[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

John Rockefeller, one of the wealthiest men in the world, gave

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: John_D._Rockefeller_1885[1].jpg (106KB, 338x488px) Image search: [Google]
John_D._Rockefeller_1885[1].jpg
106KB, 338x488px
John Rockefeller, one of the wealthiest men in the world, gave much of his money to the church, and other good causes.
Religion was a guiding force throughout his life, and Rockefeller believed it to be the source of his success.

He truly believed in the biblical principle found in Luke 6:38
38 Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.”

So I ask you /biz/ do/would you let God guide you in your wealthy endeavors?
>>
>>1428333
yea. w/e he sais goes far as im concerned
>>
I'll add how many anons here believe in outside forces/supernatural in terms of making money?
>>
>>1429031
You're missing the point
>>
>>1428333

You trying to say that Rockerfeller was generous?

[spoiler]BHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHHHAAAHAHAHHAHAHAHA >>>/out/[/spoiler]
>>
If i became extremely wealthy. Id certainly give some to charity
>>
>>1428333

No. You've got it totally wrong family.

What Rockefeller believed had nothing to do with being guided by God. He believed he had the responsibility to guide humanity by divine right.

It's not about giving to God or charity or the poor, it's about giving to a cause. In the way an officer has the power to give orders. Yet he follows as many orders as he takes since to be an officer to begin with, he's bound to a code of conduct. That code of conduct is the equivalent of orders. Following that line of thinking, you have to bow to authority to get authority. That's what giving and it's given to you symbolizes if that makes any sense to you.

Reading into anything he or his ilk did (and still do) will not benefit you in your endeavors in any way, especially if you do not understand the beliefs behind the methods. Even if/once you do understand - as Carlin famously said; it's a club and you're not a part of it.
>>
File: r59234df.png (133KB, 264x394px) Image search: [Google]
r59234df.png
133KB, 264x394px
>>1428333

He also became a walking corpse.
>>
>rock a fella

heh, fag
>>
>gave money to the church
>other good causes
Wait, what was the first good cause?
>>
>>1428333

> Devout Christian
> Wanted to be insanely rich

Anyone else see a contradiction here?

The super rich have always tried to remake their public image.
>>
>>1428333
>So I ask you /biz/ do/would you let God guide you in your wealthy endeavors?

No. He crucified his own son, I would hate to think what he would do to my portfolio.
>>
File: Vatican_ritualistic_mass.gif (73KB, 289x409px) Image search: [Google]
Vatican_ritualistic_mass.gif
73KB, 289x409px
>>1428333

> was a good guy cause he invested in a non taxable system

Yes, he was a glorious warlord immune to moral empathy.
>>
>>1429110
>>1429150
>>1429496
The Bible says
Malachi 3:10New International Version (NIV)

10 Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the Lord Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it.

and

1 Samuel 2:7

7 The Lord sends poverty and wealth;
he humbles and he exalts.

If you want to learn more consider coming to the Christian thread on /trash/ i'll be waiting there

>>1429149
More like
> Devout Christian
> became insanely rich
>>
>>1429645
Wtf I'm Christian now
>>
>>1429645
That's great, thanks for that
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.