[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Save Wrestling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: donald-trump-bankruptcy-lies-r.jpg (63KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
donald-trump-bankruptcy-lies-r.jpg
63KB, 600x600px
Your mission:

To save wrestling, you must choose a billionaire to start a promotion which can rival the WWE and introduce some much needed competition to the industry.

You can select any billionaire in the world but bear in mind where they are from, their history, how much they know about the industry, how much they would be willing to spend and what decisions they would make.

My choice - pic related
>>
>>1886937
Mark Cuckerberg.
Make a Diva heavy, Indy male promotion. We steal all the talent from WWE, make Sasha our champ, allow Dbry to wrestle and be our champ.
Owens will be our tv champ.
WWE is forced to hire back ryback, mason ryan, ec3, tons of alpha muscle dudes.
WWE starts to gain hype again and puts Cuckerburg Promotions out of business- saving wrestling once and for all.
>>
>>1886972
Cherry on the cake: Cuckerberg's promotion is called "ECW".
Extremely Cuckolded Wrestling
>>
George Lucas.

I feel like he'd make something pretty crazy and wouldn't care much about how much it costs.
>>
>>1886937
Probably some rich chink, imagine the chinese public and indian marks coming to the same shows.
>>
>>1886937
Mark Cuban
>>
That Saudi that used to buy all of Paige's ring gear.
>>
>>1886937

David Geffen
>owner of Geffen records
>has produced films
>has dealt with artists and actors with huge egos and big money contracts
>Geffen is under the same umbrella as Universal
>worth $6.5 billion

He should
>pay generally lower salaries but pay for travel and hotel expenses
>get a working agreement with AAA and NJPW
>not have a LOLwellnesspolicy since talent are considered actors, sign big guys like Brian Cage
>tvpg-tv14 weekly show
>only 4 big quarterly supershow ppvs per year done in numbers like UFC
>additional 2 annual HBO ppv style specials
>leading into HBO specials, behind the scenes episodes simliar to what the NHL does before the winter classic but in semi-kayfabe
>allow wrestlers to have ownership of some of their their secondary revenue stream like merch and endorsements

you could structure contracts like 360 deals in the music industry. wrestlers can have endorsements, be in charge of designing their own merchandise, etc., but the company gets a slice of each revenue stream. company always makes money, talent has incentive to get themselves over and multiple ways to grow their brand.
>>
>>1887010
lol i wonder what he thinks of her engagement lmao
>>
I'm gonna piggybank off of this guy >>1887169 and say "whoever makes the wrestlers salaried employees rather than independent contractors."

It'd probably cost a lot of money, but I bet you'd get guys to jump ship.
>>
File: fertitta[1].jpg (271KB, 1068x712px) Image search: [Google]
fertitta[1].jpg
271KB, 1068x712px
>>1886937
The Fertitta Bros (ex-UFC owners). They basically run a wrestling promotion like they did the UFC. Hire Dana White as President, Bruce Buffer as Ring Announcer, use a ring, have rankings etc.
>>
whens the debate 3?
>>
>>1887230
The only reason it hasn't happened yet is because US promoters are fucking carnies. Insurance + travel expenses for talent is nothing
>>
File: michael-buffer.jpg (252KB, 1201x1516px) Image search: [Google]
michael-buffer.jpg
252KB, 1201x1516px
>>1887342

Wrong fucking Buffer.
>>
>Save wrestling
Why? Just let it die
>>
>>1887388

stop playing with >>>/toy/ guns. you'll shoot your eye out, kiddo.
>>
>>1887007
immediately who came to mind

he probably sees that it wouldn't be profitable though even though he owns an arena
>>
>>1887388
Have sex
>>
File: elon-musk-net-worth1.jpg (35KB, 469x650px) Image search: [Google]
elon-musk-net-worth1.jpg
35KB, 469x650px
>Not picking Elon Musk
>Not wanting to see Wrestlemania 70 take place on Mars
>Not wanting to see rare and exotic alien species job to a perfect clone of BMJ
>>
>>1887823
>It's uih978tlg2lb el1i7
>BUT WHO'S SIDE IS HE ON
>>
File: image.jpg (110KB, 338x488px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110KB, 338x488px
Would it be cheating to resurrect John Rockefeller from the dead?
>>
>>1887169
>>get a working agreement with AAA and NJPW
First of all, NJPW already has a working agreement with CMLL.

Secondly AAA is one of the worst promotions in the world at the moment.
>>
>>1888113
>First of all, NJPW already has a working agreement with CMLL.
New Japan has a working agreement with damn near everyone. Hell, even Jushin Thunder Liger showed up at this years PWG: BoLA.
>>
>>1888131
NJPW lets people work any American indie they want as long as it's not in direct competition with who they're associated with. They can't work in TNA, for example.

CMLL is in direct competition with AAA and they probably wouldn't be pleased with someone having a working agreement with both NJPW and AAA. Ricochet can only work with LU as long as he's under the mask.
>>
>>1886937
TBCH...

He is the right choice.
>>
>>1888131

AAA also has some of the best wrestlers in the world regardless of how shitty the company is to work for and how bad their booking is. if you couldn't get the working agreement, you should try to gut them for some of their talent
>>
>>1887001
>CGI Wrestlers added in post-production
>>
>>1887342
>Hire Dana White
Doesn't he hate wrestling?
>>
I would hire KyoAni to start a wrestling fed with all the characters from their various shows.
The belts would be:
>World Cuteweight Championship (WWE Title)
>Tsunderecontinental Title (IC Title)
>Baka Gaijin Pigbelt (US Title)
>Onii-Chan Championship (Tag Titles)
>Lolicon Championship (Divas title for girls 8 and under)
>>
>>1886972
So...basically what TNA is doing except with the alpha muscle dudes.
>>
>>1887823
all this guy ever does is pay people to blow up rockets
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.