[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is archery a legit sport? I've been looking into it for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: English accent.gif (1MB, 296x160px) Image search: [Google]
English accent.gif
1MB, 296x160px
Is archery a legit sport?

I've been looking into it for a while and I'd love to join a club and give it a try, but then I hear people talk about how it's a thing for rednecks and neckbeards who've overdosed on fantasy-shit. Looked up some videos, and that honestly didnt help wash away my insecurity. I'm somewhat neckbeard-y myself, and I really don't want to make a fool of myself and strengthen the stereotype. Is archery really as "dorky" as those people make it seem?
>>
No way, man. Like you said, archery is only for rednecks. All those people competing for medals in the Olympics? Rednecks. All of them. Even the ones from Korea.
>>
1. Could I go to my local archery school and ask to be taught the Lars Andersen technique? would they say yes, or would they be like
> Lars shit, he not real archery

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEG-ly9tQGk

I'm sure this girl has good technique but it's just so slow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVjdzax519A

2. Could I get a light wooden bow like Lars? I looked at the archery school's website but all they had were these giant heavy metal bows.
>>
>>859231

They're probably not going to teach you trick shooting. Going to a conventional archery club and asking to learn Lars stuff is like going to a shooting range and asking to learn the stunts from Equilibrium.
>>
>>859280
Where can I learn trick shooting then? I want to do the stuff that Lars does, not stand 500 meters from a target and try to hit it
>>
>>859302

Step one is to get competent at actual archery. No point shooting fast if you can't hit your target even with time to aim.
>>
>>859311
Okay ...

I guess I'll sign up for beginner lessons at the archery school and report back
>>
>>858413
try >>>/out/ we often have nice archery threads there.
>>
>>859316
Fuck off, I didn't ask for /out/'s advice
>>
>>859313
Your local SCA can set you up with supplemental instruction for free. Definitely go to the archery school, though, more instruction/practice is better.
>>
>>859316
The /out/ thread seems to be oriented more towards survival and the hunting aspect of archery. I'm honestly more interested in the target practice-side, rather than survival or 420nostring trickshots.
>>
>>859672
Thats just the current one, normally it is just an archery general, hunting, bow making, and target practice are in the same thread. The archery cummunity of 4chan is not that big, and it turend out that the threads on /out/ had better feedback than on /asp/.
And sicne theis board became man-drama special it is likely even more so.
>>
>>859681
Alright, then I'll stick around and perhaps take a look at the archive too. Thanks, Anon.
>>
File: 1282627946651.jpg (56KB, 544x400px) Image search: [Google]
1282627946651.jpg
56KB, 544x400px
So, can a absolute beginner start with a composite type bow?

I really want something like: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Composite_bow
>>
>>858710
Korean rednecks are the worst
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.