[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How difficult is it to get into youtubing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: youtube.jpg (15KB, 480x189px) Image search: [Google]
youtube.jpg
15KB, 480x189px
Anybody here make it big by making quality videos and becoming a successful youtuber? Some questions:

1. What video editing software is everybody using nowadays? People like CGP Grey, vsauce, etc. I work really well with Sony Vegas so far but I'm ready to move on to newer and better programs.

2. Is it still viable? I see a lot of popular channels with videos that don't look too difficult to make but getting your channel out there in the first place seems like a luck of the draw thing.
>>
File: 1442747721384.jpg (34KB, 645x859px) Image search: [Google]
1442747721384.jpg
34KB, 645x859px
I use adobe premiere but most people use sony vegas and it works fine for them. I just started my channel yesterday and my first video got around 110 views. You really have to tweet and post on reddit or you wont get any views when you are first starting.
>>
>>1172188

is it viable? of course it's viable. don't listen to retards telling you 'that ship has sailed' or 'youtube is oversaturated'. it's just a tool, a platform. if you create value and make sure your target audience finds you (like anon said reddit and social media are a must to present your brand), you will succeed in youtube.

i've seen channels pop up and flourish and eventually reach the 150k subscriber mark all the time. persistance is a huge part of the recipe it seems. to give you examples i've seen 'grade a under' and 'nerdwriter' go from absolute nobodies to the professional youtubers they are now. they are not pewdiepies, but they are very much established and no doubt get some good $$$ from youtubing.

so it's as worth it as you make it out to be. you have to bring the content and value, and you have to find your audience. youtube is only the medium.
>>
>>1172197
>>1172204

Thanks for that. Yeah, I'm pretty convinced now. I'm gonna spend the time checking out premiere too. Even if my projects don't go big, creating videos is gonna end up being a useful skillset anyways.
>>
File: r4GdmVh.jpg (198KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
r4GdmVh.jpg
198KB, 1024x768px
What kind of videos are you planning on making?
>>
What's the best/easiest software to create lolsorandomXD meme videos? None of that people talking to the camera bullshit, just lots of images and clips with dumb sound effects and obnoxious huge letter flashing on screen?
>>
What type of videos could one make without having to show their face?
>>
>>1172983
do you have any skills? interest? if not
make "top ten" videos, with clickbait titles and thumbnail
>>
>>1172990
Fitness, but that definitely requires showing your face as people are really interested in the personality of the person too.

Also languages.

I can edit videos quite well, add sound effects, join clips together etc... but don't see how that would build a good channel because I have no content to edit.

The Top Ten genre is too saturated.
>>
File: 1458703554274.png (306KB, 445x550px) Image search: [Google]
1458703554274.png
306KB, 445x550px
>>1172188
Oddly enough I'm making some youtube vids for a channel I've started.

My shtick is to make really, really gay gaming videos.

Like. Really gay.
>>
>>1173028
lel

What's your channel? I would watch the fuck outta that
>>
>>1172849
Grab a 30 trial of adobe premiere pro, then go for the annual plan paid monthly (I think it's like $20).
>>
File: finalcocks.jpg (48KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
finalcocks.jpg
48KB, 256x256px
>>1173029
I dunno what I'll call it.

I'm thinking something around black cocks - if I can make my avatar pic related, maybe I can fool youtube into letting me use that name. Maybe mess it up a bit to get past any naming barriers.

I don't really intend to show my voice off, but I've been told I've got a voice for radio. For now, it's just making really sick edits and having pink skins on everything.

I just wanna fuck bitches and get money.
>>
>>1173031
that's the one I was thinking about, was just waiting on some extra feedback. cant I just pirate it?
>>
File: 1453354157554.gif (472KB, 437x320px) Image search: [Google]
1453354157554.gif
472KB, 437x320px
>>1173043
Probably, but I wouldn't know where to find it desu.

>>1173029
Btw, my first project is working on the Homeworld 1 Remaster, with the running title as "Homoworld". Got the logo ready and everything, but still gotta get my channles shit together.

Been out of editing for a while so my skills are a bit rusty, but it should be easy enough to come back to. It's amazing to see how many channles are out there now, especially CoD kids making ridiculous $$$.
>>
>>1172188
>Is it still viable?
If you're a young, physically-attractive woman it is.

Otherwise, good luck.
>>
>>1172990
These seem easy, but need some decent self discipline in order to be persistent early on since odds are you won't give a shit about lots of your content
>>
>>1173872
This.
>>
>>1172188
1. Sony Vegas is good enough for YouTube. I moved from Vegas to Premiere, only because I started using After Effects for more professional intros/outros/overlays, and it's way easier to just import my ae project files into Premiere rather than rendering 5 sec lossless clips for use in Vegas.

Most large YouTube channels use Final Cut or Premiere/AE. That being said, Vegas is capable of doing basically anything you'll ever need, and is easier to learn than the competitors.

2. It's very viable. People aren't loyal to watching only some channels. If you create content people like they will watch it. Reddit has been very receptive to new channels lately, and a lucky post to r/videos guarantees you 20k+ subscribers.

>>1173043
>>1172849
Vegas is DEFINITELY best for making 420 montage parodies, and YouTube poops. It's incredibly easy to make shit spin and sync up airhorn sounds in it.

>>1173056
>>>/r9k/
>>
[img]https://anonmgur.com/up/766b23ef58593be1713b35216c0a7133.jpg[/img]
>>
hey op I don't know if you are still there. but I thought of you (no homo) just right now.

I'm watching this channel 'Hydraulic Press Channel' on youtube. got 350k watchers. It's just some funny russian/ukrainian sounding guy pressing all kinds of funny shit.

This is a channel that I saw aposted on reddit about a month ago. Had maybe 1k subscribers then. Literally over night from going viral on reddit it got 100k subscribers. Now I'm watching and like i said its at 350k. A very simple idea for a channel really. at 350k subscribers you will make more than a good living (i think).

food for thought opie.
>>
>>1174362
>Hydraulic Press Channel

Wow he's got a shit ton of views per video with just 350k subs. Guy must be making bank

Didn't he blow up from that "folding paper 7 times with hydraulic press" or something video?
>>
>>1174424
ye that channel is spammed to fuk on reddit. its fuking shit
>>
>>1172188
mundanecuck just hit 100,000 subs and all he fucking does is prattle on about shit. if are even a little more charismatic and interesting than him you will do fine.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.