[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are crowds so dead these days?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 12

File: maxresdefault.jpg (82KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
82KB, 1280x720px
Why are crowds so dead these days?
>>
File: R2UXZOu.jpg (313KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
R2UXZOu.jpg
313KB, 1200x1600px
Cause the product is boring
>>
>>1599629
They have no reason to cheer for any wrestler that isn't Cena and AJ, and they're both on Smackdown
>>
>WE WANT ROMAN
clap clap clap clap clap
>THANK YOU ROMAN
clap clap clap clap clap
>>
50/50 booking
>>
Because we went from guys that looked like monsters to lil vanilla midgets with no personality.
>>
>>1599649
>the irony of the post
>>
>>1599649
this, carter working the smarks
>>
Because nobody watches, they only go to get out of the house or because they're parents and their kids watch. Or people who used to be fans back in the day and they go out of nostalgia but don't know anyone or think everyone is relatively lame to the THUMBS UP superstars.
>>
File: The-McMahons.jpg (78KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
The-McMahons.jpg
78KB, 960x720px
McMAN doesn't want you cheering.

Security told me to shut the fuck up when I was marking for Ziggler.
>>
File: 1419543834237.gif (898KB, 260x270px) Image search: [Google]
1419543834237.gif
898KB, 260x270px
>>1599629
Crowds are weird af these days. They'll be completely silent, a match will have one decent spot and suddenly there's a "THIS IS AWESOME" chant that's broke out
>>
>>1599665
probably because you were calling his opponent a stupid cuck nigger in front of children
>>
>>1599649
>>1599657
ebin
>>
Because everyone wants to be a chant monkey so no one actually gets excited and just cheers when something cool happens.
>>
>>1599644
Chants that have never happened for 400 please.
>>
>>1599691
Thats just Full Sail spergs
>>
>>1599701
Its not those two
>>
They react to entrances and dqs and run in and finishers and big spots and big angles or promos.

Not the actual wrestling or small stuff. Was like this in the new generation era too.

People want entertainment.
>>
File: yEr26mB.jpg (53KB, 564x428px) Image search: [Google]
yEr26mB.jpg
53KB, 564x428px
>the typical /asp/ homogenized kevin nash quotes.

Why the fuck do you think? They want good a good show to watch. The crowds are still hot in many places. Just not in Podunk shit areas like Corpse Christie.

The real answer is nothing is built properly anymore. Creative is lazy, doesnt know how to hype anything up and 50/50 booking prevents anybody from ascending further.

jesus christ even the marketing for their merchandise is dogshit. They could start off by not having babyboomers try to act hip and cool in management. Seriously the abundant amounts of pop culture references and talentless niggers like florida being shoehorned into shows as well as grumpy cat is fucking dumb.

Another good example is the dumb scooby doo segment. The creative direction of the show and the 50/50 is the main reason why its so trash.

The talent is all there.. its just the storytelling is garbage.

Like really, tell me how the fuck in supposed to give a shit about Orton vs Lesnar? Its like they just threw a dart at a wall of all the current roster and it hit Randy and said OK THATS HIS OPPONENT.

im not saying the match wont be a good watch but god damn. Austin should seriously book WWE because seriously what the hell. After listening to the last few of his podcasts he seems to get it.

WWE doesnt have as many "casual fans" anymore.. Its mostly diehard fans with a good amount of children being the minority. Russo can repeat the same shit all he wants but the fact is hes a sour out of touch old man. He can go die choking on Disco Infernos cock.

>in b4 size mark faggotry and the other played out /asp/ shit.
>>
>>1599733
Nigga im not finna reading all dat nigga
>>
Because:
-sponsors wanted the pg products, despite the fact that the most loud fans are teens and people in their 20s
-sponsors wanted muh diversity, so wymyn, despite, once again, the fact that the most loud are males

multinational corporations ruining the products because they have no clue about it and just care about ''expanding the potential audience'' when the actual audience shrinks
>>
>>1599629
People are much lazier and there is a lot less natural passion for wrestling
>>
>>1599743
>the fact that the most loud are males
bullshit
>>
File: 1408386417723.jpg (14KB, 509x346px) Image search: [Google]
1408386417723.jpg
14KB, 509x346px
>See anon I like alone
>This is my chance
>Shout APADOOOO
>Run at him
>Throw both hands in the air doing the OK handsign
>Throw my hat at the anons
>Do my best angry smark impression and say "CENAWINSLOL FUCK THIS COMPANY"
>Look at the anon
>He looks confused
>Shake my hand at the screen while saying You Can't See Me
>Take of my shirt with one hand and throw it a passing thread
>Look at him again
>He grabs his neckbeard
>Takes off anon mask
>IT'S NOT SPORTS SHITPOSTER
>We trade banter
>Not Sports Shitposter gets the better of me
>Hits the >>>/asp/ not real on me
>Starts setting me up for the >>>/tv/ not sports
>Lights go out
>(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
>Lights on again
>Looking around
>Still just me, Not Sports Shitposter and random anons
>I take off my me mask
>I was the Janitor all along
>Janitor grabs Not Sports Shitposter by the throat
>Lifts Not Sports Shitposter for free
>An anon posts "Knock knock"
>Both respond "Who's there?"
>He says "Bliss"
>Not Sports Shitposter and Janitor responds "Bliss who?"
>Blissfag walks out
>BLISS YOU ALL /wwe/
>Bliss walks forward, hits a Sparkle Splash on both
>Blissfag posts shitty Bliss gif over still bodies of both
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaUyJyPekJE [Embed] plays
>Danishbro appears
>Right clicks all three and copies
>Hits a triple Copypasta
>Challenges them all to a Tables, Shitposters and Waifufags match at every /wwe/ general from now on and to forever
>>
I'd rather have a quiet crowd than "CM PUNK" and "Chris Benoit" chants
>>
They only like Roman and Cena. They're asleep for everyone else. I don't blame them. No one else has presence or is entertaining
>>
>>1599810
>Roman

shit b8
>>
There aren't any interesting angles, the "feuds" feel 100% fake due to scripted promos and social media/PG superstar bullshit, and the crowds are mostly neckbeards and children instead of mostly teenage boys.
>>
>>1599733
Good analysis, bro

>>1599734
ebin
>>
>>1599804
>roleplaying this hard
>>
>>1599733
this desu
>>
>>1599816
>being this new
>>
Very boring and bland gimmicks, no crowd interaction and way too many wrestlers.
It's just not as interesting as it used to be, all of the cool different match types and interesting gimmicks. Wrestlers now just seem like normal guys playing a character. Need more wrestlers like Viscera, Masked Kane, Gangrel and such. Also more wrestlers need to enter the ring from random parts of the crowd. Also being PG you can't do many gimmicks like Val Venis, Godfather and DX.
>>
File: BrN3aT9IIAAFRlB.png (368KB, 334x494px) Image search: [Google]
BrN3aT9IIAAFRlB.png
368KB, 334x494px
>>
The rowdy crowds no longer fit WWE's target audience, and have mostly left. Those who stayed don't really care for the current product or its top stars and only stick around to boo/shitchant.

WWE's target audience is mainly kids (who have been conditioned for the past 10 years to only really care about Cena) and their parents (who either only attend because of their kids or are fans but can't act too rowdy because they're with their kids)

Anyone else is probably a casual fan who shows up out of habit or because they have nothing better to do.
>>
File: 1464595531810.png (46KB, 344x517px) Image search: [Google]
1464595531810.png
46KB, 344x517px
>aving to drive all the way to the arena
>the odyssey of finding a parking spot
>having to arrive a couple of hours earlier
>getting their signs confiscated
>the overpriced food
>the overpriced merchandise
>an hour of meaningless pre-show dark matches
>3 fucking hours of padded out snail-paced "action" that feels like less like build-up and more like filler towards one of the B-tier PPVs
>an additional half hour for a meaningless "main event" dark match
>slowly leaving the arena among the crowd
>slowly driving home
>arriving home late
>jumping in bed and realizing what gigantic waste of time it was
>wondering what you're doing with your life

Sitting through 3 hours of Raw at home might be boring, but actually going there is pure misery
>>
>>1599947
When the duck has a dark match been 30 minutes long. I feel ripped off mine was 5 mins max
>>
>>1599629
Everyone is on instagram
>>
File: image.jpg (96KB, 435x326px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96KB, 435x326px
>>1599947

This is 100% accurate. I got tickets 8th row center a few months ago and until the product changes, I won't be going back. There's no entertainment between segments at all. They just run commercials and shill the network on the titantron. The wrestlers don't interact with the crowd at all. There was no pyro for almost anyone. I literally fell asleep during a heyman promo. One thing that's really cringey live is the staredowns at the end of matches. It's really awkward watching the wrestlers (especially diva shitters) trying to get just the right pose for the camera and then just drop it all at once once they get the signal that they've cut to commercial. The only thing more cringe than the wrestling was the fans. We sat next to two brony smarks in mlp tshirts and the one guy's ogre looking girlfriend in her young bucks tshirt. Behind us was a mother who obviously couldn't wait to get home and her three children who cried because they were scared of Kane.
>>
>>1599947
>>1599987
>actually going to watch a WWE event

Y'all some stupid fuckers.
>>
File: image.jpg (26KB, 248x249px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26KB, 248x249px
>>1600000

Checked. Quints of truth confirm.
>>
>>1600000
KEK
>>
>>1600000
how will /asp/ ever recover?
>>
>>1600008
ebin
>>
>>1600014

This is by far the shittiest meme ever on this board. Even bretcuck came up with better shit than this
>>
>>1600017
this board didn't even come up with it, it's an old spurdo thing
>>
>>1599629

slacktivism
>>
>>1599947
>>getting their signs confiscated
Whis shit alone will sour the night for you and make you think twice about going to an event again
>>
>>1599629
full sail is pretty lively
>>
>>1599634
What's the story behind this pic?
>>
>>1600729
You seen those certain raws when the match is boring, the crowd starts random "JBL JBL, MICHEAL COLE, RANDY SAVAGE, CM PUNK" Chants to entertain themselves?

Fullsail is that every week because NXT is nothing but squash matches and a generic CAW tag division
>>
>>1599629
Lots of reasons. One of them is that crowds aren't rowdy drunk college teenagers/early 20s any more, they're mostly families. And any adult males that are there aren't drunk party guys, they're just nerds.
>>
>>1599629
The product is shit
>>
File: 1471216062978.jpg (38KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1471216062978.jpg
38KB, 480x480px
>>1600729
WORD WORD WORD WORD

CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP

over and over and over
>>
>>1599629
PG. It's hard to get rowdy when you have a 6 year old in a John Cena T-shirt, headband, wristbands sitting right next to you.
>>
The crowd is just shit.
>>
>>1600000
The quints lay down the wisdom to the undeserving plebs
>>
>>1599733
>50/50 booking prevents anybody from ascending further.
hurr durr how's your territory - Triple H defending 50/50 booking
>>
File: 14545669087155.png (129KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
14545669087155.png
129KB, 300x300px
>Tonight's RAW is on Corpus Christi
>>
>>1599629
Only Philly, Chicago, Brooklyn and parts of Canada have great wrestling fans. Everywhere else is kind of dead.
>>
>>1599649
More like they are catering to 5-8 year old kids and not 18-35 year old men.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.