[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Hear about all these people who barely graduated highschool

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: sadfrog.jpg (60KB, 736x630px) Image search: [Google]
sadfrog.jpg
60KB, 736x630px
>Hear about all these people who barely graduated highschool making $150k/yr from sales
>Decide to get a sales job
>Pass interview
>can't sell shit, working my fucking ass off to barely earn a passable amount
>Quit within 2 weeks because it's far too stressful and so uncertain you're not sure if you're going to make any money

How the fuck do people do it? I want to try again but with a clearhead this time. How do I do this? Any books or guides on this that aren't written in the 1950's?
>>
>>1413830
why did you quit after only 2 weeks? you were shit be cause youve never done it before... you cant get good unless you at least try to learn

i suggest try again.
or >>>/r9k/
>>
>>1413831
I know. That's why I'm looking to start again but with a more pragmatic approach this time which is why I'm asking you guys for help here.
>>
Sales is a doggy dog world
>>
If you quit that easy making money might not be for you.
>>
There are tonnes of audio books you can find on torrent sites that will help man just google it.
>>
>>1413836

It's dog eat dog world. I bet you're the same guy who tried correcting me on this before.
>>
>>1413955

People like this are a diamond a dozen
>>
>>1413955
whoa relax hotshot
>>
>>1413955

I bet you don't like smoking hot Columbian mild trophy wives, do you?
>>
>>1413955
lol faggot
>>
If you don't have 2 pickles to rub together but want a sales job, try a vending route. Sell to grocery stores that are already established, and concentrate on getting more displays. Save money and get a better routes over time. In a grocery store all the bread, wise chips, little debbie, pepperidge farm, utz chips and more all come from independent distributors. Go to your local store, drive out back (early in the morning) and talk to vendors. The money is good, work is easy and financing is easy. You can sort of make your own hours and once the route is paid off (usually a 10 year loan) you're making bank.
>>
I sell capital equipment in the vicinity of of 4-5 million per year.
It's a real job and it takes time to find your style and method.

The best book ever written on sales is the little red book of sales by Jeffery Gitomer.

I find sales not particularly hard and I'm not the outgoing used car salesman type.
>>
>>1414005
My dad is an independent distributor for Weston (a bread company). He stocks all the shelves in our cities safeways and makes around 80k a year before taxes and after expenses. It's payed in dividends so its only taxed at 50% as well.

Pretty crazy money for something so easy.
>>
Is sales a meme? How can it be good if there are tonnes of women account managers on LinkedIn?
>>
>>1413836
>>1413955
>>1413962
>>1413993
>>1413998
>>1413999
I am sorry to be the baron of bad news, but you seem buttered, so allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies, and are more than just ice king on the cake. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite.

So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality.

I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go.

Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the fax, instead of making a half-harded effort. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it's a peach of cake.
>>
>>1413830
>selling other people's shit

Cut out the middle man & go straight to manufacturers and sell products worth selling.

Now this means you need to learn marketing & shit.

For example, become a designer/contractor & hire subcontractors and sell for a premium. However, it takes months-years to build up a repuation and make lots of money. Depends on your work ethic & personality.
>>
B u m p
>>
>>1414683
N E W P A S T A
E
W
P
A
S
T
A
>>
>>1413830

> commision only

could never do that shit. I've done sales and I'm a lot more comfortable with base+commission than commission only.
>>
>>1414683
Haven't seen this for some time, still as annoyed as the first time I saw it
>>
>>1415565
>new
>>
>>1414683
i fucking hate how many Rickyisms are in this.
>>
>>1413830
you give up that easily?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.