[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Airsoft as a training for a real weapon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: soosowo.jpg (15KB, 290x174px) Image search: [Google]
soosowo.jpg
15KB, 290x174px
Hi /k/, I'm wondering if you can recommend some good ASGs that would be adequate for future possesion of real weapon?
>>
2/10, got me to reply
>>
head to /asp/ and ask.
far as I remember though, Systema and Real sword are the most realistic ones
>>
>>758811
What do you mean?
>>
>>758813
He's politely saying "fuck off with your airshit"
>>
>>758812
Thanks! Approximately what price ranges are both?
>>
>adequate for future possesion of real weapon
No such thing with Airsofts, still fun tho
>>
>>758810
As an airsoft player i can tell you that there is little you can learn about real guns from airsoft. It can be used as a tool for force on force training, as a cheap alternative to simmunition, but that's about it.
>>
Go away
>>
>>758810
>>>/toy/
>>>/asp/
>>
>>758810
Airsoft is a great way to develop bad habits and make yourself on average more difficult to train in anything that has to do with firearms or movement with firearms. People who self train with real weapons are bad enough.
>>
File: gross_motor_skills_reload.webm (510KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
gross_motor_skills_reload.webm
510KB, 640x360px
I did airsoft with a semi serious club at my university for a few years. The club was run by some ROTC and a navy vet. It was good for picking up squad tactics and formations, but the guns were nothing like the real thing. The mag release and bolt release are in the same spots, maybe, but the weight is usually way off.

tl;dr airsoft can be a fun hobby for innawoods with bros, but it won't be good for weapons training.
>>
>>758810

>>758817
This
>>758820
This
>>758821
And this.

I'm an airsoft player too, and /k/ will never get me to give it up, but it doesn't do much in terms of training unless you can get a large group of serious dudes to play it with.

There are some milsim events like lion claws that might be of interest to you. Those are the only events worth considering.
>>
Very limited yes. Your range is going to be severely restricted, and you will need separate training to understand that cover for airport is usually concealment when live.
>>
>>758810
MODS
MODS
MODS
PLZ MODS
>>
Inexpensive electric guns (AEGs) are great fun and run full auto. They are about $150. I would not get the expensive ones for a first gun.

The Green gas (propane) gas blowback pistols are sort of realistic too.

But airsoft is mostly good for learning how not to shoot yourself in the face and to practice safe gun handling techniques. Of course for playing army and all that too.

In the winter I can also shoot airsoft in the basement when it is too cold to go out shooting real steel.
>>
>>758815
i only know systema as beeing 1k+$
>>
>>758815
Don't touch systema. Or anything expensive. Get one of the new g&g combat machines. Like these ones
http://www.evike.com/search/?search_in_description=1&sort=3a&keywords=Cm16&x=0&y=0

The cm16 series is excellent considering the price. Do yourself a favor and get the newest model you can find.
>>
At extremely close range, maybe. But then you might as well just have plastic guns and say "Bang bang" when you come face to face with another person in an indoor environment.

Anything beyond 30ft or doing rapid fire will be too different from real firearms to be useful experience. Other than just practicing to move in terrain holding a gun. It's fun for goofing around, but not really that practical.
>>
A good workable AEG will run say $150 to maybe $200 not on sale.

Gas blowback pistols are $100+.
Don't get a CO2 gun. Get a propane adapter and shoot green gas guns for almost free.

http://www.airsplat.com/airsoft-innovations-propane-adapter-ver5.html
>>
>>758827
If you wanna have a good time, go to a local field, forum, asp, or maybe the airsoft subreddit.

Don't buy any gun that can't feed from King arms midcaps. Not high caps. MID CAPS.
>>
>>758829
Font shop from airsplat would be better advice.

And OP, trust me, DONT FUCKING BUY GAS GUNS. GET AN AEG.

Gas guns arnt always bad but they are always expensive and fiddly. Untill you've sunk 500 bucks in other guns, don't tough gas guns
>>
>>758831
*don't shop

Asgi and evike are the only online airsoft retailers you should trust as a new player.
>>
>>758831

I was thinking of the gas pistol for that realism thing. But yes, for pure shotting things up the AEGs rule!!! I have an old $99 China thing that has lasted for years and is still Hella fun!! People give me shit for bring it shooting real steel but then they all want to shoot it too cause dat full auto.

BTW - Try to get as high a FPS rating as you can unless you are going to be shooting at people in airsoft games. For cans and boxes, higher FPS is really nice.
>>
I feel like airsoft is good for a few things. You get better at moving without being seen, and spotting guys that are hiding. It also teaches you what does and doesn't work in terms of gear selection and placement since you're running, crouching, and diving for hours on end, as well as doing mag changes while getting shot at.
>>
>>758834
This is all true. And it's just dumb fun.

Don't really know why /k/ gets so triggered by it but whatever.
>>
>>758810
>not owning real guns
>not using paint ball so you don't have bad habits when using the real thing

Airsoft is a good way to create a shitbag. Just paint ball like the rest of us white trash
>>
The only upside in terms of "real world" (and I use that term VERY loosely) applications from airsoft is maybe you get used to wearing a chest rig/PC/Battle belt or pulling magazines from pouches.
>>
>>758810
Holy shit the mods are retarded.
Oh well.
Nothing we can do about that.
>>
>>758836
NIGGER
>>
>>758836
>white trash

well said, the whole fucking sport is slowing down now. I'm into archery now, recurve FTW.
>>
>>758824
>>758851
>smoganimugril.webm
>>
i fucking love airshit guns, own thousands of dollars worth of them, and work in the industry

however they make you awful at using real firearms 90% of the time. AEGs don't recoil, you can get away with slapping the fuck out of GBB triggers, and even the heaviest ones are way lighter than real steel.

IF you shoot real steel semi often and can run drills with gas blowback rifles with the understanding of the realistic limitations they hold then they CAN be useful. However you have to know what you're doing for the practice to be at all helpful. They basically supplement dry practice that you would otherwise do with real firearms.

They are also very useful for force on force shit but again you need to be training with people who actually know what they're doing for it to matter. Going and dicking around with wannabes who watched a couple magpul videos (most of us) is basically just going to teach you terrible weapon handling and manipulation habits.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.