[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would Macho Man have survived the Attitude Era? Would he have thrived?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 8

File: rock vs macho.jpg (313KB, 1909x940px) Image search: [Google]
rock vs macho.jpg
313KB, 1909x940px
Would Macho Man have survived the Attitude Era? Would he have thrived?
>>
He would've gotten Godfather's gimmick desu
>>
He was based as fuck in WCW until the knee injury + over-roiding killed his ability.

But even his 1999 re-invention of himself was good.

Would've been a great traditionalist foil to its rebellious faces.
>>
File: tumblr_msmrg7rGf11rkf4k0o1_1280.jpg (141KB, 642x722px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_msmrg7rGf11rkf4k0o1_1280.jpg
141KB, 642x722px
>>2738805
Macho was around during the Attitude Era. He'd have done just fine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYbMo9MH8-U&t
>>
>>2738820
>Macho was around during the Attitude Era
>WCW
>Attitude era

25+
>>
He could have taken Triple Pauls role as an authority figure and been the one to fuck Steph
>>
>>2738805
Macho's pissed Big Sexy stole his whore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nY8yZOG8V3w
>>
>>2738812
So dumb claiming "roids" killed his ability.

No the wear and tear of wrestling for 2 decades + age + tearing his ACL in 1998 is what slowed him down.

So when he returned from his ACL injury he relied more on his personality + look + valets.
>>
>>2738825
He was in a different company during same time as Attitude Era. I guess you weren't old enough to see WCW try to mimic Attitude Era.

>Macho was using profanity left, right and centre
>he tried to murder Nash with a hummer
>domestic abuse angle
>slapped Torrie
>was "well hung"

28+
>>
File: machopoop03.jpg (32KB, 330x280px) Image search: [Google]
machopoop03.jpg
32KB, 330x280px
>>2738820
Pimp Macho was pretty good
>>
File: tumblr_me8m22Eou31rxqftbo2_1280.jpg (114KB, 642x722px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_me8m22Eou31rxqftbo2_1280.jpg
114KB, 642x722px
>>
>>2738836
kill yourself wolfcuck
>>
>>2738832
>until the knee injury + over-roiding

Are you a fuckin' moron or something? How do you miss a part that came BEFORE the part that riled you up?
>>
>>2738875
>over-roiding
and he's claiming the other guys a moron

stupid reason
>>
>>2738881
>excessive showpony muscles don't have a negative effect on somebody's performance
>>
Could've been interesting to hear him cut AE promos, but I doubt he'd be OK with Ms. Elizabeth in certain angles I could see them trying during that time.
>>
>>2738906
They were long divorced by then. Don't even think they were even on-camera simultaneously after June 1998
>>
>>2738906
He cut AE promos in WCW during his 1999 run.
>>
>>2738884
Not when ability is already gone. If Macho came in small in 1999 it would not have worked as well if he came in big in that era. A big part of wrestling is looking the part.
>>
>>2738918
The excess mass clearly didn't help.

>le look meme

>>>/lgbt/
>>
Macho Man's biggest obstacle on the WWF was Hulk Hogan and he was on the WCW during the AE. Hell, the reason why Randy and Vince started to distantiate is because the stereoid scandal and Vince wanting to focus on younger slender talent, the New Generation, but after the scandal cool off, Vince didn't have problems bringing old washed up stars like Warrior and Jake The Snake Roberts. Maybe if Macho Man stick with the company a couple of years he could have a memorable send-off. To be fair, most probably he fucked underage Steph so Randy screwed Randy
>>
>>2738936
Savage pitched a 2-year long program with HBK in his last year or so with the WWF and Vince went "lol no".

It's one of the biggest factors in him jumping ship.
>>
>>2738940
Fuck that would have been GOAT
>>
>>2738825
>Vince and Paul have convinced their drones that they started the Attitude Era
>>
>>2739224
I guess history really is written by the victors... sad
>>
>>2738940
I know Vince only wanted Randy as a color commentator but ratings got so bad during the New Generation that I don't doubt Vince would allow Randy to getting in a feud with Bret or HBK and wrestle again.
>>
What's some Macho Kino from his WCW days? I was a Goldberg/La Parka/Raven mark when he was around and never watched much of his matches
>>
>>2739490
Im a huge macho mark, but his WCW stuff wasn't the best. Granted shit was a mess and I don't think he even cared much at this point
>>
>>2739490
His feud with DDP was good and that's about it. He was past his prime at that point and really got lost in the shuffle in the clusterfuck that was WCW.
>>
>>2739570
>DDP
Is that the match where Savage assaults the ref, drops the elbow on Page, then gets pissed there's no ref to count the pin? That was a hilarious oversight of WCW booking
>>
>>2739551

Eh the run of Savage and Hogan feuding for control of the NWO in spring 98 with Savage beating Sting at Spring Stampede and him and Nash forming the Wolfpack has been extremely underrated for years now. The fed trying to rewrite history like WCW only doing well because of the NWO being 3 guys in mid 96 and the Crusierweights has really distorted opinions on people who weren't watching back then.
>>
>>2739627
Completely agree. The Wolfpac was massively popular for the short period it was around. The business moved so quick back in those days. WWE last decade has felt like groundhog day.
>>
>>2739570
HIs 1999 run was awesome. Having great matches isn't be all end all.

I'd rather watch show with great characters, awesome promos, intriguing angles with rubbish to decent matches... than show with crap characters, shit promos, garbage angles & 5 star matches.
>>
>>2739627
I haven't watched WCW in a long time, but If my memory serves me correctly fans were getting really sick of NWO shinanigans by then. Which probably soured it for me even if macho man was involved
>>
>>2738805
yes
>>
>>2738857
Is that Molly Holly on the right?
>>
File: Lex-Luger-WWF.jpg (2MB, 2078x2311px) Image search: [Google]
Lex-Luger-WWF.jpg
2MB, 2078x2311px
>>2738805
An edgy Lex Luger probably would have been better if he was around the WWF during that time

Too me, Macho Man will always be that late 80s early 90s wacky superhero that I've always loved.
>>
>>2739797

>Memory

Fact would tell you, that you're wrong. The numbers prove otherwise. 1998 was WCW's most successful ever year in large due to nWo. WCW made more money than any other promotion in history that year at that point. Since then only been beaten by WWE in terms of profit on few occasions. Numbers prove nWo never got old until maybe nWo 2000 in December 1999 but even then you could debate it could've worked if the top heel Bret Hart and top babyface Goldberg didn't get injured in first week of reformation.

Savage vs. Hogan at Uncensored 1998 out performed like 9 of the 12 WWF PPV's Austin headlined that year.
>>
>>2740336
Yes. She was in WCW first as one of Macho's valets in Team Madness. She helped train his gf Gorgeous George for match with Lil Naitch Charles Robinson at Slamboree 1999, so Macho got her into WCW. She was called Mona/Miss Madness 1999.
>>
>>2740558
I was a huge dubya mark when I was a younger lad. How the fuck do I not remember her? Thanks for the knowledge anon.
>>
>>2739376
>Vince putting addressing failing ratings ahead of his ego

Not watched at any point since 2001 then?

>>2739627
Savage and Hogan weren't even having good matches in 1996 never mind 1998

>>2739731
1999 Savage wasn't part of intriguing angles either you strawmanning dumbfuck
>>
>>2738836
> well hung
well his brother is so it probably runs in the family
>>
>>2738836
>WCW try to mimic attitude era

You Never watched WCW obviously.

You realize wwf had to get edgy just to stay alive?
>>
>>2740620
>Savage and Hogan weren't even having good matches in 1996 never mind 1998
Your subjective opinion which I disagree with. Hogan & Savage had a great match on Nitro in July 1999 imo.
>1999 Savage wasn't part of intriguing angles either you strawmanning dumbfuck
again that is your subjective opinion which I disagree with. I was highly entertained by his feud with Ric Flair/Lil Natich, Kevin Nash, and Dennis Rodman. I wish the Team Madness faction with Sid Vicious lasted longer.

You fucking idiot.
>>
>>2740822
>mad because you have shit taste
>>
File: mach99.jpg (9KB, 181x206px) Image search: [Google]
mach99.jpg
9KB, 181x206px
1999 Macho Man would have been BASED as fuck during the Attitude era, especially against Austin or something. I remember he was cutting a promo on Hogan once and he had veins bulging out of his forehead and arms. He looked like a monster.
>>
File: torch.png (304KB, 935x646px) Image search: [Google]
torch.png
304KB, 935x646px
>>2740696
WTF are you talking about you absolute fucking moron? In 1999, WCW started to do more edgy stuff like the WWF since the risky WWF Attitude content formula was a winner. The fact I have post articles like this to educate you fucking dumb fucks grates on my let me tell ya.

And to think you claim I never watched WCW yet you're fucking clueless in regards to WCW 1999.
>>
>>2740843 You damn right.

Juiced to the gills Savage was fucking amazing in 1999. More charisma & personality than everybody in the biz combined today. His promos were insanely intense & entertaining. His look & theme music was on point. His valets were sexy. Team Madness was the shit. The only people who disagree are the geeky workrate marks or wannabe smarks who didn't watch WCW but parrot what they have seen workrate marks say in order to pretend like they know what they're talking about.
>>
There was a tag match I don't really remember where Hogan and Macho face against each other in WCW. I can't remember who their partners were. All I really remember was that Hogan was knocked down and was sitting against the ropes of Macho's corner. Macho then walks to Hogan and slaps the shit out of his bald spot and then walks back to his corner like nothing happened. It was hilarious as fuck. Does anyone else remember this?
>>
>>2740862
and put over DDP clean like the pro he is
>>
>>2740854
Nope.
> In 1995, Nitro introduced pyros, smoke, industrial themes and jumbotrons to monday night.
> Raw was a year or two behind on this.

> Nitro showed Jackie kicking men's asses on a weekly basis
> WWF followed up with Chyna

> WCW came up with nWo
> D-X was WWF's answer featuring their kliq members

> WCW has Goldberg
> WWF imitates it with Gillberg

> WCW started kayfabe breaking all the way back to Pillman/Sullivan angle, and continued by announcing WWF ahead of time and using more real names and real life inspired angles like Flair getting fired by Bischoff over Reid's wrestling tournament.
> WWF tried it a couple times with calling Goldust and Mankind using their real names, Jim Cornette rants, and Mark Mero calling Sal Sincere a "jobber" on live Raw, but mostly Attitude era was pretty true to kayfabe.

Bischoff wanted to make the show much more edgier, but Turner had stricter censors and S&P than USA did at the time.
>>
File: based mm.png (50KB, 344x345px) Image search: [Google]
based mm.png
50KB, 344x345px
BASED
>>
>>2740866
>Cuckterposting
>contradicting yourself
>invalidating your own argument too

You Lose.
>>
>>2740874
No idea what the fuck you point is supposed to be because you sure as hell have not debunked mine.

Like I said (I even posted Torch article from 99 to prove my point), WCW did get raunchier in in 1999, as a direct response to WWF's edgy content in order to compete. Turner having stricter censors and standards and practices is irrelevant because it didn't stop WCW pushing envelope and getting more raunchy as they attempted to mimic aspects of WWF TV under Bischoff and even more so later with Russo.
>>
>>2740870
DDP feud was in 1997

>>2740862
>-t. Wolfcuc
>>
Why does Wolfcuck worship WCW so much? WWF was better in everyway at it's peak
>>
>>2740884
The two defining aspects of the attitude era for me were kayfabe breaking and the harder, hipper, attitude wrestlers took on. Of course ECW started this in 1994 or so, but WCW was the first major promotion to give it a truly national audience. Bra and panty matches and Mae Young giving birth to a hand didn't really make the attitude era. It was just a side show like WWF had always been. WCW was serious business when Kevin Nash and Scott Hall started fucking shit up and blurring the lines between kayfabe and real life. That is when the attitude era really took off and the "New Generaton" fizzled out.
>>
>>2740874
You see this below

>>2740877
Just because WCW had stricter censors and S&P doesn't mean WCW did as they were told. I've read plenty of accounts where the booking committee lied/disregarded what S&P said or wrestlers straight up went into business for themselves.

Your whole logic that because WCW had S&P
that they didn't mimic aspects of Attitude Era in 1999, does not reflect the content WCW produced that year.
>>
>>2740891
Erm ok.

But what does that have to do with my point that WCW took aspects of WWF product and incorporate it into their own product in 1999?
>>
He would be HHH of the attitude era. Since he would be the one fucking steph
>>
>>2740889
I am someone else, but WCW and WWF had two different, distinct styles. One appeals to some and vice versa. Both were mainstream, well WCW was until late 1999 anyways, but it still had some pull in 2000. Personally, I preferred WCW and their roster throughout most of the MNW's.
>>
>>2740924
WWF had higher production values and was more consistancy edgy. It really hit the Linkin park/skater crowd.

WCW had lower production values and was more grimey. Not ECW levels of grime but it wasn't as polished as WWF was.

WWF was a girl with a nose ring but other wise a decent woman you could take home to Mum.
WCW was a girl with multiple tattoos and your Mum wouldn't approve of but wouldn't drag you away from
ECW was a crack whore who offered to kill your Mum
>>
>>2741502
Stop posting. This is complete shit and I don't think you were even alive during the MNW.
>>
>>2738857
Madusa is so hot
>>
>>2741533
Entirely accurate faggot.
>>
>>2738805
OOOOOHHH YEEEEEAAAAHHHH THE MACHO MANS GONNA FUCK YOUR ASS!
CUM ON MY FACE BROTHER!
>>
Wasn't Savage like 54 by the time he was in NWO?
>>
>>2742121
More like 44
>>
>>2738827
Possibly the first one to stick it to the chairman's daughter.
>>
>>2740874

>> WCW has Goldberg
>> WWF imitates it with Gillberg

that was a parody you retard, not an 'imitation' in the serious sense.
>>
>>2740889
Better how?

As soon as nWo came around, WCW was better than WWE til the day it died. WWE was always corny, predictable, repetitive, second rate nonsense. WCW had better wrestling, hotter girls, and more action. The only thing WWE had was nicer production value/direction/music.
>>
>>2740889
18+ you clearly weren't around to watch both live.
>>
>>2741502
>WWF had higher production values and was more consistancy edgy. It really hit the Linkin park/skater crowd.
hybrid theory wasn't released until 2000. the MNWs were basically over by then, wwf had clearly won. this point makes no sense. also skaters didn't listen to linkin park.
>WCW had lower production values and was more grimey. Not ECW levels of grime but it wasn't as polished as WWF was.
wcw had excellent production value, it was just more raw. it was made to feel more like an actual sporting event than vince's soap opera.
>WWF was a girl with a nose ring but other wise a decent woman you could take home to Mum.
wwf was much edgier than wcw, so this is bullshit
>WCW was a girl with multiple tattoos and your Mum wouldn't approve of but wouldn't drag you away from
confirmed for having never watched nitro or thunder live
>ECW was a crack whore who offered to kill your Mum
mildly accurate, but you never saw ecw live either. 18+
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.