[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TSLA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

should i buy tesla stock? what do you guys predict it will happen?
>>
>>1177141
i predict they will do good.. theyre cornering emerging technologies.. They will be the google of cars and alternative energy
>>
>>1177141
Cars will sell exceedingly well. That said, the stock is too overvalued and the P/E is fucked to no end. Everyone in my office thinks it's a hot tip to buy the thing; that's a bad sign.

It will probably increase in the short term despite all logic, but at the first sign of market turmoil, it will sink like a brick. The moon train for TSLA is over.
>>
>>1177213
This. It's not good to buy meme stocks.
Once they're memes they've already been on everyone's radar tooooo long.
>>
>>1177141
Can one of you Musk cultist explain something to me?

What is this free lunch fallacious bullshit everyone is obsessed with as it relates to plugging your car into the wall, that is fed by fucktarded transmission infrastructure maintained by union worked oligarchies and ultimately powered by ancient inefficient coal burning plants?

Wouldn't it be better to buy as car for1/10th of tesla's sticker, and save money ultimately, on increasing fuel efficiency?
>>
>>1177262
Yeah but that's not hip faggot
>>
>>1177262
>Wouldn't it be better to buy as car for1/10th of tesla's sticker, and save money ultimately, on increasing fuel efficiency?
I'm not a cultist, but where am I buying a new car for $3,500?

I thought about buying a 3, putting up a solar panel on a post for around $1,000, and using that to charge the car. Ultimately decided no, but it was my plan to make it completely efficient.
>>
>>1177141

Fuck no. $265 per share?

Where's the value? How many millions of cars have they sold to justify that kind of hype?

How fast have they grown sales?

It's a hyper bubble man.
>>
>>1177262
Model 3 will be 35k same price as gas powered new car. I'll recharge it connected to infrastructure sourced from solar and hydroelectric. You'll have to just mail your checks to isis soon do you even freedom oilcuck
>>
>>1177402
Too be fair, I don't follow the company, and I only drive work tucks, so i didn't know they had a budget car.

I guess at that price point, it's a fair deal. I retract my criticism.
>>
>>1177402
I just wanted to see the decline of the Saudi royal family
>>
>>1177213
this, maybe 5 years ago it was a good investment stock wise (its a phenomenal investment in every other domain)

But even Elon says it's over priced.

The fact that it's so expensive and hasent even posted a profit yet is one thing. The fact that it's now mainstream is another indicator that the shit has rocketed.
>>
>>1177412
Are you >>1177262

Either way, the idea is that it's a stepping stone to a future of clean energy.

So now hes solved the problem of low cost high production EV's, next step would be the production of clean energy and the storage of that energy, both are coming from elons other companies, Solarcity and Tesla's power walls.

Secondly, that fucktarded transmission infrastructure seems to be handling the energy needs for the 300+mill in the US, not only that but its a fuck tonne more efficient and cheaper to move energy from point a to point b if its in the form of electricity, than in the form of trucks hauling gas across the country.

3rdly theres such thing as clean energy, possibly even fusion power in the future.
>>
>>1177402
The shitty version of the car will be 35k, what you saw a few days ago is now estimated at a little over 50k.

Elon is selling smoke and mirrors, not to mention that the car won't come out in another year and a half, a lot of things can happen in that time
>>
>>1177459
Im that guy.

>infrastructure seems to be handling the energy needs for the 300+mill
Barely during peak usage

>but its a fuck tonne more efficient and cheaper to move energy from point a to point b if its in the form of electricity, than in the form of trucks hauling gas across the country.
They're still hauling coal and oil to the plants, but Im being pedantic.
>clean energy, possibly even fusion power
We're not there yet, with either of those in the US, but hopefully, with things like affordable Teslas, we'll get a bit closer.

Again, bro, please just let me concede in peace. Knowing that there's a budget tesla, I agree with you in full.
>>
tesla company has yet to make anything of themselves yet. Batteries still take too long to charge and are inefficient compared to gas.
>>
>>1177500
>20-30 minutes to use a Supercharger
>other companies haven't even come close
>cars have good performance, design is good, and have decent pricing

You can travel long distance & recharge your car while you stop and eat for half an hour. No other electric car can do this.

Also, think of countries like France. $11,000 tax credit for electric vehicles & expensive gas compared to the US.

Also, little to no maintenance for an electric vehicle (and they come with a 8 year warranty).

>Tesla has yet to make anything of themselves

I disagree.
>>
>>1177141

I predict the people that pre-ordered the Model 3 will become creditors in a bankruptcy.
>>
>>1177617
>bankruptcy

Highly doubt that would occur in the next few years given demand right now. Tesla's biggest problems now are keeping up with production.

I doubt they can produce more than 150,000 vehicles a year, and they will be looking to expand again soon.

If they simply wanted to stop here, they could keep producing cars for a good enough margin to be profitable (of course this would be bad for the stock because less growth = less value for shareholders).

Also, imagine a Google partnership with Tesla. Google providing the self-driving technology & Tesla providing design, battery technology, and production.

Elon has stated he doesn't want to be acquired, but a partnership like this accelerating his companies goals with more resources could create shareholder value for both Google and Tesla.

Of course all of this is a pipe dream.
>>
what about lithium GXY etc?
>>1177657

>>>/b/677829381
>>
Electric cars will suck for as long as we dont have a viable alternative to fossil fuel, energy-density-wise. The real innovation will be self-driving cars.

That being said, lots of millenial retards will jump on the tesla bandwagon because touchscreen and muh climate change.
>>
Tsla is overvalued currently, wait for another dip like in February then go all in
>>
>>1177715
that's the same thing I'm going to do
+currently investing in lithium mining companies
>>
>>1177412

Holy shit, the first mature comment I've seen on this board for awhile. I might stay for a bit.
>>
>>1177715
but what if no dip
>>
File: 1458671969113.jpg (17KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1458671969113.jpg
17KB, 400x300px
Tesla is doing great things for technology in the auto business but its expansion is concerning me.

With the introduction of it's 'economic' car they're clearing going from luxury toy to an actual competitor in the everyday car market. Does it have the infrastructure for it?

The big three (Chrysler, Ford, Chevy) developed their infrastructure over the course of decades and Tesla is expanding in one third that time.

My guess it is their chase for infrastructure will bleed them out financially causing them to partner with one of the bigger car lords. My guess would be Mercedes or maybe Porsche. So I'd wait until they're on the verge to go under; buy and watch them partner with a big macho camacho.
>>
>>1177715
>>1177141
CMT approved
>>
They just collected over 200 million in fucking preorders. They can't even keep up with demand but Tesla is such a fucking hipster meme that people are willing to wait years before they get their car.
Tesla is a cash cow coming up.
>>
>>1177611
You're not factoring the massive fragmentation that's going to happen when every auto maker has their own proprietary charging stations around.

Oh you wanna charge your tesla while eating a burger? Sorry this station only works with Fords, who kicked back in exchange to make up for the late market entry.

Meanwhile teslas are shitting their pants with unforseen mechanicals and it's a giant cluster fuck of range anxiety all over again
>>
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Tesla's home power supply or them also breaking into the utility business. I don't believe they are just going to be an electric car company.
>>
>>1177715
when is best time to suck Elon's cock
>no homo
>>
my friend bought into TSLA after he heard something positive about it on FBN and kept going on and on about how he made the right decision... almost like he was trying to prove it to himself...
>>
>>1177669
GXY is the next biz meme stock. It's unlikely tesla will source their lithium from Australia, iirc musk said he wants his raw materials sourced from north America as much as possible. With that in mind, you're better off buying firms that have American or Canadian mines that are or will be producing lithium, cobalt, and I believe graphite, as I think those are the three main minerals that will be refined for the batteries in these cars. Definitely avoid companies with African cobalt connections, as nobody actually wants to buy from child slavery as it is bad for public image.

Remember, though, that most mining ops diversify by mining multiple sites and multiple minerals, which means you could be exposing yourself to pricing risk or volatility due to various reasons unrelated to your mineral of interest. Plus, most of this stuff is going to be in play/on the proverbial shelf for over a year; getting in now is cheap in large part due to low commodity prices across the board for minerals, but keep in mind many of these firms are struggling, and it's hard work to predict which players outside of the rio tintos of the world will be able to survive the lean times.
>>
>>1178230
I'm a big Tesla fan but also worried about them increasing manufacturing volume so quickly. I wouldn't be surprised if there are delays announced.

I think Mercedes is already partnered with Tesla, there was something about an electric Mercedes with a Tesla engine. Not sure what became of that.
>>
>>1178425
Yeah, there will likely be delays, but it's unlikely that will seriously impact stock prices unless they simply can't get the warehouse operational, which seems unlikely.

This shit is gonna be over hyped for a while based on speculation following the pre orders, will drop sometime before the first instance of delays are announced, and will rebound like the bubble it is upon the first shipment of model 3s. Then, it will come crashing to earth (aka a ~100 stock price) once people realize that a sometimes profitable, sometimes not profitable tesla isn't all that different from a Ford or chevy or bmw or Mercedes.
>>
>>1177141
>laggard detected

pleb
>>
>>1177141
Yes.

Because as we all know the very BEST time to invest is when it's super expensive to get in.
>>
>>1178199
There is always a dip, you dip.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.