[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 322
Thread images: 101

File: tumblr_mj9ipeGaNH1rvbjx3o1_500.gif (710KB, 500x284px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mj9ipeGaNH1rvbjx3o1_500.gif
710KB, 500x284px
Last thread is in autosage.
Ask for help, advice, and give answers.
>>
Should I just get a wig for every cosplay since my hairline is fucking my shit up?

Tryna do Nathan Drake, but I doubt I can get my hair to look right.

Regarding the costume, obviously only have the basic stuff right now, but I'm working on making the shoulder holster, and am wearing these clothes come rain or shine to give them a more worn in look. Also waiting on one of those watch straps that he's got. Still trying to get rid of that baby fat stuck on my face too.
>>
File: DSC_0109.jpg (2MB, 2848x4288px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0109.jpg
2MB, 2848x4288px
>>9079227
Meant to post this pic with it.
>>
File: OH MY GOD JC.jpg (42KB, 770x887px) Image search: [Google]
OH MY GOD JC.jpg
42KB, 770x887px
Does anyone have a full image of the candy bars from Deus Ex? I want to print out the labels and cover up actual candy bars and pass them out as JC Denton.
>>
File: 2rnudrl.jpg (139KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2rnudrl.jpg
139KB, 1280x720px
I took some advice on what bodyline shoe sizes to buy and they turned out to be waaaaay too big.
I have 9 hours to figure out how to make them fit.

here's things I've tried (which didn't work)
>wearing extra thick socks
>stuffing the toe of the shoe
>stuffing the heel of the shoe
>using double sided tape to keep my feet in

the worst of all? they're platforms, my foot slips out and its timbeeerrr
>>
>>9079570
What about doing all of the above at the same time?
>>
So I don't have much experience with circle lenses. I used to wear them casually for like one or two hours at a time but I've never used them for cosplay or a con before.

I have a pair of lenses I'm going to be wearing to a con next month. I have yet to open them. Anyone have any tips for having the most comfortable experience possible when wearing them for a con?
>>
File: Tenga.Hajime.full.1982077.jpg (404KB, 870x1100px) Image search: [Google]
Tenga.Hajime.full.1982077.jpg
404KB, 870x1100px
How can I replicate Tenga's glasses? They have green frames but not on the top. Would it be viable to get a pair of frameless glasses and paint them green around the sides?
>>
>>9079227
yes, unless you're doing a cosplay that includes a shaved head or a shaved part in your head, wigs will be superior in damn near every case and most wigless cosplays are sloppy as fuck

>>9079570
buy insoles. how many sizes bigger are they anyway? I have two pairs that are a size or a half size too big and I can wear them fine, it's just a bit weird having my feet go up and down in them

>>9079668
buy eye drops and apply regularly, every hour or two. this question should've been asked earlier desu, we can't help much if you got the wrong base curve or if you got some contacts that aren't very breathable
maybe the ladies in the circle lens thread will be able to help more
>>
>>9079932
tried the insoles, they're about an inch bigger.
>>
>>9079708
You could also use foam/worbla/whatever pieces and just glue them onto frameless glasses. The green bits definitely look like they have definition, so painting them on might look weird from certain angles.
>>
hair related question because there is no hair general at the moment. How do I get semi permanent colour to leave my hair? I tried baking soda and shampoo and it faded a bit but I thought it would leave when I bleached it but it hasn't at all, so what do?
>>
File: latest.png (611KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
611KB, 500x750px
I need a cable knit jumper with a really wide neck. I can either find pain textured jumpers with the perfect neck, or cable knit jumpers with a too-small neck. Would it be possible to stretch out the neck of a cable knit jumper?
>>
File: dzz91810_wine_xl_2.jpg (174KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
dzz91810_wine_xl_2.jpg
174KB, 1000x1500px
>>9079952

I'm considering stretching out the neck of this jumper.
>>
>>9079952
yeah, what you have to do is get the entire thing wet (just take a shower with it on or something) and stretch it to the position you want

or get the jumper wet and stretch it over a computer chair until it dries

I tried the shower method a few days ago myself, it should work for you
>>
>>9079959

Thanks! Did you find taht you needed to compensate for the extra wideness by taking it in under the armpits, or anything like that?
>>
>>9079708
I have a pair of glasses similar to those! On eBay if you look up the name of the purple haired girl from Tokyo Ghoul (I can't remember her name and can't be bothered to look) paired with "cosplay glasses," you'll get results of similar framed glasses with lenses that can pop out. Then you can just take the lenses out, paint the red parts green, and put those bad boys right back in, easy as pie.
>>
>>9079946
they sell colour stripper in stores, please buy that instead of ruining your hair with bad bad things

>>9079955
it might work but it might also fuck with the pattern, so as long as you're ok with that

>>9079938
fuck knows then, buy properly sized shoes next time and actually measure instead of eyeballing
stuffing the toe really doesn't work at all?
>>
>>9079952
Before when ive tried stretching things like that they just went kind of baggy/saggy.

Found some kind of similar ones:
http://www.yoins.com/Crew-Neck-Cable-Jumper-in-Red-p-1014654.html
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NWT-St-Johns-Bay-Womens-Knit-Acrylic-L-S-Boat-Neck-Sweater-Solid-Red-PM-/371669763536?hash=item56893e85d0:g:xXgAAOSwPYZU~ysS
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hazel-Red-Cable-Knit-Long-Sleeve-Boat-Neckline-Sweater-Top-Size-XS-/361611085235?hash=item5431b345b3:g:wu8AAOSwMNxXatby

The ebay ones are from this search http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=boat+neck+red+knit+sweater&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xboat+neck+red+knit+sweater+cable.TRS0&_nkw=boat+neck+red+knit+sweater+cable&_sacat=0
>>
>>9079997

Thank you! Those are all in the US so the price shoots up a fair bit with shipping and exchange rates (I'm in Australia), but they are closer than what I was finding inside the country.
>>
>>9079989
the issue is my heels popping out really. I bought heel inserts but even then my heels are too narrow. this is why i always wear flip flops
>>
>>9079570
I would advise you to insert foam into the toe of the shoes, and insert heel grips. You could also try adding insoles with those two methods too. If they don't fit after that, then I'm afraid you're all out of luck.
>>
>>9079952
would definitely see if you can find something premade that's closer to her jumper, I find that wool blends don't tend to sit right after they've been stretched out.
Also I really hope you're going to post pictures of this! Diana is the sweetest and I am so in love with ZTD right now
>>
File: KJ87V6a.png (144KB, 637x352px) Image search: [Google]
KJ87V6a.png
144KB, 637x352px
What would be the best material to use to make the wands from Little Witch Academia?
>>
Hey gulls. I know a lot of you wear circle lenses and I didn't see a contact lenses board up. I went to the doctor and the like and she said I have astigmatism but not bad enough for a prescription and to get 0.00s.

So, I went to honeycolor and got SuperPinkys and I'm cleaning them and all. making sure they are the 'bowl' shape and the like. But I'm still having trouble putting them in. When I do it either rolls back onto the tip of my finger, which I rerinse then make sure my finger is dryer then my eye.. or it folds into my bottom eyelid when I pull down. I've tried many different ways on youtube, but to no luck. I had it stuck half-way to my eye and tried to push it up into my cornea but it ended up sticking back to my finger.

The doc said I'm supposidly flinching when I'm working on it so I've been practicing without the contact and going to gently touch my eyeball and I flinch like crazy. Is there any suggestions, or any reason why the contact won't slide into my eye but into my bottom eyelid? Or do I just need to practice more-- I'm doing this for cosplay since my eyes are blue andtthe character's eyes are black. Thanks.
>>
Which fabric should I use for my Breath of the Wild Link tunic? I'm thinking a cotton blend or maybe even linen, but I'm not very well versed on fabric and it's been a while since I've cosplayed. I'm going to bite the bullet and commission actual leather for the belts, baldric, gloves and boots, but I'm a bit confused as to what to use for the tunic. I compiled a lot of references in this imgur gallery in case anybody needs them for their upcoming projects or also wants to cosplay him or just need to see more references. Thanks, /cgl/! http://imgur.com/a/rldD7

>>9079227 Yeah, always use a wig. Go for a lacefront if your character has an exposed hairline. If you have a big to average size head, Arda usually has you covered there.

>>9079528
You might want to go check out The Modeler's Resource and if it's on there you can put the 3d model file into a 3d image viewing software such as Maya or Blender. Then once you can see each side of them you could make a high quality vector it in Photoshop and print it. You might have to do some digging for the file though, try asking /vr/ or /vg/.
>>
>>9080180
Shit, I put the wrong link (huehue) on there. Sorry about that! Here it is. http://imgur.com/a/R7m00
>>
>>9079708
The shape is a little off, but these are pretty good otherwise, just get a low strength or pop the lenses out
http://www.readers.com/clover-round-reader.html?on=Lime+Green%2FBlack~%2B3.25
>>
>>9080180
All the wigs on Arda are too long. None are even close to the style I'm looking for.
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 241x555px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 241x555px
How would I go about attaching the armour pieces to this suit? Hot glue seems like a terrible idea.

I'm intending to use foam, if that helps too.
>>
>>9080325
You have to man up and cut a wig. Get a razor comb it makes it easy to cut and keep it natural looking
>>
>>9080327
Use velcro strips
>>
>>9080327
Magnets or snaps or velcro
>>
>>9079932
Thanks. Was planning to buy eye drops so I'll defs apply every hour or so.

I was mostly concerned about if they have to be "broken in" before wearing for a long period of time. I plan to wear them about a week before the event to adjust to them a bit.
>>
>>9080059

Thanks, I'll try to buy the closest one I can within budget! Hopefully all will go well and I'll post pics down the track.

So far all I've got is a cheap costume jewellery version of the bluebird necklace, which I've actually had since before VLR even came out, and has been sitting in my jewellery box taunting me to cosplay either Luna or Diana for the longest time.
>>
>>9080340
>>9080401

Even for the hip pieces? Or should I sew those in with a hole to remove the foam?
>>
>>9080327
E6000 is my suggestion. Oooor try using E6000 or contact cement to glue some black fabric to the bottom of your foam crescents, then discreetly stitch that to your bodysuit.

Hot glue is iffy not on the spandex side, but on the foam side. I made a dragon costume that had big plate scales up and down the limbs. What I did was used contact cement to adhere pieces of felt to the craft foam scales, then used hot glue to join the felt to spandex. I found that when I hot glued the foam directly, the foam would tear when pulled on. I've since washed the suit multiple times with no problem.
>>
File: Untitled.png (126KB, 293x488px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
126KB, 293x488px
Is there a specific brand of paint anyone has in mind to paint on tights, like Homura's purple diamonds?
>>
File: may-acc.jpg (1MB, 1767x2500px) Image search: [Google]
may-acc.jpg
1MB, 1767x2500px
Anyone know where I can get shoes like May's?
>>
>>9081300
tulip fabric paint -- not the puffy kind. also make sure you wear the tights while you paint them and while they dry or else regret
>>
>>9081505
Just make boot covers. Her shoes aren't very complicated.
>>
>>9080138
They slide on your eyelid because you blink.
About them turning on your finger, check if you're placing them on the right side, the side that goes in your eye should be a little opaque or have the colored lines going over the black lines instead of the opposite.

I have narrow eyes so what I do is I pull down my lower eyelids and place the lens right under the iris, then press it a bit to remove air bubbles. Then just blink a few times to get it in place.

Some lens cases will come with a stick with a silicone round tip you can use to hold the lens and place it in your eyes.
>>
>>9081794
Any good tutorials? I'm still pretty new
>>
File: tumblr_nqxuxoWj3U1t8bw9io1_500.jpg (119KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nqxuxoWj3U1t8bw9io1_500.jpg
119KB, 500x667px
How do you tell Lolita, Casual Lolita and Otome apart? I lurked so many threads but can't figure it out. I'm so goddamn confused.
>>
File: image.jpg (253KB, 477x1672px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
253KB, 477x1672px
>>9081940
This one is pretty solid, GL on your May!
>>
>>9081955
Thanks, Sorry for my plebness
>>
>>9080138
Practice more! I've been wearing daily contact lenses for about a decade, and I still remember having an intensely rough time trying to put them in the first day.It took me several hours of willpower and poking my eyeball to teach my eyelids "no, it won't hurt you to get poked for a second; just stay open"

Some tips that work for me (you may already know them; I don't know how many get shared on Youtube):
>Balance the lens on the curve of your finger - the part where it turns from flat on the tip to flat on the fingerprint. This way your lens is sharing as little surface area as possible with your finger.
>Tap in the contact from bottom to top - the bottom of the contact should "seal" with your eyeball first, then the top.
>Flick your eyes down after putting the contact in (ie look down for a second while keeping your head in the same position)
>Use a mirror that is hanging on the wall, not sitting on a table at an angle.
>>
File: ss+(2016-07-02+at+08.03.03).jpg (69KB, 541x516px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-07-02+at+08.03.03).jpg
69KB, 541x516px
I'm trying to learn to make patterns in an attempt to improve my cosplay construction, so reading this book on pattern making and I'm trying to order all the things I need.

Most of it's pretty straightforward but I can't figure out what the fuck kind of ruler it wants me to use for this part. At the beginning of the book it lists all the supplies and it mentions a "18 x 2-inch plastic rule (flexible for measuring curves)" so I'm assuming that's what is pictured here but I can't find anything fitting that description online, it seems like a normal plastic ruler would just snap. My first though was just to use measuring tape like the kind you use to take measurements on a person but it says specifically not to.

Does anyone know of a ruler like that or something I can use as an alternative? Would a generic plastic ruler not snap?
>>
>>9081945
Lolita is the overall style. Marked by the poofy skirt and doll like accessories

Otome doesn't have Puffy skirts, although some otome pieces could fit a lolita petticoat just fine. It doesn't look as dolly as lolita, not having "ott otome". It is overall just a feminine fashion.

Casual lolita uses known lolita pieces and aesthetic in a more subtle way, not carrying as many accessories and details. Think about the difference between when you plan a coord for weeks for a meet and when you grab whatever to go out with friends to watch a movie wearing lolita.
>>
>>9081945
>Lolita
Has many different forms, some of which can be defined by the known substyles and others which are a bit in the grey area (classic-sweet etc.), can be toned down or OTT as the wearer desires, and can usually be broken down into consistent components (headdress, OP/blouse/JSK/skirt, petticoat, socks/tights, shoes, bag, parasol)

>Casual lolita
Depends on the individual as far as I can tell.
Someone who wears OTT often will see simpler pieces and coords as casual, while someone else whose usual style is simple may have a different idea of what casual lolita is (plain OP/cutsew+skirt with a small petticoat/no petticoat, a hair clip instead of a headbow, plain socks/shoes/purse, minimal to no accessories).
For example, the pic you included in your post can count as casual classic lolita imo but again it depends on the individual, someone else may disagree with me.

>Otome
There's a debate on whether this is an actual style or not but I won't get into that now.
Compared to the basic standard of lolita fashion, otome has less emphasis on cohesiveness within coords (items don't have to match in color by 100%), petticoats aren't necessary and when used they provide minimal poof, and unlike in lolita, shorts and trousers can be worn as well as long as they're cute and fit the "maidenly" aesthetic of the style.

I'd throw in some pics to illustrate my points better but I should be heading to bed. I hope this helps clear things up a bit though.
>>
>>9082823
Google "French curve sewing"
It's a specific ruler that has all the arm holes, collar and waist curves you need
>>
Can anyone suggest characters who wear outfits that could pass as zentai suits? (IE, Spidergwen, DVA) I'm not a fan of how plugsuits look as them (pic related, a bit too flat and not like latex) but am interested in them.
>>
File: Screenshot_5.jpg (79KB, 1053x653px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_5.jpg
79KB, 1053x653px
guys aren't supposed to wear these. right?
>>
Hi /cgl. How do I find the fabric of this coat or how do I achieve this look for a fabric I really have?
>>
>>9083334
I'd like to know this too. That looks like a Topshop rain mac. I have yet to see plastic like this in stores, but you can find it in organza and spandex (obviously not waterproof though). Try searching for hologram or holographic fabric.
>>
>>9083334
Looks like a holographic lame or similar.
>>
>>9083197
Nothing wrong with those. Wear what works for your face type.
>>
>>9083173
Never seen the show before but Evangelion characters.
>>
>>9080340
>>9080401
>velco
If your suit is spandex or lycra then DO NOT USE VELCRO. Velcro chews up those fabrics and leaves a fuzzy, pilly mess.
>>
File: image.png (133KB, 238x579px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
133KB, 238x579px
Would sharpie work for the black streaks in his hair? If not, can anyone suggest anything better?
>>
File: Louise_render.png (79KB, 343x603px) Image search: [Google]
Louise_render.png
79KB, 343x603px
What's the best way to achieve this dress shape and translate it into real life? Sewing something in the hem?
It's pretty much a triangle and I feel like recreating the exact shape would look weird irl.
I'm already planning on wearing a binder
>>
File: shin-jeongho-11-900-all.jpg (241KB, 1920x600px) Image search: [Google]
shin-jeongho-11-900-all.jpg
241KB, 1920x600px
Trying to do wings for pic related, anyone have any ideas on how to fabricate these? I can't find anything for wings folded in this way and really dislike how typical angel wings look, trying to do something realistic.
>>
>>9084251
Also, if anyone has any easier tutorials on realistic armor it would be much appreciated. I'm kind of a novice.
>>
File: tumblr_mkxjvjXft71s5drvyo3_1280.jpg (131KB, 1255x703px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mkxjvjXft71s5drvyo3_1280.jpg
131KB, 1255x703px
>>9083827
>>
A while ago I saw this super cute cosplay of Metallica from the witch and the hundred knight but I lost it and can't seem to find it anywhere online - anyone happen to have it?
>>
File: voltron_interview4-1200x675.jpg (138KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
voltron_interview4-1200x675.jpg
138KB, 1200x675px
>>9083173
What about the Voltron reboot? Pretty close to plugsuits but less gaudy.

Also Mitsuru Kirijou/Yukari Takeba in Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, they both have pretty skin-tight outfits.
>>
>>9082870
Well that's something I'm going to buy anyway but most don't have measurements on them and the ones that do are kind of weird shaped but I suppose it could work if I really needed to. Any other ideas?
>>
>>9084034
If you do it with a fabric with a bit of stretch, you can overlock the hem while pulling it a bit and it will look kinda like that.
>>
>>9084255
Google is your friend.
>>
File: Mccree_portrait.png (421KB, 748x691px) Image search: [Google]
Mccree_portrait.png
421KB, 748x691px
What would be a good way to make macree's serape without buying a giant loom?
>>
File: oh BABY.jpg (161KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
oh BABY.jpg
161KB, 640x960px
>>9084633
fabric paint, pic related
>>
>>9084647
Thanks. I thought of that but wasn't sure it was the best way to go.
>>
>>9084633
Find someone else who has a giant loom
>>
>>9082134
>>9081928

Thanks gulls. I tried this and it still wasn't working.. So I tried pinching the corner of the lenses and looked all the way to the side and got them in that way. Thanks for the tips! :D
>>
how can you tell if you own a replica? i bought chess chocolate off lace market a long while back and now i never wear lolita and i want to sell it, but im not completely sure its authentic upon further inspection and im not comfortable with selling it if its not. ive looked everywhere but theres not a lot of advice out there, only arguments about if replicas are moral or not. if it helps, theres no angelic pretty tag on the inside, which was the first thing that threw me off. but im not even sure if they tag everything.
>>
>>9084901
Check the lace, does it match photos online? The tag can be on the inside of the collar, the side of the bodice, or in the side seam of the skirt. Does it have pockets? If there is no tag (not even a wash tag) and no pockets, it's likely a replica.
>>
>>9084901

If it's a main piece, it'll be tagged. The only things burando doesn't tag are the small items they can't fit the tag on, ie- the small ribbon combs/hairclips, and the headbow on special sets sometimes don't get tagged. Regular release headbows and barettes will be tagged.

As for where to find the brand tags:
- quarter shirred dresses, brand tag will be on the back bodice, next to where the shirring starts.
- non shirred dresses, brand tag will be on the back, next to the zipper
- Chess Chocolate skirt: brand tag is on the back of the skirt (not next to the zipper)
- half-shirred dresses (ie- the back is fully shirred), brand tag will be in the skirt seam.

For Chess Chocolate, ignore the lace, this is one release where Oo Jia specially made lace for. Do check how well the lace is gathered, most replica makers skimp on that and simply attach the lace stretched out.

Check the weave of the fabric. Chess Chocolate is printed on cotton twill, you should be able to see distinct diagonal lines when you look at the fabric really close.
>>
File: racereward[1].jpg (84KB, 1600x434px) Image search: [Google]
racereward[1].jpg
84KB, 1600x434px
How hard would it be to create a wolfs head for a newbie?

I wanted to tackle this helm, but it seems its waaaaay to hard for a newbie. Also the leathery parts would have to be covered in fur.
>>
File: df244.jpg (238KB, 1184x1080px) Image search: [Google]
df244.jpg
238KB, 1184x1080px
I'm trying to make a cosplay bow. Anyone have any idea/tips on how to make a bowstring be able to draw and release when the bow itself doesn't move and the string material isn't elastic?

I thought about running the string inside pvc pipe and attaching it to a couple of long springs of some sort, but I lack the engineering skillz to even know how to do that.
>>
>>9085475

Any reason to overcomplicate things and not just go with an elastic string?
>>
>>9085477
Yeah. The string glows like in the picture so I'm using EL wire. It's a "magical" bow with no conventional string.
>>
File: engineeringanonymous.jpg (36KB, 505x538px) Image search: [Google]
engineeringanonymous.jpg
36KB, 505x538px
>>9085478
Oh, then i would just tie/glue it to an elastic material inside the bow.

I would fix the EL wire at either the bottom or top of the bow where the switch to power it would be placed. And have the other end tied to some elastic that would be affixed in the inside of the bow. So you would actually only pull out the string at the top.

Shittiest paint picture possible for reference. This should work as long as eevrything is attached to solid/sturdy parts, and the point where the EL wire extends into the bow is solid enough to handle the pressure of the wire pulling down on it a bit.
>>
>>9085486
What type of elastic material would be good to use? I believe the bowstring has to stretch out about 61cm to reach a "drawn" position and I'm worried the length of the elastic material required would make it exposed when pulled back.
>>
File: engineeringanonymous.jpg (97KB, 1078x538px) Image search: [Google]
engineeringanonymous.jpg
97KB, 1078x538px
>>9085495

You can do the measurements on the floor. Lay down the bow, and how the string should look in full draw.

Then check how far into the bow the string would need to be pulled in to make it appear taut. This 2.0 version lets you put enough EL wire into the bow to overdraw a whole bunch, but leading the string into the bow might make you lose your sanity especially if the bow is already finished. I hope my shitty paint drawings are somewhat clear tough.

I would go the super cheap route and use the elastics for pants.Mostly because i know they go back into their shape well, and they are not super tough to stretch out.
>>
>>9085507
That's interesting. I would have never thought to lead the elastic around inside the pipe.

Will try out this method and see how it works. Thanks much!
>>
>>9079946
Bleach can force the colour further into the hair shaft
>>
>>9085475
You may want to check your convention guidelines about Bow strings. I know some places don't allow tight bowstrings.
>>
File: DSC_0005.jpg (224KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0005.jpg
224KB, 720x1280px
I made Gray Fullbuster's ice cannon, but I'm not really happy with the outcome. I want to make the handles round, but don't know how to do it properly, the actual ones on pic related are coming off, so you can't hold them.
I also need advice on how to add smaller tubes in the between the octagons and how to create them.
>>
File: image.png (4KB, 278x320px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
4KB, 278x320px
How the fuck do I transport a big, fragile costume? I'm driving to the hotel but I've got no idea how to get a giant hoop skirt and 1.5 metre tall weapon up to my room when I get there and I'm terrified of anything getting damaged. Anyone got any tips? Is there a good way to ask hotel staff for help with my giant nerd costume? I am lost.
>>
File: ss+(2016-06-21+at+11.22.09).jpg (72KB, 398x438px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-06-21+at+11.22.09).jpg
72KB, 398x438px
>>9085778
also where can i find the inner necklace and a choker like that?
>>
hey please help, i feel i've fucked up.
bought my first wig and it's curly (starlet vanille from lockshop) and i knew i shouldn'tve bought a curly one but it just goes so well with my dress. i'm not sure what i did to it to make it look like this, but all the hairs are pretty much everywhere. i only brushed my hands through it a little bit, haven't combed through the entire thing with a brush or anything.

TL;DR its super frizzy looking how do i make it not do this
thank you!
>>
>>9086337
Grab a section and twirl, it guides them back to their position
>>
File: 12280-505421128.png (120KB, 256x512px) Image search: [Google]
12280-505421128.png
120KB, 256x512px
I'm looking for a good store for a Celestia Ludenberg wig. *Ebay or Taobao prefered*
Most of the ones ive seen seem to have very droopy drills
>>
>>9085834
Hoopskirt:
>make a figure 8 with the hoop
>fold in half
>place in plastic zip up back of apropriate size. I use one that I got some bedding in or something.
>>
>>9086371
i've been trying that, but they don't stay too well. is there any kind of product i can put into it to make it stay a little better? i feel like hairspray would make it look/feel gross.
>>
File: image.jpg (105KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105KB, 750x1334px
Did anyone buy this trunks cosplay? If you did does it have any pockets on it and does it come with a fake sword and carrier
>>
My proportions are off for all the blouses ive seen. If the shirt fits in the chest its way too big in the waist. Tailoring options are expensive and ive even seen horror stories on /cgl/ of wrong measurements for the tailored items on the fault of the seller who offered to tailor the blouse in the first place. Would it be better to just go through the more expensive option of paying extra for tailored clothes or should i buy the larger size and pay a local tailor for the alterations? Would the larger shirts look funny to be altered in such a way like would they look off at all?
>>
File: Scadi_PC_BlogImage.jpg (2MB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
Scadi_PC_BlogImage.jpg
2MB, 2048x1152px
Any ideas about making the spear? My plan is to make it out of expanding foam, but I'd like to know of there's a way to make it more "ice-like".
>>
File: sdf241.jpg (19KB, 272x272px) Image search: [Google]
sdf241.jpg
19KB, 272x272px
Any tips on making wool clothing weathered and "worn in" without looking destroyed? Only tips I can find via google are concerning armor or drastic destruction like apocalypse/zombie clothing where you tear things.

Was thinking of something more in the style of a medieval peasant.
>>
Does anyone have advice/experience for shipping worbla armor?
I completed a commission of a choker and need to ship it to Florida in July. With no idea of what to anticipate for the shipping process (I'm sure it'll be hot though) what precautions can I take to make sure it doesn't go soft on it's way to the customer?
>>
>>9086539
Take it outside and stomp on it in the dirt. Get it good and dusty and dirt-caked and disgusting, then wash it. If you really grind the grime in first, you should end up with some nice stains and such that make it look a little field-worn.

I'd take a decent chunk of scrap fabric of the same material and test it first, see how it comes out of the wash and determine whether you want more or less dirt and go from there.
>>
I'm new to cosplay in general but I want to attempt making a kamen rider helmet and suit, specifically Kamen Rider W.

What kind of materials are usually used for a costume like that?

Would I be able to find most of them at a craft/hobby shop(if any still exist near me)?
>>
File: mock.jpg (406KB, 1000x1201px) Image search: [Google]
mock.jpg
406KB, 1000x1201px
Does anyone have any experience with undoing the shearing on mock smock fabric? Just want to know it can be done and wont look weird before buying several yards of this stuff.
>>
>>9086460

How big is the difference? If we're talking C cups, or maybe D or E cups and you don't mind the waist being a little looser, then you should be fairly fine.

If we're talking big drastic F, G-cup torpedos, then you're better off getting them tailor made from scratch. The fabric needs to go over your boobs vertically as well as horizontally, so making the blouse a bigger cup size is likely to distort the waistline on the blouse. The distortion is less obvious on a smaller cup size, or if you take in less at the waist, so obviously the bigger your cup size, the bigger the distortion.

Pay attention to the whether there's any decorations around the waist area that are near seams as well, those are likely to get cut off when the waist is altered smaller.
>>
>>9086539

It's easier if you start out with the right stuff, pick a "dirty" sort of colour and use a more "hairy" yarn (not mohair, just a yarn that kind of looks a bit fuzzy to begin with).

Then, you can tea-dye it to make it look stained. Either drop it into some tea that doesn't cover the whole thing, then turn it over, so that some parts are submerged longer in the tea than others, to get an uneven dye, or drop splatters of tea onto your clothing. Wait a while, set in two parts vinegar, one part water, and some salt. After that you should be able to wash them like normal.

To mess up the knit and make it look fuzzy, you can drag a bit of sandpaper or emery board across it, try to snag some threads and pull them out.

To get a dirt effect, instead of rubbing it in actual dirt and stomping on your clothes, use ground coffee instead. Just rub it into the knit until some of it sticks in between the threads. Wash this seperately from your other clothes, though, coffee can stain, and while it's less effective than tea dyeing the last thing you want is to accidentally stain your other clothes with it. You'll also have to reapply this after each wash, the coffee mostly comes out pretty easily.
>>
>>9082823
Look online for flexible curve rulers - they're a thing, and they're not the same as french curves/hip curves.

>>9079952
You could also take out the collar - on cheaper sweaters it's generally a seperate piece that's sewn to the body with thread or crochet chain stitch. Stretch that, cut the neckline wider, and sew it back on. Though you'll have to edge the neckline with something to keep it from fraying - either a nice sturdy chain stitch or a machine overlock.

>>9080138
As others have said - practice. I assume you're trying a technique where you hold both eyelids open? That helped me with the flinching when I was starting out.
>>
File: image.jpg (132KB, 1280x1810px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
132KB, 1280x1810px
I'm not very good at props, so forgive the stupid. I assume making the mask would be best with paper mâché, but I was wondering about how to go about making sure the indented areas, such as the circle up front, are even and clean. I've looked up some tutorials but they're all pretty uneven or lumpy.
>>
>>9083367
I work at Topshop. Can confirm this is it. It's a plastic, similar to grandma's old tablecloths where it's fabric on one side and makes a lot of noise. I can check more specifics when I'm off my break.
>>
File: akuki_rengo.jpg (222KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
akuki_rengo.jpg
222KB, 1000x500px
I wanted to do antler Russia. My question is how big should the horns be so I can go through doors and not poke people out? And how would I put the antlers through my wig?
>>
>>9086974

homestuck is your friend here. real antlers are going to be heavy as fuck and not stable on your mounting hardware
>>
Guys....what do I do? I'm going to cosplay a character that requires armsocks and I completely botched dying them. No one near me sells lavender tights or just stretch lavender fabric. The con is in five days....am I just fucked?
>>
>>9086805
Do most blouses stretch a bit? Ive looked at a lot of blouses and unfortunately most also dont fit my shoulders by a little bit. Anything i could look for?
>>
File: image.jpg (70KB, 750x672px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70KB, 750x672px
Anyone know where i can find trunks sword where its not made out of steel at a reasonable price, like 40-60 dollars
>>
>>9087392

Not at all. If the difference is only 1cm, you can try it. Anything beyond 2cm you'll feel like the Hulk.

Cutsews are made from t-shirt material and have decent stretch.

You can try looking at collared blouses or Korean office lady blouses from norrmie stores/ebay/taobao as well, but it takes a lot of sifting and a practiced eye to find the odd loliable blouse from the duds.
>>
I'm thinking on starting a series of tutorials directed to cosplayers about electronics.

What kind of info/projects would you like to see in something like this?
>>
>>9086839

It's hard to tell if a jumper I'm buying online will have a collar like that but it *is* fairly cheap, so fingers crossed! That's a good idea!

>>9086850
Yoo zero time dillemma friend!

I would probably not go with papier mache , unless you make it super super hard and resistant with some other coating, since you'll be breathing inside the helmet all day and making it humid and ultimately wrecking the paper. I'd look at Deadmau5 mask tutorials as I see that cosplayed a lot. http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-make-your-own-Deadmau5-Mau5head/
>>
File: image.png (794KB, 594x889px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
794KB, 594x889px
Cosplaying Niles soon and want to go all out. I'm confident Id make a decent looking one since I always get compliments from women while im cashiering at work and my friends always joke that I'm the pretty boy of the group all the time (I honestly don't see it but w/e) plus I have a peanut butter brown complexion and I fucking love Niles he's lewd, sicknasty and my best unit. I want to wear makeup but I have never worn it for cosplays or in general. Anyone know of a good makeup tutorial for guys? I want to do my best brown bro some justice without looking like a drag queen. Thanks in advance guys.
>>
>>9087698
Putting lights in shit
Like kagune (Tokyo ghoul)
Love live dresses
And many more
So I guess LED tutorial. That's a good place to start. So many cosplays would look so much better if they just had LED
>>
>>9086850
Also planning on making Q at some point and I had the same idea with paper mache, just make sure you have some kind of frame/base underneath! Unless you have a million layers of pm on there, it may not hold its shape.
>>
>>9087698
Can one-way mirror film be utilized in stuff like gundam cosplay or helmets that have lit up eyes?

My idea was that it could reflect the light so you could see past the light source without eye strain.
>>
Every tutorial I see for custom replica guns has the paint job look horrible. Anyone have one that goes in depth with how to paint it well?
>>
>>9087892
Believe it or not, you’ve been lied to all your life—there’s no such thing as one-way mirror glass.

Glass either lets light through or reflects it, but there’s no glass that lets light through one way and reflects it the other way. The glass in police shows is partially reflective (on both sides). The key is that the room on the prisoner’s side is brightly lit, so the reflection washes out the small amount of light from the observers’ side.

At best, you can have mirror eyes.
>>
>>9087931
No that was what I meant
The idea is that the area behind it would be dark, where your face is.
>>
I'm doing a death from deadpool game cosplay and I'm having body paint nightmares there's a cosplay contest coming up soon think I'll be ok just doing the black detail and not ghetto white base makeup
>>
>>9087976
Then, from your perspective, you'd be looking at mirrors, and everyone else would see your eyes.
>>
>>9087988
Wait sorry, other way, people would see mirrors, but if you shine a light on the mirrored edge, you'd still be shining a bright light in your eyes.
>>
>>9087980
I mean, you probably won't win anything, but it'll look not awful without the white base. Especially if you're white. If you don't want to paint your arms, make arm socks. Or suck it up and buy body paint, sponges, brushes and sealers. As someone who does this cosplay, most other ones I see piss me off, but mostly due to costume construction. At least everyone attempts the full makeup, albeit the black makeup on the arms.
>>
>>9087627
I am too new i wouldnt be able to make good choices and im afraid ill end up ita if i do it alone. In order to avoid itaness i had decided to get the largest size blouses and have them tailored at a local place in town so i can get measurements right. It will also be nice to lose weight and modivate me to lose more. This may be my best option. But if im making a huge noob mistake or anything id love to be called out on it so i do this right. I know the ita phase is inevitable but i want to get it out of the way. Concrit will be my life cause my fee fees arent as important as becoming adorable.
>>
>>9087989
Alrighty then, thanks. If I can figure out how to do that without eye strain maybe it could work..
>>
>>9088138
If you're doing a mecha cosplay, my advice would be to made LED eyes in a place other than where your eyes actually go, and have eyeholes somewhere else.

You could probably also rig something with pinhole cameras if you're super good at electronics, but I wouldn't recommend it.
>>
>>9087709
Ah! I completely forgot about Deadmau5! Thanks, anon, that'll be really helpful!

>>9087889
If you didn't see the above anon, they had a great idea for a base reference!
>>
>>9088142
I was thinking of kamen rider, though I'd like to try gundam too maybe.
>>
>>9079118
Trying to do a cosplay for Andre from Prison School, I was wondering if I should use the liquid latex I ordered to make the large earlobes to also make a false flap of skin to glue on to my chin and neck to make me seem fater
>>
File: imas.jpg (1MB, 1800x750px) Image search: [Google]
imas.jpg
1MB, 1800x750px
Does anyone know where there's a good database of transparent Idolmaster cards (for cosplay reference)? Looking for these ones specifically.
>>
File: tumblr_nqlg6otfNy1r193sio5_500.png (328KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nqlg6otfNy1r193sio5_500.png
328KB, 500x500px
What type of paints would I need to use on a Inflatable shark in order to make it look like pic. Want the paint to be waterproof in case I actually take it into water
>>
>>9087512
You tried Ali and Ebay? The only other place would be Taobao maybe. Or make it yourself.
>>
>>9087004
I was using this tutorial. http://why-not-chaos.deviantart.com/art/DIY-Antler-Tutorial-by-Chaos-Costumes-502717337

The issue is the size because Russia has the biggest ones. But I can look up the homestuck tutorials probably for putting them through.
>>
>>9087082

go get a pair of white ones and a can of nice quality artist spraypaint (liquitex and montana). if you only need lavender you can do light coats while they're on you
>>
Not sure if this is the place to ask, but is there a proper name or lolibrary tag for sack dresses in lolita? I really like the look of the ones IW's put out but can't seem to find any that are short sleeved.
>>
Any tips on styling/cutting a wig like this?
>>
>>9086403
You thought about making it yourself anon? I know a few places but don't know your budget.
>>
>>9086437
Anon you can try asking for pockets. It probably doesn't come with the sword or it's extra
>>
>>9088168
Can you post of picture of Andre?
>>
>>9087830
If you have a friend who's experienced in makeup, have them do it for you or show you how to do it. Luckily you're cosplaying someone who doesn't require much makeup, use foundation + concealer and brown eyeliner with mascara. I personally love the look of guys with a ton of mascara but I feel like that's not a widely held opinion, haha, so you should probably have a light hand with it. Make sure your foundation and concealer match your skin to a t or else it'll look terrible. Good luck man.
>>
File: image.jpg (100KB, 750x968px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100KB, 750x968px
>>9088422

Tried ebay and most was live steel and overpriced or just a swird without the scabbard. Ill try ali since i didnt before, but i did find this on amazon, so i could get any sword really and besides, trunks sword isnt anything too special anyway
>>
Is there any way to make white faux fur more "natural" and varied in color? All I have is typical fabric store material that is bright bleach white.

Pic related is the kind of fur look I want.
>>
>>9089368
I've seen people dilute brown/black paint with water and brush it on. It gives a pretty good effect. Definitely look for some tutorials from fursuiters, they would know best.
>>
Does anyone have recommendations for entry level sewing machines? Looking for something to pick up sewing and get into cosplay with and don't want to accidentally go toy-tier.
>>
>>9089388
All I can seem to find using that technique are people who paint entire sections a different color. How do you paint it so there's a natural blend?
>>
>>9086337
Advice- Don't buy lock shops new wigs unless you plan to wear it once for like 30 mins
I used a shittonne of hair serum on mine to smooth it out
>>
>>9088428

Definitely look up tavros horn tutorials. The horizontal placing is closer to what you need.
>>
Which type of EL wire is the absolute brightest? It seems like every website that sells EL wire claims to have a product that is "the brightest". Not sure which type to get.
>>
>>9089485
Janome 2200xt
>>
>>9089658
sigh yeah i guess i agree with that seeing my poor wig's state after wearing it out once for... 30 minutes lmao
ill keep that in consideration next time, thanks!
>>
>>9088896
You thought about buying a sword and modifying it?
>>
>>9089485
Janome HD1000. 300 bucks on amazon prime right now. Nice and heavy, but no fancy stitches. I have owned one for a few years without a whole lot of trouble. But you know what, I guarantee you have a friend or friend's mom who has one gathering dust they'd let you borrow.
>>
So this isn't about cosplay but rather j-fash, I'm dying to buy from WEGO but they don't ship internationally, is there some 'middleman' company or something I could use to get their products to the US?
>>
>>9090638
Any Japanese shopping service should be able to buy from them. Look up Japonica Market, ZenMarket, or FromJapan.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (455KB, 1575x1641px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
455KB, 1575x1641px
God my Junkrat wig sucks
Help me please, how can I improve it
>>
>>9090658
Wave it through a large fire a couple times.

Don't quote me on that. I know nothing about artistic quality.
>>
File: Side view.jpg (118KB, 672x749px) Image search: [Google]
Side view.jpg
118KB, 672x749px
>>9090661
I need help styling it first
Then I can burn it for realism
Help me with styling pls
>>
>>9090658
Throw it in the trash, buy a lace front wig and commission someone to style it for you.

I know his hair is messy but this is just terribly cut.

If you try to run it over fire like other anon said the hair will shrink and twist and end up like public hair so don't do it.
>>
File: clubcutting.gif (73KB, 569x731px) Image search: [Google]
clubcutting.gif
73KB, 569x731px
>>9090658
>>9090682
Order a new one and continue practicing hair cutting and styling while waiting for the new one to come it. And order a lace front with a widow's peak.

Don't hold your scissors straight across when cutting, angle them so the top of the scissors is a little more forward than the bottom.
>>
>>9090686
>>9090709
I'm at the edge of my budget, I can't afford another wig, especially not a front lace one.
Is there any way at all to salvage this wig?
>>
>>9085454
I would highly suggest looking at realistic fursuit heads. There are tons of tutorials out there. Although if don't feel as if you have the skills for constructing one, another route you could go is tracking down a latex wolf mask (or something like it) and altering it to fit your needs
>>
>>9088658
start with a wig with bangs, and rub some hair wax into the tips of the points. for the smaller points off to the side use a curling iron with hair wax on the last half inch or so to keep it all together and give it more shape
>>
>>9090728
Nope, you done fucked up anon
>>
>>9090682
this won't burn the way you want it to, the fibres will just melt and twist together and you'll have a disgusting, frizzy mess.
>>
>>9083859
Black hair chalk.
>>
File: BIGFELLA.jpg (162KB, 754x495px) Image search: [Google]
BIGFELLA.jpg
162KB, 754x495px
I know nothing about sewing. For this guy my plan is to buy a solid green tracksuit and then sew on all the red and white panels. Would that be a feasible first project once I teach myself the fundamentals of needlework? Crush my dreams /cgl/ what am I overlooking
>>
>>9092078
The cuffs are red knit, not red panels sewn on. Good luck finding red knit cuffs to put on.

Actually you could just cut the tops off a pair of women's socks and sew them on
>>
>>9092078
It's easier if you buy it and undo the seams with a seam ripper. Then you can lay the pieces flat open and cut off parts and copy the shape on white and red fabric.

It's going to take a long as fuck time but you'll learn more about construction and sewing and it will look better than trying to add them on top.

Remember to look for the same material of the original tracksuit or at least very similar
>>
File: waifu flag.png (26KB, 371x448px) Image search: [Google]
waifu flag.png
26KB, 371x448px
what do you call those waifu flags? it's a dakimakura pillow case held up by some makeshift pole. i've seen pictures before unintentionally but i don't know if it has a specific search term. i need to find the pictures again for inspo. have a shitty doodle to put my point across.
>>
I finally bought a couple of those weird donut ring hair bun things. The were the smallest size available but it appears they're still too big.

Is there any way for me to smallen them? Like cut a few layers off, or will that just ruin them?
>>
>>9088674
I have seen a couple of tutorials, But I would rather buy just to be on the safe side. I am quite new to Wig styling so Something like Celestias drills is quite complex for me for now.

Somewhere around the $20-$30 area would be Ideal.
>>
>>9088212
Transparent... you mean like this? http://transparent-imas.tumblr.com/archive (not sure if the ones your searching for are there)
>>
>>9093502
I think they mean the Card bases without the Characters.
I saw them not long ago But I can't remember where.
>>
I often see people having some cast or something of their body with something that looks like duct tape. How do you actually do that? I figured that you would just wrap your body in duct tape and then like cut it open or someshit. But idk if that would be stable or not
>>
>>9093540

It's pretty much just as you said

http://so-sew-easy.com/diy-duct-tape-dress-form/
>>
I'm trying to make Tsuyu's bodysuit, but I can't decide what fabric to use - I was thinking lycra/spandex but her sleeves look loose while the rest is tight...Should I just make the whole outfit spandex and tight?
>>
File: 4X8 Pink Foam.jpg (13KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
4X8 Pink Foam.jpg
13KB, 300x225px
What kind of knife or cutting tool would work best for making swords with insulation foam?

I've made props with insulation foam before,but usually cut it with what ever I have laying around and rely on sanding to clean my shitty cuts
>>
I haven't done many cosplays (like 4), but I'm trying to more often. Need help with a wayward vagabond cosplay. Any tips accepted. Also wondering if I should make a mask out of paper mache or just cloth around me.
>>
>>9089561
Tea dye it?
>>
File: hgsfg.jpg (17KB, 161x166px) Image search: [Google]
hgsfg.jpg
17KB, 161x166px
I need these little hardware bits on this diving helmet, but I don't know what to search for. Any ideas on what these are called?
>>
>>9094202
Woop, I realized there are a few types of hardware. Specifically I am trying to find the two eyelet/tiedown rings.
>>
>>9093951
Well, there are knives made for cutting foam, you can look those up, but honestly, a knife with a smooth blade should do just fine--like a box cutter, just make sure it's slightly longer than your foam is thick. It's actually common to sand out the edges.
>>
File: 1 - CymZzDm.png (1MB, 1023x670px) Image search: [Google]
1 - CymZzDm.png
1MB, 1023x670px
Anywhere good to buy fabric for his shorts that has that very faint camo to it? Or should I just opt for a stronger camo fabric/plain green shorts?

Alternatively any pre-made pants work too. Everything I can find has really strong camo print to it though, or added pockets.
>>
>>9094306
paint it.
>>
File: ModelPX_concept.jpg (81KB, 486x426px) Image search: [Google]
ModelPX_concept.jpg
81KB, 486x426px
How do I go about doing a cosplay like this without looking like an idiot/awful? I want it to have the chunky feel, but obviously I don't have chibi proportions, so I feel like that would look really odd/off
>>
File: Neferpitou_appearence_2011.jpg (104KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
Neferpitou_appearence_2011.jpg
104KB, 300x450px
Anyone know where to buy a shirt like this? trying to avoid doing a double breasted coat....

if y'all have any ideas about the shorts, socks, doll joint tights etc, i'd love to hear them too
>>
>>9094447
Doll joint tights : mufish on taobao
>>
File: image.jpg (27KB, 408x348px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 408x348px
First time cosplaying with someone together and it's with a cute girl for a date sorta thing for a local con. How do I tell her I'm too NEET and don't want to go through with it or warn her that it's going to be really awkward? I'm pretty social and I hide my power level so it's weird when someone out of my circle knows I'm into this. How should I act? Should I try to fug? Have you guys done cosplay pairings before? Is it weird? I'm losing sleep over this.
>>
File: s-l400.jpg (97KB, 695x379px) Image search: [Google]
s-l400.jpg
97KB, 695x379px
>>9092078
Since you're a beginner and are just planning to put the panels on, I'd recommend getting the "no-stitch" kit or just fabric glue (you can still use it in combination with sewing).

And you don't need red knit specifically for the cuffs but you might still need stretchable fabric to let your hands slip through (or you can make the sleeves loose enough that you don't need that type of fabric).

Another fabric suggestion/idea for the red stripes would be to use red bias tape (since it's already cut and folded)

It's a totally feasible project anon, go for it.
>>
File: turtleneck.jpg (21KB, 355x390px) Image search: [Google]
turtleneck.jpg
21KB, 355x390px
>>9094447
Look around your local stores or online and find something that resembles it and modify it.

If I had to do it, I'd get a stretchable high turtleneck sweater and just cut the front neck down and fold it like a collar and sew flat gold buttons on it (like pic related, and I'd cut off any excess material for the cuffs at the bottom of the sleeves).

For the shorts and stockings, perhaps get tan leggins (or dye them into that color, just make sure the fabric material is the type that can be dyed), cut them and then make the lines with a permanent fabric marker.
>>
>>9093644
I'd say black spandex and some looser green fabric.
>>
>>9089368
Watercolor if you're being cheap or airbrush if you're willing to spend a little bit of money. Honestly though, I would just buy the higher quality fur if you won't use the airbrush again. Look for luxury arctic fur.
>>
File: Abyss_Watchers_-_Cinder.jpg (270KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Abyss_Watchers_-_Cinder.jpg
270KB, 1920x1080px
So I've been a cosplayer for a while, at least was. Took a break for half a decade after junior year of highschool, fell in love with the design for pic related.

I'm an armor/propmaker, I know how to sew but I'm unpracticed. How would I go about starting to build an outfit like pic related? Ignore cinder effects, not gonna fucking bother with that. NOPE.
>>
File: utena_anthy-utena017.jpg (83KB, 478x496px) Image search: [Google]
utena_anthy-utena017.jpg
83KB, 478x496px
I've been wanting to cosplay from Utena for a long while but I didn't want to do Utena cause I'm not confident in shorts nor have the legs for her. I like Anthy's movie dress and would like to do her but what's holding me back is that I'm not as dark as she is. I know it shouldn't matter but I also noticed lighter skin Anthy cosplayers usually don't have better reception than the others.

Like everyone in this hobby I still wanna look good and be received well so I'm wondering if I should really go ahead with it?
>>
>>9091068
Thank you!
>>
>>9094966
Darkening skin has been pretty controversial lately in the the community so you probably don't want to darken any more than what your complexion normally would. So no more than a medium spray tan.

However don't cut out on Utena yet. I have terrible legs too but just wear dancers tights and they male a big difference. Few good cosplayers go totally bare legged because it just makes a better shape and covers up blotches. It's just like shapewear. Even skinny girls have a lirole belly fat or needs the push to get a more hourglass shape. You're creating an illusion and there's a ton of tools at your disposal.
>>
File: 1 Giant Black Water Beetle.jpg (334KB, 990x768px) Image search: [Google]
1 Giant Black Water Beetle.jpg
334KB, 990x768px
Long story short, I'm trying to design a bug mask out of EVA foam .However, I have no idea how to give in that chitiny, organic type of look. Any suggestions?
>>
I'm trying to cover some shoulder pads in black pleather. I made the shoulder pads out of worbla. I used Loctite Spray Adhesive last night, and the things are still SUPER tacky after 12 hours. The directions say it should take about an hour for things to be totally dry. I followed the instructions to a T, I think the glue is simply incompatible with the materials, even though the can says it is. Does anyone have ANY suggestions as to what kind of glue to use to cover worbla in pleather? I want to avoid hot glue because I dont want to warp the shoulder pads.
>>
>>9095163
Stretch vinyl
>>
Going to dress up as Mars or Venus from Sailor Moon next year. Problem is I wear glasses.
Should I try contacts? They're kinda scary.
>>
>>9095206
Do you mean colored contacts or just plain contacts? You should definitely consider changing to contacts in general, you'll get used to them quickly.
>>
>>9095214
Contacts in general. My eyesight is super bad, does that make the contact thicker or anything? I feel like I'll forget to take them out or something.
>>
>>9079118
How do I know what to cosplay as without of course looking terrible? I haven't seen any anime character with white skin, an afro and mountain beard.
>>
>>9095217
This really isn't the best place for medical help. What kind of lenses you need depends completely on your vision problems. I have a weird astigmatism which means I can only use hard lenses which are more noticeable and expensive. It's not worth it for me so I just take glasses off for pictures.
>>
>>9095230
Post a full body pic and we'll tell you
>>
>>9095230
You can post in the suggestion thread if that exists right now. Otherwise people usually have wigs and don't have beards if they're a regular cosplayer.
>>
>>9095163
stretch vinyl as someone pointed out already or be really good a painting
>>
File: close-ish+.jpg (120KB, 655x310px) Image search: [Google]
close-ish+.jpg
120KB, 655x310px
>>9095233
>>9095236
good news, i found the suggestion thread. But not okay with my picture being anywhere. sorta look like this.
>>
>>9095245
That's pretty damn far from an afro. You're not going to find a lot of beardy options outside Jojo and maybe fighting games. If you're asian looks into dramas an tokusatsu
>>
File: image.jpg (66KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66KB, 640x427px
>>9084034
Sew in some horsehair braid, ideally anything bigger than 1 inch, into the hem of the dress and it'll take on the shape a little more. The thicker the braid, the stiffer the hem will be.
>>
File: dress.png (955KB, 714x1000px) Image search: [Google]
dress.png
955KB, 714x1000px
Trying to make pic related but I've never made a dress before. I think I've got most of it on lockdown by this point but I just want to double check.

For the skirt I'm thinking of making two a-line skirts (as recommended by someone here a while back) and having the one underneath be a bit longer so it sticks out with box pleats that are open at the bottom and then wearing a petticoat underneath that. Is that ok?
>>
>>9094535
Don't act like a jackass and don't force yourself. As long as you don't be autistic you will be fine.

If you can't do this then don't go through it.
>>
>>9092599
>i've seen pictures before unintentionally
You didn't save it because I could find it?
>>
File: Cm9LuRTUMAAwkHK.jpg (168KB, 1021x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Cm9LuRTUMAAwkHK.jpg
168KB, 1021x1200px
Wheres the best site to sell my gyaru collection quickly im kind of in an emrgency for money
>>
>>9095146
Oh I'm not darkening my skin but I just feel weird not being a darker color cosplaying her because I haven't seen good reception for lighter skinned cosplayers doing her
>>
>>9095680
maybe Poshmark?
>>
File: image.jpg (305KB, 1440x1280px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
305KB, 1440x1280px
Hi second time cosplayer here. I made a thread earlier but didn't realize there was a help thread. I'm done with the supplies but I don't know what techniques to use to make my clean new clothes look like pic related. I'm guessing paint for the shoes, tea or coffee stains, fake blood, and bleach for the pants and jacket, and shoe polish for the jacket and mask. How close am I? Any help or suggestions are appreciated!
>>
>>9095680
eBay and craigslist won't hurt
>>
File: P5_Makoto_Nijima,_Phantom_Thief.png (73KB, 250x369px) Image search: [Google]
P5_Makoto_Nijima,_Phantom_Thief.png
73KB, 250x369px
Alright. My plan is to make Makoto from P5. If I'm going to stick with black polyester for the under layer, what would be the most suitable fabric for the blue portion?
>>
>>9094948
Step 1: Start with an easier cosplay.
>>
>>9095911
I know how to sew things, I can learn skills pretty fast. Im just unsure where to start.
>>
>>9093256
You're not going to find a good pre-styled Celes wig for that price, anon. If you want to be cheap about it need to style it yourself. If you want to make sure it looks great you should look into commissioning someone good with wigs but it'll cost you way more than 30 bucks.
>>
File: 25663380943_d5f8a4ff77.jpg (46KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
25663380943_d5f8a4ff77.jpg
46KB, 400x400px
I'm trying to figure out where I can get pigtails for this character, but I'm having trouble finding the right color and length.

I would love some suggestions on where I should look. I checked arda, and epiccosplay, but there's nothing on there that matches what I need.
>>
So I'm thinking of either doing Soge king from one piece (since i like one piece and i have a beard) but I have the face and facial hair for Slayer from guilty gears (never seen it but thinking of binge watching)

How do i get his hair and beard? I figure i can buy his outfit somewhere for like $50.
>>
>>9093951
Band saw or electric turkey carving knife.
>>
File: blazes.png (869KB, 1034x672px) Image search: [Google]
blazes.png
869KB, 1034x672px
Need some help on how to better fit these blazers. Whenever I lift my arms I get a lot of bunched up fabric at the shoulders. I know how to shorten the sleeves but I can't find anything to move up the shoulders.
>>
File: 55673ccdb5eac897e7aa507351ef7c14.jpg (124KB, 1000x1650px) Image search: [Google]
55673ccdb5eac897e7aa507351ef7c14.jpg
124KB, 1000x1650px
Short of making a fabric one or wearing an actual vest of chainmail, how can I get a short-sleeve-long-tunic look of chainmail like in this pic?
>>
File: 1574797208-2772708.jpg (172KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1574797208-2772708.jpg
172KB, 800x800px
I found this swimsuit on taobao, and I want to get it, but it's made of milk fibre, and Google only told me the chemical compounds, and history of milk fibre, so I was wondering if anyone knew if milk fibre worked well for swimsuits
>tl;dr: is milk fibre good for swimsuits
>>
File: M7352_05.jpg (122KB, 1600x2200px) Image search: [Google]
M7352_05.jpg
122KB, 1600x2200px
Sewing noob here. Is it possible to make the skirt of a paneled/princess seam dress pattern more bell shaped? Was thinking of just increasing the bottom width of each panel, but that'll just make it more flared and not necessarily give it a bell shape...
>>
>>9097121
Shoulders are the hardest thing to alter on a jacket. It'll cost you a hell of a lot at a tailor (300 dollars and up) and unless you're willing to sink that much into the jacket it's easier to just move on.
>>
>>9097399
I meant altering it myself with my sewing machine. I'm too cheap to ever take anything to a tailor.
>>
>>9097196
maybe have just the hem and sleeve ends? like have a strip of whatever you make the "mail" out of on the bottom and ends of the sleeves
>>
File: 20160526_202854_014_original.jpg (121KB, 1000x1330px) Image search: [Google]
20160526_202854_014_original.jpg
121KB, 1000x1330px
has anyone seen this shirt (or the similar flat chested version) on aliexpress or something? I think it's super cute but after reverse image searching all I can find is people's spreepickys and storeenvys and I'd rather not get ripped off.
>>
Hey cgl, do you think reinforcing craft foam armour pieces with paper mache is a good idea? I attached some foam armour pieces to a pair of shoes, but it seems delicate and flimsy.
>>
>>9097833
Paper mache doesn't have good flex to it, and shoes take quite a beating when you're walking around. You'd probably be better off using a fabric/glue combination like this tutorial to have strength and flexibility http://entropyhouse.com/penwiper/costumes/helmsdeep.html
>>
3 months to make Soge-king, advice? I don't even know where to start on crafting that mask or gear.
>>
>>9097395
yes, you can! the part you have to widen is the one just below the waistline. Look up a bell shaped skirt pattern, and then mix it with your princess seam dress. Don't push it too much though, because a lot of bell shaped skirts are circle skirts and you won't get that result with a block pattern.

>>9097833
If you've got the money, using worbla can make your armor sturdier without. Seconding the fabric and glue option, or starched sturdy fabric if you're not too rich.

>>9097196
You won't get it to look like chainmail up close but a knitted tunic can do the job. They used that trick in Monthy Python & the holy grail, it can look pretty good. Good thread about it there : https://www.reddit.com/r/knitting/comments/3j6kls/best_chainmail_looking_stitch_yarn_weight_needle/

>>9095803
Everything you said works great! Plus, fraying can be done with sandpaper, works super well on a lot of fabrics.
Paint might flake off the shoes though, I've used markers and sponges to make the stains less prone to disappear during the con.

>>9095282
I'd use a circle skirt pattern instead of a-line, it'll give you more volume with less fabric at the waist. petti is of course obligatory if you want to get that kind of volume!
Plus, for the white skirt, I think you already know that but just to make sure : separate the box pleats from the skirt itself, sew them first then attach them.
>>
>>9097196
Take some thick mesh with a bigger weave, sew two layers together in the shape of the shirt you want, spray paint it silver. It works really well and looks really nice, even in photos!
>>
File: 2243858-box_lking2.png (637KB, 509x640px) Image search: [Google]
2243858-box_lking2.png
637KB, 509x640px
Can someone help me to find a wig for Tara Grimface from Lost kingdom2.
My hair are pretty dark and i have difficulty to hide them, any advice ?
>>
Anyone have and recommendations for contact cement brands for gluing eva foam together that isnt barge? I dont live in the US and all that seems to be available is LePage.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
What are these things called? The 3 leather attach thingies
>>
File: uhh.png (112KB, 1192x696px) Image search: [Google]
uhh.png
112KB, 1192x696px
I'm doing a double cosplay but I'm a little stumped with her hat. From what I can gather it looks like a piece of fabric laid ontop of the hat so that theres one straight side facing the front, but I'm not sure how to do the back. What shape am I going for to get it as "straight" as possible? Should I even try making her hat knee-length or just make it waist length? Right now I only have enough fabric to go waist length but I could pick up more possibly.
>>
>>9098734
It's literally a nun uniform. Just look up how the nun headwear are made irl.
>>
File: sketch cosu.jpg (88KB, 1477x1108px) Image search: [Google]
sketch cosu.jpg
88KB, 1477x1108px
Im indonesian and im trying to be nationalizm as fuck, and try to make armor cosplay. the problem is, im new with EVA foam, anyone can give me a suggestion or tips for EVA foam to make armor? any tips will help. this is my friends sketch for my armor, so... any tips?
>>
>>9098783
dat top left description tho
>>
>>9097395
You can add godets from the waist down on each seam to increase the skirt by quite a bit but I don't think you can add enough to actually get a bell shape.
>>
I've figured out how to make everything except for the mask. I really want to comfortably see through it. Any tips?
>>
>>9098797
from what i see, you can use Mika plastic as material for its mask

u know... mika plastic, a elastic plastic, usually transparent and cheap enough
>>
Any good feather recommendations for Homucifer's wings? I really need to start on this project asap but I'm stuck on that.
>>
>>9080041
you saved me! thank you!
>>
File: Eiga Dorobou.png (789KB, 1291x683px) Image search: [Google]
Eiga Dorobou.png
789KB, 1291x683px
hello it's my first time on this board and also the first time doing cosplay but I've a question

I want to cosplay as pic related but I don't know what material I could use the best for the camera.

I would really appreciate all the advice someone could give me.

Thank you!

vid for reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Syhjsix9nXE
>>
>>9094397
You can't.
>>
>>9093540
Paper mache the inside and use paper towel under the duct tape on the skin
>>
Not cosplay but can I get some general advice for a first lolita coord? I've lurked a lot and read tons of threads and posts about it but I'd still like some peace of mind before I drop any money.
>>
>>9098920
As long as you've done your research you should be fine. Get a good wig or style your hair nice, don't buy from Milanoo fronts, adhere to colour theory.
>>
>>9079952
maybe add the term boat neck to your searches might help!
>>
>>9098896
Could you be more specific? What part of the camera? Lens? Case?
Also thanks for using this thread instead of making a new one
>>
>>9098966
the whole camera.
I was thinking about 3D printing it since I know how to do 3D but that shit is way too expensive.
I think cardbox looks way to cheap and ugly.

So didn't really know what else could make it work
>>
>>9098095
Thank you for your response. I'm actually sort of unclear about what you mean white the white skirt. Like sewing the skirts individually and then attaching them as compared to somehow trying to sew both the white and black skirts at the same time?
>>
I'm in a bit of a dilemma. My dream dress has a small rip/snag in it and I don't quite know what to do. The overlay is made of sheer printed chiffon and is rather delicate, so I don't want to make any rash decisions for the sake of wearing it.

I went to a professional and they said that it would be risky to involve needles as it could pull a thread and ruin the print. Another option would be to put some Fray Check around the rip and secure it, and put a tiny appliqué to cover and reinforce the rip. It won't be in a position obvious at first sight but it would mean altering brand.

Does anyone have any other options? I'm at odds as to what to do.
>>
>>9099001
It's already damaged, so you might as well alter it. Especially considering that fixing it could end up ruining it and it's a dream dress so the chances of you reselling it won't be as high.
>>
File: Chloe.png (611KB, 626x978px) Image search: [Google]
Chloe.png
611KB, 626x978px
My sister wants to make some cosplay. The problem is she have a LOT of tattoos. I want to make something for her suitable. Any suggestions? Characters with tattoos or characters not showing skin
>>
>>9099155
See >>9029435
>>
File: altmiletop.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
altmiletop.png
2MB, 1366x768px
any suggestion/idea how to make his top/shoulders.
Tutorial to make armor pauldrons?
>>
>>9098095
Hey it's
>>9098994
just wanted to ask something else, as far as getting the ruffley look at the bottom of the white skirt are box pleats the best option? Just to make sure.
>>
on yahoo! japan I got an 8000 yen skirt, but the final bill with shipping was 13200 yen, does this price seem right?
>>
How well does sound pass through styrofoam?
>>
>>9099449
this might help
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d67ETuMiIiI
>>
>>9098971
just make it out of EVA foam.
>>
>>9098806
Thanks! I had never heard of that material before!
>>
>>9099818
It does seem kind of high. Did you use an SS? They probably added a service fee if so. What kind of shipping did you choose? EMS (and possibly SAL) rates went up. What material is the skirt made of (thicker material = higher weight)?
>>
>>9089658
This happened to me too, anon. Bought six wigs and they frizzed even with tlc. Never again, lockshop. Never again.
>>
>>9098322
Lacefront wigs are great for updos.
>>
>>9098642
Snaps.
>>
>>9099818

So many variables, though. Better if you request a breakdown from your SS and check through it to make sure you weren't double-charged.

For shipping, you can check Japan Post's rates yourself: http://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/charge/list/index_en.html
Average skirt/dress is about 500-1kg, heavier if it's oldschool, velvet or just has a lot of fabric. It's rare to find anything much lighter than 500g unless it's some non lolita lightweight chiffon skirt. Do note that some SS charge a handling fee for packing your items.

So for eg if you bought something that wasn't lightweight and you live in Zone 2 or further, EMS shipping to you alone would run about 3k yen. If your skirt is in some faraway zone from your SS, then the internal shipping within Japan can run up to 2k yen. So 8k yen for the skirt + 0.8k yen for SS fees + 1.2k yen for internal shipping seems reasonable too.

If you bought a really lightweight skirt that's less than 500g, request SAL, and live in Asia, then shipping to you would run closer to 1k yen. Internal shipping within Japan for a lightweight skirt is likely to be 1+k yen rather than running up to 2k yen. In which case you got overcharged by about 2-3k yen.
>>
File: latest[2].png (154KB, 486x593px) Image search: [Google]
latest[2].png
154KB, 486x593px
Here's a bit of a pleb-question, but I'm pretty new when it comes to cosplay in general.

I bought a toy sword to test if I could make it work. Other than a hole on the hilt after gutting out the electronics, which I'm fairly sure I can fill up, the biggest issue was that it didn't come with a scabbard. Having scabbards is pretty important part of the costume. What material should I try to make it from and how can I make sure it stays together, and won't fall apart when it's strapped to my back. Is cartboard okay, or should I try something different.

tl;dr: How do I make scabbards, or should I try to find different swords?
>>
>>9100320
search 'storm the castle' he has a pretty good foam scabbard tutorial you can use for very simple projects.
>>
>>9100331
Neat, I'll give this a shot. Thanks.
>>
So I tried making an account on SpreeNow, and it seemed to go well, but it keeps asking me to log in. I keep hitting the log in button, it refreshes, and I'm still not logged in. I can't click on anything without being told to log in. Anyone else having this problem?
>>
I have everything ready for this costume except the weird boot cover... gaiters? What would be the best way to go about making them?
>>
File: theodor.png (256KB, 950x480px) Image search: [Google]
theodor.png
256KB, 950x480px
I'm thinking of doing babby's first cosplay at Otakon, but need to purchase a few relevant badges to sew onto the outfit, namely two of these https://www.loopaza.com/schwarzesmarken-666-schwarzesmarken-wappen.html

But as above I've mostly found them on these weird aggregator style storefronts and don't really know what their whole deal is or if they're legit or what, anyone have experience with the above or otherwise similar, reputable sites?
>>
File: chucke.png (331KB, 715x404px) Image search: [Google]
chucke.png
331KB, 715x404px
Where can I cop one of those cute ass choker tops?
the ones w the choker that runs up the back
I have a need
>>
>>9100894
Why are people from /fa/ so fucking lazy and dense? Not just shit like this but literally asking where to buy items from nameless Japanese street fashion snaps. Yes I am salty as fuck. Please learn to shop, or at least limit the idiot speak to your own board. God damn.
>inb4 somebody starts spoodfeeding them
>>
>>9100903
I'm not from FA just autistic
I only want one of those gosh darn shirts, dude
>>
>>9100937

they're from american apparel, you're welcome
>>
>>9100941
thank you it means a lot to me
>>
Where could I buy a thick braid extension? It's hard to google because braid extension search terms get you small braids for black women. I need a thick braid (natural brown color) the size you'd get from all your hair in one braid.
>>
>>9099552
Personally I would just make ruffles. Box pleats would look cleaner but the illustration looks like regular ruffles to me. There's a nice (madoka) petticoat tutorial by rufflebuttcosplay on deviantart, you could follow it but just make it less floofy to achieve the look you're going for.
>>
>>9100950
Can't you just buy regular extensions and braid them yourself?
>>
>>9100571
Try to look for spats tutorials. I'll link one, but you'd need to add the kneepads and cover those in fabric too, so your pattern would look different. Also, because of the kneepads, the spats might ride up a bit, so I'd add an elastic that loops underneath the boot at the bottom.
https://thecraftyasian.wordpress.com/2012/08/30/spats-tutorial/
>>
on a scale from 1-10 how much better is a costume/ props with blinking lights/ sounds
>>
>>9101162
If the source material has blinking lights/ sounds then 10, if it doesn't and you're just adding flashy shit for the sake of having flashy shit then -10
>>
>>9101170
the prop should have both lights and sounds, the helmet I added lights because it just felt a bit weird having it be like it is though I may have gone a bit overboard, and the only source I have to work from are tiny pixelated images from 1993
>>
>>9099933
>>9098806
I can't find any mika plastic in my country, I've thought of dying TranspaArt but I've also seen that doesn't stick to itself.
Does anyone know any other materials? (or tips for transaArt)
>>
File: A.B.A.png (735KB, 751x1142px) Image search: [Google]
A.B.A.png
735KB, 751x1142px
What's the best material to make Paracelsus (the key) out of?
>>
>>9101426
Probably foam. Wood would (lol) be way too heavy. Ditto for damn near anything else. Cut him out, then run some dowels through for structural support. Tricky part would be colors and texture. Maybe metallic contact paper?
>>
>>9101103
Same question applies. Googling unbraided extensions still gets me stuff meant for every day wear for and the places I've bought cosplay wigs from don't sell extensions. I prefer prebraided because the braid is perfect, but I'll take regular extensions if that's all I can get in extra long lengths.
>>
>>9099908
Thanks I'll look for it!
>>
How do you deal with eyebrows for cosplay? Normally I just ignore it for most costumes, but it really sticks out with lighter (white/blonde/canary yellow) hairs. Also, how should I deal with a character that doesn't have eyebrows like Guile from streetfighter or Armstrong from Fullmetal Alchemist? Keep in mind that I do have to go back to work after a con weekend so I don't want to do anything permanent.
>>
>>9101465
Maybe you're using the wrong search terms. Try to look for "wefts" instead of extensions. I know arda sells wefts, not sure how long though.
>>
Where do I get started in dressing in lolita as a guy?
>>
>>9101889
Exactly where everyone else does. There's no shortage of guides on how to wear the fashion and how to do your makeup. When in doubt, follow the brolita thread >>9100141 or the crossdressing thread >>9068676
>>
File: 1464138959837.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1464138959837.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>9096969
>I have the face and facial hair for Slayer from guilty gears
>mfw
I've never seen a Slayer cosplayer before! I'll look for some possible wigs and report back as soon as I can. W-what con are you going to?
>>
File: s-l640.jpg (37KB, 430x640px) Image search: [Google]
s-l640.jpg
37KB, 430x640px
Hey /cgl/! I'll be wearing giant pauldrons as part of a cosplay (cone-shaped) that are long enough to go down to my knees. How would I make them comfortable for long wear?
>>
What's acceptable starter fashion for a fatty short girl? I'd love to get into j-fashion but I'm small and chunky and I don't want to be a massive embarrassment.
>>
>>9102147
letting my GF decide on that, she wants to go sakuracon but thats pretty far away.
>>
File: image.jpg (147KB, 519x785px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
147KB, 519x785px
>>9102940
Cool, cool. You should post in the progress thread
>>
>>9103089
sure.

>>9102659
just not a miniskirt unless you really can pull it off. Personal taste of course.

>>9102318
rubber! inner rubber/foam.
>>
>>9090682
Get a bald cap mate
make a wig with that
Junkrat is obviously missing alot of hair and a wig full of hair is not gonna do him justice at all
It bothers me that people think it's actually okay to completely ignore that detail
>>
File: Marco-Diaz-Fan.png (199KB, 380x649px) Image search: [Google]
Marco-Diaz-Fan.png
199KB, 380x649px
I'm doing Marco Diaz cosplay, but I have no idea how to buy a wig. I mean I just put "hort brown wig male" into ebay. Is this how you do it? Or are there some kind of parameters you use to filter out the results?
Or are you just browsing looking for the one that looks similar?
>>
>>9103767
http://matchwigs.com/
>>
>>9103768
well ok, I still don't see the wig I need there, but thanks anyway, maybe I'll use it later
>>
>>9103873
You're not going to find a wig prestyled if that's what you wanted. Just get a basic short brown wig and style or comission
>>
File: 137_400sq.png (198KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
137_400sq.png
198KB, 400x400px
Does anyone know if it's possible to buy a legitimate classic japanese school uniform that can ship to Europe?

If it's possible, were can I order this uniform from?
>>
File: night elf skin.jpg (38KB, 500x609px) Image search: [Google]
night elf skin.jpg
38KB, 500x609px
I have never done body paint before, and am working on Rasi from Illegal Danish. I read Gropy's post on Body paint, and am currently planning on using Mehron's white base and their light pink cream paint with an eye shadow palette to contour. Because the skin color is so close to a actual people color, is this necessary? is there a cheaper, just as good alternative if I still use still use Mehron's barrier / setting powder. Pic is the color of Rasi's skin.
>>
New Thread here
>>9104375
>>
>>9104110
http://pockettokyo.storenvy.com/products/13489701-classic-navy-red-tie-seifuku
>>
I'm looking for "glaucoma blindness" contacts.

The catch? They're for a person with REAL glaucoma blindness, one of whose eyes has a corneal prosthesis that sadly didn't work out nd only thing that did was to leave one of her eyes sunken and blood-red, with a Steampunk-esque piece of plastic in the middle. If it had worked out, that was small price for sight - but as things are, it's just a blight on her face.
As an alternative to remove that eye and using a prosthesic one (yes, she's THAT determined to get rid of that , I've sugested her using a contact over it if she needs to assist any profesional or social event that requires her to be at her best.
So, it would have to be a large one, and of enough quality to be placed over a sensitive eye. Trying to avoid cheap low-quality stuff hereAnyone knows of a good brand that can recomend?

Something similar to this (NSFW warning)
>>>/gif/8930154
Thread posts: 322
Thread images: 101

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.