[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What could fix WWE games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 9

File: wwe-2k-logo-1.jpg (57KB, 642x361px) Image search: [Google]
wwe-2k-logo-1.jpg
57KB, 642x361px
What could fix WWE games?
>>
Have wrestling Esports
>>
>>1045106
You can't, they're forever tainted by DLC
>>
>>1045104
>proper qa
>a new engine
>longer development cycle
>less fucking dlc
>>
>proper story mode with more options and a more dynamic story
>more creation suite
>provide dlc free
to name a few
>>
File: 1456534001406.jpg (25KB, 552x594px) Image search: [Google]
1456534001406.jpg
25KB, 552x594px
>Remake No Mercy step for step. Straight up rip off.
>Update the graphics and add better physics. Not having No Mercy fighting though, but instead their current system upgraded.(yes, I love no mercy, but button mashing is a thing of the past)
>Ask NBA 2K group to assist with commentary. How they do it so good basically. I want every name from John to zabid. Tired of bering the SUPERSTARSTAR! and endless pronouns
>Free DLC and no Season passes. Add microtransactions that can still be obtained through regular gaming (NBA 2K does this perfectly)
>Import 2K features like MyGym, career mode for CAW and current wrestlers, etc. Also add music, titantron, and png uploads for characters (if they don't add, say Eddie guerrero, we can make him, upload the png, and that way he doesn't look like some stupid cartoon on the match up screen). For those saying you can't add music, yes and no. You can't through PS4/XBO. But you can upload it through their site and download on your console (idk why 2K doesn't do this. They do it with logos FFS)
> And finally the basic features and modes. EVERY FUCKING MATCH EVER. Fuck off with your balance. Better than not having it. They can balance it during future installments. Story, script, GM, etc. Again, I would have a barebones ripoff from previous WWE games than not have one at all

Game. Of. The. Year.
>>
give the team more time to work in the games, stop yearly releases.
>>
but 2K16 is great
>>
>>1045192
This. I can't do the matches because I don't like just beating the shit out of the guy and then finisher pin. Playing on legendary isn't fun because it's just counter spam. It's a wrestling SIMULATOR so it should play out a match with a story
>>
Make a booker mode, where you book the shows (including who wins and who loses) and try to increase the ratings.

You could make it very in depth if you really wanted by including better and better sponsorship deals as you climb up the card, Having to deal with irritated talent who feel they are being "buried". Balancing the whole money aspect with contracts, advertisements, unique PPV stage designs, etc.

...although i know there are stand alone wrestling games that do all that, it'd still be pretty sweet to see it all displayed in the Yukes engine.
>>
>>1045209
It;s fun, but still very flawed.
>>
They should make them COD style.
Two rotating devs and 2 years dev time for each.
>>
>>1045209
Is it really?
I was thinking of buying it on Steam next week.
>>
Bringing back the search feature so I can just look at created matches in a list instead of searching for 10 years for one kind of match and finding nothing. It's fucking retarded. Also they need to make MyCareer better
>>
>>1045272
>Buying games
XD
>>
>>1045278
>XD
Fuck off TumblReddit
>>
>>1045283
Mad? ;)
>>
>>1045289
>hurrr durrr u mad bro?
>>>/b/
>>
>>1045290
Literally the only good online match other than Elmination Chamber and they removed it for no fucking reason. No one plays EC either
>>
>>1045278
>>1045283
>>1045289
>>1045296
You both look like morons. Stop.
>>
>>1045301
nice irrelevant opinion pal
>>
>>1045308
Thanks for proving my point.
>>
Simple control schemes.

Seriously, this convoluted counter, QTE, multiple button press bullshit ruins it.

Go back to the PS2 era. Strike is one button. Move is another. Special is a third. Boom
>>
Just bring back gm mode instead of shitty wwe universe mode
>>
>>1045312
That literally is what the buttons are
>>
Just go back to the engine used in SVR and we're set
>>
Nothing. They're fine as they are.
>>
>>1045272
I bought it and I've really enjoyed it but it's definitely just as clunky and unpolished as every other release.

If you're a fan of the product it's got a pretty big cast, a lot of people that you'd expect to be DLC like Andre the Giant and every Sting ever etc.
>>
File: 1456094775077.jpg (575KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1456094775077.jpg
575KB, 1024x1024px
>WWE2K16 out on PC in a week
>>
>>1045467

I was going to pick it up.. but seeing Mizdow I kind of changed my mind. I haven't played a WWE game since 2K13 played 14 but not as much. Is it worth it?
>>
>>1045483
muh realism is killing so many games, fuck knows why people want realism in a virtual world made to have fun. It's killing the sports games the most
>>
the biggest thing that pissed me off was how broken and expooitable the the stats were as well as the "create a finisher" every online match is me fighting a dude with high impact moves that always do the highest damage cause all his stats are maxed out, and his finishing move included literally every attitude era superstars signature and drags on to the point where I just want it all to end

>>1045467
>tfw 2k15 was apparently a giant ball of ass on pc
>tfw fully expect the same with 2k16
>tfw pc master race cunts will stll bitch like its' the first time the ports ever been shit.
>>
>>1045492
Depends what you want out of a wrestling game. I spend all my time in universe mode and with the huge roster, that makes it worth it for me.

>>1045496
WWE2K15 ran at a silky smooth 60fps+ for me. 2K16 requires the same specs.
>>
>>1045496
Before 2K16 the last WWE game I had was 12 and it was so much fun compared to this. Online was better, you could do rumble matches and you could set matches up to only have actual wrestlers and no created ones. I don't know why so many devs remove/change shit and ruin everything.
>>
>>1045506
You actually enjoy universe mode? I'm guessing you book every show and rivalry yourself because the automatic feature is dog shit and so is the rankings to determine who challenges each champion. If I could be bothered to book everything it would be alright. Also, do you play every match?
>>
This is the guy who got buried by Kane at SummerSlam

I'm sure not many of you anons remember me, but I have held the WWEWHC for just about 2 months now after beating Cool Dad at NoC, and now BMJ wants to feud with me for it, and all of a sudden I'm heel after I said in my interview it would be an honor to face him! Wtf??
>>
>it's impossible to find a 2k16 match on anything except normal 1v1
S.m.h. I thought more people bought this game.
>>
>>1045514
Man, I can't fucking stand it when guys come in with their shitty create-a-wrasslers.
>>
>>1045567
Normal 1 v 1 has the highest odds of winning based purely on your skill alone. Not like tag team where you need a competent partner or 3/4 ways where you just have to hope they take each other out or you're not knocked out or far away when someone goes for a pin.
>>
>>1045559
Plenty bought it, no one wants to sit around waiting to find people on the games shit search feature. No idea why game developers stopped using the create a game and searching through a list of created games to find what you want instead of the fixed games shit most have
>>
>>1045574
>skill
If you consider doing a move and standing still for 10 seconds trying to catch your opponent by surprise skill, sure.
>>
Mass Effect style romance trees available with everyone.
Everyone.
>>
the problem with modern wrestling games is that they're made like games in the sports simulation genre

this is a problem because wrestling ISN'T ACTUALLY FUCKING REAL so any "sim-style" game under the guise of simulating a legitimate competitive sport winds up being shit, not representative of what you see on tv, and not fun

pro wrestling translates better to a fighting game

take wwe all stars, add more characters, and make the match load time shorter than 9000 years and you have the foundation of a decent game
>>
>>1045643
>romance
fuck that shit.
>>
I don't know if the WWE games can be saved with all the input and meddling coming directly from the company, but a good wrestling game should have:
-shitload of personalization, from wrestlers to entrances, moves, movelist, arenas, storylines and even promotions (no way in hell WWE would allow that in the game)
-shitload of game modes and matches types without forced restrictions, if you want play intergender matches you should be able to do it
-and most important, a decent engine, the AKI wrestling games engine is still as good as it ever was, i think the last really fun engine in a WWE game was with the Day of Reckoning series
>>
>>1045732

Eh, having a somewhat "simulation" style in the sense of "realistic" match pacing, limited reversals, realistic physics, and character creation and development by getting credits to be spent on better stats and moves is fine.

The "Get a good match rating" thing is bullshit. Fuck off with that and just let me play to win.

The STILL bare-bones storytelling in career mode is a killer. 2K15 was just a shitty ladder of opponents. 2K16 is a selection of different ladders, occasionally interrupted by shitty, repetitive interviews with what looks like a cross between Renee Young and an abortion.

I miss Smack!Down vs RAW, where I feuded with Eddie and Taker over possession of The Urn, then turned heel by running over Teddy Long in the parking lot. I want THAT level of storytelling, narrative focus, angles, whatever you call it. Bioware tier branching choices and shit.

But, even with all the already written "real life" wrestling angles they have available to copy/paste into the game, this would probably take longer than their Madden Cash Cow release schedule would allow.
>>
>>1045525
2k:)
>>
I liked Road to Wrestlemania mode.
I like 2k showcase but it gets really boring after a while, especially considering that we already know whatĀ“s gonna happen and the whole experience sums up to "Fulfill x conditions, win" or "fulfill x conditions, lose". Carreer mode needs to be improved way too much, make it like the old one, tons of possible angles and a lot of replay value; like your character getting brainwashed by the Wyatt family, you get a sheep mask (it would be cool if you could change itĀ“s color but it would be mostly aestethic) and a different attire and entrance, becoming a destructive monster in the process and eventually turning on them or usurping leadership from Bray. That would be cool.
>>
>>1045164
Can you give me a link for music uploading?
>>
remove 2K
>>
WWE 2K16 is the best one we've had in a while but to fix it, I like the gameplay a hell of a lot, they just need to make the Career Mode much better, it has the same problem real life wrestling does and that's creative.
>>
I hate when wrestling fans think they know anything about video games.

I hate when WWE thinks it/they know anything about video games.

Today's WWE games look like they're just virtual versions of their toys. That is utter garbage, like all of WWE.

As long as they imitate contemporary 'wrestling', a.k.a. 'entertainment', a.k.a. 'shit', it's just going to be a bland collection of move animations and character models just put on an arena map with stupid commentary.

In order to have a real and consistent formula to base the game on, they should pay attention to the NWA and the Four Horsemen of the 1980s. The Four Horsemen's goals are what a wrestling game's story mode should be won by, and the NWA's booking is what the normal mode should be customized according to.

It may sound limited, but if correctly implemented it would make sense. But that would contradict the pretense that today's main event style of just walking out there and then going backstage again doing the same thing every single week is yesterday's jobber style at best.
>>
Us sticks for grapples like old SvR games
Online universe mode, run a roster against your friends like the Monday Night Wars
>>
>>1046353
Go to bed Granba
>>
He's puting those educated feet to good use!
>>
>>1046367
there's the finishing move! don't know if you anyth*splutter*ng left after that!
>>
>>1045104
What that guy said in the other thread about creating matches, move for move, spot for soot, like an animator with pre-created animations, and uploading it as part of a show to get ratings online.
>>
>>1046361
>granba
Is this a meme or just one idiot?
>>
>>1046375
meme
>>
>>1045164
>>
File: based KO.gif (4MB, 683x384px) Image search: [Google]
based KO.gif
4MB, 683x384px
>putting This Is Awesome chants in a wrstling video game
>>
Anyone else kind of wish that some independent developer would take a stab at making, from scratch, a pro wrestling action RPG? Just wholly unique characters, you create your own guy, maybe pick a "style" (like a class) that predisposes your guy towards a certain style of wrestling, or maybe just assign physical attributes and let them modify certain moves and skills in order for players to free-build certain archetypes like grappler or flippyshitter, maybe something like FallOut's perks (MUH ODDS: Once every fight, a character with this perk can kick out of a pin attempt following his opponent's finisher) or Skyrim's skill system (use of particular skills raises them, and once skills are high enough you can invest in upgrades), and so on.
>>
>>1050391
They put the 'we are awesome' chants in there too.
>>
File: IronMikeTenay.png (2MB, 1862x867px) Image search: [Google]
IronMikeTenay.png
2MB, 1862x867px
>>1045164

>No Mercy is best wrestling game ever meme
>because that's when I was a kid
>because that's when wrestling was best
>when I was a kid
>it couldn't be that I was
>just a kid

It doesn't hold a candle to half the ps2 games.

I really wish No Mercy fags would move on, time is not treating this game well.
>>
>>1050549
>you grew up

I guess nobody cares about wrestling anymore because the average age of America has doubled in the last decade. Definitely not because of any real, legitimate reason.
>>
>>1045106
>A wrestling moba

What would the creeps be?
>>
>>1050558

We're talking games here, not the state of the WWE's product.

Still thinking NM is GOAT is donning nostalgia goggles and admitting you either haven't spent time on another wrestling game, or you have terrible taste in games.

It's literally as simple as Royal Rumble and Raw on the snes and genesis when it comes to mechanics, only it's 3d and there are more wrestlers.
>>
>>1045743
What? You don't want your self insert wrestle man to have a hot sweaty night with [spoiler]Big Show[\spoiler]?
>>
>>1050575
the social outcasts
>>
>>1045104
Make it SvR.
>>
>>1045104
>GM Mode
>Create-a-story
>improving targeting system
>make AI reversals less cheap
>better character models (SvR 2006 looks better than some of the past few games in terms of wrestlers looking like their real life counterparts)
>make stamina recovery faster
>bring back custom matches
>give more freedom to aim when slamming opponents (i.e. not suplexing a nigga right by a table only to either miss by a couple inches or have the table magically move to the side instead of slamming his muthafucking ass through the goddamn table like fucking intended, bitch)
>less DLC, more superstars right off the bat
>bring back the old career/story mode instead of the predetermined current career mode based on previous old storylines which are filled with QT events.
>>
>>1050549
I'd disagree. While I would put games like WWE SvR 2006 (and 2007), Def Jam: Fight For NY and WWE SmackDown!: HCTP in the same league as WWF No Mercy, I still say No Mercy stands on its own as an excellent game. The moveset is quite large, the gameplay still holds up, the fact that entrance videos and music was used is pretty cool for an N64 game. I don't think it's just nostalgia, as No Mercy has no nostalgic value to me. I only played the game for the first time about 3 years ago. It's just a good game.
>>
not using the same game engine to make the same game 5 years in a row now.
>>
File: downloaddsfsdf.jpg (12KB, 190x266px) Image search: [Google]
downloaddsfsdf.jpg
12KB, 190x266px
Only a new engine built with current gen in mind (fuck PS3/360 ports) and a return to the "Nintendo" line of games (No Mercy, Day of Reckoning). They were so much fucking better than the Smackdown games. Oh and the story mode that allows VGCW to exist.
>>
>REMOVE SHOWCASES
>HAVE SPIKE LEE DIRECT LIVIN DA DREAM 2: ROAD TO WRESTLEMANIA

also make gameplay fun. Less simulation more stimulation
>>
>>1050403

>something like FallOut's perks

OUTTA NOWHERE: Allows you to counter with signature moves. Doing so deals 1.5x damage

IMMA GIANT: 50% resistance to knockdown, 50% reduced movement speed, moveset limited to punches, all punches are finishers.

FEED ME MORE: Stamina cut in half, move damage doubled (because you keep botching and killing people).

Lucha Prowess: Any form of springboard or slingshot move deals double damage, but standing strikes deal half damage.

HONORIBU PURO WRESRU: Strikes deal 50% more damage, grapples deal 50% less damage and are easier to escape from.

Genetic Freak: Everything you do physically deals triple damage, but your INT is set to 0 and you lose the ability to speak in any language understood by man
>>
>>1045104

Fix? They've always been shit in the great shadow of WCW/NWO Revenge.
>>
File: Numbers Never Lie.jpg (401KB, 500x737px) Image search: [Google]
Numbers Never Lie.jpg
401KB, 500x737px
>>1053847

>Genetic Freak: Everything you do physically deals triple damage, but your INT is set to 0 and you lose the ability to speak in any language understood by man

Fuck you. Scott Steiner went to a highly educate university he attended on a collegship.
>>
Neither WWE nor 2K give a shit about the gameā€¦ You bought it already, and if they wanna add anything else, they either make it a
DLC (which you have to pay to get) or leave it for the next year game (WWE 2K17)
>>
>>1054111

Yes, I'm pretty sure most of this is shit we'd like to see in 2K17.
>>
>>1053847
What about promo related perks?
>>
>>1045104
they need to make it easier to do moves. there is too much waiting to be able to do shit, its fucking boring
>>
>>1045104
AKI.
>>
>>1045104
the ability to use your mic to shoot your own promos in career mode and it gets rated based on emotion/efficient/pronunciation through speech analysis software
>>
>>1045467
>tfw your toaster of a desktop can't handle it
>>
>>1054591

Would be cool, but the first step is integrating promos into the game in a way that is effective and organic, which is a REALLY tall order, especially in open-ended story modes.
>>
>>1045104
ability to import characters from any wwe SVR - wwe 2k14 game if you own the game

I want KING BOOKAH damnit
>>
>>1054637
i feel you m8, i am saving a few bucks to buy a decent video card
>>
>>1052632
>give more freedom to aim when slamming opponents (i.e. not suplexing a nigga right by a table only to either miss by a couple inches or have the table magically move to the side instead of slamming his muthafucking ass through the goddamn table like fucking intended, bitch)

This.
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.