[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My cat has all but refused to drink from a watering bowl. The

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: p-35917-48036[1].jpg (39KB, 432x432px) Image search: [Google]
p-35917-48036[1].jpg
39KB, 432x432px
My cat has all but refused to drink from a watering bowl.

The only water he drinks is from my bathtub after a shower (if there is water on the floor, which is gross cause it has soup/dirt/whatever in it); or water streaming out of my sink faucet.

I'm not home all day long so I can't be there any time he wants to drink and when I'm sleeping at night he almost never wakes me up so if he's thirsty at night, I never know.

I want to get him a water fountain; but they all seem pretty expensive, and I can't tell which one is best. I'm not hurting for cash, but I don't want to be spending 40-50 bucks on something I don't even know will work or that my little dude might not even drink from.

Anyone have one of these things for their pet? Do they use it? Is there a best one?

Thanks /an/
>>
engineer a flowing water device
>>
>>2261317
>40-50
m8 first result on google got me one that was $30. Anyways, I have one since my cat is a retard that only drinks moving water, and he loves it. Also can't you just return it within the day if your cat won't drink from it?

Also, this>>2261325
you could even get >>>/diy/ to help you.
>>
>>2261317
>which is gross cause it has soup [...] in it

You may want to reconsider your showering methods.

But in all seriousness you should be able to return it if it doesn't work out, right?
>>
>>2261327
your cat is actually just following it's biological instinct to not get AIDS from still water, you'd do the same without tap water and what not
>>
>>2261333
my cat has tried to drink my piss on occasion, is that still biological instinct to not get AIDS?
>>
>>2261325
I'm not that handy. Would probably end up just fucking it up and wasting money.

>>2261327
I want to just get a nice and simple one, do you know which one you have? I was thinking about maybe getting this one; but the price is a bit of a barrier for me.

https://www.amazon.com/Fountain-Uniclife-Automatic-Electric-Drinking/dp/B01DENJQU4/ref=sr_1_25?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1478801267&sr=1-25&keywords=cat+fountain
>>
>>2261338
I've got one that's pretty similar to this, I don't remember which one I got, it's been a while.
http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/pet-fountain/6000075389243
Unfortunately, it doesn't get cheaper than $30 or so from what I've seen, but, at least where I am, Wal-mart is so lax on return policies as long as it fits back in the box and the box is intact, they'll take your return.
>>
File: Screenshot_20161110-114009~01.png (320KB, 1080x1582px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161110-114009~01.png
320KB, 1080x1582px
>>2261317
My cats only drink out of my fish tank anymore. Kind of annoying because I got a really nice custom glass top cut for it and now I can't use it for fear they'll try to climb on top of it and shatter it.

>>2261338
>I'm not that handy
>Tupperware bin + pic related
Wala
>>
I've looked into this because every cat I've owned was the same. House cats are adapted to desert conditions so they don't experience thirst the way we do and often won't even think to drink water. The sources said that wet food is one of the ways they get prefer to get hydrated and a lot of cats get urinary tract infections if they're only ever fed dry stuff.

One thing I've found with my current cat is that she'll be a lot more likely to drink from her bowl after she sees me pour some some fresh water rather than it just being there when she goes to eat.
>>
>>2261410
>House cats are adapted to desert conditions so they don't experience thirst the way we do and often won't even think to drink water.
I've heard this a lot, but mine will literally come bounding into my room just to get to the fish tank and sit there for 40-50 second drinking as fast as they can. Are my cats just weird?
>>
>>2261337

I think that's just your cat's fetish.
>>
Try looking on craigslist, it's where I got mine. I have one like this one that retailed at about $60 at the time, and we got it for $10 fully functioning. Lots of richer folks will buy these for their pets who end up rejecting them, so they've got junk to rid of on the internet.
>>
>>2261317

Water fountains ade amazing. My cat used to love that thing.
>>
File: hereyougoop.png (291KB, 592x435px) Image search: [Google]
hereyougoop.png
291KB, 592x435px
Here's your other option, OP
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.