[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much maths do you need to know in order to beat the stock market?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 16

File: 9ikjn.jpg (8KB, 200x240px) Image search: [Google]
9ikjn.jpg
8KB, 200x240px
How much maths do you need to know in order to beat the stock market?
>>
>>1546553
You need to understand and have a firm grasp of topology, probability, abstract algebra, and differential geometry.

Establish a statistical manifold (a Riemannian manifold) by defining the points as being probability distributions. These distributions are obtained by analysis of prior events (read: price movements) of the stock then calculating the probability that it will rise or fail after defining a strong coupling to an extraneous variable (which essentially operates as the weight) like news, SEC filings, etc.

You can generalize this by abstracting the statistical manifold into a symplectic manifold, but I won't get into it.

All in all, you're probably too stupid to implement any of it anyway. Better off committing suicide.

>inb4 kys faggot u don't know shit
I do. I'm currently beating the market and have been helping all of you do it as well.
>>
File: 3242234324324324234.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
3242234324324324234.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>1546580
>All in all, you're probably too stupid to implement any of it anyway. Better off committing suicide.

why do you have to say things like that. I already hate myself as it is.

;___;
>>
>>1546593
That doesn't mean you should give up. I admit I was a little harsh, but if you truly take a crack at it, you can do big things my man.

Don't let some faggot deter you from your quest of knowledge.
>>
>>1546580
>you're probably too stupid to implement any of it anyway
How to un-stupidify myself?
Any tutorials?
>>
basic arithmetic

the rest of is just data interpretation
>>
>>1546601
>if you truly take a crack at it, you can do big things my man.

I'm going to. This is my last hope.
>>
>>1546553
>Establish a statistical manifold (a Riemannian manifold) by defining the points as being probability distributions. These distributions are obtained by analysis of prior events (read: price movements) of the stock then calculating the probability that it will rise or fail after defining a strong coupling to an extraneous variable (which essentially operates as the weight) like news, SEC filings, etc.
Implying everybody has to become a quant.
>>
>>1546580
kys faggot u don't know shit

If you could reliably beat the market, you'd be the richest most well-known advisor on Wall Street. You'd be in the top 5% of the top 1%.

Instead, you role-play on /biz/ to mask the shame of your eternal poverty and virginity. Getting a (You) is literally the highlight of your day, and represents the most productive thing you've ever accomplished.

So here you go, faggot, I'll increase your returns by 300%:

>>1546580 (You)
>>1546580 (You)
>>1546580 (You)
>>
>>1546626

no bullying in my thread pls
>>
>>1546629
>no bullying in my thread pls
reddit plz go

I bully everyone who makes stupid claims. The only way to inoculate the board against attention-whoring roleplayers is to hose them with shame and ridicule. Consider yourself fortunate that all you did was ask a stupid question, versus making up bullshit like >>1546580, or I'd make you cry too.
>>
>>1546649

stop it.
>>
>>1546649
Yeah, that guy totally looks dumb right now. Thank god for your autistic sperg fit.
:^)
>>
>>1546649
Maybe you can find a pile of sand and a hammer, then see how much of it you can pound up your ass?
>>
>>1546553
Don't try to beat the market, instead go with it.
>>
>>1546553
generally speaking as long as you don't get too emotional and bite off more than you can chew, you don't need to be a math genius to beat the stock market.
>>
>>1546626
I didn't even read what you wrote, faggot.
>>
>>1546626
>300%
>(You) 4 times
kek
>>
>>1546701
>literally counting the (You)s
>proving everything I said was true
Fuck, it's like shooting fish in a barrel. You roleplayers are so desperate for attention that you don't even care that you sound like retards.

How am I supposed to enjoy proving that you're a roleplaying faggot when every post you make screams "I'm a roleplaying faggot?"

Do me a favor and make some more ridiculous claims about your gains. It's more fun for me when you try, rather than just giving in to the faggotry,
>>
>>1546626

Do you know who you are replying to?
>>
>>1546706
>>1546707
Nah. He doesn't.
>>
>>1546706
>dude role playing
All these corners and you chose the edge.
>>
>>1546711
Are you pretending to be someone now? Putting on a trip doesn't make you any less of a faggot, kid.

Are you seriously going to pretend that you know more about investing than me, or that you have more money than me? Kek. I'll give you credit for saving dosh my living in your mom's basement, but you're a fucking toddler compared to me.
>>
File: 1475636446678.jpg (9KB, 250x226px) Image search: [Google]
1475636446678.jpg
9KB, 250x226px
>tfw too intelligent to beat the stock market
>>
>>1546728
(You)
>>
>>1546580
Be honest: Do you really think your strategy is applicable to anything besides low-float small caps?
>>
>>1546743
I'll give you credit for knowing when you're outmatched. You can take off your trip now. On board like /biz/ trips should be reserved for those with unique or special knowledge or experience relevant to the board. You clearly don't qualify.

Let's clean up /biz/ ... one roleplayer at a time!
>>
File: 1475528810387.png (14KB, 572x572px) Image search: [Google]
1475528810387.png
14KB, 572x572px
>>1546751
This is obviously bait.
You aren't even trying to be subtle anymore.
>>
>>1546580
>beating the market
>ever
The only thing that matters is fundamentals + luck. Buy News Sell the rumors and have luck, that's ALL.
>>
>>1546744
It's not. I've said this a few times. It's only for micro-caps.
>>
>>1546773
Then how have I made consistent calls > 6 times? Oh. Luck. Shut the fuck up.
>>
>>1546754
How is it bait to call out and mock liars? Anyone who comes on the board and brags that they know the "secret method" to beating the market is an obvious huckster, and you're a rube if you believe them for a second.

We need to stop the cancerous culture of worshiping coin flippers. "Hurray, you called heads correctly! What a genius!" "Wow, two in a row, that statistically impossible!" "Oh, you got one wrong? Totally not your fault!" It's like you sheep never took statistics or probabilities class (which, upon reflection, is almost certainly true).

And then there's your abject gullibility. You believe everything that conforms to your preconceived notions, even in the face of literal contrary evidence. Despite study after study proving the long-term futility of stock picking, you keep on buying those lottery tickets.

Look, I know I shouldn't care. Economic Darwinism isn't something to cry about, and I'll need someone to trim my hedges and make my lattes. If that's you guys, then so be it. But it doesn't have to be that way. You could grow your money in proven, sustainable methods. You could have a healthy, comfortable financial futures.

But fuck that, right? So fucking boring! To the moon! Every Robinhood account is a ticket to glory!

Just remember that I like my latte with 2%, and don't look me in the eye or I probably won't leave you a tip.
>>
>>1546774
Then can you really say you've beat the market?
You'll post huge returns for a while but eventually your wealth will grow to the point that you can't go all-in on microcaps. Some of the companies you've called had market caps under $2 mil so I imagine even $100k would be immensely disruptive.
>>
>>1546783
>t. bagholding faggot
My sides.
>>
>>1546788
You're implying that those "smaller gains" aren't great for someone like us. I don't need to all in on anything anymore. Gains are gains, my guy. I'm not some mega millionaire. I'm just some faggot that continues to win.
>>
File: 1363641061085.jpg (79KB, 720x682px) Image search: [Google]
1363641061085.jpg
79KB, 720x682px
>>1546777
>>1546774
yo Pimple,
What do you think about JNUG?
I also have 277 shares of MSTX, should i cut my loss on them?
I bought 24 shares when it was at a low today.
I'm new to trading and I am learning as I go, been fun so far.
Thanks for the tips btw, I've been late to the game on most of them, but I'll keep looking out for your tips
>>
>>1546774
>>1546777
So, so tell us what to buy next. If you refuse with some bullshit excuse you are bullshitting.
>>
>>1546804
>I bought 24 shares when it was at a low today.
24 shares on JNUG i meant
>>
>>1546795
How did you do July - Sept? Trying to judge my own performance. I only made 100%, that period was easy ass pickings. I fucked a lot of shit up, and was playing it way too fast and loose. Unemployed so no time to formalize any of it, too broke for market data and live data. Wish you were into taking in apprentices for free. I know now that this can be done because I did it, consistently, my first time. It seems to be largely attitude and reacting quickly enough, juggling risk. I'd love to be able to formalize a strategy with rigor but I have to try to cram in free statistics lessons while trying to wagecuck. Hate myself and just wish I could trade and have time for all of this shit. I used to do drugs until I found trading.
>>
>>1546795
Yeah, but only in the short term. It's not really "beating the market" if the strategy doesn't work over 10 or 20 years.

>>1546804
Are you that fucking guy who lost money on expired memes just to troll
>>
File: image.jpg (83KB, 628x1104px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83KB, 628x1104px
>>1546815
Yes I am. I tip my fedora to you, good sir
>>
>>1546804
I'm not him, but stay the fuck away from it until gold moves. I wouldn't buy JDST either. I dumped these ETFs after they did nothing post rate decision; they'd move 10-15% on NEWS about the fucking rate decision and barely even measured up to that when the fed actually did nothing, that's how I knew shit was weird and people who asked I told not to buy it, and sold NUGT (which moved more than JNUG, which isn't usual) at 24 I think, from 19 a few days earlier (there were way better entries but I was skeptical). Right now, for me, there's not enough there to be bearish on it right now either, so I did not and currently don't intend on taking a position on the miners whatsoever ATM. I am going to wait until something bigger happens. I would strongly watch the bull ETFs though purely because they are super cheap and being sold at a discount, when they bounce back (even if gold in general downtrend) it would prove a profitable intraday/swing trade.
>>
>>1546804
Also I have no idea why you'd buy MSTX. You asked for that. Your question is worthless because either way you fail. Just one option could leave you with more failure. So sell it all, you should've never bought it, should've dumped when your losses were 5%. If you really want to be a fag then sell half and sell the rest when you see it's still dying, but at least then if you get lucky you get a little bit less loss. Either way the whole play was shit and that will not change.
>>
>>1546823
Awesome, that was insightful. I'll probably sell them off tomorrow morning.
>>1546833
Thanks for the honesty, yeah it was a retarded buy, but the meme's told me it was good. I'll sell them off tomorrow
>>
File: IMG_7536.png (69KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7536.png
69KB, 640x1136px
>>1546844
What memes told you to buy JNUG?! Why would they say that? Look at gold and JNUG's gains on news of rate hike, every time it was less than optimistic these ran like motherfuckers. Then the fed actually did nothing and it barely even moved. With the miners, this hits super hard, and JNUG/NUGT got crushed way before gold did. You can see as soon as gold actually moved, JNUG got fucking ripped apart. Looking at gold, JDST might be a good buy tomorrow, but be ready to hedge. Never hold these if it's not looking good. Trust me, JNUG and NUGT are very great instruments and you can make great returns on them if you are careful enough. Here was my week from JNUG's two weeks after JDST's two weeks. I will post a picture of when I knew to switch from JDST in a second.
>>
File: IMG_7477.jpg (77KB, 800x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7477.jpg
77KB, 800x1280px
>>1546875
This says "bet against me." I sold at this moment. You're lucky I keep records.
>>
>>1546789
>t. broken clock
Muh sides.
>>
>>1546875
>What memes told you to buy JNUG?!
Some fags talking about gold on this board.
>>1546876
I'm learning as I go, and you are teaching me a lot, appreciate it.
Do you recommend any reasonable stocks I should buy tomorrow with whatever shekels get from selling off JNUG?
>>
>>1546844
Oh, kek, MSTX meme buy, apologies. Yeah, don't do that. Short memes if anything.
>>
>>1546891
You buy whatever is happening already. Do you get what I'm saying? Why try to guess and be a psychic? It's more profitable to try to assess whether or not a move is at its peak yet. Get in moves, take a slice, leave. Leave the real losses and real profits to those dumb enough to take on that amount of risk.
>>
>>1546895
>It's more profitable to try to assess whether or not a move is at its peak yet. Get in moves, take a slice, leave.
Great advice! Timing the market is sure to make you billions!
>>
>>1546891
With gold, now, that's different, because these run for weeks from my experience. But I've pussied out and gotten back in many times with them. Many times in those two weeks did I sell JNUG too early and decide to settle with NUGT gains for the day. That's why my weekly gain was 40% and not 50%. Though to be honest that was probably my best play, it was just asking for it, I still got a great reward-risk deal. But with stocks, watch the top % gainers in the morning. That's all you've got to do. You'll be wrong a few times but then you'll see what sticks and what doesn't.
>>
>>1546898
Luckily the reason this even has opportunity for profit is because of beliefs like this. Timing isn't that hard, perfect timing is impossible though. Thanks, algos.
>>
>>1546626

You have no idea who you're replying to m8. That Battletoad knows his shit
>>
>>1546902
>Timing isn't that hard
>Day trading isn't that hard
>TA isn't that hard
>Forex isn't that hard
Every fucking day.

>>1546903
I don't care if the little faggot is Warren Buffet's illegitimate bastard. He's a roleplayer and coin flipper. Call me when he, you, or anyone in the RH thread has a track record of sustained profitability. Until then, fuck off poorfag.
>>
>>1546626
>be me
>have beat the market 5/6 past years
>i'd say that's reliable
>only invest a few wageslave bucks
>not 1%

faggot

Plus it's not superbowl wins where you can lose a shitload one year but hurr durr as long as you get 1% over the market in a theoretically arbitrary 365 day period you're a genius
>>
>>1546895
Best advise I've ever had, Do don't hold, just get a piece of the action while it's going upwards.
>>1546900
awesome, thanks
>>
>>1546919
>have beat the market 5/6 past years
Prove it,

No excuse. No bullshit. No moving the goal posts. No partial evidence.

You made a claim.

Prove it.
>>
>>1546913
>Call me when he has a track record of sustained profitability.
He does.
>>
>>1546900
>with stocks, watch the top % gainers in the morning
whats your favorite site/chart/app to watch these on btw?
>>
>>1546928
No, he doesn't. The faggot's been around for what, three, four week?

Your investment career is at least 60 years long, or until you make 'fuck you' money, which you never will, Any coin flipper can string together some short-term wins, especially in a bull market (Jesus, it's like you guys have no fucking clue how the markets work).

Yay! You can now buy some hot pockets with your yuge gainz. But you're not really better off, you're no closer to being rich, and you're still facing decades of future investment decisions where the odds are stacked against you.

At least people who win the lottery make serious money. You're sucking the cock of some guy who won some $5 scratchers. That makes you homeless tier. Sad.
>>
>>1546940
TradingView. Sign up for a trial. They have a screener now, you can update it every second, Finviz only updates every ten mins or something. Finviz has its uses still, but there's nothing Finviz can do that TradingView can't do now.
>>
File: 420.png (75KB, 983x1013px) Image search: [Google]
420.png
75KB, 983x1013px
>>1546945
>coinflipper
He made 20,000% in 3 months.
>>
>>1546945
It's painfully obvious that you are angry. We get it, you play it safe. There's nothing wrong with that. There's really no reason to be this pissed.
>>
>>1546951
No. No he hasn't. Stop. being. gullible.
>>
>>1546951
Jesus, really? I've made 10,000% on ETC but that was almost all luck and... The most possible risk. It wasn't really anything I was proud of.
>>
>>1546955
I never said anything about how I invest. I'm not holding myself out as an example of how to get rich, nor have I bragged about my performance or wealth. Everything I've said in the thread is true regardless of whether I, myself, am penniless or loaded.

This is the problem with people who roleplay. They not only lie about their performance, but they try to convince others to follow shitty strategies. And because you're gullible, you do.

You know when you see someone in a horror movie do something stupid that's gonna get him killed, and you want to yell at the screen (and if you're black, you do yell at the screen)? That's how I feel when I see people like you.

But at the end of the day, I go home, safe and sound. So whether you lose money or not, I did my charitable duty by trying to help. Some people are just too stupid to be helped.
>>
File: 1341463182804.jpg (69KB, 360x267px) Image search: [Google]
1341463182804.jpg
69KB, 360x267px
>>1546967
Do you ever stop jerking yourself off?
>>
>>1546967
You sound like a really paranoid guy. I can tell you feel passionately about this but the facts remain that these opportunities happen every day, and it can be done. You are incredibly transparent in your aggression and delusions of grandeur. He's supposed to prove his experience, but you don't have to because you are doing your moral duty. In reality, you are just a dick who is backing up nothing and is only being abusive. I'd love to hear what you actually support as far as strategy but if you only want to attack people with claims of a larger scope of knowledge without substantiating that somehow then you are free to do so as well.
>>
>>1546967
>nor have I bragged about my performance or wealth
>>1546706
>Are you seriously going to pretend that you know more about investing than me, or that you have more money than me?
>>
>>1546980
>resorting to posting maymays because he can't keep pace with the discussion
Thanks for playing, junior.
>>1546981
>paranoid
That word doesn't mean what you think it does. That's probably not the first time someone has said that to you.

>He's supposed to prove his experience, but you don't have to because you are doing your moral duty.
He's making false claims about his performance and then using them to convince others to engage in risky and provably suboptimal trading strategies. As soon as I do either of those things, then you can start demanding my bona fides.

If you're going to argue from authority, then, yes, you need to prove you're an authority (and not a roleplayer). When you simply stick to independently provable facts and logical arguments, like me, the argument wins regardless of who is delivering it.

If you're offended by the manner in which I post, I suggest you check the url of the site your browsing, faggot, This isn't reddit. This isn't your safespace. If you can't handle the bantz, then Alt-F4 your ass out of here, Sally.

>>1546982
I never made any specific claims. At worst I was baiting him, but he recognized that he was outclassed and left the thread.
>>
File: 1338405330487.jpg (27KB, 461x500px) Image search: [Google]
1338405330487.jpg
27KB, 461x500px
>>1546988
>>
>>1546988
This would be the first time, yes. You weighing the likeliness of me not understanding what paranoia is as greater than the likeliness that you just did not grasp what I meant by that comment prettt much proves my other point. When I spoke about paranoia I was referring to your repeated reference to the people you are attacking as "roleplayers" and "liars," who are "outclassed" by you. I am really starting to doubt that you can turn a profit in the market while dealing with such severe bias.
>>
File: stock-photo-hangmans-noose.jpg (19KB, 332x470px) Image search: [Google]
stock-photo-hangmans-noose.jpg
19KB, 332x470px
>>1546988
Correct you didn't make any specific claims, but you did brag and imply that you have more then him and know more then him.

At least !evvNmblDqI has rep here that goes back and people can trust and be friendly with while you didn't even exist until 10/05/16(Wed)20:16:06

all you are doing is hiding behind Anonymous and bullying.

>>1546751
>Let's clean up /biz/ ... one roleplayer at a time!
Please, start with yourself.
>>
>>1546988
> bitches at someone for posting memes
> uses le back 2 reddit meme
Kek. >>>/b/

Also, how can you not accept that he is only making claims? They are neither true nor false. You assuming he's lying is only a little less dumb than assuming he's telling the truth. It's definitely enough to be interested and ask questions. And you are talking from a point of authority. Hardcore. So go ahead, you clearly want the attention. All eyes on you. Talk. Show off your prowess, how you do it the RIGHT way.
>>
>>1547002
>pretty
Don't try to butter me up with compliments, Sally. I don't swing your way.

>>1546999
>I am really starting to doubt that you can turn a profit in the market
It continues to amaze me how dim some people on this site truly are. I just spent 3 posts explaining why my personal investing strategy, performance, track record, and wealth are irrelevant to any of the points I've been making.

I realize it's takes work to read a post that you don;t agree with or can;t fully understand. Take your time. Read what I've written slowly and carefully. Consult a dictionary if needed. /biz/ is a slow board; the thread will still be here when you get back.

>>1547006
Wrong. I baited him into making more claims about his wealth or investing record. I was hoping to get more material to use against him. Instead of continuing the debate, he scampered off and left the thread. That tells me everything I need to know.

>bullying
I'll say it again, since you seem a bit slow. 4chan is not your safe space. If you, he, or anyone can't take the heat, then fuck off to /reddit/ and hoard some upvotes, you pansy-ass faggot.

>>1547010
>They are neither true nor false.
What the fuck. Literally W.T.F. Is this some 3D chess bullshit?

He made claims. They are most certainly either true or false. I assert they are false, since they run contrary to the predominant weight of statistical probability. He claims they're true because ... reasons. Faced with those facts, you defend him? That's some serious cognitive dissonance, or perhaps emotional attraction.
>>
>>1547006 #
Right, he was worse. The guy he is yelling at is the biggest asshole in the world for claiming to do something he may or may not have done, but he's a saint for telling the guy what a dumbass he is while arguing this position from a place of superiority and refusing to even make claims! I'd be inclined to think this was skillful trolling except I get the feeling that it isn't.
>>
>>1547014
>Right, he was worse. The guy he is yelling at is the biggest asshole in the world for claiming to do something he may or may not have done, but he's a saint for telling the guy what a dumbass while arguing this position from a place of superiority while even refusing to make claims! I would say this is a great troll except I can tell that it's not.
Whoah, Sally, slow down. No need to serial post. Take a breath, take your meds, and organize your thoughts. You come across as a frenetic retard.

If your jimmies are so rustled that you just randomly post bullshit, post after post, and then delete it, maybe its time for a nap?
>>
>>1547017
Obviously they are probably false, that's why I said your assumption is only slightly less stupid than assuming what he's saying is a lie. You can't know, why take a position on whether or not he is lying without having evidence? I really do doubt that you make any amount of money trading. You seem very angry and biased.
>>
>>1547020
Stop replying to my deleted posts you dick nigger. I'm baked and keep fixing them.
>>
>>1547023
>Obviously they are probably false
So you admit that the tripfag is a liar, which is EXACTLY what I've been saying since I came into the thread. And yet you've posted 9 rambling rants (and 2 deleted posts) attacking me?

I'm very confused about ...

>>1547024
>I'm baked

... nevermind.
>>
>>1546580
P...pimple?
>>
>>1547026
Exactly! I'm the one on drugs and how can you be the one who cannot comprehend that him PROBABLY being a liar and him CERTAINLY being a liar because that is the most likely scenario are not the same thing?
>>
>>1546795
>>
>>1547018
Honestly have no idea which side you are on now...

>>1547026
he is definitely just rambling or switching back and forth between winning side.

>>1547017
I think you are serious about about what you are implying but that's strictly opinion because i can't prove it.

>Wrong. I baited him
This is where I think you lied. Again can't prove it though.

>>1547018
>I'd be inclined to think this was skillful trolling except I get the feeling that it isn't.
even the kid on drugs saw you lie.

>since you seem a bit slow. 4chan is not your safe space.
Over the past 2 years this has become another form of reddit. You can't deny that if you do then you are either stupid for not seeing it or lying to yourself.
>>
>>1547028
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam%27s_razor

>Not that your weed-addled brain will grasp the relevance.

>>1547037
>This is where I think you lied.
I'd be happy to prove it, but it would derail the thread and distract from the point I'm trying to make. If the tripfag comes back and wants to have a dick measuring contest, I'll send him back to anonymity with tears in his eyes. Not because it proves anything, but because I enjoy being right.

But until then, I stand by my position that my personal strategy, returns, and wealth are irrelevant to any of the points I've made in the thread.
>>
>>1547037
Holy fuck, it was sarcasm. I was agreeing with you, saying this guy is worse than the pimple guy; he is acting like pimple is the biggest dick for making claims without substantiating them while talking like he knows all this shit while not only it proving anything, but refusing to even specify his experience or provide anything that would even require verification. Sorry for the lack of clarity.
>>
>>1547040
Damn anon, even my weed-addled brain can comprehend that Occam's Razor isn't a justification for being this confident in assumptions without empirical data... Sucks to be you...
>>
>>1547041
I was kinda just making fun of you for deleting it at the beginning. At the end of my post I actually used a reference of yours against him so I do know which side you are on.

>>1547040
>I'd be happy to prove it, but it would derail the thread
Derail the thread... really?

>>1546553
>How much maths do you need to know in order to beat the stock market?
Please show me evidence where you talking about the actual discussion at hand?
Unless you are going to talk about the thread topic why not show proof?
>>
>>1547055
>Derail the thread... really?
Get the tripfag back in here you'll see.
>you talking about the actual discussion at hand
I'd give you credit for this point, but its pretty evident that dimple sent this thread offtrack with the first reply of the thread. His self-proclaimed expertise, bravado, and false claims of success became the topic of this thread -- exactly as any attention-whore would intend.

If you want to cast stones, fine. But aim them at the right glass house.
>>
>>1547077
his first post was actual relevant while being exaggerated on what you actually need to know still relevant.

>>1546601
His first reply was actually encouraging someone

>>1546626
the reply that derailed the thread was you.

>>1546609
>>1546606
>>1546605
>>1546601
>>1546593
>>1546580
All of these from your first post all the way to first reply are relevant. I'm casting stones at the right glass house and the reason he left was because the thread was no longer on topic and was not needed.
>>
>>1546945
Hmm, anon is a faggot but he's right, once this bubble we're in inevitably bursts, the whole game will probably change and all the homeless-tier traders here won't be able to beg pimple for stock tips anymore
>>
>>1546580
Additionally, as a math major, you stated that in a far more complicated way than you needed to for the sole purpose of jerking yourself off. kek
>>
>>1547087
oh yeah 100% true nothing will last forever, but something new will always pop up.

>>1547090
again I agree he exaggerated quite a bit but then said he was harsh about what he said.

>>1547077
The way i see him is giving suggestions to stocks that aren't MAST or NUGT more then half of his suggestions have gone up and he repeatedly tells everyone that it's just a suggestion and he wants to help. Then people come up trying to save us from a "roleplayer" acting like he said "GET IN ON THIS STOCK, MY WORD IS GOD!". In realty he always tells everyone what he says is just a suggestion and to 'watch' it. Almost no one here does super well at the stock market here especially of they use RH. A lot of the people here lose money because they are not awake for the market open and don't pay attention to it as much as they need to if they want to make money.
>>
>>1546701
he gave you 1 you then said "I'll increase your returns by 300%" and gave you 3 more yous.

100% of 1 is 1
1 +300% of 1 = 4

This kind of math and reading comprehension can get complicated so I'm not judging you, just trying to help ;^)
>>
>>1547106
>more then half of his suggestions have gone up
so far. In the ultra short-term. During a bull market.

Don't forget to deduct taxes, commissions (if applicable), holding costs, and devalue your account by the inflation rate while you're waiting for the next moonshot.

Ooops, now you're losing to the market.

>>1547119
I appreciate the confirmation, but the guy apparently claims 20,000% gains. I don't think math is his strong suit.
>>
>>1546553
You at least need to know what a filtration is and have a good understanding of Stochastic integration in Banach spaces.
>>
>>1547123
I didn't say anyone made money I said his suggestions when up and they did.

he didn't claim that someone else did and he already left the thread by the time is was posted so he can't defend himself against that.
>>
>>1546951
>>1547134
forgot to tag the post.
>>
>>1546580
Does nobody understand that you are joking?
>>
>>1547134
>his suggestions when up and they did
Some.

Some of his suggestions went up. Not all, some.

That's how coin flipping works. You're going to get it right a lot of times. Occasionally, you'll even get it right many times in a row. But statistically speaking, over enough trials, the odds will even out. And since he's advocating ultra-short term trades, you're going to need to flip a fuckton of coins in your life to make any real money.

Mathematically (the topic of this thread, by the way) the odds will catch up to you. To a statistical degree of certainty.

Meanwhile, taxes, commissions, holding costs, and inflation are whiling away at your account relentlessly. Which, by the way, is why most stock pickers lose to the markets. It's not that they can't pick winners; it's that their trading costs are steadily working against them.

There's a reason why academics don't study stock picker's short-term success rates. It's just too random to be meaningful. Only a moron would declare themselves a "skilled" coin-flipper. But, on 4chan, that's exactly what some people do. Whether out of ignorance, delusion, or good ol' fashioned self-aggrandizement, people here lie about their track record. It's sad, and it shouldn't be encouraged.

In any event, I'm done arguing with you. You're not the one making outlandish claims or attention-whoring. I came to the thread to squash out the roleplayer, and he's not here anymore. We'll see if he has the balls to come back and defend himself or not.
>>
>>1547123
lol I'm reading the thread now and it's hilarious.

Pimple pls come back if you haven't already been hired by every hedge fund
>>
>>1547158
You keep going back to him not always being right. I never said he was always right but he was a majority of the time which you can't deny that.

You keep saying everyone loses money with taxes and commission and hold cost. First off you have to make money to lose from taxes which like I said a lot of people here don't make money.
Commission, everyone pays commission and everyone knows that so I don't see the point of mentioning it.
Holding costs, this would happen less if people where actually paid attention to market and didn't say "well I missed it might as well hold to positive."

You also refer to him as a coin flipper constantly. Do you have a strategy to picking stocks? Honestly do you because you act like having a strategy to picking stocks is unheard of. I really want to know if you have a strategy to picking stocks?
>>
>>1547173
You can't base everyone losing money just because they followed one persons suggestion and didn't put hardly any effort in actually trying to make money. Even if Pimple was not here they would still put all their eggs in one basket and lose money because they wont put any effort into in.
>>
>>1546580
>topology
>differential geometry

good bait
>>
>>1546553
BBC amounts.
>>
>>1547207
At least someone got it. Jimmies got rustled the fuck up in this thread.
>>
>>1546553
OP, you just use gut feeling, you don't need math, news, anything, just by looking at the graphs you can determine the confidence level that people have in a stock price, if you see the average price for the year was 36 dollars, and that last month the stock fell to 35 dollars, and the last two weeks the stock has be stagnating in its decline, then you can infer that opportunists will believe the price has hit the low point and will rise again.

Look at Macy's and Jcpenney's stock for a good example of using intuition to determine where the price will be, bothe are on the up and up
>>
>>1546580
tell me anything about BSM, GXY and XPE and about bright future for this graphit / lithium / future
>protip: just before you buy it and become baller
>>
>>1546553
Have a PhD in math, physics and computer science from top universities and you might have a shot.
>>
>>1546553
You don't need to know any math if you want to beat 80% of active funds.
>>
>>1546580
>tips katana
>>
>>1546731
underrated
>>
>>1546553
I'd say fundamental calculus to understand the concept of instantaneous rate of change and integration.
>>
>>1546783
have psychologists done case studies on you?
>>
File: ytd.png (214KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
ytd.png
214KB, 1440x2560px
>>1546553
>Find Stock
>Are they PROFITABLE!!!!
>Do they have positive cash flow
>How is their year over year
>If above buy dips
>If stagnant make sure they pay dividends
>if below can they recover

As a newbie this is my strategy and I'm currently +30% for the year with no math used.
Sure it isn't 30,000% wolf of meme street profits like pimple and others but money is money and the risks aren't as bad.
>>
You don't need to be a genius but these are the subjects you need to master.

Differientials (Specifically Partial)
Probability
Stochastic Calculus and Processes
Masters level coursework on Statistics
(Topics on Time-Series, Regression ,Multireg, Non-Parametric methods,etc)
Machine learning and Data mining
Numerical analysis
Knowing how to program and create algorithms.

Pretty much math that doesn't require as much rigorous proofs and complexity in comparison to a lot of other subjects.
>>
>>1546553
all of them.
>>
>>1546580
Post your current Portfolio with a time stamp faggot.
>>
>>1546553

when line facing down buy it when low on chart.
When line about to go up buy,'

Watch $nugt on monday. Line will be facing in the upward position.

China off holiday and ready to start buying off all the gold at a huge discount. Gold prices rise as demand increases.$nugt tied to gold price more the less.
>>
>>1546810

jnug and nugt wont see any action till monday. Tomorrow will be a dust day because fed will announce another rate hike that wont happen.
>>
>>1549427

let me clarify on this, early dust eod nugt.
>>
Listen to these words. NO ONE knows anything about anything on the stock market. From monkeys that can beat 2/3 of traders to people who have near death experiences, no one can predict the future of any stock.
>>
>>1546580
>curve fitting
Whoop-de-fucking do!
>>
File: minor key .jpg (157KB, 1242x1257px) Image search: [Google]
minor key .jpg
157KB, 1242x1257px
>>1546553
Unless you're doing quants, I would say little to none at all. In my experience, it's mostly just been a combination of critical thinking ("If there's a hurricane coming, I might as well short these REITs in the area the hurricane is hitting") and market timing.

I do a lot of stock sims/did a lot of stock sims in high school (freshman econ student in college now) and usually I use little to no math at all when making my investment decisions and I make a semi-decent return.
>>
Hierarchy of useful investing skills:

1. Critical thinking capacity
2. Reading comprehension
3. Basic arithmetic
>>
>>1546553
enough math to know if your profiting or losing.
Thread posts: 127
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.