[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shelton Benjamin was an overrated hack

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 8

File: nigger.jpg (72KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
nigger.jpg
72KB, 1200x675px
Lets have an honest and fair discussion

The reason Shelton was ever over in the first place was because HHH lost to him cleanly which no one saw coming and then Shelton picked up a mic and exposed himself really he wasn't main event material. He was also rumored by insiders to be a "nuisance" backstage wanting to always call his mother before matches, hence why they paired him with the "mommas boy" gimmick

Eugene was literally Horswoggle before Horsnwoggle. The only time Eugene ever gained cheers when those idiot donuts at creative decided to make him an active wrestler with legends such as The Rock, Hulk Hogan, or Jimmy Snucka giving him a rub. Fans eventually gave him mild reactions once the WWE decided to stop having legends put him over and than he received X Pac heat. Sandman blew him the fuck out, he should have killed himself afterwards

Prove me wrong
>>
That HBK match is also completely overrated.
>>
shelton was just a guy with cool spots and eugene was a meme wrestler who couldn't even get cheered over hhh when he was at his most despised, not sure why you care about them still
>>
>>2139875
They killed the WWE
>>
>>2139866
He was. Good athlete but blown way out of proportion in terms of ability.
He got a push and couldn't float it because he has literally, unironically, zero charisma.
>>
>>2139866
Shelton is 100% in ring performance.

He's lacking in charisma and his mic work is terrible but it's not like those same negatives have stoped WWE from trying to push Roman as the top face.
>>
>>2139906
Benjamin has been washed-up for years, his stints in NJPW & ROH were terribad.
>>
>>2139866
Shelton early on was a damn good worker. True he couldn't talk to save his life, but that is literally half the roster right now.

>nuisance
>for calling his mom

Wut?
How is a man calling his mom backstage a big deal? Meanwhile Roman is said to travel with his dad, who basically makes all of his discussions for him.
In the end Shelton was right were he belonged. Decent midcard guy who held a few belts.
>>
>>2139866
He's the embodiment of European Title Tier talent.
>>
File: S035Yp6l.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
S035Yp6l.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
>>
>>2139866
>discussion
Gb2wrestlingforum
>>
>>2139866

I thought you needed to be over 18 to post here. In your case you need to be over 16.
>>
>>2140896
Vince usually has stupid reasons for burying people
>>
>>2139871
HBK in general is overrated. He gets a lot of credit for things that aren't really all that impressive now that time has passed since his retirement and we see the type and caliber of wrestlers that are now getting a chance to shine, not just in the WWE but in the whole world. Sure Michaels may have inspired some of them, but a lot of them have outshined him already in the modern age.
>>
>>2141689
lol at this happy horseshit. maybe 2000's hbk, but nobody on ram or smackdown today is as good as 1996-1997 hbk
>>
>>2141777
Styles is better.
>>
>>2141807
Let's see him main event multiple wrestlemanias let alone one
>>
>>2141828
>getting pushed makes you the best

What a mark.
>>
File: 1474782578848.jpg (38KB, 362x346px) Image search: [Google]
1474782578848.jpg
38KB, 362x346px
>>2139866
>Shelton Benjamin was an overrated hack

Shelton never even broke past midcard and had a decent stint as enhancement talent.
How is he overrated in any capacity?
>>
>>2141848
He also had more 5 and 4+ star matches

Theres no evidence that AJ is even close it's just an underage meme
>>
>>2141887
>more 5 and 4+ star matches

According to Meltzer? Who gives a fuck? 1996-7 HBK was not that great and was never the best worker in the company.
>>
>>2141887

>Le meltz ratings

Seriously just leave
>>
>>2141689

>HBK is overrated

I'd expect this from a 20 year old millenial. Can't really blame you, when you were born, the Montreal screwjob had already happened, and then 2 years later HBK had to semi-retire, and you couldn't even walk so you have no idea what you're even saying. The best wrestler you probably ever saw was Edge.
>>
>>2141689
>but a lot of them have outshined him already in the modern age.

Shawn Michaels was actually a pop-icon superstar, none of today's wrestlers come even close to reaching his mainstream appeal. They're just cheap knock-offs of him, I don't even know what you mean when you say that there are wrestlers who have outshined him already, that's a beyond dumb statement to make.
>>
>>2141937
>Can't really blame you, when you were born,

Even if this was an argument, are you not aware people can watch old shit? HBK marks are ridiculously stupid.
>>
>>2141937
millennials were a mistake
>>
>>2141952

I'm glad you're not even disputing the fact that you're a millenial early 20's sperg.

>C-c-an't you just go back and watch old footage

You can but that doesn't mean you would know what you're talking about. You'd have to follow a wrestler's career week in and week out to truly appreciate their talents.

Asking your mommy to pay for WWE network so you can watch a cherry-picked Shawn Michaels match, and you being the toddler that you are immediately assume that Seth Rollins is way better than him.

I've seen morons on here say that DX was much bigger and better than NWO and they got this idea from the cherry-picked documentaries that Vince had made.
>>
>>2141963
>I'm glad you're not even disputing the fact that you're a millenial early 20's sperg.

I'm not even the same guy, you retard. Keep taking down strawmen, though.

>You'd have to follow a wrestler's career week in and week out to truly appreciate their talents.

Are you trying to make yourself look bad on purpose? It's entirely possible to view majority of Shawn's career on the internet. There's no "true" way to appreciate his talents and following the WWE weekly in 90s certainly isn't.

>morons on here say that DX was much bigger and better than NWO

Sure, you did. Who gives a fuck?
>>
>>2141978
>I'm not even the same guy

And I'm pretty sure you expected me to distinguish this before cause your name totally still isn't "Anonymous"

> It's entirely possible to view majority of Shawn's career on the internet.

Actually it isn't. You can watch a highlight reel of someone but that won't come even close to encompassing that entire person's career, Shawn had tons of great matches that don't get talked about cause they get lost in the muddle, people only remember the wrestlemania performances which were also great.

Bottomline: Saying that HBK is overrated and some meme wrestler copying his style today is much better is pure stupidity. That's the stuff I'd expect to hear from someone who is still in high school or college (which you probably are)
>>
>>2141992
>And I'm pretty sure you expected me to distinguish this before cause your name totally still isn't "Anonymous"

Maybe try not assuming shit before making an ass out of yourself. You didn't have an argument to begin with.

>Actually it isn't

Denying facts now? Fuck off with your millennial boogeyman bullshit, faggot. All you're doing is repeating yourself now.
>>
>>2142011

>reply to someone who replied to me
>Hurr that wasn't even me before

Maybe have the foresight of stating that before the fact dummy not after. You're the only one making a clown out of yourself.

>Denying facts

I haven't denied any facts, I just won't believe it when a 10 year old tells me HBK is overrated cause a more acrobatic person like Apollo Crews exists right now. I just won't. Sorry pal. Try again.
>>
>>2142019
>Maybe have the foresight of stating that before the fact dummy not after.

First time on 4chan, pal? It only revealed what little you had to say, anyway.

>still putting up strawmen to put down, only argument is "scary, ignorant millenials didn't watch RAW weekly in the 90s"

I know it's /asp/ and discussion is rare let alone involving legit arguments, but you look like and likely are an idiot.
>>
>>2142025

>Literally too dumb to state that he's a different poster

Wew

>Complains about strawmen while strawmanning and throwing in an extra ad-hominem

Do you have actually have a point other than blatant posturing up?
>>
>>2141963
>You'd have to follow a wrestler's career week in and week out to truly appreciate their talents.

What are you babbling about? You could witness his in ring matches and promos dating back to his stint with The Rockers on the Internet

If you're talking about obsessed fanboy following in beyond the ring he was discerned to be a piece of shit personally and Shawn would even agree with me on that considering that inspired him to be "born again"

And are you really a 40 something posting on 4chan? Sad!
>>
>>2142054
>And are you really a 40 something posting on 4chan? Sad!

Lol you're pretty angry little guy that I called you out as a teenager.

Like I said, the best wrestler you grew up with was Edge. You were still suckling your mommy's breasts when HBK was main-eventing mania in 1998.
>>
>>2141887
I'm closer to 30 than you are to 18.
>>
>>2142031

You thought someone not denying an irrelevant and wild accusation was worth bringing up in the first place.

>doesn't even know what an ad-hominem is

You won't stop unless I do, right?
>>
File: image.gif (408KB, 624x345px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
408KB, 624x345px
>>2142058
>US 90s KIDS RITE
>>
>>2141920
>>2141934
>le contrarian anti meltzer smarks

18+ have sex
>>
>>2142065

>He replies to me
>I reply back
>He responds and calls me a retard although he didn't differentiate that saying that I should magically have known he was another person
>This isn't an ad-hominem according to his jumbled up brain

Answer the last question. What's your point exactly? If you can't I'll be the bigger man here and not respond to you, you clearly never knew what you were talking about since the first post
>>
>>2142077
>SEETHING
>>
>>2142074

Calling you a retard had nothing to with dismissing your arguments. Thank you for proving without a shadow of a doubt you actually don't know what it means. Holy shit, you're stupid.
>>
>>2142077
>Meltzer
>balding
>40

Oh somebody's definitely underage here but it's not the guy you're replying to...
>>
>>2142077
>mom i proved that i'm smarter than meltzer!
>>
>>2142082

Lel you called me a retard cause you somehow expected

I think it's you who's the retard, acting all high and mighty expecting rational responses but the fact is you're just a teenager and you're just lashing out. From the very first post you had nothing intelligent to say.

Can't really say I'm surprised. I just asked you for the third time to state your point and you still can't do it. You're more interested in being a keyboard warrior instead.

As promised little chimp, I'll be the bigger man and stop giving you (you)'s. Don't spread your stupidity any further than past your doorstep and keep your opinions to yourself, else you'll get laughed outta the building.
>>
File: naito.jpg (13KB, 236x303px) Image search: [Google]
naito.jpg
13KB, 236x303px
>>2142077

tranquilo
>>
>>2142095
>le go back to /wooo/ meme

stay triggered cucklord
>>
>>2142095
>le hug-box post kid

>>2142097
>Spanish
>weeaboo

sit down white trash
>>
>>2142097

>Spanish word
>don't speak weaboo

WEW
>>
>>2142098

>I'm the one who's triggered

Coming from the guy who got buttmad people called Le Meltz a hack

How much is a wrestling observer subscription? Do you know? Or does mommy pay for that too?
>>
>>2142103
Not that guy, but you seem pretty triggered tbqh

Calm down a bit, take a shower or something kid
>>
>>2142105

>Not that guy

Don't worry, I totally believe you.
>>
>>2142106
He was literally just on the Stone Cold Podcast
>>
File: image.jpg (102KB, 948x711px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102KB, 948x711px
>>2142107
>>
>>2139866
Nobody likes Eugene what the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>2142111

Like I said, I totally believe you, why did you need to take a screenshot?

>U mad

Yeah bro I'm smashing up the apartment.
>>
>>2142104
You apparently don't even know the definition of "weeb" even tho you're posting on a Japanimation forum
>>
>>2142118

I don't need to know the definition my guy. All I know is that you are one.
>>
File: 9SmEiqm.jpg (35KB, 592x388px) Image search: [Google]
9SmEiqm.jpg
35KB, 592x388px
Here's the deal: if you like wrestling other than WWE then big Dave is all right. If you only watch WWE, then Meltz is irrelevant.
>>
>>2142117
calm down mad guy
>>
>>2142119
>he thinks I'm a weeaboo
>wants me to be his guy

>>>/lgbt/
>>
>>2142122

I literally just can't right now
>>
>>2142124

>>>/a/

weebo dork
>>
>>2142127
>>>/g/
>>>/a/
>>>/y/
>>
File: 4428876638252794864.jpg (54KB, 558x669px) Image search: [Google]
4428876638252794864.jpg
54KB, 558x669px
>Here's the deal: if you like wrestling other than WWE then big Dave is all right. If you only watch WWE, then Meltz is irrelevant.
>>
>>2141887
If we're going by Meltzer, he literally said AJ is way better than HBK ever was.
>>
>>2141689
This is too true. In-ring he's been surpassed by far. A good indicator of this is watching Ziggler STILL do the HBK style overselling, and notice how dumb it looks compared to the better paced selling of the rest of the guys in the roster.

But now this is where people are going to hype him as some great legend who had amazing character and charisma who was super over. When HBK was WWF Champion the ratings were even worse than what they are today. It's kinda funny how during those times HBK and Nash's characters were meant to be these sexy charismatic guys yet neither really showed it all that well, thus hampering their drawing abilities. As for promos, there are only two good HBK promos which are the Who's Your Daddy, Montreal promo (if goddamn James Ellsworth was responsible for the screwjob, he could do a promo like this as well it's certainly not good because of HBK's promo skills) and his retirement speech (those are never bad either hell Mark Henry delivered a damn good fake one that one time.)

Combine these with all the numerous outside the ring/more personal problems HBK had, and he's just that much more overrated.

>>2141887
>more 4+ star matches
No he doesn't. The only north american wrestler AJ doesn't have more than is Chris Benoit.
>>
>>2142273
>he literally said AJ is way better than HBK ever was.

The dude is simply a hack.
>>
>>2142291

You're typing like someone who is paraphrasing someone else's opinions not your own.

> HBK and Nash's characters were meant to be these sexy charismatic guys yet neither really showed it all that well

I can tell you literally have no idea what you're saying
>>
>>2139866
If he was young and coming up these days he'd already have been a champion. Mic work is much less important now and these days you can even look like an out of shape obese fat fuck with stretch marks and still make it.
>>
>>2142306

He was just in the wrong era. Wrestlers like him today are a dime a dozen. Lance Storm and Dean Malenko would be thriving in NXT with super huge fandom of smarks who love """technical"""" wrestling.
>>
>>2142310
Oh yeah and they would definitely be champs to. In fact Lance was so good WCW had him holding two championships at the same time. Not many wrestlers do that.

A ton of mid carders who were still pretty over back then would be main eventers today.
>>
>>2142304
>You're typing like someone who is paraphrasing someone else's opinions not your own.
The fuck is that supposed to mean? Nigga I gave my own examples here. Maybe you've seen me post similar stuff here before.

>I can tell you literally have no idea what you're saying
>Big Sexy Diesel
>Hearbreak Kid Shawn Michaels
Really?
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.