[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dutch Thread: "Delicious Salted-Caramel Popcorn" Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 326
Thread images: 33

File: the_pic_stat_started_it_all.jpg (121KB, 564x801px) Image search: [Google]
the_pic_stat_started_it_all.jpg
121KB, 564x801px
Previous Thread: >>9247136

Previously, on Dutch Thread:
>Fatty-chan hates skinny bitches getting likes just for their bodies
>Terracon predictions: "It will be a train wreck"
>Mandatory TomoTalk, now with added "they aren't as non-profit as they claim to be"
>Cosplayers putting the Netherlands on the map
>3D printing other people's models and selling them for profit
>Buying a car for conventions and 3D Car Tetris
>Trump Cosplay "bet" attention whoring
>How to effenciently pack your bags for cons
>CosplayNL his finally doing something about all the low quality posts
>Ali Express "sale"
>Anon: "Should I go to the MGC Experience?
>TIL who Snufkin is and how I accidentally gave the Dutch Thread a Finnish OP image
>Summer Overwatch cosplay
>Anon: "Is X single?", "Are Y and Z a couple?", "Will I ever find a QT yoai addicted cosplay GF?
>Con organizers and their love-hate relationship with us
>Lots of talking about cosplayers I can't be arsed to list
>Omnia being butthurt over not being welcome at Castlefest anymore

Next five major events:
>MGC Experience (November 19th, Nieuwegein UT), a small convention/gathering for anime and J-culture fans.
>TerraCon (November 27th, Houten UT), another new "con" which may or may not fail.
>Retrocon (November 27th, Rotterdam ZH), a retro gaming fair.
>Midwinter Fantasy Fair (November 10th & 11th, Alphen aan den Rijn ZH), a fair targetted at fantasy lovers.
>Dutch Comic Con Xmas Edition (December 17th & 18th, Utrecht UT), the Christmas themed edition of DCC.

Full Google Calendar by OP can be found at https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=17gim9nkndjpvpnhp1pr64l410%40group.calendar.google.com

Friendly reminders
>Defending yourself on /cgl/ often only makes things worse
>Posts made in Dutch are against the global rules and will be removed
>Nagging is fine, but constructive feedback is better
>Posting pictures of (WIP) /cgl/ items is encouraged

Are you going to MGC Experience this weekend?
http://www.strawpoll.me/11589664
>>
Decided to skip MGC Experience this year. Program is not really interesting and yeah, they have a performer which is nice, but I'm already bored if I think about last year. So a performer will not fix my boredom.
>>
File: terracon_is_alive.png (56KB, 1110x466px) Image search: [Google]
terracon_is_alive.png
56KB, 1110x466px
It seems Terracon is still alive, recently switched management and are giving away tickets on their Facebook page. They also did an interview with AVO in which they claim Terracon will be different as it "offers a fresh look into our other events" and will also have karaoke and food stands next to the previously announced cosplay competition.
They also made a minor update to their programming which now includes having your picture taken with rodents, reptiles or birds. So... any thoughts?

Also here's the link to the interview: http://avo-blog.nl/2016/11/14/avo-blog-interview-illes-dijken-terra-con/
>>
File: potato-quality-boob-armour.jpg (178KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
potato-quality-boob-armour.jpg
178KB, 480x640px

Either this or the Bea-puppet, but that one seemed to give people nightmares.
>>
>>9256914
>thoughts

Why have cosplay on an animal based convention?
>>
>>9256914
They should had just cancelled it. Nobody outside /cgl/ talks about Terracon and with their current "events" there will be hardly anyone willing to pay the €10 entry fee. Just look at their events and you'll find half of it is having your picture taken either alone or with an animal with the latter just feeling slapped on as filler. I can't believe I actually felt sorry for them for being so out of touch with the Dutch anime convention scene...

>>9256940
Why postpone the anime portion to separate from the animal part, only to add the animals back in afterwards?
>>
>>9256939
>Looks at all the clean glued seams on your armour
>Looks at the dirty seams on mine
I know you're actually studying to become a professional prop maker, but holy fuck this is demotivating...
>>
>>9256974
Never watch Ted Smith's stuff, then, kek

>>9256939
Looks good to me! What's the source?
>>
>>9256974
Never give up, practice practice practice, and as >>9256983 advised you NOT to do it... I say do. He will teach you a shit ton of information, and he keeps learning from the community too. I'm a moderator for his twitch channel too. He's the sweetest and will give you tips and techniques.

Also 80% of the people, even in my class, use contact adhesive wrong and wonder why their seams look like shit. I used to be that way too.. Contact adhesive is better than Hot glue.

>>9256983
What source? You mean the reference character?
>>
>>9257017
The Ted Smith thing was a dumb joke, I actually always recommend his videos to anyone who's interested in getting better at foam. It's how I picked up the basics of contact cement.
And yes, I did mean the reference character or general source material, sorry if that was worded ambiguously!

Unrelated to that, but does anyone know what terms I need to slap into Dutch Google to get a result for coloured matte stretch vinyl fabrics? I keep getting results from the US, which is understandable, but I can't figure out how to word it in Dutch so I can't find more local sellers. Aside from that, I also keep getting results for shiny fetish vinyl which is the polar opposite of what I need. I've seen matte stretch vinyl used as an alternative to faux leather, which is the look I need, but I can use bonus of a bit of stretch.
>>
>>9256983
>Never watch Ted Smith's stuff then, kek
Too late, his videos (as well as others) were what convinced me to give my first large scale foam armour a shot.
But no, my dirty seams are mostly just contact glue getting pushed out of the seams making them look horrible. I need to sand all the edges round anyway so I don't really mind it that much. It's not like sanding those few flat seams will be that much extra work and once painted you probably can't even tell it anymore.

>>9257017
>Also 80% of the people, even in my class, use contact adhesive wrong and wonder why their seams look like shit.
Great, I'm the 80%. I really should stop listening to that panicking voice in my head about it letting lose if I don't apply enough. Especially as I know dried glue is stronger than the foam itself... But thanks for the supportive words. I'll definitely post a DIY once I finish work on the back piece.

>Contact adhesive is better than Hot glue.
Nah, hot glue is perfect at a hot convention as long as you want your armour to take off itself halfway during the day. Luckily (or sadly) I've heard plenty of hot glue horror stories here to know better.
>>
File: Cordana_Teufelsang_BLZ_105188.jpg (92KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
Cordana_Teufelsang_BLZ_105188.jpg
92KB, 400x600px
>>9257033
Try waxed-cotton/gewaxt katoen.

The character is Cordana Felsong from World of Warcraft. Pic related

>>9257044
I find that a THIN layer works best, dries quickly. The problem with 'more' glue is that it forms blobs. Contact adhesive works by being applied, let the solvent evaporate (the agent that keeps the adhesive a fluid), and then glue the parts together. If you get the blobs, the solvent will remain on the inside of the seam, and either never set properly and thus open up the seam, or undo the seam slowly. Thin layers are your friend. If you're insecure about the amount, apply one layer, wait until it's dry, apply second layer.
>>
>>9257044
>contact glue getting pushed out of the seams making them look horrible
Ah, I know that problem. I've managed to eliminate that by applying it with a spatula-like object, kind of scraping the glue over the edge so it's applied thin. My work place has like a billion plastic rulers so I've grabbed a pack to use specifically for this purpose, it's working out so far.

>>9257059
Thanks for the tip, and thanks for the picture! Hope you keep us updated, it looks cool.
>>
I'm just an anon working in the Event Management scene in the Netherlands... Terracon actually sought contact with several cons and initiatives to grab more people. The man behind Terracon is known to not give a shit about the well-being of his crowds. Now, I'm a softie. I love the rodent and reptile conventions in the NL, but the ones that he organises are absolute shit. Also, wanting to rent out snakes and other animals for photoshoots with - let's be fair here - often not-quite stable cosplayers? In environments that will cause a high amount of stress for these animals?

Can you say "I can smell the lawsuits from here" ?
>>
>>9257609
Well, bth parties really called eachother names, got offending toward eachother and it was pretty clear that the majority of both parties didn't think the combo was a great idea. And still the idea is pushed forward.... It's just dumb and at this point I'm just like: well, you were warned by so many folks.... Why even go after that?
>>
>>9257609
>I can smell the lawsuits from here
Nah, they'll just put up an A4 stating "We're not responsible for any accidents during animal photoshoots". If it works for a bouncy castle then it also works from a boa constrictor wrapped around your neck /s
But no, I agree with you. It's not just the people that can be in danger here either, the animals themselves can easily get harmed too. Even something as silly as petting a bird can do them harm, ruining the oily coating on their feathers and leaving them struggling or unable to fly once wet. Sure a falconer will tell you not to do it, but that won't stop certain kinds of people...
>>
>>9257531
>Applying it with a spatula-like object
I will try that, thanks!
>>
>>9257703
Or run a piece of scrap foam along the edge, that's what I tend to do if I don't have my glue-spreader.
>>
File: BeaPuppet_sleep_tight.jpg (529KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
BeaPuppet_sleep_tight.jpg
529KB, 800x1200px
She's done. Now it's to wait for the grade.
>>
>>9258659
10/10 anon
>>
To the anon that said I should make mockups for my corset, thank you so so much. I did some more research on different kinds of boning and other haberdashery which would fit particular corsets best, and making a few mockups really helped as I had a pattern that was actually too big. I'm a bit surprised, I really thought it would be so much harder.
>>
>>9258723
You're welcome! I'm glad everything worked out. Will you share some pictures once your corset is done?
>>
>>9258723
>>9258777
Different anon but I'm also interested in progress pictures too! I'd love to make a corset one day but it seems so daunting to me, so it would be cool to see how someone else does it even if it isn't a tutorial or anything!
>>
>>9258723

me too, I love seeing WIP's
>>
Wow... when people are actually kind and helpful on 4chan. I'm glad there are still people like that around here.
>>
>>9258787
stfu fatty
>>
>>9258777
>>9258782
>>9258786
I will once I use my nice fabrics, I have already taken the boning out of the last mockup, so that's not that spectaculair anymore, haha
>>
File: pC8jf5t4eWCDKcMu.jpg (31KB, 600x456px) Image search: [Google]
pC8jf5t4eWCDKcMu.jpg
31KB, 600x456px
>>9258794
>>
>>9258787
/cgl/ is a magical place like that. While we can be extremely harsh we also have our moments of kindness. Such a shame too many people automatically assume it's a hellhole because it's 4chan, a lot of people in the community would fit in perfectly here.
>>
>>9258857
this can be quite the hellhole...
remember the conversations with Brian (GameRoomS) and Angelique (Special edition)?
>>
>>9259471
Maybe not get back into that then. We're doing so well......
>>
>>9259471
Still like the slogan of GameRoomS (not).
>>
>>9259528
well then propose a new one!
Make it a good catching slogan!
>>
>>9259618
If they want to pay me, I am willing to give my time to think of a better one.
>>
>>9259471
I member! Member drunken blackface rant at Animecon? Member alleged GHB druggings? Member when there weren't this many Overwatch cosplays?
>>
>>9259786
>Overwatch
>More like Overkill
>>
File: Untitled.png (1MB, 963x689px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1MB, 963x689px
>>9258659
>>
>>9259884
>lost it
>laughs until she cries

Good job anon. You made my night
>>
>>9259786
Someone just watched South Park...

Btw why haven 't we gad an hetalia netherlands OP image yet?
>>
>>9259903
YW, I figured a lot of anons were already thinking it.
>>
>>9259884
hahahaha, got me thinking of dead silence, puppets can be fairly scary
>>
>>9259922
>Btw why haven 't we gad an hetalia netherlands OP image yet?
Because I saved this one to the wrong directory. Feel free to post any OP image ideas you might have by the way, there is a reason I reused the image dorm my first OP.
>>
File: images.jpg (7KB, 311x162px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 311x162px
>>9259944
Not sure if any of these were used already
>>
>>9260413
>>
File: Netherlands.full.1222147.jpg (1MB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Netherlands.full.1222147.jpg
1MB, 1000x1000px
>>9260416
I am on my way to MGC right now. I'll tell you guys if it is any fun.
>>
>>9260421
>>
>>9260425
I am pretty sure we've had this one already but eh
>>
>>9260426
End of my small stash!
>>
>>9260426
Aaahhh The Nethergundam. The next Gundam cosplay on my list, if I ever get to it.
>>
>>9260421
At MCG right now. Whoohooo dealer build up =.=
>>
or how about our own "anime" Calimero?
>>
>>9260563
Alfred J. Kwak
Boes
Wilbert
Calimero
All dutch + Tv tokuo colabs if im not mistaken.
I know alfred 100% for shure.
>>
>>9260573
Just did a small google serach.
Seabert is France+ Japan
Calimero is Italy + Japan
Maya the bij is German + Japan
Dutch japaneese series are:
Alfred j kwak
Boes
>>
>>9260575
Actually! Calimero was first drawn in Italy, and later was taken over by Japan, but it was still aired in Europe
>>
>>9260579
I know but its not Dutch.
Even i grew up with Calimero in latin amerika
>>
>>9260562
Hope MGC is any fun. :-)
>>
MGC.... at 11:30 they already ran out of toiletpaper and some toilets stopped flushing.
Colour me unhappy. Did notify the staff, but I'm afraid to check back.
>>
>>9260629
Wow... that will be a mess! If it isn't already..
>>
>>9260597
Mostly poor dweebs complaining stuff is too expensive :v
>>
>>9259884
Awesome!
>>
>>9260635

so tru
>>
So other than the lack of toilet paper and expensive stuff, how was MGC?
>>
>>9260428
Thanks for the dump Anon. Except for >>9260416 all these were new. And now I really want a build a Nethergundam kit...
>>
>>9260829
Nah, that sums up MGC perfectly.
Not enough toiletpaper to whipe away the salty tears of expensive disappointment.

But, to be honest, it was perfectly alright for a one-day odd-location con and they had a decent variety of food and dealers.

Also, I'm perfectly certain multiply people put their hands down the toilet to fish out their used "handtowelpapers" (for a lack of better word) after discovering that specific paper would never flush. There were splooshes of water from the toiletbowl to the bin next to it in several toilets... And I once had to do it too because I didn't wish that cloggy shame upon the ten girls in line behind me.
>>
>>9260829
It got boring really fast. It was just small with not much to do. Did someone understand why the cosplay compo winners were Saber and Melisandre? Cause there were really cool armor cosplays I found more impressive (such as the one that got 3rd place). Am I underestimating sewing skills? I'm still trying to wrap my mind about this.
>>
>>9260968
Good sewing is indeed hard. It depends on what the judges look at. But sometimes a fabric costume doesn't show craftsmanship as obvious as armoured costumes do. But in my opinion, sewing is harder than glueing some foam together or heating up some worbla.
>>
>>9260968
>Am I underestimating sewing skills
Probably, although in the end I find foam armours and fabric costumes to be like "apples and pears". Both types require a different set of skills in order to pull off a convincing costume. With foam it's not just a matter of "glueing some foam together" as >>9260979 said. You need to make every individual piece just right, make every detail count and not to mention all the work that goes into a proper paint job which really makes or breaks an armour. The same goes with fabric costumes which require a lot more than just cutting some fabric and sewing everything together. Picking the right materials, using the right stitching method and such make it a lot harder than it might look when you see someone feeding a sewing machine lots of fabric. Honestly I wouldn't mind seeing armours and fabric costumes having their own contests because of how different they are to make.
>>
>>9261070
Ok I maybe made making armour look too easy, but it kinda is to me, so I'm sorry for that. I didn't mean to sound like a dick.

As for the different contests; I kind of agree on that, however, there's already such a high amount of contests, I'm actually wondering if we'd have to go to the american system of 'beginner' 'journeyman' and 'master' categories basically. And if you win in a certain category twice, you move up the scale. Though it can also encourage elitism....

hmm..
>>
>>9260968
Sewing is harder thn it looks. I only make fabric costumes (with lots of layers to it) honestly but if I'm giving a costume my full 100% I might spend a total of 5 days (124 hours) on something like that. Every part has to be perfect, and dont forget that a lot of parts are symmetric, if you slip with your hand just once, that is screwed... also the kind of stitching you use, the way you finish off every seam, the kinds of fabric you use, how straight your seams are... they flip each and every part if you wear a fabric costume to see the quality of your work, it's insane. And I've seen a lot of well deserved winners that only used fabric. Also don't forget that armour could be looking kickass from a distance, but sometimes it looks really fucked up close up.
>>
>>9260829
>>9260635

the fact that shit got expensive is because the yen is on the rise, after the brexit and trump japan is the only stable large economy in the world.
Prices have risen from €0,73 for ¥100 to €0,85 for ¥100
>>
I think the american system would work better, but then again animecon alone has so many contests it isn't a good system.
>>
>>9261451
It had worse periods. I remember €0,95 for ¥100 a few years back due to the strong Japanese economy. Abe took care of it, and it got lower again.
>>
>>9261451
Nah its mostely because i dont have bootleg.
Jeah you can get the same thing for the half of the prics on ali or ebay but i actually sell real items.
>>
>>9261409
>Also don't forget that armour could be looking kickass from a distance, but sometimes it looks really fucked up close up.

This. I've seen many photos of armour that looks great, but then you see the close-up shots in videos or photos and you're like 'oh that's a bit different from what I thought.'

Paint can hide a lot of little things.
>>
>>9261593
paint doesnt hide your unprimed materials though...
>>
>>9261457
Wasn't there a walk on thing last year? on the small stage near the entrance?
>>
>>9261662
>Painting unprimed materials
Who the hell doesn't prime their materials? Priming and clear coating are the two most important steps for a durable paint job.
>>
>>9261687
you'll be surprised how many armour cosplays aren't primed or atleast not properly
>>
>>9261689
Just to make sure I'm not one of those who aren't doing it properly;
>Mask off all velcro and remove/mask any electronics from the suit because I'm not going to make that stupid mistake again.
>Seal the foam with a mixture of wood glue and water, applying several layers brushed in different directions on each layer. Worbla just needs some light sanding and cleaning with window cleaner.
>Prime and sand it slightly twice.
>Apply metallic paints (if any) and seal these parts with clear coat as they don't play nice with acrylics
>Apply thin layers of (spray) acrylics or latex and sand slightly between layers
>Detailing and weathering because nobody likes a clean armour
>Seal it all with two or three layers of clear coat, with an extra layer or two on the parts that will see a lot of friction or rough handling.
Am I missing anything?
>>
File: StillNoDanceBelt.jpg (86KB, 856x1200px) Image search: [Google]
StillNoDanceBelt.jpg
86KB, 856x1200px
I really can't believe someone still didn't talk with him about this. Or the fact he didn't pick up on the shit talking about him.
>>
I regret looking at that picture.
>>
>>9261743
So did I, so I decided everyone could suffer with me heh
>>
>>9261703
Sanding latex acrylics sounds like a bad idea but if it works for you, then it's fine.
>>
File: 20161120_204909.jpg (2MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20161120_204909.jpg
2MB, 4032x2268px
My only sin was not oiling the armour before the contest.
>>
>>9261733
I don't know this guy. He was press at MGC, so far I wanted to look at the picture.
>>
>>9261752
Whoops, I meant light sand only acrylics, not latex. Although I pretty much always skip that step ever since I've moved to Liquitex. Dries fast, covers perfectly and the ability to get markers in the exact same colour for touching up damaged parts is lovely.
>>
File: 1077075.jpg (66KB, 705x285px) Image search: [Google]
1077075.jpg
66KB, 705x285px
>>9260428
I wonder who died?

>>9260511
If you do it, please make the wieken/sails work.
>>
>>9261813
Of course I will. I'll just have to be careful not to hit myself all the time when I do.
>>
File: overwhy2.jpg (242KB, 856x1200px) Image search: [Google]
overwhy2.jpg
242KB, 856x1200px
>>9261733
>I really can't believe someone still didn't talk with him about this. Or the fact he didn't pick up on the shit talking about him.
Me neither. Odds are he just doesn't care or gets off on showing his bulge like this.
>>
File: OC_8Pegq.jpg (42KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
OC_8Pegq.jpg
42KB, 500x500px
>>9261733
Isn't that the dude who plays Stiles Stilinski on Teen Wolf?
>>
>>9261733
Hey I know this guy. He brought a few girls to their hotel on tomocon this year because one of their friends started to feel sick. Pretty nice guy but is usually referred to as a creeper. Such a shame.
>>
>>9261857
this, he is supper nice and a little naive. It's too bad nobody told him he should wear a toc, I feel kind of bad for him this time around...
>>
>>9261857
I noticed, he also got the blame that he was trying to make creepshots with a camera on abunai. While this camera belongs to our cameraman who simply forgot he put it on the floor... We never had the moment to clear his name.
>>
>>9261863
>It's too bad nobody told him he should wear a toc, I feel kind of bad for him this time around...
I don't, as someone who has worn a skinsuit before I can tell you there is NO WAY he didn't notice his bulge after looking down or into a mirror while wearing his outfit. Even if he didn't notice it then he still wore it at Abunai and we (and he) have all seen the pictures and the obvious bulge on it.
Some things don't require pointing out when you have common sense. He knows about the bulge and refuses to do anything about it or doesn't care. No point in feeling sorry for that.
>>
>>9261885
I do agree he's a little odd but doesn't mean harm to anyone. He's usually trying to help people out wherever he can. The one we should really worry about is riri cos.
>>
>>9261896
bringing that one up again eh? The less attention they get, the better. That one thrives on it so stop feeding it's source of food.
>>
I finished the fabric part. Have to cut my boning and sew boning channels next. I used bridal satin and canvas for linning. I was concerned about the wrinkling, because I didn't practice on satin. But its gone once it is tightened even just a little bit, so when the boning is in the corset, the wrinkling will luckily be gone.
>>
>>9262482
That looks amazing. Emma Frost? Or...
>>
How much people are actually going to Terracon?
I would love to go but I don't want to end up a Saturday.
>>
>>9262593
Not going. And I think more people will go to RetroCon.
>>
>>9262593
200m away from MGC exp was a reptile exhibition. so that was practically terracon :P
>>
>>9262605
But did you get to take a picture with a boa constrictor around your neck?
>Captcha wants me to select bicycles
>>
>>9262609
do I want to?
>>
>>9262610
Good point, better make that a python.
>>
Siasity cos is such a terrible person. I've seen her private chats to mutual friends. On her FB she pretends to like people and is super nice to them, but in private and group chats she completely trash talks the same person, going as far as calling them a ho. Better stay away from her....
>>
>>9262671
Ok friend. Unless you got caps, this is just a vendetta
>>
>>9262593
Probably 20 - 30 people will come if I may believe the FB event.
>>
>>9262675
You'll have to take my word for it. If I show caps it will be easy for her to identify me and I don't want that.
>>
>>9262681
So you want to expose her for trash talking people behind their backs, but only if you can do it behind her back?
>>
>>9262692
I'm afraid I have to back him/her up with this. There are indeed screenshots in which she calls many of her friends and other cosplayers (and ex) naive, stupid and many other things.

BUT... There is no reason to randomly start trash-talking about Siasity (or anyone else really) again. If you want to expose her, find another way or show the screenshots. Until then, keep this place clean please. There's already enough trash-talk here.
>>
>>9262676
Just looking at their guest list about half of them are event hosts/organisers, staff members or people from Dynamiccon looking to promote their con. Plus they gave away a few free tickets, so they sold maybe 10 actual tickets so far? If tickets weren't €10 I might had gone to see what a train wreck it is.
>>
>>9262699
Sorry, I guess you guys are right. It was triggered by her Cait post recently where she continued to be super nice to this person which she has called a ho many times before. If you don't like someone don't pretend you do..... I feel sorry for the person, even if I don't like her myself either.

And I like trash talking. I'm a terrible person too. But at least I won't act like I'm your best friend if I trash talk you.
>>
>>9262710
Is that person she's nice to a Kpop fan with one of the worst chin photoshops?(although she got better and removed a few of her worst)
>>
File: sigh.png (303KB, 590x422px) Image search: [Google]
sigh.png
303KB, 590x422px
Just had an argument with my bf that there's more to cosplay than just nerdy guys drooling over scantily clad women, and then this pops up on my FB.
>(bought) bikini
>bikini
>topless
Amazing cosplayers indeed...

sigh
>>
her costume looks exactly like some of these cheap ebay costumes. her progress pictures are alo really fake looking. i call bullshit, she is lying again
>>
>>9262754
Luckily there is a difference between lewd "cosplay" and proper cosplay. Also is it me or is the girl in the middle heavily (and poorly) photoshopped? She has even less skin texture than the other two on there.
>>
>>9262755
I thought the same thing actually. It doesn't like made by her at all.
>>
>>9262755

Can confirm, most things she owns is bought from Taobao. But she pretends to make them, but we basically only see 'finished' parts. We don't really see her using patterns, or a mock-up if you make something. Her Sonico for example? Claims she made it herself, waaay to big, I saw the exact same version with fabrics online. Just a little bit of search does the trick.
>>
>>9262777

i don't understand how she gets away with all of this. her friend sowilu is an elitist when it comes to sewing, how can she accept those lies? are people that dense?
>>
>>9262787
I've literally never heard of both of them until I came here. Sowilu is entirely new to me up until today........?
>>
Disgusting. Do you guys even realize what you're all saying? Siasity did nothing to you to deserve this. You know what? Whatever. Siasity knows exactly whose responsible for this. This is a warning. She also has screenshots.
>>
>>9262710
I appreciate people that are honest. Her caitlyn post was just for her own gain 'omg letz be frienddss' yeah right. The only reason people people like her is because they think she's hot, and sadly enough cosplaynl is full of virgins that drool over pictures like that.
>>
Ergmergerd screenshots r dangerous guyss!!!
>>
>>9262862
>Getting mad over what two people post on the internet and threatening with screen shots that show you bad mouthing people
Okay Anon. I'll give you this special one-time advice; stop caring, let it rest and nobody will give a shit.
>>
>>9262862

Who is then? Because now you are just saying empty words, everyone is Anon here. Even you. So please tell us, who are we?
>>
>>9262862
omg guys I'm scared ;-;
>>
>>9262787
Hi, Sowilu here.. Why would I care? I don't judge people for buying etc. I however can guarantee she does make her own stuff. Some are bought and altered, but who gives a shit about that? It's no competition.
>>
>>9262949

I don't think they care that she buys and alters, but that she lies about making things 100% herself. And the fact we see 0 proof of her crafting except 'end results' It might be that? I don't care if she buys and is fixing things though.
>>
At least she has nice tits so we can look at that.
>>
>>9262949
buying is not the problem... lying is
>>
>>9262862
'Sup Shannon
>>
>>9263019
They're only nice on the pictures. She's almost flat and uses a lot of push-up bra's
>>
>>9263059
What's wrong with that? Not everyone was blessed with wonderful coconuts.
>>
>>9262877
You're probably just an ex who didn't get over her yet.
>>
>>9263065

Sorry but I am not one of her exes. I don't even know how many exes she had/has except for 1.
>>
>>9262949
I like how 95% of the cos community is on dutch thread or has friends on dutch thread just to lurk and respond when their name is posted. Then when they do get posted make sure to reply within 6 hours and maybe make a 'lol got posted on 4chan' post on fb. When did people start seeing this place as the holy ground of defending yourself&friends.
>>
>>9263067
Ohhh draaammaaa! Are we talking about Kyman or that other one?
>>
>>9263074
I only heard about the drama with Kyman as she told that to basically everyone. Don't know the dude though. Who's the other one?
>>
>>9263075
AkumaTenshi. Apparently he has a new girlfriend now but he dated her for a really short time...
>>
>>9263069
Defend people on here? Oh I don't know, maybe because most of the people here are whiny little bitches who simply are afraid to deal with problems as adults. You know.. Talking to someone instead of dumping it in an online trash topic anonymously. I don't give a shit if anyone talks shit about me. Go ahead if you like. But I don't like it being posted about friends. Especially if those things are not true. Everyone is bitching how Siasity may or may not make her own shit. If you however follow more of her social media you'll see she actually post progress. Because based on this theory I don't make my own stuff either since I hardly post any progress on my facebook. Oh shame on me. I'm probably way to arrogant or to elite to post progress right? Make up your theory. I'm interested.
>>
>>9263080
calm your tits, those progress pictures are fake. anyone can put down fabric under a sewing machine.. heck I dont even see pins or other sewing supplies
>>
>>9263059
There's a few nudes out there. They're real and nice. Shame about the face though.
>>
>>9263084
Too bad there's also something called Snapchat where she posts a lot of progress as well.
But hey. If someone can sew, they're lying.
If boobs are big it's not good, if they're flat it's not good.
It's never good enough. Hypocrites everywhere.
Let's bash everyone and post it on 4chan because that makes you great.
Let's see how you fair at sewing.
>>
>>9263084
>>9263111

OHH BURN
>>
>>9263080
my comment was in no way about what was posted pal, I don't care who you are or how siasity makes/buys cosplays.
But if you know it's just bullshit, than be that elitist who knows better than to go whine about it to an audience that just isn't going to agree with you.
>Defending yourself on /cgl/ often only makes things worse
read OP
>>
>>9263079
Wait, he has a new girlfriend? Lol just wait until Siasity hears this... I'm afraid they're not together for long anymore hahaha
>>
>>9263118
Akuma and Siasity never had a relationship BUT OKAY.
>>
>>9263118
Why do you feel the need to ruin relationships?
>>
>>9263120
This.
>>
>>9263080
>>9263111
Sam, don't take things so seriously here. Those two or three anons talking shit are only a fraction of the people in these threads you call "online trash topics", and honestly most of us really don't care about all of this. By responding here you are only adding fuel to the fire and feeding those you currently hate so much. As we've said to many people before, we have the attention span of a goldfish and would had forgotten all about this tomorrow if nobody felt the urge to go full white knight.
Besides, this place is a lot more than the "online trash topic" you see whenever you blindly rush in to defend someone. Both nobodies and higher ups in the scene can vent here, have brutally honest discussions and give feedback, all without having to worry about their status in the community. Is it hypocrite to not do this in public? Yes, but we both know how the Dutch community is and how easy it is to get on the wrong side of people for simply giving your honest opinion on something.
>>
>>9263143
Just want to clear up that the comment with Snapchat wasn't Sam.
But I understand your point but it made me just really angry that I just had to reply for once. e_e
>>
>>9263118
Why would Siasity care? I know his girlfriend... She's pretty sweet. Siasity has no reason to dislike her and I never heard her OR Akuma's name come out of Siasity's mouth even once. Stop caring and trash talking about her when there is nothing happening at all. This is why people think 4chan is an awful place.
>>
>>9263160
Shit listening? Better remake that pic with the other side of the horn up your butt Anon.
>>
File: 1468614939940.jpg (169KB, 640x678px) Image search: [Google]
1468614939940.jpg
169KB, 640x678px
It's so obvious when people come here to defend themselfs. At least lurk a bit more so you won't post like a 13-year old and stand out like a sore thumb.
>>
I like how Sowilu defended the part about making her own costumes, but didn't touch the trash talking part. I guess that's because even Sowilu can't deny that Siasity says the nastiest stuff behind people's backs, people she pretends to be good friends with.

>>9263154
Stop being so naive defending her while she is doing a lot of mean shit. I don't think anyone deserves a friend like Siasity, but that's just my warning/advice.
>>
>>9263171
I know she's doing a lot of mean shit but don't make up stories about her trying to ruin relationships. It's simply not true.
>>
>>9263178
i support this. if she wanted to tear up their relationship she could've done so at Abunai as Akuma already had a relationship there (or at least almost a relationship)
>>
>>9263185
Better yet, they were 4/5 months together at Abunai. Akuma's personal facebook page says "23th of April"
>>
>>9263178
I didn't, that wasn't me.
>>
>>9263114
Dont samefag. Defending someone so tryhard on 4chan just looks silly.
Also because you now made her easy bait for the evil dutch anons, she will be mentioned even more. If you had just ignored it, you would have helped your friend out in a better way. But than again may be you two like negative attention?
>>
>>9261896
Could you please do all of us a favor and tell him to wear one then?
>>9263059
But flat is justice, though!
>>
Why are we talking about someone who's pretty much not bothering the community?
There are way worse people out there, like that Riri Cos. I heard some nasty shit about that guy.
>>
>>9263723
pls shut up. It is getting old now. No one wants to talk about him.
>>
>>9263093

Sauce plz
>>
>>9263111

screenshots of said snapchat pictures or it didnt happen and I highly doubt it... if she had real progress pictures she would have posted them on all her social media accounts, considering the attention whore she really is
>>
Can we quit talking about uninteresting people?

>Not whining about others
Today I'm getting a load of foam in whooooo!
>>
>>9263723
Stop trying to make riri cos happen, it's not gonna happen

>>9263781
Agreed. Getting new materials in is the best! I'll be getting some foam tomorrow (hopefully).
>>
>>9263781
Nice! This week its money week so I will buy soem new materials as well, nothing better thn new things for cosplays
>>
So... Akuma found his tenshi? Heu heu heu
>>
>>9263781
Ahhhh! Nothing is better than freshly bought cosplay materials! I'm hoping you be able to buy some new fabrics this month. I got too many cosplay projects going on.
>>
>>9263807
Get out.
>>
>>9263809
*to be able. Sorry for the typo.
>>
Considering the amount of attention whores I wouldn't be suprised seeing cosplayers take nudes.
>>
>>9263842
Since phones started to have more than decent cameras in them ALL people are taking nudes out the wahoo. Your point, aside from directionless shitflinging?
>>
>>9263843
>Your point, aside from directionless shitflinging?
Probably just some thirsty Anon looking for nudes.
>>
so what do we think of cosboudoir?
>>
>>9263848
I think it's done in a nice and good way, without becoming it straight up porn/erotica. It's not my taste, but it's done well. It could've been so much worse.
>>
>>9263849
i agree, some shots are really pretty

i do dislike the fact that a lot of the characters arent legitly waring lingerie in their respective source material. slapping on a random bra with a wig isnt cosplay and it screams attention whore to me. there are so many characters with lingerie to be found, plc pic one of those

and its jacky & friends all over again
>>
>>9263851
If it suits the character then I have less problems with it actually.
>>
I don't think underwear shoots should be posted on facebook, then again I'm old fashioned. I agree with the 2 anons above, if it's super sonico or something similiar well she has many lingerie figures, but people who take annie from league of legends or even jinx those aren't characters who go parading around in underwear.
>>
>>9263851
Well I guess you can't blame him, since it's easier to just fix friends anyway. And I agree that it should suit the character, at least in expression. Some story telling is good too. I prefer the Black cat shoot over the Katarina one, because you can see some story in the first one, but not really in the latter.

That said, I already liked his normal boudoir shoots. I guess the only tricky thing is making sure it fits the character when start mixing that with cosplay.
>>
File: 1327608334095s.jpg (3KB, 127x111px) Image search: [Google]
1327608334095s.jpg
3KB, 127x111px
This is so problematic.

Lots of white, privileged middle class girls and not even a black woman, nor a transgender.
I don't know why this is happening, probably because they would be shamed. So sad
>>
Cosboudoir can be really nice, but for some i have seen i'd with they would pay more attention to details. Like choice of shoes/stockings. I saw a katarina wearing suede like anke boots with low heel and they were really out of place...

Other than that, yes it can be nice, i want to do it as well. But make my own "lingerie" set so it fits the character more based on materials and color sceme.
>>
>>9263863
What the hell are you talking about
>>
>>9263863
What are you even on about?
>>
>>9263848
Cosboudoir with characters that wouldnt walk around in underwear normally is a huge pet peeve of mine. Especially love live. The girls think short skirts are embarrassing and are minors and then people go and cosplay them in underwear??? Please stop and find something else, there are so many sexy characters.
>>
>>9263872
That, or they could just cosplay a bikini version lol. However with a playful attitude, not a sexy one (as that would be out of character).
>>
>>9263876
That would be an excuse to act like a harlot
>>
>>9263863
Well, Asians are POC too.
>>
>>9263877
Is wearing a bikini an excuse to act like a harlot now? Wow man, better wear a burkini then.
>>
>>9263880
If it's not a beach then yes. Going with a bikin around in fucking November it's cosplaying a moldavian hooker, not a chinese cartoon charachter
>>
>>9263862

too bad that black cat is also a trash talking backstabber. mayby she and siasity should team up together
>>
>>9263883
Beach or pool, you mean. But who would do a bikini cosplay shoot outside of that type of setting anyway? That would also be out of character.
>>
>>9263893
>salty
>>
>>9263893
What are you talking about? That black cat is actually a pretty nice girl. If she's not nice to you then you probably deserved it.
>>
>>9263893
Sounds like some guy couldn't get into her panties. Sorry that not every girl is as easy as Siasity.
>>
>>9263903
I feel like there's some anon just trying to stir shit and drama for his/her enjoyment..
>>
>>9263907
I feel exactly the same.
>>
>>9263907
Which used to be the purpose of /cgl/ but faded over the last few years. Sure is new in here. I wonder if all the people crying about the drama realize they are on 4chan?
>>
>>9263848
I do not see care about it to be honest. I can see how guys could be into it. But as a female, I have no idea why you would want to have your photo taken like that and then posted online for 25 likes. Not my thing at all.
>>
>>9263916
Used to be. Go to the farm or PULL if you want drama, and stop clinging to a romanticised version of what you think /cgl/ was. It wasn't awesome, it wasn't better, in the end the drama made everything absolute and utter shit.

>ur on 4chan lel you HAVE to be a dramamongering cunt
Fuck off with that attitude already.
>>
can we post some nice dutch cosplayer pics for some positivity? i prefer not the really big names but i would like to get to know some cosplayers with less than 1000 likes
>>
>>9263928

And why would I listen to you telling me what to do?

Also whether cgl was better or not is a personal opinion no matter how you look at it. And I doubt you've been here as long as I have.
>>
File: k.jpg (61KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
k.jpg
61KB, 620x620px
>>9263936
>wagging your e-peen this hard
ok anon
>>
>>9263935
we talked about some upcoming cosplayers in the last thread. You can look them up in the archives
>>
>>9263941
what about photographers who are not kyman or jacky?
>>
>>9263944
anon didn't ask for photographers?
But I really like Kaleidoscopy as an upcoming photographer. His work looks promising.
>>
>>9263944
or jeroen
>>
>>9263928
But isn't farm and PULL more about mostly different people than in this thread? For example, no Dutch people have ever been mentioned on PULL, and the only ones ever mentioned on farm were gyaru girls like Chris and Jojo. Not saying stirring up drama is a good thing, but it kind of makes sense people choose this place to gossip about Dutch community people. That said, I always thought PULL was more proper than cgl when it came to drama. From least to worst drama I'd rate it: PULL>cgl>farm.
>>
>>9263944
Black Ring Media is doing quite good
>>
>>9263848
When its well done it can be pretty I guess Jacky's one isn't too bad as mentioned by others it could have gone the wrong way quickly. At least he is making a effort in trying to mix some things up.
>>
>>9263849
Yap totally agree its still tasteful at least
>>
>>9263948
which one? jeroens everywhere
>>
>>9263960
weimar. sorry
>>
>>9263851
Agree cosboudoir is not for every character and no matter how good the photo is if it doesn't fit the character then it doesn't fit it.

I don't understand your comment about jacky & friends all over again ? What do you mean with that? I don't know him personally but from what I see and hear is that he is a very chill guy. And most importantly apparently very trust worthy and maybe the reason why so many people want to do these kinda shoots only with him?

I mean can you imagine that a pandaworks would do these kinda shoot man he creeps me out man.
>>
>>9263860
Disagree with you if it comes down to Jinx for example because if you have played the game then you know she had those skins.

And agree with you that you are old fashion simply because linger or boudoir photos are every where. And I am a lot on CosplayNL as long as I have seen he (jacky) is the only one so far that does not advertise himself in these groups.

So you only see his photos if you have like his page of if you are friends with him on FB. Otherwise you would not see his work, I follow him I don't know him. But at least he has the decency not to trow his boudoir photos in every damn cosplay group like some other photograpers do. Or even worse I saw one photographer who actually ask for lingerie models in CosplayNL REALLY !!!
>>
>>9263916
As an oldfag you should know how 4chan works by now. The boards are dynamic by nature, you can post whatever you want but discussion (or drama) only starts when people are interested in what you've posted. Plus in the old days we only had maybe one or two threads after Animecon and Abunai instead of the non-stop threads we've had since March. I won't have to tell you how impossible it is to fuel these threads on Dutch community drama alone. Besides, nobody likes artificial drama anyway.
>>
>>9263893
salty ! OR maybe you should ask jacky to do a duo shoot of black cat and siasity for your fantasy
>>
>>9263922
hmmmmm don't know but I don't think he does it for the like and mind you he als have a instagram and those photos catch over 100 likes ok just checked even more then that.

From what I hear and know if he did it for the likes he would have shot with more of those famous cosplayers. And he really had plenty chances for that but he doesn't. In comparison to some other photographers
>>
>>9263967
Are you sure it isn't just for your fantasy?
>>
>>9263948
which one of the so many Jeroens LOL
If you mean Jeroen Weimar his work is ok but he is a big jake ass.

Very arrogant and things that everything evolves around him. I heard he make a big fuss with some cosplayers about editing his photos. And secondly yeah he only likes to take photos of famous cosplayers.
>>
File: bobbel.jpg (247KB, 737x1033px) Image search: [Google]
bobbel.jpg
247KB, 737x1033px
>>9263335
>Could you please do all of us a favor and tell him to wear one then?
Would this do the job?
>>
>>9263975
I'm not sure if this guy is dense enough to not get the reference. But someone who is friends with him: please just poke him in PM and tell him kindly to wear a dancer belt.
>>
>>9263848
Straight female here. I really enjoy it actually. It's really sexy. Though the Katarina-shoot is boring.
Wouldn't want to to star in a boudoir shoot myself though.
>>
>>9263972
>I heard he make a big fuss with some cosplayers about editing his photos.
Well in his defence seeing someone slap a shitty Instagram filter over your carefully post-processed shots is a bit degrading. I mean why bother asking someone for a shoot if you're just going to shit all over those pictures before posting it?
Pic is just a mock-up by the way. As a photographer you really don't want to see your name underneath shit like this.
>>
>>9263968
You totally minunderstood everything. as 'for a guy', I ment guys looking at these sorts of photos. But since you mentioned it, do you really think that the photograpger doesn't enjoy photographing females in lingerie? He is still just a guy. Thinking that way is very naive...

25 or 100 likes. 100 likes is not that much either, but that is not the point. as s female, I have no idea why I would want to post almost naked photos of myself online to get likes? I do not get the appeal of it nor do I get what these girls think they will gain from it. May be I'm just oldfashioned like the other anon earlier. So I wasn't talking about the photographer doing it for the likes, but the model. And that's also why it is not my thing, as I mentioned earlier.
Please calm down and read a post again before commenting on it, you didn't understand anything from what I said.
>>
>>9263983
lol Hi Jeroen nice seeing you here aldue you would never admit its you. And you know this is not the case plenty people ask you to edit there nose or there eyes or even their skin and you being arrogant in not agreeing to that makes you a ass.

Its as much as their photo as yours. So stop acting like you are a god of photographer or something because your not
>>
>>9263986
who says I don't understand what you say? And who say I am not calm? From what I read your the one that is making a big fuss about it. Because you might not understand it but there are plenty girls who are not doing it for likes but for self confidence or the fact that they have lost a lot of weight and want to show other the hard work.

Of course its not everybody's thing and that is fine. And it is all about how good you feel in your own skin.
>>
>>9263988
>who says I don't understand what you say?
you? because you answered my post talking about things that had nothing to do with what I was talking about.

I'm not making a fuss at all. I Just told anon my opinion about lingerie shots, like anon asked. And my opinion was that it was not my thing and I didn't get the appeal of it, just like you said right now.
>Of course its not everybody's thing and that is fine

So I have no idea what you are going on about.
>>
>>9263988
Self confidence, or just to feel pretty. A lot of lingerie is actually pretty damn cute, and it's a shame no one can ever see how cute it is too. It's all fashion in the end.
>>
Steamfox is also showing some great work lately. I'm curious to see what she will do in the future
>>
You know what i am a bit jealous about if it comes down to jacky (seeing as he has been mentioned here several times) is how the hell does he get all that free stuff and invites?

I mean it seems like he gets free games from software companies but he doesn't even write of review the games. And he gets invites to game launches and press events. Man I would kill to have that Dishonored 2 collectors edition.

And don't get me bloody started about his boudoirs I like his work but I would have liked it a lot more if I was the photographer. Am I being salty ? Maybe but still something in me is also thinking how the hell does he do that. What do you all think?
>>
>>9263995
Jacky is probably really good at networking. Which is an underestimated skill, yet so important for business. He obviously also has photography skills, but with just good photography skills and no proper promotion of yourself, you still don't come any further in your career. You have to be pro-active.
>>
>>9263987
Wait, my name is Jeroen? IIRC he simply got mad over some people using Instagram filters on his shots and tagging him making in it, making it appear that he made those shots look shitty himself. When it comes to this bit, I can't help but agree with him as it isn't exactly good for your reputation. Not the mention the kick in the nuts you get when someone prefers a shitty filter over your own work...
As for the other shit, refusing to not falsify your looks is all up to him. Personally I prefer it when pictures aren't heavily photoshopped. Things like making your skin look silky smooth, your tits inflated, your waist made tighter, nose corrected, your eyes enlarged and such just ruin a shot for me. It's fake as fuck and everyone knows it, so why bother fooling yourself? Just stick to colour and white balance corrections, maybe play with the curves tool a bit, and keep things real. But do note I don't know him nor have I ever dealt with him, so maybe I'm just missing something in which case feel free to educate me.
>>
>>9263995
>>9264000
Jacky is house photographer at a few events/conventions, right?
>>
>>9264001
No you are pretty spot on with my experiences as a cosplayer with Jeroen. You can always ask him for what kind of atmosphere or shoot you're looking for. If you're looking for something dark, he goes along to find something dark. If you don't really mind, then he has ideas on how to position you and what spots are usable for the shoot. If you're a cosplayer, you can always ask. Ask, ask, ask. Don't expect everything to go according to your plans if you don't speak up.
>>
>>9264003
yeah I think he is house photographer for some brands. I know he is for Firstlook and I think ( not sure) for Capcom and Tsunacon (when they have a convention again that is) for the other stuff I don't know.

But it does seem he is " connected" ? No idea one in a while I see some thank you or shout outs from people that he has arrange some stuff for cosplayers.
>>
>>9264000
Jacky also works for aniway I thought. So it's probably them that sends him towards events, but I may be wrong or have outdated information
>>
>>9264000
Hmmmm ok agree and true networking is a under estimated skill I actually have no idea what he does for work or is he a full time photographer?

I do know I have seen some wedding photos coming by as well. Promoting yourself is hard man I would have no idea how to do that without coming across as arrogant. Maybe its my self confidence, but generally speaking its hard to find dirt on him.

Is there a anon here that knows him?
>>
>>9264001
agree with all you said BUT there is always a but :-) if you as a cosplayer are not happy with the photo no matter if its your face or any other parts. If you really are not happy with it then you should not post the photo on social media right?

in that sense I think the cosplayer has just as much rights as the photographer correct or not? (serious question) then you should not post it. But guess what he does ;-) yap he does it anyways. And in my books that make you ass and selfish.

Then the educational part apparently the rumour goes he does that a lot of times and he did this as well with some " famous" cosplayer (non dutch but a guess from Animecon don't know which one). He posted the photo without any consent and the guess complained about it
>>
>>9264013
Jacky has networked alot, but is also an extremely hard worker so those connections recommend him to other people in the industry.

It also helps that he is one of the nicest, most helpful guys in the scene.
>>
>>9264003
Yes, I believe so. Animecon and First Look, if I'm correct?
>>
>>9264013
>Promoting yourself is hard man I would have no idea how to do that without coming across as arrogant
Agreed, come to think of it I would love to see a lecture on networking, social media presence or "shameless self-promotion" at a con. Although knowing me there have been several of these and I just missed them.
>>
>>9264021
>>9264013

I find consciously networking hard. It's like I'm selling myself and it feels dishonest. However, I generally just strike up conversations and have a laugh. That works very well too. I mean, I used to be a photographer in the Railway industry. Nothing felt more intimidating than approaching the CEO and his management of the Deutche Bahn for a chat. But honestly, it was quite fun. I also had a good laugh with AnsaldoBreda, when they were still around for the Fyra.

Now... I just ran around London, visiting theatres, asking if they had workshops and propshops. Sometimes you get an e-mail address, sometimes a phone number. it's just opening your mouth, and especially IRL or a phonecall are effective, because an e-mail can be ignored, as well as a message.

The reason I am going to LA is because I opened up my mouth and just asked if I could come and visit my favourite studio. Not because I wanted to sell myself as a propmaker, but because I wanted to see it, I wanted to try and see if I could just visit. And now I can use the opportunity as a networking opportunity.

Sometimes, it doesn't look like networking at all, until you realise you might want to keep in contact with someone. Sometimes, it just looks like having a moment of fun over a drink in a convention or conference. I hope that helps.
>>
I pity you heaux for talking trash about Kimara.
The only reason someone would talk trash about her is probably because they have rocksalt up their punany or a very very dry dry dry salt desert between their legs.

She can have a bit of a attitude now and then but seriously who doesn't now a days? Instead of talking shit about someone you barely even know, how about y'all niggas start seasoning your goddamn chicken with different herbs and spices instead of only using pure ass-salt.

Fuck outta here Bitch
>>
>I find consciously networking hard. It's like I'm selling myself and it feels dishonest.

Exactly how I feel. As if you are having a job interview.
>>
>heaux
GeenStijl?
>>
>>9263987
lol there was an entire post about post-editing picture on cosplayNL, he's not the only one who thinks like this, just saying
>>
>>9264016
didn't he do this with a picture of Yaya Han? or was that someone else?
>>
>>9264016
The right thing to do would definitely be to let the model decide, I'll give you that. However if you've agreed to giving (or sharing) the rights over the shots to him there is very little you can do about it. But again, I have no idea how the process goes with him.
>>
>>9264032
Exactly fucking this.
>>
>>9264032
who now?
>>
>>9264032
>>9264041
Be a dear and link to the meanie post so passersby like myself know who the fuck you're talking about tia
>>
>>9264048
black cat cosboudoir
>>
>>9264032
I love how you devote so much poorly formed text just to say "fuck you for bad-mouthing Kimara".
>>
>>9264032
Please just go back to facebook you're emberrassing yourself.
>>
>>9264032
When was she even posted? Ive read nor heard nothing bad about 'er here. Shes a cosplayer right? For what Ive seen shes just a small name with decent to good costumes
>>
>>9264081
This. No one was badmouthing her I think? All I saw was a 'the black cat shoot was better than the katrina shoot' but that may be just me not paying enough attention.
>>
>>9264032
hi pedro, you do realise you are making this worse right? people had already moved on to the next subject
>>
>>9264032
>punany
>y'all niggas
>goddamn chicken
I get you're pissed about someone bashing her, but your writing style makes it pretty obvious who you might be. Just a heads up.
>>9264084
Actually it was me mentioning that (and yes that was a compliment to her). But another anon replied to me how she was a backstabber and blablabla. I just ignored it, since most people already came to her defense anyway. Then it kind of cooled down, only to be brought up again by >>9264032.
>>
>>9264092
>>9264097
lol you were ahead of me there.
>>
>>9263893
Oh yeah black cat. Total whore. Didnt sleep with me or anything but thats why she's a slut
>>
>>9264123
I bet she even showers naked!
>>
and still I see no pictures, at least give us that
>>
>>9263987
Jeroen took a photo of me during a convention. When he posted all the photos online I noticed that a bit of my hair was showing from underneath my wig. I asked Jeroen if it wasn't to much trouble to shop those hairs away. And he kindly agreed to it.
I don't think Jeroen has any problem editing the photo's, if it is within his style. Also I can understand that photographers can get angry when you edit their photo's without permission and also upload then with their name on it. If it is a really shitty edit like >>9263983, It stil has Jeroen's name on it. So people might think this is his actual taste in photography.
>>
>>9264128
You know what I heard? Underneath her clothes she's not wearing any clothes. THAT SLUT!
>>
>>9263848
I think it's trashy and adds to the idea that cosplay is about pleasing horny nerds more than love for the source material. I consider women who often do 'boudoir' shoots and have a Patreon for that to be making softcore porn more than cosplay. I can have some respect for the ones who own up to that, but most of them don't.
>>
>>9264145
>I can have some respect for the ones who own up to that, but most of them don't.
A thousand times this. I don't mind people doing those kind of shoots, but at least admit what you're doing is more about satisfying the fapping needs of weebs rather than cosplay.
>>
>>9264039
I really have no idea but yeah it was guess from Yaya han kaliber I think the guest was from Asia
>>
>>9264017
Cant judge about if he us nice or not but I do see that he works and is helpful.

He just comes across as professional kinda like no busshit and lets gets shit done kinda guy. I follow his work now and then ( didn't like his page but i do lurk on it XD) and the amount of shoots and work he does in a year is insane.
>>
>>9264165
But what if someone does it for the clothes aesthetics? I mean, don't most girls cosplay Love Live because of the cute clothes too?
>>
>>9264173
Exactly. From what I know, Jacky is an awesome guy who works really hard for what he does. And he loves it too. And in my opinion, watching someone do what they love, is one of the most beautiful things. Like a pianist playing his favourite piece of music. Or an actor losing himself in his role and shining on stage. Passionate people are beautiful in a way...
>>
>>9264032
You forgot to mention your fucking tea.
>>
>>9264194
now we will never know if he spilled the tea or not
>>
>>9263987
Please learn how 2 English properly. Your posts are making my head hurt.
>>
>>9264208
2 = to
Just saying if you correct someone don't use " short" hand text either.
and secondly its 4chan LOL
>>
>>9264210
>>
>>9264210
Your retarded English makes your posts ITT really easy to identify.
>>
Gulls, please don't feed the dramaqueer.
>>
I think I am missing something, but OK. Soon we will hit the 300.
>>
>>9264223
Honestly you've missed nothing this thread was a mess.
>>
>>9264174
There are cute clothes that cover more than just your nipples and genitalia. And let's be honest, most lingerie/bikini 'cosplay' shots use really simple or cheaply made lingerie/bikinis. It's not about how cute a bra is, it's about the tiddies it's showing off.
See >>9262754
>such amazing much cosplay very aesthetic
>>
File: cosplayrental.png (226KB, 748x336px) Image search: [Google]
cosplayrental.png
226KB, 748x336px
Oh boy, I can't wait to try on dirty ill-fitting cosplays with the smell of a thousand weebs at Dynamic Con! This makes it worth the €20 entrance fee /s
>>
>>9264230
Oh god no, I don't know how anyone would approve of this idea. Stuffing sweaty nerds into costumes sounds good for the first 2 or so people, but god have mercy on your soul if you're further down the line.
>>
>>9264230
Oh god, as if there aren't enough cosplayers who have ill-fitting, sweaty costumes of themselves.
>>
>>9264223
>>9264224
310 posts or 150 images is the current bump limit on /cgl/. And yes, especially the second half of this thread was a mess. At least we've got some new OP images, >>9259884 which made me lose it and a perfect title for the next thread out of it.
>>
>>9264230
Well... their main guest is Kinpatsu Cosplay, I guess that is the reason why the entrance is €20?
>>
>>9264225
Agreed, also wtf at the guy that suddenly advertises 'I do lingerie shoots too' great way to give me the creeper vibes. Also I have done a pool photoshoot for confidence: that's why I keep those pictures for myself instead of posting them online.
>>
>>9264277
Some girls actually see it as an accomplishment because rather than keeping her pictures to herself, she shows it to everyone to proof to herself that she's proud of her body now. People keep forgetting that mosts girls in the community were bullied in the past. There are boundaries that shouldn't be crossed when it comes to boudior and swimsuit shoots of course.
>>
>>9264277
>'I do lingerie shoots too'
I wonder how many shoots it takes for someone to stop caring about what their models are, or rather are not wearing.
>>
>>9264283
That sounds more insecure than anything, to be honest. If you're truly confident in your own body now, why do you need other people's validation (and fapping neckbeards) to prove this to yourself? Of course it's more confident than people who are too afraid to show off at all but someone who is truly secure in their self-worth doesn't need that kind of superficial validation. Plus, many lingerie shoots are shopped to hell.
>>
>>9264287
>I'll even do nude shoots if you INSIST...
What if a fat hairy guy wants to do a lingerie shoot, though? Or does that not fit in with their artistic vision?
>>
>>9264225
>There are cute clothes that cover more than just your nipples and genitalia.
But that's not the same! Idk maybe you really have to be a fashionista to appreciate it.. Sometimes lingerie can be really cute or beautiful. But those cosplays of the picture obviously have poor taste in fashion though. The OC cosplay I attached here is really cute on the other hand (in my opinion at least). Of course, you can argue that she just slapped on something she bought, but that also counts for bought cosplay in general.
>>
>>9264235
It still cracks me up. I saved it.

I can't wait for the autosage, this was a trainwreck.
>>
>>9264301
Me too.
>>
>>9264299
I appreciate fashion but I'd rather not have strange dudes jack off to my pictures.
>>
>>9264306
Yeah alright, I do understand that. Sometimes I wish we could have a safe space for women on the internet to be able to share these type of pictures only with other women.
>>
>>9264306
I wouldn't mind that, but I'm not degrading myself by posting fanservice pictures and then lying about the reason.
>>
>>9264301
Me three
>>
>>9264306
>I'd rather not have strange dudes jack off to my pictures.
Too late, we already have.
>>
Im entertained at least the threads not dead.
>>
>>9264306
Ah well.. with a cute picture of your face it can also happen. So....
>>
File: dccxmans_compo.png (558KB, 594x665px) Image search: [Google]
dccxmans_compo.png
558KB, 594x665px
Dutch Comic Con has opened the registrations for the cosplay competition, which will act as a preliminary round for DCC in March. Are any of you planning on competing?
>>
>>9264321
>>9264328
I guess it's quite naive to think that a guy has never fapped over one of your pictures as a woman. That said, I simply don't get why anyone would fap over someone they've never been with. Aside from creepy, isn't it really awkward when you happen to run into that person? And is it that hard just to fantasize about a non existing person when doing it? Sure seeing hot men turns me on too, but I don't feel the need to flip to it.
>>
>>9264369
Fantasize about a non existing person like every weeb you mean.
>>
>>9264385
Haha good one, but I meant just someone I make up in my mind.
>>
Now that dynamicon or something is inviting a decently known cosplayer so many people want to jump on the fail train.
>>
>>9264453
Why fail train?
I thought Terra-con was the fail train.
>>
Wish before going to bed: When I wake up in the morning, this thread will be in autosage.
>>
File: dragon.gif (2MB, 439x243px) Image search: [Google]
dragon.gif
2MB, 439x243px
>>9264464
Your wish has been granted
>>
>>9264466
Thank you Shenron!
>>
>>9263995
>>9264000
>>9264003
Free, yes networking is half of what gets you in there. But the other half is that most of the organizations love to have "good enough" photographers that are willing to work for free or in exchange for some goodies and a pat on the back, because they are often on a budget. If you look at photo's on countless instagram accounts his skill isn’t that crazy impressive. I think that's part of the reason why there is often heavy coloring and filters in the photos. If you'd see the pictures without all the messy filters on top most of the shots can be a bit boring. At his level he’s probably not earning a full living from photography alone. I don't think he does right? And that's not to put him down, but because the level is just that high when you look at random photography pages that are actually about photography. Elfia is another example draws a larger crowd than the usual few photographers at anime conventions and you can always see some great pictures coming by after every event. But for the sake of argument, you could be the happy couple having this hanging above your fireplace. Taste differs from person to person of course, so you should just put your money where yor happiness is.
http://scontent-ams3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/12091398_458787047657734_6485321695099815264_o.jpg
>>
Sup other gull who can't sleep?
>>
>>9264642
Nothing much, mostly annoyed about how boring this season of South Park is while still keeping me hooked, hoping it will pick up at some point. How bout you?
>>
>>9264637
www.instagram.com/wedphotoinspiration
www.instagram.com/igpodium_portraits
www.instagram.com/streetdreamsmag
>>
>>9264642
And how

'Not Being Able to Sleep' is sponsored by your 1 year old neighbour.
>>
>>9264663
Ouch, that's gotta suck. Member when you could sleep like a rose about a year ago?
>>
>>9264649
>>9264663
And here I was thinking I'm the only one disliking this season for its slow pacing which seems to be leading nowhere. At least we'll get the second (proper) game soon which should be like a season worth of content.

>And how 'Not Being Able to Sleep' is sponsored by your 1 year old neighbour.
You actually made me double check out of my window to see any other lights burning in my street. My neighbours too got a kid about a year ago and that little hell spawn has been keeping me up ever since. I've already moved my bed, play soft music in the background and yet I still hear his cries. Why do we have to be hardwired to react to crying kids damnit, I don't even want kids!
>>
>>9264679
You nailed it exactly with that description. The curse is that the premise seems to be promising at the beginning of the season but it went nowhere starting from episode 3.
The game was fantastic. Hope the second one will be just as good or better.
>>
>>9264691
Exactly, and every time things start getting interesting they cut away to "yet another memberberries" bit or the episode is suddenly over making you wonder if this is really it or if the download was missing the episode's finale. It's almost as if Matt and Trey want us all to edge all season long until the very end. Hopefully they'll deliver a decent finale...
>>
>>9264699
At some point I thought they might be doing something genius by having two different episodes prepared and would show the corresponding episode depending on the election results. But no, just more memberberries stuff that's so ridiculous it completely takes me out of the other 8 story lines they have going on.
>>
>>9264704
>Memberberries
>Giant Douche vs Turd Sandwich elections
>Skankhunt and /b/ vs Trolltrace
>Heidi's social suicide
>PC Cartman, social murder for the greater good, girls are smart and funny, going to Mars to flee from it all
>Gentlemen's club and preparing for pissed woman everywhere
>Butters taking a stand after getting dumped, enrolling in the Gentlemen's Club and wanting to get to Mars as well
At this point I'm only watching to see how they will manage to turn this into one big finale. I wouldn't be surprised if it ends in a message about it being wrong for us to betray each other out of fear, how we should be able to say what's on our mind without having to worry about PC race/gender neutrality bullshit, how nostalgia is not a great driving force for the future and how there is no fleeing from reality, not even on Mars.

(Inb4 off-topic posts, we've already reached autosage anyway)
>>
File: bunch-of-sage-leaves.jpg (23KB, 700x466px) Image search: [Google]
bunch-of-sage-leaves.jpg
23KB, 700x466px
Current thread is on auto-sage. The new thread can be found at >>9264740
>>
>>9264224
a shame really, it started off so well
>>
>>9264637
I never paid much attention to his work, but that is an horrible edit. Let's hope it is his older work and he improved from this.
>>
>>9264334
I'm competing! My cosplay isn't impressive/big/sexy but I want some experience/get rid of stagefright.
Thread posts: 326
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.