[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/mag/ - martial arts general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 328
Thread images: 82

File: hitting5.jpg (78KB, 500x381px) Image search: [Google]
hitting5.jpg
78KB, 500x381px
Previous thread:
>>2321443

Find an MMA Gym in the USA: http://www.findmmagym.com/

Styles of fighting:
http://www.ufc.com/discover/fighter/martialArtsStyles

BlackBeltWiki, great source of info, trivia and help:
http://www.blackbeltwiki.com/

Lifting for MMA:
http://breakingmuscle.com/strength-conditioning/how-to-train-strength-and-conditioning-for-mma

Beware the MCDOJOS:
http://mcdojo-faq.tripod.com
>>
File: 3262513524624523.jpg (275KB, 1100x777px) Image search: [Google]
3262513524624523.jpg
275KB, 1100x777px
>>2376866
>>
File: 5513984.jpg (170KB, 898x635px) Image search: [Google]
5513984.jpg
170KB, 898x635px
>>
File: block to body punch .gif (1MB, 360x202px) Image search: [Google]
block to body punch .gif
1MB, 360x202px
Wing Chun sure is great, isn't it?

>a balanced usage of attack and defense
no weaknesses

>countering
your opponents fight against themselves

>unorthodox techniques
your opponents haven't trained to fight you
your opponents always get taken by surprise
your opponents don't know what to do and how to respond
>>
>>2377358
This is always fun to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNZL1-dqQHE
>>
>>2377358
wing chun can be great, but these gifs you post show shit technique
>>
>>2377384
With this specific gif, technique was fine.

Also, application of technique is more important than technique, in most common applicable scenarios.
>>
>>2377384
>but these gifs you post show shit technique
One of the most common things that happens, even with professional UFC fighters, is that their technique gets worse when they're up there with an actual opponent.
>>
>>2377358
Come on, that black and white video is garbage, completely compliant, barely any contact
>>
>>2377439
To have some fun by relating to the previous thread, "ignorance and delusion."

The video was under UFC rules, modified a little, so no gloves, no gear, one 5min round, no judging, etcetera.
Pretty much, we used the legal techniques of UFC and fouls as the rules.

It's just two dude's sparring full contact.

These are the facts, you may chose to accept them, but you are also free to be ignorant and delusional.
>>
File: 657563734626.gif (2MB, 720x512px) Image search: [Google]
657563734626.gif
2MB, 720x512px
>>2377418
>opponent throws punches out of range
>takes big step with front foot instead of slidestepping
>"uproots" opponent by pushing on their solar plexus instead of attacking their center
>>2377480
>It's just two dude's sparring full contact
>pic
>>
>>2377480
When two children fight they're using "UFC rules", it doesn't make it magically legit
>>
>>2377494
If you truly believe what you've posted, then, ND-wizzle, I'm sorry to inform you that you are ignorant and delusional.

>>opponent throws punches out of range
pic related

>takes big step with front foot instead of slidestepping
Personal preference, but having read your posts, and analyzing you (to an extent), if you are the Northern Dragon, it'd be out of character for you to truly portray such ignorance and delusion of martial arts, especially it's fluidity.
There are many paths to reach the end of one's journey.

>implying that something like side stepping is right or wrong
Same as previous.

>>"uproots" opponent by pushing on their solar plexus instead of attacking their center
Same as previous.
Also, "solar plexus not being center."
This seems like it could be the manifestation of an attempt at deception.
An possible attempt at drawing a response from me.

>>uproots
>>pushing
All strikes fall somewhere on the "strike" and "push" spectrum, however, that strike landed more towards the "strike" side of the spectrum.
That "big step" was a utilization of technique for kinetic linking and power. With the legs driving, the bodyweight is put into the strike, and the strength of the legs accelerates the body at speed, generating power.
Being discouraged by the powerful attack, the opponent uses defensive footwork and retreats.

If you listen to the footage, especially in slow motion, you can hear the strike.

I could respond with
Something along the lines of
>it's better to attack there than the center line
or
>centerline is bullshit for old school non-applicable Wing Chun
>new-age Wing Chun is better
or something.
Then, it would allow for you to respond with an attack on my character, and allow you an opening to point out and display my show if ignorance and delusion.

However, assuming that I would respond in that way, and assuming that I was ignorant and delusional relating to said topics, would in of itself be ignorance and delusion.
>>
File: logical-fallacies.png (1MB, 1283x917px) Image search: [Google]
logical-fallacies.png
1MB, 1283x917px
>>2377519
Do I need to start posting pic related in every single thread?
>>
>>2377494
>>2377645

>forgot pic
I deserve 50 lashes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQjdo9mDsTE
00:21
>audible strike
>>
File: distance.jpg (413KB, 2766x774px) Image search: [Google]
distance.jpg
413KB, 2766x774px
>>2377494
>>2377645
>>2377671

>forgetting pic twice
>>
>>2377657
No, you need to enter an amatuer MMA fight and get the shit kicked out of you so realize you're being a retard.
>>
>>2376958
>>2377335

I actually have great respect for the body mechanics taught in tai chi mechanics are not the same as fighting of course but the principles of movement they teach are sound and of a very high quality in some of the big names in Tai chi
>>
>>2377717
Man, I've been searching online for years, but can't find any.
I thoroughly enjoy fighting, I want nothing more, sort of speak, than to enter some amateur MMA competitions and fight. I don't care if I lose, I don't care if I get my ass beat, I like fighting. I'd like to have the experience of fighting in amateur MMA competitions, I'd like having recordings of my fight, and I'd like the knowledge that the experience and footage would allow me to obtain.

However, I've personally sparred, full contact, with various kinds of fighters and martial artists.

Taekwondo practitioners, Karateka, Boxers, Wrestlers, Aikidoka, Kickboxers, and MMA practitioners.
Based on my experience and knowledge, I could come to many conclusions, but I don't like making assumptions.
Personally, I like to consider the possibilities, and weight the probability against each other based on my current knowledge and willingness to apply myself.

>so you realize you're being a retard
I could do many things with this post.

This post could potentially portray a few things about the poster.

This could be a poster who is knowledgeable in martial arts, enough to know that there is no real merit to the post, but posts that in an attempt to attack my, possible see if I respond in certain ways. Possibly respond in a way that portrays my lack of confidence in my abilities.

Or this post could portray just true ignorance of martial arts, martial arts application, common applications of martial arts throughout practitioners of varying levels and varying disciplines, etcetera.

There are so many possibilities, it's beautiful, really.
>>
>>2377645
>1
he throws the fake way out of range as you pictured, for the actual strike you misaligned the shoulder in your picture and their fist would end up brushing your chest instead of striking though

>2
taking big steps makes it that much easier for a sweep

>3
side and slide stepping are two different things in my art

>4
if you see how the opponent reacts to the strike, they turtle and bring their center down. all the times i've practiced with wing chuners they attack the center line with an upward trajectory ((because that's how you take someone off their center))

>5
i can only hear a little slap, which you can't use to differentiate between a pushing and penetrating strike because both make contact and of course will make an audible sound. the difference comes from the amount of time your fist stays in contact. although the angle of your video blocks the contact, you can see through the attackers shoulder movement that they are keeping contact for too long.

>>2377771
go to a boxing gym and look into amateur fights or look for some open tournaments, i'm a fucking leaf and still have access to multiple tournaments a year
>>
>>2377882
>their fist would end up brushing your chest instead of striking though
It definitely would've more than just brushed.

>taking big steps makes it that much easier for a sweep
Kicks, punches, pushes, clinches, sweeps, etcetera, when one does something, one changes how vulnerable one is and how able one is to attack.
To say that that was wrong is to say that to throw a punch is wrong, which is wrong because there is no wrong and right.
To alter this for the sake of another discussion, things are right in certain situations, and things are wrong in certain situations. A punch is right in certain situations, in other situations, it will get you knocked out.
With that, it still holds true that the step was the right thing to do, as it gained the stepper favuor, and the opponent lost favour.

>side and slide stepping are two different things in my art
That's nice to hear.
You know, instead of arguing about things relating to my posts and always getting nowhere, it'd be nice if we could discus something like your art.
It'd be even better if you could post your own sparring footage, breakdown analysis, organized and edited, and provide some insightful commentary.
Personally, I enjoy appreciating the arts that are that of the martial.

>if you see how the opponent reacts to the strike, they turtle and bring their center down. all the times i've practiced with wing chuners they attack the center line with an upward trajectory ((because that's how you take someone off their center))
I find that interesting, actually. Doing so may aid in gaining one an advantage in combat. However, there are many ways to gain advantages in combat, and there are many combinations of ways to gain advantages in combat.
To say that what was portrayed in the gif is wrong, is like saying
>My way is the right and only way to do this one thing. Any other way is wrong and bad.
I don't think I need to explain why this is stupid.
>>
>>2377882
>that they are keeping contact for too long.
A strike is pretty much exactly the same whether you retract your punch quickly, or keep following through.

If you retract, or follow through, the initial force is exactly the same.

People tend to strike with push kicks, or striking kicks.
People most commonly use push kicks without the intent to deal damage, and tend to deal less damage.
People most commonly use striking kicks to deal damage, and not to push one's opponent.

Using strikes like that, then yes, the push would deal less damage.

The strike in the gif is a strike, meant to deal damage, that dealt damage. The punch could've been immediately retracted, and the initial force would remain the same.
Now, keep following through, and that force already happened, but there is also the added benefit of pushing one's opponent.

Why am I explaining this to someone who attempts to portray themselves as such an intelligent, knowledgeable, and experienced martial artist?
>>
>>2377882
>i'm a fucking leaf and still have access to multiple tournaments a year
Multiple MMA tournaments a year?

I'm looking for preferably full contact, fighting tournaments.

I can find TKD, Karate KATA, CMA demonstration, and more demonstration stuff, and maybe some point sparring stuff if I'm lucky, but I can't find any MMA, and I vary rarely find full contact.
>>
File: 1-Roundhouse Counter.gif (1MB, 360x202px) Image search: [Google]
1-Roundhouse Counter.gif
1MB, 360x202px
You know, i'd like to see OC of martial artists of this thread.

I'd like to see martial artists of this community sparring.

How can I expect y'all to post sparring videos of yourselves when I don't post anything of myself?
Well, I don't expect anything from anyone, but it'd be nice to see some OC sparring.
Also, gif related; can't say I didn't post anything of myself.
>>
>>2378056
2 for good measure, and for the appreciation of backfists.
>>
>>2378033
http://www.mmacanada.net/events/
>>2378056
i posted a video of striking work a while ago, but i find it cringey as shit now. ill work on a new one but i don't have a partner to work with at the moment. anything specific you would like to see?
>>
>>2378056
also a little google-fu finds this:
http://www.mmarecruiter.com/index.php?do=/forum/becoming-a-fighter-28/how-to-find-mma-fights-2/
>>
>>2378138
>anything specific you would like to see?
Something relatively unique to you and or your style(s).

>http://www.mmacanada.net/events/
Looks like some shows I can go and watch, not anything I can participate in.
>>
>>2378263
yeah, i fucked up on that first link
>>
03/17/17(Fri)20:09:25
28 / 8 / 5 / 6

damn, its shit
>>
>>2379024
that's what happens when shitposters kill threads at least once a week
>>
>>2379114
the regular shit posters showed up immediately this time

I really hope I get a job soon so I can stop coming here, I just get annoyed thinking about this place now
>>
>>2377771
>I could do many things with this post

Nice speech buttercup but it doesn't change the fact that you post the same shitty 20 second "fight" every god damn thread and don't listen when 20 people tell you it's terrible every. Fucking. Thread.

I know people that have gotten amatuer fights with no actual training. If you can't find one youre not trying hard enough, or at all. And even if all your bullshit about not caring about losing is true youre gonna find out real quick how fucking delusional you are when you step in there and it's going to fucking hurt.

Wing chun has never been successful in MMA for a reason, it's training methadology and techniques are not conducive to actual fighting.
>>
>>2379610
I can't believe how stupid some of the regular posters in these threads are. We have the same trolls every thread:

- wing chun is best ma ever.
- parkour is a ma
- mmautist who have never trained yet gives advice on how to do everything wrong
- cuck fetishist

And so on. And yet, for some weird reason, all these retards insists on replying to them, wasting valuable space on the thread and ruining the mood.

How can someone be so stupid to fall for the same tricks over and over?

(Also, bump)
>>
>>2380845
This desu. I mean, I get replying once or twice since at least it might spark discussion in the thread, but do we really need to respond just about every time? Most of the time they probably don't even post themselves, they probably look for some unfortunate people online and use them to shitpost.
>>
File: 1485671895464.webm (2MB, 800x463px) Image search: [Google]
1485671895464.webm
2MB, 800x463px
>>2377771
>Man, I've been searching online for years, but can't find any.
Shut the fuck up, weekly there are 2 MMA amateur comp' in SoCal only.
>INB4 americunt/lard/shart.
I'm in Europe.
You're just blabbling you'd like to fight, but you're a fag shitposting on /asp/.
>>2377358
This video is hilarious. The guy that posted it... I'd like to commit seppuku, I'm sure. Can someone post the link to the vid on youtube? You know, for science!
>>
>>2380845
if they didn't post in the thread last night, mandrama would have killed the thread with their over the top shitposting last night with the leaks. and to be fair they did post one *new* gif >>2378090, but it's literally two white belts that looks scared in their guard.
>>
File: succ.jpg (8KB, 236x177px) Image search: [Google]
succ.jpg
8KB, 236x177px
MARTIAL ARTS TIER RANKING:

god tier:
MMA (at least boxing, muay thai, wrestling and submission grappling base, other martial arts optional)

demi-god tier:
MMA (rest of combinations, bases and styles)
muay thai
kickboxing K1/low kick
boxing
"MMA striking", boxing/kickboxing/muay thai combo
no-gi submission grappling

great tier:
savate
lethwei
sanda
shoot boxing
combat sambo
combat wrestling
catch wrestling
freestyle wrestling
sambo
brazilian jiu-jitsu
luta livre

good tier:
full contact kicboxing (no leg kicks)
full contact kickboxing with taekwondo influente
full contact kickboxing with karate influente
kyokushin karate
any style of full contact karate
old shooto/amateur pankration A.K.A. "MMA for faggots that hates strikes in the ground"
kudo
combat jujutsu
competetive jujutsu
judo
greco-roman wrestling

mediocre tier:
vovinam
folk wrestling
jacket wrestling
Shuai jiao
glima
Bökh

good fundamentals but in their own are not useful in a real fight for being point fighting:
shotokan karate
point fighting kickboxing
point fighting boxing
ITF taekwondo

have some good kicks but the 90% of it is pure shit:
WTF taekwondo

bad tier:
traditional karate
traditional jujutsu
belt wrestling
kurash
turkish oil wrestlig A.K.A. "is not gay if balls don't touch"
sumo
krav maga
self-defense martial arts
no mcdojo kenpo
capoeira
dambe
combatives

pure shit tier:
lima lama
United World Wrestling pakration A.K.A. shit MMA with greek Gi and without punched in the head bc we are faggots
any mcdojo meme art
meme karate
meme self-defense martial arts
ALL kung fu
mc dojo taekwondo
taichi
Kajukenbo
""professional"" ""wrestling""
baji quan
tang soo do
aikido
any meme martial art
SYSTEMA
all korean ""matial arts"" aside of taekwondo
wing chun
Jeet Kune Do
shootfighting "bart vale slapping meme art"
mcdojo kenpo
danzan-ryu jujutsu
silat
hapkido
ninjutsu
shin kicking
tai-chi
Chun Kuk Do
""combat jiu-jitsu"" eddie bravo meme slapping tournament
>>
>>2380845
It's funny because you're the stupid one
>>
File: 1-Fake Jab to Turning Backfist.gif (2MB, 360x202px) Image search: [Google]
1-Fake Jab to Turning Backfist.gif
2MB, 360x202px
The Turning or Spinning Backfist.

Elegant.

Flamboyant, yet subtle.

Flashy, yet functional.

What is it about the Turning or Spinning Backfist that takes so many experienced martial artists by surprise?
>>
File: 1-Swarm Defense.gif (2MB, 360x202px) Image search: [Google]
1-Swarm Defense.gif
2MB, 360x202px
>>2383661
>>
>>2383661
Whats to stop a judo/BJJ/sambo style fighter from taking any opportunity where their opponent has turned their back, to grab for a takedown?

Im genuinely asking. I know if i was given an opportunity on the mats where my partner has turned his back for any reason, that id go for a grapple/takedown.
>>
What is best Ameri Do Te or Military Grade Combat Jiujitsu? http://streetcombattraining.com
>>
>>2383749
The timing. When you counter, you need to counter at the right time.

It's not just about taking advantage of when your opponent is physically vulnerable, there are always vulnerabilities.

You need to take advantage of when your opponent is psychologically vulnerable.
>>
>>2383749
I'd just punch him in the back of the head, no need for a take down bro
>>
>>2382848
Is judo wrestling but less effective and more dangerous?
>>
>>2383749
What's to stop Tito from sweeping Machida's leg?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_JMkptIuko

What's to stop Vitor from taking down Anderson?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhkoqvXMd9k
>>
File: 1485039497009.jpg (27KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
1485039497009.jpg
27KB, 630x420px
>>2383794
Nope, Judo is grappling with a vest aka winter season effective grappling.
>>2383749
Timing, position, footwork.
>>
>>2383749
>Whats to stop a judo/BJJ/sambo style fighter from taking any opportunity where their opponent has turned their back, to grab for a takedown?
the backfist that knocks them the fuck out
>>
>>2382848
>folk wrestling
>anything but great/god tier
Someone was a cuck in high school
>>
>>2383898
how often does that shit actually work?
>>
What is the best Martial art/s for fighting groups?

I live in Australia, in my area aboriginals are always robbing stores or breaking into homes, its happened to mine 3 times, neighbors get broken into all the time, saw a store getting robbed the other day

They pretty much always are in groups, usually 2 or 3, have no weapons but would improvise if they are coherent enough(Rarely) when a fight starts, and somewhat drunk. The man of the house or the usual lone security guard will be the only ones willing to fight them, but because they work in groups and take cheap shots they usually all escape to rob another day. I want to join in and take down/capture a few when this happens so they finally get locked up
>>
>>2384555
Gun fu
>>
>>2384569
Its Australia, i thought that would tip most people off that pretty much any kind of weapon is illegal including pepper spray
>>
>>2384579
cricket bat and a dog?
>>
>>2383794
Its just jacket wrestling, though it can be modified to work anyways if you really hang around thug infested beaches that much. Straighter posture tho. Just as effective, maybe more on a street if you don't mind killing the guy without meaning to. Dangerousness is heavily dependant on training partners, gym, and competitiveness.
>>2384555
Avoidance-fu and run-fu. For actual fighting because thats what you fucking asked about, striking with good footwork (if you want any chance of making it out mostly fine), you keep one guy in between you and the next/only ever actually be fighting one (learning a good clinch can help with this too), and if possible a grappling one to learn good control ober peoples bodies, and stuff other peoples takedowns.
tl;dr just do boxing or muay thai, and add some sort of wrestling or judo.
We really need a copypasta/screencap to post whenever this comes up, though hopefully one with more effort put in.
>>
>>2384649
Thanks for the info
>>
>>2384555
Townsville white fella here
I double with Krav once a week and BJJ 5 times a week to cover ground and standing work for self defence. At the very least 3 unarmed coons are going to take some damage before i get a free ride to the hospital.
>>
>>2384555
Get some police batons and use them as Tonfa
>>
>>2383794
Wrestling but adding chokes and joint locks. Some think pajamas are required, but my dojo and many others train it nogi as well because mma is a thing.
>>
>>2384984
>BJJ 5 times a week to cover ground
>against 3 people
rip
>>
>>2383898
In judo you drill footwork timing. We literally drilled the forward step during the opponent backfist during my last class. Next step valley drop. Your backfist is literally a setup for a judo throw. Thanks for learning and promoting it famalam
>>
>>2385439
Cmon anon at least read the post
>Krav once a week
>>
>>2385473
rip
>>
>>2385439
>Implying there are no standing choke and locks in bjj.
>Implying there are no throws and takedowns in bjj.
Fucking noobs.
>>
File: bjj on the streets.gif (2MB, 232x116px) Image search: [Google]
bjj on the streets.gif
2MB, 232x116px
>>2384984
>Krav meme
>BJJ on the streets
>Pic related

>>2385620
Yes, it does. So? Also judo (their speciality actually) and wrestling. Meanwhile Japanese jiu jitsu, also includes striking and arms training so they are more versatile in several aspects.

Don't get me wrong: bjj is a very good grappling art. But is shit at self-defence for the reasons it have been exposed a dozen times in these threads (limited mobility, focus on a single target, unnecessary exposure), and people around here should stop jerking to it just because some guy so many years ago was ruling on the cage by using it.
>>
>>2386259
Rule #1
Niggers: if there are more than 3, there I will not be.
>>
>>2377382
What happened at 1:07? It looks like the karate guy jumps onto the ground for no reason. Also why is the wing chun guy wearing shoes and the karate guy isn't.
>>
File: BJJ in the streetz.webm (3MB, 354x360px) Image search: [Google]
BJJ in the streetz.webm
3MB, 354x360px
>>
File: vietnam world star.webm (2MB, 360x460px) Image search: [Google]
vietnam world star.webm
2MB, 360x460px
>>
>>2376958
>>2377335
More of this?
I'm starting to practice tai chi (currently working on the 24 form) but having no teacher I feel like I will be lacking some essential knowledge.
>>
How goes the fighting career guys? How long until you felt ready to do amateur/pro-amateur stuff?
>>
>>2386389
Looks like he was trying for some overhook to throw but fucked it up royally.

As for the shoes. Just different traditions. The only time not wearing shoes is better is when your on matts. The friction especially in high grip shoes like Kung Fu shoes can fuck your knees up on matts.
>>
>>2386965
Won my first competition. Feel like I've become proficient at my first art and now I'm steadily progressing into Ju Jitsu.
>>
>>2386965
Hurt my knee when I was younger, had to left MA for several years.

I'm 30+ years old now, and against my medic advice, I'm training MA again. Can barely rise my leg and run out of breath after like 15 minutes to intense cardio.

You tell me.
>>
>>2384521
As often as martial artists are willing to train and use that shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOUhh_pihHQ
>>
>>2386965
I've only been occasionally hitting my heavy bag; I feel like shit.
>>
>>2384555
MMA but focus on Stand-Up fighting.
>>
>>2386711
>>
>>2386711
>>2387320
>>
File: 1487828186421.jpg (19KB, 480x488px) Image search: [Google]
1487828186421.jpg
19KB, 480x488px
>>2387315
>filename
step 1) have incompetent opponents
>>
>>2387328
>step 1) have incompetent opponents
Pretty much every single human being on the whole entire planet.
>>
File: bjj in tha streetz.webm (3MB, 405x720px) Image search: [Google]
bjj in tha streetz.webm
3MB, 405x720px
>>2385620
know how I know you don't do bjj? because you think people know how to do any of that shit

the bjj stand up game is as follows
>leg pick to single
>shoot double
>shoot single
>jump guard
MAYBE if you are really good you will know how to high crotch by the time you get to black belt
>>
>>2387151
Nice. How long have you been training? Win anything?

>>2387185
What kind of knee injury? I had microfracture and see myself stronger than ever post surgery.

>>2387301
Is that all you do?
>>
File: b78.jpg (23KB, 419x421px) Image search: [Google]
b78.jpg
23KB, 419x421px
>>2387466
Not him but i know what youre saying about feeling stronger post surgery. I had a boxers break in my right hand and now that bones healed back thicker than before.
>>
>>2387466
>>2387524
Bones do heal and become stronger after a fracture.

Ligaments and tendons don't.

Also, to be honest, after a couple months without having the chance to train, and entering the university made me get used to spend more time watching tv (films and tournaments) than training, so that's it.
>>
>>2387583
So youre saying i should perform controlled breaks on all my major bones to heal them harder then ever?
>>
>>2387583
Not to mention, medical technology wasn't as good as today

But anyway. I had a cartilage tear, they had to fracture the bone on purpose so it bleeds and leaves a "scab" which is basically cartilage replacement
>>
>>2387583
>>2387642
>>2387185
>Ligaments and tendons don't.

https://springloadedtechnology.com/product/levitation-knee-brace/

Now, you can be more like Batman.

Batman in The Dark Knight uses exoskeleton technology to enhance his strength, right? I don't remember.
>>
>>2387667
Forgotten and unecesary sub-plot
>>
>>2387606
Then you can be like Shizu-chan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qbbsTURM2s
>>
File: 5QtuT6N.jpg (716KB, 2343x2199px) Image search: [Google]
5QtuT6N.jpg
716KB, 2343x2199px
>>2387393
Bitch I've fought more time than you trained in your life...
Yeah, like Rodolfo Vieira favorite move isn't Ippon seoi/otoshi/morote.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgkNZeoVSG0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCLpmElX15s
Educate yourself retard.
>>2386259
I know they are within the basic curriculum, but cunts like >>2387393 still think single and double are the all end of stand-up game.
>>
File: wrestling vs parkour .gif (2MB, 360x202px) Image search: [Google]
wrestling vs parkour .gif
2MB, 360x202px
>when you try to fight Goju-guy
>>
>>2376866
10th Planet meme or magick?
>>
>>2387320
>>2387326
Wu's knowledge of Tai chi was a little..... suspect.
>>
File: 1-Turning Backfist 71116.gif (2MB, 360x202px) Image search: [Google]
1-Turning Backfist 71116.gif
2MB, 360x202px
>>2383661
>>2383664
>>2387282
More Backfist.
>>
>>2388475
Is this bait? Or a new form of autism? That move looks completely revealing and the way that sperg steps just seems to remove all chance of it being an accurately placed/powerful strike.

Honestly an elbow sweep to deflect the already telegraphing backhand and a step inwards and you could close deliver a well placed hook to the blindside of their head.
>>
>>2388493
>Spot the newfag

He have been posting these for the last dozen threads, just ignore him, dumbass.
>>
File: flodygreg.jpg (74KB, 640x799px) Image search: [Google]
flodygreg.jpg
74KB, 640x799px
HOLY SHIT ITS HAPPENING
>>
>>2387940
>Bitch I've fought more time than you trained in your life...
you are wrong
>>
what's that hand gesture the kyokushin people do after they get a knock out?
I want to start doing it but I'd like to know what it means first
>>
>>2385620
>>2387940
>implying standing game in BJJ isn't close to joke level bad

I'm a Judo brown belt/BJJ blue belt who isn't even particularly good at throwing, and the average BJJ black belt is easy pickings for me while standing. Typically the only way for them to hold me at bay is stiff arming me or pulling guard. In my experience they typically achieve the skill level of someone who's done Judo for 2-4 years, with the exception of those who crosstrain(ed).

For reference, here Xande Ribeiro in randori against Tokuzo Takahashi, multiple times American champion. Xande's considered to have world level takedown game in BJJ, while Takahashi, while obviously very skilled, never came close to the international success Xande has achieved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgI59gQkHX0
>>
File: Georgii Zantaraia.webm (3MB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Georgii Zantaraia.webm
3MB, 400x400px
I'm thinking about starting judo.

These two places are the closest to me (both are about a 20-30 minute drive).

http://www.paloaltojudo.com/
http://www.sjbjudo.org/

Which one looks better?

They both look equally good to me, but I don't know shit about judo outside of a class I took a few years ago. The Palo Alto club is $10 cheaper per month, but I have to take a toll bridge to get there so cost wise they're about the same.
>>
>>2389683
Is San Jose State Judo near you? It is easily one of the best clubs in the nation.
http://www.sjsujudo.org
>>
>>2388493
>>2388633
Gr8 b8
>>
>>2389703
Shit, I didn't know a club of that caliber was that close (relatively speaking)

It's not much farther than the other San Jose place (maybe ten minutes longer so 30-40 minutes away overall). It's run through the university though, I'd have to enroll as a student. It's also pricier compared to the other options, so I'm not sure if I'd be able to swing it.

It also seems like a pretty high level place. Everyone seems to be a brown belt at the lowest. It would be intimidating being the only white belt there and I'd feel like I'd be slowing everyone else down desu senpai.
>>
File: 1409139644722.png (577KB, 800x799px) Image search: [Google]
1409139644722.png
577KB, 800x799px
>>2387808
>dub
>>
>>2389800
Go to the Friday open mat before you dismiss it. Then start making a decision.
>>
>>2389681
Seriously, you chosed the wrong video to showcase your point. A low-medium paced randori session versus full speed competition footage under different rules... Come on!
This is what Judo in Bjj looks like, .gif related.
Throwing a bb in a BJJ match is great, but if you can pass the guard or finish it, it is 2 pts at best.
But I won't hide the naked truth: The level of stand-up in BJJ is NOWHERE near or approching the level of Judo. Worst than that it looks like it is regressing thanks to stupid IBJJF rules.
That's why I have to go train Judo tonight!
>>
>>2389813
Yeah, I have a hard time watching anything with dubs. It's like watching pure wrestlers watch a 2min Judo highlight reel and then act like they know Judo and start trying to throw each other.
>>
>>2391376
That's a pretty good analogy
>>
>>2389861
>Seriously, you chosed the wrong video to showcase your point. A low-medium paced randori session versus full speed competition footage under different rules...
I disagree for the following reasons:
>Ribeiro is going hard as he's preparing for a major competition
>he's allowed to use leg grabs, just like BJJ.

The only restriction is the one he's placing on himself to improve his standing game more efficiently: not pulling guard. The reason why it's slow paced is because Takahashi is setting the pace and toying with him. If Takahashi were fighting at competition level intensity, Ribeiro would be hitting the ceiling before he hit the mat, which wouldn't be in Ribeiro's interest either, as that'd give him little to no opportunity to learn.
>>
File: tsurikomi goshi on the knee.gif (3MB, 518x295px) Image search: [Google]
tsurikomi goshi on the knee.gif
3MB, 518x295px
>>2391707
They're fighting under previous leg ban Judo rules, focusing on stand up. Nothing close to BJJ.
Many other restrictions:
>Wrist locks,
>Guillotine,
>Grip fighting.
Judo grip fighting under the current ruleset is much funnier than previously, though.
We did some O soto gari to Ippon seoi on the front hand and Hiza guruma to Sode tsuri komi ashi combo on the back hand.
It was nice. got killed by some 30kg lighter blue belt in Tachiwaza. Showed some sankaku set-up from the back in Ne-waza.
Scisors sweep in bjj.
An evening well spent.
.gif related what I will try to work next week.
>>
>moved recently
>tfw zero legit martial arts places around me
>shaolin, kung fu, kenpo, self defence, meme maga, karate, ect.
>literally 0 mma, muay thai, bjj, or boxing places near me

I'm going to each and asking to spar/train a little, hopefully one will not be shit
>>
>>2392475

>shaolin
>kung fu
can be like muay thai

>kenpo
>karate
can be like kickboxing

>meme maga
can be interesting

it doesn't matter what they call it, it matters how they train. you're like a little kid who loves mcdonald's cheeseburgers and then won't eat the food and says it's bad because the mcdonald's cheeseburger was inside a burger king rapper
>>
>>2392475
>Zero legit martial arts.

Have you tried each place at least once? I know people here love to jerk over imaginary tags, but you could at least give them a try. No place is training under full contact rules?

Also, how far away are those places? Do you literally live on some backwater village or something? Because, given their popularity, MMA places are more and more common, so I'm kinda surprised there aren't gyms with the mma tag on their front.
>>
>>2392535
>>2392730

Didn't I say I was going to each? Oh yeah, I did.

Doesn't change the fact that I would've preferred a non-traditional, mma environment, which, by their websites, none of them offer.

I'm sure they're fine schools, but I doubt they're what I'm looking for. My wording was a little disrespectful though.

I don't know why, but there aren't any mma/boxing places anywhere near me. I am not backwater, I'm actually in a pretty heavily populated/dense suburban area. There are a LOT of places around, it's just that none of them are labeled mma/boxing, and are all traditional. There is one or two jiujutsu/judo places, but I prefer striking with some grappling and ground over almost 100% grappling/ground.
>>
>>2392791
>There is one or two jiujutsu/judo places
>I prefer striking with some grappling and ground
>over almost 100% grappling/ground.
>Implying jiujutsu/judo places are 100% grappling/ground.
>In the previous thread: literally 0 (...) bjj (...) places near me

Do you even understand what traditional/brazilian jiu jitsu and judo are? Or worded your post very, very poorly?
>>
>>2392904
He's just wording it poorly, afterall he went from asking for advice to shitting on the names of martial arts styles he doesnt like. He doesnt understand he's limiting the chances he'll get helpful responses from half the threads lurkers since he comes off as being pretentious.
>>
>>2391957
Ribeiro going straight for the kata guruma means that, if Judo rules are followed, it's the pre-2010 rules, where grips were also much less restricted if I recall correctly. Yes, they're focusing on standing - because that's the whole idea for Ribeiro - but
>guillotines are allowed in Judo, with the same restrictions as in BJJ
>standing wrist locks aren't going to change anything while standing, and this comes from someone who's been doing Aikido for a decade
So for all intents and purposes, Ribeiro can fight as he fights during BJJ, with the sole difference that his partner doesn't fight like the average BJJ fighter. It'd be pointless as tournament preparation to follow rules that differ from the ones used during the tournament.

>Sode tsuri komi ashi
I presume you mean sode tsuri komi goshi or sasae tsuri komi ashi?
>>
>>2392791
>Didn't I say I was going to each? Oh yeah, I did.
Anon, you said that there were zero legit martial arts places around you.
Whether or not a martial arts place is legit is not based on the style, but based on their methods of training.
Whatever your preferences may be, you claim to be in search of something legit; as stated previously, legitimacy is not directly related to the style.

>I'm sure they're fine schools, but I doubt they're what I'm looking for.
Probability may or may not be in your favour, but there is not way to truly know until you truly find out.

You know, bias and predetermined opinions and expectations effect the results of experimentation; not to mention how most people often fail to account for the various variables.

Some may claim that you don't truly begin to know a martial arts school until you've spent at least 4 hours every day getting to know the instructors, their knowledge, their experiences, their opinions and beliefs, their methods of training under various conditions, their preferences under various conditions, their fighting ability under various conditions, and their personalities, etcetera, for at least 2 months. Accompanied by observing and experiencing their teaching methods and methods of aiding others in developing skill under various circumstances, with various practitioners who also consist of various variables, etcetera, everything effects everything, make sure to account for the variables.

However, by the time you've gotten to learn something, it may very well have changed. To fail to account for variables, including those which effect the state of the subject, will be a failure to understand said subject.
>>
>>2392791
>>2393778

Do we truly know anything, or do we only know what was?

Can we truly know what was?

If we know what was, do we really know what is?

Through all of out time learning martial arts, are we left behind studying what martial arts used to be?

If we are on the forefront, developing martial arts, evolving martial arts, do we truly understand martial arts?

What is martial arts?
>>
>>2393806
>What is martial arts?
Parkour is a martial art.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMppD-bUNWo
>>
I need some advice.

I've been training kickboxing/full contact for a solid year and I've got my second fight coming up this saturday. We've been sparring but I havent been feeling really well at it. My instructor claims i've gotten better but I just don't feel like it.

Should I just be honest and tell them i'm pulling out? Am I being paranoid and too anxious about it? Should I just lie and make some bullshit excuse?

Fuck.
>>
>>2394981
Why don't you feel you're getting better? Do you not do better against people in sparring? Because they could be getting better too/taking it less and less easy the better you get.
>>
>>2394981
I always tell them I'm pulling out, but then I don't ;)
>>
>>2395023
They are definitely getting better too since we've been all training for the same fight day, but they look way better when they spar together. Don't know if they take it easier on me since i'm the less experienced or cause they're being cautious with me.
>>
>>2394981
Don't pullout once you said you would fight. If your trainer says you have been better, unless he is a crook it is the turth. Sometimes you will feel like your not that good when you actually perform better.
Fight, fight the best you can. Then you can take some time to talk with your trainer.
I wish you success in the fight.
>>
How bad were you guys when you first started? Its my second week and we were practicing footwork and parrys and I was not doing so well with my feet. I got it at the end though, but I'm so critical of myself that I feel like I won't ever be good. It makes me want to work harder but also makes me doubt myself.
>>
>finish rolling up your hand wrap
>realize you did it backwards

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>2395120
It's kinda hard to see how good you look, if you film yourself sparring you'll see that you were better than you expected
>>
>>2395285
>second week
wew, at the very least you need 2 months to get a hold of the basics
Took me 6 months (3 hours per week) of wing chun (I know, I know) to get any proficiency with the system
>>
I train BJJ 10 hours a week, going on an average skillscale after how many months would you recommend average learner be ready for a comp at white belt level?

>kind of a red herring question but meh
>>
File: 1419115241024.gif (2MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
1419115241024.gif
2MB, 360x270px
>>2393444
>standing wrist locks aren't going to change anything while standing, and this comes from someone who's been doing Aikido for a decade.
One video to prove you wrong:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCLpmElX15s
>guillotines are allowed in Judo, with the same restrictions as in BJJ
No they're not. Guillotine in Bjj can be done hooking the chin with your hand like a cup. Even when Ibjjf forbids it. Touching the face is striclty forbidden in Judo.
In BJJ there are almost no ways for the referees to check the difference. Another sample of this is Kata gatame, more often a neck cranck than a choke.
There is a reason Flavio Canto and Travis Stevens are successful in both BJJ and Judo it is because they know the difference between the rules in competition.
I strongly advise you do the same.
If doing bjj and aikido, you can't wristlock thte shit out of purple and brown belts, you have to work a lot on them, especially against an opponent resisting the armbar/omoplata/triangle.
>Sode tsuri komi ashi
Sasae.
>>2393837
>>2393806
>parkour
>martial art
You don't fight, it is no martial art.
Hiza guruma for the fun .gif
>>
>>2395678
If you've been going for a few months now, go for it.
>>
File: mcfertitta.jpg (32KB, 390x285px) Image search: [Google]
mcfertitta.jpg
32KB, 390x285px
>>2376866
>mma gen back
oh baby
>>
>>2395914
>One video to prove you wrong
...which happened exactly once in high level competition. Ergo, 99.9999% of the time it's not changing anything. Personally, I am to date one of the two people I've seen pull of a wristlock submission in competition. BJJ wristlock game is basically worse than BJJ standing game.
>No they're not. Guillotine in Bjj can be done hooking the chin with your hand like a cup. Even when Ibjjf forbids it. Touching the face is striclty forbidden in Judo.
Glossed over that one, but I have yet to see a Judo ref penalize me for doing just that, and I do it quite often. Easy to cover up, and I personally do not make a distinction in competition for this despite playing a completely different game.
>In BJJ there are almost no ways for the referees to check the difference. Another sample of this is Kata gatame, more often a neck cranck than a choke.
Proper kata gatame is no neck cranck and all choke. It's quite easy once you have it down.
>There is a reason Flavio Canto and Travis Stevens are successful in both BJJ and Judo it is because they know the difference between the rules in competition. I strongly advise you do the same.
My win rates are fairly similar - slightly better in Judo - with about 2-3 wins per loss. Just at local level obviously. My game plan is specifically adapted to each sport as I mentioned before. In Judo, I often rely on semi-flying submissions and my guard game, whereas in BJJ I play the ' 'pass or leg lock' game with classic Judo heavy top pressure.

>If doing bjj and aikido, you can't wristlock thte shit out of purple and brown belts, you have to work a lot on them, especially against an opponent resisting the armbar/omoplata/triangle.
The unexpected ones have a far higher success rate in my experience, people who see them coming will defend them correctly. But until recently there weren't that many blue belts to practice them on sadly, so it's only taking off now.
>>
>>2387667
Why does the guy of the smg falls back?

>>2387681
It was more like an excuse to make Bane easily beat his ass without making Bat-fans irate.
>>
File: 1366039317587[1].gif (3MB, 624x352px) Image search: [Google]
1366039317587[1].gif
3MB, 624x352px
>>2396363
The second most widely accepted theory is that batman is a force user, like a proto-jedi.

>Pic related.

Of course, unless you prefer to believe the most accepted theory, which is Nolan not giving a fuck about this film, but that couldn't happen, right?
>>
>>2396440
it's meta as fuck actually, they used keysi as batmans fighting style in the movies. so really what better way to show it off than to have bullshit compliant whiffs at the air that send a mook flying like a rag doll. just like the real thing!
>>
File: wrong.jpg (202KB, 1050x641px) Image search: [Google]
wrong.jpg
202KB, 1050x641px
anybody watching iron fist?

it's an action packed show with some great martial arts!
>>
>>2396711
Apparently the the lead actor was only able to train for 3 weeks before filming.

Like the fuck, you can't learn martial arts in 3 weeks.
>>
File: tumblr_ogft5nQPNh1tfrx5ho5_400.gif (2MB, 360x202px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ogft5nQPNh1tfrx5ho5_400.gif
2MB, 360x202px
>>2396247
>...which happened exactly once in high level competition. Ergo, 99.9999% of the time it's not changing anything. Personally, I am to date one of the two people I've seen pull of a wristlock submission in competition. BJJ wristlock game is basically worse than BJJ standing game.
One other video to prove you wrong
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2dTOlbsYUU
The time to type it to find them.
Regarding guillotine, hands on face are instant hansoku make if seen. If your partner grab your hand and keep it on the face, you will get disqualified. Seen it, find it stupid.
>Proper kata gatame is no neck cranck and all choke. It's quite easy once you have it down.
You wrote it: "proper", not the most used one.b The proper version has to be perfect. If not, it is very easily countered.
Regarding wrist lock, and even all locks is: To apply a lock you have to control the articulation above at least, beneath also if possible starting from the center of gravity/medial line.
>>
>>2396760
Yea but you get an OK grounding in how to drill martial arts convincingly with 3 weeks of regular training.

Then they just run throughs and shoot it scene by scene.
>>
>>2396760
it's not a real fight is the thing, it's a scripted dance that looks like fighting. You can learn to a dance routine in that time.

still though nothing was convincing because the twink pucciboi actor lacked the athleticism to even play fight convincingly
>lived in a monistary practicing kung fu for 15 years
>couldnt even get into full lotus position

they made a mistake in casting, it;s not like he was a great actor aside from the fighting either, he was about as charismatic as drywall. there is a surplus of white martial artists who could moonlight as actors. It shouldn't have been him who got the role
>>
>>2396823
wrist locks don't work on me
you could break my wrist if you cranked it but I'm not going to feel it until it breaks. Like a goose neck, my fingers touch down to my forearm with barely any discomfort.

same way with shoulder locks too, I'll sit in an omoplata all day with my hand touching the back of my head and I'm fine. My elbows used to be the same way but they have both had armbars sunk WAY too deep which caused damage, so they don't bend so far before hurting anymore. I'm hard to submit, I'm just a gumbo
>>
>>2396823
>One other video to prove you wrong
You know full well that wrist locks constitute less than 1% of submissions. Even in my case it's 5% at most, and I'm a wrist lock monster by BJJ standards. They're low risk - high reward with proper training, but most people have neither the knowledge or the skill to pull them off with any sort of consistency.
>Regarding guillotine, hands on face are instant hansoku make if seen. If your partner grab your hand and keep it on the face, you will get disqualified. Seen it, find it stupid.
Discussed this with the current technical director of our national Judo federation, it's supposed to be shido.
>You wrote it: "proper", not the most used one.b The proper version has to be perfect. If not, it is very easily countered.
Get elbow crease next to their neck, keep weight low and close, angle and given a little squeeze if need be, done. Once any kata gatame is locked in, escapes are very rare. Maaaaybe the one Bas Rutten uses, but that's it.
>Regarding wrist lock, and even all locks is: To apply a lock you have to control the articulation above at least, beneath also if possible starting from the center of gravity/medial line.
Articulation control is only true for wrist locks relying on pronated and supinated overextension. Kote hineri and kote mawashi for example only require hand control, and you can ignore direct control of the elbow/rest of the arm entirety through positioning because the two points of control required for applying those lock are so close to one another, ie both are within the palm of the hand.
>>
What are some exercises to get better footwork?

Also, any good tutorials on how to go for a shoot? I feel like I land on my knees too hard
>>
>>2397321
don't take a knee. You don't have to
it's not a downward move its a forward move
>>
>>2397321
In addition to what's been said before, even if your knee touches the ground, it's your opppnent who you should use to drive your weight into, not your knee. Forward movement like anon said.
>>
>>2397395
>>2397506
So the knee shouldn't touch the floor?
>>
>>2397526
it can but it doesn't have to, it's preference
I'm fat so I don't like going down all the way to the floor, I just drop level and lunge in
>>
File: Allah Ali.gif (3MB, 453x350px) Image search: [Google]
Allah Ali.gif
3MB, 453x350px
>>2395914
>You don't fight, it is no martial art.
If I learn Boxing, but I don't learn any punches, and I only learn defensive footwork, defensive headmovement, defensive blocks, and defensive parrying, am I not learning a martial art?
>>
>>2386965
Just got fourth place at collegiate nationals for Judo.

Feel horribly disappointed by myself as I said if i got first or second I would quit life and train full time.

I've only been doing this for four years, and everyone at the higher level has been doing it since they could walk. I feel like I can't catch up. I hate it.

I just want to go to a grand slam, or an international tournament and let someone know I'm a threat. Just that the other guy knew he was in a fight. But I couldn't even win collegiate nationals. The top three guys were on scholarship. I was the king of the plebs.
>>
>>2397321
>What are some exercises to get better footwork?
Just do footwork. Do it slow until you master the technique, and gradually speed up as you master the technique at higher speeds.

> I feel like I land on my knees too hard
That probably means that you're doing it right. The knee approach to a shoot isn't something you should do on harder floors; as long as you're lowering your level, you're good.
>>
>>2388786
for real?
>>
File: 54R60V14.png (1MB, 920x601px) Image search: [Google]
54R60V14.png
1MB, 920x601px
Well, I finally did it. I joined to the wushu school, there are just five students so far and I didn't even get to know if we get to spar or not.
There are some comunication issues with the word "sparring" since the laoshi is native chinese and here we speak spanish.
>>
>>2397575
Can you fight with it?
>>
>>2398072
Based on the definition of "fight" on Dictionary.com, yes.
>>
https://discord.gg/r7uaANr
>>
>>2386259
You don't have any idea about BJJ right? You know pittboys? You know about the Gym wars in the 70s until 90s? Not
Let me see, you is Not a Brazilian and don't ever see true BJJ in your life, only sportive training with no real martial art right?
>>
>>2385620
Jiu-jítsu have throws, but are a few and are rarely trained, for comparison judo have punches (goshin jutsu) but only 1 in 100 dojos training.
>>
File: 1485146921284.gif (2MB, 248x214px) Image search: [Google]
1485146921284.gif
2MB, 248x214px
>>2397575
Wrist locks are under used in BJJ because few know actually how to use them, and competition rulesets do not reward them high (no 2 points). Tis not to say that there are way more underused submissions compared to wristlocks.
>Discussed this with the current technical director of our national Judo federation, it's supposed to be shido.
Maybe this changed with that last overhaul, but it happened a little bit over a year ago.
>Articulation control is only true for wrist locks relying on pronated and supinated overextension.
You are right about those two. Could somebody actually forward roll to aleviate the pain?
Regarging Kata gatame (kg), I've only met 2-3 people actually strangulating me instead of neck crancking me. The elsdest is a Judo bb that actually taught me to apply it properly. When uke tries to defend kg, often the change in alignement of uke and tori's bodies transform the choke in a neck cranck. But it is just my 2 cents.
>>
File: 1436235419943.gif (1MB, 360x202px) Image search: [Google]
1436235419943.gif
1MB, 360x202px
>>2398197
BJJ schools train take downs and throws roughly 100 more than Judo schools train atemis, since goshin jutsu in normally starting from the 5th dan and higher.
>>2396938
So let me choke you, armbar you kneebah you, heel hook you to hold you and yes, I'll find a way to make wrist lock work on you. Same for the omoplata, I'll find the end of the range of motion of your joint, believe me. I've actually met a rubber man like you once and popped his shoulder.
>>
>>2398250
when I get omoplatad you have to go so far forward to put pressure on me it gives me space to escape out the back

it's just not worth it man, you're going to give up a good position by chasing a dragon on me
>>
>>2380845
>I can't believe how stupid some of the regular posters in these threads are. We have the same trolls every thread:
>wing chun is best ma ever

>I can't take a joke and still get assmad after all of these months
>>
>>2399301
Bad technique is bad.
>>
Has any MMA fighter ever commented on Miyamoto Musashi?
>>
>>2396938
>wrist locks don't work on me
You mean 'certain wrist locks don't work on me' because I can guarantee you that I can show you several ones that will work. Certain people can resist certain locks, but all of them.

>>2398206
>Wrist locks are under used in BJJ because few know actually how to use them, and competition rulesets do not reward them high (no 2 points). Tis not to say that there are way more underused submissions compared to wristlocks.
Even if you gain a proper understanding of how they work, you'll be working for years to find set ups that work. More than any other kind of submission, wrist locks require both physical AND mental gymnastics to find control points. I recently wristlocked several people from side control with my thigh for example, or countered kata guruma type sweeps with them.
>Maybe this changed with that last overhaul, but it happened a little bit over a year ago.
Haven't looked it up recently, but I'll take the man's word for it.
>You are right about those two. Could somebody actually forward roll to aleviate the pain?
Depends entirely on how you control them.
>Regarging Kata gatame (kg), I've only met 2-3 people actually strangulating me instead of neck crancking me. The elsdest is a Judo bb that actually taught me to apply it properly. When uke tries to defend kg, often the change in alignement of uke and tori's bodies transform the choke in a neck cranck. But it is just my 2 cents.
Ever since I got it down, the choke/crank ratio is about 80/20 for me, but I make sure to block the escape routes before applying it (facilitating maintaining the required position), then sink it in really deep. So in the end, of those 20 cranks, probably half will be caused by me messing it up somehow, the rest by the opponent. It's quite consistent, even against escapes.
>>
>>2395385
I know the feel
>>
File: eye gouge.jpg (41KB, 982x543px) Image search: [Google]
eye gouge.jpg
41KB, 982x543px
Is this the most realistic fight scene ever?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU0Qkgo9HL4
>>
>>2401344
like I said, I'm not claiming to have an unbreakable wrist, but you're going to have to break it before I'm made uncomfortable by it

and if you purposely break my wrist, I win :^)
>>
>>2401637
Tell me, how many ways do you know to lock a wrist? There's wrist locks in which flexibility is irrelevant - joints only bend certain ways.
>>
Who has some sparring footage of themselves?
>>
>>2401684
The real question is who want to get doxxed on 4chan?
>>
>>2401560
>0:29
what
>1:11
the guy just taps his shoulders, what
Overall overreacted, annoying lelsocrazyxd character
>1:32
what, just randomly loses the magazine, also has a damn rifle and just runs near him, why are movie choreographers so silly with this stuff
>1:45
it's like she went into a videogame bad guy animation
>2:07
yeah perfectly good choice, hitting people on the ground is for pussies! And he just leaves him there, what was the point of that whole action? Like throw him down the bridge or something, he just gave him space to get up, what the fuck

Stopped watching
>>
>>2401726
nobody gives a fuck about you faggots
>>
>>2401737
>Stopped watching
pussy
>>
>>2398250
Ho boy...
Kid, if the opponent go to floor because he wants floor-game is not a throw, if "I" want project the opponent and "he" want to stay in position and "he" dawn "this" is a throw.
>>
Who wants to talk about they way they fight?
>>
You. Yes, you. How do you fight?
>>
>>2401669
the only ones you can really hurt me with are if you twist side to side, but I'm not going to feel it, it will just pop if you go too far
>>
>>2402088
Name them, post images or videos or whatever. State which ones you've personally undergone, applied by someone who can correctly execute them.
>>
>>2397321
>Also, any good tutorials on how to go for a shoot?
There're so many people posting unorganized, unstructured, long ass videos full of rambling, I just might start making my own.
>>
>>2402106
I've undergone all known wrist locks. don't you think I would test this ability out to see what the limits are?

on many occasions not only have I tested, but other people who don't believe it have tested
>feel this?
no
>how about this?
no
>now?
no
>now?
no

and so on
if you pull and twist you can sprain it, but It doesn't hurt me until it gets to that point. That's a fake wrist lock anyway
same works with my shoulders. And I don't have particularly flexible elbows, but if you don't have my shoulder completely locked the tension will pass down from my elbow to the shoulder so I can take deeper than normal arm bars too. they work on me, but you need to really make sure the application is as deep and tight as possible, if my arm has any room to move my shoulders relieve the pressure enough to pretty reliably escape

I don't know about my legs, I don't fuck with testing how far a leg lock can go on me. I don't mind a sore arm for a couple weeks, I don't need to get my knees blown out though
>>
>>2402536
>I've undergone all known wrist locks.
All six of them?

>That's a fake wrist lock anyway
Now, even if you can take all of them, that's some bullshit reasoning desu. Joint locks inherently cause injury at some point when applied with gradually increasing force, the lack of pain doesn't change that. Ie. if it results in injury when taken far enough, it was applied correctly.
>>
File: arm triangle figure four grip.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
arm triangle figure four grip.webm
3MB, 960x540px
There's a huge reason why choke holds are taught sooner then wrist holds in judo

People are stubborn or have various amounts of pain thresholds/tolerance and will refuse to tap to a joint like, this leads to unnecessary injuries and shelving people longer then needed.

Whereas you have someone stubbornly not tap out to a choke out and they just black out but in the intermediated time are still good to train.

For my own students i like to teach kata gatame, being able to convert from their pin holds or control scrambles into a choke, even if the choke isnt locked they can still get their pin
>>
File: arm triangle mcman.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
arm triangle mcman.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>2402723
>>
File: tumblr_nb7o0eJoPs1tcfs15o1_400.gif (2MB, 300x321px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nb7o0eJoPs1tcfs15o1_400.gif
2MB, 300x321px
>>2401754
You do since you answer me ...
>>2401811
Well, what else to say? You're a fag?
>>2402695

>>2402723
>>2402728
I start early with them, but advise to use them gently. I've got more trouble with white belt neck crancking in kata gatame and pressuring knee on belly on ribs...
.gif not related or remotly
>>
>>2402695
I already said you could break my wrist if you went far enough with a twist, but I'm going to feel pain from the break not from the stretch

you literally can't goose neck me, my hand bends all the way down to my forearm, you can't physically exceed its range of motion
>>
File: 0.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
How to get into Greco Roman if not offered in High School? Seems like a sport I want to get into, both for /fit/ and competition.
>>
>>2396711
The nun-chaku sequence made me want to kill myself.

Like the 13 year old in my dojo does it better.
>>
>>2404304
>using the sword
>let me show you japanese style
>wields it 1 handed
whut
>>
>>2403564
based el cucuy
>>
>>2404103
local MMA gym, asking the grappling coach if there are local wrestling clubs, or ask local HS wrestling coaches about clinics or clubs
>>
What martial art should I take up?

I'm 5'10" and 130 pounds, and 20 years old.

I did tae kwon for a while when I was little (I remember breaking boards) and did boxing for a year or two when I was in my early teens.
>>
>>2404779
depends on your location, budget and schedule really
not all areas have the same available coaches, you could be around really good wrestlers, or judoka, or MMA fighters or boxers, or even the few legit karateka just really depends on your location
>>
File: Flow_Chart.png (2MB, 1024x4521px) Image search: [Google]
Flow_Chart.png
2MB, 1024x4521px
>>2404779
>>
>>2404304
By any chance, is him?

https://youtu.be/pzXL-KM2UqU
>>
>>2405179
lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXcAZgbztiA

I like how he suffered from the beginners problem on t.rexing his empty hand, so the directors just told him to keep it pinned to his chest so nobody would notice
>>
>>2404780
I live in Houston, so there is basically every martial art available to me
>>
Fuck bros, I'm so goddamn bored out my mind. I broke my rib a month ago during sparring and I've just been stuck in my fucking house playing video games and jacking off. I've been tempted to go back to training just to curb the craving but it'll do my ribs worse.
>>
>>2405961
There's more to life than martial arts, video games, and jacking off.
Now you have an opportunity to explore all that life has to offer.
>>
>>2403740
I have no issues with the goose neck claim, I know several people who can bend their hands all the way as well, but I have trouble believing you can also resist all others, being
>supinating lock - some people can resist fairly long, but don't think I've seen someone shrug it off completely
>adductive lock/z lock and pronating lock - heard of one guy who was immune
>hyperextending lock - unless you can bend your knuckles back to your forearm, but I haven't seen that before either
>rotational lock - never saw someone resist, this is the mechanical equivalent of a heel hook
>>
how many memes could i throw if I took
sambo + judo + bjj
>>
File: 1474998138254.png (416KB, 960x986px) Image search: [Google]
1474998138254.png
416KB, 960x986px
>tfw want to learn a striking art for self-defense but grapplers are superior in any real world situation
>>
>>2407460
>tfw want to learn mutiple grappling arts but striking arts are superior
>>
>>2407460
Do both famalama
>>
>>2407460
>tfw you want to become a ninja but modern arts are superior
>>
>>2407460
>grapplers are superior in any real world situation
>Said no one ever
>>
File: judo in the streets uchi mata.gif (1MB, 260x190px) Image search: [Google]
judo in the streets uchi mata.gif
1MB, 260x190px
>>2407868
said a bunch of people and there's proof in numerous ways it has work
>>
>>2407870
There's also proof it has not work
>>
>>2408066
so we are stuck with no conversation huh?
>>
>>2407460
>not both
>implying it isnt dependent on the practitioner/situation
Why stay pleb?
>>
>>2405986
Martial arts were one of the only few things that made me feel alive, call me cliché but yeah it's true.
>>
>>2407416
'bout three fiddy.
>>2407460
Not superior, easier to abide to the law.
>>2407495
is right about it.
>>2408661
Try yoga if you're allowed to.
>>
>>2408066
the only people who tell you grappling is superior are grappling teachers when that's the only thing they know how to do.
>>
>>2408066
>>2409255
You know the fun thing about this whole grappling vs striking argument?

When looking for evidence on youtube, you find, at one hand, this:
>Striking
https://youtu.be/cKMOh5YqAKQ
https://youtu.be/p_CS7aZPku4
https://youtu.be/VlXjyP2IQiM

And at the other:
>Grappling:
https://youtu.be/tpgg7mwxoLU
>Note: Not all footage technically shows BJJ. Although many of them are untrained, they use grappling tactics and similar principles of BJJ to their advantage.

In short, grappling arts are limited to one on one fights (so most of these so called "street fight" videos are actually a bunch of guys fooling around and playing fight club), and usually the grappler gets hit before even managing to get a hold, let's not talk about the dominant position. Of course, assuming they get to the ground. Let's take a look again at this webm: >>2387393

So, while grappling is great at the cage because the safe rules that secure the competitors come back home relatively harmless, in the street, without these, the game is completely different, and isn't always pretty.

One more video:
https://youtu.be/s3_tIU4lLtw

You know, when a channel called GRAPPLERS PLANET uploads that... well, you should read the comments.

In short: captain hindsight to the rescue!
>>
>>2408744
>'bout tree fiddy
good to know
>>
There's on legit boxing, and one legit judo place near me.

should i go for it bois
>>
>>2409542
Of course not. Stay home, never improve.
>>
>>2409551
not going to improve, going to learn.
i'm already fucking ripped, just needa channel my fit gains
>>
>>2409408
>they use grappling tactics and similar principles of BJJ to their advantage
don't do it, man
if it's not jiujitsu it's not jiujitsu. often times bjj fuh leif bros consider gravity a bjj technique
>look at how this bigger guy lays on top of the smaller guy, bjj in action boys
>>
>>2409569
Learning a new skill is improvement m8
>>
I just started training in MMA. I feel so awkward when I see myself throwing combinations on the heavy bag in video recordings. My coach or anyone hasn't called me out on anything though. Not sure if I'm just being really critical of my self
>>
>>2409841
Actually I think I know the issue. I have lanky arms so I think I'm too close when I practice outside of the gym. That would make me look awkward, right?
>>
>>2408661
>Martial arts were one of the only few things that made me feel alive
Don't dwell on the past, create yourself a new and great future.
>>
Would doing russian twists help me get better at dodging punches? When I try to slip, bob, weave, whatever I feel pretty stiff and slow.
>>
>>2409841
have you tried asking your coach about it?
>>
>>2409569
yeah do it. Train both at the same time if you're a huge neet, just make sure you're going at least 3 times a week or something for max gains
>>
>>2407460
>fighting for self defense
just carry a stick bro. No martial arts beats a dude with a stick
>>
>>2410434
>stick
>not a tactical flashlight
>fits in the palm of your hand
>500+ lumens of retina searing light (blindness occurs at 80)
>strobe mode for disorienting attackers
>rivets on the striking edge to leave deep wounds in the attackers head
>can also be used as a flashlight
>>
>>2410421
Well he observes me do stuff. I don't know, I feel a lot comfortable with my form actually sparring as opposed to working the heavy bag, you know what I mean?
>>
>>2409721
In case you weren't aware, that's the description of the video in the youtube page. No, really, whoever compiled those videos literally wrote that untrained people can and are using bjj to their advantage... as long as they win the fight, I suppose.

Also, as that anon said, a good chunk of those videos are wannabe ufc guys playing on parks and alleys.

Quite pathetic desu.
>>
>>2411108
check out this slick back take, right into side control, then slips straight into S mount for the finish
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGe1Wm83kkI
>>
>>2410561
A stick is deployed faster and has a greater range.
>>
I don't suppose anyone here would be willing to help a nigga pick a gym, would they?
>>
>>2410434
>being a pussy
>>
>>2412215
>wood has is faster and has further reach than light
>>
File: expandable-baton.jpg (66KB, 583x629px) Image search: [Google]
expandable-baton.jpg
66KB, 583x629px
>>2412830
who would carry a simple stick and not a expandable baton, pic related.
>>
>>2412875
people that live in places where such things are illegal
>>
>>2410561
>can also be used as a flashlight
got me
>>
>>2412236
post your location
>>
>>2412236
We can help you, but the best option for getting closer to finding the best gym is always going to every gym and them out.
>>
>>2405961
>tfw feeling this after 3 days
>>
>>2401560
The dialogue was too critical ge for me to watch that
>>
>>2401876
With a mind for death and a heart full of rage. I shall unleash my vengeance upon you like the crashing of a thousand waves!
>>
>>2410561
Is this for real? With all the garbage personal defence that gets pumped, sometimes I can't tell if anon posted a joke or someone somewhere is legitimate trying to pass his statements as truth.
>>
>>2415727
its true. Tactical flashlights are those weapons that fall into the category of "totally not a weapon" but it's being manufactured for the sole purpose of being a weapon

someone starts giving you shit you pop it from your belt, strobe the motherfucker and while he's blinded trench his scalp with the striking edge hammer fist style
>>
File: counter setup frog.webm (626KB, 426x236px) Image search: [Google]
counter setup frog.webm
626KB, 426x236px
Frogs can teach humanity some things about fighting.
>>
Street fight kickboxing. What think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pm4WaRMy7ec
>>
>>2416708
The guy on purple doesn't seem to train much, if anything at all. He barely attempted to block or dodge the other guy's kicks, and barely could kick or throw a punch.

But he's tough, I will given him that. He took a lot of punches and kicks and barely flinched.
>>
>>2416708
That we really need to meme fighting on grass amd dirt so less poeople get injured from concrete.
>>
>>2416708
the fuck is a freestyle boxer?
>>
>>2416738
>He barely attempted to block or dodge the other guy's kicks, and barely could kick or throw a punch.
He managed to evade his punches though. To me it looks like he has a little bit of boxing experience and then did some other stuff, whatever that stuff was. He moves more like a boxer than anything.

>>2416748
Not a bad idea.
>>
>>2416797
I'm guessing they were trying to say a fighter who It's free of style but focuses on boxing or has a primary base in boxing.
>>
>>2416687
>Took 3 clean blows before countering
>>
File: 1480876077058.png (90KB, 268x265px) Image search: [Google]
1480876077058.png
90KB, 268x265px
>TFW want to learn Ninjustu
>no good Ninjustu places for over 100 miles
>>
>>2417443
Learn martial arts. To keep the "ninja flavor" do japanese arts, and include weapon arts. Learn about espionage. Done.
>>
>>2416708
"freestyle" fighters always suck shit
>>
File: 1489301084180.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1489301084180.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
.webm for the fun.
>>
>>2418097
2diverse4u u can't handle the variety
>>
>>2418673
Is UFC worth watching?
>>
>>2419073

yes

it's better than WWMEME mandrama
>>
>>2419075
No one even mentioned pro wrestling. Why are you so insecure?
>>
>>2418097
usually means they have never formally trained anywhere, or if they have they jumped between schools so much they weren't at any of them long enough to get comfortable with the system

all fighters at a sufficiently high are freestyle fighters. Because you learn the fundamentals and then later adapt them and modify them to work for you. But at that point you aren't calling yourself a freestyle fighter, you're still a boxer or whatever
>>
>>2395285
I was tremendously abysmal when I started. I took a year of 4 training sessions a week to get to the point normal people get to in a month. 16 years later I can confirm the hard work pays off.
>>
>>2401184
My renshi (7th dan karate, trained in BJJ under Royce Gracie, been doing martial arts for over 40 years, trains IDF soldiers) always tells us to read the book of five rings.
>>
>>2405065
>ameridote
>>
File: 1471359828322.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1471359828322.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>2419073
It depends. Some fight are good, some fights are pure shit. Recently, championship match turned to be shitty because UFC is no longer an actual championship where #2 fight champion but a popularity contest where the champ tries to milk the more money out of his next fight.
>>
>>2419349
>all fighters at a sufficiently high are freestyle fighters
lol this is so dumb stopped reading
>>
File: Wikipedia - Freestyle Fighting.jpg (316KB, 1643x738px) Image search: [Google]
Wikipedia - Freestyle Fighting.jpg
316KB, 1643x738px
>>2418097
>almost all modern ufc fighters suck shit
>Rory MacDonald especially sucks
>>
>>2419075
>>2420060
I mean like do you see strategy and actually learn a bit from watching?
>>
>>2417443
>no good ninjutsu place within 100 miles

Makes sense considering there's no good ninjutsu place on planet earth.
>>
>>2420076
it's true
>>
>>2421619
A good Boxer, no matter how good he is, no matter how many more than 15 years of experience he has in Boxing, is not a Freestyle fighter.

However, depending on how you define "Freestyle," and how you categorize martial arts, some martial artists, who also happen to be good at their arts, are Freestyle Fighters.

A lot of Kickboxing these days is just freestyle striking.

Kickboxing, as a general term, is Freestyle.

Like >>2420076 said, >>2419349 is stupid, and is likely just shitposting b8.

Also, "dumb" is so fucking stupid. Someone who was "dumb" was someone who has a speech impediment. But because of popular ignorance and delusion, the modern definition of "dumb" is not the original meaning of "dumb."

Like "gay."

Gay used to mean happy, now, someone who is gay is someone who is homosexual.
>>
>>2421092
Well yeah. Pro fighters watch tape of their opponents to study and prepare for them.
>>
>>2421829
>I mean like do you see strategy and actually learn a bit from watching?
>>2421829
>Well yeah.
It depends on the person, whether they're paying attention, whether they understand what's happening, and various other variables.

But the variables also have their own variables, and it's not a clear "true or false" or "yes or no," either.

Depending on how much someone pays attention, they will probably get more or less out of watching it.

Depending on how much the person comprehends what that person is watching, the person will probably get more or less out of watching it.
>>
how we popularized sport jujutsu?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEXqLNdsByI
>>
>>2423550
mma with different scoring?
>>
File: 1451962115672.jpg (100KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
1451962115672.jpg
100KB, 540x960px
Muay Thai or boxing? Muay Thai would be at a Spartan fitness, boxing would be at a boxing gym. The boxing gym atmosphere seems appealing, but I've never been inside either one so I can't really say much. Sparring looks fun and I really want to get into that. Pic not related but it's my cat
>>
>>2423783
I think muay thai is a marketing buzzword. I've only ever come across two people that advertised muay thai and actually did authentic muay thai. Most people are just kickboxing and using the name
>>
File: close guard missionary pull out.jpg (38KB, 600x906px) Image search: [Google]
close guard missionary pull out.jpg
38KB, 600x906px
>>2421092
They're fucking high level fighters. Sometimes they get away with techniques/moves/skills that would get you ko'd fast since they're doing it so well with such good timing. So it is hard to learn from them, but possible.
Bjj scout and Jack slack channels on youtube are a great starting point if you want to learn about high level skill in MMA.
On the technical level, most of /asp/ don't understand what's going on in the clinch and on the ground.
>>
>>2424543
>most of /asp/ don't understand what's going on on the ground
>I'm a butthurt bjj player who's mad because /asp told me that bjj doesn't work on the streets
>>
>>2376866
>not specializing leglocks
Can't get your title if they're in hospital :^)
>>
File: hN23nLm.gif (1024KB, 323x258px) Image search: [Google]
hN23nLm.gif
1024KB, 323x258px
>>2421092
Absolutely.
>>
>>2425234
Anklebiter.
>>
>>2376866
Is Conor McGregor vs Mayweather actually happening?
>>
File: 1 (18).jpg (232KB, 963x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1 (18).jpg
232KB, 963x1400px
I'm a NEET that's doing judo four times a week, but I feel that isn't enough, so I'd love some other resources. Right now I'm checking blackbeltwiki, but I'd love more stuff to look at.
I'm still just a beginner too.
>>
>>2425768
MMA is what you're looking for. Personally I do kickboxing, karate (both Shotokan and Kyokushin), BJJ and Greco-Roman wrestling.
>>
>>2420060
This. I love GSP, but he shouldn't get a title shot immediately upon return.
>>
>>2425818
I mean resources on judo, I am planning on starting something else, but I wanna at least try a month or so just with judo to get used to it.
>>
File: 1467115916441.gif (995KB, 500x514px) Image search: [Google]
1467115916441.gif
995KB, 500x514px
>>2425098
Most of /asp/ don't even understand diffference between muay thai and kick-boxing so please, get your autism where it can be dealt with.
>>2421092
Lawrence kenshin and Muay Thai Scholar are two great chanels for those who want to get further.
>>
>>2425822
That would put the fighters in control of the franchise and they're not interested in the long term success of the sport.
>>
>>2425891
Why don't you tell us how radically different Muay Thai and Kickboxing are?
>>
File: spinning elbow ko 2 v2.gif (2MB, 324x303px) Image search: [Google]
spinning elbow ko 2 v2.gif
2MB, 324x303px
>>2426041
>Why don't you tell us how radically different Muay Thai and Kickboxing are?
.gif related
>>
>>2426069
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kickboxing#Knee_and_elbow_strikes
>>
File: clinch knee to elbow ko.gif (3MB, 346x356px) Image search: [Google]
clinch knee to elbow ko.gif
3MB, 346x356px
>>2426123
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kickboxing#Knee_and_elbow_strikes
>Doesn't know the difference between Japanese, Dutch and American kick-boxing.
There are things that are not written explicitly on wikipedia.
Go train now.
If we're lucky, we'll train for another day.
>>
File: 0413elbow2.jpg (367KB, 640x785px) Image search: [Google]
0413elbow2.jpg
367KB, 640x785px
>>2426152
We weren't talking about the difference between Japanese, Dutch and American kickboxing. Why don't you stop avoiding the argument?
>>
>>2425891
>Most of /asp/ don't even understand diffference between muay thai and kick-boxing so please, get your autism where it can be dealt with
You don't know us, faggot!

>most of /asp/
Are you including the mandrama enthusiasts, as well?
>>
Why is /mag/ on /asp/ anyway? I had the hardest time finding this general.
>>
File: switch step to elbow.gif (4MB, 340x349px) Image search: [Google]
switch step to elbow.gif
4MB, 340x349px
>>2426182
Someone there >>2426041 asked what made Kick-Boxing and Muay-Thai radically different.

Posting a .gif from a spinning elbow ko. I stated that elbows was what made them different.

>>2426123
answered with a link to a page:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kickboxing#Knee_and_elbow_strikes
Where the content regarding the point is:
>Knee and elbow strikes[edit]
The knee and elbow techniques in Japanese kickboxing, indicative of its Muay Thai heritage, are the main difference that separates this style from other kickboxing rules[citation needed]. See ti sok and ti khao for details.
This not to say that following a few MMA bouts in Japan elbows were temporaly banned from all bouts (kb/mt/mma/wrestling) in Japan.

The content of this page as an answer lead me to respond that it was implied that there were no difference between the various styles of kick boxing, and their respective rulesets.

So what's the point now? That there are no main difference between KB and MT?
Yes there are some, mainly the elbows. Clinch is drastically different with or without elbows. Mid distance fight is radically different with or without elbows. This is a part of what make KB and MT radically different.

Now that you're enlighten go and train them.
>>2426182
>That pic that you posted
Nice trolling, at least it bumps the thread.
>>
>>2426266
>Why is /mag/ on /asp/ anyway?
Martial arts are alternative sports.
>>
>>2426266
This board used to be almost exclusively martial arts with a couple other sports like HEMA, park our and skateboarding mixed in. There was one wrasslefags general and that was it.

But those were the before times...
>>
>>2426272
You have a snobby attitude that they were radically different and then you barely tell me one thing that's not even different, you keep asserting things instead of proving them, and do you think that because low blows are banned in sparring that nobody is going to do it in a fight? Scroll up and read the part about Karate.
>>
File: 7547848457.jpg (73KB, 671x660px) Image search: [Google]
7547848457.jpg
73KB, 671x660px
>>2426339
>but those were the before times...
>>
>>2426345
Go train fagget.
Oh, I forgot, you're a wrassler...
Elbows in Karate... .. .
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EsadP4D_oE

the only way to train for a real life encounter
>>
File: makiwara3.jpg (26KB, 518x358px) Image search: [Google]
makiwara3.jpg
26KB, 518x358px
>>2426417
Yes elbows in Karate. Go back to /mlp/.
>>
File: parkour - slide and vault.gif (980KB, 260x146px) Image search: [Google]
parkour - slide and vault.gif
980KB, 260x146px
>>2426339
>park our
You mean: Parkour.
>>
>>2426339
>with a couple other sports like HEMA, park our and skateboarding mixed in.
Parkour and HEMA are martial arts
>>
>>2426554
>elbows in karate.
>pic of the wost performed elbow strike in decades.
You drank the cool aid.
Mfw I did too...

I look forward to see how you'll never be able to use elbows properly.
>>
>>2426997
Not the anon you replied to, but what the fuck are you on about, mate?
>>
>>2427062
He's trying to keep me on the defensive with Socratic irony.
>>
File: 1-Close Roundhosue Leg Kick.gif (2MB, 360x202px) Image search: [Google]
1-Close Roundhosue Leg Kick.gif
2MB, 360x202px
Sup, my negros; I'm just going to dump some gifs since the bump limit has been reached.
>>
File: 1-Fake Side to Turning Side .gif (1MB, 360x202px) Image search: [Google]
1-Fake Side to Turning Side .gif
1MB, 360x202px
>>
File: 1-Grappling vs Front Kick .gif (1MB, 360x202px) Image search: [Google]
1-Grappling vs Front Kick .gif
1MB, 360x202px
>>
File: 1419894032142.gif (2MB, 340x301px) Image search: [Google]
1419894032142.gif
2MB, 340x301px
>>2428085
Blurry.
>>2428106
Far away.
>>2428428
Shaky.
>>
File: 1-Side Kick.gif (2MB, 360x202px) Image search: [Google]
1-Side Kick.gif
2MB, 360x202px
>>
File: Cross Downward Block.gif (1MB, 360x202px) Image search: [Google]
Cross Downward Block.gif
1MB, 360x202px
>>2428493
Spot on.
>>
File: 1-Slip Recovery.gif (2MB, 360x202px) Image search: [Google]
1-Slip Recovery.gif
2MB, 360x202px
>>
File: 1-Turning Elbow.gif (1MB, 360x202px) Image search: [Google]
1-Turning Elbow.gif
1MB, 360x202px
>>
File: tumblr_inline_nd7ldbJhu11t2dbxf.gif (898KB, 384x288px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_nd7ldbJhu11t2dbxf.gif
898KB, 384x288px
>>
File: 4.gif (3MB, 320x162px) Image search: [Google]
4.gif
3MB, 320x162px
>>
File: 1454215866158.gif (1MB, 260x146px) Image search: [Google]
1454215866158.gif
1MB, 260x146px
>>
>>2426970
Hema, yes but it had its own thread for obvious reasons.

Parkour is literally non-combative, fuck off.
>>
new thread >>2429400
>>
>>2426266
Guy who started the general here, it would be nice if more diverse threads started popping up, but they die too fast
Thread posts: 328
Thread images: 82

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.