of my coords with my phone to check if everything looks okay and save it as a record, but that's really it. I've been into fashion for years (where I got the aforementioned habit), and never took selfies or asked people to take pictures of me in my old clothes. why would I suddenly start now?

frankly, I don't care if you like taking pics. that's cool! but it's not a concern of mine and I could give 2 shits if I get a nice photo of a coord or not.
>>
>>9284671
I mean, I take pictures of my coords and don't post them anywhere. Isn't that like keeping them for a record?

I think it'd be different if you were taking pictures of just the coord itself without you wearing it..
>>
>>9284700
maybe? I don't know many people who go out of their way to take good pictures and don't post them anywhere, though. not saying you are wrong, I just misunderstood what you are talking about.

personally, I'm not taking a picture so that I have "proof" I wore something (really don't understand this logic desu) or to admire it.

I just snap a quick picture to see if everything is lined up at a distance, my makeup & hair don't look wonky, etc. when I say I save it for reference, I mean I literally save it just to say "oh, I don't love those tights with that skirt" or "oh I've been wearing mint a lot lately" and then use that to inform my choices later.

it's more like when I take pics of my skin or my hair to track how they respond to products... it's not a proper selfie
>>
>>9284721
I'm keeping them to see my progression. Part of why I don't post them.
>>
File: 1478984322358.gif (621KB, 440x247px) Image search: [Google]
1478984322358.gif
621KB, 440x247px
>>9284366
Went to the in-store release, there were only about 8 packs total.

>mfw one girl still grabs 2 packs

>>9284406
Dolly dot was being sold regularly in the store, the lucky packs were literally just harlequinade and aquarium carnival. I think one person got a pack with 2 aquarium carnival in it
>>
>>9284729
okay, cool! so that's generally the same. it's nice to know I'm not alone on that front. I was mostly trying to affirm that some lolitas just don't care about getting nice pics they would want to show people, if that makes sense?

(desu I don't truly care about even my crappy phone pics. I don't always have time to get them and I don't worry about it. it's more of a good habit thing, you know?)
>>
>>9284730
>I think one person got a pack with 2 aquarium carnival in it
That place sure is a mess, huh?

>>9284734
I have a decent phone that takes alright pictures and I have good lighting in my room. makes for okay pictures that I sometimes go through and go "oh shit, why'd I wear that" and other times "ohhh, I should wear that again!" But yeah, mostly just for improvement purposes.

Not only that but showing people other than lolitas is pointless? and showing other lolitas just seems to get you chewed out in my experience.
>>
>>9283768
Looks like ero lolita to me.
>>
>>9284472
>>9284509
I think the prices are the way they are because it's Kimura U's lolita brand.
>>
>>9284739
>Not only that but showing people other than lolitas is pointless? and showing other lolitas just seems to get you chewed out in my experience.
lolwut? since when do lolitas chew you out for showing them coord shots? I might send a coord shot to a lolita friend in another comm like LOOK WHAT I WORE TODAY, or maybe if we're at a meet and someone's like "You used to only wear sweet? No way!" I can pull up a photo to show them. Obviously I'm not going round forcing people to look at pictures of me randomly, but it's not weird to show people if it comes up in conversation. Also my family and some of my weeb friends love seeing photos of me in lolita, but of course everyone's social circle is different. I used to send my grandma coord shots all the time until I realised she was showing them to literally everybody else she knew.

I don't think taking photos to post online and taking photos for yourself are mutually exclusive, either. I post maybe 10% of my coords on social media but I like having pics of all my coords so I can look back through them and feel inspired, or compare how I used to look than and now, or just to record planned coordinates. The only reason I stopped taking mirror selfies of all my coords is that I moved to a new place without a full-length mirror.
>>
>>9284763
I meant posting them online for other lolitas to see like on CoF and the like. As soon as you show off the online lolita comm, you get trashed from what I've seen.
>>
>>9284730
Were they even two different colorways of aquarium carnival?
>>
>>9284772
Only if your coords are shit, anon. I post to CoF fairly frequently and about half of them end up on the CoF threads on here. My coords are solid but boring so my coords get positive comments on CoF and usually no comments at all on cgl (also some positive comments and occasional crit on lighting/blur because I take pics with my phone and not a proper camera). I've literally never been trashed, even when I was younger and posted a lot more nitpick-tier coords.

Cgl mostly trashes people that look like a mess, and people who are posting so often and have such a strong online presence anons think they're famewhoring. Post the odd coord pic like a normal person and you'll be fine.
>>
>>9284784
>Only if your coords are shit, anon.
Yeah, but that could mean anything /cgl/. I think you're just getting lucky. I hate the cgl defense squad, honestly. Anon doesn't mean honesty. There are lots of people here who aren't even into lolita and they lurk those threads. No thanks.

That's not the only thread where people get trashed and this isn't the only site where it happens. I know people get nothing but asspats on CoF.
I'm talking about here and other sites that are just freegame for anons to rip apart whoever they seem fit. I've seen plenty of good coords get shit on. It's all subjective on top of the usual cgl bias.
>>
>>9284790
I mean, stop caring what salty anons think? If your coords are really fine, most people will just sigh and ignore the gulls going apeshit over you having two slightly different shades of pink in your coord or whatever. When I first started coming on /cgl/, I used to think hostile opinions not getting challenged meant that the board silently agreed. I now realise that it's usually because nobody wants to derail threads into arguments with a troll. Most people don't care about vendettas on here, you will honestly be okay.
>>
>>9284818
It's probably because I came here from /ck/. I was into 4chan before lolita in a way. I'm used to the way people behave here and I've met people from other boards, so it's kind of hard for me to see it as just trolling.

This is my original home. This place is the reason I own my dream dress. I'm just supposed to ignore it? I can't. Not only that but I've not been posted here. And I don't post to CoF, because I know what happens when you do.

Yes there is a lot of trolling, but some trolls are also speaking what they feel, and using their edgy opinions to get replies. It's like when people say there is truth in a joke. Sometimes there is. Sometimes there isn't.

I know to take it with a grain of salt and I'm used to the head games people play on this board and others.
Still. If you post yourself online, you are putting yourself out there to be destroyed.
>>
>>9284827

Unless you post in a certain way that attracts the trolls, you won't be 'destroyed.'

I post to IG and tumblr all the time. Hell, I've even self posted a few times to the draw thread. I've never been posted to a nitpick/ita thread, much less destroyed. The vast majority of people go under the radar.
>>
>>9284827
you... you really need to get out more, anon...
>>
>>9284841
>talk about meeting people
>you need to get out more

I do.

>>9284839
You mean you post to IG and tumblr? I do that too. Or do you mean you post to the social media threads with your IG and tumblr? because I wouldn't do that.
>>
>>9284843
well, then something is obviously not clicking because you're taking this WAY to seriously...
>>
>>9284846
So posting about it and discussing it in a thread is taking it too seriously?
Tell me, where are you getting this tone from when you read my posts?
>>
>>9284848
>This is my original home. This place is the reason I own my dream dress. I'm just supposed to ignore it? I can't. Not only that but I've not been posted here. And I don't post to CoF, because I know what happens when you do.
this sounds like a melodramatic speech at the climax of a bad teen drama. chill, it's just a website
>>
>>9284855
You waste your time here, too.
>>
>>9284859
yeah, but I'm not about to write a sonnet about how it's where I ~*belong*~
>>
File: golfclap.gif (496KB, 500x359px) Image search: [Google]
golfclap.gif
496KB, 500x359px
>>9284860
>>
>>9284782
Yeah, sax and pink.
>>
>>9284827
I take it you're not in a comm, or, if you are, you lurk and don't have many friends from it? Of all the lolitas on my Facebook (admittedly I've moved around a bit so I might have more than some people even though I don't friend people I don't know), about 30 of them post to CoF. I've not seen any of them get destroyed on here. I am not a lucky fluke. Sailing under the radar is normal.

Like, literally there is one girl who gets comments on her make-up sometimes, one who has people bitching about her hair colour, and a couple who do experimental coords that are sometimes wildly popular and sometimes get criticised. Everyone else gets positive/neutral/no comments on cgl 90% of the time. I've never seen even the badly-dressed ones get posted to an ita thread because they're not trainwrecky enough to go beyond nitpick. I have seen harsh comments happen to three friends in the past, but it was because they got caught in the crossfire of comm drama and were singled out as a vendetta (and anons in the threads immediately realised it was a vendetta because nothing in their coords justified how disproportionately mad the person bitching about them was).
>>
>>9284867
This is some cool anecdotal info. But from having lurked several threads over the years, that's not what I see. Shit, you can go look at the current thread and see people getting ripped apart. Whether their coords are good or not is subjective. And I'm not talking about the hambeasts posting. I'm talking about average looking girls getting thrown to the fucking verbal dogs. (I can't wait for another anon to lose their shit because I have a ~way~ with words).

>>9280049
>>9280292
perfect example. That coord is fine and the anon is commenting on her tits being weird. It's just general catty behavior and a bunch of bitches pretending to be the Joan Rivers of Lolita.
And let's not forget the age ol' rule of "Hey now, don't get all defensive, you're just gonna make it worse"

Sorry I don't want to participate in that? That's what this is about, remember? The fact that I refuse to post to stuff like that because I know what goes on here.
>>
>>9284873
Your anecdotal info all comes from 4chan though. People do post to CoF as a batch of stuff in one big dump, but they also specifically post stuff they think is more interesting and want to target. There have been times when it seemed like everything that went on CoF ended up here, but the pace of posts is such now that most stuff on CoF never ends up here. You're only seeing what people have chosen to post then concluding that posting on CoF guarantees people attacking you, when actually most pics posted on CoF never even make it to 4chan.

Overall, you sound really sensitive and I can respect your decision not to post to CoF because of the risk of stuff ending up here, but honestly one or two people saying my tits are weird or something is not going to ruin my day.
>>
>>9284881
So... that was you?

Anyway. It was anecdotal for you because you were relating it as a personal experience. I was trying at least, to just talk about how CoF threads in the past were handled and how they are still handled.
I'm glad you can handle comments about your tits being weird, but I'm dead tired of seeing shit like that. And I'm even more tired of the cgl defense squad that you seem to be apart of.

Not only that but, I've posted in the past, where I posted everything that was posted to CoF usually to just get the thread back on topic because anons love to stray beyond talking about the clothing. Posting more on topic pictures, kills that until it starts up again. Hence another dump takes place.

It's not so much that I'm sensitive is that it's annoying that if I did decide to post, and some asshat had something to say, I couldn't respond without being called a bitch and shouted down into oblivion. I've seen it happen to so many other anons. And yes, I guess that's anecdotal, but you can find that stuff in the archives. There's proof of it happening.

Trolling or not. This place lacks freedom of speech. It's more of a mobrule type place.
>>
>>9284886
They were saying if, for example, someone said their tits were weird it wouldn't bother them. They weren't literally saying the photo was them.

I would like to know why you come here so much if you don't seem to like the climate here. Wouldn't it be easier to to just go elsewhere to talk about lolita?
>>
>>9284891
>Wouldn't it be easier to to just go elsewhere to talk about lolita?
No, because I have the 4chin mentality. I've tried some other places but everyone is just so... normal. that's the only way I can describe it. Not only that but they can't take a joke. Then again, neither can people here sometimes.

Also, I don't know why you all think I spend 24/7 here. I don't? I'm kind of snowed in at the moment so yeah, I have lots of time to respond.
But I also have a job and a boyfriend and life outside of 4chan. Plus I visit other boards too.

Like I said, I come from /ck/. They have a way better sense of humor. When I get extremely tired of gulls, I just go there.

sage for OT.
>>
>>9284827
>romanticizing the hoard of empty souls that is 4chan

>>9284845
it's just down for a bit. it'll be back up within a few hours. Cloudflare sites always have issues, probably can't handle high traffic? I dunno. Where's comp.sci-lita anon?
>>
>>9284904
I've been trying to use it for a week now and every time I go to look up a dress, it doesn't load.
>>
>>9284818
>>9284790
What bothers me is how anons here won't even comment on my coord, just my appearance. I'm pretty average looking and a bit older and so I've gotten quite a few comments about how my face looks or that my smile is bad. Sorry I'm not cute, I do the best I can with different makeup and wig looks. It doesn't really bother me but it's disappointing i can't get any real anon feedback on coords without self posting
>>
>>9284936
Try covering your face or using a filter/beautycam, plenty of uglies do it
>>
>>9284179
rinrindoll: rinrindoll
minori: monori00mon
CEO for Atelier Pierrot: ashizawayuko
Mitzuki La Foret staff: rosemarie_kiuchi

These are a few I follow although not all are solo lolita blogs.
>>
>>9284936
There's no real feedback to get here. Like I said, a lot of people here aren't really into the fashion, or are just trolling and there are people here who will tell you something in hopes you actually take their advice and end up doing something stupid.
>>
>>9284952
This! I don't take half of the shit here for consideration since much of the commenters are not in the fashion. This is why I stick to the inspiration thread and the CoF threads. They give me a idea of what to try next and look for. I prefer the CoF thread because it's easier to see what's been posted there then scrolling the Facebook page.
>>
>>9284960
When I'm tired of bickering, I will just look at coords in the draw threads because that's the only OC this board has left. Sad.
>>
>>9284620
Yes, I just really like the fashion. I generally don't have my picture taken unless it's a special occasion or my friends want to do a group picture, so I do have pics of myself in lolita on fb. But I don't see the point of the photoshoots at every meet.
>>
>>9284468
Glorious Bittersweet
>>
>>9284873

The comments you linked don't sound that catty to me, and I'm someone who's been posted from CoF here with someone saying my legs looked like hams in nets. It's really not a big deal, and if that was someone's first impression of my coordinate, all the more power to them lol. Have you never seen someone in real life and thought there was some distracting feature about them?

If you don't want to post on CoF, you do you, but it sounds like you'd like to and you've just got this weird moral issue with the possibility of being posted on cgl.
>>
>>9284468

No clue on consensus, but personally I think their prints are photogenic as fuck, but quality-wise they're on par with nicer taobao dresses. Not worth the price.
>>
Please /cgl/ I need help. So I'm transgender, and into lolita fashion, and by god is it hard to prove to people that this isn't a fetish.

I've come out to my mum and she is extremely accepting, however she is also very protective, especially in what I wear. eg nothing poofy, nothing that is really overtly feminine despite what I want.

how do I tell her that I like to wear cute dresses? and how do I convince her that this isn't a fetish?
Also did anyone else experience conflict with their family due to the fashion?
>>
>>9285097
there's nothing wrong with being a gender nonconforming male, the sooner you accept that the happier you will be
sage for dumb shit that should go in the feels thread
>>
>>9285097
Does she think the fashion itself is a fetish? Or does she suspect you're into it for some sexual kick because you're trans? Not trying to offend you, just trying to understand the situation.
I'm not quite sure how to help if it's the latter since I'm not trans but if it's the former there are plenty of ways to show your mother what lolita is about.
I like taking the video route, personally: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wV5FAkyAg_M This one is a little outdated but still very on point.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwnmGod0OqM&t=40s A newer video that's also pretty good and dispels the "is lolita fashion based on Nabokov?" question right off the bat.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zV3OtzUwcPg This one is one of my favorites, it shows quite a few girls from the Netherlands (and other European comms) and their experiences with the fashion.
>>
gulls, how do you decide what dress to wear to really big events? The newest print you own? The most expensive? Rarest? Something else?
>>
>>9285111
Most big events have a theme so I go with that
>>
>>9285105
hey thank you so much for all the info, I'll be sure to use these in my talking points.

I don't think she will like it because she will think I'm getting a sexual kick out of it, which is probably due to my situation with my dad... who I think is a fetisist.
>>
I've noticed since a while ago that a lot of brand on lacemarket is way more expensive than it is on japanese secondhand site's, why is that? Especially with Moitie, secondhand mainpieces are frequently twice as much as in Jpn.
>>
>>9285224
Yeah, it is. People trying to make profit or covering for shipping they paid.
>>
>>9285224
>>9285230
It's also a supply & demand thing. It's easier for japanese Lolitas to buy brand, so used brand is worth less to them. You can sell brand for more on the Western market because it's less easy to come by (and yes, typically costs more due to shipping, SS fees, etc)
>>
>>9285224
Pretty much the same way as how your country's product will cost much more in Asia, assuming you're from western countries.
>>
Moderate lolita dresses look better than those insane ones with 8 pounds of laces.

But the moderate dresses are always so short, half my butt looks out underneath the skirt.

I should stop buying stuff on ebay.
>>
>>9285262
>buying stuff on ebay
There's your problem.
>>
>>9285262
I can't tell if you're new or just bad at English
>>
>>9285268
Both.
Thank you.

>>9285264
I know, I'll stop now.
>>
>>9285230
>>9285238
>>9285260
I live in Europe so I have to pay for shipping and customs too, but there are OPs that are around 100-200$ on y!auctions and fril that are 400-500$ on lacemarket. That just seems absurd.
>>
>>9284933
it's back up for me now. how is it for you?

>>9284960
CoF FB tip: on the right hand sidebar you will see a small grid of recent group photos. click the "see more" or "more" link and you'll be in an album of all posts. I absolutely prefer that, because you can get the photos in fullscreen mode and use the arrow keys to go through.
>>
>>9285111
I choose between the ones I can make the fanciest, and feel more like a wealthy royal in. the main piece itself doesn't have to be the most expensive, as long as it is top quality and I can style it expensively.
>>
>>9285262
Dude go buy a real dress
>>
>>9285224
A lot of western lolitas don't know how to buy off japanese sites and don't bother to learn/look at them, so the "going price" on LM is totally separate from the "going price" elsewhere
>>
>>9285224
I buy both from Japanese secondhand sites and LM and would cite the price difference as resulting from:

-overall lower availability of lolita items outside of Japan
-sellers pricing with international shipping costs and fees in mind
-different considerations of how damage affects item prices (especially when thinking about the previous two notes)

For me I don't mind paying a bit more on LM when it's domestic, since I'll get the item a hell of a lot faster than with ordering from Japan with an ss.
>>
>>9285332
>it's back up for me now. how is it for you?
It works! I seriously had not seen it all week. Huh.
>>
>>9285084
Not that other anon but

I have been outed on here. People went out of their way to look up my information based on something I said in a post.
Does that sound harmless to you, really? Posting on CoF is one thing, but I come here to be anonymous. Not to get outed because someone doesn't like what I'm saying.

This place isn't the safe haven you make it out to be. There's a lot more going on then just catty comments.
>>
>>9283940
>Ok that makes sense wear it to your next comm meet and I hope you have a decent life insurance policy beforehand
And then other anons talk about how this place isn't abhorrent and catty. This is one of the cattiest things I've seen here.

Also completely untrue. Unless your comm is filled with dumb assholes.

Like gee, do you have a cardcaptor firmly planted up yer arse?
>>
I became weirdly interested about that one r9k story about that sweet lolita called "Baby" who's so sweet and darling but has a dark side to her ("accidentally" killed two girls). Ever since I aspire to be like that even more.
I look young,am said to be cute,babyfaced for my age,fluffy haired,... and dress in sweet lolita every single day or wear cute fluffy roomwear. I study at home so i don't get into any trouble ever since i finished high school. I am soft spoken and stays calm even if insulted but I would probably maul anyone damaging my brand. In high school I actually violently attacked a girl's face (with my nails,just like baby) who got chalk powder on purpose on one of my 3 only dresses i had back then.
i made my room look even fluffier and cuter,...And also bought a cute hello kitty knife i keep in a drawer "just in case".
I might sound edgy and unstable but living such a lifestyle makes me happy.
>>
>>9285472
You're not edgy and unstable, you're just a cringy edgelord. Nobody gives a shirt, duck off.
>>
File: wof gif yo.gif (496KB, 130x93px) Image search: [Google]
wof gif yo.gif
496KB, 130x93px
>>9285484
>duck off
>>
>>9285442
>Posts identifying info on 4chan
>Surprised when someone can link you to your code post

Did you get doxxed? Or did you just not want anyone in your comm to know that you visit /cgl/? Those are two different things entirely.
>>
>>9285484
>>9285494

>nobody gives a shirt
>>
>>9285509
What is the point of being anon if people are going to out you? Shouldn't I be able to post here without that happening? The people who outed me got deleted and banned, but still.

I don't care if my comm knows I go here, they do now. The mods were fine with it and were mostly worried that someone here was gonna scare me away. The person who harassed me made threats and said they would treat me like shit at a meet. (They were lying and are not even in my comm and pretended to be in my comm a few times afterwards and tried to target other members as well)

I wasn't surprised. I just think it's uncalled for.
Like I said, the cgl defense squad is pretty lame for defending such behavior. It's in the rules not to do that. And yet you guys look the other way every time under the guise of "you deserve it because you posted". I'm not the only person that this has happened to.
>>
>>9285535
There are conflicting arguments going on here.

The other anon was arguing that they shouldn't be shouted down when they out themselves to defend negative comments about their coord. Your case is different in that someone outed you.

I don't pretend to defend /cgl/ as great, and I fully supported the ban of lolcow threads. But saying that you won't even post on /cgl/ for fear someone will say something mean like that other anon is kind of funny.
>>
>>9285552
>The other anon was arguing that they shouldn't be shouted down when they out themselves to defend negative comments about their coord
I don't think that's what they were saying at all?

They were talking about how they don't want to post on things like CoF because it will get posted here. They also mention other sites.
I agree with them that, if you post your photo online, you are putting yourself at the mercy of others online. They were saying they didn't want to do that.

But then >>9284839
says
>Unless you post in a certain way that attracts the trolls, you won't be 'destroyed.'
What did they mean by this? How does one post in a certain way to attract trolls?
I just posted an open ended question and all of a sudden it was post everything they could possibly find about me. I don't think I was trying to attract trolls. More like people just lurk here waiting for someone they can jump on. Which is what the other anon was talking about as well.

There are a lot of people here who just want to shit on others. Look at the social media thread.
>>9283495
>>9283650
>>9284054
>>9284058
>>9284076
>>9284131
>>9284151
>>9284191
>>9284451
This right here is a good example of people here just wanting to shit on others and shooting down OC.

we could have OC. But instead people want to ruin it.
>>
>>9285566
Those posts you linked are terrible examples, the post is exactly what people mean by "posting in a way that attracts trolls". Who the fuck goes an an anonymous board and asks if randos want to see them? If you do that and actually expect people to respond with "YES PLEASE POST YOURSELF, WE ALL WANT TO SEE YOU", you're delusional.
>>
>>9285584
It's a social media thread. They have been trolled to death in the past. They still are. I guess it's better that person didn't post?
But I would've liked to have seen it.

Still, someone else was waiting to post it in the cringe thread.

No. my point still stands. We could have OC and you guys don't want it.
>>
File: 1479847332082.jpg (40KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1479847332082.jpg
40KB, 480x360px
What's a good place to keep up on recent releases, and look at cute coords with minimal shitposting?
>>
>>9285752
Http://www.Pokemon.com
>>
>>9285752
probably just facebook groups. But they're just the other extreme of this place. Like here you'll get nothing but shitposting, and there you'll get nothing but asspats.

There's no happy middle to be had which is why I'm always pissed.
>>
Is anybody doing wardrobe month next month? Or is that tradition finally dead?
>>
>>9285906
I guess I'll try since I've actually got a wardrobe to post about this year.
>>
>>9285906
every year i want to do this but it would take far too long to iron and photograph everything.

i felt like posts from last year got so few comments compared to previous years.
>>
>>9285916
Same here. I love when people just post candid shots of their wardrobes - seems like people do it more often instead of leaving it as a tradition.
>>
>>9285932
just get a steamer, it's easier and works better as far as I can tell.
>>
>>9285906

I'm actually starting to do it now. Who knows if I'll finish before January though.

Looking at wardrobe posts for me is like a visual version of ASMR. I hope to contribute back. My aim would be high quality photos with good detail pictures.
>>
>>9285285

Huh. It's actually the European anon lolitas who said that sometimes a $300 would end up costing near $600 after customs. So Europeans are targeting other Europeans when they sell, because within Europe you only need to pay local shipping and don't need to go through customs again. I guess it might differ depending on which European country you're from, though.
>>
>>9285906
Would it be weird to do a wardrobe post on amino? I don't really use LJ and doing it on FB feels showoffy
>>
>>9285906
I might do a wardrobe video. I've always wanted to do so but never got around to actually doing it.
>>
>>9285472
please seek help

>>9285484
well she did say she was edgy
>>
>>9285906
I always do it on my blog and Tumblr.
>>
>>9285442

...outed you by telling people you're gay? Or outed you as going on cgl?

My point isn't that cgl, or 4chan in general, is harmless. Even people who don't use 4chan know that's not true. But the other user was talking about just people saying innocuous shit that isn't going to affect real life.
>>
>>9285947
This is true within the EU, however only if you don't mark down your parcel to something around 20-25 euro. So EU buyers usually use a SS or forwarding service because shops don't remove tags and mark stuff down. I learned this the hard way when I had to pay 80 euro tax for a bodyline jsk and cutsew back when bodyline was still cheap.
>>
>>9285906
I'm not doing one for the first time in a while because my wardrobe actually became smaller. I hope most people do them on livejournal though, the format is much better for a wardrobe post than tumblr or facebook. Actually I don't see any reason to do it on tumblr or fb other than that you'll get likes/followers.
>>
>>9285932
I take a picture whenever I get something new, so at the end of the year I just have to edit my pictures a little bit and upload them, it's easy less time consuming.

For some reason I don't like when they make a coord of every main piece. My favourite wardrobe posts are when you put main pieces with similar colours/theme/print together.
>>
>>9285947
She must have paid an arm and leg for shipping though. In my country they tax everything below 150€ and over 21€ with 24% of the value and everything over 150€ gets an additional 15% charge on the top of that. Shipping cost is added on the value of the item which can quickly rise the charge. We are lucky and don't have handling fees but I guess they can be pretty absurd too.
>>
>>9286100
I thought using Amino too. It's a bit like LJ anyways so why not.
>>
>>9286210

iirc, there were also stories of customs agents looking up the prices of things online and then threatening to file charges against the lolitas as well, so it's possible even with SS or forwarding services some girls in the stricter countries still have issues with customs charges. Then again, since it's anon stories on 4chan, I guess it's difficult to verify how true it is.

>>9286223

Yeah, they did say the shipping added to the cost.
>>
>>9286226
Isn't amino only for mobile? It seems like a waste to spend time taking HQ pictures if they're only going to be viewed on small screens.
>>
>>9286186
Outed me as they posted my face and I couldn't be anonymous anymore. Broke the rules.

I just want to be anon. I want everyone to be anon. Can't even have that tho.
>>
>>9286284
I do live in one of the stricter country's, but if it's marked below 22 euro you're surely fine, unless: it's a really huge package and your SS filled in the form like ''4 new dresses, 1 coat, 5 necklaces, 3 new blouses, 1 pair of shoes''. Then they'll open the package and make a guess of how much it's worth (I suppose they might look it up online). They'll charge you for that 'service' and if you have to pay customs you also have to pay a handling fee to the post office. But none of that would happen if your parcel wasn't so suspicious so I always ask my SS to mark it as secondhand or gift and remove the tags, and she doesnt write everything on the form that's in it. So it's still cheaper for us to buy from Japan (if you're buying secondhand) and just have it marked down, even with shipping and the SS fee.
>>
I heard that the girl that won the coordinate contest at the AP anniversary party wasn't wearing legwear.
>>
>>9286335
Isn't it too cold to be doing shit like that?
>>
>>9286335
She might've had nude or sheer tights. But she shouldn't have won. Her wig was impressive. Her entire outfit was not.
>>
>>9286335
>>9286352
are there any tea party photos up? where should i check?
>>
>>9286352
I saw her when she was on the stage after she won, didn't look like any legwear
>>
>>9284366
how much did you pay for the heavenly cross special set?
>>
>>9286356
I saw her up close, definitely no legwear
>>
>>9286335
Never would have happened if Misako was there
>>
>>9286335
It was pretty lackluster. Not impressed.
>>
>>9286311
EU gull here as well, where I live marking as gift or secondhand additionally to removing tags and marking down isn't a guarantee that costums won't hit you. They still might catch your package and you need to got to the custom office bringing all your recipts with you. It's no fun.
>>
>>9286366
That really sucks for you. It's not that customs don't hit you here if you mark it down below 22, it's that you don't have to pay customs for that at all. I thought the limit was around 20-25 euro in all EU country's.
>>
>>9286366
>>9286311
This sounds so bad. I mean, I have to provide proof too but I can/have to do it online and they don't made assumptions nor charge handling fees. The only base for fees is the receipt you provide to them and they never question it.
>>
File: IMG_4682.jpg (207KB, 290x387px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4682.jpg
207KB, 290x387px
How long can a main piece be? When does it stop being lolita and if pic related isn't lolita, what is it?
>>
>>9286375
This limit is in my country as well, they just never beleive it (unless it's from China, they always think shit is cheap if it's china). I always ask to mark it below 25 euro, but I always have to get it from my customs office anyway and they always want to see a receipt. Thank god they don't question it whenever they get the shipping invoice.
>>
>>9286357
I didn't get the set but it was $120
>>
>>9286410
thats crazy cheap! wow. I wonder shy it was so much cheaper than the others?
>>
Does ETC sell things in their physical shop that never make it to their webshop? Asking because of this skirt https://item.fril.jp/0a4267e5d4f95f8ab50d6880a692aae4. The webshop only has JSKs of this print (which are still available)
>>
How often is Hello Kitty stuff actually incorporated into a coord that I always see HK shit for sale in the west?
>>
>>9285097
if she is accepting to you as trans maybe explain to her that the way to feel comfortable as a woman is that you need to be overtly feminine, because it makes you feel more like yourself. i also suggest taking it slow as you start to get into it, start by wearing regular girls clothes of course and work in lighter colours, cute printed shirts with jeans, or a tasteful floral dress? it takes time for any parent to accept that their child is different but baby steps i promise it get easier
>>
>>9286396
Tea length dresses can be lolita, plenty of brands have released them. They work best coorded classically or OTT I think.
VM stuff like that could also be styled more EGA too.
>>
>>9285101
cause being a tumblr nonbinary fairy is better than being a respectable trans person
>>
>>9286557
isn't that skirt too long for tea lenght?
>>
>>9286547
its always for sale cause no one wears it. grandma just wont stop buying the "cute japanese thing" because she supports and loves u, and you dont have the heart to tell her to stop
>>
>>9285359
Remember also re: lower availability, most Japanese lolitas have access to way more than western lolitas buying with a SS from Japan. Closet Child and other second-hand sellers only put a fraction of their physical stock online.
>>
>>9285906
I'm doing it for the first time this year.
I haven't started yet but I'm stoked!!

I love this tradition.
>>
>>9286396
I would say this is a skirt more suitable for EGA.
the length would certainly work for lolita, but the skirt shape isn't right. Lolita skirts must have a much larger hem circumference-to-waist ratio and be able to accommodate an A-line or bell petti.
the shape in the image looks nice, like the lovechild of a mermaid and a balloon skirts--not good for lolita tho imo
>>
>>9285906
I want to but last year took me 20 hours for so little recognition, and my wardrobe is much bigger this year than it was then. Honestly considering using worn pics instead if it wasn't considered narcissistic, since I don't have a mannequin and the lighting and layout in my apartment is terrible for photographing stuff on the bed.

>>9285752
Tumblr set to not show the text of posts.
>>
>>9286636
This is such a cute explanation and lots better than thinking it's just because of itas misunderstanding what lolita is, thanks anon.
>>
>>9286558
I said a gender nonconforming male. that's not tumblr at all
that just means you are male (born with a penis) and do "girly" things like wear makeup. or like a flamboyant gay man
man = adult human male therefore if you were born with a penis you can't be a woman
>>
>>9286460
I can't help but wonder if it was an error. I don't recall an AP special set ever being that cheap.
>>
>>9286688
Is using worn pics narcissistic? I feel like this would be a really cute idea.
>>
>>9286694
it comes from personal experience, i luv u gramma
>>
>>9286698
found the terf lol
>>
>>9286984
go back to tumblr, fag
>>
>>9286859
I was thinking about this but then I realized, why post all your coords that you have all at once? Then what else are you going to post? Unless you don't care about making coord posts or you get new stuff so often that it wouldn't matter?
>>
>>9287057
tumblrs where the terfs hang out tho why would i wanna be there with u
>>
>>9285230
This is one of my biggest pet peeves in secondhand sales. I hate it when people try to sell stuff for an inflated price because they accidentally paid too much in SS fees. That's not the value of the item so don't sell it for that much.
>>
>>9286547
literally never
>>
who psycho lolita here?
>>
>>9286397
You're lucky, then. I had cutoms google my shit, so they didn't believe my 50 € invoice for a second hand tea time nostalgia. Thank god they only found the original price, not the marked up second hand prices. Since then I'm not faking my PP invoices anymore, cause I'm scared they will bust me. I'm really unlucky with customs, too, as every single package gets stuck there, even if it's just a small order around 40€ (China, Japan, US, they don't care)...

Fun fact, there's a cute girl working in my customs office, who actually knows lolita fashion and is always really nice when I have to pick up my packages.
>>
>>9286822
thats what I was thinking! I bought it and had to do a double take. which is why I wanted to ask
>>
>>9287601
Just curious, how in the world did they know the name of the dress to google it? I assume it was on the invoice, but maybe in the future you could ask the seller to just note "secondhand clothing" on invoices?
>>
>>9287605
I honestly have no idea, there was no invoice as I bought it on lacemarket and the custom slip said "secondhand dress". Maybe I've missed something, but I really don't know...this was over two years ago, though.They shipped it to different locations in my country and different offices, too, and even called me to tell me "we know it's worth more!". Scared the shit out of me.
>>
>>9287763
What the fuck. Maybe someone working there happened to be a lolita too and they were jelly. That sucks anon. And is totally terrifying.
>>
>>9285906
What kind of setup and cameras are people using? I have a dark wardrobe that is hard to photograph
>>
>>9286410
wait. a AP special set was $120. wth. when? Thats unreal.
>>
>>9287769
>>9287602
>>9286822
i wonder if they discounted it to appease tea party goers who were upset about maki cancelling?
>>
Print-wise, what's the difference of pleated and gathered dresses? I tend to see a lot of girls complaining about gathered dresses with Jetj-like prints. Is there a reason behind that?
>>
File: pleats vs gather.jpg (778KB, 3994x1994px) Image search: [Google]
pleats vs gather.jpg
778KB, 3994x1994px
>>9287838

It's actually the other way around, pleats have much more the potential to ruin a print, because parts of it will be hidden in the folds. Gathers don't cause such problems unless unless your petti does not have enough poof.

Also see pic, pleats on the left and gathers on the right.
>>
>>9287786
But wouldn't they have marked down the rosette and rose museum special set too? I wonder if it was a website/coding error that had the incorrect price. Anyone buy it in store for $120?

I guess we'll find out when it hits the japan site. If the price is comparable.
>>
>>9287858
Bought it in store. Just checked my receipt and got charged $125. I did see that it said $120 on the tags before I was rung up though.
>>
>>9287864
there IS sales tax in california... you have to pay it for everything except food. just so you know.
>>
>>9287864
I guess that was just the price then. How is the quality on the dress?
>>
>>9287864
yea $120 is insanely cheap for a new AP special set. I wish I bought it! what a great price. its pretty also.
>>
>>9287890
I was charged $125 before sales tax and bag fee.
>>
>>9287898
The dress is pretty amazing in person. The shirring is super stretchy and more forgiving compared to most AP I own. The head bow is also nice and not overwhelming. Definitely worth more than the list price.
>>
>>9287856
Ohh I see it! Thanks a bunch!
>>
>>9286512
I want to know this too, anyone?
>>
Isn't there a Japanese or Chinese equivalent to lolibrary? One that works?
>>
>>9287948
PM Lolibrary on FB.
>>
>>9287767
I use a white bedsheet on my floor with all my blinds open and my lights on. I take photos standing on a stool over the dress, being careful to be in a position that won't cast any shadows on the dress. Then I edit all my photos in Photoshop.
>>
>>9288047
Forgot to mention, I use a DSLR to take pictures. Also I try to include detail shots with each dress.
>>
>>9287948
I've always wondered this, since CC and Wunderwelt employees seem to be pretty good at IDing stuff. I wonder if they have their own internal database, or just very knowledgeable staff.
>>
>>9286186
>My point isn't that cgl, or 4chan in general, is harmless

Honestly, for 4chan to be truly dangerous, you have to be both a huge retard and an insufferable person.

I was literally doxxed on /b/ - they had my address, phone number, parents names/phones numbers, my FB, even had some folks find really old social media accounts from like, Myspace. I'm fine. Nothing happened but a boatload of annoying phone calls for a few days, blatantly obviously empty death threats, and people trying to send pizzas to my house.

Hell, a whiteknight literally paid for a pizza to be sent to me. Ended up being a decent night. The worst thing 4chan can be for your average person is annoying.
>>
>>9287948
To be honest I see a lot of Chinese and Japanese sellers reference/post lolibrary in their sales.
>>
File: raffle.jpg (2MB, 3344x2508px) Image search: [Google]
raffle.jpg
2MB, 3344x2508px
Does anyone know what happened with the two wrapping cherry phone cases that were supposed to be in the raffle at the AP SF party?
>>
>>9288097
Really? Only seen it a couple of times and just assumed the seller was a Western lolita living in Japan.
>>
>>9288092
Oh anon, I know that feel; I was also doxxed on /b/ a couple of years ago, too. Nothing happened, but they also didn't get my address or phone number, just where I worked and went to school. I had some spergs follow me around and tease me for like two days, but that's it. However, I can see someone getting hurt from that. If an obsessive person lives close enough and gets that info, it doesn't matter if the person is insufferable or not, they can do something harmful to them.
>>
>>9288259
I overheard another girl talking about that after the party. Apparently she'd asked a staff member about that and the staff member was like "I can't tell you that". Why is AP SF suddenly so sketch?
>>
>>9288282
I mean someone could get hurt online no matter what website they're visiting. People on 4chan just like to scare others. There are very few cases where 4chan actually ruined peoples' lives, and even fewer where people were physically harmed. Most of the time, when 4chan comes in and collectively ruins someone's life, the person more than deserved it. Like that guy who abused Dusty the kitten,
>>
>>9288319
kinda sounds like you're defending doxxing

anyway, anon isn't a group of carbon copies. just like in any population you're going to have some fraction of dangerous weirdos. 4chan is great when everyone's anon, but as humans we are also very susceptible to mob mentality.

if you wouldn't tell a local stranger your number and address, why would you shrug off an instance in which your info was revealed to sperglords&sociopaths from around the world, to potentially save and use whenever?

nothing is safe or harmless, not even 4chan.
>>
I have a q but I'm not sure if to post it here or the buy/sell thread oh well.

So I sold my JSK to a girl on a payment plan and asked for a 30% nonrefundable deposit. We're friends of friends so it's not like we're total strangers but it's been two months and she still hasn't sent the rest of the payment. I've messaged her several times and she keeps saying she'll send it the next day but she never does. I finally put my foot down and gave her a deadline of the end of this week otherwise I'm relisting it. Should I really wait until then or should I just relist it now?
>>
>>9288361
Keep your word but don't give her any more chances after that
>>
>>9288361
If you've told her the end of this week, stick to your word even if she won't stick to hers.
>>
>>9288259
I didn't even realize they didn't announce those prizes until you mentioned it. Did someone steal them?
>>
>>9288381
man ap sf sounds so shady right now. did we ever find out why maki cancelled?
>>
>>9288313
>>9288408
I think AP SF has always been pretty shady. The store owner isn't particularly popular, even within the community.
>>
>>9288426
Lynda has had drama for years.
Look up Cosplay Oneesan and Starry Candy Box (her business ventures before AP USA) on getoffegl.
>>
>>9288381
I was sitting pretty far from the prize table, so I'm not sure when they were removed. Eventually, they just said that all the prizes have been given out.
>>
>>9286100
Don't host the files on amino though, it'll destroy the quality.
>>
>>9288361
I agree with everyone else - stick to your word and give her until the end of this week and just go through with what you said. If she bitches, remind her that you given her far more than ample time to pay you - two months is way longer than most people would let a payment plan go on. If she gives you another sob story keep your foot down and don't give in. I hope everything works out anon.
>>
File: mommyimpsycho.png (39KB, 538x427px) Image search: [Google]
mommyimpsycho.png
39KB, 538x427px
>>9287593
>>
>>9288426
Which one of the staff even is Lynda. I've interacted with a lot of the AP SF staff but idk what she even looks like.
>>
>>9288630
She's mtf and wears a shirt, dress, and flats.
>>
>>9288610
She should read some of Takemoto's sort stories
>>
>>9285906
I want to, but this weather is doing me in. At 1pm today it looked like twilight outside, because it was a cloudy day. I know from past experience that I need natural light to get my wardrobe to show up well, but this weather is the absolute worst for it.
>>
>>9288610
kek, exactly what i wanted for an answer ilu anon
>>
So this is my first time purchasing anything on Lacemarket, I have my ebay feedback linked on profile so it doesn't look like I'm a flake lol

I found my dream dress up for a BIN Sunday so I jumped on it, its now Wednesday and I still have not received an invoice or anything. The seller has 8-0 feedback, with only one comment saying slow communication..

I decided to finally send a message, just in case, I didn't want to appear rushed or anything though, just haven't heard anything.. but if for some reason after a week they have dropped from the planet, do I leave negative feedback?
>>
>>9289043
Yes
>>
>>9289043
Message the mods first in case she throws a fit
>>
>>9289043
Don't be so strict, sometimes the email notification doesn't work, also if she is busy during the week she might forgot to check LM. Wait at least a full week
>>
so I got my special set in from AP USA and there is not tags on the dress or KC? Has anyone has tags missing from a purchase there before? wtf. I am not happy....I want to contact them, but I feel like they will just blow me off any not care :C
>>
>>9289261
i get it, i like tags too, but is it really worth calling about? if you want something to remember your purchase by--well, you have the set itself.
>>
>>9288426
>>9288439
Is there any brand reseller/lolita shop in the USA that isn't shady? I feel we haven't had one that hasn't had some level of shadiness.
>>
>>9289270
But why didnt they send it with tags. Its new from the store. Is that normal?
>>
>>9289278
what are you worried about exactly?
>>
So I fell out of the saddle and sold most of my stuff a while back, but now I want to get back into the saddle now that things are steady again.

I'm 27 now. Is it too late.
>>
>>9289286
it's never too late. and anyway, age doesn't matter as much as how you look.
>>
>>9289286
Someone should have told you the first time that lolita is for adults.
>>
>>9288610
Well, they sure as hell take me seriously when they're tied up with a rusty gardening tool under their neck in my cabin in the woods.
>>
>>9289286
29 and still a lolita, a pastel vomit sweet lolita.
>>
>>9289292
Hmm. Well, no one complains. I never even went that heavy on makeup or hair, since my natural hair is gorgeous.

>>9289295
>>9289304
Thank you for the encouragement! I will reobtain my old vampire requiem JSK.
>>
What do you consider a "basic bitch" in lolita?
>>
>>9289325
Someone who wears Holy Lantern, bonus points for Holy Lantern with bat headdress.
>>
>>9289325
When they integrate normie basic bitch things into their coord like normie designer bags that don't really match or things like flower crowns and the trendy drag style makeup
>>
>>9289325
somebody who only owns flavor of the month prints for the sake of joining the bandwagon

the kind of person who only has a few main pieces (think 5 or less) but acts like some kind of old lifestyle lolita sage

somebody whose coordinates all look the same
>>
>>9289325
>owns Bodyline's chocoberry and/or Squirrel party
>white blouse +white socks with every coord
>star clips
>gold shoes
>shoehorned flower crown
>those classic lolita wallmart shoes

Nothing against those things though, I'm totally guilty of a few of those things myself.
>>
>>9289325
Soccermom-chan
>>
File: eseter.png (28KB, 461x405px) Image search: [Google]
eseter.png
28KB, 461x405px
You bitches need to learn how to bid. This still has six fucking days left and you're bidding on it? Really? You're just bumping the price up. Retards. Don't bid on shit until like an hour before the listing goes down. Why are lolitas so bad at bidding?
>>
>>9289407
i mean... it's also tinkertale and she's kind of a tard if you haven't noticed already
>>
>>9289410
I have no idea who that is I just think its dumb that every time I see someone post something with a low starting bid people fucking bid on it 6 days before it's supposed to end.
>>
>>9289407
Because people who put the super low bids are smart enough to make a secondary account to bid the items up
>>
File: 1460134782532.jpg (205KB, 364x491px) Image search: [Google]
1460134782532.jpg
205KB, 364x491px
So I'm seeing my friend over the holidays in Japan. During one of the days I'm there, my friend wants to dress up in lolita and be the little girl in Tokyo. My friend has always wanted to meet with Misako Aoki in person. Should I allow my friend to borrow my lolita clothes for this? I'll be with my friend when this occurs.
>>
>>9289489
>be the little girl in Tokyo

What the actual fuck

Your friend sounds like an ita ageplayer weeb
>>
>>9289338
#dead
>>
>>9288408

they said she was sick. Why are people assuming that's a lie? Not defending APUSA here. I'd really like to know.
>>
>>9289285
diff anon, but she can't sell it nwt now in case she decides to sell before wearing.

everything new comes with tags and I would be sketched out too.
>>
>>9286396
That looks like straight up normie Laura Ashley
>>
>>9289325
Nameless Poem with the mu-fish tights and shoes and a veil.
>>
>>9289505
It's a 4chan meme anon, it's not literal.

>>9289489
You don't need to let her borrow your clothes. You can go somewhere like Maison du Julietta or whatever it's called where you pay to dress up and take photos.
>>
>>9286984
Sorry senpai but people are waking up to the fact that buying into the transcult doctrine means accepting gender stereotypes as gospel to begin with. Changing your biological sex is impossible. Liking the other sex's stereotypes better than your own sex's doesn't make you that sex.
>>
>>9291362
do you want genders or not. stereotypes arent a bad thing, go back to your nonbinary safespace, faggot
Thread posts: 327
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.