[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Making it in finance as a non-chad

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: dondraper-600x3301.jpg (37KB, 700x385px) Image search: [Google]
dondraper-600x3301.jpg
37KB, 700x385px
I recently got back from Hong Kong on a comfy little few day trip. I decided to venture around 'central' the financial district for a bit, and I noticed that almost all the expats working there in finance were all chads who looked like they were the head of their Fraternity in college.

Me, a little poor skinny fat guy who just makes good grades and likes finance started to realize that I might not ever be able to make it in this industry..

Why all finance people are alphamale??
>>
>>2686285
>>>/r9k/
Wrong board pal.
>>
Hit the gym and fake it until you make it.
>>
>>2686285
>Why all finance people are alphamale??
You've got to be kidding me. Go to London Bridge and look at all the fat, bald manlets leaving the city. There may be the odd super rich, fit, alpha male, but for the most part they are just sun starved, caffeinated, bent spine modern day slaves.

Finance is a meme these days. Learn to invest - or trade from a weekly chart looking to hold stocks for months, be patient, live life and enjoy the ride.
>>
File: BLOOD.jpg (402KB, 1988x1118px) Image search: [Google]
BLOOD.jpg
402KB, 1988x1118px
Develop a frame, a mindset, a alpha approach to life and stick to it. Eventually you'll become the person you've always wanted to be. Become mindful, be aware of your surroundings and only produce positive energy for whoever you meet.
Be humble, never speak negative about others, imagine they're in the room with you when you talk behind their back. Have good posture, give a firm handshake - strengthen your conversations, no pointless bullshit, no gossip, and raise everyone around you.

Never compare yourself to those Chads, find your own way - never be weak. Imagine them going home and being just as pussy as you are right now. There's always hope it's just most put on a mask and it's working since you've been tricked.

Fake it till you make it.
>>
>>2687018
This.

Why do so many white finance dudes go bald so early.
>>
>>2687430

Sitting in windowless cubicle hunched over a computer 80+ hours wrecks testosterone.
>>
>>2687793

testosterone is why you lose your hair though

well, a product of it
>>
>>2686285
>Why all finance people are alphamale??

Its biology. Stress- physical, social or otherwise, leads to destruction of dopamine receptors and reduced response to rewards and incentives, permanently. For the underclass, a permanent state of stress exists which suppresses higher brain function and ensures negative behavior like drug use and impulsivity, valuing near-term rewards at the expense of a longer term their chaotic lives cannot plan for. "Successful" people earn more and have better overall health and happiness and it starts with the family and childhood.

Ours is a manufactured society which puts children through a complex behavior modification program- the compulsory school system- to enhance the success of some people and ensure that most are permanently disabled and dependent. Its important to note that this conditioning, when done properly, is transparent and ensures that properly socialized adults repeat the procedure on their offspring uncritically- as everyone knows children need to be graded, and sorted, like raw materials.

The lesser path to relative satisfaction is to fall in line as a beta and support this system with whatever rewards you can get. Part of this strategy is to believe in your inferiority and teach it as a survival skill to your own children- and feed them to the system.

This unfortunate inheritance of primate physiology, apart from the widespread cruelty and destruction of human potential, is the destruction of the natural world, currently plainly visible from the data gathered by natural scientists.

The high road is resistance but the fact is the social conditioning is so strong, widespread, and effectively inculcated that prospects are dim for equitable and rational societies based on sustainable and ethical systems.

This same primate socio-physiology ensures that the alpha competition remains relatively high stress and lethal for the majority of participants. Alpha-ness is socially unstable.
>>
>>2686285

i work in finance as a quant.

so heres the deal: finance guys knows that appearance is everything. EVERYTHING. these guys are not stupid. but they will try to maximize all their appearance, whether it is themselves, their powerpoint slides, their pitch, their knowledge, whatever it is - why?

to impress you. to make you buy what they sell you.

dont believe the hype. in the end, its just sales.
on the bright side, working with these guys i've REALLY started to work in my appearance as well (not the most important thing when youre used to the mathematics environment in university, lol). taking all the proper vitamins, lifting, getting enough sleep, eating properly, drinking enough water. I try now to be crisp as possible whenever i interact with anyone that i want something from.

also hong kong sux.
>>
>>2687018
>Finance is a meme these days.

Kek, that's just plain wrong, hell it's even a problem in countries like France or the USA, 70 years ago the young elite entered in science/engineering fields (building nuclear reactors or doing research in biology), politics or humanities, now they all go to finance (especially the ones with a good maths background).

Finance is so attractive that it basically attracts too much of the elite these days.
>>
>>2688106
And yet, look at how many Hedge Funds are bombing left and right.
Banking is not even considered by these guys because it doesn't pay anywhere near HFs. It's all about quants these days, I suspect, which is an arena out of reach for retail guys. Even if you learn exactly what they are doing, you simply won't be able to replicate because you don't have the infrastructure. In that sense, forget day trading and move on to position trading/investing.

The amount of abuse these guys take, however, may or may not be worth the money you make. Just personal choice. Working 80 hour weeks is just not for me.
>>
File: 534.jpg (96KB, 390x390px) Image search: [Google]
534.jpg
96KB, 390x390px
>>2688200

>The amount of abuse these guys take, however, may or may not be worth the money you make.

almost certainly not considering i shitpost all day and made more than any of them this year with cryptocurrency
>>
>>2686285
Nerds sit in the derivatives desks.

t. guy from swap desk

Also read this, works in every financial district:
http://www.businessinsider.com/wall-street-dressing-hierarchy-2015-7?IR=T
The highest-tier of power suit you could have there is bermudas and polo. That means you don't give a fuck about dresscode and that means no one has leverage over you (probably you are independent, or outside the hierarchy something like a hedge fund manager or great trader).
>>
File: 1490553671753.jpg (12KB, 236x314px) Image search: [Google]
1490553671753.jpg
12KB, 236x314px
>>2686285
Become alpha
>>
>>2688082
>>2688337
I work in a bank (not a investment bank though). The quants are nerds and quite intelligent people.
The leaders are the fucking chads.
>>
The guys in sales and externally visible managers are the only chads.
>>
>>2688025
That's bullshit. But I believe it.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.