[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 95

Ask for help, advice, and give answers.
>>
some of the last unanswered questions from previous thread thread. >>9079118

body/face painting >>9104342
legitimate classic japanese school uniform >>9104110
underage newbie >>9101886
eyebrows in cosplay >>9101587
TranspaArt >>9101347
finding badge vendors >>9100866
Spreenow >>9100483
Homucifer's wings >>9098811
contact cement brands for gluing eva foam together that isnt barge >>9098540
>>
File: Sun_Moon_Protagonist_female.png (294KB, 574x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Sun_Moon_Protagonist_female.png
294KB, 574x1280px
First time cosplayer here, I'm a little confused about how to approach this shirt, specifically the front piece bow thing. Should I tie the shirt in the front or pin a separate piece of fabric?
>>
>>9104401
And this one >>9096969
>>
so i was thinking of doing a jingle cosplay for holiday matsuri, but i'm not sure how i should do the antlers? I don't know if something more cartoony like the picture posted would look better if i should go for something more realistic looking
>>
File: ac-jingle.png (75KB, 200x264px) Image search: [Google]
ac-jingle.png
75KB, 200x264px
>>9104454
oops meant to put jingle from animal crossing (pic related)
>>
>>9104435
Just leave 2 long triangles hanging off the front of your shirt and then you tie them to make the knot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr2QLrZ1aZQ
>>
File: dissapoint.gif (773KB, 260x221px) Image search: [Google]
dissapoint.gif
773KB, 260x221px
Heya, I asked the same thing on /cgl/ but I got no replies, here I go.

If you still live with your parents how can you hide the fact that you're crossdressing?
I'm 19 and I've wanted to try some shit like thigh-highs for starters, but my legs are too hairy to work with, so my only option to pull it off would be shaving them, but that would seem weird since I'm a spic and my family would see it as an odd thing. What should I do?
>>
>>9104477
>asked the same thing on /cgl/
I meant on the Crossdressing Thread, sorry
>>
I really really want to crossdress as something cute, but i'm too big right now (5'10" 245lbs). I'm going to my first con in september and think if i try really hard i can lose 20 lbs of fat by then, but still i'd be rather big.

Has anyone seen a bigger guy ironically cosplay as an anime girl, but did it well? i don't want to get laughed at or made fun of ;__;

or should I simply try to crossdress normally. is it paradoxical to not be skinny and want to crossdress as something cute?
>>
How often is the GLB released? Is there a way that I can pre-purchase or reserve upcoming issues? I checked on jbox and kinokuniya without any luck.
>>
>>9104477
like.. what do you think you'll get as a reply? there's no magical way to take off your leg hair only for a few hours. with regular shaving, shit will probably start growing back within 3-4 days, you can say you wanted to see if it makes you sweat less or some fucking shit

>>9104496
you will be laughed at, it's not going to happen if you want to do a serious cute crossdress and the dumb 'very large man cosplays tiny anime girl' trope has been done to death
just cosplay a fucking man

>>9104454
ask the homestucks

>>9101587
pva-eyeshadow/paint trick (did you google before asking? cause you probably would've seen that one), or if you just need to slightly tone either use plain eyeshadow on brows or get a brow pencil for it
>>
File: tumblr_ndv0n1AEen1scbf5uo1_500.jpg (119KB, 500x715px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ndv0n1AEen1scbf5uo1_500.jpg
119KB, 500x715px
i've been going through patterns for jackets and trying to find something like this with no luck, guess my google skills aren't as great as i thought they were. is there a particular name for a jacket like this, or if anyone has a pattern pretty close could they share it?
>>
File: pokemon-go-customization.png (202KB, 700x408px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-go-customization.png
202KB, 700x408px
Working on getting making belt buckles for my store for Pokemon GO cosplay but don' know what kind of hardware to use. Just sell the flat pokeball and tell people to e6000 it to an existing buckle? Make a spot to glue in rare earth magnets?
>>
>>9105270
If you have a JoAnn fabrics nearby go there and look through their pattern books. It's hard to find something exact but between the Costume and Jacket sections of most brads you should be able to find something and will most likely need to modify the collar and length.
>>
Looking to get into foam weapons and armour
Is EVA foam the best to use for this?
Would a hot knife make it easier?
>>
>>9105465
It completely depends on the prop. Go to youtube and look up eva foam armor for basics. It's unusual to use it for weapons. Insulation foam is better usually
>>
I cut a scarf out of some fleece-type fabric, but it's too short. Is there a way to lengthen it seamlessly? It's just a single layer of fabric. If not, then what would be the best seam to try?
>>
>>9105368
If you can get either for cheap I would do them. Magnets might be the easier choice. But you could add a loose buckle so your buyer can add their own belt, then glue the Pokeball buckle; kind of what you described except you also provide the buckle.
>>
>>9105670
There will probably still be a seam, but you can try the "seamless" Henson stitch. Picking at the fleece near the seam is the most important part in getting it to look seamless.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiRmlJo3ivM
>>
File: strap assembly.png (218KB, 912x877px) Image search: [Google]
strap assembly.png
218KB, 912x877px
Can anyone tell me what the triangular piece is called? I've searched for terms like "triglide" "strap buckle" "tri-ring" and I get similar results but nothing that that has the hole at the top. It has to screw to a bracket.
>>
>>9105514
So EVA foam for armour and EPS for weapons?
When I was a kid i tried to do prop stuff, but the eps always pilled off and generally looked awful, even with a fresh new exacto knife
Was I just too weak?
>>
File: What_are_birds.jpg (30KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
What_are_birds.jpg
30KB, 600x337px
This sounds dumb, but I'm hoping to hear from people who have experience doing this: I'm hiring a photographer for a fandom cosplay shoot at an upcoming con. I've never done anything like this before and never been photographed in cosplay by a professional before.

What's it like as far as coordinating the shots? Does the photographer generally stage each shot and direct people where to stand and help them pose? Or does that fall on the individuals, or myself (I am hosting the meetup) to be creative? Does the photographer typically just stand by and passively take shots as everyone does their own thing, or do they usually take control of the scene? I ask because the cosplay I am wearing is going to be somewhat prohibitive as far as talking/hearing/and even seeing. I might be hard for me to try and instruct everyone on what to do.

It's not going to be a very large group, probably under 10 people, and the photographer IS familiar with the franchise which should help greatly with staging shots.
>>
Should I have dyed my leather holster before putting it together, or can I do it after? I'm only part way through.
>>
>>9105913
No it's the pink or blue kind. The white kind is shit and should never be used for anything unless it's just filler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RJTMW4IFw4
>>
What's the best site to find used/resale lolita items?
>>
>>9106060
lacemarket
>>
File: scale smocking.png (1MB, 974x599px) Image search: [Google]
scale smocking.png
1MB, 974x599px
So it's my 10th year cosplaying and I think it about time I remade my very first costume. I was considering dragon scale smocking for the dragon, mostly because I don't trust my embroidery to look good or will it look dumb on this style of dress? I think the hardest part would be mathing out how large the original fabric piece needs to be. The scale size and direction of the dragon varies wildly between sources
>>
Trying to create the old school runescape rune plate armour set, and I have good pepakura models, which have few curves/polygons because its old school runescape

Is EVA foam the way to go here or cardstock + fiberglass resin/whatever for reinforcement
>>
File: Collage 2016-07-18 14_06_11.jpg (196KB, 720x1168px) Image search: [Google]
Collage 2016-07-18 14_06_11.jpg
196KB, 720x1168px
Hey anons! I got this dress from goodwill today and I was wondering if anyone recognized the print. There's no tag inside! Sorry if the photos aren't great, my phone is old.
>>
>>9106076
I guess it's going to depend on what kind of fabric you're going to use for this. It might end up looking really bulky depending.
>>
File: latest[2].png (660KB, 488x1365px) Image search: [Google]
latest[2].png
660KB, 488x1365px
So I'm seriously considering doing Queen Butterfly, but I have no idea how to translate her skirt into real life. Would it still be recognizable if I did an 18th century pannier skirt and not try to take it in at the hem, or should i do a something like a mermaid skirt with really padded hips?
>>
File: ModelPX_concept.jpg (81KB, 486x426px) Image search: [Google]
ModelPX_concept.jpg
81KB, 486x426px
Wanting to cosplay pic related, but I'm 6'0'', 150lbs, athletic build. I fear it will simply look stupid. Should I redesign the costume around my proportions so I don't look like a turbo-sperg? Anyone have any idea as to what materials to use to get that nice plasticky sheen without having to make it all out of worbla and have to carry an extra 50 lbs?
>>
>>9106183
I think the runescape cosplayer I know mostly uses worbla for his, but honestly if you message him on facebook he'll probably tell you how exactly he does it - /teezkutcosplay
>>
>>9106263
Don't have a facebook, do you have his/her e-mail?
>>
>>9106269
[email protected] is apparently where he takes commissions but it should be fine for regular questions as well
>>
File: Flare_Corona_GMG.png (83KB, 233x538px) Image search: [Google]
Flare_Corona_GMG.png
83KB, 233x538px
I have a friend who was wanting to cosplay Flare form Fairy Tail. Unfortunately; not everyone is stacked like the women in the anime so that's an issue. We were thinking fake breasts, like some Ryuko Matoi cosplayers do but Flare's dress is pretty ope; so there's no straps to keep them in place.

Any ideas on what can be done? I've heard carpenter's tape holds real breasts in well but idk; would that work on fake breasts with a dress like Flare's?.
>>
File: 1392-2080935021.jpg (855KB, 1500x1611px) Image search: [Google]
1392-2080935021.jpg
855KB, 1500x1611px
Heya, so I'm making a sword for my momiji cosplay, but I'm a little tripped up on how I should paint it and looking for some advice.
Should I paint the whole thing black and then paint the blade edge silver, or maybe paint the whole thing silver and then paint the top black? Should I do something completely different? I just want it to not look like garbage. Pic is my reference.

Thank you in advance!
>>
>>9106347

I would paint it silver, then mask off the part you want to remain silver with painters tape, and then paint it black. Remove the painters tape, and give it a couple coats of clear gloss. Do multiple coats of silver and of black and sand between coats. Make sure to do a few base coats of matte primer and sand between those coats as well. Read the instructions on the spray paint can and don't ignore them, also don't buy Rustoleum 2X, I've had very very mixed results from can to can.
>>
>>9106374
Thanks a bundle anon, I'll try that out and go from there!
I've had lots of issues with Rustoleum as well so I'm definitely staying away from it.
>>
How do you with your dick while wearing tights/ spandex. Is it just self control, taping it down, or what the fuck do you do?
>>
>>9106539

You need what's called a dancer's belt. Male ballet dancers use them.
>>
>>9106347
You should post pics of your cosplay
>>
i wanna go as gascoigne for comic con this year but im having trouble figuring out exactly what i need.
plus i have no idea how im gonna do those weapons.
i have the hat already so i dont need to worry about that but the rest seems really difficult.
>>
File: Gascoigne.png (234KB, 572x502px) Image search: [Google]
Gascoigne.png
234KB, 572x502px
>>9106629
forgot pic
>>
>>9106631
>>9106631
If you want help here you need to be a lot more specific.

When starting a costume, grab as many references you can and some paper and try to sketch out the parts of the costume and then figure out how to tackle them individually. You don't have to be good at drawing, it's just a visual inventory
>>
Is there any way I can fix a hole in my tights? My big toe poked through but I don't want to throw them away.
>>
>>9106640
the only i would prioritize help with is the weapon and the gun. everything else i can use some creative thinking.
>>
File: hunter_axe.jpg (20KB, 408x409px) Image search: [Google]
hunter_axe.jpg
20KB, 408x409px
>>9106647
>>
>>9106651
Wood dowel handle, pink insulation foam blade, Paper clay for details, cover everything in plastidip, paint, wrap handle in strips of gauze make it nasty with grey and black paint.
>>
File: zombie-2.jpg (23KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
zombie-2.jpg
23KB, 640x360px
>>9104496
Why not just do this dude or something similar? If you are trying to dress up as Hestia or Rem from Re:Zero you have to do that in advance.
>>
>>9105916
You usually discuss that in advance with the photographer. Like what poses, etc.
>>
File: ask cgl about this 2.jpg (64KB, 565x800px) Image search: [Google]
ask cgl about this 2.jpg
64KB, 565x800px
Question: how do I put my ponytail through the hair and make the idiot strand on top?
>>
File: ask cgl about this.jpg (71KB, 589x800px) Image search: [Google]
ask cgl about this.jpg
71KB, 589x800px
>>9106691
Same picture but the front.
>>
File: 8734567.jpg (17KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
8734567.jpg
17KB, 100x100px
Does anyone have a good guide to fabric and/or fabric selection, specifically different kinds of cotton.

I'm new to sewing and I'm trying to make a dress but I read that broadcloth is bad and I don't know of any other types of cotton excluding quilting cotton.
>>
>>9106725
http://www.derangeddesigns.com/fabricguide.html

What are you making though? Cotton might not even be what you need.
>>
>>9106725
Broadcloth is bad because it's too light. Any midweight cotton or cotton-polyester mix will generally work well for most simple costumes. What are you making?
>>
File: tumblr_inline_n6aux3v9v01qjgjx6.jpg (43KB, 375x297px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_n6aux3v9v01qjgjx6.jpg
43KB, 375x297px
>>9106691
It's called an ahoge.
>Cut two felt shapes in a color close to wig
>Sandwich a wire between them and glue
>Cover felt with wig fiber and hairpsray liberally
>Wire into wig when done

Don't get the ponytail question.
>>
>>9106725
Broadcloth can actually be good from a quality supplier, but most of the time it's referring specifically to the kind available at Joann and other common fabric retailers that's meant for quilting that is super thin, tissuey and wrinkles a ton. It's usually a trap for babby's first cosplay because it's available in a ton of colors and cheap.
>>
>>9106727
>>9106728
Just a pretty generic maid dress, nothing complicated. The same kind of material should be fine for both the dress and the apron, right?

Thank you for your replies by the way.
>>
>>9106258
>should i do a something like a mermaid skirt with really padded hips?

I think that would be best, anon.

--

Now for my own question to the thread: could anyone help me locate a fabric that would appear to be black in normal or low lighting, but have a red-ish shine when strong light hits it? I'm looking around myself but not having much luck yet.
>>
>>9106756
Polyester will work too. Good rule of thumb is to take some of the fabric and crumple a corner in your fist. If it wrinkles easily, don't get it. If you have a Joann fabrics I recommend their Sew Classic suiting fabrics

Never go to Joann without googling coupons first
>>
File: Capture.png (923KB, 658x889px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
923KB, 658x889px
>>9106765
Red/black iridescent fabrics are the first thing that comes to mind but probably isn't what you want. Short answer: no

Long answer: Sounds like something that might be better to alter in post/photoshop. Otherwise I suppose you could experiment with building a black garment with a very sheer red fabric over it.
>>
>>9106767
Okay, thank you so much.
>>
>>9106771
I'm thinking more along the lines of a very, very, VERY dark red that fools you into thinking it might be black until adequate light hits it. I probably should have been clearer, sorry.
>>
>>9106830
Velvet?
>>
File: IMG_0688a.jpg (136KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0688a.jpg
136KB, 400x300px
>>9106765

Go for a wine red/black taffeta. The warp can be red and the weave black.

That's the closest you'll get to a fabric that does what you need it to.
>>
>>9104453
also this
"white" contacts >>9107023
>>
File: megumin.png (108KB, 278x559px) Image search: [Google]
megumin.png
108KB, 278x559px
I wanna cosplay a genderbent Megumin.
I made the top more like a long sleeved shirt, and already managed to make the cape.
But Im still not sure what to wear under it. I was thinking shorts or pants under it but what color or model?
>>
>>9106620
my actual costume wasn't based off the reference pic :( sorry if thats disappointing! I guess I could hit up a selfpost thread so I dont shit up this one?
>>
I need help. I really have a hard time with false eyelashes. My lashes curl naturally, and they get in the way of me being able to place the lashes properly on my lash line. Also, when I press them down with my finger or tweezers, it gets stuck to the glue and when I lift it away the lashes come off again, It's so frustrating!
>>
File: firefox_2016-07-19_20-41-58.png (88KB, 923x924px) Image search: [Google]
firefox_2016-07-19_20-41-58.png
88KB, 923x924px
>>9106300
have you or your friend, perhaps, ever heard of google?

>http://www.miccostumes.com/blog/6-ways-to-make-fake-big-boobs-for-cosplay/
>http://technoranma.tumblr.com/post/111435123211/the-boobs-you-made-for-your-cosplay-what-material
>>
>>9107281
I've given up on those completely. It sounds like you might have laches like mine that are pretty good to begin with. At most I'll use a couple add out partials on my corners but I compensate with lots of mascara and eyeliner.
>>
>>9106732
I know how to make one. The problem is trying to get it through the hat and position like picture related here >>9106693 along with the ponytail.
>>
File: Flare_vs._Lucy.png (329KB, 640x363px) Image search: [Google]
Flare_vs._Lucy.png
329KB, 640x363px
>>9107285
"We were thinking fake breasts, like some Ryuko Matoi cosplayers do....."

Yes. Yes we did. As I said, the issue lies with keeping them in place due to Flare's almost exposed chest. If you notice in various scenes of the anime, her dress straps are small and her breasts are huge. *Correction; in her words - there's no place to hide seams of the fake boobs.

Those links show off fake breasts with characters that have enclosed tops with underboob or partially covered on the side. Flare's dress is very open compared to those.

Here's a pic of the back of Flare's dress. Hiding fake boobs is rather.......impossible from what I can tell.
>>
>>9107412
Just attach it TO the hat instead of fishing it through a hole in the hat? (the small strand, not the ponytail). I mean that's what I 'd do.

>>9107414
She has a halter top. You an do it. If you make the dress fitted enough it will hold them up part way, I would create some sort of "enclosure" to put them in for her to wear. Maybe even a super modified leotard with places to attach the fake breasts. There's also the clear straps option to get them harnessed around her back. It isn't the easiest endeavor given how low down her dress is cut but I think if you play around with it you can do it.
>>
File: street-fighter-v-laura[1].jpg (106KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
street-fighter-v-laura[1].jpg
106KB, 600x450px
trying to do a rule 63 cosplay of laura matsuda from street fighter 5, particularly of her premium outfit. However, i'm having trouble locating a similar style of jacket.

outfit in-game: https://youtu.be/j7LL6HQpwxg
>>
File: YotsuyuPic.png (893KB, 538x884px) Image search: [Google]
YotsuyuPic.png
893KB, 538x884px
I'm cosplaying Yotsuyu Yagiyama from jojo's soon and I'm completely stumped as to how to make the spikes. I've seen people sew spikes but they always come out a bit bent and limp. Does anyone have any ways to make a lot of small spikes that wont break as I walk, sit etc.?
>>
>>9107421
Thanks! I'll pass this along.
>>
has anyone found a yellow gi anywhere? preferably bjj
>>
>>9107497
Weren't you just on /k/?
Anyway, if you can't find one, try dying a white gi Shouldn't be too hard.
>>
>>9107501
lol, yeah.

>dying a white gi
we may be on to something here. thank you
>>
File: akuma homura aniplex art.jpg (280KB, 1049x1500px) Image search: [Google]
akuma homura aniplex art.jpg
280KB, 1049x1500px
>>9104401
>>9098811
Homucifer's wings: I made them earlier this year and followed Deanna Lee's tutorial http://deanna-lee.deviantart.com/art/Akuma-Homura-wings-tutorial-back-447133355; it was tedious work but I'm very pleased with how they turned out. I did a few things differently though:

1) I used flexible copper pipe instead of the stiff kind because I wanted the curves in the bone.

2) For the white parts, I used layers of craft foam with a layer of buckram in between. I used these instead of insulation foam because I didn't want to risk having them crack if something hit them.

3) To attach them, instead of the 'sock tube' in the dress, I used clear bra straps in an 'x' shape. The wings have a shape like this ```\_/``` and can separate via a connection along the bottom 'L' with random fittings I found in the plumbing department.

Hope this helps, good luck anon!
>>
>>9107442
Get actual spikes. Cover with Blue plastidip for extra safety if you're worried about con policy Most come blunt. Sorry for huge link. Just be sure to make your garment well interfaced, it might need to be really still to keep it from flopping over

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=spikes+fabric+craft&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xmetal+spikes+craft.TRS1&_nkw=metal+spikes+craft&_sacat=0
>>
>>9107503
Be careful with this one. When you dye things the dye can usually do cotton, or polyester but not both. Meaning if something is a cotton/poly blend some of the fibers won't dye and it will come out lighter than you want. No amount of vinegar or salt or soda ash seems to change this. If you need a dark/bright yellow get a 100% cotton gi. If it can be lighter then a blend is fine just pay attention.
>>
File: Yuuki Terumi (64).png (9KB, 204x440px) Image search: [Google]
Yuuki Terumi (64).png
9KB, 204x440px
Plan on making my first cosplay, this seems simple enough for most parts

If I can just get an idea on what fabric to go for the orange overcoat, I'll try figure out on how I go about making it
>>
File: 855524529.jpg (205KB, 650x434px) Image search: [Google]
855524529.jpg
205KB, 650x434px
>>9107429
It's a Brazilian Jiu jutsu gi.

I hope this isn't unsolicited advice but not a lot of gis are made in yellow since only blue, white, and black are allowed in tournaments, so depending on your budget and how accurate you want to be, you could buy a yellow one with patches already on it but it looks like that would run you almost $200 so I think your best option is buying a plain white one and dyeing it. Though even that can be pretty expensive so you might want to consider using a Judogi or a Karate gi instead, though the differences between them are worth noting: Karate gis are lightweight, Judo gis are a lot heavier so that you can grab onto them without tearing, and BJJ gis are like Judo gis except shorter. That said, her coat seems pretty lightweight, so using a Karate gi as your base would probably be the best option. Additionally the bottom of hers is the same length all around but gis have openings on the side so I think the implication is that she's cut off the bottom part? Because of that the extra length shouldn't even be a problem since you can just cut it to what is appropriate.

Sorry I couldn't say this more concisely, I just woke up so I blame that.

TL;DR buy a karate gi, dye it, cut it, and then add the details.
>>
>>9107663
Orange polyester or duck cloth. Look up applique for the designs. Or freezepaper stencils
>>
>>9104401

>>9104342
I'd use bodypaint anyway, it's the detail that counts.

>>9101587
I usually go a little darker than the wig. White -> grey eyebrows, blonde -> light brown eyebrows.
For getting rid of your eyebrows, look up drag makeup. It's basically purple gluestick + foundation. You might need several coats if your eyebrows are thick.

>>9105270
It's a pretty typical style with exaggerated details. The collar and the cuffs are really prominent.
You can try looking at pirate jackets for help.

>>9105894
Like a washer?

>>9105994
Before gets better results but you can still do it after.

>>9106220
http://lolibrary.org/apparel/baroque-rabbit-circus-jsk
>>
>>9106643
Sew it back up? There's not much else you can do.
Although for future reference, wear liners (they're like thin no-show socks) with your stockings/tights to keep them from getting damaged in the shoe.

>>9107234
Try to match the socks, I guess? Altered pants where one leg is black and one is white.
>>
Starting to do a cosplay of Cloud and starting with the hair. Wondering if this wig in particular is good enough. Just asking since 194 was sold so maybe someone on here bought it. It says it's not styled but could it actually become as good as pic related? I'm sure the pic is used without permission and the cosplayer isn't using a wig from the seller but just in case I'm curious. If not does anyone know how to get started on making Clouds hair in general and how to avoid making it not look like crap like some are when looking on google images?

http://m.ebay.com/itm/406-Final-Fantasy-VII-Cloud-Strife-Short-Blonde-Anime-Cosplay-Hair-Wig-/190821826196?nav=SEARCH

Decided to make a first time thread of my own before someone directed me here.
>>
if I'm making hard armor for a cosplay out of paper mache like chest and wrist pieces what's a good way to attach it to my clothes underneath?
I need to be able to take it on and off regularly and it's being made in a bunch of pretty clunky separate pieces but the only thing I really have on me is velcro and I'm not sure how strong that stuff really is
>>
I'm learning how to knit, but someone I made a mistake? I have no idea how to fix this and I don't want to lose all of my work over a hole in one spot, is there anywhere I can go where someone will just help me really quick to fix this?
>>
>>9108259
what?
if you don't want to pull it apart, just leave it there, mistakes happen and generally it'll change nothing
hell I'm pretty sure I've been knitting my tube scarf with both my left and right hands
>>
File: 1467383961476.jpg (128KB, 960x608px) Image search: [Google]
1467383961476.jpg
128KB, 960x608px
>>9105894
Thank a nigga

http://www.kyleswitchplates.com/wall-plate-straps-for-mounting-switch-covers-to-electrical-boxes/
>>
>>9107928
Considering that there's no pictures of what the wig will look like when you receive it, I wouldn't go with that seller.
Arda's wigs are good for heavy styling and spiking. I'd recommend https://arda-wigs.com/shop/magnum-classic-cosplay-wig/ in either Light Blonde or Fairy Blonde. Possibly with extra weft.
It's not as cheap as the ebay wig but it's much more reputable.

>>9107989
Velcro is usually what people use, honestly. It's fine as long as it's securely attached to the armor. Make sure you have pieces that go over your shoulders, it'll take the weight of the armor off the velcro.
Attaching armor directly to clothes looks terrible and is impractical, don't bother with it.
>>
>>9106896
That looks pretty good! Thank you!
>>
>>9107989
>>9108502
** also
Elastic straps might be of use to you. It really depends on what you're doing
>>
Might be more /an/, but definitely more crafty:

Does anyone have experience with making dresses for larger dogs? All the made ones and plans I can find are for much smaller dogs.
>>
Can anyone recommend a good shopping service for secondhand taobao? (2.taobao.com)
>>
Does anyone have pics of lolita that is above the knee but still counts as lolita? Even ouji examples would be ok
>>
>>9107234
sportswear may be a good place to look.

I would consider either compression shorts or pants and keep with the shorter dress/tunic (ZR is a big theme in KonoSuba), and another reason to look at compression pants is they may have a "one leg white, one leg black" which would work for your coloring needs.

If that doesn't work then maybe mix and match some tights, or do just one black tight and then ace wrap the white leg.
>>
Suggestions for an SS in Tokyo? Possibly considering going after the LaForet sets.
>>
Sorry if this is a bit of a wordy question, but I'm still a beginner and I still need to experiment with fabrics and such. I won't be needed this done for another five or six months, so I have a lot of time to experiment. My main concerns are what fabric to make the bodysuit out of. I originally thought of going with what a lot of batman cosplayers use, but I think I'd like something a bit thicker and more flattering for lack of a better word, something a bit more forgiving to the body. And also, how would you suggest attaching the arrow like paneling that goes up the chest? Or creating it in general, I'm playing with a few ideas but more experienced people might be able to think of something a bit more inventive
>>
>>9109359
I actually decided that a four way stretch vinyl or faux leather would probably be best, but any advice about the details or overall construction is still greatly appreciated.
>>
File: Aoyama.Yuuga.full.1980504.jpg (196KB, 800x565px) Image search: [Google]
Aoyama.Yuuga.full.1980504.jpg
196KB, 800x565px
Any recommendations on wigs to use for Aoyama Yuuga from Boku no Hero Academia?
>>
File: Magnum-081-FRONT-320x480.jpg (27KB, 320x480px) Image search: [Google]
Magnum-081-FRONT-320x480.jpg
27KB, 320x480px
>>9109381
Ardas Magnum classic in fairy blonde would work well. You will for sure have to style it a bit. They actually have a tutorial to create gravity defying bangs as well for that little thing he has going on with the right side. You'll obviously still have to comb, straighten, and style sections to get the right look.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDUs78Ag74g
>>
File: ekubo.png (117KB, 1100x786px) Image search: [Google]
ekubo.png
117KB, 1100x786px
i want to make a dimple to hover around me for my mob cosplay but i'm wondering if tulle would be a good idea to make the lil dude out of.
>>
File: 1436140364277.jpg (126KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1436140364277.jpg
126KB, 640x640px
Any advice for getting dancer tights for a fair skinned person who isn't paper white? I ordered capezio tights in ballet pink and they were too pale. The light suntan was too dark. I feel like I am right in between those two colors.
>>
>>9109328
accio tokyo (ex tokyo pirates)

>>9109092
maybe you shouldask the taobao thread (and if someone tells you to check the spreadsheet tell them to look at how old the fucking spreadsheet is)

>>9109378
>no
vinyl and faux leather are incredibly difficult to sew and can fuck up most cheaper machines and are shit hard to make fit well on the body, you should probably reconsider

>>9109414
go to an actual dance store near you and look at the different colours they have on offer

>>9109410
tulle usually has holes in it so if you're ok with that, sure I guess
you might want to consider organza which has less holes in it, but is more of a bitch to sew
>>
>>9109414
Nude is a perfect mix of the two colours and is what I and all my fair friends use. Just a bit harder to come by.
>>
Is there any way to lighten fabric just a shade or two? I know you can use color remover, but I'm worried about it lifting too much of the dye.

I'm not entirely sure what the fabric is made of, it's a fleecey fabric. Not sure if that makes a difference.

Trying to get my old bear pajamas to the right shade of brown for an eevee cosplay.
>>
>>9109359
Agreeing with the other anon, that's way too much for a beginner, unless you're just a beginner to cosplay but have a ton of sewing experience.
If you really want to go for it, I'd recommend a 4-way matte stretch vinyl and faux leather for the other parts, but yeah you'd need a beefy sewing machine and a lot of extra fabric for testing.

>>9109521
Your best bet would be to leave it in direct sunlight and see if it fades it a bit, but that depends on the type of fabric.
That's pretty much the only way to gently lighten something.
>>
>>9109442
Tried Accio but they are full. I guess I am too late at the point.
>>
File: Hollykira.png (703KB, 684x640px) Image search: [Google]
Hollykira.png
703KB, 684x640px
I'm cosplaying Holy Joestar soon and I have no idea what to do for the neck piece that she has in order to put the little "H"s on the fabric. I have no experience in embroidery or anything like that so I was thinking maybe custom fabric, but does anyone have techniques in order to achieve that kind of design other than that? I'm also not sure of what her glasses might be called, but I think that I could easily make them, I'm just not sure of what material to use.
>>
>>9109650
This is one of those times where you have to evaluate how much time, patience and money you want to spend to achieve a certain look that most people won't notice. If you want to be spot on, great, but honestly I would just look for a very chunky-knit scarf
>>
File: 1439661087586.jpg (85KB, 600x901px) Image search: [Google]
1439661087586.jpg
85KB, 600x901px
Can anyone give suggestions elevator shoes(?) and/or places to buy them? Something along the lines of 4+ inches heels. Being small and cosplaying tall characters is hard.
>>
>>9109749
If it's not accurate to the character, I really wouldn't bother. It looks terrible.
If you're doing a photoshoot, angle/crop shots that make you appear taller, but aside from that no one will bat at eye at your height.
>>
>>9109553
>>9109442
Would wet look spandex be a better alternative? I just dislike that a lot of the greys are a metallic silver in that fabric type.
>>
>>9109650
Seconding the other anon. It's such a small detail that making the H out of a similar material to the ones on the hat and bracelet type things and gluing/sewing it on the neck would be fine. Painting craft foam as long and you did it cleanly would still look good.
>>
File: me_irl.png (295KB, 660x441px) Image search: [Google]
me_irl.png
295KB, 660x441px
>>9104375
How do you meet people that are into this kind of stuff? I'd love to try all this cosplaying and stuff, but i've literally no idea where to meet people that are into it.
>>
>>9109800
Really depends on where you live. Cons are the beat bet but bigger cities have Facebook groups and side events at parks and stuff
>>
File: i_no_speak_moonrunes.png (2MB, 1173x1017px) Image search: [Google]
i_no_speak_moonrunes.png
2MB, 1173x1017px
Is anyone here able to read japanese? I don't know what these mean, and I couldn't find the text anywhere in the description so I could Google Translate.

Kept picture big so you can see the text better
>>
>>9109831
well at the bottom it says koro jinja
>>
>>9109831
Well this is the weirdest fucking merchandise I've ever seen. It's, like... the Shinto equivalent of, like, anime characters on saint candles,
Koro Jinja is "Koro Shrine". The small black text at the center top is "Yume ga genjitsu ni naru," 'dreams will become reality'.
Pink is "Prayer for the New Year", purple is "Prayer for Passing (exams)", blue is "Prayer for Health", red is "Prayer for Romantic Love" written with the pre-war kanji for the ren in ren'ai.
>>
I want to print my own fabrics for lolita dresses, and while I've looked around and read reviews for spoonflower, woven monkey, and fabric on demand, I'm not satisfied with how they print border fabrics. Anyone know good websites? For fabric, I just want good quality cotton for now.
>>
File: no.png (9KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
no.png
9KB, 100x100px
>>9109845
gdi anon
>my face rn

>>9109865
Thanks anon, you rock. My friend will have one hell of a good laugh once I give her this
>>
>>9109770
it's slightly easier but still pretty fucking hard, sewing machines don't always do well with them and stretch fabrics are also a struggle to fit well. it's certainly more reasonable, but you will definitely want to make mock-ups in regular cotton first in that case (well you would anyway)
I'd just go for a solid cotton or cotton-poly blend if you're starting off, there's so many different ones that you're sure to find something that kinda works (slightly stretchy opaque cotton) and you probably won't be able to hit screen accuracy level or anything anyway when starting off.

>>9109749
guy or girl? if girl, platforms or slut heels (stiletto?). if guy, you can try looking up heel inserts but they def won't give you 4 inches
>>
File: tumblr_mwfm88MDq61rlwxq1o1_500.gif (324KB, 500x266px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mwfm88MDq61rlwxq1o1_500.gif
324KB, 500x266px
So, relatively simple question but I'm still a newfag when comes to wig styling...
To achieve Tweek's unkempt, spiky hair...would I need to tease the wig or try and spike with hair gel/cement/glue...or something else entirely?
>>
>>9109926
Teasing+hair gel (most people like G2B gel). Some people also use Elmer's glue, especially for spikes. Depending on how realistic you want it to, you might look at foam cores to make some of those spikes. There are lots of tutorials if you look up wig spikes.
>>
>>9109926
Why are there so many underage South Park cosplayers again so suddenly? I thought this died off a couple years go.
>>
>>9109927
I'm definitely trying for a more realistic look. I already have some G2B gel on hand so I'll try it out (after I look up more tutorials). Thanks for the reply!
>>
>>9109929
Well...I myself am not underage (depending on your definition of underage) I'm just relatively new to cosplay...
As for the underage South Park cosplayers suddenly popping up...edgy phase? I don't know. I'm personally just an SP fan.
>>
>>9109929
Creek
>>
this is probably a stupid question, but I only just started posting here yesterday and couldn't seem to find anything in the sticky about this. I know nothing about lolita, I came here for cosplay stuff, and I keep seeing people mention coords and I've not really sure what they actually are.
>>
>>9109978
lurk more

Seriously, just don't post, and read everyone else's responses. Use context clues.
>>
>>9109978
Coords are short for coordinate. It's basically a full outfit (so blouse + skirt + wig sometimes + jewelry + socks/tights, etc.)
>>
>>9109984
right. I think I'd started to figure that out but I still wasn't too sure

>>9109983
So far I've mostly been lurking/posting some of my old cosplays in the relevant threads, guess I was just a bit impatient from being used to other boards, I usually stick to /mu/.
>>
File: jacket.jpg (495KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
jacket.jpg
495KB, 800x800px
What size letter should I purchase for a jacket cosplay, 2 1/2 inch or 4 1/2 inch? Really leaning towards 4 1/2, but I'd like advice from someone who has done it before.
>>
How would one go about making armour like this?
>>
>>9110167
Sintra or worbla base, wrap with silver car shrink wrap.
>>
>>9110183
Can sintra be heat formed?
>>
>>9110220
Yep and a single piece can stand on its own unlike worbla which needs to cover something or be sandwiched with foam
>>
>>9110222
Thanks a million anon
This is still being saved for when I'm 3-4 projects more experienced though
>>
>>9110157
Letters in real letter jackets are huge, so go 4 inch
>>
what kind of fabric should I use for this dress?
Also, where is a good place to start to make the coin-like belt?
>>
>>9109919
>>9109757

Thanks for the input! Yeah it can look pretty bad sometimes so we're still thinking about it. It's for a guy character and to be clearer it's mostly because of it being a partner cosplay and the chars. and our irl heights are switched. We have a 2 inch difference between us so I wanted to see if there was anything that could get me that additional height over them while we go around con(s).
>>
>>9110330
You can look into the heel inserts as the other anon mentioned. They won't give you 4" of height but it'll be something more.
Also a shoe with a heel, maybe an inch or two, would help.

Just don't get those clunky platforms that every Asian cosplayer uses.
>>
I'm looking for a very specific spear/lance/naginata tutorial that showed a specific type of segmenting rod to use for easy breakdown. Does anyone have that so I know what I'm looking for before I start?
>>
>>9109919
That was the plan! I knew i wanted to play with the fabrics a bit and pretty much create the whole thing with a cheaper alternative to know how i may need to alter the pattern later. I have okay sewing skills along with a seasoned family member who could help me and give pointers whenever i need them. Like i said i have about six months to play with the design and practice on cheaper stretch fabrics. Thanks for hitting the idea home that i need to tread and pick wisely though!
>>
Is there any Canada specific site I can buy cosplay at a reasonable price?
>>
I'm looking for a good bonnet to coord with the day dream carnival OP in sax. Any suggestions?
>>
>>9110330
>>9110348
yeah 4" probably won't be a thing but you can at least manage to equalise your heights with inserts

>>9110487
alright, good, you sound pretty set and not like complete bumbling idiot so I have faith in you
>>
File: IMG_20160722_194521.jpg (3MB, 4208x2368px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160722_194521.jpg
3MB, 4208x2368px
I bought this hat and it's really flimsy since it's only made of fabric, any advice how to make it more rigid?

I'm thinking of making a carboard backing for it but I cannot sew so I'll probably just end up hot gluing it all together.
>>
>>9110630
fuck forgot what it's called but maybe some of that plastic stuff you can iron on? It's on the backs of patches. That stuff is pretty firm.
>>
File: helppls.png (678KB, 1224x374px) Image search: [Google]
helppls.png
678KB, 1224x374px
I'm making this helm atm.
its only second papermache layer.

I usually make 2 layers add the details, make 3rd layer then use the fines sandpaper to make it smooth.

Worbla is hella expensive any cheaper method to make the surface smoother?
>>
>had faux fur pajamas
>laundered them myself, delicate cycle, no problems
>mother did the laundry one day
>put them in hot dryer
>faux fur ruined

Is there a way to un-ruin it? I want to cut the pajamas up and use the fabric for a costume, but I'd prefer it if they were soft again.
>>
>>9110325

I did this cosplay! I was more concerned about colour accuracy than anything, so I just made the dress from poplin since that's what I could find that was closest. For the yellow details I used bias tape, it looked very strong and goemetric, and came out way better than some fabric paint tests I did. The bias tape was a bit thicker than I would have liked but I think the overall effect was good.

For the belt I looked everywhere for some disc and circle shapes I could glue together and came up with nothing. I had a friend resin cast the shapes for me, each with two holes, and threaded a thin rope between all of them.
>>
>>9104435
I agree with the other anon, a knot pinned on would be more accurate but would look pretty weird and is probably not(knot? heuheuhee) what people think of when they see that shirt. I'd just go for an especially loose kind of shirt with a tie in the front since the knot will make it tighter if that makes sense?

>>9104477
Like the other anon said just say it makes you legs cooler or your socks less itchy or something. If your family is more chill you could get away with something like you just like the way it feels or looks. And if you're nuts you can take up swimming just so you can have an excuse to get rid of your body hair.
>>
File: 3546658.jpg (122KB, 500x701px) Image search: [Google]
3546658.jpg
122KB, 500x701px
>>9104496
> is it paradoxical to not be skinny and want to crossdress as something cute?

No? Why would it be any more paradoxical than a non skinny girl dressing as something cute?

Anyway the biggest thing is whether or not you'll be able to pull it off in the first place, try putting on a wig and makeup (fake lashes blush etc) and see how you look objectively, not through sad bad self esteem eyes and not with delusions of grandeur because your face will be one of the, if not the most important part, like it or not. If your face is cute with the makeup or even just decent - and being bigger might even be helpful here - then you're in about the best place you can be as far as not being judged/made fun of. The other thing to consider is the actual cosplay/dress/whatever you'll be wearing, at your size and height there's almost no chance you'll be able to find something girly to wear premade so you'd either have to commission it or make it yourself. Assuming you don't have much experience sewing and/or patternmaking since you're a guy and this will be your first con that might be an issue as well, as a poorly made or ill fitting garment of any kind will not do you any favors in looking cute. Your first endeavor into anything will probably not look great so just be prepared for that, furthermore be aware that no matter how good you are, as long as people can still tell you're a dude you're probably going to be judged and/or made fun of because >muh gender roles. Of course, do whatever you want, if it's what you want to do and you think you'll have fun despite whatever, go for it, but these are just some things to think about before you do that.

By the way is your first con going be be AWA?

Some links you may find helpful:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cSXg-FWokg
http://rinsenpai.tumblr.com/post/94453915535/thought-id-post-this-separately-so-it-could-maybe
http://www.sockdreams.com/products/socks/ (these socks are made specifically to fit big and/or long legs)
>>
>>9110709
bleh gross
>>
File: Griffith Cosplay.png (3MB, 2584x3552px) Image search: [Google]
Griffith Cosplay.png
3MB, 2584x3552px
TLDR: Griffith from Berserk, best way to cosplay?

Hi /cgl/!
>Be poorfag
>Male 5'5" (1.7 m)
>NYCC coming up
>Want to be Gurifisu, non-armor
>Most likely getting white ruffled pirate/medieval/renaissance top
>Unsure on the bottoms

I'm going on the various ways he was depicted in the anime adaptations, and it seems he either wore breeches
>(real ones are too pricey for me tbqh, unless you have a source for yours) or linen/silk/wool pants.

>Most of the costume shops seem to have them in velour- will this look good?

>Is it better to do long pants tucked into boots, or short pants/mock breeches with white socks/leggings and brown dress shoes?

>Best/cheapest sources for decent cosplay materials (is ebay, dhgate, amazon recommended?)

Thx, I'll be around to answer follow-up questions sporadically while the thread is still up!
>>
>>9110632
Interfacing.
>>
>>9110666
I've had this happen with some stuffed animals when I was little.
The dryer basically melts the hairs together so.. no there's nothing you can do about it. That really sucks.

>>9110709
Not this person but I want to note: not all of Sock Dreams' products are made for big/long legs. It'll say in the title or description what it can fit. Make sure to check that.
>>
>>9110782
Are you a qt?
>>
>>9110804
Um.. if it's for purposes of better tailoring an answer I might post me as Rosalina
>(first time cosplaying, last year)
for reference later
>>9110782
Btw I'm going to come back with a components chart:
>what I need
>what I have
>what I'm making
>possibilities and options
to see what this board thinks
>>9110630
>I'm thinking of making a carboard backing
I was thinking the same thing around the inner circumference- but more so the thin cardboard used for baseball caps to keep it from getting clunky.

>I cannot sew
Maybe go on youtube and practice some patterns on rags and different types of fabric?
>>9110167
>Post God-Hand
2/10
JK though, but I have seen great stuff done with Wonderflex. My assumption would be to have at least enough material for the
>forearm x2
>upper arm X2
>knee x2
>upper leg x2
>lower leg X2
>chest plate (2 separate parts seems to me the way to go)
>mask (2 or 3 separate parts.
Just be glad Griffith doesn't wear plated boots- those seem like a pain in the ass to make esp. to for.

So it seems here the most complex portion is the legs, and that to replicate it on an actual life size human would take about 20 strips of overlapping material per leg, with tied around with inner straps. The only problem I see would be restricting of movement as to not fook it up, but I'l try to ask someone who did cp armor before and see if I can relay a decent reply.
>>9106300
Male here. When I went as Ros I cheapened out and used toilet paper under a padded bra- it didn't look too bad but on closer inspection it probably was pretty obvious.

In hindsight I would have used rubber pads.
>>
I'm in shape and have a large gothic lolita wardrobe, but I have a horrible butterface. Are there are non-ita options for covering it up?
>>
>>9110851
lace masks, but use a wider strip. veiled hats are also an option.
>>
>>9110790
Ah, right this is true. I meant to say "they make socks that are made specifically to fig big and/or long legs" not "these socks are made specifically to fit big and/or long legs"
>>
>>9106300
If you're willing to drop the money on it, a drag queen breast plate would work.
>>
Is the general consensus that one should always wear a wig in lolita? I've seen a ton of coords being praised that seem to not have any wig at all but a major complaint in the ita thread seems to be that there's no wig. What's the deal?
>>
>>9111014
If your hair looks good or if you can make it look good with proper styling, you don't need a wig.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-25-20-25-15.png (405KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-25-20-25-15.png
405KB, 540x960px
I'm gonna do byakuren hijiri from touhou and I'm going to make her scroll but don't know what material to make it out of it needs to be light but tough and wide (also moderately cheap, pic related)
>>
>>9111014
Some people think lolita looks better without a wig (because a wig sometimes makes it look costumey)
But it generally depends on your natural hair. If your hair's limp, greasy, frizzy, etc. you'd be better off getting a wig.
>>
>>9111025
Is this a fanart because this looks like one of the shittiest looking Touhou characters I've ever seen.
>>
>>9111117
Sadly its zuns shitty ass art
>>
So I bought something from ebay for the first time on Tuesday. It wasn't even a big order, just some hair bows and clips. It's now Friday and I still haven't received a shipping email yet. Should I be worried?
>>
>>9111121
It's only friday. Wait until next tues and then maybe send a message to the seller.
>>
File: megavitamin.jpg (14KB, 185x241px) Image search: [Google]
megavitamin.jpg
14KB, 185x241px
any ideas how to make an oversized pill for a dr. mario cosplay?
>>
>>9111237
Take two soda bottles. Chop them in half. Cut the spouts off and block it closed. Slide one on the other top. Glue together.
>>
>>9111237
awhile ago I had to make some similar shapes and I made the body out of a tube of chicken wire and for the ends I bought a foam ball from a craft store and cut it in half with a hack saw then glued it all together
it let me get comically oversized cyllindrical shapes with round ends, and I smoothed it out by covering it all with paper mache, wood filler, and silicone caulk that I sanded down
>>
>>9111117
Is this bait? Damn secondaries
>>
I'm trying to make a sort of mirror like reflective surface and I'm kind of stumped on what material I ought to use
Would flattened out aluminum foil work? I'd really prefer to not use glass for my prop
>>
File: tumblr_nykk350UuT1ssbwqro1_1280.png (1MB, 1172x1328px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nykk350UuT1ssbwqro1_1280.png
1MB, 1172x1328px
every single rori mercury cosplay or cosplayer I can find has her front just printed on. isn't it a corset thing? But I can't figure out how it should work
>>
>>9111294
>printed on
That's.. so sad..
But yeah, it looks like it should be laced up.
>>
File: Untitled.png (632KB, 649x588px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
632KB, 649x588px
>>9110709
yeah i think i'll be going to awa, i live in north georgia.

i don't know. i've thought about it, and it's honestly going to come across as cringey, even if the makeup and costume are well done. and even if it isn't cringey, i think i'll look back and think badly of it, and never want to do anything like that again.

i'd really like to go though. i read some suggestions on the forum for bigger guys, and found Honda from Streetfighter to be much more simpler and easy. i think i look like him a lot, after working out some more, and i think i'm going to give it a try.

i just have to build up the motivation to be half naked the whole time while i'm there. i might not be able to do it, and i'll be going alone...
>>
>>9111348
You'll find that once you're at the con you'll have more confidence in being more naked than usual. Especially if your hotel is very close to the con and you don't have to deal with normies. You have a good bod for Honda, don't cheap out of the face makeup go with mehron or ben nye
>>
File: image.jpg (21KB, 500x548px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21KB, 500x548px
I'm going to be cosplaying a character with a slight undercut mostly where the sideburns are. What would be the best way to go about that? (Asides from shaving my head, I like my hair as is.)

So far I was thinking of pouring some thin but tear-resistant prosthetics, punching it in with hair, shaving it and then attaching it to the sides of my wig. Good, bad?
>>
>>9111278
What's the prop?
>>
>>9110666
Sorry bby they're done. Happened to my sister's faux fur collar
>>
>>9111237
I'd use foam cylinder stock and a sphere of the same radius cut in half for the two ends. Maybe seal with white glue then paint
>>
>>9110824
That's pre God hand m8
>>
>>9111528
You'd be better just doing your hair like that. Notice that the upper hair is long and can cover up that spot as it grows out. I don't think that prosthetic stuff will work out well unless you have experience in that field. Otherwise it's a really tricky spot to fake.
>>
>>9111348
If you feel that way then yeah I probably wouldn't go for it, having a sour first con because of something like that would probably be really bad. But who knows, as you get more experience with cosplay construction and cons it might not seem as cringey.

E. Honda would be cool, as the other anon said you have a good bodytype for him, since he's pretty simple he'd be a good first cosplay, and AWA gets pretty hot so you'd probably be at a really comfy temperature.

AWA is a really fun con (honestly the only one I've been to consistently for 3 years bc I'm poor and live in the sticks but that aside) I'll probably say hi for a second if I see you and it's fine with you.

>>9111278
Have you considered auto foil?(pic related) since it's made for cars you can heat it up and it will wrap around any surface. It's pretty intuitive so you might not have any problems figuring it out but this person did a tutorial on it. http://kaypikefashion.deviantart.com/art/Cosplay-Metallics-SOLVED-FOREVER-464151191
>>
>>9111025
I don't have a suggestion but just to clarify you mean the "invisible" part, yes?
>>
>>9111621
Yeah don't know what the fuck to use
>>
>>9111025
Ohhhh man it wouldn't be flexible but it would be so sick if you used a big strip of acrylic with the designs etched in and lit the edge with LEDs
>>
File: Magikarp.jpg (264KB, 1364x595px) Image search: [Google]
Magikarp.jpg
264KB, 1364x595px
I'm thinking about making a Magikarp head and doing something like pic related.
I already have the shirt, and the poke stop I'm going to make out of some plastic scraps.
I already have a spare basket, and candy is candy, so all that's left to make is the Magikarp head.

Any ideas how I would go about making it?
>>
File: Heavy Plasma gun2.png (89KB, 720x416px) Image search: [Google]
Heavy Plasma gun2.png
89KB, 720x416px
>>9111533
It's a Heavy Plasma from UFO Enemy Unknown/ XCOM UFO Defense and I'm making a full Power Suit to go with it
I have a plastic disk to go in the end of the barrel and the circuit's already done to light up and make noise when I pull the trigger, but I was getting paranoid that the light might not point out the barrel how I wanted it to
I just wanted some reflective stuff around it to kind of help it on its way out the front end, almost like what a bunch of shop/ spot lights have
>>9111618
That stuff looks really neat but I think it might be kind of overkill for what I'm going for
If everything goes right you won't even see it and I don't need it to be a perfect fit for anything, just kinda shiny really
That is some really cool stuff though and I'll definitely keep it in mind for the future, that looks like the kind of stuff that could solve a lot of problems I was foreseeing for other projects, thanks!
>>
File: ESS58802_1_2.jpg (17KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
ESS58802_1_2.jpg
17KB, 400x400px
>>9111025
>>9111649
You could maybe check out the clear plastic that's used for clear folders and or paper covers or maybe like for laminating
I'm sure you could find this sort of thing at a Staples or other office supplies stores
>>
>>9111823
I really want to light it up but I don't know if I will be able to it would be pretty nice tho
>>
>>9111914
That's actually a really good idea thanks
>>
>>9111025
Clear vinyl from the utility fabric section.
>>
>>9111832
Paper mache over a balloon?
The balloon has to be bigger than your head, cover it in paper mache (many layers), pop the balloon, sand + prime + paint + seal
>>
>>9111832
You better be as big as that guy or bigger or it's just gonna be sad
>>
>>9111912
Oh that's nbd, just buy LEDs with a narrower beam. But if you end up needing that reflective surface you could probably get a sheet of Mylar for not much money
>>
File: 2014-04-03-22-16-12_deco.jpg (201KB, 800x650px) Image search: [Google]
2014-04-03-22-16-12_deco.jpg
201KB, 800x650px
I don't do lolita, hence this stupid question: any place for a good petticoat? It turns out I don't have the patience to actually sew a petticoat.
pic related
>>
>>9112386
Classical Puppets on taobao is probably your best bet!
>>
File: Petti-Jennifer.jpg (35KB, 267x401px) Image search: [Google]
Petti-Jennifer.jpg
35KB, 267x401px
>>9112386
Malco Modes! They last forever and keep their poof. I recommend "Jennifer".
>>
>>9112064
Not planning on doing the banana hammock, leaning towards red shorts, but since I swim frequently, may go with some red jammers to match the shirt as a backup, since i already have them.
>>
File: 1464039898784.jpg (73KB, 890x560px) Image search: [Google]
1464039898784.jpg
73KB, 890x560px
>>9112386
Looks like you should get a bell or "cupcake" shaped petti for this look. Classical Puppets has bell shaped ones but if you want a really nice quality petti thatll last forever get what >>9112483
said. the pic I included is how to pin the malco modes pettis into a bell shape that may better suit your cosplay
>>
same guy who posted >>9107928 here and has gotten help from>>9108502 which was very much appreciated. But now I need help with how to make the sword, shoulder guard, and lower arm guard. It could be anything as long as they look good. Nothing like forging actual metal or doing fiberglass. Also what fabric is the brown belt and suspenders?
>>
File: 1466404668510.png (231KB, 531x314px) Image search: [Google]
1466404668510.png
231KB, 531x314px
>>9112690
I meant your muscles, b-baka
>>
>>9112724
Adding on to what this anon said: Malco Modes also is coming out with bell shaped pettis soon, word has it.
>>
>>9112078
fug, I just got all the LEDs in place and the rest of the circuit was meant to work off the same power
I'm already making it so the electronic parts can be taken out and disconnected so my plan now is to try what I have and see how it works and if I'm not satisfied then I'll go about getting stronger LEDs and a way to power them
>>
File: Lysandre_XY_anime.png (68KB, 310x551px) Image search: [Google]
Lysandre_XY_anime.png
68KB, 310x551px
How would I even attempt the beard+hair combo on Lysandre here?
>>
File: TsurukoBio.png (116KB, 169x544px) Image search: [Google]
TsurukoBio.png
116KB, 169x544px
Hello! I'm really new at drafting and sewing but can anyone help me confirm what kind of skirt Tsuruko has on her uniform? Is it a four-paneled skirt with pleats? Please excuse me, English is not my first language.
>>
File: Blazing_Yato_Model_Render.png (47KB, 98x476px) Image search: [Google]
Blazing_Yato_Model_Render.png
47KB, 98x476px
How would I go about making the glowing yellow part of the blade?
>>
>>9113017
Enchant it

Would a fluorescent paint or similar derivative work?
>>
>>9113038
I was looking for something like this by rigging lights somehow,however now I think ordering yellow EL tape panels/strips would be the best way to get the right look for it....maybe?
>>
File: vaderanakin.jpg (79KB, 641x302px) Image search: [Google]
vaderanakin.jpg
79KB, 641x302px
>>9113068
The best way would probably be to make the edge from hollow glass, and have ligts light it up or summit from the inside.

I dunno tho, cos I'm no electrician, and stuff like that isn't my forte. I'm just thinking of how they get those expensive lightsabers to glow so well like in the pic
>>
>>9104477
Say you were at a bonfire with your friends and got too close to the fire.
>>
>>9112970
I think the term is fixed box pleat skirt.
>>
File: tron_fied_zack_and_cloud.jpg (104KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
tron_fied_zack_and_cloud.jpg
104KB, 720x960px
>>9113017
>>9113017
Hard mode -- Embed LEDs into acrylic and shape and build the rest around that. Look up "Stocking's Katana Tutorial"

Easy Mode -- Use reflective tape and have your photographer use a lot of flash
>>
>>9112970
I might be wrong but they look like reverse box pleats to me.
>>
>>9110679
thank you! do you have any other tips with the wig or how you did the jewelry or did you cast them?
>>
File: 181.jpg (11KB, 224x256px) Image search: [Google]
181.jpg
11KB, 224x256px
Sort of a newbie question but is the listing of lengths on petticoats totally accurate? I'm looking for a petti for a dress I'm going to make the will end at about the mid thigh, just above where shortish thigh high socks would end. From waist to there on me is about 53cm/21 inches so should I just get a petti that's about that length/a little shorter than the length of my skirt or do I need to compensate for the floofyness somehow? I've never worn a petticoat before and I'm quite tall so I'm scared of getting one that's too short.
>>
>>9113814
The petticoat's length is vertical, not diagonal. So basically it's from the waist to wherever you want it to end. What you need to compensate for is the amount of fabric used in the skirt: you'll need a longer piece of fabric for a poofed up skirt that's the same length as a non-poofed up skirt.
>>
>>9113822
Okay, thank you. Is there an easy way to calculate that or should I just get the petti first and then measure it diagonally?
>>
>>9113814
>>9113822
You're overthinking it. The petti needs to be shorter than the length of the skirt part of your dress, usually about 2-4" shorter. Too long is better than too short as you can always roll up the waistband to make it shorter if it's too long. You don't usually have the petti waistband right under the waist area of the dress or right on your natural waist, and you don't want it to show below your dress usually. Length is pretty accurate, just look for a petti that's about 19" long
>>
>>9113017
>>9113068
I know a bit about lights and probably the most interesting way I've seen that done is like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqQ3af5FzKQ
Just stick lights inside a resing casting, though I've never done any kind of casting or resin or that kind of stuff the idea is pretty straightforward
imo a better way to go about doing the same thing to make it easier, faster, and cheaper is like >>9113081 said and to have the lights inside a plastic or glass casing
The downside is that it'd be more fragile than resin (probably, I really don't know anything about resin) but it'd certainly be a lot more doable in every regard
>>
>>9110679
Piggybacking off of this look up doing mitered corners on bias tape because doing that well be key to making the corners look good.
>>
Can someone help me please!?

I ordered a dress through a taobao shopping service for the first time and I cancelled the order a couple of days after because I didnt have the funds for it, the company issued me a refund, the taobao service was fine with it too but the dress just came through the mail today and I've emailed both the taobao service and the company and they don't want me to return it? I've no idea what to do, no money was taken out of my account or anything. I got a free dress?
>>
>>9112849
nahhh, I'm not straight up big enough to match what he's done, so I don't plan to. Adaptation is the name of the game, anon :^)
>>
>>9113844
Thank you.

>>9113941
It's probably because it would cost more for them to pay for the shipping and/or man hours of getting it back than it would just to give you the dress. Something similar has happened to me before with a figure that ended up being a bootleg.
>>
How often does Bodyline have sales? I'm planning my first order and I'm not sure if I should wait for one or not.
>>
>>9114060
Mr. Yan so dreamy birthday sale. Half off everything wait till late August if you can
>>
>>9114195
Thanks!!
>>
Any suggestions on series with cute character designs that could be cosplayed by someone who definitely cannot pass for 15 years old anymore? I'm in a bit of a cosplay slump and I just want to make something cute for an upcoming con (that I preferably won't die of heat stroke in) but I'm past the Love Live age range.
>>
>>9114214
define cute
>>
>>9114214
Go to animecharacterdatabase and put in your age appearance and a color of wig you'd like. There's too many things now to zero in on something. Anything Macross if you want there's older idols.
>>
>>9114214
Final Fantasy Tactics generic class characters
>>
>>9114214
You can look into Idolmaster, there's a lot of variation while still in a 12-25 age range.
>>
>>9114216
Not super sexy or badass, covered enough that I don't have to worry about wardrobe malfunction, outfit with enough design and style to be fun to make and wear. If I were younger, I'd probably be doing Velour from Fire Emblem. If it weren't the middle of summer, I'd consider Mei from Overwatch. I've consumed so much media that I could cosplay from but now that I'm actually trying to think of a cute character who's not a teenager I'm blanking.
>>
File: CL_Tenryuu_Summer_930_Full.png (307KB, 665x845px) Image search: [Google]
CL_Tenryuu_Summer_930_Full.png
307KB, 665x845px
I'm trying to decide on a wig for Tenryuu and I've narrowed it down to Arda's Magnum and Magnum Long in Dark Purple.

As it turns out, Magnum is one of the short Arda wigs nobody I know has actually bought, so I'm not sure which way to go on this, as it /might/ be just a bit too short on the standard, but the standard one also looks like it's pretty much styled exactly how I'll want it, and I'm not sure how different the length makes Magnum Long's styling. Anyone have experience with either?
>>
>>9114430
Go with long. I just worked with one, and the length was only slightly longer than this on me. Standard is probably too short.
>>
>>9114432
Thanks! Can the front bangs be parted both directions? I'm assuming so since they point one way in the stock photos for short and the other for long.
>>
>>9114433
Yes, but not too deeply without some difficulty. This style shouldn't be a problem. I used my blow dryer to train it in the direction I wanted and it was fine.
>>
>>9111832
>not doing a tail too
bruh
>>
File: warden.jpg (54KB, 729x966px) Image search: [Google]
warden.jpg
54KB, 729x966px
I've never worked with mail. How long should I reasonably expect it to take me to do eight long narrow strips? I'm trying to decide if I should forge ahead and buy materials now or wait for when I have more time.
>>
>>9115618
Is that scale mail? Neat.

I once made a one inch by once inch square, rings made from paper clips wrapped around a pen, and it took me an hour. I'd get started as soon as you can dood
>>
>>9104496
Cross dress as something cute...

I'm going to stop you right there because if you don't pass, it's not going to be cute.
>>
>>9105670
Re-cut, anon. If you start taking shortcuts and making 'fixes' this early in the costuming, your end product will look bad.
>>
>>9104496
Hey senpai, /fit/ crossboarder here. I got really fat while bulking and was basically in your situation, I was 6'0 and 230, maybe 30% bodyfat. Good news is that:

a) You can do it
b) I habeeb in u
c) it won't be THAT hard
d) you're gonna feel awesome as you progress

Bad news:
a) You probably have 50-100 pounds to lose, depending on your lean body mass
b) it's gonna take you a year or more

Pls do it senpai, I feel so much better and you will too. Read that sticky
>>
What's the best most poofy bell shaped petti money can buy online right now?
>>
>>9106258
Padded hips supported by a bum roll worn underneath.
>>
File: CC FIRST TIME.png (3MB, 1284x1056px) Image search: [Google]
CC FIRST TIME.png
3MB, 1284x1056px
>>9111588
Egg. Face. Hides.
>>9110824>>9110804>>9110782
Just a warning to this board: pic related was my first time,and pretty rough.
Yes, everything was prefab and a lot of details are off.
This was done more for the novelty than a serious effort- like some spend thousands of dollars and many months on.
>>
>>9115667
I'm more concerned about how to translate the skirt's taper, but thanks for the tip on the bum rolls! Was thinking about doing something a bit more historically-inspired if I could.
>>
>>9109650
For her glasses you may want to search up 'frameless sunglasses', but you could also cut them out of tinted plexiglass with a dremel.

For the neck piece, it looks to be like those mock neck turtleneck tops that are in style right now, you could just find a dark purple one and paint the designs with thin layers and stencils/painters tape. If done neatly, paint on stretch knits can look great!
>>
I accidentally cut in to a large fabric piece of a mostly finished costume while I was trimming a seam. The nick is less than a cm, and about an inch away from the armhole. I do not want to re make it. It is a tunic to go under a cloak. What is a way to cover the mistake, with a professional looking finish?
It is for someone else (paid although I may have to turn the money down because I messed up) so I want them to be happy with it, normally I would not fix it very neatly as it will be covered. So I am not sure how to.
>>
>>9116147
Why is his face so small?
>>
>>9116150
Cos the rest of me so big brah

Dunno why I posted this in this board though. Probably cos I was thinking of doing an Archer or James Bond.
>>
>>9115813
Maybe iron a square of iron on patch to the back side?
>>
File: Satori.png (44KB, 256x512px) Image search: [Google]
Satori.png
44KB, 256x512px
Currently working on a cosplay of Satori. What would be the best way to make the faint rose pattern on her skirt?
Right now I'm thinking heat transfer pencils.
>>
File: oksd.jpg (15KB, 263x355px) Image search: [Google]
oksd.jpg
15KB, 263x355px
i am at a loss at how to find a backpack i saw some girl wearing one day but was too afraid to ask about it
it seemed kind of jfashiony, it was a big slouchy backpack with floppy rabbit ears, dark turquoise and i think it was faux fur? it looked soft
i've been searching for so long and i'm under the impression that i just made it up in my mind
>>
File: Sheik_in_VS_Screen_on_SSBM.jpg (29KB, 417x265px) Image search: [Google]
Sheik_in_VS_Screen_on_SSBM.jpg
29KB, 417x265px
Sorry to be using the thread more as a sounding board and less of a specific inquiry, but I'm pretty lost on where to start here.

I want to cosplay as Sheik but I seriously have no idea where to start. Would it be a good idea to buy a bodysuit and attach details from there, or to buy separate pants/top and work from there? I know most bodysuits are made out of spandex, which is a nightmare to sew, how else could I achieve the seamless, skintight look of sheik's bodysuit?
>>
>>9117017
I'd go ahead and get a wet look spandex bodysuit, and then make things like the arm/leg guards out of worbla, yoga mats, whatever your material of choice. A bit of ace wrap for the bandage parts and then maybe a poofy white scarf or vest for the chest... The reference pic isn't very clear.
>>
>>9117089
It's sort of difficult to find straightforward references of Sheik's Melee outfit because she's constantly bent and contorted, but I'm leaning on getting a bodysuit as the core of the costume, as you suggested.
>>
>>9116583
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Honey-Salon-Cute-Bunny-Ears-Backpack-Female-Rabbit-Woolen-Double-Shoulder-Bag-For-Japanese-Teenager-Girls/1905134_32646050556.html

http://asiancute.storenvy.com/products/14168091-sweet-cute-fluffy-rabbit-ears-backpack

https://item.mercari.com/jp/m363357808/

Couldn't find what you were talking about, but these are the most similar things I could see anon. Good luck!
>>
>>9117186
this is wet look spandex.

If you're wanting to stay super accurate to your model there, then I'd recommend buying a darker blue and a lighter blue off the roll and sewing it together yourself.

If you're less motivated, or just want a different look than 'plain bodysuit', go ahead and buy a spandex bodysuit and then make a few pieces of armor from worbla or EVA foam. I lean towards yoga mats because it's what I'm comfy working with, but to each their own.

For the chest tunic I'd look at getting some white cloth from Walmart or a fabrics store, use heat transfer vinyl to slap the logo on there, and then fray the edges.

Add blonde wig, add ace wrap for arms and hat, and then some blue dance shoes on the bottom, and call it a day.
>>
File: UT8o7yKXftXXXagOFbXf.jpg (164KB, 1500x844px) Image search: [Google]
UT8o7yKXftXXXagOFbXf.jpg
164KB, 1500x844px
dropped pictureeeee
>>9117239
>>
File: 1445221259213.jpg (330KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1445221259213.jpg
330KB, 1280x720px
I'm not sure if I should ask this here or on /fa/ but have any of you ever bought kfashion clothes? I'm looking at www.kuchimachi.com right now and they have some pretty cool stuff.
>>
>>9115664
Probably Bunny House, although my experience is that they deflate quite quickly and you're best to layer an A-line underneath them once that starts happening.

>>9116308
There's not one best way, it depends on your skill level. I have friends who would be able to paint it freehand, but I would go with painting the light pink on and then fabric paint + stencil + partly freehand depending on how confident I was feeling. AFAIK transfer pencils are mainly for line designs rather than big areas like that so not sure how well that would work.
>>
File: 200.gif (269KB, 392x200px) Image search: [Google]
200.gif
269KB, 392x200px
Hi J-fasion anons!

Really looking for cute J-fasion clothes that would be flattering to me. I am a fatty chan but not one with a huge stomach. My measurements are B: 39 in( 99cm), W: 29in (73.7cm), H: 40in (101.6cm). I just really looking for something flattering and doesn't make me look dumpy or preggers. Yes I have tried this on my own and have lurked here for years. I just need some guidance. halp...
>>
Does anyone know where I can find colored contacts with an 8.4 BC? I can't seem to get anything smaller than 8.6 BC to turn up for under $100 in yellow, and the con I need these for is in a month.

Is there anywhere I might have missed or should I just say "fuck it" and go without the contacts?
>>
File: infanta.jpg (103KB, 500x751px) Image search: [Google]
infanta.jpg
103KB, 500x751px
>>9104375
New lolita here. Is this brand any good? I've been eyeing it for a while now and their dresses look great but I haven't seen anyone actually wear them?
>>
>>9117888
maternity clothes?
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 480x480px
Do I shave off part of my eyebrow like pic related? I'm not sure how to style my eyebrows anymore, but I don't think high arched brows are really what I want anymore. Anyone have eyebrow advice?
>>
>>9118401
As someone who has had teeny brows from a few years now, I actually suggest plucking. When I first started, I was told shaving was what most people did, but truthfully it always ended up kind of gross looking and I had to be really careful about the shape. Plucking takes a bit more time, but I've never once gotten any ingrown hair. It's easier to shape too. Unless you are going for an insanely tiny brow, only shorten it to the end of your eyes.
Also, when you are lazy and let the ends grow out a bit, a little bit of concealer helps.
>>
>>9118401
Shaving eyebrows is ill-advised. Every once in a while they don't grow back.
>>
>>9118427
>>9118436
Okay, so maybe I won't shave them. Thanks for the advice. If I pluck them will I regret it though? I don't want to look bad... does this look bad?
>>
>>9118439
I've never done it but I think the technique is to glue them down and put makeup over them. So maybe to avoid doing that much plucking you could just glue down the outer edges. Is this for satsuki? If so mirin
>>
>>9118427
what would you google to find more brows like this I want more examples
>>
File: richard.jpg (135KB, 300x800px) Image search: [Google]
richard.jpg
135KB, 300x800px
Is this the best mask I should get to go out and k̶i̶l̶l have fun with russians?:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000SMX35O/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AALPSJMUVEON3
>>
>>9104375
Is she a good first cosplay? Seems simply enough, as I've worked with wigs before and we're about the same size.
>>
>>9118671
Simple*
>>
>>9118671
just know that people will probably expect you to act lewd because she does a bunch of times throughout the series
>>
>>9118334
Plenty of people wear infanta, try looking through the infanta tag on tumblr or instagram. I personally can't vouch for their quality as I don't own any of their pieces, but I've only heard good things about them.
>>
>>9118671
The most simple cosplay that anyone could pull off would be marcelline, all you gotta do is go to the thrift store & attach some bass strings to an axe
>>
>>9118687
They're in for a shock, I'm a dude.
>>
>>9118358
They said they don't want to look pregnant
>>
>>9118697
What the fuck, no. Marceline requires bodypaint and that's not even considering that that anon even watches Adventure Time. You're retarded.

>>9118671
Yes, that's an easy cosplay, just make sure you get the details right. A lot of people who do simple cosplays skimp on the details and it makes you look lazy.
>>
File: image_5710.png (394KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image_5710.png
394KB, 1000x1000px
I have pic related in black.
It's meant for face painting (like, at carnivals and such), so it's really watery.
I'm trying to use it for heavy face painting (like body paint), so basically I need it to get thicker. Is there any safe way to do that?
I'm trying to be thrifty and not buy more paint.
>>
>>9106260
Don't.
No matter how you try to do the costume it's just going to look really weird.
>>
>>9117888
I can't really give you any shop recommendations, but just general things.
Look for form fitting materials, cinch/accentuate your waist.
Stay away from loose breezy stuff and empire waists, they'll basically hang off your boobs and tent around the rest of you, making you look really wide.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Can anyone tell what the fuck I'm doing wrong with my serger? It's been doing this thing where it gathers the fabric and eventually breaks the threads. 99% sure I'm threading it correctly, feed ratio is 1, width is 5, tension is 3-3-3-3 using broadcloth. This is driving me fucking bonkers.
>>
File: Picture 024.jpg (57KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Picture 024.jpg
57KB, 400x300px
>>9118906
I haven't worked much with sergers but going down my sewing machine checklist make sure it doesn't need a cleaning and that the needle is newer.

Otherwise I'd just say fuck it and go with the two thread gather
>>
>>9118919
I'm not trying to gather the fabric unfortunately. I just want to finish the edge of a seam, but thank you!
>>
File: image.jpg (58KB, 350x437px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58KB, 350x437px
Where can I find lace like this? I've looked all over and I can't find anything.
>>
I want to commission a maid outfit (I'm male). I've never bought a commission, how much and how long do these things take? What website is good for hiring?
>>
>>9118803
Professional body painters use Mehron. There is no difference between what "face painters" and "body painters" use (unless you go for PAX, which I don't recommend, especially for beginners). I'm not sure what you mean by "heavy", but if you mean you want the color to be more saturated and opaque, you'll need to apply layers of the paint. Use a sponge or a kabuki brush, brush on the paint, then wait for it to dry. Repeat until you have the color/opacity you want.

Remember that if you're trying to turn yourself red, you'll want other colors (maybe yellow and blue) in order to contour your body so your features don't look flat. Mix your contouring color with your red and use only a little bit of the contouring color, you can always add more later. Avoid using straight up black and white because it will end up look really harsh.

Also be sure to seal your body paint. Mehron sells a setting spray which I like, but you can also use something like Ben Nye's Final Seal, along with setting powder (I personally use Nyx's matte finishing powder).
>>
>>9118942
You'd be better off buying one from bodyline, honestly. It'd be so much cheaper and they're pretty good quality.
>>
>>9118906
It looks like the tension is too tight and you have two different thread weights. Read tension troubleshooting for your machine.
>>
>>9118941
Google 'lacing loops' or 'loop trim'.
>>
>>9118401
Shave them, >>9118436 is full of shit, shaving just cuts the hair at the skin surface, no damage to the hair follicle whatsoever. They grow back in fairly quickly and it's easy to pencil some brow tails in until they do. Goths have been shaving their brows for decades. Shave with the hair grain, not against it and use toner or witch hazel afterwards to soothe the skin.
Plucking CAN thin them permanently though, as lots of women who have over-plucked in the past can tell you.
>>
I bought some leather boots and I'm finding that the back of one boot digs into my heel. Anything I can do to quickly break it in or fix the heel?
>>
>>9119024
Take some 90% isopropyl alcohol (drugstore has this) on a cotton ball and dampen the area slightly, wear a bit with heavy socks, it should loosen the area. Don't get it too wet, try doing this 2 or more times with slight dampness until it eases in tightness.
>>
>>9119031
Thanks!
>>
>>9119012
Bless you anon you just saved my life,
>>
From >>9119062

I'm working on a no-budget film with some friends of mine, and I need to throw together a monster mask for the climax (it's going to be a Hannya-inspired cat monster, for what it's worth).

I've got no experience in making masks, and I've got very little money to use.

Can /cgl/ help me figure out how to whip something up?

The stipulations are...

1) It must cover the whole face (the actors' skin/hair can't be visible) They will be wearing a hoodie, if that helps.

2) It should ideally be able to fit different head sizes (not molded to a particular face)
>>
>>9118950
.. I know all these things. I wasn't asking how to do babby's first body paint.

The paint is super liquidy, pretty much black water. I really don't want to shell out for more paint, hence why I'm trying to make do with what I have.
I want to make it thicker because I'd really rather not do literally 20 layers of paint just to make it opaque.
>>
>>9119124
If you know so much, then I would have assumed you researched the paint you bought before you shelled out money for it. Liquid paint is like that. Its thin because for the most part people use it for airbrush, which clogs with thicker paint. Since its water based, you could probably leave the container open and let it evaporate. Otherwise I think you're shit out of luck.
>>
>>9119214
I bought it for something else a while ago and I'm trying to reuse it.

But yeah, figured as much.
>>
Leather paint is a bit expensive. Does latex based house paint work for painting shoes? I figure I could just get some samples
>>
>>9118439
If you're still around, teeny eyebrow plucker anon is back. The regret is up to you, truthfully. I've never been happier about my eyebrows. Just start really slow and only make them a little bit shorter than normal at first. Eventually you'll get used to it and when you are ready for the next step pluck/shave a bit shorter than last time! If you don't like how it looks short, stop and feel free to let the hair grow back in. If it helps you feel better, I've only ever gotten compliments. Of course there are going to be a few people behind your back, but it's your face not theirs so fuck 'em.

>>9119023
This anon is right with the shaving tips if you are going to shave. I just personally find plucking better for me. Witch hazel is godsend and will help a lot with either way of removing the hair.

Good luck!
>>
>>9119577
I tried painting on a pair of leather gloves with latex based paint because I didn't want to pay for leather paint
It will not work
>>
Cosplaying pic related, it's my first jumpsuit and I'm nervous about getting the sizing just right. Any patterns/sizing tips for this particular style (where it stops at the chest)?
>>
>>9118994
Not sure if he's still here but he might be too big or tall for bodyline's sizes, or he might want one specifically based off something. I'm 6'1" and working on a maid costume as well so I can sympathize if that's the issue, though I ended up deciding to make it myself.
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 95

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.