[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is wrestling dead?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 11

File: WWE-Superstars.jpg (22KB, 250x200px) Image search: [Google]
WWE-Superstars.jpg
22KB, 250x200px
Is wrestling dead?
>>
>>1926961
Yes man, let it go
>>
For an anti-smark it is.

For a smark its not.
>>
For an anti-smuck it is.

For a smuck its not.
>>
>>1926961
Yes. The only people that watch are hardcore fans.
>>
>>1926961
it's experiencing a long-needed correction. once the wwe finally goes out of business we'll have something akin to the territory system rise out of the ashes
>>
File: Big Ratings Russo.jpg (115KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
Big Ratings Russo.jpg
115KB, 600x315px
Only one man can bring it back.
>>
UK wrestling is growing so even if WWE dies there will still be an english alternative to gook and spic shit
>>
File: cuck cuckbre cuckr.png (234KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
cuck cuckbre cuckr.png
234KB, 640x360px
>>1927081

>this is the future of wrestling

we're fucked.
>>
>>1927212
>the entire point of technical wrestling is that it's realistic
>but mma exists and the general consensus among plebs is that real grappling is boring
?????
>>
>WWMEME is all wrestling
>>
>>1927081
This.

WCPW is the future of the industry.
>>
>>1926961
Dead how?
>>
>NJPW, ROH, CMLL, AJPW, LU, PWG, LLE, RevPro, ICW, PROGRESS etc all on the rise
>"omg wrestling is dying because WWE sucks"

18+

>>1927046
If he kills 1 more promotion it'll technically qualify as a spree.
>>
File: icecream.gif (2MB, 410x230px) Image search: [Google]
icecream.gif
2MB, 410x230px
>>1928597
>NJPW, ROH, CMLL, AJPW, LU, PWG, LLE, RevPro, ICW, PROGRESS etc all on the rise

none of those are "on the rise", they are actually on a downward spiral
>>
>>1928597
>all on the rise

pffftttt
>>
>>1927018
Not dead, but dying
>>
when cock lobster ended the streak wrasslin started its swan song
>>
Hopefully
>>
>>1928601
Nice post. Could use sauce.

>>1928614
>a /wwe/ babby shitter in denial

Just because Vince can't book his way out of a wet paper bag doesn't mean everybody else is similarly incompetent.
>>
>>1928597
nigga you're delusional. Pro-wrestling is in the worst state that it has ever been in history. This is a FACT.
>>
>>1928597
>PWG
>LU

Those promotions have intergender matches. Intergender matches are going to be the final nail in wrestlings coffin.
>>
File: greek.jpg (41KB, 366x488px) Image search: [Google]
greek.jpg
41KB, 366x488px
yes put were pretty much entering the end of everything it seems, humanity is entering a new age. lets just hope we survive at all
>>
Wrestling is shit because the current generation is fucking cancer to anything manly or remotely offensive. Blame the cuck society the western world has become
>>1927234
That isn't realistic at all
>>
>>1928832
shut it beato

>>1928835
Please don't tell me you think that they pioneered intergender matches.

I don't think I could handle that excess of mirth.
>>
>>1928852
They didnt pioneer them but they have them on their cards. PWG also features the Young Cucks and Joey Ryan who shit all over wrestling.
>>
>>1928873
bring bak da attitude era

>who shit all over wrestling

You're thinking of Monday Night RAM.
>>
>>1928881
Chyna was shit, but from what I remember Stone Cold or the Rock never went 1 on 1 with her.
>>
>>1928891
They wrestled her in tags.

What's your point?
>>
>>1928903
My point is that when someone like Adam Cole participates in intergender matches it makes him look weak, am I really supposed to believe he can beat Jay Lethal when he had a competitive match with a woman just the other day?
>>
>>1928907
Yeah, consistently dominating and only losing his advantage once he gets cocky and opens himself up to being repeatedly hit in the nuts makes him look "weak".

>Cole already beat Jay Lethal months ago
>hasn't wrestled Candice in almost one year
>>
>>1928912
He looked weak because he didnt win the match in 5 seconds. Like its extremely easy to hold a womens shoulders down for three seconds. Rapists do it for much longer everyday.
>>
Midgets are killing wwe
>>
>>1928924
You're a stupid idiot and probably need therapy.
>>
>>1928927
This. They need to bring back Lashley and have him fight Brock. He is much better now. I would start watching again if they got rid of midgets like Zayn and brought in super niggers like Lashley.
>>
>>1928929
Says the faggot who enjoys watching fake domestic disputes.
>>
>>1928931
Zayn is 6'.

>Lashley

kek he's a TNA washout
>>
Can a magic trick be "magic" once the audience is in on the secret? I would argue it can't.

It can rightly be called an illusion, a skillful display, etc., but it has lost something essential.

Wrestling can never again become what it once was. We have grown too sophisticated as a society to be fooled by simple carnie tricks. And as we have matured we have also left behind the quaint innocence that led fans, young and old, to accept the grand spectacle as 100% legitimate.

It is difficult to explain to a fan born into the smark era just how visceral and real the reactions of credulous fans used to be. You can still see traces of it in the footage from the 90s, as the tricks of the trade were less widely known, but even by then many fans were watching with a wink and a nudge.

"Wrestling" will continue as long as it turns a profit for the talent and promoters. But it will remain an acquired taste: a strange choreographed performance whose audience will judge it and comment upon it like a ballet, with requisite aesthetic detachment.

It will never be real again. True belief in the those colorful heroes and villains belongs to a more trusting and optimistic moment in our ancestral past: a time when everything seemed possible.
>>
>>1928935
Super Niggers (Lashley) vs White Beasts (Brock) would be a huge draw.
>>
>>1928942
Sure it would.

>>1928941
There's a fucking Woody Woodpecker short from 1953 that has a SCRIPT gag.

>>1928934
I'd rather watch Candice beat a guy twice her size than watch Roman fail to lift a guy half of his.
>>
>>1928941
The most successful period ever for wrestling was during the late 90s

they broke kayfabe every week, no one was fooled that it might be real
>>
>>1928947
Is that your fetish? Getting beat up by women?
>>
>>1928597
>on the rise

Proof smarks are fucking delusional. LU has terrible ratings, and it's the only fucking one of them aside NJPW and ROH that have fucking TV. And they're all fucking struggling financially compared to even 4 years ago. Every. Single. One. The fact that you like the flippy moves and booking they're doing doesn't mean they're "on the rise" you fucking post-mark.
>>
>>1928947
Do you follow the news? with BLM and all that shit if they made the super niggers faces and the white beasts heels it would be a massive draw.
>>
>>1928960
American TV ratings are not the sole measure of growth Vic Venom.

>The fact that you like the flippy moves and booking they're doing

I don't recall saying anything of the sort.

>>1928959
Lazy bait honestly. Try harder.

>>1928965
>>>/pol/
>>
>>1928954
It really depends on how you define success.

The 90s saw tons of 18-35 year old males watching wrestling on cable. It was a major cultural fad, but it didn't last and only focused on three companies in the States: WWF, WCW, and (to a lesser extent) ECW.

Compare that to the glory days of regional wrestling, when many hundreds of wrestlers and thousands of employees filled arenas for decades on end. The industry employed far more people and the wrestling itself meant something culturally to the people in the territories.

Go look at the spectacle of Memphis Wrestling during Lawler's hay day for a taste of pre-cable wrestling. It was 100 times more engaging to its fans, who were emotionally involved in the action beyond being mere neckbearded consumers. The local wrestlers were legitimate folk heroes.

I'm not shitting on Vince or WWE. The transition and consolidation was bound to happen. But I think the industry was effectively crippled by the death of regionalism.

Just my take.
>>
>>1928575
Have sexual intercourse pinhead
>>
>>1928973
>It really depends on how you define success.
money
>>
>>1928733
>Undercarder Mark still absolutely seething
>>
>>1928970
>And they're all fucking struggling financially compared to even 4 years ago. Every. Single. One
>>
>>1928970
Honestly you are a fucking retard wrestling is dying fast in the US, they only way it can survive is if it caters to emerging markets. In September for the first time ever Raw viewership in South Africa was greater than in the United States. 3 million average weekly views in a country with a population 1/4 of that of the United States. I live in South Africa if shit like intergender wrestling becomes more prominent most of that viewership is going to go to mma. Im pretty sure the same thing would happen in India.
>>
>>1928978
Show your working.

>NJPW is struggling financially when it's got backing from BUSHIROAD
>ROH actually drawing now that Cornetty isn't booking them into oblivion
>PWG selling out tickets faster-and-faster despite increasing prices every time
>ICW about to sell out thousands of seats in the Hydro

P.S. LLE didn't EXIST 4 years ago, dumb /wwe/ babby.
>>
>>1928983
>WWE = wrestling

Even its owner doesn't believe that.
>>
Oh, and I forgot:

>AJPW just announced it has a new corporate backer
>NOAH has NJPW (so by extension it has BUSHIROAD) backing it
>>
>>1928986
Fuck off WCW was also popular over here before it disappeared. If the local promotions werent run by people dumber than Dixie Carter they would also be pretty popular. There is definitely a massive untapped market here with the emerging black middle-class, but South Africa is extremely socially conservative and shit like inter-gender matches wouldn't go down well. But of course assholes like you dont care about the long term survival of the wrestling industry and just wanna see muh candice le rae and muh dick spots.
>>
Yes for the following reasons

the matches are just the same spots over and over again, they save all they're big moments for PPv which provides no incentive to watch the product, it's the same shit every week

The guys don't have gorgeous bodies anymore like they use to since they stopped using steroids taking away from the larger than life aesthetic, we get a bunch of chubby guys who workout out instead of mastodons. Look at the bodies in the past, sounds gay as fuck but it adds a certain aesthetic to it that makes it more super hero like, the dudes today don't even lift.

No lesbian action between divas

PG, not the edgy product at all

And the actual entertainment aspect isn't all that entertaining, you'd have to be retarded to enjoy things like the new day and broken Matt hardy. "LE MATT HAS A FUNNY ACCENT I AM ENTERTAINED" "NEW...DAY ROCKS" how could a five year old find any of this interesting? They go for things that make the crowd chant instead of stuff that makes a good product.
>>
>>1928997
You're vastly over-estimating the importance of your own nation, bud.

>But of course assholes like you dont care about the long term survival of the wrestling industry

Good job getting mad over the strawman you constructed.

>>1929002
>The guys don't have gorgeous bodies anymore

>>>/lgbt/
>>
>>1929011
Lol im pretty sure intergender crap would also be catastrophic in India.
>>
>>1929011
Also the morons who participate in the intergender crap wouldnt like your "homophobic" comment: https://mobile.twitter.com/JoeyRyanOnline/status/673975167102545920
>>
>>1929015
So would outlawing public defecation.
>>
File: 1477944307950.png (504KB, 637x541px) Image search: [Google]
1477944307950.png
504KB, 637x541px
>>1929011
> bud
>>
>>1929022
Lol

>>>/pol/
>>
>>1928985
NJPW has only gone up in worth in recent years. The company is doing better than it has in a decade thanks to big merch Naito, big match tana, >ace okada, makabe, shinsuke and aj in recent times.
>>
>>1929021
>when somebody desperately Googles for something, ANYTHING, to get on their side

What are you even going for here, lad?
>>
>>1929047
I follow Cornette on Twitter, always love checking out the idiot responses that he gets.He always triggers the moronic pwg and LU crowd.
>>
>>1928577
like, its not alive anymore
>>
>>1929057
>laughing at a pathetic old fart who got fired by the top 3 major American wrestling promotions in under a decade

That's right Corny: the joke isn't on you, it's on EVERYBODY ELSE.
>>
>>1929064
Cornette sold out Louisville gardens with OVW thats an attendance of 6000, I doubt PWG even has 6000 fans.
>>
>>1926961
Yes. that's way I only watch Replays on the Network.

Up to 2000 right now. Eddie Guerrero is a lot more entertaining than I remember.
>>
Why cant you intergender cucks go advocate for intergender matches in the UFC? I would love to see some uppity bitches get their skulls caved in.
>>
File: 1477369914870.jpg (137KB, 822x527px) Image search: [Google]
1477369914870.jpg
137KB, 822x527px
>>1926961
It's been dying for a while. Wrestling just isn't as cool as it used to be.
>>
>>1929068
>over 23K likes on Facebook
>Cornetty doesn't even have 8K

KEKNETTE LOSES AGAIN

>>1929089
And I'd to love to see you get therapy for your obvious mommy issues but it seems we're both SOL.
>>
>>1929095
>Wrestling just isn't as cool as it used to be.

Can't imagine why that is.

>RAW = all of wrestling
>>
>>1929096
Lol my mother isnt stupid enough to think she can fight men.
>>
>>1929096
Oh and I do think there are some good intergender matches like Goldberg vs Bret Hart and Goldberg vs DDP.
>>
>>1929106
Btw fuck ddp and fuck bret. DDPs yoga and Brets whining are both just as embarrassing to wrestling as this intergender crap.
>>
The in-ring is the best it has ever been, but that has proven time and time again to not mean shit. Just look at the early 90's. Meanwhile the biggest boom periods have been when the writing was strong and engaging, even when the actual wrestling was shit it didn't even matter.
>>
>>1929128
>early 90s was good in-ring

Outside of guys like Flair/Savage/Bret on top, not especially.
>>
>>1929146

Flair, Savage, Every Hart worth mentioning, Michaels, 123 Kid, Mr. Perfect, Shamrock. They weren't short of great in-ring performers.
>>
>>1929128
>The in-ring is the best it has ever been

What the fuck? No it isn't. Far from it. Now matches are very formulaic with the same spots over and over with each wrestler having a standard 5 move move set. It's also much safer (boring) now with no neck moves/piledrivers. Matches frequently lack any psychology. Womens """"wrestling"""" is main eventing. No one today compares to Angle, HBK, Bret, Austin, Perfect, Benoit, Eddie. Admittedly without the roids, it's harder to look as good. In ring wise Styles is the only current one that compares and he's a flippy manlet.
>>
>>1928927
Litteraly this.
>>
>>1929152
Perfect was only semi-active in the early 90s, he spent over a year out from a back injury.

>Shamrock
>early 90s

bruh WOT

>Every Hart worth mentioning,

Bret & Owen?
>>
File: GABLE.jpg (41KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
GABLE.jpg
41KB, 500x500px
>>1929181
>Admittedly without the roids, it's harder to look as good.

The fuck does this have to do with in-ring?

>No one today compares to Angle,
>>
>>1926961
American wrestling sure is. We have to remember the good times and move on. There's MMA waiting for you now. Or give a try to NJPW or puroresu in general. Their serious take on everything was kind of refreshing for me.
>>
>>1928983
How are the people of South Africa white, and not black? how did it happen anon?
>>
> On the rise

1990s wrestling market share...

- 50% WWF
- 30% WCW
- 20% ECW and Jap wrestling scene

2010s wrestling market share...

- 95% WWE
- 5% ROH, NJPW, PWG, WCPW, ICW, CZW

Is that looking like "on the rise" ??
>>
>>1929002
>And the actual entertainment aspect isn't all that entertaining, you'd have to be retarded to enjoy things like the new day and broken Matt hardy. "LE MATT HAS A FUNNY ACCENT I AM ENTERTAINED" "NEW...DAY ROCKS" how could a five year old find any of this interesting? They go for things that make the crowd chant instead of stuff that makes a good product.

This is too accurate.
>>
>>1926961
Nope.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncsDD_0vudk
>>
File: 1473686372303.png (703KB, 522x579px) Image search: [Google]
1473686372303.png
703KB, 522x579px
>>1928597
>outlaw wrestling
>>
Honest question for you guys....

Which was a better year for WWE: 2016 or 1995?

To be more clearer, I'm looking for 3 separate answers, as it relates to:

- overall financial success
- relevancy to the general public/mainstream
- overall quality/entertainment value in terms of the general product, characters, and storylines....NOT the average match quality and wrestler mic/in-ring talent
>>
>>1930095
1995 no doubt.
>>
>>1930095
Tie
>>
>>1930095
Dont know about financial success but i heard vince is doing better than ever die to the network

Wrestling back then was far more mainstream and didnt have as bad a stigma attached to it
>>
File: madbruh.jpg (28KB, 614x353px) Image search: [Google]
madbruh.jpg
28KB, 614x353px
>>1926961
since 9/11
>can't do edgy shit anymore because arabs blew up buildings
>>
>>1930139
> wrestling
> relevant/mainstream in 2016
Kekaroo
>>
>>1930183
more like since 2007

>>can't do edgy shit anymore because benoit offed himself and his family.
>>
>>1928973
fuck that shit nigga
>>
>>1929868
Did it hurt?

I mean, when you pulled those numbers from your ass.
>>
>>1929868
Also:

>WCPW
Thread posts: 99
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.