[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dutch Thread: "What Happened to Our Threads?" Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 27

Previous Thread: >>9055379

Previously, on Dutch Thread...
Anon proved to be the real MVP and shared links to Animecon videos and pictures (>>9055933, >>9055938), Shy Femanon failed to meet a cute guy while Anon looked taken by walking around with lady friends, Alcoholic Anons shared what they were drinking, J-Fashion started to gain more attention, and a bunch of summerlicious newfags reminded us why we can't have nice things.

Convention news and agenda up to October:
>Tomoplay (July 2nd & 3rd, Berghem) is a retro video, card and board games related meetup. Tickets are €2,50 (€5,00 incl. bus).
>Castlefest (August 5th - 7th, Lisse) is an outdoor fantasy convention. Tickets are currently on sale starting at €21,95 per day.
>Abunai (August 26th - 28th, Veldhoven) is the other big Dutch anime convention. Hotel rooms are sold out and day tickets are running low, so make sure to buy your tickets while you still can.
>Amsterdam Comic Con (August 27th - 28th, Amsterdam) is a comic convention much like DCC, only Showmasters quality which is still an improvement over DCC. Tickets start at €15.
>Elfia (September 24rd - 25th, Arcen) is an outdoor fantasy convention held in Arcen. Tickets are €29.95 for the entire weekend.
>Tomofair (October 1st - 2nd, Nijmegen) is an indoor market with bootlegs, cosplay, and overpriced snacks and will be held in Nijmegen. Tickets are €4 for Saturday and €3 for Sunday.
>First Look (October 7th - 9th, Utrecht) is a gaming con. As in, the biggest in the Benelux. As in you already know what it is.
>Imagicon (October 15th, Ede) is a Sci-Fi, horror and Fantasy convention and that's all I really know about it. Tickets are €17.50
>Animecon 2017 will (probably) be held on June 9th till June 11th, Novotel rooms ales will start within the next three weeks.
>If there are any conventions or events I missed, which I did, feel free to post it in the thread and I'll include it in the next OP
>>
excellent image OP
>>
>>9059977
Who comic con damsko
>>
>>9059961
As long as it has the same vibe and tends to be bigger, I think I'll go
>>
File: spike_kibbeling_wip.png (553KB, 886x538px) Image search: [Google]
spike_kibbeling_wip.png
553KB, 886x538px
So I've only got one unused "Dutch girl surrounded by flowers" image left. If anyone has some nice pictures or ideas for future OP's, feel free to post them in this thread. Otherwise I'll just repost older ones, start Dutchifying images (wip pic related) or go full Dutch Anime mode with Alfred J Kwak, Dommel, Boes and such.

>>9059977
Thanks Anon, it felt a lot more fitting than wasting my last unused "Dutch girl surrounded by flowers" image. Plus, it gave me an excuse to post some Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei which is always a nice thing.
>>
Two of those memes in OP's pic are mine. I feel pretty good now desu
>>
>>9060016
Did we already use "possibel girl" from Ik heb het nog nooit gedaan?
>>
>>9060038
*plausibel.

I'm half sleeping.
>>
>>9059973
TropiCon (August 13th, Duisburg [GER])
First time con and nobody knows how it will turn out, but not that far away from Venlo, Nijmegen or Arnheim. It's a beach themed con right in the middle of serveral lakes with the acutal event taking place at the "Wolfsee".
>>
I'm in a fandom that is mourning the loss of a fictional characters. I can't deal with this stupidity.
>>
>>9060038
>>9060045
While I don't care about what people post in the threads themselves, I prefer to keep the OP informative and somewhat neutral as it's the first thing people see when they visit /cgl/. Using good Dutch cosplay pictures often results in a "she's shameless self-advertising" shitstorm, while posting (old) cringy stuff only creates an artificial drama which quite frankly, isn't all that entertaining at all.

>>9060079
Thanks Anon, I just added it to my con_agenda.txt and it will be there in the next thread.
>>
File: shitty_fb_link.png (2KB, 414x50px) Image search: [Google]
shitty_fb_link.png
2KB, 414x50px
>>9060087
board doesn't accept the link in text, so take it this way. Also entrance fee will cost 5€ (no tickets or pre-sale).
>>
There is an item I'd like to buy on a Dutch website (perfume bottle) and have it shipped to me in the US. I will pay for the service. Email is in the field if you can help.
>>
>>9059980
Not me, I greatly disliked DCC for essentially being an overpriced dealer room and I'm 90% sure I'll feel the same about ACC. I might give Abunai a shot however, it's been four years since I last roamed the halls of Veldhoven and I'm curious to see if they improved anything.
>>
>>9060220
It's not like it's hard to take those fabric wristbands off. Most of the times you can gently pull the ends to the sides of the clip, and loosen them. Hell, even if you break the band you can always say you accidentally snagged it behind a branch or something. Best of both worlds would be an 18+ badge, but unfortunately those would be unreliable as fuck when it comes to age checking as they are a little bit too easy to pass around.
>>
you forgot nishicon
>>
Wow the old thread went by quick.
>>
>What do you think of the Pokémon Stoutland?
So, anyone else here got confused on camera when they were asked this question?
>>
>being out of shape

What your opinion? I just think that People should not have an excuse to abbondon their body to a degree where it is even noticable under their cosplay. Fat People are a disgrace
>>
>>9060514
Wait until you pass thirty, my friend....
>>
>>9060514
I stopped caring what random strangers look like a long time ago. Makes everything in life so much more enjoyable, although I do laugh whenever I see one of those "gangsters" walk by. It's almost as if they don't realise they look and behave like a tool.
>>
>>9060530
>Gangsters

Explain please
>>
>>9060519
I think I can maintain a strong and fit body up to my forties.
>>
>>9060532
Garbage bag coats, fake fur collars, oversized hats with the stickers still on it, overusing street lingo, kanker kanker kanker, drinkkng energy drink all day... you know exactly what I mean by "gangsters".
>>
>>9060536
I used to call those 'bontkraagjes' rather than 'gangsters'. The 'gangsters' to me are the ones in oversized basketball clothes, too much gold and well... basically the early 00's black rapper-look.
>>
>>9060292
Good, nobody cares about them anyway.
>>
>>9060911
True, but their 'new' location will bring back memories.
>>
>>9060536
Haha I feel the same anon. Kansloze weak little kanspareltjes.
Can't even string a sentence together without using kanker. They are not cool, but they think they are when they use that word.

>>9060860
I call them bontkraagjes too. And petjes. And scum, lol.
>>
>>9060972
They know and they're trying to cash in on that fact with their mediocre convention. Bunch of fuckin losers
>>
>>9060514
couldn't care less about random people's looks
>>
>>9060514
"fat people are a disgrace" wow, stupid

it really depends, if they want to be an international level cosplayer that makes it (half) their job I'd say yes, you are lierally marketing your looks, so it is important. if you're just some random who cosplays a chara once in a while, who the f cares.
>>
>>9061008
I have friends who wear clothes like that, therefore I cant ignore what you just said. Fight me 1v1
>>
Really what other cosplayers look like body-wise is none of their business. Look at ivy doomkitty shes pretty well known but overweight. Poor costume choices are not always size related
>>
you have fat, and thn you have FAT. Like >>9061123 said, if you don't know how to dress to your body type, you will look like a major troll, or you have to be that fat that everybody would be like "holy crap!" but that's just unhealthy, past bodyshaming
>>
Meh about all the body types.

I fucking adore food. Food and I have an unhealthy relationship where people tell us to get a fucking room. But that's why I fucking work my arse off in order to look somewhat acceptable.
But hey that's me.

I have seen fat(ter) (or whatever you want to classify them as) people who look 20 times better than me, just because they are confident and own it!

BUT what I truely truely hate. People being fat and complaining about it. No one besides yourself is shaping you. Or push fewer nuggets in your face, or be like me and do more laps. Very simple
>>
>>9061193
haha we are somewhat alike! eating and working out, balance that shit
>>
>>9061198
Exactly, who could say no to food!
>>
>>9061190
>FAT

Like Niels from animecon?
>>
What about Amsterdam? Why don't you have a con there? I'd go for sure.
>>
>>9061216
Amsterdam Comic Con, my friend
>>
>>9061216
amsterdam is a shithole, that's why
>>
>>9061216
Amsterdam is very expensive for event organisers. Most of our conventions are non-profit and rely on volunteers and (state) subsidy. Because of this smaller, cheaper cities are a better option for hosting conventions as this allows then to keep the prices low and quality high. In the past there was one edition if Moshi Moshi, a small one day con in the Westergasfabriek which was only made possible thanks to Amsterdam giving a load of money to the organisers and the Westergasfabriek giving them a reduced price. Currently we only have Amsterdam Comic Con, but that's a Showmasters event which says enough.
>>
File: michaela.png (132KB, 938x504px) Image search: [Google]
michaela.png
132KB, 938x504px
Anyone know what this drama was about?
>>
>>9061382
That's not drama, that's just someone saying it's bad for people to run before they learn how to walk.
>>
>>9061390
People are going crazy in the comments tho
>>
>>9061395
Of course they are, people don't like it when they are given actual advice instead of false support.
>>
>>9061399
DRAMA
DRAMA
DRAMA
DRAMA
>>
>>9061390
This girl seems like she always bashes stuff though. Even though I understand what she is trying to say here, she really needs to learn some etiquette. And there seemed to be some other posts before this one that got deleted, what where those about anyway?
>>
>>9061409
This one got deleted too. Sounds like she just wants to stir up drama.
>>
Yeah , I do need to learn some etiquettes.

I am really bad at formulating my sentences.
>>
She's right, take it or leave it
>>
>>9061409
>cosplaynl
Nah, that's just that particular community being too filled with kids that need "safe spaces".
>>
>>9061409
basically she saying the same thing in other words. I get what she is saying, but sometimes just shut your cakehole. Nobody really cares....
>>
Huis Ten Bosch is on TV right now on NPO 3 (BNN op Reis). Kinda creepy to see actually...
>>
>>9061491
Did you see Tully too?
>>
>>9061500
Yes, but unfortunately the Horizon app doesn't allow me to take screenshots. Turns out they have a voice controlled Tully in each hotel room for things like setting the alarm, turning off lights and such. Pretty sick, makes me wonder when Dutch hotels will reach this point of automatisation.
>>
File: weebsonsuicidewatch.jpg (440KB, 523x636px) Image search: [Google]
weebsonsuicidewatch.jpg
440KB, 523x636px
Grab your popcorn
>>
>>9061502
Oh that's sounds pretty awesome! I haven't seen the hotels when I was there, unfortunately, but I can tell that Tully is even more adorbs irl than on pictures (yes I'm that anon that suggested Tully again). Also, the park is pretty cool, some stuff does look uncanny Dutch. But it has a lot of fun attractions, also even a One Piece one (but then again, One Piece is THE most popular anime in Japan, and you will even find plenty of normies that are a fan of it). Also, when I was there, there was a scary af haunted house. Later there was even a zombie larp event involving that haunted house and other nearby ones, and that was so scary but cool at the same time haha.
>>
>>9061513
this is pretty ironic
>>
>>9061516
They showed parts of the park, which looked like a mashup between Leiden, Utrecht (De Dom) and the country side. They even imported the bricks from us to make everything more authentic, although I did miss there being bicycles everywhere. I'll probably look it up on my PC (at least there I can make full HD screenshots) later on for some more Tully pictures to play around with.
>>
>>9061513
CosplayNL is only good for getting pats on your back. Even /CGL/ gave me better feedback between all the insults and whatnot.
>>
>>9061513
>Dan moeten ze openstaan voor daar er verbeterd kan worden
???
>>
>>9061533
Hmm I think that description is indeed pretty matching with what I saw. But I agree about the bicycles. Though you could actually rent a 'fiets' there to drive around the park. It was funny because I overheard some Japanese people saying in Japanese that they wanted to rent a 'fiets' (instead of just saying 自転車 aka the Japnese word for bicycle). And I'm looking forward to see those Tully pictures then. I guess I need to look it up too, cause I'm quite curious to see what they've showed and said about it.
>>
>>9061548
Japanese* (excuse me)
>>
>>9061550
No one cares, dude. Don't worry.
>>
>>9061555
Stfu, I care
>>
File: churi-chan_turn_off_the_light.jpg (394KB, 1914x2160px) Image search: [Google]
churi-chan_turn_off_the_light.jpg
394KB, 1914x2160px
>>9061548
>Ziggo Horizon (HD): Use the search, long link is long
>Uitzending Gemist (SD): http://www.npo.nl/3-op-reis/19-06-2016/BNN_101379691
Huis Ten Bosch part starts at 26:10
Henn-na Hotel starts at 29:05
>>
File: churi_manual_engrish.jpg (255KB, 1917x1080px) Image search: [Google]
churi_manual_engrish.jpg
255KB, 1917x1080px
>>9061631
>Please talking when red LED lighting.
>If you want to stop talking, please alone the chu-ry-chan
I have to admit, I love this Engrish manual.
>>
File: tully_hotel_help.jpg (98KB, 1006x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tully_hotel_help.jpg
98KB, 1006x1080px
>>9061652
And of course a clean shot without subtitles. It's a shame the one at the hotel entrance was either out of focus or covered up. At least we had our weekly dose of cuteness.
>>
>>9061231
Westergas fabriek is to small for Animecon and the RAI never showed even intrest when Animecon wanted to be informed about options in holding their convention there.

And I am glad that they choose for the Hague, it might be boring compared to Almelo, World Forum still is 10 times better than the Rai wich would have turn Animecon into some kind of Expo for not allowing a late evening and night programming.
>>
>>9061703
I only gave some examples of conventions we had in Amsterdam and why we'll probably never see a big "Dutch type" convention there. But I agree, neither Animecon nor Abunai should ever move to a venue like the Amsterdam RAI or the Jaarbeurs Utrecht. A major part in what makes these conventions so special has to do with the overall ambience of their locations; small feeling, cozy as fuck and programming that continues throughout the night. Not to mention how all these bigger venues lack separated rooms or areas to host events in. Without them everything will simply turn into a sea of noise just like we had at DCC.
>>
>>9061513
I'm getting sick of these 'cosplay isn't about hate and elitism it's about fun and stuff so please lets all be friends please Q_Q' crybabies.

Who cares what others say? Trolls will be trolls. Fuck off with your complaining and just have that fun you want with your friends.
>>
>>9061786
that's such a bullshit defeatist standpoint though
maybe some people actually want to make the community better instead of throwing their hands up and doing jacks-hit
>>
>>9061409
You pretty much need to stir up drama to get noticed inbetween the huge spam of noobs who want advice on making an entire and complicated costume.either way I agree with her post.
>>
>>9061098
Time you get some non-tokkie friends then.
>>
>>9061789
Lol what are you trying to make better in the cosplay? The quality of cosplay? The way people provide feedback? The way people interpret feedback?
Because that is what it all comes down to.

"You don't sugar coat your critism well enough so now it sounds like you were being a douche to me"

Or

"Sheesh are you really that ignorant that you can't find Google or can decide that on your own?"

And then some variation of extremity of receiving or dishing out and of course context. The age old problem which exists in communities, different ways of communicating with each other. Good luck bettering that.
>>
>>9061841
there's plenty room of improvement for not being a dickwad when giving criticism
framing it as "not enough sugarcoating" is entirely dishonest
>>
>>9061867
Yeah, there is plenty of improvement both giving and receiving critism/feedback/pointers or even just opinions.

Not denying that one bit, better yet, I already pointed it out. But claiming that it is one-sided and people are only being jerks because they did not put a cherry on top of their critique is equally ignorant.

Good luck teaching those skills though, that is what CosplayNL really should be about.
>>
>>9061824
Nah, got all kind of friends. Tfw Marokkaanse Nederlander met identiteitscrisis.
>>
File: kim.png (31KB, 812x126px) Image search: [Google]
kim.png
31KB, 812x126px
Seagull confirmed
>>
>>9055891
I'm late to the party, sadly the vid is down
>>
>>9062482
Did anyone else save it? If not I'll reupload it somewhere else later.
>>
All that talk about picking up guys on YaYcon. If only it had a hotel like animecon/ abunai.
>>
>>9062529
heard that they were movin to another location
with better reachability and places to stay and such
hope that they will though because theyre one con i love visiting
>>
>>9062485
Our hero
>>
>>9061889
>Marokkaan

Kill yourself.
>>
>>9062485
Friendly question from some party involved. Can we please not.
The convention is working on it and has taken some action already. To spread this video further serves no other purpose than grieving those who are targeted by the ones making the video.
>>
>>9062581
may I ask what actions?
>>
On another note, animecon's survey is up.
What do you guys think about cons doing surveys?
>>
>>9062608
smart
>>
>>9062608
good move on their part
theyre actively seeking out opinions from their congoers and changing things accordingly as they see fit
id say that its a pretty nice thing to do
>>
>>9062581
Don't worry, we're well beyond the Pedro shitstorm and I have zero intention of uploading my copy of drama_queen_drunkenly_rants_for_20_minutes.mp4 for some late Facebookfag.

>>9062586
They probably just gave Pedro a warning to stop acting like a little bitch. Honestly, nothing in that video is something I would consider worthy of taking (serious) action as a convention.

>>9062608
Cons doing surveys are a good thing. Shows us they are willing to improve themselves, and Animecon actually listens to the feedback they receive. They went from zero bicycle racks in the Hague to enough racks to hold our bikes, more food options, streamlined the waiting lines (bag checks during lines instead of at the end of said lone), and much more. Of course not every con actually listens to the feedback they receive. Just look at Abunai which has the same problems every fucking year and their "hurrr email us your complaints even though we actively lurk the Dutch threads for damage control".
>>
>>9062586
Yes you can, but I will not share it. It is between the convention, the ones doing it and the ones being targeted.
There is enough drama as it is and if one of the parties feels it is not how it should be, I am sure that they will be vocal about it. Adding anything will just make a bad episode worse and that will not help anybody. I am sure you understand.
>>
>>9062638
>Don't want anyone to talk about this
>HEY SEAGULLS PLEASE DON'T TALK ABOUT THIS WHOLE SITUATION WITH PEDRO, COULD WE NOT?

Either there isn't any significant punishment, or Pedro won't be attending next year. Can't wait to discuss it again in 51 weeks. x'D
>>
Then hopefully we already forgot about Pedro.
>>
Like someone here would "care" about the vid being shared an other time for the white facebook trash arriving late with starbucks. It's 4chan
>>
>>9062681
>Like someone here would "care" about the vid being shared an other time for the white facebook trash arriving late with starbucks. It's 4chan
I don't care, but that doesn't mean I'm going to take the time to reupload it somewhere l, just so some Facebookfag who is late for the party can see it. Its not like that video was "groundbreaking" anyway, just a little bitch trash talking others and overcompensating for his own shitty personality.
>>
>>9062638
>saying yes following with a reason why it's actually a no

thanks?
>>
>>9062691
>May I ask what actions?
>Yes you can
Dad jokes, they never get old.
>>
>>9062691
It was to acknowledge that the question is not weird or offending, but that we cannot answer. No harm intended there. The alternative is to not respond or give a curt "no". I deemed it more appropriate to give you the explanation why not.

In general, a convention should be careful with the information they give out. One reason is privacy, the other is to not make matters worse. Like we look at the feedback in the forms, there is also a part of aftercare after a convention.
This is not always easy and requires sometimes a more delicate approach than other times. Unfortunately, this means that we cannot satisfy some people's interest in the matter, but these choices have to be made.

Just think about it from another direction: We try to be as discrete as possible with your information as well.
>>
>>9061631
Thanks, that was a great watch!!! Not just the Huis Ten Bosch part, but the whole thing. I look forward to see more episodes. This episode had lots of places I've been to already, but also some new things. He mentioned some cities on his list that I haven't been to, so those eps will be interesting to watch for sure. Furthermore, that hotel looks totally awesome! The talking raptor assistant was also cool af.

>>9061652
lol same here. And Tully's name is interesting. Tully->チューリ->chur-ri. I guess if you pronounce 'Tully' it wouldn't respond properly so you have to say her name in Engrish..

>>9061656
Yeah, I noticed the one in the front too, it's really too bad they didn't film that one. Or one of the mascots in the theme park. But yep this sure was a good dose of cuteness either way, thanks again!
>>
>>9062625
>They probably just gave Pedro a warning to stop acting like a little bitch. Honestly, nothing in that video is something I would consider worthy of taking (serious) action as a convention.

Even a warning is too much attention given to Pedro if you ask me. They should focus on actual threats, aka creeps at conventions.
>>
>>9063012
チューリ is an abbreviation of チューリップ, or chuurippu. Tulip, for those whose synapses are still trying to catch up. ;)
>>
>>9063087
That too. Her name is quite obviously based on the word tulip no matter how you spell it.
>>
So what happened with the Slenderman cos player?
>>
>>9062482
>>9062485
>>9062543
Here you go http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=dfc_1466493871
>>
>>9063917
apparently he assaulted some girls? But I saw the guy several times, he creeped up behind everybody, so maybe he just kinda touched a butt, or a boob by accident, don't know the truth on this one, but do know he creeped up on me and two malefriends 2 times.
>>
>>9063972
We were filming for G&J, though the shot didn't make it in, he tried to be in the shot a bit too much and didn't seem to get the hint to leave the frame...
>>
>>9063972
The guy is a socially akward autist, he does not take hints at all and uses that as justification for his behaviour.

He is now part of a growing list of people who are not welcome at Animecon next year.
>>
>>9064046
i didn't really get the hunge he was in any way a threat, do you have some details on what actually happened? I only hear rumors without details (he assaulted underaged girls/he didnt leave people alone/he did nothing some girls are making shit up)
>>
>>9064055
I saw him crying on the sidewalk on saturday, which got my attention, he got kicked out. Happend to hear his begeleider talking to some security.
Seems he was giving some girl presants and she was ok with it and when he triend making contact with her she didnt like it.
Also hear her say he was a minor and that they should have told her first.
>>
>>9064073
Begeleider as in a professional who is supposed to help him prevent this or just a parent
>>
>>9064073
Tried to shove his tongue down her throat.
>>
>>9064129
Well, that's one way to make contact...
>>
>>9064129
That escalated quickly.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1466524838634.jpg (160KB, 854x1280px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1466524838634.jpg
160KB, 854x1280px
Animecon staff just uploaded this to their personal Facebook. (It says 'Is this illegal?').

I agree its a stupid idea to bring a replica like that but did they really need to shame the person, I feel kind of sorry for them.
>>
>>9064304
Dutch law is actually really strict on that. idiots. Especially next to the fucking headquarters of europol.

It doesn't matter what color it is, if it has the shape of a firearm, you're not allowed to have it.

https://www.justis.nl/producten/wwm/welke-soorten-wapens-zijn-verboden/#paragraph2
>>
>>9064304
No one is beign shamed
no names are being called
anyone who deosnt know this cosplayer will never find out who heor she is
Sides, his/her foult for bringing that to the convention when the rules are prety fucking clear
>>
where did you find that picture? actual animecon fb doesnt have it.
>>
>>9064326
You mean next to the headquarters of Europol, in front of the Joegoslavië Tribunaal, with several embassies located directly around the World Forum. It's a wonder she didn't got arrested or shot on sight...
>>
>>9064304
Bad trigger dicipline too...

I got warned with my nerf gun too, but only on Sunday and I kept it mostly on the floor, as I was eating a sandwich. Still... I was careful with it.
>>
>>9064347
One of the animecon core staff folks posted it in on his/her own personal facebook accounts.
>>
>>9064355
Good thing the Yugoslavia Tribunal wasn't in session. When they are, there're snipers on the roof.
>>
>>9064304
why did they only block out her eyes, this is hardly even censoring them. Who's the staff member that posted it?

Anyhow personally I think animecon needs to check props in general, abunai has had prop checks for years to make sure stuff like this doesn't get though.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160621-201008.png (2MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160621-201008.png
2MB, 1440x2560px
>>9064347
Not that hard to find honestly, plus this post is more about making a statement rather than "shaming" someone. Of course Anon failed to share the text that came with it making this look a lot worse than it actually is.

>>9064479
I know, poor (or foolish) Umbrella Corp cosplayers who had to stay inside all day...
>>
>>9064492
They do? why the fuck do I have close encounter of the fourth kind every fucking time. What are they checking on? If the wooden weapons are FSC? If the weapons are sharp enough? If the weeaboos running around with them are irresponsible enough to hurt someone? Please do tell.
>>
>>9060141
A-anyone? I'm still looking for someone.
>>
>>9064304
Nice replica, completely with wear and tear painted on it.

Having such a replica is a criminal offense in the Netherlands. Carry it in public is a criminal offense in the Netherlands. Having it ready for use outside a official shooting range is a criminal offense in the Netherlands. Even if it was a legal toy, painting it is usually a criminal offense because the weapon can than be used in a threatening manner. Using realistic toy and replicaweapons in a threatening manner can run up to 45.000 euros in fines or 4 years in jail.

Now it is very unlikely that you would recieve such harsh punishment, but for most cosplayers even 450 euros in fines is a lot, and a 120 hours (that's about 4 weeks) of community services is more than enough for most if not all cosplayers to ruin their life for years to come because this will be noted in their criminal record.
>>
>>9064627
I kind of know the person and that wear and tear wasn't painted, it was actual wear because simple paint.
>>
>>9064681
So it is an airsoft? Still a criminal offense then because she is not allowed to carry it or have it ready for use in a public space.

This is exactly the kind of behaviour that gets you kicked out of the NAVB.
>>
>>9064691
Edit: NABV
>>
>>9064304
This animecon staff member is not like the others, though. The other members don't grab other people's pictures and make them look bad on the internet.
>>
>>9064847
How is this make them look bad? Nobody knows who they're and we are going to forget this image within a week.

So unless you guys are friends (and shitty one for letting your friend take the risk of getting shot through the head), nobody is going to be recognised.
>>
>>9064887
This is damaging if anyone who doesn't know them that well will find out, because it gives a negative impression on them.

But euhhh I wasn't just talking about this anyway.
>>
>>9064927
>This is damaging if anyone who doesn't know them that well will find out

There's the point. Why would someone care. It's like seeing party pictures of people you only know by face. You scroll past them and forget that piece of useless information you just saw.

But if it happens that someone who hates them find it, then it's their own falt for for throwing away all the warnings (you get spammed by them, noway you could not know). Choices have consequences and they are clearly old enough to know that.
>>
>>9064927
Typical kind of victim playing, trying to divert attention away from the real problem that could their lives in much negative way than this picture ever could.

Eyes has been blocked out, no visitor badges visible and i think that it would have been blocked out as well if they where visible.

So keep your whining for the moment when things really go downhill and being held at gunpoint by the police.

And yes it does happen, people being arrested for the use of fake wapens, on average about 2 to 3 times a week.
>>
It even gets better, accoording to one of the house-photographers of Animecon the photographer has been lucky aswell, the building in the background is Europol, their security walks around there on friday making sure you don't take pictures of people working at Europol.

And I guess that they would go a huge step further if you tried to do something towards their personel or the building itself.
>>
>>9065155
I have actually seen on the busy friday that security from europol has been constantly walking around asking photographers not to photograph their staff and guests. And left the photographers to take pictures of the cosplayers after that note. No photographers were asked to stop taking pictures.
Can you elaborate on what your house-photographer think was going to happen?
>>
>>9065005
>you get spammed by them, noway you could not know
on cosplayNL maybe, but desu, other thn that maybe only here. So if the girl is not in CosplayNL (which I totally understand, I also left a few weeks ago) and she does not roam around in CGL, there is a chance she indeed did not know.

Only thing is, and this is what I do believe, no way NONE of her cosplay friends and/or acquaintances didn't know, the real question is why nobody walked up to her and asked if she knew that was hella illigal.....
>>
>>9065488
It's also clearly stated in the rules and Animecon warned about it too. I'd assume when you bring a big prop like that, you'd at least check the rules.
>>
>>9065527
thn why did nobody there talk to her? if it's in their own rules?
>>
>>9064046
How long is that list exactly?
>>
>>9065488
http://www.animecon.nl/rules/house-rules-huisregels
You can not use it as an excuse if you do not read them. Still it is not about the houserules, it is the law itself.

>>9065565
Who said that she took the gun inside? We actually don not know, now do we? Also that would imply that she damn well know the rules in the first place.
>>
>>9065593
she is at a con, I think she atleast had to put it in the bag room once?
>>
>>9065593
Than staff or even Worldforum security had to come up to her and tell her that is illegal, that also didn't happen, don't just blame an ignorant girl, also blame the others around her that did nothing
>>
>>9065604
Yeah lets shift the blame towards the organisation.
>>
>>9065606
No, lets make a public post about it instead of just pm those girls about the issue, haha.
>>
>>9065604
That's not how rules/the law work
>>
>>9065606
that's not what I'm saying, read pls
>>
>>9065609
so if you see a woman get raped you dont call 112? because thats a crime as well, or is this not a big enough crime to stop? so you just do NOTHING!?
>>
>>9065609
I think we all know how the law works. I was pretty much referring to the manner/style in which which it was officially #cough handled.
>>
you can keep saying "just don't do it" ut crime is a thing, so people that see a crime happen should fucking do something about it, yeah the girl is in fault, but the ignorant mouthshutting dipshits around her are just as fucking stupid
>>
>>9065005
>>9065136

>Why would someone care.
Companies will always care. I'm talking business relationships here.

Maybe it doesn't seem harmful now. But if someone shares this, and another one, and another one.. You know the deal. It's already been shared once now by the anon posting it here. Just keep it at a story next time, people will understand your point either way. Do the people in the picture or the photographer even know about this post? If the picture is so 'harmless' and the message is so 'important' why not share it in CosplayNL and on the animecon page?

And no, you don't have to explain to me that the girl was doing something very dangerous, but this is NOT the way to solve these type of problems. The text was good, but the picture was unnecessary. Period.

>Typical kind of victim playing
I don't even know these people. But I know rude behavior when I see it.
>>
>>9065608
This.
>>
>>9065619
It's evil staff members vs innocent cosplayers (the anons in this thread) who are the victims of this evil guy who did not share this on CosplayNL.

Everybody who has been paying attention will that he did this time and time again but that most cosplayers are a ignorant bunch with hands over their ears while shouting "Lalalalalaaa I can't hear you!"
>>
Controversy, the best way to launch a discussion...
>>
>>9064304

Holding a 100% accurate replica gun in front of the Europol HQ in view of at least 10 surveillance cameras. Yeah, great idea.
By the way, this is public space.
>>
>>9065612
Whoooo, lets drop in a rape falacy! Maybe a Godwin was even better.

But let's stay with rape,since it is very applicable right now. Your arguments are like the Brock Turner case.
It is not the rapist fault, it is the victim who should not have been passed out, and the guy was drunk so did not know you should not rape. He did not know that untill 2 guys told him.

If you are a Dutch citizen, you should know the law, when it is applicable. Stupidity and ignorance are not excuses
>>
>>9065664
but that is my point, ignorance is indeed not a excuse, but as part of society, shouldnt we, the surounded people, tell that person it's not ok? because that shit didn't happen, I'm not arguing with the fact that the girl with the replica ISNT in the wrong, because she is, but why the fuck, did nobody say or do anything about it? That's also ignorance and I can't fucking stand it.
>>
>>9065664
Purely on the law point of view. Aren't all firearms including fantasy design ones more or less prohibited anyway. So that includes all cosplays that was holding some type of gun or another. I love me some deadpool, but just saying.
>>
>>9065664
>>9065667
i wasn't by any means defending the girl, i'm just questioning why only she gets shit thrown at her while the people around her and at the con, kept their eyes closed.....
>>
>>9065669
Like you do, it is easy to blame every one around her here as a white knight.

As far as I know no names have been spoken unless you include that staffmember who questions stupidity when he sees it.

In this case he might not have seen it at that moment, do you think if he had that he would have looked the other way or would he have stepped forward?
>>
>>9065681
No, just good job on the white knight reference in general.
>>
"Can you please hodor?"
"HODOR!"
"thanks"
>>
>>9065681
it's not just him. I'm not white knighting shit, but everyone got a big mouth now, probably people at the con did to, just fuckign walk up to her, or she kept it hidden really well and only took pictures with it, but i really doubt that. Everyone is here saying how the girl is wrong, while it was at a convention with so many people that probably only talked behind her back that it was a poor choice. Not white knighting this shit because fuck, how stupid can you be not reading the rules, but not even staff went up to her? come on guys, really nobody agreeing here that others shouldve done/said something?
>>
>>9065627

...like your mom. (-:
>>
>>9065669
I'm going to burst your bubble here, but I know more than one case where cosplayer was told it was not a good idea. Especially in the first year in the Hague. I'm going assume that nobody noticed it this time.

Sad thing is, you try hard to divert from the real problem here: Girls and photographer are stupid. This is a warning. It is in the rules, in the law and every month or so on facebook. No excuse possible.
>>
In the end both the girl and probably the Animecon staff was wrong. The girl because she didn't know the law and read the rules and the staff because she was able to walk around like this. But it's quit sad an Animecon staff member use this as an example, because it also points on their failure.
>>
>>9065710
amen
>>
>>9065705
and still people let her walk around like that... That's all I'm saying
>>
>>9065701
So, these two were not caught on the spot and did not know/ignored the rules and law.
And so AnimeCon is to blame.
How do you see the solution? Cameras around the building to check for this? Patrols by steward? Maybe a personal assistant for everyone.

All these things are absurd, which basically is the main reason why barely anybody blames the convention. It's just not right.
>>
File: Naamloos.jpg (66KB, 639x357px) Image search: [Google]
Naamloos.jpg
66KB, 639x357px
You guys bore me, I'm going to watch some youtube
>>
>>9065701
Other Anon here. That picture was taken outside, for all we know she was warned by the staff/gophers but simply retrieved the gun for a photoshoot. But by all means, lets continue speculating about what may or may not have happened.
>>
>>9065710
So Animecon staff is wrong while they 1. mostlikely didnt see it, until they saw the photo. 2 have other shit to do during the con than check every bag.
Still not smart to post it like that semi-in the open. But hey it's not like organizers have a right to their own opinion, because everything they do shal and will be held accountible to them.
>>
>>9065710
Walking outside the building.... Still everything is the cons responsibility?
Would you blame the convention if the new York pizza was not good? Or if the tram was late? Or if you had a flat tire?

They can tell you the rules, they can help but at the end they are not responsible for anything outside the building.
>>
>>9065720
not blaming animecon at all, just some common sense, if she was at the con that people retrieved the prop from her, and that her friends and/or acquaintances should have also told her not to cary that prop. I never said that I blame animecon for this dumb girls' actions, but damn, people could have done so much more.
But like >>9065724 said, maybe they did and she still took it with her outside, yeah that could indeed happen, but there were a lot of people outside as well.
>>
>>9065710
No, in the face of the law she and her photographer are wrong.

Not knowing the law or rules is no excuse, it certainly won't hold in a court of law.
Animecon staff have done more than enough to point out the rules and that those rules are not above the law.
If a cosplayer and photographer then decide to take it outside than that is where the responsibility for animecon ends.

It all boils down to responsibility, not willing to take your own personal responsibility as a cosplayer and photographer can not be blamed on Animecon.
>>
>>9065733
>Hello random stranger whom I have never met before, your prop violates one or several Dutch weapon laws. Please put it away for the safety of both yourself and your fellow con-goers. If you refuse to do so, I will be forced to perform a citizens arrest to ensure the safety of everyone attending this convention on this fine day.
>"Are you high?"
>No, I'm Anon
>>
File: Naamloos.jpg (79KB, 459x490px) Image search: [Google]
Naamloos.jpg
79KB, 459x490px
>>9065730
You mean, as opposed to when inside the convention building?
>>
The interesting thing about this ruler is that it supports 2 standards.

http://www.hometrainingtools.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/D/E/DE-RULER.jpg
>>
>>9065730
Outside or inside the building, it doesn't matter.
I looked it up in the Kadaster, the side part is fully owned by the World Forum. So yes, they are responsible.
>>
>>9065756
I won't reiterate the no excuse thing then.
>>
>>9065751
Wapenstok is a category IV weapon and thus legal to carry on private property. Replica pistols are legal as long as they carry a CE keurmerk and can't actually shoot anything. Plus, it at least has the orange caps to indicate it's a toy. Although one shouldn't be surprised if they get arrested when wielding it in a public place. It's just one of those "common sense" things like not wielding a replica rifle next to fucking Europol.
>>
>>9065756
Personal responsibility, what part did you not understand.
>>
>>9065760
Police action because of replica and airsoft weapons in a public space, at least 140 times in the Netherlands last year.

So yes, there is a good chance that you might get arrested for that.
>>
>>9065756

Can you provide me the link to where I can get this information this fast and for free? Since the kadaster always asks money and usually take a full day to respond.
>>
>>9065772
I'm just an Anon lending a friendly hand

http://kadastralekaart.com/
>>
>>9065775
Thanks,
But either I am stupid, or besides its number I have no information about who owns that spot.
>>
>>9065772
https://bagviewer.kadaster.nl/
Here ya go.

>>9065762
Responsible or not.
If some poor kid gets a headshot because it was waving with a weapon I'm pretty sure animecon needs to find a new location.
>>
>>9065784
But doesn't the organization know? It's their 3rd year there. I mean, it's pretty obvious now who has been commenting on this thread. The site basically just refers to further inquiry at kadaster. So that actually does not fully exclude the possibility that that area is officially part of convention grounds,
>>
Looks like another mystery solved.
>>
>>9065791
gemeente den haag does, they own the whole thing. http://www.worldforum.nl/world-forum-versterkt-marktpositie-met-gemeente-den-haag-als-nieuwe-eigenaar
>>
>>9065791
There is a parking attached to the World Foum underneath the spot where the picture is taken, above ground is public space.

As far as i understand, above ground the World Forum as only limited means, up to 6 meters from the building and that those means do not go any further than putting tables and chairs outside, do they want anything more than they need to seek permission through city council. Hell even animecon itself has to seek permission trough city council to hold animecon there in the first place.
>>
>>9065808
So, we can now also blame the municipality? Where is the limit?

Can we go back to being normal and let people be responsible for their own actions?
>>
>>9065823
Exactly my point, personal responsibility first.
>>
>>9065817
It was posted on the personal Facebook page of one staff member, not on any of the official Animecon outlets. If anything we Seagulls did an excellent job at blowing a simple statement about weapon props out of proportions:
>He is shaming her
>She is responsible if anything would had happened.
>No, the con is responsible and did nothing!
>We don't know if the con did anything, plus she is breaking the law here, not the con...
>But it's still convention grounds desu!
>Boku personal responsibility!
>But it is at con, so con has full responsibility onara
I miss the days where things were as simple as "You are responsible for your own actions, no matter what". My parents would had simply slapped me for being a dumbass if I got arrested for wielding a replica weapon in public...

>>9065823
We should blame the government for not controlling (airsoft) guns enough! Clearly they are the ones to blame as they allowed this gun to be bought in the first place!
>>
what a stupid discussion

post more nice pictures you took
>>
>>9065714
Because she wasn't busted in the act. If seen multiple cosplayer seen warned when seen. Don't blame ghost for not warning.
>>
>>9065836
>I miss the days where things were as simple as "You are responsible for your own actions, no matter what".

Good times. I really hate Yolo culture and "my little prince(ss) did nothing wrong" mentality.
>>
>>9065955
Second that.
For some reason people think they are entitled to everything, as long as nobody stops them. And they still think they deserve everything. Everybody else is at fault.
So far we have blamed the convention, the people around, the municipality, the people here. I miss in this list: Rutte, the EU and various religious groups. But I am sure they can find a way to make them responsabele.
>>
Reading all the above posts on the girl with the replica weapon, most of them are posts of people frantically looking for someone other than the girl in question to shift the (partial) blame to.

Yes, there are probably people around (photographer and fellow cosplay) who could've taken their moral responsibility and warned the girl of the possible consequences of her actions.

The fact remains that she is the one breaking the law. PERIOD. Ignorance is no excuse. If someone doesn't see a speed limit sign and gets a fine for speeding, claiming not to have seen the sign, doesn't mean he/she doesn't have to pay the fine anymore!

I think it's a good thing that this pictures gets spread around, it increases the chance of people being informed of what is allowed and what is not.
>>
Now lets change the subject shall we? This bores me and another anon thinks so too.
>>
>>9066282
Because we're all here for your amusement. Fuck off.
>>
>>9065823
>So, we can now also blame the municipality? Where is the limit?

Let's take it up to the Raad van State! I'm sure His Majesty isn't too busy doing more important stuff, so we could certainly borrow a little of his time to have him ponder on this pressing matter.
>>
File: op text.png (86KB, 960x1040px) Image search: [Google]
op text.png
86KB, 960x1040px
>>9066282
Sure, got any feedback on my pastebin with a detailed list of Dutch conventions? http://pastebin.com/QaZ23aUA
I'm considering using a different approach for future OP's in which this pastebin will play a huge part (see image). Basically by only adding the 5 next conventions I will gain a shitload of characters that I can use for a more detailed thread recap.
>>
>>9066366
Fanbase culture is this saturday
>>
>>9066399
The question was conventions, not sad meetups pretending to be conventions
>>
>>9066399
Never heard of it and even their Facebook page is next to empty. Still, I'll add it if the thread hits auto-sage before then.

>>9066419
>The question was conventions, not sad meetups pretending to be conventions
Whoops, I'll better remove all the TomoShit then...
>>
>>9065624
Yes, but that was without a picture like that. And that was actually something I could agree with. But I do not agree with this way of things.

And lol there is only one 'evil staff member' here. The other staff members don't have drama related to them as far as I'm aware.
>>
File: t0517meghan-trainor2.jpg (97KB, 1613x1613px) Image search: [Google]
t0517meghan-trainor2.jpg
97KB, 1613x1613px
>>9066282
>>
>>9066441
I don't get it, who is she supposed to be cosplaying? /s
>>
>>9066450
Casual Katara
>>
>>9066450
>>9066468
more like casual ginger spice.
>>
File: casual katara.jpg (46KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
casual katara.jpg
46KB, 400x400px
>>9066468
Meh, I've seen better casual Katara's.
>>
>>9066366
Looks good to me.

I'm curious how abunai vs amsterdam comic con will turn out btw.
>>
>>9066611
It is an interesting situation to say the least. Abunai is of course well known within the Netherlands, has a good reputation and offers a "true" convention experience. However it also suffers from a lack of nearby hotels (as in, not the Koningshof) and not having any night busses, which is enough reason for a lot of people to either attend it only for a day or not attending it at all.
Meanwhile ACC is backed by a well known organisation (Showmasters), is cheaper to attend, has a load of well known guests and excellent public transport options. Of course it's still more of a fair rather than a proper con which instantly makes is less attractive to those with Dutch con experience. Not to mention its less about anime and more about movies, comics, sci fi and a bit of anime.
Another interesting "battle" will be to see which dealers will be attending these conventions. As it stands right now a lot of the bigger names are missing from the list of Abunai dealers, despite ACC being way more expensive for dealers.

If anything I would expect Abunai to still be crowded as always, although with more people attending it for only a day and hitting ACC on Sunday.
>>
>>9066813
Interesting topic. I have to disagree with the "good" reputation for Abunai.
I think it was a 6.8 in the poll just a few weeks ago.
Abunai was good, but left things like they are for at least 5 years. And that will bite them in the ass right now.

The smaller conventions lose from acc and dcc because of a lack of promotion, lack of willing for professionalization, lack of renewal, with the exception of AnimeCon and, to a lesser extend, maybe Nishicon. Abunai is probably the most visible in that. Since they went to Veldhoven, all that has been added was a band, eurocos and the bar. I cannot remember one cool new event in all those years. For quite a few years me and friends have told ourselves that this will be the last time. And last year it was, because now there is a viable alternative.
ACC is around the corner and it is time for Abunai to aggressively promote themselves and go after customer. They should have started selling tickets the moment ACC let their existence to be know. They should have started announcing new events and some guests.
But they kept quite, made a mess of the hotels and allow ACC to eat from their share. This year I will go to ACC. It will probably be boring as well, but at least it is new and we can go to the city.
>>
in all honesty, the only "battle" there is between ACC and Abunai are the people that love anime as well as comics/movies etc and the dealers that sell comic/movie related articles rather than only anime stuff. People that have a bigger interest in on of these will attend on or he other. I think that the majority of abunai attendees will still go, only those who went to abunai for the cosplay and not the japanese anime related stuff will go to ACC. Hotelrooms were sold out still pretty quickly like always and daytickets are running low, so I don't think Abunai needs to worry.

Though I would love it if they made some changes, just don't know if they really need to (I mean their numbers have still grown in the past 5 years of changing jack)
>>
I think the biggest change for abunai will be that the mean age will drop again. And people who are on the edge of comics and anime will mostlikely choose for ACC.

Most of the dealers at Abunai are geard towards ANime so i think most of them will choose Abunai, maybe Henk will go to ACC but he has just as much Comics as Anime.

The biggest problem Abunai has is that it is imploding, as a gopher i have seen that the last couple of years thath the organisation is fragmenting. Last year they had 2 people giving the same lecture at the same time in the same room. Teams argue and blame eachother for doing things wrong. And all the while the bestuur run around acting important and screeming at their gophers.
No it is not competition that will kill Abunai, Abunai will kill Abunai.
>>
>>9067181
Entry to ACC might be cheaper, but if you want an autograph or picture with one of the celebs, you pay more for one of those alone than an Animecon weekend ticket at their at-the-door prices.
>>
>>9067281
Abunai is also loosing against Animecon, it took a few years for younger visitors to realise that Animecon is not that expensive after all.

The difference between Animecon and Abunai is only 4 euros if you buy a weekend ticket when sales starts and it with that Animecon has a lot more to offer, both in organisation, location, hotels and public transport.
>>
>>9067349
true, but those 2 aren't at the exact same date
>>
>>9067352
Also true, but most of the younger have to make choices because financial limitations, spend a few bucks more on Animecon and later on spend some less on ACC instead of a rather expensive Abunai.
>>
>>9067358
hahaha spend less on ACC? it's a fair so spending money AT ACC is more tempting than at Abunai
>>
Got a quesstion for you Anon.

How do you feel about martial arts in cosplay acts, pictures and not be correct and/or greatly exaggerated? I have seen dainty little girls gently hit a fat neckbeard to send them 'flying'

Is it just this anon who considers this a annoyance or do more people actually feel the same way?
>>
>>9067369
True, but most kids only look at ticket price.

Also:http://www.veronicamagazine.nl/nieuws/9683-darth-vader-en-chewbacca-komen-naar-amsterdam

ACC is getting more and more interesting by the second.
Hmmm.... totaly wondering if i should get my light sabers signed.
>>
>>9067369
You don't have to spend all that money on pictures and autographs, how much do you think those kids spend at an average con in the first place?

Getting in is prio one.
>>
>>9066424
it was set up in a few weeks if I'm not mistaken by the same people that did Otakucon
>>
>>9067393
i was more so talking about the fact that a comic con is 80% market? fuck those celebs I don't even pay that with my 22 year old ass. But I know that 16 - 18 year olds buy a lot of merch, I do got siblings and some younger friends you know.....
>>
>>9067420
especially youngsters I think. When they live at home with their parents, posters everywhere, figures everywhere, most 20+ leave that behind once they leave their parents' house.
>>
>>9067424
Nah we just level up to more expensive merc.
like cars and houses, and limited special editions XD
>>
>>9067416
Not really set up in a few weeks, the 'promotion' has been done the last week or so. The plan of Fan Base Culture has been for months. It is originally setup by Otaku Shoppu. Now OtakuNL (yes from Otakucon) is helping, that is why there is some 'promotion' going on.
>>
>>9067378
You mean something similar like 18 year old girls looking like 14, hitting 80 kg muscled men while shouting some elaborate name of a punch?

That only happens in Cosplay acts.....
>>
>>9067463
got friends in the organisation who say they were just asked 2 weeks ago to help, so most things are actually only set up since a few weeks....
>>
>>9067471
Yes, that is true. Because Otaku Shoppu was failing with organizing, that is why this shop asked OtakuNL to help out.
>>
>>9067473
So the stupid leading the blind.
If there is ever a group of people who have shown no capabilities in planning anything, it's those two groups.
>>
>>9067490
Nah, tomothings might be worse.
>>
>9067349
my biggest issue with your 4 euros difference statement is that it as mentioned only hold up for the first period of animecon ticket sales, where as Abunai's price stays the same no matter if you buy it at start or end. This gives space for those who can't yet reserve those days off from work or for ((high)school)students who don't have their schedule for those periods yet, where as having to wait with Animecon tickets adds up quickly. Additionally Animecon has the habit of colliding with exam times, which can cause even more problems.
>>
>>9067525
Managing your budget, planning, all valuable life lessons. You are going to need it anyway.
>>
>>9067525
sooooo they skip friday, either con or school.
>>
>>9067606
definitely true, though looking at anime's sales curve we see that those people are in the minority(whenever you visit the sales page it tells how many tickets have been sold thus far). I personally get it early, I just know the majority does not.

>>9067617
you are aware Saturday and these days more and more commonly Sunday too are work days for both people with normal jobs and side jobs right.
>>
>>9067675
but the subject was on teenagers......
>>
>>9067679
well youngsters, 20 somewhats included. Appart from that, most people still work mon-fri
>>
>>9067525
Last time I checked, exams finish by the end of May, but it has been a few years ago.
As for the 4 Euros you are right, but it also seems that the difference is never more than 13 Euros and I personally save that on traveling costs alone.
Not even talking about the quality difference.
>>9067675
>you are aware Saturday and these days more and more commonly Sunday too are work days for both people with normal jobs and side jobs right
So you mean that one can never go to a con?
>>
>>9067836
HBO and MBO usually have exams around june though
>>
>>9067854
dont forget university
>>
>>9067463
Otakunl comes across as such a douche he tries too hard to promote himself
>>
>>9067883
> "comes across as"
> is actually a douche
Case closed.
>>
>>9067891
Heard he cheated in on his previous girlfriend lel.
>>
>>9067995

Correct. I heard the stories as well
>>
>>9067995
I knew his previous girlfriend, the little bitch. I wonder if his current girlfriend is also barely legal
>>
This Rotterdam cosplay/anime/kpop/bullshit event on facebook is just too cringy

> a maid in a onesie is not a maid. It's just someone in a onesie
> Girl isn't even cute to begin with.
> A chance on holding hands, hugging and kissing on the cheek by this so-called maid for only €2,50.

We certainly shouldn't let this opportunity pass. Although I really hope the organisation is just trolling.
>>
>>9068134
>A chance on holding hands, hugging and kissing the cheek (...) for only €2,50
>>
>>9068134
Are you serious? That is just... wow!
>>
>>9068097
She lives with him. He lives with his parents.

>>9067883
He tries too hard, but I heard that he also likes to use the fame of his girlfriend to get more populair. But guess what... it doesn't work.
>>
>>9067995
Well, I never heard about cheating, but it wouldn't surprise me since he asks girls multiple times for nudes while beeing in a relationship.
>>
>>9068522
Met his current gf at Fan Base Project. I heard he started a relationship with her, while having another one. Everybody knew, except the girl he was probably cheating on.
>>
>>9068564
Correct. He had for a month a relation with the new girl and with Naomi.
>>
File: ss+(2016-06-24+at+02.36.38).png (43KB, 538x562px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-06-24+at+02.36.38).png
43KB, 538x562px
>>9068134
Heres the original post.
>>
>>9068805
o m g cringgggeee
>>
>>9068805
>Maid in a pikachu onesie
>Will call you master or mistress
>Nothing sensual or sexual
>Hold hands, get hugs and end the "date" with a kiss
I've got so many questions and they all begin with "why".
>>
>>9068805
I'm going to buy a ticket and take her to bed.
>>
>>9068805
So the people that will do this are guys that can't get chicks on their own. I bet there will be harassment or maybe the dude things the girl really likes him afterwards. can't wait for this drama!
>>
>>9068819
She looks like a normie who isn't 18 yet. They could have at least picked either a mediocre cosplayer or decent maid
>>
>>9068805
>2 likes
>Commenting has been disabled for this post
I'm seriously considering visiting Dashcon 2.0: Rotterdam Edition, just so I can laugh and appreciate bigger conventions even more.

>>9068819
Go for it, her boyfriend doesn't mind being cucked anyway.

>>9068843
Silly Anon, those girls would never fall this low for the sake of having a "free convention".
>>
DDR fans here too?
>>
>>9068906
Deutsche Demokratische Republik? Probably not.
>>
>>9068906
The day I bought myself two DDR mats marked the day I started losing a lot of weight. I still suck at it tho...
>>
>>9068926
Stepmania fan here
>>
Seriously Nishicon?
>>
>>9068906
I should get myself some mats at one point. I spent way too much time on DDR at animecon.
>>
>>9068805
I hope for the girl that Chris Klinkers doesn't discovers this.
>>
>>9068926
What's a good place to buy them? I've been wanting them for a while.
>>
>>9068926
same, though it's a nice way to work out with noone watching.

I usually am hesitant to do it at cons with people watching, but when you're busy everything around you kinda fades away.
>>
>>9068805

When's neko neko ni gonna do this

Would pay more for some time with them
>>
File: Screenshot_20160624-195831.png (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160624-195831.png
1MB, 1440x2560px
>>9069063
I bought mine at Futuremax during a "buy one, get one free" offer over two years ago. They work fine with Stepmania, and despite being the "cheap" versions they are still going strong. They work wonders at parties as well, there is little more entertaining than watching drunken twenty-somethings play DDR for the first time.

Pic related, it's the one I have. Just keep in mind you need to flatten it out or tape it down during the first few uses.
>>
>>9069092
Correction, bought them back in 2011 (time flies). Just keep in mind the USB cords on them are tiny, so you might to buy an USB extension cord to go with it. You could also check eBay, the English pound is low right now due to Brexit so definitely check out some UK sellers.
>>
>>9068847
I'm considering going as ramptoerist but the OV costs are significant
>>
>>9069087
Rather that they don't, all those girls are too young for this shit. Why you creeping after them?
>>
File: Nishicon.jpg (507KB, 1590x1590px) Image search: [Google]
Nishicon.jpg
507KB, 1590x1590px
It begs the question.
>>
>>9068906
I played it a lot in the 00s, but not really anymore after that.. I still like searching up those old stepmania animemixes though.
>>
>>9069125
Glad I've got NS Weekend Vrij, makes going to random places and shitty cons during the weekend a lot cheaper for both myself any anyone I drag along (40% off their journey).
>>
So it was just announced that Vidcon will be coming to Amsterdam next year. I'm not really sure what to make out of it, it's a convention for online streamers with well known YouTubers as guests, but why bring to to the Netherlands? Do we really have such a great following of fans on Dutch/international YouTubers willing to pay money just for the chance of meeting them?
>>
>>9070039
As in Dutch YouTube Gathering?
>>
>>9070039
Yeah, we have a crazy youtube following here. If you look at popular youtubers their views per country, the Netherlands is always in the 10 ten or on an extremely high place compared to the small country that we are.
>>
if markiplier comes here I'll buy a ticket for sure
>>
Would love if Markiplier can be there. But i think if they invite international gaming youtubers pewdiepie or jackscepticeye would be more logical seeing the distance
>>
Naomi's ex just did a turn to the worse side again. Hacked/broke into her youtube and deleted all videos. Post is public as she claims that she has nothing to hide anyways. She want to sue him.

Would it work when she herself had logged in onto his old laptop 1 year ago?
>>
>>9070039
Sounds like cancer.
>>
>>9067883
>>9067891
>>9067995
>>9068564
>>9068636
Douche confirmed lelel
>>
File: Untitled.png (183KB, 640x897px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
183KB, 640x897px
>>9070478
forgot to remove op's name
>>
File: words from leon.png (23KB, 612x201px) Image search: [Google]
words from leon.png
23KB, 612x201px
>>9070478
>>9070488
Don't forget his defence, posted by another person on his behalf.

>Goed uit elkaar gegaan
He cheated on her. Trust me, there are no clean breakups once one has cheated on the other.

On a side-note, how bad was the Rotterdam "Maid Date" event?
>>
>>9070507
made date event yet to come, it's a different thing I discovered
>>
Clean break up, doesn't want anything to do with her, threatens to inform the police? You can't tell me thats what a clean break up looks like. Then again I don't have relationships.
>>
>>9070562
I can be your relationship xx
>>
>>9070562
>Then again I don't have relationships.
In a way I envy you anon/femanon. You haven't had to deal with the betrayal of having your GF cheat on you and dumping you for him, let alone dealing with it twice in a row. Shit hurts like crazy and makes it so much harder to trust anyone you let into your heart.

>>9070573
You know, sometimes I feel like leaving my email address just so I can see a picture of whoever is trying to find a GF on /cgl/.
>>
>>9064337
Cosplayer on the right is Tabasugoi but I have no clue who the girl holding the gun is.
>>
>>9070971
Congratulations, you've added absolutely nothing to the conversation.

>>9070039
Without thinking about it all too much: HELL TO THE FUCKING YES! Would pay ALL of the money to see my favorite youtubers IRL!
>>
Waarom is alle promotie art for Nederlandse cons zo kut?
>>
>>9070584
Oh, im a girl, thought you might be a cute guy, ugu :#
>>
This is DCH

I will start working on flushing out all the Anons who talk shit about others on this side of 4 chan instead going public about all of the shit there has been going on here.

Its time to expose the majority of little shits here backstabbing and talking shit about others..

Following the upcoming days I will start exposing hatefull comments about others.
>>
>>9071124
Since when do you have to be a straight guy to be curious about how ">the no qt CGL GF" guys look desu?

>>9071144
>DCH
Who? Anyway have fun, sounds a good way to keep the threads active until the next big con takes place.
>>
>>9071144
Dortse Computer Handel?

But you know, you could just ask us in real life. Most of us don't hide it that we're here
>>
File: 1422484516647.jpg (30KB, 373x327px) Image search: [Google]
1422484516647.jpg
30KB, 373x327px
>>9071144
Go back to cosplayNL.
>>
>>9071144
>This is DCH
>I will start working on flushing out all the Anons who talk shit about others on this side of 4 chan instead going public about all of the shit there has been going on here.
>Its time to expose the majority of little shits here backstabbing and talking shit about others..
>Following the upcoming days I will start exposing hatefull comments about others.
Sounds fun! Can't wait.
>>
>>9071144
Ooooh. So edgy.

Oh, wait, did I type edgy? Because I meant to type cringey. Fuck off, scrub.
>>
On a somewhat different note: am i the only one whos getting tired of cosplay couples who only post pics of each other all over the internet?
>>
>>9071335

I dont see this a lot from dutch cosplayers but maybe im just missing it. Or do you mean in general?
>>
>>9071144
How and maybe more importantly why?
>>
File: 1452545080644.jpg (156KB, 480x300px) Image search: [Google]
1452545080644.jpg
156KB, 480x300px
>>9071144
What's DCH tho?
>>
>>9071107
Agree. Art is indeed fugly.
>>
>>9071383
Dutch Cosplay Heroes?
>>
>>9071383
Danish Culinary Hosts?

Dumb Cunts & Hoes?
>>
>>9071144
It's not like all my friends don't know im on here, and if someone i didn't know were to ask, i'd straight up tell 'em "jup!"
>>
Starting on a cosplay tomorrow for Abunai, you guys wanna share what you are planning (either Abunai or ACC)? Mine is going to be a Disney princess
>>
File: 1457908170735.gif (335KB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
1457908170735.gif
335KB, 500x364px
>>9071598
I'm joining the masquerade and I haven't started yet. Same last year lel
>>
>>9071598
DORARARARARARAAAAA~!
>>
>>9071598
I'm going to cosplay as a gender bend version of OP.
>>
>>9071617
same, waiting for my fabric to arrive.....
>>
File: sage.jpg (23KB, 700x466px) Image search: [Google]
sage.jpg
23KB, 700x466px
Current thread is on auto-sage, new thread can be found at >>9071782
>>
>>9071144
>Dutch Computer Heroes
Please be an hero
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYU6QJ0Ds9Y
It has some cute mumei cosplay in it.
>>
>>9078532
But not cute enough to post in the right thread... >>9071782
Thread posts: 323
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.