[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First time hunting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: webcardef30_3764.png (218KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
webcardef30_3764.png
218KB, 800x800px
So I'm going on my first hunting trip this weekend and I don't know what to expect when (and if) I get my first kill.
>>
>>2264340
You're seriously bringing up this topic on the animal rights board?! Get /out/
>>
>>2264350
Last time I checked, this board is labeled as "Animals and Nature" not "Animal rights" and I'm pretty sure that hunting encompasses both animals and nature.
>>
>>2264350
>animal rights board

Kek

/an/ is pro-hunting
>>
>>2264340
First off anon, are you going alone? If so I don't recommend it for your first hunt. It's just not safe. Secondly check your state and county conservation website. It lists information on population, terrain and hunting restrictions. I'm assuming your hunting deer. Look up and study what a good shot is and isnt. Second study how to gut and clean the animal. Arm length gloves. Bring them. You'll thank me
>>
>>2264340
>>>/out/
would probably be more helpful
>>
>>2264350
/an/ is pro hunting and anti animal rights. Fucking newfags need to lurk.

>>2264340
Lots of sitting quietly and waiting. Don't expect to get anything. Hell you may not even see anything worthwhile. Don't bring pets with you if you're bow hunting; you'll probably need to get too close to the animal and it may smell your dog. Also don't soak your dog in urine scents and shit, it takes so long for it to come out. If you want to bring a dog, make sure it's very well trained and able to sit still and quiet for long periods. Also, most dogs flip out from the sound of guns if they aren't used to it.
>>
>>2264355
Pain suffering and death are all part of nature. Killing some animals like deer is actually beneficial to the environment because it counters other things people have done, like wiping out all of their natural predators.
>>
>>2264554
/an/ is not one person with one view
>>
>>2264340
i hope you trained the shit out of yourself in a target range to make a good shot

i dont ever wanna see a deer with a shot-trough nose or busted leg again
>>
>>2264561

>armchair ecology
>pain and suffering and death are fine as long as they aren't mine
>>
File: 1477763522700.jpg (82KB, 657x720px) Image search: [Google]
1477763522700.jpg
82KB, 657x720px
>>2264350
Animals don't even pay taxes and you're trying to give them rights? kys you commie faggot
>>
>>2264567
/an/ as a whole either supports hunting or is indifferent. The few who are against it are vocal to the point of being stubborn and foolish. In truth these people have thrown tantrums that cause people to go the opposite, PETA fags are a great example of this.
>>2264340
Please buy all required tags and permits. Much information about native wildlife is gained from annual animal harvests.
Please be respectful to the easily offended and cover your kill. One person bitching about a hunters deer hanging out of his truck on Facebook can cause quite the shitstorm. Nevermind the fact a carcass on the side of the road is no different, just be the bigger person and use a tarp.
If you have never been hunting before, especially deer, then go with someone who has experience. A multitude of bad things can happen such as injury to yourself, illness from improperly handling game, and unnecessary suffering of the animal you are hunting. This sport is defiantly one where you want hands on experience before you just go inawoods and shoot bambi.
>>
File: hml.png (396KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
hml.png
396KB, 540x540px
Both the OP and the first post are satire.

You're welcome reddit.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.