[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is New Japan so much superior to everyone else right now?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 5

File: NJPW-Logo.png (76KB, 286x286px) Image search: [Google]
NJPW-Logo.png
76KB, 286x286px
Why is New Japan so much superior to everyone else right now? What's their secret?
>>
1) They trained great stars throughout the years in their dojo, which paid off long term
2) Good booking
3) They give their workers a lot of time to rest up between their big matches where they go all out, as opposed to WWE which milks and drains its workers day in and day out all year.
>>
>>2538809
There's only a few dozen matches difference between the WWE schedule and NJPW touring. It's vastly overstated.
>>
File: samefag.jpg (12KB, 266x190px) Image search: [Google]
samefag.jpg
12KB, 266x190px
>>2538799
>>2538499
>>
>>2538813
But 95% of the house show matches are big tag team matches where the bigger workers get maybe 5 minutes in the ring on average, if that. They don't have to drive across the entire United States and don't have as many mandatory dates as WWE does for shit like signings, meetups, etc.
>>
>>2538813
>few dozen matches
that's a lot of matches dude
especially when 75% of the New Japan touring matches are just light six man tags
>>
File: You tried.png (219KB, 1809x538px) Image search: [Google]
You tried.png
219KB, 1809x538px
>>2538817
(You) tried
>>
>>2538821
Have you ever been to a WWE house show? Only a handful of matches are anything but phoned-in filler.
>>
It's impressive that they can do so much more with so much less than WWE
>>
>>2538821
It might seem negligible, but it's far from it. There are way more dates on way more house shows across way bigger distances to travel and, as I mentioned, a lot of extra dates beyond that. Vince McMahon milks its workers in every single way and it's why he is and always has been very successful with wrestling.

If anything, I'm under-stating how much that matters.
>>
>>2538799
They paid an old hack with autism to shill his product and give them 6 star matches.
>>
>>2538853
I'm asking why they're superior, not why they have better ratings (although there might be a connection there)
>>
>>2538853
>/wwe/ marks this mad when Dave has been overrating Roman matches for over 2 years
>>
Because they paralyze their top stars.
>>
>>2538875
>Edge
>>
>>2538799
The rain in 5 and 6 stars matches.
>>
>>2538799
1. They use their roster more sporadically so people have time to rest up. This means when they do have big matches they can go all out.
2. They don't insult their audience with kids storylines.
3. They don't really care about keeping a heel/face divide. They still have those matches but you will just as easily see face vs face and heel vs heel matches.
>>
>>2538799
Because it doesn't insult the viewers with kiddy garbage or ''sports entertainment''
>>
>>2538813
NJPW workers get a week or two off between the 2-3 week tours. WWE guys get no scheduled time off ever
>>
>>2538799
Big Cummers
>>
Does NJPW have eternal part timers like Brock and the Undertaker that just show up 1-3 times a year?
>>
>>2540159
no
>>
>>2540159
Yeah, but even more common is the Goldberg position, where they only show up for the build up of one match (Sakuraba, the Gracies)
>>
>>2540159
Nah their old timers like Liger and Tiger Mask are usually in the opening tag matches to work with the young lions.
>>
>>2538799
it's crazy what happens when you put effort into having a good product
>>
>>2538821
I mean let's not avoid the obvious here. Japan is way the fuck smaller than the US.
>>
>>2538799
Selling much less merchandise than WWE and having their top star Okada act as valet to the Pope back in TNA.
>>
>>2538888
>top stars
>>
>>2538799
>What's their secret?
get a bunch of chinese guys and have them kick each other really hard. When one of them dies in the ring, just get a new chinese guy
>>
>>2538799
I wonder how much money the NJPW wreslers earn. It can't be that much since almost everyone jumps ship to the WWE.
>>
>>2538799
They let their talent go to Mexico where the fans call you a puto and make fun of your language/looks/style so they adapt to make their characters larger than anything.
>>
>>2540575
For a top guy, it has to be over 600,000 USD, since that was the offer AJ turned down to stay at TNA.
>>
>>2538831
Must have gone to some pretty bad house shows.
>>
File: 79l6xk0z3eny.png (368KB, 549x768px) Image search: [Google]
79l6xk0z3eny.png
368KB, 549x768px
>>
>>2540583
okada makes over 2 million but he is by far the highest paid
>>
>>2540605
Have to imagine Tanahashi is up there too
>>
>>2540583
That's a decent amount of money
>>2540605
Japan must be expensive as fuck, though.
>>
>>2538836
This

It's the booking and scheduling
>>
>has the best in house training program in wrestling

>wrestlers have far less expenses than in WWE, are usually transported show to show by NJPW, top talent have a lot of diners paid by sponsors, less of the "independent contractor" problems

>all foreign and most local talent work 3 weeks on 3 weeks off

>talent have way more control over their characters and matches

>more freedom to do what they want outside of NJPW
>>
>>2540254
So you mean its like it is supposed to be? Not letting old timers hold belts but letting them season young talent?
>>
>>2541089
Pretty much. Another reason why its the best promotion on the planet.
>>
>>2540575
>young lion tier
~$60,000

>lower Midcard tier
~$80,000-$100,000

>upper Midcard tier
~$150,000-300,000

>main event tier
~$350,000-500,000

>AJ Styles/Okada/Omega tier
~$550,000-700,000

>Legend Tier (Liger, Tiger Mask, etc)
~$750,000+

NJPW pays pretty well considering all travel and housing is paid and you're not a 1099 employee. But even though someone like AJ was making atleast 600,000, he's probably making double that in WWE.
>>
>>2541089
Are you implying that larger than life figures like Undertaker, Brock or Goldberg should be in some random tag team match at the beginning of RAW?
>>
>>2538799
Their matches have stories beyond le finisher spam that has taken over WWE. Every WWE match feels the same these days even with gimmicks.
>>
>>2542122
Japan treats their old gaurds differently. They're on the undercard working super light with the younger guys to help train them. They get a very steady paycheck, get to do what they love, and though they don't t have it in them to put on quality mainevent caliber matches, they can use their years of experience to help teach the next big stars. Maybe not Brock or Goldberg, but guys like Big Show, Kane, Foley, Flair, or Shawn Michaels would suit that kind of role perfectly. Would make better prelims than what we have now.
>>
Triple northern light suplex transitioning into armbar. The opponents bone snaps, breaking through his skin. Somehow he manages to crawl through his own blood and piss to get a finger to the ropes.

>silence punctuated by a rasping cough as one of the fans has misplaced his gay Asian pollution face mask

Avalanche burning hammer to the outside

>ripple of polite applause. Girl in front row takes a picture on her 17th generation AI nip smartphone

Corkscrew moonsault from a helicopter hovering 100ft above the stadium, falling through the roof, hitting an opponent on top of a jenga tower of solid oak tables, made by hand specially anointed sweat shop workers at a secret monastery-factory inside mnt. Fufi

>Silence, respectful bows.

I've seen hotter crowds at economics lectures desu.
>>
Without even comparing the actual shows, one can say that they actually present it like something you're supposed to watch, not begging you to change the channel with Michael Cole at his fakest telling you to watch a poorly made adult kids' show about 80s legends in a boy scout camp for 9.99 as the most generic rap song imaginable plays in the background and a bunch of people with I'm a hugger shirts sitting down for 3 hours.

Or watching a match and you can't see what's going on because the camera zooms in every time they hit one another and having 3 stooges scream about having fun because there's literally no meaning to the match other than "Canadian obese man / gay list-writing man / turban wearing man / etc. kicks out at 2" before losing to some PR breast cancer idol who shits in people's bags secretly and hasn't bled in a match in 10 years.

And all the while doubling down their SJW publicity by keeping someone who gave belts stained with the semen of a low life (who tricked people into calling Mexican police with a hoax) to people of all ages employed and getting another scandal about bullying before that one's even forgotten. Not to mention the New Day.

Then we can talk about the show.
>>
>>2542235
audible kek
>>
>>2542198
>not understanding Japanese crowds
>>
>>2542122
Nagata won a belt last year and Suzuki challenged for the IWGP Heavyweight Title in the main event of a PPV.

You know that the difference is?

They didn't crush the rising stars in under a minute or bury them using only 2 moves.
>>
>>2540591
By all means, tell me about the barnburner classics you've seen at house shows.
>>
>>2538799
>Why is New Japan so much superior to everyone else right now?
They aren't.
>>
>>2542301
>Japanese crowds not understanding the correct way to participate in an American artform
>>
>>2542303
>comparing a chink with Goldberg
His gimmick was killing everyone with two moves
>Kevin Owens
>rising """""star"""""
>>
What's New Japans schedule like? WWEs is like 300 days a year right?
>>
>break up with girl after she moves to Japan
>two days after I break up with her I receive this in the mail for my birthday

welp, I'm an asshole
>>
>>2542546
>They aren't.
Except they are, WWE drone.
>>
>>2542546
Actually, they are.
>>
>want to like NJPW
>Dontaku card is 80% trash

cmon japs do better
>>
>>2544323
>look it up again
>they added a cody singles match

I guess I'll be keeping my yen...
>>
The only people who think this started watching New Japan in 2013 or 2014.
>>
>>2543083
>WWE drone
Haven't watched WWE since mid-2015. Try watching more than two companies.
>>
>>2545183
Pretty much this
I understand people wanting to praise the new thing they've discovered but NJPW has been a solid 75% dreck the past few years
>>
>>2544323
>he's gonna miss based cleaner vs pitbull part 2
>he's gonna miss based cleaner challenging GOATkada to a rematch
pleb

>>2545183
name a promotion putting on better main events droney
>>
>>2545216
>the main event is the only part of the card that matters
This is why people laugh at My First Wrestle Kingdom NJPW babbies like you
>>
>>2545216
>Wallabee
>Gatoh Move
>FU-TEN
>Chinko Pro
>Gamshara
>Every episode of Ice Ribbon 19 O'Clock Girls
You need to broaden your horizons, little guy.
>>
>>2545219
Everything on the Sakura Genesis card was skippable besides the main event and it was still a better show than WM33 droney
>>
>>2545242
I don't give a shit about Wrestlemania, I don't watch the shitshow that is WWE
Pretending NJPW doesn't have 90% garbage cards with two-three matches at the top worth your time is just willful ignorance though
If only the main event is worth watching on a card then that means it's a bad card - like how Gedo is not actually a great booker since the Jr and Tag divisions are complete wastelands. If only half your promotion is booked well the person booking is only half good
>>
>>2545248
I don't think you know how pro wrestling works in general. The main event is almost always the draw and the rest of the card is expendable.

>90% garbage
Stop exaggerating, yeah tag match spam is lame booking but it's smart booking to let the guys save energy for big singles matches. The tag division could be better but they are far from terrible.
>>
>>2545219
>My First Wrestle Kingdom NJPW babbies like you
You kinda point out a problem NJPW has, unless you've been watching for a while you can't understand the importance of most non-main event matches and thus it's hard/impossible to care for them
The Sakura Genesis card was a good example of that. Every match had a reason to be there and they all advanced their respective storylines but to a new watcher it seemed like a bunch of pointless tag matches
>>
>>2545285
>The main event is the only match that should be good
lmao is this seriously the point Gedo babbies have reached? Incredible
I can't believe people exist who would willingly pay for something they think "doesn't have to be good" then defend it when it's bad
>>
>>2545285
If the main event is the only draw and the rest of the card doesn't matter why is every PPV not just the main event and nothing else
Are you completely retarded?
>>
>>2545285
Please state when you started watching, I bet it's 2013 or 2014.
>>
>>2545325
If I was you I'd put my money on January 4th, 2017
>>
>>2545319
>>2545322
I'm just gonna assume this is bait at this point, if you can't understand he logistics of why NJPW cards are the way they are then you are probably very new to the product. This strayed away from my main post anyways, which was "name a promotion putting on better main events.

>>2545325
>>2545327
Was a NOAH guy a decade ago but still knew about the NJPW 80s and 90s classics, but didn't become a regular till 1/4/13, there's your bone little droney.
>>
>>2545346
I already did name several promotions putting on better main events, but you ignored the post because you've probably never heard of them due to your narrow, Gedo-influenced wrestling worldview. Please take the time to try and further understand the medium before you make frankly outrageous claims like "NJPW has the best main events".
>>
>>2545248
>this same puro snob autist who shows up in every New Japan thread to bitch about the fed he thinks sucks

seek sex my friend
>>
>>2545346
>1/4/13
That explains it.
>droney
I've spent more time watching WCW than anything WWE related the past week. Didn't watch RAW or SmackDown and haven't been watching regularly for a while.
>>
>Skip the first half of each card
>Still end up enjoying it way more than any other promotion
BASED NEW JAPAN
>>
>>2538799
good fucking wrestling with good fucking wrestlers
>>
>>2538799
their undercards are always fucking trash
>>
>>2545986
cringe
>>
2 DOLLARS A DAY
>>
>>2541125
AJ made 2.4 Million last year.
>>
>>2543083
>>
>>2545983
this.

you can make anything look awesome if you only really have 3 30 minute matches and an undercard filled with 6man tags.
>>
>>2542928
>American artform
lol vince invented wrestling.
>>
File: 1448337124886.gif (1MB, 218x170px) Image search: [Google]
1448337124886.gif
1MB, 218x170px
Here come the retarded hipsters to shit on WWE AND NJPW
lel. NJPW has it's problems like being terrible at booking guys not in title feuds but it has the best quality of matches for the past few years now
DG comes close
>>
>>2547355
>here comes the retarded hipsters to shit on WWE AND NJPW for these valid reasons
>>
>>2540575
It's literal millions for guys on top and legends. Talent often leaves because WWE outbids them by a mill (though downsides in WWE plus your career expectancy plus your health care and shit contract sometimes out weigh that mill especially when you're already making upper 6 if not 7 figures) so usually the big deciding factor is talent wanting to move home, most talent fucking hate being in japan.

Nak is a special case, he's already loaded from years of getting upper 6/7 figures from NJPW and only moved to WWE because he was bored and wanted a challenge.

Of course, that kind of backfired, because his current schedule is easy as fuck and he literally doesn't have to do shit to be insanely over and a big draw.
>>
The right person gets elevated and everyone knows their roles. Not to hard to understand
>>
>>2548415
He didn't want a challenge, he just wanted to try America because he's a westaboo.
>>
>WWE is best
>no you knob, NJPW is best

Kek, /asp/ is literally a place that only watch two promotions and think their opinion matters
>>
>>2548660
tbf 2 is double the amount of promotions most /wwe/ drones know
>>
>>2548660
>implying Britain isn't the Jannetty of USA, Mexico, and Japan when it comes to wrestling
>>
>>2548676
And apparantly 2 is the maximum yellow fevered NJPW marks can pay attention to.
>>
>>2548694
You tried.

>apparantly
>>
Good booking
>>
>>2550363
Good talent
>>
The titles actually mean something in NJPW.

When's the last time we saw the Universal Title on TV? When's it being defend next? June? July?
>>
>>2550635
Whenever the old man feels like feeding somebody to Lesnar.

"WHY CAN'T WE BUILD NEW STARS, DAMMIT!?"
>>
>>2550635
NO,they don't
There's no actual competition,so the titles don't mean shit
>>
>>2554515
You just said that WWE titles are meaningless, dumbshit.
>>
>>2538799

Shibata killed himself to make NJPW great again
Thread posts: 104
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.