[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is gold the surest long term investment there is?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

Is gold the surest long term investment there is?
>>
>>1339737
How do you even go about doing this?

Like, can you literally just go on the Internet and select where to buy gold from if you're an investor?

Inb4 meme/sarcastic replies
>>
File: 1438614350922.jpg (207KB, 1659x930px) Image search: [Google]
1438614350922.jpg
207KB, 1659x930px
>>1339737
inb4 cryptos
>>
>>1339737
>I'll take "What color is the sky? for 800"
>>
>>1339742

are you guys trolling or not?

APMEX - you can buy gold there

GLD - etf for gold commodity
>>
>>1339758
No, I legitimately know nothing about finance/investing.

I only started browsing this board a few days ago.
>>
>>1339737
It depends on what you mean by investment.

Over the long term, Index funds are the best.

Gold isn't exactly an investment, its a store of wealth. Sure if you can time it right (which no one really can over the long term) you can make money. But that requires you never take actual possession of it which is stupid.

TLDR: INdex funds all the way, but diversify. 65% Index Funds, 5% individual stocks, 10% gold, 5% cryptos, 5% cash, 10% bonds.

At least thats my mix and its served me well so far.
>>
>>1339770
>But that requires you never take actual possession of it which is stupid.

How do you store your gold? Please don't tell me you keep it in your house or buried in the yard.
>>
>>1339780
I've got a massive safe in the basement behind a locked door. Also in a safe deposit box at the bank.

>Implying its somehow going to get stolen during a smash and grab.
>>
>>1339737

some day it may be possible to transmute gold easily and the value will plummet

also, when we are able to mine asteroids the price will plummet . or if an asteroid containing gold were ever to crash into the earth
>>
I don't like investing in gold for two reasons.
1. It's value is based on sentiment, as opposed to how much wealth it produces.
2. It can drop in value for decades.

I think it's a terrible investment.
>>
>>1339737
It's a nice thing to collect. They're pretty to look at.
>>
No and you are a complete dumbass if you think so.

With its only growth being chinese relations, gold should only be purchased well ahead of currency volatility, and sold during the first spike.
>>
>>1339792
>implying we'll even get that far before the happening
>>
gold is a shit investment. it spiked awhile ago and you missed your chance in the 90s to get it for 200/oz
>>
>>>/biz/
>>
>>1339817
Brexit proves you wrong
>>
>>1339836

ok you invest in gold the week before and basically gain 1% wowowowowowowowowowowwoowowowowowowowowowoowowowwwww
>>
Gold is not an investment; it's an insurance policy.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.