[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/eternal skateboarding general/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 339
Thread images: 41

File: skategraphic.jpg (123KB, 584x759px) Image search: [Google]
skategraphic.jpg
123KB, 584x759px
Information for beginners, PLEASE READ BEFORE asking: http://pastebin.com/C6rEGbzD

Shoe info and feedback, feel free to contribute on the 2nd link (the first is the shoe reviews): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnSv7MyhLozYdGM1a1FUMHNtTkRFN0xkVmt3dEZ0NHc#gid=0

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Y70Tug_iI9-dW2VqBBzsI9PCnFlw1jIOu9yTlHcc-wY/viewform

SKATEBOARDING IS 90% MIND, 10% BODY
YOU' RE NEVER TOO OLD TO SKATE NOW GO OUT AND SHRED
YOU 'RE NEVER TOO FAT TO SKATE NOW GO OUT AND SHRED

skatepark etiquette: go early or go burly

skateboard streaming:http://pastebin.com/CHhGaiCt

Old thread: >>951756

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAm6kpeUx08
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 1334x750px
I did a frontside grind in the deep end of this bowl tonight :)
>>
>>964294
fok yeeeee
>>
Skateboard streaming?
>>
>>951756
I didn't say this community shitted on tech tricks but I completely understand what you're saying.

Also JeffWonSong, must've deluded himself well because Ronnie Creager actually picked him up as an am for his semi failed brand. I don't really want to know why and just wished eS would get themselves together and get Ronnie back.
>>
>roller woodflip
>>
I'm in the market for some new trucks and I have been looking at the Thunder titanium lights. Are they worth the premium or would I be better off with just regular thunder polished or lights?
>>
>>964466

open the pastebin, then open the link within.
>>
>>964816
if you're going for a light setup then it'll be worth, or maybe if you're skating something bigger than 8.5 but other than that not really. my 8" with normal stage 11s is heavier than my 8.625 with indy titanium lights, just as an example.
>>
>>964466
>>964906
there needs to be more people in there. it's a cool idea.
>>
>>964816
I've got the thunder lights, I also wanted to get the titanium because they look great, but in my opinion the price wasn't worth it, at least for my situation at the time. The lights work great, but lighter does not always mean better, Indy's are great as well, I've seen people with heavy ass trucks pop really high, so I guess it all comes down to preference.
>>
>>964766
>autismo grappling
>>
>>964274
That pic is just edgy as all fuck.

Why are skaters such edgy faggots?
>>
File: one badass manlet.jpg (13KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
one badass manlet.jpg
13KB, 320x240px
>>965363
Typical badass edgy skater.
>>
>>964274
No more Thrasher in the OP?
>>
jesus fuck, just took out my cruising wheels that i haven't used in a week or so and all of the bearings have literally seized up

dropped them in acetone, blasting the rust to fuck hopefully
>>
>>965371
Also, no tunes in OP?
>asking the critical questions
>>
>>965481
I did put a tune in the OP
>>
>>965536
Forget I said anything
>>
>>964816

Just from personal experience, I'd recommend the Titanium. If you can afford them, might as well. They're the best. I've been very happy with them. They're sooo light and grind so smooth.

Never tried the regular lights, but I have the polished Team edition and the Hollow Lights. They're simply not as good.
>>
Did niggeranon ever find a camera?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTUEVL1OnuA

I just found this video and it looks cheap as heck for what you're getting.
>>
Is San Francisco's climate literally perfect for skating? No snow, average low never really drops below 40 degrees, moderate rain in the winter (but not enough for it to be an issue), and it never gets sweltering hot like AZ.
>>
>>965998
It's better than LA, that's for sure.
>>
>>965998
If only the rent wasn't so stupid.
>>
Living in Russia I'm isoleted from some main events and news in skateboarding world.So I have these questions , hope you could explain it to me:
1.What happened between Jereme Rogers and Koston? I know there was some disagreement on tweeter. but why?
2.Any news about Mike Mo?I check his facebook almost every month but still There is no information about his recovering.Is he going to make a comeback?
3.Is that true that all decks are made in China and almost in the same factory?
>>
>>965998
I mean it would be nice if the rent wasn't stupid high and being an /o/utist as well means that hill starts are unavoidable.
>>
>>966022
Mike mo is doing okay, he said he's about 90% but he claims he wants to wait until he's 100% to really jump back into skating. I feel so bad for him, he literally said that he just laid in his bed and couldnt do anything.
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 640x1136px
/asp/ newfag here

Long time /b/ lurker Making a switch tho

Didn't know they were real skateboarders on 4chan

>pic related
Me doing a tre bomb
>>
>>966230
>Long time /b/ lurker

Kill yourself.
>>
>>966230
welcome! as long as you keep your /b/ shit on /b/ then there won't be any problems. cool pic.
>Didn't know they were real skateboarders on 4chan
that's still up for debate
>>
Whoever wrote on the spreadsheet that Sk8 His fuck up your pinkie toe- you weren't kidding! I need some new shoes...
>>
>>966239
How do you define a real skateboarder?
>>
File: image.png (721KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
721KB, 640x1136px
>>966233
Chill the fuck out

Doesn't mean i'm as autistic and retarded like the rest

I just have an unquenchable thirst of curiosity about the human nature, that's all

>pic related
Fs blunt
>>
>>966264
it was a joke relax poser
>>
>>966266
>been in /esg/ for like 5 minutes and has already posted more content than 95% of /esg/
>>
File: image.jpg (111KB, 640x816px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
111KB, 640x816px
>>966239
Sick! I quit following religiously the scene 2 years ago

I still keep up to date occasionally

If that makes me a kook, be it

I'm just sick and tired of what skateboarding became with the last years

It completely losts it's essence and everybody is turning into a selfish greedy douchebag piece of shits

That's coming from a dude who knows quite a bunch of sponsored peeps, sales rep, crews like Dime... I even worked in a skateshop that isn't core, but filled with so called "core" dudes

The skateboarding world is just wack as fuck

>pic related
Footplant to tail
>>
>>966264
Someone who likes to have fun
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 640x1136px
>>966272
Wtf is wrong with you cuz? Just burn a fat one and chill the fuck

Nobody asked for your feedback

Kindly fuck off

>pic related
An actual unedited kickflip
>>
>>966266
>long time /b/ lurker
>Doesn't mean i'm as autistic and retarded like the rest

It means exactly that.
>>
>>966298
>lurker
>poster
>same thing

You are dense as fuck, aren't you?

Anyways, Haters gonna hate i guess?
>>
>>966287
Illiterate newfaggot /b/tard sperging out for no reason as usual.
>>
>>966307
Kill yourself mongoloid, you post like someone from /b/ as well.
>>
>>966266
Sick photo
>>
>>966309
You jelly cause you'll never be able to pop kickflips this high let alone start landing kickflips instead of rocketflips

I don't blame you
>>
File: wknd_black.jpg (81KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
wknd_black.jpg
81KB, 1200x1200px
WKND any good?
Would like to start skateboarding again.
>>
>>966314
lol, why are you so butthurt bro?
>>
>>966326
Never tried

On a personal not, i've been exclusively skating Girl/Chocolate(occasionally a deathwish or baker when they weren't any Girl or Chocolate with the dimensions i want)

I've been skating indoor with a Heroin Gou Miyagi

Shit has pop and rigidity for days

I really consider making the switch but i'm too attached to Girls and Chocolates
>>
>>966335
>too attached to girl and chocolate
why? isn't crailtap known to be cheap chinese garbage?
>>
>>966323
>>966328
Typical /b/ response.

>>>/b/

Go home retard.
>>
>>966326
I had the one with the Sloane graphic, very good and had a nice pop to it. Though they are niche and your local might not carry them
>>
>>966338
Really?

I dunno man i love their boards, perfect for the way i skate when i get 8" X 31" 5/8 with a nice mellow concave

The only Chocolate deck i hated was a Vincent Alvarez playboy trunk boyz bullshit graphic

Ended up focusing the board on my own because it was the most awkward board ever(not to mention i figured that it was exactly 1 inches longer than what i usually skate)
>>
>>966345
Instead of spouting anger fueled bullshit this hard, why don't you take the time to relax and think about why your sperging out this badly

You know what they say about projection? It's stemmed from insecurity to attribute our own negativity to a specific target

Grow the fuck up kid
>>
>>966368
Learn to spell, illiterate nigger.
>>
>>966371
lol, what words did i mispell?
>>
>>966358
Crailtap decks are pressed in China, but whether the quality of the wood is good or bad is up to the person skating the board.
>>
>>966372
You're hopeless.
>>
Ahh yeah, Ryan Lay footy.
https://youtu.be/kd-wb63q9kI
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 640x1136px
>>966377
Haha, you're laughable

Why don't you post pics?
>>
>>966393
Kill yourself.
>>
>>966385
One of my friend's

The most retarded thing about this footy is most of his best clips aren't in them and he has been unsponsored for a long while
>>
>>966396
http://youtu.be/df8hH6yIGNA

Forgot the link
>>
>>966393
>posting pics
That shit wouldn't fly in my park senpai
>>
>>966405
Waddya mean?

I won't ask for fuck all if i'm riding

Ffs, i just want to see some of you guys' footy and pics
>>
>>966385
He recently turn pro too, his pro model looks dope.
>>
>>966358
Dude, I feel ya. I'm also addicted to chocolate/girl, my last board was a girl and i'm currently skating a chocolate. I'm obsessed with the shape, nice and round, preference wise I hate pointy shaped boards. Round is my perferred shape. Also, my friend snapped his girl board like the second day he got it, but i'm not sure if that says anything because he has literally snapped almost all the boards he owned, he isn't even fat, he is just a really heavy foot lander.
>>
>>966408
>>>/b/
>>
>>966408
Wish I could post fresh footy desu but knees all fucked up. Haven't been on a board for a week, probably gonna be another week before I can
>>
>>966416
Hell fucking yeah!

The spoon wide nose with a slightly pointier tail all with a mellow concave is my dream board(8inches x 31inches 5/8)

I snapped a couple of chocolate in the first 2 weeks i had them but never had to deal with this issue with Girl's
>>
i find the tail on girl boards especially gets way too thin way too quick. real weird shape.

>pic related IT WAS ME THE WHOLE TIME
>>
>>966421
I'm quite broke as fuck right now so til the snow starts melting or find a new job, i'm out for an unknown amount of time

It makes me go insane
>>
>>966424
That's gnarly! You're also spot on with Girl's tails

Well if it helps, i've developed this weird habit years ago which at the beginning was a way for me to get used to roll switch. Ended up always doing that and it GREATLY helps scrape as less as possible the tail

>i always run and put myself in switch stance when i'm hoping on my board
>if i want to break, i pull a fat powerslide instead of using my tail as a brake

Don't have issues with razor sharp tails because i always end up dnapping my boards before it gets critical
>>
>>966433
i meant like the shape of them, i never really scrape the tail to brake unless im doing one of those cool guy titanic stops. its like as soon as the wood clears that back couple bolt holes its turned into a triangle

>pic related its this one time when i went to MACBA and nearly cried
>>
>>966436
Nice pic! Ollie? Switch ollie? Kickflip?

Why did you nearly cried? Is it because you wanted to throw down something down MACBA 4 and saw it was demolished?
>>
>>966446
its because i was at MACBA
and it was pure just an ollie, I wish i could bang out mega hella flippy dippers but not everyone is christoff channover or sewer krutchcovers

>one more
>>
>>966455
>mega hella flippy dippers but not everyone is christoff channover or sewer krutchcovers
Hahahaha! That made my day lol
>>
>>965829
>talks shit about gopros in the last thread
>recommends a gopro clone
Choose your reasoning very wisely, b.

Also
>niggeranon
>(nigger)anon
>(black)anon
>blackanon
Ftfy, please keep your edginess to yourself.
>>
File: pauly-d-djing[1].jpg (47KB, 648x604px) Image search: [Google]
pauly-d-djing[1].jpg
47KB, 648x604px
>be at skatepark
> chill / easy / beginner obstacles have people sitting on them, just standing around / hanging out not skating
> retarded / difficult / too gnar obstacles that no one ever even skates in the park complete ghost town all day every day
>>
>>966683
tell them politely to move
>>
>>966705
bro if you tell a dozen or so local kids / park rats too move just so you can do something they would consider lame like ride over a pyramid or up and down a bank ramp or quarter pipe you got bigger balls than a lot of people.
>>
>>966714
where you from? All kids do at my local park is sit on the pyramid ahaha
>>
>>966578
>OP image glorifies killing cops
>pls no edgy guys

Goddamn skaterfags are such pussies
>>
>>966714
>hey can you guys please move so i can skate this?
>sure np
>>
>>966741
Okay, (assuming you're from the WWE side of /asp/) I've seen weird near /b/-tier from you guys so hey, take it how you want to.
>>
https://vimeo.com/154698711
>>
>>966767

I'll take it like this: You're a faggot nigger who gets his feels hurt by words on a computer screen. Kill yourself.
>>
>>966779
Okay. Be right back. Gonna take your edginess and cut myself with it. Feel free to keep going to make it super sharp.
>>
>>966805

No edginess here, I just really feel in my heart that the world, and especially 4chan, would be better off if you did a kickflip off of a cliff.
>>
>>966814
We're not yet diamond sharp, b. Keep it going.
>>
>>966836

You PC bro?
>>
>>966846
¿yes?
>>
>>966846
Actually not really. I just don't like being called nigger, like most white people don't want to be called inbreeding rednecks. But I'm not calling you one because on here I've had a good time and met some good people and I believe you could be one of them.
>>
>>966870
you're in the wrong place then nigger
>>
what brands make the decks with the biggest concave and squarest tails?
>>
File: bad-meme.png (376KB, 698x720px) Image search: [Google]
bad-meme.png
376KB, 698x720px
prepare to be triggered friends
>>
>>967039
Nice 2hu

Trucks are pretty sick looking too. What kind?
>>
>>965998
yeah, climate is perfect, too bad skating is banned in San Fransisco and the city spawned the most technical skateboarders after Rodney Mullen so you would look like a kook among kooks.
>>
>>966287
he meant it in a good way to shame the rest of us, as in, it's your first time posting and you are already posting OC, which is always commendable.
and he probably is the same person that disses you because you came from /b/, kek.
trolls trolling etc.
Welcome, keep posting.
>>
>>966424
>i find the tail on girl boards especially gets way too thin way too quick
>>966433
>You're also spot on with Girl's tails

so it wasn't me being picky, seeing as you guys think that too...
I have the exact same thoughts about Girl.
>>
>>966741
Mic-E Reyes please
>>
>>966772
el oh el
that was good
>>
File: vabhAFi.gif (819KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
vabhAFi.gif
819KB, 480x270px
>>967185
i will marry her
>>
>>967201
will you offer her when I come visit?
>>
has the dood with the Bathsalts vid uploaded it yet?
>>
>>967039

how are the girl wheels?
>>
>>966772
>SOLD OUT

aww
>>
>>967039
Damn weebs, have you no shame? Think about the children!
>>
>>967025
what size?
>>
>>967025
just cut the ends off a heroin board
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ae619ZDy1E
>>
>>967807
who is this guy
>>
>>967498
nothing bigger than 8.75 is my only stipulation
>>
>>968072
then i guess i cant recommend you my DICK
>>
>>968055
more like hwo is this GAY
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2829x2132px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2829x2132px
Today is gonna be a great day.
>>
>>968382
RIP THEM FOR US
PLEASE
>>
>>968382
Nice!
Have fun anon.
>>
>>968382
Good taste
>>
tfw avenue trucks are on back order
whens the new batch due, anyone know?
>>
>>966394
You come off much more /b/ than he does, m8
>>
>>967271
I was hoping someone here could tell me
imma build that board
>>
>>967039
I like it
>>
>>964274
I want that shit,is it on eBay now

How much is it
>>
>>968386
I don't have a computer, sorry.
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (127KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
127KB, 1200x1600px
>need new deck
>months of searching
>finally find a deck you really, really like
>weeks of saving money, eating nothing but ramen
>finally get paid
>deck is all sold out that day

fuck this life
>>
>>968652
Preach it
>>
>>968652
email him and see if he's making any more or he has one laying around
>>
so i've got that cool guy vx2 and have recently updated to a hip as chips macbook, which, surprise surprise is NOT backwards compatible with firewire devices on account of the iphone 2billion not needing high speed wired connections.

just wondering if anyone here has had experience with firewire to USB adaptor cable and whether or not they are just some big con for chumps.

LET ME KNOW YO because it would suck to have to buy a huge machine for it or *shudder* get an HD CAMERA
>>
>>968652
>weeks of saving
>60$

wjat
>>
>>968652
What's the name of the graphic?
>>
File: Wlcme.jpg (260KB, 1280x854px) Image search: [Google]
Wlcme.jpg
260KB, 1280x854px
New Promo video from Welcome.
Can't wait for late 2016.
https://youtu.be/oBKxJryr_p0
>>
>>968740
their whole vibe has changed. i'm cool with it since change is inevitable, but man they are so different now. definitely more mainstream. can't blame them. i'll be purchasing the jordan sanchez and ryan lay models whenever they show up locally.
>>
Can Skateboarding or Roller Blading be considered good form of transport for short trips around a city?
>>
>>969000
depends, if you have a place to stash your board at your destinations, sure. otherwise it will get old quick having to worry and lug a board around 24/7.
>>
>>969000
When I lived in lincoln I longboarded literally everywhere
drove maybe once a week
>>
>>966022

The wood is canadian maple bur the pressings are done in china then redistributed to the bigger companies for the graphics and whatnot
>>
>>969192
depends on the distributor. Dwindle imports canadian maple to Asia and does pressing and graphics there. Some smaller distribution places do all work in the usa, some have shops in mexico. Making skateboards isn't the specialty that it used to be, metric shit on of shops all around the world doing it. And not even decks. For a few thousand dollars you can easily set up your own skateboard brand for every part.
>>
>>968652
go to another site that sells hookups?
there's stock in the UK for fuck sake, look harder
>>
also skate decks are so cheap in the US how did it take you so long to save

i legitimately don't understand how people ride cracked decks for weeks on end, go buy a new fucking deck for like 40 dollars
>>
>>965998
It's better than boston

Just fucking kill me.
>>
what is this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdSA-mykfXQ
>>
>>969265
>not just buying stuff you like whenever you want
>not opening up your closet in your home office to 4 decks, 2 pairs of trucks, 4 sets of bearings, 4 sets of wheels, 4 bags of hardware, 6 sheets of grip pinned on the wall, bones bushings of all durometers, and a box of spacers and washers and tools
>>
>>969310
>using spacers and washers

what is the point

save time go without
>>
>>969314
meh, i just use them because why not
>>
>>969305
its eric grisham and friends

pro tip: that nerdy looking skinny fucker at 4:30 or so is the one true birdman tony sporx himself
>>
>>968740
Sick
>>
>>968740
They all deserve to be on something better
>>
which of these do you guys like better?
https://clyp.it/wszyrqgj
OR
https://clyp.it/anddnrle
I spent a lot more time on the first one, but the second just feels better imo.
>>
>>969661
Skateboarding?

Second one sounded better.
>>
>>969719
>>969661
shit, wrong tab.
this was meant for /mu/
>>
>>969623
keep sucking mango's dick idiot
>>
Can't pop my heelflips at all for some reason. Landed my first heelflip yesterday and can land one about every 10 tries or so. And tips on popping? No matter how hard I try, my tail won't even touch the ground
>>
>>969845
turn your back foot out the teeniest tiniest bit and have your toes right in the middle of the tail

and as always its all in the shoulders

trust me im a prolific heelflipper
>pic related
>>
>>969866
Damn that's a cool shot
>>
yesterday i did a 90 degree turn from a stationary ollie

how long till 180? :(
>>
when i try to kickflip, my board either goes too ahead of me, or it sort of stands vertically when it spins :/
what do
>>
>>970203
keep trying or post a video so we can see what you're doing wrong
ask for help from someone who can see what you're doing
>>
>>969766
What does Mango have anything to do with it you fag?
>>
>>969292
>what is Fancy Lad?
>>
File: skateboard.png (144KB, 870x703px) Image search: [Google]
skateboard.png
144KB, 870x703px
So fucking pumped for the snow to go away, just ordered some new shit. What do you guys think?
>>
>>970244
post prices too pls
>>
>>970201

depends on you, my man. if you commit, you can do it sooner than later.
>>
File: board.png (123KB, 779x554px) Image search: [Google]
board.png
123KB, 779x554px
>>970265
I got you.

I also got the grip tape for free off the site so I guess i'll give it a shot.
>>
If you are thinking of travelling to LOVE, please don't, let the locals who skate there every day skate in peace, they deserve it after dealing with the cops for 15+ yrs.

I can only imagine the amount of Cali kooks who are going to stink the place out at the weekend to get dem NBD's. Fuck the Berrics and fuck skateboarding.
>>
>>970302
I get you.
>>
>>970302

It'd be cool to see new tricks down the gap, but i agree.if berra wanted to put a contest on he should've gone for permits like Thrasher does. It's a shame that the mayor has done a good thing for the philly locals and they can finally skate in peace, and now the berrics has ruined it.
>>
Reminder, the greatest skate videos ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o-XNxCs26Y
>>
>>970271
$60 is a lot for a deck. What website are you on??
>>
File: IMG_20160207_211629.jpg (173KB, 837x837px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160207_211629.jpg
173KB, 837x837px
Started learning how to skate last year, one of the best things I have gotten into. Any info on the new balance shoes? I hear they're pretty nice. Pic related, just started to throw tricks down a little set, fun as fuck.
>>
>>969866
>and as always its all in the shoulders

I've never heard anything about the shoulders being I've involved

Nice shot btw
>>
>>970201
>stationary ollie
Do it while rolling, trust me FS/BS 180 are a lot easier while you are in motion.
>>
>>970414
He might be a Canuck, it's more expensive up there.
>>
File: 77402.jpg (106KB, 615x461px) Image search: [Google]
77402.jpg
106KB, 615x461px
How do i improve my skate to use it as a form of transport in the city?

Even when hanging out with my friends, we have to walk a very long distance. I see it as a nice chance to cruise a bit, but most of the pavement looks like pic related in my city, and the skate doesn't work properly.
>>
>>970622
Nice, pop shuv?
>>
>>970880
Soft wheels would definitely help
>>
>>970271
those are bigass wheels mate, i wouldn't go over 54 for street skating, and i'd try to get closer to 52
>>
>>970880
The rougher the surface the more you benefit from larger and/or softer wheels.
>>
>>970346
meh
>>
File: tmp_12129-images(2)-2023598928.jpg (6KB, 241x209px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_12129-images(2)-2023598928.jpg
6KB, 241x209px
>>965998

What if it snowed in San Fransisco?
>>
>>971061
it would be extremely inconvenient
>>
>>971074
for you
>>
>>970622
https://youtu.be/YCV5ppS-MBA
>>
>>970346
fucking love it
>>
>>970880
get a cruiser
and not some wack-ass pennyboard shit
>>
how do you guys make a living?
finished high school like 6 months ago and im so fucking lost i got no idea what to do in life
basically got no other hobbies/interests other then skate life so work sounds like a nightmare
>>
>>971348
I suck dicks
>>
>>971348
Dishwashing
>>
>>971348
I sell weed
>>
>>971348
trash man
>>
>>971348
Janitorial services
>>
>>971348
taxi driver
>>
>>971348
flip burgers
>>
>>971348
i work immigration
>>
>>971348
I live on welfare
>>
>>971348
I work for my dads landscaping company, pays great. Always got some spare cash for a new deck when needed.
>>
>>971348
i'm you
i'm a prep cook at a pub
>>
File: faggotheel.gif (4MB, 405x298px) Image search: [Google]
faggotheel.gif
4MB, 405x298px
>>971357
got bucked day one
>>971371
got on welfare myself but got kicked off due to not intending job consing meeting
>mfw they kicked me off the team
>>
>>971348
>>971366
this
>>
>>971348
freelance copywriter but i live with my gf who is a web designer and she makes 90% of our money
>>
>>970414
>>970848
Confirmed canuck. Everything is fucking expensive up here.
>>
>>970898
I've always been a fan of bigger wheels, I like how smooth they roll.
>>
File: P1000038.jpg (1MB, 3648x2736px) Image search: [Google]
P1000038.jpg
1MB, 3648x2736px
>>969845
try turning ur back foot inward like your doing sw fs 180 also put ur back foot on the side of the tail like you do for a fs shove if you wanna pop it high doe dont flick immediately try to delay the flick a bit
>>971527
lucky to bad i got no game except in a game of skate
>>
>>969623

Why?
>>
>>970414
>>971594
Also, I would go to Michigan for the cheaper price but our dollar is only worth 72 cents compared to the american dollar.
>>
>>971605
Me too, they feel great
>>
>>971348
grocery store
pays shit
>>
I'm so close to land treeflip now but I need to handle all my debts at university to not get expelled.
>>
>>971789
wow, I was reading that thinking there was a " I have trouble catching the board" took a totally different turn. I feel you bruh, I sold my car to pay for uni. Which ended up being great because I just skate everywhere now.
>>
>>971834
>>971789
how do you even go into debt
>>
>>971890
Student loans
>>
Any other Pro's who have a similar "charge the spot" style?
https://youtu.be/xZ8kumHKij0
>>
>>972202
Jon Dickson has a good aggressive style.
>>
>>972202
omar salazar
brandon westgate
gilbert crockett
>>
really wish they'd release these things at reasonable hours

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBrA7ZjPwes/

BUT HYPE HOT DAMN
>>
>>970895
Thanks anon and yep, working on front side shuvs now they feel super awkward down sets.
>>
File: borased.png (54KB, 1188x324px) Image search: [Google]
borased.png
54KB, 1188x324px
>>967039
this anon again
Im about to pull the trigger, but im not sure if the deck is too plain
I like it plain but it still seems like it might be good with something else

idk what though
>>
>>972571
make her have a talk bubble saying "Kawaiiiiii ~"
>>
File: fgdfr.jpg (924KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
fgdfr.jpg
924KB, 1920x1080px
>>972571
>>972578
I was also thinking about scrapping the whole meme for a gondola board

but i figure since it wont last forever gondola will be my next deck
>>
File: getbuck.gif (3MB, 305x220px) Image search: [Google]
getbuck.gif
3MB, 305x220px
>>972202
>forrest edwards
>>
>>971789
I hope you pull through bro.
>>
>>972391
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GFIXrybfKg
Hell yeah man.
>>
>>972571
I like it plain too. Don't do this>>972578 it'll ruin it

>>972586
It's a really hard choice. I'd probably pick gondola

Good luck
>>
>>972678
http://www.thrashermagazine.com/articles/videos/jaws-vs-the-lyon-25/
>>
>>971789
wow what a REEEtard
>>
>>966714
If you are a so cal skate rat then you should know fucking better than to block any part of the park with your stupid ass.

Only retarded little kids and scooter fags sit on park obstacles where I'm from.
>>
>>972790
>that shit would not fly in my park
>>
>>972202

That looks like a big ass deck and wheels. What does he ride?
>>
So now the jaws footy is out, what does everybody think?

My thoughts, Jaws is insane. He didn't use a roll in, he just used the spot. It's obvious he has to grab too. Dissapointed with boulala's interview now, jaws didn't kook it at all.

Thrashers video is awful. Who the fuck brings champagne to a spot? That redneck dude yelling ruined it, and he ruined the footy by running into the shot before jaws fully rolled away. It's so jocky and bro-ey it spoils it. It's skateboarding not the superbowl. So cheesy. I was expecting a U-S-A chant to break out.

The youtube comments make me embarrassed to be a skateboarder.

Definately a fan of jaws now though. Guy took some insane hits but kept hucking himself. Respect.
>>
>>972897

I don't even look at comments on yt vids anymore, the revive/braille fans refuse to stay in their lane and chat their kooky bullshit on every skate related video now. Crying over a skate trick, really?
>>
>>964274

What the fuck does go early or go burly mean
>>
>>972897
Yet he still getting hate, anyone who throws themselves down the Lyon set should get some respect. It's 14 feet 9 inches tall by 22 feet long, that fuckin scary.
>>
>>972871
Looks like 8.5 for sure. Don't know about wheels, maybe 54-56
>>
>>973011

People aren't hating on the trick itself, they are hating on how it's been done.
>>
>>973062
...which was with Jaws wearing pads underneath his clothes. And I don't mean elbow and shin pads.
>>
>>972897
I don't care.Yeah it's sick and take balls to do it.
But personaly I don't like this kind of skating imho it's exremely stupid and pointless to put youself in such danger I'd prefer to see some technical tricks on smaller stairs and gaps.But it is only my opinion, maybe I just don't get it Hamokifans don't be mad.
>>
>>971348
go 2 college m8
meet some fly chicas and skater bros
get an education while you're doing it

come out with a piece of paper that tells employers you went to college.

Give yourself a 1% edge over the competition.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJtNQmoJVbA
>>
>>972897
>He didn't use a roll in, he just used the spot. It's obvious he has to grab too.
What? I only saw that Thrasher video. Am I missing something?
>>
Jaws sucks but that shit was Gnarly as fuck. respect to the dude.

He seems to naive to realise he's stunk the set up though. This shit is either phelp's or birdmans fault.

Clint Walker can fuck off though, i bet french fred and ali were wetting their pants at watching clint turn a cool trick into the ending of the mighty ducks movie.
>>
>>973327

when Ali said roll in, people were expecting something like at the wallenberg bust n bail.
>>
Fuck Jaws, fuck his mediocre tranny skating, and fuck his DUDE BIG GAPS LMAO gimmick.
>>
>>973335
>>
>He seems to naive to realise he's stunk the set up though. This shit is either phelp's or birdmans fault.
What does this mean

>>973388
This feels like a repost
>>
>>971348
lol are these replies for real? are you all fuckups living on minimum wage?
>>
>>973498
Better than being a neet
>>
>>973506
not really.

I have nothing against NEETdom.
>>
>>973510
I hated being a neet
I hate working minimum wage too tho so I guess I can't win
>>
>>973660
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byXKpRKc-Jo
>>
>>973488
Definitely a repost
>>
>>973340
yeah reading the interview I thought they brought in a ramp or something. that wasnt the case.
>>
File: image.jpg (45KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 300x300px
>>967039
>triggered
>>
>>967271
Bones STFs > every other fucking companies
>>
>>972903
>I don't even look at comments on yt vids anymore, the revive/braille fans refuse to stay in their lane and chat their kooky bullshit on every skate related video now

it's the opposite really. Bakerboys and berrics fans shit talk enjoi, elephant skateboards, shredquarters, mike v, braille, tony hawk, rodney mullen, etc. If you do a trick that doesn't count for a Berrics^TM game of skate its not a " real trick". If you post a video of you having fun with friends they accuse of trying to pose as the greatest skater of all time and say come back when you do those tricks over a gap like jaws.
>>
>>972935
go early = best time for noobs / chill skate is off peak hours, typically early mornings for most parks
go burly = if your going at peak / crowded hours prepared not to be a pansy.
>>
>>973725
Baker boys? Kek
Those guys promote skating and having fun with your friends.
>>
File: handshake.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
handshake.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>973741
>>
>>973747
talking about the fans, they constantly shit talk anything that's not a big stair set.
>>
>>973660
I was a NEET for 3 years, it was hard.
Sometimes I had to wood glue a broken deck and make it last.
>>
File: Jaws Lyon 25.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Jaws Lyon 25.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>
>>973775
Proof? Because that sounds like street league fags.
>>
>>973498
yep
>>
>>973335
>birdman
I lol'd
>>
>>973779
Doesn't count his hand touched the floor, this shit would not fly in my park
>>
>>973847
preach brother, preach
>>
>>973847
this
>>
>>973779
I can barely do a 5 stair, a 25 set would shatter my ankles
>>
>>973335
>he's stunk the set up though
what does this mean
>>
>>973869
I'm guessing it's because he did some grab variation down the "holy" Lyon set. And in today's modern skating, grabs aren't a real trick even though Natas made them popular in the 80's.
>>
http://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2016/02/08/ali-boulala-on-losing-his-25-stair-legacy-to-jaws/

>

And before he started trying it on the last day I was standing up there, talking to him. And I asked if he was going for the “grab” and he was like, “Yeah I think so,” and then at that point I was actually for the first time feeling something like ahh man.. Because deep inside I was kind of hoping that he would go for the regular ollie. I don’t know. Of course it’s just as hard, but it is kind of a different trick you know? Like I said, I was hoping that he would just try to ollie it because in the end it’s two different tricks. But who am I to tell someone what they can or can’t do? But hey – he rolled away from it and I didn’t so…
>>
>>973892
Yeah he's salty asf
>>
>>968666
>vx2k
>not vx1k
Dude you were fucked from the start
>>
>>973892
he's being such a fucking baby about it, it's actually pretty pathetic. he failed, jaws succeeded. he's jealous and upset someone stole his legacy based on a failure.
>>
File: 1449729985110.jpg (54KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1449729985110.jpg
54KB, 1280x720px
>usually only ride at night because of my job
>have a day off and it's great outside, decide to ride around the hills in my neighborhood
>practicing my manuals because I'm a scrub and hardly know how to do anything else
>get one going for longer than i expected
>lose balance
>board shoots from beneath me and i bust my ass like never before
>wrist hurts
>elbow hurts
>looking straight up at the sun fighting back the agony
>some kids show up from the corner of my eye
>one of them helps me up and another one hands me my board
>tells me i'm pretty good
>they take turns riding the board while i take a breather and offer what little advice i can

I knew skateboarding was a great way to meet people, but damn. I have ice on my wrist, from what I understand it's just sprained.

When's the last time you ate shit, /esg/? How did it play out?
>>
>>973901
sorry for filming at night
sorry
sorry
>>
>>973874
speaking of Natas, I was just watching Speed Freaks. Considering Rubbish Heap came out the same year...dudes, watch Speed Freaks and I mean watch the whole thing. Jim Thiebaud's and Natas' parts are diamonds.
>>
File: IMG_20160210_202406233.jpg (884KB, 1832x1192px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160210_202406233.jpg
884KB, 1832x1192px
>>973911
>When's the last time you ate shit, /esg/? How did it play out?
When i've started learning how to go down ramps some months ago.

At the end of the ramp I was putting my weight back. After falling 4 times my wrists fucking hurted and hit my quadriceps on the floor hard. My leg still hurts.

However i've learned it and learned to drop. Some kids at the park also helped me.

Next step is dropping from Pic Related. I think i'll wait a bit desu.

>Riding at night
Pic related was also my first night at the park. Now i only go there at nights and stay till like 3am with friends. The night is the most awesome think ever.
>>
>>974026
>i only go there at nights and stay till like 3am with friends. The night is the most awesome think ever

sounds awesome
>>
>>973983
Natas in Wheels of Fire is great. I think overall its the best earliest skate video its better than Bones Brigade 1-3.
>>
>>973911

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V04FU0BTP80

>going fast downhill like my hero Omar Salazar
>weaving in and out of sidewalks and ditches
>busy intersection at the end of the street
>start slowing down by a bunch of dead leaves
>didn't realize there was a clump of wet leaves underneath
>come to a sudden full-stop, go flying face-first
>land with both hands out (bad) but manage to lean my right shoulder and roll my torso (good), legs go spinning like a rag doll, twisting my lower back, and scraping my knee badly
>little shaken but get up and start to go
>see a car across the intersection headed towards me
>he stops at the light so i stop
>green light but he just stands there
>i wait for a few seconds
>he makes a left turn signal
>can't go, so i just stand there waiting for him to go
>he's acting like i'm blocking his way even though i'm right next to the curb and the street is two cars wide. there's plenty of room.
>he starts backing up for whatever stupid reason
>cars behind him start honking at him
>i start laughing
>he gets mad so he floors the car straight at me, jumps the curb, and swerves the car in front of me
>dude behind me says "what the fuck? you just gonna run him over?!?"
>driver thinks i said that and yells "No, I'm not gonna run you over. I'm gonna fuck you up—with my FISTS." He repeats that over and over as he gets out of the car and runs toward me
>he acts like i'm supposed to be scared of him, like he's gonna chase me off and i'm supposed to run
>i just stand there, glaring at him, not saying a word. don't want to be a tough guy, driver is a huge african dude. i'm just a hundred pound skellybone manlet and my knee's all fucked up
>he gets all up in my face and yells "I DON'T GIVE A FUCK. GET OFF THE FUCKING ROAD. I DON'T GIVE A FUCK. YOU SHOULD BE ON THE FUCKING SIDEWALK. I DON'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT YOU. I'M GONNA FUCK YOU UP WITH MY FISTS."
>he repeats that over and over like he has mental illness or something
>>
>>972245
>>972267
>>972619
Thanks
>>972871
Definitely a big boy board. 8.5 with 54mm wheels
>>
>>974090

>finally, i say: "Alright. Let's go. Fuck me up with your fists." Trying not to laugh.
>he looks confused for a second then he says "NO, YOU GO"
>i start cracking up
>then the dude behind me says to him "Are you my driver? Can we just go?"
>right when they are about to leave i go around the car, take my board, smash both his passenger side windows, and get the fuck out of there on the wrong side of the street so he can't chase me
>escape succesfully. i'll probably never go back to that area ever again
>>
>>973488

Maybe either Jake Phelps, owner of thrasher magazine, a popular west coast publication, or Tony Hawk, owner of birdhouse skateboards, pushed Jaws to do it because it would be just so super swell and totally awesome!!!! but really because they want to sell magazines/birdhouse videos.

I mean look at him when he first meets Ali, Boulala is death-staring him but the kid is clueless. Looks like my 2yr old nephew when you give him a toy.
>>
>>973725

Berrics fans = Revive/Braille fans
>>
>>974137
Thanks, that's helpful, but what do you mean by "[he] stunk the set up"?
>>
>>974037
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51Uw-9lNl08
>>
>>974144

If you're going to skate an infamous spot, you've got to at least one up the skater who made it famous.
Should've ollied or not bothered.
>>
>>974167
should have firecrackered it
>>
>>974170

That would've been rad. somebody call Beagle
>>
>>974167
Is it cause grabbing it is easier than ollie or is ollieing stairs sort of a tradition? (I'm obviously a noob to skating)
>>
>>974177

Iit's easier to land stuff down big sets if you grab.

It's all subjective though man, if you think it's the best thing ever good for you. It's just not for me.
>>
File: boner.jpg (83KB, 639x1136px) Image search: [Google]
boner.jpg
83KB, 639x1136px
It came in and I can't fucking ride it until the snow goes away. Torture.
>>
>>974200

Deck looks rad man, get yourself to an indoor park
>>
>>974177
grabs are considered passe

they're only cool if you're doing a boneless while simultaneously rolling up
a) to a 20 stair
b) a joint
c) your trousers

grabs are way harder than ollies and as we all know, if you're trying, you're trying too hard
>>
>>974204
Thanks mane, and there isn't any indoor parks within 1 hour of my house. I live in small town southern ontario so our towns aren't a whole lot.
>>
>>974200
Lovely, Toy Machine is one of my favorites.
>>
>>974237
Yeah it's the first board where I put some real money into finding a nice one I like. Even though it'll get probably get thrashed up over some time.
>>
Shut the fuck up about circus tricks in France, new Lee Yankou footy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daiE45j-7m0
>>
>>973779
Short grab, don't see the hate.
>>
Freestyle skating doesn't get mentioned half as much as it should. I love the entertainment factor of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pk8dy4NIzBU
>>
>>974262
Hate the quality on Youtube, looks so much cleaner on DVD.
Also this is better, imo.
https://youtu.be/JVGgqvsz3qA
>>
File: McCrank.gif (2MB, 400x210px) Image search: [Google]
McCrank.gif
2MB, 400x210px
>>974251
Yankou and McCrank are my favorite Canadians.
>>
>>965363
>>968468
Reverse Google image search leads to all kinds of print-on-demand merchanside for sale.

It's originally Engrish from some kind of Chinese shirt, so it probably isn't even meant to be edgy. I bet there are little kids and grandmas who go around wearing this shirt and not knowing what it means.
>>
>>974278
True, I like this one way more. I always remember the first one because of that fucking board between the legs trick. After watching the skate videos I had on VHS as a kid, watching them on youtube doesn't do them full justice of the quality because people upload in like 480p
>>
>>974200
Great setup. What kind of trucks are those?
>>
>>974349
Thanks buddy. They're speed demon trucks, I didn't have enough to buy new ones and they came with my old complete. They're not that beat up so fuck it.
>>
>>974137
>owner of thrasher magazine

he's the chief editor

>>974037
nah man, wheels of fire was pretty generic. The real street part of Natas was two years later, Streets of Fire, and not the one you 'll find in youtube billed as his part, but the real street part, with the spin and all.
But watch Speed freaks, he has a trick there, won't spoil it, but if you see it, now that you have a perception of timelines, it will leave you bald.
>>
>>974262
>>974278
this doesn't count as freestyle however.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRoKY02suiE&index=15&list=LLCB4Yc3CSwQ7wDMgZF1Dc4A
>>
>>974143
I mean there is going to be some overlap since they are both 21st century skateboard media but I don't think the fan bases are the same. Revive and Braille are more rookie friendly, teaching people to skate,and just being goofy while the berrics is more of homage to shredders and tech guys from the 00's and the people who want to skate like them. I mean I haven't hung out with younger people and shit in a few years so maybe the fanbases have merged over the years but at least from when I was watching the berrics get big in the early years they were a much different vibe from what shredquarters & friends is now.
>>
>>974388
True, I thought about that after I posted. It's more technical skateboarding.
>>
>>974391
my good man, freestyle is the uterus of technical skateboarding.

What Gou Miyagi does is being an individual on a skateboard. Some may like it, some may not, but they can skate however they like.
>>
Remember me guys? I popped my knee like 3 threads ago.

It finally "healed" (I can walk normally, no limps) but it kinda still hurts to bend.

Tried to ollie and fucked myself up. Yay.
>>
how do you feel when you see people skating in nike, adidas, and now new balance shoes?
>>
kek, do you know this guy? he comments on almost all skate videos in youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoqYtxP947s
>>
>>974430
Complete disappointment with Nike.
Adidas and NB don't bother me too much, but it's not my place to tell someone how to spend their own money.
>>
>>974430
Nike makes some nice skate shoes. Don't hate.
>>
>>974443
why does nike bother you and not the others?
>>
>>974430
If i notice that i feel like i'm wasting too much time caring about what other people wear.

There was even a guy with social shoes at the park a time ago. And he was kicking ass
>>
>>974442
He has a fun style.
>>
>>974430
shoes are shoes friend
I've been weaing DC all my skate life and I just picked up some addidas cuz im on an addias kick right now.

They're way better than I expected, not as positive as a pair of DC's but very grippy.

tl:dr who cares mate
>>
>>974430
when I see Nikes, I always want to tell something to the person and I always notice them, but I am not always sure they will understand and don't want to be the skatepark padre.
>>
>>974448
Never liked Phil Knight, he's a piece of shit for a human being.
>Underpaying workers
>Dangerous working zones for Indonesian and Vietnamese workers.
>illegal sweat shops with underage children working for 25 cents or less

There's more but I don't want to seem like a crying SJW.
>>
>>974477
Also Phil Knight will be stepping down soon so maybe things will change.
>>
>>974477
>implying you said little
>implying pointing out wrongs is something to be ashamed of and considered the same as complaining

in what logic?
>>
thoughts on krux trucks?
>>
>>974524
Surprisingly good for the price.
>>
>>974524
some of them have holes in the middle
>>
i have the following decks -
>baker
>heroin
>quasi
>welcome

which one do i skate next m8s
>>
>>974548
Baker/DW and Herion are the same quality, really strong and made in the USA.
Never skated Quasi.
Currently skating a Welcome board, 8.25 Son of Moontrimmer shape. So far it's great, takes a hour to get used to.
>>
>>974548
Heroin
>>
>>974548
Try a Quasi
>>
>>974467
Hell yea, DC all day. A lot of people dislike them but i'm in love with them.
>>
Who is the best female skater?
>>
>>974738
Lizzie has a nice booty
>>
>>974738
nora is the cutest :3
>>
>>974750
She seems like a bitch, cute ass though
>>
>>974738
marisa dal santo erryday
>>
>>974659
their thinner shoes are the best I've ever had
they're not comfy but they're extremely positive
>>
Newwww thread pls, I'm too afraid to do it.
>>
>>974822
you gotta comit dude
>>
>>974822
here you go anon

NEW >>974896
NEW >>974896
NEW >>974896
NEW >>974896
>>
>>974430
that shit wouldn't fly in my park
Thread posts: 339
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.