[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stray Animals that you've abducted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 16

File: IMG_20161008_153050.jpg (2MB, 3024x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161008_153050.jpg
2MB, 3024x3024px
This is Orion, a cat I found at my Uni almost a year ago. He was sitting outside and crying and my sister and I ran into him playing pokemon go. She has her own can and had picked up some wet food for her cat and it was still in her car, so we gave him some and he ate the whole can. He was super friendly and I wasn't intending on getting a cat, but I just felt something in that moment, that if I didn't take him home that day and go to the vet to see if he was microchipped (if he was just lost) I would be looking for him all summer. So I took him home, got him some essentials, and took him to the vet the next morning.

It's been a year since that night I took him home, and he is the most amazing and loving cat ever. He's just the perfect cat and I can't imagine my life without him. Don't be afraid to take a chance with friendly strays, they need love too.
>>
File: IMG_20170111_195056_579.jpg (3MB, 3024x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170111_195056_579.jpg
3MB, 3024x3024px
He also does weird shit like this
>>
You're a good guy, OP.
>>
>>2370083
We adopted a Pomeranian who was abandoned at a grocery store parking lot in LA 14 years ago.

Poor little guy was left tied to a post with an empty food bowl for over 48 hours, and staff had no idea what to do about him - other than feed him until his owner returned - and we ended up taking him in.

After we took him to the vet for shots and to check him out, and they estimated his age to be at least 10 years old. He ended up living another 10 more years with our family, passing in his sleep in the middle of the night due to an apparent heart attack.

I still miss him.
>>
I thought someone had adopted my cat. I went to the vet today and he was in the freezer. I was hoping he was just lost.
>>
>>2370114
??
>>
>>2370116
He's been missing. I've been walking around every morning at 4am shaking his treats calling him. He's left before, usually just a night. The vet told me he was brought in on Wednesday already dead. He'd been hit by a car. I've never loved anything so much.
>>
>>2370114
How?
>>
>>2370123
I only wish I could've been behind the wheel at the time.

F
>>
File: fancyfeast.jpg (137KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
fancyfeast.jpg
137KB, 600x400px
>>2370123
outdoor catfag btfo

not sorry, you and your shitbag deserved it
>>
>>2370123
I'm sorry man, that sucks. Sorry for your loss
>>
>>2370135
>>2370136
Hey, before you get mad, consider that it might not be an outdoor cat thing. Can't tell from his post. Cat may have just gotten out by accident a few times, it happens.
>>
>>2370138
>He's left before, usually just a night.
>>
>>2370139
He left once for a night because it was a new home.and he was checking his surroundings. The other time he just went and slept at the oldies house next door in the peace and quiet. He usually hangs around the house.
>>
>>2370139
Well I'd argue that the statement highlighted there doesn't necessarily imply that the owner LET the cat get out before...

>>2370147
This pretty much sounds like he let him out on purpose
>>
>>2370136
I think you're lost

>>>/b/
>>
>>2370123
maybe you shouldn't have thrown it outside you retard
>>
>>2370183
/b/ is catfag central you nerd
>>
>>2370147
>he left
Responsible owners who care about the health, safety, and well being of thier animals don't have to worry about them "leaving". They take precautions just for this situation.
Cats can be escape artists however, and this would not be the same as someone irresponsibly letting the cat out to free roam and be an inconvenience to someone else.
>>
>>2370183
i think you're lost, stupid newfag
>>
>>2370114
FFF
>>
anyone else up for sharing stories of strays?

i've had a stray coming to the house for food for a week now. doesnt seem to be too interested in sticking around. hes really skittish around people it seems - will retreat if we get close

just looking for ideas to gain his trust and maybe end up taking him in
>>
i remember this anon. he found a beautiful stray in winter and fed him and posting videos on youtube and 4chan. he couldn't take the cat in because he lived in an apartment but it's a pretty cat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIzEKIHPELY
>>
>>2370362
I once left a stray deer into my home, I thought it was friendly so I tried to pet it around his mouth. It fucking bit me so hard that I cried and went to the vet.
After I treated the wound, I made the deer go away. It was fucking sitting on the couch with my plants knocked over, chewing on a leaf.

Another time I just met a stray cat and made it come to my house, but it left shortly after I opened the door. I don't know why.
>>
https://youtu.be/DHkKHxeGp9E
>>
File: 0330171859b.jpg (171KB, 808x1437px) Image search: [Google]
0330171859b.jpg
171KB, 808x1437px
>>2370083
My friend took in an indoor/outdoor female cat who hadn't even been spayed by her owners. The family that kept her were incredibly negligent and abusive with her, she's blind in one eye but is relatively young (about 3-4 years old now). When he took her to the vet after adopting her right off the area where he was working, the vet told him she was pregnant. She had a liter of four kittens, one died shortly after birth but the other three, two females and one male are doing fine. They were all born at the very start of this past March, so about 10-11 weeks old now.

Her name is Muffins and here she is with one of her kittens.
>>
>>2370083
Good on you op, I wonder what happened to orions ear?
>>
>>2370607
I imagine he was spayed, some areas neuter/spay stray cats, dock their ear and then release them.

The the tip of the ear being docked is to show they have already been fixed.

That or another cat bit it off.
>>
>>2370607
TNR maybe?
>>
File: IMG_0659.jpg (164KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0659.jpg
164KB, 800x600px
My parents' oldest cat is a very smart cat. She's at least twenty. I've known her since I was little. She abducted herself.

I went to school in a small village. One morning, we all discovered a female cat had hidden in a hole in a wall in the schoolyard. She had a few kittens. She was too far for our small arms to reach, but pretty friendly. We all went to see her at recess.
Then some municipality guy came and killed the kittens. The cat still hung out at school the next day.
My sister and me were always staying very late at the school day care. We had been petting the cat the whole day, and we had somehow managed to smuggle her into the day care building without anybody noticing. We were kids, so having a cat to pet while waiting for our parents was amazing.
Our parents arrived, then. We said goodbye to the cat.
She followed us to the parking lot. We got in the car, a bit choked up because she was making goodbyes difficult.
But then she jumped upon my mother's lap, very smoothly, and sat there looking at her in the eyes, in a way I've never seen a cat do since.
So we closed the car's doors and went home.
She's been with us ever since. Smartest cat I've ever had, very cuddly and determined. She knew what she wanted, and she knew how to make it understood. She's deaf and she's got kidney problems now, but all in all for a very old lady, she's still rocking.

I love her very much. She's the last survivor of the four cats I've grown up with, who were all about the same age, give or take two years. The other three, including two of her kittens, died of age-related diseases. I'm still hoping she'll keep on beating records.
>>
>>2370614
Your right, and they do the left ear if it's a boy and the right if it's a male. It's a perfect clean cut and they do it while they're under for surgery for the neuter/spay.

He does have a lot of scars under his fur though, puncture wounds from bites and some scratches too. He has some spots in his left eye that the vet said was scar tissue too. He's been through a lot.
>>
>>2370633
You gave her a better home than she could have ever hoped for and loved her when she was so unloved by the world. You're a good person and I hope she lives forever.
>>
>>2370083

Looks like a bro.

>It's been a year since that night I took him home, and he is the most amazing and loving cat ever.

This had been my experience. Stray cats, once you ensnare them, are the most well-behaved and affectionate.

Cats I've had from kittens were entitled assholes.
>>
>>2370766
Thank you. I hope so too. It was a bit difficult, those last three years, losing one cat after the other, even if they all lived good lives. I really hope she lives long. I don't see her that often because I live three hours away now, but I always make sure to remind her she is loved, when I can. She gets special treatment over the younger cats my parents have adopted. They might be sweethearts, but she's still the queen. She's got funny quirks too. She likes being carried, and always puts her forelegs on the carrier's shoulders, like she's hugging them.
She's also almost impossible to get rid of once she's decided she'll sleep on your lap. If you try to tilt your legs to get her down, she'll just stare at you very gravely until either gravity beckons or you give in to her will. She doesn't shy away from eye contact, which is pretty rare among animals.
>>
>>2370091
>guy

This is /an/ tho
>>
>>2370085
That's a cute cat OP
>>
>>2370767
This

I wonder why that is. I once got a six week old ragdoll and the little bitch scratched the shit our of everything and attacked the kids. Pretty sure that cat was psycho. From experience, a semi feral cat is broken down to being docile in a few months. This little shit kept getting worse. I rescued him from a crack house, could it be that his first weeks were that scarring?
>>
File: IMG_20170407_151743_171.jpg (1MB, 1944x1944px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170407_151743_171.jpg
1MB, 1944x1944px
>>2370793
This person is right, I'm a girl
>>
>>2370138
That's why you terrorize your cats if they go near the door.
>>
>>2370819
Nice paintings
>>
>>2370083
A longhaired white cat with black ears and a black tail adopted us. Could not find out where she came from so we kept her. She was around a year old. Unfortunately she did not survive her spay. She was a good cat when we had her. Very smart and affectionate.
>>
>>2370819
>you just realized she has upside down and her eyelids are eye bags
>>
>>2370819
go fuck yourself attention whore
tits or gtfo, this isnt reddit
>>
>>2370083
THAT is a good looking cat, anon. Btw, your story is very similar to mine. I was 16 and out walking across a railway bridge at about 2am when I heard a little meowing noise. Peeked over the edge and saw a little kitten dangling dangerously over a river from the branches of a shrub. I got down there and got her to safety. When I turned around and walked away she overtook me and started rubbing up against my feet. Damn! resistance is futile, amirite?

Several times I tried to get away but to no avail. I too was not planning to get a cat, in fact a couple months earlier I was told we weren't going to. I picked her up (she started purring instantly) and walked right home. Showed her to my Mom who instantly loved it and she became part of our family. I truly believe that cats adopt the family, not the other way around. :^) Anyways, that was back in 1985 and she's been gone a long time. Her absence is still felt and her memory fond. She was my 2nd cat, and the 1st of two that I adopted.

Thanks for sharing btw.
>>
File: 20170502_235136.jpg (3MB, 4128x3096px) Image search: [Google]
20170502_235136.jpg
3MB, 4128x3096px
>>2370083
OP, I am currently in this sort of situation. It only has three legs and has fleas. He won't fucking leave my property and cries all night. One night I picked it up and it was like a bag of skin and bones so I've started feeding it and it's calmed down a bit. I've contacted the SPCA, which is like an animal shelter kind of thing if you're a burger. It would not leave me alone even before I started feeding it.

Pic related, I've let it in again as it was crying again at my door.
>>
Not quite a stray story but close enough

>be toddler
>ginger kitten keeps coming into the garden
>always play with him
>he's really affectionate and lets me cuddle him as much as I want
>parents start putting out cat food for him and letting him come into the house
>I call him my "half cat" because he spends half his time at our place and half his time presumably with his neglectful owners

>fast forward to age 7
>cat still comes over
>one day he leaves a large dead bird on the doormat
>dad loses his shit
>beg him not to kill cat
>dad bundles cat into the car and says he's going to "take it far away"
>pretty sure he actually killed it
>cry for weeks
>see "lost cat" posters go up all over the neighbourhood

I still feel bad even though I didn't do anything.
>>
>>2371216
is your dad retarded?
>>
>>2371216
is your dad a serial killer?
>>
>>2370951
Thank you, I painted that myself
>>2371009
I took this after a final before which I got no sleep because I was afraid I wouldn't wake up for said final
>>2371073
>tits or gtfo
>REEEEEEE 4chan is 4 guys
This is a blue board you fucking moron and grow the fuck up
>>
>>2371233
>>2371252
He's autistic and prone to extreme bouts of tard rage.
>>
>>2371233
>>2371252
That bird was anon's real mother
>>
>>2371216
Your dad was a piece of shit. I kinda hope he gets killed by a cat.

Cats share their kills with humans they love. Your cat wanted to feed you.

What a fucker.
>>
>>2371233
>>2371252
>>2371347
>>2371375
>criticize the father
>not one post condemning the irresponsible owner who couldn't give a fuck enough for thier cat for several years, that it eventually got itself in this position in the first place
This whole situation could have been avoided.
>>
>>2371283
fuck off, attention whore.
You know it's a girl because they will tell you, or on /an/ gladly show you 1,000 times :^)

This is an anonymous board, you fucking retard. Grow the fuck up, give your pictures to tumblr or some other shitstain site.
>>
>>2371409
I think the original owner (letting the cat wander outside in the first place) and anon's dad are both in the wrong here.
>>
I haven't had an animal that wasn't a stray, best dog I ever had broke off from a group of ferals as a puppy and went up to my dad.
>>
You stole my fucking cat you son of a bitch
>>
I once accidentally let a random cat into my neighbor's house and was too afraid to tell them, so I just went home. Presumably they found a cat in their house when they got home.

I once invited my other neighbor's cat inside my laundry room and gave it milk then let it back out (I was 11 and didn't know this was bad). It sometimes waited for me to get off the school bus. It sat on the warm electrical box next to my house. It got stuck in our garage once and shat on our welcome mat. Made me think cats must be sentient. They moved away with their cat...
>>
Why "own" a cat?

>Comes from africa
>Do not belong in europe
>Contributes nothing
>Invasive species, harmfull to other animals
>Only cause destruction and kill for fun
>Takes food from you and give nothing
>Cannot be trained, do wtf it wants
>Eat you after you die

If i see a cat near my house i consider shooting it, since it shits everywhere and carry all kind of parasites.
>>
>>2372392
is this pasta?
>>
File: IMG_20160928_115150.jpg (2MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160928_115150.jpg
2MB, 3120x4160px
This is minnie. Saw her on the side of my driveway when I was coming home and managed to catch her. She was very underweight and had a few ticks. The vet thought she was about 10 weeks old when I found her.

She's very inquisitive and playful. She likes to jump up on my chest when i'm laying in bed and nuzzle my head.
>>
i never understood how it is possible to pick up a cat from the street 2bh. the only cats that randomly approach me or want to get approached by me are the ones who clearly already have a home.
our cats always came from the shelter, but i imagine adopted stray cats to be even more thankful.
>>
>>2372392
Cats have actually been really helpful to humanity, protecting stores of grain from hungry rodents and being exceptionally better hunters of these pests than dogs, so they stayed.

Also there was a pope that declared that black cats were from the devil and so people in Europe started killing cats and rat populations increased, which is believed to be attributed to the rise and spread of the bubonic plague.

There's a reason they've been around for so long, and I love them. My gf wasn't a cat person until we got one and now she's infatuated.
>>
File: DSC_0459.jpg (410KB, 1580x1185px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0459.jpg
410KB, 1580x1185px
>>2370083
I've posted my girls a few times. Both were born in my back yard, from the same stray mother cat, in consecutive summers. That slut.

This is the 2015 kitty, Curie, at ~3 months.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1488828487241.jpg (33KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1488828487241.jpg
33KB, 640x640px
I abducted/rescued a baby robin (like no feathers, eyes closed) from the middle of a huge parking lot on an 80F day a few years back. I knew it was stupid to do but I fed and watered it by hand for almost 3 months until it flew away on it's own. Granted, the last month or so it was outside and could feed itself but still flew onto me or my car whenever I was home. One day I drove home and it was in my driveway so I got out, it flew onto my open hand, chirped a bunch, then flew off. That was the last I saw of it.

I doubt it survived long though after that, it was too domesticated and wouldn't stay away from dogs or humans. I like to think that it did ok.
>>
File: DSC_0720.jpg (233KB, 1111x885px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0720.jpg
233KB, 1111x885px
>>2372674
2016's catch, Kagami, also at about three months.

>>2372493
Hungry kittens are easily caught with a chipmunk trap and a can of wet food. Just make sure they're old enough to leave their mother.
>>
>>2372669
no, they're shit and have always caused more harm than good
>>
File: DSC_0622.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0622.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
>>2372681
Kagami's litter had five kittens in it. Here they are after getting bathed. They self segregated like this, racist kitties.
>>
File: DSC_1230.jpg (602KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_1230.jpg
602KB, 1080x1920px
>>2372674
>>2372681
Best shot I could get of them tonight
>>
File: R022515-551_t670.jpg (59KB, 670x557px) Image search: [Google]
R022515-551_t670.jpg
59KB, 670x557px
>>2372392
>cats give nothing
>cats can't be trained
end this fucking meme
>>
>>2372683
Wow I hate cats now
>>
I have a peacock that just started living with me. I don't keep him in a pen or anything, just feed him and let him roost in my trees. He's a good boy who just showed up one day.
>>
>>2371209
wow, stop not loving that cat forever.
>>
>>2372737
What?
>>
>>2372738
he's referring to the fact that the guy with the cat is very grudgingly looking after him. Its kinda adorable, like a gruff old man who 'hates' cats but still lets them into his house
>>
>>2371209
>has fleas
>fucking lets it inside

moron
>>
>>2372743
I'm not sure it actually has fleas, just an uneducated guess. Obviously I'll find out soon when I take it to the SPCA.
>>
>>2371209
Beautiful cat, please treat her well
>>
>>2372454
No i just fucking hate cats sorry for venting here. I think they are disgusting animals to keep as pets. If you like them then consider ridding yourself of the mind altering parasites they carry
>>
>>2372775
I thought they are with you for life?
I really want a cat, I think I'm affected severely
>>
>>2370083
That's the most friendly looking cat I've ever seen.
>>
File: 1375398714_1372886143-viper.jpg (25KB, 280x280px) Image search: [Google]
1375398714_1372886143-viper.jpg
25KB, 280x280px
>>2372775
>disgusting animals
>probably keeps a dog or is asian
>muh taxoplasmosis
>not want to lead a riskier life
>>
Had a young black cat follow me into and around a store during one of my 2am walks. Gave it a few pats and it ended up following me two miles home. She would stop to stalk a rabbit but if I walked too far ahead she'd start crying and run after me. Following me 2 miles home and walked right into my house I decided to find her a home since I couldn't have another cat. No collar, pretty scraggly and skinny. She was so friendly and chill she probably had a home but whatever.

Next day I gave her to a young woman who came down from NYC via bus to pick her up. She sent me pictures and videos of her walking on a leash with her.
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.