[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dutch Thread: "Foundation, Rouge, Mascara, Lipstick and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 311
Thread images: 24

Previous Thread: >>9234882

Previously, on Dutch Thread:
>Skimpy cosplay talk
>A down-to-Earth Zwarte Piet explanation
>The remains of GamePit has committed sudoku
>The Nijmegen sushi meet happened
>An increase of LoK and Harley Quinn cosplays
>Mentally ill lolita community and general autism/ADD talk
>Recent crafting purchases
>More Beatrix Doll WIP shots
>Thoughts on Dutch cosplayers on YouTube
>Who amazes you in cosplay, but looks meh in daily life?
>Make-up talk and how spending €1000 on it is nothing
>Dynamiccon Eindhoven is a thing
>Buying likes to win a 3DS -or- buying likes to disqualify someone trying to win a 3DS.
>Upcoming Dutch talents
>"New cons are shitty, why can't they be like the good ones?"
>Anon: "Men are sex-obsessed pigs"
>Doctor Strange costume looks awesome (also it's a great movie, 8/10, would watch again)

Next five major events:
>MGC Experience (November 19th, Nieuwegein UT) is a gathering for anime and J-culture fans.
>TerraCon (November 27th, Houten UT) is a convention for reptiles who like anime.
>Retrocon (November 27th, Rotterdam ZH) is a retro gaming fair. Just keep in mind Duck Hunt does not work on a flatscreen TV.
>Midwinter Fantasy Fair (November 10th & 11th, Alphen aan den Rijn ZH) is a fair targetted at fantasy.
>Dutch Comic Con Xmas Edition (December 17th & 18th, Utrecht UT) is a pretty self-explanatory title don't you think?

Full Google Calendar by OP can be found at https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=17gim9nkndjpvpnhp1pr64l410%40group.calendar.google.com

Friendly reminders
>Defending yourself on /cgl/ often only makes things worse
>Posts made in Dutch are against the global rules and will be removed
>Nagging is fine, but constructive feedback is better
>Posting pictures of (WIP) /cgl/ items is encouraged

Are you going to the MGC Experience?
http://www.strawpoll.me/11589664
>>
>>9247048
>So now that Halloween is over, what do you guys think about all those Harley quinn cosplayers taking over conventions and shit?
Every year has its own hand full of "popular/hyped" characters that get cosplayed to death. I can see why people cosplay those characters (riding the hype train for your fans, genuine love for the character, easier to do group cosplays with), but personally seeing so many of the same character just makes me stop noticing them altogether. Well, unless they are pulled off really good in both costume and act (if any).
>>
As a fatty-chan it does piss me off when good looking woman wear a shitty costume and get tons of likes.
Because that makes several men think that girls need to be attractive in order to cosplay, and think it's ok to hate on any cosplayer that doesn't forfill their fantasy. Whether it's a girl being too fat or flatchested. But yeah sex sells, my only cleavage pic has at least twice as many views as any of my other ones.
>>
TerraCon is soon, but not many updates. What do you think?
>>
>>9247159
Pics? You know, for scientific reasons?
>>
>>9247156
Negan is going to be the new Harley, but I agree.

Harley = dead pool = D.va = Negan
>>
>>9247174
Total disaster incoming
>>
Why is MGC called a "gathering"? It's not outside or anything, is it?
>>
>>9247193
because it's small. It's inside, don't worry.
>>
>>9247159
>Because that makes several men think that girls need to be attractive in order to cosplay, and think it's ok to hate on any cosplayer that doesn't forfill their fantasy.
When talking cosplay I find it more important that a person's body fits the body and outfit of the character they are trying to cosplay. For instance a fatty cosplaying Ariel looks just as bad to me as a fitty cosplaying Ursula. They simply don't appear like that in the source material which is something a lot of plus sized cosplayers "conveniently" tend to forgot. And the same definitely also goes for guys, maybe even more so as buffed guys are common in anime and games yet relatively rare to see at cons.
>>
>>9247174
>>9247188
Disaster or cancellation.
>>
>>9246791
> Look at practically every popular female cosplayer and you'll see that the quality of the costume isn't nearly as important as showing off nice tits and ass. Cute face is not required but it helps.
I think it's either having booty OR a cute face. Just look at (again) Anzujaamu. She's totally flat, yet has tons of fans (also creepy fanboys on 4chan, apparently). And in Japan having a cute face is important. Someone like Yaya Han probably wouldn't be that popular there. And as much as I like her, I can understand why, because well, she has a pretty average Asian face.
>>
>>9247159
Agreed. I'm actually pretty fit ifImaysaysomyself but prefer to be covered up in both daily life and cosplay. Recently one of my shitty selfies in form-fitting normie clothes got more likes than any of my cosplay pics. Apparently my followers prefer seeing me in a plain tight shirt and skinny jeans than in cosplay. Why follow my cosplay account then? And now there's people commenting that I should cosplay x super skimpy dressed character next even though I've said I don't even like the source material or showing skin.
I get that most guys like seeing hot chicks but there are plenty of Instahos posting bikini selfies so why pester me? Lots of women are catering to your thirst already, leave cosplayers alone!
>>
>>9247257
I personally think that depends on the costume. I have seen some fattychans pull off skinny girl costumes better than skinny girls do. I think it is more important to make the costume suit your body. If you're a bit overweight, just emphatise your waist and dont show your belly.. also nothing without straps. It makes some people look like cupcakes, but not the delicious kind.
I don't let anyone's body bother me anymore as long as they dress accordingly. So a bit more overweight cosplay of a skinny character can still look great in my eyes. It makes life so much easier.

I do tend to dislike cosplayers without wigs and/or make-up....
>>
>>9247275
of course, if you let it being organized by a concrete supplier!
http://www.terracon.nl/
>>
>>9247413
Anzu is very underweight because of her ED and probably appeals to pedos and girls looking for kawaii thinspiration. She does clean up (filter up?) well, though.
>>
>>9247761
this, dress to the weight you are, not the weight you want to be. doesnt mean you cant cosplay a skinny girl, just alter the costume in the right places.

This is also a reason why i don't like the whining about fat or skinny girls, believe me if I see a skinny girl in a shitty outfit even if she has big tits, i wont be impressed. But hey, who doesnt like to see some eyecandy?
>>
>>9247766
Haha, concrete has been poured on the convention.
>>
>>9247159
>>9247759
I'm slim+small boobs, and I get most likes when I go all out with make-up+lashes+circle lenses. When I showed cleavage/body on rare occasions, I did get more likes/comments from guys than girls, but not more than I would usually get (just a different male to female ratio). But actually I prefer likes and comments from girls (and yes I'm a heterosexual). So I don't see the point in showing off my body, even if it were for attention.
>>
File: 2223687-620-400.jpg (31KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
2223687-620-400.jpg
31KB, 620x400px
>>9247174
>What do you think?
>>
>>9247916
Doesn't look good!
>>
>>9247257
Most male cosplayers are skinny and tall or small and chubby, there aren't a lot of buff guys yet they are not expected to be held up to the standard that expected of female cosplayers.
>>
So with all these new (shitty) cons popping up everywhere, what is it that makes or breaks a convention for you?
>>
I don't mind fat people cosplaying actually but try to avoid to show belly buttons because it'll actually look bad and pretty ew.
>>
File: 1478551763881.jpg (10KB, 324x78px) Image search: [Google]
1478551763881.jpg
10KB, 324x78px
>>9248255
Breaks
>>
>>9248346
>>Posts made in Dutch are against the global rules and will be removed

So yeah, bye
>>
Really disappointed indeed; in people like you.
>>
>>9248255
Breaks
>Having the same old events each year.
>Schedules where (most) events overlap with each other on the first/final 10 minutes. Plus events always run late meaning you'll have to leave extra early to make it to the next event.
>Using a location that is hard to reach by public transport or has poor parking solutions.
>Not having enough sleeping accommodations in the area (<30 min walk) at a multi-day con.
>Not taking in any feedback, simply shrugging it off or flat out ignoring it.
>Not being clear about when the ticket sale of a tasting or concert starts, or changing said time out of the blue.
>Having the T word in your event name.
>Not mentioning everything is cash only beforehand and the nearest ATM is 20 minutes away from the con.

Makes
>Seeing some new or more interesting events to attend for the con veterans.
>Having a schedule that actually keeps dinner time in mind so you wont have to rush in junk food between major events.
>Beautiful locations that don't just look like "yet another conference hall" and offer a place outdoors.
>Actively asking for feedback from your visitors and actually listening to it instead of going full "everything worked out, didn't it?".
>Lockers, fuck bag room lines!
>>
>>9248346
>>9248353
Looks like someone needs to be returned to Nederdraad. Why are 12 year olds on 4chan anyway?
>>
>>9248372
Newfag, what is the T word?
>>
>>9248378
T o m o
>>
>>9248380
I'm a bit confused. there a story behind this?
>>
>>9248382
A lot of stories. Which one do you want to hear and do you want the long or the short story?
>>
>>9248384
>Is a faggot for storytime

whichever you prefer, anon
>>
>>9248382
>Tomo hosts several shitty events with the main selling point being that it's cheap
>Tomo in general doesn't care about dealers scamming people by selling bootlegs at full price
>Main organizer is so fucking full of himself and doesn't take any form of criticism well.
>TomoCon quickly ran out of shuttle bus tickets in pre-sale, essentially scamming people onto paying €10 on the spot in order to get the con unless they felt like walking for 40 minutes. People who bought said shuttle bus tickets on pre-sale got scammed as well as those tickets were valid on both days which wasn't stated anywhere.
>Also 40 minute waiting time for said busses.
>Nearly cancelled the concert at TomoCon due to "technical difficulties". But hey, "it's okay because we fixed it" 2 hours late.
>Shrugged off the fact that someone fell off the bouncy castle at TomoCon and landed on her head. A doctor to be flown in by helicopter to check for neck injuries but "it all worked out fine in the end, so it's okay"
>Maid Cafe had zero customisers on day 1 because nobody knew they were there and Tomo refused to advertise them because "those girls are just having their periods up there".
>One controller per console with multiplayer games during TomoPlay.
>TomoParty ran put of food before dinner time and no one was allowed to bring their own.
And the list just goes on and on...
>>
What's a cosplay you'd like to see one day? And well done at that?
>>
>>9248420
A blond White guy cosplaying as Alfred J. Kwak and a Black girl with natural hair as Winnie (gijinka of course). I could cosplay either of them myself, but it wouldn't be a perfect real life version if I were to do it.
>>
>>9248403
tell me more
>>
I feel sorry for the silly dude that's going to take pictures of Bregje, with her 'I'm going to cosplay leopard nidalee' fuck off m8
>>
Cosplayers that promote tomocon god no...
>>
>>9249069
You mean the partyvengers..
I remember when they tried telling me how to act on stage when they hae never participated in any cosplay compo's.
>>
>>9248497
Tomo has overall a bad reputation, but keeps on getting a lot of visitors because they have cheap events. But most of them are young people who doesn't have much money. They are really smart in how they do this.

Instead DynamicCon is asking 20 euros. But maybe this convention will not suck at all, we have to see. I wish DynamicCon much luck and hope they can steal some of the visitors that normally would go to Tomo.

Also Tomo try to reach different audience per event. But a lot of people got sick of all the TomoEvents, because it is already too much while the events aren't that well.

BTW: TerraCon gets cancelled or not? Also heard a few stories that people can't reach the organization of RetroCon which is on the same day as TerraCon?
>>
>>9249072
>I remember when they tried telling me how to act on stage when they hae never participated in any cosplay compo's

w a t
a
t
>>
>>9249072
not only partyvengers are promoting, but that shit's fucked, what?
>>
But having panels and activities at TomoFair Amsterdam just means this will be TomoCon? Because come on... a dealerroom + some activities sounds like TomoCon.
>>
>>9249069
And soon you can expect 10.000 giveaways for the T event.
>>
>>9249072
No I meant Chanco and Carolien?
Also the partyvengers have preformed on stage, both in a group and seperately.
>>
>>9249095

Not sure if Terracon gets cancelled or not, but they keep emailing possible dealers asking them to rent a stand at Terracon.
>>
>>9249244
Hmm.. but there is no communication whatsoever if we talk about promotion and such. The Facebook event is deserted.
>>
>>9249244
I wonder how many dealers are actually willing to go there. Renting a stand, logistics and making other expenses are a bit of a risk at a new unpopular "con" where you probably won't be able to break even.
>>
>>9249244
I have actually never heard of Terracon?
>>
>>9249244
OH GOD THEY USE COMIC SANS ON THEIR SITE
>>
>>9249356
That says enough.

>>9249357
Yeah yeah. On my mobile phone it is really terror to go through this website...
>>
>>9249247

they did post something 20+ hours ago or so, so it's not that deserted after all I guess.

>>9249253

I was willing to go as a dealer when they thought about having it together with exoknaag & terraria. Mostly because the audience is older and the chance of breaking even or making a profit would have been higher. Ever since they announced they were moving it to another date I wasn't interested anymore. I've been to MGC as a dealer and I didn't even break even, so what are the chances that I will at Terracon.

Other dealers I've spoken with were not even considering going mainly because the combination was absurd x'D

Seeing how they keep pestering me with emails I'm guessing they don't have that many dealers willing to rent a table.
>>
>>9249376
Oh wow fail. I was monitoring the Facebook event.
>>
>>9249376
Strange, they have been silent for weeks and now a simple Facebook status with a link to the website. What is the total program?

This is what I could find:
Dealerroom
games corner
creative workshops
cosplay events
photo booth
and much more...

I am worried...
>>
>>9249185
yeah but not on international lvl or on any decent stages.
>>
>>9249428
so..Abunaicon isn't 'decent'enough? If it would be just Tomo..well I've seen the level of cosplay costumes there, even I can give that a shot. International no idea, they travel a lot.
>>
>>9249728
sorry but abunai compo's are crap.
I know them wel enough. There cosplay's are shitty, expecialy raven's (they are badly made and they don't fit her figure) and their acting is worse.
They say they are "famous" in germany but all my german friends say no one can stand them their either.
>>
Team Chaos Cosplay are doing cool stuff right now though. Getting all these tours at game companies in the US and all. Quite jealous
>>
>>9250136
Or get motivated.
>>
>>9250136
Meh its just like that assasins creed guya couple of years ago.
Get famous for one costume get ivited to a couple events (mostly not payed) and vanish into the shadows.
>>
>>9250155
Rick is still very much around and still does projects of Ubisoft. He didn't vanish at all.
>>
Where did team chaos say they got invited there though? I get the idea they made it seem like that in their videos but they just went themselves.
>>
>>9250232
I believe Sakuraflor posted they were invited on her page. I'm also doubting and at the same time Blizzard gave them all kinds of presents and gives them tours at their headquarters. But I'm curious nonetheless
>>
>>9250239
Blizzard does that more often desu. I've seen it with a lot of people on my timeline. I might visit them myself next year too. But who knows. That wouldn't be an invited tour though.
>>
>>9250239
Regardless of whether they were invited or not they're doing some seriously insane stuff and really putting the Netherlands on the map cosplay wise. That's cool though because it also gives other Dutch cosplayers the opportunity to show what they've got. Seriously they have my full support.
>>
>>9250369
Exactly.

Are we all motivated now?
>>
>>9250369
What....?

How are they "putting Netherlands on the map"?
How is that giving other Dutch cosplayers the opportunity to show what they got?

That is not how the global village works.
>>
>>9250374
They are appearing all over the Internet. Giving the Netherlands exposure. It's how you look at it. You can be pesimistic and say it's bull or instead you could get motivated work hard and do what they're doing which is enjoying it and going all out. They aren't doing anything that others can't do, they're just extremely dedicated and get shit done.
>>
They are appearing all over the Internet. Getting theirselves exposure. Work hard and do what they're doing which is enjoying it and going all out. They aren't doing anything that others can't do, they're just extremely dedicated and get shit done.
There fixed.

Not disagreeing with you on the whole ordeal. But it is kind of a void thought in thinking that their work benefits the Netherlands or the cosplayers residing there.
>>
File: IMG_0069.jpg (56KB, 282x424px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0069.jpg
56KB, 282x424px
>>9247159
>forfill
>>
File: --.jpg (566KB, 1100x1271px) Image search: [Google]
--.jpg
566KB, 1100x1271px
Everyone is praising the shit out of team chaos' work but they hardly put in any effort in making anything. Heck, Hakan doesn't even know HOW to make 3D models himself for 3D printing and just gets them from others!
Of course I know it takes some after work to get 3D printed props all smooth and stuff, but creating a prop itself is something they're skipping entirely through this process and are missing a lot of the craftmanship with this.
So yeah, I'm actually questioning the 'How good are they' here because, frankly, everyone can just print a prop here!
>>
>>9250389
Tbh i don't think that their work benefits other Dutch cosplayers at all. It just benefits them. But fair enough. They make ok looking costumes accourding to the normal standard that you get to see at Dutch cons.
>>
>>9250369
>and really putting the Netherlands on the map cosplay wise.

Really?
So you think all previous Dutch cosplayers that have gone to international competitions literally holding up a Team Netherlands sign, did nothing for putting Dutch cosplayers on the map?
That's such a tell sign that you haven't been long in the cosplay comunity. You are probably a member of team chaos or a close friend to say that.
>>
>>9250559
Exactly. The Netherlands has won international competitions with a variety of different cosplayers, or at least got high ranked. There's nothing special that they're doing to 'put the Netherlands on the map.'
>>
>>9250564
Only someone who never follows any international compo's or competed internationally would think that a invitation to Blizzcon for having a related cosplay means putting the Netherlands on the map.
>>
>>9250500
I did hear stories about this guy Hakan and his 3D printing scamming. Are they true?
>>
>>9250500
> I printed this for my gf and her friend

Does that mean he just called Sakuraflor his gf because she has a boyfriend, you know the third wheel of chaos cosplay. that would be awkward
>>
>>9250574
Regarding this right, I remember him posting shit tons of progress on his page regarding OW cosplays. He had a mercy staff, almost a full Mei and much more but they where all prints and now those pictures are gone? That or I just can't find them.
>>
Wtf is the deal with all the team chaos cosplay talk. I'm getting tired of having to read about them all the time -.- ok it was fun at first but now it's just becoming sad jelousy.. they're becoming a weekly topic with one side protecting them and the others side hating on them. We get it now it's getting boring..
>>
>>9250922
Whoops sorry to hurt you fragile perspective of 4chan being a place where thing are forgiven and forgotten for no reason even if more juice is still being spilled. Protip: emotes give away youre most likely not here regularly
>>
>>9250931
That's it let's make a whole pointless discussion about how emotes give away that someone is not here regularly and how that makes us all feel.. instead of bitching and whining over the same thing over and over trying to hate people on the same exact stuff over and over like it's not even original anymore. It's either bitching about 3D printing, them being gf bf or how they're lying about what they're doing. I hate to break it to you but while these pointless discussions are taking place they're over there doing god knows what. So how about making 4chan interesting again by bitching something other than team chaos.
>>
>>9250938
You first, then. Bring something more interesting up
>instead of bitching and whining over the same thing over and over
>>
>>9250961
Anything is more interesting. Even the few idiots here in the Netherlands that suddenly decided to cosplay Donald Trump for upcoming events.
Like wtf.
>>
>>9250938
Do you grasp the concept that is gossip. Also stop the over reaction, youre being way to emotional over this.
Why do you care what 4chan is talking about. Read the opening post, defending youself or your friends really doesnt get you anywhere. If anything youre only making it worse.
>>
>>9250969
Ok first off I don't care about team chaos I'm just getting sick of constantly the same bullshit. It's been week after week the same thing. 4chan used to be gossip and bullshit of all sorts which was actually interesting but lately every time I come here it's always about team chaos. I'm just saying it's getting old and it's always the same stupid suspicions not even real facts. It's just getting annoying but yeah maybe that's just me.
>>
>>9250988
Yes, it's just you. I luv all drama no matter who it's about.
>>
Advice on buying a small car for convention purposes and short distance driving? I need to be able to stuff 3/4 people in it (including driver) and cosplay stuff.
>>
>>9250922
Sick of the same bullshit? Every topic is a weekly topic here. Do you even know how to 4chan? It's funny how you are triggered about team chaos being mentioned while you keep bringing them up.Let me give you a little advice on that. When you have a gun, don't point it at your own foot.
>>
>>9250922
>>9250938
>>9250966
>>9250988
Talk. About. Something. Else. Instead. Bring that so called "anything is more interesting" to the table.
Is this concept too hard for your walnut brain to understand? No, instead keep complaining that this thread doesn't cater to your special brand of drama need. Or you can even just admit that there literally isn't anything else to talk about right now. FFS.

pro tip: this thread isn't /cgl/ isn't 4chan
>>
>>9251003
I'm assuming that getting a car for cosplay also means easier to travel with luggage to stay at cons all weekend. If you consider that the 3 other people may have about as much bagage and cosplay stuff as yourself, would still fit in a small car? If you think everything will fit, a small car will be fine. But if you are starting to get images of only able to fit 2 persons + luggage + cosplays for a whole weekend because both the trunk and backseat will already be packed, you probably better off thinking about getting a slightly bigger one. It'll all depend on how much luggage and cosplay everyone has ofcourse. But in my experience, if you pack a small car with 4 adults, it's pretty much full and that little trunk space will probably not get you very far for 4 persons of luggage for a weekend.
>>
>>9251003
Like >>9251040 said, if you plan on bringing 4 people somewhere, and you all need to bring cosplay stuff, you're better off looking bigger. Something in the size ranges of Mini's or Ford Fiesta's won't cut it, especially if more than one person goes a bit bigger with their luggage. Can't help you with how reliable second-hand is, since I've got no experience there, but yeah. Don't go small. What's your budget?
>>
We can talk about Brian Start Industries and his bought likes. His remade page of 2 weeks old or something, also suddenly has a bunch of likes, so he bought those as well.

But buying likes is so plain, everybody does it. I mean how else are you going to pretend you are important and life is fabulous?
>>
>>9250500
I'm not bothered by anything they do to be fair. But his way of writing and spelling, in those facebook groups aswell, just pisses me off. At least give it some effort to find the period and comma on your keyboard, you're a grown adult ffs.
>>
>>9250369
>>9250376
>>9250389
>such community service much benefit to all of the Netherlands wow give them all the medals
Hakan, is that you?
>>
>>9251097
Probably not because punctuations are actually used in full sentences. But it's gotta be someone from his kampf.
>>
If you guys really want to talk drama, you should talk about Riri Cos. Trying to provoke people with all his pro-donald trump talk, but backpedalling so hard now that people get angry at him. lmao.
>>
>>9251106
That is really a sad figure and he wants to cosplay Trump. That was part of a bet, he said.
>>
>>9251109
Even if it was part of a bet, you can't deny that he's trying to upset people on purpose. That guy is even more of a trainwreck than I expected.
>>
>>9251106
it's people like him who actually dont kid around and voted on trump, but because they are making ppl angry pretend that it's a joke... he's such a sad figure indeed
>>
>>9251106
>Getting worked up over American politics
Sorry, I'm saving my energy for March 15th.
>>
It's hilarious how blinded by the Dutch media you all are. Trump is not the devil, Trump voters are not the devil. Take some time to actually look into politics next time, instead of judging a political candidate by a dumb remark made in his off-time 10 years ago.
>>
>>9251115
Yep, he does in on purpose, because he needs the attention. I really hope a lot of people find out about that he isn't joking at all. He is not trolling. This is the real deal.
>>
>>9251106
>Riri Cos
The Love Live tard? Wow, posting images from pages literally called "Edgy Memes and Fashy Dreams", what a winner.
>>
>>9251120
It's hilarious how bad you are at reading, who even brought up Trump in a negative light, aside from "this moron wants to cosplay him". Nice projecting. Alternatively, hi Riri.
>>
>>9251125
Yeah that's the one. He's so fucking creepy as well. I really don't understand how people like this can exist.
>>
>>9251106
Riri Cos should be avoided at all cost. He stalks people and loves it when people talk shit about him. He's probably having a raging boner right now. I've even seen screenshots of him asking people for money to talk shit about him. He's all drama and attention. If you have any relations with him, cut him off and never look back.
>>
>>9251163
Just ditch him.
>>
>>9251003
For short distances pretty much any small car will do. If you're buying second hand make sure to cover the basics; the date of the last APK, repair history and average repair costs, any rust on the car, the kilometerstand as known at the RDW (terugtellen is still a thing), a visual and auditorial check of the motor and a double check by anyone who knows his cars. Also make sure you also ask when the "distributieriem" or chain was last replaced as that shit is often more expensive than buying another cheap second hand car. Typically for belts this is something that has to be done every 150,000~200,000km where chains last a lot longer.

As for fitting 3 to 4 people with luggage in a small car, I can tell you out of experience that 3 people with several (fabric) cosplays and luggage is highly uncomfortable yet doable in a Suzuki Swift. Just make sure to remove the hat rack, lay the left back seat flat and tie the back door closed. Still, you're probably better off renting a station wagon for the weekend and splitting the costs. At Sixt €130 gets you an Opel Astra for three days with 600KM to ride, which means paying €32.50 each plus fuel.
>>
>>9251170
I've always wanted a stationwagon for this reason. Cosplays, camping, travel...it's great. But alas, not in the near future.
>>
>>9251106
>>9251120
Not all Trump supporters may support him for his ignorant remarks. But Riri is a legit racist, that is one of those Trump supporters who support him for his ignorant remarks.
>>
>>9251191
So I wasn't seeing things when I saw that person reply to one of my friends' statuses....

I want to say that he can choke on a dick, but I think he likes that so... Ignoring is the best then.
>>
>>9251170

3 people with cosplay and luggage in a suzuki swift?

I drive a toyota starlet (which is only slightly bigger than a suzuki swift) and I can hardly fit 2 people + luggage (read 2 suitcases) into it.
And when I was still driving a suzuki swift I could never fit my suitcase into the trunk..

/senpai teach me your tetris skills

>>9251003
If it's only for convention purposes and small distances; Either rent a big car or buy a small car and travel with less people x'D

up untill now i've never gotten more than 2 people + luggage the size of suitcases into small cars like a ford fiesta, suzuki swift, toyota aygo or toyota starlet

Something like a renault megane would be better suitable since it had a nice big trunk so fitting 3 people with luggage into it is not a problem at all.
A car with airco is also a big plus. I need to drive long distances to get to cons and sweating buckets during the drive and arriving soaked in sweat because your car had no airco is super uncomfortable.
>>
>>9251301
Like I said, remove the "hoedenplank" and lay the left back seat flat as it also has the middle part connected to it. From that point on it's a matter of stacking (2 big Samsonite cases will easily fit on the flat back seat alone), stuffing (if it's soft, it will be stuffed) and tying rope to the trekhaak to keep the trunk door closed enough to keep everything inside. If that isn't enough the passenger in the back and front can always keep a bag/backpack on their lap.
Like I said, it's highly uncomfortable but doable. I even managed to move a half disassembled king sized IKEA bed and mattress in one go with my 1989 model, something I haven't been able to do with a Ford Ka nor a VW Polo.
I miss having a car...
>>
>>9251301
One of the Animecon staff is amazingly skilled in 3D car-tetris. I believe he drives a Twingo and he has transported half the world in it. I don't want to know how many aanhoudingen he has got over the years for bad visibility.
>>
>>9251394
I used to go camping a lot with the JNM (Jeugdbond voor Natuur- en Milieustudie) which is only allowed for 11-25 year olds. Boy, camping with them definitely taught me how to pack my bags and play packing-tetris.
>>
File: they_see_me_rolling.jpg (387KB, 576x760px) Image search: [Google]
they_see_me_rolling.jpg
387KB, 576x760px
>>9251428
Care to share your secrets, other than ranger rolling your clothes up to massively preserve space?
>>
>>9251447
that at least helps. But what I mostly went with was "Take what you think you need, then take half of it." Especially for a weekend at a con you may need just 2 sets of 'normal' clothes if you're not cosplaying.

Fabric costumes; just fold them, be careful, maybe bring an iron, and transport breakable and hard things between layers of soft clothes. Roll up towels, and test out your bags and suitcases in whether it fits or not a few weeks beforehand so you know how much space you have.

For armour; see if you can stack armour into itself. For example: gloves inside the bracer. Soft undersuit inside the helmet, belt and shoes inside the breast plate and backplate on top of that or something. See if the pauldrons work with each other as well.

>pic related; transported Smaug to conventions & London in 2014
>>
>>9251003
I drive a Toyota Aygo and these is no way that 4 people with all their cosplay bags fit in there. When we go to cons i take only 1 extra person with me, so our stuff will also fit on the backseat
>>
>>9251120
It is exactly his policies which make him dangerous. Read his 100 day plan. And read what he has inspired his followers to.
>>
>>9251484
every single time I have done that, I ended up needing three times as many clothes as I brought. Every time I don't do it, I need less than a third of what I bring... WHY
>>
>>9251394
You mean Kaj?
Yeah he once stuffed 4 people plus all of cheesecake's stuff into his twingo XD
>>
>>9251721
Bad planning. Think ahead of the weather, and what you're doing. I know that when I go cosplaying for a weekend, I need one pair of trousers, two t-shirts, a hoodie in case it gets cold, two pairs of socks and underwear for the weekend. Half of that you're already wearing on the journey itself. The rest is just in case you're sweating or something happens. If not, at the end of the weekend, fresh shirt. Trousers can be worn much longer than people think. When you get home, throw everything in the washing machine, solved.

If you think that's gross, well... I spend most of my time in cosplay, so the clothes can be hung out in the hotelroom or even cleaned/washed in the shower for a bit and hung up to dry.
>>
And on the topic of getting invited to events its quite eatsy.Just get to know one of the organizers and most of the times they will invite you to their event where you can meet more organizers.
And an invitation is no more that here is a VIP/guest/special badge. You still have to pay the rest.
I have gona to a bunch of events in Europe including blizzcon en dreamhack and i'm not even a cosplayer.
>>
MGC next week, ticket sale is going quite well over there.
>>
>>9251791
Anyone knows reasons why I should go to this convention?
>>
>>9251763
>I have gona to a bunch of events in Europe including blizzcon
>events in Europe
>blizzcon
>>
>>9251763
that's basically how it works

best regards,
an organiser
>>
>>9251842
Fellow orga here.
Hotel room parties make excellent bonding moments XD
>>
>>9251842
>>9251848
>>9251763

The basics are right, but the group in this network is pretty limited. And I am pretty sure that most of them are not posting here since most of them are working at this very moment.
So, I smell a few people bs-ing here.
>>
>>9251869
You would be surptised how easy it is to get "into" the network.
You just have to be a bit normal and totaly not a weeb (well just a little) and money is important to travel and stay in touch.
But usually it's con organizers in the group.
>>
>kek
>>
>>9251897
People, you can all post here or on other forums to talk about cosplay and your outfits!
>>
>>9251909
no, no ,no, the serieus questions get a pass, the bs stays behind, they actually upgraded the freaking group for once
>>
>>9251939
It seems most people agree on it too... that's good news.
>>
>>9250369
How are they even putting the netherlands on the map? Besides what other anons already said, that there are dutch cosplayers actually competing for the netherlands, promoting our counrty.
They hardly got anyone to notice them on Blizzcon. I saw one artical (that was actually more of a slideshow), that showed their photos. Other than that most Blizzcon articals where about those amazing Reinhart cosplayers. An ana and Genji cosplay aren't that special these days.
>>
File: jopeople.jpg (87KB, 631x177px) Image search: [Google]
jopeople.jpg
87KB, 631x177px
Remember the trainwreck we were talking about earlier?
>>
>>9251976
Even if they got photographed or appeared in video's, there must've been dozens of Overwatch cosplayers there. They didn't stand out in any way. They just looked like any other Overwatch fan. It's not like they are big celebs or anything like that. Just a couple of Dutch tourist cosplayers that hung out in LA. Nobody cares about them there. Even if they post vlogs and pictures. Because everybody does nowadays. It's nothing special.
>>
>>9251987
>"It's a bit last minute"
>There will be a cosplay competition that they haven't advertised at all. No guidelines for acts, music or anything
Please let them cancel and actually prepare themselves next time. It's not too late to avoid this train wreck organisers...
>>
aaaannd the aliexpress 11/11 sale is going to make me poor.
>>
>>9252026
Because it isn't a sale. ;)
>>
>>9252032
It can be, just not the amount that they advertise. You can save a dollar left and right, but the sale price is mostly lower than the pre-jacked-up-for-sales price. There's a Chrome extension to check the price history of items, if you care.

>>9251987
>which music do they play at competitions?
Wow. So no guidelines on how long your act should be, no sent in music, no preparations... ?
>>
>>9252061
Yeah thanks to the person who posted that I managed to buy only 1/3 of the original list, the others used to be around the same price before the sale. Oh and thanks everyone for the advice on buying a car!
>>
>>9251988
Well this so much.
Great for them that they went to blizzcon, but they are in no way 'putting the Netherlands on the map'
>>
>>9251987
For the people who want to know: this was posted on AVO Forum.
>>
So to follow up, who do you think is 'putting The Netherlands' on the map?

I want to hear names of people who I should definitely follow!
>>
>>9252578
I think putting the Netherlands on the map and who you should follow are two different things in general. Every Dutch cosplayer that competes internationally for the Netherlands are by definition putting the Netherlands on the map in the international cosplay community. They will be interviewed as team Netherlands, will appear in promotional materials as team Netherlands and will also hold a signs up in several ceremonies saying the Netherlands. It's the same as how you learnt how cool team Mexico was or any other team that caught your attention. That is what I call putting your country on the map. These competitions will often also be judged thoroughly on different aspects of their cosplay and act. So it can be quite different than just show up at some event as a tourist. Who you should follow on the other hand, is completely in your own taste and initially has no direct link to if a cosplayer puts any country on the map. Teams that represent France or Italy or even the Netherlands might not be in your taste? And it comes down to that you should follow cosplayers whoms work you like. But just to drop a name for your questions sake. Team Paraluna is for example a Dutch cosplaying team that has competed internationally representing the Netherlands. If that's in your taste, you can consider following them.
>>
>>9250500
This is funny because the mask he wore at firstlook was obviously bought and painted over, yet he still insists he made it
>>
>>9252578

If I would have to choose some cosplayers, Paraluna is a team to follow, some of the MMMC group.

However, to be fair I think that at the end it is Animecon that puts our the Netherlands on the map. It is the only convention that gathers an international crowd and they send by far the most people to international competitions. My friends from the UK and Germany know some cosplayers, but they all know Animecon.
>>
Not for nothing but everyone talks about how competitions are what put the Netherlands on the map and animecon and all but wasn't Hakan from team chaos cosplay the one who actually won C4 at animecon becoming a international winner?
>>
>>9252739
But in this case anon was talking about how Hakan was putting the Netherlands on the map by going to Blizzcon.
>>
>>9252739
hahahaha, this is so true
>>
>>9252739
>>9252749
samefag

C4 has no name yet, it was the first edition. It'll be some time before the competition gets more recognition.
>>
>>9252739
Yes, and wel deserved. But winning is not suddenly making you an international well known cosplayer, and even then you are not suddenly the poster child for your country. To compare, Toki and Iloon have won Eurocosplay.
With all respect to this team, for many people their cosplays are "yet another Overwatch cosplay". One of the thousands (and that is no underestimation).

I vaguely remember that Hakan did a fighting act, right? Feel free to correct me if I am wrong. But I really remember the Polish Star Wars act. I also remember No Face clearly the next day.

Another way to put the country on the map is by being consistently present at on stage at other conventions. This is why people know
Paraluna, MMMC, Marlies and lidl (do they even have a name as team?).
>>
lol Clueless Vision is advertising their page now. Have they not learned sponsored ads are bad?
>>
>>9252752
>>9252752
You clearly have no clue what you're talking about. C4 is holding their third world wide competition next year. The prize I believe is a full expenses paid to japan, if I'm not wrong. But either way it's not just some small competition. A lot of different countries all over the world compete against each other in this event from US to China so please tell me how that is a no name competition?
>>
>>9252771
Not that Anon, but C4 is not that well known yet. I am sure it will gather more attention, in the next few years but it is not like Eurocos, ECG or WCS yet.
>>
>>9252752

It was their second edition. The first dutch C4 team was with the robot
>>
>>9252777
International con hopping anon here.
Eh C4 is very wel know in Europe. Especially backstage and among orga.
And that is mostly thanks to animecons chairman niels
>>
>>9252800
Hello Niels,
I don't think that backstage and organizers are really a sample of "general con visiting public".
>>
>>9252819
Niels is not the only person in the Netherlands that goes to a lot of european cons
>>
File: DZ.jpg (56KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
DZ.jpg
56KB, 800x533px
>>9245513
>I'm filled with extra salt today
Is this a joke? Have you been eating licorice?
>>
>>9252861
that thread is almost in the archives. Let it die, nobody cares about you Laura
>>
>>9252870
Not Laura, just visiting from /co/.
I guess it's true, /cgl/ IS full of drama.
>>
>>9252739
I remember that fighting act indeed. I have to admit that it was pretty good.
Hakan and that stuntman Magnum or whatever in the Deadpool suit may have won C4. But winning and then going to a con in America is not doing anything for the Dutch cosplay community as a whole. It doesn't give the rest of the Dutch cosplayers like Team Paraluna or MMMC any extra priviledges or chances. It just expands Team Chaos's own fame and fortune. But somehow they keep on saying that they do things for the Dutch cosplay community. I strongly disagree on that.
If they did then why aren't there not more people daring to try and to do as they do?
>>
>>9252907
Because Team Chaos currently seems like a dime in a dozen to me. From what I've seen, that is.
>>
>>9252898
Just visiting and randomly finding that one specific old post from well over a week ago, right? Gosh golly what a fucking coincidence :^)
>>
>>9252918
By the way, i thought that Team Chaos was a three person team? Where did that other guy go?
>>
>>9253566
He's a sad third wheel since he's Sakuraflor's bf but I guess Hakan stole his girl
>>
>>9253570
the poor guy, I feel bad for him
>>
>>9253573
Really? Unbelieveable that he still went to Blizzcon with them then. Sounds like a real heartbreaking situation.
>>
>>9253579
>>9253570
I'm a total outsider, but what I think is that Sakuraflor's bf just isnt really into the extreme spotlight like Hakan and Sakura are. Maybe he's just doing it for her. My boyfriend is kind of the same, he goes to a few conventions with me and has 3 costumes, but if it was up to him he wouldn't dress up. I'm assuming it's the same for that Karel dude, which makes Hakan look like he is Sakura's bf for outsiders. But that's just an assumption.
>>
>>9253638
Then Sakuraflor and Hakan should have just started a duo togehter. Karel even gets to wear cosplays of the others that look like shit on him. Making him look like the unwanted third wheel to a good looking cosplay duo. I feel bad for him.
>>
>>9253655
Not sure if he gets to wear like Hakans stuff but they should try a little harder on his stuff as well even if hes not into it as much. at least get him some better stuff so he looks decent
>>
>>9252758
marlies and lidl are team picobello i think, or at least, that's how they were announced at firstlook
>>
MGC Experience coming up not sure if I'm going. Should I?
>>
>>9253692
I was asking myself the same.
>>
>>9253692
See if your friends go, otherwise it is not worth it.
>>
>>9247136
Why did you post a picture of Snufkin?
>>
>>9253701
I was wondering the same, I mistakes this for a Finland thread first.
>>
>>9253700
My friends are going, a few of them, but still I am in doubt.
>>
>>9253638
I bet it's not just that.
Maybe he's also kinda scared that Hakan will actually try and steal his girl if he won't be there.
>>
Well uhm if I'm correct Hakan is married and he has a kid.
>>
>>9253739
I have seen pictures of a little girl coming by. But anyone know more about a mrs.Hakan? I have never seen anything about a mrs. Hakan showing up on cons or travel pics. Not trying to be negative but being married or in a relationship doesn't mean a lot these days when talking about flirting or more.
>>
>>9253739
that's just not true, hahaha
>>
I'm pretty sure he has a kid, not sure if he's still married
>>
>>9253757
He does have a kid, though he rather picks meaningless fights with other (younger) people through fb chat than pick up his kid from school. Talk about some good parenting here.
I guess that's why we never see Mrs. Hakan at a con; She's the one babysitting their kid while he's having fun with another girl.
>>
>>9253717
isn't that how those things usually go anyway? 'no he is just a friend, don't worry about it'
>>
>>9253701
>>9253715
>Why did you post a picture of Snufkin?
Simply put, I've never seen Moomin. All I see in the OP image is a guy holding flowers in front of the woods and hills which kinda fits the reoccurring OP image theme. It's not all that shocking really, according to Google Moomin had a original 1990-1992 run and a 1999-2000 rerun. Being born in 1990 myself you can probably figure out how I've managed to have never seen it, or at least not remembering it.
>>
>>9253764
I remember somebody saying that that he is divorced?
>>
File: tacky.jpg (260KB, 1586x849px) Image search: [Google]
tacky.jpg
260KB, 1586x849px
> Soon....Overwatch summer cosplay
oh dear.
>>
>>9253805
Lame, but would go well with Viencon I guess.
>>
File: mgcschedule.png (39KB, 1173x778px) Image search: [Google]
mgcschedule.png
39KB, 1173x778px
>>9253692
>>9253699
Look at the schedule, mark down the events you're interested in and ask yourself if they are worth the entry fee and travel? Although personally I second >>9253700.
>>
>>9253805
And so my overwatch fandom died a bit inside of me.
>>
>>9253805
>Waiting in the cold for the train to arrive
>See this picture
As if I wasn't feeling cold enough...
>>
More of these
>>9253571
>>9253819
Please.
>>
Every cosplayer that feels like they dont get enough attention does underwear or bikini cosplays, nothing special. If the characters actually wear bikinis and it's a group it can look decent but otherwise it's just fap material.
>>
Do the paraluna girls have boyfriends?
>>
>>9253883
they're a couple
>>
>>9253883
*snort* don't get your hopes up, they're gay for eachother. *insert mcdonalds themesong* I'm shipping it.
>>
>>9253922
I think one of them used to have a boyfriend though just before they got together.
>>
I have so many yaoi ships that I won't be able to get a boyfriend so not judging on that.
>>
>>9253985
>I have so many yaoi ships that I won't be able to get a boyfriend so not judging on that.
Be my fujo gf.
>>
>>9253985
here another one.
>>
>>9253788
Wait, OP is born in 1990?! Me too!
>>
Random question, are there any cosplay males here who crossplay as females ?
>>
>>9253884
>>9253922
Shame, it was worth trying
>>
>>9254087
>Wait, OP is born in 1990?! Me too!
First people were surprised over me being a guy and now about me being born in 1990. Don't tell me you too thought I was older... But yes, I was born in 1990 in the AMC and recently turned 26.
In case anyone else has some questions for me; "I'm OP, a random stranger who has been making these threads since DCC and an absolute nobody in the cosplay community. Ask me anything!"
>>
>>9254136
You are cool!
>>
>>9254136
I enjoy these threads so..
>>
>>9253750
Whatever happened to that curly haired girl he was holding hands with at Animecon last Summer?
>>
>>9254224
That Meltem girl you mean? She removed her cosplay page and also blocked her normal fb page a while ago, it's back up now though. No idea if they are still dating, kinda curious myself as well since the '' Hakan stories"" are going around xD
>>
>>9254365
They're actually still together. There are stories going around that they're slowly breaking apart though so I'm not sure what's the deal with that although I think everyone here knows the answer to that.
>>
>>9254182
For us as convention organizers they are a pain in the ass. I hate it when we set up everything, thinking that everthing is going perfectly according to plan, only to read on sites like 4chan afterwards that shit wasn't the way people were expecting it to be, but at the same time the visitors are too shy to tell us up front.
If something is wrong, just tell us! We don't want to be left in the dark and have to read it over here.
>>
Did anyone else know that there's a facebook page for "the third wheel" of Team Chaos? It's called "De al heilige Karel Suikerbuijk". I'm glad to see that he gets a little attention too. Apparently it started as a joke between a few people. It's pretty funny.
>>
>>9254365
What do you mean by calling her "Meltem girl"?
What's a Meltem?
>>
>>9253827
Only thing I'd like to participate in is the cosplay fashion show and I don't have any friends that go to cons. I'm doubting if I should go..
Normally I go to try and make friends, does MGC have a social atmosphere?
>>
>>9254704
That will always happen. You can have the most perfectly planned convention with the best accommodations and there will still be people complaining. That's just how it is.
>>
>>9254704
This is 4Chan. No matter how nice a person is or how well a con was organized, people will always complain because the dutch cosplay community is filled with drama whores.

I do agree with you, however, most of the people here know that rumors are rumors and that no one should ever believe what's being posted on 4Chan because it's usually just a pile of bullshit.
>>
>>9254712
I don't have that feeling, really too bad.
>>
Well thats what happens when you're abunai and decide to stay in the same place even though you've outgrown it.
>>
>>9254717
>if you complain you're a drama whore!
>if you're on 4chan just ignore criticisms it's stupid!
hi brian/mark/tomo/abunai
>>
>>9254717
Except for Tomo. All what has been shared here is truth. Too bad, Mark.
>>
>>9254813
Definitely not abunai, honestly you all where super mild after the con this year.
>>
>>9254891
I don't even know why I included Abunai, to not be biased/to be all-inclusive I guess, kek
>>
>>9254817
I'm not Mark actually but thanks for the laugh hahaha

Tomo is the only con I have grown to despise after so many events with no proper organizing. Having a game room at a beach party was probably one of their worst ideas. Why make so many small events when you can use that time to make a bigger convention. Also... they claim to be a non profit organization but I heard from a few volunteers that Mark and Wilbert keep a lot of their money to theirselves.
>>
>>9254900
Well I'm sorry/you are welcome.
>>
>>9254900
Why they do smaller events? I think that they maybe want to reach different audiences. TomoPlay is for the gamers, TomoParty for the people who like a Japan themed beach party and TomoFair is mostly for people who don't know a lot about Japan which make TomoCon the complete package.
>>
>>9254904
Personaly im more inclines to their lineing their pockets with money idea.
The more conventions there are the more places red dot can sell merch. And seeing as red dot is usualy the only decent stand at tomo more money for red dot aka mark.
Cheap location + free evets (enough attention whores who want to do an evdn just for the fame).
Small calculation 3000 tickets ×€5= €15000.
Location € 1000 euro prices are on their website.
Lets say they have a budget of €5000 for events (which is generous as on organiser i can tell they spend less)
Another €4000 for gophers and hebbedasheries.
There would still be about 5k over not counting dealer income. Seeing as they dont hire security or ehbo and the location comes with video and sound equipment.
So 5000 x 4 is 10000 a year which is not shabby.
>>
Tomo pulled some ridiculous shit in the past. I used to be volunteer but I left quickly after finding out about their wrongdoings. Tomo is everything but a non-profit convention. I can say that much.
>>
>>9254900
tomoplay was actually well organised.
too bad they lost about €4000,- on that... so they just sold the name to the most pathetic idiots ever called "in2gaming"
>>
>>9254916
Reddot is ran by Dave, not by mark, but they're close friends.
Reddot covers all losses up until €5000,-
>>
>>9254989
Mark, Wilbert and Brian helps at Red Dot during conventions as well.
>>
so are teenjewel and black44angel together or something?
>>
>>9255036
Who cares?
>>
>>9255054
Well the person who asked the question.
>>
>>9253839
>Walk around at convention
>See cute Megumin
>Want to say hello
>Want to take picture
>Too beta to ask because it's a 14 y/o character and I don't want people to think I'm into loli.

There is no way to win this.
>>
>>9255054
Gotta gossip about something and I'm sure done with Tomoshit.
>>
>>9254704
I never complain during a con for three simple reasons; I have better things to do like enjoying the con, I'm too tired/hungover to bother, and the people at the info desk probably have better things to do than listening to my complaints.
After a con I'll make sure to fill in any survey with honest feedback and suggestions, but not all conventions do this and instead you'll have to complain on Facebook (which often goes unnoticed during heavy post-con visitor posts) or send them an email to an address mentioned somewhere on the site. As much as I love certain cons, that last bit especially is just too much work for me.
Plus it's nice being able to extremely blunt and vent anonymously for a bit.
>>
>>9255036
No, they're not. Teenjuwel was at Facts with her boyfriend. She walked around with him often and they seemed happy.

It wouldn't be the first time that black44angel tries to steal someone's girlfriend though... be prepared for some drama.
>>
>>9254891
I was surprised by this myself. I remember us being hard on Abunai after the annual Abunai Hotel Room Hunger Games. A lot of shit was talked about previous editions, the new hotel registration system, how the Koningshof is a horrible location to get to by public transport due to overcrowded busses and a lack of night transit options, cosplay compo problems and a lot more. In the end we received a frustrated rant from a staff member telling us to email our complaints instead of posting them here and me offering him/her to forward any complaints made in the future by email.
Come to think of it, ever since you made your presence on /cgl/ known things have been rather tame for Abunai. Maybe the idea of there being someone on the team listening to our complaints tamed us a bit, or at least made us offer more constructive feedback rather than endless bashing.
>>
>>9255036
I don't know. Wouldn't be surprised since a lot of people got a significant other lately.
>>
>>9255083
>lately
geez and I thought relationships are a thing since, like, forever
>>
>>9255077
Does it even really matter?
>>
>>9255036
Its funny that ppl asume that there HAS to be a relationship when they work together
>>
>>9255077
I don't think there will be girlfriend stealing drama
>>
>>9255080
I've been around from almost the start of the Dutch threads by current OP but before the schedule I had no real reason to speak up regarding Abunai, as I agree with or at least understand many of the complains that where being said. I do my best to bring the complains to the people who can actually fix them and honestly I very much appreciated the feedback on the schedule since even if it was blunt, it was useful.
I'm personally very much in favour of listening to all forms of criticism and feedback, I can't improve if no one says their real opinion and 4chan is pretty good with providing those.
>>
>>9255092
Not sure if it's confirmation biased, but October and November do appear to have more new relationships being formed than other months. I blame the cold dark days and the approaching holidays.
>>
>>9255080
I can 100% guarantee that some of the anons here work for animecon, yaycon, nishi and tomo.
Plus some kissa and anigenda people stalk around here.
>>
>>9254182
And so do I. I'm just not used to people showing interest in me as I've always been more of a wallflower. Even the friendly messages in the survey and from >>9254171 (No, you're cool Anon) caught me off-guard and make me feel a bit awkward.

>>9255115
>and honestly I very much appreciated the feedback on the schedule even if it was blunt
At least you got back at me for using Flash to make the infographs and the Nijntje Tully pic.
>>
>>9253922
cringe
>>
>>9255136
I actually thought it was funny.
>>
>>9255116
Not just November and stuff. It'seems been the whole year.

I do have to agree with the "oh sorry I didn't know relationships weren't a thing anymore". You're right. I apologize.
>>
>>9254704
>boohoohoo
>>
>>9255083
nah, they's just friends. as >>9255077
said, teenjuwel has a boyfriend and I believe for a long time now. that dude helped them out during Facts
>>
>>9255077
What kind of retarded name is teenjuwel anyway?
>misspelling of juweel/jewel
>teen as in plsthinkI'mstillateenager or as in toes?
>toe jewellery?
What am I missing here?
>>
I heard Siasity has been hooking up with that Mario guy from tomo. Anyone who knows more about this?
>>
>>9255154
That's what I was wondering...

>>9255083
Not me, but I've got someone going after me, and I'm not too into them...
>>
Wait, you guys didn't forget that I am on here as well, right?

>>9255036
No we're not together.

>>9255077
Yes I'm super happy with my boyfriend, black44angel is a really close friend of mine, don't hope for drama too much.

>>9255147
indeed

>>9255154
Misspelling of jewel when i was 12 for runescape back in the day, already using the name everywhere, becoming 20 and too lazy to think of something new, nobody else uses it, it's just an easy name. It's not the best name, I am aware, hahaha.

I'm with >>9255054 really...
>>
>>9255182
I would be sad to see that happen. She can get much, MUCH better! I only know two mario guys on tomo events and both are ugly egocentric dicks. Truly hoping that she wont get involve with any of them, because she is a nice and pretty girl. I never saw them hanging out together, so could you explain where this rumour is coming from?
>>
>>9255185
Yeah we know, since you've been selfposting about your ass and stuff.
>>
>>9255183
Just tell him you're not interested and be done with it?
>>
>>9255201
hahaha, funny thing: that wasn't even me, but I guess ppl can't get compliments on 4chan. I was at Walibi Fright Nights that entire day, but sure if you want to believe I'm posting about my own ass, hahaha
>>
>>9255198
Hi Siasity.
>>
>>9255198
It's the Mario guy himself who started it actually. Pretty sad.
>>
< didn't know who Siasity was
< Looked her up
< lol that nose
>>
>>9255225
I already thought it wasn't you... just very salty people who are jealous of your ass.
>>
>>9255295
Say what you want, but she would make a perfect Yubaba.
>>
>>9255321
Oh my God. YES.
>>
>>9255217
Have you ever seen a brit respond to 'no I'm not interested'? They read between every line you speak, even if you tell them you're saying things as they are. But yeah I'm using his strategies against him. Told me to move fridge magnets to show my interest.
I did not touch the magnets.
>>
>>9255295
I'm pretty sure her nose grew from all the lies she told
>>
>>9255353
>kek
>>
>>9255201
Nah that would be me. Didn't know she'd be lurking around in 4chan.
>>
>>9255125
I can at least guarantee it for AnimeCon that I tend to check this topic from time to time (of course, I am retired....). I just rarely post, since there is usually nothing to say.
But today I feel like commenting on a few things. From top down:

C4 is not that huge yet, but we are getting quite well known at a pace we did not expect ourselves. I from personal experience that the livestream is being picked up in various countries, including South America(I go there once year usually to accompany our Yamato cup finals participant).

Is team Chaos putting "the Netherlands" on the map? I personally don't think any more than any other team which attends conventions abroad. The reason is quite simple: unless you are promoting other cosplayers as well, or a convention in the Netherlands (which you people do quite well for us I must say, thank you) most people do not care about a cosplayer's country of origin.

About free badges once "you know an organizer". Most organizers have no power to create free badges for their remote friends. Unless you are the main organizer, or part of crappycon, you need to have a decent case to invite someone (or be one of the few in control of the tickets). If I would create 50 free tickets for friends, the AnimeCon board would ask questions and for good reasons.
I do not say it does not happen, but I am very sure it is not a common thing.

But, more importantly, what prompt me to add some words to this topic is that I cannot agree with what some other organizers have posted before.
/cgl is a valuable source of feedback. Not always fair or right, sometimes too hard, but we do look and take that into account for future years. That people could have walked to us during the convention when something goes astray but did not is unfortunate, but it is better to know for the next time than not knowing at all. In the past I used to post some comments after the convention, but in the last 2 years nothing happened that needed it.
>>
>>9255353
And it keeps growing and growing.
>>
>>9255382
J, you da real mvp man
>>
>>9255382
It's pretty easy to tell, who you are but it's nice to see a nice organizer anon here from time to time

I think out of all Dutch conventions animecon is bashed here the least so I guess that shows you are doing a decent job even for the always complaining crowd.
Keep up the great work and the and great cosplay contest organization as well. I'm always enjoying the backstage time at animecon.
>>
>>9255401
>>9255353

Lies? What lies? I'm interested now kek
>>
>>9255330
I haven't, and if he's any more stubborn than me then I do wish you the best of luck.
On a side note, how did your Beatrix doll end up?
>>
>>9255414
Deadline is this week, but I have a puppeteering test video if you like... it's kinda...bad. But it's a test and I learnt that day that I have to take a different position and definitely install arm rods. (I accidentally ordered only one instead of 2... oops)
>>
>>9255382
"Misplacing" your badge and having it reprinted at the ticket desk however is becoming a common thing, even among gophers. Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing stricter rules or fees being applied for reprinting a badge. Those bloody freeloaders really piss me off...
>>
>>9255509
This is possible? *the more you know*
>>
>>9255261
Thats pretty fucked up.. such a petty guy. I hope no one takes him seriously!

>>9255255
Yeah sure. Because you arent allowed to defend a cosplayer whose work you like. But thanks for the compliment though. Do wish I could pull off nurse sonico as good as she did... Maybe you are right and Ill be able to do it. Jk. I am actually just really, really, really bored.
>>
>>9255125
hi! events crew here!
>>
>>9255382
this might be a valuable source of feedback, but when I read afterwards that, for example, the sound of the DDR or so was too loud I'm more like, GODDAMMIT you should have told the guy in charge while you were there!!
>>
>>9255945

her work? the only thing she does is buying costumes and claims to have made them herself while she cant sew for shit

she also has a false facebook account which she uses on cosplaynl to hide her true identity. she made a mistake last week on cosplaynl with her love live latern question. she tried to cover it up by editing the message on the fake account but the damage was already done

the worst thing about her is that she has a large group of whiteknights who will defend her to get into her panties afterwards.... a fat girl would have been ripped to pieces after these lies
>>
File: boobies tetten huehuehuehue.jpg (323KB, 1638x2048px) Image search: [Google]
boobies tetten huehuehuehue.jpg
323KB, 1638x2048px
>>9256275
By 'work' anon means tits. He (or she) likes her tits.
>>
>>9256275
She actualy rips them in pieces herself. As soon as she sees someone with just a little bit more fat than herself she goes full saiyan on that person.
>>
>>9256301
If you see her in real life you'll quickly notice she doesn't even have that much boob. I wouldn't say she's flat but definitely flatter than most girls in the community.
>>
>>9256243
Agreed, that was rather silly to say the least.
>>
>>9256307
so she lies and is a stuck up narcissistic bitch
>>
>>9256336
I don't know about the narcissistic part but the lying part is for sure. I've been in this community for 7 years and her breakup with one of her last boyfriends was a huge drama.

I don't know the whole story anymore, partly because ppl made up new stories to keep the drama going so if anyone else knows it feel free to fill me in.
>>
File: Gonzo_the_Great.jpg (207KB, 633x750px) Image search: [Google]
Gonzo_the_Great.jpg
207KB, 633x750px
>>9256301
She looks like that muppet Gonzo.
>>
>>9256345
Drama? Care to elaborate a little more anon? I want to use my popcorn for something good.
>>
you guys shouldnt bodyshame her..

you should shame her for being a dirty liar and attention whore
>>
>>9256309
Guys like any form of cleavage as long as you show it.
>>
File: omnia butthurt rant.png (225KB, 543x2220px) Image search: [Google]
omnia butthurt rant.png
225KB, 543x2220px
>We've supported Castlefest for over ten years
>They dropped us for no good reason like the filthy backstabbers they are
>Castlefest is now an evil commercial empire ran by ugly faced jealous people
>If you're fan of us you NEED to boycot them because they are clearly evil now desu
Sounds like Omnia is pretty butthurt about being dropped by Castlefest.
>>
File: snap.png (43KB, 539x418px) Image search: [Google]
snap.png
43KB, 539x418px
>>9256581
But wait, there is more!
>>
File: reply of the staff.png (170KB, 673x1459px) Image search: [Google]
reply of the staff.png
170KB, 673x1459px
>>9256581
>>9256584
And even a response by Mark (not TomoMark) himself. I'm ready to make some popcorn!
>>
>>9256590
And this makes me side with Castlefest. It's a well written, comprehensive and polite letter, compared to the emotional jumble posted in >>9256581
>>
>>9256581
>>9256653
Oooh, this is some good shit.
I love it when in arguments one side comes with "look at these shitty things they said" which in this case, agreed, out of context look really bad for Castlefest and the organisation, but then the other side hits 'em with the full story and goddamn does it pay off. Pass me that popcorn, please!
>>
File: popcorn_10000.jpg (66KB, 771x924px) Image search: [Google]
popcorn_10000.jpg
66KB, 771x924px
>>9256669
What's even better is that the original announcement from Castlefest was professional and straight to the point without sharing any details. Seeing Omnia react with this highly unprofessional tantrum only to have it blow in their face is priceless. Even their own fans in the comment section are siding with Castlefest and reminding others this isn't the first time Omnia got "banned" from a festival/con.
>>
File: HERCULE screenshots.jpg (31KB, 552x451px) Image search: [Google]
HERCULE screenshots.jpg
31KB, 552x451px
>>9256715
>pic semi-related
>>
The whole harumph around the whole wicker ritual is weird though, I don't understand why the fuss.
For about 80% of the people they just look at it because it's pretty.
>>
>>9256763
It's weird, but think of it like Castlefest having a dance demonstration, which Omnia then disrupts by not only yelling at people who are watching it, but them then later trotting through the performance area right as the dancers are about to perform again. It's not a 100% good analogy, but it's all about respect for other events.
From the post, I get the feeling Omnia only cares about Omnia, since they're very loud and "we made you big, we're the best, we don't fucking neeeed you" in the most attention-seeking manner you can nowadays.
>>
File: not-the-bees-nicholas-cage.png (396KB, 1025x424px) Image search: [Google]
not-the-bees-nicholas-cage.png
396KB, 1025x424px
>>9256763
It apparently comes from a Celtic tradition where the Wicker Man was used to sacrifice things and humans to the Gods. With Neo-Paganism being all about these old (imho floaty) traditions it's no surprise the burning of the Wicker Man is considered a big deal.
That, or they are REALLY into bad Nicolas Cage movies...
>>
>>9256812
>bad Nicolas Cage movies
>doesn't even consider the 73 movie
a sage for your sin, anon
>>
>>9256815
What sin? I for one have embraced the One True God in my life!
>>
>>9256490
Lol everything what happened was that she cheated on a guy, guy broke up with her and she just lied about the breakup. She told ppl she broke up with him because he harassed her and such. That's basically all that happened. Ppl just made it bigger than it really was.
>>
File: 1468856269746.jpg (21KB, 626x417px) Image search: [Google]
1468856269746.jpg
21KB, 626x417px
The current thread has reached the bump limit and is headed for the archives. The new Dutch thread can be found at >>9256884
Thread posts: 311
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.