[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>WWE hasn't had a 5 star match since 2011 >NJPW has

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 2

File: hqdefault.jpg (27KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
27KB, 480x360px
>WWE hasn't had a 5 star match since 2011
>NJPW has had a 6 star match and two 5 star matches this year alone

Why is NJPW objectively better than WWE?
>>
Angry kneejerk WWE mark response with copious use of "weeb" or "gook".
>>
>>2538499
Because Meltzer is a weeb
>>
>>2538499
it's all subjective, stars don't mean anything, unlike those dubs OP
>>
How many 6 star tv segments has NJPW had? WWE had literally 3 in the last month.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx61cVP32HQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8izXHKZSXw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXTOH9jhbOg
>>
>>2538499
>star ratings
>>2538504
>falseflagging and caring about Meltzer ratings
>>
>>2538499
>I live my life by Meltzer's rules
Sad!
>>
>>2538504
>>2538513
Omega is Japanese?
>>
Reminder that the metric you're using for ratings is the headcanon of a 50 year old man with autism.
>>
>>2538499
WWE puts out so much more content regularly than NJPW. TV matches for the most part aren't supposed to be huge classics, they are free matches to build up story and hype for the PPVs where they can go all out. It just seems like the WWE style is meant more for putting out a lot of matches without getting injured as opposed to putting on great matches. It's truly quantity over quality for WWE, because that's how you can make the most munnies
>>
Meltzer is too nice on WWE. The CM Punk Cena match wasn't really that great, I wouldn't have given it 5 stars.

Also, he's inconsistent on New Japan. Some 5 star matches like Ibushi VS Nakamura at the G1 only got 4 stars and 3 quarters and then you have lame matches that also get that rating, like Suzuki VS Okada a month ago. Not to mention some 5 star matches he gives that aren't really all that great (Omega VS Okada wasn't 5, let alone 6)

But overall, he's right that New Japan is much superior to the rest of the competition, so he's alright with me.
>>
>>2538499

>Meltzer ratings
>objective

The guy gave Brock vs Cena only a 4.25 stars, his opinion on matches is worthless to me. Okada vs Shibata wasn't a 5 star match and Omega/Okada was worse.
>>
>>2538768
The shit one where he spams suplexes? Way too high.
>>
>le meltz ratings
kys
>>
>>2538778

My bad, he gave ER 2012 a 4.5. I have no problem with the SS match getting that rating, actually. "lolSuplexes" is a shit way to look at it, but whatever.
>>
>>2538796
If you think a match with a finish that stupid is 5 snowflakes you clearly don't understand the system
>>
>>2538796
>>My bad, he gave ER 2012 a 4.5
The finish ruined that match. I guarantee it would have gotten five had Brock just won as he should have.
>>
>>2538499
Presentation and restrictions from Vince
>>
>>2538740
Nope, just another weeb
>>
>>2538841
Also, road agents. They lay out the matches in WWE for everyone.

In New Japan, they give the wrestlers the finish and rough match time, and that's it, the wrestlers themselves go and put together the match.
>>
>>2538499
He is an NJPW shill.
>>
>>2538499
You're posting lies, OP.

I rated AJ v Shane 6 Stars and that was only a couple of weeks ago.
>>
>>2538850
This is either brilliant satire or a really depressing example of Poe's Law.
>>
>>2538844
Lots of companies have road agents.
>>
>>2538842
>Ospreay, Ricochet, Sydal and The Superkliq are Japanese
>>
>>2538499
NJPW is a very pro wrestling company. WWE is sports entertainment, whatever the fuck that means. WWE as a brand is confused and doesn't know their audience, so they try to give everyone just enough to keep them around. in the end, that just leaves everyone disappointed. NJPW on the other hand knows what they're best at (wrestling) and delivers it unapologetically. If there were a company based in the US that operated like NJPW with a decent tv deal, Vince would be shitting his pants.

>inb4 ring of meme
shit is garbage tbqhfamm
>>
I'm not making the usual excuses, but Dave does seem to have a personal bias. He's rated the shitty G.O.D. tag matches roughly the same as DIY and Revival.
>>
Where exactly are you getting these rating from? There is no official pro wrestling ratings board
>>
>>2538556
I thought the cheers were way louder live
>>
>>2538499
WWE had a five star match in November
>>
>>2538913
Of course he does. He has an extremely strong bias towards anything and anyone Japanese. He thinks Asuka is the 2nd best worker in WWE ffs
>>
>>2538933
You don't even know who G.o.D. are, do you?
>>
>>2538933
She is.
>>
>>2538963
Objectively no
>>
>>2538933
>strong bias towards anything and anyone Japanese
If that's true then how come there was a 15 year long gap between 1997 and 2012 where he didn't give a single 5 star rating to a NJPW match? Or how he hasn't given one to either NOAH or AJPW in over a decade?
>>
>>2538913
>muh DIY vs Revival meme
>>
File: IMG_4187.jpg (119KB, 766x739px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4187.jpg
119KB, 766x739px
>mfw drones try justifying their shit company
>>
>>2538499
based
>>
Meltzer deliberately overrates matches outside of wwe to try and get wwe fans to check out other promotions
>>
what kind of nerd watches Japanese programming. Next you'll say you watch wrestling sitting at a computer alone instead of on a tv with your gf & your bros
>>
>>2538499
Whats with mandrama fans and lacking independent thought to the point where they take one guy who had shitty hockey hair word as pure gospel?
>>
WWE had a 5 star match literally last month
>>
To be fair there should have been a few matches that where five stars in the WWE since then.
>>
>>2540592
This is what I believe. He's probably extremely tired of WWE being the only show in town and wants fans to expand their horizons.
>>
>all this tinfoil from wwe shitters

>>2541919
kek name 3
>>
>>2541919
like what? only ones I can think of are Punk/Lesnar and Rollins/Cena/Lesnar
>>
>>2538894
>doesn't know what weeb means.
>>
>>2538499

Fuck Meltzer.
>>
>>2541926
Not that guy but I think WWE should be held to a different criteria because they are in a different position, doing different things, than NJPW or anybody else.

I think Cena-AJ, the triple threat match with Brock, Cena and Seth (?), Brock squashing Cena, are all excellent examples of five star WWE matches
>>
>>2543743
They are held to different criteria. Dave has gone on record in saying that they have to try harder in NJPW to get a 5 star match than elsewhere for him to award it such.
>>
>>2543743
>he thinks Cena vs. Styles was 5 stars

kek it was a shallow finisher spam kickoutfest
>>
>>2538768
You mean the match where he did literally nothing but suplexes?

He was a bit generous if you ask me.
>>
>>2545597
Just like all the 5 star Jap matches of recent years
>>
implying that a guy's personal opinion is a metric to measure how good/bad a match.
>>
>>2538499
>one guys opinion that is slanted and has gone on record saying that he does favor new Japan more
>>
>>2541927
DIY vs The Revival, Brock vs Cena vs Rollins and Cena vs AJ at the Rumble which to be fair could have been much better with a less one sided story and predictable finish.
>>
>>2545597
Omega vs Okada, 3 Rainmakers
Okada vs Suzuki, 3 Rainmakers
Okada vs Shibata 4 Rainmakers
>>
>>2547513
How many kickouts? ;^)
>>
>>2546233
>Rainmaker has been kicked out of only 3 times
>>
>>2546965
You mean he started that he grades New Japan on a higher standard?
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.