[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Becoming a digital nomad

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 223
Thread images: 22

File: digital-nomad-lake-atitlan.jpg (259KB, 1500x1125px) Image search: [Google]
digital-nomad-lake-atitlan.jpg
259KB, 1500x1125px
I've decided I want to find a way to be location independent so that I can travel while working from my laptop.
What kind of success/income would I need to be able to justify traveling?
I most commonly hear that its easy to do on 50k USD per year but is it viable for anything less than that?

What methods could I look into for online income generation?
So far I know of freelancing, affiliate marketing, e-commerce, drop shipping,
publishing e-books, ads on blogs, ads on YouTube, online arbitrage, and making udemy-type courses.
Any other ideas you guys could help pitch in?

I plan on starting with affiliate marketing from Papa Anon's Money4Anon guide and then branching out into other ventures once I've got it down.

Which online model would be best suited to build up to 50k annually?
>inb4 get rich quick schemes
I'm cool with working for it, I just want it to be a reliable model.
I have about 1.5 years before graduating from uni and would like to build up to that point by graduation.
I've already started selling a lot of my stuff on Craigslist to come up with starting cash.
Currently have 1.5k and still have enough stuff to net me at least 1k more once it sells.
Also currently am a wage-slave so I will have periodic funds to add into it.

Anyone have experience with being a digital nomad?
Any cool /biz/ travel stories?
>>
>>1487604
>Anyone have experience with being a digital nomad?
Not yet (:

I think you've covered the basics of online income generation, saying them is pretty easy, actually putting them into practice is another thing entirely.

50k is a pretty lofty goal from purely online (passive?) income generation.
>>
>>1487604
>I plan on starting with affiliate marketing
kill yourself
>>
>>1487614
>50k is a pretty lofty goal from purely online (passive?) income generation.
I'd ideally like to build up a combination of the two.
I'm just starting with affiliate marketing since I liked the guide and to get my foot in door.
I don't see it as an end-all be-all solution for infinite passive NEET bux.

Pretty sure that e-commerce or freelancing are going to be the big dogs in active income generation.
>>
>>1487616
k
>>
>>1487604
Once you grow up and realize this passive bullshit is a meme, try getting into IT. As a contractor you can do a lot of work remotely and the pay is excellent.
>>
>>1487626
>Once you grow up and realize this passive bullshit is a meme
I've already said that.
>I don't see it as an end-all be-all solution for infinite passive NEET bux.
>>
>>1487604
The fact that you're in university, paying for an education, yet you aspire to set up some cheesy as fuck affiliate website to earn a living shows how fucking retarded and immature you are.

Explain why you're going to uni when it has no relevance to your 'career goal' - humour me

For a serious answer, it depends where you intend on travelling. You will run into roadblocks in some places where they don't allow short-term rentals - some agree to 4 months minimum but often put a premium on the price (i.e +$200 extra per month)

If you globe-hope frequently, you'll also struggle with transport if you don't have good public transport or similar

If by 'nomad' you mean going around USA or something, then to fund rental homes/apartments and a car and other expenses you might aim for about $2500-$3000pm as a conservative estimate. That's about what I pay, but I also have a wife and child and need to stay in locations with good schools which attracts a premium.
>>
>digital nomad here
>28
>60-90k/year, 90% passive
>software

Sup?
>>
>>1487639
>Explain why you're going to uni when it has no relevance to your 'career goal' - humour me
To be quite honest, my father projects his failed aspirations onto me.
I originally wanted to go into trades, but I'd be disowned if not a lawyer/engineer/doctor.
I'm miserable as an engineering student and would prefer to study just about anything else at this point.
But I make good grades and have a partial scholarship + good financial aid for it.
So its "financially sensible" for me to suck it up and deal with it. What's wrong with having a side hustle anyway?

>you'll also struggle with transport if you don't have good public transport
I'm from Texas so public transport is near non-existent. What should I read up on?

>I also have a wife and child
I'd like to plan on doing my initial traveling abroad and solo dolo. Do you know what a decent estimate for like backpacking in the UK single?

>>1487645
How did you get started in your endeavor?
Are you using the SAAS model for your software? Or is a one time purchase?
How many other income streams act as a buffer to that income range? Or is it all from software?
What do you do for your active portion of income?
How many hours do you have to work in order to maintain your set up?
What kind of gear do you take with you when you travel?
How long have you been location independent?
What major road blocks did you face in achieving this goal?
>>
>>1487604
Just write code. I did this for awhile and it was awesome. I'm about to do it again. :^)
>>
>>1487724
As a freelancer?
Or to create your own project?
What languages do you code in?
What languages would you recommend?
>>
>>1487645
How do you do it?
>>
>>1487616
Why? affiliate marketing is free money, you'd be retarded not to incorporate it into most things online somehow
>>
>>1487724

Why did you stop in the first place?
>>
>>1487690
I left for Europe and Canada as a single man with about $25,000 in the bank and came back 18 months later with about $15,000 - 2 months of that was free accommodation in France due to a friends dad owning a place, 4 months was renting through Craigslist for $400pm (couldn't fucking believe how cheap it was - all utilities and net included) and the rest was backpacker hostels and scrubby shit like that. I walked everywhere. If it was too far, I took a bus.

I only got stranded once and quite literally went to a local village pub and asked the bartender (who spoke broken English) who I met the night before if he could ask anyone if they were heading into a bigger town and they worked something out for me.

I'd suggest budgeting at least $2,000 so you're not forced to cut your trip short due to being broke - better over-prepared than under-prepared

I passed up a few good opportunities because I was too worried about running out of cash early on. Including 200 euro for a hot lap around Bologna in a Lamborghini with Valentino Balboni... but at least I met him... and Horacio Pagani...

Don't pass that up
>>
>>1487645
You basically have licensed out a software solution right? Is it just one piece of software or is your income made from sources?
Is there ongoing client liaison or support?
Do you have employees doing that shit for you?

How did you find your clients? How many businesses or induviduals licence from you?
>>
Alright, where's all my drop shipping boys at?
>that feel when found a wide open market for a great niche
>>
>>1488018
*multiple sources.
>>
>>1488025
what's ya niche lad, wont steal it (I will)
>>
>>1488035
think about what site we're on

think about what most of these nerds like

t h i n k
>>
>>1488043
ah I was chatting to you yesterday

I got an adwords campaign going for my site
>>
>>1488044
Ah kids clothes anon?
>>
>>1488043
dragon dildos?
>>
File: toats not a pedo.jpg (26KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
toats not a pedo.jpg
26KB, 300x300px
>>1488046
ye
>>
>>1488049
Oh ok. You should really look into fb ads. They work
>>
>>1488043
Ona holes?
>>
>>1488049
Chasing that momma and poppa dollar.
Smart.
>>
>>1488048
well boys I have a problem. I only have about $300 to use for drop shipping (to buy products, I got fees covered.)
Shopify payments takes 3 days for payments to be deposited. What am I supposed to do when I'm out of money? Just wait the 3 days to get my payments or hope to God they use PayPal and I just use that to make the orders?
gimme some of that financial wisdom biz
>>
>>1488098
Can you block shopify payments? I would do that.
>>
>>1488109
Yeah, you can. But I can only receive credit card payments with that.
People can't use PayPal to use their credit card, can they?
>>
>>1488113
yeah you can link paypal to a credit card

I didn't realize there was another way to even use paypal
>>
>>1488120
I'll just have to use PayPal for a while then. I hope I don't have too many sales turned away just because it's gonna be PayPal only for a while. But I'm assuming that most people who shop online use PayPal regardless, I hope
>>
>>1487604
Drop shipping for sure and you could live off much less than 50k usd depending. 50k sd a year in thailand is like playboy money - clubbing all the time , that sort of thing.

If you just want to play vidya you could do it for a tenth of that
>>
>>1487604
>>1487624
Where's the guide for affiliate marketing though? Never heard of it and I've been browsing the board since forever.
>>
>>1488203
http://money4anon.com/
>>
I'm a freelancer/digital nomad.

I do copywriting for clients and make ~$4000/month with a 20hr work week.

That leaves me with enough time to travel and have my laptop as a personal ATM that spits out money when I need it.

The main thing is having a valuable skill that will always bring you money no matter what shitty situation you're in.

If I'd be dropped into an unfamiliar city with nothing but a laptop and internet - I could get paid the same day and survive.

I post pretty frequently in threads like this so this might sound repetitive to some, but as always, I'm here to help anons who are in a place I was 4 years ago...

...frustrated from living off of my parents and never having any job, possessions or money to call my own.
>>
>>1488214
how did you get your client base and what kind of shit do you write?
>>
Anybody working here as freelance translators? Is it easy to make ends meet?
>>
>>1488214
How do you find gigs? Or more importantly, at first how did you find gigs?
Does most of your income come from repeat customers?
Do you need to keep marketing yourself or soliciting business?

Aside from having at least copacetic writing skills are there any other skills or areas of expertise that are a necessity?
>>
>>1487604
you can make bucks here try it on your own though i dont take responsibility faggot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTvwUfgSmBI
>>
>>1488297
meme
>>
>>1488098
>>1488134

Just change to a PayPal business account then you can accept card payments through it without the people using it having an account. Think it's called PayPal checkout or something along those lines. You can host it in-house, post (web) request to PayPal manually or have them run the checkout and link your users to it.

Have used it in the past, they take a small percentage of each payment though. Another alternative is Stripe payments, have used both with no hassle in UK although I'm not sure what it's like over in the states.
>>
File: 1464978309134.jpg (205KB, 1351x720px) Image search: [Google]
1464978309134.jpg
205KB, 1351x720px
>>1488219
>>1488265

When I first started back in the Elance/Odesk days I just underbid others and basically worked for pennies just to get testimonials.

Now that I'm here I probably wouldn't do it the same way.

Here's my 4-step plan on getting your first clients:

1. Read, watch and consume as much as you can about your niche. Take notes on everything and save them.

2. Find places where people from your niche gather (Facebook groups, forums)

3. Use your notes and consistently create valuable content (quick tip videos, posts) that doesn't promote you in any way. Focus on putting out value.

4. After some time people will start seeing you somewhat as a professional who knows their shit. People will engage with you in conversations and you only need to post that you're looking for a job. After that you will literally have to pick out of several proposals.

That's it, really.

Some people are not so extroverted and uploading videos of themselves and creating posts seems stupid.

I used to laugh at those guys who post motivational tips and shit every day. Then I saw they had 10k followers and crazy demand.

I have several long-term clients who pay me on a weekly basis and I also get 10% off of sales that happen thanks to my copy.

I'm still active and always looking for new clients and opportunities as I'm also building my own business and brand. Copywriting skills are invaluable when going solo.

Copywriting is salesmanship in print. Writing skills are second to selling/marketing skills.

Interesting fact: I wrote pic related.
>>
>>1488049
just make sure you dont make too much money otherwise disney will come for their share of the profits, which is all of the profits since they own the characters.
>>
I have a 100k+ sub youtube channel, making about 300 bucks a month, it's all the money I make since im a NEET with high school ed only

the source of traffic is not from US so im making way less that I could be making

I plan on somehow in the future trying to get US traffic into my videos

I also make some money with crypto

The problem is as soon as I start making more money im going to get raped by taxes

I live with parents but its still better than wagecucking and lossing hair over the stress of commuting
>>
>>1487626
im making money from videos I uploaded a year ago so lol at u
>>
>>1488355
People dont give a fuck about some guy posting on forums or in facebook groups. I dont really get your point and how you create a portfolio of work so people want you to write shit.
>>
>>1488404
also having to make videos showing your face/voice is cringe as fuck. Im lucky to make videos where I dont do any of that. Also putting your face picture on those freelance jobs next to payeets is so damn cringe.
>>
>>1488406
He makes $4k a month working 20 hours a week travelling...and you make $300 a month living with your parents, and you're calling him cringey?
>>
I'm op of >>1487645

>>1487821
iOS apps

>>1487690
iOS apps

In app ads + sales, I'm stationary right now in a tropical climate in the US.
>>
>>1488404
>>1488406

You're not my target audience.

I put out the videos/posts that give value and spark conversations. I'm always visible and active in the community.

If a potential client (someone who has a business) happens to need good copy and happens to be part of the same community, guess what?

I'm the first guy he thinks about.

I'm one whole step ahead of anyone else he might contact. That's the whole purpose of this.

If you're the first guy someone thinks about when hiring - you got the job 9 times out of 10.

As for the cringe, yeah I used to think that way too.
Everyone had cringe content when they started, but doing it consistently is what allowed them to grow.

Check the first vids of every Youtuber and see how far they've come from being consistent.

If you find something that works for you by being incognito - that's great.

I'm taking the path of full exposure and I'm fine with my face and personality being behind my product.
>>
>>1488412
yes, putting your voice and image into what you are doing feels cringe as fuck to me

also I still fail to see why anyone would pay you shit just because you post in some forums
>>
>>1487604
I posted here about doing mobile adult affiliate marketing but it seemed no one was interested. Currently pulling in ~$300-$400 profit daily from just that.
>>
>>1488449
My first video has more than a million views

i upload unfrequently because my videos take more time to create than just sitting there and talking some bullshit, unfortunately

>I'm taking the path of full exposure and I'm fine with my face and personality being behind my product.

i can't do that, its too cringe to talk while your mom is hearing what you say, maybe if I lived alone

but anyway I have a problem using my image to sell shit, its like a nightmare, like an out of body experience, like a become a breathing meme to sell a product, no longer human
>>
>>1488458

Paid traffic? Or what's the model?
>>
>>1488449
>If a potential client (someone who has a business) happens to need good copy and happens to be part of the same community, guess what?
what do you mean by "community"

you post in forums and facebook all the time with your website on your signature or something like that?

why not tell the niche you are at? who cares

i just fail to see how this does get started and you get fame

in my case i got fame because i used keywords that were searched a lot and did quality content for it, and the audience is massive

but in a more niche and small audience i dont know how i would do it, i dont even know how to set a website
>>
>>1488470

90% of people doing copy writing online are in the make money online niche and/or weight loss.
>>
>>1488473
yeah, thats the ones I was thinking about... i mean what else it can be? it starts getting really niche-ish and small audience outside of those
>>
>>1487604
Well, I do 24.000€ on the side with only search engine Evaluation shit (appen, leapforce, lionbridge, isoftstone) but I still go to University.
I should just travel and do that shit lol
>>
File: 1470851804971.png (3MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1470851804971.png
3MB, 2560x1600px
>>1488461
>>1488470

I'm never talking about bullshit, I read extensively, do research and create short summaries of valuable things.
That mainly covers persuasion tactics, story-telling, buyer psychology, etc.

By community I mean the Facebook group community, or forum community (e.g. "The Cult of Copy" close to 20k members).

The thing I perhaps failed to mention (which is obvious) is that when you actually do get a job you have to overdeliver and do a good fuckin' job.

If you feel you won't be able to do that, instead of posting that you're looking to get paid, say you're looking for a mentor to show you how things work on the inside.

The first two steps stay the same.

Also, I can write in several different niches. Those would be music, self-help, dating, men's health, make-money-online.
>>
>>1488463
That's correct, display and ppv ads
>>
>>1488498

Any tips or links to your last thread? Very interested. Tried breaking into paid traffic a number of times but never had success.
>>
>>1488505
Basically get a tracker like voluum or thrive, signup to a few affiliate networks, signup to a popup ad network like popads.net and just start promoting direct link offers. Optimise them based on what's giving conversions and go from there. After pops move on to display. Also check out forums like affiliatefix and stackthatmoney
>>
>>1488508

What's good for display? I have cpvlab still, should be fine I think. Do you do all dl? Or use landers?
>>
>>1488355
That's a surprisingly straightforward strategy.
I've actually been thinking very seriously about doing this, but I'm not sure which niche to choose. (Do I pick something related to my dream career, or something which is more of a cashcow...?)

>I used to laugh at those guys who post motivational tips and shit every day. Then I saw they had 10k followers and crazy demand.
Am even been considering BECOMING one of those guys.

This is basically a "personal branding" exercise yeah?
Be seen as an expert in your field by writing with authority, get paid to write about it. That is more or less what you're saying?

Any concepts or books you recommend I get familiar with?
I mean writing is writing, and I think I'm very adaptable to different styles of writing -- but is there anything specific to copy and copywriting you recommend?

Or even examples of great copy?
>>
>>1488458
If you don't mind my asking, what's your platform? Like what's your first point of engagement?
>>
File: beach-holiday-vacation-arm.jpg (38KB, 640x428px) Image search: [Google]
beach-holiday-vacation-arm.jpg
38KB, 640x428px
>>1488525

This guy gets it.

Personal branding would be the tag I'd put on this strategy.

The first thing you should do is give yourself a basic education in valid advertising principles. To begin with, read everything listed below:

"Brilliance Breakthrough"
-by Eugene M. Schwartz

"Scientific Advertising"
-by Claude Hopkins

"The Robert Collier Letter Book"
-by Robert Collier

"Tested Advertising Methods"
-by John Caples

"How To Write A Good Advertisement"
-by Vic Schwab

"The Gary Halbert Letter" (all back issues)
-by Gary Halbert

"The Boron Letters"
-by Gary Halbert

"The Lazy Man's Way to Riches"
-by Joe Karbo

"Break-Through Advertising"
-by Eugene M. Schwartz

"7-Steps To Freedom"
-by Ben Suarez

Just listen to audio books of these on 1.5x speed following the text and stop to take notes where it gets interesting.

You'll find plenty examples in these books. You'll also find good stuff on Swiped.co but first I'd suggest reading the books so you know what you're looking at.
>>
File: Ringo.jpg (372KB, 1920x1808px) Image search: [Google]
Ringo.jpg
372KB, 1920x1808px
>>1488533
Fucking Sweet!
Thanks anon.
>>
>>1487604

Get into photography. You can make some pretty good money off selling images online via image banks like Shutter Stock and iStockPhotos. Put up enough and you can easily live off the income.
>>
>can get people to click FB ads
>can't get them to convert into sales
Is the product's lander just shit or am I doing this wrong.
When I tried a lead page for my email list I got a few people to sign up to that. Zero people are interested in buying the product though.
>>
>>1488584
What's the product?
>>
>>1487604
>papa anon's money4anon
Link?
>>
>>1488025
Here.
>>
>>1488587
Some racing sim. I'm thinking the audience is just adverse to the average sales page. I was getting around 5-12% ctr on the FB ads.
Might try my luck in skincare/diet instead. Women and mobile users seem like the greatest goys
>>
>go to top 5 law school
>get summer associate job with large firm
>commute hour every day, hate job because they stuck me with shitty practice area
>partners never there
>senior associates never there
>don't get offered permanent because I asked to be transferred to the practice area I was hired to go into

All my class mates are trying to be wagecucks for 180k to fuel their drug habits that will allow them to work the 70 hour weeks. They will all be fired in 2 years anyway

Any ideas to find a niche where I won't slave my life away?

I am thinking of taking every tax class my last year and moving to a tropical or European tax haven. Have international experience
>>
>>1488606

Skincare and diet is hard as fuck to get ads/landers approved iirc
>>
>>1488612
>doesnt get the job he tried so hard for
>"I didn't want it anyway!"
>>
>>1487690
I'm in my third year of law school and I'm miserable.
I would give up everything for a passive income like the one you're chasing, just to be able to freely roam wherever I please

but the most interesting thing is not being accountable to anyone else. Feel like calling someone on their bullshit ? you can freely do it without feering any repercussions that might permanently fuck your career up.
>>
File: 1463101120258.gif (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1463101120258.gif
3MB, 480x270px
>>1488628

someone either can't afford my legal fees or is pissed off he has to pay them

but biglaw life sucks
https://thepeoplestherapist.com/2011/04/13/not-worth-it/
>>
>>1488619
I didn't mean using those through facebook. I know they are near impossible to approve. I meant testing out how they do on mobile ad networks.

Side note: The best engagment I've ever had on FB was with weebs. Too bad there isn't tons of sites to shill them to
>>
>>1488612
You are lying like a motherfucker or are way too depressive to be a lawyer full time, you will break the first time you need to represent a guilty man and get him to go free.

If you aren't lying you need to check your head and stop being a bitch, you have a legitimate chance to be someone rich and powerful still. You need to keep yourself talking to big 4 law firms, informational interviews, market yourself, sell yourself, you might at least get into a boutique firm of 20 lawyers and if you can succeed there you could be awesome.

70 hours a week sounds bad but look - you could be a unemployed debt ridden son of a bitch and your friends will all be pulling 100k+ and driving in badass cars and you'll be flipping burgers after getting beaten half to death by your insane father for "dropping out and seeing the worrrrrlddd maaaaaaan"

Sorry, I guess I am just pissed because I am unemployed myself for 1.5 years now and do a lot of career research and know how much debt law students get into and how much money/prestige a Top 5 law school gives a person, don't want to see you go hippie and ruin your life.
>>
>>1488642
> you will break the first time you need to represent a guilty man and get him to go free.
do you honestly believe that the people working biglaw pulling 180k+ on their first year will ever see a judge, yet alone a court room ?
you're literally a scribe for the first 2 years , reviewing paperwork and slaving away for partners who get all the credit
>>
>>1488642

The firm did not represent guilty people, just corporations. It marketed itself as a full service law firm that did IPOs and securities work. They were pushing me into litigation, and I wanted transactional work.

Did good work, have several references but 3L hiring sucks. Applying for judicial clerkships and shit

>>1488646
Yep, trash work and then they fire you after year 2 to get another law student that costs them $40k less a year

At least I have the resume line now
>>
>>1488656
how do you plan on going into "international" tax law ?
it's something that has always interested me but I'm unsure about the path to get me there. Tbh it seems like you need connections in those tax heavens (Liechtenstein, Panama, BVI, etc.) otherwise I dont see how you can break through
not to mention there are some big players out there (Wolters Kluwer ...)
>>
>>1488494
I still don't get one builds a portfolio talking about a variety of thing while not being an expert in any of them.

Do clients browse those forums? Everytime I visited forums like blackhatworld, warrior etc, it's just a bunch of payeets and randoms trying to sell their shitty premium crap into each other.
>>
Language skills and US tax experience.

Most people that have the experience are married and can't pick up and move or speak another language
>>
>>1487998
sweet thanks for the info

>>1488025
not one yet, but I plan to dabble in that next

>>1488589 see >>1488209
>http://money4anon.com/

>>1488245
bump for interest

>>1488297
is this the new yellow gloves shit?
didn't we already tell you to stop scamming /biz/?

>>1488418
nice, what languages did you need to know to get started in this?

>>1488458
I'm interested, how do you do it anon?

>>1488485
Can you explain what that is?

>>1488355
>>1488533
Sweet, excellent info anon.
What made you decide on copy writing?

>>1488634
I feel your pain anon
>I would give up everything for a passive income like the one you're chasing
Why don't you start by doing it on the side like I am?
Maybe we could collab one day.
>>
>>1488740
>US tax experience
Can you expand on that in terms of a nomad like OP is talking about?

Are you recommending it for US citizens looking for tax advice out-of-country, non-residents looking for US tax advice, or just generally giving tax advice online/mobile?
>>
>>1488945

non-residents looking for US tax advice. Or US companies operating outside the country who want to re-patriot profits

Gov agencies, law firms, accounting experience would be transferable to inr tax
>>
>>1488940

I don't code. I hire devs to do the hard work. I just come up with ideas.
>>
>>1488583

Stock photos were overcrowded in 2012 already. Everything has a photo of it there already, in 100+ versions and higher quality than your camera can do.
>>
>>1489011
> he's the money and ideas guy

I'm honestly jelly. You don't really do anything and yet make all the profit.
>>
>>1487690

Depressed engineering student

>>1488634

Depressed law student

I guess I'll complete the trifecta, I'm in my fourth year of medical school and I feel like putting a gun in my mouth for ever having chosen this shit
>>
>>1489137
You've got to be kidding - you'll be printing money within 2 years

Don't bother specialise - just be a Dr in some family practice and get your $200k + bonus per year
>>
>>1489164
Wait until you make money and realize it isn't the only thing.
>>
>>1489011
What kind of bankroll do you need in order to start doing this?
Sounds like an interesting thing to branch into down the road.

>>1489055
>I'm honestly jelly.
Me too.

>>1489137
>I guess I'll complete the trifecta
I'm sorry, but I couldn't help but laugh when I read this.
At least now I know that listening to the other options my old man gave me would've been just as soul crushing.
I couldn't imagine working with blood either. I shudder just thinking about it (I don't like blood).
Thankfully becoming an engineer doesn't require grad school.
>>
>>1489177
Huh? I own my $400,000 home and earn $100k annually working from home, I don't need some 13 year old telling me to "wait until..."

A doctor can literally sit at a desk all day, talk to people, write a prescription and earn 2x what I do with 1/2 the effort, and I do quite literally fuck all as it is. They have it made
>>
>>1489266
So I guess you've both been a doctor and been in that guys shoes then to tell him that just because he'll make $200k+ he'll be happy.
>>
>>1488335
Sounds good. I'll look into it.

Do I need any kind of license to dropship? I'm running a sole proprietor business, so I'm not sure. Google just leads me in legal loop holes and information I cannot comprehend at all
>>
>>1489137
i feel your pain anon

at least you engineers and doctors have a higher chance to find a job than me
the legal market is so saturated each day that passes by makes me regret a little bit not having chosen a different path (was supposed to do aero engineering but changed my mind at the last minute)

>>1488940
I have already started, I'm somewhat confident that I found a niche that could be profitable.
It also helps that I speak 3 languages, so my idea is to find niches that are saturated in English but not in the other 2 languages. so far it's going well and each day that passes by I educate myself a little bit more on SEO and online marketing.

maybe one day , anon , we will wake up whenever we feel like waking up just to check our account balance and collect our shekels
that would be the life
>>
>>1489301
>(was supposed to do aero engineering but changed my mind at the last minute)
I have a bunch of friends that did aerospace engineering and they say what you say wishing they hadn't done it and it would be easier in civil or whatever it's called. Grass is always greener etc.
>>
>>1489316
I'm in one of the top3 cities in the world for aero so I don't think this would have been an issue if oyu're talking about job prospects

in term of difficulty, yeah i've heard that aero is amongst the toughest engineering disciplines
>>
>>1489316
and btw it's not civil but mechanical
>>
>>1489296
No
>>
>>1489322
I dunno they're in Toronto/Montreal so they've got Bombardier and Bell here, as well as a few landing gear companies and stuff. One of them went to Seattle for Boeing and is now somewhere in Florida doing some space shit, but the rest of them are pretty miserable working for Bombardier and companies like that because the general atmosphere and job security just sucks from what I hear.

Pretty common in aviation in general though.
>>
>>1489358
yeah im in MTL too , I know very well what you're talking about

However if you're from the top aero program
(aerospace engineering at Polytechnique Montréal) you're almost guarenteed a top tier job because they only take 60 students a year and it's extremely hard to get in (they take the 60 highest cote R appliants)
>>
>>1489242

I got started with just a few hundred actually, that was 4 years ago or so. You only need a thousand or so, as long as your ideas are good.
>>
>>1489266

What do you do ?
>>
>>1489270
I guess not. You're doing a fine enough job telling him he should hate his life. Raging faggot.
>>
>>1488508
What products do you advertise?
>>
>>1488393
Any tips about Youtube? What is your channel about?
>>
>>1489394
Where do you let them develop for a thousand? In India or by a student? Used to work in a dev company and they charge nothing under 20k for one app.
What kind of apps?
>>
>>1488043
Porn
>>
>>1488412
top kek
>>
>>1489768
I'm a dev (12 years exp) and i'll tell you 100% that for the right scope i'll crank out an app for $1k.

The problem is complexity - those agencies quoting you $20k have 4 of me working on it plus UI/UX/design guys, and they're expecting something wildly complicated (which, to their credit, they're probably right - IDEA GUYS have no idea whats easy and what isn't)
>>
>>1489301
>I have already started
Oh cool, what method are you doing?
Affiliate/Internet marketing?
>so my idea is to find niches that are saturated in English but not in the other 2 languages
That's pretty neat. I may need to brush up on my French again if it proves profitable.

>>1489394
Do you mind sharing your idea validation process?
Like what criteria need to be met for an idea to be good in your eyes?

>>1489958
What languages did you learn to get started in this?
>>
File: malemodelsmc.jpg (104KB, 528x396px) Image search: [Google]
malemodelsmc.jpg
104KB, 528x396px
>>1489137
Meanwhile, Chad gets top tier pussy while working in McDonalds after spending all the time in high school fucking goddesses and is happier than you will ever be.
>>
>>1490678
I legitimately think about this shit way too much. I'm 40, happily married, kid, degree, professional, >700K net worth, but seriously, I think back to when I was a line cook in a trendy restaurant, and all the front house staff was young, top-shelf pussy. Going for drinks, getting high, and banging front-house staff. 5 or 6 different flavors of pussy a year, sleep till noon, work the 2-10pm shift, get off work with those stressed out sluts needing to blow off a little steam. Goddamn it, I would fucking go work at TGIFriday's right now if I wasn't obviously a grey-beard
>>
>>1490678
>>1490693
>>>/r9k/
>>
File: jbtitss30.jpg (493KB, 2458x3277px) Image search: [Google]
jbtitss30.jpg
493KB, 2458x3277px
>>1490693
That's shit. It's all about fucking 15-16 yo top tier high school goddesses as a young HS Chad that doesn't even need to work yet since his parents pay for everything. Carefree sex with prime aged goddesses as a top tier specimen during your development years or death.
>>
>>1487604
>currently have 1.5k
dude I leave that in my shoe overnight
>>
>>1490776
Okay.
>>
>>1490678
>>1490693
Yeah, you watch porn, fap, then get over it. You wouldn't want to spend more than the time it takes to cum with those girls.

>32, married dad & former school teacher

Teen girls were awesome when you were a teen boy. They're really, really, really not awesome when you're not a teen boy. It's like you haven't interacted with one since you were 15.
>>
>>1489768

I make very simple apps that provide great value. I would never pay more than $3000 for an app. My most successful app cost me $400 to make the first version.

>>1489958

This.

>>1490067

Sure when I get on my laptop. I'm on mobile now.
>>
File: 14yearoldgoddess.jpg (100KB, 427x640px) Image search: [Google]
14yearoldgoddess.jpg
100KB, 427x640px
>>1491176
>implying you ever fucked teen hotties
>>
>>1490067
im the law student anon,

>Oh cool, what method are you doing?

Standard affiliate marketing, but with an emphasis on growing my various social media platforms in order to build an advertising network

>That's pretty neat. I may need to brush up on my French again if it proves profitable.

French is infinitely harder to learn than english, especially in written form. That's why im confident my project will eventually work if I keep pumping out quality content
atm i'm still reading 6-8 hours a day to educate myself while growing my SM network, but I will be starting writing very soon

It's actually surprising how much motivation I have for this .
I find myself waking up early in the morning with the drive of working towards realizing my project, which is something I've never felt in my life.
>>
I have a full-time job and a pregnant girlfriend. I freelance as a web developer in an awesome niche, and also do content production and online marketing management.

I just recently got to the point where my freelancing could provide enough income for me to travel the world, but I fucked that up by getting my girlfriend pregnant.

>Learned HTML/CSS
>Took low paying gigs to make sure I could get paid for this
>Learned jQuery
>Learned PHP
>Learned AngularJS
>Learned WordPress, Shopify, WooCommerce
>Charge $60 per hour and actually get clients, make about $2K per month

I generally get invites from employers, but I also spend an additional 2-5 hours per week just applying for new gigs, and I'm not paid for that time. Plus every month I spend a good 2 hours reconciling my accounting.
>>
I am >>1487645 >>1488418 >>1491263

I don't know why my ID changed so many fucking times, was on mobile the whole time.

Anyway, >>1490067

>Do you mind sharing your idea validation process? Like what criteria need to be met for an idea to be good in your eyes?

NO:
- games
- saturated/lots of competition for category and/or keywords
- implication of app being entirely "free" to use (basically avoid any type of app that would attract people who don't spend money)

YES:
- can I limit functionality to 1-3 screens to keep cost down and make 1st version simple/cheap to test market?
- are there opportunities to monetize the users further than just in app ads or purchases (lead generation, etc.)
- what does my gut feel about this?

These days I base 99% of my decisions on my gut feeling of whether or not something would work, desu.
>>
>>1491317
>implication of app being entirely "free" to use
Does this include the "free-mium" model?
>>
online marketer reporting in

the answer to your question(s) depends on the type of lifestyle you want to live while doing this. if you're interested in footing it everywhere and basically camping out across the world then you need very little.

but before we get to that point - you're asking "how to make money online" like everyone else always does on this forum.

Before you even consider trying to do this you will need to have your finance generation in order. with that said "online marketing" in all fields is not something you just walk into and start making a full time salary on. it is NOT get rich quick bullshit. you will need to devote time, effort, and finances into your operations in order to learn and build up.

Once you've gotten the hang of it and can generate enough funds regularly, then you can work on bringing this dream to fruition.
>>
>>1491309
dude, get a job in house somewhere. Freelance on the side.
>>
>>1491752
to expand further:

asking "what method is the best earner" is a noobie question asked by idiots that dont understand things yet (sorry)

what works for me does not work for you, what works for you inevitably wouldn't work for me more than likely. "Online marketing" is a blanket term that covers literally thousands if not millions of methods to generate income digitally.

Though there are only a handful of "styles" of online marketing (for example, "selling phsical products online" covers amazon, craigslist, ebayers, and people selling via their own websites), there is an infinant amount of specific methods therein, and people are constantly figuring out new ways to attack any single style.

We IMers work hard reading, learning, and creating methods that work for us. Everyone has their own methods and details that they have refined through trial and error, and no one is going to hand you thier proven functional method on a silver platter.

With that said, every "style" is highly profitable when done right, it's up to you as an individual to discover what styles best suit you and learn it enough to the point that you start creating your own methods and piecing the puzzle together.

obviously, the only rule you need to adhere to when chosing methods is "no physical products" since you'll be traveling.
>>
>>1491752
>the answer to your question(s) depends on the type of lifestyle you want to live
True. I haven't even thought about this to be honest. But I still don't entirely know what a nomadic life entails of.
Do you travel with your work? If so, care to share what its like?

>you're asking "how to make money online" like everyone else always does on this forum.
I listed several of the ones that I found. I was looking for validation.
What's wrong with asking experience from people that have done it before?
At least I'm not one of those "How to get $1 million by the end of the week. I only have $2 to start."
This goal is significantly more realistic.

>"online marketing" in all fields is not something you just walk into and start making a full time salary on.
I already addressed this here >>1487624
I plan on starting on Affiliate marketing just to try it out (and Papa Anons guide only has a $15 upfront cost to get started, so its low risk)
then hopefully move on to drop shipping, e-commerce, or freelancing afterwards

>>1491763
>asking "what method is the best earner"
When did I say that?
I said:
>Which online model would be best suited to BUILD UP to 50k annually?
Read: Which online model would be best suited to SCALE?
>inb4 "scale = earnings"

>We IMers work hard reading, learning, and creating methods that work for us
Any recommended reading?

>no one is going to hand you their proven functional method on a silver platter
I never asked them to. (When will this meme die?)

>the only rule you need to adhere to when choosing methods is "no physical products" since you'll be traveling.
Why not? Couldn't I still do drop shipping or an e-commerce platform where I rely on a third-party fulfillment center?

Also, thanks for your insights :)
>>
Anyone here try passing off half assed WordPress sites at a markup?
I found a video of this guy that makes it seem like a simple first gig for beginning freelancing with minimal skills.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z10zTztuVpQ

Is this a legit method?
>>
>>1491846
>Is this a legit method?
Yeah it's pretty much what Pajeets do

I'm a "web designer", for static sites I use software which handles all the markup (too much fucking around with wordpress to get every autistic detail right)
>>
I sell shirts passively on Amazon all I do is design upload and beat my meat best month 5k
>>
>>1492024
How does this work, and how long have you been doing this
Also, how much did you make starting out
>>
>>1491812
>What's wrong with asking experience from people that have done it before?

I didn't mean that as an insult, the point was this is essentially the same question asked daily, ie "how can i make money online", only with a slight spin to the dream result.

>Read: Which online model would be best suited to SCALE?
it's the same question. Every method can be scaled into a full fledged income operation, like i said earlier it just depends on your specific take on the style.

>Any recommended reading?
My personal suggestion would be to browse through various SEO forums (I recommend blackhatworld) to get your mental feet wet. Spend a month or two reading the various types of internet marketing (affiliate sales, CPC, CPA, CPI, adsense, ebaying, website flipping, etc etc. the list goes on) and seeing what information people exchange about their specific ventures. though any step by step guides or information given in discussion is not goign to be your golden goose as no one is going to reveal their big money earners. People will reveal the minimum required to get the answers theyre looking for in a discussion, and/or will share minor methods that can make money but arent "super secret golden goose" in order to give back to the community. much like what im doign right now with you. After a month or two of reading and absorbing various bits of information, you should have a fairly coherent idea of how things work and have a rough outline of how youd like to tackle the venture. at that point start drafting up a plan of attack (literally write it out) and begin implimenting the first steps.

This is the key point - ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING. most Imers fail before they even start becuase they get trapped reading and never just say "Fuck it lets see what happens". people are scared to fail. you WILL fail. imers become "good" because they fail until they succeed.

cont
>>
>>1491812
cant i dropship?

going to regurgitate advice i've given over n over in /biz/ since i started coming here a few months ago:

1. for anyone just starting out, i would recommend to NEVER outsource a single step in your business. This allows you to fully grasp and comprehend the logistics for every piece of the puzzle, and thus you will never be stuck under someones thumb. A key element to controling a business long term is being able to bend and adjust as times change. No company will open today and run in the exact same way 5 years from now, that's just not how it works. SOMETHING changes.

2. most newbie imers get lured into these chinese "buy wholesale we'll even ship it to your customers" dropshipping services and get fucked. these companies WILL get you banned. experienced imers A. know better and dont deal with them, or B. use burner accounts that they know will get banned due to shitty service, late shipments, lost/damaged/wrong orders, etc. i highly recommend you do NOT use any type of chinese wholesell dropshipping service.

3. the only dropshipping service i would recommend you DO use, would be US based (if youre in the US that is) companies that specialize in and ONLY do dropshipping. A true logistics company with a good reputation.
>>
>>1492024
How long did it take to get Amazon Merch account approved?

>>1492178
>I recommend blackhatworld
I love it, with the same bittersweet love I have for /biz/.
Found that site about a month ago and started to get better filtering out the shit threads.

>>1492189
Thanks for going into this much detail man. I really appreciate it.
I wish more of /biz/ was like this.
>>
>>1488511
Soz for late response.
Yes CPVLabs works fine, I have a few friends using that. I personally use Thrive as I like using my own servers and not having to rely on other people keeping up with server maintenance, etc. I've heard that Voluum is the best but it's not self-hosted which is why I chose Thrive.

>>1489720
Anything and everything basically. I focus mainly on SOI Adult Mobile ads (Single Opt-in meaning as soon as they register, I get paid) though.
>>
>>1492218
>blackhatworld
if you learned about it in /biz/ it was probably from me. I've been visiting for a month or two now and sharing my various IM knowledge. I try to peek in at least once a week and share some knowledge
>>
>>1492177
Search up thespacehead Merch by amazon. I answer that in those vids. Just try not to troll me, I'm a very sensitive young man with brittle emotions and I just don't think I could take it.
>>
>>1492286
no troll here friend. thanks for replying
>>
>>1492218
how do you love blackhatworld? is just ethnics selling clicks and fake accounts into each other.
>>
>>1492286
how to do you get the traffic to begin with?

i have a 150k sub youtuber channel but most of the audience is mexican/spanish/argentina etc kids so I doubt a single one is going to buy shit

i once put a g2a affiliate link on the youtube channel and no one ever bought shit
>>
How do you marketingfags write about shit you don't even care about?

I tried my hand at this last year, writing articles as a freelancer for low rates, but it was just miserable. Pretending to care about something and trying to convince others to care about it felt doubly fake and uncomfortable.

I have a decent job now, but I always wonder if I pursued this if I'd have gotten over the feeling of shame and general grossness I got from pushing something I don't even care about. I kind of feel like I just had the wrong mindset (I was depressed).

It goes beyond the moral aspect though, I find it legitimately hard to spend time on things I don't give a shit about. Marketing, the theories behind it, and the money all sound fun and rewarding, but researching baby bottles for a week and A/B testing two different essays on the benefits of Artisanal Tibetan Rubber Nipples just feels phony and gross. Hard to put enthusiasm and quality into that part. Do you actually enjoy it?
>>
>>1492286
Are you in the UK? I don't get any results on American Amazon.
>>
>>1492218
>How long did it take to get Amazon Merch account approved?
he says in his vids 2 month
not excited for that wait but just make some shirt designs in the mean time
>>
>>1492504
Oh you mean on Youtube. I misunderstood.

I can't stand the combination of your modified voice + saying "merch".
>>
>>1492522
answer pls

how do you get the traffic to reach your t-shirts?

is my 150k sub channel useless since its just hispanic kids with no money? shit
>>
>>1492502
Yeah having to research stuff you dont care is insane. In my channel i got some success because it felt it was fun to do for a while, now im tired of having to do videos even tho i upload like once in a month to not make the channel seem dead.
>>
>>1492538
i have no idea since i haven't done it but i'd assume you could just shill, your shirt might also be found by people exploring amazon shirts as well
>>
>>1492542
i thought u was the vids guy
>>
>>1492551
nope check my id
>>
>>1492477
I don't, all I do is just basic SEO and Amazon does the rest for me. Everyone goes to Amazon with the intent to buy shit so I just upload designs and let the snowball take effect.
>>
>>1492538
Is your audience in the US? You can go look for affiliates that are associated with your content and advertise it on your vids braj
>>
Digital nomading is my eventual goal. I want to set off in 5-6 years. I wish I could earlier but it may not be possible.

>look at what jobs can be done remotely with my education
>getting into that career path
>most say they need 5 years experience in actual coming into an office before you can go remote
>plan to work 5 years fulltime to get that, and also pay off my student loans and build some cushion money
>then want to sell all my shit and just go
>already have a suitable backpack and have tested it for a 10 day trip (40L)
>know what gear I need and don't, can get the pack to around 30 lbs or less
>confident I can do this
>just wish I could reduce that to like 2-3 years

My question, /biz/. Residency is one part of whether a given nation's government can charge you tax, most you need to reside there 3 months of the year (some need 6 months) before they charge you tax. So here is my question. If I earn through online work from a US company and am a US citizen, but spend only 2 months in each country I go to before I move on (thus not triggering residency), can I pay zero income tax? I know the US charges a global income tax but the code also says if you spend less than 3 months in the US you don't meet the residency requirement.

Another thing is I'm a pretty decent drawfag and could probably get commissions, maybe make $20 a day like that. But I'd have to haul extra gear with me (small drawing tablet, paper, notebooks, pens/pencils.) Maybe an extra 5 lbs. Not sure if it would be worth it. I also writefag which doesn't require extra gear, but novels are pretty oversaturated so sales would be difficult. Does /biz/ think multiple income sources are better even if none are passive?

>>1487639
>I spend like a retard, therefore everyone must

Get fucked, loser.
>>
>>1488214
>4000 a month

Long way to go before you become Arkad
>>
I spent a while in a cheap country while working online and I guess what I experienced is what you would call a digital nomad lifestyle.

I concluded a few things:

1. It's possible, but only practical if you get your cost of living down enough and your income up enough, which basically means travelling and living in 3rd world shit-holes on someones sofa or hostels and eating like a dog most of the time.

2. There are no jobs where this lifestyle is an advantage, you're always going to be making less than you could be if you were living securely and cheaply.

3. If you're young, live in a shitty country or area, don't mind working like a dog and are very intelligent it's feasible but still probably not the best option. In all other circumstances it's a magical fantasy that people with no world and job experience like to think about.
>>
File: 1209953314831.jpg (285KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
1209953314831.jpg
285KB, 1280x853px
To add to above, I simply coded websites and backends for a living, but some practical and feasible real world examples that I know of or have experienced include:

>Digital photography-
A common tactic is to take photos on commission, usually touristy areas with lots of travelling. You need to spend a lot on your gear and to secure your gear but the money is there if you're high up in the field.

>Holiday review-
Do review & analysis for travel companies, tourist boards etc, travel on commission.

Freelance jobs are too competitive and have way too low margins for them to be practical with this lifestyle but there are one or two digital streams you can make enough money from while travelling.
>>
>>1492982
>>Holiday review-
>Do review & analysis for travel companies, tourist boards etc, travel on commission.

This is a thing that is paid? If I got hired for that I would drop everything and go for it.
>>
>>1492464
>how do you love blackhatworld? is just ethnics selling clicks and fake accounts into each other.
I'll answer this with a question of my own.
How do you tolerate browsing /biz/? Its just NEETs selling meme-coins and knee pads to each other.

Seriously though, free info is free info.
Some of the tutorials there are pretty solid.

>>1492522
Thanks for the heads up. Just signed up.

>>1493199
Interested in this too.
>>
I think you could do some sort of a translation gig, or freelancing, depending on the languages you know and your level.
>>
>>1487604

In 2012 I took my laptop on the road and went travelling through SE Asia while making enough $ to travel

Ask me anything intelligent, mai neega
>>
>>1493733
What did you work on?
Would you mind breaking down travel expenses for the area you were in?
What do you feel is the most difficult thing about working while traveling?
Are co-working spaces in SEA decent?
>>
>>1493772

>What did you work on?
Started a business selling video games on ebay in 2009, got the stock into a 3pl (3rd party logistics) facility in 2012 and ran it from overseas for 6 months

>Would you mind breaking down travel expenses for the area you were in?
SE Asia is overall very cheap. Some countries are cheaper than others but the cheaper you go the worse the internet will be. I was staying in decent hotels/guest houses and eating "street food" (which is better than it sounds), going out drinking a couple of nights a week and paying about $100USD a week

>What do you feel is the most difficult thing about working while traveling?
Broadband isn't as fast or stable as I was used to (not a big issue)
If you want to go "off the grid" (e.g. go on a motorcycle tour or something) then your income stops
>Are co-working spaces in SEA decent?
I didn't really use any co-working spaces, just the free wifi in my hotel/guesthouse/hostel
I guess you could look up some places like Cyberjaya in Malaysia if you were keen
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberjaya
>>
>>1493831
>paying about $100USD a week
Whoa, was that for all of your expenses put together?

>If you want to go "off the grid" then your income stops
That's a bummer. Did it make you feel restricted while traveling?
Or did you just say fuck it and go anyway?
>>
>>1493840
>Whoa, was that for all of your expenses put together?

Not including bus/plane tickets, and I think it would have gone up by now especially in Thailand which is becoming more touristy

>That's a bummer. Did it make you feel restricted while traveling?
>Or did you just say fuck it and go anyway?

Mostly stayed around urban areas, I can go on a 3 week outdoors tranny skydiving tour or whatever next time
>>
>started dropshipping store
>ran great ads
>started teespring store
>ran great ads
>started an account on upwork
>ran great resume

and fucking nothing. No sales, no job offers on upwork either.
I just wanna make at least $1000 usd a month. has god forsaken me and my wallet
>>
>>1492502

IMer reporting back in

when I first started, the very first stuff I did to try and make money online was article writing. Eventaully i started looking into offering writing services because writing came easily to me since I was a child

i realized quickly exactly like you said, to write about stuff you don't care about is torture.

with that said, now that I am a seasoned Imer a simple rule i always follow in all my ventures, is I only do stuff that I have some form of interest in. I refuse to try and monetize a subject or niche that bores me, because your productivity swiftly becomes zero.
>>
File: 1471807076137.jpg (101KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1471807076137.jpg
101KB, 500x667px
>>1488355
OP can I contact you in anyway?
[email protected]
>>
>>1494053
>[email protected]
I sent you one from a throwaway account
>>
>>1493928
Sounds like either your product wasn't viable or your ads weren't as great as they should have been.
Maybe its something you overlooked.
Regardless, something needs to change.
I'm rooting for you Anon.
>>
>>1492790
what basic SEO?
>>1492831
again no, its mostly kids from mexico, spain, argentina and shit, my united stated views are the 9th position

maybe in the future i manage to get more making another content i dont know

affiliate links are banned in youtube as far as i know

>>1493267
>How do you tolerate browsing /biz/?
at least /biz/ is fun and i've made over 10k with crypto so i made more than reading about payeets new premium views pack or some method that is banned/useless
>>
A few people have mentioned translation here, how does that work? I am native English and currently beginner level at French. If I were to keep learning and get decent at French would I be able to monetize this somehow? I imagine there wouldn't be big money in it but I'd be interested to see how much. I'd also be open to learning any other language if there were opportunities in it.
>>
>>1494662
>affiliate links are banned in YouTube as far as i know
I don't know if its banned or not but there are a few ways around it.
Most commonly you can make a word press blog and cloak your affiliate links with the pretty link plugin.
Then add the cloaked link to your description instead.
>>
File: 1473505132803.jpg (483KB, 1800x1193px) Image search: [Google]
1473505132803.jpg
483KB, 1800x1193px
>>1487604
http://mostexpensivediamond.org/
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYhNyJ9PBsY
>>
File: IMG_0096.jpg (79KB, 500x322px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0096.jpg
79KB, 500x322px
>>1490678
>caring about the future more than the present
>having a good time while elevating state my mind and education
>zen
>>
>>1492477
I don't know if this will help with your niche but you could try this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEhr4euCkm4
>>
>>1492502
paid article writing sites + a little bit of editing + keywords + shill your affiliate products
>>
File: 1458609427728.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1458609427728.gif
2MB, 500x281px
bump
>>
>>1487604
Wasn't there a previous thread about this a couple weeks ago?

I'm a digital nomad. Right now, I'm currently back at home but I'm about to venture out again. It's pretty tits.

I'm a programmer that works remotely. Can't beat this life.
>>
>>1491309

I'm interested in something like this. Wondering if upwork is a legit site to find some first gigs?
>>
Guys will this thread be deleted when its pushed out of the board? Or will it be archived? There's a lot of good info here I'd like to still have access to in the future.
>>
>>1497763
Just save it through your browser
>>
>>1497766

I have no idea how to do that ??? how do i do that
>>
>>1492236
>Acting like blackhatworld is a secret site
Oh you
>>
>>1495037
That's bullshit I see affiliate links from the big youtubers all the time.
>>
How the heck do I get paid writing articles? I see that a lot in here, and sincerely that'd be a nice thing to get paid to do. I still have no idea how to.
>>
File: 1473622863176.png (534KB, 1156x999px) Image search: [Google]
1473622863176.png
534KB, 1156x999px
>>1497815
>I don't know if its banned or not
>That's bullshit
k.
I just gave an idea based on my understanding.
I don't use JewTube for affiliate purposes.

but here is your (You)
>>
>>1497827
There are tons of site to do this.
Some sites have paid article writing.
But the sites I see most commonly recommended are upwork/odesk/elance/freelancer.
I don't personally have experience with this but good luck with it Anon :)
>>
>>1497815
Big youtubers can do whatever the fuck they want. They have special contracts. Try to run adsense on a site like perezhilton, see how it goes. You will get banned in minutes, meanwhile he makes money all day everyday.
Life is indeed a scam.
>>
>>1496934

i havent seen the video yet and i bet its a guy selling me something

anyway i'll look into it later
>>
>>1498619
Nah, he goes into pulling people away from YouTube to watch your videos on your own site.
Using a subscription paywall in order to make money (Assuming your videos are teaching a skill or something).
>>
>>1497763
>>1497804
I don't know.
You could always just take a bunch a screen shots to be safe.
>>
>>1497804
Google
>>
Here's a video tut on how to setup a basic woocomerce store:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQzy6rtGs3Q
>>
>>1498656
my videos are entertainment for basically kids (even tho some adults see it too) so I doubt they will pay for my shit. going premium can give you a lot of hate, just look at all the dislikes of pay-per-view movies in youtube, so im not sure it's a good idea. you have to think about those things too. I have around 200k subs, maybe if I had like 4 fucking millions or something i could be able to pull it off.
>>
>>1498530
Thanks, anon!
>>
>>1501060
Better yet. Post the job there,then outsource it at online.ph.
>>
File: EEF9jcl.gif (2MB, 425x481px) Image search: [Google]
EEF9jcl.gif
2MB, 425x481px
>>1501103
devilish
>>
I've been programming since I was a kid and recently I've been studying computer science, algorithms, datastructures type textbooks and would like to develop my skills to become a online freelancer. I'd like to do Not pajeet tier programming but stuff that will require actual in depth computer science knowledge. But I'm not sure how to go about freelancing in such a niche, it seems most of the online freelancer stuff is focused on programming that doesnt really require indepth computer science or math knowledge. How could I go about getting into freelancing in such a specific niche?
>>
>>1503177
It's a hard job to break into, you basically need to know someone who wants that kind of work or get a referral from someone you've done basic bitch stuff for.
>>
>>1503193
Sofar what I've thinking might be a workable strategy would be something similar to this >>1488355 where I would find forums/mailing-lists/etc online where computer science people are (this will probably be a open source community or hackernews) and over time establish a good reputation, assuming that a subset of those people are themselves overloaded with work and would contract me if they trusted me.
>>
>>1503209
It seems like a bit of a crap shot to me, good project managers are more likely to outsource to India or Russia because they'll work for $10 an hour.
>>
>>1503211
if the rate for someone who really knows computer science stuff like data structures, algorithms, discrete math, etc is $10/hr then what is the rate for the lower tier programmers who dont really know any CS and they just sort of bang away at code until they finally get it to sort of work but it's riddled with all kinds of problems? is it $1/hr?
>>
>>1503234
You're thinking about it wrong, the value isn't derived from what you know or don't know, it's derived from what someone is willing to pay.
>>
>>1503241
What I'm thinking is like I said I've been programming since I was young but I didnt know the CS concepts in depth I would just hack away a the code until it works but that fly by the seat of your pants approach doesnt scale to highly complex software especially when you get into highly indepth CS stuff like big data, recommender systems, similarity searches, support vector machines, datamining, supervised and unsupervised machine learning, artificial neural networks, domain specific language and compiler design, etc, etc. Surely this is more valuable than simple CeateReadUpdateDelete applications?
>>
>>1503252
How much money is that stuff actually worth?

If you want to make money you don't need to know any of that stuff, knowing how to use an API connection and scrape a site is for most people more practical and valuable than "artificial neural networks".
>>
>>1494009
But 99.9% of these products are shit. I can't imagine a competent marketer operates successfully with such a massive filter. You must allow yourself to push at least some bullshit.
>>
File: future ass.png (180KB, 311x527px) Image search: [Google]
future ass.png
180KB, 311x527px
>>1492024
>I sell shirts passively on Amazon all I do is design upload and beat my meat best month 5k
Where do you do the printing of the shirt!????
>>
File: dog has made a huge mistake.jpg (68KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
dog has made a huge mistake.jpg
68KB, 960x720px
>mfw getting back into the affiliate game after almost 5 years
>was never really a success back then, but made some decent money through sheer luck

I always hated niche research. I get paralyzed trying to settle on one.
>>
>>1491317
do you program yourself or outsource?
>>
>>1503252
Only legit companies really have these kinds of problems, and they hire employees full-time to work on them. You're not gonna get intellectually stimulating work as a freelancer
>>
>>1505071

Outsource
>>
>>1493733
How did you get your video game stock on a regular basis?

How much were you making per week?

Any worry about taxes?
>>
>>1506916
also interested
>>
>>1488394
Did you make the videos on your own? What niche? How many subs and how many views have u got? What have you learned?
>>
>>1492189
Well dropshipping from chinas dead anyway

They already go direcrly through ebay , theyll be shipping goods for FBA within a year or two and no one wants to wait 2 weeks to get anything

You gotta brand it and tweak it a bit and then do fulfillment warehouses
>>
>>1506916

>How did you get your video game stock on a regular basis?
Imported from a overseas wholesaler, purchased in bulk

>How much were you making per week?
$300 to $700 USD, more than enough to live well in SE Asia

>Any worry about taxes?
Registered for tax, always have been
Thread posts: 223
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.