[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stupid idiot who makes "decent" money, need help investing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Spice.jpg (61KB, 625x419px) Image search: [Google]
Spice.jpg
61KB, 625x419px
>25 yr old
>50k yearly gross
>Want to save and retire by age 55 to 60
>Want to own a house an potentially a cabin, and wish to travel a little outside the US
>Is it possible?
>My general monthly expenses add up to about $850, including rent ($250), food and other shit
>How do I go about this, just dump money endlessly into an IRA and Roth IRA and normal savings account and not think about it?
>>
>>1591321

Btw, I am single, and will most likely keep it that way.
>>
File: gr.gif (47KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
gr.gif
47KB, 320x240px
>>1591324
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>1591329

What... I am simply asking for some advice about investing, wtf does /r9k/ have to do with this?
>>
>>1591321
Change careers/get promoted if possible
Max 401k and IRA and you should be set
Put any additional money into an index fund with Vanguard
Use for downpayment on house or small condo once you settle down. Rent out any additional rooms.
>>
>>1591321
How far away from your first million?
>>
>>1591409
This

>>1591321
Yes OP you're on the right track. Whatever you do don't do some stupid shit like trying to invest in the stock market on your own time, it is not worth the time effort and heart ache. Max out your retirement contributions (hopefully your firm matches a certain %, take advantage of that) and put some in a vanguard every paycheck. Dedicate your time to being the best you can be at your job and you will get promoted in time. You're in a good position and time is on your side, your goals are easily achievable.
>>
>>1591451

They match dollar for dollar up to 6% of my yearly income.

I believe they also have profit sharing.
>>
>>1591409

I could top out my pay at about 62k yearly gross. But I cannot quite change careers as I am skilled mainly in one specific area, and the pay is pretty flat lined around the US.

>>1591451

But, what if I wanted to retire earlier and saved like a fiend, is it possible?
>>
>>1591321

Just remember to constantly look for new jobs. I thought I could join a company, work hard, and just work my way up. I started out 5 years ago making $40k at the company and got to $100k a year 5 years later. A friend told me to interview at a company he knew someone with and the same position paid $150k there. I started looking around and most other companies were paying $120k-170k for my job/experience. There's risk involved, but you typically get bigger increases in pay by moving companies than sticking with a single one.
>>
>>1591663
What is your job?
>>
>>1591693
What you do?
>>
>>1591710

Senior Underwriter (Credit Analyst as some other places call it). Basically, I analyze the financials and write up the credit memo that the credit officer reads and uses to approve the loan. I was at a smaller bank doing commercial loans from $50 thousand to $15 million.
>>
>>1591767
thanks ill give you a call soon bro
>>
>>1591708

A trucker... I was planning on starting to finish my Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, have my Associate already, but idk if it's even worth going into debt for.

Went into trucking to make some cash and thought, fuck it, might just stay at it.
>>
Don't ever call yourself stupid. You need to get in the frame of mind that you can achieve what you dream of. You will own a cabin. You will find someone nice to be with. You're going to double your salary in five years time. I can feel it. You have a great head on your shoulders. Apply yourself and you will surprise everyone with how quickly you succeed. Best of luck friend. Also DONT MAKES EXCUSES
>>
>>1591321
First of all stupid and idiot means the same thing, second of all tell me how much money do you have right now.

You can dump 10k into video game development. Pay your programmer+artist between 300-1000 dollars per game.
Buy some social media accounts, some will have a lot of bots in them, but 50% will have real followers.
Use Kickstarter/Indiegogo. Pay for the cheapest demos possible which get the idea across in a plausible and hyping manner.

Try your luck at crypto trading. It's easier if you have an extroverted personality and don't baghold and don't treat it like a slow stock exchange. Every month there's always a slow pump & dump which lets everyone get in, just remember to sell at the highest point, that way you get the most money. Watch that volume though, a low volume is useless.

You can invest in a nice little truffle farm or buy a truffle dog and go search for truffles yourself. But quality truffles are found in France, Italy and UK. A few are found in Romania as well.
>>
>>1592246
>remember to sell at the highest point
Yeah, and also win the lottery. That's really easy money!
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.